PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

diesel36
11th Apr 2008, 14:11
When are easy putting the other 2 319;s into liverpool

anyone know what routes they will do with these aircraft.

slide blower
11th Apr 2008, 14:29
well after reading the crew mail from andy harrison i dont know if they are still planning on the 2 new a/c for the summer.

OltonPete
11th Apr 2008, 15:40
Following on to what slide blower has stated, another forum mentions
an internal e-mail with the following points: -

Part quotes

"73G's to be accelerated out of the fleet due fuel costs

ex Gib Air aircraft to be accelerated out of the fleet

Five less aircraft in the fleet for winter 2008/9"

End of quote

Any of this true and if so who are who are having the 73G's?

Pete

Skipness One Echo
11th Apr 2008, 15:54
The fuel burn between the A319 and the B737-700 isn't that different surely!

FliegerTiger
11th Apr 2008, 16:19
OltonPete

All true. No idea where the NG's will go to yet.

Skipness One Echo, the fuel burn difference isn't that drastic, but it will be a hell of a lot cheaper to maintain just 1 type (and seeing as the majority of the EZY fleet is Airbus, the Boeing will go).

aidoair
11th Apr 2008, 16:24
It has been shown a number of times that there is virtually no difference in the fuel burn between the two aircraft and that infact the 73G can offer a small % in better fuel economy over the competition,
however i think just like FliegerTiger said it will be much cheaper to run and maintain there operations based on just one type.

orangetree
11th Apr 2008, 23:47
The bus also has more seats (if they could fill them). The NG leasing is expensive compared to it. Perhaps they could hand them back to Boeing as experimental airframes to see if they can at last come up with a 21st century competitor instead of sticking an old tart in a new skirt every few years. Boeing have built may excellent aircraft in their time. The NG isn't one of them :hmm:

G-TTIC
12th Apr 2008, 00:00
The bus also has more seats (if they could fill them).

I've always been curious as to why they decided to fit 156 seats on the 319. I have very rarely seen loads over 150. For the six extra (more often than not empty) seats, they need to carry an extra cabin crew member which may not cost much should the seats be filled, but is otherwise not required. They've sacrificed galley space by moving the lavatory to the back wall to allow the installation of the extra seats etc. If the seats were removed I would have thought the company would save money. (A controversial solution, perhaps, as it would obviously result in a lower required crew headcount.)

Any thoughts, anyone?

orangetree
12th Apr 2008, 14:17
They have looked at removing seats several times since the bus induction to no avail. There are a few areas of the network where the 156 config is useful though or at least was prior to the world banking meltdown.

G-TTIC
12th Apr 2008, 23:15
Do you know if the obstacles involved in removing the six seats are regulatory or commercial? I can see the commercial case in a way - the six seats generate extra revenue when filled. On the regulatory side, would there need to be some form of re-certification? Obviously amendments would need to be made to SEPs/SOPs.

conradmueller
13th Apr 2008, 06:02
Do you know if the obstacles involved in removing the six seats are regulatory or commercial? I can see the commercial case in a way - the six seats generate extra revenue when filled. On the regulatory side, would there need to be some form of re-certification? Obviously amendments would need to be made to SEPs/SOPs.
They are commercial, because 6 seats less mean 1 cabin attendant less (3 instead of 4).

737Jock
13th Apr 2008, 11:25
The reason for the extra 6 seats would surprise you!

Jet2krazey
13th Apr 2008, 14:16
Please do tell! :)

G-TTIC
13th Apr 2008, 14:58
They are commercial, because 6 seats less mean 1 cabin attendant less (3 instead of 4).

But that's hardly a commercial obstacle, as it reduces costs. Would there be any regulatory issues besides writing new SOPs and having the manual approved?

The reason for the extra 6 seats would surprise you!

Go on, tell us!

MUFC_fan
13th Apr 2008, 19:52
Anybody know when EZY are to put their winter timetable on sale from LPL? It is usually one of the 1st bases.

Wanting to book NW-Barcelona region for Xmas time but can't yet!

Charlie Roy
13th Apr 2008, 22:33
Anybody know when EZY are to put their winter timetable on sale from LPL?

Last year LPL Easyjet winter flights when on sale June 15th...

parky747
14th Apr 2008, 00:43
jethros fleet listings indicate that most of the a320's that have only had the ba name and tail blanked out and left with blue bottoms are to be returned to lessor, are these to be replaced with A319 a/c ?

IB4138
14th Apr 2008, 12:06
Jethro's is showing the 4 oldest A320s to be returned to lessor 1Q09 and the oldest A321 to go to Monarch in Aug 08, the latter was planned before the take over.

By that time a further 3 x new build A321s will have arrived.

MUFC_fan
14th Apr 2008, 12:13
So are EZY going for a two type - A321 and A321?

I'm guessing the A321s will be kept on the bucket and spade routes plus some larger business routes and the A319 everywhere else?

Personally I can't see a use for the A320 as the other two a/c cover their market perfectly.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
14th Apr 2008, 19:23
Suggest you read post #764!

Mr @ Spotty M
14th Apr 2008, 21:30
The GB Air a/c were being offered to airlines soon after the merger was announced, that was well before March and they included the A321s.:uhoh:

parky747
15th Apr 2008, 01:46
If the ex GB fleet was taken out, EZY wouldnt have a/c with range to service routes like TFS would they? Do they want these routes? Is a 319 capable?

MUFC_fan
15th Apr 2008, 08:23
Believe it or not, the A319 has the furthest range of any of the A320 series aircraft.

MUFC_fan
15th Apr 2008, 08:23
Believe it or not, the A319 has the furthest range of any of the A320 series aircraft.

Flitefone
15th Apr 2008, 08:55
A319 are regularly used for coast to coast Ops in the USA, these sectors are often in excess of 5hrs.

G-TTIC
15th Apr 2008, 11:43
Certain GB 321s are fitted with extra fuel tanks to increase range.

Sark
15th Apr 2008, 14:11
I have a feeling that Easy Jet will not continue flying to the Canary Islands and Madeira. These destinations do not fir in with their way of working.

airhumberside
15th Apr 2008, 14:17
The Canaries and Maderia were served by EZY before the GB deal. Funchal from STN and BRS, ACE/FUE from MAD and LPA from GVA

monkey lover
15th Apr 2008, 14:28
"Believe it or not, the A319 has the furthest range of any of the A320 series aircraft."

Depands on what MTOW you operate them to !

MUFC_fan
15th Apr 2008, 14:32
I have a feeling that Easy Jet will not continue flying to the Canary Islands and Madeira. These destinations do not fir in with their way of working.

In one word - rubbish.

The canaries DO fit into the EZY plan. I'm guessing you mean EZY's plan is mainly <1000nm which is true in a lot of cases but just look: LGW/LTN-ATH, LTN-IST, LGW-MAK, the list goes on. EZY are expanding into the wider area as the main EU countries become crowded.

Like FR, EZY find the longer flights very profitable. Just look at the fares, plus all the money they make onboard over the 3-4 hour period.

compton3bravo
15th Apr 2008, 16:14
I was recently in Madeira and talked to some local people who said they were over the moon that easyJet fly direct to the UK from Funchal. They say they can get a return ticket for around 100 Euros where TAP were charging 200 Euros just to fly to Lisbon.

parky747
16th Apr 2008, 02:31
If EZY are planning to continue the longer range routes, surely it would be more profitable for them to continue with more seats on 321's. Or is it that they aim to operate an all same single fleet?

MUFC_fan
16th Apr 2008, 08:53
Or is it that they aim to operate an all same single fleet?

I think the only problem in operating the A321 and the A319 is that they have different engine types? Not sure. I know that crewing is not a problem except that there need to be 5 instead of 4 cabin crew as the crew can operate both a/c due to their similarity. I think the cockpits are the same - correct me if I am wrong.

Personally I think the A321 and A319 would be the perfect fleet for the airline but I don't see the point of the A320 which fits in between.

A321 = Bucket and Spade, high capacity routes.
A319 = smaller routes and high frequency routes.

hoo haa
16th Apr 2008, 15:07
I am looking at booking an Easyjet flight from LGW to Bucharest for June this year.
However the booking engine throws up a box with the following info
"The route you have selected is for sale until 1st June 2008"
Does anyone in the know think this means the route is going to be dropped ??

thanks

chicocelta
16th Apr 2008, 15:24
one possible reason is that there are some routes that are seasonal only - eg LGW - MAH is a summer only route for ezy.... i'm sure some orange person will have a better reason however!

hoo haa
16th Apr 2008, 15:49
Well, the route (LGW-OTP) only started in Autumn 2007 and I would expect a larger occupancy in Summer than Winter.
I just hope that they arent giving up on this route because of low loads.
The other 2 routes to OTP from Milan and Madrid that were started around the same time are both bookable into June and beyond

kingston_toon
16th Apr 2008, 16:17
I posted about this last week, and a friend (who has friends "in the know") reckons the route is being dropped due to poor loads, and issues over the airport being used (I seem to remember EZY using both Otopeni and Baneasa at different times).

22/04
16th Apr 2008, 16:30
The 319s suite most of Easy's way of operating. Unlike Ryanair for all but the longest routes Easy tend to offer three or more rotations a day, thus meeting the demnds of business travellers those who may want to connect etc. It doesn't take much expansion to turn 2 A321 sectors into 4 319 sectors and pick up more pax due to flexibility offered. If it doesn't work drop to 3 319s.

So expect a few 321s only to be kept for the likes of IST, ATH, TFS etc where there is little to be gained from multiple flights/day -they may not even keep them for these in the hard times to come.

As others have said no place for 320s or for tha matter 737NGs

Can ayone come up with seat/mile costs for the 321 vs the 319 on the sectors I have mentioned; unless the 321 shows an advantage then even less chance of keeping them.

22/04
16th Apr 2008, 16:33
PS. The only other reason to keep 321 is for use where slot restrictions constrain- sorry, forget that.

Viewfrom5Bells
16th Apr 2008, 20:13
Slightly worrying

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/columnists/article3753806.ece?openComment=true

MUFC_fan
16th Apr 2008, 20:19
Do EZY have their own PSA's at GVA as it is a base?

If not, the handling agent will have something to answer for!

I can't imagine how much money that would have cost the airline:

1. Lost slot.
2. Crew hours.
3. The aircraft's timetable for the rest of the day. Remember an EZY plane will carry 1000 pax per day, not just the 155 onboard with yourself.

I wouldn't be too happy if I was in the left hand seat of that a/c!

Sky Wave
16th Apr 2008, 21:06
Sounds like a normal day at GVA. It's happened to me several times and 9 times out of 10 it's because someone purchased a seat for an infant. I think it's Swissport that runs the gates in GVA, it's about time EZY put pressure on them to sort their act out.

LGS6753
17th Apr 2008, 07:38
I have experienced this problem at Luton, EZY's home base!

Of course it's better to be safe than sharing row three with one of Mr Bin Laden's mates.

fiftyfour
17th Apr 2008, 09:49
I think EZY will keep the 321s. GB were already in the process of replacing nearly all the 320 with 321 over a period of years because the 321 was found to be much more profitable on the core gb routes like MLA,AGP,FAO,TFS,PFO etc. Of course the aircraft is only profitable if you can fill it, which GB were able to do through the power of the BA name and the repeat business from the regulars who own property at these destinations.

The Flying Cokeman
17th Apr 2008, 11:39
In an internal mail from Andy Harrison we have been told that the Boeings will get on an accelerated process to be replaced by Airbus for bigger savings in the future. Furthermore they intend to replace the old GB aircrafts as soon as possible, to my knowledge no A320/21 is in the orderbook so it sounds to me like a short lived career for the 320/321 in EZY. Then again they could announce a new order tomorrow you never know.
TFCM

kick the tires
17th Apr 2008, 11:53
The fact that GB were already in the process of replacing their 320 and 321's is irrelevant , they dont exist any more!

EZY can convert any of their 319 orders to 320 or 321 giving 6 months notice.

The larger bus is not dead yet, as it is more suited to the slot restricted airports such as LGW.

Glenn@LTN
17th Apr 2008, 16:11
I work for Menzies (Big Orange) at Luton handling easyJet and rumours have it that we will see 2 A321s at Luton this summer operating to ATH and SAW both flights always fill a 737-700 maybe they can fill an A321 to both these destinations!?

Glenn

rebellion
17th Apr 2008, 16:24
The A321s are leaving the fleet!

parky747
17th Apr 2008, 17:11
Jethros fleet listings indicate that all the GB fleet of A320/321 are for disposal 08!

cesare.caldi
17th Apr 2008, 17:12
When will go on sale Easyjet flights for October? Now all flights are on sale until end of september.

Glenn@LTN
17th Apr 2008, 18:54
Anyone have a date for easyjet converting LTN to an Airbus base? Rumour at work is we are next and its gonna be complete by end of the summer!?

gyni
17th Apr 2008, 19:14
End of August - first flight crews already converted but flying out of base....

wedger
17th Apr 2008, 21:06
Anyone know when Belfast is changing to Airbus? When will all the Boeings be leaving the fleet?

Sky Wave
18th Apr 2008, 14:00
The last word on it was:

3 go back in 2008
10 go back in 2009
8 go back in 2010
7 go back in 2011
the last 2 go back in 2012

However, I think the above was published prior to the decision to accelerate the de-fleeting process.

I suspect these dates could well come forward, they certainly won't be delayed so based on those dates BFS will definitely be an airbus base by 2011.

SW

G-TTIC
18th Apr 2008, 16:46
to my knowledge no A320/21 is in the orderbookDidn't easyJet inherit the 4 outstanding GB A321 orders?

Jethros fleet listings indicate that all the GB fleet of A320/321 are for disposal 08!

I think this may be an error - why go to the expense of reconfiguring the aircraft (which has started on the A320s) only to remove them from the fleet in a few month's time? Yes, they've indicated that they want to get rid of the aircraft, but "over the coming years".

Stampezy
18th Apr 2008, 17:57
I agree it could be an error.

All that has been said is that easy only want easyjet specified airbuses, could the outstanding order for 321's that has come with the purchase of GB not mean that they will be easyjet specified from delivery? I could be wrong though....
There has been no mention of the fact that easyjet don't want 321's, just that they need to be to the correct specifications! i.e. no wardrobes lol

Mr @ Spotty M
19th Apr 2008, 10:11
If Easy want the A321, why were they being offered on the market?

G-TTIC
19th Apr 2008, 12:08
They only want easyJet specified aircraft. Doesn't rule out converting some options.

kriskross
19th Apr 2008, 13:51
But if the ex GB aircraft are V2500s, and the EZY fleet are all CFM, would it not be good management sense to replace the ex GB aircraft as the lease comes up with aircraft to the EZY standard?

I was told, as has been said before, that the 321s are being tried at slot- constrained airfields to see if there is any benefit. LGW is certainly one of those.

flyzen
20th Apr 2008, 07:51
Regarding A321 same sound in France than Kriskross reported in UK, a machine may be affected to NCE flights (but not yet confirmed), if "test" Ok EZY may be go to some A321 in 220 seats configuration for slot- constrained airports.

monkey lover
20th Apr 2008, 08:47
"Regarding A321 same sound in France than Kriskross reported in UK, a machine may be affected to NCE flights (but not yet confirmed), if "test" Ok EZY may be go to some A321 in 220 seats configuration for slot- constrained airports."

ORY springs to mind !

danielson81
20th Apr 2008, 13:15
RE: Bucharest (OTP).

I flew to OTP from LGW last week, and on both sectors the plane was full. However I hope EZY do not scrap this route ! Saves me going up to Luton to fly with Wizz or Heathrow for BA/Tarom at up to 4 times the price! :sad:

I also flew Baneasa (BBU) to Cluj with Wizzair, I don't see Easyjet rushing there in a while!

markrl
20th Apr 2008, 18:25
I have to admit I am very surpised by EasyJet dropping the LGW to Bucharest route and am not at all convinced this is to do with low loads as in my experience the opposite always appeared to be the case. My guess is that it is to do with the slots/costs at the Romanian end as they have switched between Baneasa and Otopeni and were clearly unhappy with Baneasa. I cant help wondering if the Romanian Government would rather they were gone in order to protect the interests of the floundering Tarom. Although I'm not a great fan of Easyjet they did serve a useful role in breaking the BA/Tarom monopoly on the direct route and inflicting a very welcome downward pressure on the prices of the other airlines which on this route were usually high. I should be very interested in the reasons behind this surprising decision.

airhumberside
20th Apr 2008, 18:54
Although I'm not a great fan of Easyjet they did serve a useful role in breaking the BA/Tarom monopoly on the direct route
I think Wizz Air started LON-Bucharest before Easyjet

markrl
20th Apr 2008, 19:10
Yes your quite correct they did. Wizz however do not have the same clout as Easyjet and its a fair bet (according to Micheal O' Leary) they may become one of the first casualties of the soaring cost of aviation fuel - book at your own risk. I would like Easyjet to stay on this route for the entirely selfish reason of keeping the prices down of the other (far more comfortable and superior) airlines. In this respect Easyjet serve a useful purpose.;)

LGS6753
20th Apr 2008, 21:28
markrl -
I've a suspicion that you are confusing Wizz with another airline. Wizz are doing well, and seem to be wiping the floor with most of their competitors. I am certain that Mr O'Leary takes them more seriously than certain of his other competitors....

markrl
20th Apr 2008, 22:14
I was simply going by an answer Mr O' Leary gave to a specific question. He made a point about how Ryan Air had managed to fix their fuel costs and specifically mentioned others who had not and one who he thought might get into difficulty as a result. I wouldn't like to bet against a man of his caliber and experience being wrong. Time will tell.

danielson81
21st Apr 2008, 08:38
Isn't there some EU law about competition? I hope EZY isn't forced out to save struggling Tarom!

Although if Wizz, Blue Air and MyAir can fly to BBU why not Easyjet? However it might have less free landing/take off slots, and yes I have been to BBU!:8

parky747
21st Apr 2008, 09:33
Anyone have any info on the plans EZY have for the development at MAN ie Number/type of aircraft to be based and future routes?

hoo haa
21st Apr 2008, 16:00
It is sadly confirmed. As per their reply to my email. Doesnt give a reason.

Subject
Will you be continuing flights to Bucharest from London Gatwick after 1st Jun...

Discussion Thread
Response (Anna Kwasigroch) 20/04/2008 09.49 AM
Dear Mr xxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, we are going to stop operate flights to Bucharest after 1st June 2008. For more information about flights, flight times and prices, please visit our website.

I have included a link below for more information about easyJet destinations:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us Mr xxxx. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again via the contact us section of the easyJet web site.

Yours sincerely,

Anna Kwasigroch
Customer Services Representative

Seljuk22
21st Apr 2008, 16:29
MAN: EZY said that there will be 5 aircrafts by the end of 2010. But what (A319 or A320 from GB Airways) and what routes I don't know.

OliWW
22nd Apr 2008, 16:44
I heard that easyJet are getting rid of the A320's and A321's they brought of GB by the end of january 2009 and aren't painting any of them into easyjet's full colours. Not sure why because they add extra capacity on routes... any other info on this?

markrl
22nd Apr 2008, 19:44
I wonder if they are making preperations for the anticipated hard economic times ahead as Gordon Browns economic bubble finally bursts and the recession hits home large.

BTW very informative email from EasyJet re Bucharest :ugh:

ncleflights
23rd Apr 2008, 00:19
markrl - I suspect EZY like most airlines are making preparations for the hard times ahead however I suspect that EZY unlike other airlines including FR are in a fairly strong position as their frequencies attract a lot of business traffic whilst other locos rely alot more heavily on the leisure business which I supsect is where we will see the biggest reduction.

22/04
23rd Apr 2008, 09:19
I also think the GB aircraft specification may be sufficently different to make it a good idea to lose them, in the name of commonality of seats offered ops etc.

heebeegb
23rd Apr 2008, 12:53
First GB Easy a/c TOB just finished its interim paint job. Blue belly, orange tail and more seats. All the others to follow in turn.

Flitefone
23rd Apr 2008, 18:58
Fellow Pruners might find this interview with the CEO an interesting read. It answers many questions... and a good piece of writing too

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2008/04/23/223139/andrew-harrison-keeping-it-simple-at-easyjet.html

OltonPete
23rd Apr 2008, 20:14
Belfast Aldergrove figures are now out and provide some interesting reading for easyjet: -

Bristol 2008 18453 2007 20156
Edinburgh 2008 21261 2007 26684
Glasgow 2008 20068 2007 26354
Luton 2008 22453 2007 31443
Liverpool 2008 35863 2007 41462
Stansted 2008 27756 2007 31056
Gatwick 2008 30905 2007 32711 -

Down in total by 33000+

Stansted - Belfast City 28919 up from 7723
Gatwick - Belfast City 16889 up from 15333
Edinburgh and Glasgow to Belfast City were up as well.

I assume that this is due to a mix of less rotations & Ryanair moving
in to BHD but I would have thought Easter would have helped a bit.

I know the punctuality stats from the CAA will show the number of
rotations but these won't be out for a few months yet.

flybe also holding their own against easyjet at LGW, EDI & GLA but
less so at bhx against baby although they just pipped them to pax flown.

Pete

cesare.caldi
23rd Apr 2008, 21:51
Why Easyjet close LGW-OTP? Bad load factor?

SilverCityKid
24th Apr 2008, 12:27
Andy Harrison seems to be making a good job of CEO for Easyjet.

I work for RAC, and Andy was CEO of RAC before joining Easyjet.
He seems to have brought the same Core Values to Easyjet that we had,(and still have) at RAC.

Before Andy joined Easyjet there was lots of gloom and despondency on PPrune, because he was not an "Airline" man.

What do the staff now think of Andy, compared with Ray Webster ?, is he doing a good job for the company and the staff??

easydan319
24th Apr 2008, 12:39
Andy Harrison is a great CEO. I work for easyJet as cabin crew. Generally most people have a lot or respect for Andy. Every year when we have recurrent training, Andy or one of the other leading directors set aside a time to come and talk to us and ask us how we feel and what problems we are facing. Andy also introduced the 'Pulse' survey which we do every year, to find out how we can improve and what our views are. He actually seems to care how we fell compared to Ray Webster who was a complete :mad: . Ray Websters most famous comment being "I don't really care what our cabin crew think. They only have a shelf life of 2 years!" :ugh:

Airbourne-Adamski
24th Apr 2008, 19:40
Andy is great, many times I have emailed him with issues onboard and every occassion he has emailed back with an explanation as to what he is going to do about it.

I find he is very people focused a top man

ReallyAnnoyed
24th Apr 2008, 20:32
AH may seem friendly and approachable, but never forget that he is a manager. His job is to squeeze the employees as far as possible stopping just short of a rebillion. He may be a vast improvement over RW, but he will never be your friend. He is the top manager. Keep that in mind :)

markrl
25th Apr 2008, 10:00
To change the subject again in reply to the earlier poster from Miilan re Bucharest, no one has been able to give a definitive answer to this. Whatever the reason I think we can be pretty sure its not poor loads. Since the removal of the Visa entry requirements into the UK for Romanians demand on this route has gone through the roof. Tarom have even put their large Airbus A310 aircraft (formally used on their now abandoned service to New York) on the route to Heathrow in place of the smaller 737. I'm pretty sure this must be to do with landing slots and costs at OTP or Baneasa. EasyJet have had to refund many people who bought tickets after 1 June 2008 so this was obviously not in the original game plane. Presumably the reason for stopping the service is quite a sensitive one as EasyJet are stonewalling anyone who sends an email asking why with a bland meaningless reply.

BAladdy
26th Apr 2008, 21:57
Also BA now operate LHR-OTP 3 x daily. Might have something to do with it aswell

Sark
30th Apr 2008, 16:30
Anyone know when the winter flights of EasyJet become available online?

hoo haa
1st May 2008, 06:46
I am just back from easter in Romania. We flew Easyjet, the load factor was about 99% both ways as it has been on all previous flights we have done on this route.
Interestingly I spoke to the handling agents at Gatwick and the flight attendants on the flight back from Bucharest. Neither were aware that the route was to be cancelled.
I chatted to the guy on the flight about the situation regarding the change of airports to Baneasa in Bucharest and he said that the airport didnt match up to UK airline safety requirements which is why they hadnt changed airports.
Still the whole affair does sem rather strange and annoying

markrl
1st May 2008, 12:57
I think some of the airport switches which have effected a few of the cheap and nasty airlines were runway resurfacing work at Banaesa and the recent NATO conference arrivals at Otopeni.

This has nothing to do with economics its all about politics. I'm pretty sure just like rust on a Fiat EasyJet will be back in due course. They may have to grease a few wheels at the Romanian CAA to help things along ;)

parky747
3rd May 2008, 12:47
Anyone have any info on when EZY plan to add further a/c to the MAN ops.
Now that MAN is a base, would they perhaps be considering routes to say MAD using MAD based a/c?
Hope that EZY make a good go at MAN, its about time the airport had a committed airline that have clout to deliver!

LGS6753
8th May 2008, 17:57
ATW are reporting Andy Harrison as saying that EZY have put up for sale the 8 ex-GB A321s. He also confirms discussion with Airbus to change A319 orders to A320.

cesare.caldi
9th May 2008, 22:04
I belive a possibile new route is MXP-MAN

MUFC_fan
10th May 2008, 10:26
I can understand wht MXP would be a new route but don't we think it is abit overserved?

BE operate it 2x daily and FR operate 3 weekly flights to BGY which will probably increase to daily by this winter. Sure routes such as SXF and MAD where they have a base and also the competition is either weak or not there at all!

Just hope they choose some good, interesting routes.

Mouser
10th May 2008, 13:31
It's Alicante next

cesare.caldi
10th May 2008, 18:47
BE operate it 2x daily and FR operate 3 weekly flights to BGY which will probably increase to daily by this winter. Flybe to be a low cost/low fare carrier is very expensive...

I belive if Easyjet open MXP-MAN bye bye Flybe!

MUFC_fan
10th May 2008, 18:51
U2 would have to do it twice daily to get the business traffic and if they were to do this, I agree with you, goodbye to the Flybe route.

Playamar2
25th May 2008, 16:09
Scheduling answer on the airlines website:-

New schedules are usually released in stages, around three to four months before the end of the existing schedule. The exact date is dependent on confirmation of flight slots from the relevant Air Traffic Control authorities. Our summer schedule generally runs from the last Sunday in March through to the last Saturday in October. Our winter schedule runs from the last Sunday in October to the last Saturday in March.

playamar2

OliWW
30th May 2008, 21:30
Does anyone know whether easyjet will be keeping there Thessaloniki flights the same for summer 09 as this year, or wont they be released till like october?

Any info?

danielson81
11th Jun 2008, 08:06
RE: Milan - Bucharest

This might be of some use:

http://crib.mae.ro/index.php?lang=en&id=31&s=36937&arhiva=true

Appears Easyjet had/have high hopes for this route.

Buster the Bear
12th Jun 2008, 12:23
Expect an announcement of a European base closure to be made imminently?

neuer
12th Jun 2008, 13:18
already announced this morning!!! Its DTM!

jaypla
12th Jun 2008, 16:11
But they dont close it, they reduce the flights by 50%...

Jet22
12th Jun 2008, 16:31
Quite to suprised to find out that EZY are expanding into ALC from MAN.
Looks like this MAN base is going to be a sort of Holiday Route base with LPL been the City Base.

How are the loads doing on these flights? And how many A/C and what type is based at this Airport?

neuer
12th Jun 2008, 17:48
of course its a closure! DTM wont be a crewbase anymore in winter!!!

MUFC_fan
12th Jun 2008, 18:04
Quite to suprised to find out that EZY are expanding into ALC from MAN.
Looks like this MAN base is going to be a sort of Holiday Route base with LPL been the City Base.

How are the loads doing on these flights? And how many A/C and what type is based at this Airport?

Highly doubt MAN will become the 'holiday airport' when there is much bigger business in Manchester than Liverpool, with respect.

Think they will operate both airports with compliments.

Flights to ALC from MAN start in October using A320 aircraft. They currently have two based.

pug
12th Jun 2008, 18:15
Can we expect EMA to be closed aswell

Hope not!!! Fly out with them to ALC in sept

rubik101
13th Jun 2008, 09:47
Announced today, shock horror news! Is this the start of something bigger/smaller?

"Ryanair, Europe's low fare airline, says "Auf Wiedersehen!" EasyJet, after their announcement today (Thursday, 12 th June 2008) that EasyJet has started consultations with its staff on the closure of its Dortmund base where EasyJet has 3 aircraft and 11 routes. EasyJet started its base in Dortmund in 2005. Ryanair started a competing base in Düsseldorf-Weeze in 2007 and just 1 year later EasyJet announced that they plan to desert Dortmund, because they cannot compete with Ryanair's lower fares to/from Düsseldorf-Weeze."

airhumberside
13th Jun 2008, 10:12
It's Easyjet launching a sensible review of small bases considering the current economic situation and fuel prices and deciding to focus on its core larger bases. Not the end off Easyjet and Ryanair would like

eu01
13th Jun 2008, 10:51
It simply doesn't fit into the low-cost model to have the base at those airports where the operational hours are limited to just between 6:00 and 22:00 hrs. More and more places in Germany are being forced to close for the entire 8 hour-period, it eliminates them as lcc bases. Even SXF (Berlin-Brandenburg-International) will be crippled by the night flight ban.

jaypla
13th Jun 2008, 11:04
The times for SXF are not sure by now, probably 6.00-0.00.

eastern wiseguy
13th Jun 2008, 11:15
It simply doesn't fit into the low-cost model to have the base at those airports where the operational hours are limited to just between 6:00 and 22:00 hrs

Don't tell O'Leary about BHD then!:rolleyes:

rubik101
13th Jun 2008, 11:16
The opening times are not a factor for either FR or EZ. Most of their bases have night flying restrictions and it affects the operation not one tiny little bit. All FR and EZ aircraft are on the ground overnight. It is one of the main reasons the pilots enjoy working for them, home every night.
A red herring if ever there was one.

Tongues in cheeks just pass some people by I fear.

p.s. this to save you rushing into print to deny my point; there might be a night Athens but the argument still holds up.

eu01
13th Jun 2008, 11:25
Don't tell O'Leary about BHD then!:rolleyes:
Well, we do not speak about politics, do we? BHD's runway doesn't fit into anything too (at least when you use 737's). BHD is simply a political matter, I'd say.

tosch19
13th Jun 2008, 17:20
The opening times are not a factor for either FR or EZ. Most of their bases have night flying restrictions and it affects the operation not one tiny little bit.
For sure there are night restrictions st most of ther airports but ther is a big difference between the opening hours. DTM airpot closes at 22:00 NRN closes at 00:00. So there are 2 more hours fo fly.

inglebyboro
14th Jun 2008, 08:22
Mrs Inglebyboro flew on then above route earlier this morning, taking our 4 week old son. After check in she carried on through to the departure gate, taking the baby in the pushchair. At the gate, there was a load of steps to go down (which was not advised at check in - if so, she would have got rid of the pushchair then). She asked one of the staff at the gate if they could help her with the pushchair down the stairs, only to be told that they would NOT help her. My wife then asked how was she supposed to get the pushchair down the flight of stairs, to which the reply was "Its not our problem, but if you need help then you will have to ask another passenger"

She then had to wait at the top of the stairs, until she could find somebody to help, whilst the "customer service asssistants", or whatever they are called this week, looked on, with the occasional laugh, when the first few pax refused to help.

I understand that Easy dont use airbridges to reduce costs, but surely, assisting a passenger down some stairs, when there is no lift available, is something that a pax could, or should expect.

Easy charge £16 for an infant, so what on earth is this payment for. They get no luggage allowance, the cost of using the seatbelt during the flight does not cost £16.

If Easy cannot help single pax, with a pushchair, why is this not made clear on the website, or is it just a case of some Geordies getting paid for a job which they are not doing?

Getoutofmygalley
14th Jun 2008, 09:29
It's not easyJet staff at the gate, it's the handling agents staff.

The payment of £16 goes to easyJet for your infant to fly, not to the handling agents. That £16 covers the cost of fuel that the little one might be causing the aircraft to burn during the flight (remember all weight onboard increases fuel burn).

Handling agents only provide a limited amount of staff at the gate, who have the job of checking the boarding cards which is a job that is very intensive as easyJet (and any airline for that matter) do not want to take the wrong pax to the wrong destination. The gate staff are also reconciling the boarding cards to get the correct head count. If a gate agent was to move from the gate and assist with carrying items for pax down to the aircraft then they would not be doing their job of checking boarding cards and reconciling boarding cards and trying to supervise the boarding process.

Your wife did not need to carry the pushchair down to the aircraft, it could have been left at the gate and the gate agents would then ensure that it goes into the hold. This happens at all airports where those parents travelling alone with an infant do not then have to struggle down to the aircraft with half a tonne of stuff.

Remember, the only easyJet staff you will ever meet are the cabin crew that are onboard the aircraft. The cabin crew want you to have a pleasant flying experience unfortunately though, it's always the handling agents that create the negative experience for the pax.

inglebyboro
14th Jun 2008, 11:20
The stairs my wife needed help with were to get down to the gate, not from the gate to the aircraft.

I appreciate that EasyJet palm off ground handling agent duties to 3rd parties, but I pay EasyJet for my seat, not the handling agent. Therefore, my grip must be with the people I have paid my money to, as I, (or my wife) am the airlines customer.

Easyjet chose to operate from this gate at Newcastle (which has a different lay out to the rest, and is the only one where you have to go downstairs BEFORE you reach the gate). There is no escalator or lift to use, so the stairs are the only option.

If a pax is disabled, there are other options to get the pax onto the aircraft, but it seems Easy do not give a monkeys about people with very young children. If my wife was advised of the problem at check in (same handling agent), she would have got rid of the pushchair then, and carried my son the rest of the way.

I also understand that the gate staff cannot leave the gate unattended, but if one of them went to help my wife, there would have still been staff there to ensure gate duties were acrried out.

I do not pay fellow passengers to assist with helping my wife, I pay the airline.

Once on board, she had a pleasant trip, but as a customer, I see the easyJet brand and logo from Check in through to the destination airport

londoneasyjetboi
14th Jun 2008, 14:49
For clarification, SXF operates 24/7 with no night restrictions, SXF accepts all off schedule arrivals from TXL (which closes 2300-0600). Quite often the likes of BA, AB, AF, IB etc can be seen there when they are running late and cannot meet the 2300 closure of TXL

Sad news about DTM though... at least all the employees there will just be offered the move back to the UK or another easyJet base as per their secondment contracts!

eu01
14th Jun 2008, 18:16
For clarification, SXF operates 24/7 with no night restrictions
Well, SXF does, the future BER (Berlin-Brandenburg International) will not.
After a ten-year administrative court battle, in March 2006 the Bundesverwaltungsegericht in Leipzig gave the go-ahead for the project by ruling in favour of Berlin-Brandenberg against challenges by residents and municipalities near the future airport (there is no appeal against the decision and compensation has been set along with [B]restrictions on night flights).Das Gericht hatte die Genehmigungsbehörde verpflichtet, ein „weitgehendes Nachtflugverbot“ von 0 Uhr bis 5 Uhr anzuordnen. Auch in der Zeit von 22 Uhr bis 24 Uhr und von 5 bis 6 Uhr ist nur der Flugbetrieb unbedenklich, der sich aus „nachvollziehbaren Gründen nicht innerhalb des Tagzeitraumes“ abwickeln lässt.
So, the absolute ban will exist from 0:00 to 5:00, but also from 5:00am to 6:00am and 10pm to 12pm the right to operate will be given only for the "understandable reasons". Will the carrier's base existance at the airport be a reason good enough - is very doubtful.

Just Browsing
15th Jun 2008, 08:49
Inglebyboro

It's often the case that the service agent sours the customer's experience with easyJet before they even meet an easyjet member of staff. The only comfort for us is that the same service agent will represent most or all of the other airlines at that airport, including our competitors. So in theory, other airlines should suffer similar complaints.

However, despite the fact that they represent everyone else, they still represent easyjet, and you - as you rightly said - bought your ticket with easyjet not some unknown service agency. Without commenting on your particular case, I would strongly encourage anyone with airport handling issues to email Andy Harrison with their complaint. It's generally the worst part of a customer's experience with the company, and one the crews alone often have to make up for.

JB

EI-BUD
15th Jun 2008, 08:50
If I were you I would write into EZY to [email protected]
While nothing can be done at this stage to remedy the problem other than an apology, EZY can use complaints like these to improve the service by 3rd party companies.

I wrote in myself as a couple of weeks ago I was flying from Paris, and after a delay of about 1 hour due to only 1 bus being available to ferry passengers from 2B to the aircraft, the problem was that after paying for Speedy boarding the bus was boarded in sequence, ie SB first then children and ppl with special assistance needed then A etc. The guy at the gate advise the first on to go to the front of the bus so that Speedy boarders get on first, when the bus arrived at the steps of the aircraft so too did the second bus, so it ofloaded first so B and A were on first and I could not choose my seat, not a big deal but I was annoyed as I was very tired and didnt want to get a bad seat!

The ground service company did not seem to understand the needs of easyjet or its passengers, and not understand the boarding sequence tells me that the communication to ground service agents and bus drivers is poor.

EI-BUD

one post only!
15th Jun 2008, 12:08
Inglebyboro, I agree with the others, write in to share your wifes eperience. As you said its a unusual gate unlike all the others at NCL so EZY may not be aware of the problem. Advise them and I bet they try to get it sorted so at least she may not have the same problem in the future.

Rubik101, all EZY aircraft are not on the ground overnight, have a look at the summer schedule and you will find nearly all are airborne till midnight with a lot still airborne till 2/3am network wide. There is more than just a night Athens!! RYR tend to be tucked up at 10pm but a lot of EZY's keep flying. This is the problem at DTM. The 3 aircraft there are losing at least 2 sectors each, every day. You can justify losing 6 daily sectors when fuel is cheap but as it gets more and more expensive a strict night curfew just doesn't make a crew base at DTM economical sense. Operate through there from other bases instead. So sorry but I don't think your argument does hold up.

londoneasyjetboi
15th Jun 2008, 18:12
BBI is a good many years off, they have only just started clearing the southern side of the main runway for the terminals.... there has to be dirty great hole dug yet for the train station and lines...

however, i did not know that the government was going to imply night restrictions... seems silly to me considering its in the middle of the country side, but i guess any politics these days dont make sense to me!

Thanks for the information eu01!

BAladdy
15th Jun 2008, 20:46
Sorry if already been discussed before. Have just noticed on jethros that these four A320's are to be WFU 4Q08 and onwards to BA.

This explains why U2 have kept the blue underbelly on just these aircraft. Anyone know if they are really going to BA and does anyone know when in the 4Q.

http://www.jethros.dwsitech.com/fleets/fleet_listings/easyjet_a320srs.htm

Cheers in advance for any info.

SplashDown
19th Jun 2008, 11:17
New routes announced from Milan Malpensa (MXP).

Rumours do come true with Copenhagen finally announced along with Sofia. Domestic routes also announced with Brindisi and Lamezia.

Not too sure when they start but I'm guessing an official announcement today with Mr Harrison making a visit to MXP today for the 10th aircraft delivery.

Splashdown

VanBosh
19th Jun 2008, 11:42
Pretty brave going head to head with Ryanair on Lamezia and Brindisi.

Perhaps some retaliation for recent RYR announcements.

neuer
19th Jun 2008, 12:52
its the 11th already for MXP

thepeacock
19th Jun 2008, 12:56
MXP-CPH seems to be a daily afternoon flight from 1st October.

But not on sale for winter yet.

MXP-CPH 13:30-15:40
CPH-MXP 16:10-18:15

except Saturday
MXP-CPH 12:00-14:10
CPH-MXP 14:40-16:45

JadeGoody
19th Jun 2008, 13:16
Stockholm- MXP is a new route!
Easyjets first swedish route!

parky747
19th Jun 2008, 17:46
Does anyone have any information on any further developments on the new MAN base. I thought EZY would have announced city routes by now like MAD, CDG etc. Also are A319 due to operate from MAN?

Airbourne-Adamski
20th Jun 2008, 16:13
I have not heard anything as yet regards to MAN.
Only expansion at MXP.

cesare.caldi
20th Jun 2008, 16:16
Anyone know the frequency and timetable of new MXP-ARN? For now is not on sale... I want to book immediatly a week-end to Stockholm....:ok:

HEisLEGEND
20th Jun 2008, 19:06
any news on lisbon-madeira?beware tap...:}

cesare.caldi
22nd Jun 2008, 11:46
For LIS-FNC there are two options: or LIS will be a new base or will be a W route....

Wadadli
23rd Jun 2008, 01:10
Starts 20th of October 2008 :ok: according to the ARN web page. Not yet confirmed by easyJet.

Cheers,

arc-en-ciel
23rd Jun 2008, 11:28
Isnt' the Lisboa-madeira a PSO route ???

cesare.caldi
23rd Jun 2008, 17:16
Starts 20th of October 2008 :ok: according to the ARN web page. Not yet confirmed by easyJet.

MXP-ARN is confirmed by Easyjet press release, but not yet on sale

Do you have any informations about frequency and timetable?

cesare.caldi
23rd Jun 2008, 17:18
Isnt' the Lisboa-madeira a PSO route ???No more, now is a free route

james170969
24th Jun 2008, 16:26
Does anyone know when Easyjet will be selling seats on flights from Glasgow to Alicante beyond 25th October? I have various relatives that want me to book them on flights in November, January and April. I flew with Easyjet from Glasgow to Malaga in January and booked that return flight in June last year. Why are they leaving it so late?

cesare.caldi
24th Jun 2008, 17:05
Probably the winter timetable of Easyjet will go on sale from end of June

HEisLEGEND
24th Jun 2008, 21:13
i hope lis-fnc will be one of the new routes,being a free route now,im sure it would be a strong bet.the route is poorly represented with tap and sata who have crazy prices for years and years now.it will be a breeze of fresh economic air for the locals who have to come to the continent and are fed up with the total inadequate(absurd) price/km that they have suported for too long.

cesare.caldi
24th Jun 2008, 21:36
This new route will be not only for locals but also increase tourist to Madeira

HEisLEGEND
24th Jun 2008, 22:19
seasonaly speaking yes,it will serve tourism,but i was refering to year-round success.
greets

toledoashley
27th Jun 2008, 17:13
Winter 08/09 now on sale for Manchester/East Midlands/Bristol/Newcastle

I cant see anything that would be a major surprise - MAN.TFS/MLA/PFO all are retained, so that looks good for the london routes.

JulietNovemberPapa
6th Jul 2008, 11:47
Anyone know when EZY will offer for sale its winter LTN flights? Cheers.

Manchester Kurt
6th Jul 2008, 13:01
Hi, am thinking of taking my wife out to the Swiss Alps for her birthday next year in late January.

At the moment I'm really struggling to find decent flight times from MAN.

Does anyone know if there is any prospect of EasyJet flights from Geneva to MAN being available next winter, or do I need to try and work somethign out with the other low cost operators?

Many thanks

james170969
6th Jul 2008, 18:14
JNP I don't know what's happening at EZY. I've been waiting for ages to book flights from Glasgow to Malaga and Alicante for myself and various family members. At the moment both routes are only on sale up to 25th October. At the end of May last year I booked a return flight from Glasgow to Malaga in January of this year. Flyglobespan have flights for sale well into next year but I refuse point blank to book anyone onto their flights. I think Easyjet must be losing bookings to other airlines that have flights for sale later than 25th October.

JulietNovemberPapa
7th Jul 2008, 10:27
easyJet passenger statistics for June 2008

Load factor increased 0.1% from 86.8% in June 07 to 86.9% in June 08.

Passenger volume increased 19.5% between June 07 and June 08, from 3,440,630 to 4,112,951 respectively. This includes the effect of acquiring GB.

Total revenue per seat continues to improve.

kingston_toon
7th Jul 2008, 16:02
Another batch of easyJet winter routes are now on sale, including those from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stansted.

Charlie Roy
7th Jul 2008, 16:21
Madrid - Sofia

cesare.caldi
7th Jul 2008, 16:44
Another batch of easyJet winter routes are now on sale, including those from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stansted.Also on sale winter route from Belfast and Liverpool

dwlpl
8th Jul 2008, 09:32
Hi, am thinking of taking my wife out to the Swiss Alps for her birthday next year in late January.

At the moment I'm really struggling to find decent flight times from MAN.

Does anyone know if there is any prospect of EasyJet flights from Geneva to MAN being available next winter, or do I need to try and work somethign out with the other low cost operators?

Re Geneva.

For choice of times in the peak winter weeks you can choose from 5*flights on Saturdays from Liverpool or 4*flights on Sundays with 2*flights Monday to Friday.

From MAN you have 1*per weekday and 2*at the weekends.

virgin_cc_wannabe
8th Jul 2008, 09:56
also manchester to geneva and sofia now bookable

kingston_toon
8th Jul 2008, 10:11
Madrid to Sofia, which was on the map yesterday, has now gone... did someone type in MAD instead of MAN...?

JulietNovemberPapa
8th Jul 2008, 11:29
Anyone know when EZY will offer for sale its winter LTN flights? Cheers.

Can now answer my own question:

"Seats from London Luton and London Gatwick this winter will be available from 14 July." From:
easyJet.com - easyJet launches Winter 2008/9 schedule (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/News/cheap_winter_flights_from_belfast_edinburgh_glasgo.html)

Manchester Kurt
8th Jul 2008, 12:20
dwlpl - thanks for the info.

We are looking at going out on the Monday - Wednesday, and looking for an afternoon return flight (hard to get from Zermatt to Geneva early doors).

Thankfully the new EasyJet flights are at ideal times, and very cheap and as such now booked.

Don't mention Liverpool to my wife, we life in Sale, £12 in a taxi from MAN, anything further afield is simply far too inconvinient for her to even consider.

Seat62K
8th Jul 2008, 17:23
Despite my experience of poor punctuality and the unpleasantness of the boarding "experience", I found myself migrating back to easyJet from Ryanair today as a result of the attractiveness of the just-released fares from Stansted. Well done, easyJet! (But please get your punctuality and boarding sorted!)

parky747
8th Jul 2008, 17:29
Perhaps EZY would do better on the MAD service they offer at LPL if is was moved over to MAN and increased it to twice daily now BmiBaby have dropped the route?

The Flying Cokeman
8th Jul 2008, 22:06
Seat62K,

My best guess as a pilot in EZY is that 9 out of 10 delays are caused by ATC slot restrictions. Not much you can do about that :sad:

dwlpl
9th Jul 2008, 09:33
Perhaps EZY would do better on the MAD service they offer at LPL if is was moved over to MAN and increased it to twice daily now BmiBaby have dropped the route?

Better?

You will find that the Liverpool/Madrid route has one of the highest LF on any route in the EZY network.

Shed-on-a-Pole
9th Jul 2008, 12:37
Probably a bit early to tell, but can anybody clarify whether the MAN-GVA and MAN-SOF schedules are for winter ski-season only? Or are they set to continue on an all-year round basis? Thanks for any info.

SHED.

MARK9263
9th Jul 2008, 13:42
That may be true but do you not think EZY have benefitted from a lack of a serious MAD service by anyone since BA pulled off MAN-MAD in 2006 and IBE in 2004. I am suggesting a good percentage of that high load factor is possibly generated from this side of the M62 anyway...Just a thought...

Seat62K
10th Jul 2008, 19:27
"The Flying Cokeman",
Thank you for your response. I make frequent trips with Ryanair and easyJet, principally from STN (and occasionally from LGW or LTN). The pattern I have noticed is that Ryanair is much more punctual than easyJet. I accept that perhaps I have just been unlucky when flying with easyJet. I have wondered, though, whether easyJet decides to dispatch a flight from Stansted to Amsterdam, for example, with a shorter delay than one to Malaga, say, because of the perception of the sensitivity of passengers to delays ("after all, Malaga pax are only going on holiday"). This speculation arises as a result of noticing gate changes which mean, I assume, that an aircraft originally due to leave to destination x ends up instead going to destination y. Perhaps this doesn't happen frequently. The punctuality problem I perceived reached a point for me that I found myself booking one-way returns to the UK with Ryanair and not using the return leg of easyJet bookings because I just couldn't take the risk of returning home late.

Sky Wave
10th Jul 2008, 20:34
I have wondered, though, whether easyJet decides to dispatch a flight from Stansted to Amsterdam, for example, with a shorter delay than one to Malaga, say, because of the perception of the sensitivity of passengers to delays ("after all, Malaga pax are only going on holiday").

It can happen but not for the reasons that you suggest. Very often we do 4 sector days. If a crew and aircraft are scheduled STN-HAM-STN-GVA-STN but they are significantly delayed on the first two sectors it may be that they will not legally have enough flying hours available to operate the GVA, however they will have enough to do a quick hop to AMS, therefore the poor sods that were going to be finishing on an AMS suddenly find that they are going to GVA :(

To be honest I don't believe this sort of thing happens very often, they'll usually get a standby crew in to operate the last 2 sectors, you were perhaps unlucky.

I also agree with flying cokeman, from where I sit the punctuality is not that bad and when we are delayed it's usually because of slots, and the worst days are when the French are on strike.

We often lose 10 to 15 minutes on a turn around but we usually make that back on the flight and I very rarely get home from work later than I'm supposed to.

h&s
10th Jul 2008, 21:55
Seat62K, easyJet on-time performance is usually one of the best of the industry standards.
You noticed ryanair do better than easyjet, it's a personal opinion and as so, we could not say the opposite.
The cause is probably related to the type of airport used. As you know, easyJet is using main airport (cdg, bcn, mxp etc) whereas ryanair is using secondary airport (bva, gro, bgy etc), especially in continental europe (in uk, there are serving the same airports).

The probability to have slot restriction/longer taxi etc that delay your flight is much more important in ams, cdg or bod than in ein, reu or egc...

JulietNovemberPapa
11th Jul 2008, 22:13
Six interesting new routes listed in easyJet.com - Route information and launch dates (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/About/Information/infopack_routeinfo.html):

3 November 2008 London Gatwick to Helsinki
27 October 2008 Geneva to Stockholm
27 October 2008 Madrid to Sofia
27 October 2008 Lisbon to Funchal
27 October 2008 London Gatwick to Basel
3 October 2008 London Gatwick to Lyon

pee
12th Jul 2008, 07:12
London Gatwick to Helsinki
Geneva to StockholmOh, did EZY finally decide to advance in Scandinavia? Welcome to Finland!

Swedish and Finnish markets are very different ones. The Swedish population is somewhat bigger (9,1 mln versus 5,3 mln inhabitants in Finland), but the low-cost development is diametrically different in these two countries. Sweden is at present very close to saturation with Ryanair flying to near 40 destinations from Skavsta base and three other airports, Norwegian to over 20, Sterling to dozens of places from two airports, Wizzair with ten routes or so and finally Air Berlin with a few destinations more. In Finland there are just six routes of FR, only one route served by Wizzair and a couple of direct flights by Air Berlin, that's all, les than ten lcc routes altogether. EZY must however take into account the distrust of some Finnish people towards the brands new to them (and foreign, "is it safe?"). The one who accually did broke the initial lack of confidence here is Ryanair - but they didn't turn it to good account while expanding very slowly, shame on you!

kingston_toon
12th Jul 2008, 13:52
But no sign of Milan - Stockholm there...?

As an aside, I think it's possible (in a totally unscientific way) to work out which routes are being dropped for winter from those bases where the seats are not yet on sale. Search the route you're interested in for October 20th or something using "find lowest fares", and then look at the green "Lowest fares in..." box to the right. Routes you'd expect to stop in winter only go up to October or November, but the majority will give lowest fares to January. You can't actually click on it, or search for January, but this should be an indication of whether something is going to continue or not...

By this method, I predict there will be EZY flights this winter from Dortmund to Barcelona, Budapest, Krakow, London Luton, Thessaloniki.

pee
12th Jul 2008, 19:47
I admit being puzzled by EZY's decision to start flying to chronically-too-expensive Helsinki-Vantaa airport. But I just found an explanation:FINAVIA’S INCENTIVE FOR ESTABLISHING NEW ROUTES

Finavia works actively to support airlines in opening new routes in Finland and thus stimulate air traffic. One way of contributing to that goal is to share risk with our customers when they are establishing a new route and grant discounts for these new routes.
Finavia’s Board has decided to modify Finavia’s promotion policy toward new routes quite substantially. Starting from 25th of October 2008 the new incentive policy is following:
To promote new connections Finavia grants discounts for limited period on landing and passengers charges for new routes. Regarding discounts on passenger charges, lower service level terminals at Turku and Tampere-Pirkkala airports are exceptions. Charges and discounts of these terminals are published at Airpro (http://www.airpro.fi).

Time period for discount is three years.

Discounts at Helsinki-Vantaa airport:
¨ ¨ ¨ Landing charges Passenger charge
Year 1 90 % discount | 70 % discount
Year 2 70 % discount | -
Year 3 50 % discount | -

Discounts at other Finavia’s airports:
¨ ¨ ¨ Landing charges Passenger charge
Year 1 90 % discount | 70 % discount
Year 2 70 % discount | 50 % discount
Year 3 50 % discount | -Well, it's a very smart move of EZY, my congratulations!

The Flying Cokeman
13th Jul 2008, 09:27
Kingston toon,

I think ur right, EZY want's to close the base this year in DTM and they only want to fly around half of the excisting routes they have in DTM.

Pee,
easyJet is not like Ryanair! easyJet flies to major airports so they don't seem to be too easily scared off by airport charges. LGW,AMS,MAD,BCN, CPH, ORY and CDG to name a few are not cheap secondary airports...
But yes it certainly looks like a good discount you found there ;)

adam12345
14th Jul 2008, 12:12
Does anybody know what time EasyJet are going to release the winter schedule from Gatwick and Luton. There Website says;

Seats from London Luton and London Gatwick this winter will be available from 14 July.

But nothing yet.....

JulietNovemberPapa
14th Jul 2008, 12:41
Yeah, I'm waiting for its LTN flights to become available so I can book my November flights to BUD. But it's not yet available.

ltua330
14th Jul 2008, 15:03
Hi

Does anyone have any info regarding Easyjet flying from Bournemouth this coming Winter,i presume Geneva and Grenoble will be back but will there be any other routes,AMS and BRU would be good.
Cheers

Martin

JulietNovemberPapa
14th Jul 2008, 17:32
LTN and LGW flights are now available for booking.

I'll be booking LTN-BUD-LTN - £55.93 all-in. Great price. :ok:

Flare-Idle
14th Jul 2008, 20:09
Anybody in the know from which EZY or EZS base this rotation will be flown ? Or may be LIS is another new EZY base ?

HEisLEGEND
14th Jul 2008, 22:37
we´re all wondering about that in lis..
anyway,congratulations,i´m sure it will have huge success:ok:

londoneasyjetboi
15th Jul 2008, 00:53
LIS-FNC will be operated by EZY based a/c on rotation MAD-LIS-FNC-LIS-MAD twice a day

have fun

JulietNovemberPapa
15th Jul 2008, 06:43
LGW-HEL and LGW-LYS available.

LGW-HEL from £32.99, HEL-LGW from £22.99. Great prices. :ok:

Anyone know when MXP-ARN and GVA-ARN will be loaded?

Topswiss01
16th Jul 2008, 16:59
Announcement tomorrow about a new twice daily Basel-Gatwick service.

The daily Basel-Luton flight seems to get dropped. Zurich-Luton will be reduced from 12 weekly to 9 weekly.

JulietNovemberPapa
17th Jul 2008, 06:27
GVA-ARN-GVA now loaded. It's on 1, 3, 5, 6, 7. GVA-ARN from CHF47.95 one-way, ARN-GVA from €29.99 one-way.

cesare.caldi
21st Jul 2008, 17:40
This is new timetable for winter of MXP-EDI on weekdays

MXP-EDI 10:45-12:15
EDI-MXP 11:10-14:40

So, there is an error or from with base will be operated this flight?

cesare.caldi
21st Jul 2008, 17:45
Any news about when will be available for booking the winter timetable of MXP, SXF and CDG base?

MUFC_fan
21st Jul 2008, 17:50
The MXP-EDI route may become a aircraft swapping route between bases.

The aircraft move around a lot between bases and this maybe one of the other ways.

Or, both flights maybe 'W' rotations and work on completely different routes. ie) 1 a/c could do LTN-EDI-MXP-LTN and another LGW-MXP-EDI-LGW for example.

GoEDI
21st Jul 2008, 17:54
This is new timetable for winter of MXP-EDI on weekdays

MXP-EDI 10:45-12:15
EDI-MXP 11:10-14:40

So, there is an error or from with base will be operated this flight?

The above indicates that MXP-EDI is MXP based but EDI-MXP is presumably EDI based.
It is a weird one and I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it. At a guess I'd imagine though that it has something to do with either slots at MXP, or rotation of based aircraft. Not sure what happens with the crew though! etc. Unless they operate the flights as W patterns from other bases. (ie STN-EDI-MXP-STN etc)
Anyone know for sure?

easydan319
22nd Jul 2008, 13:48
MXP - EDI - MXP will be operated by LGW A/C and Crew.

LGW - EDI 09:10 - 10:40
EDI - MXP 11:10 - 14:40
MXP - LGW 15:25 - 16:25

LGW - MXP 07:15 - 10:10
MXP - EDI 10:45 - 12:15
EDI - LGW 12:40 - 14:10

There will be other flights during the Winter 2008 season with different aircraft and crews including:

MAD - LIS - FNC - LIS - MAD
STN - LYS - CIA - LYS - STN
STN - GVA - MAN - GVA - STN

easydan319
22nd Jul 2008, 16:21
The full winter schedule is now on sale including flights from MXP, SXF, CDG, ORY and LYS.

pee
22nd Jul 2008, 16:53
The full winter schedule is now on sale including SXF
If so, there are some routes from Berlin to be abandoned as of November. A fast screening (I'm looking from North) reveals destinations like Tallinn and Riga with no flights...

The Flying Cokeman
22nd Jul 2008, 20:23
easydan319,

With those times your saying I shall look forward to do an early check in for once on the other side of 05.00......:ok:

JulietNovemberPapa
23rd Jul 2008, 13:40
EZY has finally put on sale MXP-ARN-MXP. Daily frequency. Very good base fares including taxes: MXP-ARN €22.99, ARN-MXP €29.99.

JulietNovemberPapa
23rd Jul 2008, 13:50
Incidentally, if you're interested in country market comparisons for EZY and FR, look at this link: UK still #1 growth market for Ryanair and easyJet; Ryanair growing fast in Spain, easyJet in France | anna.aero (http://www.anna.aero/2008/07/18/uk-still-1-growth-market-for-ryanair-and-easyjet/)

Ian Brooks
24th Jul 2008, 08:05
Easyjet to make large reduction at Stansted this winter according to BBC
12% cut in flights this winter following on from Ryanair

Ian

JulietNovemberPapa
24th Jul 2008, 08:44
'At Stansted, capacity will be reduced by 12% this winter.'

"Overall, capacity growth for the Winter 2008 / 2009 has been reduced and is currently planned to be in the region of 4% to 6%. Flying at less profitable times has been thinned and easyJet will reallocate capacity from weaker performing bases towards higher value opportunities including Gatwick, France and Italy. At Stansted, capacity will be reduced by 12% this winter and at the beginning of June easyJet announced that the future of its base at Dortmund is under review. In the current environment flexibility is vital and easyJet continues to review its schedule and may make further adjustments both to eliminate unprofitable flying and to seize any opportunities that may arise as capacity exits the market."

easyJet.com - Q3 Interim Management Statement (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/News/q3_2008_interim_management_statement.html)

Double Hydco
24th Jul 2008, 09:28
I'm not sure it will make much difference to the number of based aircraft at STN if easydan319 is correct and we do W patterns through GVA/LYS?

easydan319
24th Jul 2008, 11:37
Just been looking on the easyJet website and the STN flights for sale in January as an example. From what I can work out these will be the first wave departures ex STN:

06:25 - ALC (Won't operate on Tuesdays or Wednesdays)
06:45 - TLL (Won't operate on Tuesdays)
07:00 - AMS/PMI
07:10 - AGP
07:10 - GVA/MAN (similar to GVA/BHX operated last winter)
07:15 - CPH
07:15 - LYS/CIA (similar to LYS/BCN operated last winer)
07:20 - FNC (Won't operate on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Saturdays)
07:30 - PRG
07:45 - FAO
07:55 - MUC

EDI,GLA,BFS and NCL earlies by those bases.

So it looks like at the most 11 basd a/c at STN this winter with less flights on Tuesdays and Wednesdays when there will be only 8 earlies. Last winter we had 11 based a/c so not too bad. I guess lots of standbys on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and sitting around! I think the 12% cut will just be frequency reductions e.g BCN going from 2x daily to daily, TLL and LJU from daily to 6x weekly, FNC from daily to 4x weekly etc.

IBZ gets the usual winter chop but LEI, VLC and OVD look like they are getting the winter cut too. With FR operating STN - LEI,VLC,ALC,PMI,FAO and new flights to IBZ, BSL and AGP this winter,who knows what the future will hold for EZY at STN!

Day_Dreamer
24th Jul 2008, 13:28
From Citywire UK

Is this the beginning of the end for low-cost flying?
By Tony Bonsignore | 12:04:05 | 24 July 2008
More worrying news for the budget airlines this morning, with Easyjet announcing it had been forced to severely curtail its growth plans over the coming months.
The Luton-based cheap flight pioneer said it would slash its capacity at Stansted by 12% during the winter months, as well as close its base in Dortmund. Easyjet said its hand had been forced by the high price of oil and the worsening economic climate.
Annual fuel costs have increased by £185m, Easyjet reported.
The announcement comes just weeks after rival Ryanair said it would cut around 250 winter flights from Stansted in a bid to cut spiralling fuel costs.
The key question for investors – and travellers for that matter – is whether this a temporary blip, or the start of something more fundamental.
On the one hand our thirst for low cost travel seems unlikely to subside any time soon. The EU is expanding and its citizens becoming ever more mobile. And with money getting tighter many of us will be turning to the Easyjets of this world as we look to put together cheaper DIY holidays.
Neither should we forget the hundreds of thousands who have bought second homes on the basis that No Frills Air flies daily to an airport just 90 miles away for less than a fiver all in.
And yet…one can’t help but feel that there is something inherently unsustainable and perhaps indecent about flying to the south of France for the day for the cost of an M&S prawn sandwich.
Especially with the dollar cost of a barrel of oil still well into three figures.
And especially given growing concerns over climate change.
Today then, the Money Blog asks for your thoughts on the future prospects for the cheapy airlines. Are we witnessing the beginning of the end of budget air travel? The end of the beginning, even? How would you feel about the return to the days when a plane ticket to the continent cost hundreds - rather than tens - of pounds?
Or is this simply a minor setback in the inexorable growth story of the budget airlines, a trend which has rightly put regular air travel within the reach of the masses?

Ian Brooks
24th Jul 2008, 14:55
I think there is a pattern with Stansted being a major loser due cost there
Ryanair and Easyjet cutting back EOS and Maxjet going bust, SkyEurope and Blue1 pulling out and moving to other airports, Wizz dropping Stansted
Air Berlin dropping the connecting flights to MAN, GLA, BFS due cost and other problems, American and CSA pulling out because of costs

Ian

airhumberside
24th Jul 2008, 15:04
Any word on how DTM will be crewed this winter? W patterns, outbased crew?

Buster the Bear
24th Jul 2008, 19:49
Stansted.....The chickens have returned and are ROOOOOSTING!

About time the airlines operating from Stansted had their subsidised fees (paid for by other BAA airports and thier passengers) increased!

Having been at Luton during the opening of the greenhouse in Essex, many lost their jobs when TNT and Ryanair jumped ship.

Stansted has been able to grow off the back of Heathrow. The BAA now realise that unless they do something all the debt will come tumbling down in Spain!

Check back through my many posts. Stansted is only mega busy because of two things, Heathrow and HM Govt policy.

Sadly due to monopolistic powers, Luton is unable to host many more of the Stansted fee outcasts. Never mind, the playing field is being leveled at last!

easyJet are unlikely to announce a reduction in flights from its home base, but 1 destination for sure has been tweaked.

conradmueller
24th Jul 2008, 19:57
Any word on how DTM will be crewed this winter? W patterns, outbased crew?
The only one A319, which stays overnight in DTM is a Luton based one, it returns the next morning.
All others flights are w-patterns.

MDS
25th Jul 2008, 13:32
Just a quick question -

Do EZY use the 319 on any of the Ex-GB Airways routes (that were not previously served by EZY) out of LGW?
ie, does the 319 ever operate to destinations such as Egypt, or Greece for example?

BONDMAN
25th Jul 2008, 15:02
MDS - yes the A319 has ventured as far as Cyprus when we had a 321 tech here at LGW. They also go daily to SKG and ATH.

Cheers Bondy :)

Getoutofmygalley
25th Jul 2008, 20:39
Except SKG and ATH were easyJet routes BEFORE the GB takeover!

parky747
25th Jul 2008, 23:13
Anyone know when we expect to see the EZY A319 operate out of MAN?

Ian Brooks
26th Jul 2008, 06:57
When the Geneva service starts this winter which I believe will be operated by a STN aircraft on a W rotation which starts on 12th December

Ian

cesare.caldi
26th Jul 2008, 22:18
Easyjet news from MXP winter timetable:

MXP-ARN new route 1x daily
MXP-BRI go from 2x to 3x daily
MXP-BRU go from 1x to 2x daily
MXP-RAK go from 3x week to daily
MXP-CDG go from 4x to 6x daily practically a shuttle service...
MXP-ATH retain 2x daily also in winter

With these news from october MXP will have 13 plane based

kingston_toon
27th Jul 2008, 09:21
SXF - BFS withdrawn from 3x week
SXF - HER withdrawn from 2x week (as you'd expect)
SXF - GLA reduced from daily to 5x week
SXF - IBZ withdrawn from 3x week (as you'd expect)
SXF - LIS reduced from daily to 4x week
SXF - LTN reduced from 19x week to 14x week
SXF - LYS withdrawn from daily
SXF - PMI reduced from 8x week to 5x week
SXF - AGP reduced from daily to 3x week
SXP - NAP reduced from daily to 3x week
SXF - NCE reduced from daily to 4x week
SXF - OLB withdrawn from daily
SXF - ORY increased from 12x week to 19x week
SXF - PSA withdrawn from daily
SXF - RIX withdrawn from daily
SXF - CIA increased from 12x week to 14x daily
SXF - TLL withdrawn from daily
SXF - ATH / BCN / BSL / BRS / BRU / BUD / CPH / GVA / LPL / LGW / MAD / MXP / SKG / VCE no change

jetsetwilly
27th Jul 2008, 11:57
LTN do not have any nightstopping 319's yet.

JSW.

virginblue
27th Jul 2008, 12:21
Interesting that RIX and TLL both get the axe from SXF. Particularly so as Easyjet forced Estonian off the TLL route and now as a result there will be no link between Berlin and Tallinn at all.

larshakan
27th Jul 2008, 20:12
SXF - CIA increased from 12x week to 14x daily

That is a REAL shuttle service :)

TartinTon
27th Jul 2008, 20:36
Either a spike in demand for fresh pasta in Germany or decent beer in Italy!!

parky747
28th Jul 2008, 01:18
Was at Manchester today and couldnt help but notice that the tails of the two a/c in ttoi & ttof i think had the orange paint peeling off, wasnt a good paint job!!!

Is it still the plan to take these GT a320 / 321 out of the fleet at the close of S08?

Jet A1
28th Jul 2008, 09:32
It's not paint but stickers and they look terrible.

MDS
29th Jul 2008, 14:33
Just looking at EZY's route map and saw this:

http://i37.tinypic.com/34qny1h.png

No information on their site/launch dates.

I'm guessing Iceland?

EDIT: My mistake. It was 'meant' to be the Helsinki route line. However appears they messed that one up. :p

Seat62K
29th Jul 2008, 15:30
Gosh! For a moment I thought they'd beaten Ryanair to it.....(and kept rather quiet about it, too)!

eu01
29th Jul 2008, 15:46
I thought these were Europe's first lo-co routes to NYC ;)

G-TTIC
29th Jul 2008, 15:52
Is it still the plan to take these GT a320 / 321 out of the fleet at the close of S08?I believe some of the aircraft will be leaving the fleet at the end of the summer season but a few will be retained, mainly A320s. PFO and SSH are continuing over the winter, as is the split-terminal operation at LGW.

monkey lover
29th Jul 2008, 15:55
If you click on the airport in Iceland..FCO appears (also on the booking engine) looks like the gloves are off against a certain national airline ??

cougafer
29th Jul 2008, 16:17
LGW-FCO : 2x Daily
MXP-FCO : 4x Daily (3x at weekends)

Starts 3rd Nov.

kingston_toon
29th Jul 2008, 16:36
LGW - FCO appears to be an out-and-back job, but the MXP - FCO flights seem to cross with the FCO - MXP direction, suggesting something else is going to operate in / out of Rome to balance. Any ideas?

G-TTIC
29th Jul 2008, 17:40
Interesting choice, though I suppose easyJet currently fly to both MXP and LIN from LGW.

No doubt this will put extra pressure on BA, who do not have an early morning departure from LGW. On the other hand, they have an aircraft nightstopping at FCO which operates a very early flight into LGW.

boyo975
29th Jul 2008, 17:52
FCO-the next base?? That would get over the problem of competing with an early BA FCO departure.

MUFC_fan
29th Jul 2008, 18:01
I think FCO would be the next port of call.

CIA is full and they can make three strokes with one move:

1. Compete better than BA on the LGW route
2. Stick it to Alitalia where it hurts
3. Grow in the Rome district

Hopefully U2 will be able to expand in Italy and we may finally see to the end of Alitalia. Personally, I hope that Alitalia disappear and Air One are able to step in but that is very unlikely!

airhumberside
29th Jul 2008, 18:11
On the other hand leaving CIA would mean spare slots that could be off use to FR...

easydan319
29th Jul 2008, 18:19
Just looked on the website and LGW-CIA is no longer on sale after 2nd November. LGW-FCO starts on 3rd November. Maybe just switching airports to gain more slots and expand?

The MXP-FCO times look like a nightstopping MXP aircraft and crew, or potentially a new base? Its not unusual for EZY crew to nightstop - LGW have nightstops in BFS and MXP, ORY have nightstops in NCE and the CDG + LYS bases have no permanent flight deck based at all, only local cabin crew.

G-TTIC
29th Jul 2008, 18:58
Just looking at the MXPFCO timings in a bit more detail.

Arrivals into FCO:

Departures from FCO:

So, from what I can see, the 2200 aircraft nightstops and operates the 0745 departure the next day.

The 0910 arrival operates the 1000 departure.

The 1815 arrival operates the 1855 departure.

Now, the question, the 1415 arrival, by process of elimination, presumably operates the 1600 departure, though 1h45 seems a long time to be on the ground? I assume this is a crew change, but is unusually long. Slots?

Jippie
29th Jul 2008, 19:01
MDS, It's quite common for Easyjet. They put a new destination on the top left corner of the route map. After that(a few days later) they move the dot to the right location on the map.

cesare.caldi
29th Jul 2008, 21:18
The arrival of Easyjet at FCO for me is a first step to move later all Rome operations from CIA to FCO and in future a possible new italian base at FCO.

ReallyAnnoyed
30th Jul 2008, 08:50
Well, I hope you're right, Cesare Caldi, because Ciampino is a lousy airport. The only bloody place I've ever heard of where you have to call the handling agent 20 min before you land and get your parking stand. No ATIS either and there are performance limits on the south east runway, so bring on FCO :ok:

Seljuk22
30th Jul 2008, 09:12
BTW new routes: CDG-CMN 7/7 and CDG-TNG 4/7! Start 27th and 28th October.

Is MXP-HEL a new route? Why is it on the route map but you can't book it? I thought only ARN and CPH are new destinations?

JulietNovemberPapa
30th Jul 2008, 13:08
Excellent news about FCO.

Pleased to see that CDG gets CMN and TNG.

eu01
30th Jul 2008, 13:18
Is MXP-HEL a new route?
You mean this "upper left corner" destination? It's not Helsinki, it's meant to be FCO :ouch:

Seljuk22
30th Jul 2008, 13:26
Yes, you're right. I clicked above Tallin and then the two routes apear and I thougt it is Helsinki.

VanBosh
30th Jul 2008, 14:05
Fair play to EasyJet, MXP to FCO will be a huge success, much more than FR's BGY - CIa. I wonder how that does for Ryanair?

I have been really impressed with EZY of late, their calculated approach to route selection is impressive. A very good product they offer too, central airports are the key obviously for bus pax, hope they continue to do well.

Seljuk22
30th Jul 2008, 14:28
Yes, City-Airports are the key for the success. Tomorrow there is a press conference with MOL in Bologna which could be a new FR-Base. After that he talks again in Milan. Maybe also new routes? But I think MXP and I hope in the future FCO are more important and EZY is doing a better job when they use this airports. Hope that LIS, BRU or AMS could be Bases, too.

Buster the Bear
30th Jul 2008, 16:16
Big cull of jobs within easyLand today in an effort to cut costs.

londoneasyjetboi
30th Jul 2008, 17:36
Good, hopefully we remove some useless management levels that we have at the moment!

Buster the Bear
30th Jul 2008, 19:08
I was told 6 out of 10 directors, but that might just be rumour?

ericlday
30th Jul 2008, 19:59
Written by News Desk
Wednesday, 30 July 2008

Despite cutting winter flights from London Stansted to Almeria and Valencia, easyJet says it has no plans for redundancies at the airport
Luton based airline easyJet is scrapping flights from Stansted to Spanish destinations Almeria and Valencia this winter and transferring these services to Gatwick as part of a cost-cutting process.
But it says it has no current plans for redundancies at Stansted.

Unlike low fares rival Ryanair, which cut back on winter services at Stansted with a tirade against airport owner BAA, easyJet has taken the broader view of tough conditions in the aviation industry and cut back gracefully.

The Spanish routes represent 12 per cent of easyJet’s Stansted capacity. The axe continues to hover over easyJet’s Dortmund base.

A spokesman for the airline said: “Overall, capacity growth for the winter has been reduced and is currently planned to be in the region of 4 -6 per cent. Flying at less profitable times has been thinned and easyJet will reallocate capacity from weaker performing bases towards higher value opportunities including Gatwick, France and Italy.

“In the current environment flexibility is vital and we continue to review our schedule and make further adjustments.”

Stone Cold II
30th Jul 2008, 20:26
Nothing in my email box to say easyJet is getting rid of any directors, nothing in the p-mail either and nothing mention on easyJet's intranet.

Got a link for the said rumour?

parky747
31st Jul 2008, 06:26
Perhaps EZY should rethink there north west ops too. Scale down LPL and move flights to MAN, am sure they would get better revenue?

Seat62K
31st Jul 2008, 06:28
I'm not surprised that easyJet is suspending flights from Stansted to Valencia. When planning to travel on this route I would always compare easyJet's prices with those of Ryanair and there was invariably a considerable difference. I used to wonder who exactly would choose to fly easyJet and imagined that they might simply be unaware of the Ryanair alternative.
As far as LGW-VLC is concerned, easyJet should do well; despite BA commencing flights on this route, easyJet will, I expect, offer better fares.

MUFC_fan
31st Jul 2008, 07:23
U2 will probably offer a better fare (depends on what time you book) but BA will offer a far superior service inc. air miles, transfers etc.

Seljuk22
31st Jul 2008, 07:37
The GB Airways merger shows the way EZY will go: to LGW. I don't know how many slots EZY have at LGW right now but it is the biggest base and it's continue to grow. MAN is also interesting because Ryanair also operating more and more in the last time from Manchester.

one post only!
31st Jul 2008, 08:47
Stone cold II, you may have already looked but if not, the email sent to M&A has been copied on the easyJet forum. Interesting times.....

Stone Cold II
31st Jul 2008, 08:49
Cheers mate will have a look :ok:

JulietNovemberPapa
1st Aug 2008, 12:07
Just booked our JER trip (LTN-JER-LTN) for the 22nd Nov out, 23rd Nov back - for a brilliantly inexpensive £32.45 return each including taxes and card fee. JER-LTN was just £9.99 each including taxes.

ian_h1
1st Aug 2008, 18:47
Agree Parky747 MAN is crying out for U2 but the current climate and the deal LPL made them sign to even start ops at MAN may mean we never see U2 in any great scale.

I would have thought BE would have been all over MAN like a rash really mopping especially cities and biz destinations (like AMS MAD, and BCN) this would fit in well with their model and give us back most of the routes BACX used to operate but within a more cost effective business model.

It surprises me how much Baby, Flybe and now FR fawn over BHX when there is so much competition there yet MAN is left with a smattering of routes from each operator.

Ph1l1pncl
1st Aug 2008, 19:09
As far as LGW-VLC is concerned, easyJet should do well; despite BA commencing flights on this route, easyJet will, I expect, offer better fares.

Well that doesnt matter anymore as British Airways has announced that it is not starting its Valenica and Porto routes from Gatwick due to the difficult trading conditions so easyjet as far as i know will be the only operator on the routes. So i suppose the prices now maybe higher as they wont need to have competitive prices with BA.

MUFC_fan
5th Aug 2008, 22:25
If LHR is to build a third runway, and the airport have mixed operations on all three (which I am assuming will happen), will there be excess slots?

If so, could U2 venture into the world's busiest international airport? They serve many of Europe's biggest airports including AMS, CDG, MAD, ZRH, LGW, MAN etc. so could they not fit any flights into LHR? They would be able to clean up and it BA where it really hurts on short haul. They are giving them a hard time at LGW but if they were to get into BA's current safe haven would they be able to set the cat amongst the pigeons?

It would be a great achievement if they were able to do that but I would not put them as the first major LCC to enter the airport: Air Berlin and Air One look more likely due to their more expansive services. I wouldn't put them as the last airline to fly into the airport either! I think FR would hold that prize proudly.

Skipness One Echo
6th Aug 2008, 08:28
To see easyJet at Heathrow is to miss the point of low cost flying. They struggle as it is at Gatwick.

MUFC_fan
6th Aug 2008, 08:34
Clickair offer flights to Heathrow at LCC prices.

Also, I find it hard to understand that they struggle at LGW. When at Gatwick and you look across the apron, it's like EK at DXB, BA at LHR, LH at FRA, DL at ATL - except with U2 aircraft. Surely they can't be struggling at the airport less they would stop expanding from there!:ugh: