PDA

View Full Version : Etihad - Wannabes & Recruitment IV

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

agungOMA
8th Nov 2008, 00:50
Hi there...

My advice...KEEP ON TRYING and NEVER GIVE UP, if u want it so bad then it won't be a problem...

Let me tell u..i've been attended 6 walk in iterviews for Emirates, Etihad, Qatar..unfortunately i just made it till the final interview..

But here I am, still keep on trying and praying even my age is already 32 by this year whuehehe :P...

tiluchi10
8th Nov 2008, 15:35
Donisha !!!
I just can tell you the same as Agungoma tells you, keep and keep and keep trying, i have attended three times Emirates, being eliminated the stage before the final interview and I think to try again and again !!!! let's see who gets tired first, me or EK?????hehehe
good luck !!!

adsSW
8th Nov 2008, 16:44
Regarding the reference letters, Etihad have replied with the following:-

Hi Adam,

Either is fine, provided you have at least 2 referees with full contact details they can be in any format.

Kind regards,

Cabin Crew Recruitment

Etihad Airways, Abu Dhabi

Donisha
9th Nov 2008, 03:46
Thanks for the advice and motivation:)

chomelodie
9th Nov 2008, 11:04
All the EY interviews listed in the website say "by invitation", wat if there are no email invitations received after applying on9, is it possible to just walk in??? Would they reject you on the spot?

vespaet3
9th Nov 2008, 19:27
Thanks very much for your specific feedback re: the accommodation allowance! That's just what I needed to know :) Much appreciated!

BlueSkySid
10th Nov 2008, 03:15
Etihad Info for new Flight Attendant's
Hi crew

Here is a link with information on Etihad Airways for those new flight attendants joining.

EYCCT (http://groups.msn.com/eycct/welcometoetihad.msnw)

Best of luck!

BlueSkySid
10th Nov 2008, 04:55
Hi agungOMA (http://www.pprune.org/members/282430-agungoma)

You won’t believe what I’m about to tell you… I’m also forever trying my hardest to follow my dream. So far I’ve been to 3 EK interviews and 1 EY.

Read the follow post which dates back to December 2007…

My plans are to re-apply next year April after I finish my Certificate III in Hospitality Operations which I’m currently doing at Crown Melbourne. I know this will finally give me the dream ticket, the job of a life time…

I’d like to exchange emails and stay in touch with you anungOMA…

8th December 2007 Melbourne Assessment

Hey Guys,

Well today was exhausting but well worth it especially for me.. I MADE IT TO THE FINAL 2-on-1 interview which is taking place tomorrow. I was surprised with the turn-out. Only 65 people & 28 made it through to the final stage. It would've been the usual open day casting but they decided to conduct the assessment after everyone said they were available all day. This is my third try & it was an emotional day for me. I didn't think I would be but the feeling I experienced today is hard to describe.. after every session opening up that little piece of paper to read 'Congratulations' you have made it to the next round, was overwhelming... I had to walk it off & take DEEP breathes because I thought I was dreaming. Well guys.. I best get back to it. I've got an online test to finish - wish me luck!

14th December 2007 One day...

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THOSE WHO MADE IT

As for me... well I'll be back again for another year but one good thing did come out of it & that was receiving feedback from the recruiters which is a NO NO

My story is I started 2 years ago trying out for Emirates making it through the final 2-on-1 interview each time but then received the awful letter first time & then in an email the 2nd time after already a year had past. Yes I made it through this far again for the 3rd time but my recruiter asked me what it stipulates on the website.. I said one of the requirements is having a high school certificate, but I only have year 10 due to personal reasons. To my knowledge I assumed since I made so far every time it must be irrelevant since it's going back over 15 years ago. All 3 interviews over the last 2 years nothing had been mention in fact no one pointed it out (goes to show they aren't detailed oriented) & I said this in my interview. Over the last 12 months since we don't get feedback I've had to work it out myself & I was beginning to think that was the problem. I was told I have everything they are looking for as cabin crew & great customer service experience (which was first time I heard & music to my ears) but I was told there & then the honest truth... I will receive the no letter. Having said that we still conducted the interview & everything was documented for the next time. Mean while, I have to wait another 12 months before re-applying but I will redeem myself by obtaining that certificate equivalent to a high school cert so the next time I make it through they won't have any excuse but to hire me! lol

If anything I hope I've inspired those that haven't had the best of luck to keep trying no matter what!...

Little_Red_Hat
10th Nov 2008, 09:05
Blue Sky Sid... if you were in high school that long ago, then a high school certificate in Australia only went to Year 10... Yr 11 & 12 were optional back then if I recall correctly?? They were 10 years ago when I was in high school... might be worth looking into as if this is the case, it counts as a 'high school certificate'... perhaps EK have got it wrong (gasp! ;))

BlueSkySid
11th Nov 2008, 00:04
Hey Little Red Hat,

I don't recall Year 11 & 12 being optional when I was in High School dating back to 1992.

Year 10 is considered as junior High School but it does only say
- "Educated to at least high school standard" on the EK website??
then...
- "Educated to a minimum level of accredited secondary education or equivalent" EY website

My EK interviewer (originaly from Sydney) told me that another candidate was in the same predicament, but she optained a Diploma in Beauty or something that was equivalent to High School & got it!

Oh and I just realised that I had my EK interview only last year December so I have 2 months to go until I can re-apply anway :s

EY interview was last year SEpt or Novemember, I can't remember?? lol

Nevermind... I'm half way through my traineeship at the moment so I might as well finish it... and working for the companie that I do will open up doors for me - no doubt about it! ;)

Little_Red_Hat
11th Nov 2008, 02:42
Hmmm... ok, maybe I got confused, but I have that grey A4 paper from the Eduction Dept it says 'Certificate of Lower High School' I thought this is all they mean when they say 'at least high school standard'... by optional I meant that back when I was in school you could leave after Yr 10... now I believe it's Yr 11 minimum???

Usually too as you say if you can demonstrate some further education this counts instead of Yr 11/12... I have a Diploma in a tourism related course so most employers have told me this is ok as it counts for the 'or equivalent' part...

Good luck!

wannabecc
11th Nov 2008, 16:19
Is anyone going to the Assessment day in Toronto on Nov 24th.
Also has anyone gone to these assessments in the past and made it to say the final interview....are a good set of teeth very important?

natalkaem
12th Nov 2008, 19:50
hello everyone,

i have a real problem to find an application for New Cabin Crew Assessment schedule for 2008 18/03/2008on their webside. there is a link ETIHAD Airways | News (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/news/Description.aspx) and there is no application for it. The only application i could find was the one from the last year for 2007. I'd like to apply for the assessment in london on 28 of November. Does anyone know how can i do it or know any informations about where it will be in london? I need also to know what is the minimum age of candidates cuz i'm only 20.
Thanks for all your help!

vannie
13th Nov 2008, 01:35
natalkaem, have you applied already? you should apply online.. you need to fill-up the etihad application form first.. then the HR will check your resume and they will email you if you're shorlisted.. once your shortlisted, they will email you the invitation for the assessment days.. it includes the time and venue.. they will also email you if they won't consider you for the position..

panchi
15th Nov 2008, 10:22
hi, did u receive any invitation from them? assessment will be on 25 and 26 nov, just a few days from now.

if anybody out there received an invitation for MNL assessment, please keep us informed.

I got an email saying that I'm shortlisted but no invitation yet. Here's the email that I got from them:

Dear Panchi,

Your application reference number is: **********
Applied date: 31/07/2008

Please be advised your application has been shortlisted on 7/11/2008. At this time your application will be forwarded to the appropriate department for further review. If we are able to secure an interview, we will contact you. If the department isn't interested in an interview at this time, you will be notified by email.

The details of the job you have applied are:
Job Code: CC01
Job Title: Cabin Crew
Department: Crew Managemen

By the way, I read on the previous thread about the application status saying "applied" or "under review". Where can I see that? I checked my workspace but I didn't see anything like that.

Thanks.

anl_flyer
19th Nov 2008, 07:03
Hi everyone!

Do you have any idea how I can re-submit an online application for etihad cabin crew vacancy?

I have applied online last year, I think around October and am trying to re-apply now but everytime I will click submit, it just prompts that I already have an existing application. Just worried that I might not be able to take the initial process of submitting my resume just because I was not shortlisted last year.

Help please.........:confused:

Thanks!

Bee11
20th Nov 2008, 09:29
Hi all

Myself and husband are applying for different positions at Etihad. If we are both successful what happens with accomodation. I know they give u an allowance to live externally. Does anyone know if living in staff accom together is possible as its too expensive to live externally!!

panchi
20th Nov 2008, 10:54
hi, i guess u just have to update ur on line application and there's no need to create a new one.

By the way, I just called Etihad HR. Manila assessment on Nov 25-26 is cancelled. There's no definite date when it would be rescheduled.

It's frustrating.....

Nickvan
20th Nov 2008, 15:00
In regards to your marriage status. It is not acknowledge if you are married and being Cabin Crew. I have a few friends who are married & both are Cabincrew and still have to live in seperate accomadations. I know it sounds ridiculous but its just the policy here.

Flight Deck/Cabin Managers are entitled to have spouse living with them, regardless if spouse is employed by EY or not. All depending on your positions you are applying for. By the way Rent in AUH has sky rocketed. Much more expensive then DXB. Theres a shortage of housing in AUH. So youll most probably be stuck in a Hotel for the first few months.

Next year we will also see Istanbul, Larnaca, Athens & also Chicago opening up. Chicago sounds awesome. EY are currently looking to UA for codeshare and feeding traffic via ORD and EY connecting them through to AUH. Also other big plans for 2009. Sources from an insider here at EY. Good times ahead

Bee11
21st Nov 2008, 01:11
Thanks Nickvan

My husband will apply for F&B Manager, i am looking at either Cabin crew or admin based position in headoffice. We keep receiving such conflicting information which doesnt help.

bab114
24th Nov 2008, 09:02
Hi All,

I have just received an email from Etihad after attending the Sydney Open Day on Nov 20th. I was amazed that we found out so fast. The email just stated that they would like to start the recruitment process i.e medicals and security clearance.

I was wondering if anybody knows how long this process could take and how long before they send me an email to tell me to start my medical?

anl_flyer
25th Nov 2008, 06:25
Hi panchi!

thanks for your reply!

Yeah, it's indeed frustating that the assessment was cancelled. I actually just heard of it now. hehe! but don't worry, im sure there will be another announcement about the new schedule. (sad to say, haven't seen one yet). Anyway, let's just keep each other posted and thanks for the info again...

God bless and hope to see you in the future assessments ;)

daniel5791
27th Nov 2008, 03:53
Hi ppl,

Just wondering if Etihad do open days in Brisbane at all, and does anyone have any idea on the type of pay a typical first year cabin crew employee could expect?

Thanks

leecronje
27th Nov 2008, 07:54
Hey all!!!

Wow how is everyone doing?Im so glad to see some new people trying out for Etihad, its going to be an amazing experience whether you make it or not!!
Well my best friend is off to join Etihad tomorrow and starts training on the 30th of Nov. Anyone else joining then??
As for my plans, the good news is im still moving to Abu Dhabi, in a week, but unfortunately not to be a airhostess. Im going to teach :) so once everyone has moved there contact me cause i wanna meet up and hear all your amazing stories!!
And NIKITA well well well done angel!!!!!That is amazing!!!All the best!!

Keep well everyone

Kind regards
Lee

flyoneday
28th Nov 2008, 04:25
hey,thats even a better chance to join your brest pal in etihad. kip up the spirit!

~
flyoneday :ok:

Ajosser
5th Dec 2008, 14:58
Does anybody know phone number of Cabin Crew department in Abu-Dhabi? :ugh: I applied more than month ago, meet their requirements and was shortlisted. Unfortunately, cannot figure out any information about location of assessment appointment in the city where it supposed to be on December 16th (Helsinki). Anybody has experience whether Etihad people must send you invitation first or you should hire FBI :D to find Etihad secret base and surprise them with "Here I am, guys!" :}

Thank you all for any help, advise or concern

Hope that dreams to be airborne will be fulfilled before we die :O, waiting in line for any message from Cabin Crew department' Gods :D

dy1ng_to_fly
8th Dec 2008, 05:33
Thank you to everyone who PM'd me good luck messages for my assessment day with Etihad, BUT sadly I had to miss it coz I was REALLY sick at the time!!

I'm so upset!! Especially as I went to my 2nd EK open day yesterday & had no luck!! :{

I emailed EY HR, so hopefully I get another chance in the future!!

Kolarevich
10th Dec 2008, 12:05
Hi. Can someone tell me how to apply for etihad? where can i find aplication, or first i need to find job (if there is any now) and apply for it so that i can fill out aplication?
Emirates aplication sistem is much simple. So, anyone can tell me how to start with signing in?

agungOMA
11th Dec 2008, 01:57
Hi there..

To apply online and also to look for any vacant positions at Etihad/EY, you could simply find it in their website www.etihadairways.com (http://www.etihadairways.com)

Once u already at their career page, u have to make personal account first then u could make ur application, after u complete it just send it..If u would like to update ur CV u could do it by logg in to ur personal account on this website..

But don't worry, for cabin crew position they always look for the new ones whuehehehe..so let's pray together so all of us here could be onboard as cabin crew A S A P :D

Take care and good luck...AgungOMA

anl_flyer
11th Dec 2008, 06:50
Does anyone here know when is the new schedule for the open day recruitment in Manila, Philippines?

Kolarevich
11th Dec 2008, 13:02
Thank you very much Agung. I will try now. I had few days ago open day for Emirates and i manage almost till end but i failed on last 4th screening but i think i was very near, but no worries, i dont quit just easely and i was surprised when other candidates told me that i am born for that job and that i shouldn't quit. So, now i am looking for Etihad, at least i can try and in same time preparing for Emirates.
Can you tell me also have you already been on some open day so far and how is it looks?

agungOMA
12th Dec 2008, 00:57
Hi Kolarevich

I've been trying since 2005 whuehehehe..i went to Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, n Cathay Pacific open day and/or recruitment..In general i attent (almost) 6 times whuehehe..

Most of the times, i reached the 3rd stage (group discussion)..and based on my opinion, the recruitment process are almost the same from one to another..they focused on your personality, team work and etc..

As u see i'm still trying whuehehe, even now i'm already 32 years old, quite old haa whuehehe..So good luck for all of us ..Btw if u like u can PM me or we could change email adress, FaceBook or other :)..AgungOMA

Kolarevich
12th Dec 2008, 02:06
Hey... so you've been busy a lot... :) ok, Alessandro Ambrosio is my name on facebook, you will see picture where i am laying on the bed, black hair, you will think i am an model like most people but i am not, i just do that photos for music that i make which why i am in the first place on facebook. So add me and we continue talking, i have a lot of questions. If you will have problems with finding me (and i am positive you will not have :)) then just message me here.
Btw... what is your name there so that i know when you add me?

Kolarevich
13th Dec 2008, 05:08
Btw... i red somewhere that they are also checking math test?? Is that true and if it is when can i expect that math test? I hope not after i done all interviews and medicals. I forgat a lot after high school and if i will be going for pilot then i will try to remember hehe. But if its true then i will have time to reconfirm everything :}

agungOMA
13th Dec 2008, 09:16
Hi there..

I send u a Private Message, kindly check :)

Regarding the math test, based on my experience and information that i have..nope..there is no a math test :D

All the best...AgungOMA

Jihane86
13th Dec 2008, 09:17
Hi Guys,

to all who made it to join us, welcome to the Etihad Airways Family!!! im sure you will have a good time! Of course there is a lot to study but it is sooo amazing to be put in a group of poeple coming from all over the world! The fisrt week is an induction week where u will do some group excercises to learn more about your colleagues, the departments will visit you to introduce themselves and you will have a cultural tour in AbuDhabi! Your medical examination will be also done and on the same day you visit the unifrom store to be measured for your ETIHAD AIRWAYS unifrom.

Since I joined i have not regreted it 1 second! Its like being all the time on vacation and Etihad isa very good airline and a employer who looks after you! As long as you do a good job (as all normal poeple would do) you will never get in trouble!

After you finish your 7 weeks of training (3 weeks SEP, 1 week Aviation Health and 2 weeks Service) you will have access to your roster and you can check which supi flights you will have! One is a long haul destination with a layover and the other one is a turnaround flight! On these flights you are only supposed to observe the safety aspects and the cabin manager will go wth you through some safety equipments, etc. After that you get your flying licence and you are ready for your first operating flight, hehehehe! It is lots of fun and we have great layovers! Some of them are long! i think in the middle east Etihad Airways is the only Airline that gives you for example 6 days layover in Milan!

If you are american or canadian you can fly immediately to the US. If not you have to wait for at least 6 months as the american government requires Crew Visas and it doent matter if u are from Australia or Europe or whatever!

If some of you guys need any help please let me know! Im here to help you as I was in the same situation few months ago!

good good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I need to prepare myself for my Frankfurt flight tonight!

Bye!

tiluchi10
13th Dec 2008, 15:49
JIHANE 86
Congratulations, you are enjoying your time with EY.
I tell you my situation...i applied on line about 1 month, but i did not receive any response yet, my status still appied, and i would like to attend the interview in Miami om next February, but, can i attend it even without any invitation??? i mean, what about if i am not invited until that date??, as i know is only invited people can attend it, is that true or i can risk going to Miami-USA?? what do you think? or how can i do to know if i am selected or not for the interview, i will apreciate any suggestion,thanks in advance!!!! take care and still enjoying your trips.

Ajosser
13th Dec 2008, 18:39
OMG! I'm so happy to read successful stories of people who made it through! My congratulations to all!!! I draw in my mind all pictures of events that you described in your post and it helps to find me sources of motivation for further fight :} even being disoriented since no feedback from Etihad recruitment team. I was shortlisted and my possible (nearest) assessment is gonna be in Helsinki on December 16th. OMG for me now... I'm so desperate because time is running out... Hope this job will be the Dream Job for you! Good luck!

Kolarevich
14th Dec 2008, 13:17
Thanks Agung... nice to meet you. Well, i just want to start work soon as flight attendant. It is opportunity for me to see the world, to meet a lot of new people, also to be often with my girl from Moscow, or at least to go there 2 times per month, or whenever i am free for few days.
So, when i done my aplication for etihad, i just need to wait or?
Or there are open days so i can go on my own just like in Emirates.
For Emirates i have to wait now 6 months.

cotita
14th Dec 2008, 17:18
The schedule for January and February has been posted on the website.
Check it out and good luck to those invited!

sophieschmit
15th Dec 2008, 11:34
I have past the final interview, received the good mail, but still no anwer, and my referees are not contacted. Bad sign?? I did the assesment day the 15 november.
I'm really super stressed.

:rolleyes:

Aamyee
16th Dec 2008, 11:42
I had my interview yesterday in Manchester and got to the final interview. I felt it went well but I am not pinning my hopes on being offered a job as they did not make a second cut after the final group excercise and they interviewed 16 people! Has anyone known of so many people being interviewed before?

lucylu
16th Dec 2008, 18:32
Hi
I was there in manchester yesterday too!! how did your final interview go?
I really hope we get it!!!:)

Keep me updated xxxx

sunny501
16th Dec 2008, 18:42
Dear EY Crew members or My new Joiners,

I am currently working for BA, I am hired by both Emirates and Etihad and now I m very confused. Please help me pick the right airline for me.

Can someone please tell me how much can you make in Etihad monthly including everything?
Also, If someone can tell me how much can you make in Emirates?

I read the EY vs EK but still little confused. Please Please help me I would really appreciate it.

Since I support my whole family in US, so I would like to know if I would still be able to do that once I start my employment with EY or EK.

Thanks so much in advance
Sunny

panchi
17th Dec 2008, 13:59
hi, i just checked the website of EY. They already posted assessment days until Feb 2009 but still no Manila...

panchi
17th Dec 2008, 14:11
where can i see the status of my application? mine doesn't say anything like "applied" or "under review" just like most of you were talking about.

thanks!

Aamyee
17th Dec 2008, 15:12
Lucy? Are you the girl who used to work for Emirates?
I thought my final interview went well, it was just over very fast and that worries me a little bit! I have my fingers crossed for everyone. Everyone there with us at the end was so nice and I thought everyone deserved to get the job...I was so pleased when they said they wasnt going to cut any of us after the presentation and bunker part.xx

sophieschmit
17th Dec 2008, 17:23
Nobody????????? Please?????

K8tilou
17th Dec 2008, 19:28
Hey Aimee,

I was at the Manchester day with you - did u get back home ok?? I was the one discussing blackberries with you!! lol!!

havwe u heard anything?? I had an email today saying they procesing my application further! I just got to send over service letter from my previous airline! That was quick, considering we only had interview on 15th!!

Let me know if you hear anything - my fingers are crossed for you honey!! xxx

Aamyee
18th Dec 2008, 10:44
Hey. I haven't heard anything :-(
Hayley also heard this morning they are processing her application further! I get the feeling it's a no for me!

Sinem
18th Dec 2008, 15:52
HI sophie,

I also received the happy 2 inform you mail. And I've received a mail on tuesday saying that my security clearances are already aproved and that they will call me later that day to do a job offer, but still no phonecall :-(
. I also was in Brussels on the 15th!!!

lucylu
19th Dec 2008, 11:00
hi

hi aimme no i was the girl sat at the front lol.....

ive still had no email!! ahhhhhh... i sent my work exp letter and they said thanks and that they sent it on to hr to process but not had a happy to inform email.. so am not lookin to hope full!!!

i really hope we hear good news soon!!!!!!!!

Aamyee
19th Dec 2008, 12:55
I haven't had anything either! Best of luck to you and keep me updated.x

lucylu
19th Dec 2008, 15:03
im sure you will..
which girl were you ? i didnt get any one s names on the day!!!
good luck too xxxxxx:):ok:

Aamyee
19th Dec 2008, 15:29
Tall girl with the grey suit/pale blue shirt from London.x

Jihane86
20th Dec 2008, 16:21
Hi Guys,
our interviews are conducted only on inviation! You have to apply and if u are shortlisted they will send u an email asking you if you are able to attend a certain assessment day! If you confirm your attendance they will send you the invitation right after it stating time and venue and all the important grooming standards etc.! If you are not invited and you want to attend the selection process you will be sent home immediately as we have strict selection criteria which you have to meet with ur online application! i know that many people meet the requirements and do not get called but just take the phone and give them a call! The ladies from the recruitment department are very friendly and they will help you!

Just check the new assessments and apply! Wishing you all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

lucylu
20th Dec 2008, 21:48
hi aimie

have u heard anything yet?
i keep checkin my email every ten mins!!!

xxxxxxxx:)

Gloria
22nd Dec 2008, 05:03
Hey all, does anyone know how many training schools Etihad are planning or have confirmed for early 2009. Have heard they are pulling things back a bit due to slowing economy and issues with getting new planes?? Please share comments if anyone knows what there planning is. Merry Xmas.

Marisha
22nd Dec 2008, 09:24
Gloria,
specify what kind of issue with getting planes are you talking about please.

Gloria
22nd Dec 2008, 09:54
Issues, I mean Boeing & Airbus struggling to keep up with demand maybe. All I heard was that deliveries were slowing!!

Marisha
22nd Dec 2008, 12:07
I don't know what are the reason to slow down the deliveries. Maybe it's because of holidays, maybe because of the current market situation, but I still think the best thing you can do is google information, like:
Business finance news - currency market news - online UK currency markets - financial news - Interactive Investor (http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxnews&articleid=7057506&subject=companies&action=article)
Etihad buys 51 Airbus jets for $10b :: MENAFN - Middle East North Africa . Financial Network (http://www.menafn.com/qn_news_story_s.asp?StoryId=1093223917)
That information sounds quite promising.

Anyway I keep my finger crossed for all that are waiting for Etihad's feedback or Golden Call :) :) :)

Ajosser
25th Dec 2008, 15:19
Merry Christmas and Good luck to all Wannabes and Aviation lovers! I wish to all of us reach that enticing place... somewhere airborne. Etihad is wonderful chance so thanks for that.

Is anybody planning to attend assessment day in Tallinn? I expected to go Helsinki first but couldn't get invitation. Are there lucky people having invitation to attend assessment day in Tallinn ? Was it hard to get the invitation? I called EY many times and they asked my application number and seemed were eager to issue. To date, I still have no invitation or denial as well. Anybody can suggest a scheme how to deal with it? Many thanks!

Cluel3ss
26th Dec 2008, 11:41
Good luck to you, Ajosser:ok:

I also applied online and am waiting for an invitation letter. Hoping to attend the Cape Town assessment day 16 Jan:)

Cheers

Ajosser
26th Dec 2008, 12:06
Cluel3ss (http://www.pprune.org/members/287741-cluel3ss)
Thank you for encouragement! It would great to know whether you get invitation and what it says. Sometimes it seems so vague and lack of any feedback from Etihad to clear up details about further steps and your status. However, people at the recruitment department are very friendly indeed even you get nothing from them after call :confused:

flylicious
26th Dec 2008, 20:03
Hi everyone,
I applied online and now waiting for an invitation. Does anyone know how long does it take to receive a reply from EY? the assesment day will be on beginning of february. If I dont receive their reply before the assesment day, should I give them a call and on which number can I contact them.

Sorry for long post. Please inform me, thank lots everyone, I really appreciate any information regarding this

Regards,

Flylicious

:)

Ajosser
27th Dec 2008, 10:59
Hi flylicious (http://www.pprune.org/members/286344-flylicious)
I have same situation now expecting invitation for assessment in end of January. I called Etihad HO and was redirected to the recruitment department to check out application status. It seems they sort you out basing on your current location. In my case, original assessment day was canceled in Moscow. It's no problem for me to travel to other places within Europe so I explained it to people at the recruitment department and told that I'm able to attend assessment day at other place. They are very friendly and eager to to help but still no invitation. I guess they might set some quota on numbers of people for evey location. Still it's good idea to call recruitment department and ask them directly. Who knows maybe your case/application is sitting on their desk in the first row... and waiting for your call to them. Other people from this forum said they got inviation sometimes a day before the intreview. Good luck!

tiluchi10
27th Dec 2008, 15:15
Hi Ajosser, i am in the same situation as you, could you please tell me what number you called, if you want please send a private messaje to explain me how you did it and the phone number, thanks in advance !!!! good luck !!!

flylicious
28th Dec 2008, 04:10
Thank lots for your information, I think I should give them a call . Would you please inform me their phone number or I can find it on their website?How long do you think I should call them after applying online?

I really hope we all have invitations since we want this job so much. I've to fly to other city for this assesment day, but I'm more than happy to go if I have an invi.

Thank lots Ajosser, good luck to you.

Regards,

flylicious

panchi
28th Dec 2008, 10:06
to jihane86, i sent u a private message... happy new year everyone!!! i just hope there would be Manila assesment this coming 2009..... All the best!

tiluchi10
28th Dec 2008, 15:42
Hey Ajosser, thanks very much for your quick and kind response, it is helpful for me, see you soon, lol, good luck !!!

flylicious
28th Dec 2008, 17:28
Hi everyone, I'm confused which document do I have to attach in an online application form after one full length and one passport photos?

Please inform me, thank lots everyone

@ Ajosser: would you please send me a private message about EY contact number, thanks Ajosser :)

Regards,

flylicious

:ok:

sophieschmit
29th Dec 2008, 12:36
Please help me

Is it true that they because of the crisis etihad stopt recruiting for a while??????????????????????????????????????

Is this true????

xxx

Milie
29th Dec 2008, 19:34
Hey guys,

thanks to all of you who have left many precious infos on this forum.

Well, i've passed the interview, and i'm supposed to go to Abu Dhabi in january.

I'm concerned at the moment because i've done this tuberculine skin testing and it appeared that it was very reactive (about 3 cm). Do you know if this test is part of a kind of "medical" selection? because apparently it means that i've been in contact with the tuberculosis at some stage in my lefe. i'm NOT sick or contagious or anything like that, it just means that my body recognised the virus.

Please let me know if you've got some information, i've already sent the results to the medical department and mentionned the result of this test, i'm waiting for them to tell me if it's alright or if i have to take a preventive treatment.

i sent them an email 3 days ago already and i still have no answer from them!! should i call them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Em.

rockerlpz
30th Dec 2008, 02:31
Hi everyone ! it been a while.. , I was in London all this time and couldn't assist to another assesment day in NY, I have a question: was there another assesment day in New York this year? ( besides the one that took place in June?).

There's a chance that I'll probably go back to New York for the assesment days there on february 4th and 5th 2009, but it's not for sure yet.. , I'm not so sure that I'll be able to arrive there before those dates... , in case I'm not able to travel to NY before that dates.. do you think that they'll do another assesment day there in NY later on next year ? ( let's say: .. 4 or 5 months later..? ) does anyone know?.

I'll be looking forward for your answers, I appreciate it !

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

panchi
30th Dec 2008, 07:11
hi there!!! I dont think Etihad stopped recruiting, you can check their career site for the assessment schedule in 2009. They posted the schedule until March of next year. The recruitment process continues... Although they stopped hiring here in Manila, Philippines because there are too much Filipinos working with the company already and they want to balance the mixture of nationalities among the cabin crews... I'm hoping that this coming 2009, they would start again recruiting from MNL. Otherwise, I don't think these big middle east airlines are affected by the crisis. All the best for all of us this coming 2009!!!!

Dubai Bound
30th Dec 2008, 19:39
I am trying toapply online and have filled out everything in the application but the personal details part keeps giving me an error message and they won't respond to my emails.... Anyone else have this problem or have any suggestions on what I should do? I have tried so many times with no success. I am trying to get an invite to the reruitment in nyc feb 4 and 5th and it's oming up soon.... Anyone.....?

rockerlpz
30th Dec 2008, 22:38
Does anyone know? ( about my previous post)

I'd Really appreciate it .

THANK YOU

agungOMA
2nd Jan 2009, 09:49
Hi everyone...

I just checked Etihad website but suprisingly I cannot find their schedule for CC recruitment..Doest it mean they stop the CC recruitment due to global crisis???

The only position i can find on the Crew Management is only : Food n Beverage Manager Onboard, but not Cabin Crew :(.

Pleaseeee..anyone have any information about this??? Txs...

joanofarc
2nd Jan 2009, 10:54
hi!!etihad is still hiring.....but u apparently missed it :( cc applications has an expiry 12312008.....i have applied and i have received the acknowledgement letter but no news since. Im from the philippines and i have a friend who is a cc of etihad ,and she said that for the meantime FILIPINO CC are still on hold because the FILIPINOs are no.1 in terms of the no. of cc's hired! but then...i tried to give it a shot:) just maybe.....

they had started accepting cc applications since November or October i think....and that is where I had made an account for me to apply....

Please don't be disheartened .You should start making an account so that when they will accept applications you will be the first one to pass!!!

just be posted......I hoped I helped you:)

joanofarc
2nd Jan 2009, 13:09
how do u exactly get a crew visa??? would the company assist in doing this??? i am from the philippines and Philippine-issued passports has a restriction...TRAVEL TO IRAQ---- would this be a problem? How long can u get ur crew visa???

Oxaliza_Oxen
2nd Jan 2009, 13:56
Hi, for the crew visa you need just only some country e.g USA

most of the time you will be traveling on Gendec (sorry if it's incorrected spelling) to those country that require visa of travelling but not a crew visa. And if you meant visa to entry AUH-Abu Dhabi as the new joiner. You can either get it as arrival as someone from the company will pick you up at the airport and will take you through the custom regarding of what type of passport you are holding but not to worry they know what to do.

And to travelling to Iraq, not to worry at all, no lay over in Iraq so just the turn around flight so don't have to worry and if they want you to fly over there they (EY) will organise everything ragarding to that.

Oxaliza_Oxen
2nd Jan 2009, 14:04
Hi it's me again..

I think I got what you mean now...correct me if I'm wrong.

You said about Restric travelling to Iraq... do you mean on your passport have the stamp on like that, or that is usually with all the PHL passport??

If only on your passport for what ever reason you have got that..

I would recommend you to get the new passport done. I'm quite sure it has something to do with that but I don't know the reason why they don't want you to have that stamp on your passport. And as I know so far you can fix it by get the new passport that is the solution.

panchi
2nd Jan 2009, 14:24
hi, im from manila too... would you know when etihad would be coming over here to MNL for assessment? As far as I remember, the last time they hired was in 2006... I hope they would start hiring again this 2009.

I agree with agungOMA, even if the cc application has expired already I think the schedule of the assessment days should still be posted in their site. What do you think?

Please keep us posted for more infos...

Cheers!

joanofarc
2nd Jan 2009, 22:10
about the passport thing.... i think all Philippine issued passport has an existing restriction of travelling to iraq because there are many fatalities in terms of filipino workers living in iraq and they don't want to imperil the life of the Filipino people by going there....thanks for ur advice...really appreciated it....

TO FELLOW FILIPINA PANCHI: got ur message:cool:....yah...i have a friend who is connected to etihad and she said that as of now, on freeze muna cla in hiring FILIPINOS because in terms of nationalities, FILIPINOS are no.1 in terms of cabin crew employees...but she encouraged me to apply online because they have ordered pa daw new aircrafts so im just trying out my luck!!! hehehe....u knw naman mga pinoy...suntok sa buwan as they might say...

hey enjoying this forum thing nice to read feedbacks!!! thank you...

joanofarc
2nd Jan 2009, 22:15
Halu!!! i also don't have a valid US visa? but im trying to apply because US now is in a recession so they need tourist to boost up their economic system:ok:

Oxaliza_Oxen
2nd Jan 2009, 23:57
Hi there, if you don't have a visa to go to USA, DO NOT apply one..

I can't tell you in more detail regarding to that because information I have got at my work, I'm kinda know that at the moment US immigration has changed some of the visa policy.

And from my expereince with EK interview they ask you this question whether you are applying the visa to US, and combine with what I know regagind US immigration. I would give you a BIG warning not to try to apply one at the moment. Leave your new passport clean as it is, and if you already have one on you old passport, I wouldn't let them know.

What I know is when you become a cabin crew, you might not even have a flight to go to US for whole year regarding to some US rules what so ever, but you still can fly to Rome, Paris so do not let just one stupid country system ruins your chance. The new passport would be the good idea if you have got all of those you mention earlier ie. Restict for travelling to Iraq, or Visa to US.

And sorry I couldn't tell you about US immigration thing, not because I don't want to but because it's so many things have changed regarding to that. I can ensure you a bit more..I'm working for the airline atm and I look after those international flight so basicly I have to know all the update things regarding to visa for travelling, but to do so at work..our systems will pick it up the visa details autometicly so if I just put your passport number and nationality in the systems and the destination that you are travelling to, I can see straight away whether you are required to apply a visa for travelling to that particular country.

And the lastest info. we got from US immigration is lots...they are getting bit...:8

Kolarevich
2nd Jan 2009, 23:59
Hi. This is the reason why i want to work in Etihad, Emirates or companies like those, to manage to go again on this island where i was this summer, Maldive Islands, or any other, and to meet new friends. I present you Giravaru resort... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zo-fc8S53k (copy whole link and not just the blue one or it ain't gonna work video)
Enjoy all...:)
So, one question? After i fill the aplication... do they call, or mostly not? or emails... i mean do i need to wait any note from them or i need to do something? Thank you ;))

agungOMA
3rd Jan 2009, 00:20
Hi there..

JoanOfArc..I did not miss it, i already made my account on EY website and i already received confirmation from their side that they have received my application..so i guess what i have to do now, just waiting for their email invitation??? Argghhhh...that's killing mee whuehehehe, i prefer to come to their recruitment..that's why i checked their website to find out their schedule..if any chance they stop in Indonesia..

Panchi..thanks for supporting me :) , i think we really need to have an update on the recruitment schedule so we can be ready when it calls .

Oxalina Oxen..i assumed u're the one of CC at EY..congratsss..we all wanna be like u soon..anyway i heard from several Indonesian friends who works at EY there are only 2 Indonesian male work as CC at EY..Any info whether they have any plan to add the Indonesian male CC??

Thanks for all information friends...

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 00:20
hi there, because EY doesn't have the open day like EK-Emirates so you wouldn't know where exactly they will have the interview.

Yes, you do need to apply on line and need to get their response back coz they will send you the detail when is the assessment venue will be and where, regarding to where you prefer to have the interview in that particular country you choose when you apply on line.;)

It might take you weeks or months, but my one they responsed back to me that I'm in the shortlist within 4-5 hrs then 5-10mins later they email me back to tell me that I got invited to come for the interview. They sent me all the details of what I need to bring on the day as well, for sure 3 colour copied of your passport, passport photos white background x 2 but you will get more than that from the photos shop or the studio anyway, what else...full length photo x 1.

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 00:40
Hi there, for Male cabin crew.. sorry not to sure about the number of the male crew, but I have seen a number of male crew as a F&B onborad manager. well, thank you for the compliment, the fact is I was working with the middle east airline and now I'm working with another airline but not EY, but I know about EY cos I got invited for the interview and I decided not to go ahead with the interview but I have a chance to speak with the recruiter so I might do it again later on this year, atm I'm in the final for EK and still waitng for the golden call. I'm currently working with one of the national airline and responsible to all the passengers regarding to visa for travelling and passport thing. It's a benefit of both with my airlines working experiences coz at least those DXB,
AUH, SYD, MEL, MAA, BLR...I still use it everyday and that what you will have to learn and it's part of the training as well. I hope I could help with anything I can within my knowledge and expereinces. :p:O

joanofarc
3rd Jan 2009, 01:09
hahaha...no wonder...u have an answer to my passport and visa questions!!! yahoo....i haven't attended any assesment or od yet....i hope they will go in the philippines...

rockerlpz
3rd Jan 2009, 01:15
Hi everyone, I have a question: I assisted to last year's assesment day in New York in June, but didn't get picked, considering Etihad is doing only assesment days, ( and not open days...) do you think that if I apply again I would get an invitation for a second time as well?.

I was thinking to travel to NY for the future assesment day there on february 4th and 5th, ( but it's not for sure yet..), and I remember last year I got the invitation only one week before the assesment day... , so... I don't know what should I do.. , if I travel there earlier or not... ? , I mean if it would be worth it.. ?

Does anyone know if someone who asists to an assesment day, and doesn't get chosen, and then applies again next year, could this person get an invitation for another assesment day for the second time?

I would Really Really be Grateful if you could Please give any kind of information about it, I'll be really looking forward for your answers.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 01:20
And the lastest info. we got from US immigration is lots...they are getting bit...:8 If you have US visa on your old passport, get the new clean one, and with the interview if they asked you "Are you applying visa to US?" Say "No" with the nice natural smile ha ha

After you get in this EY, EK or airlines in Middle East.. you will see it's not much to worry. You would probably don't want to fly to Iraq 4 sectors a day and you will be surprised when you end up got the roster to go to Iraq every month on your PHL passport.:E I'm not Kidding!!

joanofarc
3rd Jan 2009, 01:27
You are such a great help!!! u cleared my mind regarding those issues!!! :ok: I hope u can go back with ur application to EY ;)

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 02:02
Hi, Thanks joanofrac..
Plz pray for me to get a golden call from Emirates..
I like to live in DXB-Dubai, but I have heaps of friend working for EY at the moment and one of them is a Female pilot-first officer for A320 as well, my very good friend is working only on J and F class only. EY have a good credit of the fast growing airline of the year (of the middle east) at the moment they order about 200 ACs and for sure they need more CC, but don't be too worry about why it seems to be very slow.

EY is a young airline and I know how James Hogan work coz I worked with him before (My former Chief Executive) and those recruiter is still quiet young in thier experiences with EY themselves because EY have been established not very long, I think either 4 or 6 years, but I have to give them the credit that they are good enough to be a recruiter which is different from EK they are really much in Experiences. So HR team is possible all new people as well, They might not have enough HR staffs to finalise the files as well. But everything will be ok.

Well, help me pray for EK and I will drive to AUH to say hi, if you have any question let me know, my friend cabin crew will fly in to SYD tomorrow night from AUH and have 48 hrs layover in SYD. So I can ask her for those possible question she could give me the answer. Hehehe If you got the job with EY you will be stay in Four Season hotel next to Sydney Harbour bridge in SYD.. It's a good job if you like to travelling and see the world but mindful of some job that you don't want to do ie. clean up....urmm..m you know what I meant. ha ha

panchi
3rd Jan 2009, 02:56
so, how's that gonna be? after applying online, the applicants will receive invitation from Etihad for the assessment? is it also like EK assessments, like 600 to 800 applicants will attend and they would roughly hire 12 or 16?

let's all hope that this 2009, EY would hire more FAs...

Oxaliza_Oxen
3rd Jan 2009, 03:05
mine was less 3o sth ppl at the assessment day, EY already screen ppl from the application form before they invite you. EK is the same where that country require you to make appointment, if you carefully have a look on Emirates website you will see the Global Assessment day and open day. Open day you can either walking in or make appointment first, but for Global assessment day you must have a confirmaiton from Emirates first. Where the open day is held, if you register and got confirmation it doesn't mean you will get more chance to get a job, but you can get the good feeling that you catched their eyes and they are interested to see you. (Good sign)

elizabethbennet
3rd Jan 2009, 09:14
hey hey,
i applied online to attend the EY assessment in cape town on the
16th of january,
but the only position i could find was "crew management",
i thought i had better apply for that because there were no other options,
did i do the wrong thing?

i have already missed the ek assessment day because i never got an invitation,
and i'm really concerned about missing this opportunity because apart from qatar, airlines do not hold open days in south africa.

joanofarc
3rd Jan 2009, 11:29
...wow....i hope u can make it because ur so knowledgeable about travel......i will pray for you and all of us here that are desperately waiting for our dreams to come true.... everything is possible with god...just believe in yourself!!!!

I am also looking forward for ods of etihad and emirates....so far, i haven't attended one because i have to travel to the capital city of manila....they send u an invitation 2-3 days before assessment so there is no time i can catch a flight....I got an invitation through mail recently first from emirates then from qatar airways but all airlines here are fully booked. missed chances!!!!!

Ajosser
5th Jan 2009, 08:20
Is it really true that Etihad has stopped hiring? :eek: Is there any information it might be new assessment schedule and tons of further opportunities?

Lesleigh
5th Jan 2009, 10:47
Hi everyone,
my name is Lesleigh from Cape Town, South Africa. I found a job advetisement on the CT Gumtree website. I called the number which put me in contact wit Hospitalio. They were very helpful, Rochelle told me that they would be interviewing in Cape Town at the end of January.
Is anyone else applying from here? I'd love to get in contact and swap notes.:ok:

funyans
5th Jan 2009, 10:55
you should check out "www.cabincrew.com" Etihad should be doing assasment days through to the end of february in many places of the world.
Good luck every body!!! peace and love!!

Lesleigh
5th Jan 2009, 10:58
Thanks a mil! Will do!:p

Nickvan
5th Jan 2009, 15:26
Hey guys...

Not to worry we havent stopped recruiting. The Scheduled is just being reshuffled around. Should be back up soon.
We are expecting approx 12 new aircraft this year with new routes starting up MEL, LOS, ABJ, IST, ATH, LCA just to name a few. Rumours of Chicago & Washington in the US...so lets wait and see :bored:

As of 1st July we are introducing Cabin Seniors..something EK/QR & GF already have...these Seniors will be working in Coral Economy incharge of Y Class & Will also be deputy Cabin Manager on the flight behind the purser. Whereas the F & B will only be incharge of looking after the premium cabins.

With this US crew Visa.....it is hard to obtain one if you already have an existing application pending or something like that eg (Tourist Visa) . You will be rejected a crew visa. Usually you have to be working as crew for min 06-12 months before you are eligible for a US Crew Visa.

Ajosser
5th Jan 2009, 18:35
Hickvan, thanks for your post!!!

This information from you is highly appreciated and it's such big relief now helping us to keep on going. Many thanks for spending your time and bringing big hope to all wannabes of Etihad. You seem like very acknowledgeable about fresh news and upcoming updates, so you probably working for EY already? Do you know why it's so difficult to catch someone from the recruitment department and why their phone lines act some strange sometimes? Maybe they don't expect people call them asking about personal case. But what is other way to get on their attention?

flylicious
5th Jan 2009, 19:47
I'm waiting patiently for an invitation, oh well, I think I should pray :), does anyone here get an invitation for 2009 recruitment? :confused:

God, help us please :)

rockerlpz
5th Jan 2009, 21:07
DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS??? ... PLEASE... :

" Hi everyone, I have a question: I assisted to last year's assesment day in New York in June, but didn't get picked, considering Etihad is doing only assesment days, ( and not open days...) do you think that if I apply again I would get an invitation for a second time as well?.

I was thinking to travel to NY for the future assesment day there on february 4th and 5th, ( but it's not for sure yet..), and I remember last year I got the invitation only one week before the assesment day... , so... I don't know what should I do.. , if I travel there earlier or not... ? , I mean if it would be worth it.. ?

Does anyone know if someone who asists to an assesment day, and doesn't get chosen, and then applies again next year, could this person get an invitation for another assesment day for the second time?
I would Really Really be Grateful if you could Please give any kind of information about it, I'll be really looking forward for your answers.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH "

YOUR ANSWERS WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

panchi
6th Jan 2009, 02:14
is F & B manager also a cbin crew?!?:rolleyes:

serdarusa
6th Jan 2009, 06:31
Would anyone be so kind as let me know the average salary of Security? Fraud Detection officer...Security Manager?

Dubai Bound
6th Jan 2009, 08:49
applied on the 30th for the open day and got sent this today:
Subject:

Not Shortlisted Notification

Dear Steve Barn,

Your application reference number is: EY/08/12/11089

Applied date: [APPLICATION_DATE]
Thank you for your interest in Etihad Airways. Unfortunately, we will not be pursuing your application for Cabin Crew at this time. However, should you be interested in other positions within Etihad Airways, kindly return to the careers website and reapply for any position that you believe to be a good fit for your skills and experience.Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.The details of the job you have applied are:
Job Code: CC01
Job Title: Cabin Crew
Department: Crew Management
Am in my 7th week after an EK final interview waiting to hear something

panchi
6th Jan 2009, 09:17
hi dubai bound, im sorry about the "EY not shortlisted email". But u still got EK!!!!! Wish you all the best.

I wonder how they assess the on-line applications... Would it be your job experiences?? Your essay?? Your picture?? Your luck??

made_in_ukraine
6th Jan 2009, 10:58
Hey Dubai Bound,

Sorry to hear about the email. For me, it is also a wonder on what they base their preselection. I lodged my online application in the middle of December, and as of today, I have not heard anything from them.

Where are you based? And was there supposed to be an assessment day in the country/city you are in sometime in January?

Nickvan
6th Jan 2009, 20:30
Ajosser - Welcome to the Middle East. Its quite diffulcult to get a hold of HR. The current headoffice is overcapacity & busy all the time and in transition to moving into the new HQ. So keep on trying.

Panchi - F & B is the Food & Beverage Manager. They go through the same training as Cabin Crew nothing is different, apart from their Uniform and their role onboard. As to give the guests a Fine Dining Experience.

panchi
7th Jan 2009, 01:23
oh i see, thanks for that... and i sent u PM.

Dubai Bound
7th Jan 2009, 03:49
Thanks for the good wishes.. Not sure why i didn't get selected but I am praying Emirates hires me and soon.

I am based in Maryland in the US but Etihad is doing an open assessment on feb 4th and 5th in NY which that my application was denied for. Although I did apply on the last day before it closed for accepting applications on Dec 31st.
I also applied to the onboard food and beverage manager position and have not heard anything about that yet. I was a catering manager for 4 years and in the restaurant business for many years so hoping they will invite me for an interview for that position even though am not sure when they would hold interviews for that position

sunnysky
7th Jan 2009, 08:45
Hi all!!

On Sunday they send met my email for shortlisted and on monday got my invitation for assessment day in Cape Town!!!

Good luck to all!!!

panchi
7th Jan 2009, 09:33
may i ak how did u know that they will be in your place on february? they removed the schedule in the website though...

thanks!

panchi
7th Jan 2009, 13:16
its back!!!! check the website, but still no Manila until March 2009...

panchi
7th Jan 2009, 14:03
when did you apply online?

flylicious
7th Jan 2009, 18:57
May I ask how long does it take for them to send you an email of a shorlisted notice after you did your application? I'm now waiting for that. Please inform me, thank lots sunnysky :)

Regards,

flylicious

sunnysky
8th Jan 2009, 12:09
I applied in October, and never heard from them, till Sunday. They will inform you only in the month that they recruit in your country. I went to an open day with Qatar airways, but need to get an invitation for Etihad. The assessment day is not so difficult but very stressful. Got to the finale interview but the HR reject me after 2 weeks. Qatar is very strict!!

Good luck

Lesleigh
8th Jan 2009, 15:32
I just got an invitation from Etihad to attend their assessment day in Cape Town on the 14th of January. So excited!!
Sunnysky, is this the one that you'll be attending?

sunnysky
8th Jan 2009, 16:05
yes the 14th. See you there!!!

flylicious
9th Jan 2009, 03:44
Thanks for the information sunnysky, the assesment day in Canada gonna be on beginning of Feb, hope I get it and have time to arrange my air ticket.

Good luck on the assesment day sunnysky, inform us how it's gone :ok: thanks :)

Regards,

flylicious

made_in_ukraine
9th Jan 2009, 04:00
Thanks for the info! And congratulations on being selected by EK! I hope you will enjoy working for them and will keep us posted about your experience with them!
Well done!

elizabethbennet
9th Jan 2009, 08:11
I will also be attending the assessment day in CT on the 14th,
I am so scared because although I know I would make a great flight attendant,
it seems they often overlook/cut some great people.

yikes!!

are you feeling prepared?

Dubai Bound
9th Jan 2009, 22:07
Hey thanks so much!! I am so excited that I finally was selected for emirates after waiting 8 weeks to hear from them. I truly am Dubai Bound now! My DOJ is March 6th so I am now on the med paperwork part and ready to have to spend lots of money. Keep me posted on everything with Etihad and good luck with everything and in your future endeavors.

Everyone else waiting, good luck and remember to always think positive in everything you do. I hope to hear great news from all of you in the near future. Good Luck and godspeed!!

joanofarc
9th Jan 2009, 23:00
what is the difference between an assessment day and open day???
which one is better to attend to???

panchi
10th Jan 2009, 07:31
assessment day is thru invitation and during open day anyone could attend and walk in.

nightwish
10th Jan 2009, 17:46
Does anybody know when the next Etihad open/assessment day is going to take place in Budapest?;)

lucylu
11th Jan 2009, 00:08
Hi

any one on the 15 th of december manchester etihad recruitment day heard any more from them??

I think because of christmas and new year it will take a little longer..

keep me update.. happy neew year for 2009 let s hope we will all be fllying x x x x x:p

K8tilou
11th Jan 2009, 17:18
Hey, I was at the Manchester day, I spoke to recruitment last week they said they are re doing the new starter paperwork so it is with solicitors and once they get it back we should get contracts - he said approx 1-2 weeks!! Also said that it would probably be Feb/March starting! I asked if the positions were on hold, he said no they are still recruiting so we should hear something soon!! lets hope so - cus I am sick of this cold weather!!!!! I am hoping for new year new job new country!! lol:ok:

Lets hope its not too much longer before we hear someting!! xx

airchase
11th Jan 2009, 23:14
Anyone here from Assessment day in Sydney on 20 November? I got the call and contract last week - signed and returned! Very excited!

Joining on 1st Feb, day after my birthday! Anyone else joining then?

Cheers.
Cc

sophieschmit
12th Jan 2009, 19:17
It was very looooooooooooooooong waiting but (assessmentday 15th nov), today received the golden telephone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I leave the 6th of Feb, and I start 8 Feb, I'm soooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ok::ok::ok::):):):):):):ok::ok::ok:

AmesB_adelaide
12th Jan 2009, 19:35
Yes, I got the call this week, Im up in two weeks!!!

airchase
12th Jan 2009, 21:56
Hey AmesB, i sent you a PM... let me know when you are heading over to Abu Dhabi, will be good if we're in the same ground school.
Cc

EX_EK25
13th Jan 2009, 02:39
congratulations. wondering can you advise what the training college is like?

lucylu
13th Jan 2009, 07:43
hey there
thats really cool to know.. i just recieved an email today to say some one called ryan should be in touch about the next stages.. i tried to call him direct no. but no response.. they must be really busy
yeh tell me about the cold weather... shocking!! any way are u on face book? so we can keep in touch we may end up on the same training course??

1 -2 weeks isnt long but it takes forever when ur waiting for some it!! hehehehe

thanks for lettin me know that info about the new starters!! much appreciated love lu xxxxxxxx:p:O

K8tilou
13th Jan 2009, 12:43
Hey hon,

I have PM you with my details so you can get in touch!! Let me know if you hear anymore - I havent had any more emails or anything!! Fingers crossed it wont be long!! x

Hope2Fly
13th Jan 2009, 23:41
hey guys, im new to this and am very interested in flying. Anyhow i'm from Canada, and wondering if anyone knows if Etihad Airways is recruiting in Canada lately? any help or info would be great appericated. Also what is the height requirement for Etihad? I applied for Emirates, but apparently 5"3 is to short....but i did the 212cm test and i can reach it on tiptoes!!! So for those that got accepted..were any of you 5"3 or anything?

Thanks. Cheers.

lucylu
14th Jan 2009, 00:42
hey

those who have got great news big well done.. amazin way to start the year.. the ppl startin in feb have etihad advised u to get medicals done before u go.. its just when i read all the past posts ppl say how that has to be done etc.. or are u gettin them done there?

good luck lucy x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

airchase
14th Jan 2009, 03:06
Hi there...

I only received the call and contract on friday of last week. They wanted me there ASAP, with my earliest convenience being the 1st feb (due to having to give current employer sufficient notice). I explained that this then doesn't leave me time to carry out the medicals. They then said I can get them done there, which I accepted.

But be aware that everything must be passed or they will send you home as this is a major part of what the visa is dependent upon.

I've looked over the medical requirements 100 times and am totally confident to pass so if you, or anyone else, choose to do this and you aren't 100% comfortable with something - see your Doctor/Dentist/Optometrist before you leave for advice.

Hope this helps...
Cheers
Cc :cool:

Rachelr
14th Jan 2009, 03:32
hi guys, i am waiting for security clearance's done. it has been more than a month.
I called them and they told me to wait..
how long have you guys been waiting for that?:sad:

lucylu
14th Jan 2009, 07:27
thanks air chase..
so it s prob best to go see the doctor? and they can do some blood tests here... i suppose got to be on the safe side
im not going to the 25th of march well exciting now!!!
your going 1st feb thats so soon!!!

thanks for your advice and i hope to see u there x x x x

Unistus
14th Jan 2009, 14:00
Hello guys!

I'm very new in this forum... Soo... I'm just interested is it very hard to get to Etihad airways. Yesterday I applied for the cabin crew position and they invited me to the interview in Vilnius, Lithuania (Europe). May I ask to those who already had interview. What kind of questions are asked and so on... Is it possible for the guy to get this position?

Thanks!

cotita
14th Jan 2009, 17:48
I recommend you to read the whole forum. There's valuable info there...and almost everything you need to know.
Good luck!

bprada
14th Jan 2009, 19:02
Dear all, anybody had any idea on Ethihad airline crew age restriction pls?...I read the min age is 21.. how abt any restriction/or cap on age ?..

Still single, at the age of 32yrs old..but seriously appearance looks much younger and attractive aha, any chance for me get back join crew induz again??
Btw, i had been a flight attendant for a reknown airline for 5yrs, thereafter stop flying for about 9yrs however working management level in service industry. Currently very much wish to join a mid east airline esp Ethihad or emirates. Now age is my only concerned..:rolleyes:
Kindly help, any advise pls?

Many thanks!.

EX_EK25
14th Jan 2009, 20:03
Hey all CCW's for EY..jst wanted to ask how long has it taken for the guys to be notified of employment with EY? How long after the interview did they get back to you? I had my interview here in AKL, New Zealand, got all the way through. There were just a couple of documents that needed to be sent which was done this week. Thanks for your time.

K8tilou
14th Jan 2009, 21:13
Hey there I had my interview on 15 Dec, got email on 17 to say they continue with application, and got the call today I start on 15th feb, so exactly 2 months after my initial interview!! But it all depends I guess!! Some people have been quicker some longer!! its a waiting game but be patient, it will happen!!!!

EX_EK25
14th Jan 2009, 23:15
2 months, so i am guessing you are doing your medical/dental/police checks in ENG before you head off? By the way CONGRATULATIONS! :ok:

February is not too far its the middle of Jan already...time does fly!

From the posted threads, looks like training college is hard but good fun!!

ashlea
15th Jan 2009, 11:15
Hi there.. there are crew in Etihad in their 30s, one of the girls in my training batch (last year) was 32 when she joined. I also flew with a woman in her early 40s! It won't be a problem. And -- as you have previous experience after 6 months you can apply for the Cabin Manager position.I'm sure it's the same situation for Emirates.

Good luck!

Yvette8610
15th Jan 2009, 17:01
Hi everybody,

I am a new member here and I would like to ask you a question related to the online application form, which allows you to submit your application only if you have filled out the section "previous employer" or something like that. What happens if I don't have a previous/last employer? :sad: I graduated last year..

Your help would be highly appreciated!:)

Thank you

bprada
15th Jan 2009, 20:33
OH!..Many thanks Ashlea..!:)
U had helped ans my query on ethihad age restriction in crew recruitment.
M used to be a crew for 5yrs, but left the industry in 1999 to help out in a family retail biz. All this while missed flying very much.. through conversation with customers colleague suppliers etc aha...
Now happened the biz is put up for sale for good, i am free and very much wish to get back as a flight attendant again, but i prefer the join a mid east airline, attracted by the better remuneration pkgs and get to stay in the exotic mideast. Somehow have a penchant for middle east sector since flying days, the spice. the places of interest etc. Very missed indeed.
My only concerned is my age, currently at age 32.
Btw, may i ask which country are you from? SIN? :)
Hear.. cheers

bprada
15th Jan 2009, 20:41
Thanks Cotita,
Yea had foundt the ans from ashlea. Words of heartfelt thanks , ladies!
Cheers!..:)

EX_EK25
15th Jan 2009, 21:20
hi, are you able to type in new graduate and fill out the necessary information in regards to the address of where you were studying etc? at least the system will know you have filled it in.

give that a go :)

Yvette8610
15th Jan 2009, 22:06
Thank you for your suggestion! I will try in this way..

There is a section "Additional information"..I think I should explain this matter there, as well..

Do you think it might be considered as a disadvantage?:sad:

EX_EK25
15th Jan 2009, 22:14
Honestly, it may be a disadvantage as they are looking for those with at least 2 years front line customer service experience. Don't let this be a hinderance to forwarding your application. In the additional section explain your situation. I have also read on this forum that some have got in without any experience. Give it a go! :)

EX_EK25
16th Jan 2009, 09:58
Hi..i am guessing you have already checked the etihad website for the next assessment dates.

yuja13
16th Jan 2009, 13:10
Hi all I am going to the toronto assessment day on 6th of feb...is anyone going to this assessment day? would be nice to know so we can help each other prepare for the assessment day :)

K8tilou
16th Jan 2009, 13:52
Only 4 weeks til I am there - I am sure the time is going to go by so quick!! I was told I can get my medicals done out there, however I may get some of them done over here - mainly the dentist as I a scared to death of the dentist :oh: lol!!!

As for the training, I have been flying for 8 years but never for a Middle East airline, so I am guessing it is pretty similar - and its all mainly Airbus too, but still the training is hard work even for someone who has done it over and over so many times........!!

Good luck with your application, and fingers crossed we see you out there soon!!!

Ajosser
16th Jan 2009, 18:07
To EX-EK25

Uh, thank you... you remember that despair being lost without perspectives. Thnks! Now it's some relief, yet new fight :) I'm going to attend assessment day in Tallinn this time but have new problem. People from HR promised to send invitation within a week. At the same time HR mentioned that they don't send out invitations for Tallinn. It's pretty confusing and time is running out and stress upcoming :). Anybody knows anything?

Hope2Fly
16th Jan 2009, 23:01
Hey isn't the Toronto Assessment/open day on feb 21st?? or is the assessment totally different? did you get a email invitation? I just applied for Etihad today online....is the hiring process for canadians totally different? please let me know. Thanks:confused:

EX_EK25
16th Jan 2009, 23:08
lol @ the dentist...i'm different i love going to the dentist..hahaha
4 weeks is definitely not long. so you get to do your medicals there, i have noticed that there are a few that have been advised to do so as well. they need crew pretty fast me thinks!

make sure you keep us informed bout the training and how you are finding it, plus the accomodation....for abinitio - newbies.

fingers are crossed! thanks and hopefully get to see you out there...

yuja13
17th Jan 2009, 11:20
hope2fly

i sent you a pm. Yes i did get an invitation couple days ago first a shortlist email and then after 2 hrs they sent an email asking me to confirm if i can attend on Feb 6th i think they switched the dates again because I clearly remember before it was after the NY assessment but now the NY assessment is on feb 8th.

Just wait for the email the assessment is not until feb 6th so they got plenty of time to contact people.

Good luck to u hope to see u at the assessment day!

flylicious
17th Jan 2009, 18:54
Hi yuja13, may I know how long does it take for them to send you an email of shortlisted notice after you made your application online?

I just received a notice of my application, and still waiting :ugh:, feb 09 is coming soon :oh: hope I've an invitation.

Please inform me, thank lots yuja13

Regards,

flylicious

yuja13
18th Jan 2009, 02:02
Hi flylicious,

I sent my online application in November and updated it a few weeks ago. I got the short list email last Jan 15 about 12 am and after 2 hrs round 2:30 am i got an email asking me to confirm if im going to the assessment on feb 6th. Thats what i thought so too the date i recall was suppose to be on Feb 9th here in toronto but they changed it again coz on the email it says Feb 6th and when i checked the website it is on Feb 6th.

I heard they contact people when they are about to go to the country for the assessment i read somewhere here that others got notified 2 days before the assessment day.

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon I've been waiting for the email since the beginning of the month and so excited when i got it.

Just be patient I'm sure they'll email you one of these days :)

EX_EK25
19th Jan 2009, 19:33
Hey anyone know of anyone that went to these assessment days? If so, do you know how they did?

Jan 8th - AKL
Jan 10th - BNE

airchase
19th Jan 2009, 21:50
I had a friend go to the one here in BNE on the 10th and she didn't get past the first de-selection point. Apparently they were very critical and got rid of 75% of the people at that point. My friend said the recruiter was very rude and didnt seem to want to be there. Which was a surprise to me as the recruiter at my assesment day in Syd was amazingly friendly and geniune.

Well I leave for Abu Dhabi in 9 days! Looking forward to my big farewell this weekend - which is Australia Day Long Weekend! :)

Good luck to all that are going to upcoming assessment days and also to those who have been and are waiting word. :ok:

Hope to see you there! Cc

EX_EK25
19th Jan 2009, 23:25
Thats not long at all, exciting times.

Interesting as they were the same recruiters at the AKL one. They were both very nice. From 17 attendees to 5. 2 guys/3 girls.

Thanks for the input, have a good long weekend.

cheers

overclouds
20th Jan 2009, 15:56
hi there
do you know exactly what do they check in blood test beside hiv,hepatitus,drugs and alcohol.?

any other things?

thank you

overclouds

Hope2Fly
21st Jan 2009, 02:17
I didn't even get shortlisted!!! how sucky is that eh. so does that mean I can't even go to the open house? I applied online and than they sent me an email stating that I was not shortlisted unfournately.:sad:

bah keep my fingers crossed for Emirates....does anyone know what other airlines are hiring in CANADA. Is Qatar?

wajdute
21st Jan 2009, 15:52
Hello all :D
First af all I have never ever visited a forum with this much of information, everything is very helpful :) Thanx a lot!!!
I am going to assessment day on the 28th of january in Vilnius. Fingers crossed :D

EX_EK25
21st Jan 2009, 18:33
just wanted to wish you good luck. :ok:

yucyme
21st Jan 2009, 18:35
Hello,
first of all, I would like to express my thanks for all friendly people on this forum , I have been reading it all morning :)
I have applied for EY and received shortlist e-mail notification and another e-mail asking me to confirm wether or not I will be able to attend NYC assesment day coming up on feb 8th, to which I replied. This was all recently, so still waiting for an invite.
Has anyone else received anything regarding NYC assesment on feb 8th 2009?

Looking forward to hear from you and special thanks go to Lee for posting his assesment day expirience. Thanks for sharing!!

I am so motivated you guys, this is all I ever wanted, hope all works out :)

:}

EX_EK25
21st Jan 2009, 23:25
I am sure you will do fine. Plenty of tips on here. Good luck...positive thinking... :ok:

rockerlpz
21st Jan 2009, 23:56
DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS??? ... PLEASE... :

" Hi everyone, I have a question: I assisted to last year's assesment day in New York in June, but didn't get picked, considering Etihad is doing only assesment days, ( and not open days...) do you think that if I apply again I would get an invitation for a second time as well?.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH "

YOUR ANSWERS WILL BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

.goldenboy
22nd Jan 2009, 13:54
Hi everyone !!

recently had my final interview with etihad but instead of the "the happy to inform you email " which i was dreaming to recieve ,, i got an email saying that "they are still reviewing my application "

any inputs ,,,??!!

many thanks

jaalal
22nd Jan 2009, 16:51
Hi,
anyone going for the 16th feb assessment in london?Hows is it like also.

yucyme
22nd Jan 2009, 18:56
Jaalal,
if you go back to I think page 8 or 9 , Lee posted a long one on the whole process.

It's very informative, and good luck, of course :)

Showbizdolly
23rd Jan 2009, 20:12
Firstly, I also want to say thanks to all you members who's input has answered the majority of my questions, without even asking!!

Secondly, I'm awaiting my background checks for EY (AUH assessment day 12/01) and cannot wait to start. A friend of mine joined more than a year ago and was put in temporary hotel accommodation for 4 months! Is that all over now and there is fresh accomm ready nowadays??
Im excited to know the best crew buildings in AD.

Thanks!

lisiane_e
24th Jan 2009, 14:14
Hello, everybody..
I will have my open day next month, so I am wondering what to expect.
How many stages does the process have? Do we have to do an essay? Is it like Emirates recruiting stages?
I have no idea what to expect from them.
So any tips here is gonna be useful.
Thanks a lot

Showbizdolly
24th Jan 2009, 21:02
Best of luck with the interviews.... Similar to EK in the sense they are just wanting you to be yourself - not too quiet, not overpowering...
Generally the recruiters are a lot nicer and softer than EK. Which helps put you at ease and forget about the butterflies!
Expect group exercises and a couple on on the spot scenarios - remember its not what the answer is, its how you answer things!!!
Manners and common sense! Dont worry :)

serdarusa
25th Jan 2009, 06:58
EY looks for acc. manager on their site... What does this mean? A new acc. is ready? and A question...If it says 'under review' under the application status, what does it mean? thanks...:confused:

lisiane_e
25th Jan 2009, 12:36
Hey, everyone.:)

I want to know which object you guys picked : newspaper, water, mobille, pen???? And why?

I know a lot of ppl get cut on that stage!!

I really want this job, so any tip here is gonna be wonderful!!!!

Thanks a lot, guys

See you in Abu Dabhi!!!!!!!!!!:ok:

adelinne
25th Jan 2009, 18:14
Hello:O, you said u ”just made it till the final interview”...This means you attended the final interview and few weeks after did u receive the ”no,thanks”-mail?If so, tell me please what do u think they did n t like at that interview?

Yvette8610
25th Jan 2009, 19:02
As far as I know.. the fact that they are still reviewing his application doesn't mean that he is rejected. I think they will send him an other mail sooner or later.

EX_EK25
25th Jan 2009, 20:28
and the waiting game continues... hows this game coming along for others?

EX_EK25
25th Jan 2009, 20:47
Hey LE, there isn't a right or wrong answer. Whatever you pick up you have to explain to them the reason why. I picked up the newspaper and stated that I did it because I like to know whats going on locally and internationally...
Good Luck! :ok:

lisiane_e
26th Jan 2009, 10:25
Hey Ex, Thanks So Much For Your Answer!! I Guess I Now What They Want Now!!

Good Luck!!!

Leah-K
26th Jan 2009, 12:05
Hi, guys.

Last summer I applied for a Cabin Crew with Eihad on their web page.
but 1 or 2months later, I got a refusal mail about my application saying that

"unfortunately we will not be pursuing your application any further at this time"

And this time I called them and asked if they could send me an invitation email. They told me to send my reference number and I did.

And I got this email

"Thank you for applying for a Cabin Crew position with Etihad Airways.

The Management has reviewed your details and unfortunately we will not be pursuing your application any further at this time.

Should you be interested in other positions within Etihad Airways, kindly return to the careers website and reapply for any position that you believe to be a good fit for your skills and experience.

We would like to thank you for your interest in Etihad Airways and wish you every success in your professional pursuits."

I studied about Cabin crew service and I have worked in customer care for about 2 year in several places.

Is there anyone who has ever got this email?
I really dont understand why I cant have any interview with them.

Im getting annoyed.

Hope2Fly
26th Jan 2009, 23:42
yes I also got that same email, and I have plenty of years of customer service plus I took a Tourism course...maybe they didn't like the way we looked? if that's the case...well they are STUPID than.
Try Qatar or Gulf?

EX_EK25
27th Jan 2009, 00:45
Being shortlisted is the luck of the draw i guess. Sorry to hear you two didn't even get the chance to be heard. That does suck - big time!!

barrett1987
27th Jan 2009, 04:55
I have a serious question, one that some might guffaw at, but has me a little worried.

Does Emirates/Ethiad employ white skinned, blue eyed, blonde males?

I know white/blonde/blue eyed women are employed by these companies but are males of this type selected?

Does anyone know of/or is/ of the following description and working for either of these two airlines?

I ask this after over hearing one of the recruiters at an open day.

As i fit this profile perfectly i'm a little worried that i should be looking into other countries for my dream job.

Please refrain from no way! they wouldn't do that'' type answers unless you actually know of blonde, white skinned males working for the company.

Thanks for the responses.

Donisha
27th Jan 2009, 11:23
Hi Everyone,

I applied to Ethiad Airways a few months ago and havent gotten any reply as yet. My problem is, I am from Grenada, the Caribbean, Ethiad don't conduct interviews in the Caribbean and the closest interview is being held about 8 to 9 hours away which is extremely costly to go there.

What am I to do?:sad:

EX_EK25
27th Jan 2009, 18:41
Hey, just wanted to say 'yes' they do. I know that EK have hired guys the same description as you. Thats a fact! :)

koppe
28th Jan 2009, 22:03
Hello guys, well I'm going to EY assessment day in Porto Alegre/Brazil in the end of March, supposing I get through their open day, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the final interview is like.
I've applied to EK recently and made it to the FI but got the dreaded email after 6 weeks..:sad:
I dont think I did very well on the FI, they use some kind of behavioural interview, asking about specific situations, how u handled them .. etc... and my memmory didn't work on my favour at the time and to tell the truth i prepared to a more conventional interview with questions such as "why do you wanna be a cabin crew" " my qualities... shortcomings and so on!
So I would really appreciate if someone could share their experiences on the FI with Etihad;
best regards!

wajdute
29th Jan 2009, 11:29
I have been to assesment day just yesterday, and was lucky enough to go through all the day. So final interview was very simple. They asked me why i am leaving my company, will it be difficoult to relocate, when i was appreciated the most as a person (in what situacion) and why it felt good. Wrost and best customer service experience and so on. Nothing tricky just simple questions.

Good luck to you :D

koppe
29th Jan 2009, 13:25
hello wajdute! tks for your reply and congrats!
This kind of questions that usually get me stuck, I normally get a blank :confused: when have to remenber situations, so Ill have to prepare for that really well then! :} Tks Again!

EX_EK25
30th Jan 2009, 01:10
I am sure you will be fine. :ok: Good luck!

jzmn59
30th Jan 2009, 07:44
Just wondering,
Has anyone gotten the invite yet?
I applied online couple weeks ago but havent heard anything :(

I'll be in Sydney for 2 weeks for my vacation, does anyone know if they would grant me admission to the assessment day even though I'm not local?

Thanks in advance! :)

janneha
30th Jan 2009, 13:40
PS is anyone attending the assessment in london? Or anyone thats recently been in an assessment in london or anywhere- your advice and information on the day would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance

jaalal
30th Jan 2009, 16:54
Hi janeena,

am attendin the 18th london too.i just wanna say u keep it cool.

janneha
30th Jan 2009, 17:00
hey jalaal thanks. Are there 2 assessments? Because my invitation is for the 16th not the 18th. Are you sure yours is the 18th??

jaalal
30th Jan 2009, 17:31
Sorry,janennha.

its for the 16th not 18th.I guess i will see you 16th then.I havent seen any black cc at Etihad, but i think you will be fine because for EY to invite you means they have interest in you.

janneha
30th Jan 2009, 18:02
thanks for the encouragement. Are you nervous? Do you think there will be a lot of people attending that day? Apparently their interviews are slightly different from emirates. And do you know if the recruiters are usually UAE nationals because a friend of mine recruited in bulgaria was assessed by ladies from UAE.

I know am bombarding you with questions but i'll be really grateful for any info/your help.

Cheers:)

momo155cm
30th Jan 2009, 18:21
Good morning, jzmn59

It's the same situation, I haven't got any answer from them yet. It is possible to think that the residence you put on online application is not in Australia so they look through your form and would contact when they have an assessment day in your country where you said. Me, I'm currently studying international flight attending in New Zealand, and I am Japanese. I also said my residence in New Zealand, not Japan.

Do they have any assessment day in Singapore? There are none in Japan. I really hope we get answer soon...

jaalal
30th Jan 2009, 18:21
To be sincere,am not nervour cos its not my first time attendin cc interview. Sometimes there more people and smetimes there are less,being nervous will ruin everything .I dont know much about EY recruitment process so cant say if they are UAE nationals or not .Am best advice to you janneha is to be yourself cos thats what will get you through,as thats what theye ar looking for.

You just ask me anything you feel like ,i will provide you with relevant answers if i have any.

koppe
30th Jan 2009, 20:14
Hey guys, just to let u know that here in Brazil Etihad is doing open days through a local aviation school,just like EK does, which is great so we dont have to wait in the dark for an invitation. so id search about and check if theyre not doing the same in other countries..
good luck to all of us!:ok:

janneha
30th Jan 2009, 20:46
hiya jalaal,

Actually i got really nervous at the ek assessment and didn't speak properly. I think this might be the reason why i was deselected at the 2nd stage. So you are absolutely right that it doesn't help to be nervous. Do you think they are as difficult to get into as ek or?

jaalal
30th Jan 2009, 21:12
Janneha,

i really cant say but i have heard that their interview is a bit more relaxed than EK. If you get through to the final stage and they feel you the right person,i don't see why they won't offe.r the job to you

janneha
30th Jan 2009, 21:29
in any case hope to see you there. good luck!!

momo155cm
1st Feb 2009, 06:55
Hello jaalal and everyone:)

Couldn't find the thread that I wanted to get answer so I ask now.

I just posted a thread before, about invitation email from Etihad, to attend assessment day. And I haven't get any of those yet. I have applied last November, and the application expired day was 31th of Dec 2008. Since the New Year started, I have updated 3 times. The status is 'applied' and the date is the day I updated.

Do you think I should withdraw the application and make new one? I hope someone gives me an advise. I really want this job...!!

Thank you in advance.

jaalal
1st Feb 2009, 07:28
Hi momo155cm,

i sent u a PM. So go check it.

cheers.

momo155cm
1st Feb 2009, 08:02
Thanks jaalal!
Regards:)

Bee11
1st Feb 2009, 11:16
Hello Barrett

Yes they definatly do employ fair skinned/blue eyed men & women, my husband who is british but lives in Aus & has crystal clear blue eyes was successful & currently in training as we speak!

Dont give up ... give it a shot..u never know!!

Utkonos
1st Feb 2009, 14:01
Hello, everybody!! I supose my question sounds a bit ridiculous, but anyway... The reason is I don´t have a high level of English, certainly I can speak and understand without problem but not so fast as someone from England :\... So, do they really want people with high level of English only or can I try it out too? :confused: Thank you!!

Sorry for mistakes.

koppe
2nd Feb 2009, 01:01
You should definitly give it a try! you won't know wether your english is good enough unless you go for the interview and see what happens! Suerte!!:ok:

jzmn59
2nd Feb 2009, 06:24
Hey there, thanks for your reply.
There was supposed to be one in Jan but it got cancelled. :S bummer
I am hoping to attend the one in SYD but I haven't got any reply whatsoever.
I am not sure what to do....

How about yourself? What is the best way to get an invitation?

Utkonos
2nd Feb 2009, 09:13
Thank you very much for your support :O !

dina metwally
2nd Feb 2009, 10:53
serving alcholics on all classes in etihad or only champagne by request

koppe
2nd Feb 2009, 17:59
was that a question? im sure you'll have to serve all sorts of people, if you have a problem with people who enjoy their booze:yuk: you should definitly not work in this industry or anything related with catering. :ugh:

bluefish_au
2nd Feb 2009, 23:07
Hi everyone, I'm just looking to see if there is anyone on here who has been invited to the EY assessment day in MEL in March? I've applied and still waiting to hear so wondering if they have sent any invites out yet...

Thanks and good luck to everyone at the various stages of this lonnnng process :)

want_to_fly
2nd Feb 2009, 23:52
hey bluefish!

Yeah i've applied for the melbourne assessment day in march and have not heard anything from them yet. I originally applied for the one in brisbane but i declined it and went to the emirates interview instead. since i was unsuccessful with them I changed my address and city to the melbourne one. So fingers crossed to both of us that we will hear from them soon!!

EX_EK25
3rd Feb 2009, 00:13
good luck you two for the MEL AD. :ok:. its a waiting game for me now. did my interview on the 8th Jan in AKL. Got my happy to inform you email on the 14th, so their doing my clearances right now. tick tock tick tock...will be 3 weeks since the email this thursday. hope i get that call! :hmm:

want_to_fly
3rd Feb 2009, 00:52
hey guys can someone explain to me what their interview process is like with Etihad? is it somewhat similar to Emirates?

Would be grateful if someone can share this information with me as it would help me to achieve my career goal!!

Thanks!!

yucyme
4th Feb 2009, 17:20
Got the invitation for upcoming NYC assesment :))))
Feb 8th, 2009 .
Anybody going???
I have a question about references, does it have to be references from somebody at work, cause my at my job they will not be happy to know I am trying to get a job somewhere else, and can't really tell anybody, well not yet at least.:ooh:
What do you all think, and if anybody is going, please respond , maybe we can be there for each others support :ok:
Thanks all!

EX_EK25
4th Feb 2009, 21:20
Hi All, got my 'call' yesterday. I start on the 5th April. Start my medicals next Tuesday, got exactly 2 months. No more waiting game for me! Its over!

Those to waiting, don't let it deter you, they are quite busy sorting out contracts. If you have not heard from them since that happy to inform you email, then do call them.

See you all there!!

:O

Sursum - To the heights!

want_to_fly
4th Feb 2009, 23:18
what's the interview process like with Etihad? Im hoping to be shortlisted for their March interview in Melbourne. How long did it take for u to wait before they gave u the 'golden call'?

Im so excited for you and wish you the very best at Abu Dhabi!!:ok:

EX_EK25
5th Feb 2009, 02:23
The process is actually quite easy and not too tedious. The interviewers are really quite nice and are always open to whatever questions you have for them. Just be confident within yourself, and smile and know they will be watching how you interact with others. Dress well!

Interview 8th Jan, confirmation email 14th Jan, phone call 4th Feb. So not too bad. Contract signed and returned today 5th Feb.

Good luck! :ok: and thanks...

EX_EK25
5th Feb 2009, 08:53
the interviews only for the one day - two elimination times. thats where you want to hear your name called out! bit nerve wrecking..:yuk:

janneha
5th Feb 2009, 09:14
congragulation ex ek25!

Thanks for your feed back about the interview. Could i be really cheeky and ask a couple of questions?
I was wondering if you were asked about scars/tatooes. Also were you asked about US visas during the selection process?

Your help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

want_to_fly
5th Feb 2009, 09:18
I can't wait to be shortlisted. But my only problem is, I was originally shortlisted to the Brisbane assessment day but due to unforeseen reason I had to decline. And now I want to be shortlisted to the Melbourne one. How do I get about to re-apply to the Melbourne assessment day? Do I just change my address and homecity on my application or should I with-draw all the application altogether and re-apply??

Anyone have this problem or could help me please give me sum advice pls!!

:uhoh:

EX_EK25
5th Feb 2009, 09:30
firstly thank you :)

okay, yes were asked about tattoo's, and had to show on a diagram where it was. as long as they do not show when you are in uniform.

about the US visa, none of us were asked.

have anymore questions, don't hesitate....cheers

janneha
5th Feb 2009, 13:36
can i just say that ur the first person on pprune who actually helped me with this question. I really appreciate your time in helping and just want to say a big THANK YOU:ok:

I asked about the visa issue coz i attended the emitrates assessment abt a week ago and was asked about it at the second stage along with tattoes and scars. Told the recruiter that i had 3 valid and expeired visas but i was refused one before.

I got deselected after that (only 20 people left at that time) and was really gutted. I think it might hav been the visa issue so am really glad etihad don't enquire about that since they invited me for an assessment 16th of feb.

As you can see, ur help was really important to me.
Also i dont think i can afford a suit this time around (am female by the way), so just wondering if its ok to wear a pencil skirt with a shirt instead? Its still professional. What would you advice based on the girls who made it to the last round?

Again thanks for all your help, you definately deserve the job

Cheers!

koppe
5th Feb 2009, 14:00
hey want to fly! I havent been to the interview yet, will do in a couple of months and this sunday I have to go on an open day that should be a easy pizzy! so i hope! hehe!
anyway, take a look throught this forum and other etihad forums and you'll find lots of info about interview process. good luck! and if you have your interview before let us know how it went!! :ok:

and janneha, you see I hadnt been asked about US visa in my emirates interview, its really hard to tell why they dont select people.. always a bit of a mistery but try to think back on your interview and think if everything was the way you think it should have been and that should help you. and ive seen lots of posts about interviews with etihad where people wearing casual attire got through to last interview.. I wouldn't risk it myself...

and btw! sweet as EXEK!! hope to see lots of new zealander over there! awesome people you are! ka kite!

K8tilou
5th Feb 2009, 14:12
Hey guys good luck to you all going for Etihad, the interviews are really not that bad! As far as US Visa is concerned Etihad invite you to go get your Visa (my friend currently works for them) but I dont think you have to go if you dont want to!! She has been there 6 months and not be invited to go get it yet.

I am starting my training on 15th Feb - is anyone else?

koppe
5th Feb 2009, 14:22
hey k8tilou!! do you have any more tips for the interview!? pliz share!!!! iv been reading threads like crazy lately! thanks!

midoy10
5th Feb 2009, 18:55
i received an email about my failure in the first selection of application :sad::

Thank you for your interest in Etihad Airways.

Unfortunately, we will not be pursuing your application for Cabin Crew at this time. However, should you be interested in other positions within Etihad Airways, kindly return to the careers website and reapply for any position that you believe to be a good fit for your skills and experience.

Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.:{

i had accomplished my education here in cabin crew service (diploma) after that an experience in hospitality 5 stars hotels and sales agent in big mall
plus i have :uhoh:a great smile what they want ? someone have a DOCTORAT:=

why they trait people like that just let any one have a chance to go through interview after they can judge what they want precisely :mad:

congratulations EK_25 :\ God help us and good luck for every one :(

EX_EK25
6th Feb 2009, 00:51
midoy10 - sorry to hear that you weren't given a chance to show your skills...i guess at the end of the day its up to that interviewer..and they did not see what they thought would fit in the EY mould. does not mean you cannot try again, even for EK. you are fully qualified from what you have stated. thanks for your congrats...much appreciated! :)
janneha - not a problem helping you out at all. i did not wear a suit, i just wore some nice suit pants and a collared business shirt. i should have worn a tie. as for you, as long as you look very smart, you should be fine! there were two girls who did not have like a power suit of sorts for women but looked very smart and presentable.
koppe - kia ora and kei te pai for your support, nice to know we are a likeable bunch :O - ka kite ano :ok:

made_in_ukraine
6th Feb 2009, 03:17
Hey Janneha,

As for the US visa question, I don't think it matters for an airline whether or not you have had it in past or whether you have been refused one. During the second selection stage with Emirates, they asked me whether I had had US visas in past, to which I said I had had. A friend of mine who was applying along with me had applied for the US visa twice and her applications had been rejected. At the end, she made it through the final interview, and I received a NO email 14 days after.

So, like others mentioned here, the fact that you had or did not have a US visa in your passport does not have any impact on your chances of being accepted. After all, EK has enough US citizens working for them who do not require the visa to come to the US.

I hope this somehow clarifies the issue.

PS. On top that, there a Polish girl on cabncrew.com who in past overstayed her visa by a significant amount of time (I believe, by almost 2 years). And now she is happily working for EY.

janneha
6th Feb 2009, 09:43
koppe, k8tilou, EX EK and made_in_ukraine thanks guys for your clarifications of the visa issue and the suit problem. Your help is really appreciated.

I think ill take a chance without the suit now. But i will look smart and professional!

At least now i have enough confidence to attend the etihad assessment since i was invited. The rejection from EK had made me start doubting my self therefore ave got a shaky self esteem at the moment.

No matter what the recruiters say, you still feel really gutted after being deselected. made_in_ukraine am sorry about your rejection letter as well, i know the feeling.

PS anyone else attending the London assessment 16th feb? It would be nice to know someone there. At the ek one 20 people got through the second stage from 250 plus people at the open day. I hope the conversion rate for EY is not that bad at their assessments.

Once again thanks guys for your help!!! You're Super Duper!!

koppe
6th Feb 2009, 19:16
hello there! ive seen a few posts in another site and wonder if someone could help me.. well about having a perfect set of teeth, do they check that? my teeth arent even and am quite worried about it. :eek: cheers!:}

EX_EK25
6th Feb 2009, 22:40
hi, is someone able to let me know what they are planning to wear on the flight over to AUH? i have read on the induction workbk that males wear a collared shirt and casual smart trousers....not too sure if thats going to be comfortable for the duration of the flight. are we able to change into comfortable gear during the flight then change before arriving into AUH? response to this would be very much appreciated. :)

EX_EK25
6th Feb 2009, 22:43
hey, about your teeth issue. as long as it is clean, and nothing missing on the front :} ...you should be fine! i don't have perfect teeth, well i don't think i do..and i got through the process fine. remember, how you present yourself on the day is paramount! first impressions last! good luck :ok:

rockerlpz
6th Feb 2009, 22:49
Does anyone know the email of Etihad?, If someone knows, I'd be Really Thankful, you can send me a private message if you want.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

flying_vicky
7th Feb 2009, 02:49
Does anyone know why the all of schedules of AD on Feb. are deleted on EY website? :suspect:
Is everyting going well?
Do u guys know what happen in EY?

I'm just worried as a candidate~~:{

made_in_ukraine
7th Feb 2009, 05:44
They are not deleted. February assessment days are held as per usual; they just forgot to substitute January with February on top of the page. So, no worries...

Showbizdolly
7th Feb 2009, 10:44
Firstly congratulations EK25... (GLA?!) I also got my call last week (almost 3wks after final interview which was quick! I anticipated 4 - 6 weeks)
Anyway, im on the training batch commencing March 08th. Anyone Else? :O

andrahoney
7th Feb 2009, 14:35
I have a problem,more of a question!I know how to swim for short distances...after that i get very very tired.I don t think i could swim 25 m...i don t really know how much that means,to be exact :) ...they really care about this things?,they test you when you go to abu dhabi?or before that? can we practice before we take the test...i don t know...should i begin taking swimm leasons?:{

K8tilou
7th Feb 2009, 16:57
Hey EX EK25, when do you start your training?? I was also a little concerned about what to wear on the lfight over, so I called Etiahd and they said smart casual is fine, no jeans or sportswear. Not sure about changing on the flight over but I dont see why not! My friend over there said she wore trousers and a top, however her friend from Australia got told at check in she had to put a skirt on!! But I am going to go on what Etihad told me - smart casual!!

Guys as far as interviews are concerned, just try and relax make sure you talk to others on the interview - show you are listening and interested in others, just remember they are always watching you and your behaviour!!! As for teeth, I dont think you have to have a Hollywood smile :} but they do say no teeth missing at the front, so you cant see gaps when you smile! You have to have bite wings X ray for the medical anyway, so they of check the condition of your teeth!!

Good luck to you all going to interview x