PDA

View Full Version : Etihad - Wannabes & Recruitment IV

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

koppe
7th Feb 2009, 18:19
Thanks for your replies guys! Have a good trip to AUH!! :ok:
No teeth missing!! hehe! :} so it`s all good!:E
and andrahoney, the swimming requirement is for security purposes, so if you crash in the water you can actually be helpful and not the one to be saved. But I dont think theyll just test you but at some point in the training youre supposed jump in the water. so..:)

EX_EK25
7th Feb 2009, 21:41
Thanks K8T, I actually start on the 5th April, so got a bit to go. Just needed time to sort things out here. How bout you?

As for what I am wearing over, I'll definitely follow what EY have set out for the fellas. Collared shirt - smart/casual trousers. I may have v-neck tee to where on board. :)

cosmopolita
8th Feb 2009, 01:49
Hey every one! Thanks for all preview posts, it was very helpful!!!

Today I had my first contact with the Etihad process. Just like a dream. (At least, I was dreaming...)

To the next "wannabes":
All talk was in Portuguese (next fase will be in english). The presenter told about himself and how he become conected to Etihad recruitment process, show pictures and movies (all in youtube) while he explain about the job (money, deals, time, life), and told about the next step.
After that we went to other room, filled some blanks (name, passport number, parents name, and others personal data) and made the basic english test.
It consists in fifty questions like "choose the best answer", "choose the incorrect word", text interpretation...
And a little writing about one of three statements below
1. write a invite to your friends to come in your favorite holiday. Write why you choose these holiday and tell more about it.. (or some like that...) :ok:(I choose this and write about the carnival...).
2. write a letter to one friend that you borrow some money and he have gone. Try convince him to give back the money (or something like that...)
3. I didn't remember :ugh:(sorry)

I hope be helpful !
The presenter told us that the answer will be send untill next sunday in our email.

If you was there, tell if i miss something and what you felt about it.

LAST POINT: If we pass to next step, would be great join us to go to Porto Alegre in some coletive traslate like a minibus and save some box... what do you think?

regards

FltSftygrad
8th Feb 2009, 07:36
Hi Guys,

Is there anyone out there who has applied and submitted apps in January '09 but hasn't got a response other than the acknowlegement ? I'm not currently residing in any of the countries they are visiting or scheduled to visit for assesments, so wondered if that will be a problem. Anyone else in this situation?

EX_EK25
8th Feb 2009, 08:05
Hey SBD, thanks, and Congratulations to you!
...so you'll be there soonish! thats awesome! you will be uniform by the time i turn up there. :ok:

dazednconfused
8th Feb 2009, 08:32
hey... they will not invite you unless you live in one of the coutries where they are having an assessment so you need to contact them if you would like to travel somewhere to attend..

Yvette8610
8th Feb 2009, 09:37
Hello Andra,

Have you got an invitation for the assessment day (Bucharest, the 5th of March) ?

ezygaby77
8th Feb 2009, 12:12
Hi Guys!
Until today I was only reading your comments, but today I´ve decided to join you.

First of all, thanks for all the good tips on the assessment days.
I have mine on the 16th in London. I´m pretty excited:rolleyes:.

So, Janneha, yes, there is somebody else going there! I hope to see you:)
I´m travelling there the day before, and stay in a hotel, because I don´t trust in the traffic in these snowy days:ugh:.

I have a question. IF you pass this assessment day, do you still need to go for an other one to Abu Dhabi?
Because I´ve been reading other threads, and this is what I´ve got out of it. Maybe I´m wrong...

janneha
8th Feb 2009, 13:17
welcome to the forum!!

Finally someone else who is attending the assessment! Well am staying with a friend over the weekend anyway because its starts at 8:30 which is pretty early and ill be coming from the midlands.

To answer your question there is only one assessment. You go over to abudhabi only to start work there and nothing else. What threads/forums did you read that from? Hope that helps

Finally, looking forward to see you there and good luck!!

the skys the limit
8th Feb 2009, 16:23
janneha, is it only 1 day? or is it spread over a 2/3 days?

janneha
8th Feb 2009, 18:17
Hi there,

To the best of my knowledge, its lasts only a day as the invitation says. Those selected that day will have their final interviews then.

I reckon they are a bit more organised than emirates and qatar!!! Plus THEY provide lucnch if you are not deselected at the early stages.

Hope that answers ur question;)

ezygaby77
8th Feb 2009, 21:41
I can´t remember exactly on which thread I read about going to Abu Dhabi.
When I got this forum address I started to read randomly, I spent like 3 hours reading all different threads. :8 Anything what I found related to the assessment day.
I´d like to prepare myself because I really want this job.

If anyone have any more good tips how to win the recruiters, pleeeaaase, share it with me:).I mean with us!!!

I also have a question. One of my referencies is from Spain. The boss doesn´t speak much english. Do you guys think, that can be a problem? I mean, they do call them, right? Anyone knows what exaclty they ask? Just to tell him what to expect:rolleyes:

Thanks

andrahoney
9th Feb 2009, 08:31
no...i did not yet applied online,because i want first to finish my college.So after this happens in june,i will for sure applie to cabin crew on etihad website.did you recived an invitation?i m glad to talk to a romanian on this forum.hope we can help eachother!

FltSftygrad
9th Feb 2009, 13:03
Thanks for the response. I am gonna be in AUH and thought I'd stop by at Etihad. I emailed them but no response.

Can someone who has been to the assessments let me know what documents etc, they ask you to bring with you.......figured, I would go prepared just in case.

Ta

dazednconfused
9th Feb 2009, 14:20
well for an assessment day you need to bring one full length and 4 passport size photos.. and your CV!
As I recall thats it.. but you should apply online and then they will invite you to an assessment if they find you suited for the job...

yuja13
9th Feb 2009, 14:35
Hi to all,

I recently went for the Etihad Assessment here in Toronto I was one of the lucky ones who made it to the final interview. For those of you who are seeking advice and tips and information on what to expect on the day of the assessment. Try going back to page 8 of this thread and you will find a post from leecronje (http://www.pprune.org/members/271669-leecronje) she outlined her experience on her assessment day and some of the questions that they might ask you. I honestly can say it helpd me a lot i want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH TO leecronje (http://www.pprune.org/members/271669-leecronje)!!!! if you are reading this your post helped me prepared a lot for my assessment. I also wish you well and good luck in whatever you are doing right now and if you are still interested in becoming a FA just keep on trying and believe in yourself and you will get it. And for those who are wondering if you can try again if you didn't make it the first try the ans is DEFINITELY YES one girl in my assessment it was her 2nd try and guess what SHE MADE it to the F.I. that just shows that if you keep on trying all your hard work will pay off in the end.

The recruiters are super nice. All I can say is just be yourself, show them that you are perfect for the job and just smile..smile goes a long way and most importantly believe in yourself!!

Good luck to everyone who is going for the assessment I wish you all the best and I pray that you will all achieve your dreams.

I am waiting for my results this week. All I can do now is just stay positive and hope for the best, what's meant to be will be.

I hope this helps.:)

andrahoney
9th Feb 2009, 18:49
hi guys...i m just wondering...there are a lot of cabin crew who are married on etihad,or beeing married it a disadvantage???
Thanks!

lili2929
9th Feb 2009, 20:30
I am married and it is absolutly not a disadvantage ;)

Pitchi
9th Feb 2009, 20:56
Hello, guys!

This is my first post at this forum, but I've been reading a lots of the previous threads here during this days: I am preparing myself to the Assessment Day that is going to be in the next March 28th :O

yuja 13

thanks for sharing with us your experience. I already read the post from leecronje, she was fantastic, but even having experienced the Open Day last Sunday, I still have doubt about when do they let us know if we were accepted or not. Do they tell us after the FI at the same day, or they say who was selected passed 3-4 weeks? :rolleyes:

Waiting forward hearing from you :)

Yvette8610
9th Feb 2009, 21:41
Hello again Andra,

I'm also glad to be in touch with someone from Romania :) I've applied last month but I haven't got any response yet.:hmm: I know someone, as well who is working for Etihad and is married, no probs at all..;)

yuja13
9th Feb 2009, 23:10
Hi Pitchi,

I am confused you went to an open day last Sunday? but the assessment is on March 28. Ahh I see you guys have open house in Brazil because over here we don't have open house only assessment day we didn't have to go through the agency.

After the final interview they told us we will hear from them in a week in my case it'll be the end of this week.

Good luck to you!!! Prepare, but make sure to be yourself and just relax they are very nice people nothing to worry. :ok:

EX_EK25
10th Feb 2009, 00:25
yuja13 - Good luck! You should get word in the next couple of days...fingers crossed! Well done on getting to the end of the AD without being eliminated...it is nerve wrecking waiting for your name to be called! :confused:

yuja13
10th Feb 2009, 02:24
Thanks EX_EK25 (http://www.pprune.org/members/289038-ex_ek25) i know we'll be hearing from them this Thursday since they had to go to NYC b4 going back to AUH.

I have a questions do you do your medicals before you leave or you do it when you get there?

Congrats to you too..you must be excited you're leaving soon. I hope to see you in AUH ..im really hoping for the best :)

FltSftygrad
10th Feb 2009, 02:45
I've already applied and got the acknowledgement and nothing since Jan 26th. I happen to be passing thro AUH so figured I'd take a chance....

So, Just 4 PPort photos and a full length and cv...thats it? No certificates etc?

dazednconfused
10th Feb 2009, 05:35
no certificates when I went to my assessment... but i guess you can bring them just in case...

bluefish_au
10th Feb 2009, 07:06
Hey everyone,
Just in case you were wondering, EY (unlike EK) send you a thanks but no thanks letter. I got mine today, so just wanted to wish everyone who is going to the MEL days the best of luck, and if you get through- it is a great job and totally worth all the effort! For now, I'm stuck in short haul- but will keep trying and hope to see some of you over there one day...

fly_85
10th Feb 2009, 09:24
Hi all, I'm newbie here.

Can someone please kindly tell me how I can apply for the Assessment Day.
I set up an account and had a really good look on the website but is absolutely clueless :ugh:

Thanks in advance!

dxb_ fido
10th Feb 2009, 12:51
Hi Guys,

I live in UAE and I applied online, 2 days later I got a mail that my application was shortlisted ... I have not received and invtation for the assesment day yet but my questions are:

how many days prior to the assessment day they send you the invitation?

is it possible that you get shortlisted but you don't get invited to the assessment day ?

and if anyone has an idea when is the next assessment day in Abu Dhabi I would really appreciate it

Peace,

Fido

yucyme
10th Feb 2009, 15:14
Hi Guys,

I live in UAE and I applied online, 2 days later I got a mail that my application was shortlisted ... I have not received and invtation for the assesment day yet but my questions are:

is it possible that you get shortlisted but you don't get invited to the assessment day ?

and if anyone has an idea when is the next assessment day in Abu Dhabi I would really appreciate it

Peace,

Fido
http://static.pprune.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://static.pprune.org/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.pprune.org/report.php?p=4708999)
Hello, DXB_Fido

Same thing happened to me,
I was shortlisted almost right away, and then was invited to assesment day which was soon coming up in NYC (feb.8th 2009)
By the way, I passed all stages, I am soooo happy :}
I will be happy to help if anybody has more questions,as far as the assesment experience.
I think they will invite you once they have assesment day in your area.
As far as the invitation, I had about a week to get ready.
First they send you the email where they are asking you to confirm whether or not you will attend in case you are invited.
Once you confirm that, they invite you when the location of assesment day is determined.
I guess anything is possible with these assesments so I wish you luck.
I am sure they post interview dates on the website.
The recruiters are "warm",beautiful and super-nice and will answer all your questions and treat you with respect.
They also make you feel welcomed.

Hope that answers your questions.
Oh, and one more thing, you will have to reach 214 cm.
The rest, just relax, take a deep breath and be your natural self.:8

Pitchi
10th Feb 2009, 16:13
Hi, yuja13!

Thanks for replying me :ok: and, yes, here we have the Open House, than the Assessment Day.

Very good luck for you this week! Let's keep our fingers crossed and, pls, let us know about you :ok:

Warm regards

EX_EK25
10th Feb 2009, 19:18
The medicals are done before you leave for AUH, unless EY want you there as soon as, then you get to do them over there. All still paid by yourself!

I am sure we will meet in AUH. Good luck and all the best to you too!! :ok:

jzmn59
10th Feb 2009, 23:21
Hey did anyone get the invitation to the A-day at SYD on 5th March?
I m just wondering if they are still holding the selection, since we all know the aviation industry is kinda in dire straits now (look at EK!!)

koppe
10th Feb 2009, 23:42
hello guys, now that jzmn59 touched on that subject it made me think about it too. has anyone from EY heard anything about such things in the company? I mean, EK has cancelled all assess days around the globe and has withdrawn applications of people that had already gone through with medicals! not 1 or 2 but it seems like a lot of them... :ooh: so thats why I didnt get called! :hmm: that's what I'd like to belive.. :rolleyes:
on the other hand I can say that all I've read about EY are good news, there are quite a few new routes, to sao paulo to come apparently too!!:} and they've also increased the number of flights to quite a few destinations, which means theyll need to hire people (us).:D Let's hope so!

dxb_ fido
10th Feb 2009, 23:46
Hi Guys,

Could someone please answer my questions !!!

Peace,

Fadi

jzmn59
10th Feb 2009, 23:52
For those who know or have experienced the EY selection, do you think they select people based on a stricter/less-strict process as compared to EK?
Do they hire "as many as they deem fit" just like EK too? Or is there actually a quota?

You know what's the worse thing?
That would be EY going on with their A-days as per normal (giving out the false impression that things are okay with them) but finally resorting to withdrawing their offers and going on a recruitment hiatus just like EK now, making all the prospective candidates go through medicals and stuff all over AGAIN.

Oh god... I can't even begin to imagine. So I rather be disappointed now and KNOW than to go through everything and then be let down. This freaking crisis is such a pain. -_-"

dyal1
12th Feb 2009, 02:20
Hi everyone,

i am currently working as cabin crew, about to turn 21 years of age and meet all the requirements for the job.

A few weeks ago i applied to attend an open day in Melbourne on the 7th March and just today i got a reply stating i have not been shortlisted (very disapppointing).

I am not sure as to why this has happened, there have been several people from my airline that have been accepted into etihad in the past year. I did take the photos myself rather than get them done professionally, but this is the only reason i can think of.

Any ideas on where i can improve for the next time? :)

barrett1987
12th Feb 2009, 10:37
without seeing your entire application it would be impossible to give credible advice.

skyblue123
12th Feb 2009, 11:03
Hi there!

I'm headed over to Abu Dhabi to start my training with Etihad on the 1st March and was just wondering if anyone is there already as a newbie or planning to start on the 1st March too? Would be good to connect on here or facebook!

Good luck to all,

SkyBlue :ok:

skyblue123
12th Feb 2009, 11:13
Hi there!

I'm headed over to Abu Dhabi to start my training with Etihad on the 1st March and was just wondering if anyone is there already as a newbie or planning to start on the 1st March too? Would be good to connect on here or facebook!

Good luck to all,

SkyBlue :ok:

wajdute
12th Feb 2009, 11:54
Hey everyone,
have this one thing concerning me :(
I have had the assessment day on the 28th of January, got to final interwiev and it's been more than two weeks and I haven't heard from them! Nothing neither congratulations nor sorry letter. everything would be not that strange exept that all the other who made to F.I. that day got their letters. All of them exept me :(
I have written them reminding about myself, but no response to that either! I am litteraly banging my head to the wall and this waiting is killing me :ugh:
Any ideas? Why this is happening?
All the answers are very appretiated!:{

lucylu
12th Feb 2009, 12:03
hi you should give them a call! they are really busy in the recruitment and some times if u send emails they may have a lot of emails comin in you see.. give them a call.. when i was waiting to find out if i had got through or not at that stage it turned out they had the wrong spellin for my email address!!

dont worry am sure you will be fine good luck x

wajdute
12th Feb 2009, 12:09
Thank You,
I thik I will do that. Anyone knows their phone number?

EYner
12th Feb 2009, 13:58
Hi to everyone here, ... I would like to reassure those who think that EY is going the same path as EK regarding recruitment. Well the truth is that EY is doing fine and better ! I am currently a crew with Etihad, and all of my flights are busy. So Abu dhabi got plenty of money they have nothing to worry about. Unlike EK, Ey is expending but in a normal rate, they are taking over EK market indirectly that explains the trouble with EK. I have a couple of friends who were supposed to join EK but got rejected after being accepted. Well I was in the training center of EY and there are many newbies ... so I hope you guys gonna make it. And one advice if you don t receive your call and you start to worry just give a call to recruitment. They have a massive recruitement so that's why they are all busy ;) ... hey guys see you soon in one of our aircraft. One advice for those who are attending recruitment days, just be yourselves, prepare for the interview before, show interest in the company how impressed you are with the growth of the airline, and you want to be part of the team. During group discussions, don t try to dominate, keep your smile on but not to much lol ... say something nice ... and if you went blanck say ''yes it's a good idea'' or ''i agree with that'' or ''all of what i heard is interesting and i totaly agree with ...'' this kinda stuff ... the aim of the group discussion is not what you say but how you say it and how you intereact with the other candidates, keep your cool, be respectful and watch your body language, and never stress or get annoyed. well that's what i can say about it.

Good luck all, and if you meant to come all of you guys, that would be great but that's the rule of the game, only few come over. and those who got rejected, don t think u are not made for the job but it's just the luck so keep tryin and you will get it inchallah ;)

All the best,

Eyner

cotita
12th Feb 2009, 16:43
Thank you EYner!!!
It is always great to hear good news
:D

flying_vicky
12th Feb 2009, 16:50
made in ukraine :
thank you for your kind respond to my woories~ :)
according to the posts of this section...fortunately, I guess EY is going on their recruitment.

EYner :
Thank you for your positive message as a crew with EY.
i'll keep your advice in mind and prepare for my successful interview.
hope to see you in AUH. :ok:

yucyme
12th Feb 2009, 17:48
I am soooo sorry for the people rejected when Emirates stopped hiring :(
It's sad news indeed :(
Eyner, thanks for helping me be hopeful
Hugs and smiles
:)

EX_EK25
12th Feb 2009, 20:43
Real good to get that type of feedback for those who are in the process of doing their medicals, etc. Reading the other posts about EK, got me worried about EY. I'll be there 5th April, inshallah!! ;)
Thanks again! :ok:

coni222
13th Feb 2009, 01:23
hi
I am new here. I am from argentina. Somebody knows if there is some assesment day in argentina during the 2009. thanks

yucyme
13th Feb 2009, 13:45
EX EK25,
please tell me when was your interview and how long before DOJ was determined.
Thanks!:}

yucyme
13th Feb 2009, 13:47
coni222,
you can find current schedule on EY Careers website,
and it would be good if you can apply online so you receive updates and possibly an invitation to the assesment day :)
Best of luck
:ok:

Pitchi
13th Feb 2009, 15:02
Hey, EYner,

thank you very, very much for giving me some hope about EY after all the bad news we've been hearing from EK. Yesterday The New York Times publish an article about the effects of the crisis in Dubai :eek:, I was very concerned about what to expect from EY once I'm going to the AD in March 28th, but well now I'm relief. :O

Good luck to everyone who is already going to Abu Dahbi, hope to meet you there :ok:

jor_g_ito
13th Feb 2009, 17:02
please I need some information about the assessments of etihad I'll go next week please.And details of the english exam , is not my language and for me it can't be very easy in my county nobody speack english.Thank you.

jorge from spain.

Pitchi
13th Feb 2009, 17:47
Hey jor_g_ito,

I didn't have mine yet, but you can find very detailed information at this forum. If you go to previous thread, at the page 8, you will find one post from leecronje, she was simply gorgeous :D

Well hope I helped you a little and wish you the best luck :ok:

jor_g_ito
13th Feb 2009, 18:03
thancks a lot

jor_g_ito
13th Feb 2009, 18:33
How many people shoud have in a assessment day and how many people in the groups for the dinamics parts?:}:bored::confused:

Pitchi
13th Feb 2009, 19:14
jor_g_ito
I'll can't help with that, but in fact it changes from country to country. Doesn't have a rule or a fixed number :=.

What you should have in mind is that it's not a competition. They wan't to hire as many as they can. Think about be yourself and have a nice relationship with everybody in the group ;)

Good luck :ok:

EX_EK25
13th Feb 2009, 19:46
hey YUCME, well i had my interview 8th Jan, they then sent my "happy to confirm" email on the 14th Jan, stating if i don't hear from them in 3 weeks to call/email them - 04th Feb they called telling me I was accepted and they were sending my contract details and medical/dental checklist. I asked if I could start the earliest date in April. I got 5th April. Now just sorting things out back here at home. Hope this helps. :ok:

serdarusa
14th Feb 2009, 04:37
May I kindly ask the contact info of HR:oh::mad:...I got through all the pages which took more than 3 hours to find it out however nobody reveals:mad: :oh:and many people asked the same:mad:...why? 'cos it is secret?:oh::mad: what is wrong with it? is it forbidden?:mad: best luck 2 all who waits for a happy e-mail...:oh:

vynbytez
14th Feb 2009, 11:21
does anybody know if EY will be recruiting in the Philippines anytime soon?:)

gabidu
14th Feb 2009, 12:17
Hey guys,
I have a friend that is going for the Etihad interview in Barcelona, are they taking people for sure or they are in the same situation as Emirates?, cause some people got their employment offer and at the end due to the economic crissis they have withdrawn the offer...I hope at least Etihad is still taking people....

thanks!

alkatifa
15th Feb 2009, 01:45
Hi everyone!
I've been reading all the thread and it was very helpful indeed. I'm just very happy to see that Etihad has not slowed down their recruitment process like EK! I am one of the guys that went down after being successful and it's a PAIN!!

The thing is I just found out yesterday that Etihad's going to have an AD in lisbon on the 17th feb and I rushed to apply online and MAYBE if I'm really lucky I could b over there and hope for the best! I think I'll have 2 days to prepare and hear from them....we'll see!

Take care and good luck to you all

yucyme
15th Feb 2009, 15:35
Hey folks,
I got the "happy to inform you..." email from Etihad this morning :))
I am sooo happy :)
It said the process is not complete cause there are reference checks pending...
Anybody got the same?
I got the feeling that they want me to send them references, but I gave it to them already at the assesment day !
Ex_EK 25, help!

koppe
15th Feb 2009, 16:41
:ok: got me invitation for the assessment day on March 28!!! woohooo! now... just need to prepare!! ;)

cosmopolita
15th Feb 2009, 19:23
Congratulations!
Where are you from? If you are in Floripa, we could go together. What do you think about?

EX_EK25
15th Feb 2009, 19:26
Okay, now you got your "happy" email, it also mentions that if you do not get a response from them in 3 weeks from that date, get in touch with them. You do not need to do anything here but wait, easier said then done, but thats the only thing you can do. If you do not hear anything past the 2nd week, you can get in touch with them - email. Remember they are quite busy sorting ALOT of new crew and training times, tickets, visa's, accomodation, etc. Just a waiting game for you now... :ok: at least you got the email!

koppe
15th Feb 2009, 19:45
hey cosmopolita! im from porto alegre. congratulations for you too! :ok: see you in poa!

cosmopolita
15th Feb 2009, 20:29
will come to Porto Alegre (from Floripa)?

Pitchi
15th Feb 2009, 20:37
Hey, guys, I got the invitation for the AD too! It's going to be on March 28th :O

Koppe, congrats! :D
See you there!

Cosmopolita,
see you in POA too :ok:

cosmopolita
15th Feb 2009, 21:42
And we can go together :ok:

Pitchi
15th Feb 2009, 22:40
Cosmopolita,

I'm from RS ... :rolleyes:, but, believe me, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to find somebody to share the trip ;)

See you

filwa
16th Feb 2009, 04:48
hello,
dose anyone know that how long before the interview will they send out all the shortlisted emails?
am waiting for the Perth interview on 10 March.

thanks

EX_EK25
17th Feb 2009, 01:36
Good Luck to all that are attending an AD or awaiting the email after their AD! :ok:

ezygaby77
17th Feb 2009, 07:41
Hi!
What was your number yesterday?
I remembered,that you should be there when we were having lunch... How far did you go? Maybe you were there the whole day and we didn´t even know how the other was:). I was 5.

busygirl
17th Feb 2009, 08:09
Ok, guys, "hot from the press":ok::}

I´ve been to the assessment day yesterday in London.
I know how frustrating is to get ready for it, so here I tell you what we had!
Fortunately I passed until the last one-to-one interview:ok:, so now I´m excited about the final decision:rolleyes:.

I think it was slightly different than what I heard before.

We were 70 people to start with.
Presentation about the company first, than english test.
The first part of english test is easy. I don´t think that you have to worry about it. The second part :1. give an example when you worked as part as a good team. 2. give an example when you gave an excellent costumer service. You have 2 A4 pages to write. You have 20 minutes for each english test.
After this. Elimination point.

Next stage. Group excersices. By this time we were 44. They split us in 4 groups. As it turned out, everyone had the same excersice: It´s a war, there is a bunker..only 3 people can stay in the bunker... you have a list of: gardener, dentist, eldelry person, soldier, priest,etc.. .Choose one and fight for staying. But you see, it is not important who you choose or who stays, it´s important HOW you work in the group, how YOU speak, interact. The assessors are there, watching and making notes.
Elimination point.

After this we had a nice lunch. 26 of us.
Next stage. One-to-one interview. I have to say that all the assessors are REALLY nice, they welcome you, they make you feel comfortable. You feel like you chatting with a friend. (ok, kinda).
So, some questions for this: an example when you had to deal with difficult situation. One when you received an excellent costumer service. Why Etihad? What positive things do you have what you could bring to the company? What can be challanging in moving to Abu Dhabi? I can´t remember any more...,but I think that was it.:8.
Then you can ask if you have any questions. I think it is good to ask something clever!

And after this "short" day of about 11 hours, we could go home:ok:
They said, the final YES or NO will arrive in e-mail, by thursday!
Can you imagine HOW nervous I am?:ugh:

Soooo, I hope I could help!
But Girls and Boys! Please be careful of the grooming! Dress up nicely! Try not to put on red, white or any funny colour shoes!
Girls! MAKE UP!
and smile,smile,smile. Be positive, be yourself! (I know this is what you can hear from everywhere, but it´s true!!!)

Good luck everyone:D

Pitchi
17th Feb 2009, 11:43
Hey, Busygirl!

Congratulations and thank you very much for let us know about your experience at the AD. Yours were quite different from the others we already heard here, but really intense.

Now, very good luck this Thursday :ok:

alkatifa
17th Feb 2009, 16:31
Busygirl good on ya!
Thanx for sharing the info and hope you'll hear from them by thursday!
Cheers

FlyBoy1983
17th Feb 2009, 16:41
i am sorry for being lazy to read all of the pages, but i just wanna ask, do etihad take male cabin crew from other countries too, or only female?

Pitchi
17th Feb 2009, 17:26
Hey, lazy FlyBoy :),
keep cool, as far as we know, they are taking male too :ok:

yucyme
17th Feb 2009, 17:42
at my AD 5 of us made it, 3 guys 2 girls :)
so yes

FlyBoy1983
17th Feb 2009, 17:50
Thank you for the information Pitchi, i just checked their website and saw the good news that Istanbul is on their recruitment schedule, on 22nd april :) at the moment i am trying to get into Turkish Airlines but if i am not accepted, i will try my chance with Qatar and Etihad, it is a pity Emirates cancelled all their open days, i dont know why.

Yvette8610
17th Feb 2009, 22:17
Is anyone out there who has attended a two - day long assessment day?

six romeo alpha
17th Feb 2009, 22:55
Busygirl - thanks for uploading the 'memoirs' of the day. You beat me to it! Busygirl's account (Pg 29) of the current recruitment process is spot on, so future applicants, make sure you read her account carefully!! They were very pleasant assessors and I would recommend Etihad to anyone considering as they look like a great airline to work for.:D

My advise, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FULLY for the group exercise. Whoever read out the last part of the exercise to our team misread it and consequently 10 out our group of 11 got eliminated afterwards. :ugh:I'm devastated, but it was a team exercise, and none of us picked up on the mistake, so it's fair enough that we were out.

Best of luck to all those who have or will apply!! :ok:

chupachup
17th Feb 2009, 23:21
ola! can anyone tell me how much etihad pays? i couldn't find any info on their website. thanks!!

Yvette8610
17th Feb 2009, 23:30
Salary & Benefits:

The Remuneration package consists of the following:
Basic Salary Range: AED 3,020 to AED 3,250 per month based on seniority
Duty Day Payment Range: AED 210 per duty day worked
Layover Allowance Range: AED 288 to AED 384 per day. This amount is regionally based and varies according to individual rosters
Additional benefits for Cabin Crew working with Etihad Airways are:
Company provided free fully furnished shared accommodation.
Annual 3% performance based salary increment and bonus scheme.
30 Calendar Days leave per annum.
Free annual leave ticket to country of origin.

It's on their site:

http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/careers/jobDetails.aspx

alkatifa
18th Feb 2009, 01:06
Yvette, I did attend a 2 day event, but with EK not EY. Anyway it really depends on how many ppl show up and how quickly they handle the event.
For me was a nerve breaker, getting through 1st day and going for the 2nd day and even returning for the final interview 3 days later!! It really was quite a ride, in Seville, Spain, starting with 230 ppl and bout 30 in the end.

Yvette8610
18th Feb 2009, 01:28
Thanks for sharing your experiences & congrats!!

Nickvan
18th Feb 2009, 09:10
Hey Yvette8610,

Effective 01st Jan 2009. Theres been restructuring with the payroll system.

OLD -Basic Salary Range: AED 3,020 to AED 3,250 per month based on seniority
NEW - Basic Salary starting AED 3500 as seniority comes your way AED 4,500 thru to AED 5,700

OLD-Duty Day Payment Range: AED 210 per duty day worked
A duty hour accumulative credit system applied to a rate per hour for remuneration, replacing the duty day allowance concept
NEW-
1.Duty hour payment:
CM: 57 DHS per duty hour
FB: 50 DHS per duty hour
FJ: 48 DHS per duty hour
FA: 44 DHS per duty hour

Really hard to predict but we have been told this pay system is much fairer to all and better..Time will tell next week when we get our salary with this new system.
Long Turnaround trips will reap you with good money..including ULR flights, ORD, MEL, SYD, YVZ & JFK

Hope this helps guys
Cheers.

romell
18th Feb 2009, 09:29
Quick question: As you guys surely know some of us that had recieved the "offer of employment withdrawn" e-mail from EK are now considering applying for Etihad, so do you guys think that it's a big no-no to mention that on the interview or on the contrary, it could be seen as an advantge. I guess it's more of a question to EY insiders but anyone's opinion will be gretly apreciated.

Yvette8610
18th Feb 2009, 10:06
Hi there

Thank you so much for your first hand infos!!

QuintK
18th Feb 2009, 13:18
Hay everyone!
Finally I found a place where I can talk about Etihad! Hehe
Ive gone thru the Interview and passed, and am now waiting for clearance, but its been almost 5 weeks since the (Further Process Letter) was sent to me, however Im really excited to start!

QuintK
18th Feb 2009, 13:22
Hay Nickvan
I take your already working for Etihad, Im just waiting for clearance and then I will start flying with them soon!
Things have been delayed though with the clearance, but getting very excited!

Katka Patka
18th Feb 2009, 13:39
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, but its been really helpful so far, as i read almost all the pages... :)
I am another one of the large group i believe that got the "Redraw Offer" email from EK :( sadly, but...nothing i can do.
Az many others i am about to go to EY AD in about 10 days and if i have to be hones after looking both companies, i do believe i would like to be working for EY more than EK, but that is just me. Also Abu Dhabi seems to have a lot more stile than Dubai... If i had to choose, EY would be, and that is my chance.
I would like to say THANKS to all who were kind enough to share their experience.
One of my questions is the same as Romell's. Is it better if we say we did pass all the stages for EK, or its better to keep it for ourselves.
Any other opinion is appreciated, as the only one i got so far from a lady that suppose to be the manager of the agency here is that can cost a regection of my application, so for me, i think i will keep quite, that got regected at the final stage due to the world economy.
What makes me worried is, that i already have all the medicals and vaccines done. If i pass all the stages for EY, wouldnt they find it strange i have all the nessesary medicals done 2 months in prior. Would that be any disadvantage.
Thank you all so very much. Keep your fingers crossed on the 4th of April for me (i already have an invitation) :O, and, as i am very possitive i do believe i will meet you all in Abu Dhabi :)

P.S. I do have another question. It is about the references they are asking for. Do they have to be just a contact details, or they do need a LETTER OF REFERENCES. I can get them, but it will kind a hard as most managers i have been working with are from different countries, and i can ask them to write and send them to me, but the signature will from scanned document.

Safe flights to all those crew members of EY, the rest, hope we will all make it, if we dont the first time, there will be a next.

Nickvan
18th Feb 2009, 14:14
Yeah im still here with EY...hardly on Pprune forum anymore since I joined about 2 years ago. Just on and off..
Some say recruitment with EK will be at a hault from upto 6-9 months. Its abit of wait for those who want to wait and try again with EK.

janneha
18th Feb 2009, 15:22
Hello. I got through to the finals as well (London Heathrow). Am so nervous that am going to get the no email. Quite relieved when i signed into my inbox today and nothing from etihad yet!
It was a tough day wasn't it? I was number 49 and my number got called last at all the stages!! Nervewracking!

Aren't you surprised about the number that got through the finals?? Jolly good i'd say. Anyway lets keep in touch wateva happens. The recruiters were super nice though!!:)

PS i was going to write my experiances but thanks to busygirl i dont!!!:ok: It was exactly as she described it so please follow that advice. Also try as much to contribute something during the group assessment, of course dont be too dominating.
Superb narration busy girl!!

Good luck everybody.

yucyme
18th Feb 2009, 15:45
Great Janeeha, congrats!
But now you just have to be patient.
Easier said than done, but that is what I am trying to do myself :)
Good luck to you :)

janneha
18th Feb 2009, 16:34
hiya!! Are you waiting for a final answer from etihad as well??!!

Its emotionally draining isn't it??? Good Luck to you too.......:ok:

janneha
18th Feb 2009, 17:14
Well done you!

Thanks for chipping in as well. We've got a decent number got through. They only had 3 got through in portugal (17th Feb). Lets all pray really hard that we ALL get the offer! :)

Hang in there guys!!

EX_EK25
18th Feb 2009, 18:15
well done you guys for getting through the AD. :ok:. once you get that happy to inform email, wait 3 weeks then get in touch with them, if they don't with you. waiting game now. :ugh:

Skywards
19th Feb 2009, 01:12
Hi Guys,

I have a friend who has just called me because she was meant to go to Abu Dhabi in a couple of weeks to work as a Food and Beverage Manager for Etihad. They have just called her to postpone her training for a month after she was meant to leave. I was one of the people who had my offer withdrawn by Emirates, so I think my fears have now transferred to her! Anyone know what this is about or had a similar experience? I'd love to be able to put her mind to rest!

chupachup
19th Feb 2009, 03:46
thanks yvette for the link! i have no idea why i couldn't find it.

and thanks nickvan for posting the latest!

QuintK
19th Feb 2009, 04:55
Hi everyone
To those who are waiting for clearance and an offer letter, I feel your pain, Man its stressfull to wake up in the morning, with the thought that they could phone at any minute, Ive been waiting for 5 weeks for clearance, they say there is a delay, hopefully they will phone this week.

Good luck to those who are, still going thru AD's. Just be yourself and be enthusiastic, it seems they are looking for someone who's easy to talk to to, and feel comfortable around, in other words confidence, go in there and show them your the person for the job!

PS: Crack a joke or two, to ease the mood in the interview!

Tanietta
19th Feb 2009, 07:57
Hi guys,

Congratulations to everyone who had passed the interview. Also me have done that on 26 JAN in Tallinn and still didnt receive any reply. They promised to contact me at the beggining to Feb but nothing. Should i also wait or its better to send them a reminder?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!!!!!! :)

the skys the limit
19th Feb 2009, 07:59
does anyone know if they are strict on BMI's? I have been told that you have to have a BMI of less than 23, is this true? Im desperate to apply but cant as i am over 23. Please help!

daphn3
19th Feb 2009, 08:56
hi all,

Just want to ask if EY is strict when it comes to experience? It is posted in the website that you should have at least 2yrs experience. Will they reject my application if i only had 1year and a half job experience?

And regarding the assessment day, do they have the same process for all countries with assessment schedule?

thanks!:)

fly.high
19th Feb 2009, 10:54
EY is expanding.. a lot.. New destinations this year are: Melbourne, Istanbul, Athens, Chicago, Lagos, a couple of cities in India among others.. More ACs coming this year (thankfully! how can we expand without these ACs?)
So we need more CCs naturally. Been in the academy a few weeks back and training seems to be as active as always, full of new joiners.

Good luck guys! Bring your positive attitude in the company. It will make work easy as well as dealing with people from different culture better:D

QuintK
19th Feb 2009, 13:27
Just wanted to find out, how long did you wait for clearance?

jemimah64
19th Feb 2009, 17:37
Hi,
Anyone else attending the etihad assessment day in Abu Dhabi on Monday, I am and I'm soooo nervous! Just been reading all the posts and sounds like hard work. Got an assessment day for Qatar airwats on Friday so at least i'll kind of know what to expect for that one.
Nice to hear from anyone.
jemimah
xx

Nickvan
19th Feb 2009, 17:44
Was at the training Academy yesterday and it was the busiest ive ever seen it...many new batches starting.

Must remember The training academy is almost at full capacity with the new Cabin Senior Positions been trained. The training will be commencing shortly with the few hundred; approx 400 ex Business and First Class crew.

Thus training the Economy class crew to move upto J and F cabins to fill up the blank positions; this training takes 3 weeks: You also have recurrents; abintio batches.....Together with the transition of HR and Management relocating to the new HQ things are hectic here.
Hence why all these delays.

Hang in there guys

janneha
19th Feb 2009, 20:00
I GOT THE YES EMAIL!!!!
One of the happiest days of my life

Nav747
19th Feb 2009, 20:11
Me TOOO!!!

Wooo Hooo! :ok:

AmeenaBaby
19th Feb 2009, 20:16
Hi jemima64,i wish you best of luck at your assessment!!,i have mine at Barcelona next sunday 22,and believe me if i tell you that i can ¨t even eat because of the nerves,so i actually understand your situation :)...By the way,just be yourself and a bit of good luck,and you ¨ll be part of Etihad team surely,Good luck again and kind regards.

EX_EK25
19th Feb 2009, 22:34
CONGRATULATIONS janneha AND Nav747!!!!!!

Wait those 3 weeks and if they don't get in touch with you get in touch with them. Stoked for the both of you!! :D:D

Nav747
19th Feb 2009, 22:46
Thanks bud! I must say... I really did enjoy the whole assesment day experience... was FAB! Met loads of cool people and Etihad ladies were GREAT!

Guys... my advise to all is what people have said all along - be yourself and show off that Hollywood Smile!

EX_EK25
19th Feb 2009, 23:05
Totally agree with you on that one Nav747!!

Present yourself at your best, and smile smile smile!!

koppe
20th Feb 2009, 01:43
hey fellas! youre ace!! :ok: congrats! and tks for the tips!

jemimah64
20th Feb 2009, 06:31
Hi AmeenaBaby,

I haven't eaten properly all week, my stomach just feels funny because of the nerves and i'm all shaky :(
Good luck in yours, hope it goes well for you.
take care

Sheenab1983
20th Feb 2009, 08:23
Hey Everyone :)

First of all i would like to say congrats to those who got through! Well done :) :D

Second of all i would like to ask a question: I applied online to Etihad roughly two weeks ago. When can i expect to hear a reply? There is an assessment day coming up in my home country but it is not on until April, will it be close to that date when i recieve an invite or will they send me an invite well beforehand?

How do i know if i have not been successful? Is it one of those 'if you have not heard in 6 weeks then consider yourself unsuccessful? :ooh:

I was one of the Emirates withdrawal people. Gut wrenching. I want this so bad... Please god the same wont happen to me again with Ehihad, i couldn't bare it! :{

EX_EK25
20th Feb 2009, 10:29
Hey Sheenab1983,
Thanks for the congratulations! :) Now to your Q's.
With the application and being shortlisted, one usually recieves the shortlist email about 3-4 weeks prior to the AD in their city/home country.

If you make it through the whole day to the final one on one interview, thats awesome! The next part is they will get in touch with you via email with the 'not successful' email or the 'happy to inform you' email. That usually takes 5-6 days, depending on when they are back in AUH. If you are successful then there is more waiting, they say in the email, about 3 weeks. They have to do the clearance checks. If they don't get in touch with you, contact them. Right now they are busy so more than likely you will have to get in touch with them.

Well I hope this answers your questions. :)

ezygaby77
20th Feb 2009, 13:04
Hey Guys!

I´ll see you in Abu Dhabi!!!:ok::O
I´ve got my YES e-mail yesterday toooo!!! I am so happy!

Good luck to everyone

Pitchi
20th Feb 2009, 13:45
Hey janneha and Nav 747,

you did well! Congrats! :D Thank you very much for sharing your experience with all of us who are waiting for the AS and for the 'Yes e-mail'.

We'll keep in touch here. Now enjoy this moment ;)

Hope to meet you in Abu Dahbi :ok:

Warm regards

KEFREN82
20th Feb 2009, 16:10
hi people, i received the yes e-mail waiting for clearence.

I just have known that salary package changed and I would love to know how much a cabin crew is going to earn the first six months and after the six months.

Please if anybody knows, just tell us.

Thank you, bye!!!

janneha
20th Feb 2009, 18:44
thank you foer the felicitations every one!!!

And agaoin congrats to everyone who's got the yes email!

I hope we all meet up in abu dhabi. For everyone who helped with advice and info just want to say THANKS GUYS!!!! EX _EK25 you were fantastic!

I hope we can return the favour, so if anyone has any questions about the assessment day please dont hesitate to PM me and ill do my best to help.

Good night for now:zzz:

EASY 69
20th Feb 2009, 21:31
It might be worth checking here, google airappoint and send them a CV. From what I understand the initial panic of the downturn in the world is starting to subside and organisations are again looking at a small improvement. It won't be huge but at least it's something.

daphn3
21st Feb 2009, 04:21
does anyone here know if they are very strict with the requirements as posted in their website? it says at least 2 years frontline experience. what if i don't have frontline experience? i had a job experience for 1 year and a half but not frontline. do i still have a chance?

please help me. would appreciate your reply. :)

EX_EK25
21st Feb 2009, 09:24
hey janneha, it was my pleasure! :O hope to meet all of you out there in AUH! :ok:

yuja13
21st Feb 2009, 19:24
Hi daphn3 to be honest with you yes they are pretty strict with the minimum requirements i'm not sure if it has to be front line CS but they do want someone with at least minimum 2 yr CS experience. I remember in our AD they kept telling us that if you have CC experience it is defo an advantage but what they are looking is customer service experience.

It won't hurt to try though just apply online and you never know its best to try rather than not at all you, might miss the opportunity and you don't want to regret it. Just give it a go.;) Good luck!

I am also waiting for the call..patiently waiting. :O I hope to see you guys in AUH Congrats to those who made it to the end!. Good luck to those who are going to the AD!!

nuigini
21st Feb 2009, 23:58
My application went into shortlisting status almost two and a half months ago but haven't heard anything since! Is that good or bad?

daphn3
22nd Feb 2009, 13:18
thanks yuja13 for the reply. one more question, does that mean they don't accept fresh graduates if they are that strict with the experience? i really want to try but i'm scared they will reject me for my lack of experience.

anyone here who tried applying with lesser experience than required?

Yvette8610
22nd Feb 2009, 16:11
I got shortlisted although I graduated from the university last year (and don't have relevant customer service experience..at least I think so..:))

Give it a go!;)

yuja13
23rd Feb 2009, 00:13
I'm not really sure what they check when they short list people but what I can tell you at the AD they asked us the minimum requirements , min 21 yo, at least 2 yr CS experience, can swim 25 meter...

But even so just give it a go. Good luck!

daphn3
23rd Feb 2009, 11:45
thank you so much for the encouragement. i'm going to try, i hope i make it. this is really my dream! i also want to fly...

ms.yvette, did you get accepted?

guys, any idea how many weeks it usually takes to know if you got shortlisted?

Yvette8610
23rd Feb 2009, 15:37
I will attend the assessment day on March 6th.:)

guys, any idea how many weeks it usually takes to know if you got shortlisted?in my case - almost 3 weeks

Yvette8610
23rd Feb 2009, 15:40
Anyone else attending the AD in Bucharest (6-7-March)?

seaisland.cg
23rd Feb 2009, 16:59
How did u get the invitation?

(a) by filling in the application form in the site; or
(b) at an open day, or open house event.

I have already fiiled the application, but I haven't been shorlisted. :{

I'd really like to be in SP next 25th or 26th of March!:)

Yvette8610
23rd Feb 2009, 19:54
a ) I've applied online..:)

Good luck to you! Hope you will get that shortlisted message soon!

EX_EK25
23rd Feb 2009, 23:36
hey all, just wondering if anyone is starting their EY training on the 5th of April?! would be nice to at least know someone...let me know :)

cosmopolita
24th Feb 2009, 11:31
Write an e.mail to [email protected] ([email protected])
cause he is the previus recruiter in Brasil.

I went to the open day (I saw an ad in newspaper).
Maybe he can give you more information.
Good luck!

daphn3
24th Feb 2009, 12:17
thanks ms.yvette for the info.

guys, another question. i'm confused on what i should write in the online application for current address. the thing is i'll be in dubai this march, but i want to send my application now since there's a waiting time of approx. 3 weeks, and there's an AD in dubai on the 23rd. if i got shortlisted and receive an email in at least 3weeks, i can attend the said AD.

so guys, any suggestions on what should i fill in the current address? will i still use the address in my home country or can i write my soon-to-be address in UAE? do they inform you on what AD you should attend?

Mike2007
24th Feb 2009, 14:23
hey,

not sure if this is the right place so sorry if its not!

Whats the longest layover you have at Etihad?

and

How long are layovers in the UK?

Cheers

seaisland.cg
24th Feb 2009, 16:29
Thanx u guys that told me to e-mail Ramyro. I've already done that. He told me that there was going to be a last "pre-screening", or "open day" in Campinas SP, but the date was not decided.

I keep looking at the Fly Center site, and also waiting to be shortlisted by the online application.

I keep waiting. I've sent the application on Feb 10th. It's been 14 days until now.:sad:

BlueSkySid
25th Feb 2009, 11:20
Hey Melbournians,

Has anyone been invited yet to the assessment held on the 7th & 8th March?

I'm waiting anxiously to receive some form of confirmation. I've been through all of this before so now it's even more nerve racking espescially if I don't get shortlisted this time around?

It's a relief to see EY is still recruiting for now!

Best of luck to all following the same dream! x

seaisland.cg
25th Feb 2009, 17:09
I keep looking my e-mail and waiting... waiting...:\:confused:

I'ts been 15 days.:{:ooh:

janneha
25th Feb 2009, 18:18
Hi guys!!:)

Quick question for those past the security check stage. I know the whole police check thing takes at least 3 weeks. Just wondering if you know how they contact your references by phone, email or letter????

Also do you get the date of joining before or after you submit the medicals? How much time do they give you to send all the medicals?

:oh:One last question, promise! How long did it take to hear from them regarding the police checks???

Thanks for the help guys! I had no clue the waiting game was nerveracking too!

PS seaisland.cg I Had to wait for over a month before i got the invite. Others got it just a few days before the assessment so the waiting can vary.

EX_EK25
25th Feb 2009, 18:43
With the reference checks, I am not too sure how they contacted mine. Actually I haven't asked them if they were contacted at all.

As for my DOJ, I got that when they called me. When they send you your contract it states the DOJ on it.

For the security checks, they rang me exactly 3 weeks after the happy to inform you email.

Hope this helps. Trust me it is nerve-wrecking but there will be light at the end of the waiting tunnel :)

You will be fine! :ok:

janneha
25th Feb 2009, 18:55
Thanks for the info and positive note :). Did you receive your contract after you sent all the medicals or before?

I know i ask too many questions. Sorry!:O You really have been a fantastic help! Hopefully if everything goes fine for me I'd love to meet you in abu dhabi!!:ok:

EX_EK25
25th Feb 2009, 20:39
firstly just wanted to say, it is no bother helping out! :)

i got my contract before the medical approvals. although it does state on the contract, it is finalised once medical checks are approved by the EY clinic. if you pass your medicals with your GP/Doctor then i do not see why there would be a problem. i have also been told you do another check once in EY anyway.

you have come this far and if you just think positive, relax a bit (i know easier said then done)...you will be fine. before you know it they will be calling you! :ok:

would be great to meet up once in AUH!!! :O

seaisland.cg
25th Feb 2009, 22:08
it makes me think that I was not forgotten!:)

The thing is that I am currently working, and the Assessment Day is in another city, really far from mine.

Also... I'd like to have time to arrange things if I were called (and of course buy tickets with lower fares -- if I buy in advance it costs less than the price to buy days before)

shavine
26th Feb 2009, 01:11
:)Hello evry1, jst new here, does anyone know if etihad will have cabin crew assessment here in Manila?

I have applied online and have submitted my application last october, then I received an email last november, that I have been shortlisted but up to now theres no fone call or email or whatever for the confirmation of my application. Does any1 have an idea wether if I'm still shortlisted or not? or do I have to apply again?

vynbytez
26th Feb 2009, 07:49
hi shavine, i don't think etihad will be recruiting crews from the philippines soon because there are lots of filipino flight attendants currently working for them. if you have the money, then go to the nearest country on which they will have assessment since you are already shortlisted. I'm going to abu dhabi if i get shortlisted like you.:)

EY_hereicome
26th Feb 2009, 08:49
He all, I see how some of you are great help, that's why i tempted to use this forum.
I recently got "the happy email", and i don't know what comes next, R they going to call or email us ? what is the process here.

and how long it usually takes from the time of your email to your start day, or going to AUH ? is it weeks or months

I really appreciate your help guys

and I hope to see u all soon in AUH

auhdreaming
26th Feb 2009, 11:22
Hey there,

I submitted my application through the Etihad Airways website last week and received an acknowledgement. I am still awaiting the invitation to the interview.

want_to_fly
26th Feb 2009, 23:09
Hey guys I got an email 2 days ago and I got shortlisted! Anyone attending the Melbourne interview on 8th of March here? I'm so excited and nervous at the same time!!

For those who got the job with Etihad congratulations! I'm praying hard that my future will definitely be up in the sky soon!

Good luck for those who r attending the assessment days :ok:

FlyBoy1983
26th Feb 2009, 23:42
I just submitted my online application for EY, and now im waiting for an invitation. I am just wondering, how long does it usually take your application to be shortlisted? And how long prior to the assesment day do you receive the invitation for the assesment day?

bek_85
27th Feb 2009, 00:41
Hi All, I am new to this forum but have been reading it will anticipation waiting for my shortlist and invitation email... Well I am happy to report I got both last night. YAY! I am so excited...

Who else here is going to the Melbourne assessment day?

Skywards
27th Feb 2009, 03:52
Hi Guys,

I am usually on the Emirates page, but since they have put all our positions on hold until who knows when, I decided to apply for Etihad. I applied online a couple of days ago and I got my invitation to the Sydney Assesment Day last night. I'm guessing the process is pretty similar to Emirates, but I'll have a look back through this thread for pointers. Good luck everyone! Can't believe I'm going through all this again!

want_to_fly
27th Feb 2009, 07:07
hey Bek I got shortlisted to the melbourne one too. Except mine's on the 8th of March which is on the sunday. Good luck to you and will pray for those who will be attending the assessment day!

Nickvan
27th Feb 2009, 09:13
Hey Mike,

MXP - Longest layover with 99 hours
LHR - 3 Flights a day You will have 2 flights with 19 hour layover and 1 with 36 hours layover.
MAN - Ranging from minimum rest (13hours) to 25 hours & 36 hours depending on the flight.
YVZ - From Mar 29th you will have 51 hours & a 78 hour layover
SYD - 29 hours & a 48 hours
AUH-SIN-BNE-SIN -AUH - 9 days on the roster - 48 hours in 2 of the layovers and 72 hours on the other depending on days of departure.
GVA - You can get upto 72 hours
MSQ & DME - Either 28 & 72 hours

These are just to name a few...

Katka Patka
27th Feb 2009, 09:24
Hi Guys,

I have been reading this forum the last week, updating what is going on around the world with Etihad and AD.
I am about to go for interview on the 4th of March (got an invitation):), but few hours ago, people told me their interviews are canseled:uhoh:.
I am from Bulgaria and this is not confirmed information, but if you heared anything please say something, cos i already received the "redrawing offer" :sad: email from Emirates about 15 days ago, and i dont fancy the idea to get another one but this time from Etihad.

Thanks a lot!!!

EY_hereicome
27th Feb 2009, 11:15
Hi Katka Patka

Etihad is doing Much Much Better than Emirates ... in simple terms Emirates is going down, Etihad Up UP Up ... so no worries and there is a new schedule for CC assessment days on their web

ETIHAD Airways | News | Detail (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/News/Description.aspx?NEWS_ID=18)

they are recruiting till May, almost everyday they add new cities

koppe
27th Feb 2009, 12:44
Calm down mate! Well.. I dont know if they've cancelled your AD in Bulgaria, but I find it hard to believe .. unless they didn't get enough applicants.. anyway, the same won't happen to Etihad, this one fact may support my idea, here in Porto Alegre/Brazil we were gonna have one AD and now it's been extended to two AD's. Besides, EY is still expanding routes and destinations. Good news for us! :E Positive thinking!!:ok:
and by the way, the layovers look brilliant!!!:} Thanks for the info Nickvan!

janneha
28th Feb 2009, 06:41
I took 2 written references with me which is what they require. Make sure that the letters include both confirm your role and responsiblities at the company and obviously positive personality traits as well.

You not taking it on the day will certainly delay your application but if can't have it ready on time they ask you to send it to them later by email.

Hope that helps:)

Good luck

Yvette8610
28th Feb 2009, 15:09
Hi Katka,

There is a rumour going about this matter in my country, as well. Some people say that the AD scheduled for the 6th and 7th of March are going to be postponed. However I don't know from where does this rumour originate, it's neither official nor confirmed..yet..

Anyway, as far as we don't get any message from Etihad..we don't need to worry.

kminns
28th Feb 2009, 16:14
Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian and sent in my application online just last weekend.

As I don't see many people posting from Canada or the US on here, and no Assessment Days scheduled, I'm wondering if Etihad is still accepting applicants from these countries?

I'm hoping to hear something back from the online application soon!

clarebear
28th Feb 2009, 23:36
Hi Skywards

I am attending the sydney assesment day to! So i guess ill see you there. I also did Emirates, with the same result-on hold:ugh:
Anyway i am excited about sydney

yuja13
1st Mar 2009, 02:06
hi sorry to tell you that you just missed the AD in Toronto. There was an AD last Feb 6th here in TO and Feb 8th in New York.

If you sent your application online you will hear from them when an upcoming assessment is scheduled. So just check the website for the AD schedules from time to time so you can anticipate when they will contact you. Maybe another one will be sched in the summer time.

Good luck!

Yvette8610
1st Mar 2009, 09:20
Hi everyone,

The AD (scheduled for the 6th and 7th March) has been officially canceled:{

Does anyone experience the same in other countries?

auhdreaming
1st Mar 2009, 11:05
Hello Sydney people,

I submitted my application on Sunday, 22 February 2009 and received an acknowledgment via email the next day.

I've been checking the EY Careers website and my status remains APPLIED.

Would you mind sharing your experience and outline the timeframes from when you applied to being shortlisted and invited for the Assessment Day?

I am considering emailing the Human Resource Team to check on the progress of my application. They have included an email address in the acknowledgement I received.

What say you?

iio78
1st Mar 2009, 11:45
hi guys just to keep u apdated in romania etihad canceled the interview for 6th and 7th march, just this morning

Yvette8610
1st Mar 2009, 12:08
Yeah, unfortunately...:(

Katka Patka
1st Mar 2009, 17:45
Hi guys,

Unfortunately i got an email telling me that the interview is canceled...no real reason why..., but no interview.
Do you know if we can attend in another country or not, and how do we apply to do it that way.
Thanks a lot.

koppe
1st Mar 2009, 20:00
hey guys, im sorry about the cancelations. iv just seen assessment dates for romania on the career website.. 6th and 7th.. have they cancelled those ones? :suspect:
but anyway, if u really want it you might be able to do it in a different country... why dont you give them a call or email them
to check it out? theyre doing it around lots of places in europe next month! and probably there werent enough applicants in your countries.. who knows.. :ok: be positive!! :ok:

Skywards
1st Mar 2009, 20:47
clarebear: No doubt we will see a few of us emirates 'on-holders' there! So what are your thoughts on telling them about the emirates situation?

Auhdreaming: I submitted the application on Monday night (23rd) and they emailed me back on the Wednesday night, which I got on Thurs morning. No harm in contacting them though! So you got the email saying they are considering you but not the invitation email?

EX_EK25
1st Mar 2009, 21:09
hey to all those in Romania, sorry to hear thought your AD's have been cancelled. the other shortlisted applicants from other countries having ADs this month (march) have not said if theirs has been cancelled as well. fingers crossed that it may be because of lack of applicants. see if you are able to transfer your AD to another country - email them.

hope those who have DOJ's don't get cancelled as well! just got to think positive!

Yvette8610
1st Mar 2009, 21:49
Thanks..I am going to send them a mail right now..:) Yeah, they have canceled the assessments scheduled for the 6th and 7th of March..:sad:

Yvette8610
1st Mar 2009, 21:52
They have canceled the Bulgarian AD, as well not only the Romanian..:sad:

auhdreaming
1st Mar 2009, 23:32
skywards:

thanks for answering my question. awesome that they'd invited you pretty much immediately after your submission.

all i've got was the acknowledgement saying my application is received (automated response)

status on the careers page remains APPLIED.

i hope to get my invitation today!

thanks again :)

RoyBoy78
2nd Mar 2009, 08:33
For those AU potential crew with Etihad (oh so exciting!!!), does anyone know of the living arrangements over there?? It states that they provide 'shared accommodation'. DO you have the option of flying hansolo, even if you're prepared to pay the difference for those that like their own space. Further, Does anyone know what the exchange rate is AUD = ??? :hmm:

ashlea
2nd Mar 2009, 08:48
Living arrangements for cabin crew means you will be sharing with 1, possibly 2 other people of the same gender. You can request how many people you want to live with and in what building.. although the more requirements you specify the longer it's going to take obviously. And, I think now new joiners will be moved directly into the new building near the airport without much of a say. I've heard it's a great building, everything brand new.. it's just out of the city, so inconvenient if you don't have a car.

I don't think welfare/housing would allow for a situation where you "pay the difference" to have your own place. Those entitled to their own place are only Cabin Managers and flight crew.

AED is tied to the USD, so the rate sits at 3.67. For other currencies, such as AU etc, I suggest getting rates on Oanda.com

clarebear
2nd Mar 2009, 09:06
Hi AUH dreaming

I have an invitation to the assesment day in sydney i have had for weeks now! hope you are going!!

auhdreaming
2nd Mar 2009, 11:41
hey clarebear,

thanks! i tried to call earlier however i was advised the HR department have finished for the day.

i am going to give them a call tomorrow and find out if i am able to make it on thursday.

hope to see you there!

lexie123
2nd Mar 2009, 12:11
Hi, Just wondering if anyone else is going to the Etihad assessment day in Perth on the 10th March??

seaisland.cg
2nd Mar 2009, 13:06
auhdreaming, or clarebear,

can you give me the Human Resources phone number?

Do people speak English?

Thanx

koppe
2nd Mar 2009, 15:19
hey seaisland person! have u filled out the application form on etihad's website?? im asking cause i have and got shortlisted yesterday, now waiting for invitation confirmation.. although ive got one already!! :ok:
you know, we got open houses with fly center and i got through with them... but i had applied already through the website.. so ill be there anyway.. so what i mean is that you can get an invitation if they shortlist you and like your application even though youve missed the open day.:}
boa sorte!

Katka Patka
2nd Mar 2009, 15:33
Hi Guys,

Please let me know what should i do to attend Etihad's interview in a different country? :confused:
They cancelled the interview in Bulgaria too.:ugh:
Yvette8610, are you planning to go else where or? At the moment for me Prague looks the best option, i just want to see how the AD around the world are going.
Is it possible they dont want to hire people from Bulgaria and Romania at the moment, and this to be the reason for the cancelation? I wouldn't want to go to another country to hear "NO" just because of my country of origin.
Thanks!!!

Good luck to all that expecting the AD soon.

seaisland.cg
2nd Mar 2009, 16:19
:(

I haven't been shortlisted...

I want to go to the open day 14/03, but the problem is $$$$$$$$$$$

Muita sorte para você por lá!

German80
2nd Mar 2009, 19:07
hey yucime we where together in ny AD...but i dont know who are you...ja ja
im still waiting the call...(and this "waiting game"...is killing me..ja)
And you?

Yvette8610
2nd Mar 2009, 23:24
Hi Katka,

Yeah, I am planning to attend the AD in Prague..because as you've already said it is the best option for us..

I don't know the reason for the cancelations but I really hope that we would have the same chance like the Czech guys if we attend the AD there..:)

Good luck!

Sheenab1983
3rd Mar 2009, 08:32
I got this email reply last night:

"Please be advised your application has been shortlisted on 2/3/2009. At this time your application will be forwarded to the appropriate department for further review. If we are able to secure an interview, we will contact you. If the department isn't interested in an interview at this time, you will be notified by email.

The details of the job you have applied are:
Job Code: CC01
Job Title: Cabin Crew
Department: Crew Management
Description: "

Is this standard course?

Around the world
3rd Mar 2009, 08:54
hii!!! i'm one of the crew in a competitor airline in the gulf!! just to tell the romanian and bulgarian girls: they cancelled their interview maybe because etihad knows already how romanians and bulgarians have horrible attitude (80%), i'm flying with them all the time they are.......:ugh::mad:,and they treat passengers like:oh:, they fight with the crew most of the time!!!!!!! no offence

Yvette8610
3rd Mar 2009, 09:10
You should never generalize in such a way even though your conceptions are based on some experiences..

andrahoney
3rd Mar 2009, 09:58
I don t think that they cancelled because of that,and surely it s not true.There are a lot of romanians cabin crew,especially girls...but i think maybe there are to much...i don t know.I have a lot of romanian cabin crew friends who are in Etihad and they are quite a big comunity.So don t be vicious

Katka Patka
3rd Mar 2009, 10:06
No offence ofcourse, but i do agree with Yvette8610. You can not generalize like that.
I have been working as a host for few years, and all i have as a feedback is that i have excelent customer service...and that is from the customer comment cards i have reseived, not just words of friends, so if the reason for cancellation is what are you saying...that is harrasment. From what i have seeing as people around the world, cos i have been working on ships and have seen a lot of people, i can say that Canadians are the roodest and most arogant people i have seen...but ofcourse i have Canadian friends, cos you cant just say that for all of them.
Anyway, i just think you have to be more carefull how you expressing yourself and not judging people from where are they coming from.
And dont get me wrong, there are girls with horrible attitude from Bulgaria, Romania, from where are you coming from and in every country in the world.
Now the important part of this post.
What we have to do, to attend EY interview in Prague??? Anyone that could give us an idea? It will be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks a lot!!!
Yvette8610, do you have an idea how we can do that. We can go to Prague, but if we dont know the location...if we dont have an invitation, can we still go?

Yvette8610
3rd Mar 2009, 10:58
I have sent you a private message..:)

auhdreaming
3rd Mar 2009, 11:44
I called Etihad today and checked my application. Within the hour, I received an email advising me that I've been shortlisted.

Within two minutes, I received an invitation via email to attend the AD this Thursday, 5 March 2009!

The contact telephone number is listed in their website, but I do not recommend calling unless you absolutely have to. Check and check again your application to ensure it is indeed COMPLETE. It clearly states that if it ain't complete, it's not gonna progress.

Also wanted to add, there are rude, angry people everywhere in the world. Generalising ain't cool.

Only the best to all!

bomboklat
3rd Mar 2009, 12:34
Hey all,

I've applied for the cabin crew position about two weeks ago, I didnt receive an invitation untill this morning. The funny thing is that on my workspace my status is still : Applied. :confused:. I didnt receive a shortlist notifiction email just received the invitation email. is that ok? the invitation states my name too. I did ring them the previous day so that they could review my application. Now Im not sure if it is because i also applied through an agency who sent my resume to them. just a bit confused. Did i get it through the agency or through the etihad careers website. There is no messages in my workspace. just an email directly to my inbox. Im Really confused. Can anyone tell me if they also have the invitation message in their workspace on the etihad careers web site. I thank you for your help.

koppe
3rd Mar 2009, 13:00
Hey! Im more or less on the same boat mate! I've applied through an agency in Brazil and got invited .. although no dates and place confirmed yet, and now I got an invitation directly from etihad saying I was shortlisted and to confirm what city I'd like to go to.:p
But they're two separate things and I'm with two invitations in my hands! :E well.. im not sure if thats good though! I'll carry on with them and the the agency.. I dont want to have to explain things to Etihad or to the agency... I guess I did my part applying for it! twice! hehe! anyway bomboklat.. you shouldn't worry about your status as long as you get an invitation . even if u get 2 or 3... heheh!:8
Hey and good luck for the fellow Romanians and Bulgarians!! Don't bother with silly speculation about your case.. go after it! good vibes from Brazil for you!:ok: "where there is will .. there is a way"

sil1233
3rd Mar 2009, 14:11
hey Ppruners!!

does anyone know how much time does it take to hear back from EY after you send in your medical reports?

thanks

iio78
3rd Mar 2009, 15:32
u shouldn't be in bed by now u freak this is al bakker posting, run to your accomodation and smile during the process. qatar competitor what a joke... and if i remember i don't think u are allowed to post here... smile now or u will be fired... evil hahaha

FltSftygrad
3rd Mar 2009, 15:34
Anyone going to the March 15th AD in Abu Dhabi? Ive been invited so getting things together.

Also, I have read the previous posts on feedback of the AD but anyone who's been recently, would love to hear from you on what your day was like. Looks like they might have changed the way they have beein doing things.

Any feedback would be brilliant!!!!
Thanks

yucyme
3rd Mar 2009, 15:38
Around the World person, :ouch:
stop posting such immature crap on this site!:ugh:
Who are you to judge?
Bulgarian and Romanian people are smart and hardworking, and I am sure that is not a reason behind cancellation!
Stop posting please!!
This network is created to exchange info and for support , not to spread negative and immature comments!:yuk:
So no more please!!!
Much appreciated!:E

Oh, and one more thing, I support any member of cabin crew, cause we are all in the same boat, and I am happy to see you girls from Qataria looking so pretty at the airport in your beautiful uniforms.
So be good or be good at it!

FltSftygrad
3rd Mar 2009, 16:31
Go Virginia!

Pitchi
3rd Mar 2009, 18:54
Hey, mates!

I was just shortlisted and received the AD invitation e-mail from EY wich is going to be on March 28th, but I have one question:

the passport photo must be smiling or serious faced? :confused:

Any feedback will be wellcome ;)

http://static.pprune.org/images/icons/winksbuddie.gif
To Yvette8610, andrahoney and Katka Patka,
girls, good luck with your plans! As far as I know, there is no problem about joining the AD in another country. Keep going! Remember that the sky is huge and there are place to everyone!
Very nice vibes from Brazil :ok:

Megan26
3rd Mar 2009, 18:59
Heyy Guys!:)

Just a quick query, ive applied for Etihad last night and sent my application off, does anyone know how long they take before emailing you back? also im 20 and turning 21 in october! will this be a problem? as iv heard that you can apply and if all goes well, you join when you are 21! is that true?

Thank you!!!

Nickvan
3rd Mar 2009, 19:04
Guys once you come online and start flying you will tell the difference with each Nationality. Therefore mainly put into certain categories & generalised.
I know its sad & not nice but its true, itll make more sence when you start flying and seeing things for yourselves.
I can tell you guys which crew from which Countries are this and that but I wont.

In training you will be taught on Cross Culture Awareness....Alot of crew come from different backgrounds, upbringings etc etc.....so be prepared.

yucyme
3rd Mar 2009, 20:17
Nickvan,
I agree that the multicultural cabin crew is quite a special brew.
A little bit of everything, as you said.
But what annoys me is that the comment was totally uncalled for, given that these people from mentioned countries are looking for info and advice.
I am no forum police, and not here to win a popularity contest.
But for someone to come up and basically say "your AD was cancelled cause your personality sucks" just make the hair on back of my neck stand up.:*
And then of course there goes the "no offence" part that is supposed to make it all better. NOT
Just my 2 Dhs.

Good luck all

Yvette8610
3rd Mar 2009, 21:04
Auhdreaming, Koppe, Pitchi, Yucyme...thank you, guys..:)

I am sure you are right Nickvan and thanks for your post but one should know to express his/her own opinion in a proper way..and not stating such things which are quite " in the air", gratuitous..

Good luck to all of you!

BlueSkySid
4th Mar 2009, 06:40
bek85
want_to_fly
bomboklat

Hey guys,

I've been waiting anxiously for days to receive an invite after being short listed 26/02/09, but I didn't think to check my email account. I just assumed I would receive all emails via EY account application.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all on saturday. It's going to be a long day... I should know! lol

FltSftygrad
4th Mar 2009, 06:56
Hey Guys......anyone else scheduled to go to the March 15th AD in AUH??? Also, The invite states preofessional attire and I emailed asking if there was a preference for a skirt suit vs a pant suit and was told there was no preference.....However, what is the consensus on here???

Any feedback on AD Days will be appreciated....detailed ones please....

Ta!

BlueSkySid
4th Mar 2009, 07:31
Prepare yourself so that you are dressed as if you are going for an office job. As long as it's 'business attire' which can be either suit pants or skirt. If you can wear similar colour stockings to those of cabin crew, polished shoes either flats or heals (court shoes if you have them?) etc.

Hope this helps you a little... Best of luck! x

FltSftygrad
4th Mar 2009, 08:16
Thanks BlueSkySid.....appreciate the feedback. I see you have ur AD this Saturday???

Hope you will be kind enough to post your feedback on here for us :O

zerozol
4th Mar 2009, 09:37
FltSftygrad,

according to some experiences i heard over the last months and on several forums, navy blue or black coloured skirt suit, knee-long is very advisable! :) with a nice nylons, skin-coloured.
hope you succeed!

KEFREN82
4th Mar 2009, 10:12
Zero,
the same for boys??? hahahhahahahahahaahh :}:}:}:}:}:}

Pitchi
4th Mar 2009, 12:43
Hey guys,

you that are preparing to the AD : your passport photos are smiling or serious faced? I'm preparing my doc's :8

Any feedback will be wellcome :)

xoxo

Tenacious
4th Mar 2009, 14:29
Hi Guys

Do any of you know how many cadets pilots Etihad Airways are taking on with no experience till the next stop?And can anyone tell me what the contact numbers for Etihad HR is I tried calling them in Abu Dhabi and there is no answer also what hours do you call them at?I phoned Etihad in Johannesburg and they can't even give me the number for the HR recruitment for cadet pilots:mad:. Further more could you guys give me a contact number to reach them where you've got through to mine could maybe be wrong even an email address would help please you guys if you have the information help me out...:sad:

zerozol
4th Mar 2009, 14:35
Tenacious,

there is an Etihad Cadet Pilot topic somewhere, search it, i'm sure they can give you accurate infos! :)

Pitchi,

a nice, not-so-much smile is an advance!

KEFREN,

if you look amazing in a skirt, why not! :) anyway, of course the same colour for boys! and not a Disney-tie, but something decent, elegant! :)

Yvette8610
4th Mar 2009, 14:43
Zerozol, have you applied for the position of cabin crew within Etihad, as well?

Pitchi
4th Mar 2009, 15:00
Zerozol,
thank you very much for the information :ok:, I'll do my best :8

Good luck to all of you ;)

bomboklat
4th Mar 2009, 16:33
Koppe
Blueskysid and every one, i wish you all the luck for the coming assesment days wherever it may be. Just dress business while being elegant, make sure you feel comfortable in what you wear. For girls its recommended to wear closed shoes not open toe ones. its more professional as you wouldnt wear open toe shoes as a cabin crew on a plane. for you hair i would recommend to be in a bun. Try not to leave it down as it doesnt look professional and you will have the tendency to play with your hair :ugh:. do not wear strong frangrances.

For the guys is what i would like to know. Anyone here know the grooming standard for EY? I'm talking mainly about the HAIR. I know for a fact that Emirates doesnt allow you to have your hair too short unless you are naturally bald. How about if you have your clippers on 0 when you cut your hair, Does EY have something stated on this on it's grooming standard? I like my hair really short as it looks a lot neater. I currently work for a 5 star entreprise where providing excellent Customer service is a must and maintaing your professional image is crucial. I never had any managers who wrote a bad grooming report about it. If it suits your face then there should be no problem hey? I still want to make sure if there is something about short hair written in the etihad grooming std? Anyone who can enlighten this for me please.:confused:

zerozol
4th Mar 2009, 19:38
Yvette,

no, i didn't apply (yet). i just gathered a lot of information...
is it you, from the hungarian forum? :)
actually i have to do things in my country, plus, i don't know if i would go for EK or EY... :)

Pitchi,

de nada, boa noite! :)

bomboklat,

wow, a really good question! as far as i know (and suppose), in this field (as in many others) EY is the same as EK: grooming standard is quite strict...
but, and this i suppose as well, on assesment days it is not a problem if the lenght of your hair is'n according to standards (same for the girls with short hair) - if you succeed and if they really require, after weeks of waiting you can just get your hair longer, no prob. :)
and don't believe to the proverb: long on hair, short on brain. :)
anyway, i think looking neat and lenght aren't linked together... when i had longer hair, it was always (and looked) neat and well groomed...

Yvette8610
4th Mar 2009, 20:54
Yeah, it's me..and I guess you are the same guy (z) who has posted a lot of messages there ..:)

It seems you have already gathered tons of information..:ok:

Katka Patka
4th Mar 2009, 22:45
Hey Guys,

Good luck at the AD's tomorrow!!!
Let us know did it go. We will keep our fingers crossed for you.

angucci
5th Mar 2009, 09:34
does anyone know where the eithad interview is in Perth and at what time. Please let me know

koppe
5th Mar 2009, 12:40
good day guys. :uhoh: I have bad news. they'v'e cancelled our assessment day in Brazil..
Ive just received an email stating that the cancelation was due to some internal administrative s@#%.
Oh well, not much we can do about it since here in South America Brazil was the only country being visited. Just have to wait for a new interview.
I just don't understand why there are so many dates left, and new ones, to lots of other places.. hey yvette did you get through with them? are you going to prague?I might take a flight to europe and do the same!:suspect:

Katka Patka
5th Mar 2009, 13:07
I am so sorry to hear this Koppe.

No matter how many people are saying there is no crisis at EY, they probably feel it too.
Same as Yvette8610 I am planning to attend in Prague, but still havent found out how to do that. And lets see how things will be going, they may cancel most of thier interviews.
Sorry again this is happening to you. I know exactly how it feels, but we may see eachother in Prague :)
Good luck with everythign else you are pursuing!

KEFREN82
5th Mar 2009, 13:21
Do you think that it is due to crisis???? I hope to join Etihad before of crisis problems...

Pitchi
5th Mar 2009, 15:17
Hey, mates,
as Koppe wrote, the AD was really cancelled in Brazil :( We don't know the real reasons for that but we can imagine: the world crisis! I got shocked and disappointed :{

I'll wait to hear news from them, anyway I asked them to keep my file in their data base. I'm not going to try in another country, cause we don't know what is going to happen now. Maybe they are going to cancel other events (it's not a wish, pls) as EK, we don't know.

I'll keep confident that things are going to get better in a couple of months and we'll be all together in Abu Dahbi ;)

Well, very good luck to everyone and, pls, let us know about how are things going 2U.

Kind regards

Yvette8610
5th Mar 2009, 16:14
Hello guys,

I am sorry, as well to hear that they have canceled your AD:(

I have emailed them but I haven't got any response yet..Maybe it takes them more days to reply, don't know..:confused:

If you opt for attending an assessment in Europe, hope to meet you in Prague!:ok:

Best wishes to all of you,

Yvette

mugunza
5th Mar 2009, 18:09
OH MY GOD!!!!

Whata hell is going on? I was so excited about that AD in Porto Alegre... I wish that they don´t cancel anothers AD arround the globe. If they do... :{ it obviously be a "crisis" stuff... :ugh:

Skywards
5th Mar 2009, 21:35
Hi Guys,

Went to the Sydey assesment day yesterday, and it was fantastic. It was actually better than Emirates I think...the ladies were so down to earth and friendly. They provided morning tea and lunch, and there wasn't huge waiting times like there was with Emirates. They created a much more comfortable evironment and everything was done in the one day.

I got through to final interview, so I am very happy and excited. We prob won't hear from them for about two weeks, they said they usually get back within a couple of days! But because they are going to Melbourne and Perth obviously they won't be back in Abu Dhabi for a week or so. So more waiting!

Some info on dress/hair: Almost all girls that got through were wearing KNEE LENGTH skirts but a couple had pants (some girls rocked up in mini skirts?!but got knocked out in the first round). And one guy that made it to the final interviews had a shaved head, so that is obviously fine by them.

With the passport photos it can be either smiling or serious. I took both in case and they said either one is fine-they had no preference. So I went with smiley, gave a better impression I thought!

Angucci: I don't think you can just arrive without an invite. Someone did that and got turned away. No point in trying to find out where/when it is if you are not invited, they most likely won't let you in!

If anyone has anyone questions, ask away!
Also, I stupidly forgot to ask the recruiters about the effect of the economic crisis! If anyone is going to Melbourne please ask for me! I went through the withdrawal from Emirates after paying my medicals-so I couldn't stand for that to happen again!! Good luck everyone!

Pitchi
5th Mar 2009, 23:39
Yvette, dear, thank you for the words, I'm still shocked, but we have nothing to do now. I'm not going to Prague, cause I'm afraid about new cancellation and I want to save money right now. I'm confident that something good is coming for us, they're going to schedule new AD's ;)
Very good luck to you, we'll keep in touch here :ok:

Skywards,
nice hearing from you! I've got very happy with the news! In fact, I forgot to ask about the events in Australia in my last post :ugh: I was curious about that! Well I think it can be a nice sign! Besides thank you very much about the passport photo style and grooming confirmation :ok:

Well, mates I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for all of us. Everything is goign to be fine :D

I wish you all the best. Warm regards :zzz:

auhdreaming
6th Mar 2009, 01:12
Yay! Very happy that you got through Skywards. I, on the other hand was knocked out after the English test.

Approximately 70 people were invited (not an open day) and there were surprisingly almost an equal number of men and women. The assessment day included those who'd applied for their onboard F&B people which is cool.

Three ladies from the recruitment team were there. Not as friendly as the one from the DXB airline at the open day I attended last month but friendly enough. Honestly felt a couple of them had a bit of an attitude.

We registered at 8:30am: 214cm reach test, handed in a passport photo along with a registration form, CV/resume, marked on a diagram the location of your tattoo and a brief chat about current/previous jobs. The lady asked if I had customer service experience.

Introduction of the three airline representatives. Presentation about the company, its achievements and goals. Major projected growth!

English test. Two parts: multiple choice (20 minutes) and two essay questions (20 minutes)

Multiple choice is easy enough. Fill in the blanks with appropriate words from provided list etc. It's easy enough for careless mistakes so read carefully. Don't freak out.

Essays. Sigh. This is where I think I ****** up.

Question one: I don't recall cause I thought it was the harder question, so I started with question two. I completed it though.

Question two: Briefly write about the time you provided good customer service. (I paraphrase)

In hindsight, I think I rattled on too much. It was too long and unnecessary. I realise now that the "English test" essay questions provided the recruiters answers to weed out those without clear written ideas of customer service. Not spelling, grammar and such that I was focussing on.

Suggestion: Take your time. Read the questions twice. Don't try to impress. Be BRIEF. Succinctly provide them with your views. Breathe.

About an hour later you return to the room and they call out names of those who made it through. Those not selected leave. It was hard for me to leave but I had to.

I will apply again in six months. I will keep both DXB and AUH on my radar and I look forward to being successful.

Congrats again Skywards. Keep us updated!

zerozol
6th Mar 2009, 09:43
hi peep!

Yvette, yep, it's me. :)

Y and Others, don't give up, go ahead and succeed!

z

wajdute
6th Mar 2009, 11:08
hey everyone,

Sorry to hear about all the cancellations :confused:. All these news left me a bit warried. I have gone through assesment day in Vilnius and got the happy to inform you letter, and it's been 5 weeks and nothing happens :confused: I have sent them about one million emails asking about the status or any news at all..no responce...nothing...Hope that it does not have anything to do with crisis and stuff... Fingers crossed, but I would think twice befor puting so much efort and money to go to another country for the assessment day :(

Well anyways.. good luck to all of us :ugh:

Yvette8610
6th Mar 2009, 13:20
Skywards, congratulations !!

Auhdreaming, thank you very much for the infos and good luck for the next time!

mellymoo
6th Mar 2009, 13:40
Hi everyone,

had assessment day in Feb 09 in LHR, was told succesful in letter from Recruitment, was wondering how long from then does it take for security clearances etc?

When I worked for Emirates it took from interview to boarding the plane a total of 3 months!!

Was wondering about Etihad?:oh:

yucyme
6th Mar 2009, 14:08
hey, I passed NYC interview and since happy to inform you email, have been waiting almost 3 weeks now. 3 weeks ends sunday and frankly, I am losing my mind. :sad:
How come they didn't call you after 5 weeks???? :confused:
have you tried calling them??
This is very frustrating. :hmm:
I am also in touch with people from Toronto A.D that took place at the same time and they are all waiting too. There is around 15 of us all together.
I wish I was more patient :ugh:
Keep me posted will you?

janneha
6th Mar 2009, 14:40
hi guys

From the london assesment 16th feb. Been waiting for just over 2 weeks now. My email says to contact them if i have not heard anything for 3 weeks. Everyone who has waited for that long should give them a quick ring i suppose.

I read on the other forums that there are no training courses for the month of may and this might be the cause of the delays.

For those who already called, please give us some feedback :)

God bless

TB23
6th Mar 2009, 14:51
I think they will contacted us when they work out the training dates whether it be June or July. It's no use contacting us all now just to say they will contact us again in a few weeks to tell us an actual doj.

It isn't nice having to wait to know if this is actually going to happen - but they are carrying on with most the assessment days. If they weren't plannin on collecting numbers for training then surely they would have stopped all assessment days.

janneha
6th Mar 2009, 15:12
the latter post makes perfect sense to me. Ah well, cheers to a bit more waiting lads and lasses:)

yucyme
6th Mar 2009, 15:14
where did you read there is no training in the month of may?
well, in any way the AD was in Feb, my logic was the doj should be mid to end of april... at least that was kind of the pace, 2 months from AD to AUH
please post link if you have it.
many thanks!!!

janneha
6th Mar 2009, 15:17
CabinCrew.com: Etihad news (http://www.cabincrew.com/ccnetwork/forum_posts.asp?TID=34494&PN=1)

You can get all the info about latest developments on there

yucyme
6th Mar 2009, 15:32
:ouch:wow, this just put a cloud over my whole day

FltSftygrad
6th Mar 2009, 17:22
Hi there,
p.m'd u.

paul_ve
6th Mar 2009, 20:51
I was reading through the forum trying to find out where the AD was going to be held and just show up :O
And then I find up that it was cancelled? nooo :uhoh:

Anyway I´m going to the QR openday in Rio.. do you plan to attend that too?

rgds,

Paul

Skywards
6th Mar 2009, 22:09
Janneha: Thanks for the link that is new (but not so exciting) info. No training between mid April and June! That means people who went to the Aussie assesment days won't get there until probably July or something! Oh goodness I see the Emirates situation happening all over again! I guess it's best to wait and see if I get an offer before I start fretting about medical expenses! But I can't go through this again...:ugh:

Someone going to the Aussie assesment days, please ask them about this?!

Pitchi
6th Mar 2009, 23:39
Hello, mates!

Paul_ve,
I was shortlisted and 2 days before that (yesterday, March 5th) I received an e-mail from EY telling that the AD in Brazil was cancelled, but didn't said the reason or the new schedule :ugh: It means we'll have to wait :{
I applied at QR website to join the Open/Assessment Day in São Paulo on March 28th, but don't know if only candidates shorlisted can show up :confused:
Did you apply QR? Were you shorlisted?

Janneha,
thanks for the link, you are sensational :=, I used it to get information about the QR Open Day in Brazil. I guess it can be a way ;) Do you know anything about QR?

Very good luck to all of you, fellows :zzz:

paul_ve
7th Mar 2009, 01:19
well Pitchi, it is a open day.. anyone can go.. I did so two years ago when i went to an EK OD.. sadly at that opportunity i didn´t stay for the whole screening process cuz I was still in college..

hope to see you down there then! perhaps i´ll be the only venezuelan :}

dziulik
7th Mar 2009, 07:53
Hello ppl! :D

I just read all info about cancelled traning from april till june, and i am sad..very sad.. :ugh:
I still haven't received any email, although it's been 5 weeks.. I decided to call them tomorrow.. Because, they told us, to let them know about ourselves in 3 weeks.
I need to know, if i will get this job for sure, or not. I don't know it! I want to plan my life and now i am in the middle of nowhere .Okey, if situation is tough and they stopped accepting people, they could just inform about it, like "you must wait till june and so on"..
I really want to work for etihad, i already worked as a cabin crew for 4 years and now my wings are cut:(
:sad::ooh:

janneha
7th Mar 2009, 08:40
Hi guys,

I think that they have not got enough people for the training for may which is why they have resheduled it starting june. They are definately not doing an emirates.

The girl who got a call to push her date further didn't want to join the april 12th class which is why her date was pushed to june. So they are having difficulty filling their classes.

Less than 20 people attended at their assessment in portugal and they ended up with 4 for the final interview, that is wasting time and expenses. This might have been a reason they cancelled other assessment days.

There would probably be more waiting but don't get discouraged. Etihad is an amazing company and the recruiters were absolutely fantastic.:)

BlueSkySid
7th Mar 2009, 09:35
Hey guys...

Just an update regarding todays assessment... a little disappointed after being eliminated after the english tests along with 14 others out of 25 that showed up today.

We went through the same process auhdreaming briefed us on a previous post.

English test - 2 parts. Multiple choice and a two question essay given 20 minutes for each part to complete.

First test had four parts to it. I struggled with part 4 filling in the missing words because it wasn't easy. If I'm correct the title was 'The Wathers Brothers' or something along those lines? It contained 3 paragraphs if I remember correctly with 12 missing words to complete.

This experience has given me the opportunity to be more prepared for the next time around...