PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet - 3

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

StoneyBridge Radar
17th Dec 2007, 20:34
Well some of the GB crews in Manch are under the impression that easy are not coming to Manch.

I'll have 20 of whatever they're smoking then.

Have they not seen the internal and external releases? :ugh:

It's official, Easy are coming, and there's a mad little irishman looking to spoil the party tomorrow.....watch this space.

Stoney

rebellion
17th Dec 2007, 22:34
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/business/s/1028701_now_ryanair_to_expand

Here's the news!

take-off
18th Dec 2007, 11:25
well whatever you think of ryan, the have stole easys thunder witht the fact you can actually book a flight from manchester, at moment nothing is showing on easys' website.:E

toledoashley
18th Dec 2007, 13:10
I dont think that easy are going to put the seats on sale just yet - I think they have to wait for the approval of the take over of GT.

cesare.caldi
18th Dec 2007, 21:40
I dont think that easy are going to put the seats on sale just yet - I think they have to wait for the approval of the take over of GT.

This final approval is due by end of january, is not too late to put on sale the new summer flight from LGW and MAN?

shamrock7seal
20th Dec 2007, 04:16
I've heard rumours BOH will be a base with one aircraft in summer 2008 - adding services to Nice, Palma, Malaga, Edinburgh and Belfast.

eurostar builder
20th Dec 2007, 15:54
Its so nice to see 3 Easyjet Airbuses in Bournemouth today lets hope these are encouraging.

the_fish@blueyonder.
25th Dec 2007, 17:18
I was looking at the EZY website earlier and noticed they've made a new route map section.

It now shows Egypt and Tunisia on it aswell as thier destinations. The map doesn't show the names of any other countries which they don't fly to at the moment, nor thier borders. I seem to remember that Tunis (TUN) was previously served by GB airways.

Could it be a sign that they're planning on some more North African routes to go along with thier routes into Morocco?

Happy Christmas to you all. :)

cesare.caldi
25th Dec 2007, 22:00
Easyjet probably resume several ex Gb Airways routes

the_fish@blueyonder.
27th Dec 2007, 09:37
I Was onboard EZY066 GLA-LTN this morning and the crew mentioned that new summer 2008 routes would inlcude flights to Egypt, Malta, Greek Islands (none mentioned specifically) and I think I also heard Cyprus mentioned too.

They also mentioned the new services would be from Manchester and Gatwick. :cool:

LGS6753
27th Dec 2007, 10:40
Fish@ -

I guess they were referring (not entirely accurately) to the GB acquisition.

MUFC_fan
27th Dec 2007, 11:20
I'm guessing they will be keeping the A320s and A321s for busier routes. I would be very surprised not to see an A321 at LPL/MAN during the summer months. The loads they get on their AGP, ALC, PMI, FAO etc. sectors are outstanding and an A321 would certainly be welcomed by the North west public.

I don't see a problem with operating these aircraft aswell, a short course for both sets of pilots to get certification for all three aircraft and away they go! (Unless the engines are different which may mean maintenance problems - can they change the engine types?)

Glenn@LTN
27th Dec 2007, 11:53
Rumour has it that 2 A321's will be based at Luton for the summer for the SAW and ATH routes, both routes fill a 737-700 with 149 seats, just last summer we had the Air Finland 757 on the LTN-ATH route and that was full too!

Glenn

Ian Brooks
27th Dec 2007, 11:57
I think you will see the A321 stay at Gatwick with MAN getting 2 A320 as the London GB routes are more suited to the A321 with a higher pax load

Ian

the_fish@blueyonder.
27th Dec 2007, 15:24
@LGS6753

It was indeed in reference to the GB takeover, which they mentioned at the start of the announcement. I just thought I'd let people know theat they are advising passengers of the news routes already. :)

toledoashley
27th Dec 2007, 15:56
I agree with the the comments that the 321's will be staying at LGW. I wonder what new routes EZY could intoduce with the additional slots it has with the dupliaction of routes ie FAO/PMI/AGP/ALC/RAK?

I think something like some more eastern european routes + a mixture of some new summer destinations. Monastir/Cagliari/Varna/ or what about some more city routes - Copenhagen/Riga/Tallinn/Zagreb.

Really excited to find out where the expansion is going to happen. Please can we have some expansion in the north of London as well please!

ICING AOA
27th Dec 2007, 19:03
Keeping the GB's A320s and A321s in the fleet might result extremely hasardous for easyJet in the near future.
Those aircraft do have a higher operating cost (more fuel, more cabine crew, etc) and compared to an A319 it will obviously be more difficult to reach a reasonable passenger load outside of the summer season.
The good point of those aircraft is that they can fly onto longer routes such as MAN -> Canaries/Egypt,etc.. but then it's not really the easyJet's policy to fly that far, because it seems to be more lucrative to make 2 shorter flights with an A319 instead of a longer one with an A320/321 for the same amount of time.
Also, the A319/A320/A321 conversion course for all Airbus cabine crew and flightdeck crew will cost easyJet a lot (moneywise and timewise).

Lastly, I am surprised that the LGW/Corsica routes previously operated by GB in summer are not anymore on the map.:hmm:

orangetree
27th Dec 2007, 19:18
You can rest assured that the A321 will go where the commercial bean counting brigade think it will make most money. I don't necessarily think that's LGW. As for range, the 319 can go to the same places the 321 can...if Easy want to spent the money increasing the MTOM that is.

ICING AOA
27th Dec 2007, 20:08
...if Easy want to spent the money increasing the MTOM that is.

Indeed, but it's not easy with easy :bored:

MUFC_fan
27th Dec 2007, 20:12
1. A320 has same cabin crew as A319 as EZY have 156 seater version.
2. A319 can fly further than both the A320 and A321.
3. An LPL-AGP in August is much more lucrative on an A319 than two BFS, AMS etc. rotations.
4. Converting takes not even a a couple of days and if they wished to convert ALL crews from BOEING to AIRBUS then the A320 series really won't bother them much.

Overall, there are not that many problems with the A320 and A321s in the EZY fleet and we can probably expect the airline to increase these with their A320 SERIES order of 92 extra - not not A319, but A320 SERIES.

ICING AOA
27th Dec 2007, 20:42
Do you really think the GB A320/A321s will stay in "British Airways" Pax configuration philosophy ? easyJet is not looking for such a confort in the cabine.
Do you really think people who have never flown other airbus serie than the 319 will be able to transfer directly on the 320/321 without any line training ? be careful with tailstrikes mate :eek:
If 2 BFS or AMS are not lucrative enough, you can always find lots of other routes to make money on a kind of 90 min flight time sector.
Competition is already pretty hard on the Canaries destinations...

But we'll see ...

StoneyBridge Radar
27th Dec 2007, 21:38
MUFC, have you been on the cooking sherry again...?

1. A320 has same cabin crew as A319 as EZY have 156 seater version.
No chance in hell EZY will retain the GB seating long term, so that argument is blown straight out of the water.

2. A319 can fly further than both the A320 and A321.
So what? We're talking about a lo-co operation which relies mainly on short sectors and multiple rotations.

3. An LPL-AGP in August is much more lucrative on an A319 than two BFS, AMS etc. rotations. :bored:
Absolute rubbish, plus you have to factor in that BFS or AMS passengers are probably week in week out return customers, not your once a year jolly holiday pax. Return year round business counts for alot.

4. Converting takes not even a a couple of days and if they wished to convert ALL crews from BOEING to AIRBUS then the A320 series really won't bother them much.:ugh:
You know, sometimes it's better to stay silent and appear dumb than to open one's mouth and actually prove it ;)

Stoney

chrism20
27th Dec 2007, 21:47
How many seats can you legally squeeze into an A320? The most I can ever remember seeing was an 180 which brings it to just short of a 738. MON may have more than 180 in their 320's as they like to squeeze em in.

Don't forget that FR also fly to the Canaries now and has been said in the FR thread the bar makes a killing and there is hardly anything left coming back - which is where a lot of cash is made and will make a bucket & spade trip more lucrative than Mr Smith sitting in row 1 buying nowt on his way to a meeting.

MUFC_fan
27th Dec 2007, 22:19
1. Can you prove this?
2. I was not adressing the EZY situation, but the range of the aircraft as a whole.
3. On one flight, there is more money to be made on an AGP rotation than a BFS and an AMS from LPL, but I do agree with you about the business loyal PAX.

aidoair
27th Dec 2007, 22:32
chrism20How many seats can you legally squeeze into an A320? The most I can ever remember seeing was an 180 which brings it to just short of a 738. MON may have more than 180 in their 320's as they like to squeeze em in.

180 is the max seats for the 320, MON just like the rest of the UK charters with A320s have upto 180 seats in them and no more with a seat pitch of approx 28-29''. Infact Monarch probably have less seats than the others as they ofer extra legroom on their scheduled services at the front of these aircraft.

TartinTon
28th Dec 2007, 07:13
"MON may have more than 180 in their 320's as they like to squeeze em in."

You may want to check your facts there ChrisM. MON have 174 seats on all their A320 and offer 7/8 rows of extra legroom seats of 35/36 inches seat pitch at the front. Same applies to their A321s with 214 seats onboard and will apply to all their 757s from May.

Wingswinger
28th Dec 2007, 08:14
Do you really think people who have never flown other airbus serie than the 319 will be able to transfer directly on the 320/321 without any line training ? be careful with tailstrikes mate

Yes. The baseline model is the 320. All pilots are rated A320/IR covering all variants of the baseline model. The only difference between the 319 and the 320 is the weight. Line-training will not be necessary. The 321 is heavier again and has some minor differences - centre tank fuel pumps, flap speeds, speedbrake deflection angles and the wheels are bigger. Attitude limits on landing are of course different but there is no problem with tail clearance provided a few simple rules are followed. The tail strikes that have occurred have been well analysed and the cause of them is understood.

Two sides of A4 which can be read and digested in half an hour will be the only conversion needed for pilots.

As for different engine types - again it is not a problem. The V2500 is an EPR engine (3 spools) whereas the CFM is an N1 engine (two spools) and while there are different limitations, handling techniques and starting sequences it can all be popped onto one side of A4. There might be a 20 question quiz, perhaps? Job done.

There may be some other differences - the GB aircraft are older and may have an earlier model FMS, EFIS screens, Radar and Transponder. I do not know. Once again, it is not a problem.

That said, a more detailed differences course may be decided upon but my point is that it is not necessary. I believe the intention is that ex-GB aircraft will be flown exclusively by ex-GB pilots for the first few months/year until a decision on the longer term use of them is made.

one post only!
28th Dec 2007, 09:27
A lot of the LPL to AGP / ALC/ FAO pax are not once a year bucket and spade punters but regular users travelling to and from holiday homes/ 2nd homes. They use the service just as often as business travellers use some of the other routes. There is a lot of return business on these flights.

As Wingswinger said, the rating held by crews is for the A320 series, covering you from A318 to A321. Minimal training required! Knowing easy there could be some form of training, CD, tech quiz, line flight(s) with a trainer but the cost is not exactly going to be prohibitive!
I think thats what MUFC fan meant, if EZY are happy to go in a big way from Boeing to Airbus then doing a bit of extra training for crews already rated is not going to be an issue!

I can imagine that there would be some routes where the 320/321's would be very welcome on, but then what happens if they go tech / get delayed and you can't fit everyone on the replacment 319. Few factors to feature in the thinking no doubt! Its going to be interesting to see what happens. Do you go whole hog and get more to make it work or just stick with 319's forever!

chrism20
28th Dec 2007, 10:33
Tartin Tom

I suggest you look again at what you have quoted me on.

I said MON MAY, not MON HAD

ICING AOA
28th Dec 2007, 11:08
It's very exciting to have bigger aircraft, A320, A321.... but if it's to see them almost empty (or almost full as you prefer), that's not worth. Europe is not China yet.

Yes. The baseline model is the 320. All pilots are rated A320/IR covering all variants of the baseline model. The only difference between the 319 and the 320 is the weight. Line-training will not be necessary. The 321 is heavier again and has some minor differences - centre tank fuel pumps, flap speeds, speedbrake deflection angles and the wheels are bigger. Attitude limits on landing are of course different but there is no problem with tail clearance provided a few simple rules are followed. The tail strikes that have occurred have been well analysed and the cause of them is understood.

:oh: It is very good to understand it, but every single flight is different and we learn every day by practice.
I just wonder why pilots at Monarch, GB, etc, dont go straight onto the A321 model :8....
But you must be a very good pilot, you don't need any training, just a bit of theory at the most and that's it ! You will never have any of those problems because you understand everything, but just bear in mind you are an exception only :D

As Wingswinger said, the rating held by crews is for the A320 series, covering you from A318 to A321. Minimal training required! Knowing easy there could be some form of training, CD, tech quiz, line flight(s) with a trainer but As Wingswinger said, the rating held by crews is for the A320 series, covering you from A318 to A321. Minimal training required! Knowing easy there could be some form of training, CD, tech quiz, line flight(s) with a trainer but the cost is not exactly going to be prohibitive! !
It's excatly like the Dash8 (all versions), The ATR42 and ATR72, the B737-300/400/500/600/700/800/900, the CRJs(all versions), etc...The Type rating is the same on the licence, the systems are mostly exactly the same, but there are some huge differences especially for take off and landing.
As for "the cost is not exactly going to be prohibitive!", ask easyJet to take it from your annual salary and you will see :}

Don't forget that FR also fly to the Canaries now and has been said in the FR thread the bar makes a killing and there is hardly anything left coming back - which is where a lot of cash is made and will make a bucket & spade trip more lucrative than Mr Smith sitting in row 1 buying nowt on his way to a meeting.

Do not compare Ryanair with any other airline in Europe. Ryanair is making a lot of money, not thanks to its 0.01 cents tickets but mainly thanks to all the local airports that sponsore ( with millions of cash ) Ryanair for coming.
That's not the same kind of business.

I can imagine that there would be some routes where the 320/321's would be very welcome on, but then what happens if they go tech / get delayed and you can't fit everyone on the replacment 319. Few factors to feature in the thinking no doubt! Its going to be interesting to see what happens. Do you go whole hog and get more to make it work or just stick with 319's forever!

Well spotted ;)

TartinTon
28th Dec 2007, 11:58
Don't be so touchy there Chrism. I quoted you word for word (including the MAY) and merely corrected your erroneous supposition. I suggest a lay down in the nearest corner and wee dram to settle your nerves. :p

heebeegb
28th Dec 2007, 17:08
The deal is that we GB pilots will be flying our own aircraft (320/321) this summer exclusively. Whether they last in the Easy fleet beyond Oct 31 is not known.

one post only!
28th Dec 2007, 18:13
The systems on the B737-300 to 900 were pretty much the same but I'm sure classics had round dials and really noisy wipers and NG's fancy screens! :) Yes they handled slightly differently but it wasn't a major trauma to chop and change between the 2, apart from trying to find where the wx radar was and the EFIS control panel! Many people did it very reguarly! I just don't think there will be a huge amount of training involved for all the crews to change bewteen the 319 to 321. Other airlines seem to manage it.

I don't think it would be that expensive to fly a few sectors with a trainer. He has to be paid anyway and its a revenue earning flight. But i have to be honest I know nothing about running an airline and the costs associated with training where perhaps you do.

I am not claiming to be a good pilot and an exception at all. I consider a few sectors line training to be minimal training compared to a whole type rating and line training lasting a few months!!! Ones a lot of training, ones a lot less. Minimal in comparison! I am not a trainer and haven't flown the 321 but I would hope most of us would be able to figure out how not to tailscrape it after a few flights! Maybe I'm in for a big shock in the difference.

I may have misunderstood but I thought airbus designed all their aircraft with commonality in mind. I'm sure they themselves talk about miminal training to change between types. Although they say changing types is going from the A320 series onto A330 / A340 etc.

Anyway, it may all be a mute point as they may all vanish after the summer season anyway!

chec tunset
28th Dec 2007, 19:17
It is possible to move between the 19 and 20 without a line check. The 21 is a slightly different animal and should require a line check. Not a big deal really but could be time consuming. They should be able to switch between V25 and CFM with a powerpoint course or alike although not that long ago the CAA made meals of that too.

james170969
29th Dec 2007, 16:40
Does anyone know what, if any, Easyjet's contingency plans are in the event of strike action at BAA airports?

Glenn@LTN
29th Dec 2007, 17:17
I think most STN flights for easyJet will operate from LTN, its something we been told to prepare for at LTN anyway!

Glenn

james170969
29th Dec 2007, 22:49
What about Glasgow and Edinburgh flights? I have family that are due to fly out to Alicante from Glasgow during one of the strikes and I am flying out to Malaga on the 20th of January which is the day after one of the strikes ends but presumably there would be a backlog. Air Malta plans to transfer their flights to Prestwick but I think only a few flights could be transferred there.

Wingswinger
31st Dec 2007, 07:19
ICING AOA,

It is very good to understand it, but every single flight is different and we learn every day by practice.
I just wonder why pilots at Monarch, GB, etc, dont go straight onto the A321 model ....
But you must be a very good pilot, you don't need any training, just a bit of theory at the most and that's it ! You will never have any of those problems because you understand everything, but just bear in mind you are an exception only

Whether or not I am a good pilot is for others to judge, but I am a TRI/TRE with over 6000 hrs on all variants of the 320 series apart from the 318. In my previous company there was no line training given for transition from one 320 variant to another - just a one or two page differences brief and a quick technical quiz. Will that do for you?

31st Dec 2007, 09:14
Wingswingers spot on and to put things into even more perspective, the differences training to go from A319/320/321 onto the heavier types (including A380) is 2 days. . . .

toledoashley
31st Dec 2007, 17:21
Stacks of new routes now on sale!
We are pleased to announce even more new routes for your summer holiday.

From 1 January 2008 cheap flights are on sale to the following new destinations from London Gatwick and Manchester:

New routes from London Gatwick:

Fly to: Fares from:
Ajaccio (Corsica) £39.99
Bastia (Corsica) £49.99
Biarritz £25.99
Crete (Heraklion) £37.99
Corfu £44.99
Cyprus (Paphos) £49.99
Dalaman £44.99
Gibraltar £29.99
Gran Canaria (Las Palmas) £49.99
Hurghada 1 £89.99
Lanzarote (Arrecife) £44.99
Madeira (Funchal) £31.99
Malta £27.99
Montpellier £25.99
Mykonos £44.99
Nantes £23.99
Rhodes £37.99
Sharm El Sheikh £69.99
Tenerife (South) £49.99
Thessaloniki £27.99

New routes from our NEW departure airport Manchester

Fly to: Fares from:
Crete (Heraklion) £44.99
Cyprus (Paphos) £37.99
Malta £34.99
Tenerife (South) £44.99

All these great new routes can be booked to fly between 30 March and 30 September 2008 which means that you now have even more choice for your summer holiday!

www.easyjet.com

GLENO
31st Dec 2007, 21:42
Add to Manchester...... Innsbruck and Malaga.:)

take-off
1st Jan 2008, 09:04
Has anyone tried booking flights from man, all i can get are one ways:}:} can leave but cant come back........:}:}

viscount702
1st Jan 2008, 09:36
YES I agree it is a bit of a shambles

Viscount

MUFC_fan
1st Jan 2008, 09:55
Just booked Manchester to Heraklion for 2nd May returning a week later. No problems. Which routes are you looking at?

IB4138
1st Jan 2008, 10:06
Still no flights bookable AGP-MAN

greensides101
1st Jan 2008, 10:11
No TFS/MAN either

Anyone know whats happening?

viscount702
1st Jan 2008, 10:12
HER seems to be the only route OK to book.

all others either aren't showing or oneway only

greensides101
1st Jan 2008, 12:18
TFS now on. Got 2 week return to TFS in late June for £87 each including luggage fees and taxes

Jet2LBA
1st Jan 2008, 14:38
easyJet are now offering the same flights I booked a few weeks ago for Sept '08 for £20 pp less than what I paid through BA.com (which also includes that I'll have to pay £8 return for hold luggage). Considering that they say that they are going to offer a refund option for GB pax who booked for travel after 30 March is there anything within the rules stopping me from today booking the same flights again, this time through easyJet, and then claiming the refund later on the GB-booked flights when they send me details on how to do this?

flyer55
1st Jan 2008, 20:59
Are Easyjet going to operate from the North Terminal @ LGW as well or move all flights to the South when the takeover is complete !

MUFC_fan
2nd Jan 2008, 00:06
Never realised what power EZY now have at LGW! With LTN, STN and LGW all major bases, will FR start to feel the effects at STN or not?

They now have many more destinations across Europe which are all easily expandable (non more so than MAN where we hopefully expect to see many more routes in the near future!). Also, the Canary Islands, Gibraltar, Malta, Cyprus, Eygpt, Morocco etc. are all able growers for the EZY market.

I wouldn't be surprised to see MAN, LPL, BRS, LTN, NCL and BFS added to the GIB destination board before long.

Anyway, we can go on about all the different routes and aircraft plans EZY has up their sleeves. 2008 is to be a very interesting year for the industry, and many eyes will be on EZY...lets hope they take full advantage...

andyafc
2nd Jan 2008, 11:03
i see salzburg is in the bookin engine but as yet there are no destinations, mix up or new destination?

easyboy
2nd Jan 2008, 11:50
easyJet will operate from both the North and South terminals at LGW.

MUFC_fan
2nd Jan 2008, 15:41
I don't see why they need to bring them together anyway. They don't do connection flights so I can't see a need.

Do they employ their own PSAs or are they contracted? Cheers.

MAN777
3rd Jan 2008, 06:48
Interesting article from ATW

http://www.atwonline.com/magazine/article.html?articleID=2153

SkinHeadFlyer
3rd Jan 2008, 08:45
So whose idea of a joke was it to delay baggage reclaim on the Luton-Berlin flight last night by about 2 hours?

Yeah, 2 hours 15 mins wait from landing to bags appearing on the belt. EZY had some seriously p***ed off 'clients' last night. The police made an appearance at one point to claim things down.

This might be news to EZY employees at London Luton as they'd all buggered off home and left the mess for someone else to sort out. OK, the actual baggage isn't unloaded by EZY staff but they should see that their contractors do the job.

This is on top of the 4hr+ delay on Saturday going out because (and I quote from official sources) "The Crew couldn't be bothered to turn in this morning. This always happens at this time of year. Here's another two vouchers for a drink and a packet of crisps".

Thankfully a German Crew were sent out to cover for the bone idle British Crew.

Answers please.....

flyer55
3rd Jan 2008, 22:25
Orange in Both terminals wouldnt they want to consolidate their operation to one terminal

Powerjet1
4th Jan 2008, 13:26
i see salzburg is in the bookin engine but as yet there are no destinations, mix up or new destination?

Seems to have been deleted now.

pamann
4th Jan 2008, 14:09
I heard the opposite that Easy will move all ops to the South at Gatwick which makes sense with why TFly are moving their ops to the North to join First Choice. The North is busy enough so not room for everyone.

SkinHeadFlyer
4th Jan 2008, 15:33
Quoted from EZYs website -

The Government recently announced that on 7 January 2008, the restriction of one piece of hand luggage will be lifted at 22 of the UK’s airports. This will leave 40 key commercial airports with the one bag rule still in place, including easyJet bases at Belfast, Bristol, East Midlands, Liverpool and Luton. In addition, some of the BAA airports, notably Gatwick, have applied to the CAA for a price increase.

To minimise customer confusion and avoid unnecessary increases in fares, easyJet has decided to maintain its policy of allowing each UK departing passenger to carry one piece of hand baggage (dimensions up to 55x40x20cm with an unlimited weight allowance). Passengers are advised to check this website for more information on baggage allowances (http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/regulations.html#baggage), but can be assured that by following this simple policy, they can continue with their journey as normal.

Andy Harrison, easyJet’s Chief Executive, commented:
“There is massive scope for customer confusion in an environment where UK airports are adopting different policies. The only way to maintain a simple and standard policy is to maintain our one bag policy.”

“Also some of the major BAA airports are using the relaxation of the one bag rule as a pretext to further increase passenger charges. They increased charges when the restriction was introduced and now they want to increase charges again to remove it! easyJet will continue to resist such attempts and calls on the CAA for its full support”

End Quote

I'm sure there is "massive scope" for EZY to charge for hold baggage by limiting hand baggage too. ;)

MUFC_fan
5th Jan 2008, 20:43
Before the GB announcement, I would have said definately no as the airline operated shorter sectors of less than three hours but now they seem to be growing into longer destinations ASWELL as the GB routes so could quite possibly work.

There are a couple of problems though:

1. All boeing fleet of B737-600/700/800
2. Have a long haul fleet
3. Have 787s on order.

Richard Taylor
6th Jan 2008, 09:53
Easyjet expand at ABZ?

:eek:

I need that flying pig on the CWL thread...;)

greensides101
6th Jan 2008, 22:39
Anybody know why the prices for Manchester or Gatwick to Tenerife have now changed from the price quoted on Jan 1 when the route was introduced to a totally uncompetitive price of £199.99 single from Liverpool and £189.99 from Gatwick. Seems to be for every date in every month.

Something similar for the return leg as well making a return circa £400 whenever you fly.

:confused:Do they expect to sell any seats at this price?

Glenn@LTN
7th Jan 2008, 01:03
As we all know with easyJet the more seats they sell, the more expensive the rest of the seats become

Here I feel that most of these seats were sold as GB Airways seats not leaving many left for easyJet to sell, I think in time these seats will go down in price in months to come

Glenn

greensides101
7th Jan 2008, 07:48
Every seat on every flight on every date? --Unlikely

Goldilocks95
7th Jan 2008, 08:34
i had a look in eres and some of the days where they rreally expensive not a single seat hasbeen sold-unless they havnt transfered the data across yet from seats sold by gb

Glenn@LTN
7th Jan 2008, 11:47
Every seat on every flight on every date? --Unlikely

If you read my post again you will find that I never said every seat on every flight

i had a look in eres and some of the days where they rreally expensive not a single seat hasbeen sold-unless they havnt transfered the data across yet from seats sold by gb

I dont think the data will be transferred to Eres until the sale of GB to EZY is complete

greensides101
7th Jan 2008, 18:47
As we all know with easyJet the more seats they sell, the more expensive the rest of the seats become

Here I feel that most of these seats were sold as GB Airways seats not leaving many left for easyJet to sell

Ok if you want to be pedantic-

Unlikely that every flight on every date has seats sold to the level that justifies the prices now on offer. Equally unlikely is that BA have almost sold out on every flight on every date, and from both airports -which is what the situation would be for your senario to be correct

goldeneye
7th Jan 2008, 21:22
Not sure about the Tenerife flights, but i booked Gatwick - Las Palmas for 59.00 return inc tax travelling april for just over 3 weeks.

greensides101
8th Jan 2008, 07:50
Not sure about the Tenerife flights, but i booked Gatwick - Las Palmas for 59.00 return inc tax travelling april for just over 3 weeks.

The TFS flights went back o a more competitive price yesterday. Return from London in June for just under £120. Not as good as at launch but at least more reasonable

Powerjet1
8th Jan 2008, 08:19
See that easy's LF dropped in Dec to 78.9%, compared to 81.2% in Dec 06. About the same as ryans.

Powerjet1
8th Jan 2008, 13:04
Shares down 54p, 11% today. Is this purely because of the fall in the LF?

BristolScout
9th Jan 2008, 08:35
Is there anyone in the know who can tell me why the EMA-CGN service seems to have stopped?

BristolScout
9th Jan 2008, 08:37
I travel quite regularly EMA- CGN. Can anyone tell me why this service seems to end after this week?

brighton_rocks
9th Jan 2008, 18:44
CGN from EMA dropped by easy, but soon with bmi regional

Balair
9th Jan 2008, 20:37
Easy have also dropped LPL - CGN, leaving just the Gatwick service.

lplsprog
9th Jan 2008, 20:56
Yes, but started Liverpool Innsbruck in its place, shame because lately the loads on CGN have been good.

gate 22
15th Jan 2008, 10:32
Is it not time that EZY entered into the Dublin market, break-up the FR dominance, by giving an alternative option to folk. EZY seem to fair well in competition to FR. And with routes like DUB-BCN/CDG etc etc they would be a breath of fresh air in Dublin.

anna_list
15th Jan 2008, 11:22
@Gate22,

I know that it's only January, but that may well go down as one of the least sensible suggestions of the year.

May I refer you to the previous cases of STN-CIA, EMA-CIA, LGW-ORK, LGW-SNN, LGW-NOC, as well as DUB-EDI and DUB-GLA in the days of GO.

When the European LCC market becomes completely and utterly saturated, Easyjet may be left with little choice, but until we reach that point, resources are surely better placed elsewhere?

gate 22
15th Jan 2008, 12:01
Maybe, but Dublin Airport handles not far off 20 Million Pax. thats massive and with EI and FR probably the only large based airlines carrying the majority, I would say that EZY could muscle in and be quite successful if they based a number of aircraft. Is there a fear of airlines setting up at Dublin?

Binder
15th Jan 2008, 12:21
So where does the Ryanair announcement regarding Brum leave easy and Baby in the Midlands?

Very uncomfortable I would think.

My money would be on a BMI group re structure and easy / Baby getting together.

Have easy been trumped in the Midlands yet again?

Binder

cesare.caldi
15th Jan 2008, 21:10
There are rumors about a possible new Easyjet seasonal summer routes from MXP to several greek islands and Malta.

en2r
15th Jan 2008, 21:24
Maybe, but Dublin Airport handles not far off 20 Million Pax. thats massive and with EI and FR probably the only large based airlines carrying the majority, I would say that EZY could muscle in and be quite successful if they based a number of aircraft. Is there a fear of airlines setting up at Dublin?
It passed the 20 million barrier in 2006, carrying 21 million passengers. 2007's figures haven't been released but its estimated that they carried 23.5 million and it looks like the 25 million barrier will be passed this year. I don't think Easy will venture into Dublin after what happened with the LGW-Cork, Shannon and Knock routes where FR made a point of launching their own services on each of the Easy services, virtually giving away seats so Easy's yields would be poor before cutting most of the services once Easy had been driven away.

flyzen
16th Jan 2008, 14:00
Easyjet will open 3 new routes from GVA to
- Nantes
- Ajaccio
- Split

Topswiss01
16th Jan 2008, 20:55
Also new route Basel to Cagliari July-September twice weekly (in addition to 5 weekly Basel-Olbia flights) --> daily flights Basel-Sardinia.

Charlie Roy
16th Jan 2008, 22:36
And finally: Berlin - Thessaloniki

jamesp
19th Jan 2008, 21:08
so does anyone know how easy are going to compete with ryanair at bhx.. are they expanding this summer if so what are the suppose routes.

BHX5DME
19th Jan 2008, 21:48
Everyone at BHX is hoping that EasyJet will only be more determined than ever to set up base here along side Ryanair

Watch this space !

GW76
19th Jan 2008, 22:22
Cant see there being significant EZY expansion at BHX for now.

chrism20
20th Jan 2008, 02:31
Soz if posting this link is not allowed

Looks like it's all systems go for EZY & GB

http://www.uk-airport-news.info/gatwick-airport-news-190108.htm

MUFC_fan
20th Jan 2008, 08:21
I can't see EZY growing too much from BHX. FR seem pretty determined (with 10 aircraft!:eek:) to make BHX their own.

To be honest, I would rather be in EZY's position as they look to dominate the North West market rather than the midlands - much bigger market.

I feel sorry for BE who are going to start feeling the pain when FR and EZY start to turn the key on two of BE's biggest bases (MAN&BHX).

If EZY&FR were to start competeing on BE European routes, could we see a BE retreat? The one thing we can guarantee is that BE have a VERY strong domestic market with the perfect sized aircraft. I don't think the two bog boys are going to be able to damage that too much.:ok:

VERY VERY interesting times ahead!

fimbles
20th Jan 2008, 10:23
Be interesting to see how FR will manage to fly all these routes they are currently announcing and selling? Right now, at the slightly slower time of the year, they seem to have a/c parked up alledgedly due to lack of crew.

DIRECTTANGODELTA
20th Jan 2008, 11:44
Any ideas when the timetable is being released from 28th Sept?:bored:

aerospace
22nd Jan 2008, 12:48
Does easyJet really consider Ryanair as it's number one current competitor?
Does easyJet know sufficiently well Ryanair to purpose an efficient counter-attack?

This is two questions that I am asking myself.
During past years, easyJet usually said that they have a different business model than Ryanair, that easyJet biggest competitor was more BA than Ryanair etc. But currently, it is clear that the biggest target of Ryanair is not fly be or BMI Baby, even when they launch a base at BHX; their main target is obviously easyJet.

Today Ryanair has around 190 routes to/from the UK compare to 120 for EZY... Among the last bases opened by Ryanair were Bristol, Belfast, Bournemouth and Birmingham, all on the easyJet initial “protected” UK market!
And apparently the deal is closed with EDI as well!

I LOVE easyJet, but I think they are currently too shy against Ryanair. For 2 years I am waiting their counter attack against FR, but nothing happened. Even worst, the solution they adopted (attract more business travellers through GDS, lounges etc) is probably good on a financial basis on the short term. But the problem is it diluted its image of low fare airline. More and more people say that easyJet is no more a low fare airline. That’s why I think their current strategy is dangerous on a long term basis, because its strong brand which has been an historic asset, is becoming less and less attractive for leisure travellers.

That's why I ask myself if they are not a bit too arrogant vs. Ryanair, and that they should not consider more seriously and very quickly the risk coming from the Irish carrier?

That’s also why I asked if they know Ryanair enough to counter-attack with a good strategy.
I totally agree with one of the previous post. EZY MUST attack Ryanair on its DUB market. DUB is Ryanair cash cow. It allows them to compete easyJet with very low low fare on routes where they are in direct competition such as Belfast London, to/from Basel, to/from LPL or BRI etc

The problem would be not to launch route in direct competition with Aer Lingus (such as CDG or BCN) because EI is not in a very good shape, and if they bankrupt, the situation would be even worst that before for easyJet. EZY should rather study the yield of Ryanair DUB routes (or asked them politely ;)) in order to compete FR on their DUB best routes (I assume the UK and eastern cities).

I would be happy to have your point of view, am i too negative about EZY situation? Does Ryanair is not currently wining the war against easyJet (10 thousands more passenger on 2007!)? and does easyJet take enough into consideration the risk represented by Ryanair?

MUFC_fan
22nd Jan 2008, 13:05
You need to remember that EZY offer many more flights on each route. e.g.) LPL-BFS is served 7 time daily during the week opposed to FR's 2 flights.

FR serve many more destinations from the UK but EZY have a lot higher frequencies on many of their routes whether domestic or international.

gate 22
22nd Jan 2008, 14:15
aerospace

Totally agree FR would not like EZY in Dublin. Dublin is probably FR's bread and butter. It would take the fight from UK into Dub. I see no reason why EZY have not opened a massive base in Dublin apart from 1/ They are frightened of FR or 2/ There is a slot issue.

Lets think about it Dublin handles around 20 million !!!!!! - why no EZY or for that matter other low cost airlines with a base.

LGS6753
22nd Jan 2008, 14:31
Aerospace -

These are airlines, not gladiators. They are in business to make money for their shareholders, not to 'win' a battle with a perceived competitor. IMHO EasyJet have an excellent business model. They are a loco, but have positioned themselves in the market as one with a more caring image than Ryanair. You don't see their CEO slagging off his competitors as Mr O'Leary does. You don't see seats advertised for a penny each.

Easy's model is, as has been stated by MUFC, to offer higher frequency between principal cities/airports, rather than lower frequency between secondary cities/airports. Both companies know their own markets, and both do very well serving those markets.

Neither of these companies would benefit from a head-to-head 'fight' - all that would do is reduce yields and thus profitability. That's why they very rarely compete directly. There are sufficient routes out there to allow both to continue growing before they start going head-to-head.

What is interesting is how their respective business models will fare as the economy slips in to recession, if that is what is about to happen:eek:

Both are successful, profitable companies. Both are very impressively run. I expect the airlines who suffer in a downturn will be weaker companies without financial firepower and those with legacy costs and arcane working practices.

The Flying Cokeman
22nd Jan 2008, 17:46
LGS6753,

You are spot on :ok:

A good example is EZY withdrawing from IRL in 2006/07. I flew those routes daily from LGW and in the summertime the planes were absolutely packed- but the yield was very low and so was the loadfactor in the wintertime, Ryanair included.
EZY were not slaughtered as many say on this site but chose to withdraw as nobody were making any money on those routes. Why not stop and utilise the planes elsewhere as it happened?! Funny enough after EZY stopped, Ryanair reduced their frequency too.

I heard that starting those routes to IRL was Mr Webster farewell to MOL hoping to piss him off before he was leaving EZY :)
When Harrison took over the routes stopped fairly soon and other EZY routes had their frequency increased with the spare planes eg. AMS/BCN.

I don't think we will see any EZY flights to DUB in the near future if ever :confused:. More likely is a Scandinavian campaign which is bound to happen very soon as the Eastern europe campaign has just begun this winter.
Ryanair is not the primary target but if I was Skyeurope, Wizz and Sterling I would be a bit more worried over the next year or 2.
TFCM

Tom the Tenor
22nd Jan 2008, 18:56
Looking back on it now from this remove I would like to think that easyJet's yield on the LGW-ORK was fairly rewarding from the beginning at least until whn FR muscled themselves on to the route in autum of the same year. I feel that Cork Airport has easyJet to thank for having a Gatwick link today eventhough they withdrew and let it with Ryanair. It may be argued that Cork would have been waiting many a long day for Ryanair to get off it's backside to put an aeroplane into Cork without easyJet's decision to come to Cork.

The memories of that first spring and summer when easyJet served Cork are recalled as being among the best of times at Cork Airport.

Then Ryanair arrived.

eu01
22nd Jan 2008, 19:03
More likely is a Scandinavian campaign which is bound to happen very soonDo you think there is enough space for them all in Scandinavia? Many carriers already fly to/from Sweden and Norway, a bit less saturated is maybe Denmark, only Finland seems to be omitted by the mainstream lcc's so far (just FR is present in "Suomi" albeit somewhat sluggishly...)

The Flying Cokeman
22nd Jan 2008, 19:24
EU01,

It's only my own guess about this matter we in the orange outfit don't know much about any plans before you do. However in a recent interview A. Harrisson said that EZY had been observing the Scandinavian market for a while and had come to the conclusion that neither SAS or Sterling had the slightest idea of how to run an airline properly. He then said that the Scandinavian market soon were about to see orange coloured planes and he didn't see any difficulties in competing against them.

Obviously there's plenty of space for more low cost companies even in Denmark! Look at Ryanair they have just announced their 9th route out of Billund within a year :eek:

Swedish operators have never got the hang of it operating an airline, loads of companies have gone bust over the last 20 years. The only ones surviving are SAS Sweden, Skyways and Malmo aviation, none of them are doing too well :\

Norway seem to do better with Norwegian and wideroe but Norwegian are not very big compared to EZY or FR. Wiederoe are primarily doing domestic, different market.
When all come to all now a days I believe pax loyalty are proportional with the ticket prize. So the company with the best prize wins regardless of what country the company comes from

Finland I don't know much about except Sterling tried 2 years ago with a Helsinki base. They said they needed 6-7months to start making a profit but gave up after 2 :eek:

Tom the Tenor,

I guess the only reason you remember the orange Airbus coming to ORK is probably because of the slide being deployed on the maiden flight while RTE was filming on location...... :sad:

Tom the Tenor
22nd Jan 2008, 19:59
Far fonder and more cheerful memories than that, my friend. I suppose the slide was a funny episode though all right though. RTE would never have been that interested in a Cork aviation story - it was the TV3 crew that were in the right place at the right time - at least the welcome arrival of easyJet at Cork was thought a good enough story for airing.

Charlie Roy
22nd Jan 2008, 20:12
I feel that Cork Airport has easyJet to thank for having a Gatwick link today eventhough they withdrew and let it with Ryanair.

BMI Baby were quite content to fly the Gatwick to Cork route before Easyjet muscled in on them.
Everyone remembers Ryanair bullying Easyjet off the route, but no one remembers Easyjet bullying BMI Baby off the route in the first place :ouch:

Tom the Tenor
22nd Jan 2008, 20:42
Fair comment, there. bmi baby ought to have based an aeroplane in Cork and they would have hoovered up a lot more than just Gatwick. Could have created a good little niche for themselves with the choice of a 737-500 or 737-300 as per the season.

flyzen
23rd Jan 2008, 07:41
Regarding the possible flights EZY to/from Dublin, it seems (from a french source) that EZY requested from the COHOR (french slots autotity) slots for 2 daily CDG/DUB
Wait and see, slots requested dont mean flights !

aerospace
23rd Jan 2008, 10:11
"Easy's model is, as has been stated by MUFC, to offer higher frequency between principal cities/airports, rather than lower frequency between secondary cities/airports.

Neither of these companies would benefit from a head-to-head 'fight' - all that would do is reduce yields and thus profitability. That's why they very rarely compete directly."

This is what though easyJet and many people since the beginning of their operations. But I think the last 6 months showed a new trend in the strategy of Ryanair. Ryanair doesn't fear anymore to attack EZY head to head on main UK/continental EZY protected airports. You said they very rarely compete directly. This was true 1 year ago, this is not true anymore.

Look at Ryanair attacks on Belfast or Bristol. Look at all the routes that are now operated by both carriers (you may be surprised there): BSLALC, STNEDI, EDIALC, STNVLC, EMAALC, LPL and London Belfast, LPLALC, PLPKRK, LPLMAD, LPLAGP, STNVLC, STNLEI, STNFAO etc
Plus, for example when Ryanair opens a EMAGRO route for example, it grabs automatically some passengers (especially pure leisure and 2nd home owners travellers) from EZY EMABCN service. Whatever the business model, FR expansion on the UK market is not a good news for EZY.

Don't you think that it was more EZY’s role and interest to open new routes/base at Birmingham? Leisure but also business travellers potential is not bad there. Probably they studied the ASM and said "no, not enough space for us with bmi and flybe presences". But Ryanair just saw a new opportunity to close the airport expansion possibilities of EZY. I don't know if you will disagree with me, but when Ryanair opened bases at Belfast, Bristol, BOH or Birmingham (and eventually at BSL, EDI and MAN), it takes many passengers from EZY. EZY current solution is to increase their yield (if they want to keep the same revenue) so to dilute its image of low fare airline, which is very risky...

I am maybe a bit pessimistic about EZY situation, but Ryanair current performance is also bad. Their new bases are disasters. I really think that an attack of EZY on the DUB market, as well as many others possible solutions, would put Ryanair into big troubles.

Gate22, I am almost certain that DUB is rather an open airport in terms of slots availability compared with many others European airports. I think EZY is shy, and not only on the irish and uk market, but also on the Nordic market, on the Eastern countries market, on the Spain-Italy market etc etc
They are not shy on the French market and it will probably become one of their best assets. But Ryanair is a bulldozer, and you could be sure they won’t stop their expansion soon

hotelmodemetar
24th Jan 2008, 17:11
Look at Ryanair attacks on Belfast or Bristol. Look at all the routes that are now operated by both carriers (you may be surprised there): BSLALC, STNEDI, EDIALC, STNVLC, EMAALC, LPL and London Belfast, LPLALC, PLPKRK, LPLMAD, LPLAGP, STNVLC, STNLEI, STNFAO etc
Plus, for example when Ryanair opens a EMAGRO route for example, it grabs automatically some passengers (especially pure leisure and 2nd home owners travellers) from EZY EMABCN service. Whatever the business model, FR expansion on the UK market is not a good news for EZY.

aerospace I do agree with you.
Ryanair tends to fly more and more towards main airports all over europe and north Africa, and prices are still incredibly low.
Most of spanish airports are main airports (Valencia, Alicante, Malaga, Madrid, Murcia, Sevilla, Jerez, canaries, etc...) and lots of "secondary" airports are clearly an asset rather than a negative point (Santander Vs Bilbao... ).

On the other hand, it's quite funny to see easyJet introducing some new airports on its network ( Biarritz, Montpellier, Nantes,....) where Ryanair has always been already !

Caudillo
24th Jan 2008, 20:06
Yes that is funny, har-har.

monkey lover
24th Jan 2008, 22:39
MPL and NTE wernt they inherited from GB?

hotelmodemetar
25th Jan 2008, 07:30
By the way are NTE, MPL, BIQ, etc considered as "main" or "secondary" airports ? :)

What do you reckon Gaudillo :ooh: ?

monkey lover
25th Jan 2008, 19:09
Regional perhaps, but they are advertised as such and not (NTE Paris West) for example

hotelmodemetar
25th Jan 2008, 21:09
Regional perhaps, but they are advertised as such and not (NTE Paris West) for example

That's right but Ryanair does the same as well !

How many airports do easyJet and Ryanair have in common in Portugal, Spain, UK, France, Italy, Morocco, Hungary, Malta,..?.... Have a look at both maps and count them by yourself, I am sure you will be surprised about the result ;)

I think it's time now to stop considering Ryanair as just "the airline that flies you to Girona instead of Barcelona and Beauvais instead of Charles de Gaulle"... The strategy seems to be drifting toward something that might upset more and more easyJet, WiZzair, Vueling, in the future...
What if CDG or/and BCN decides to build up a low cost terminal on the same model as MRS or MAD ?!!

And bear in mind that Ryanair will always be extremely cheap not because of some "secondary" airports, but mainly thanks to the cash they get from all the local provinces, staff employed under real "low cost" conditions (self sponsored training and hotac for pilots, cabine crew, etc, uniform expenses, medical/sim, etc..).

TartinTon
26th Jan 2008, 07:43
If BCN decided to build a lcc terminal it would make no difference as slots there are like hen's teeth! Hence the appalling slots J2 tried to operate from MAN last year. Unless the Spanish decide to offer more than the 4 additional slots per hour they added a couple of years ago when they opened the new runway.

cesare.caldi
26th Jan 2008, 17:07
Easyejt from tomorrow change terminal at CDG and move all flights from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2B

Glenn@LTN
26th Jan 2008, 20:44
easyJet flights out of LTN today operated to Terminal 2B

Glenn

Captain_Caveman
26th Jan 2008, 20:51
"easyJet flights out of LTN today operated to Terminal 2B"

The terminal change to T2B takes place on Sunday 27th along with a change of handling agents from Swissport to Europe Air Handing.

The CDG base will then open in a couple of weeks time.

cesare.caldi
26th Jan 2008, 21:09
Easyjet from CDG Terminal 2B will use gate with finger or bus?

Direct VTB
27th Jan 2008, 13:36
Heard a rumour the other day (hence its on here) that Easyjet are looking into taking over the scheduled side from Monarch...
Anyone know or heard any more about this?

Airbourne-Adamski
27th Jan 2008, 14:05
Direct VTB.........

Not sure who or where you work, but i am at easy, What i shall do is keep my ears open and see what galley fm gossip comes up.
I would say this is a new one to me.

Is it a case you heard easy taking over monachs scheduled services, but monarch keeping the charter side?

TartinTon
27th Jan 2008, 14:06
Absolute horsesh*t, I'd say. It's not exactly easy to split off the scheduled side from the charter side as the aircraft are essentially shared (although some a/c only do scheduled and some only do charter it is essentially a shared fleet). It's not as if the owner is short of cash!! Currently #336 in the worlds rich list (according to Forbes) with a pile of cash worth $2.7 Billion and growing!

SOPS
27th Jan 2008, 14:09
Who owns Monarch as a matter of interest?

PilotsOfTheCaribbean
27th Jan 2008, 14:10
Could be the other way around then ? ;)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/richlist/person/0,,37757,00.html

Airbourne-Adamski
27th Jan 2008, 14:10
Just read a thread in 'Rumours' that rumours (obviously) are starting to float around that easy are looking to buy Monarchs scheduled side of the airline.

Not sure where the person works or is from who started the thread but seems like an interesting rumour.

411A
27th Jan 2008, 14:17
I would certainly hate to see Monarch disappear....of all the airlines I have done sub-service flying for in the past, the folks at Monarch are truly the most professional, by quite some measure, without a doubt.

kms901
27th Jan 2008, 15:28
I have travelled with Monarch on scheduled services a few times.It has been most pleasant, and I hope nothing changes.

MUFC_fan
27th Jan 2008, 15:53
That would REALLY put EZY into a nice cosy MAN position.

Personally, I hope this is complete rubbish as I like the ZB service compared to the EZY where you get treated very well (not that you don't with EZY!:ok:)

757_Driver
27th Jan 2008, 17:52
I sincerely hope not.
Ezy may be many things to many people, but a good service it is not.
I recently flew to Sharm with GB, good leg room, free food, free IFE, free baggage allowance for scuba gear, priority check-in and boarding with kids.

same service now on Ezy, less leg room, no food, no IFE, reduced baggage allowance, no extra sporting baggage allowance - not even to buy - to one of the worlds most popular diving destinations :rolleyes:, no sitting together guarantee with the kids, much worse flight times.
Ahh but at least its cheaper I hear you all say.
Well, no actually its not, it's more expensive than GB used to be, and hence much more expensive than the other offereings - TCX, XL, MON etc, which are positively full of frills compared with Ezy.

I sincerly hope that monarch stays, the world needs services where we are not all treated like cattle.
Some people like the Ezy product, but some of us like a choice, and choose a 'better' product even if it costs more (which it often doesn't)

Musket90
27th Jan 2008, 18:16
Makes sense if EZY are looking at continued expansion at LGW where Monarch have some prime time slots and operate to similar destinations with Airbus fleet. May give opportunity to do the same at MAN where Monarch have established scheduled base.

Chequeredflag
27th Jan 2008, 18:24
I certainly hope not. We flew with Monarch to Lanzarote last month, and they were very good indeed. Spotless A321, cabin crew that looked and acted like professionals, and £20 extra for 34" seat pitch well worth it for a 4 hour flight.

We are definitely Monarch fans, and would hate to see it downgraded!

Anti-ice
27th Jan 2008, 18:49
I sure hope Monarch see the opportunity to add Las Palmas to their schedule flights now that GB have gone ...

Gran Canaria is still a really popular destination,and the GB flights were always full/busy in club.

There are still many who want a preferential service to this sunny island, and who would pay extra for better seats and some service on this longer european route , than suffer what ezy have to offer.

Ezy are fine for quick 1-2 hour hops,but not 4 hours :yuk:

chiglet
27th Jan 2008, 18:51
recently flew to Sharm with GB, good leg room, free food, free IFE,

same service now on Ezy, less leg room, no food, no IFE,

Sorry, but nil comprende.....same a/c different service? :confused:
watp,iktch

easy1
27th Jan 2008, 19:28
oh blah blah blah blah, easyjet is s:mad:, easyjet is c:mad:, yes yes the same old story. Every airline is s:mad: when you look at it from this angle. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH. Next time break down the costs of your ticket, i think you'll find that on every airline such as BA, AA, KLM, SINGAPORE AIRLINES, MALAYSIA i could go on it is all included in your ticket.
The amount of people who slate easyjet and say they get nothing for free!! That's life. You tell me an airline that GIVES YOU FREE STUFF and i will be amazed.
Please don't get my wrong it has it faults but hey thats life!:D:D:D:D

Here&there
27th Jan 2008, 19:29
[quote]
recently flew to Sharm with GB, good leg room, free food, free IFE,

same service now on Ezy, less leg room, no food, no IFE,

sorry, but since when Easy fly to Sharm ?????? :confused: as far as I know they don't fly there.

757_Driver
27th Jan 2008, 19:36
I didn't say ezy was crap, and I know you get what you pay for. I don't beleive however that everybody wants cheap, cheap, cheap. Some of us are willing to pay a bit more for a better service.

However I don't beleive the lo-cost model works eveywhere, as evidenced by the longer GB routes, taken over by ezy. Ezy no-frills service, but not however best in class prices, any more.
I've not looked into all of the GB routes, however as a keen diver I keep an eye on sharm flight prices, and you can't escape the fact that ezy are near the top of the list for the price to go to sharm, and definately at the bottom of the list for whats included in that price.

If everyone only cared about price, we'd all fly ryanair, live in a slum, and drive hyundai craplets.
There's room for Ryanair and Ezy, and there's room for a better service on other carriers.

tedbud
27th Jan 2008, 19:54
can't see this happening. Think ezy have bitten off more than they thought they could stomach with the GB acquisition. Also, even if they were considering buying another airline, they almost certainly wouldn't be doing it before the end of the summer at the earliest. Can't logically see why ezy would seriously consider a bid for Monarch, as unlike GB, the fleet is varied to ay the least.

Sounds like a rumour from a GB person to me...:D

really not
27th Jan 2008, 19:55
oh blah blah blah blah, easyjet is s, easyjet is c, yes yes the same old story. Every airline is s when you look at it from this angle. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH. Next time break down the costs of your ticket, i think you'll find that on every airline such as BA, AA, KLM, SINGAPORE AIRLINES, MALAYSIA i could go on it is all included in your ticket.
The amount of people who slate easyjet and say they get nothing for free!! That's life. You tell me an airline that GIVES YOU FREE STUFF and i will be amazed.
Please don't get my wrong it has it faults but hey thats life

That's why ezy (GB) were/are still taking bookings at the full club fare for later on this year when the service will not exist. Watch "Watchdog" on the BBCi player and see an EZY exec squirm

Wingswinger
27th Jan 2008, 20:06
Don't worry, after the first season easy will drop the longer routes it has acquired with GB and redeploy the aircraft where they will better fit the LoCo business model. I don't think the 321 will be retained either - 210 passengers and their bags off and another 210 and their bags on in a 30 minute turn around? I don't think so. We often struggle to do it with 156 on the 319.

Monarch? Not likely at the moment, I think, with 2008 looking uncertain and hands full integrating GB. I rather think the high-priced help at Hangar 89 will just wait to see which competitors go to the wall in 08/09 and expand into the vacuum when the time is right. But what do I know? I'm only a pilot and the CEO has already reneged on one of his pronouncements when he decided to buy GB.

easy1
27th Jan 2008, 20:09
757 driver

:}Yes sunshine. It's called making money, nothing wrong with that, it's how we all stay in our jobs, clearly you know nothing about it,:ugh:

FACT#1: EZY are keeping all the a/c so you can still book club class etc, as for the price well if the seats are there charge the poor b:mad: the same why not?!!!!:ok:

FACT #2: EZY are welcoming all GB crew to our network:ok:

FACT #3: EZY have no plans to repaint the GB a/c in the near future, the only thing that changes is that it will have a new boss:}

easy1
27th Jan 2008, 20:13
Well if you're willing to pay for a 'better' service then do it and stop slagging EZY, RyanAir and all the other LoCo ops off, what a :mad: pointless chat this has been.

girtbar
27th Jan 2008, 20:33
Easy1 i don't think you took on board what some people where saying. They weren't slating EasyJet for it being cheap and with no frills service, its the fact EasyJet are more often than not MORE expensive than the full frills airlines, thats where the problem lies. With EasyJet taking over these routes its reducing the seats available to certain destinations along with all the frills such as extra leg room, large allowance for sport equipment etc.

There no question that on the short flights then EasyJet are more than acceptable to fly with. However on longer flights, 4 hrs plus, thats where people's endurance of the 29" non reclining seat reduces and full frills airlines are more favorable.

Take a chill pill mate!

p.s before you shoot me down in flames to i also work for the orange brigade.

Coffee Black None
27th Jan 2008, 20:34
Crystal ball says Vueling.

BitMoreRightRudder
27th Jan 2008, 20:38
Yep. But after they have collapsed.

haughtney1
27th Jan 2008, 20:38
Easy1, I'd suggest you go back and READ whats been written in regards to the orange order..........failing that, get rid of the toxic mentality before a mod gets rid of it for you:=

queenvic
27th Jan 2008, 20:40
It would also be in an extremely powerful position at LGW.

EZY + GB + ZB

757_Driver
27th Jan 2008, 20:45
why don't you actually read what I said easy1, and take your size 10's out of your mouth.

I don't work for easy so i don't know all the details, however it has been stated in the press, by an easy exec that the GB 321's are being changed to easy seat pitch (28"?). Also where GB gave you 32kg baggage allowance, plus another bag of up to 32kg for diving, easy are giving you 20kg and charging 6 quid per kilo for your dive bag. (180 quid for me!). And for all this Ezy are charging MORE than BA did for the GB flights, which is about 10-20% MORE than MON, TCX and XL charge for the same route.

Like others have said, Ezy for 1-2 hours? maybe if the price is right. For 4-5 hours? No 'kin way thank you, whatever the price. If its actually more expensive then it's a complete no brainer.

I'm aware of the profit motive thank you very much, and well aware of how the business world works. Chill mate.

stellair
27th Jan 2008, 20:48
Anyone would think you just called his mum a ****! I'm glad I don't have to spend 4 sectors a day sitting next to you! Chill.....imagine what he'll be like when he grows up. :E

757_Driver
27th Jan 2008, 20:53
Anyone would think you just called his mum a ****! I'm glad I don't have to spend 4 sectors a day sitting next to you! Chill.....

me or him?
I don't do 4 sector days. When would I eat my free lunch, drink my free cofee and do my su-doku? :}

stellair
27th Jan 2008, 20:58
No I was talikg about Easy, you have been perfectly calm 757, it must be the free food.

I have to take my own grub to work, then again the only seats on my plane are the ones up front and that makes it all ok :E

Cool Wavy NG738
27th Jan 2008, 21:03
So after all of that the general consensus is that it is all a load of old nonsense re: Monarch. Well now there's a surprise.

I have to agree though that easyJet are probably pushing their luck by subjecting the customers to 5hrs on a SSH/HRG with no recline or IFE, my outfit has both, and even though they pay by and large bottom dollar the customers start getting very nasty when supplies of food/drink run low.

Joe_Bar
27th Jan 2008, 21:05
So, you will be using XL or TCX and save some money on your next trip to Sharm.

If EZ does not deliver a product that the customers are looking for these companies should have great loads to look forward to.

JB

TheSwede
27th Jan 2008, 21:12
Why on earth would EZY buy Monarch scheduled? With GB onboard they already fly almost all of the Monarch routes.

Of course they will put 180 seats in the A320 and 220 in the A321. As for the A321 I think they will alter the rutes seved according to season. Morning domestics. Canary Island flights in winter, adding Saturday Genevas in the early spring and PMI/ALC/AGP during the whole summer.

Musket90
27th Jan 2008, 22:07
I have flown several times with EZY and the service was excellent. Any complimentary elements provided by MON are not part of EZY and this reflects the low cost model. Bought coffees/sandwiches etc and enjoyed. I'd be happy to fly to any MON destination with EZY. Modern Airbus fleet, good hard working and smiling cabin crew always make you feel welcome. OK seat pitch may be slightly less, but does that matter so much. No problem for me and I'm sure many others.

Captain_Caveman
27th Jan 2008, 22:18
easyJet will be repainting the aircraft in the next few months, firstly into a hybrid scheme and then eventually into the full EZY scheme

Dont expect the inflight entertainment to disappear on the long sectors. Why get rid of it when it can provide extra commercial revenue !!!

The aircraft seating capacity on A320/1 will be increased as well but will not have as many seats as some operators cram in !!!!

Keep smiling

:ugh:

Captain_Caveman
27th Jan 2008, 22:29
cesare.caldi, Today I believe most of the flights if not all were airbridge/finger

BYALPHAINDIA
27th Jan 2008, 22:37
Rumoured Easyjet buying Monarch...
Heard a rumour the other day (hence its on here) that Easyjet are looking into taking over the scheduled side from Monarch...
Anyone know or heard any more about this?

Now that would be a 'Disaster' for the UK's Heritage:ugh::ugh:

Monarch are just about the only Traditional Independant UK Airline left.

Do you really think the MON Board would dissapear and change the airline into 'Orange'

I often have worrying thoughts of there only being 5 scheduled Airlines left in the UK.

1 BA
2 BD
3 EZY
4 FR
5 VS

And 10 years later maybe less than that???

I agree with 757 Driver and the others, Cost is not everything, Quality is often better than Quantity.

And remember, EZY & FR are not everyone's 'cup of tea' just because they are doing well, It doesn't make it 'mandatory' for everyone to take part.:=

I think some people are getting too 'obsessed' by EZY & FR and are forgetting about our other Airlines that have served this country well before EZY & FR were even born..:*

Okay, Give EZY & FR a base at MAN, but after 2 years we will all be sick of the sight of them both.

Like LTN, all it is now is orange, And little else.:rolleyes:

You go out and find me an Airline with a 'better' track and service record than Monarch....:hmm:

And for Monarch to finish - that would be a nail in Britain's coffin.:=

paul1111
27th Jan 2008, 23:19
I have to agree with the people who don't find EZY offers the best money/service trade off. On routes I regularly fly the so-called full service airlines offer similar prices to EZY and they have a vastly superior check-in experience, better food on board (and it's included in the price so you don't have to fumble for change) and better baggage allowance.

These days I always check all the airline options available when booking a trip, and EZY is usually at the bottom of my list.

red 5
28th Jan 2008, 01:51
That would explain why there's been so many senior people from monarch in easyland lately then.

Mr @ Spotty M
28th Jan 2008, 05:15
"Red 5", just maybe if Monarch has been at Easyland, they are there for something else.
Remember MON are taking two ex A321s this year and maybe Easy are talking of off loading more?

Wigster
28th Jan 2008, 09:28
Just to add my bit, l had indeed heard the rumour about the EZY buyout of Monarch and the source who told me implied the timescale was within 18 months so the dust would have well and truly settled on the GB takeover. This would gain two things ; 1. more capacity out of LGW including a possible move into North Terminal for all EZY flights as has been looked at. There is talk of BA shorthaul clearing out of LGW within 5 years so the door is open. 2. Expansion for EZY out of MAN which again is something that has been looked at, particularly since the GB buy.

Wellington Bomber
28th Jan 2008, 09:29
BYALPHAINDIA

What about Eastern, Air Southwest, Highland, Logan Air or are they not included because they dont fly to Palma

James 1077
28th Jan 2008, 09:34
Isn't it the case that until easyJet actually buy GB (probably sometime this week) the seats will continue to be sold by BA?

If the sale fell through then it would continue as if nothing had actually happened - hence BA are still selling biz tickets on the flights and also are still in charge of pricing. Given that BA are going to start flying some of the routes themselves after the takeover it therefore also makes sense for them to stick the prices up on the GB routes as then people will book their flights rather than GB's.

The current eJ advertising of these new routes is due to a) the sale being almost guaranteed and b) eJ having a codeshare arrangement for the summer in case it does all fall through.

Binder
28th Jan 2008, 10:34
Just over a year ago Liz Savage, easy's young business development director left easy for a similar position at Monarch.

Happened rather quickly!

Draw one's own conclusions!

Binder

Flitefone
28th Jan 2008, 12:14
I believe Liz was Director Strategy at EZY and is MD of Monarch Scheduled...

atmosphere
28th Jan 2008, 13:00
If you look at how "out of the blue" the GB buy was, with no hint of rumour!? I hardly think they would leak a MON purchase 18 months before it's supposed to happen!

Untill the papers are signed I wont believe it!

Caudillo
28th Jan 2008, 14:19
Isn't the rumour of BA clearing out of Gatwick as old as BA being at Gatwick...?

360uk
28th Jan 2008, 17:19
A couple of posters have mentioned MON legroom and compared it with EZY legroom. Monarch's minimum is 28". The minimum for EZY is 29". However MON do have 29" in some of their aircraft (and more room on long haul aircraft but that's not relevant on an EZY forum). I will try and dig out the CAA statistics.

Also with regards to IFE, it has been confirmed that easyJet will be using it on the ex GB fleet. EZY have recently recruited someone to be in-charge of IFE.
IFE will soon no longer be free on Monarch, even on their scheduled services. It has been confirmed they will charge for headsets. I am not sure if this has started.

From a passenger point of view, apart from allocated seating, I think IFE was one of the key differences between Monarch Scheduled and easyJet. Now that easyJet are getting it, I think it is becoming harder and harder to tell the two airlines apart. Well, apart from the horrible Orange colour!

I would personally be surprised if EZY do buy Monarch. Will keep my ears open!

A4
28th Jan 2008, 17:39
@James 1077

As far as I'm aware the deal is done. Signed, sealed and delivered!

A4

Mr @ Spotty M
28th Jan 2008, 17:53
By the way the OFT has approved the GB merger today.
The following is also mentioned.
"It noted the remaining competition on routes from London to Alicante/Murcia, Malaga, Faro, Ibiza, Mahon, Palma and Marrakech was not enough to dismiss concerns.
However, the OFT concluded: "The likelihood of further entry and/or expansion on the routes is sufficient to constrain the parties [easyJet and GB Airways] post-merger."

flyer55
28th Jan 2008, 20:00
Dont think EZY will be in north terminal long . Thomson are moving to north in april and flybe wants to move terminals to the north

Virgin also looked into moving into North as well !

Cuillin
28th Jan 2008, 20:04
Monarch actually looked at buying GB as well but didn't take it any further as they considered them overpriced.

shamrock7seal
28th Jan 2008, 23:51
this is a classic situation before heading into economic slow-down:

a sifting of good from the bad, the strong from the weak... the weaker airlines will be left on the way-side unless they have some potential - like Monarch Scheduled. In this case easyJet would be using common sense to purchase them; plus Monarch must be searching for someone as they are feeling the pinch from the economic conditions, being so independant is not good in a market that is all but disappearing (IT/charter).

I suppose the A300's/330's/B767's will be disposed of.

22/04
29th Jan 2008, 01:26
Would have thought the MON charter business might be viable as a charter/subbing operation or could offered for sale

What about engineering? Agian probably viable.

Personally would be sad to see Monarch go- the only continuious link with Aprl 1968 when I first watched at EGGW. Now the only survivor from that summer is BMI for how long?

mikerawsonderby
29th Jan 2008, 18:46
Press reports today are suggesting that Stelios is after Silverjet. "Stelios has always wanted to fly to the States, but has never known quite how to do it" (or something like that).

Mike

monkey lover
29th Jan 2008, 18:49
:ugh:Silverjet...hmmmm now that really is a stoopid rumour

mikerawsonderby
29th Jan 2008, 18:54
Don't shoot the messenger

monkey lover
29th Jan 2008, 18:59
I wonder if this is being spread by Silverjet's management trying to get their share price up ?

mikerawsonderby
29th Jan 2008, 19:09
The report states that one of Stelios' directors has been placed on the board at Silverjet.

monkey lover
29th Jan 2008, 19:10
Yes I did hear, but you could also read into Ray Webster being hired by BMi Baby ???

MUFC_fan
29th Jan 2008, 20:14
I suppose the A300's/330's/B767's will be disposed of.

ZB is the scheduled flights operated from MAN, LGW, BHX, LTN (and previously BLK, ABZ and NQY) to Spain, Portugal, the Canaries and Cyprus. They operate A320s and A321s.

MON fly to destinations across the world including Maldives, Mexico and the Caribbean. They operate from many UK airports including those mentioned above and more such as GLA, EDI etc. They carry passengers for not just themselves but also for all the other major UK tour operators such as TOM, TCX etc. They operate B752/A300/A330 (and I think they also use the A321/A320 during the summer - anyone confirm?)

There is a difference and I would be very surprised if the airline were to sell both it's charter arm aswell as the scheduled arm.

However, it would make sense for the airline to sell it's scheduled arm - especially if EZY offer them a good offer. The only problem for EZY is that it would involve thousands more seats to sell to the Spanish hotspots from where it already serves (LTN, LGW and soon to be MAN). It would give EZY a bigger stance at all three bases (like it needs it at the first two:rolleyes:) and would provide more larger a/c. Would alot of the MAN/LPL flights co-inside?

Mr @ Spotty M
29th Jan 2008, 20:40
The Idea MUFC_FAN is not bad, but why would MON be getting 3 more A321 aircraft this summer, which leaves over half the fleet flying schedule, 19 in all.
Also it is believed that Easy my be trying to off load some of the larger airbus's from the GB merger as they do not fit in with overall big picture.
Yes the A300s, A330s and the B767 are planned to be disposed in the next decade after the B787s arrive, but so are a few B757s as well this year.
I think you will find this is just one big rumour and if any truth was in it, a statement would have to be made to stock market.

MUFC_fan
29th Jan 2008, 20:52
Mr @ Spotty M,

I think you cleared that up perfectly - the stock exchange would know if there was a take over in line.

Lets just wait and see what the future beholds...

gate 22
29th Jan 2008, 22:39
EZY have cut back on flights, especially mid-week and to London, from BFS. Does this happen at other UK bases, ie is there a massive down turn in passenger numbers at present across the board.

befree
30th Jan 2008, 11:14
Press reports today are suggesting that Stelios is after Silverjet. "Stelios has always wanted to fly to the States, but has never known quite how to do it" (or something like that).

Mike

I have seen no such press reports. If they were real then the shareprice would have jumped up. Would Mike like to tell us which rag has this story.

I would also be better if "Mike" used the silverjet thread to spread rumour about that airline.

Stelios has no need to take big risks. His timing is starting Easyjet was perfect. Easyjet are well placed to rideout the downturn.

SKY's4ME
30th Jan 2008, 17:14
Gate 22 Easy's not the one to be concerned of at BFS. From what I understand Aer Lingus should be very very worried!! The Poor start they have had as I personally read in the Irish press on trip to DUB last week is not good news. I am sure Easy will be doing everything to dismantle there small scale intrussion into orange territory.

Airbourne-Adamski
30th Jan 2008, 17:31
I have seen no such press reports. If they were real then the shareprice would have jumped up. Would Mike like to tell us which rag has this story.

This is the best I could find regarding easyjet/silverjet ect

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b8225bfc-ca1f-11dc-b5dc-000077b07658.html

Shamrock350
30th Jan 2008, 17:47
SKY's4ME, easyjet haven't had great loads either at BFS recently.

Be careful what you read in the Irish press, they are not always supportive of their national carrier especially since the Shannon-Heathrow fiasco!

Aer Lingus is very confident about Belfast and so is British Airways. Aer Lingus are already seeing a strong performance on BFS-LHR and the other routes which are in direct competition with easy have seen much stronger bookings from around Easter onwards.

The only route I would be worried about is AMS but if and when EI get the KLM code share up an running I think even that route should see a huge improvement.

mikerawsonderby
30th Jan 2008, 18:09
It's not my fault you don't read all of the newspapers! I believe it was in the Evening Standard (at work we get a precis of the industry-related press cuttings each day). And I believe the Easyjet thread was the right one as the article was specifically targetted at Stelios.

Mike (real name)

aerospace
31st Jan 2008, 07:40
The good points for a merger with Monarch or Silverjet is that it won't cost them lots of money in business trips... With the possible merge of Clickair & Vueling (which offices are distant for around 100 m), and EZY with MON or Silverjet (which offices are distant of around 20 m), it looks like in a low cost environment, the merge doesn't depend on network complementarity or potential economies of scale, but only of savings they could do on meeting transportation costs! :-)

More seriously, a merge with one of these airlines will give EZY the opportunity to set up a long haul LCC, so to take an advance on Ryanair, whereas currently EZY is rather late on the project.
That would be very well done!

James 1077
31st Jan 2008, 13:11
According to easyJet's website they completed the purchase of GB Airways today.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
31st Jan 2008, 19:16
Just seen the press release on their website. I see it claims that Lanzarote is new to their network ... they've obviously forgotten that they've been flying there from Madrid since November!!!:=:=

kick the tires
1st Feb 2008, 09:15
the use of 320´s and 321´s is a godsend for EZY.

They are going to be moved to the slot restriced airfields such as LGW, ORY, CDG and evaluated to see if they fit into their model.

They are taking delivery of 200 Airbus´s between now and 2014 and they have options on changing the model of all of them if they give 6 months notice.

tightslop
1st Feb 2008, 14:14
oh don't be such a drama queen!!!!! Legroom isn't that bad on easyJet. try doing sanford on monarch or any charter, you get up to 3" LESS on them!!!!! Easyjet have more legroom than BA shorthaul believe it or not

qwertyuiop
1st Feb 2008, 20:09
Easyjet have a 29 inch pitch. Monarch's smallest pitch is 28 in economy and a clot more in premium. More maths lessons needed tightslop.

rebellion
1st Feb 2008, 21:44
Flying_Clara,

What is it you have against easyJet? Your name is cropping up over all of the easyJet threads putting the company down.

Why?

tightslop
3rd Feb 2008, 14:20
actually easyjet have 30" pitch. Monarch have 27" pitch and MYT TCX have 26" pitch!!

P.S BA's 319's are smaller so will have less seats. Only have 1 pair of overwing exits as easyjets have 2 pairs of exits. The fueselage is longer on EZY!!!!! so you can't compare!!

Curious Pax
3rd Feb 2008, 14:34
The fuselage on all A319s regardless of operator is exactly the same. EZY's 319s are 'specials' with 2 overwing exits on each side so that they can carry 156 pax (think 150 is the limit with a single set of overwing exits).

GW76
3rd Feb 2008, 15:19
Two different lengths of A319 !!! What a hoot.:hmm:

360uk
3rd Feb 2008, 16:19
Lol, the fuselage of BA and EZY A319s are exactly the same.

The reason there are so many seats in EZYs A319s is that there are only two toilets (which I feel is sufficient) and two half galleys rather than full sized galleys, primarily because easyJet only need the one oven for their hot passenger snacks.

The layout works well for easyJet.

In order to give lots of space, the cabin is very "open plan" which is why so many Cabin Crew miss the old 737-700s.

From an article on the Herald Tribune:
"On short-haul flights, between London and Nice, for example, BMI is top with 32 inches, followed by EasyJet (29 to 32 inches) and British Airways (31 inches). EasyJet has the widest seat (18 inches) compared with BMI (17 to 17.5 inches) and BA (17 inches). Grab a seat in the front row of an EasyJet 737 and stretch your legs out as far as you want."

However I think the above was written a while back.

I have done alot of research and I have now established standard pitch for BA Euro Traveller is 31". On some of the old 757s it is 32".
However, in the new A321s it is 30" so it looks like BA plan to give 30" in their new aircraft.

EZY's seats are 1" wider than BA's.

So to be honest there isn't much in it.

For example:
easyJet (ex GB A321, when fitted in EZY layout) 29" Pitch (seat 1" wider than BA).
British Airways A321 30" Pitch (seat 1" narrower than EZY).

The minimum seat width on the old EZY ex Go 737s was 17.3" but these have long gone now.

Powerjet1
4th Feb 2008, 09:43
Easyjet shares down nearly 10% today. Probably a direct response to ryans poor Q3 results and outlook for 2008/9.

bce
6th Feb 2008, 12:45
Hello

Does anyone know when will easyjet open the bookings for RAK and CMN from LYS for after June2008 ?

Thanks

cesare.caldi
6th Feb 2008, 17:44
All new route from LYS and CDG base are on sale until 31 may.

atmosphere
7th Feb 2008, 10:05
https://access.easyjetairline.com/f5-w-687474703a2f2f696e73696465$$/internalnews/PublishingImages/2008%20images/paris_opening.JPG

07/02/2008 Andy Harrison, easyJet’s Chief Executive, today officially opened the airline’s 19th base at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, with an inauguration ceremony held in front of the Eiffel Tower (see picture) in the presence of the French Minister for tourism and consumption, Luc Chatel.
The new base at France’s most important airport is part of a €600m investment over a four-year-period that will strengthen easyJet’s position as the second largest airline in France. The investment will enable easyJet to increase its fleet in France from 6 based aircraft to 20 and to double the number of passengers from 6 million in 2007 to 12 million in 2011.

Initially three brand-new Airbus A319 aircraft will be based at Charles de Gaulle Airport, an investment of €120 million which will create around 120 jobs for pilots and cabin crews. In addition to 11 existing routes at Charles de Gaulle, easyJet launches six new routes to Hamburg, Krakow, Venice, Biarritz, Porto and Marrakesh.

With two bases in Paris, easyJet will offer 28 routes to domestic, European and North African destinations from the French capital, where 4 million passengers are expected this year.

On 4 April, easyJet will launch its third base in France in Lyon, the country’s second most important economic centre, and will become the first low-fares airline to offer French domestic flights outside of Paris. The decision to open two bases in France within a two-month-period underlines France’s importance as one of the key growth markets for easyJet.

easyJet already operates 50 routes from 14 airports across the country (Paris CDG, Paris Orly, Lyon, Grenoble, Nice, Marseille, Toulouse, Biarritz, Bordeaux, La Rochelle, Montpellier, Nantes, Bastia and Ajaccio). In the first half of this year, a further 23 routes will be launched.

At a press conference in Paris today, Andy Harrison, easyJet’s Chief Executive, commented:

“easyJet’s unique combination of low fares, care and convenience has proven to be very popular in France over the last 12 years, and there is a strong desire among consumers for more choice. With a lost-cost penetration that is half the European average, France's air transport market still suffers from a lack of affordable, direct air links and therefore offers huge opportunities for easyJet.

Today’s event is a vital first step in our major investment that will see us double our presence in France by 2011 as we seek to bring the benefits of easyJet to France’s air travellers and its wider society. We will be employing French people and flying French passengers from France’s major airports on aircraft from Toulouse-based Airbus. No wonder we consider ourselves as the best French alternative to Air France.

easyJet is currently France’s second largest airline with a 6% market share. Air France currently controls 55% of the market.

Overview of new routes from Paris CDG

Routes / Frequency / Start date / Lowest fare

Paris CDG - Biarritz Twice day -7 February 2008 €31,49
Paris CDG - Porto Daily - 8 February 2008 €31,49
Paris CDG - Venice - 9 per week 15 February 2008 €38,49
Paris CDG - Marrakech - Daily 15 February 2008 €38,49
Paris CDG – Krakow - Daily 15 February 2008 €31,49
Paris CDG - Hamburg - Twice day 5 March 2008 €31,49

djkenrob
7th Feb 2008, 14:34
Does anyone know if EZY will continue with Liverpool to Nice in October, I am waiting to get 40 pax out and heard a rumour they were pulling the route.

cesare.caldi
7th Feb 2008, 20:57
Does anyone know if EZY will continue with Liverpool to Nice in October, I am waiting to get 40 pax out and heard a rumour they were pulling the route.

Maybe is a seasonal summer route?

cesare.caldi
7th Feb 2008, 21:07
Easyjet is ready to annunce two new route:

GVA-NAP 4x week days 1-3-5-7 from 21 April
GVA-OVD 3x week days 2-4-6 from 22 April

one post only!
8th Feb 2008, 08:08
Don't think the route is going to be pulled. Not really heard any rumours to say so. Generally quite full so doubt they would pull it.

Charlie Roy
8th Feb 2008, 09:39
GVA-NAP 4x week days 1-3-5-7 from 21 April
GVA-OVD 3x week days 2-4-6 from 22 April

These are now on sale.
Also: Lyon - Biarritz

topos
12th Feb 2008, 13:19
Hiy asorry to post here but I just want to know if any of you know when easyjet will have their flight schedule up for october, from newcastle to paris, October is in the drop down menu but it doesnt let you select it.

cesare.caldi
18th Feb 2008, 17:41
Easyjet open 3 new seasonal summer route:

SXF-IBZ 3x week
SXF-HER 2x week
CDG-IBZ 3x week

airhumberside
25th Feb 2008, 17:46
Easyjet are pulling out of Gdansk due to low demand. The destination was only started in October, served from LGW, BRS, BFS and EDI. Now have Easyjet route planning got things wrong big time or is this not the real reason? One or two routes failing maybe, but all four?

BFS101
25th Feb 2008, 18:06
Airhumberside,
Do you know when this is effective from??
Have booked to travel Belfast - Gdansk in March, flights still on sale, should I be okay??

eu01
25th Feb 2008, 18:55
The routes end as follows:
EDI - 22 April
LGW - 11 May
BRS - 20 May
Belfast - 20 May

paris123
25th Feb 2008, 19:28
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew when this route would go on sale for October? Seems odd that it's still not available. I think it's the same from LGW too.
Thanks for your help!

Charlie Roy
26th Feb 2008, 09:16
If it's any help Transavia's Orly to Marrakech flights for October are already on sale and well cheap too :cool:

ICING AOA
27th Feb 2008, 11:16
what's going on with the PMI-MAD ?
spanish market is not that easy, isnt it ?

Defruiter
28th Feb 2008, 23:26
Couldn't really find an appropriate place in the forum to post this, so thought this would be the best place. (Mods feel free to move it if there is somewhere more suitable)

If there is an Easyjet pilot based out of Gatwick reading this - could you drop me a quick PM please? I have a question.

Many thanks :)

cesare.caldi
29th Feb 2008, 21:04
Easyjet add two new A319 to MXP base from June (from 8 to 10 plane based) and increase some frequency:

MXP-CTA from 2x to 3x daily
MXP-PMO from 2x to 3x daily
MXP-ATH from 1x to 2x daily
MXP-LIS from daily to 11x week
MXP-AGP from 5x week to 8x week

Probably will be annunced soon new seasonal summer route from MXP to Greek Islands.

Serenity
2nd Mar 2008, 09:01
I see Easy are off to the north terminal at LGW, the ticket desk is already up and waiting.

Captain_Caveman
2nd Mar 2008, 09:13
I see Easy are off to the north terminal at LGW, the ticket desk is already up and waiting.

There will be two sales desks, one for each terminal. The one in the north terminal is up and running early because of lots of enquires regarding EZY. I believe the desk is jointly manned by Menzies and ba unti thehandover in a few weeks. :ouch:

ryanairbitch
2nd Mar 2008, 09:26
Looks like Pam Ann (Donna) will have to find another joke about easyJet crew wishing to move to LGW North one day.

Im not being a snob but, I really do think low cost airlines should be kept apart in major airports like LGW. Mutten dressed at lamb comes to mind.

RyanairBitch

WexCan
2nd Mar 2008, 19:03
Neither terminal at LGW is currently in a position to accomodate the entire easyJet operation this summer, so the terminal split is required. There will be some shifts of other airlines between terminals and I imagine at the end of the summer EZY will start looking at their options - either all north, all south or continue with the split.

Personally I believe everything will move to the south, but EZY have always had an interest in the north because of the better facilities, so that might well happen.

22/04
2nd Mar 2008, 21:26
Trouble is anyone serious about travellig in Europe now flies lo co don't they- unless I'm missing out isn't the only purpose of legacy cariers flying in Europe to feed into long haul.

Apart from a few neo scoalists in Italy and France perhaps.

But then i fly EZY and VS when possible ... some people still seem to fly others.

easyJet Galley King
3rd Mar 2008, 23:40
Easyjet are pulling out of Gdansk due to low demand. The destination was only started in October, served from LGW, BRS, BFS and EDI. Now have Easyjet route planning got things wrong big time or is this not the real reason? One or two routes failing maybe, but all four?

Interesting, as the flights out of Bristol are near full most of the time. I personally haven't heard about us dropping GDN, and website shows it being served (from BRS atleast) until Sept '08 with a 3x weekly service? Only had the route since this Winter, so cant imagine they'd pull it before Summer?

en2r
3rd Mar 2008, 23:46
Interesting, as the flights out of Bristol are near full most of the time. I personally haven't heard about us dropping GDN, and website shows it being served (from BRS atleast) until Sept '08 with a 3x weekly service? Only had the route since this Winter, so cant imagine they'd pull it before Summer?
Theres a press release on the Gdansk airport website about it so presumably they wouldn't have got it wrong
http://www.airport.gdansk.pl/service/en/index2.php?click=aktualnosci&akt_id=1299#ID1299

Charlie Roy
4th Mar 2008, 00:17
MXP - Brussels, Mikonos, Palma di Mallorca

LGWAlan
4th Mar 2008, 11:58
Any proof of that?

Charlie Roy
4th Mar 2008, 12:24
Those three mentioned MXP routes are bookable.

cesare.caldi
5th Mar 2008, 15:43
Easyjet new route:

MXP-BRU 1x daily from 9 June
MXP-PMI 4x week from 20 June seasonal summer route
MXP-JMK 3x week from 10 June seasonal summer route

From the end of summer MXP-BRU will go to 2x daily

thepeacock
6th Mar 2008, 06:47
Hi All,

Anyone know why is that EZY only have fares bookable until 28SEP while most other airlines follow the traditional schedule release (IATA seasons?) of going until 25OCT.

brakedwell
6th Mar 2008, 15:52
Any sign of Gatwick - Munich?

befree
7th Mar 2008, 06:58
Easyjet have posted a rise in load factor from the core business to 84.6%.
Unlike ryanair the load factor is a lot higher that last year. profits will be under pressure with higher fuel cost but Easyjet seem able to gain load factor.

It comes at a time when ryanair are trying to grab every penny from the pax.

cesare.caldi
7th Mar 2008, 16:20
Anyone know why is that EZY only have fares bookable until 28SEP while most other airlines follow the traditional schedule release (IATA seasons?) of going until 25OCT.

Because at the end of september several seasonal summer route will be closed, so from october will be annunced new route and change of frequency of some old route.

Fred100
25th Mar 2008, 11:54
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I live in Portugal but work for an airline based out of the UK. I travel back home to Portugal about 4 times a month with Easyjet but the prices are getting so expensive that I cant afford to go back more than twice a month.

Does anyone have a spare concession that they could put me on - I will pay this person extra money for every flight that I do on top of the cost of the concession flight because it would still work out cheaper for me.

If anyone can help me out please PM me...

Thanks xx

rebellion
25th Mar 2008, 12:58
Hi Fred, Don't hold your breath. Your asking someone to take a risk with their job doing that.

Why join easyJet yourself? £35 confirmed return flights as soon as you sign up.

:ok:

revo
25th Mar 2008, 15:52
Anyone think EZY will open any more BHX routes? I know GVA has been doing extremely well therefore it will be year round service.

OliWW
26th Mar 2008, 18:06
When are easyjet planning on start to paint GB airways A320's and A321's, they have been in white a good month now for some aircraft

Getoutofmygalley
26th Mar 2008, 19:19
OliWW

Seeing as GB doesn't officially become part of the easyJet brand until this coming Sunday, don't expect to see any orange until this coming Sunday.

The aircraft should have a temporary easyJet livery on them from day 1 of integration, but they won't have a full proper final easyJet livery on them for a couple of months.

It certainly won't be like the take over of 'Go' when Go branded aircraft were still flying the fleet for a couple of years after the final purchase went through.

adam12345
27th Mar 2008, 14:44
Does anybody know if easyjet are looking to start any new services from BHX soon as i hear there Geneva service is very popular. Would be great to see some more easyjet aircraft at BHX.:ok:

SkinHeadFlyer
27th Mar 2008, 17:18
Looks like it's not only MOL who has problems with his website....

As of 17:00 today EZ are having another Spectacular Spring Sale - just like the last one.

One problem - It IS the same spring sale that has sneaked into 'Latest News' on their website. It ended on 4th March by the way! What a spectacular cock-up.

Considering that these pair sell most of their seats online, maybe they'd best get their websites up to date and running smoothly. :ugh:

Wee Weasley Welshman
27th Mar 2008, 18:07
On the day that BA cancelled 35 flights and lost God knows how much baggage on the opening day of the long heralded T5, I think, easyJets Sale promotion on its website doesn't really amount to a 'spectacular cock-up'.....

EI-BUD
30th Mar 2008, 15:12
Does anyone know when/if Easyjet will start Belfast/Manchester route?

There were rumours a few months ago, and in the papers but now no news on it?

EBU42
2nd Apr 2008, 09:37
The french version of the Easyjet website is showing as latest news the fact that it was opening a shuttle plane service between Lyon and St Etienne, with 10 flights a day. Given the airports are 100km apart, does this make sense. There is nothing obvious to say it is an april fool, but it did appear on their site yesterday.

Can anyone shed any light? I fly regularly to STN from Lyon, and live 3 miles from St Etienne airport, so have a more than passing interest.

cesare.caldi
3rd Apr 2008, 18:35
Lyon-St Etienne 10 daily is't an April Fools

eu01
8th Apr 2008, 18:28
Just spotted on the net:
Digital agency, Splendid has been hired by easyJet to help transform the low-cost airline’s website customer experience.

Activity will focus on consumers who visit the easyJet site with a set budget but uncertain of when and where they want to travel.

From its inception, easyJet has led the market through its use of the internet as a ticket distribution channel. It is now looking to the future and redefining its travel portal to offer customers a more intuitive web experience.
(...)
”Only 40% of our customers know precisely when and where they want to go when they visit our site,” says Paul Curtis, Head of Application Architecture at easyJet.

“That leaves as many as 60% of customers looking for inspiration and ideas, and who would consider varying dates and offers. Customers often have a set budget in mind, but are open to new destinations. Most travel portals don’t support these people, and customers spend a lot of time searching around for the best deals.”
(...)
A customer who is less sure of their destination can specify the dates they’d like to travel and their preferred departure location. The map then identifies all the locations they can travel to within those dates and displays fares in real time without the customer having to submit multiple searches.

Using Silverlight, Splendid incorporated a sliding bar to the left of the screen, which helps the user to set their budget for that trip, moving the slider up or down reveals or hides destinations according to their cost criteria.
(...)
”easyJet wanted to explore customer needs throughout the travel lifecycle”, explains Paul Bishop, Managing Director of Splendid. “Using the findings from a programme of user experience research, we were able to map out their journeys and explore whether rich applications could be used to increase the number of flights booked, build customer loyalty and develop new revenue streams.”

In addition to the destination finder, one final concept is a fare finder that gives the user the total price for their party, and lets them flip through different dates easily without resubmitting a query and a chart that helps the customer find the cheapest dates to travel if they’re unsure of their destination.

It is expected that once rolled out, the new site will transform the customer experience of easyJet in 2008. It is hoped the new technologies and intuitiveness implemented offers users far greater flexibility when booking online than competitors can provide, attracting new customers and ultimately resulting in far more bookings with easyJet.
Source: netimperative (http://www.netimperative.com/news/2008/april/7/splendid-revamps-easyjet-website)

parky747
9th Apr 2008, 00:51
Anyone know when or if the GB acquired a/c are going to repainted into easyjet livery?

Getoutofmygalley
9th Apr 2008, 16:02
Sometime between May & October - which is when the cabin interiors are due to be converted.

kingston_toon
10th Apr 2008, 14:40
Easyjet seem to be withdrawing their Gatwick - Bucharest route from the beginning of June. Anyone know if this is definite, and why? Personally, I want to explore the likes of Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine and Croatia (having been most places in Western Europe) but the low-costs haven't really dived in to this market as I thought perhaps they would.

Charlie Roy
10th Apr 2008, 15:08
Wizz fly from Luton to Bucharest if that is any help to you?
Also Luton to Zagreb, Sofia, Bourgas.

Airbourne-Adamski
10th Apr 2008, 16:18
Sorry to throw a cat amoungst the pigeons, but this article has appeared in the Times.

EasyJet has been tipped by The Times as a potential bidder because in January Silverjet appointed Amir Eilon - a former easyJet board member and a close friend of its founder Stelios Haji-Ioannou - as a non-executive director.

An industry insider said Eilon was known as a ‘deal-maker’ in the industry, having helped in the easyJet flotation of 2000.

From 1998-2006 he was a non-executive director of the airline, playing a key role in its takeover of Go and also in the securing of an option to acquire Deutsche BA.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
11th Apr 2008, 11:26
If you look at the Silverjet thread also running on this Forum, you will see that Silverjet have categorically stated that easyJet are not one of the potential bidders. However ... that doesn't stop Stelios doing anything on his own.