PDA

View Full Version : Etihad - Wannabes & Recruitment IV

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Dyanara
24th Jun 2009, 08:44
How did you found out your training date? Celeste told you when you called her or they called you before?

Thanks!!!

KARLMADONIAS
24th Jun 2009, 08:48
HI everyone, can somebody tell me what should i include in my resume for first timer to become a cabin crew, im doing graphics and advertising so all my resume will only shows that....anyone pls tell me what should i include, thank you... and btw is etihad airways are recruiting a new crew.??

fingers xd
24th Jun 2009, 08:51
I rang Celeste and she asked me to ring back next day so I did and she gave me the training date! I was v lucky!

lovelysmile
24th Jun 2009, 08:52
Vertigowerty - nevertheless congrats on getting through!!! Did they mention a possible starting date for you guys on your AD? Some wannabes said earlier on this forum that they are looking for Greek, Turkish and Arabic speakers...so maybe the other foreign languages do not count as much for the moment?

Edforce1
24th Jun 2009, 09:52
Who is Celeste?
Can I get her nos please?

cazzycazz
24th Jun 2009, 09:53
My friend flying for Etihad as CC told me earlier to wait patiently for further AD as there are many contracts expiring in July! I guess many will go without renewing their contracts. Hopefully Etihad will be out massively recruiting again....

Dyanara
24th Jun 2009, 10:00
I have a phone number of Celeste : +97125111678. I hope is the good one...

Edforce1
24th Jun 2009, 10:47
Many thanks!

Edforce1

Dyanara
24th Jun 2009, 10:55
Please, let me know if she answers you and what she's telling you!

Thanks!!!

vertigowerty
24th Jun 2009, 14:04
ones that got through in ath were
: one greek (the dentist) the rest were italians, spaniards and uk nationals. So they are NOT looking for greek people.

Kseny
25th Jun 2009, 08:09
Hmmm where is my last message?????
so asking again. anyone who is starting 11 of october?

prognosis
25th Jun 2009, 09:20
Hey guys, has anyone been offered training dates for 4th, 11th or 18th of October? Also did you get the email for the medical yet?

cragle
25th Jun 2009, 09:36
anyone recieved a call today x

busygirl
25th Jun 2009, 11:13
no:{. No phone call yet.
Anyone tried to call that number of Celeste? I tried it, but only had the voicemail. Well, I probably called too late, like after office hours. Both times I called was around 5pm there...

Dyanara
25th Jun 2009, 11:47
She's in vacation that's why she's not answering. She'll be back on Sunday :-p

want_to_fly
26th Jun 2009, 10:37
hey guys!

wow congrats on those who received calls from HR! Im proud of you guys :D

However I have a question, Im trying to update my application on the Etihad careers webpage and it seems the update button is no there anymore? is anyone experiencing this problem? If recruitment is starting again, I need to update my work experience and referees online so I can get ready for the next AD.

Anyone please keen to share?

Thanks!

flying_vicky
27th Jun 2009, 12:14
Unfortunately.. I didn't get the invitation for AD on June...
but still nothing pop up the EY career website about ADs on July.:(

anyway..I'd like to know about the AD on June (Athens and Turkey).
Such as... How many people were invited and among them how many people reached to the Final...
How was the interview like? Was it almost same as before?
If you know anything, please share it for all wannabes who are just waiting and preparing for the new AD.....:ugh:

Thanks~

racheldebuitleir
27th Jun 2009, 18:37
flying_vicky did you get a shortlisted email from Etihad since you applied, or did you get a 'not shortlisted' email..or anything? or did you just hear nothing?

prognosis
28th Jun 2009, 06:26
Hopefully this is the week it all happens! Best of luck to everyone :ok:

want_to_fly
28th Jun 2009, 10:52
anyone experiencing c.c job application update on the etihad careers webpage? seems like the update button is not there anymore :sad: anyone care to share? sorry if im being annoying, i just need to change sum info that's on there.

So how's everyone going with the waiting so far? got any good news? good luck to you all :ok:

flying_vicky
28th Jun 2009, 13:21
I just didn't hear anything from EY.... :confused:
I've got only two e-mails - one is welcoming to their career website and the other is about my application is submited. (both of them automatic reply...)

MCarolina
28th Jun 2009, 14:10
Flying Vicky:

So the next step is to wait for another email saying that your application has been shortlisted. Only from this point they will send you an invitation for an AD.
I am sure that there will be more ADs scheduled for 2009, so keep positive!
Good Luck!!

danni14
28th Jun 2009, 14:45
Hey,

Have any of you guys with a start date sent in your medicals yet or actually had been cleared?! I'm waiting for my dentist to get back from holiday, that is all I have left to do but how annoying that he decides to go away now!!

Just to let you know guys that when you do get the call and they ask you to get the medicals done, I have paid Ģ390 for mine and that included the yellow fever jab, xray, blood tests, hearing, sight and the actual examination! The rest of the jabs I have got on the NHS. I didn't think the price was too bad, in fact I was expecting it to be more! I can recommend a company in the UK called Same Day Doctor (have a look at their website) They were brilliant, I got an apointment that day, really friendly people and they have done lots of medicals for middle east airlines so they are familiar with the paperwork!

Just thought I would share that with you UK people as I did find it hard at the start to find a private clinic that would actually do an employment medical!

xx :)

racheldebuitleir
28th Jun 2009, 14:49
yes flying vicky, dont expect any invite for AD until you have been shortlisted first. What country did you register that you are in? I applied last summer and only got an invite to AD this summer even though there were loooooads of AD that came and went in the UK while I was waiitng but it was only when an AD came up in my country (ireland) that I was finally shortlisted and then got my invite. So I reckon that they didnt even consider my application until they had decided that they were coming to ireland to recruit and then sifted through all the Ireland applications. If an AD comes up in a country that isnt your own but you are willing to travel to, it might be a good idea to let them know that you are interested in traveling to one and they might then consider your application for whatever AD they are holding.

busygirl
28th Jun 2009, 14:54
To Want to fly:
I checked my application on their website, just to check.
I cannot update my application either. Only the password for my workspace..

I donīt know if that is because Iīve been already successful on the AD, or no one can update it at all....?

Maybe once they have more ADs announced you can update again!

I really hope next week will bring some good news:D for those waiting for THE phone call.

Good luck to everyone no matter on what stage of joining Etihad you are!

racheldebuitleir
28th Jun 2009, 15:02
danni14 would you be able to give us an exact breakdown of all the medical stuff that you need to do? I presume the blood tests, hearing and sight were part of one "full medical" done by the doctor were they? Is the full medical actually a TOTAL check of everything or do etihad only ask for certain things to be checked? What do they check for in the blood tests? Do they do hormone tests and sexual health screening and all as well? Which vaccinations do you need? Did the jabs make you a little ill afterwards? Whats the visual requirement? I wear glasses for perfect vision and im grand without them but a little blurry at distance..but I cant get contacts for my problem so im concerned about that. What are they looking for in the chest Xray? I have benign harmless breast lumps that im sure will show up...hope they dont mind that either! hahah . If there are problems with the medical results do you have a chance to rectify things and retake them? Sorry for all the questions, I would just like to have a good idea of whats coming next :)
Thanks a mill!

fingers xd
29th Jun 2009, 05:00
Hya,

If anyone is having medicals done in Dubai the Dubai London Clinic are really good. The doctors part costs AED 1200 and the dental part is AED 450. They were really quick for the medical part, Im going to the dentist tonight so I will let you know how it go's. Hopefully I should have everything sent to EY by tomorrow. Im still waiting on blood result but they should be back today.

has anyone else been called?

barrett1987
29th Jun 2009, 08:03
I rang the department that handles medicals/security directly today. I was hoping to do what fingersxd did and get a start date but was unable to get one.

She pulled up my file very quickly and atleast told me that security clearance had been passed and that they would ring with a DOJ when it was my turn. I'm on a list and they are just working down it. It's not my turn yet.

Though she did say within a month easily(as im going to uk on july23rd)

So just gotta wait and keep phone nearby.

lovelysmile
29th Jun 2009, 08:15
Thank you for the info barrett1987, it good to know that nothing has stopped and it is all just a matter of time. Keep it up everyone!

Dyanara
29th Jun 2009, 09:28
With who did you spoke? Celeste or Torres? And on which number?--if is not confidential :).

Thanks!!!

wajdute
29th Jun 2009, 09:39
I tried to call Celeste from friday, no luck! always get through to voicemail.

But i got the mail from the recruitment agency i applied to etihad:

"Just like to inform you all that Etihad is starting with their cabin crew courses now in August and October. So they are starting to send out the employment offer and the medical. They can not take every candidate at the first course but just to inform you that they have started to employ again. So hopefully it will not take too long until you hear from them."

busygirl
29th Jun 2009, 14:12
Yeah, anytime I called the number of Celeste, Iīve got the voicemail...:confused::ugh:

So I just wait now and hope for the best.

(Thanks for all the info, it is quiet promising:D)

Martina-Maria
29th Jun 2009, 15:51
Hi Guys!!:)

I have already recieved my medical forms and have already passed my medical examination....man it was hard, but I have made it. :ok:

So I recieved a call finally and was told to be ready to go on the 18th or 19th of August - my training starts on the 23rd of August.

So, who is also supposed to start on this date?

Martina-Maria
29th Jun 2009, 18:23
Hi Kseny!:)

I am also from Estonia, Tallinn, I am not sure whether you are Estonian or Russian (I am Russian) so I am writing in English.

My AD was on the 26th of January and when was yours?

I have already recieved THE call and I was also told to be medically fit and to be ready to leave in August - my training starts on the 23rd of Aug.

So, I just wanted to know how are the things with you? Have you recieved the call? If YES, what is the date of your training?

Best regards,:)

Maria

lovelysmile
29th Jun 2009, 18:26
Congrats Martina-Maria!!!! I only wish I could start on the same date as you!:)

Martina-Maria
29th Jun 2009, 18:50
Hi lovelysmile!

Thank you very much! I am happy that I can finally relax without any thinking and waiting for THE call. You must be also one of the members of the "waiting club"! I wish you good luck, just hope for the best!

Best regards!:ok:

Skywards
29th Jun 2009, 22:51
Hi Maria,

I am starting on the 23rd August as well! I have sent off my medicals and am just waiting on the reply. How long did it take them to get back to you about the medicals? I want to quit my job soon and get myself organised, but won't do it until my meds are approved-so hopefully I will hear from them soon!

Can't wait to meet you!:ok:

Martina-Maria
30th Jun 2009, 04:16
Hi skywards!

I have recieved the positive reply about my medicals very quickly - the next day! Hope you will recieve your POSITIVE reply too!!!

So, GOOD LUCK!:)

Can't wait to meet you too!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

fingers xd
30th Jun 2009, 05:40
Hi Maria,

Was the 23rd August your original date or did they give you that date after your medicals were passed? I sent my medicals last night so Im hoping to hear from them today or tomorrow. My date is 18th Oct but I would love a date earlier than that.

I'll keep you posted

Fe

flying_vicky
30th Jun 2009, 11:15
Dear MCarolina & racheldebuitleir

Thanks for your kind reply~
Actually, I mentioned that I'm willing to go to Turkey for AD in my on-line application... but they might be not interested in my resume anyway...:{
so now I'm still waiting another AD schedule will pop up the career web-site. hopefully, everything gonna be great for everyone~!!

Thanks again~!! :)

lovelysmile
30th Jun 2009, 12:58
Vicky,

I think there will be one AD in July in Abu Dhabi...according to the cabin crew job search site! Good luck!!!

Jojolyna24
30th Jun 2009, 14:22
Hi,

How many person are still waiting for THE CALL?I'm the one that is still waiting....:{ I've done the AD on July 14th in Milan...

julia82
30th Jun 2009, 14:46
Hey!I am also the one who is waiting sooo much for THE call...
My AD was 26th of February...
I'm already so exhausted of waiting..-I left a good job I had (project manager)and moved to another city as I thought it wouldn't take too long to get the call and now:) I'm working as
receptionist at a company where everybody looks down on me and treats me like a silly girl who probably doesn't even know how to say "good morning" in english :)
Maybe it's a lesson from life and if so -I do hope all this waiting will pay off soon:) or very soon:)))
Patience is a real virtue, isn't it?:)
Good luck to everybody!

Skywards
30th Jun 2009, 22:50
Fingers xd, there is no harm in asking for an earlier date. The difficulty is that the September training dates aren't going ahead due to ramadan. So after August the next training isn't until October. But give it a whirl, when they told me I would have to move to October because of ramadan I asked for August instead and got it. August may be full, but there is no harm asking the question. Good luck!

Martina-Maria
1st Jul 2009, 07:51
Hi skywards!

Yeah, I have been told about the date of the 23rd og August before I sent my medicals.

Hope your medicals are also OK. Good luck!!!:ok:

Best regards!

99heyho
1st Jul 2009, 09:11
Anyone knows when will EY have recruitments in Asia again?

They havent been to asia for a long time.

bobo_elg
1st Jul 2009, 09:47
guys check this out its written on the etihad web site that they are conducting an AD on 28th july in Abu Dhabi :} hope that they will invite me

racheldebuitleir
1st Jul 2009, 13:36
why would Ramadan mean that training would be put off? what affect would it have on training I wonder?

yuja13
1st Jul 2009, 15:16
Hi everyone the wait is over for me, today i got the call from Etihad my doj is Oct 25 anyone has the same doj?

I am so excited this is really happening!!!! I hope to see you guys in AUH!

For those of you who are still waiting for the call be patient they will call you!!!!:ok:

My AD was last Feb 06 in Toronto.

flying_vicky
1st Jul 2009, 17:34
I'm so-oo-o excited~! Even though EY put only one AD and I'm not sure i can get an invitation or not~ but, they still want new cabin crew~ :D
lovelysmile~, Thank you for giving me the info.

anyway~ does anybody know about HR contact no. or e-mail address?
i want to contact to one of HR member who has in charge of sending invitation if it is possible. I don't want to make the just-waiting-situation again same as like Turkey AD anyway....:{
If anybody knows HR contact details.. please PM me... please~~

Thank you very much~!!!!

yucyme
1st Jul 2009, 19:16
just to answer the question about ramadan,it's a muslim holiday where people are fasting from dawn to sunset, and no eating or drinking in public ( indoors too ) is allowed, no matter of your origin, it applies to everyone. it's very hard to conduct full-time training during the day considering the conditions (you can eat in the privacy of your own home, but not in public places)
i suggest you get familiar with the customs of the country you want to relocate to

lovelysmile
1st Jul 2009, 19:53
I think Rachel meant to ask why did they first schedule trainings in September and then change these dates for the reason being ramadan. I also thought they were holding trainings during ramadan in the previous years.

racheldebuitleir
1st Jul 2009, 20:17
thank you lovelysmile. I sense a bit of an attitude there from yucyme which was not necessary at all. Of course I know what Ramadan is.. I didnt ask what it is, I was as you say, just surprised that would have been overlooked before and was wondering what affect it would actually have on training as i thought that behind closed doors on private premises (ie in the training centre) that eating might be fine.

Skywards
1st Jul 2009, 23:12
I understood your question rachel, and when they told me I too was a bit confused as to why it would affect training being on or off (and I also know what ramadan is). They also have an idea of when ramadan is each year so it's funny that they would schedule training if there was the possibility it wouldn't go ahead. They did mention that it had to do with flights, and that it was difficult getting us all over for training during this time. I guess because my training was towards the end of ramadan and they would have alot of people coming over for the public holiday celebrations and feasts. And giving away lots of seats to us, instead of to paying customers probably doesn't make much sense. That was my take on it, but who knows!

And also the training starting on the 23rd August will run through ramadan, so it's not the eating in public issue that stopped the September trainings going ahead.

Still waiting on medical results.....it will be a week tomorrow. I've waited months to hear from them and I was fine, and now all of a sudden a week seems like eternity! I think I'm going crazy!:ugh:

Skywards
1st Jul 2009, 23:15
And congrats Yuja13-you must be sooooo pleased!:ok:

yuja13
1st Jul 2009, 23:44
thank you skywards oh def I was in cloud nine when I got the call. No more waiting I'll start doing my medicals and get it over with asap!

good luck with your medicals. How exciting you will start in less than 2 months. Hope to meet you in AUH.

Nickvan
2nd Jul 2009, 04:35
This is a first. Abintio training still goes ahead with Ramadan..My flatmate who joined last year did his training through the Holymonth..

MCarolina
2nd Jul 2009, 09:19
FINALLY!! After almost 7 months I got THE CALL!! My doj is October 11th!!!
Anyone else starting on this date??
My AD was on January 10th in Brisbane...:ouch:
Now I believe...it's really happening!!
Keep positive, guys!!

racheldebuitleir
3rd Jul 2009, 09:08
any one had any start dates later than the ones mentioned so far? any late october or even november? is it likely do ye think that there will be november start dates too?

fingers xd
3rd Jul 2009, 18:57
My start date is 18th Oct, I was also offered 25th Oct so there will prob have to be dates in nov. Its a bummer they are having no training in sep but we will all get there in the end! :ok:

racheldebuitleir
4th Jul 2009, 17:43
guys, for anyone that has done or is doing the medical, is there a time frame or deadline that you must get them done by? eg within 4 weeks after your phonecall or by 4 weeks before training starts or something like that?

fingers xd
5th Jul 2009, 11:12
You get 6wks from when they email the forms but youre best to do it asap to confirm your place

seasick
5th Jul 2009, 12:18
a bit worried now.

i was shortlisted for an interview earlier this year but the assessment day was cancelled. i checked my application now and the status says unsuccessful. why is that? it is because they have stopped recruitment? :confused:

racheldebuitleir
5th Jul 2009, 12:22
i wouldnt panic about the unsuccessful. some other people have been talking about that in this forum before and it turned out to be a mistake. which assessment was cancelled? theres one supposed to be taking place in Abu Dhabi 28th july.

bobo_elg
5th Jul 2009, 12:53
seasick (http://www.pprune.org/members/123814-seasick)

how could we check our status on the web site? i cant find that link,as iam same situation like you have been short listed then cancelled

seasick
5th Jul 2009, 13:18
rachel: thanks for that! i couldn't afford to travel to abu dhabi as that's on the other side of the globe! but it's a bit worrying that it's gone from shortlisted to unsuccessful... i think i need to get in touch with them down there... because it's worrying...

bobo_elg: you have to log onto your account (careers.etihadairways.com) and it's on the first page on the right-hand side. it says status: xxxx

bobo_elg
5th Jul 2009, 13:26
its written like that no status at all

Logged in as amiraelgazairlyMy Workspace (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/myWorkspace/myWorkspace.aspx) My Messages (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/myWorkspace/Messages.aspx)Update My Account (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/updateMyAccount.aspx)Logout (javascript:__doPostBack('MyAccount$btnLogout',''))

danni14
5th Jul 2009, 16:24
Hey guys,

Just to let you know that my status online says unsucessful and has done for about 3 weeks.

However it doesn't mean much because I am starting on 23rd Aug (got the call two weeks ago) and last night I submitted my completed medicals to Etihad.

I have also heard of some other people who do also have start dates who have an "unsucessful" as their status and also some people who don't have a status at all!!

I wouldn't worry about it too much if I was you xx

Martina-Maria
5th Jul 2009, 17:14
Hi danni14!

My name is Maria, I am from Estonia and the date of my training is also the 23rd of August!

So, it is nice to meet you.:) See you soon! :ok:

danni14
5th Jul 2009, 18:28
Hi Martina-Maria,

Can't wait to meet you in Abu Dhabi. Have you read posts by Skywards? As she is on our course also!

I am still waiting for medical clearence but I only handed them in 24 hours ago so I still have some waiting to do!! Its driving me mad already!

Did they ring you or email you about the results? I can't believe you got them so quick, thats so lucky!!Well done
:D
xx

want_to_fly
5th Jul 2009, 22:56
Hey there BObo

I went for an AD way back in March and was unsuccessfull. I too cannot update my application online as that link has dissapeared :bored:
But i think the reason why it's because I needed to wait for another 6 months before applying?... It worries me too because I really wan to update my application as I have a change of address and new jobs.

Martina-Maria
6th Jul 2009, 06:47
Hi danni14!!

Yeah, I was also amazed by how quickly had they examined my medicals! I sent my medicals on Sunday evening and got the call the next day in the morning!

I am sure your medicals are also ALL RIGHT!!! So, dont worry...be happy! Think positive and everything is going to be fine!!

Cant wait to meet you too!!! Good luck!!!

e_mirati
6th Jul 2009, 07:53
Hi Rachel, Iīm from Spain and starting October 25th...

michaelflynn61
6th Jul 2009, 13:01
great to hear people are finally getting their dojs!! best of luck to everyone with it all, really looking forward to hearing how you all get on :)

flying_vicky
6th Jul 2009, 13:45
Does anybody get an invitation who cannot speak Arabic?
please let me know.....

valensi
6th Jul 2009, 14:55
flying_vicky - yes I received an invitation and only speak a little Arabic (have completed an Intermediate course and stated this was my level on the application) but am fluent in French...

Anybody else attending?

yuja13
7th Jul 2009, 01:49
hi e_mirati (http://www.pprune.org/members/291687-e_mirati) we have the same doj Oct 25. See you soon in AUH!!

diana.sky
7th Jul 2009, 07:08
Does anyone know if Etihad plans to recruit in the Philippines?

Dyanara
8th Jul 2009, 11:39
I got the call too, finally. My DOJ is 25 Oct.
I just can wait to get in Abu Dhabi :)!!!

Martina-Maria
8th Jul 2009, 11:54
Congratulations !!!!!! :ok::ok::ok:

KorDenSer
8th Jul 2009, 14:02
Did anybody from Russia who was successful during Moscow AD on the 17th of April 2009 get a call from the Etihad recruitment team? :)

tish100
8th Jul 2009, 14:03
hi guys preparing to apply for etihad cc.was wondering is there a specific pose for the ladies when sending the full length photo ie: like 1 leg foward, hands relaxed on the side, does it have to be a pencil skirt etc any info from those who have gone through shall be highly appreciated. cheers

yucyme
8th Jul 2009, 14:35
I was in business attire, black suit and pants with red shirt but not too bright, arms relaxed to the side, smile on and hair pulled back, neutral make up, no lipgloss and conservative black shoes with one and a half inch heels, jewelery removed and face clearly visible, turned just slightly to the side. i am talking barely noticeable.
i thought i looked warm and tall! it worked, LOL
hope this helps!

racheldebuitleir
8th Jul 2009, 18:24
yes business attire is essential but I think a skirt is preferable for the females rather than pants but obviously not a very short one. I know that for emirates anyway, its important to be wearing the jacket...not just shirt, and to be faced straight forward with both feet visible, making sure that one leg does not hide the other! A plain white background is advisable too. Just take lots of them in one go and your bound to find the perfect one.

racheldebuitleir
8th Jul 2009, 18:26
did you just get your call today? and when was your AD? and congrats too!

yucyme
8th Jul 2009, 19:56
I wish!!! Still waiting.. AD was feb 8th. Lucky you!!!

danni14
8th Jul 2009, 20:57
Hey Guys,

Just to let you know... I got my medical clearance yesterday!! It only took 3 days! I am so happy and can't wait for 23rd Aug!

Good luck to the rest of you and I hope you all have your DOJ and clearance very soon xx

Skywards
8th Jul 2009, 23:47
^Woohooo so exciting! My turn now!!;)

Skywards
9th Jul 2009, 07:34
Funnily enough, got the call today approving my medicals YAY!! So it was my turn!:)

Dyanara
9th Jul 2009, 07:45
Yes, I got the call yesterday. My assessment was on 24th of January.

wajdute
9th Jul 2009, 08:05
Congrats Dyanara :D

Was Your AD in Talin?

hope they are doing it in the right order and after all from Estonia and Latvia AD are called they will start calling us :D Our AD was at 28th January. :ugh:

Dyanara
9th Jul 2009, 08:21
Thanks!!! The AD was in Romania. I hope they'll call everybody because I know how hard is this waiting...:).

Good luck to the ones that are waiting their DOJ!

barrett1987
9th Jul 2009, 08:59
Anyone from March AD get a call yet?

bobo_elg
9th Jul 2009, 09:16
any one got invited for the AD in Abu Dhabi on 28th july???

Martina-Maria
9th Jul 2009, 09:18
Danni14 congratulations!!!!! :ok::ok::D:D

I knew that everything would be all right!!! :):)See you soon in Abu Dhabi!!

Maria

Martina-Maria
9th Jul 2009, 09:21
Hi Dyanara!!!

Congratulations!!! And what is you date of joining?? Mine is on the 23rd of August. My AD was in Tallinn on the 26th of January.

Maria

marvey
9th Jul 2009, 09:25
you guys are so lucky, Im still waiting for AD here in manila..:)
please do let me know if you here anything :)

Dyanara
9th Jul 2009, 10:40
Hi Maria,
As I said before my DOJ is 25th of October.
Thanks!

julia82
9th Jul 2009, 10:40
Hey guys! My AD was 26th January Tallin and I still haven't got the call- makes me crazy... I tried to call the main office but they always give me 2 the same tel nrs- none of them answering... Any of you in the same situation?

Martina-Maria
9th Jul 2009, 12:43
Hi julia82!

My AD was also on the 26th of January in Tallinn. Try to write them for calling them is useless. Just write that you are still interested in joining the company. I have written them the same and right the next day got the call. My date of joining is the 23rd of August.

Maria

sib
9th Jul 2009, 14:30
Did anyone respond to your inquiry regarding applications/assessments in the Philippines for Etihad? I'm also from the Philippines, I wonder if you have any other info? Tnx

julia82
9th Jul 2009, 15:52
Thank you for the advice! I wrote them an email and hope for the call... so much!:) Would be great to meet you in Abu Dhabi:) ! Best of luck for you!
Julia

Sas1986
9th Jul 2009, 18:09
Hiya...i had my AD on the 4th May in LHR and still haven't heard anything but i guess their going through all the AD's in month order. Just wondering if anybody could let me know what to expect of the medicals? What do they ask for and what do you have to do? Thank you and congrats to all of you who have been given ur DOJ's :O xx

captkk
9th Jul 2009, 19:55
congrats buddy

yuja13
10th Jul 2009, 07:59
we are in the same batch my doj is also oct 25th...soo exciting it would be nice to get to know each other before we start our training and i think another person here has the same doj i think e_mirati.

congrats!!!:ok:

skywards congrats with your medical clearance, now you can start packing :)

Dyanara
10th Jul 2009, 08:43
Hi Yuja,
Nice to meet you! If you want to talk and to know each other before we meet there I'll give you my yahoo id adress because it's more easier for me to write on yahoo than on this forum.

Thanks!

want_to_fly
10th Jul 2009, 09:45
hey guys congratulations! Im so happy for all of you that's starting so soon! Do let us know what the training is like (if ur not too busy haha)

All the best and good luck! Pray that I will get to fly with you guys soon when Etihad resume recruitment :ok:

Good luck and have fun!!

iio78
10th Jul 2009, 10:49
i wonder if any boys are between these calls PLEASE reply

Kseny
10th Jul 2009, 16:02
More and more happy ppl here!!!! yuppi!!:ok:
Im stuck with my medical papers, cause all doctors in estonia went on holidays!lucky me!

for long time no news from mellymooo, scooby dooby dooo where are uuu???:confused:

and what about guys from lithuania?!
Teraaa?! any news for u?!

And i guess i need some brain wash.... I really wanted to go there and now, when its almost time to pack, i wonder..... DO I REALLY NEED TO GO?!

racheldebuitleir
11th Jul 2009, 18:29
theyre definitely NOT going in order of assessment days because i know two girls from my assessment in Dublin on May 6th got called to join on august 23rd. Its seems there are people from every month that have been called, and also people from each month that havent been called yet. It doesnt seem to be based on languages either because there are people who got their DOJ who only speak english when rumours were that language speakers were being prioritised. Doesnt seem to be any pattern..I guess the recruitment department have reasons to do things they way they are and we just have to wait and see :)

Skywards
12th Jul 2009, 05:03
I was thinking maybe one of the reasons for doing this is that they don't want a training to be full of only one nationality of people. If they were to do it in order they would have trainings full of Australians, or full of Irish etc. which doesn't really suit the whole multi-cultural feel they are going for. Just a thought...

Sas1986
12th Jul 2009, 12:23
Yeah true, im sure they have reasoning behind the order they're doing things. But doing it so there is a mix of nationalities in each batch makes sense :). LHR 4th May there was only 7 of us who got through to the final interview and as of yet know one has been called for a DOJ. I guess the waiting continues...

yucyme
12th Jul 2009, 21:55
well, in NYC all of us were different nationalities and not one got a call yet. This waiting is brutal, specially when you are all set and with '' unsuccessful" status online. Still, until I hear a " no" it's best to stay hopeful. Just my $.02 and good luck everyone in the "pool"

durancabano
13th Jul 2009, 17:46
Hi Guys.
Got a text from Mellymoo today and she said that they are giving joining dates to people now. Is this true? Myself and Mellymoo did the AD on 16 Feb. at Heathrow and haven't heard anything yet. Can someone tell me if they have received a joining date or anything in connection with that so far of the group that passed the AD on 16 Feb. at Heathrow??? Would like to know what the :mad: is going on? Sick of waiting :eek:. I sent Kimberley a e-mail today from HR to find out. Please let me know :}

danni14
13th Jul 2009, 19:33
Hi durancabano,

I was also on the AD for London on 16th Feb. My joining date is 23rd Aug and I heard about 4 weeks ago. I have only heard of two more people from our day that have got a DOJ. If you read a post from Skywards on this page then I do think it makes sense- they probably don't want too many people of the same nationality on the same courses- so thats why only a few people from each AD have currently got their DOJ. I hope that you hear very soon and good luck! xx

KEFREN82
13th Jul 2009, 20:42
Hi people there!!!
sorry but I couldn't write you before! I was called and my joining date is 25th of october too!!!
I am very happy, now I just need to make and send my medicals and wait.
hugs to everybody!!!

mellymoo
13th Jul 2009, 22:24
Hi guys,

I am still around. Normally the batches are made of different nationalities as this is what will happen when you fly- so i am quite cool about that. Would be nice to know if we will all still be taken on as the person before got a rejection letter?!

Anyway, enjoy abu and the heat and humidity its great and enjoy all that are on the way and we will get there soon I think references might also play a part as well so dont worry xxx

wajdute
14th Jul 2009, 08:53
So finaly I got through to Celeste. She told me that they are not baching at this time, and the only people that they are recrouting is arabic speakers. She said that my file is still there and IO am one of the selected ones but still on hold.

Confusing thing is that they do Bach at this time if people get DOJ and stuff. So now I am more confused than i was before.

So is there a problemn in comunication between their departments, or why don't they tell the true to people? can't underdstand!!!

could anyone give any other number for HR i could call? Thanx a lot!

lovelysmile
14th Jul 2009, 09:18
Still on hold?....and your AD was in January? Did you get the impression that there will be another cut of people in the holding pool? They told you that your were selected so I do not think you should worry even though we do not know what is going on. I think we just have to wait more and more because there is no point in calling them.

wajdute
14th Jul 2009, 09:21
all the conversation was strange to me, well she did not mentiuon anything about cutting other people, she just said that at the moment nothing is happening no trainings and etc, exept for arabis speakers, wich is not true. but well anyway, I waited for half a year I guess I can wait some more :D

iio78
14th Jul 2009, 09:33
yes guys HR is quit messy, and from what i heard now they dont want boys anymore and that is why my question is:
THE PEOPLE WHO GOT THE CALL IS ANY OF YOU A MALE???

durancabano
14th Jul 2009, 10:05
Kimberley sent me this this morning:

There is still no change to your current situation. Your application is still in the holding pool and when a course becomes available our administration team will make contact with you. Some candidates from your recruitment have already been contacted for the October courses.

Please remain patient and your will here from us in due course. I am sorry I cannot confirm a date for you at this time.

Please don’t hesitate to keep in touch and do let me know when you finally receive notification.

This is what she sent me and I was at the 16 Feb AD. at Heathrow.
;) missing you mellymoo

ETIHADBRU
14th Jul 2009, 11:13
got my email on 7th saying i had to apply again in 6 months what are the chances of still getting in???? and how come they dont say why i had a un succesfull application?

if anyone could help many thanks...

e_mirati
14th Jul 2009, 13:42
Hi iio78, Iīm a male from Spain and my date of joining is confirmed, october 11th.. Donīt listen to what people say... it is mandatory to have at least 1 male crew in every flight, thatīs what they told me when I worked for emirates.

Still, it is true that most of the crew are females, but due to other reasons.
I donīt know whether you have been successful in all assessment procedures or not. If so, they will call you. You might have to wait, but they will call you.

Good luck

KEFREN82
14th Jul 2009, 14:27
Hi people,
I am a young man and i have i will start in october.

bye

lovelysmile
14th Jul 2009, 16:04
I guess the other reason so many people still have to wait is that they have not scheduled trainings for November yet...or has anyone got a start date for later than October?

julia82
14th Jul 2009, 16:36
I really hope so because otherwise what is the explanation? I will try to call them tomorrow again as they didn't answer any of my emails too. I need to know how to plan my life I'm getting so old :))
:{
And if any of you got a November date please let us know.. How long do you think are we going to wait? My AD was 26th January- if I wait till January 2010 it would be a year! :ugh:

I'll try to keep positive somehow:ok:

busygirl
14th Jul 2009, 17:11
Hey! Iīm 16th of feb LHR, and didnīt hear anything either:(:(

TB23
14th Jul 2009, 19:04
i was one of the guys on the London assessment day in Feb. And like Danni had the call a few weeks ago....

I start OCtober 11th, anyone else starting training then???

durancabano
14th Jul 2009, 19:57
I don't understand this.
We were only like 5 guys that passed the AD on 16 Feb. at Heathrow.
I haven't heard anything yet. How did you gize find out about your DOJ or did you phone them or e-mail someone that I dont know?
Please let me know.:uhoh:
xxxx

julia82
14th Jul 2009, 20:29
Maybe it is the matter of the agency? I was assessed in Talin and still no call, few other girls (all of them recruted the same day but by an agency) already have got the call. Could this be the reason?

racheldebuitleir
14th Jul 2009, 21:21
what agency recruited those people? I thought Etihad didnt use agencies. There is a notice on the careers website about fraudulent recruitment. Maybe if anyone was recruited by an agency and havent heard anything you might want to check out if it was fraud or something!?and those that have heard something..i wonder is it possible that the call they got was fraud too just to keep them unsuspecting. MAYBE it is all above board...but then again..maybe not.

ETIHAD Airways | News | Detail (http://careers.etihadairways.com/ehire/english/News/Description.aspx?NEWS_ID=25)

wajdute
14th Jul 2009, 21:33
Most people in Tallin Ryga and Vilnius came through agency scandinavian recruit, it is not a fraud becouse I my self got through and I aplyed with scandinavian recruit not directly to etihads career. Even though I did not receive a call yet I have called etihad today and we do exist in their system, so I think the fraud issue is out of the picture :)

mellymoo
14th Jul 2009, 21:37
I am still on the waiting game.... thanks danni for the pm really appreciate it, well I wouldnt worry everyone patience is a virtue we will get there thanks durancabano I miss you too cant wait to catch up again.

I dont think the calls from etihad are fradulent if it was a 00971 number or 00972 etc its a UAE number i think 02 is the Abu coding if I remember correctly.

All batches will be mixed up with different nationalities as in EK< GF etc, I know they did have a slight shortage also of accommodation for crew so all will be okay guys we will get there positive thinking!!

I think they have met all the quotas for this year for recruitment needs and i know that they ordered some new aircraft that i think is now on its way - yippee!!

DuranCabano - hope we go together !!!:O

Jaad
15th Jul 2009, 07:24
I am one of the 2 people that passed in Lisbon on 17th feb..
Received the following email this morning... Hope this helps someone...cos it doesnt help me! What a :mad: reply... :ugh:

HR team is arranging batches and working on training schedule and. Your course might be starting in last quarter of 2009 - beginning 2010.
Due to nature of business we have to make sure that every batch have a good mixture of talent. Therefore you may not be in the same batch with people whom you had your interview together.

We also forward your e-mail to HR team and they will reply if there any certain information for you.

Thank you for patience and cooperation.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

regards,

Cabin Crew Recruitment Team

want_to_fly
15th Jul 2009, 07:34
Any one here who's a CC wears contact lenses on board?

Is Etihad very fuss about applicants applying that wears contact lenses at all?

julia82
15th Jul 2009, 07:40
the beginning of 2010?? What does it mean?????? ughhhhhhhh ! :( January, February March??? It sucks so much:((((((
But they also mentioned last quarter of 2009 so it's: oct,nov,dec. Very precise they are :D
Lovely Etihad;)

prognosis
15th Jul 2009, 08:37
I have been told early next year now too :(

julia82
15th Jul 2009, 08:39
And when was your AD?

lovelysmile
15th Jul 2009, 10:09
did you guys all receive an e-mail?? i did not...

now what wajdute was told yesterday makes sense...they are not batching people at the moment because the October trainings are full and now they are organizing the new starting dates according to their needs...

racheldebuitleir
15th Jul 2009, 13:51
well look on the bright side...we may get to spend Christmas at home with our families :)

lovelysmile
15th Jul 2009, 20:04
to barrett

I am wondering did you ever get a call?...because they suggested they would call you a while ago...

julia82
16th Jul 2009, 06:26
I've never got any call from them and it's been half a year already..

Sunshinestate
16th Jul 2009, 06:42
hi guys,
im from Australia and i heard that Etihad are recruiting soon. Does anyone know of any open days coming up in Australia in the near future? :)

Skywards
16th Jul 2009, 22:59
^I am not sure where your information is from, but I think you may have your wires crossed. There are a number of cabin crew starting in the upcoming training dates in July, August and October that do not speak Arabic-they only speak english (check previous posts and you will see their first hand accounts).

But you are right about people hanging in there! Don't give up!:ok:

danni14
17th Jul 2009, 14:47
Flight04,

I am from the Uk, I speak no Arabic, I only speak English. My DOJ with Etihad is the 23rd Aug. I know of at least 8 other people who don't speak Arabic who already have their joining dates. You are probably right- Etihad probably are more interested in Arabic speakers at the moment but we should also be aware that non Arabic speakers are also being put on courses as well.

Mikejr
18th Jul 2009, 14:11
Hopefully Etihad Airways starts open day within an hour fly so. However, Ain't paying $2,575 per person from RIO to BAH, Can't afford, Ain't have no job.

sassykite
19th Jul 2009, 01:04
Does anyone know what is the best way to apply to Etihad.

I went via the website but now it won't let me log in for some reason to finish the application, and I tried through cabin.crewjobs.com but the email was returned saying non delivered!!!:ugh:

I have this email ccrecruitment, is it okay to apply directly there or does it have to be through the web page.

thanks for any tips!!! hoping to get on the AD assesment day!!:)

want_to_fly
19th Jul 2009, 04:27
hey sassykite! Everyone here has been experiencing problem updating the Etihad online application. My guess is they possibly freezing all recruitment at the moment, therefore they have gotten rid of the 'update' application that is attached to the online app.

Guess we'll have to check the website everynow and then to see if we will be able to update our online resume

God bless!

vector3
20th Jul 2009, 07:39
Hi everybody.Has anyone heard from Etihad regarding open day 28th July yet?

valensi
20th Jul 2009, 08:22
I received an invitation at the beginning of July but haven't been able to source out anyone else who's attending yet... anybody??

anuta96
20th Jul 2009, 10:49
i will have an assessment day 28th of Jly in Abu-Dhabi...:}:ok: hopethey wont cancel it :)

mellymoo
20th Jul 2009, 12:56
with regards to the contact lenses.

They must be of natural colour, otherwise glasses can be worn, black, brown, gold/silver thin frames or neutral. normally you have to wear contact lenses and carry your glasses as per GCAA rules and regulations.

flying_vicky
20th Jul 2009, 13:30
Dear Valensi and anuta96

I envy you guys~~ I applied but I didn't get even I live in Dubai as well...
anyway~~ Can you speak Arabic?
I heard that this AUH AD is focus on the arabic speakers...
but I just wondering... is this ONLY for arabic speaker or
someone who cannot speak Arabic get an invitation for 28th?? :mad:

please reply me....

many thanks~
Vicky

Dyanara
20th Jul 2009, 14:34
My date is also 25th of October :)

mellymoo
20th Jul 2009, 16:18
still waiting no news yet from them xx havent sent them an email though xx how many are going so far?? I know 3 from the LHR on 16th Feb and there was around 24 of us if I am correct?

Nickvan
21st Jul 2009, 10:11
Hi Everybody,

We have 2 abintio batches that started 2 weeks ago. They have started to roll them in from early July. The 3rd batch was just F & B Batch

My Trainer informed the class there is approx 450 Crew who are in the holding pool to be assigned Abintio Batches and training dates. The 2 batches were the first. of many.

Having been in recurrent last week at the Academy and the 2 batches were all mixture mainly European/Eastern also.

mellymoo
21st Jul 2009, 23:27
Thanks Nick for the update much appreciated.

anuta96
22nd Jul 2009, 02:17
Vicky, im not Arabic speaker at all :))
Im English, Russian, Belarusian, Macedonia and Serbian speaker :}
send them e-mail and express ur wish to attend this AD, im sure they will invite You!!!

flying_vicky
23rd Jul 2009, 13:47
Dear anuta96~
Thank you very much for your reply~
even though you cannot speak Arabic.. but you can speak so many languages.... :D

I tried to get an invitation in many ways... but maybe they think I'm not a certain person that they seek for. :ugh:
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gif It's too sad anyway~

You can make it~!!! Good Luck~
and see you in AUH soon~~

kubalibre
26th Jul 2009, 01:17
Hi

I was wondering if you guys know where the AD assessment day will be held on the 28th of July?

AINI
26th Jul 2009, 17:32
Sheraton hotel in Abu Dhabi but not 100% sure. Only what I heard

anuta96
26th Jul 2009, 20:37
ya, Date : 28th July 2009

Venue : Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel and Resort
Corniche, Abu Dhabi UAE

who is coming with me??? :ok:

KEFREN82
27th Jul 2009, 07:49
yes, but... people need an invitation..
I don't think Etihad managment would be glady that you post here in which hotel and at what time they make the assessment day.
It is not an open day, and, as you need to be invited, if a lot of people go there without an invitation the responsible of the confusion is who posted here where and when...
Think just a bit, if Etihad wanted to know to everyone, they would write on their website what you write here.
But they do not want, because they want to choose candidates before, as it is not an open day...

Writing here what you received in a private e-mail is not fair at all i believe.

julia82
27th Jul 2009, 08:40
So after weeks of calling Etihad I finally reached them:)but only to find out:
"We have received your documents our HR team is arranging batches and working on the training schedule; your course might be starting in last quarter of 2009 - beginning 2010.
We also forward your e-mail to HR team and they will reply if there any certain information for you.
Thank you for patience and cooperation.Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.Many thanks and kind regards,"
At least I know I can go on holiday till october.. I wait and wait but already soooooooooo impatiently:)

lovelysmile
27th Jul 2009, 08:54
thank you for sharing the info julia and let's hope things change for the better...we never know...

julia82
27th Jul 2009, 09:14
You're welcome- I hope all will change for better for all of us who are still waiting...

anuta96
27th Jul 2009, 09:27
yes, sure, people without invitation will be rejected, i heard bout it!!

Im invited!!! So who is coming from this forum??? Only me...:rolleyes: ???

lovelysmile
27th Jul 2009, 17:44
Best wishes to anuta and everyone else attending the AD tomorrow! Let us know how it goes and also on what they tell you about the next possible training dates!

anuta96
29th Jul 2009, 10:47
i failed
were 78 people
but i was good at the interview, satisfied.
Their choice bout 20 people: Marocco, Egytian and Syrian 80%... 2 British gyus, 1 Russian and 1 Serbian...they had final interview as i know...

Recrutiters: 1 Egyptian, 1 Romanian, 1 Indian, 1 Belarusian...

Martina-Maria
29th Jul 2009, 13:18
The Belorussian girl must be Alena? Am I right?

anuta96
29th Jul 2009, 18:38
yeah, exactly, Alena!:ok: nice lady

Jaad
29th Jul 2009, 19:36
Hey everyone! Just wanted to say that I got the call yesterday! I couldn't believe it when I saw their number on my phone! My DOJ is October 25th...my AD was on 17th Feb and the wait has really sucked..but I'm (almost) in!
Goodluck to everyone and see you soon in Abu Dhabi :}
Wish me luck for all the medicals....ouch! xxx

racheldebuitleir
29th Jul 2009, 20:00
Jaad, congrats! Its good to hear somebody has been called recently. I thought october was full, I wonder did somebody drop out and there was one space to fill!? Anybody else get a call? Anyone have a date later than october yet?

danni14
29th Jul 2009, 23:06
Hey Jaad,

well done, you must be so happy.

Good luck with your medicals and don't worry about them. When I submitted mine it only took 48 hours to hear back from Etihad which i thought was really quick x

Jaad
29th Jul 2009, 23:41
Thanks :) I'm not looking forward to all the vaccines though! xx

Skywards
30th Jul 2009, 02:18
Congrats Jaad! Very exciting for you!

Don't worry about the meds, they really weren't too bad. And thankfully they have vaccinations where they do 2 or three in one needle. That way you only get jabbed a few times. But I think you'll agree the pain of the needles is sooooo worth it!

:ok:

alkaponijr
30th Jul 2009, 06:35
Hi Guys please i need some info abt EY since i am willing to join them,
What is the Avarage salary & Working hours
Where is there Accommodations and how is it
Do they have a cabin crew portal like EK so you can check your roaster Ect..
How do they calculate the payment i heard per day so is it like is you do a 2 hrs flight you still get paid as 8 hrs flight???!!!:ugh:

please try to reply all the details and experience you got
TC

busygirl
30th Jul 2009, 09:36
Hey Jaad, thatīs great news! Congratulations! You must be well excited!

Though I was well surprised to read about the call. It seemed that they forgot about us for a while. But thatīs good news, that they calling again!!! Hopefully they continue with that:D

You know, I canīt wait for the pain by the needles....because that will mean, that Iīm getting closer and closer to Etihad!

racheldebuitleir
30th Jul 2009, 11:14
A lot of the info you are looking for has been posted in this forum before. read back through the pages to find what you need to know. Although if you have been offered the position, really you should know all this by now anyway....they tell you alot in advance. Salary is on their website and other people have posted what they tend to get in a month. Accomodation is of course in Abu dhabi, in nice apartments. If you have been offered a position..TAKE IT! It doesnt come much better than Etihad in my opinion.

mellymoo
30th Jul 2009, 12:02
Congrats Jaad, 16th feb still awaiting!!!

yucyme
30th Jul 2009, 17:03
hello,
jaad, congrats!!!
i am so happy they are still calling!
i really really hope the rest of us on here get a call too :-D

xpiredservice
31st Jul 2009, 11:12
yes,you can wear contact lens.

want_to_fly
31st Jul 2009, 11:47
ps did anyone attend the AD over at Abu Dhabi? Any new information the recruiters shared would be grateful guys! i.e if they will more recruitments in the coming year or so?

lovelysmile
31st Jul 2009, 16:20
If they schedule trainings for the month of November, we should find out soon (next few weeks)....fingers crossed for lots of trainings in November!!!

durancabano
1st Aug 2009, 11:03
Hi guys.
Does anybody have a contact number for HR? I've tried to contact them several times over the past 7 months with no success! I have a number but it is always engaged. Please could someone help me....:*

cragle
1st Aug 2009, 20:18
im really getting down about waiting so long :(. hopefully were hear something this week x good luck everyone

Big_Angel
3rd Aug 2009, 06:12
:sad:..Hi.. Somebody has ever applied n interviewed for F&B MANAGER.. I just wondered what questions that they will ask..:E

..Thanks for your answer..:)

racheldebuitleir
3rd Aug 2009, 11:02
Just saw that there is an assessment planned for Japan! Well its a good sign anyway that recruitment is moving on and not shutting down.

Aeromar27
3rd Aug 2009, 11:24
Hi, im interested in knowing a bit about etihad. I used to work for Emirates as Cabin crew. In emirates we had an upgrade program where cabin crew would slowly climb from class to class. At the time i left, I was business class crew and my salary was around 9500 dhs without including allowances, duty free or accomodation (just basic plus duty time).

Thing is i left Emirates 2 years ago and now that i tried rejoining, they are not hiring people. So i just applied for Etihad.

Can anyone please give me a small comparison between the two regarding salary? I read on the website that a normal salary consists of a basic of around 3000aed, and a duty pay of 210aed per duty day. On a 20 duty day month, final salary wouldn't be much greater than 6000 aed, and that doesn't make sense when u live in the UAE. Can anyone please tell me?

Thanks! and sorry for posting here.

Aeromar27
3rd Aug 2009, 11:51
That is great info and great news as well.

Thanks!

So, since all the info on the employment forum is out of date, let me ask you one more thing. When i started working for Emirates i didnt need to fill in an application since there was an open day that anyone could just go to, here in Madrid. This time I've completed the EY online application. Do i still have to wait until they conduct assessments in my city? How does that go.

Thank you for your time.

Aeromar27
3rd Aug 2009, 12:16
Great then. Thanks again. I hope they value the fact that i worked for EK in the past.

elisa4
3rd Aug 2009, 13:01
Well any kind of customer service experience is valued : )

Having worked for EK is not necessarily an automatic entrance ticket for EY..

Some prefer people who have never worked for an airline before, so they can "mould" them better to their own standards

Just apply when the time is right and use your experience on the interview, that should be enough : D

KEFREN82
3rd Aug 2009, 13:03
There is a new Assessment day scheduled in Japan, but it hasn't be assessed yet.
Just keep on looking when it is going to be assessed! bye!

Foodie
3rd Aug 2009, 17:04
hi everyone,

am new here and I used the "search" to look for some info on the interview for F & B managers in Etihad, but didnt really find anything.

could someone tell me where I can find more info on the interview, or maybe someone who went for the interview recently can help...

what kind of tests do we have to do? is it specifically wine knowledge or french cuisine or... ?

I am considering to apply, but am not sure if I have enough background;

many thanks for any input

want_to_fly
4th Aug 2009, 00:02
From my own judgement, I think the reason why they're hosting an AD in Japan is because they need more Japanese cabin crew. This is because they're starting new routes to Tokyo by 2010, therefore they need some Japanese speaking cabin crews ready. I remember one of the recruiters from the AD in Melbourne which I attended way back in March mentioned of some routes expansion...

Anyway, congratulations to those who have made it and start their training soon! pray hard and hope for the best that the airline industry will pick up soon and have more recruitment days in months to come! :ok:

God bless

x

racheldebuitleir
4th Aug 2009, 11:02
want to fly
You mentioned tokyo will be a new route. Where did you hear this and do you or does anyone happen to know about what other new routes are planned for 2010 ?

Im also wondering if some existing EY crew could elaborate on the promotional prospects for cabin crew. What exactly are the ranks you can move up along, and how long does it take for each step up? Does previous experience tend to mean you can apply for promotion sooner? I've been flying for a few years now and im determined to work right up into recruitment, training and management eventually so I would love to know more specifically about the career path in Etihad. Im really looking for detail on this subject if anyone can offer me that please?

Thanks a mill.

lovelysmile
4th Aug 2009, 11:44
One Source: Routes News
Etihad Airways has been awarded rights to start a five times weekly service between Abu Dhabi and Tokyo from March 2010.

want_to_fly
4th Aug 2009, 21:51
rachel lovelysmile just answered your question ahaha.

I think chicago is the next destination isn't? Melbourne was quite recent, only a few months ago they started flying there.

KEFREN82
5th Aug 2009, 15:23
Etihad announced today a NEW route to India starting from November 2009!!!
It will start with 4 days a week and it will improve during the following months

Happy news for all of us! :P

racheldebuitleir
6th Aug 2009, 11:34
anyone know what the baggage allowance is when your moving to abu dhabi to start training?

danni14
6th Aug 2009, 12:32
Hi racheldebuitleir,

Yes you are allowed to take 60kgs all together. I have started packing this week and I am putting mine into 3 suitcases of 20kgs each. xx

Nickvan
6th Aug 2009, 13:44
Guy becareful if you are travelling from your hometown to connect with an Etihad Flight. On the first Flight you MAY need to pay the excess charges on that Airline. As EY just books the ticket and usually makes no note in the system.
Keep the receipt as you will get reimbursed on arrival into AUH.

KEFREN82
6th Aug 2009, 15:29
No Nickyvan,
in our information it is written that you don't have to pay extra baggage in case you have a direct fly with Etihad, for example, Milan-Abu Dhabi.

While it is written that if you have to take a connection with another airline, in that case you have to pay the extra baggage. Etihad will not reimburse you. That is what I read. So, if you have a direct flight with Etihad no problem for the 60Kg, if it is not the case, pay attention and do not exceed so much!!!
Bye!

Nickvan
7th Aug 2009, 00:56
KEFERN82,
They must have changed it. As new joiners back in the day were able to get reimbusment with the excess charges. Oh well sorry to those who have to pay. Kg rates arent cheap nowdays.:ugh:

Aeromar27
8th Aug 2009, 13:07
It always depends on the airline. Im from Spain and when i joined EK (different company, i know, but example still applies), i had to fly MAD-FRA-DXB. The Madrid Frankfurt leg was on Lufthansa and although i had excess baggage, i told them the story (cause there is some kind of camaraderie here in Spain among airline industry workers). Listen, i've been recruited to live in another country blablabla, and i have to take all my life with me. "EMIRATES?? HOW LUCKY!, Ok, no problem with your excess baggage. Have a good flight", was the answer. I took, one guitar, one bass guitar, one desktop computer, 2 monitors, and obviously all my clothes :). Couldn't live without any of those.

KEFREN82
8th Aug 2009, 16:19
yes of course!!! But you can't rely on Spaniards kindness!!! In Spain they are so friendly and "out of the rules", and maybe was a wonderful day that day for the check-in girl or boy...
I mean, if you are in Swiss or Germany (it's just an example) maybe they are a bit stricter and they follow stricly the rules on baggage limit! :)

So, if you are lucky that is what happened to you, if not, well, the rules are different if you fly with another (Nickvan was right, sorry, they will reimburse you the receipt):

here the rules:

Q 4. Does the 60 Kgs rule apply even if I am flying with a different carrier?
A. No. In this situation we need for you to please pay for the excess baggage for the non Etihad sector. Please retain the original receipt and apply for reimbursement once you arrive in Abu Dhabi.

racheldebuitleir
10th Aug 2009, 11:04
All those who are desperately waiting for a european open day there is one in DUBLIN on 12th august!! hurry hurry! Its on the website, under the notice about technical workers open day its says cabin crew and F&B managers are also welcome to attend and register on the day!

Mari
10th Aug 2009, 15:23
Rachel,

what is exactly an open day?! What can we expect?! Do you have any information about it?!

I thought Etihad holds usually Assessment Days! This event is not even advertised on cabincrew.com!

I know that there used to be Open days (mostly in 2006-7) in Bahrain, Abu etc. and roadshows in the past. I'm a bit confused: I thought that there are a lot of people in the holding pool. Is it just registration or there will be assessment on the same day or during the week?!

Are they really looking for experienced Cabin Managers?! Does it mean that they hire Direct Entry Pursers?! I haven't seen the requirements anywhere...

If you have any useful information, please, let us know.

Thank you in advance!

racheldebuitleir
10th Aug 2009, 16:21
Hi Mari,

It looks to me that since they are coming to Ireland to recruit technical personnel its probably just economical to recruit crew as well i guess. Of course there is a holding pool but they will surely need more crew next year and maybe they plan to add more to the pool so that new people are ready to be taken on as soon as the need arises.

I have been to an 'OPEN DAY' for Emirates before and it was basically the same as an Etihad assessment, the only difference being that at the Open day, very unsuitable, uninvited people turn up and they are screened and sent away and then assessment began, wheres as an 'Assessment centre' usually would only have invited people who are already pre-screened. Maybe if cabin crew register at this open day in dublin and Etihad like them, they might be put on a list for a future assessment, or they might get an assessment a day or two later or maybe even the same day...who knows. Its worth a shot anyway for anybody who is dying to get the foot in the door because it may be quite a while before they come back recruiting again.

Mikejr
10th Aug 2009, 16:34
Thats Good!

Etihad to hold Dublin open day in bid to fill 50 positions - Ireland, Breaking News - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk (http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breaking-news/ireland/etihad-to-hold-dublin-open-day-in-bid-to-fill-50-positions-14448915.html)

busygirl
11th Aug 2009, 09:10
50 places? So how about the people still waiting for joining dates? Iīm so sure we are more than 50 waiting, ....and knowing nothing about our futures .:ugh:

racheldebuitleir
11th Aug 2009, 11:29
busygirl i wouldnt worry if i were you. im sure any cabin crew who might get recruited tomorrow wont start any sooner than the others that are already waiting. It looks like they need technical crew and are probably just accepting applications from cabin crew as well just to get ahead of themseleves. It makes sense. When they recruited us they didnt exactly need us then either did they! They just got us in and onto to the list so we are there when they need us to start.

jaye
11th Aug 2009, 15:39
I think they usually like to have CC selected and ready to go as soon as they need them, sort of as standy-by's and obviously the recruitment process takes a few months from Open Day to DoJ with medicals, and whatnot so if they are recruiting now it probably means they are going to be using the "stand-by's" they have now (ie you guys) pretty soon so it makes sense that they would need to start the recruitment process to have more available :ok:

mellymoo
12th Aug 2009, 00:08
They called to say Nov/Dec time for more crew to go over but that isnt in stone... they called me at the weekend to let me know. Which was nice of them, i thought it was at least they havent forgotten xxx

Beatac
12th Aug 2009, 03:38
Hi All,

I have just joined this forum and am fairly new to the whole recruitment process, you infor and comments have been very interesting and helpful to someone in my shoes:ok:

Just a quick Q, I have missed the assesment day Etihad had in Brisbane (I live in Sydney) but have seen that they have some planned for Europe. I have family in Warsaw ans believe they will be there in Oct (was thinking of going and kill 2 birds with 1 stone!). Can you just turn up to these or do you need to be invited via email? I have obviously submitted my app on line but given that I have missed Oz recruitment I am worried they may not be back here for some time?

Any info greatly appreciated!:)

jaye
12th Aug 2009, 04:16
Anyone can go to an Open Day, but you have to be invited to an Assessment Day. Hope this helps :ok: xx

jaye
12th Aug 2009, 04:35
Just wanna say lots of luck to everyone going to Dublin today! Knock 'em dead then get back on here to tell us how brilliantly it went! ;)

xxxx

lovelysmile
12th Aug 2009, 06:37
Thank you Mellymoo! Your update is really appreciated. At least it is still a possibility that there will be trainings for some of us this year...maybe only in September we will know...

Beatac
12th Aug 2009, 10:05
Jay, I understand you're in Perth, have you been invited to any AD here in Oz?? Since the one in Brisbane has been and gone I'm wondering what the likelyhood of any others...or do they also recruit via phone interviews? Just wondering if there is still hope or if I should stop biting my nails now! Ta:)

racheldebuitleir
12th Aug 2009, 11:26
beatac, there doesnt seem to be any recruitment days planned at the moment for anywhere other than Japan ( and the date is TBA) unless you know something we dont? The website doesnt have any advertised anyway. i imagine they will have more in the new year probably in aus as well. If one comes up in europe around the time you plan to come anyway..then go for it, but i wouldnt suggest coming to europe hoping that one will come up while you are here!

racheldebuitleir
12th Aug 2009, 11:30
who was it that called? did they say anything else of any interest? I wonder why they dont just send an update email to everyone in the pool! :(

durancabano
12th Aug 2009, 11:51
I did my assessment day on the 16th Feb. at London Heathrow. Little bit sick of waiting so i sent Kimberley an e-mail asking what's going on. Got no reply, only a out of office auto reply saying she's on Holiday until 25th Aug. Sent Stephen Burgess one of the Cabin Crew Managers the same message aswel and got this reply:

Our apologies that you have been waiting for some time to hear about start dates for training courses. We are waiting for the confirmation of training courses at the end of this year and once this has been done we will have a clearer idea of when those on hold will be able to start. At the moment I do not have any information on when this may be. You are in our holding pool and, if you are still interested in joining us, as soon as we have places to offer we shall be contacting you with further details.

Many thanks for your patience as we realise that you are keen to join and start flying. We shall be in touch as soon as we can.

Best regards

lovelysmile
12th Aug 2009, 12:28
For you guys from the February AD this waiting must be even more frustrating especially because you know that quite a few people have already been contacted from your group to start soon...

By now I just only hope we all get go still this year...I really wish so!

cragle
12th Aug 2009, 18:14
im from the 16th February assesment day and it feels like ages ago lol. Id be happy with a start date in 2009 x lets hope it happens x

mellymoo
12th Aug 2009, 22:09
they called me for a kind of informal chat, and asked what position I left my old company at, they said that Etihad are hoping about Nov/Dec time to start with the training at that our files were with HR. Thats all she said really nothing else, have to be honest as my flatmate answered the phone he didnt know what airline it was and so only at the end of the conversation did I ask who it was - duh I know bit stupid of me, but i will also be grateful if its this year as well. Would be great if the training was with some of the guys on the AD in feb xxxx

Foodie
13th Aug 2009, 09:18
Does anyone know something about the assesment for F & B managers??
Am considering to apply, but not sure if I have enough background.

I used the search button, but it didnt give much info

So I would like to find out if they test mostly wine knowledge or french cuisine or management skills or....

Any piece of advice would be much appreciated, since I dont have a clue right now.

eeh
13th Aug 2009, 13:24
can anyone tell me any age restrictions for EY to apply to be a flight attendant??? thanks

jaye
13th Aug 2009, 18:52
lower age limit is 21, not sure on upper age limit but i think its 35.

Beatac
13th Aug 2009, 23:51
To anyone that attended....how did AD go in Dublin???

AINI
13th Aug 2009, 23:53
there is no max age limit restriction at EY. as long as you are suitable for the job any age will do

prognosis
16th Aug 2009, 11:31
Hi guys, has anyone else heard from HR or the recruitment team? Who is still on hold waiting for training dates to be organised?

mellymoo
16th Aug 2009, 22:58
16th feb lhr assessment day duran,cragle and me still awaiting a date...

lauralou
17th Aug 2009, 07:38
I attended the AD at LHR May 4th and was invited last week to have an interview for Cabin Manager position. I asked them during the interview when training was likely to start. They couldn't tell me. Sorry.

racheldebuitleir
17th Aug 2009, 16:17
Whats this? Do you mean you were successful at the normal assessment centre, and out of the blue they called you about a cabin manager interview?

lauralou
17th Aug 2009, 20:46
Yip. I was successful in May at LHR then last Sunday they called me inviting me over for Cabin Manager position. I have 13 years' flying experience. I was on my way to Dubai anyway so went along. I asked during the interview if they knew when training would start for those in the holding pool, they couldn't tell me.

They are looking internally and externally for Cabin Managers (those with flying experience).

Sorry, they couldn't tell me any more.

yucyme
17th Aug 2009, 21:02
NYC February 8th interview . Myself and 4 more waiting ... Waiting waiting...

prognosis
18th Aug 2009, 11:38
There is possibly four of us from the Melbourne recruitment in March. Myself and one other are confirmed to be waiting. I have been told the beginning of next year as people who were recruited from January and February shall be given priority. It seems things may be going in order now. My guess is that January and February groups will go through in November and December. Good luck to all of those still waiting... Hang in there ;)

KorDenSer
18th Aug 2009, 16:08
Hello!
Are there candidates from Russia who are still waiting when a joining date will be defined by Etihad HR department? :)

julia82
18th Aug 2009, 16:25
Hey..
I'm also still waiting (26th January).......
:(

nkeane23
18th Aug 2009, 21:03
My first AD for any airline & was happy with how it went in Dublin. Rercruiters were lovely & made us feel very comfortable. It actually turned out to be a fun day. There was 31 people hoping for the Cabin Crew positions. We had a group assessment after the presentation & English tests. I got an email today asking me to attend a final interview...yippee!!!!! :) No idea when they are back in Dublin though.

danni14
18th Aug 2009, 21:25
Hey guys,

Well not long for me now, I leave for Abu Dhabi on Thursday. Can't believe its time to go.

Just want to say a very big good luck to all of you in the holding pool. Just think, If they have had an open day in Dublin then that can only be a good thing. They are still looking for people and must be planning courses soon. As soon as they have sorted all the medicals/flights and visas for the people that have already been given a course then I'm sure they will move on and plan the next batch of courses for November onwards.

xx

mellymoo
19th Aug 2009, 10:28
Well done danni stay in touch to let us know where they put you accommodation wise and any important info, have a ball and enjoy it xx

Laura they called me 2 weeks ago also asking what position I left my last airline as well, but didnt offer Cabin Manager position, I was a Senior with 10 years experience but well done. I think they are looking for A320 cabin managers?? could be wrong but well done as well xx

Mari
19th Aug 2009, 16:40
Hi nenkae!

Congrats!!!!!

Was it the Open Day on 12th? It was a week ago, did they let you wait so long with the answer OR was the 12th a Registration day and the Assessment was on another day this week?

What type of people are they looking for, what do you think? Age, background, look, second language etc.

You mentioned about the English Test: were there a lot of people from other countries?

Can you tell me if there was anybody from Ryanair who made it to the finals?

I would appreciate the answers or any "hints".

I'm sure the interview will go just fine.
Fingers crossed.

racheldebuitleir
19th Aug 2009, 21:25
Hi guys,

I asked before about how long it takes to move up to business and first class and senior etc but Im wondering if anyone can tell me what experience is required to branch out into the recruitment department or into cabin crew training?

Thanks

Dyanara
20th Aug 2009, 06:34
Hello guys,
Does anyone of you who has a DOJ and medicals done know how long it takes to receive an answer from HR regarding the medicals? Because I'm waiting for about three weeks and I became a little bit worried.

Thanks in advance!!!

KEFREN82
20th Aug 2009, 07:28
don't worry it's normal. I waited for 3 weeks or more too, but then they sent me an email where they said I am medically fit.
It just take a bit, maybe because it august, don't know.
bye!!!

jcelinap
20th Aug 2009, 09:32
Hi guys I can say that 4 of the assesment BCN on february are still waiting, they have called 1 and give him DOJ 25 october

Dyanara
20th Aug 2009, 10:40
Maybe you're right Kefren but I'm worried because in my medicals I have a little problem with my heart (blowing sistolic)...most of the people have this minor problem, so I'm not sure what criterions they have there:confused:.
Does anyone off you know something abot this?
Thanks!!!

yuja13
20th Aug 2009, 14:19
Dyanara maybe you should follow up with them if you have been waiting for 3 weeks. I sent off my medicals last week and I heard from them yesterday so it took only about a week to get a response from them. But I'm sure everything is ok with your medicals. I'm crossing my fingers for you.