PDA

View Full Version : Etihad - Wannabes & Recruitment IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

cragle
2nd Jan 2010, 18:59
2010 will be a good year for everyone on this forum. good luck to all the guys going to ad this month and all us wiating will hopefully get our golden calls soon x

Cava Queen
3rd Jan 2010, 09:23
Congratulations Seatbeltsfastened, could you keep us updated of your progress? I got accepted in the LHR AD in December and then sent my references across like you and I recieved an email but there was no mention of any three week period, just the following note:

"Our HR team will be in contact with you regarding the process and shall update you when you will be scheduled for the next training course.

Please be informed we are not presently offering you employment, do not resign from your current job until you have received, reviewed, signed, and returned an offer of employment to Etihad Airways."

Fla, I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure you haven't fallen off the radar. Although I do think it is a bit mean that they haven't got back to your last email in two months, especially since it was indicated that you would be due to start about now. Maybe wait another couple of weeks and then drop them another line or call them. It's hard though isn't it because you don't want to annoy them but at the same time you need to know where you stand in terms of timings.

I have my fingers crossed for us and I will post on here if I hear anything from them.

x x

pinktrolley
3rd Jan 2010, 11:16
Hi guys,

itīs been such a relief to find this forum, as the cabincrew.com one doesnt seem to be have many posts lately.

I had my AD in London in Dec, made it to the final and got an email 2 weeks later:

Following your final interview, we are pleased to inform you that your application has been successful.
You will now be kept in our holding pool and we shall notify you when we have a Cabin Crew Training Course date available for you. However, should we not be able to place you on a training course within the next 6 months you may be required to reapply for the position online.

I gave all my reference/service letter during the assessment day. I asked Delnaaz how long it could take to get a DOJ and she said around 6 weeks, but according to what I read here, everybody has been waiting quite a long time.

Anyhow, Im glad to have found this thread where I can keep myself updated of whats going on!!! Iīll keep you posted aswell if I hear anything from Etihad.

Congratulations to those who have been already given a DOJ, and happy 2010 to you all! :D

obrkcj
3rd Jan 2010, 12:16
hi. does anybody know how the arm reach test is properly done? do you have to tiptoe on both foot at the same time, or can you tiptoe on one foot only and slant your body so as to stretch your arm higher. i tried both and with the second procedure, i could reach the minimum 212cms.:rolleyes:

pinktrolley
3rd Jan 2010, 16:18
You can tiptoe on 1 or 2 feet (no shoes), as long as you stand next to the wall (no running or jumping).

If you have difficulties reaching the height, try to stand as close as you can to the wall, so you can use the whole lenght of your body to reach the 212... Iīm not very tall (163cm) and I passed it without problems doing it like this ;)

I hope this helps :ok:

Lucy.R
4th Jan 2010, 06:29
You should have a smart dress for sure. Business look is what they want to.
Check their website and there is a list with places where open day will be.
I already checked and there is no Auckland in January so keep looking. Maybe next month. There is no schedule for February yet.
You will be interviewed in Auckland if there is an open or assessment day. Or maybe better to say they will invite you to that place where you apply online. :ok:

obrkcj
4th Jan 2010, 10:37
I just saw this mail from my spam box tonight..

Thank you for your application for the above position with Etihad Airways.
I am sorry to say that we will not proceeding with your application on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest in Etihad Airways and please accept our best wishes for your future success.
Should this position become available after six months, you are welcome to apply again.
Alternatively, visit our careers website at http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire to see what other positions are currently available.
Once again, many thanks for your interest in Etihad Airways.

>I feel awful that I would receive this mail a day after I submitted my application. It seems to me I am the most unqualified person on earth for the job! ha ha... :sad: After all, I had what it takes to be an FA. My scholastic records are above average (Im even close to reaching my Master's degree) and I have all the qualities of the physical requirement. So what gives? What do they "actually look for"?:ugh:

Cava Queen
4th Jan 2010, 15:36
obrkcj - I'm so sorry. Who knows why you weren't selected. As you say you meet their criteria and provided you do, I would have thought you are entitled to an invitation to the assesment day. It's been so long since I applied to Etihad I have forgotten what the application was like. Did you have to answer questions like 'why Etihad'? Was there something you could have said or maybe didn't say?

I know they eliminate a lot of people at this initial stage but to answer your question I don't think any airline looks for a specific type, they encourage diversity. Do you have the required customer service experience?

Don't be disheartened, if you want to fly, keep trying, the right airline is out there for you and sometimes you have to try a few times to get in. Have you applied anywhere else?

barrett1987
4th Jan 2010, 16:24
2 years customer service is more important than masters to be cabin crew. Do you have the experience? If you got an auto fail 1) They are auto failing you due to your country 2) You didn't write enough ''customer service'' experience.

pinktrolley
4th Jan 2010, 20:01
obrkcj,

Dont give up.... maybe itīs not the right time. Just keep trying and if itīs really your dream... follow it!

wishing you best of luck for next time!!

obrkcj
4th Jan 2010, 22:43
I dont have much customer service experience and as far as i remember, they don't require it as per website anyway. Anybody could apply right? And everybody undergoes training. As for place for origin, that would discriminating. :(

I have applied at several other airlines a few days ago. Hoping to hear from them. Maybe etihad is not for me. :sad:

Fla
4th Jan 2010, 22:58
Customer service experience is definately a factor in the recruitment process because in the AD they ask about your experiences and how you have dealt with difficult customers. Everyone at my AD were thoroughly questioned about their customer service experience. Just on your applications mention the jobs you have had in customer service. Trust me it helps!!

Best of Luck

Julika
5th Jan 2010, 06:04
Does anybody get invited to the interview in AUH on the 13th Jan?

northern-light
5th Jan 2010, 06:20
Hi all!!!

I would really like to get in touch with anyone who knows more about this postition, as I have applied, and have been invited for an interview...
If anyone sees this message, and can offer me a bit of insight, I would really appreciate it if you could send me a PM...

mellymoo
5th Jan 2010, 13:22
if i am correct there used to be a list on the requirements on what you need i think some health and safety on food prepping - i do believe that you also needed experience in working in the F & B industry (hotel, chef, F&B Manager) I think you have to have a recognised qualificatiion. The other thing i suggest you do is maybe type into google the f & B requirement field in for etihad and see what happens i do remember it used to bring the pprune forum and page up. I do hope that helps and good luck xx

Laliakam
5th Jan 2010, 14:19
:ok:Hi Julia, my name is Kamelia I'm from France and about 2 weeks ago I got the golden call. My start date is 17th of January. Just like you:D. That is the reason why I'm writing you.
I have few questions, did you already receive you e-ticket and your visa?
They told me that I would leave on the 14th. I sent them back the contract and the medical form. They sent me an email saying that my medical has been cleared. So I guess we just have to wait. But I am just so exited that makes me wonder about so much staff like how do we have to dress on the 14th and how many people are going to start with us.
If you have some info please reply.
See you on the 17th.

julia82
6th Jan 2010, 07:09
Hi Kamelia, I sent you a priv msg. I also called Ryan today to ask if everything was ok and he said they're still busy with preparing things but next week I'll get my eticket and visa and I should be ready to leave on 14th or 16th of Jan. He said that I don't have to do any vaccinations as Etihad will pay for neccessary vaccinations when we arrive. So it seems like it's really happenning- although I will believe when I get the ticket:D
Good luck to rest of us who are still waiting!

PS.
One more thing that really concerns me is the fact that in UAE if you live in shared accomodation and one of your flatmates bring drugs to your flat- all flatmates are held responsible and as you know drugs cases in UAE are so sooooo strict. It's really scary,isn't it?

pinktrolley
6th Jan 2010, 09:03
Best of luck guys!!!!

I hope all your paperwork, medicals etc go well, along with the training!!!

Julia, about the flatmates.... I have the same concern, not only about drugs but also parties, music...etc As much as I like to go out and have fun, I love living in a peaceful enviroment.

I wonder how easy can be to swap apartments with Etihad in case you need to...

Again, very best of luck!
:D

Madelie
6th Jan 2010, 10:50
Should I ever bother to apply Etihad, if I’m 161 cm tall? Do they check your height during the Assessment Day, or you just have to reach 214 cm?

Fla
7th Jan 2010, 11:49
Julika,
I got an email this morning asking me to attend the AUH AD on the 13th.

For all those confused, I had originally applied online as was asked to a previous AD in abu Dhabi but I went to an OD instead in Dublin. Not sure weather I should ring them or not about my online application and been in the holding pool.???:bored:

want_to_fly
7th Jan 2010, 22:22
Hey guys it's good to see Etihad is hiring again and that they are holding ALOT of OD's. However, I am frustrated that even after attending an OD in Melbourne last year March (didn't even make it pass first round), I still can't update my cabin crew application online. I needed to change some information because I'll be leaving my home country to do a holiday working experience somewhere else.

Anyone having the same problem as me?

For those who will be attending any AD/OD's good luck to you all and wish you guys the very best!

God bless :ok:

Aeromar27
8th Jan 2010, 12:22
Hello does anybody know what is the reason for when your online application is not up-datable anymore and the status has disappeared?

Last time I had checked, it's status was "applied", and I had the option to update the attachments and all. Now that i got my passport renewed i needed to update it's photo but i found that the status has disappeared and that i cannot update it anymore.

Is this a sign that my application is under review? I am from Madrid and there is no OD scheduled for my city anytime soon, so I'm confused.

Thank you guys.

edit: I noticed that my application expired when the new year begun. Maybe that's the reason. Should I create a new online application now or should I better wait until they schedule an open day in Madrid?

yucyme
8th Jan 2010, 14:56
HELLO,
sorry for re-post,
but I still didn't get in touch with anyone joining on january 31st.
So if there's anyone out there, please say something
:-D

busygirl
8th Jan 2010, 16:41
Hey Guys!
Anyone else is still waiting for a start date since last january, february?

cragle
8th Jan 2010, 16:54
im still waiting since feb. theyre just waiting for approval to allow more guys on courses as theres a freeze on males at the moment x

mellymoo
8th Jan 2010, 18:38
also still awaiting female from the assessment day on the 16th feb LHR have heard their priority at the moment is japanese and arabic speakers at present and us guys who might not have those needs are still in the holding pool I wish they could hurry up and let us know whether we are still needing us to go or what is happening bit frustrating xx

mellymoo
10th Jan 2010, 14:12
well I also wondered that as well but surely by now that would have been the case??

I am awaiting to hear back from them as to what the situation is as I havent had any response for about 2 - 3 months now and am getting a little worried about the ones who have been in the holding pool for a long time I dont know who else has been waiting so long??

Mr 1A!
11th Jan 2010, 05:19
Hi,

I have not been on here since I finished training but thought I would come on to say I wish you all the best.
I have left EY after 1.5 yrs with them so one of you will be jumping into my shoes :)
Flying is great and I do miss it so I am hoping to be able to fly in Australia soon.

Go for your dreams and live life to the max.... Happy flying all :)

PS. Dont let people get to you and you will enjoy it! Oh and when your on layovers get out and enjoy it no matter how many times you been even if your the only one that wants to go out :)

You should check out the videos that crew have made during training... they are great and gives you an idea on what goes on...
Below is the one I made up for out Batch...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJYOBTCP9jE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jJYOBTCP9jE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cava Queen
11th Jan 2010, 08:01
Mr 1A,

Thanks for that video - very cool and inspiring.

Why are you leaving Etihad? Were you unhappy there?

Aeromar27
11th Jan 2010, 11:08
OOooh. Big mistake leaving an airline like etihad.... I left emirates after 2 years, and I have been trying to rejoin now but they can't offer me re-employment. Leving EK thinking that you can be so successful as cabin crew in another country is a big mistake. I assume it's the same with EY. I bet you will want to return soon.

Fla
11th Jan 2010, 20:46
I just noticed they have seemed to have cancelled some of their AD's for the end of Jan, whatever that means??

mellymoo
12th Jan 2010, 10:41
maybe they have reached their quotas and need other crew from countrries that require language skills for those flights

barrett1987
12th Jan 2010, 12:01
Cragle, i was also told no men at the moment,

I am assuming you are also a guy, if you get a call up please let me know on here as soon as you can, that way ill know they are recruiting men again and can ring them and see about a start date.

Thanks,

cragle
12th Jan 2010, 15:30
hi barrett

yeh im a male candidate waiting since feb 09.as soon as i get that call ill be straight on pprune,like i am everyday checking anyway. lets hope we here x

Fla
12th Jan 2010, 16:35
Looks like they are putting a stop on recruitment. The cabin crew online application is not online anymore on the Etihad website!! Maybe like you say mellymoo, they have reached their quota, and they might start working on that big holding pool.
Fingers crossed we'll all be getting calls soon.

SeatbeltsFastened
12th Jan 2010, 19:34
I hope you're right Fla & they are now starting to work on that holding pool. :ok:

I used to organise big recruitment days for my old company, before i was cabin crew , & i reckon the removal of the application form & the removal of open days can mean only one of a few things..

* They have reached their recruitment targets/quota for now.
* Not enough people have applied for the days so they are not going ahead with them.
* Cash flow issues / no more money in the pot for recruitment until the new fiscal year begins.

I'm inclined to opt for the first point & agree with Fla that they have reached their quota for new starters right now. EY are a popular company & i can't see their recruitment days being undersubscribed, so that rules out number two. Although number three, no more budget until the new fiscal, year is quite possible, but that usually doesn't happen in recruitment until late Feb/March. Well, it didn't when i worked in recruitment anyhow, but i haven't done so for a number of years so things may have changed.

I'm thinking positive like fla & saying that it's time for the holding pool people ;)

Sas1986
18th Jan 2010, 09:32
Just wanted to say a big good luck to all of those attending opens days and to all of those still waiting in the holding pool, hang in there your day will come and you will be over the moon when it does.

I had my AD back in May 2009 at LHR. At the end of November i got 'the call' and i havent looked back since. Im due to fly out this Thursday and start my training this Sunday (24th Jan).

See you all out there x

mellymoo
18th Jan 2010, 11:47
Dear Sas,

Congrats on a start date I just feel a bit dispondent that I am still awaiting from Feb 2009 for a start date and have contacted them and still havent heard anything!! Dont know whether I have just been forgotten or they are taking people to make a mixed batch??

Have fun and good luck xx

pinktrolley
18th Jan 2010, 12:09
Congratulations SAS1986!!! Wishing you all the best... so lucky to join in January! in many aspects and weather wise as well :ok::ok::ok:

Mellymoo... I share your thoughts aswell. Iīve been searching the forums and cant find a logical order for the Golden Calls. I wonder if itīs a language and gender preference, or if there are different levels within the holding pool (more/less desirable candidates).

For those joining training courses soon, pls keep us updated once you are there about any rumours or new training courses dates :D

Congratulations once again to those who got the GC and for the rest of us waiting.... lets think positive! :ok::ok:

Fla
19th Jan 2010, 12:51
Looks like a freeze on recruitment :{

Sas1986 and everyone else starting in Jan, wishing you all the best. And if you hear anything useful about upcoming dates please keep us updated here.

:ok: xx

cragle
20th Jan 2010, 16:36
every etihad related is so quiet!

mellymoo
20th Jan 2010, 17:43
I agree Cragle went on another forum and seems to be nothing happening. I resent a letter to recruitment and still nothing to be heard. Just a little worried nearly a year on and................ still awaiting xx Patience is a virtue but geez hello!!

valensi
21st Jan 2010, 07:06
mellymoo - sympathise with you completely. have you tried calling them? i've never got a response on email, but if you phone the global contact centre you might have a better chance to talk to somebody in 'real time'. i did this when i received shortlisted status email and was invited to LHR AD even tho I live in dubai and asked if i could go to AUH and the next morning i received the email invitation, so maybe it would be better to follow up this way? I admit, you do have to go round the houses, being passed on from dept. to dept. but a bit or perserverence might help your sanity at this point! i had to try about 3 or 4 times, but i have a number for 'employee services help desk' who were quite helpful, if you'd like it i'll pass it over in a PM.

so to all of us still swimming in the holding pool, lets just keep treading water for now! ALL CC recruitment has STOPPED so the recruiters are obviously in HQ in Abu Dhabi busily trying to sort out training dates for us all. Honest!

xo

mellymoo
21st Jan 2010, 13:18
Valensi, I am still awaiting with some people of the Feb16th AD 09, and so am not too worried at present. It would be nice to depart this freezing cold weather haha.

I will give it till the end of the month as I know that they are so busy why I am worried is that I am getting older (34) and am worried that might be taken away from me which might sound stupid but I know what the Middle East is like!! Worked for 10 years to a rival one.

Another friend of mine is also going to contact them as well, he is also losing the patience as well to what is happening.

I know that they are really busy but i wrote to two people was hoping for a response but hasnt happened. i will resend them another alternative number that they can contact me on maybe that will help.

To all still awaiting I am still here and to all those that are on their way to AUH have a great training time xxx

botkja
24th Jan 2010, 17:14
Hi everyone! Recently I applied for assessment day in Milan on 25th Jan, but now I can't log in to Etihad page and also all the assessment days disappeared from the web page. Does it mean that the interview was canceled or what? Please, if you know anything, let me know. Thank you

fa_wannabe_20
27th Jan 2010, 05:56
any news when etihad would hire crabin crews? very desperate

barrett1987
27th Jan 2010, 11:09
There will be no training courses in FEB.
Fingers crossed for March fellow holding pool folks.
If anyone hears differantly please post!

valensi
27th Jan 2010, 11:15
That's good news for me as I'm away for most of Feb and March - something I can't get out of. Imagine if they'd called for me to start in Feb and I'd have had to have declined. Where/When did you hear that there's no training in feb if you don't mind me asking, barrett1987?

EYEY
27th Jan 2010, 15:34
Hi, it might be wrong but I heard a few Japanese successful candidates will join a training in February. Those candidates had the interview in November in Japan. (I've been in the holding pool since last Nov.) Well cause EY will start the two new operations to Japan soon, one is to NGO in Feb & the other one is to NRT in Mar, hope EY will keep opening the training course continuously..!

cragle
27th Jan 2010, 17:19
how many of us waiting in the pool do we reckon there is? 100-200?

barrett1987
27th Jan 2010, 22:37
No one could know unless they were a recruiter cragle, just no idea. 100 200 300 400? who knows with etihad. 30 from uk recruited in feb time? 15 from australia? europe? states? africa? asia? who knows.

Bubee
28th Jan 2010, 10:15
Hi everybody:)
The waiting starts to be a bit ennoying, thatīs true...:(
Has anybody tried to call them?

busygirl
28th Jan 2010, 17:56
Hey!
Look what I just received...

" Further to your application for the position of Cabin Crew with Etihad Airways, I am writing to inform you that we are currently in the process of evaluating our operational requirements.
This means that we will be keeping your application in our holding pool until further notice. Should you no longer wish to be considered for the role, please advise us accordingly. Please also advise us if you gain alternative employment so that we can remove you from the holding pool.
I understand that this may be disappointing news and assure you that we will be in touch again should any significant changes occur.
Please do not hesitate to contact Etihad Airways if you have any queries.
Thank you for your interest in joining us at Etihad Airways."
I donīt think this is promising. Iīm waiting since feb 2009.

pinktrolley
29th Jan 2010, 12:09
I agree with you, busygirl, not promising at all... not even close to nice, iio78 :rolleyes:

I know they are reviewing the holding pool, taking people with missing documents out of the list etc, but this "operational requirements" sounds to me like another stop in the recruiting process due to budget or no new planes coming.

Does anyone know if there are any aircraft deliveries scheduled for the next few months?????

mellymoo
29th Jan 2010, 21:45
Hey pinktrolley/busygirl and Cragle,

That doesnt sound too good does it, but then again isnt it a bit unfair that they have taken people who have been on the AD's with us and have had dates etc.

I mean I am currently working somewhere and have a BAA ID which means that my security rating is okay. Also, with regards to missing docs I sent in my stuff to them after the day as I lived overseas and couldnt get all my docs.

I do hope it will be soon march not a problem but would be nice to know when??!!

pinktrolley
29th Jan 2010, 21:53
heymellymoo,
Yes, it is indeed... I still cant get my head around how do they work out on the holding pool... skills? languages? No idea...

Busygirl,
That email that you received, was it an answer to an email that you sent them or was it an automated email?

Como on, guys, letīs keep it up :ok:

barrett1987
30th Jan 2010, 00:54
i too have some questions on that email.

Was it a reply to an email you sent?
Have you any missing docs.
have you rung them and spoken to the hr reps in charge of training dates (diff department to that which chose you on the ad)

If it was a random send to you AND you feel there is nothing on your file to warrant undue attention, then the rest of us in the pool should be a little scared. That email came across as just restating the situation we are all in untill the end, where it made it sound like you were in an even lower part of the pool,,,,the we wont hire you untill there is no other choice,,,,

Little worrying,

Mellymoo, you are oz march ad right? I'm told there is no training dates for Feb, that they try to give everyone 1month warning, that when they dont its because someone has dropped out last minute and you are replacement.

grr, i just want to start now so bad

busygirl
30th Jan 2010, 14:57
Guys,
I thought this was as automated email and they sent it to all of us, but it seems like, that you mellymoo and cragle (who I think were on the AD in feb at LHR) didnīt receive it.
I did send 3 emails in the past 3 months, it looks like this is the answer.
In my emails I always just asked about the updates on my status.
Thatīs it.
As far as I think there shouldnīt be any problem with my documents, references etc.
Then who knows? Should they not try to contact you if they have any probs?????So youīd know...
To be honest, I think we are all in the same shoe.
We donīt know whatīs going on and weīre loosing hopes whether or not we admit it.
It is very disappointing and unprofessional not to receive an answer to your emails (or in 3 months time) and not being able to call them, because no one picks up the phone.
But then... I see the pictures of those people who were on the AD with us, and now theyīre on their training, posing in uniform for the pictures ....and all I wish is to be there

KEFREN82
30th Jan 2010, 18:54
hi guys,
remember me? I was at the assessment day of february 2019 in Milan.
I am here in AUH and I can say that I enjoy every moment that i am here.
I was lucky, and finally I could join Etihad.

I was waiting for 8 months though... and I know it is frustrating.
Actually, if I were you, I would have contacted them more, to know if it's just time to wait, or if something has happened and they are not more interested.

Good Luck,
see you soon!

Mr 1A!
31st Jan 2010, 01:46
Hi

Iv notice alot of you are on holding pools and not getting much out of them...
When i was working with them they did put on a hiring freeze around JUN09 and there were almost no training classes, maybe one a month. When i started there were new batches every week and I am sure this is going to happen soon...
I left in DEC and so did many other crew. Rumour has it around 200-300 crew over 3-4 months leading into DEC left. (apparently, HR says this is normal for that period???)
They are short on crew now because friends of mine still there are Working full rosters with min days off...

So hang in there cause they will have to do a huge recruit very soon to get crew numbers up and to be able to operate their new aircraft arrivals.

Also they do take their time but thats normal over there :}

Good luck to you all :ok:

SeatbeltsFastened
31st Jan 2010, 19:50
Mr 1A, I hope you're right. It would be ace to see some of the guys who've been waiting 12 months for a start date to finally get that call.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't received any email from them with regards to further waiting in the holding pool. I only had my AD & my "you have been successful" email in Dec '09 so I would guess that the reason some of us have had the email & some haven't is that they are trying to update the guys that have been waiting the longest?? I've only been waiting a month so i'm not really a primary concern for them. Like I said previously, I used to work in recruitment, & I know that if I sent out an email like the one some of you have had it would be because the company really wanted you, not because they didn't want you! I think it is EY's way of determining who is still available after almost 12 months of waiting & to keep you updated about how things are at their end. I know it's rubbish news, but I think it's more positive than negative. Like Marie2009 said, big companies like EY have no problem at all in saying "no" to candidates & if they needed to say it to us they would.

Let's keep thinking positive :) & thank you KEFREN82 for your supportive words!

xxx

julia82
2nd Feb 2010, 16:51
Hey guys,
I joined Etihad in 17th January before I had been waiting for a year almost (AD- 26th January) so I know how frustrating the waiting is.. Now my batch nr is 349 and the last batch that started a week after us- 350 is the last batch before summer. So you will have to wait a little bit more and after that time they should be contacting you again. I wish you patience and I'm sure soon we'll meet here in Abu Dhabi.

pinktrolley
2nd Feb 2010, 23:01
Guys, thanks so much for your post... Mr 1A and Julia, your words are like a light at the end of the tunnel.

Iīve been only waiting for 2 months now and I wish few more months pass soon...

Busygirl, Iīm sure you guys will be the next ones to be called... just keep the faith :)

flyinghigh1975
3rd Feb 2010, 04:56
I have just joined EY and I am very happy!!
There is one thing I would like to warn every new joiner for: the banks!
The banks here in the UAE have nothing to do with banking, just with trying to get as much money from you as they can. Especially the NBAD in the EY office is an absolute disgrace. The people are completely incompetent and rude. Also NBAD had the worst customer service ever! I have heard many people complaining about it so don't let EY push you into having an account with them, you will regret it!!

pinktrolley
3rd Feb 2010, 11:53
Morning all!!!! Just a couple of things regarding the last posts.....

Dayle,
We all understand how frustrating the wait can be. At the end of my 2-1 interview one of my questions was: is there a holding pool to join the training course? I was told that it would take a week to get a successful/unsuccessful email, and from there it would take around 1 month and half to join a training course, so we would be looking at a February start. Seems that nothing like that is going to happen, and thereīs people here like Busygirl, Barrett, Mellymoo and Mary2009 that have been on the pool for ages... I found out all this holding pool thing after my AD, when I joined the Etihad forums to see what was going on.
Regarding the 6 months, notice that they say "should we not be able to place you on a training course within the next 6 months you may be required to reapply for the position online". So it doesnt necessarily means that you will have to apply again, so donīt lose hope.
All this waiting game is not very professional indeed, but in the other hand if you have worked in the airline industry before you know that all the airlines work in a similar way: things change, what yesterday was black today is white and projects and plans can change drastically within a couple of months. Itīs difficult even for the recruiters and trainers, as training classes are scheduled depending on the figures given by other departments. Most of the time not even the training department knows what itīs going to happen in the next few months.
I just say, once again to all of us, keep the faith and be proud of having been successful to the whole process... I am sure that the rest will come and we will laugh about all this over a drink in Abu Dhabi sometime soon :D

Flyinghigh1975,
May I ask when did you have your AD? ...so the rest of us can keep playing this game of calculating whatīs the average waiting time and in which order EY calls people for a DOJ... and we can torture ourselves even more (at least I do every now and then) :}

Wishing you all a wonderful day!!

SeatbeltsFastened
4th Feb 2010, 02:28
Thank you Julia82 for the update. Good luck with everything in AUH & if you hear any more info about new training batches please do let us know :)

yum
4th Feb 2010, 03:09
Tend to join Etihad....does everyone knows if they will recruit again cabin crews in Australia (Melbourne)? please drop your comments and feedback. thanks....!

Mari
4th Feb 2010, 15:41
Dear Yum,

do you bother to read or just asking totally stupid questions???

Yes, of course, there will be recruitment in Australia. One day. Check the homepage regularly.

They keep people in the holding pool for 6-12 months right now. Some people even get rejected months after a successful interview.

Why don't you read back and try to find out more information???

There is an Emirates Open Day in Brisbane on 13th February by the way. Why don't you try that? At least they need people right now.

mellymoo
4th Feb 2010, 17:11
just a bit worried as you say they keep people in the holding pool 6 - 12 month well I have been waiting along with a few others for just under a year!!! and saying about rejection letters after being succesful?? (there was one girl that had a position in the holding pool and then got rejected).

I agree instead of people keep asking random questions about AD's go onto the etihad career website www.etihadcareers.ae and have a look at the days of assessments its pretty logical to understand everyone otherwise go back on further pages to get answers from repetitive questions.

Good luck to all of us in the Holding Pool and those that are nearly a year up have to be honest starting to lose hope now!!!:(

pinktrolley
4th Feb 2010, 18:37
Mari and MellyMoo...

what is this "rejected after being in the pool" thing??? I will have to read through the whole thread once again, because I think I missed something :(

Iīm honestly celebrating like if I had the job already, not matter the wait.... 6 months? Cool. 1 year? Cool. But these latest news are devastating... unless you guys mean "rejected due to medical checks".

Here I am now... confused.com :confused:

mellymoo
5th Feb 2010, 10:05
sorry pinktrolley, what happened was a girl who was on the LHR AD last year was in the holding pool and then after about 2 months or so got a rejection letter from Etihad but then again it could of been cause of security clearance etc or maybe she didnt hand in all the docs. I generally dont know.

I have written to Shereen and Alena and still havent had a reply that was over a month ago and I sent them twice. I would love to know what is happening - I know BA and other airlines have long holding pools etc. I would just love to know am i coming or am I not.

I havent lost hope to be honest but am getting a bit worried as none of us are hearing anything from their end and that is was is so frustrating - maybe an automated message to us to know the current situation.

it would be nice to know something.

Good Luck all of you and me for this patiience in the holding pool i am hoping D Day will come for us all xxx

barrett1987
5th Feb 2010, 11:24
Just to clear something up,

The people who choose you on an AD have no part in the process of you getting a Training date, they compile the docs, put the references in order then pass you on to a new department. This department handles the security check and training dates.

Talking to the people who hired you at AD will not help you get training date, they just dont know. Its a differant department.

As it stands, to my knowledge.

No training in feb.
Maybe march...

One girl has said no training till summer...so june? hear from them april time?

Either way, its going to be a long long long wait, those in the holding pool, its even longer.

pinktrolley
5th Feb 2010, 11:48
Thanks for the info, MellyMoo... that makes actually sense, I think they give candidates around 2 months (from their AD) to provide all documents (ref letters, school certs, etc)

I thought that you and Mari meant that it could happen to get a rejection letter with no other reason but "we donīt want/need you" anymore... I am sure they reserve the right to do so, but Iīve never heard of this happening before.

So... Barrett, everything points out at summer time? I know of some Etihad ground staff in AUH who are also on the pool for CC; they were expecting a training soon but, as you said, now theyīve been told that no training dates for February.

Summer in AUH! Great indoors study with 50šc outside! :ok:

pinktrolley
6th Feb 2010, 14:02
Hi Dayle,

It seems that not everyone got the same "successful" email after the FI then...

Has anyone else from the ones whoīve been waiting for a year got the "you will be required to reapply for the position online" email ?

Cava Queen
8th Feb 2010, 09:27
Hi guys,

Hope you're all ok.

I think it's pointless speculating. No-on knows what they are up to or what's going to happen. My advice to anyone in the holding pool for Etihad would be to just hedge your bets and apply to every other airline you can and forget about Etihad for a while.

I have to be honest and say that even when I went for the interview back in December one of the interviewers kept stressing to me not to leave my current job before getting a contract. She also added 'so much can change' and I got the impression that she was trying to imply that the job might not come off even if I was offered it (which I was obviously).

I got the impression that the interviewers at my assesment day were doubtful that we would be placed soon.

I think it's best to come to terms with the fact that the more recent candidates that have been accepted in the past few months, like myself, may well have to re-apply after six months, especially with this hold on training courses. I know it's not what people want to hear but I just hate to see everybody labouring under false hope.

Don't get me wrong, I really hope I am proved wrong and they place us all soon but I think it's important aswell to be realistic and focus on plan B.

x x

Mari
8th Feb 2010, 10:14
My friends at Etihad told me yesterday that they are quite nervous as some contracts were not extended and people were kicked out without any serious reason. Rumour has it that they want to get rid of 200 cabin crew as the "A" position is removed from the flights. (Meaning: one crew less on all flights.)

That's all I heard but I have no idea how much it is true... You also should ask your sources at Etihad about the athmosphere.

Fla
8th Feb 2010, 11:12
Hey mari,
I heard that too but i thought those people were just taking on another position? It doesn't make sense to make people redundant with their expansion plans and with all the assessment days they held in over the winter.
But hey who knows whats happening. People in holding pool it looks like a lot more waiting is ahead.

gela1009
8th Feb 2010, 16:23
are they hiring cabin crew? i checked the website i only saw f&b manager onboard.

Mari
8th Feb 2010, 17:23
Well, as you can see, there are NO cabin crew recruitment right now. People who had successful interviews long time ago, are still in the "holding pool". Kindly, read back.

My friend was lucky because she started in December after 8 months waiting.

mellymoo
10th Feb 2010, 14:09
so many rumours....

I read in an airline mag that Etihad were getting more aircraft. I know in Emirates we had a reduction on the amount of seniors on board they trialled it for a bit and it didnt work. However, they did it in First Class and it kind of worked but now I think they have gone back to the original way of having 3 First Class crew.

With things like that I wouldnt worry airlines always try and do things to cost cut and trial it and to see what happens if its beneficial or not - one way to look at it is at least they are trying to keep people in their jobs.

I do believe that with regards to crew levels they might be going the way Emirates did and picking the chaff from the grain. Basically, looking at the whole situation high sick days or people taking the mickey on the weekends rather wanting to go out and partying or seeing concerts and there colleagues having to do their work instead. it is quite a common thing to do and lots of crew do take the mickey so maybe they are filtering what they need.

Well I suppose at the end of the day its all speculatiions and rumours. it is great that Dubai found a new oil field and will help its economic crisis. However Abu Dhabi has its own minerals and wealth which isnt floundering but with so many people who have fled and with DXB's economic crisis it might just have caused and ongoing problem with people not venturing over there.

Good Luck Guys lets see what happens xxx

BuBbLeUp
10th Feb 2010, 14:30
It is a pity that EY is actually planning to eradicate all the seniors as per the CEO's command! PMs were not presented with a reason why a certain crew would be non renewed! I have a friend who got NON RENEWED with a staff number 12 and with clear records and 2 absences for 1 and a half years! Imagine! It is crazy out here! Even the CMs are not exempted from being "non renewed"! Everybody's scared--not unless they are from GF! (DAMN YOU!) Some crew from Morocco went ballistic when they were asked to go to the office to sign their "new" contracts only to find out that they are being kicked out!!! Waahhaha!!!:{

Fla
10th Feb 2010, 15:23
yeah, 3 aircraft are due this year, but one is cargo!! Would love to know when they are coming though!!

Al maha
11th Feb 2010, 09:47
Hi people am curious,just asking whether etihad hires any african gals recently. . ???

sky26
11th Feb 2010, 11:59
i got me and my friend FI on last nov and both of us got the famous holding pool e mail but what i really don t understand why those people went and waist ther time and money making assessments over the world if they are plaining to not recruiting anyone????:confused:
my friend she went to see HR people in EYand they told her maybe end of march they will start the training.
best of luck to everybody

TERRIER two
11th Feb 2010, 15:23
AFP: New Dubai oil find a drop in the ocean of debt, say analysts (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iDc_Chykbd-VZkule4-VG1w_3DUQ)

Fla
11th Feb 2010, 20:10
Its great to hear that, and thanks for sharing with all of us waiting anxiously in the holding pool. Hopefully they do have training at end of march and we are lucky enough to be placed. I agree with you if they are trying to save money, it would make no sense to spend money on assessment days. As well as that, as you all know, on these assessment days they have focused our attention to their expansion plans and they mentioned they hoped to employ 25000 people by 2015 or 2020, can't quite remember. But that is a lot of people to add to their company so they'l have to fit us in soon to keep up with these plans.

Well heres hoping. Have to keep swimming for another while!!

mellymoo
11th Feb 2010, 21:05
it sounds like a Gulf Air situation happening all over again when they got rid of a whole load of crew!!

Mari
11th Feb 2010, 21:14
Absolutely...

25,000 people? Sure... The UAE doesn`t need two big airlines. And there is Air Arabia (Sharjah based low-cost) and Fly Dubai (Dubai based low-cost), as well. Too much competition.

The whole campaign was just a show.

sky26
12th Feb 2010, 10:45
EY it s supposed to be the new leading airline and as we all know that EK had so many problems and dubai had big crisis and the first one to help dubai was abudhabi, abudhabi was not effected by the crisis.
fly dubai and air arabia were created to help EK when they were going down like Gulf air they created bahrain air the low cost airline.

mellymoo
12th Feb 2010, 20:21
so back to the drawing board??? Or do we sit like floating ducks awaiting to see if a stone hits us and we get the email, to say whatever we need to know. Its been nearly a year bar a week or just under and now the hope is fading along with others we would like to just know what is going on!!:ugh:

pinktrolley
13th Feb 2010, 01:22
I totally agree with you, Mellymoo.

I donīt think any of us are bothered about the wait, itīs all about the lack of info and updates from Etihadī side.

Just an email from their side would make a big difference...

mellymoo
13th Feb 2010, 13:08
yeah it is pinktrolley.

If we just got kept in the loop, I know its all rumours on the page and I am so grateful to everyone who has been writing about what they have heard and what is going on.

It would just be nice to know what is going on, even if it was we have put everyone on hold etc, due to current climate, or we are making a few changes in our recruiting etc. Well guys anyone has any useful info with regards to latest changes or updates, telephone calls etc. please post would be so grateful to know xxxx Happy valentines Day to you all xxxx:)

sky26
14th Feb 2010, 00:46
well guys i guess we have to wait for long time i got my e mail on dec 09.
anyone of you tried to apply for other airlines?? i was trying to apply for saudia arabia airlines but i couldn t do it online??anyone has an idea???

mellymoo
14th Feb 2010, 19:59
Just thought i would let you know that I got the email about the holding pool, and that due to operational requirements I am still being held in it until further notice what was written in previous emails xxxx Hope that helps guys.:ugh:

pinktrolley
14th Feb 2010, 22:46
Hey Mellymoo...

It was a reply to your emails, right???? What a lovely Valentineīs present... Etihad still loves you!!! ;)

Nothing new, but at least they keep in touch, what is good and positive :)

Thanks for sharing it!!

Fla
15th Feb 2010, 11:10
Yea, I just got that e-mail too. Hmm well at least its not a no!! oh and pinktrolley, for me I think it was a responce to my e-mail because I e-mailed them twice.

EYner
15th Feb 2010, 12:28
This is for the holding pool people ! I work for Etihad as a FA and as you heard ... they are finishing contracts with people who they do not need, actually those people who have a bad sickness records, no shows, those who are useless for the company and they could be a barrier also to their collleagues as they report sick that much (every month, which is too much) However, they are gonna call for you guys, cause they need new faces and new people who are motivated to do the job. A little patience and you are almost in, There are many people on training right now, but they will start calling people again, try to do something useful for yourself that will benefits you if you are still willing to join or if there is another alternative all the best :) ... So i hope this message would help you out people, your turn will come soon :) ...

Cava Queen
15th Feb 2010, 17:01
EYner,

That's really positive thank you for sharing that with us. In a way it's good to know they are getting rid of people that are taking the mickey and as you say, hopefully it will make room for those of us who would give our right arm for the job and not call in sick every month.

Question is, how long is a reasonable time to wait for an airline. I'm 29 soon and have had to move back home. So much waiting, so many 'maybes' and 'soons' but no definites. It's certainly a test of one's character - all this living in hope.

Still as the Guiness ads say "Good things come to those who wait". :)

windsummer
15th Feb 2010, 18:10
Hi, one of my friends got invited to join late in Feb! So there IS a training in this month. She told me when EY called her she could choose when she wanna join apparently... It sounds like they are flexiable to some people eh? Hope we can also get a call like that too! :ok:

mellymoo
15th Feb 2010, 19:23
thanks guys for all the positives and such sadness of what is happening to some crew over there... but its the inevitable that will happen with airlines checking all the details, sickness and monitoring everything. It is sad that we will be replacing crew that have left due to unfortunate circumstances of others. We will bring the company back to what it was and is as we are all so enthusiastic. So fingers crossed to all xx:D

pinktrolley
16th Feb 2010, 00:28
wow, excellent news!!!!

Thanks all for sharing all this info!!!

EYer... I really liked your post; I worked 7 years for an airline and everything in there was based on seniority, not on performance. When redundancy times arrived, they got rid of many good people just because they had been in the company less time than others, keeping the same old tyrannosaurus who didnt give a damn about their job. Sad.

Iīm glad to read that Etihad works on performance basis... and , personally, I will be more than happy to replace whoever itīs not interested in working for the company... because I REALLY AM! I fully agree with Cava Queen on that one.

Cheers guys!

Ps: I see that Golden Call arriving anytime soon! :D

EYner
16th Feb 2010, 15:01
This is from a reliable source, there are 400 people in the holding pool, so I am not saying somthing which is unsure, guys Etihad want only seriouse people and as I have seen lately with the new joiners is that are mature and ready for the job, ... I think they are starting with the japanese and Arabic then everybody else who remains, ... if there is no negative letter from etihad they will sure call for your turn, I have flown with some crew who were waiting since last year and they are in now ! so your turn is coming ... :) .... see you in one of my flights guys :)

cheers !

busygirl
17th Feb 2010, 15:21
MELLYMOO!
We should have celebrated our 1 year anniversary yesterday:ugh:.

By the way EVERYONE...I just want to say goodbye to all of you and wish you GOOD LUCK!
Yepp, that means my life has completely changed in the last 4 months (for good) and Iīve decided to stay in my current workplace and not to go to Etihad.
I think I gave them enough time, letīs say...they had a chance to hire me, but they didnīt. Itīs their loss :).
Iīm giving up this waiting because Iīve decided to focus on family...family planning...
So again...it was a pleasure to chat with you here, getting excited everytime someone else had the "Golden Call", exchanging experiences...

Good luck again xxxxxxxxx
Ps. Iīll be keeping an eye on you here...just to know what is going on...:D

cragle
18th Feb 2010, 22:33
sad to hear your moving on busygirl :(

it was a year ago today i got the 'you have been successful' email and should take 2 weeks for clearence.

still waiting :(

zvrky
20th Feb 2010, 15:50
Is Etihad holding assessment days in february, march... at all?

mellymoo
20th Feb 2010, 17:21
Hey busygirl.

First of all congratulations on your news.

I can understand a year is a long time too wait but us guys are so keen to go I dont think we can lose all hope yet. SO to us guys who have awaited patiently for over a year - congratulations for waiting this long fingers crossed it will be us soon xxx yes think my 2 week clearance should have happened by now haha!!

pinktrolley
21st Feb 2010, 23:02
happy anniversary to the veterans here! ;)

Busygirl, congratulations... wishing you all the best for your future!!!

Btw, guys, I also got the "operational requirements" email that everyone else has recieved in the past few days.....

sky26
22nd Feb 2010, 02:48
regarding the e-mail you have received guys, is it an other one different than the one we have all got after the Final interview? i mean the holding pool e-mail? maybe because some have been waiting more than six months?? :eek:

pinktrolley
22nd Feb 2010, 05:33
sky26,

this is the email:

Further to your application for the position of Cabin Crew with Etihad Airways, I am writing to inform you that we are currently in the process of evaluating our operational requirements.

This means that we will be keeping your application in our holding pool until further notice. Should you no longer wish to be considered for the role, please advise us accordingly. Please also advise us if you gain alternative employment so that we can remove you from the holding pool.

I understand that this may be disappointing news and assure you that we will be in touch again should any significant changes occur.

Please do not hesitate to contact Etihad Airways if you have any queries.

Thank you for your interest in joining us at Etihad Airways.

mellymoo
23rd Feb 2010, 10:36
Yep thats the one I got!!

cragle
23rd Feb 2010, 10:57
i feel im the only one who didnt get that email.

i havnt emailed for a couple of months so maybe thats why, i just ring hr every month for updates which suits me x

barrett1987
23rd Feb 2010, 12:54
same here cragle, i ring, dont email,, didnt get that reply email

KorDenSer
26th Feb 2010, 12:41
Hey guys,
Has anybody got any positive news from Etihad Airways for those who are still in the magical holding pool? :)

mellymoo
26th Feb 2010, 16:46
nope not yet babes xx

zvrky
26th Feb 2010, 17:50
people, can you tell me are there assessment days scheduled for next month or something?

i can't see anything about that on their site, is there some freeze in recruitment at the moment?

barrett1987
26th Feb 2010, 18:10
aye recruitment freeze, lots in holding pools, some being sacked or not having contracts renewed. So recruitment isn't good at the momment, it's so frustrating. Emmirates have started recruitment again =-/

Ksyusha
27th Feb 2010, 18:41
hi,guys
just registered here..gives me hope reading all these words of support,thank you!:) passed the AC in December in Frankfurt,also have been still waiting...They wanted us to be very flexible to join EY any time and no respond till now...today the "Emirates" has had the AC in Münich... anyway, cheer up and good luck to us all!

mellymoo
28th Feb 2010, 10:28
ky - welcome to the long waiting pool xx

Ksyusha
28th Feb 2010, 14:45
Thank you,Mellymoo
Yeah...we're all united by one hope! :O Thank you for being so attentive!:ok: well...the interviewer told me they were searching for German speaking people very urgently and they didin't know when the group for the training would be gathered...wether in Februaury or in March..the people who were the day before and only with the English language, they had being told to be patient and to wait....that's all I know...

Fla
28th Feb 2010, 19:39
Thanks for the information from your AD Ksyusha and EYner. It appears that Arabic speakers are in demand yet again, an open day for CV drop off in Abu Dhabi has just been put on the website for arabic speakers only for the end of march.
Would be nice if us English speakers were in demand and get sent over for training.

Mellymoo, barrett1987, cragle, I have much admiration for you, You have been waiting a year. That takes a lot of patience. I first met Etihad in August for the Dublin open day and im starting to get a bit impatient waiting. The joys of been the holding pool.
I still just remain hopeful that one of the aircraft to be delivered this year arrives soon so more training picks up. Wishful thinking, I know!!

Busygirl, I wish you all the best for your future. Im sorry that you've had to wait this long.

mellymoo
1st Mar 2010, 10:25
the worst part is Fla that there were people on our assessment days that have done the training and are online!! So you can imagine how we feel, plus some of us are already cabin crew and no that its not through security checks we are awaiting or clearance its just no places right now oh well we will get there sometime its just not our time yet xxx

Username1
1st Mar 2010, 13:31
People,

I know this must be really difficult for you but try not to analyse everything you hear from them.. Firstly, the letter said, ""You will be informed with regard to the status of your applicaiton, if you need to re-apply again or so. Currently you are still in the holding pool. You will be contacted once a training date has been confirmed. We thank you for your patience and support."

Try not to read between the lines.. Its simple.. It means.. WAIT!
Yes I understand that you have been waiting for a very long time but this is your oppurtunity to find interim work. Beleive me, the middle east will never get things done in time.. When I joined EK, I found out two days before my flight out of my home country, that my start date has been pushed forward 1 month.. Sux doesnt it??.. So I completely understand your frustration..

For those of you who think the letter is another way of saying," we wont take you", try and think logically. Ask yourself this.. Wouldnt they have sent you a letter to say, sorry, we wont be hiring you bla bla..After all, you have not signed a contract or come anywhere close to that matter.. So if they really wanted to, they would have told you otherwise....

Cheer up.. I have confidence in you all and I can assure you, their is light at the end of the tunnel...... xo

cragle
3rd Mar 2010, 10:56
just noticed some new assesment days in april. i can see there all arabic countries so obviously still short of speakers.

when will they want the english speakers?

barrett1987
3rd Mar 2010, 11:06
I'm learning German while i wait.

honda199
3rd Mar 2010, 12:45
dose ethihad recruit indian people....i want to apply but there are no assessment days in india at all ...can anyone please help

Mari
3rd Mar 2010, 15:03
All cabin crew are English speakers.

There are no open days because they have 400 people in the holding pool. Some have been waiting for 12 months.

They are hiring Arabic speakers now (ADs in April), they need them.

Maybe in the second half of the year. Keep checking the homepage.

barrett1987
3rd Mar 2010, 19:53
He knows that, he means people that ONLY speak english. But think you knew this.:ok:

windsummer
4th Mar 2010, 04:36
I am ex-crew, I think English speaker means native speaker of English. Obviously everyone has to be able to speak English and if you can speak another language, thats plus! But from my experiences, we really do need some native speaker of English sometimes!
Anyway, no matter what language we speak, lets hope that EY will give us a golden call soon! :ok:

cragle
4th Mar 2010, 09:44
sorry everyone knows i mean english only speakers are on hold at the moment.

sorry mari that you find the need to pick up on what everyone says, think its time you read between the lines before making your pedantic coments!

Mari
4th Mar 2010, 11:14
I perfectly understood what you meant.

They don't make a distinction between native and not-native English speakers. (That's why your question didn't make sense.) My mother tongue is not German but I am a registered German speaker for instanse and I'm considered English speaker, as well. The person who makes the English PAs doesn't have to be a native speaker.

Not "english only speakers are on hold at the moment". Everybody is in the holding pool, regardless of nationality and language knowledge. (Japanese people were not in the pool: they were interviewed, hired and trained right away, as there was an immadiate demand for them. Did you know that the basic salary for new-joiners is 2,500 dhs and it's 5,000 for the Janapese crew?)

I guess they need many Arabic speakers because it might be a GCAA regulation now to have an Arabic speaker on board. (That's what I was told by a Purser, although I asked a captain and he said it was not mandatory. Whatever...)

A Polish friend of mine had the AD in London long-long time ago and she started her training at Etihad in December. Maybe her flying experience counted more than her mother tongue...

You want to know when they will need you. Check aircraft delivery plans for Etihad in 2010.

mellymoo
4th Mar 2010, 11:21
Hi All,

I dont think its anything to do with experience or language speakers all.

I worked for the rival Emirates for 10 yrs as a Senior so I have flying experience, and fly internationally now can get away with conversational French and other languages basically asking what they want to drink eat etc.

It is a GCAA legal requirement that you have to have one English speaker and an Arabic crew onboard and I would think they are make it a priority to have a native speaker of the country they are going to. It used to be Afrikaans for South Africa this changed due to SA having 13+ languages, India - Hindi speaker this changed due to so many places we flew to in that region.

I think we just have to wait as they are awaiting a/craft to come and sorting out their requirements on crew!!

We will get there eventually!!

ashlea
4th Mar 2010, 11:30
March 4, 2010
Based on identified operational needs, in-flight services are now on the look-out for more Arabic speakers. Recruitment has therefore planned two Open Days this month,
March 13, 2010, Etihad Training Academy, from 10am to 3pm; and
March 27, 2010, Etihad Training Academy, from 10am to 3pm.
We are looking for people who are

fluent in both Arabic and English (read/write/speak);
at least 21 years of age;
at least 162cm tall; and
have at least 2 years customer service experience. If you know of anyone, male or female, who meets all the above criteria and is interested in joining Etihad, please invite them and ask them to bring their CV, a passport copy, copy of residency visa in the UAE if applicable, and a passport sized-photograph.
Please feel free to forward this message to all your friends and encourage them to join us.
Note: a drop off box will be available on the Open Day for those who wish to submit the CV and other required documents on behalf of their friends.

cragle
4th Mar 2010, 11:40
well mellymoo i think it will just come as a surprise to us when it does happen, then we can celebrate with champagne on the flight out x

coffee or tea
4th Mar 2010, 12:10
ashlea,

with regards to your bulletin hiring arabic speakers, with this, im interested to apply however, i can only speak the language but not in writing, this could mean im not qualified? i worked in the middle east for 12 years in an airline's catering company.

appreciate your feedback....

zvrky
4th Mar 2010, 17:23
Do you, guys, know if they would need japanese speakers again?

And if they just wanted the Japanese people only or those who are not Japanese but speak the language also? I am asking because I'm studying it.

mellymoo
4th Mar 2010, 17:53
give it a go.

The reason being is the study is all in English anything to do with the Aviation Industry onboard is all done in English onboard. I would apply for an Arabic speaking position, because it will be for an Arabic speaker if you dont try you will never know xx

sky26
4th Mar 2010, 18:03
hey guys they only need arabic speaker and i am starting my training on the 21th of march, they contacted me 2 days ago askihg me join in this date because they don t know when is the next training will be, iam an arabic speaker so i was licky i guess.
i wish you all good luck and i will keep you updated for all the news and trainings.

pinktrolley
5th Mar 2010, 00:20
sky26... congratulations on your Golden Call!!!! Iīm so happy to hear that someone at least is getting into a training course, thats great news... :D

I hope they keep calling people soon, not only arabic speakers :D

EYEY
5th Mar 2010, 01:22
Hi, just would like to let you know, have no idea how many though, that Japanes people have also been kept in the holding pool since last September or November.

I just got email from HR and what they said was that I still have to keep waiting as currently no training courses available. HR also said they will contact me once any training course is confirmed. I don't know when it will be but I'd like to wait with fingers & toes crossed:)

Any news about training from Abu Dhabi by present EY crews will be really appreciated:ok:

SeatbeltsFastened
5th Mar 2010, 18:49
Hey guys,

I just thought i'd let you all know that i've just had my holding pool email from HR. I got it on 4th March & i'm from the FRA assessment on 14th December. I know this info isn't of any use but i wanted to keep everyone updated.

To Coffee or Tea - At my AD the recruitment team asked us only to put other language skills down if we could read, speak & write the language. The reason being that you will be assigned as a speaker of that language on certain flights. This responsibility means everything from doing PA's, to helping pax in their native language, to translating any important information downroute. I speak Japanese but don't read or write it, so i wasn't allowed to put it down on the form, as if they assigned me PA duty on a Japanese flight i wouldn't be able to read the PA's they wanted me to say!

Ksyusha
5th Mar 2010, 19:44
I was in Fra OD on the 15th of December! :-) I was getting my passport after that,it took a while and they already started asking me where all my stuff was and after having sent it to them on the 29th of January, I got immedietly "the holding pool" email...
Everybody, keep the faith!

Ksyusha
7th Mar 2010, 14:31
this email with "evaluating operational requierments"...I didn't get...though I know the people from my AD got it...is it good or bad?... :confused:

Fla
9th Mar 2010, 15:16
Sky26, congrats getting your start date. Oh and Marie2009, I replied to the email basically telling them im still very interested and I am looking forward to hear from them again soon.
Was just reading the Emirates thread and so much joy is going on with the mass recruitment and people getting calls every day for start dates. This thread is in dire need of some excitement. Would be nice if Etihad decided to carry out a mass recruitment too, bringing lots of smiles to peoples faces. I guess our turn has to come too some time!!:O Its been a while really since anything has happened here!!

cragle
9th Mar 2010, 17:52
i phoned this week for my monthly update and no courses coming up apart from the arabic females which we already know about. I still feel positive and feel ill be there this summer x

mellymoo
9th Mar 2010, 18:04
thanks crag for the info, believe me babes when we get there its defo champagne and caviar for us!!! Fingers crossed we get to hear soon so patiently waiting. I didnt reply back to the email they sent as I am sure they will contact us as soon as there is a placement for us guys xxx I know that they will mix n match the groups of different nationalities and cultures fingers crossed guys COME ON ETIHAD!!! xxxx:ok:

cragle
9th Mar 2010, 18:25
well we can have the lots of champagne,being a vegie ill swap the caviar for more champagne instead lol

Fla
9th Mar 2010, 19:44
Thanks cragle for the info. I hope you are right that we will be celebrating over there soon with champagne in hand.
Anyways, im probably getting a little ahead of myself but I was thinking arabic speakers have been already given training dates so maybe with the new assessment days for arabic speakers coming soon. Maybe those people will be in training with all those already in the holding pool to make up the different nationalities they usually have in each batch. So maybe, thats why they haven't arranged dates yet..
I know a lot of maybes

Some of my friends working at etihad have lost out regarding renewal of contracts as of this week also, so who is taking over for all these people who are gone???
There NEEDS to be more training to keep everything ticking over!!

carguard
9th Mar 2010, 23:28
hi can someone give me accurate info on the pros vs cons for working in the main fleet and 380?

i think im mainfleet soon to commence.

i was originally wanting 380 as heard it all layovers, how many layover wil i get on mainfleet, and is it same $?

dreamcrew
10th Mar 2010, 14:17
to cargle..

Im an arabic speaker but male.. I still can go and drop my CV? coz you said they need female arabic speaker only... Im confused now.

cragle
10th Mar 2010, 14:30
sorry i must of mis read the website. good luck x

barrett1987
11th Mar 2010, 12:21
Marie, it's not racist. It's common sense. There is a massive differance between working/social with someone from another country and living with them.

Makes sense to keep same nationalities together. It lowers the chances of a problem. though it doesn't destroy those chances.

barrett1987
12th Mar 2010, 09:11
It's about lowering the chances of a conflict.

I'm not saying you won't get on with someone from another country.

But if you meet 100 people from your country and 100 from differant countries. You would find it easier to live with 90 from your country wile only 85 from ''other'' countries. *Above numbers are fictional and just to make a point*

It's a number game, by sharing a country, you and your new roommate have a bond/culture is the same. It's about reducing the ''chance'' of a conflict. There is more CHANCE that a conflict will happen with other cultures when living together.

Also, in theory it should be easier to make friends with someone from the same country, you share politics, sports, tv, history and thus have more to talk about and connect with.

If you drop me in a flat with 2 men from Saudi Arabia who are both in there 40's or you drop me in a flat with two guys in there early twenties from london. Which am i going to make a connection with quicker and easier?

barrett1987
14th Mar 2010, 19:58
If you understood my point but still didn't agree, that's fine.

mellymoo
14th Mar 2010, 22:59
i think both of you have fair points. The truth is normally it used to have be 3 girls sharing accommodation or 2 and the same for guys. The reason they try and put nationalities that are similar is because of way of living and culturally, it is not racism!! Please get that attitude out of your heads!!

You have to understand that some of us eat Halal food and others dont, some people have fish heads others dont, some people drink others dont etc etc. So they try and accommodate people who are smokers/non smokers etc.Its not fair for someone who doesnt drink and it is against their religion to live in a house with alcohol and vice versa!!

Normally what happens after a while crew do ask if they can move to be with their friends etc its a normal process.

Take it easy guys its a cultural thing and with the batches they try to mix them so that we all learn to work with other nationalities and understand others as well xx

KorDenSer
16th Mar 2010, 20:23
Hey guys,

Why Etihad Airways does not have any training courses for cabin crew neither in March nor in April? What seems to be the problem with the world's leading airline? I know other airlines that operate in the Middle East hold many assessment days and training courses. Thank you.

trip7s
17th Mar 2010, 09:28
No training courses and no updates from HR.....been on hold since November...one month to go then i have to apply again (6months)
Shame on the Recruitment team for lack of communication....the very thing
they look for in there cabin crew....very disappointed :ugh:

Ksyusha
17th Mar 2010, 13:30
hi, I've been waiting since December too..but you could read here the messages where the people said they had been waiting for almost 1 year and then they joined...no word about applying again..?
PS. am from Ukraine:)

trip7s
yeah,it's very very dissapointed..to let people hanging in the air just like this...very frustraiting...but what can you do..they make the rules...

but anyway,people,don't give up! we all achieve our aim! :ugh::O

barrett1987
17th Mar 2010, 13:35
If they asked me to apply again , i wouldn't.

Happy one year anniversary to me

Ksyusha
17th Mar 2010, 13:43
yep...agree with you..it's just doesn't make any sence...having people already who had passed and ready to join...just not fair...so,as I've understood,you've been waiting a year and they're still having you in the holding pool without asking you to apply again,right?...if you look at "Emirates" site, there is action all the time...only here everything is frozen...:*

mellymoo
17th Mar 2010, 15:15
With the Emirates situation people still had to await to do a telephonic interview just to let me them know up to date details etc. I do know some had to do new photos and new medicals for Emirates.
I wish we knew what was going on I did hear that they are still awaiting new aircraft this year hurry up Etihad plleeeasssee xx:rolleyes:

KorDenSer
18th Mar 2010, 15:08
I have been waiting for a DOJ for 11 months. Last e-mail message which I got from Etihad HR officer was about "evaluating operational requirements". They didn't ask me to re-apply again. That's why I keep on waiting. I think airplane delivery is a main problem for the company at the moment. I do hope they will place me on a training course soon. :D

Any information from present Etihad Airways cabin crew would be highly appreciated.

Fla
18th Mar 2010, 16:43
I first met Etihad nearly 8 months ago, in October I got the happy to inform you e-mail and you MAY be required to undertake some element of the recruitment process if not placed on a course in 6 months. My 6 months are up in 2 and a half weeks time. Like anyone else, I don't fancy having to go through all that again.

Anyways, regarding references, does anyone know when they contact them? Before you are placed in the holding pool? Or when they pick you out of the holding pool? One of my references has changed job therefore completely different contact details and I really hope that they contacted them before we were placed in the holding pool. I know I gave them letters of reference also so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem!!

Hurry up Etihad and hire us!!

mellymoo
19th Mar 2010, 09:39
Hi Fla,

I believe they contact them when you are going through the security procedure. I know over here normally all documents are sent to the CAA for security clearances and then an appointment is made for you to go and have a small informal interview.

Over there they are using a company that are doing the clearance checks. They will do all school certs and references etc. I do believe it will only be when recruiting restarts and they begin the process as I think they last only 6 months and then have to be redone.

I wouldnt worry about one of your references however I would say nearer the time what you could do is send them the contact details of the referee who has moved with contact details.

I am still awaiting on a piece of string how long is the string - I dont know!! We have awaited over a year now but didnt have any information of reapplying again but I am sure if its like Emirates hold on recruitment that they will do the same to us maybe a telephonic interview etc or have to go to London for another informal chat, how they will do this I dont know as some candidates have moved overseas now due to visas runnning out in the UK eg Aussies and South Africans!!

I do agree that the communication hasnt been so good as to what is happening. I think at the end of this month surely they will know what is happening. I saw that the other 2nd route for Japan is opening cant see the arrival of aircraft though?/

Well guys hang in there and if I hear anymore interesting news will let you know xx

EYEY
19th Mar 2010, 13:09
Hi, I've been in the pool for four months. I got the following email from HR at the end of February. Has anyone got this kind of email before? Also, could I have your any opinions on this email? Thank you in advance!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear xxxxx ,

Thank you for your interest and patience; as mentioned in our initial email your file is currently in our holding pool . As we do not have any training courses scheduled currently you will have to wait till you are scheduled for one .

Our HR department will contact you when there are any available dates .

This letter does not constitute an offer of employment and you should not make any decision to terminate your current employment based on it. Your employment with us is still subject to the successful completion of the necessary clearances.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Cabin Crew Recruitment Team

Fla
19th Mar 2010, 14:28
Thanks Mellymoo for the responce, I figured that might be the case. Are waiting days must come to an end soon, and as I recall someone mentioned on this thread before, that in the training centre they had said that training would resume just before the summer. Speculation!!! but hey its the end of march summer is close and if this were true phone calls should be starting soon. I keep telling myself all this to make the waiting a bit easier.
Anyways EYEY it's all good in that e-mail, nothing to worry about. Your in the same boat as the rest of us. That e-mail has made it clear though, none of us have the security clearance as of yet.:ooh:
I still think once the assessment days are over for the arabic speakers, things might pick up!!

EYEY
21st Mar 2010, 14:35
Hi Fla, thanks for your encouraging message!
Yes we are on the same boat going to the destination!
I also have expectation that things might happen after the recruitment for Arabic speakers, hopefully in May..

Fingers crossed:ok:

KorDenSer
25th Mar 2010, 06:45
Silence again... :( Has anybody got any news from Etihad?

Dayle
25th Mar 2010, 07:31
I got a phone call from Etihad yesterday:D
It seems that they will start trainings in May so I was asked if I was still interested in joining:ok:

Also, other Japanese successful candidates got phone calls:}

They have trainings in May so be ready to pick up a golden call from them sometime soon :O

I felt kind of desperate because they didn't give me any information about the trainings... but yes it's worth waiting.

Keep your faith;)

Dayle
26th Mar 2010, 06:35
"I felt kind of desperate because they didn't give me any information about the trainings"

In my last post, I meant to say "I had felt desperate till they gave me a phone call the day before yesterday because they just kept saying that they would place me on a training course when there are any available dates."
I am sorry I didn't make myself clear:{

Cragle and Fla,
It's my pleasure:)
I heard that me and some other Japanese speakers offered to be placed on a training that starts in the beginning of May. Technically in the first week of May.
So:}There IS a training:ok: I still think that people who have been waiting way longer than us should have heard from them by now but they starts flying to Narita in Japan in 2 days. I heard something from a friend of mine who works for Etihad. That is Japanese who have hired lately have to be in charge of Japanese routes mainly for the first 3 months or longer.... that's why they need Japanese speakers in particular maybe?

Anyways, I will keep you guys posted:)

Fingers crossed for everyone in here:ok:
*I am dreaming of all of us working together laughing at how worried we were while waiting in this magical holding pool:}*

KorDenSer
28th Mar 2010, 17:36
Hey guys,

If Etihad Airways is expected to start new cabin crew recruitments for English speaking candidates in December 2010, when are they going to hire all of those who are in the holding pool then? May it happen that Etihad HR department won't employ candidates who have been waiting in the holding pool for more than one year?

Fla
28th Mar 2010, 17:56
Someone from the last batch mentioned when they started that training would resume at the beginning of the summer. Now weather that is true or not I don't know but obviously hope that it is. And guess what.... today is the first day of summer.
KorDenSer, If you have been waiting over a year, im sure that HR will just call you and just interview you over the phone again if they need to. I hardly think they would say oh this person is in the pool a year, we don't want them anymore. That would be unfair!

BirisYuliya
30th Mar 2010, 12:50
Hello to everybody who is in the holding pool! Today I’ve got a Golden call from Etihad HR Team..For sucha long time I haven’t been So So HAPPY!! Finally news, they asked me if am I still interested to join cabincrew college and how much time I need to leave my present job at home. They haven’t sad about certain course date, it is going to be May, June or July. Anyway I know that soon They will call to everyone who was successful. Don’t lose your patience!!!! Good luck to all and will see some of you at the training in Abu Dhabi!!

Ksyusha
30th Mar 2010, 17:27
hi!!!
oh my God!!! Fantastic! I'm so happy for you! Finally,finally some actions here! Yuliya,how long have you been in the holding pool? So,they didn't say when the training is gonna be,only the months approximately,right? but it's coming closer, this day of joining... I see the light again,guys! :):D
Everybody keep the faith!

cragle
30th Mar 2010, 17:29
lets hope this does lead to summer start dats x 13 months and counting ....

Esprite
30th Mar 2010, 18:21
Hi everyone,

I have heard from my friend working with Qatar that If you used to work with Etihad, you'll not able to apply to Qatar or Emirates for 1 year. Is that true? And do you know why?

Thank you very much.

BirisYuliya
30th Mar 2010, 20:03
Yes Ksyusha, you are right, they havent said a certain date yet :} and I have been waiting since April 2009, quite a long time!!! I am sure that there are some people from the holding pool, who are waiting for any news from Etihad, even more longer then me..best of luck for all of us!!!

mellymoo
31st Mar 2010, 00:13
Me and Cragle and Duran still seem to be waiting since Feb last year!!! I am hoping to go out to the Middle East and have thought about popping my head round the door to see if I can find out what is happening with regards to us guys!!

Congrats tho, with regards to the Qatar and Emirates question their is a kind of bond between the airlines more so Qatar than Emirates that in Qatar you have to sign an agreement its a bond to basically cover if you leave before the 2 year duration. Emirates and Etihad didnt have this bond you have to stay at least 6 months so that you have done your time otherwise you pay a fulfit in this instance. It costs them a lot of money to send you out there and so they keep a bond behind to pay any outstanding debts etc. After a completion of 3 yrs and renewal of contract then you get a gratuity hope that helps xx

Mari
31st Mar 2010, 01:01
The answer is: YES.

12 months from the date of resignation at Qatar until the date of joining at Etihad/Emirates.

If you don't want to wait: change your passport and don't mention Qatar in your CV.

Esprite
31st Mar 2010, 04:24
Thanks mellymoo (http://www.pprune.org/members/293278-mellymoo) (Comment no. 1947)

To Mari (Comment no. 1946),

I'm sorry. My English isn't strong enough but I'll try ^_^. I just want to say "Do you know the reason behind that policy? Why does QR have to launch that policy? Is it about a visa problem (international regulations between UAE and Qatar) or business competitors among those 3 airlines?"

Thank you very much.

Mari
31st Mar 2010, 09:03
Sorry, I don't understand the question.

mellymoo
31st Mar 2010, 12:55
No not to do with Visa or Business Competitors just a mutual agreement they have. Its monetary and also a gesture that they dont want crew to go out there and then get given another job with another company and they are left out of pocket just a pact that the companies have made.

Esprite
31st Mar 2010, 17:28
Thanks mellymoo (http://www.pprune.org/members/293278-mellymoo)

To Mari,

I'm sorry. My English isn't strong enough but I'll try ^_^. I just want to say "Do you know the reason behind that policy? Why does QR have to launch that policy? Is it about a visa problem (international regulations between UAE and Qatar) or business competitors among those 3 airlines?"

Thank you very much.

Mari
31st Mar 2010, 21:52
Mellymo gave the answer above.

Working for Qatar is sh*t. They want to keep the crew and don't want to make it easy for them to leave. That's the reason. It's a good background, though. There are lots of ex-Qatar crew at Emirates and Etihad, as well.

Actually, I had a lovely dinner "with the girls". Meaning: gossip evening, as usual. So, 60 people were dismissed recently at Etihad and some of the new contracts are extanded only for 1 year. Sick days and absent days (surprise, surprise!) were taken into account.

Training courses on the way!

EYner
1st Apr 2010, 19:40
For your info ... i work for ey ... and it's true they have not renewed some crew contracts just because of rate of sickness that exceeds the limit way too much, so it is not as bad as Qr where i was working before. They have renewed the contract of one year only just because the visa expires after one year and they will only renew a three year contract after renewing the visa, and I think it's fair enough, because some people think they are in holidays here, yes the job is great but people should take it serisouly. Reporting sick every month is not acceptable. But it is much different from Qr, Qatar are just piece of joke, it's a good airline but they are treating ther crew like slaves, I still have nightmares sometimes wearing Qr uniform, ... LOL.

flypilot24
1st Apr 2010, 19:46
You are going to Cabin Crew... so what what you reckon comes in training? Obviously Safety, service and aviation heatlh.
Multiple choice and writing... etc

cotita
2nd Apr 2010, 03:32
It is sad to see that some people can't take this job seriously!
There are (in my company ,as well) people working just for the fun of it
While there are so many out there wanting to become cabin crew members..NOT FAIR!

Just hope that you get that golden call you have been waiting for so long. Goood luck to you all!

EYner
3rd Apr 2010, 03:17
Concerning the bans between the three airlines, Only and only qatar that ban its crew to join other airlines like emirtaes but etihad opens the door for qr crew. Etihad and Emirates are quiet open and they are not retaining their crew to join other airlines if they wish to but they have to complete the 6 months probations.

Mari
3rd Apr 2010, 05:52
Wooow! Are you ex-Qatar?! So, my info is correct about the 12 months, right? (I was just told by an ex-Qatar boy but it`s better to hear it from someone who went through the whole thing.) So, this rule is valid even if you only worke a couple of months there, right?

Although, I think nobody finds out your QR-background if you don`t mention it in your CV and change your passport, right? That`s all I could suggest the people who wouldn`t want to wait 12 months...

mellymoo
4th Apr 2010, 21:38
Mari agreed thats one way of doing it changing passport cause you will have a residence visa in there

cragle
4th Apr 2010, 23:53
i want my golden call soon, coming up to 14 months waiting now :\

mellymoo
5th Apr 2010, 22:46
not counting then ?? I know that feeling!!:ugh:

e_mirati
5th Apr 2010, 22:50
Hello everyone,

I joined Etihad in October 2009, I was in the holding pool like many of you now, they called very few of us...

I have heard so many things... but the fact is that the company has only received two 330 aircraft this year and will not be getting anymore until 2011, which means the are supossed to resume recruiting sometime during the second half of this year.
I have herd from a colleague who spoke to her performance manager that there are not going to take anyone from the holding pool anymore because it has been a while since the interview already. However, I spoke myself to an HR member last week and she told me that they will be taking people from the holding pool sometime this year.
I mean with all this that the situation in the world in general is not very stable, and that affects us all. In this company you see things changing every day, so expect anything!! But I will tell you something, many aircraft are scheduled to arrive in 2011, so if everything goes well, Etihad will need many crew in the coming months...

I wish you all the best of luck!!

Mari
6th Apr 2010, 06:48
I thought they will get some A330s by the end of 2010. The A380s were pushed back to 2013.

An airbus 330 is not that big, one aircraft requires around 60-70 new cabin crew.

mellymoo
6th Apr 2010, 11:30
Emirati, thanks for your input and update.

I agree that they can turn around and tell us we are no longer succesful with our applications but surely they took some from the interviews we did and then some of us were put on hold. We have received letters to the effect that we are still in the Holding Pool back at the beginning of the year, surely it wouldnt be viable to go back out recruiting when they have crew on their books it would just cost the company more money??

There is a rumour that Emirates and Etihad could do a merger over here but then again just rumours but who knows?

I am coming to the Mid East for holidays and am thinking about going to the EY headquarters to see if I can get anymore information on it but will wait till out there.

Maybe that Toulouse Airbus have got a backlog on Aircraft orders, but they will still need crews to take on to cover them.

thanks for the info xx

Fla
6th Apr 2010, 11:51
I agree with you mellymoo. If they were not going to take anyone from the holding pool anymore because it is a long time since the interview, then why would they have sent us that e-mail in feb and even they likes of Birisyulia getting a phone call after waiting since last april asking if available for training in may, june, july. Like you say, it would cost the company more money to go out recruiting again.
My friend over in abu dhabi has also told me this week about trainings are been arranged for may, june and july. But its hard to know exactly whats going on with things changing everyday.

cragle
6th Apr 2010, 12:08
fla and mellymoo i think you must agree with me when i say all these rumours just go over my head now, so many different stories over the past year and most of them turn out to be false, on the other hand i tell myself i wont read pprune anymore but i cant help myself lol.

mellymoo
6th Apr 2010, 12:31
Haha Cragle, I mean I did the same for quite a while of not reading the threads as it just became depressing!!

However, I cant help but have a quick nosy of whats going on. To be honest now I will only believe it when I see it now, my hope goes up and down like a yo yo and have to seriously consider how long this holding pool is going to last, wonder if it will be like the BA Holding pools!! or the other airlines - its all a fragile state at the moment. What astonishes me is that Emirates went through a really low patch of stopping recruitment and putting everyone on hold then, they are short of crew and are on a massive recruitment drive but yet the state not the airline is in financial poop!! However, Abu Dhabi is doing okay financially so wonder why such a long wait!! Surely, with the economic climate Airbus would be desperate for the business I flew over the Airbus headquarters yday saw 2 Emirates planes, 1 Qatar, 1 Qantas and some others looking as if they were being painted. So business is happening there!!

valensi
6th Apr 2010, 13:01
Hi all,

This will come as no surprise to most, there IS training going on at the moment; and this training is for Arabic speakers only. Encouraging as it is that there are whispers of trainings going ahead in May, June and July; the website currently has a host of GCC ADs for Arabic Speakers only - coincidence?

As it stands, these new recruits are getting priority over us holding pool swimmers. A Moroccan friend of mine who I met at my AUH AD in July '09 who wasn't successful then, but tried again and was successful at the AUH AD in January '10, has recieved a call and is scheduled to start training April 25th. Of course, I'm happy for her; but the green-eyed monster has definitely struck since I was successful 6 months before and STILL waiting.

My recruitment co-ordinator advised me yesterday that what may happen with us long-term swimmers is very similair to that of the Emirates situation last year - another Final Interview, either over the phone or in the country you were interviewed in. I was also told these would be assessed on a case-by-case basis i.e/ length of time spent in the holding pool, previous cabin crew/customer service experience AND, surprise surprise, language skills, as to whether or not an extra Re-evaluation Final Interview would be required.. in other words, some will, some won't, and some won't even be considered. Ouch.

Fingers crossed tho, we'll all be flying sometime in 2010 - I remain optimistic.

xo

Ksyusha
6th Apr 2010, 13:26
hi,everybody!
I passed the AC on Dec, 15, 2009, of cource have being in the holding pool like everybody. some days ago Etihad called the girl who passed with me on the same day asking her if she was still interested to join...I didn't get any call till now though I know they needed german speaking people...really don't know what to think...increadible how they let people to hang in the air with their hopes and worries...at least some information: yes or no....

Ksyusha
6th Apr 2010, 13:31
e mirati
could you discribe us how the training course goes? is it dificult,hard,stressy? what is it? how do you feel there,how are the conditions? just allow us to meditate and to feel being a small part of our dream job..:-)
thank you a lot in advance!

SeatbeltsFastened
7th Apr 2010, 20:03
Hey guys,

I was downroute with my current airline on my rest day few days ago & got a call from the EY recruitment team. Same story as has been said above - they will do some training courses over the summer, do i still want to join &, if so, what is my current notice period?

Of course i said yes, i would still like to join, but i was so taken aback to be getting a phonecall that i didn't think to ask anything. As soon as i put the phone down i could've kicked myself for not asking a few things like how many people are in the holding pool, are they calling everyone, how many training courses will be held over the summer etc.. Sorry for not asking guys, i just really wasn't expecting a call from them anytime soon!

The phonecall ended with the lady telling me that she will pass what i said across to the HR team & they will be in touch when they have a course for me. I said thank you & that i appreciated her calling me & that was it.

xx

Mari
8th Apr 2010, 04:53
Why would have this person shared that information with you?! It's none of your business how many people they have in the pool and how many they plan to train during the summer.

Just concentrate on yourself and be happy you got it. Good luck!

mellymoo
8th Apr 2010, 09:41
Well done Hun to you so happy as for us guys we are still awaiting whats going to happen to us awaiting for 16 months now!! Thank you for thinking about asking about us guys - however dont think they would have told you.

Really appreciate it and good luck xx

valensi
8th Apr 2010, 11:01
Actually, Mari, the HR team at Etihad are very transparent and honest if you just ask. They give you as good an answer as they can give. For example, my HR co-ordinator (who actually conducted my FI) has no qualms about telling me what directions they receive from top management (as i said about the potential re-evaluation interviews above). In fact, my friend i also mentioned in my earlier post, when she receieved her call to join enquired about the status of MY application and whether or not I'd be on her training course.

I don't know how the recruitment team deal with candidates over at Emirates as I didn't pass the FI but trust me guys, ask, and if they know, they shall tell, I've had nothing but honest, direct answers.

SeatbeltsFastened
8th Apr 2010, 14:43
Thanks mellymoo & yes, valensi, i agree. EY have always been upfront & answered any questions i've asked.

The reason i am likely to ask questions like this is because i used to do their job (for a different company) & i know what many candidates used to ask me. I always answered them, because it's not classified information. In fact, oftentimes i would tell people this sort of information before they even had a chance to ask me. Some people may say it is non of a candidates business, but actually a good recruitment officer knows that most of these questions are the candidates business. The more they know about what is going on & where they stand the more likely they are to stay interested in the company. Anybody who has ever done any form of recruitment will tell you that it is all about the sell, from the moment you meet the candidate right up until the moment they sign the contract. ;)

Anyway... back on topic... My fingers & toes are crossed for more EY calls for everyone. Let us ppruners know if any of you guys hears anything. xx

mellymoo
8th Apr 2010, 17:14
Very true what you say when you go for a job normally you look everything up beforehand to get some incite into the company with this company its a bit different with so many of us going to be working in team.

I have sent a letter to the recruiters just letting them no my whereabouts fingers crossed I hear something.

valensi
9th Apr 2010, 07:28
In my haste to jump to the defense of our equally long-suffering HR team over at Etihad, I totally forgot to offer my congratulations on receiving a call and continue to keep my fingers crossed for a flurry of training dates in the heat of the Abu Dhabi summer!

All the best of luck and I think it goes without saying - keep us updated!

suissee
12th Apr 2010, 05:01
how to apply in ETIHAD???

Trolleydolly25
12th Apr 2010, 14:16
Heyy all,

just wanted to ask does anyone knows of courses/training start dates for this year?... This is for people that are waiting in holding pool like myself and have recieved a call from recruitment last month?...

Many thanks
hope to hear something soon

teefly
13th Apr 2010, 17:34
Hello everyone can someone tell me when etihads open house day is in Toronto

Mari
14th Apr 2010, 07:12
Maybe next year.

valensi
17th Apr 2010, 07:11
I just spoke to my mate who is starting training April 25th after succeeding in the Jan AUH AD (poor thing is totally exhausted as she already works for Etihad's Customer Contact centre and is swamped with all the confusion over the volcanic ash crisis!)

As I suspected the candidates successful in the recent Assessment Days in Bahrain, Cairo, Amman and one forthcoming in Beirut will be asked to begin training ASAP. (The tentative May, June or July dates)

Logically speaking, and from my experience of the AD, say 5 candidates from each are successful, that's an extra 20 or so joiners on training date courses. Still plenty of room for the rest of us....Or what if they have a certain quota to meet and must fill the remaining spaces (i.e the ones remaining after those who have been called recently have still expressed their interest and availibility) with Arabic Speakers only?

My pal is going to ask HR once the backlog of cancelled/rerouted flights is cleared; how many courses are tentatively planned at the moment, how many spaces availiable and whether or not they are already full.

Hopefully have a clearer idea in the next week or so, once the ADs are completed!

Username1
19th Apr 2010, 13:38
It appears that most of you are over this waiting game. I really cannot understand, why you can't just apply for emirates in the meantime.. ?. Ok, some of you perhaps have tried emirates and were rejected (oops, i meant to say not succesfull) but for the rest of the group, give emirates a go.. Beleive me, they are very very very similar airlines.. Perhaps the menu is slighly different and the uniform varies in colour and texture, but they still both fly to great destinations etc.. I hate to see you NOT make the most out of this valuable time..

Look, im not saying you wont get into etihad, but their is no guarantee they will recruit you if they havent said anything by now.. Remmember people, you are not guaranteed a job untill you have signed a contract.. So far, most of you haven't made it to that part.. PLEASE MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TIME AND TRY AN AIRLINE LIKE EMIRATES.. WHO KNOWS WHAT THIS WAITING GAME CAN BRING YOU....

HUGS TO YOU ALL.

Ksyusha
19th Apr 2010, 16:17
very, very wise words! and this is what I am gonna do in the future! there are some other chances, you are right and in meantime I'm just frustrated and irritated about this disorganisation by Etihad. they just let people hang in the air without saying anything...I cannot reach them, they don't reply...not that great impression of the future employer,huh?
only after having tried everything one can say I did all my best...Don't give up and I wish us all success and luck!

mellymoo
19th Apr 2010, 19:35
unfortunately I cant go back to Emirates otherwise I would did 10 years there!!! My job was only held open for 2 yrs!! I missed the chance.

Emirates was a fantastic experience and you get cash downroute unlike other airlines where you have to wait for it plus the new uniform is so classy now xx Good luck who applies xx

windsummer
19th Apr 2010, 21:26
mellymoo,

Hi, how come you can not re-join EK? Have you tried twice already?
I am also Ex-EK crew. But I would like to join EY rather than re-join EK now. But if I dont get a golden call this year, I may re-join EK! Hope we all get the call soon!

barrett1987
20th Apr 2010, 00:00
perhaps have tried emirates and were rejected (oops, i meant to say not succesfull)

Is it just me or is this comment really bitchy? Are alot of Cabin Crew this way? The bitchy underhand comments? I dated one for a long time, she wasn't. But i didn't know many of her co-workers. In peoples opinions are alot of cabin crew this way? for lack of a better word, Bitches.

Opinions?

Marie2009
20th Apr 2010, 00:29
Barett,

I don't think that usrname1 meant something bad by saying this.. I understood it as irony on the rejecting process, like they don't say "we reject you", but "you are not successful". I don't know, maybe I am wrong.
In any case, you are totally right! There are crew that are really bichy!!! :ugh:

I went on Qatar's OD, and while having the group discussion, there were girls who were very rude, interapting others all the time, without even saying "excuse me", shouting.. they didn't have respect AT ALL ..
Also, during the breaks they were having so nasty looks towards other candidates .. Uf! That is exactly what passed through my mind: " They are so bichy, and yet I will have to work with those people, and even LIVE with them ! " :ugh:

And guess what! They all made it to the final interview, along with other girls that were ok, and myself.

So, I truly believe that the nasty cabin crew are not getting nasty after getting the job, but they come to the company with that kind of personality.
It's a pitty the recruitment team can't see it while recruiting, the work enviroment would be much better .. And we wouldnt discuss about it now .. :}

windsummer
20th Apr 2010, 05:22
Hi ya, the reason why I like EY better is that ...

1)Some of the layover is longer than EK
2)Pay is better
3)You can give ID ticket to your FRIENDS too (10 per year)
4)EY dosnt have A380 crew and Main fleet crew like EK

But I am not say EK is worse than EY, ok? EK was just my first airline! And I wanted to get more experiences in other airline. IF I worked for EY first, I may feel that I wanted to transfer to EK to get more experiences!
:ok:

barrett1987
20th Apr 2010, 10:15
my apologies, Mari view on the comment could very well be correct. I didn't think of it in that way. My bad.

Trolleydolly25
20th Apr 2010, 10:58
Anyone here that made it to the final stage on the 7 th Dec LHR AD?....:confused:

mellymoo
20th Apr 2010, 12:11
with regards to the Emirates and Etihad comparisons.

First of all Emirates gives you a cash allowance downroute so you dont have to use your own money downroute, Etihad gives it to you in your pay at the end of the month.

The promotions in Etihad is quicker than in Emirates.

Emirates has a main fleet airbus and boeing and an A380 fleet as far as I know you cant decide which fleet you will be on.

Emirates layover vary - Sri Lanka is a 2 day stop for a 4 hr'ish flight, 24 hours in European cities, EY has a 72hr Geneva however have a short layover on some JNB flights. Its half a dozen of one half a dozen on others.

I cant say about the ID tickets but in Emirates we could use Cat C and Cat A tickets for other members of family and sometimes friends, eg a 50% ticket and a 90% reduction ticket.

To be honest I think the pay would roughly be the same as Emirates in some respects maybe a little more. In Emirates all crew in each class do a duty free so I suppose they can up their salaries in that way?!!

To be honest Etihad is more Gulf Air wayed than Emirates. Considering James Hogan and Sheikh Ahmed both ran Gulf Air.

valensi
20th Apr 2010, 12:54
For me, the 10 bonus tickets is a big plus at Etihad, plus, the housing allowance is more and you can opt to live out from Day One if already a UAE resident. As I understand it, EK prefers you to stay in staff accommodation for the first 6 months at least.

The beige and red uniform never really did it for me anyway! As my partner and I have just bought a place in Abu Dhabi, EY is the most sensible long-term choice for me so perhaps being "rejected" was a blessing in disguise.

Can I also just add re: the bitchy comments; guys, you need a thick skin in this business and especially in this part of the world.. Underhand comments come thick and fast and they'll all just roll off your back if you can see the funny side. Think of telling a passenger they've been "rejected" rather than "denied boarding"!!

Little_Red_Hat
20th Apr 2010, 13:30
Yes there are bitchy crew around, but then that is the same in ANY job- there will always be at least one person you don't get along with. We have all been hired because of our people skills,we should make the most of them and either try to get along or ignore the bitchiness.

Sure there will be comments but we can CHOOSE how we react to them. As said, see the funny side, have a laugh with your friends later on, and so forth. As Elanor Roosevelt said "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

Ksyusha
20th Apr 2010, 13:54
you are so right! it's everywhere, in any job..politics,rumors...etc...just choose the wise way to react on it-this is the real level..friendly but with dignity..if you secure and confident inside and happy with yourself- nobody can "bite" you... the people have problems with themselves that's why they can offer only what they possess themself ...just pity for all of us ' cause we've been waiting and hoping to get this golden call...

mellymoo
20th Apr 2010, 14:53
I have been in the airline industry a very long time compared to some and would say I am pretty thick skinned. But, I would like to state that your comment came across as quite rude and not really thought out.

I wonder if you are hoping that because maybe you are awaiting to get in Etihad that loads of people are going to step to allow you to get a little further?? I dont think babes that is going to happen if its for their best interests maybe they have already looked at that option and dont want to live in a high fast paced state and would prefer the more laid back part of AUH.

If you didnt mean anything by it which maybe you didnt I hope we all get there eventually and maybe crew should look at other airlines as well and not pin their hopes on EY, but for the time being until we get that letter to state otherwise we are all in for the "longhaul". I have looked at other options but after living in the Mid East miss it so much and left Emirates for personal reasons and the cost of living a few years ago was getting horrendous and the housing allowance I got meant I had to choose to stay or leave before getting seriously into financial difficulties - and before anyone makes a comment the rate of inflation in Dubai and housing was getting silly (my accommodation went from 52000dhs to 85000dhs within a year) so much so look as to what happened in the end!!

EYEY
22nd Apr 2010, 01:08
Hi guys, I'm just curious to know how the progress is going on for those who recently got the call from HR at around the end of March:ok: I think the call was to check if you are still interested in EY etc.. Please let us know any progress after that. Thanks in advance!

SeatbeltsFastened
23rd Apr 2010, 15:06
EYEY - yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!

After my phonecall from EY asking if I'm still interested about a month back I haven't heard anything more from them. I'll update the ppruners as soon as I do have any more contact.

xx

EYEY
23rd Apr 2010, 16:57
SeatbeltsFastened - Kochirakoso yoroshiku onegai shimasu:)

Hope you guys will get further contact from them soon and please keep us updated:ok:

Btw, I just saw the career page and knew that there will be next AD in May. Hope more training courses coming..!

Trolleydolly25
23rd Apr 2010, 17:21
@ EYEY

Hello,

I had recieved a phonecall too a month ago...still waiting anxiously as to what will happen next... hope we hear something soon fingers crossed.

Good luck to us all :ok: xXx

Jessica1984
24th Apr 2010, 01:32
The next AD in may that you saw advertised - is this for arabic speakers only though? where did you see it? I see on the EY homepage that there are more arabic speakers recruitment days but they are TBA for the date.

EYEY
24th Apr 2010, 02:40
Hi Trolleydolly25,
Congrats on you that you've got the call:) I will have my fingers crossed for the further contact reaching you guys soon!

Hi Jessica1984,
I saw it on the career page of EY website as you probably did. I checked it again but the two AD dates in May are still TBA in the Arabic speaking countries, Lebanon and Morroco.

aquair
24th Apr 2010, 17:04
Hi everybody, I have been invited lately for the assessment day of the 27th of April any advices guys? I am quite nervous :\ for me being invited to an assessment is such an accomplishment, knowing that thousands of candidates are applying every day. However, I am not that confident due to some skin problems, some acne that I started to have here in UAE may be because of humidity or food. It is not so bad but just I am thinking that I have to be perfect. It is making me a little bit loosing confident knowing that Etihad is focalizing on the physical appearance then the experience. I am 1.81 cm 76 kg and I am such an outgoing and sociable person. I speak more than three languages and I am working as a customer service agent.
Thanks

Jessica1984
24th Apr 2010, 21:11
Does anyone know how many people are actually in the holding pool?
And if so, how do you know? Is it good information, or just rumors?
Thanks!
Also, I wonder why they kept holding recruitment days in Dec/Jan if they already had people on their books. Hmmm... I am so confused I don't know what to think!!!! All I know is I WANT IT!!!!!! NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to us all!!!!! :ok:

SeatbeltsFastened
25th Apr 2010, 22:03
@ aquair

I went to my assessment day on 14th Dec & i got the "you have been successful" email. Like you, i felt as though my physical appearance wasn't great & this worried me.

I had ache a few years ago & it has left me with very damaged skin. Also i am rather short in height & i also have short hair, not the long glossy hair that people often think is stereotypical of a glamorous cabin crew member. I'm already cabin crew for another airline, but i hadn't attended an interview in at least 3 years & the prospect scared me.

My advice would be.. be yourself! It sounds ridiculous but it really is true. They are looking for a certain type of person, a certain personality. To some extent, everything else is fixable.

However, first impressions count & you can go some way to swaying their first impressions to a positive one!! I am female, so if you are female, this is what i did, i hope it helps you...Wear a smart, tailored office suit with a skirt & natural coloured stockings. Black standard-looking court shoes, no frilly bits or bows on them. Keep nails neat & natural looking. Perhaps a nice muted pink colour, nothing too bright or harsh. Take a nice simple, plain black handbag with you to complete the look & have all your documents inside a nice, simple-looking, black folder. Don't go over the top on make up. Keep it simple - foundation, bit of eye shadow & mascara, natural colour/gloss on the lips, but perhaps emphasise the blusher to give your face a glow. I kept mine simple like that & didn't put anywhere near as much on as i do for my current cabin crew job.

If you reach the final interview stage (i am sure you will!!) answer their questions with a smile & always give a rounded answer, as all questions are competency based - explain what you did, then why you did it & how you felt about the outcome. Keep answers short & concise.

I hope you feel a bit more prepared after reading this. &, if it helps, i was hired by my current company WITH my acne :ok: My current company are big on appearances so i didn't think i stood a chance. It just goes to show you that a postive energy, smart appearance & good prep for an interview can get you that dream job! & by the way, 3 months into my cabin crew lifestyle & my acne was gone! My doctor put it down to me being very happy & stress free in my new career & also due to the dry conditions onboard the aircraft ;) Now, 3 years later the acne has never returned.

xx

P.S. If you want to know what make up i wear to help cover up my poor quality skin, i use Estee Lauder. :) Other crew have even commented on my nice skin! I always laugh & tell them about my acne & skin damage & they don't believe me. Oh the power of good make up!!

Ksyusha
26th Apr 2010, 08:54
hey!
your AD was in Frankfurt, Dec, 14th? I was there the next day, also in the holding pool sincse then... they called all the people who passed that day...but me...not a good sign I guess...they start to choose people even from the holding pool already... I think we should try some other airlines... :-(

SeatbeltsFastened
29th Apr 2010, 22:51
Ksyusha,
I wouldn't worry, there seems to be no pattern at all to EY's calls or emails! Just try your best to put it to the back of your mind. They will call when you are least expecting it :ok:

Jessica1984
7th May 2010, 02:25
Any news guys?

pinktrolley
7th May 2010, 09:04
no news at all.... at least for me. Already 5 months waiting

barrett1987
7th May 2010, 12:44
no news, been ringing daily for last 4 days unable to get an answer just goes straight to voicemail. 14months waiting for me

Jessica1984
7th May 2010, 13:48
14 months - wow.
That is a LONG time. I have been waiting 5 and am already going nuts!
Did you get the email or call asking when you are ready to go and how much notice you have to give in your current job?
That is the last I heard from them.
Well... I don't know what to think... when will our time come?!

EYEY
7th May 2010, 13:51
Hi barrett1987, me too, been ringing for the last two days but only I could hear was the voicemail. 6 months will have passed soon by the end of May but still hoping to get in touch with them. Good luck to us all..:)

Trolleydolly25
7th May 2010, 17:06
Heyy guys,

Me too :-( still not heard anything since. Really don't know what to make of it....hope we all hear something soon.

mellymoo
10th May 2010, 13:28
Also the same nothing!!:ugh:

barrett1987
10th May 2010, 22:44
Some news...

May AD was Arabic speakers only.
June AD's will be mixed batch(english speakers aswell)
If you have been waiting as long as me, 14months, you most likely are going to be in the june batch.

The above has to be confirmed by upper management, but our handlers are thinking this.

In theory, those who had AD in feb/march LAST year should be in abu dhabi by end of june at latest. Let's hope this happens. My handler stressed to me that this MUST be confirmed by management before it's official and they start calling people...don't get annoyed if it falls through.#

....i'm excited though!

Jessica1984
11th May 2010, 01:03
Hey that's great news for you!!!
Do you mean Training Courses (not Assessment Days) for May are Arabic speakers only, and mixed in June? And then is that it, it stops in June, no further courses?
Well, as they said, it needs to be confirmed but it is a start at least, that they are even thinking about you guys and what to do with you instead of leaving you swimming in that pool for another 14 months!
I wonder how many people they have on hold since then, and how many would still take it? I am sure many would have already moved onto something else. Any idea how many people are in the holding pool?
Well, I do hope it goes well for you OK! Best of luck!!!

cragle
11th May 2010, 03:21
i phoned last week and got similar story about summer strt date, lets hope its true x

Jessica1984
11th May 2010, 07:09
I asked about the June courses in an email and was told that there are no confirmed courses for June (this could still mean they are yet to be confirmed - I hope) and that I should prepare for a bit of a wait.
I wish it were June for sure. Oh well, what do to except wait.
Good luck to all!

mellymoo
11th May 2010, 11:45
I wonder now what the story is I have been waiting with Cragle since last Feb 2009 and we are still hoping for start dates - enschalla!! I havent heard anything from them since Ryan sent me an email about the holding pool thingy. Considering they have won awards recently maybe we will get there soon but if training starts June they would surely start giving us more info??

almaha
11th May 2010, 16:25
[Text speak]