PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet - 3

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

cesare.caldi
14th Nov 2006, 17:34
Previous Easyjet Part 2 here:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2962799#post2962799

From Easy's presentation re its FY2006 results, it looks like most new aircraft in the FY to Sept 2007 are going to overseas bases. For UK bases, it seems only LGW & BRS are earmarked for more based aircraft, being 2 & 1 respectively.

Do you have any news about new aircraft will be base in MXP?

Bell Rhyni
14th Nov 2006, 18:43
Van Bosh

can't see such a large expansion happeninng out of such a small base as BFS, certainly if there are no a/c available. Any future expansion is going to have to come from greater utilisation of existing a/c (hard to imagine much slack in EZYs operation in this regard) or "flying in" a/c from other bases.

Possible but how likely?

paultu
14th Nov 2006, 19:17
Hello
Sorry if this has gone before, it is my first message.
Aircraft weight and balance I understand, but easyjet (europe) load people at randon, sometimes the planes are half full.
How does the weight and balance formula work when there is no apparent knowledge of who sits where, whether female, male or child, eampty seat not the individuals weight, let alone the people that change seats or spread accross 2 or 3 seats when planes are almost empty.
[email protected]
many thanks to you all
paul

fly20
14th Nov 2006, 20:32
with a/c such as the 73 aor a319 the weight and balance isnt such an issue, and an a/c is rarely out of trim. passengers will more than likely spread themselves troughout the plane anyway - some sit near front to get off quickly, some like the exit rows over the wings, and other like being at the back so they can go to the toilet without people watching. also, ezy operate at fairly high load factors - 70%+ and unless eveyone sits right at the back then the a/c is unliekly to be out of trim! checkin agents rarely seat people according to a trim spec anyway so all seating is essentially random from a weight balacne point of view!

Hank Birofski
14th Nov 2006, 20:37
From the investor relations presentation released today with the full year results
there will be (in the next year) additional aircraft at Gatwick +2, Madrid +4, Bristol +1, Geneva +2, Malpensa +3 & Tactical +3.

Details here (http://www.easyjet.com/common/img/investor_pres_YE_FINAL.pdf)

page 25

ezpz
14th Nov 2006, 21:19
How does the weight and balance formula work when there is no apparent knowledge of who sits where, whether female, male or child, eampty seat not the individuals weight, let alone the people that change seats or spread accross 2 or 3 seats when planes are almost empty.

It is one of the responsibilities of the cabin crew to ensure their is an even distribution of passengers throughout the cabin.

CLEAR4T/O
15th Nov 2006, 18:06
Major new easyJet aircraft order
easyJet EXERCISES OPTIONS OVER 52 AIRBUS 319 AIRCRAFT
SECURES OPTIONS OVER A FURTHER 75 A320 FAMILY AIRCRAFT
104 AIRCRAFT NOW ON FIRM ORDER WORTH OVER $4 BILLION

Good news all round. They will be in constant recruitment for years to come as their current aircraft orders are still arriving, not to mention this cheeky purchase.

cougafer
16th Nov 2006, 11:49
NEW route from Edinburgh to Munich

easyJet, Europe's leading low-fares airline, today announced it would be bringing more low-fares to Scotland by adding a new direct European route from Edinburgh. The daily service to Munich will bring the total number of destinations served by easyJet from its Edinburgh base to nine, with an overall capacity increase of 5%.The airline expects to carry almost 100,000 passengers on this route in the first 12 months.Earlier this year easyJet converted its bases at Edinburgh and Glasgow to solely Airbus operations, replacing the current fleet of Boeing 737 aircraft with brand new Airbus 319s. This move, together with the expansion of its Glasgow operations earlier this year, reflects easyJet’s continued commitment to its future in Scotland.
David Osborne, easyJet UK General Manager Commercial, commented:
“easyJet is thrilled to be bringing this direct new route from Edinburgh to Munich. The German city is an important business centre as well as a historic and cultural city, ideal for business passengers and for weekend breaks. This direct route is not only advantageous for Scots on business and leisure but will also bring economic benefit to Scotland by bringing German tourists to the region.
This new route is the first step in easyJet’s expansion plans for Edinburgh in 2007 and we look forward to announcing more new routes in the coming weeks.”

"This new route is the first step in easyJet’s expansion plans for Edinburgh in 2007 and we look forward to announcing more new routes in the coming weeks.”

Seems a bit like what we heard when Belfast-Krakow, and we're still waiting........

ICING AOA
18th Nov 2006, 12:20
are there any delays expected for the MAD -> Morroco routes ?

monkey lover
19th Nov 2006, 12:16
MAD-RAK (Marrakech) and MAD-CMN (Casablanca) so far starting in Feb 07

All the best ML

cesare.caldi
25th Nov 2006, 15:44
EZY will release it's flights schedule soon. Here are the dates:
Batch 1 - UK Regional bases - To be on sale late Monday Nov 27th
Batch 2 - LTN and STN bases. - To be on sale by Saturday Dec 2nd
Batch 3 - GVA and BSL bases - To be on sale by Wednesday 6th Dec
Batch 4 - LGW, ORY, SXF and DTM bases - To be on sale by Saturday Dec 9th.
Batch 5 - MXP and MAD bases - To be on sale by Friday 15th December.
From Airliners.net

cesare.caldi
27th Nov 2006, 16:54
Easyjet open new route Bristol to Bordeaux daily from 3 April 2007.

toledoashley
27th Nov 2006, 17:21
From easy's website:

We are releasing our summer flights
so now is the perfect opportunity to plan a visit to some of the new destinations that we will be flying to!

Have a quick read of the info below offering some key reasons on why you should definitely visit all these great new destinations this year:

Departing from London Gatwick

Pisa
Famous for its Leaning Tower, but also the gateway to Tuscany and a perfect place from which to visit the beautiful town of Florence.

Sicily
Home to the tallest volcano in Europe, Mount Etna, as well as the legendary home of the Mafia, this place is bursting with architecture, stunning scenery and of course stunning food!

Krakow (flights commencing September 2007)
The oldest and largest city in Poland, Krakow is considered by many to be Poland’s capital of culture. It also boasts a very lively nightlife, so a perfect destination to visit whatever mood you’re in!

Fez (flights commencing September 2007)
The third largest city in Morocco, it is one of the four so-called "imperial cities". Fez is separated into three parts, Fez el Bali (the old, walled city), Fez-Jdid (new Fez, home of the Mellah), and the Ville Nouvelle (the French-created, newest section of Fez).

Departing from London Luton

Ibiza
Legendary for its world class summer clubbing scene, Ibiza is also a popular choice of destination for the rich and famous, many of whom own a house on the island. A great year-round destination, you can party all night and relax all day!

Departing from Bristol

Bordeaux
Known as the world's wine capital Bordeaux wine draws its name from the city around which it has been produced since the 8th century. The city also hosts the wine industry's biggest event worldwide: Vinexpo. So what could be better a weeks holiday with the world’s best wine!

Departing from Edinburgh

Munich
A popular destination and often referred to as Germany’s secret capital. This city is steeped in culture from art galleries to architecture – but if culture’s not your thing, you can always look forward to the legendary Munich beer festival instead!

Departing from Belfast

Krakow
The oldest and largest city in Poland, Krakow is considered by many to be Poland’s capital of culture. It also boasts a very lively nightlife, so a perfect destination to visit whatever mood you’re in!

Departing from Newcastle

Krakow
The oldest and largest city in Poland, Kraków is considered by many to be Poland’s capital of culture. It also boasts a very lively nightlife, so a perfect destination to visit whatever mood you’re in!

Mahon
The capital of Minorca, this is perhaps the lesser known of the Ballearic Islands. A great place to visit all year round, this place is definitely consideration if a quiet relaxing holiday is what you had in mind.

michaelknight
27th Nov 2006, 18:15
Does anyone know what type of aircraft Easyjet are going to base in MAD? I heard it was 7 or 8 B737s. Can anyone advise?

MK

cesare.caldi
27th Nov 2006, 18:51
michaelknight

In MAD only Airbus fleet.

For now 3 A319 based, but more will be added later...

PAXboy
27th Nov 2006, 23:27
My apologies if this has been discussed into the ground on a previous incarnation of this thread.

I have not used EZy for six months and just looking to book now, I have just noticed that they are oferring the £5 priority boarding thing.

How long have they had this and how is it going? Looks like LGW first?

Thanks.

Bagmanlgw
28th Nov 2006, 10:23
PAXBOY

It works as long as the aircraft at Gatwick is not out on the west park and on a jetty . All that happens then is you get on the bus first :( !!!
Dont know when you are going but during the summer at least 6 Easy flights a day first wave stuck out there .
After that most get a gate from 12:00 onwards

No pattern to which flights are out on the West park either all down to what they allocate to that particular aircraft overnight

Bagmanlgw

PAXboy
29th Nov 2006, 12:28
Bagmanlgw Thanks for that, will probably be going out from LTN, which is my local field.

Are many people taking this up?
Did EZY start this after RYR?
When RYR announced this, discussion in here suggested that so many would take it up that it would be almost pointless.
What about families? There was enraged debate in SLF forum about RYR not giving priority to families sitting together.

Getoutofmygalley
29th Nov 2006, 16:46
Paxboy

easyJet started this before Ryanair and it is available to just the first 20 pax per flight.

Once at the gate, customers will be boarded according to priority;
• Wheelchair passengers and convicts
• Speedy Boarders (SBs)
• Pre-boards (PBs)
• Boarding group A
• Boarding group B
• Boarding group C
• Boarding group D

LGS6753
29th Nov 2006, 17:15
I used EZY twice yesterday and on both occasions around 8-10 pax were priority (LTN-GLA-LTN).

cesare.caldi
11th Dec 2006, 22:16
Easyjet open new route Paris ORY to Athens daily from 4 May 2007.

Charlie Roy
13th Dec 2006, 19:21
Easyjet have announced a new route from Geneva to Porto.
The route is already operated by TAP.

Easyjet also announced Geneva to Bordeaux today.
The route is already operated by Air France.

airhumberside
18th Dec 2006, 13:07
New routes from EDI to MAD, MXP and PMI announced. Anyone know if any other routes will be dropped to make way for these?

cesare.caldi
18th Dec 2006, 17:37
airhumberside

EDI-MXP and EDI-MAD will be operated by MXP and MAD based plane.

Easyjet also increase frequency of EDI-AMS.

A new Easyjet plane will be based in EDI (from 3 to 4 based plane)

airhumberside
19th Dec 2006, 08:32
Are any routes at MAD and MXP being dropped then to make way for EDI?

Sanjo
19th Dec 2006, 09:49
No again...

these are newly based aircrafts at both MXP and MAD. this is the original plan as presented in their investors presentation a few weeks ago.

holgate
19th Dec 2006, 16:17
Just a quick one guys,.....anybody know when the LIS-MXP flites are released for summer,....or is the route getting chopped?

Thanks in advance

holgate:)

cesare.caldi
21st Dec 2006, 19:03
holgate

All Easyjet route from MXP base are now on sale!

cesare.caldi
21st Dec 2006, 20:40
Easyjet reopen London Luton-Cagliari (Sardinia) as seasonal summer route from 28/03 to 17/09.

From 28/03 to 17/05 5x week 1-3-5-6-7
From 18/05 to 17/09 daily

ryan2000
22nd Dec 2006, 00:05
It would be great to see you back in Cork in 2007. Go for it Easyjet!

True Blue
27th Dec 2006, 22:48
Does anyone know if easy have released all their flights for the summer? Interested in Lgw, but from mid-July it is only showing 4 daily weekdays, 5 up to then. Is there more flights to be added? Stn is the same.

True Blue

Charlie Roy
5th Jan 2007, 16:20
Easyjet will shortly announce a new route from Geneva to Brussels BRU :D

Flights will be daily and start on June 29th.
Flights will increase to twice daily from September.

cesare.caldi
5th Jan 2007, 16:50
Easyjet will shortly announce a new route from Geneva to Brussels BRU :D

Flights will be daily and start on June 29th.
Flights will increase to twice daily from September.

What's the source of this news?

cesare.caldi
5th Jan 2007, 16:52
Easyjet open new routes:

Berlin SXF- Venice VCE daily from 11 May
Berlin SXF- Lisbon LIS daily from 11 May
Geneva GVA- Cagliari CAG daily from 29/06 to 09/09 (seasonal summer route)

All this routes are on sale now!

Charlie Roy
5th Jan 2007, 18:44
Source of the news regarding Geneva - Brussels is Easyjet's own inflight magazine.

Also aviation forum, www.luchtzak.be (http://www.luchtzak.be), is talking about Luton - Brussels and also Madrid - Brussels being in the pipeline.

en2r
5th Jan 2007, 20:09
The people of Brussels must be rejoicing. As far as I know there are NO Low Cost Carrier's operating from Brussels airport, they all operate to Charleroi.

cesare.caldi
5th Jan 2007, 21:41
As far as I know there are NO Low Cost Carrier's operating from Brussels airport, they all operate to Charleroi.

There are several low cost at BRU: Virgin Express, Skyeurope, Atlas Blue, Vueling, Corendon....

cesare.caldi
9th Jan 2007, 17:00
Easyjet open two new routes:

London LGW- La Rochelle daily from 14/07 to 09/09 (seasonal summer service)

Madrid MAD- Palma de Maiorca PMI daily from 26/02

B737_FL410
10th Jan 2007, 12:28
Hello everybody,

i'm invited for an assessment for EZY.
i'm applying for DCT entry as i have a type rating B737NG with 100+ hours
can anyone tell me what i can expect for selection, simulator screening, interview, etc, etc..
it would be very helpfull!!!
plz PM me with info...
thanks very much already!!

grz!!

Getoutofmygalley
10th Jan 2007, 15:54
B737_FL410

Your request should really go into Terms and Endearment, there is a vast amount of data in their with regards to easyJet and the selection process.

You might find that your request for information might not get answered in here as flight crew don't always browse this particular forum.

Go to Terms and Endearment, have a browse, use the search facility if necessary and then if you can't find anything I am sure one of our lovely easyJet flight crew will be able to assist you :)

toledoashley
10th Jan 2007, 17:36
Has Geneva - Cagliari been launched in the place of Geneva - Brussels?

Charlie Roy
10th Jan 2007, 17:41
toledoashley

The Brussels' routes won't be announced just yet. When? I do not know.

An aircraft from Geneva will fly something like:
GVA - NCE - BRU - GVA - BRU - NCE - GVA

Also to be announced: LTN - BRU and MAD - BRU.

boeing 737 fan
24th Jan 2007, 19:38
hi everyone does anybody know when easyjet are planning to retire their 737s and just have a319s in the fleet

gms1991
24th Jan 2007, 21:50
They have a 10 eyar lease on the a/c, but I don't know when that ends.

There was a small article in a certain airline magazine late last year that said that the first of the 737s would be sent to GOL in South America. Don't know if this has happend or not?

Off Stand
24th Jan 2007, 22:55
Yes, I saw a picture on airliners.net a couple of days ago of JE in GOL colours.

25th Jan 2007, 09:42
Boeing's are going to be around for a while yet. . . .

Powerjet1
25th Jan 2007, 09:53
Has a date been set when staff will take up residence in the new easy HQ at Luton.

outofsynch
25th Jan 2007, 21:42
Late this month (Jan) I believe, but not all at once!

ezpz
26th Jan 2007, 18:34
Was in the new HQ 3 weeks ago - and there was a lot of work still to do. No news about the move yet.

Ye Olde Pilot
7th Feb 2007, 07:52
I'm voting with my feet on this one. The new tax means it is cheaper to route regional low cost to AMS etc than endure the journey and hell of Heathrow.
From the BBC site.

Easyjet knocks air passenger duty

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42059000/jpg/_42059322_easyjet203afp.jpg Easyjet says the duty is unfair

Budget airline Easyjet has attacked the recent doubling of UK Air Passenger Duty, describing the charge as "an ineffective environmental tax".
The carrier said the duty was unfair as it did not apply to freight flights or recognise that some airlines have more efficient planes than others.
Easyjet says its flights are 27% more fuel efficient per passenger than the European airline average.
The airline saw passenger numbers for the last three months of 2006 rise 10%.
It also predicted that its profits for year to December were set to rise by 40-50%, despite the carrier facing a 7% rise in its fuel bill for the first half of its financial year.
New planes
Rules doubling the amount of passenger duty people pay when taking flights from the UK came into force last week. UK Air Passenger Duty now starts at £10 for an economy class flight within the UK or Europe, rising to £80 for a business or first class ticket on a long-haul flight. However, Easyjet said that by investing in newer planes it had been able to reduce its carbon dioxide emissions by 18% per passenger since 2000.

eastern wiseguy
7th Feb 2007, 09:13
I likewise will vote with my feet....I am a regular traveller to CLE from BFS ...now it is much cheaper to routre DUB-CLE-BFS....and I get to clear immigration at DUB....:hmm:

CaptainProp
7th Feb 2007, 09:53
I believe this "environment" tax is a BIG step in the RIGHT direction and something that we HAVE to get used to in the years to come...
As Im sure most of you have noticed, we are slowly killing our planet, the only place, so far anyway, where we can live, survive...
Leaders around the world, except Bush that is, are finaly getting their heads out of the sand! Meassurements like these are crutial for our long term existance.... Some of you may say "Well, the aviation industry only stands for x% of total emissions", "Agriculture stands for a much higher % of pollution" etc etc....this is true, BUT, we have to start somewhere!
The EU commission is just about to rule on car emission.
From CNN online today:
"It (EU commission) will decide Wednesday just how it can decrease average emissions from new and imported cars by 2012 as the car industry calls on other factors, like taxation and cleaner fuel, to play a part.
Rising CO2 emissions from transportation -- both road and aviation -- jeopardize the EU's efforts to cut the amount of greenhouse gases that the region releases.
At the same time, car makers are set to miss a target they set with the European Commission nine years ago to bring down average emissions from new and imported cars to 140 grams of CO2 per kilometer by 2008. Although emissions have been falling, they have not gone far enough, hitting 162 grams in 2005.
Now the EU executive is threatening a binding lower limit for 2012 -- but the car industry will not have to bear that alone as the EU promises to boost the use of biofuels and cleaner fossil fuels."
Get used to it, because we have only seen the begining of this... If you dont like paying these new "taxes" - Drive less, go on holiday less often, have a telephone/live internet business meeting instead of flying to see your business partners (and save your company money at the same time), eat less meat. Start using more environmently alternatives when available, yes they are often the more expensive alternative, but if you start using them they will be able to get more competative and will eventually fall in price....

Simple as that! :}

cHeKEd foR spIlling...

Rainboe
7th Feb 2007, 10:53
Another Eco-Nazi! Paying Robber Brown more tax is not going to do anything for the health of the planet- Brown is on a massive money-raising campaign, and that is all there is to it, whilst we let him stay in power. Look mate, the world warms up and it cools down- all the time- it is never stable. We came out of an ice-age 10-20,000 years ago, and we are in a warm up cycle- it's all to do with the precession of the ecliptic and the spinning of the polar axis. The world will go into a cool down cycle eventually, like it has hundreds of times before, and once again Birmingham will be covered with ice 2 miles thick. It happens, sorry Birmingham, but I don't think you will be missed with that accent. Sorry for the Polar Bears and Penguins, it's nature. But it's fashionable for us to blame western democracies and ourselves for being the culprits. The world has a restoring force that keeps the atmosphere at least survivable (otherwise we would have not got this far in the development of life- but when you watch Eastenders, maybe we've used up all our rights to life). It's gonna warm up and be great for the tan, like eventually it's gonna freeze. But I am fed up with dodgy scientists using dodgy scientific data to produce dodgy scientific 'horror stories' that me and my BMW are destroying the planet. It's nonsense. There was a time all of India was a festering open volcano (as was Yellowstone) producing millions of times the CO2 humanity is. The Earth restored itself, and it will do again. Instead of punishing ourselves for being alive, I would far rather see Eco-Nazis saving rainforests and getting ridding of filthy diesel trains and buses and cows and their methane farts, and co-operating on nuclear energy. Then I would believe you were serious!

BIG E
7th Feb 2007, 11:38
The priorities are all wrong,take my old man,he developed a bus engine that is odourless and environmentally friendly,he got a big order from london buses,then what happens?the government stopped all grants making the engines unaffordable and now he's in danger of going out of business,does anyones seriously think the APD will make such a difference.When pax figures continue to increase will they admit it hasn't and reduce it? Will they bollox.I'm all for doing our bit but why not look at making airway structures and ATC more efficient and direct which would make a difference,its enough to make your pi$$ boil..

rant over

DONTTELLTHEPAX
7th Feb 2007, 11:46
I would have liked to have seen Mr Brown doubling the road tax on
HGV's, they would have blocked roads and brought the country to a stand still, so he went for the easy target, what would Mr brown do
if say, Ryanair, Easyjet and other Airlines blocked Londons Airports.

Groundloop
7th Feb 2007, 11:56
what would Mr brown do
if say, Ryanair, Easyjet and other Airlines blocked Londons Airports.

Use Northolt.

cjhants
7th Feb 2007, 12:04
well said rainboe :D

all this government can do is find ways to wring more cash out of us, and spins us yarns, which the BBC and the like take as gospel. anybody with an alternative point of view is branded as mad. ring any bells from recent history anybody?

although i in no way condone the recent letter bombs, it is a sign of discontentment coming very close to the surface. i cant see the scottish robber taxing the farmers for animals filling the atmosphere with methane. if he did there would be immediate direct action.

brown relies on the majority of us keeping quiet and paying up, and we do just that - at the moment.

Rick Binson
7th Feb 2007, 13:20
It is very arrogant of the human race to think that by stopping flying and cutting emissions we can change the natural evolution of the earth.
They reckon between 6000-5500BC the land link with the European mainland disappeared. To put this in context sea levels were a lot, lot lower then which means there was a lot more ice in the polar caps as we were coming out of the iceage.
600 years ago there was snow on the mountains of the UK years round.
Therefore at the moment we are in a warming up period and have been for thousands of years. For countries such as Bangladesh this inevitably means that they will be flooded, this was always going to happen and there isn't a jot that mankind can do to prevent this.
We maybe increasing the rate of change but all we are increasing is the inevitable.
What annoys me is that aviation is an easy target. There are alternatives to electricity generation. Most car journeys are un-necessary etc yet we are going after an easy target.
Go to renewables on electricity generation etc, tax the use of the motor car more after all it would make people more healthy by getting off their backsides. But until there is an alternative for Jet A1 why are we pikcing on an industry that underpins the world economy, employs around 3 million people in this country and in the grand scheme of things is a very small percentage of overall emissions.
We should be looking for renewables for the other, larger polluters. What is happening is that there is a puritanical leftie group who are very vocal and very good at getting their message across.

CaptainProp
7th Feb 2007, 13:56
Guys, Im so far away from being a "Eco-Nazi", you have no idea....

Difference is that in the past 10 years or so I have managed to get my head out of the sand, I suggest some of you should too.

I will not go in to details on the replys here, but guys, seriously, get your facts right before you start talking about global warming, cooling and land mass movements in our planets rather short history......

To add to my initial post, I wanna make clear that I never said, and never will say, that I think the money "gained" on these taxes are being used in the right way, far from. Neither did I say, nor will I, that I agreed on Mr Browns political agenda as such....All Im saying is that we really need to act now, before its too late.. Most research made in the last 5-10 years comes to the conclusion that it is NOT too late YET to do something about this and to start reverse the chain that we, you and me, have started....

Thing is, until leaders around the world start setting up clear goals and time frames for lowering pollution levels, nothing will happen...no money (not enough anyway) will be invested in alternative fuel resources etc. However at the end of the day, its up to us to tell our governments what we want, to make the choice on what kind of products we buy (ie environment friendly or "not")...

The choice is yours....

/CP

Shed-on-a-Pole
7th Feb 2007, 14:33
If the politicians were genuine in their concern regarding carbon/pollutant emissions, they should immediately fast-track 50 new nuclear power stations to replace gas/coal alternatives and subsidise the installation of de-polluting "scrubber" technology at coal-fired power stations in poorer countries. And in the UK, investing in additional rolling stock could enable the rail companies to stop deliberately pricing customers off trains and into cars to keep the numbers manageable.

The doubling of APD was a crass cashgrab by the chancellor. How much of that cash will be used to help the environment? It is an insult to the electorate to suppose that we would be fooled by this. And by the way, if I personally didn't book my return air ticket to Spain would the scheduled A321 on the route be cancelled as a result? Didn't think so ... This whole flying/guilt trip thing is a complete nonsense.

I am actually very PRO environmental protection - I don't own a car, I do use public transport whenever possible, I switch off electrical devices rather than leaving them on standby. But that does not mean that I will stand back and watch our industry being savaged by politicians as an easy target. Ask a politician why a passenger aboard a Dash 8-400 should pay the same 'environmental tax' as one aboard a Boeing 737-200; I'd be surprised if they even understood the point! What incentive is there for airlines to invest in the latest environmentally-friendly types at considerable expense?

And by the way, exactly WHAT is the government doing to coordinate research into viable alternatives to fossil fuels for propulsion? How about putting up money 'X-Prize' style [spaceflight project] to encourage meaningful research? We in this industry should point out the 'carrot' options open to politicians who genuinely care about the environment, and get away from the 'don't book an air ticket' gesture politics.

Well, that's my rant on the subject anyway! Flames awaited ...

Cuillin
7th Feb 2007, 14:49
So why don't they tax a train journey from London to Edinburgh?

Or a coach journey from Glasgow to Manchester?

Or a ferry journey from Dover to Calais?

Or a car journey on 'Le Shuttle' from UK to France?

Or a Eurostar journey from London to Brussels?

Discrimination against airline travel, I say!

Could we put a case to the European Parliament as this unilateral tax is endangering our long-term employment?

PS Did you know that Virgin must charge £80 APD on a Premium Economy ticket?

Is that why the Blair family bought economy tickets with BA when they travelled London to Miami at Christmas? Knew full well that they would get upgraded and save a fortune in tax!

Absolutely outrageous.

DONTTELLTHEPAX
7th Feb 2007, 15:55
Which is greener ?
A 737 from LON-EDI or the same amount of pax making the trip in the car.
After all the price is now about the same now.

Lite
7th Feb 2007, 17:48
I have been following the aviation and the environment debate with great interest, and was particularly interested in the SPURT adverts which were splashed across UK newspapers on Monday. They are funded by a British banker who received a massive pay off when he challenged the environmental policy of the bank he worked for, and is using the money to fuel various environmental campaigns. I am, of couse, concerned about the environment and the effect that climate change could have on the places and people I love to visit, but it's important to remember that flying is not the major cause, nor is it the solution (to quote MO'L), to climate change, and it's about time through letters to your MP, newspapers, environmental groups and anyone who will listen, to say that aviation is vital to our modern society.

Aviation plays too important a role in today's society for it to be suddenly wiped out by environmentalists, and governments know this. Commercial aviation contributes 1.6% of the emissions of greenhouse gases which are, according to scientists, linked to climate change, but at the same time creates just over 8% of the world's GDP. The industry is vital to the economies of many countries, particularly for creating new industries in developing countries. The problem is, aviation is accounting for that 1.6%, and is continuing to grow every year, indeed in Europe we're being told aviation is the fastest growing contributor to climate change, even though it is small now.

So what can be done? Well, I think a certain amount comes from technology. The industry has developed unimaginably in just 100 years of flight, and certainly in the last 25 years we've seen efficiency improve dramatically of airliners. Manufacturers, like car manufacturers, must year-on-year try to create more environmentally friendly aircraft. Richard Branson has begun his company Virgin Fuels, which is looking at alternative energies for aircraft, some of which could be in service, albeit on a small scale, within 10 years. There are operational things we can do now as well. The starting grid system proposed by Virgin for reducing engine running time at airports, move all airfield vehicles to alternative fuels, have all airport terminal buildings powered by renewable energy sources, make airlines show how much CO2 will be pumped out from your flight when you book with the option to carbon offset ... all targets the industry should be striving for, perhaps for 2012 when the emissions trading scheme comes into play.

It's difficult to predict the future of our (or any other) industry, but aviation is too important to disappear, and it's vital that we defend this industry for the huge benefits it brings, but that we also ensure that we minimise the negatives.

BIG E
8th Feb 2007, 11:21
Lite

I agree,this new technology does come at a cost and is available but as per my previous post the government stopped grants to assist companies willing to make this change,it seems they talk the talk but don't want to pay for the walk...

TPS56
16th Feb 2007, 08:17
Saw this yesterday and just had to look a little deeper - Easyjet have definately responded to Ryanairs introdcution of ALC and PMI from Liverpool airport. Ryanair added 3wk services to both these routes about a week ago. From what I can see easy have responded with extra capacity on the same days that Ryanair added thier service.

toledoashley
19th Feb 2007, 17:17
Brussels - Gevena launched today
1x daily from 29th June
from easyJet.com

Thomas_Cook_757-300
19th Feb 2007, 19:49
Ryanair just don't seem competitive on the LPL-PMI/ALC route.

I have done a small sample survey and easyJet seem to come out cheaper every time on the LPL-PMI route:

14 July 2007 - 7 Nights
easyJet = £141pp Rtn
Ryanair = £172pp Plus £7 Luggage Charge Rtn

21 August 2007 - 7 Nights
easyJet = £115pp Rtn
Ryanair = £132pp Plus £7 Luggage Charge Rtn

13 September 2007 - 7 Nights
easyJet = £97pp Rtn
Ryanair = £107pp Plus £7 Luggage Charge Rtn

Why on earth would anybody choose Ryanair when with easyJet they are getting better fares, they get 20kgs free luggage rather then paying for 15kg with Ryanair, free on-line check-in, proven priority boarding process and what, in my opinion, is a much more professional operation.

I flew easyJet last week for the first time in about 2 years and I was very impressed with them. Speedy Boarding is good value and works very well, they have good OTP, online check-in is great and the overall process of flying with them was indeed; fun and ‘easy’! :D

Are easyJet planning any future expansion from LPL?

Thomas_Cook_757-300

Charlie Roy
19th Feb 2007, 19:54
toledoashley

GVA-BRU increases to almost twice daily from September :ok:

DONTTELLTHEPAX
19th Feb 2007, 21:10
I done the same but from STN-PMI-STN check out the results.

06Jun - 13Jun FR £39 inc tax (both 00.01p flights).
06Jun - 13Jun EZY £130 inc tax.

04JUl - 11Jul FR £89 inc tax.
04Jul - 11Jul EZY £229 inc tax.

08Aug - 15Aug FR £89 inc tax.
08Aug - 15Aug EZY £302inc tax.

done the same for LPL-PMI-LPL

09Jun - 16Jun FR £122 inc tax.
09Jun - 16Jun EZY £182 inc tax.

dwlpl
19th Feb 2007, 21:17
"I flew easyJet last week for the first time in about 2 years and I was very impressed with them. Speedy Boarding is good value and works very well, they have good OTP, online check-in is great and the overall process of flying with them was indeed; fun and ‘easy’!

Are easyJet planning any future expansion from LPL?"

The EZY ground operation at LPL is now said to be one of the best in its network.

In order to fly all the routes as now listed in its schedules out of Liverpool they will need 9 aircraft. The ninth only flies at present the extra Alicante and Plama rotations. So either there is more routes to come or something will need to be cut back.

owenkirk2005
19th Feb 2007, 21:27
Id like to see some easyjet expansion at east midlands, ryanair seem to be adding more and more desternations all the time. i think ryanair would do very well if they introduced a alicante and palma route at EMA because bmibaby and easyjet offer prices in excess of £70 alot of the time.

Skipness One Echo
20th Feb 2007, 12:47
Had to fly easyJet from Glasgow to London last month, chose Stansted but Gatwick would have done too. Checked in 2 hours before departure, boarding group A so near the front I thought. Have flown easy before and they were good but they use the old international pier at Glasgow and it was absolute pandemonium. I assume that the PA was offline because otherwise there was no excuse. It was only word of mouth that seperated the Stansted from the Gatwick from the Bristol from the rest!! Chaos. No organised boarding, no As Bs Cs then Ds. Simply shove in, hope you're in the right queue and shuffle.
Flight was fine but the facilities used at Glasgow are shocking!

Sky Wave
20th Feb 2007, 13:31
TCX 757.

Do you understand how the low cost model works? The more seats sold the more the price goes up. The prices that you have seen suggest that FR have sold more seats than EZY on that route. I expect that the prices having been leap frogging each other since both companies put the routes on sale.

SW

Thomas_Cook_757-300
20th Feb 2007, 18:39
SW

I deal with LCCs on a daily basis and so I am fully aware of how there fare basis works. However, you may note Ryanair's PMI and ALC routes only went on general release around 6th Feb whereas easyJet have been on sale since 3rd Dec . Ryanair's fares where not much different on the release date to what they are now.

Thomas_Cook_757-300

cesare
22nd Feb 2007, 17:20
Tomorrow press conference of Easyjet at Dortmund.

Will be annunced new routes.

Any idea?

I bet on an italian route.

One of these: VCE, CAG, OLB, NAP, PMO.

dwlpl
23rd Feb 2007, 09:16
.... four times per week to Edinburgh (from 30th May) and three times per week to Thessaloniki (from 31st May).

airhumberside
23rd Feb 2007, 12:39
Does that mean DTM gets an extra based aircraft

dwlpl
23rd Feb 2007, 13:14
No, not if thats all thats being announced.
If there is to be another based aircraft there must be more to come with more frequency on an existing route(s) and or more new routes.

anna_list
23rd Feb 2007, 13:26
According to a German source, DTM-MXP will be getting the chop at the end of May.

cesare
23rd Feb 2007, 15:30
Probably DTM-MXP from end of may will be operated by MXP based plane

riptack
23rd Feb 2007, 15:37
Have Easyjet taken over their own handling at Malaga or is the Big Orange handling co.? Anybody know!?

conradmueller
23rd Feb 2007, 18:07
The Milano schedule has been replaces by 3 times weekly DTM-EDI and DTM-SKG.

HH6702
23rd Feb 2007, 18:13
Easyjet @ NCL

anybody know if the 7th aircraft will be an A319 for the summer?
also it stated in airliners world late last year that NCL will become an airbus base in 2007. does anybody know when the change will start to take place

cesare
23rd Feb 2007, 18:58
Ok, but maybe DTM-MXP can now be operated by MXP based plane...

New Easyjet routes from MXP will be annonced soon...
Probably next week...

There is rumors for:
MXP-MUC
MXP-BRI or MXP-CTA or MXP-OLB

cesare
23rd Feb 2007, 19:04
From may at ORY base will be add a new plane. Number six!
From now have annunced only one now route: ORY-ATH.
Others now route from ORY will be annunced soon?

Take up the Hold
23rd Feb 2007, 19:34
Any chance Glasgow might be a new destnation from Orly

TUTH

airhumberside
24th Feb 2007, 10:13
ORY-ATH is Easyjet Switzerland isn't it?

Getoutofmygalley
24th Feb 2007, 10:45
Not going by the flight number showing as allocated to it, is has an EZY prefix as opposed to EZS which would designate a Swiss flight.

airhumberside
24th Feb 2007, 10:59
Just that the slot at Orly was applied for by and awarded to EZS. Has it been transferred to EZY?

GW76
24th Feb 2007, 13:41
"The Milano schedule has been replaces by 3 times weekly DTM-EDI and DTM-SKG."
DTM-EDI would have been 3 times weekly but has to be at least 4x weekly to get subsidised by Scottish Route development fund.

GoEDI
25th Feb 2007, 03:31
It has to be 3x weekly for SE funding actually (used to be 5x weekly), so that's irrelevant.

GoEDI
26th Feb 2007, 00:31
Well obviously not, otherwise EZY wouldn't have received funding. I believe the rules were adjusted across the board to aid the new EU entrants at the time, that was all.

dwlpl
26th Feb 2007, 10:52
Bristol is to get a daily Milan route starting on St Georges day and a second daily rotation to Paris starting in October.

cougafer
26th Feb 2007, 11:01
i wish they would announce exactly the same thing from Belfast....!

they seem to have neglected their Belfast base :(

eastern wiseguy
26th Feb 2007, 11:30
"same from Belfast"...well they have the market virtually sewn up...so I suppose the attitude could be "why bother?":hmm: :hmm:

CHIVILCOY
26th Feb 2007, 12:06
GoEDI
"Well obviously not, otherwise EZY wouldn't have received funding. I believe the rules were adjusted across the board to aid the new EU entrants at the time, that was all."

Regarding the EDI-DTM
Not so, only new EU entrants are allowed the three day a week rule.Don't know where you get the "accross the board" rule from as there is no mention of that in the rule book.

eu01
27th Feb 2007, 09:55
I had no idea EZY were planning the expansion towards Middle East. I think only now it has been told openly as these plans are to be revoked.
EasyJet Plc, Europe’s second-largest discount carrier, abandoned plans to start a Middle East airline, favouring expansion in Europe instead, Asharq al-Awsat said, citing EasyJet founder Stelios Haji-Ioannou.
EasyJet negotiations with National Air Services, a Saudi Arabian private aircraft operator, fell through last summer, Ioannou told the Saudi-owned newspaper, without elaborating.
EasyJet will not start flights to the Middle East because flights from Europe are longer than four hours, the newspaper reported.
Source:Gulf Times

In trim
27th Feb 2007, 14:09
Just announced that Servisair have lost the easyJet handling contract at LGW.....all change to Menzies. Very tight timescales.

mumsilein49
27th Feb 2007, 16:38
CNN recently distributed news about easyjet expansion at BRU.
Any comments?

Kraut
27th Feb 2007, 16:50
What I understand, it is just a new route:

GVA-BRU

at least for the time beeing.

cesare
27th Feb 2007, 19:05
New route MXP-BRS is on sale only for 3 months from 23/04 to 19/07. Why?
From the middle of July what's happen?

Hial Flyer
28th Feb 2007, 16:32
I'm glad servisair have lost the contract at LGW. Arrived on an EZY flight from BFS in December just before midnight and we finally got our baggage at 0245. Servisair supervisor didn't care one bit - just kept saying it was easyjets faulty. She even went on her break while we waited. We weren't the only ones. A flight from GLA which arrived at a similar time had to wait even longer.

Hopefully Menzies can do better.

Bagmanlgw
28th Feb 2007, 21:10
I do feel that whoever handles Easyjet at Gatwick will have the same problems that Servisair have encounted . Good luck to Menzies but will probably be reading somewere in the future the same rant from ICING AOA and Hial flyer complaing about the service that they are providing .

We wait and see

Biggest test now is were Menzies are going to get all the staff from and trained by May 01st ?

Servisair will not be getting rid of anyone me thinks - not with the fast approaching Summer season .Probably the first time in years that Servisair will have a full complemnt of staff in place to handle the summer increase in work !!!

DONTTELLTHEPAX
5th Mar 2007, 18:05
EASYJET is reported considering setting up an alliance with German budget airlines Germanwings and TUIfly at the Cologne / Bonn airport. However, Germanwings denied the report this morning.
The airlines and airport would establish a flight reservation system that would make multi-stop flights easier for passengers, German newspaper Welt am Sonntag reported. The newspaper said the alliance could be similar to co-operation agreements in the US that allow passenger to make multi-destination reservations using several budget carriers.
There are still several problems that need to be tackled before such a system could be put in place, the newspaper added. These include resolving which airline would pay for flight delay reimbursements and hotel stays for passengers who miss connections.

lhrflyer
5th Mar 2007, 18:35
I heard from a friend that Servisair have lost the easyJet contract at EMA too. Menzies will handle from April 1st.

Not sure whether it's true, but it seems likely if Menzies are handling it at most other airports too.

Mr Rowntree
5th Mar 2007, 19:41
I also heard thatmenzies were taking over ezy handling from April 1st!

cesare
5th Mar 2007, 21:51
Easyjet open new route: LGW-KRK daily from 5 october

Powerjet1
14th Mar 2007, 10:58
Easy announce twice daily Luton - Zurich wef 18 Sept 07. Again!!

jabird
14th Mar 2007, 11:03
Interesting to see a re-start of LTN-ZRH, considering previous complaints about high fees, terminal design etc.
Presume this will be using LTN based a/c? Any speculation on whether there will be additional routes (MAD, SXF?), or is this a one-off?

Powerjet1
14th Mar 2007, 11:25
LTN-BSL drops from twice daily to daily from the same day. From 18/9, an afternoon dep ex LTN @ 14.35.

EI-BUD
19th Mar 2007, 14:25
Does anyone know what the plan for A319 & Luton Airport is?

Can anyone tell me when do Easyjet plan to add 319s to the bases at LTN, NCL & BFS.

I realise that these airports handle EZY 319s, but I mean when is it expected that 319s will be based at these airports?

Thanks
EI BUD

cesare.caldi
22nd Apr 2007, 16:11
From Luchtzak.be

"Anybody heard something about an EZY airbus comming to BRU next week with Andy Harrison on board for a press conference and a "big announcement"?"

Maybe will be annunced new routes from BRU? A new Easyjet base in BRU?

The Flying Cokeman
22nd Apr 2007, 16:47
EI-BUD,

Anything could happen and we would be the last to know but I believe EZy has a contract to around 2011 with the Boeings so I think they are gonna be there for a while.
TFCM

Buster the Bear
26th Apr 2007, 13:34
100th Airbus delivered today.

Off Stand
26th Apr 2007, 14:12
Perhaps ezy should name the 100th Airbus in memory of Captain Paul Moloney?

jethro15
26th Apr 2007, 14:35
100th Airbus delivered today.
Currently, only another 91 to go!

jethro
UK and Ireland Airline Fleet Listings
http://www.jethros.i12.com

Buster the Bear
26th Apr 2007, 20:37
Another 91, some must be at a bargain price to replace the 700's surely?

cesare.caldi
26th Apr 2007, 21:55
Where will be based 100th Airbus?

I've read that have a special livery, any image?

StarAllianceGold
26th Apr 2007, 22:40
There's a photo of the 100th Airbus on easyJet.com > About Us > easyJet Photo Gallery

Starting at the back, there is "Airbus" in large orange letters, then an orange EU flag :eek: with "100" in the middle and then the easyJet logo, slightly smaller than usual and without ".com"

I haven't linked to it as I believe this site still has the misguided rule of not allowing links to other sites.

EI-BUD
27th Apr 2007, 21:18
ib16uk
Reference to your post, I am not sure where the latest 319 will be based but I believe that there are 30 examples of the 737-700 in service at the moment.

Ei BUD

cesare.caldi
27th Apr 2007, 22:44
MXP will receive the sixth plane based from 21/5, maybe will be new Airbus number 100? ;)

WexCan
11th May 2007, 20:15
Bit of news,

From later on this month, EZY are getting rid of boarding groups C and D, and giving all internet check-in customers group A.

New order will be:

Speedy Boarders
Preboards
A (Online Checkin and Airport checkin 1-30)
B (31+)

Should be a marked improvement over the current system.

Bell Rhyni
12th May 2007, 19:46
Their "priority" system is lip service to the concept only. Ever flown EZY?:*

nav3
12th May 2007, 20:58
This is absolute 'spin' at it's best :

EZY had 4 boarding groups A,B,C,D with D allocated to internet check in.

In practice, nobody gave a stuff as everyone just piles forward and nobody on the EZY staff cares a hoot. I will NEVER use them or Ryanair again for that reason.

NOW, they have dispensed with groups C & D and introduced 'Speedy Boarders' and 'Preboards'. So for Speedy read group A again and for Preboard read group B.Then the other 2 groups follow again at the back.:D

The effect............ NONE Whatsoever.....BUT you have to PAY now to get into the first two groups. So effectively you are now PAYING for a punch up at the gate......well done the marketing Gurus !!:=

WHAT A CON STELIOS!! Shame on you !!

mmeteesside
12th May 2007, 21:11
Needless to say on my recent flight from NCL, off a remote stand, so called "Speedy Boarding" got you onto the bus first, the same bus that everyone else was getting on!

thamesideaviation
12th May 2007, 22:25
Hello, is it true that Easyjet are flying to Larnaca next year? Has anyone else heard this or know its a fact?

WexCan
12th May 2007, 22:50
nav3,

The previous boarding groups were as follows:

Speedy Boarding
Preboards (Special Assistance)
A (1-30)
B (31-60)
C (Online Checkin)
D (61+)Effectively what easyJet have done is remove groups C and D to make things simpler. They've given online checkin customers group A (incentive to use it).

On any one flight, you will rarely have more than 5-7 speedy boarders. Preboards vary of course depending on how many children/assistance passengers there are. So group A passengers do still get quite a good choice of seats.

Speedy boarding works in the majority of easyJet stations where passengers are boarded by airbridge. That's why airports where they use airbridges attract a higher speedy boarding charge. The price goes down slightly for boarding by stairs outside the terminal, and then again drops quite low where there's a chance buses will be used. If speedy boarding doesn't get you on the aircraft before A/B groups passengers, you're entitled to your money back.

Getoutofmygalley
13th May 2007, 09:22
Wexcan you are not automatically entitled to your money back if you do not get onboard the aircraft before groups A + B.

Remember that if you are on a remote stand taking a bus, the T&C's stipulate that you are only guaranteed to be on the first bus.

Also, you have the SB pax who think that they have time to go duty free shopping and that they will still get on the aircraft first. These pax most certainly will not be entitled to their money back!

Remember it is only Customer Services at Hangar 89 who can say for sure whether a pax is entitled to their money back or not, which is why the SCCM must FER any boarding irregularity that might happen. I am always logging problems with stands 1 & 11 at LGW for instance where the airport infrastructure does not allow speedy boarding to happen. This is the only time I can say for sure that a pax is entitled to a refund and I put it on my FER that way, but I still won't say to the pax that they are entitled to one as only Customer Services can say that.

WexCan
13th May 2007, 13:34
Oops my mistake, I did of course mean to say depending on the circumstances.

My only real problems with SB have been, as you say, stand 1 LGW and at some of the smaller (often newer) stations like OVD, PMO, NAP, LCG, RAK etc Gatwick isn't really set up all that well for group-by-group boarding though - a move to BFS-like pens would make things a lot more ordered. From what I hear, though, Menzies are being very strict about boarding by groups so I suppose that's a good thing.

monkey lover
13th May 2007, 19:18
If they are, it wont be from the UK ;)

EI-BUD
13th May 2007, 19:28
I fly EZY frequently and i can say that the priority boarding has always been strictly followed. I read a comment above the it was "only lipservice", I would have to disagree.

Bell Rhyni
13th May 2007, 19:51
Just my personal experience. Certainly wouldn't dream of paying to be on the first bus!

Con/ rip-off/ opportunism/ cashing in on the gullible? Mind you, they do say about a fool and his money! Not too many people will be fooled twice though, I would think!

GEAR_DOWN
13th May 2007, 20:00
well whatever, they can't complain as it is all in the terms and conditions of carriage.

merlinxx
13th May 2007, 20:22
I use the GVA regularly for business (avtn that is) and have never had a problem, with no bags yup 1st on, 1st off is OK. With checked bags it makes no dif what so ever as baggage hall is the delay factor everywhere. Beats 8 hrs on pallet 1 by far!

Flap Track 6
14th May 2007, 08:16
I flew LIS-LTN last week and they used different buses for each group as the a/c was on a remote stand. Speedy Boarders + special assistance + Group A all got on one bus, Group B (the group I was in) got on the next bus and so on. It worked quite well and Mrs Flap Track and I even managed to get the pair of exit row seats on the left side of the 737. :)

jack_essex
14th May 2007, 10:11
Amsterdam has a very well planned out boarding 'room'. There are different lanes for passengers in boarding grounds A, B C and so on. The SB pax stand in one lane by themselves. On the STN - AMS there were around 6 SB pax but on the AMS - STN there were only two. I will be flying with Germanwings from STN in a couple of weeks, so it will be interesting to see how those flights go.

cesare.caldi
14th May 2007, 16:23
Easyjet from 20/07 to 10/09 increase MXP-IBZ from 1 to 2x daily

AGPwallah
17th May 2007, 11:13
Does anyone know when the LGW flights will be going on sale? Most other LCCs already have winter '07 available.

AGP

cesare.caldi
17th May 2007, 18:33
Easyjet is always one of the last low cost to release next season flight.

I belive winter flights will be released from June to July and more...

For example last year winter flights from MXP base open reservations at mid August...:eek:

MUFC_fan
17th May 2007, 19:31
And they still sold! EZY is the 2nd largest LC airline in Europe, people wait for them to release their flights to book their trips! With other carriers, they try to find an alternative, such as with LS. They havnt released some of their MAN routes yet, and are starting to lose out to WW, ZB and TOM!

symphonyangel
17th May 2007, 23:09
mufc - what man flights do you think they might or might not release?

Charlie Roy
23rd May 2007, 16:18
Edinburgh - Paris CDG
Milan Malpensa - Catania

cesare.caldi
23rd May 2007, 17:30
Easyjet add a new A319 to MXP base (from 6 to 7).

Will be used to open MXP-CTA daily from 13/7 and 2x daily from 10/09.

Also will be a lot of increase frequency in summer timetable

From 13/7 to 10/9:

MXP-ATH from 7 to 10x week
MXP-AGP from 7 to 11x week
MXP-IBZ from 1 to 2x daily
MXP-AMS from 12 to 14x week (2x daily)
MXP-CDG from 14 to 19x week

cougafer
23rd May 2007, 18:00
Why no new routes from BFS?
Surely MAD, MXP, etc would do well from BFS.
What are the chances of additional AMS or CDG services? NCL sees 2x daily CDG flights, alongside AF's CDG flights.

easyJet seem to be letting LS take over at BFS :uhoh:

crackling jet
23rd May 2007, 19:47
BRISTOL

10th a/c arrives tonight, 11th next month though eleventh a/c only here for 6-8 weeks

yeo valley
23rd May 2007, 20:08
g ezbv arrived from hamburg late this afternoon. its first trip 2 berlin airbus 319.
y v.

cesare.caldi
23rd May 2007, 21:53
To simplify the boarding process easyJet has reduced the number of boarding groups from six to four. The four boarding groups are defined as:

1 SB - customers who have purchased Speedy Boarding

2 SA - customers who are classified as a pre-board

3 Boarding group A - Internet check-in customers and 1-30 (first 30 to arrive at the airport)

4 Boarding group B - 31+ (all remaining customers)

In order to further enhance the customer experience and promote the use of internet check-in, customers who have checked in using the online service will be allocated Boarding Group A.

The pre-board group has been renamed to Special Assistance (SA).

BIG E
24th May 2007, 13:42
One word

CARNAGE

cesare.caldi
24th May 2007, 17:49
[quote] CARNAGE [quote]

Why?

BIG E
25th May 2007, 10:44
Carnage, because there are now potentially a lot more passengers in the final category all trying to fight each other to get on first, it will be bedlam and will certainly not enhance the customer experience.

old,not bold
25th May 2007, 11:38
Plus...at most of the Easyjet stations I have used in the last 6 months or so, the ground staff call passengers to the gate area well before there is any need, so that the SB's, SA's etc are struggling unsuccessfully to force their way through an unwilling crowd when they are called forward.

I felt at the time(s) that this was largely done for the amusement of the staff, but that was as a p****d off victim of the process, and may not have been the case. On the other hand, perhaps it was.

Caudillo
25th May 2007, 19:34
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Gatwick_Airport

reckons easy are going to Fez from September?

GW76
25th May 2007, 22:21
Very odd that EZY havent offered a GLA-Paris service gven zero competition on the route (with only FR going to BVA from PIK).:confused:
Perhaps its still to come if rumours of further based A319 are to be believed.

Powerjet1
14th Jun 2007, 14:26
http://www.abtn.co.uk/EasyJet_showcases_new_aircraft

cesare.caldi
14th Jun 2007, 15:20
Easyjet open MXP-BBU daily from 10/09

It's the first Easyjet route to Bucharest

MUFC_fan
14th Jun 2007, 15:37
Have you seen what EZY plans to do? Order around 500 of them. That would put them infront of Ryanair as by far the biggest LC airline in Europe, unless FR announce more 738 deals before 2015...which I am sure they will.

The source comes from the EZY website.

Skipness One Echo
14th Jun 2007, 16:34
I'll bare my ass in Woolies window when that happens........

cesare.caldi
14th Jun 2007, 16:51
Easyjet open LTN-VIE daily from 29/10

It's the first Easyjet route to VIE.

Also on sale now the first part of winter flighs from base of BFS, SXF, LPL and ORY.

Charlie Roy
14th Jun 2007, 21:05
Wikipedia Basel airport page shows a new Easyjet route from Basel to "Niš Constantine the Great Airport (INI)" in Southern Serbia starting winter 2007.

flyzen
18th Jun 2007, 07:44
Wikipedia is calling for Constantine airport in Algeria ( IATA CZL) starting winter 2007 from both BSL and GVA and operated by EZS, nothing commun with serbian airport.
I dont know the reliability of this Wiki "info"
For french speakers a thread on a french forum on the subject
http://opinionsairways.forumactif.com/Transport-aerien-dans-le-Monde-Vie-des-aeroports-du-Monde-f9/EZY-EZS-sur-l-Algerie-des-cet-hiver-2007-t1940.htm

edit 19/06
Info seems vrong, althrough the Wiki pages BSL/GVA still show it, has been removed from Easyjet page.

BIG E
18th Jun 2007, 10:14
MUFC fan

I would take it all with a pinch of salt, its a publicity stunt. No such aircraft exists, its all the figment of easyjet imagination, all a bit embarrassing really.

brabazon
18th Jun 2007, 12:41
See Channel 4's piece on he ecojet:
http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/society/environment/easyjet+aims+for+greener+skies/559432
Publicity stunt rating: 9/10
Likelihood of being built 0/10.
Airbus and Boeing are working on new designs and no doubt are talking to easyJet about its needs, but not sure this is the best way to do it.

NickBarnes
18th Jun 2007, 13:15
I hardly think that that would be flying in 8 years time 50 maybe, certainly is a publicity stunt:suspect:

GEAR_DOWN
19th Jun 2007, 00:43
DON'T be misled!!!! I can assure you that the blueprints have been drawn by ' a large airplane manufacturer' and this airplane will be in service by 2015! Launch will be at Paris airshow!! watch this space

DEFINATELY NOT A PUBLICITY STUNT

brabazon
19th Jun 2007, 13:40
Is it April 1?

Pilotdom
20th Jun 2007, 04:11
Excellent news about the Vienna route from Luton. What chance of a Vienna Route from Liverpool?

the_fish@blueyonder.
20th Jun 2007, 11:44
I'd like to see a Vienna route from GLA or EDI, but can't see it happening any time soon.

MUFC_fan
20th Jun 2007, 16:13
Excellent news about the Vienna route from Luton. What chance of a Vienna Route from Liverpool?

I think that LPL need to concentrate on the JFK, SOU and LON links before discussing Austria.:rolleyes:

Charlie Roy
20th Jun 2007, 21:50
Easyjet to announce on Thursday:

Berlin (SXF) - Brussels (BRU)

I expect then that brussels airlines (Schönefeld and Tempelhof) won't be the happiest of campers. Nor Lufthansa (Tegel) for that matter! :E
And earlier this year there was talk of Air Berlin wanting to enter the Brussels to Berlin market, so that grows less likely now I suppose...

BROWN_E
21st Jun 2007, 14:13
I know this has been mooted in the past, but can anyone shed any light on the rumours I’ve been hearing about Easyjet making a play for Jet2? I can see the rationale behind it, cut down on the competition while increasing their presence in the North.

Anyone heard anything similar?

monkey lover
21st Jun 2007, 14:49
Theres more chance of a friendly merger with the mob with the yellow harp !

thepeacock
21st Jun 2007, 14:50
ezy in for Jet?

Well Dart group share price is down 6% today so I guess you have got some very early and secret info or it's just plain rubbish.

BROWN_E
21st Jun 2007, 15:24
The latter was my first impression too 'the peacock', but the source I heard it from is close to the action so to speak and normally reliable. I personally doubt PM would sell up even if Easy did come knocking.

fadec_primary_channel
21st Jun 2007, 19:57
last I heard its bmi baby

MUFC_fan
21st Jun 2007, 20:59
EZY's business plan doesn't fit LS.

LS operates 752s successfully for a start, while EZY only offer capacity upto 156, unless they were to use some of those A320 series a/c ordered a couple of months ago for A321s!;)

Would be a great shock if it was to happen.

EZY at MAN, BLK and LPL - the current LPL loads would suffer. The airline would streamline into MAN and LPL and BLK would be left in the cold. NCL, EDI and BFS would see reductions and the a/c would be sold on and replaced by new a/c.

Don't rally see the point in it really.

Sanjo
22nd Jun 2007, 08:33
EZY can do all that growth alone though anyway... none of the airports you mentioned have slot problems or are full so why do it the expensive way if they can do it on their own?

BROWN_E
22nd Jun 2007, 10:27
There is alot to be said for taking out the competition (albeit very small competition).

Increase in yields on routes where they compete, FAO's AGP's GVA's etc

Replace all the 20 year old LS 737's with decent planes

LBA is a cash cow for LS, EZY missed out when they decided against a base there

monkey lover
22nd Jun 2007, 11:34
Mind you, I suppose EZY have got to put those A319's somewhere !

BIG E
22nd Jun 2007, 16:34
Hur, Hur, Hur, Hur

outofsynch
22nd Jun 2007, 18:48
I dont think they would waste them anywhere in UK......

MUFC_fan
22nd Jun 2007, 19:21
I dont think they would waste them anywhere in UK......

What?! There homeland, the biggest aviation sector in Europe the UK?!

I think that if EZY were to expand in the UK it would probably be in the North as that is where airlines such as FR are weakest, only having one base and DUB and SNN connections from the other airports. LBA could be a possibility. LS have been daring enough to enter EZY territory in NCL, BFS and a little in EDI, and EZY are not shy of doing it either - STN (FR) and LGW (BA).

Anyway, next base would be expected in continental Europe surely

cesare.caldi
22nd Jun 2007, 21:50
Anyway, next base would be expected in continental Europe surely Any rumors about the next Easyjet base?

I bet on LYS or MUC

cesare.caldi
23rd Jun 2007, 19:06
Easyjet have put on sale the winter flights for Bristol base.

A lot of reductions on route to Italy:

BRS-CIA from daily to 5x week
BRS-MXP from daily to 6x week
BRS-VCE from daily to 5x week
BRS-PSA from daily a 2x week

BRS-MRS close: last flight 29/09
BRS-BOD probably close: last flight 28/10

With these reductions and closure will be free space to open now route from Bristol...

GW76
24th Jun 2007, 15:12
Was suggestion of a 5th based A319 for GLA - anyone know more ?
Surely a CDG service cant be far away :confused:

JoaoGuimaraes
25th Jun 2007, 14:03
Easyjet and Easyjet Switzerland has more than 900 slots requested to winter 07 in Porto LPPR - OPO.
Bye now, Easyjet only announced Geneva (Starts this week).
New routes for Easy in Porto, any suggestions? :rolleyes:

Regards! :)

cesare.caldi
25th Jun 2007, 18:53
Easyjet and Easyjet Switzerland has more than 900 slots requested to winter 07 in Porto LPPR - OPO.
Bye now, Easyjet only announced Geneva (Starts this week).
New routes for Easy in Porto, any suggestions?

An obvious route is London-Porto
and maybe MXP-OPO, MAD-OPO, ORY-OPO...

MUFC_fan
25th Jun 2007, 19:28
Don't just assume that they will only be used by other based a/c. This could be the next base for EZY.

Afterall, they have to put those bright new A319s somewhere, and with 35 more on the way, more space is needed and more bases are needed!

The Flying Cokeman
26th Jun 2007, 16:08
I think you will in the near future see LGW to Funchal and Insbruck. That's what the rumours are saying on the the EZY line.
There are also talks about a new base in CGN, but that could change 200 times.

cesare.caldi
26th Jun 2007, 19:12
CGN for me absolutely no!

CGN is the major base of Germanwings (first company of the airport) and base of Tuifly and there is a lot of others low cost airline.... too much competition...

Stay away Easyjet...;)

MUFC_fan
26th Jun 2007, 19:26
Like one of the most powerful airlines in Europe is going to pay attention to petty airlines such as Germanwings! Yes, TUI's 12 based a/c maybe a problem, but if they can find a maket, they will exploit it!

Charlie Roy
26th Jun 2007, 19:55
I think Easyjet could successfully operate the following destinations from Cologne/Bonn:

Milan
Geneva
Lyon
Bordeaux
Marseille
Belfast
Glasgow
Newcastle
Bristol
Riga
Tallinn
Casablanca
Marrakech
petty airlines such as Germanwings
Just because they're not big in Britain doesn't mean they're a petty airline!

MUFC_fan
26th Jun 2007, 20:09
If they were to come up against EZY and FR, they would be wiped off the planet. The two airlines are soo powerful on the European stage it is frightening.

Alot like BA out of LHR and KLM out of AMS...simply unmatchable.

airhumberside
26th Jun 2007, 20:19
I dont think Germanwings are petty, considering their size and most importantly ownership. They are owned by Eurowings, which is 49% owned by Lufthansa ...

MUFC_fan
26th Jun 2007, 20:24
LH may be able to provide extra money, but there is a limit.

Personally, I think that CGN could well be a new airport for the airline as they will need to increase their presence further than Berlin and Dortmund as FR have recently opened new bases in the country. MUC is probably more likely.

airhumberside
26th Jun 2007, 20:50
MUC would be interesting as it is an LH hub. TUIFly and AB already have a base, but those are leisure flights, not offered by LH, or former dba flights that LH has had as competition for ages.

But if Easyjet went into MUC it would likely involve large scale competition on LH business markets - more than just STN. If EZY started say MAD, CDG, MXP, AMS and VIE, I doubt LH would not respond. But would Easyjet be able to withstand this?

MUC would be high risk (far higher risk than expanding against a weak AZ at MXP for example) but the reward could be big in gaining market share on key business destinations out of Munich

MUFC_fan
26th Jun 2007, 20:58
EZY are starting to offer more and more passenger services in their model and offering extremely good fares for their products: major airports, new aircraft and frequent flights.

The only problems would be Germany's loyalty to LH like France with AF. Also the inflight service offered by LH and the connections available with the airline.

But, if you can compete with BA on the London market and IB on the Madrid market, anything is possible!:}

Three Yellows
26th Jun 2007, 21:50
When are EZY going to take on Bergerac?

FR and Flybe have increased capacity there from no flights in 2002 to nine a day on a busy summer sunday?

EI-BUD
26th Jun 2007, 22:58
Vienna Austria , Fontasnarossa Italy, and Baneasa Romania, Vienna will be from LTN as discussed on forum and the last 2 will serve Milan MXP for starters.

I have heard at least one of these will be a new base.

Anyone heard anything?

NickBarnes
27th Jun 2007, 09:09
To be honest i find Germanwings cheaper to fly with and a much better service than easyjet, if i go via cologne to my destinations. so i would stick with Germanwings, and so would many people i know because of there great service.

people who say Germanwings are petty, have you seen how many routes they do from Cologne and Stuttgart:hmm:

MUFC_fan
27th Jun 2007, 16:20
people who say Germanwings are petty, have you seen how many routes they do from Cologne and Stuttgart:hmm:

And where else...

If routes from the airport were launched, the foreign passengers would recognise the EZY name more than Germanwings, however many German passengers fly with them.

NickBarnes
27th Jun 2007, 19:08
True but most of the time i find that germanwings is cheaper than easyjet, even when i go via cologne. I have nothing against EZY, but people want good prices and good service and thats where i feel Germanwings wins.

im sure lots of people have differen't views but thats my view and alot of people i know in Germany view's and they would be the people who would mostly fly with them:)

pwalhx
27th Jun 2007, 20:07
I attend exhibitions in Cologne and find that most British visitors have flown their by HLX or germanwings depending what part of the UK they are from not Easy, its all down to price.

It would be a mistake to dismiss the German carriers so easily.

MUFC_fan
27th Jun 2007, 20:27
I would certainly not dismiss German carriers, as AB have proven. They also have a very strong European market and EZY and FR have been taking advantage of that.

AB have made the greatest attempt at catching the 'big two' and are doing a very good job with their excellent inflight service and connections but FR and EZY do seem to have that edge, especially EZY who have the likeability factor in the UK and Spain. I don't know about Germany or anywhere else though.

cesare.caldi
5th Jul 2007, 21:39
On sale now Easyjet winter flights from base of DTM, EMA, EDI, GVA and GLA.

For now these route are not confirmed for winter:

DTM-NCE

EDI-ALC
EDI-PMI

GVA-HAM
GVA-AMS
GVA-BFS
GVA-BOD
GVA-BOH
GVA-BUD
GVA-GLA
GVA-STN
GVA-AGP
GVA-NCE
GVA-PMI
GVA-PRG
GVA-CIA

GLA-PMI

chrism20
5th Jul 2007, 21:50
The two EDI routes are not a surprise as these were not operated last year if my memory serves me correctly.

EDI AMS also looks as if it is going back to daily from double daily by the looks of things.

Not all the EDI programme appears to be loaded yet or BFS is reduced and there will be a lot of orange on the ground this winter at EDI

Hopefully some new routes coming our way

Sanjo
11th Jul 2007, 11:19
it looks like some new routes are indeed coming our way!!! and a new UK airport!!!!

http://www.bhx.co.uk/page.aspx?type=bEyZftSD20U=&id=VmrgiAt2X44=&article=En5HONp3+To=

Charlie Roy
11th Jul 2007, 11:49
Birmingham - Geneva
Birmingham - Grenoble
Bournemouth - Grenoble

EI-BUD
11th Jul 2007, 14:41
Great to see Easyjet at Birmingham, This will be Easyjet Switzerland. Unlikely that a base will be on the cards.

cesare.caldi
11th Jul 2007, 17:02
For now are only seasonal winter routes...

dwlpl
11th Jul 2007, 17:05
Looks as if the BHX/GVA route was last years DSA/GVA route.

airhumberside
12th Jul 2007, 18:09
DSA-GVA didnt operate last winter - only operated for the 2005/06 season

WhiteFly
18th Jul 2007, 07:16
I have heard rumors about EasyJeT making a base of operation in Munich..
Does anyone know anything about this?

Also what other airlines have bases in munich?
I can think only of Lufthansa and Airberlin
Thanks

AIRWAY
18th Jul 2007, 11:07
Hello,

Does anyone know when the new easyjet route to FNC/LPMA (Madeira Island/Portugal) start?

Thanks.

airhumberside
18th Jul 2007, 13:04
WhiteFly - EZY have apparently applied for slots to do MUC-EMA, other than that nothing about expansion by EZY at MUC, at least on here
TUIFly will probably have a base at MUC as well

toledoashley
18th Jul 2007, 13:08
Any idea when the new routes go on sale - can't see them on there at the moment.

BIG E
18th Jul 2007, 14:13
STN and BRS funchal start 29th Oct.

SplashDown
18th Jul 2007, 14:56
Has anyone recently had a look at the routemap on easy's site and seen a point in the top left corner in the general direction of Iceland?? Appears new routes to come from Bristol and Stansted.... No official announcements.

Also hear that a new base announcement in the next few weeks...No mention of where it will actually be!

Finally, the new routes to Geneva and Grenoble from Birmingham in the winter will be operated with 737's from Luton. A/C will fly LTN-GVA-BHX-GVA-LTN

Splashdown

ESCNI
18th Jul 2007, 14:59
Bristol to Iceland seems a rather odd choice of route?

tommyc2005
18th Jul 2007, 15:19
Bristol to Iceland would be no more an odd route than Bristol to Krakow or Prague. Iceland has tremendous tourism appeal, and is still criminally underserved from the UK.

Presuming they are to fly to Iceland from STN, this would surely spell the end of Iceland Express there, their lowest fares are more like some of EZY's highest. If it does happen, I will be the first to book. I made good use of Go's service in the old days.

tommyc2005
18th Jul 2007, 15:25
Actually, I think its a false alarm, although KEF has been rumoured before. If you look at the map, Madeira isn't on there, but the two routes from there are BRS and STN.

Jippie
18th Jul 2007, 15:40
Also, if you click on that specific dot you go to a page called FNC.html. So it's pretty sure that that dot represents FuNChal.

Charlie Roy
18th Jul 2007, 15:59
New routes

Barcelona to Lyon
Bristol to Madeira
Bristol to Lisbon
Madeira to London Stansted
Krakow to Bournemouth
Krakow to Edinburgh
Lisbon to London Gatwick

Mike16
18th Jul 2007, 16:19
Hi

I have also noticed the iceland thing too...... Also Bornemouth seems to be doing another new one, krakow ??????
So what crew will operate these ?

Mike

Euroboy39
18th Jul 2007, 17:12
Whenever Easy seem to add new destinations, they seem to appear at the top left hand corner of the route map for a few days. It was the same when Birmingham came online. We can't read anything into this regarding any service to Iceland.

Charlie Roy
18th Jul 2007, 17:53
Indeed, there are no new routes to Iceland!

The top left hand corner destination temporarily represents Madeira.

HH6702
18th Jul 2007, 18:46
great things coming to ncl?

only uk base with no winter flights on sale yet so does this mean major changes and lots of new routes?

cesare.caldi
22nd Jul 2007, 17:59
There is rumors of new Easyjet base in Naples (NAP) from 2008...

toledoashley
22nd Jul 2007, 18:57
With the problems with Alitalia would make commercial sence - not sure if they could even bring this date forward? Think the usual mix of domestic and euro routes would suit: Madrid/Venice/Bristol/Geneva/Dortmund/Munich/Liverpool/Belfast etc

Any more news on a Munich hub?

airhumberside
22nd Jul 2007, 19:14
Are AZ big at Naples?

Whatever though, EZY are perfectly positioned at MXP to advantage if AZ get further into trouble

toledoashley
22nd Jul 2007, 19:18
Yes, think all the Loco's are going to have a field day.

cesare.caldi
23rd Jul 2007, 21:42
Easyjet website now show only all inclusive ticket price.

Very good news for fare transparency.

eu01
24th Jul 2007, 16:04
It's official. Easyjet will be adding Gdansk to its network. Tomorrow at the press conference three new routes to this beautiful old Hanseatic city in northern Poland will be announced. Gdansk, due to many tourist attractions in the town and the entire region, has already been able to lure several new airlines recently. Besides LOT and SAS, also Luftansa ja Finnair operate there as well as 4 low-cost carriers: Ryanair, Wizzair, Centralwings and Norwegian. EasyJet will be new to Lech Walesa Airport.

yeo valley
24th Jul 2007, 16:48
where does any one think the new polish routes will be from.??

cesare.caldi
24th Jul 2007, 17:18
I belive will be routes from UK to Gdansk.

There is a lot of ethnic traffic between UK and Poland.

Bartek
24th Jul 2007, 17:20
I'm going to take a guess that the three routes will be to the UK, given the current demand for Polish flights.

I'll take at stab at LTN, LPL and EDI :ok:

GoEDI
24th Jul 2007, 18:27
3x weekly EDI would be a good bet. Some competition for C0 though if it happens.

toledoashley
24th Jul 2007, 18:40
I would have a guess with:

Luton Daily
Berlin Daily
Liverpool/Glasgow x3 Weekly

Charlie Roy
24th Jul 2007, 19:08
Ok. I'm going to guess: Bristol, Newcastle, Milan :cool:

Powerjet1
24th Jul 2007, 19:35
I know it doesn't necessarily mean a negative, but Wizz presently serve both LPL & LTN from Gdansk, + PIK, so doubtfull.

ICING AOA
24th Jul 2007, 19:39
There is rumors of new Easyjet base in Naples (NAP) from 2008...

and what about Lyon or Paris CDG ? :hmm:

toledoashley
24th Jul 2007, 19:40
Pink could turn orange... Only really Bristol seems to fit, but doesnt that play into FR's eastern routes. Think EZY would rather compete with W6 than FR any day of the week.

chrism20
24th Jul 2007, 21:04
EDI is more than likely a definate for Gdansk more than likely will operate on the days Krakow don't to fit in with the scheds

eu01
25th Jul 2007, 11:08
Okay, the three new routes from the UK to Gdansk are: LGW-GDN, EDI-GDN and BRS-GDN. Quite a competition for both FR and Wizzair. Anything else today?

orangegirl
25th Jul 2007, 11:17
BRU - NCE from Nov 5

airhumberside
25th Jul 2007, 13:23
Okay, the three new routes from the UK to Gdansk are: LGW-GDN, EDI-GDN and BRS-GDN. Quite a competition for both FR and Wizzair
Is it?

The competition for LGW is the other side of London at LTN/STN. The nearest airport to BRS that currently has a Gdansk flight is Luton. EDI-Gdansk is currently served by Centralwings, and may compete a little with Wizz at PIK. To me it would seem that EZY has carefully chosen these routes to avoid head on competition with FR/Wizz, who are of course far more established in the UK-Poland market that EZY

toledoashley
25th Jul 2007, 14:04
Nothing on the website - is INN just BRS or are other airports due?

BIG E
25th Jul 2007, 14:43
Also LGW-INN

easyDays
25th Jul 2007, 16:15
Gatwick - Bucharest
29 October
Daily

Gatwick - Gdansk
1 October
Daily

Gatwick - Innsbruck
14 December
Six weekly (excl Sat)

Edinburgh - Gdansk
30 October
Three weekly (Tue, Thur, Sun)

Bristol - Gdansk
30 October
Three weekly ( Tue, Thur, Sat)

Bristol - Innsbruck
14 December
3 weekly ( Mon, Fri, Sun)

Madrid - Bucharest
29 October
4 weekly (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun)

Madrid – Paris CDG
1 November
Daily

Nice - Brussels
5 November
Daily

Milan MXP - Barcelona
8 October
Daily

Milan MXP - Bari
1 October
Daily

airhumberside
25th Jul 2007, 20:43
Is INN ski season only or year round? Surprised it has taken this long for a LoCo to do LON-INN

cesare.caldi
25th Jul 2007, 22:56
There is also: MAD-PMI 8x week from 28/10