PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet - 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

ReallyAnnoyed
6th Aug 2008, 11:39
The company is definitely NOT struggling at LGW! The turn around times have been increased markedly, but it is still one of the most profitable bases. We would probably make more money out of Orly, but there is no way to get enough slots there. The entire reasoning behind buying GB was to get more slots at LGW.

Small, rural airports give huge discounts to attract airlines. The large, established airports do not, but that is because they already have a huge customer base ready to be tapped by the airlines.

Seat62K
6th Aug 2008, 11:44
The Clickair routes from Heathrow were transferred from parent Iberia much the same as a generation ago with Viva Air.

MUFC_fan
6th Aug 2008, 12:05
Yes, but I am saying that they are still able to offer LCC prices so why would it mean EZY would be "missing the point of the LCC model" if they served LHR?

It is just another airport and if there were excess slots when the third runway was built it would become just like AMS, CDG etc.

kingston_toon
7th Aug 2008, 12:57
Gatwick to Salzburg, launches December 13th, 3 x weekly.

:D

ReallyAnnoyed
7th Aug 2008, 18:25
easyJet passenger statistics for July 2008

Month ending ..July 2008 ..July 2007 ..Change
Passengers1 ....4,467,268 ..3,723,004 .....20.0%
Load Factor2 .........89.3% .......88.6% .....0.8pp

Rolling 12 month ending ..July 2008 ..July 2007 ..Change
Passengers1 ..................42,020,751 36,242,785 .....15.9%
Load Factor2 ........................83.5% .......83.9% ...(0.4)pp

BigBoeing
8th Aug 2008, 17:35
I flew with Easyjet from Crete last night and was just wondering how crews etc were finding the takeover? Coming from a seasoned easy traveller, although the headrests said easyjet and the uniforms were orange, the whole experience still felt like a totally different airline...and when are they going to finish painting the a/c?

Airbourne-Adamski
13th Aug 2008, 19:40
Got to love this........

THE WORLD AIRLINE AWARDS™ (http://www.worldairlineawards.com/)

BEST LOW-COST AIRLINES : WORLDWIDE

1) easyjet
2) Virgin Blue
3) Jetstar
4) Air Berlin
5) Southwest Airlines

BEST lOW-COST AIRLINE : EUROPE

easyjet

BEST CABIN CREW : WESTERN EUROPE

1) VLM
2) easyjet
3) BA

Not bad for us, lets hope the marketing Dept jump on this.

HEisLEGEND
13th Aug 2008, 22:07
tres bien easyjet!

Bat Fastard
14th Aug 2008, 11:10
BigBoeing,

Interested at your observations on the Crete flight.

Would you mind expanding on them a little? ie better, worse, more/less relaxed. Just curious as I only see the one side of the two subfleets.

Thanks anyway.

Airbourne-Adamski
20th Aug 2008, 08:46
EasyJet has implemented its plans to convert some A319 orders to A320s, switching 25 over to the larger variant, according to Airbus's latest July sales figures.

The UK budget carrier, which until now had only ever ordered the A319, outlined plans earlier this year to switch over to the A320. The move has now been confirmed by Airbus, with EasyJet's backlog of 110 A320 family aircraft comprising 85 A319s and 25 A320s, plus options on a further 88.

When EasyJet acquired former GB Airways, it acquired nine A320s and six A321s, but these are being disposed of due to their non-standard configuration.
, switching 25 over to the larger variant, according to Airbus's latest July sales figures.

The UK budget carrier, which until now had only ever ordered the A319, outlined plans earlier this year to switch over to the A320. The move has now been confirmed by Airbus, with EasyJet's backlog of 110 A320 family aircraft comprising 85 A319s and 25 A320s, plus options on a further 88.

When EasyJet acquired former GB Airways, it acquired nine A320s and six A321s, but these are being disposed of due to their non-standard configuration.

eu01
1st Sep 2008, 18:47
Easyjet has announced it is to reduce the fees it levies on bookings made through the global distribution systems (GDSs) to £3.30 (€4) per sector. Previously, the airline added fees of up to £5 (€7.50) per sector on bookings made this way. The airline said it would also levy the same fee on bookings made through its Application Programming Interface (API) channel. A number of travel management companies have direct connects to Easyjet’s fares through API which are then displayed in their own booking environment.

Jerry Dunn, Easyjet’s distribution development manager, said: "In contrast to the recent action taken by Ryanair to cancel bookings made by travel agencies through screen scraping, Easyjet is providing an alternative legitimate booking channel for business travel agencies, while maintaining a firm stance against unlicensed screen scraping. Most screen scraping systems are voluntarily switching off screen scraping to move to the API, while any that refuse to do so will face legal and technical action against them."

The reduction in fees came after many in the business travel industry refused to book through the GDS, arguing that the fees were too high.

The airline had consulted this issue with the Institute of Travel Management that is applauding the consultations, but hopes to have POS fees removed entirely.

Abridged from Business Travel World (http://www.businesstravelworld.com/page.cfm/action=Archive/ArchiveID=6/EntryID=1090).

diesel36
3rd Sep 2008, 09:44
New route from Gatwick to Istanbul starts 12 dec

Charlie Roy
3rd Sep 2008, 15:46
Also: Lyon to Bastia (Corsica)

Airbourne-Adamski
3rd Sep 2008, 17:07
Rumours flying around all over of a 'Supposed' Big announcement that will be made next Tuesday 9th.

No further news on it though

diesel36
3rd Sep 2008, 17:10
Airbourne its probably buying excel for the slots at gatwick

Then that airport will be more orange than ever..lol

Hope your enjoying the airbus...

Husky One
3rd Sep 2008, 18:06
I would doubt Excel would be bought unless one of the AMB is looking change of a fiver.

flyer55
3rd Sep 2008, 20:17
Dont think monoplies commission would allow it as they have already taken over GB Airways !

ghost_rider20
3rd Sep 2008, 21:31
First things first DO NOT take this as gospel.

I have heard through a very good source that EJ are announcing something very important next tuesday the 9th of September.

Easyjet have already decided all their temporary workers will have to go from the London STN base, they all have about 1 month left.

They plan to get rid of 3 of their A319's over the winter as they cut out some of the routes they fly. I'm not 100% if these a/c are set to go to different bases or be sold, or even put in hangars!

Also as it stands at the moment EJ at STN are making no profit from the seats on flight's whatsoever, it's all revenue! So, I think now more than ever with the current economic climate in the sorry state it's in, EJ are really feeling the pinch at STN (this probably applies to the company as a whole and other airlines for that matter). With Luton not being a million miles away from Stansted though, I wonder whether they will maybe merge the bases. It also cost's the company a considerable amount of money to pay BAA, to have a base there. They could save an awful lot of money if they were to merge the bases? I also know some of EJ's bases oversea's HAVE or are in the process of merging bases!!

I also heard on Sky news the other day from a British transport minister that before Febuary next year we will see the collapse of aprox 25 airlines worldwide! Due to the always increasing fuel prices and the competition within the market of budget/low cost airlines worldwide, and various other factors will contribute to this aswel!

I will say again for clarity this is NOT gospel, so please don't treat it that way!

Some food for thought though...

NSC
3rd Sep 2008, 21:37
your point is?? I will go bankrupt in two months. who gives a flying ****, you start business you win or lose, as for now they are still in the game. Read other threads concerning busted airlines. now please let me sleep.

manrow
3rd Sep 2008, 21:39
So that means please ignore this postbbb until the official Ryanair announcement on Tuesday 9th September!

Husky One
3rd Sep 2008, 21:43
The temporary workers are going just about everywhere. Routes are being cut across the network..just like every other airline. Merging bases can't be inforced..ask the CAA on that one. In the climate there will be a few applecarts upset but I think you've been watching too many Bruce Willis movies :eek:

ghost_rider20
3rd Sep 2008, 21:46
I was stating what I have been told! I was talking about 'moving the EJ base out of STN, NOT the closure of EJ altogether', 'if' you had of read the post! Perhaps you should go back to sleep then and stop posting comments which are less irrelevant than my post!

It is the Easyjet base at STN i was talking about, not Ryanair :ok:

ghost_rider20
3rd Sep 2008, 21:49
Husky One.

Why can't the merging of bases be inforced, do you know?

Thanks

Lee

RED WINGS
3rd Sep 2008, 21:53
Hmm same day Flybe are due to make a big announcement!

Looks like with the swapping of management Easy could be losing its Orange colouring for a light blue belly :}

fyrefli
3rd Sep 2008, 21:57
Why can't the merging of bases be inforced, do you know?

Because there's no such word? ;)

Heavens above, if you're going to post unsubstantiated rumour, at least try and maintain some veneer of literacy/credibility.

ghost_rider20
3rd Sep 2008, 22:09
As taken from google: Merging

-The act of joining together as one; "the merging of the two groups occurred quickly"; "there was no meeting of minds" -

Perhaps you mis-read or misunderstood what I was trying to find out.

When you said there is no such word? Which word were you refering too? Since you seem to have a dictionary to hand...

I was asking a question.

:8

NSC
3rd Sep 2008, 22:11
hey bubba, i read your post and i know what im tooking aboot.
Closing stansted is like closing your kitchen, you still get money from the bar but the steaks ain't comming, btw, where did you read that I was tooking boot ryanair? fact is that in british aviation there will be a cleansing, like it or not. and after that continental europe will go whoopdiwhoop. No hard feelings chum

brgds

NSC

ghost_rider20
3rd Sep 2008, 22:17
NSC

Thats fine :)

I don't believe it was you who said it was Ryanair, it was another member.

I see exactly where you are coming with the 'Kitchen' example ;)

Kindest regards

Lee

Golf Charlie Charlie
3rd Sep 2008, 22:49
""Due to the always increasing fuel prices...""

Have you seen the price lately ?

SpamCanDriver
3rd Sep 2008, 22:53
Yeah it is slowly coming down but still well above prices a year ago, and now airlines fuel hedging might be coming to end further adding to the pain!

kooyheier
3rd Sep 2008, 23:10
Plus with the current Dollar rate going down... it's not making as much difference as it could do!!

ROSCO328
3rd Sep 2008, 23:24
GR

I have read some gash in my days but this is utter s:mad:. Please stop talking about a company which you abviously know nothing about:=:=

clicker
4th Sep 2008, 01:45
As for temporary workers going, well thats why they are temporary.

In my days it was around Oct they went due to winter skeds kicking in etc, I presume it's the same now?

Wigster
4th Sep 2008, 08:27
Dont worry about EZY, they are financially strong and the big announcement is that they are buying the world...hahahahahahahahah (cue insane hysterical laughter). :}

one post only!
4th Sep 2008, 09:33
Codeshare with Flybe?? Doubt we would buy them out as don't we need cash reserves to weather coming storm?

Also heard the same rumour about STN but apparently its part of the big negotiation game and trying to scare BAA!! Rumour, smoke, mirrors, "will they pull out", "won't they", "should we drop our fees or will they stay anyway"?!?!?!?

air2bob
4th Sep 2008, 12:13
I have also heard this "rumour" from the lgw based crew's. This not a new rumour along with the rumoured duel base gla/edi and possible closure of ema these are just being brought up and talked about with all the doom and gloom in the industry at the moment!. Nothing new time will tell if there is any truth in any of it!

toledoashley
4th Sep 2008, 12:39
Would it be possible for EZY to buy BA's stake in BE? Is there a time clause set on when BA can sell?

Cannot see EZY moving from LTN or LGW, move CPH/PRG/BIO to LTN and then close STN.

Transfer to BE hub in BHX (close EMA) and use a mix of EZY and BE aircraft to operate routes (BE - Very Short Haul and Domestic and EZY longer routes ie VCE/AGP/PMI).

Would fit together really well - if not a slightly unusual mix (both agent friendy and business customer friendly)

Airbourne-Adamski
4th Sep 2008, 14:38
Just seen something strange on Flybe's Thread that they are set to make an announcement on......... wait for it Next Tues 9th.

Dont you love rumour sites :\

one post only!
4th Sep 2008, 14:39
Codeshare?????

Yak97
4th Sep 2008, 15:31
Cud it be Easybe or (wait for it) Flyjet!!!!!!!!

p7lot
4th Sep 2008, 16:14
Well I heard the temps were going to be enlisted to build a THIRD runway.
Probably at night and without high vis jackets....(runs away laughing at this nonsense)
Someone else take control while I do radios............

rebellion
4th Sep 2008, 16:18
STN isn't being closed. The aircraft numbers are being reduced in Oct/Nov and this temp crew are being released. The full complement of aircraft will return to STN by DEC.

So whats the next rumour?? :\

BFS101
4th Sep 2008, 16:20
Jet2 share price up on speculation of takeover rumour...
So maybe Easy2 or JetJet... lol

nt639
4th Sep 2008, 16:53
Heard a rumour Channel Airways are starting up at Stansted again using the Trident which is currently "stored" at Duxford, also they have contracted to use the Vulcan as a crew hack:O

Husky One
4th Sep 2008, 18:10
Rebellion you just put STN and DEC in an Easyjet thread..
You know where that'll go..arrrgh Direct entry captains!!!! at STN!!! :\

pee
5th Sep 2008, 07:22
EasyJet said today that it carried 4.6 million passengers in August, a rise of 23.7% from the same point a year ago. Load factor rose to 91.3%, from 87.4% last year.

Seljuk22
5th Sep 2008, 07:28
Is this rumour about EZY only a rumour about UK (closing STN or EMA, mergers with jet2, Excel...) or could it be a new base (maybe FCO), too?

You want rumour: EZY buy STN ;) :ugh:And FR :{

befree
5th Sep 2008, 09:50
BAA could close STN and make it an Eco-city. Just look at the land value and transport links. The local councils are likley to give it planning permission in return for a massive bribe of section 106 cash (maybe £10m for a new town hall). BAA would make a packet and increase the value of gatwick which they would sell. BAA would then be left with LHR which would be a lot more profitable. It would also allow BAA to get back at Ryanair. Even Easyjet could do well out of the change as Luton fares could rise. To make airline profitable the industry need to take out excess capacity.

flyer55
5th Sep 2008, 12:22
Yeah load increase but that includes GB Airways this yr which didnt last year !

TartinTon
5th Sep 2008, 14:53
flyer55 what's your point?

They filled a higher capacity more effectively (in terms of volume) than GB did last year. Whether they did that at the expense of yield is something they don't say.

flyer55
5th Sep 2008, 21:17
My point is that the load factor has increased through routes and extra revenue from gb ! Alot of GB airways flights out of LGW have an excellent catchem !
Their is no word of GB in easyjet or bbc announcements regarding this !

Husky One
5th Sep 2008, 23:44
why would there be? GB is an ex-airline. Fond memories for some, nothing more.

Ametyst1
6th Sep 2008, 07:30
Not all passengers who were booked on GB Airways at the time of the easyJet takeover were transferred on to easy flights some were placed on BA flights which were introduced from Gatwick to Alicante, Faro, Gibraltar, Ibiza, Palma and Paphos

one post only!
6th Sep 2008, 07:42
The load factor is up, that is fleet wide. Orginal EZY and new EZY!! Therefore its not totally growth from new EZY. Original EZY has obviously squeezed a few more in.

akindofmagic
6th Sep 2008, 11:38
Hi all. Was just wondering if anyone knew whether there was any truth to the rumour that NCL was switching to the 'bus from Summer '09.

Cheers.

Captain_Caveman
6th Sep 2008, 15:36
Akindofmagic...

No LTN has just started conversion in the last few days. NCL will not be in 2008, but probably start towards the latter half of 2009. NCL and BFS are the last 2 bases to convert.

compton3bravo
6th Sep 2008, 17:06
I see that the "new" Gatwick-Istanbul service is actually not new at all as it is being transferred from Luton. It has been getting excellent loads so it will be interesting to see what they replace it with at Luton if anything at all.

Powerjet1
6th Sep 2008, 18:20
Who says it is being transferred from LTN. Luton-Istanbul is still bookable daily up to the end of Mar 09, so the route is being served from both airports, north & south of the capital. Unless of course, you know something different.

Craggenmore
7th Sep 2008, 01:00
9 Sept 2008. What's the beef? EZY, Flybe and BAA/LGW mentioned in the same breath......... apparently it's..."Going to change the face of EasyJet".....

To change the face of easyJet can only mean a few things.

Joining a consortium to buy LGW?

Longhaul from LHR using ex GB slots?

Something with Ethiad (a long running part time winter/summer rumour.) Last week Ethiad was advertising for 100+ Airbus pilots. this week they don't. :suspect:

Probably nothing as usual though :{

KNT544
7th Sep 2008, 02:30
I heard something today in work but it was just so ridiculous I ignored it no doubt to my peril.

AltFlaps
7th Sep 2008, 06:21
What are we talking about here chaps ?

BitMoreRightRudder
7th Sep 2008, 09:09
FLYEZYBE?? :eek:

737Jock
7th Sep 2008, 09:11
FLYtobeEZY

or EZYtoFLY

AppleMacster
7th Sep 2008, 09:13
Surely, ezyBezy?

AppleMacster

Flightrider
7th Sep 2008, 10:19
Joint carve-up of the remainder of BA's Gatwick operation between easyJet and Flybe?

Coffee Black None
7th Sep 2008, 10:55
Closure of EDI and GLA.

airhumberside
7th Sep 2008, 11:49
Longhaul from LHR using ex GB slots?
Bland Group sold these slots separately to the EZY deal for the rest of GB

Flyit Pointit Sortit
7th Sep 2008, 13:25
16 LHS and 10 RHS from NCL pencilled in for Bus courses this Dec:ok:

Skipness One Echo
7th Sep 2008, 13:26
The important thing is to speculate wildly with the coherence of a crackhead on the up. Tis our way.

Maude Charlee
7th Sep 2008, 13:57
Makes you wonder if any 'announcement' has anything to do with the departure of Flybe's DFO to a new 'secret' job at EZY, something which was announced months ago. Rumours (yet to be confirmed) are that another high level Flybe board member is also departing to pastures orange.

Hmmmm..............:hmm:

Toastal
7th Sep 2008, 14:26
KNT544, care to share with us what you heard at the office aujourd'hui? and coffee without white stuff, what do ya mean the closure of Gla/Edi, they're both very productive bases for Ezy and Be!!!

T:suspect:

akindofmagic
7th Sep 2008, 14:27
That is good news. I don't suppose anyone has any idea on the likely wait for a transfer to NCL from LGW, assuming I got my name on the list upon joining in October?

Toastal
7th Sep 2008, 14:29
By the way, it's gonna be 'Easyprop'!!!

T:suspect:

Husky One
7th Sep 2008, 14:57
Flyit is that no old news? Heard all that had been scrapped last month.

Ezy.Pilot
7th Sep 2008, 15:22
Laughing knife Cor V. wants bigger, fewer bases, prefers that the pilot community nightstop more and can't wait to close the smaller bases. EMA seems to have dodged the bullet this time according to galley FM.

EZY probably would have liked for the oil price to stay up there for a while, it would have knocked out a competitor or two and it would have given them the chance to force the introduction of random rostering upon us, close even more smaller bases, scrap the pay-deal, etc.

They probably want to move a couple more airframes to the € side of the channel, with the pound at its current low.

Soooo, LGW and FlyBe bought and rebranded as EZY regional? Hmmmmm. Would take an awful big bag of money. Perhaps they want to pull out of LTN and STN and concentrate the traffic in LGW but a buy out?

Charley B
7th Sep 2008, 16:43
or Orange Jersey maybe:)

Finman
7th Sep 2008, 17:16
Should call themselves Slowzy Jet for the stupid speeds they fly to 'save fuel'.

Getoutofmygalley
7th Sep 2008, 17:55
That is good news. I don't suppose anyone has any idea on the likely wait for a transfer to NCL from LGW, assuming I got my name on the list upon joining in October?

I was under the impression that all base transfers were on hold whilst the DTM situation was still all up in the air!

one post only!
7th Sep 2008, 18:02
Might seem like stupid speeds to you but if they keep us in the black and in a position to even be able to talk (rumour wise) about buying other airlines/airports etc they don't seem that stupid to me!!!

Irritatingly slow but economically viable! Maybe that could be the new company tag line!!! :ok:

autobrake3
7th Sep 2008, 20:57
Ryanair website is currently advertising flights for a fiver to 'celebrate our competitors closing'. Click on it and it highlights all the Stansted flights. A bit worrying.

flyingfrog
7th Sep 2008, 21:10
Autobrake - It's a shame you didn't click further on the Ryan site, straw clutching or rumour making, full story and it's nothing to do with easy!!! := "Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, today (4th September 2008) marks the recent closure of high fare airlines such as Zoom and Alitalia by intensifying its campaign against high airfares as it released 3 MILLION seats for travel in October and November from just €5 one way (incl taxes and charges)."

kooyheier
7th Sep 2008, 22:38
heard through the grapevine that all the ex-GB pilots still haven't signed a contract yet... and that the announcement has something to do with that... Not starting rumour.. just wondering if there's any truth in that...

Craggenmore
7th Sep 2008, 23:18
flyingfrog,

WTF are you talking about Ryanair?

Im talking about my airline and am asking if anyone knows what the announcement is going to be about.

Throat
8th Sep 2008, 06:39
Craggenmore, Suggest you read the thread, flyingfrog was replying to autobrake3.

Flyit Pointit Sortit
8th Sep 2008, 08:19
6 captains from NCL on course first week in Dec, followed by another 10 of each seat. (It's still rostered for them as TBN for DEC, JAN and FEB)
2 airbuses to be based in NCL over winter crewed by pilots from other bases until the NCL pilots go on line.

Plan is then to go back down to 1 bus for the summer, with some pilots going back onto the Boeing once they have the neccessary bus experience until the whole base converts.

course - that was the plan as of 0900 this morning and as we saw with the command assessment debarcle recently, sims were cancelled the day before they were due, so it is only once it has happened that we will know for certain!!

Groundloop
8th Sep 2008, 08:51
Could I make a suggestion?

Instead of all this garbage why not wait for the announcement.

There is so much rubbish here eg there are no LHR slots for Ezy (they have all been sold) and not all ex-GB pilots have not signed new contracts.

Evanelpus
8th Sep 2008, 09:30
But then - what would be the point of this forum? It's a RUMOUR network.

Suggestion - perhaps you don't read these posts. If it is garbage, why waste your time on it?

Here, here. That's what this section is called, Rumours and News, this falls in the former.

Maybe Groundloops had a bad day.

Groundloop
8th Sep 2008, 09:47
Except, it's not in "Rumours and News", is it?

Coffin Corner
8th Sep 2008, 10:00
Funny that Groundloop, I thought PPRuNe stood for Professional Pilots Rumour Network :=

spicejetter

Conspiracy theories are really out now aren't they.
I have to say I don't believe that EZY are about to swallow Flybe. All I know is that we are going to announce our ¼ year financial results "in the first 2 weeks of Sept", so I am assuming it is this.

However :} whilst we are on the subject of mergers etc etc then looking at the facts, a very senior BE guy is off to EZY as I type, I heard a rumour that EZY are looking at the Q400, and it's strange how the announcements of both companies are on the same day.

Comments, conspiracies, thoughts, rumours etc are all welcome :ok:

Evanelpus
8th Sep 2008, 10:05
Except, it's not in "Rumours and News", is it?

You got me there Groundloop, was thinking elsewhere.

Either way, the name of the site is a bit of a clue as to what the topics may contain. Still can't understand why you got your nickers in a knot.

Have a good one.

Coffin Corner
8th Sep 2008, 10:37
No spicejetter, it's BE who are announcing their ¼ profits, not EZY, and nothing is coming out of BE to say it's a "big" announcement

kriskross
8th Sep 2008, 11:59
I thought we were trying to SAVE money!!!!!

Craggenmore
8th Sep 2008, 12:05
Groundloop - This was originally posted in rumour and news and it was moved here.

Throat - flyingfrog has now edited his post to say Autobrake and not me.

Heard today via a CAA pilot that's it's some sort of merger...

But merging with Flybe will hardly change the face of easyJet. Its still shorthaul around Europe and back home each night...!

janus627
8th Sep 2008, 12:15
quite simple,
they buy ZOOM and do longhaul to Canada :8

Just Browsing
8th Sep 2008, 12:24
As someone said above, buying another company may not 'change the face of easyJet', besides, I would like to think the company would save its cash reserves given that they are repeatedly warning about difficult times and challenging trading condions. Shelling out to take on another airline may not be the right use of aforementioned cash reserves at the moment.

A change in direction (as as result of a buyout/merger) is possible, but perhaps not with FlyBe. The company doesn't show too much interest in the UK regional market, prefering instead mainland Europe opportunities.

Stelios is challenging easyJet's revenue generating policies, and is unhappy with its use of his easy brand name. The two parties are at loggerheads and if he wins his impending court case easyJet will have their revenue raising opportunities severely restricted. This will jeapordise the business model (Financial Times) and so a move away from the easy brand could be a way forward (or the only way forward!).

In any case, it's fun speculating; that's what we're here for!

JB

Airlink Scotland
8th Sep 2008, 14:30
Someone mentioned the announcement of flybe profits, that was made today 8th Sept 08.

virginblue
8th Sep 2008, 16:18
How about something as trivial as getting a dedicated terminal area at LGW, now that the BA retreat leaves some space for re-shuffling and/or re-modeling? Maybe accompanied with the announcement of a major expansion at LGW by re-positioning some STN flights and/or the introduction of through-booking just as Flybe already offers?

Sanjo
8th Sep 2008, 16:22
and what if there is no announcement???

now that would be quite embarrassing for some!!

orangetree
8th Sep 2008, 16:39
The company is rebranding and restructuring. The aim is to create a low cost alternative to legacy low cost carriers. Customers will pay nothing for their flights but instead pay to get off at their destination under the tested theme that most customers would pay great deal more to get off a low cost plane than they would to get on it.
Crews will pay to work per sector, split evenly between the Company and HMRC. Leave will be issued under the working time directive (of Somalia). While the aircraft is on stand it will be commanded exclusively by the traffic agent, who must be under 21 and have attitude. All flying will be rostered as per CAA CAP371.5 which states that all flying must follow the rules..unless it doesn't suit the Company. Recruitment and selection tests involve a large drill, an oil barrel and a small hedge(privet)..not sure of the details. The new name will be EasyJet Express. or perhaps Ryanjet Lite :ok:

Jet22
8th Sep 2008, 17:31
^^HAHA like it.

Could we just be looking to deep into it, and infact they are going to order some Airbus A320'S/21'S?

Taiguin
8th Sep 2008, 17:51
orangetree...

:}:}I'm loving your sense of humour!!:}:}

Keep it up!!

Seat62K
8th Sep 2008, 18:30
Re-branding as Go wouldn't be a bad idea in my view:}.

G-STAW
8th Sep 2008, 18:47
my bets on a A320 order, or at least converting some of their A319's to A320's??

RED WINGS
8th Sep 2008, 18:53
Orange Tree, Love it! Im sure that will be the new scheduling agreement within a few years!

As for Flybe they announced record profits! Also known to be looking to aquire more network through aquasition! And before everyone screams Flybe would never afford Easy with only £30M first 1/4! Anyone ever looked at how much money the Walker group has! Not exactly the smallest multibillion company in Europe is it!
Does Easy not have debts? Plus possibly about to loose its brand if Stelios gets his way? Lets face it he usualy does!
So it will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings, it may be nothing or the spray shop could be busy painting A319's! Think theres space now most of the Saabs have been repainted now! :}

Looking forward to the morning!!

Stone Cold II
8th Sep 2008, 18:53
Thought easyJet had already converted a lot of 319 orders to 320 orders as per a company email shortly after we took over GB.

New colour scheme would me nice keep getting headaches.

Agaricus bisporus
8th Sep 2008, 19:19
Plus possibly about to loose its brand

Redwing, I think EJ loosing (sic) a new brand on the unsuspecting public is exactly what people are expecting. Let's hope it is an improvement on the current second-rate backstreet take away pizza parlour image.

Rebranding as Go is the way forward, but only if Barbara is Boss!

But sadly, that would come under "not invented here", so no chance.

toledoashley
8th Sep 2008, 19:49
Go was actually very radical for its time, and is just what easyJet is trying to position itself as, what is now, a 'premium' businessman friendly low cost airline. Stelios is not happy with the level of non-avaition sales as it is detrimental to sales in his other ventures. If he sells his current shares and the retraction of the brand EZY need to find a new direction.

8th Sep 2008, 20:09
my bets on a A320 order, or at least converting some of their A319's to A320's??

That has already been done . .

I'm hoping it's not another buyout or link-up with another airline - I'm sure they know what they're doing . . my money's on a re-branding . . . !

Hudson Bay
8th Sep 2008, 20:16
Easyjet just announced a large reduction in capacity on it's Jersey - Luton route and Jersey - Liverpool route. Flights just been taken off it's web site.

More route cuts coming in the morning.

compton3bravo
8th Sep 2008, 20:40
I don´t know where you have been looking but the Jersey flights are still bookable for the winter and the timetable is still on the website.

toledoashley
8th Sep 2008, 20:41
Im not sure if this is part of route cuts already announced, but having a look through the online booking system, but LTNPSA has disappeared, LTNZRH has been reduced, LTNINV is now not daily.

Falcon666
8th Sep 2008, 21:35
Tend to agree with the last post.
Just looking at some routes from STN and LTN there are various reductions, mostly midweek.
Examples include STN-NCE,LTN-JER,LTN-INV.
Makes sense really given the climate.
Dont know if this will be the main announcement but they will probably throw it in anyway

HH6702
8th Sep 2008, 21:50
looks like flights from ncl have been reduced also

ALC and BCN not daily during nov/dec

RED WINGS
8th Sep 2008, 21:58
hmm NCL JER INV all flybe bases coincedence??

Dont worry "Pizza parlour" image out! Slightly redder orange uniform in, and blue bellied airbus ;)

If easy converted A319 production to A320/321 Slots why did they sell the GB 320s at bargin basement prices to monarch?? Stating 319 was easys model!

HH6702
8th Sep 2008, 22:08
Getting the A320 on cheaper lease than the GB ones???

ReallyAnnoyed
8th Sep 2008, 22:32
Red Wings, the ex-GB airbusses have the IAE engines while the 319s are all equipped with CFM engines. I get to pick up a few of the new planes from Finkenwerder and have it from the horse's mouth that we will be getting a number of A320s as written on PPJN by me.

kingston_toon
9th Sep 2008, 00:42
There are too many reductions to list... some are cut right to the end of the winter timetable while others are just throughout Nov, Dec and some of Jan. A few I picked up on...

LTN - ABZ down to one daily.
STN - Ljubljana reduced to 3x weekly for most of the winter
Various cuts on London - Glasgow / Edinburgh / Belfast from all bases
STN - CPH down to 2x daily for a bit (Jan?)
LGW - FCO down to 2x daily, but back to 3x by March
ALC / AGP / PMI reductions from just about everywhere
Some random cuts on LGW - GIB in Jan / Feb
Various other 1 day a week cuts here and there, and for different periods

Any others?

If this is what it takes to survive in the current climate though, then fair play to U2. They certainly aren't the first to streamline this winter and they won't be the last.

Hudson Bay
9th Sep 2008, 01:14
Lots of really cheesed off pax. Millions of tickets sold for these routes only for the company to cancel them at will.

I understand that companies have to do this to remain solvent but to do it without notice is close to criminal.

Looks like you chaps will not be doing much this winter.

6 Hours to go before the company tells the world what prune knows days before.

ali1986
9th Sep 2008, 01:22
Could it be someone new taking over?

In the fact that the 'face' of easyjet is changing.

Mr @ Spotty M
9th Sep 2008, 06:08
"RED WINGS" Easy did not sell any aircraft to Monarch, let alone A320s, they did not own them in the first place.
The a/c Monarch have taken or may take are A321s and the ones todate are owned l believe by GECAS.
As pointed out these a/c are built to a BA build spec and do not match Easyjets current fleet.
Hope this information is of help and backs up what "ReallyAnnoyed" posted.

Sanjo
9th Sep 2008, 07:19
6 Hours to go before the company tells the world what prune knows days before.

So what is it that the pprune knows? I havent seen anything solid in there yet... just a lot of speculation...

And I havent seen an announcement yet either... :O

hershey
9th Sep 2008, 08:36
Announcement to be made at 11am....

Seljuk22
9th Sep 2008, 08:50
Is it a press conference (starts at 11am) or can we see it at the homepage at 11am?

egnxema
9th Sep 2008, 08:53
With both flyBE amd easyJet being made up of large chucnks of ex-BA related airlines/franchises they could call the new airline BEA, back to BOAC (British Airways) doing the longhaul and BEA doing everything else. LGW will become the new Northolt (or maybe they could re-open Northolt to civil traffic) that would then lessen the need for LHR to have T6 - and everyone is happy (or not) :\:p

ncleflights
9th Sep 2008, 09:08
Is there actually going to be an announcement a major one, which would indeed be one if it was changing the face of airline, would surely have been picked up by a business journo somewhere. I can find no mention to any possible announcement on any business website.

I suspect this whole rumour may well be down to someone up to the normal mischief making.

9th Sep 2008, 09:13
Surely any major announcement would have to be made when the stock exchange was closed anyway?

Seljuk22
9th Sep 2008, 09:16
Shares go up over 5%!

toledoashley
9th Sep 2008, 09:18
Agree something is happening - good day for the shareholders!

9th Sep 2008, 09:22
The share price rise is probably just because of the drop in the price of oil. Most airlines are going up.

BA +4%
FR +6%
EI +2%

CaptJ
9th Sep 2008, 09:40
How about it is all just a game of brinksmanship in the ongoing dispute with Stelios over licensing?

StoneyBridge Radar
9th Sep 2008, 09:41
EasyJet2 ....is it a relaunch, is it a merger, is it a takeover...? :E

A319s made available from the winter reductions could replace EXS 73s, EXS 75s could operate across the pond, feeding into LGW for onward connections.

EasyJet2 could be the new name - a cheap way to change the face of the company. :}

Dart Group up over 45% in the last 10 days.

Time for my medication nurse :p

In the current climate, anything's possible :cool:

Topslide6
9th Sep 2008, 09:46
Are you sure you lot not confusing your apples and oranges...

Big and secret announcement (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Technology/Apple-Lets-Rock-Event-Steve-Jobs-Set-To-Make-iPod-Or-iTunes-Announcement-In-California-Today/Article/200809215095659?lpos=Technology_1&lid=ARTICLE_15095659_Apple%2BLet%2527s%2BRock%2BEvent%253A%2 BSteve%2BJobs%2BSet%2BTo%2BMake%2BiPod%2BOr%2BiTunes%2BAnnou ncement%2BIn%2BCalifornia%2BToday)

:ok:

wingman863
9th Sep 2008, 09:49
Are you sure you lot not confusing your apples and oranges...

Big and secret announcement

Excellent. I'm eagerly awaiting both.

Hudson Bay
9th Sep 2008, 09:53
easy jet shares now up 7 percent. 10 mins to go. The stage is set. More route cuts. The city likes route cuts.

FormerFlyer
9th Sep 2008, 10:07
This is hilarious - I honestly am PMSL. I've had to go and borrow a neighbour's tena-lady :p:p

Thankfully she'd wrung it out before handing it over :D

It's better than sitting Fern & Phil be as inappropriate as ever on ITV......almost.

cheers ;)
FF

fralim
9th Sep 2008, 10:10
The latest from H89: Announcement now at 12!!!

FormerFlyer
Oh come on - it's been a whole 2 minutes since anyone has posted anything on here - there must be another theory/scare story/rumour in the pipeline by now.................................

Kiwi red
Speculation is a wonderful thing!! You sure someone has not been spreading a rumour around and it's got out of hand, there's no announcement anywhere.....unless of course it's going to be later....

FormerFlyer
9th Sep 2008, 10:12
Is it possible that the rumour about the announcement is that there is to be a, now delayed, announcement there is no rumour?

ReallyAnnoyed
9th Sep 2008, 10:13
We have just received an email......... it tells us to start cleaning up our mail accounts as it takes up too much storage space :E

myairways
9th Sep 2008, 10:14
Where is the announcement going to be shown does anyone know? :confused:

Man Flex 37.5
9th Sep 2008, 10:15
The funny thing is that i got that email twice!:=

arfortune
9th Sep 2008, 10:18
Just did a Google news search - in flight entertainment?

EPICOS (http://www.epicos.com/epicos/portal/media-type/html/user/anon/page/default.psml/js_panename/News+Information+Article+View;jsessionid=8502C9359757CEFEC75 34C9E20C070C5.tomcat1?articleid=115985&showfull=false)

BitMoreRightRudder
9th Sep 2008, 10:21
I know what it is.

Not telling.

devon_guy
9th Sep 2008, 10:21
Blimey what an anti-climax if that's it!! Hardly worthy of all the hype.

Robert William
9th Sep 2008, 10:22
And is it worth all of this then?

crewcostundercontrol
9th Sep 2008, 10:23
I know what it is too, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :D:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:cool:

revo
9th Sep 2008, 10:25
Ok then for the people that "know" what this announcement is going to be, i guess the inflight entertainment isnt the announcement we are waiting for then??

FormerFlyer
9th Sep 2008, 10:26
I know what it is too, but I don't care :*

cheers ;)
FF

EZYA319
9th Sep 2008, 10:29
Well i've just heard from a very reliable source (a manager in my office) that there is NO announcment and that its all just rumours that have been blown out of all proportion!!!!

devon_guy
9th Sep 2008, 10:29
Isn't it easy to say you know what it is without substantiating your claim!

judge11
9th Sep 2008, 10:31
Lesson 1 of the airline management induction day - announce that an announcement is going to be made then announce that the announcement that was going to be made has been delayed pending a further annoncement. Easy:ok:

crewcostundercontrol
9th Sep 2008, 10:34
easyjet never say there is going to be a big story ahead of time. It gives the competion a head start on working out a counter response. Never had any leaks of any interest in 7 years with the company! Could be the one thing that they are good at.

revo
9th Sep 2008, 11:07
So are we sure there is no announcement then?

silverstreak
9th Sep 2008, 11:10
Would someone, PLEASE make an announcement, regarding an alleged announcement which is rumoured to be announced sometime soon.

Hudson Bay
9th Sep 2008, 11:10
ezy shares starting to slip. More data coming out on the economics of its business. The city is upbeat on the route reduction over the winter but noises are being heard about forward bookings and stronger competition. The city dislikes uncertainty and suspension of company announcements does nothing to quell fears. Next ezy statement at 2pm.

Kiwi red
9th Sep 2008, 11:11
I suspect not! Although never say never.........

Budfrey27
9th Sep 2008, 11:12
lol Silverstreak.......best one so far:ok:

greatoaks
9th Sep 2008, 11:21
thank the lord theres no announcment

i was worried that stelios had painted another ship orange :D

Sanjo
9th Sep 2008, 11:25
you guys make me laugh!! you get paid way too much to spend all day reading that rubbish and believing everything that people come up with...

it is a good thing that city analysts dont believe all that and are not expecting any announcement, as ezy share price change is no different to any other airline today...

toledoashley
9th Sep 2008, 11:47
What an anticlimax ...

bazzab68
9th Sep 2008, 11:58

JFK and are banning all other airlines and doing pleasure and sight seeing flights around New York. Next step in the expansion is LHR for pleasure flights around London..........:}:}:}:}

Barry

FormerFlyer
9th Sep 2008, 12:03
Have you seen this (http://www.easyjet.com/en/news/)?

Stone Cold II
9th Sep 2008, 12:28
I know what it is and will tell you all, it is...........................Single engine decents! A major cost reduction has been found on saving fuel, the company has decided that crews will shut down engine number 2 in the decent! Saving the company 9 trillion quid! :E

muckin fuddle
9th Sep 2008, 12:55
know what it is and will tell you all, it is...........................Single engine decents! A major cost reduction has been found on saving fuel, the company has decided that crews will shut down engine number 2 in the decent! Saving the company 9 trillion quid!

Thought they did that already by the noise those 319's make during approach............:}

FormerFlyer
9th Sep 2008, 14:27
Over in R&N someone's proposing that the rumour is that EZY are buying XLA........ :ugh:

cheers ;)
FF

easyboy
9th Sep 2008, 19:01
Please tell me this isn't true. :ugh::mad::ugh::mad:

orangetree
9th Sep 2008, 19:17
They were thinking about XL last year..around the same time as the GB plan. Can't see a sudden change of heart taking place.

pabely
10th Sep 2008, 08:14
I would have thought the only worth EZY would want from XLA would be the slots at LGW & MAN. The rest of it would be shut down. If XLA have run out of money, or close to it, as rumours are suggesting, then this could be worth it for them. It is hard enough to position aircraft into LGW to cover sick aircraft so they have to base spares which costs money.

pee
11th Sep 2008, 13:24
According to BBC, Easyjet will cut 60 posts at Luton.
The airline Easyjet has announced it is to shed up to 60 jobs.

The management and administration posts which are to be cut are all based at the company's headquarters at Luton Airport in Bedfordshire.

The firm said the airline industry was facing tough times caused by the high price of fuel.

A spokesman for the lower-cost airline insisted the company was still profitable but had to make cutbacks in order to remain competitive.

kick the tires
11th Sep 2008, 13:33
BBC are a bit slow, this was announced weeks ago by AH.

MDS
11th Sep 2008, 16:00
Rumor has it, today's EZY7042 between CDG and LPL stopped in STN.

Any information on that? :confused:

kick the tires
12th Sep 2008, 01:31
Just heard on BBC that XL have applied to go into administration.

21st Sep 2008, 18:23
When is the S09 timetable released?

londoneasyjetboi
21st Sep 2008, 19:21
S09 schedule will probably be published around late november/early december

simonwa
22nd Sep 2008, 17:41
Just read this on EZY website:
easyJet.com - easyJet adds October flights to Las Palmas, Dalaman and Arracife (http://www.easyjet.com/EN/News/cheap-flights-easyjet.html)

Since when is Arracife (I presume it means Arrecife) is in Tenerife? Last I saw, it was in Lanzarote!

eu01
23rd Sep 2008, 18:29
As reported,EasyJet could add new Italian routes at short notice in the event of the total collapse of Alitalia -- although it would expect to be awarded airport slots in return.We learn that it could commit around ten aircraft on routes such as Milan-Rome, Milan-Naples and Milan-Palermo. It would not wish, however, to buy Alitalia's vacant slots in the event of its collapse, "but would expect to be awarded them by the Italian government in return for a swift resumption of service".

daz211
23rd Sep 2008, 18:52
Hope the same will apply to Ryanair,
Today Ryanair have announced new Italian domestic routes.

Bubair
23rd Sep 2008, 20:03
EU01

I am very curious about the subject..........
Where did you read it?
Thanks

Icare9
23rd Sep 2008, 20:07
Bubair
Try Reuters: extract follows:-

A spokesman for the low-cost carrier told Reuters on Tuesday that it could commit around ten aircraft on routes such as Milan-Rome, Milan-Naples and Milan-Palermo.

"EasyJet is prepared, at very short notice, to move into routes the Italian government cares about most ... We could commit in the region of ten aircraft," the spokesman said.

Seljuk22
24th Sep 2008, 14:15
I think this routes will come for sure. It is not important if AZ go bust. FR announced new domestic routes in Italy, EZY did this at MXP in the past and they will do this in the future because Italy is a important market and they defeat each other and will defeat AZ. When AZ disappear then everything goes faster. Also a EZY base in FCO would be the next logical step (don't know if there are slots at the airports) because the airports (especially FCO as a AZ base) have to look at other possibilities beside AZ.

Charlie Roy
24th Sep 2008, 21:21
A spokesman for the low-cost carrier told Reuters on Tuesday that it could commit around ten aircraft on routes such as Milan-Rome, Milan-Naples and Milan-Palermo.

All well and good, but Air One (amongst others) are also waiting in the wings. Funnily the Rome to Milan route might see more services and more competition in the wake of Alitalia, and not turn out to be the cash cow that it's expected to be.

La Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno on the web (http://www.lagazzettadelmezzogiorno.it/GdM_economia_NOTIZIA_01.asp?IDNotizia=210913&IDCategoria=4)
Se Alitalia cessasse le operazioni, Air One interverrebbe immediatamente con voli aggiuntivi da e per Roma e Milano Linate. Per far fronte all’aumento di tratte, a quanto pare, la compagnia avrebbe già preso accordi con alcuni operatori charter dai quali noleggerebbe (con la formula del wet lease) fino a cinque aeromobili completi di equipaggi: in sostanza le compagnie charter sarebbero chiamate a rinforzare il network della compagnia.

flyzen
25th Sep 2008, 12:39
EZY will start 17 november a daily flight Paris Orly/Budapest, operated 2two years ago by SkyEurope

ReallyAnnoyed
6th Oct 2008, 23:14
Below are the easyJet passenger statistics for September 2008.

Month ending September 2008 September 2007 Change
Passengers1........ 4,197,643....... 3,438,301 ..........22.1%
Load Factor2 ...........86.9% ..............85.2% .........1.8pp
Rolling 12 month ending September 2008 September 2007 Change
Passengers1 ...................43,659,478 ..............37,230,079 ....17.3%
Load Factor2 .........................84.1% ....................83.7% .....0.4pp

parky747
7th Oct 2008, 00:36
Anyone have any info if we expect anymore EZY routes to/from manchester for the winter timetable? I though a A319 would have been based at MAN by now!

GLIDERMAN
7th Oct 2008, 11:30
Anyone know what advance bookings are like for the Ltn-Jersey winter flights? eg Xmas & new year?

Buster the Bear
7th Oct 2008, 13:49
I have no direct knowledge, but all routes over this period will be heavily yield managed, the sooner you book, the cheaper your fare will be as most, if not all flights sell out over the traditional holiday periods. Add to this the reduction in capacity on the route this winter.

Ringwayman
7th Oct 2008, 18:13
U2 were never going to have an A319 at MAN this winter - they probably want to see how the ex-GT operation looked like for a complete year and then tinker with the routes from next summer. With the commitment to 5 based aircraft by 2010, I'd expect an additional aircraft to be based for the next 3 major timetable changes i.e. summer 2009, winter 2009 and summer 2010. I would also imagine it's too late to announce new routes to start from the winter timetable - perhaps there may be one or two routes operated by non-based units next year.

cesare.caldi
8th Oct 2008, 19:07
Rumors for new Easyjet base at Venice (VCE) from summer 2009, maybe a mega italian expansion with two new base at FCO and VCE, like this year in France with CDG and LYS.

easyboy22
14th Oct 2008, 10:53
All Easy managers at luton today for a presentation on the things the

Company face and future opportunities. Then tomorrow at 11am the rest of the company informed.

Nobody seems to know anything or its been kept very quite...

Interesting day tomorrow..

cesare.caldi
14th Oct 2008, 22:19
Easyjet is ready to announce new italian domestic routes from FCO

Badhorsey
14th Oct 2008, 23:41
All Easyjet Base Captains called back for urgent meeting at Luton HQ, rumoured to be a big announcement by company today (Wed)

Fingers crossed it's just trivia guys.

BlueRay
14th Oct 2008, 23:48
Maybe the announcement is that they are getting the rest of the British Airways shorthaul network. They're doing such a good job of running the GB airways operation (which BA sold to them in AUG 07 when they couldn't get the operation profitable with all their management baggage hanging on!), it's certainly a possibility.

Good luck to all those Easyjet staff, let's hope the announcement is a positive one.

jumpseater
15th Oct 2008, 00:06
If the 'announcement' is being made to the company UK time 11:00am at LTN, if its 'big' it'll probably be all over the news like a rash before then, the 'city' or whats left of it will need to know first. Theoretically.

kbrockman
15th Oct 2008, 00:06
Starting operations out of LHR (partnership with BA) ?

Skipness One Echo
15th Oct 2008, 00:09
which BA sold to them in AUG 07 when they couldn't get the operation profitable with all their management baggage hanging on!)

BlueRay I know you're anti-BA but GB was sold by er......GB. BA didn't want to buy them out.

Falcon666
15th Oct 2008, 00:12
Easyjet Thread talk of announcement of Italian domestic routes from FCO.

Probably just need to know how many speak fluent Italian and explain how good the relocation package will be :ugh::ugh:?

Another nail in the Alitalia coffin if true-must be almost closed now!!

hostiegirl
15th Oct 2008, 00:33
Why call everyone in just to tell them about new routes? an email was sent when they bought GB!! I think there must be more to it than that!

davidjohnson6
15th Oct 2008, 00:37
There's a discussion topic on this at airliners.net

FCO Possible New Base For Easyjet? — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4176085/?threadid=4176085&searchid=4176085&s=FCO#ID4176085)

The original source is in Italian at:
[ANTEPRIMA] Richieste di slot per la base easyJet a FCO - I forum di Aviazione Civile (http://www.aviazionecivile.com/vb/showthread.php?t=89541)

Summary from thread says:
FCO-MXP 5 daily
FCO-PMO 2 daily
FCO-CTA 3 daily
FCO-BRI 2 daily
FCO-VCE 2 daily
FCO-VRN 2 daily
FCO-TRN 2 daily
FCO-CDG 4 daily
FCO-ORY 2 daily
FCO-SXF 1 daily
FCO-LGW 3 daily
FCO-MAD 1 daily

Some of the above routes are flown to CIA instead. Assuming these get moved to FCO, a rough calculation says they will need about 4 or maybe 5 planes to be based in Rome.

lgwsfg
15th Oct 2008, 01:02
Just a thought re this big announcment expected tom, i hate to say but didnt easyjet have a lot of shares bought by an icelandic firm about 3 years ago, cant rem the details but can remember something happening re iceland and shares? And now the banks are involved in the credit crunch?

I do hope i am wrong for all easyjet staff out there and hope tom the announcement is good rather then bad!

Edit: Just looked it was the FL group Iceland who bought shares, they are now under administration, under icelandic gov control, and at present called Stodir.

harrogate
15th Oct 2008, 01:22
Stodir owned about 20% of Easyjet shares, but flogged the lot a couple of years ago for a tidy sum.

lgwsfg
15th Oct 2008, 01:24
Oh ok didnt know that thats out of the equation then.

My thoughts are with all tom i hope it not bad news

blue belly
15th Oct 2008, 03:23
A merger between EasyJet and AirBerlin?

davidjohnson6
15th Oct 2008, 04:04
AirBerlin have stated they are in advanced merger talks with TUIFly at the moment - if they're doing a merger with EasyJet instead, then they've done a fantastic job at keeping it quiet !

kick the tires
15th Oct 2008, 04:11
How quiet was easyJet's purcahse of GB?? :D

doubleu-anker
15th Oct 2008, 04:15
Without crashing the party and sounding like a profit of doom I would brace yourselfs for bad news. While we are at it have a farewell party for low fares.

Lets face it, the bubble has burst and they either join up with someone else or go under.

kick the tires
15th Oct 2008, 04:17
Doubleu-anker says: they either join up with someone else or go under.

Would you like to explain why you hold this opinion?

davidjohnson6
15th Oct 2008, 04:48
A few years ago, I remember MOL predicting that eventually Easyjet would merge with BA. Seems most unlikely to happen in the next 24 hours, but PPrune is a rumour network after all ! ;)
Me ? Spread scurrilous gossip ?

stormin norman
15th Oct 2008, 06:11
Try Easy and BMI ?

Paolo
15th Oct 2008, 06:26
I reckon it is a company wide briefing - this is where we are at, this is where we want to go, this is what we have got to do to get their etc. At least I hope it is!

keepitlit
15th Oct 2008, 07:10
Heard something from a friend of a friend about super bases, ie only LGW and LTN operating W patterns anyone else heard this.

regards

Keepitlit

ROSCO328
15th Oct 2008, 07:14
As all previous posts are complete rubbish I can only assume no one is actually an Easyjet employee? If you are please enter the EJ private forum which will give you more accurate info or speak to your Balpa rep IF you are a member ofcourse!!;).

Bubair
15th Oct 2008, 07:21
As all previous posts are complete rubbish I can only assume no one is actually an Easyjet employee? If you are please enter the EJ private forum which will give you more accurate info or speak to your Balpa rep IF you are a member ofcourse!!.

There are a lot of people who are not employed by EasyJet yet but are in the holding pool, who would like to know about it as well!!

Anyone willingly to share it with us?

Bang Or West
15th Oct 2008, 07:31
Heard they were closing the base west of the Isle of Man, you know, the one which still hasn't... still hasn't... no, you're getting them soon, no you're not getting the Airbus, etc etc. All routes staying, but being done by all the other bases. Hope it's not true.

davidjohnson6
15th Oct 2008, 07:40
London Stock Exchange has been open for over 30 mins. Nothing has appeared so far today about EZY on the Regulatory News Service

croggles
15th Oct 2008, 07:45
Blueray.... BA never sold GB Airways to Easyjet... GB Airways was an independant company operating a franchise agreement for BA... an agreement that GB paid BA for the priveledge of. GB Airways was in profit, despite the fact that millions were being paid for this agreement, which is what made GB such an attractive prospect to Easyjet...

angels
15th Oct 2008, 07:52
RNS has actually been open since 0600Z.

I contacted an equity trader I know when I saw this thread and he has spoken to the EZ PR people who told him no announcement is due today (FWIW).

davidjohnson6
15th Oct 2008, 07:59
angels - seems surprising that anyone in PR would be stupid enough to explicitly state that no announcement was due today. Unless there's something very extreme threatening the continued existence of the company, they should instead just give the standard brush-off of 'we do not comment on market rumour'

Having said that, over the last couple of months, all EZY announcements on RNS apart from things like directors buying or selling shares have been published at 0600Z or 0700 BST

Evanelpus
15th Oct 2008, 08:06
Slightly off topic (maybe?) but does anyone know when Easy will be posting flights and prices for Summer 2009?

angels
15th Oct 2008, 08:08
david - hence my FWIW (for what its worth) at the end of the paragraph.

Most (but certainly not all) big company announcements are made at 0600Z as it gives investors time to digest news ahead of the official opening at 0700Z.

Of course there are plenty of ways to trade before the official opening, but thats the idea.

davidjohnson6
15th Oct 2008, 08:11
Depends on where you want to go - flights from some bases are made available for purchase before others. Normally, flights out of London are the last to go on sale.

The whole process usually begins in late November, and finishes by early-mid December.

fiftyfour
15th Oct 2008, 08:12
Blue Ray. You are wrong. Ezy do not run the GB operation any better than when GB ran it themselves. I've seen both sides of the operation as employee and as a passenger, and from both perspectives things have gone downhill a bit.
As for the investors in EZY - ask them how much they have seen in dividends since investing about 10 years ago and I think you will find it is ZERO.

Evanelpus
15th Oct 2008, 08:14
Depends on where you want to go - flights from some bases are made available for purchase before others. Normally, flights out of London are the last to go on sale.

The whole process usually begins in late November, and finishes by early-mid December.

Thanks for the quick reply David. I'm looking for Luton to Alicante in early July.

scrotometer
15th Oct 2008, 08:22
announcement is scheduled for release at 1000Z at all bases.

st nicholas
15th Oct 2008, 09:05
NCL Base Captain resigned position couple of weeks ago.No replacement yet. Cabin Crew manager BRS Based. Economic downturn traditionally effects the NE more than most areas. W patterns mentioned. Cabin crew random roster being implimented. Not looking good for NCL.

cwatters
15th Oct 2008, 09:09
Stock market informal rule is: Good news is released wednesdays, bad news Fridays.

Badhorsey
15th Oct 2008, 09:16
Scrotometer......"announcement is scheduled for release at 1000Z at all bases."

That's what I was told too, but it's only a rumour!

Map_Shift
15th Oct 2008, 09:32
Badhorsey

It's NOT a rumour - it's FACT.

Company wide announcement to be made at all bases simultaneously at 10.00Z.

Give it 30 mins or so and you'll find out.

Map_Shift,
Current eJ employee

Wingswinger
15th Oct 2008, 09:40
May I request that those of us who are eJ staff do NOT discuss it here, whatever it is. There is a perfectly good private forum.

Or, do it on the BALPA forum.

If you're not in BALPA, get in.

THE POINTY END
15th Oct 2008, 09:42
I heard we're joining forces with Virgin to buy LGW. Then the two companies are going to merge and we'll become Easy Virgin, get rid of our slogan 'Come on , lets fly' and replace it with 'We go all the way'. I think it's a winner.
Oh well we'll see what all the fuss is in 30 mins or so.

Navy_Adversary
15th Oct 2008, 09:45
T-15 and counting:8

no sponsor
15th Oct 2008, 09:52
Pointy - have you thought about a career in marketing and spin?

NorthCountryBoy76
15th Oct 2008, 10:05
St Nicholas... you forgot to mention that all the flight deck in NCL are about to carry out the Airbus type rating. Sounds like doom and gloom to me.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

Flaps up no lights
15th Oct 2008, 10:05
Well 10.05z what's going on ???:E

Topslide6
15th Oct 2008, 10:12
Let me guess.....

:mad: all?

angels
15th Oct 2008, 10:12
The suspense is doing me in!

stalling attitude
15th Oct 2008, 10:15
the meetings are happening right now so its gonna take a while for it to filter out.

WHYEYEMAN
15th Oct 2008, 10:20
topslide6 - you are spot on.

Caracul
15th Oct 2008, 10:22
The meetings might be happening now, but there was supposed to be a company wide email as well.

jumpseater
15th Oct 2008, 10:25
As all previous posts are complete rubbish I can only assume no one is actually an Easyjet employee?

Is that right@rsco? Some of the previous posters may remember CH,CG and YF to name a few. If you don't, get some time in!:E

stalling attitude
15th Oct 2008, 10:34
very true caracul, i'm sitting here waiting for mine. I will be a bit disappointed if the first news i get is from here and not the company.

Stone Cold II
15th Oct 2008, 10:38
E-mail is now out. It's just a briefing on how tough things are, high oil prices etc.

Nothing we have not heard before, Pilot's payrise will be honoured as they say a promise is a promise :E

No random rostering, nothing on any further base closures.

toratoratora
15th Oct 2008, 10:41
Is that it? and there was me all ready to light the brazier (or brassiere....)

Red 69
15th Oct 2008, 10:42
High oil prices???? $80 a barrel? Let's hope they didn't hedge well above $100 pb!

timmya320
15th Oct 2008, 10:44
they are operating mxp-fco 4 times a day soon do they realise the high speed train opens in the next few years central rome to milan central 3.00hrs no one is going to go out of the cities to aerports two /three hours in advance then mess around for a couple of hours getting back to the city centre when direct will be 3 hrs:)

Binder
15th Oct 2008, 10:45
Too Late!

Jet Fuel has been hedged well above the present market rate for nearly half of next summer's requirement.

Oops!

Stone Cold II
15th Oct 2008, 10:45
I'm sure the meeting in the crew room goes into more detail, I will not put up exact details on here from Andy Harrisons e-mail. But it's nothing have not heard before.

Still go on about the ever rising oil prices despite it dropping everyday for the last month or so, last check it was down to 78$ a barrel.

Best part is still payrise will be honoured :ok:

davidjohnson6
15th Oct 2008, 10:46
I think the new train line between Bologna and Milan opens about 2 months from now

timmya320
15th Oct 2008, 10:46
i heard $135 for 6months

stalling attitude
15th Oct 2008, 10:50
glad i didnt bother making the effort to go in