PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet - 3

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

gate 22
26th Jul 2007, 14:59
EZY at BFS/NCL

Just a quick question for those in the know. Easyjet have described Bristol as its largest base outside London with 11 based aircraft, it carried 2.7 million passengers in the last 12 months. Now BFS correct me if I am wrong but I think I read somewhere that EZY at BFS carried over 3 million a couple of years ago, so what are the busiest bases outside of London with reference to passenger numbers. Is NCL up there as well. The reason I ask is that both BFS/NCL seem to be being neglected at the moment, and there would be potential at both.

Dragon tracker
26th Jul 2007, 15:09
Might find this is partly to do with the number of pax they capture from outside the core BRS catchment area.

BRS airport boys regularly tell us their catchment population is over 7 million and takes in EXT and CWL markets.

This might be a reason why EZY are showing the growth interests in BRS ahead of NCL and BFS.

In addition, BFS rumours of EI base and new activity with FR at BHD with a limited population in the region will also slow growth.

NCL is also still strong for charter and is looking like a stronger base for LS.

cesare.caldi
27th Jul 2007, 13:32
These are the winter rotations of Easyjet plane based in Glasgow (from monday to friday), there is free space to open a new route... Any rumors?

Plane 1
GLA ALC 8.15 12.25 135
ALC GLA 13.00 15.05 135
GLA AGP 8.00 12.20 24
AGP GLA 12.55 15.15 24
GLA LTN 16.15 17.30
LTN GLA 17.55 19.10
GLA BFS 19.35 20.20
BFS GLA 20.45 21.30

Plane 2
GLA BFS 6.50 7.35
BFS GLA 8.00 8.45
GLA LTN 9.05 10.20
LTN GLA 10.45 12.00
GLA SXF 12.45 15.55
SXF GLA 16.15 17.30
GLA STN 17.55 19.15
STN GLA 19.40 20.55

Plane 3
GLA LTN 7.00 8.15
LTN GLA 8.40 9.55
Free space for new route
Free space for new route
GLA STN 16.00 17.20
STN GLA 17.45 19.00
GLA STN 19.25 20.45
STN GLA 21.10 22.25

Plane 4
GLA STN 6.30 7.50
STN GLA 8.15 9.30
GLA STN 9.55 11.15
STN GLA 11.40 12.55
GLA LTN 13.40 14.55
LTN GLA 15.20 16.35
GLA BFS 17.00 17.45
BFS GLA 18.05 18.45
GLA LTN 19.15 20.30
LTN GLA 20.55 22.10

gate 22
27th Jul 2007, 14:53
there is free space to open a new route... Any rumors?

In the past EZY have shown for 3 rotations to BFS early on when the flights are released, however from past experience they have went up to 4 rotations before the winter starts. EDI/BFS is only showing 3 rotations as well (normally 4) are there gaps in the planes at EDI. If this is the case, plane 3 could do a run to BFS followed by a London/Brs. However EZY may well have reduced BFS/GLA&EDI down to 3.

atmosphere
30th Jul 2007, 11:45
Hey everyone! anyone have any clue as to why the easyjet share price is dropping like a brick in water!?

befree
30th Jul 2007, 13:06
This is not the best place to discuss the madness of the stockmarket.
www.fool.co.uk is a better place.
The drop should however be put in context to the massive rise from around 150p to 720p over the last 3 years. The current price is 3 times the bottom and about 2/3 of the top.

Before it started to rain so much demand in the UK was very soft with more summer offers than ever before. Ryanair are bringing out some quarterly results in the morning and easyjet on the 6th August. These will show how much the profits have suffered to keep the planes full.

The price of airline shares is very voliatile and it is a very dodgy place to put your money. Having said that you can make plenty if you wait for the next bottom. It climbed for over 2 years and has been falling for only 3 months. I think it has at least a year of falling before the next rise.

Nil further
30th Jul 2007, 13:31
Shouldnt think the strike will help :rolleyes:

VanBosh
30th Jul 2007, 13:41
Equity markets are falling dramatically globally. EasyJet will obviously get caught up in that.

atmosphere
30th Jul 2007, 13:42
Are they definatly striking! how did the meeting on Tuesday go?

renfrew
30th Jul 2007, 13:43
The whole stock market was in free fall last week.

13Alpha
30th Jul 2007, 14:31
if you plot the easyJet share price against other UK quoted airlines you will find their prices follow a very similar pattern - i.e. big decline since May. So iit's a sector-wide issue.

I guess the City is expecting lower margins across the board for the forseeable future.

13Alpha

30th Jul 2007, 15:22
Shouldnt think the strike will help

That should read:

'Shouldn't think the ballot for strike will help' :E

gate 22
31st Jul 2007, 09:14
BFS/EDI

There are normally 4 rotations perday EDI/BFS however in the winter its been cut back to 3. Also these flights are nomally operated by EDI based aircraft. However the 1710 BFS departure M-F seems to suggest a BFS based plane. Is this due to expansion at EDI thus freeing up an aircraft by having only 2 EDI/BFS rotations per day instead of the 4. If so BFS will be losing an aircraft at this time normally operated elsewhere. So basically what BFS route will be hit, on what would appear to be an already stretched BFS base.

chec tunset
31st Jul 2007, 10:15
CIA is already scrapped from BFS. That has not gone down well with the locals or crews. Who knows what's next. It's all bad in BFS atm :ugh:

gate 22
31st Jul 2007, 10:31
CIA is already scrapped from BFS

Is that not a problem with slots at that airport as NCL/CIA has also been dropped. EZY at BFS are a sitting duck, and with EI hovering around they better wise up

Uncle Monty
31st Jul 2007, 11:13
Cutting some capacity in the winter months is regrettable but is probably well thought out based on current route performance (which only they are aware of), the normally loss making winter period, high fuel costs and the recent doubling of APD.
The APD issue has been most detrimental on short domestic services such as Scotland-Belfast where taxes make up a much greater portion of the overall fare.
easyJet and Ryanair are the two biggest, canniest, and most profitable locos around. If both have decided to cut services, cull routes, and park planes for the coming months there is a good chance they know something that the rest of us and many other airlines don't.
easyJet are safe at Belfast - they have good routes, good frequencies, and a good product. They have a critical mass at Belfast which makes it easy and cheap to operate there, add new routes etc.
PPRUNE has been full of talk for years about their demise and "how they'd better get their act together soon or else" and the airline has gone from strength to strength.
Next year, like the many that have gone before, will probably yield more new routes and the return of suspended flights on domestic services.

Ametyst1
31st Jul 2007, 11:42
In the past both easyJet and Ryanair have had to charter in aircraft during the latter part of the winter months due to pilots running out of hours. Perhaps it is an attempt to save crew hours as well.

BIG E
31st Jul 2007, 14:02
I think APD is really starting to have an effect on domestic sectors, domestically people still need to get from A to B, it just forces them to take other modes of transport, absolute madness........

monkey lover
1st Aug 2007, 08:15
I think APD is really starting to have an effect on domestic sectors, domestically people still need to get from A to B, it just forces them to take other modes of transport, absolute madness........

I totally agree, it just forces more people back onto the already heavily congested roads, the train is not a terrific option because it to is far too expensive ! Example £130 London to Manchester return ... nice

By the way, where does the money go from the APD ?

gate 22
1st Aug 2007, 09:08
I totally agree, it just forces more people back onto the already heavily congested roads

BFS/GLA, BFS/EDI if EZY have reduced these routes rotations for this reason, people in NI don't have a rail aternative, the only way is the ferry by foot or car which I don't think many business folk would use as an alternative (3hrs-GLA approx/3.75 hrs EDI)

BIG E
1st Aug 2007, 09:29
gate22

I think therefore that this further reiterates the point, if there is no other viable means of getting over the water and passenger figures are still falling then folk are obviously being priced out of a trip they may once have previously taken.

Uncle Monty
1st Aug 2007, 09:38
APD is a government issue. If it doubling means that easyJet cannot operate profitably with four flights a day on BFS - Scotland routes during the winter but can with three then it makes perfect business sense to go to three. The same goes for other domestic routes from Newcastle, Bristol and London.

easyJet is a publicly quoted company with shareholders, operating in a highly competitive market not a public service operator.

gate 22
1st Aug 2007, 09:49
Then again there is an aircraft apparently available GLA in the morning also there may well be one at EDI available. These aircraft have not been put to use yet, plus folk are talking about a few 737's avail from NCL. EZY do this quite often, only release certain flights, then closer to the start of the schedule a few dots are joined as the new schedule is finalised.

BIG E
1st Aug 2007, 09:59
gate22

You are correct, the final winter fleetplan has not yet been decided so it could go either way!

cesare.caldi
1st Aug 2007, 20:56
Easyjet open GLA-CDG from 29/10

Cahlibahn
3rd Aug 2007, 15:55
lifted from easyJet's website...
easyJet, Europe’s leading low-fares airline, today announced a change to its baggage policy.
The airline is seeking to reduce the number of passengers who travel with checked-in bags by rewarding those who choose to pack smarter and travel lighter.
From today, Friday 3rd August 2007, new reservations for travel from 1st October 2007 onwards will be subject to a fee for each piece of hold baggage of £2* per flight sector, up to the maximum total hold baggage weight per passenger of 20kg, which is unchanged. This replaces the previous policy where the first hold bag was free but subsequent bags were charged at £5 per item.
easyJet passengers will still be able to take advantage of one of Europe’s most generous hand baggage allowances – with a free carry-on bag policy of up to 55cm x 40cm x 20cm with no weight restriction.
Fewer checked-in bags can help to improve the operational performance of airports and to attribute the appropriate cost to those passengers who require the service of checked-in baggage. Fewer bags will also play a part in reducing the environmental impact of aviation and in the long-term could lead to airports needing simpler and cheaper baggage facilities.
Andy Harrison, easyJet Chief Executive said:
“It’s about getting people to pack smarter, travel lighter and travel cheaper.”

Buster the Bear
4th Aug 2007, 20:48
So why not reduce the ticket price by £2 if you don't check in hold luggage?

Oh, silly me! This is called profiteering surely by charging for hold baggage! I wonder if easyJet and all the others shafting their customers can prove it costs the airline 2 quid per bag per flight?

Or, not making nearly enough out of flying their planes to keep the shareholders and creditors happy?

dumdumbrain
4th Aug 2007, 21:36
Not sure if you have noticed but its a business and will look for anyway possible to increase profits for its shareholders, and thats the general idea of a business. And at the end of the day if you dont like paying £2 for it, dont fly with them, its a peoples market.

Lee

eggc
4th Aug 2007, 21:45
The list of rip-offs grows ever longer...:=

I suppose toilets use and sick bag rental will be charged for next !

This charge, by any airline, is :mad:

I would rather have meals / baggage included in the fare so I dont feel ripped off by unavoidable extra costs; meals, pre-booked seats, baggage etc etc.

Well done BE for giving the other airlines the idea.

I think I will start charge airlines a £10 surcharge (per person, per sector) to win my business - see how Easy etc etc feel with the shoe on the other foot.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

tallseabird
4th Aug 2007, 22:19
The Easyjet policy of allowing unlimited weight hand baggage was great but now the government has got involved and 'offically' set (reduced) the maximum size for hand luggage it is a complete farce - in light of the new Easyjet hold baggage restrictions.

The government are asses and Easyjet are profiteering.

Easyjet, the airline with transparent prices and rip-off baggage charges!

I do think that is a bit harsh but they fanfare the good news and slip in the bad, they are just jumping on the band wagon with the baggage charge.

Maybe someone will invent a diet charge - either be on one or get charged overweight allowance - that will also help reduce greenhouse gases - mind you so will not flying!

Great idea - lets all stop flying anywhere

Plus points - no more greenhouse gas emissions, no more noise pollution

Minus points - nobody gets anywhere, airlines go out of business, airports go out of business, ancillary services go out of business, ATC go out of business, airport terminals can be turned in to out of town shopping centres.

orange1
4th Aug 2007, 22:42
Ryanair have been doing this for ages and they charge more!

ncleflights
4th Aug 2007, 23:24
I quote 'Ryanair have been doing this for ages and they charge more!' Orange 1 - because Ryanair charge does not make it right. This is just a surcharge plain and simple. Nearly everybody that travels takes hold bags except of course if your going away for the day on business.

Why is it EZY feel compelled to to squeeze a few more quid out of us all.

eggc
5th Aug 2007, 00:02
Ryanair have been doing this for ages and they charge more!

TYPICAL !!

...and thats exactly why EZY will charge for bags.
They have seen RYR profits and the % of them that are created by crafty add-ons that they rip people off with, and decided to follow suit because...

a) everyone else does it
b) its easy money for no extra service
c) the public wont kick up a fuss and anyway see a)

Two wrongs dont make a right :=

Do EZY think they are doing customers a favour charging less :ugh:

Off Stand
5th Aug 2007, 03:54
Do you think that if you pay to check your bag in and it doesn't make it to it's (your) destination, that you'd get a refund? After all, you're not getting what you paid for?

dumdumbrain
5th Aug 2007, 10:41
But Ryanair only charge £2 for pre-boarding not £7.50 where half the plane buys it

mad_rich
5th Aug 2007, 11:15

Surely that's the idea behind it :confused: (as well as more cash for the chancellor, of course). Tax short-haul flying to make it less attractive

eastern wiseguy
5th Aug 2007, 11:29
Surely that's the idea behind it

I would bet that you live somewhere were there IS an alternative. Try getting the train from Belfast to London....APD is a tax on the free movement of people....quite disgusting(particularly since it goes NOWHERE near aviation)

gate 22
7th Aug 2007, 08:21
The 6th Belfast EZY aircraft due Oct is it one of the 737's from Newcastle. If so I believe 2 have been made avail from Ncl has the 2nd one been deployed?

BusBoy
7th Aug 2007, 08:31
eggc

If the competition (FR) are doing it then EZY have to to remain in business. FR have a much higher profit per seat than EZY due to charging for everything and alternative sources of income, onboard advertising etc. I agree it is a shame it has to come to this (especially with the current hand-baggage restrictions) but as has already been stated, they charge less than FR. OK priority boarding is more, but don't book it! Problem solved.
Personally I'd rather fly EZY as I find it a better product and better service. Each to their own, vive la difference!

MUFC_fan
7th Aug 2007, 08:57
The 6th Belfast EZY aircraft due Oct is it one of the 737's from Newcastle. If so I believe 2 have been made avail from Ncl has the 2nd one been deployed?

Could it be LTN for the new/reinstated routes to Zurich and Vienna?

BIG E
7th Aug 2007, 10:46
madrich

It is the reson behind it but apart from as you rightly say provide more money to the govt the whole purpose behind it was to curb flying due to the environmental issues, which it is doing, however you still need to get from A to B so you select another mode of transport so its probably increasing the amount of emissions. not decreasing them, the govt should be encouraging people to fly domestically as it is the most efficient and environmentally way for the masses to travel.

conradmueller
7th Aug 2007, 16:15
Has Easyjet scrapped "speedy boarding"? It has disappeared from the booking options.
First I saw this testing a booking from STN, then LPL and since today it has disappeared from CGN.

cesare.caldi
7th Aug 2007, 17:34
Has Easyjet scrapped "speedy boarding"? It has disappeared from the booking options.
First I saw this testing a booking from STN, then LPL and since today it has disappeared from CGN.

Now is on sale.

TRY2FLY
7th Aug 2007, 18:55
Personally I think it's b*((*(ks charging for hold baggage. In saying that when I can, I only carry hand luggage - something that is now made much more difficult by the E.U. banning the carriage of liquids more than 100ml in my hand luggage:*

aeulad
8th Aug 2007, 11:03
Says on easyjet.com news section about expansion into Bulgaria and 7 new routes. One will be LGW-SOF.

Regards

Mike

Charlie Roy
8th Aug 2007, 11:04
Gatwick to Sofia
Liverpool to Innsbruck
Liverpool to Lisbon
Basel to Porto
Basel to Marrakech
Geneva to Marrakech
Milan Malpensa to Marrakech

ESCNI
8th Aug 2007, 12:56
From mid December, it appears that easyJet are scrapping their mid-morning (~10.30) Saturday flight from Belfast to Liverpool and replacing it with a 07.00 flight instead.

Does anybody have any information on why they are changing an already launched schedule please?

This must be particularly bad news for those who have to travel some distance to the airport as, other than the 08.15, the next flight out isn't until 17.20.

:(

gate 22
8th Aug 2007, 13:46
Also noticed a new winter 0715 dep BFS/LPL M,W,F. 7 rotations BFS-LPL Fri, however 7 departures LPL-BFS and 6 inbound M,W - strange. Also LTN down to 4 rotations.

dwlpl
8th Aug 2007, 18:16
From mid December, it appears that easyJet are scrapping their mid-morning (~10.30) Saturday flight from Belfast to Liverpool and replacing it with a 07.00 flight instead.

Does anybody have any information on why they are changing an already launched schedule please?

This must be particularly bad news for those who have to travel some distance to the airport as, other than the 08.15, the next flight out isn't until 17.20.

I have no time to look into this tonight, but there are a few rotations on the Liverpool route at weekends that use BFS based 737's.

Maybe they have altered the BFS/LPL schedule to accomodate the new routes exBelfast.

NSNO

END BAG
8th Aug 2007, 19:02
If the mid-morning BFS-LPL is scrapped that is going to make it a very,very, long day for all the irish football fans when they come over for Liverpools home games!!!! The pubs will be busy though!!

dwlpl
8th Aug 2007, 19:22
Myself and ESCNI are not interested in the least about their home games.

NSNO

ESCNI
8th Aug 2007, 20:36
Here, here.

:ok:

ESCNI
9th Aug 2007, 12:48
Also noticed a new winter 0715 dep BFS/LPL M,W,F. 7 rotations BFS-LPL Fri, however 7 departures LPL-BFS and 6 inbound M,W - strange. Also LTN down to 4 rotations.

The rejigging appears to be to utilise the plane for their new Liverpool/Lisbon service that operates on M/W/F/Sa.

If only they could delay the penultimate Saturday night LPL/BFS 18.35 by, say, 30/60 minutes then they would get a lot more custom (at the expense of the pubs?).

Chica
9th Aug 2007, 12:59
I really hope that LPL / LIS will be a success. I am a frequent visitor to LIS and it will be so much more convenient than having to trail down south to LHR or LGW for a BA or TAP connection.

ESCNI
9th Aug 2007, 13:10
Fair enough......but must you make us get up at 4.30am on a Saturday morning?!

:{

HEisLEGEND
9th Aug 2007, 14:59
EZY is becoming really strong in LIS, growing a lot this year, being the 2nd company with most flights, second only to TAP the portuguese flag company.New routes announced to october,LIS-BRS,LIS-LPL & LIS-LGW!

Best of luck to the new routes!

TRY2FLY
10th Aug 2007, 01:50
Fair enough......but must you make us get up at 4.30am on a Saturday morning?!

Just don't go 2 bed , come straight from the pub/niteclub Fri night:}:ugh::E:}

Pilotdom
14th Aug 2007, 20:16
Great new on Easy's new route to Innsbruck starting Jan 08. Anybody know if it will continue into the summer schedule?

Buster the Bear
14th Aug 2007, 20:20
I doubt it, INN is a traditional ski destination.

Seefeld in summer however, is wonderful!

airhumberside
14th Aug 2007, 20:38
Theres quite a few charters in summer to INN for 'Lakes and Mountains'' holidays - so some demand for EZY to tap into

Pilotdom
14th Aug 2007, 20:58
Ill get a trip in before end of March then.... just thought that the route starting in Jan till March is a bit short, but like you say ski destination and all that.

the_fish@blueyonder.
14th Aug 2007, 21:33
Glad to see Sofia is being served at last, been waiting to see Easyjet in Bulgaria. Hopefully I'll get to use that route.

Are they thinking of expanding to the Black sea coastal airports, Bourgas or Varna?

JonF
16th Aug 2007, 10:40
Looking to book flight with ezy June 2008, when does summer schedule become available?

devon_guy
16th Aug 2007, 10:46
It won't be until December time.

Ian Farquharson
16th Aug 2007, 14:02
I hope Birmingham is included in their Summer plans ?

Ian Farquharson
Owner, BHX News & Discussion Yahoo Group

cesare.caldi
16th Aug 2007, 17:22
Great new on Easy's new route to Innsbruck starting Jan 08. Anybody know if it will continue into the summer schedule?

To be a seasonal winter flight the route start too late, only after the Christmas holiday....so maybe is an annual route...

larshakan
16th Aug 2007, 19:36
I would say year round, isn't it comparable with SZG to where FR fly twice daily in non-ski season?!?

Buster the Bear
22nd Aug 2007, 20:15
http://www.supplymanagement.co.uk/EDIT/CURRENT_ISSUE_pages/CI_news_item.asp?id=16599

eu01
23rd Aug 2007, 12:09
John Kohlsaat, the regional general manager for Germany, Eastern Europe, the Baltic States and Denmark has met Estonian journalists in Tallinn yesterday and promised the widening of easyJet's connections to/from TLL (Ülemiste). Some new routes will be announced soon, although no details have been revealed at this time.

OltonPete
25th Aug 2007, 09:34
As the East Mids to Palma announcement raised a few eyebrows is there anybody from Easy able to explain the changes at EMA when the service starts?

The Easy timetable is a disgrace for such a large airline with EMA - GVA
EMA-ALC & EMA - CIA displaying winter 2006/7 schedules on my PC. Please someone tell me if this is wrong and is more to do with my PC rather than Easy.

Currently Easy would require 4 aircraft on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday, which would make the announcement even more significant.

The Cologne is to cease and is replaced by an extra Geneva on Mondays
Fridays and Sunday but are there to be more new routes or are they intending to re-time one of the morning flights?

Although Venice is the only route I would consider using and this is unlikely to be re-timed as it is in the middle of the day, I am loathed to even consider it yet until some sort of order is shown in the EMA schedules - any clues?

Pete

aeulad
31st Aug 2007, 18:50
Booking engine showing Madrid to Arrecife and Fuerteventura and Geneva to Las Palmas.

Regards

Mike

MUFC_fan
31st Aug 2007, 19:19
Looks like you have catched EZY out! Congrats!:}

I think somebody at the EZY will be in trouble!!

It was only a matter of time. FR and AB are in the market and LS is taking all the airports in the north of the UK, they would be loosing territory rapidly in this region which benefits from exceptional weather all year round.

Only a matter of time before BRS, LPL and a LON airport get routes. LPA and ACE from LPL, all three from BRS and all three from atleast 2 LON airports before next summer surely! FR havn't capitalised on the LON market yet, and EZY would be able to pip them to the post!

Good luck to EZY and I hope they do expand into the UK market soon!

GW76
1st Sep 2007, 13:01
They do this all the time, the timetable route map thing has been happening for ages. Last time it was FNC that appeared before any announcement.

MUFC_fan
5th Sep 2007, 15:56
EZY has not announced these flights yet, but they are bookable on their website:

Madrid - Lanzarote (Daily) (Starts 01/11/07)
06.25-09.50
08.40-12.10
Fares start from 18.99 euros

Madrid - Fuerteventura (Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday) (Starts 03/11/07)
16.50-18.35
18.55-22.30
Fares start from 18.99 euros

Geneva - Las Palmas (Wednesday, Saturday) (Starts 31/10/07)
06.40-09.50
11.10-16.20
Fares start from 26.99 euros

Looks like the airline is following AB, FR and LS into the Canaries and don't be surprised if we see more flights from the islands before the end of October!

markmartin
5th Sep 2007, 19:33
There´s an announcement in Spanish on the easyjet website regarding routes from Madrid to the Canaries. A new daily route to Lisbon has also been announced:

Link is missing for a reason Mark. It is advertising.

MUFC_fan
5th Sep 2007, 20:30
I suppose there is no need for the news to be in english.

I'm guessing there will be an announcement in French for the GVA LPA route.

ericlday
6th Sep 2007, 16:54
EasyJet is to close its Luton call centre resulting in the loss of almost 150 jobs.

After a 90-day consultation period reviewing the Luton office, the no-frills airline has decided to move the operation by the end of this year to Berlin, Germany, and Poznan, Poland.

EasyJet spokeswoman Samantha Day, said: "We are continually reviewing all our operations to ensure they are as cost-efficient as possible and this decision comes as a result of a thorough evaluation of all the options available.

"Having reviewed the contact centre operation in detail, we have concluded that our current operation is not sustainable and we believe that the outsource partner can provide the most effective, efficient and scaleable service to suit the ongoing needs of the business, as the airline continues to expand.

"Outsourcing will clearly have a significant impact on everyone working in the contact centre and easyJet is working closely with its 144 contact centre staff and their representatives, providing the services of a professional outplacement provider who will be able to help with any career advice and support they may require."

GBALU53
6th Sep 2007, 21:23
Is Easyjet not interested after all in Jersey as there are new routes appearing for Jersey with Flyglobespan opening up Flybe doing things is there more to come before 2008 or is Jersey going to get a very big Xmas present from Easy for 2008?:ok:

Right Touch
19th Sep 2007, 16:05
According to Internal Staff magazine received today through the letterbox , Two new bases are to be announced in early october.

devon_guy
19th Sep 2007, 16:11
I wish one of them was Exeter but I know with BRS being up the road that ain't gonna happen unfortunately.

Budfrey27
19th Sep 2007, 16:13
...maybe BHX.....!

regards

Bud

cesare.caldi
19th Sep 2007, 16:45
According to Internal Staff magazine received today through the letterbox , Two new bases are to be announced in early october. Probably LYS and MUC

OltonPete
19th Sep 2007, 16:45
Any clues if they are to be in mainland Europe or possibly at least one in the UK.

BHX would be well received but previous hints have always mentioned
mainland Europe for expansion.

Fingers crossed in one part of the Midlands.

Pete

MUFC_fan
19th Sep 2007, 21:29
Don't think it will be BHX due to EMA but is BOH a possibility? Can also see another Spanish airport becoming a base due to the FR increase of late. Maybe AGP?

SeamusCVT
20th Sep 2007, 06:31
The BHX rumours are gaining momentum and are louder then ever, so BHX and LYS.

Maybe with the potential withdrawal of X3 from BHX-CGN for next Summer (unless TUIFly announce more routes later in the year), then Easyjet will do a BHX-CGN route, akin to their successful EMA-CGN route.

Don't think that there will be any problems with the proximity of BHX and EMA for Easyjet...the two airports serve at least 6 big cities between them so plenty of opportunities for passengers (Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Coventry...plus all the large towns in the area).

easyprison
20th Sep 2007, 06:36
My bet's are on BOH and BHX for the UK and BCN for new european base.

Yak97
20th Sep 2007, 07:15
Quote "Maybe with the potential withdrawal of X3 from BHX-CGN for next Summer (unless TUIFly announce more routes later in the year), then Easyjet will do a BHX-CGN route, akin to their successful EMA-CGN route."

But I though Ezy were stopping their CGN service from EMA and going to PMI instead?

The BHX-CGN has gone through a number of operators recently, none of whom can make it work.

PPRuNeUser0178
20th Sep 2007, 10:01
CDG & LYS:ok::ok:

Vueling
20th Sep 2007, 10:58
I think so too .. would make sense.

flyzen
20th Sep 2007, 11:42
French rumors effectively are about
- CDG with in a first time a move from T3 terminal to T2B
- LYS
it seems EZY vants to go ahead quickly in France
... but I am french :ok:

Wiggly Bob
20th Sep 2007, 11:50
Lyon airports english langauge website is currently out of action being updated. Connected?

Rob

cesare.caldi
20th Sep 2007, 15:16
Latest rumors are for LYS and MUC

EBU42
21st Sep 2007, 08:09
Wigglybob - Lyon's english site has been down for the last 12 months! Don't think this means anything. Mind you, a base at LYS would be good.

The Flying Cokeman
21st Sep 2007, 09:18
From what I hear on the line is that CDG & LYS are the 2 new bases, time will tell :confused:

ICING AOA
21st Sep 2007, 11:19
My bet's are on BOH and BHX for the UK and BCN for new european base.

at least CDG for sure.

BCN is unlikely to become an easyJet base, it is just far too late now.
Clickair (Iberia) and Vueling are the 2 big local monsters.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
21st Sep 2007, 11:51
Have the "local difficulties" with the French taxman been resolved now? If not I would have thought EZY would not increase their based presence in France for the time being ... but I'm happy to be proven wrong!

flyzen
21st Sep 2007, 11:58
Problems with "french taxes" seems to be solved ... and the rumor is gowing for the announce early october of 2 french bases CDG (EZY already applied from the COHOR or a lot of slots for winter saison and is waiting for confirmation soon) and LYS with the opening of domestic routes.
For CDG it's also nearly sure that EZY will move early jan. 08 from T3 terminal (the charter one) to T2B

easyJet Galley King
21st Sep 2007, 13:57
My money is on MUC and LYS.

Would rather see AMS or PRG myself - however very doubtful. :rolleyes:

If UK base is announced, possibly BOH in effort to ease LGW? However like EMA, cant see much in the way of expansion.

I still believe basing a/c at ALC/AGP would be a waste of resources, seens as most bases already fly there. BCN airport is growing in size, but too much competition.

LIS - good room for growth ???

Either way, i'll be putting my name down to assist crewing the new base where ever it may be (Please not France though :*)

flyzen
26th Sep 2007, 11:50
Andy Harrison programmed to be on the 4th of october in Lyon for a press conference, to announce "the futur of Easyjet in France"
LYS base will be certainly a part of annoucement !

Tom the Tenor
26th Sep 2007, 13:21
If Lyon was a a goer as a new base anyone care to comment on what kind routes EZY might like to try? Am very interested at a personal level on this one.

dwlpl
26th Sep 2007, 14:29
Liverpool, Paris, Milan and Bristol.

chrism20
26th Sep 2007, 18:53
EDI

Going by the amount of French expansion thats happened up here this year and by the loads that BE & LS have had they would be mad to not give it a bash

easyboy
26th Sep 2007, 22:55
It's good to see that easyJet have brought back a very popular route that we did a few years ago - it was sheer madness to get rid of it.

Let's hope there are a few more routes announced and a new aircraft.

PPRuNeUser0178
27th Sep 2007, 09:13
Easyboy,

To which route are you referring and to where are you hoping we put another aircraft?

owenkirk2005
27th Sep 2007, 09:26
Yes EZY have three based aircraft at EMA.

loveJet
27th Sep 2007, 10:20
what about the Bournemouth rumours? easyJet operate some obscure destinations from there - Grenoble, Krakow and Geneva. Surely if these work it would be even more profitable to operate to places like Nice, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Palma, Murcia, Madrid, Edinburgh, Belfast, Inverness etc...

chrism20
27th Sep 2007, 20:08
Yep a double daily service to BOH from EDI would go down a treat. Would certainly give BE a run for their money on the SOU run that they now have a monopoly on.

INV may work a couple of times a week similar to their BRS service.

MUFC_fan
27th Sep 2007, 20:38
Would love to see them open up BLK-GVA even if it is only once per week (saturday). It would definately attract the loads but will probably never happen as EZY don't usually stick with one route from an airport, and if they do, then it would be at least daily.

friarkeasley
27th Sep 2007, 21:47
Where did you here EMA-BCN? I know they have announced PMI which we are very excited about!

easyprison
28th Sep 2007, 07:07
"obscure destinations from there - Grenoble, Krakow and Geneva"

Whats obscure about Grenoble and Geneva?!

I'd expect to see a BOH base soon! Only a bet though.... :cool:

BOU_PAX
28th Sep 2007, 13:24
> Whats obscure about Grenoble and Geneva?!

Indeed, Geneva did excellent numbers as ski destination from BOH last winter and is operating as a x9 route this year. Grenoble is x3 (TuThSa) as a ski route new this year and Krakow is the thrid Polish route to launch from BOH (WizzAir service Gdansk and Katowice) so there is clearly a demand (that or the Poole Pirates speedway team next year will be made up of all polish riders....)

With EZY and FR both rumoured to be launching bases in BOH in the not to distant future and the new terminal building works finally underway, exciting times ahead.

outofsynch
28th Sep 2007, 16:59
Forget ever seeing any new bases in UK.... all new bases will be mainland. Some may even be aircraft bases but not crew bases. i.e. night stop only

SeamusCVT
28th Sep 2007, 17:38
Despite Outofsynch's post, and although I have already posted my thoughts on where the alleged new EasyJet bases are to be, my personal opinion has now changed to 2 out of MAN, BHX and LYS

MUFC_fan
28th Sep 2007, 19:50
Very interesting to see MAN, could you explain why please?

Thank you.

PPRuNeUser0178
30th Sep 2007, 08:26
I say again, CDG & LYS.

outofsynch
30th Sep 2007, 12:09
Isnt CDG already a nominal base? Because Paris crew are all dual based although only operating ORY at present.

orangetree
30th Sep 2007, 14:05
It's LYS and CDG . Forget MAN..at least until EZY have finished trying to change their agreement with LPL. BHX would be above BOH in the pecking order but I would agree that we are unlikely to see new UK bases anytime soon. I have also heard the idea about nightstop bases abroad.

easyJet Galley King
30th Sep 2007, 21:07
Nice being one of them - for us Bristol boy's anyway. Although i know crew already night stop here.

Also, hearing Amsterdam - they've done it in the past, very dangerous though.....:ok:

eu01
3rd Oct 2007, 06:12
According to French press (La Tribune), the announcement of two new bases in France will take place tomorrow.
Easyjet passe à l'offensive en France.
Le transporteur britannique à bas tarifs va, selon nos informations, annoncer demain la création en 2008 de deux bases d'exploitation en France.
L'une dans le nouveau terminal à bas coûts de l'aéroport de Lyon-Saint-Exupéry, l'autre à Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle.

toledoashley
3rd Oct 2007, 06:19
With TOM withdrawing from LTN on the euro routes - please could EZY have some sence and operate Prague, Jersey and Marrakech.

flyzen
3rd Oct 2007, 08:56
The annoucement of 2 french bases is confirmed in various french press releases for 2008 (summer 2008)
- 2 * A319 will be based on LYS base
- 3 * A319 will be based on CDG Base, and quantity of arcraft based would go to CDG to 12/14 in the next 3 yr
From LYS Easyjet will certainly schedule domestic flights

for french speakers
http://www.challenges.fr/20071003.CHA1389/easyjet_va_se_renforcer_en_france.html

Just Browsing
3rd Oct 2007, 09:18
In the past easyJet have stated that a mimumum of 3 aircraft are needed to make a base viable. If indeed it is to be 2 aircraft in LYS then I suspect it will be nightstopping crews - in the first instance, in any case.

That said, both bases would seem to be among the favourites currently rumoured. The other is Lisbon.

JB

Caudillo
3rd Oct 2007, 11:12
Found this when digging around the markets this morning, explains the SP rise...

http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail/?display=news&code=cotn:EZJ.L&action=article&articleid=6318043

Hardly a shock but at least it puts the idle speculation to an end

Right Way Up
3rd Oct 2007, 11:17
Although it is only reported by a newspaper and not the company. Still time for idle speculation. :)

flyzen
3rd Oct 2007, 12:03
Time of speculation is off now we enter in time of announcement
- For CDG slots clearly required and date of terminal move (EZY will go from T3 to T2) known
- for LYS to morrow press conf will take place in LYS, certainly not to announce a UK base

flyzen
3rd Oct 2007, 12:48
To my knowledge EZY will maintain ORY flights
The only change as alredy posted will be in CDG from T3 teminal to T2B one and the date of move will certainly be on early jan 2008.

airhumberside
3rd Oct 2007, 13:29
Easyjet maintain LIN flights alongside a MXP base so a similar situation at Paris wouldnt be unprecedented

flyzen
3rd Oct 2007, 13:53
Some of the required slots for new CDG base network (winter season)
KRK,VCE,SZG,LDE,BRE,AGP,RAK

en2r
3rd Oct 2007, 17:03
With TOM withdrawing from LTN on the euro routes - please could EZY have some sence and operate Prague, Jersey and Marrakech.
Aren't Sky Europe launching a daily Luton-Prague service from October, and I thought Luton-Jersey was going to be summer only for TOM.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
3rd Oct 2007, 19:34
Sky Europe start Prague - Luton at the end of the month.

TOM were reducing from daily to three times a week during the winter on Jersey - Luton

easyprison
3rd Oct 2007, 21:17
http://uk.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idUKL0259980820071002

The rumour is pretty much dead now.

Rumour is crews will be nightstopping in LYS to avoid french taxes!

flyzen
4th Oct 2007, 06:00
No it will be based aircrafts in LYS extra nights stops are also possible on other routes

The problem of taxes solved for Easyjet.

Mr A Tis
4th Oct 2007, 07:34
Linate and Malpensa ? CDG and Orly? Birmingham and East Mids? Maybe its time we'll see LPL and MAN ?:}

airhumberside
4th Oct 2007, 09:27
Ho dop EZY currently run their CDG/ORY flights - do they have any crews based in Paris or do they run w patterns/nightstop aircraft. They have quite a few routes out of Paris that dont run to other airprots

flyzen
4th Oct 2007, 09:42
CDG+LYS bases officially announced by Easyjet

thepeacock
4th Oct 2007, 09:50
PARIS (Thomson Financial) - UK-based airline easyJet said it will invest 600 mln eur to create two new bases in France by 2011, at the Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris and the Lyon-Saint-Exupery airport in Lyon.It expects passenger traffic from France to rise from 8 mln passengers in 2008 to 12 mln in 2011, by which time it will have 80 destinations.

Bokkenrijder
4th Oct 2007, 09:57
Wow! That's a lot! Would that be for nightstopping crews? :rolleyes:

Sign of the future?

thepeacock
4th Oct 2007, 10:32
it must include the (list) price of the based aircraft.
More info, including first routes below :

"EasyJet is to establish two new bases in France as a springboard for launching a raft of new routes from the country.

The no-frills carrier is to operate from Paris Charles de Gaulle and Lyon offering a total of 13 routes from next spring.

The airline is to initially base five additional aircraft in France – three in Paris and two in Lyon – creating hundreds of jobs for pilots, cabin crew and associated support services.

EasyJet already operates 11 routes from Charles de Gaulle to the UK, Switzerland, Spain and Portugal as well as Nice. From Lyon, five routes to London, Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona and Rome will be served this winter.

The carrier expects to carry more than six million passengers through French airports in 2007 and a further two million next year with the opening of the new bases.

The plan is part of clear long-term strategy for France, which includes a €600 million investment over four years.

The airline plans to have 20 aircraft based in French airports and to carry 12 million passengers by 2011. It will operate more than 80 routes in and out of France and employ almost 1,000 staff.

Three new Airbus A319s will be based in Paris from February 2008 to complement easyJet's existing six aircraft at Paris Orly.

The opening of the Charles de Gaulle base will enable easyJet to initially launch six additional domestic and international routes (Biarritz, Oporto, Venice, Marrakech, Hamburg and Krakow) at France's main airport.

The second new base will be at Lyon's Saint-Exupéry Airport with two Airbus A319s from April 2008 to operate seven domestic and international routes (Bordeaux, Toulouse, Casablanca, Marrakech, Venice, Porto and Lisbon).

EasyJet claims it will become the first low-fares airline to offer French domestic routes out of regional airports with the move into France's second city.

The airline already offers 50 routes in France and as many as 40 daily flights to and from Paris.

The airline's chief executive Andy Harrison said: "Today's announcement is just the first step in our major investment that will see us double our presence in France by 2011 as we seek to bring the benefits of easyJet to France's air travellers and its wider society.

"We will be employing French people and flying French passengers from France's major airports on aircraft from Toulouse-based Airbus." "

easyJet Galley King
4th Oct 2007, 13:18
Oh well, the dream of a base in Prague remains.....:rolleyes:

Bokkenrijder
4th Oct 2007, 13:57
Even if a PRG base were to open, I doubt if you would be working under a UK contract. Would you still go if it means signing a local contract?

Instead, I guess we should be happy with all those lovely night stops at all those future new 'virtual bases' in the cheapest hotels they can find! :hmm:

easyJet Galley King
4th Oct 2007, 23:23
Too right I'd go. I'd imagine even a local contract would represent a very good wage for that part of the world.

And looking forward to the night stops - nicely boost the pay packet.

eurostar builder
18th Oct 2007, 05:31
HEARD a rumour yesterday that Easyjet are looking at taking over the ex BASCO hangar at bournemouth.

Any more.....

Skipness One Echo
18th Oct 2007, 08:37
That's interesting as I thought night stopping crews was against the low cost business model. What routes does this occur on?

BOU_PAX
18th Oct 2007, 11:12
" HEARD a rumour yesterday that Easyjet are looking at taking over the ex BASCO hangar at bournemouth."

That rumour was very strong a couple of years ago. At the time the "word in the know" was that Easyjet were looking at BOH as a base plus also using the Basco hanger as a maintenance base and potential overnight parking for some of their Bristol and Exeter planes.

Was taken with a pinch of salt at the time as EasyJet was the hot topic at BOH as they were just starting their Geneva service and lots of rumours were flying round.

Maybe they are going to paint it Orange, put sleeping bags in the hanger and use it as the first dedicated EasyCrewStopOver Hotel :)

ICING AOA
19th Oct 2007, 21:21
any chance to see some new routes from CDG to Corsica in a forseable future ? what do you reckon guys ? :ok:

http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Planning/Destination/aja.html

Disaster Area
24th Oct 2007, 16:41
Adding to the EZY rumour and Bournemouth - Hurn Airport an EasyJet logo'ed vehicle was seen inside the former BASCO hangar earlier today.

how_ezy
25th Oct 2007, 08:34
easyJet plc agrees to acquire GB Airways Limited

easyJet PLC (“easyJet”) announced today that it has agreed to acquire the entire issued share capital of GB Airways Ltd (“GB Airways”), excluding its slots at Heathrow Airport, from the Bland Group Limited, for a cash consideration of £103.5 million.

GB Airways is primarily a London Gatwick based point-to-point airline operating to destinations across Southern Europe and North Africa under a franchise agreement with British Airways PLC (“British Airways”). It serves 31 destinations and operates 15 Airbus aircraft (9 A320s and 6 A321s) with an average age of 4.1 years, which are complementary to the easyJet fleet of 107 A319s. In total it operates 39 routes – 28 from Gatwick, 6 from Manchester, 5 from Heathrow.
Based upon its statutory accounts under UK GAAP for the year ended 31 March 2007, GB Airways reported profit before tax of £2.6 million and EBITDAR of £35 million on revenues of £250 million; it carried 2.8 million passengers; had gross assets of £182 million and net assets of £33 million.
The acquisition of GB Airways is consistent with easyJet’s expansion strategy and, importantly, strengthens its customer offering at Gatwick, the airline’s biggest base which has a highly attractive catchment area in London and South East England. The purchase adds valuable take-off and landing slots at Gatwick and the opportunity to accelerate easyJet’s route development. Following the acquisition, easyJet will operate 24% of Gatwick’s slots and will fly approximately 8 million passengers across 62 routes from Gatwick.
By Winter 2008/09, GB Airways will be fully consolidated into the easyJet business model, releasing cost savings. The acquisition will be positive to easyJet’s earnings per share and return on equity in easyJet’s current financial year, before one-off integration costs. easyJet anticipates GB Airways’ seat profitability reaching a similar level to its own at Gatwick in the first full financial year of operation.
Andy Harrison, Chief Executive of easyJet, said:
“This is an acquisition which both strengthens our customer offering at London Gatwick, our biggest base with an attractive catchment area, and allows us to fully capitalise on the potential of the airport through a larger number of slots. The deal will bring major benefits to both easyJet and GB Airways customers, delivering a wider choice of destinations at easyJet’s great prices, and creating clear value for our shareholders. We expect the acquisition to be earnings positive in our current financial year and in the longer-term we will transition the GB Airways operation to easyJet’s cost base and operating margin levels. We expect to achieve both cost and revenue synergies as we expand our business at Gatwick.”
easyJet will co-operate with British Airways to ensure a smooth and orderly transition for customers. To this end GB Airways will continue to operate all routes under the British Airways brand until March 29th, 2008 after which flights will operate under the easyJet brand.
Kevin Hatton, Chief Executive of GB Airways, said:
“The sale agreement brings to an end a period of uncertainty about the future direction of our company. We are pleased that the business and customer base built up by GB Airways will now be secured and strengthened under the ownership of the UK’s largest airline by passenger numbers, and one of the industry’s most powerful brands. We will fulfil our outstanding obligation as a franchise partner to British Airways and then look forward to a smooth operational merger with easyJet.”
The total consideration of £103.5 million is payable in cash of which £11.5 million is held in escrow as security for any claims under the acquisition agreement. GB Airways’ Heathrow slots will be exchanged under three separate agreements, the consideration for which will be passed on to the Bland Group (net of costs) on receipt. Completion is subject to the usual conditions, including approval from the relevant regulatory authorities. The transaction is expected to complete no later than 31st January

Charlie Roy
25th Oct 2007, 08:45
Wow, does this mean that Easyjet is coming to Manchester too!

uklad007
25th Oct 2007, 08:48
Interesting news, i wouldnt say that the GB airways fleet is entirely complimentary to the Easyjet fleet so assume they will be disposed of and its very interesting that the Heathrow slots arent included, obviously more money for the Bland Group to auction off to the highest bidder - i imagine a few airlines at Heathrow will pay big money for those. I wonder which of the routes Easyjet will keep and which they might stop, and also which of the routes BA is looking to start up on their own after 29th March as indicated by them! Interesting times!

FourTrails
25th Oct 2007, 09:35
I think 320 and 321's would be very useful to easyJet :)

pabely
25th Oct 2007, 09:51
....along with some routes that EZY do not currently serve.
Remember when they took over Go they kept the routes and aircraft until such time as their own Buses came available. Haven't looked at the technical specifications of the GB Buses yet but EZY Buses are built in a curtain way......whether this can be applied to the 321 if the route justifies it, in the EZY model, I'm sure they have already decided!

The Flying Cokeman
25th Oct 2007, 10:23
EZY is gonna take full use of these A-320/21's and will have a real chance to evaluate these aircrafts for the EZY model. From the emails I've got from the EZY intranet it sounds like the "old" GB part will still next summer be flying from the north terminal by their own crews and planes. So for the moment it will be run seperately, wouldn't surprise me if we see 2 "bases" in LGW in the near future.

HH6702
25th Oct 2007, 13:46
I can see the A320/A321 moving away from LGW to other bases such at EDI and NCL. This will mean easy will be able to add places like TFS and LCA and take on the likes of JET2 and flyglobespan.......

:)

IB4138
25th Oct 2007, 13:54
There is no mention as to whether freight and courier will still be carried on the GB routes from Gatwick.

Anybody heard?

The Flying Cokeman
25th Oct 2007, 14:01
HH6702,

Why should they move the 320/21's away to start up routes to the canary islands from other bases? :confused:
If they want to start certain routes they can do it with 319's too, don't forget the 319 has the best range for the 320 series, the 321 has the worst one.

AGPwallah
25th Oct 2007, 15:10
uklad007,

Here's details of the BA routes, from MoneyAM.

BA said it plans to start services from Heathrow to Faro and Malaga and from Gatwick to Faro, Gibraltar, Ibiza, Malaga, Palma and Tunis from March 30, 2008.

AGP

BIG E
25th Oct 2007, 15:25
The EZY A319 range is fairly limited due to the reduction in MTOW

jollypilot
25th Oct 2007, 15:30
Don't forget that GB's newest 2 321s, and not to mention the next one thats on its way, have the extra centre tanks and increased weights. The range and useful load is increased considerably..

marlowe
25th Oct 2007, 15:35
Wait til Willie gets Cityflyer doing some of those routes out of LGW!!!!! did hear on the grapevine that they were thinking of using the RJ on some routes at weekends that could use a smaller airframe over the winter schedule but I laughed at the idea. The RJ already goes to some of the places mentioned in an earlier post, also the Cityflyer fleet because of the LCY restrictions sits around mostly unused at weekends.

The Flying Cokeman
25th Oct 2007, 16:18
BIG E,

The weight restriction on the A319 is quite easy to remove, we have several non restricted 66 and 68 tonner Airbusses in EZY already doing the longer flights.

monkey lover
25th Oct 2007, 18:33
Flying Cokeman

Maybe EZY deliberately keep their MTOW's low for cost reasons rather than performance ?

The Flying Cokeman
25th Oct 2007, 19:31
Monkey Lover,
True and that's exactly my point!
If they need an unrestricted 319 to fly a certain route they will do so thats why we have a mixed weights of 64,66, and 68 tonnes aircrafts. My point is the 319 can easily do long routes, u don't need a 321 being moved all over the place to do that for u.
Our planes going to RAK and ATH from LGW do it several times a day.

monkey lover
25th Oct 2007, 19:47
Flying Cokeman

I understand where you are coming from, but I believe even a 68t will struggle LGW-TFS-LGW for example with a full load

Cheers ML

The Flying Cokeman
25th Oct 2007, 20:17
From what I can read from previous posts the GB 321 has extra tanks, which can make TFS possible.
Yes the 319 would struggle, but it's still possible. My whole point was that a standard 319 has the best range of the whole 320 series before any modifications.

goldeneye
25th Oct 2007, 21:16
Reading the shareholder presentation on EZY's website, it appears that Easyjet have every intention on keeping the A320 & A321's and using them for additional capacity.
Easyjet Shareholder Info (http://www.easyjet.com/common/img/easyjet_gb_airways_acquisition.pdf)

eggc
25th Oct 2007, 21:31
In all the releases I have seen EZY have not mentioned MAN at all !

They seem very focused on the growth at LGW. Will Easy/GB stay at MAN ?

MAN Guy
25th Oct 2007, 21:46
Reports on the local online press in Manchester tonight quote an Easyjet spokeswoman as saying

"We have bought GB because it will allow us to expand, particularly out of Gatwick. As far as Manchester is concerned, at this point we just don't know. We've not made a decision."

Would be a handy way for them to get into MAN, but I think the sticking point here maybe the arrangement they have with LPL?

dwlpl
25th Oct 2007, 22:12
This is in the Liverpool media;

easyJet spokesman Toby Nicol said today that the GB routes would not be to the detriment of Liverpool: “We have a very well-established base in Liverpool with eight aircraft there, so our priority is very much Liverpool.”

GLENO
25th Oct 2007, 22:30
Yes the priorty is Liverpool !!...............after limited new routes over the past couple of years......Ryanair have come in and overtook Easy as the number one carrier at Speke with a whole load of new destinations!!

Why do I think that you have a real dislike of Man...DWPL??...Is it me or has anybody else noticed this????

14 loop
25th Oct 2007, 22:48
Err...mainly yes!

Have a look at the easyjet website, and look for the announcement on the GB purchase on the homepage. There is further pdf presentation about the situation in the investor relations section (a link is provided at the bottom of the announcement).

The great thrust is what it means for easyjet at LGW vis a vis other carriers, slot ownership etc.

The BA website says the following;

Advice for customers travelling from 30 March 2008 to/from Gatwick and Manchester
· From 30 March 2008 easyJet plans to fly the published BA/GB Airways 2008 summer schedule from Gatwick under the easyJet brand.

So...the last statement fails to mention MAN whatsoever despite the fact the presentation features the MAN base.

Jury's out!

GLENO
25th Oct 2007, 23:00
It also says on the Easyjet Shareholder Info the following...............

" GB Flights operated from Summer 2008 will be under the Easyjet Brand"

These routes are still bookable on the GB website From Manchester so they are either going to dump all the pax and give them refunds or continue to operate these routes from Manchester.

time will tell.............

dwlpl
25th Oct 2007, 23:54
Yes the priorty is Liverpool !!...............after limited new routes over the past couple of years......Ryanair have come in and overtook Easy as the number one carrier at Speke with a whole load of new destinations!!

Why do I think that you have a real dislike of Man...DWPL??...Is it me or has anybody else noticed this????

That not me being quoted but EZY's media (?) man.

Last time I looked FR was LPL's top performer for just one month.

Getoutofmygalley
26th Oct 2007, 09:58
Starskate, Ignore flaps 15 3 green - he/she sounds bitter!

If you are applying to easyJet you need to use the online application form which can be accessed via the easyJet.com web site. You can attach your resume via the online form. This is the only way you can apply for jobs with easyJet.

k1mmie
26th Oct 2007, 12:56
I recently had a first stage interview with an agency for Swissport as a PSA. We were told this would probably be with Easyjet. Not sure how they deal with this now and what is next, but any advice appreciated. Do Easyjet have height/weight restrictions for ground and do you have to have medicals? SOrry new to all this!

Goldilocks95
26th Oct 2007, 23:04
nope- im a psa and to be honest theyd take anyone! but im with servisair-it couldbe different with you.

conradmueller
29th Oct 2007, 10:17
Any insider from EZY here?
EZY is stopping the LPL-CGN again on Jan 6th. Does anyone know, if it is the annual winter break, where ac. are needed for GVA flights or if the service is coming to a halt?

MUFC_fan
29th Oct 2007, 17:17
I'm guessing it is for the GVA flights which increase dramatically from mid-January until summer season.

Can't see the route finishing unless they are going to increase the LIS route and need the aircraft!

Also, the aircraft may be used for Innsbruk aswell.

Frustratin' Approach
30th Oct 2007, 20:58
Does Speedy Boarding at Liverpool give you any advantage (going to CGN, if it makes a difference)?

I notice in EasyJet's T&Cs that no electronic equipment can be placed in checked baggage. That's awkward, as I'm supposed to be taking some equipment to a show. Is this a common restriction nowadays? I can't find it in Ryanair's T&Cs.

The only other loco option from this area seems to be TUIFly from Man. Same electronic restriction though.

JulietNovemberPapa
3rd Nov 2007, 17:22
...from £2 to £3 per bag.

eu01
3rd Nov 2007, 19:40
And the guilty is... a kind of convergence among the lcc's. I think that most of the good and bad 'innovations' (introduced mostly by FR, but subsequently by many others as well) are just highly CONTAGIOUS. :ouch:

JulietNovemberPapa
4th Nov 2007, 10:43
I think that most of the good and bad 'innovations' (introduced mostly by FR, but subsequently by many others as well)

Well, concerning two fundamental areas...

FR wasn't the first European LCC to begin charging for inflight refreshments.

BE was the first European LCC to charge for checked baggage.

Frustratin' Approach
9th Nov 2007, 10:35
>Does Speedy Boarding at Liverpool give you any >advantage (going to CGN, if it makes a difference)?

To answer my own question, yes it did, on gate 1.

cesare.caldi
10th Nov 2007, 12:00
On sale now Easyjet summer 2008 flights from Belfast, Liverpool and Newcastle.

kriskross
10th Nov 2007, 12:10
Out of curiosity, while I was going to AGP last week, I did a trial run from a performance point of view on a LPL-TFS-LPL route on the flight deck laptop. With a full load of pax and representative bags, using R/W 09 wet, with a low QNH ( worst case scenario ), the EZY 319 will do it easily, it does need the 66k aircraft though, which we already use on the AGP route.

However, EZY business model does not like flights much over 3 hours, TFS would be about 4 and a quarter from memory.

EZY buses are CFM, aren't GBs V2500s?

monkey lover
10th Nov 2007, 12:38
You wouldnt be able to do LPL-TFS-LPL with a full load using a 66k you would struggle using a 68k, and yes GB's are V2500 equipped

ML

kriskross
10th Nov 2007, 21:08
Sorry, but that was what our performance laptop said!!!

Flightrider
11th Nov 2007, 11:18
Anyone know what the big expansion announcement at Gatwick (alongside the acquisition of GB) is going to cover? Apparently up to five more aircraft going into Gatwick next summer as well as the GB fleet.

BIG E
12th Nov 2007, 09:01
Kriscross

Monkey lover is right, a full house with fuel at approx 11.5t works out at around 68k.

eurostar builder
12th Nov 2007, 17:08
Any further news of the Ex Basco Hangar at Bournemouth International Airport being used by Easyjet.

TartinTon
12th Nov 2007, 18:16
"Apparently up to five more aircraft going into Gatwick next summer as well as the GB fleet."

I'd be amazed if they can shoehorn an extra 5 a/c into LGW on top of the existing GB complement given the lack of available slots there. Most hours throughout the day are full and there is a cap at the current limit of night flying.
:ooh::ooh::ooh:

kick the tires
12th Nov 2007, 19:13
All of EZY's 319's are 68 Tonners.
Some are 'restricted' to 64 and 66K to reduce navigation and landing charges; its a paper exercise to get them all up to 68K.

BIG E
13th Nov 2007, 10:31
True, but it still wouldn't run on 66k

Goldilocks95
13th Nov 2007, 18:19
speaking to dm for handling agent-brs, cwl and jersey and he confirmed to us today that easyjet will be operating a flight to jersey from london - luton i think he said. easyjet top people are apparently gonna be in jersey airport tomorow.

GBALU53
13th Nov 2007, 19:32
Interesting rumour had it the operation to Jersey could involve five routes?
We will have to wait and see the outcome of tomorrow.:ok:

toledoashley
13th Nov 2007, 19:46
I'm liking the sound of this.
What about some more flights to the Balkans? - Eurovision in Serbia next year and the tourist board is making a big thing of it at the World Travel Market.

dumdumbrain
13th Nov 2007, 20:35
And whats wrong with BBC1 and Sir Terry for Eurovision, and not forgetting the cd which I have. Im not sure enough people want to travel to Serbia. More Polish routes welcome ;)

Lee

WhiteFly
14th Nov 2007, 11:15
There are rumors that easyJet is trying to buy a hanger in Venizelos international Airport in Athens.. Can anyone Confirm this??

Also heard similar rumors for MUC too

toledoashley
14th Nov 2007, 16:04
Anything come out of Jersey today?

BIG E
15th Nov 2007, 10:37
Some new potatoes..

Topswiss01
19th Nov 2007, 07:29
Anyone knows something about an announcement in Basel on coming Wednesday? I heard there will be news concerning "Basel and Switzerland".

5th aircraft for Basel or increasing ZRH? Or both together? Sounds interesting...

GLENO
19th Nov 2007, 12:18
So does anybody know if Easy will be operating from Manchester or not??
All gone very quiet......although I see that according to some people they have applied for slots?? anybody shed any light on the subject?????

Ta.

dumdumbrain
19th Nov 2007, 12:39
So how many a/c does easyJet have now then? With the extra a/c from GB does that mean it has more than my Ryanair now? :ouch:

Be interestering to compare the two, with dates of new a/c.

Lee

GBALU53
19th Nov 2007, 13:21
A rumour has it Easyjet are due to annonce there yearly profits shortly.:ok:
There seems to be talk also that Easyjet they will be also releasing details of some new routes?:ok:
Some years ago they held a licence to operate Luton to Jersey but this has never been taken up:ok:
With Thompson pulling off the low cost routes like Luton to Jersey and Doncaster to Jersey could these be some of the routes they might be due to annonce as well as Donny being a possible new base?:ok:
On some other forums Jersey seems to be a big possibility with up to five differant routes being offered, let alone some of the other routes that might be in the pipe line, does any one have any ideas on this?:ok:
With the takeover of G.B. there must be a lot happening within the company at this moment, could there be some good xmas presents comming out of the Big Orange xmas cracker?:ok:

dumdumbrain
19th Nov 2007, 13:29
You will all get a Terrys Chocolate Orange for xmas :O

dwlpl
19th Nov 2007, 14:23
A rumour has it Easyjet are due to annonce there yearly profits shortly.
There seems to be talk also that Easyjet they will be also releasing details of some new routes?

The results are due tomorrow.

LGWAlan
20th Nov 2007, 11:42
Preliminary results for the 12 months to 30 September 2007
RECORD PRE-TAX PROFIT UP 56% TO £202 MILLION

* Record pre-tax profit of £201.9m, including a £10.6m one-off benefit of reinstating easyJet’s investment in The Airline Group
* Underlying 1 profit before tax increased 48% to £191.3m and underlying* earnings per share increased 50% to 34.8p
* Passenger numbers up 13% to 37.2m with consistently high load factors averaging 84%
* Total revenue increased 11% to £1,797.2m
* Ancillary revenue increased by 30% to £171.2m, a 47p increase per seat
* Unit operating costs (excluding fuel) reduced 6.4% or £1.81 per seat to £26.55 per seat
* Underlying 1 return on equity increased by 3.5pp from 10.1% to 13.6%
* 8 new destinations and 46 routes added, expanding the network to 289 routes through 77 airports in 21 countries
* European expansion continued with the opening of our 17th base in Madrid and a successful first full year of operation at Milan Malpensa
* Delivery of 100th Airbus A319 in April 2007, bringing total fleet to 137 aircraft with average age of just 2.7 years. One of the most modern and environmentally efficient fleets in Europe
* Agreement to acquire GB Airways announced in October to expand presence at London Gatwick Airport

Commenting on the results, Andy Harrison, easyJet Chief Executive said:

“This is yet another year of record profit at easyJet which underlines the strength of our business model. Despite challenging conditions, revenue, profit and return on equity have all shown strong improvements reflecting the success of our focus on low cost with care and convenience.

“At the same time as driving the financial performance of the business, our now well established management has also expanded easyJet’s network and fleet, which carried over 37 million passengers in the year, making the airline the fourth largest in Europe.”

During 2007 we continued to expand our network in mainland Europe with the launch of our 17th base in Madrid where we carried over 2 million passengers during the year, making easyJet Madrid’s number one low-fares airline. We continued to expand our Milan Malpensa base, where we have become the second largest carrier only one year after the launch of the base and we have agreed to double our capacity to 15 aircraft by the end of 2008.

In the UK we continue to expand our bases, adding two A319s at Gatwick, one at Bristol and increasing our presence at Belfast International to six aircraft. Following the year end we announced the launch of two additional bases in France in spring 2008, at Paris Charles de Gaulle and Lyon.

We continue to innovate at easyJet. In June 2007 we launched easyJetHolidays.com which allows our customers to purchase an integrated flight and hotel package. To supplement our development of the business traveller market, we announced post year end a unique partnership with Amadeus and Galileo. For the first time this allows corporate travel agents access to easyJet via the Global Distribution System (“GDS”). All costs are borne by the user which makes it completely compatible with the low-cost model.

Looking forward, for this winter we expect total revenue per seat to be broadly in line with last winter. For summer 2008 we expect the effect of annualising APD, checked bag charges and growing ancillary revenues to result in total revenue per seat being ahead of the previous summer. High fuel costs will be partly offset by the weak US Dollar however we anticipate an overall increase in Sterling unit fuel costs. Unit costs excluding fuel are anticipated to be similar to last year. The fuel environment remains challenging; however, we believe the easyJet business model is resilient and well positioned for success. Over the past two years we have significantly increased profitability and in the current financial year the Board anticipates an increase in underlying profit before tax of around 20%.

The above outlook excludes the proposed acquisition of GB Airways. We anticipate the acquisition to complete no later than 31 January 2008. Excluding one-off costs of around £12m we expect the acquisition to be earnings enhancing in the current financial year.

1Underlying financial performance excludes the effects of the reversal of the impairment of the Group’s investment in The Airline Group of £10.6m.

angelic111
21st Nov 2007, 08:58
EasyJet just announced flights to Jersey, from London and Liverpool. Starting in April and March...

This Charming Man
21st Nov 2007, 10:10
I understand the meeting in Court with Peel has been put back from Dec to Jan . Anybody have any further news on EZY's attempts to operate from MAN?

devon_guy
21st Nov 2007, 15:16
And just to prove a point BE announce 2 new routes today from Jersey as well!

MUFC_fan
21st Nov 2007, 15:48
Well a certain PPRuNer says that EZY is selling it's current slots in MAN.

If this is so it may seem that the airport is not in the airline's plans, and this can also been seen by todays announcement from LPL-JER but EZY have also applied for slots at the Routes meeting which could suggest that they will be selling the awkward slots such as the 3:55 arrival back into MAN from TFS et al but may keep the morning slots along with it's new ones. Although MAN is not very slot constrained, it is during the busy 6:00-09:00 when the airport has a mass exodus plus the 'heavy' arrivals: VS,SQ, DL, US etc.

The airline are expecting to carry an VERY ambituous by saying it will carry nearly 200,000 in it's first 12 months (lets say 195,000 for arguments sake). That means they expect to carry 134 per flight. (195000/364, 535.7.../4)

pug
21st Nov 2007, 15:50
Slots arent sold at MAN, if an airline doesnt require them they are simply handed back.

aidoair
21st Nov 2007, 17:36
transitionlevelhow many flights a day are EZY going to be doing to jersey?

press release says easy has the capability to carry 190,000 people in the first 12 months. so divide that up by the number of days in the year it comes to over 500 pax every day.

does this mean that they will be offering more than 1 flight each day to each destination?

That figure includes both inbound and outbound flight capacity numbers although this is approximate and does not mean that actual amount of seats that are available from each aircraft. Presumably the LTN flights will be operated by the B737 and the LPL flights by the A319 unless either of the flighs will be operated in a W pattern.

BLKsheriff
21st Nov 2007, 20:10
How about EZY from BLK instead of MAN - plenty of space in the mornings and a different pax catchment area to Liverpool???

MUFC_fan
21st Nov 2007, 21:45
A man after my own heart!:}

There was a rumour a few weeks ago about Stelios (or 'Stavros':rolleyes:) being at BLK but obviously he is not in charge anymore so can't see how this would be directly related but maybe.

Also, nobody has noticed that the BA routes dropped from LGW have not being replaced yet. The new CEO at BLK said that they were in talks with 'a number of airlines' to launch it's LON route once again but that could mean anything.

Lets just hope that these airlines include EZY and BA!;)

corsaman
21st Nov 2007, 23:18
Looks like the early BFS-LPL departure could be operating a BFS-LPL-JER-LPL-BFS pattern. Hence the 737. I hope so - I've missed those firm landings sooooo much!:)

groundrat
22nd Nov 2007, 16:25
Heard from a pilot that there was talk of expanding the base at EDI (6 airbus) in time for next summer-the plan being to directly challenge GSM on their routes.If so,surely that can't be good news for GSM as they are still reeling from a horrendous summer and i don't think they can stand up to a sustained challenge from EZY.

wantabe_crew
22nd Nov 2007, 18:55
I hear that Easyjet are going to Jersy next yr from LPL and LTN will they be wanting crews based over there as well? I am based in SOU but would jump over the water for the chance, also there are other uk crews based in JER / GCI that I know who would like the idea!!

fredtheanorak
22nd Nov 2007, 20:52
I 'm not sure about the MAN slots answer. Isn't that the same as LHR and LCY. In thery theyre handed back actually theyre sold:confused:

GW76
22nd Nov 2007, 21:57
Re EZY expansion at EDI vs GSM- cant see EZY operating to TFS, PUA, SSH, LPA, ACE etc.

BHX5DME
22nd Nov 2007, 22:56
Easyjet will operate their Geneva flights into Summer 2008 from BHX.

More to follow hopefully !

BHX5DME

pug
23rd Nov 2007, 00:53
I 'm not sure about the MAN slots answer. Isn't that the same as LHR and LCY. In thery theyre handed back actually theyre sold:confused:

Are you drunk chief? :ok:

I believe they are handed back, in any case EZY have applied for more slots again... They have done this before so a large pinch of salt may be required but its worth pointing it out anyway...

Bartek
24th Nov 2007, 11:38
Re EZY expansion at EDI vs GSM- cant see EZY operating to TFS, PUA, SSH, LPA, ACE etc.

I would agree, however I could see EZY operating EDI to the likes of PMI, ALC, AGP, FAO, NCE etc, and that would certainly put Globespan in a dangerous position.

MUFC_fan
24th Nov 2007, 12:22
Especially with the GSM prices! Absolutely ridiculous!

EDI-ALC frm £56.99
EDI-FAO frm £54.99
EDI-IBZ frm £69.99
EDI-AGP frm £59.99
EDI-NCE frm £64.99

How can you have fares starting from this price! I know airlines such as BA etc. who operate with a full onboard service can charge these from LHR/LGW but a 'low cost' airline (short haul anyway) with starting prices of £55 to Iberian Peninsula! Its like LS who are charging £98.99 as a starting price on LBA-Olbia!

Is it me or are we all starting to think that what was once 'low cost', now only exists with EZY and FR? Looks like the big two are able to keep their prices down unlike the others (ZB, WW, LS, AB etc.) whos are starting to rise!

BUT!...If the prices fit the market then it's great business sense by the airlines! If they can fill their planes at these prices then well one to them!

james170969
24th Nov 2007, 17:45
I have always found Easyjet to be cheaper than GSM and the luggage allowance is better with Easyjet too! In January I'm flying with Easyjet from Glasgow to Malaga, the return flight only cost me £49 including all charges. Of course, I booked this last June, before they started charging for luggage.
Does anyone know when I will be able to book an Easyjet flight from Glasgow to Malaga in June? At the moment flights are only available until the end of March.

Goldilocks95
29th Nov 2007, 10:41
easyjet release flights for ncl to mjv and lgw to skg.

BIG E
29th Nov 2007, 10:59
Where did you here that goldilocks?

thepeacock
29th Nov 2007, 11:42
Details are on the website.

LGW-SKG will start 30JAN three times a week until season end on 28March. Summer seats will be on sale in a few weeks (still)

NCL-MJV will start 17MAY three times a week and is on sale now.

easyJet shares are down 5% today while dart group are up 15% anyone think these are related ?!

cesare.caldi
29th Nov 2007, 19:05
Easyjet new route: MAD-TNG 6x week from 1 February

TNG is a new Easyjet destination

cesare.caldi
29th Nov 2007, 22:30
On sale now summer flights from EMA, EDI, GLA, BRS and STN.

All routes confirmed except:

EMA-CIA last flight 5 April
EDI-GDN last flight 22 April
GLA-GVA last flight 20 April
BRS-GNB last flight 19 April
BRS-INN last flight 21 April
BRS-LRH last flight 20 May
STN-GVA last flight 20 April

airhumberside
30th Nov 2007, 10:45
Looks like Centralwings has defended EDI-Gdansk well

Is STN-GVA normally year round or seasonal?

chrism20
30th Nov 2007, 16:15
There are several routes not on the booking system yet from EDI. LGW being one of them.

Incidently one of the Centralwings Gdansk services to/from EDI went via Scczecin last week, and a few days earlier the Gdansk only had 42 pax inbound.

Will be interesting to see the CAA figs in a few weeks.

aidoair
30th Nov 2007, 17:39
Looks like Easyjet have increased there hold baggage fees again. This time it has increased by 99p. While this doesn't sound much it is all adding on top of other extras especially if there are a number of people wanting hold luggae allowance in a party. I bet it wont be long until they increase it to £5 each way like Ryanair. I remember both Ryanair, Thomsonfly and Bmibaby steadily increased these fees.

dumdumbrain
30th Nov 2007, 18:24
Ryanair seems to be a tend setter on adding fees and making extra money. The checkin fee doesnt seem to be effecting loads, and a large increase in the number of pax who checkin online. I know not everyone can checkin online, but most of our second home owners can manage with a small case, and also them pax who only go away for a few days. So I guess its good for some and bad for others. Just wait for easyJet to start charging to checkin. . . . . .

Lee

Goldilocks95
1st Dec 2007, 09:59
everythings more expensive to do at the airport now anyway.....you should see the looks we are getting charging £8 for a bag! You know what easyjet should do which would be great - start charging if you ask a stupid questions - number of times i getasked wheres the check in desks....um look behind you. Another thing that would be interesting-we get asked a lot whther we do any baggage labels....im sure some people would pay for them.....so if easyjet did easyjet branded labels they would probably sell quite well. anyway backtothe subject - looks lik brs-rjk has been dropped, its not coming up to buy.....pity i was planning to gothere this year!

take-off
2nd Dec 2007, 09:04
have to say , it really is gettin a bit much ,being charged for this and that and the other, what next a charge for using the steps to get on the plane? Just a another case of rip off britain, stupid thing is people keep paying, heres an innovate idea, how bout an all inclusive price, or one with bags and one with out bags, check-in should be included, its part of the flight:ugh::ugh::ugh::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

james170969
2nd Dec 2007, 17:01
You might have to get used to charges for this that and the other! I heard that a certain Irish low cost airline are thinking about charging passengers to use the toilet. The thing is - what happens if you don't have any loose change to get into the toilet? I suppose you could always open a window :D !!

take-off
2nd Dec 2007, 19:18
that would not surprise me , charging for the toilet , but just smacks of ripping your customer offf every which way you can, its not like when your 30000ft up in the air you have much choice in the matter is it? what next a coin meter for the air con, £1 coin for the seat belt to work, even better , why not charge for the seat aswell. It would be like going in ASDA paying for your shopping but finding out that you have to pay a charge to use the checkout to begin with.
Personally I dont expect owt for nowt, but do begrudge paying for things that should be included in the flight cost , in the first place.

James 1077
3rd Dec 2007, 08:42
Got to disagree with things like "seat charges" and "toilet charges"; but what is wrong with a check-in charge or baggage charge? You don't have to pay them but may do so if you would like the extra convenience of taking a bag with you or checking in at a desk rather than online.

These extra conveniences all cost money to provide so why not ensure that the people using them are paying for them and the pax who don't use them aren't?

OK, this argument could also be used for toilet charges but this is different as you don't really have an alternative when you are on, say, a three hour long flight.

Charlie Roy
6th Dec 2007, 17:23
Bristol to Biarritz
Bristol to Olbia
Bristol to Split
Edinburgh to Nice
Faro to Glasgow
Luton to Jersey
Luton to Pisa

cesare.caldi
6th Dec 2007, 21:27
On sale now summer flight from LTN, GVA, BSL, DTM, SXF and MAD.

Clousing route:

LTN-RJK
LTN-RMI
LTN-TRN

GVA-BFS
GVA-BOH
GVA-GLA
GVA-STN
GVA-NCL
GVA-PRG

MAD-OTP
MAD-PMI

BHX5DME
6th Dec 2007, 22:43
Geneva - Birmingham is now also on sale for S08

BHX5DME

LGS6753
7th Dec 2007, 08:42
Cesare -

The Easy flights from Luton to Rijeka, Rimini and Turin are certainly not yet in the booking engine. Neither are flights from Luton to Grenoble and Istanbul. I can't imagine that Easy has dropped all these routes - after all, the destinations remain in the drop-down list of places served from Luton even though Rimini and Rijeka finished in Sept 07.
I guess there will be a further release of flights on these (and other) routes.

Powerjet1
7th Dec 2007, 08:58
Grenoble is winter only, as is Turin now, which this year finished on 21 April. Back for this winter though. Istanbul & Rimini are just late I understand. Rijeka is dropped.

Sky Wave
7th Dec 2007, 18:02
Grenoble is winter only, as is Turin now, which this year finished on 21 April.

LTN-TRN finished on 21st April this year?

Don't think so.

I flew there in May and July this year.

The Flying Cokeman
17th Dec 2007, 08:43
Here's the latest from EZY mail this morning. This should answer some questions regarding Manchester slots.
Andy Harrison announces massive expansion by easyJet in the North West of England: more aircraft in LPL and a new base at Manchester...
Hi Everybody
Today we have announced a massive expansion of our operation in the North West of England, with more aircraft going into Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LPL) and the opening of a base in Manchester International Airport (MAN). This will make us the biggest airline operating in the North West, carrying four million passengers. This is fantastic news for easyJet, our guys at the LPL base and means we shall build upon the talent and customer base that GB Airways has established in MAN.
Our proposed purchase of GB Airways, which was announced in October, has given us the opportunity to expand faster in the North West. With the strength of the GB Airways operation in MAN and our long-established base in LPL, I am delighted to tell you that we have chosen to further invest in LPL and continue GB Airways’ successful MAN enterprise. These two principal airports in the North West have an enormous catchment area and by 2010 we shall have 5 aircraft in MAN and 10 in LPL.

To give you a brief update on the proposed acquisition of GB Airways, our plans are progressing well and we are awaiting the approval of the competition authorities before we can complete the transaction. The integration planning is going very well and I have been hugely impressed with the commitment and professional of both the GB Airways and easyJet teams. There is a great spirit of cooperation to deliver the best outcome for us all. There are weekly integration meetings covering all aspects of the process, including bringing both airlines onto a single AOC (Airline Operating Certificate), the commercial and marketing plans, crew training and the GB crew are being measured up for their uniforms. It is expected that GB Airways will continue to operate their existing routes under the British Airways brand until 29 March, after which all flights will operate under the easyJet brand, and by winter 2008 GB Airways will be fully integrated into the easyJet business model.
More news about the GB Airways purchase on completion.

The Loan Arranger
17th Dec 2007, 17:00
Heard today on the radio that EasyJet are to open a new base at Manchester. They envisage commencement of operations in March 2008 with up to 50 destinations at some time in the future.

Jet 2 - you've got serious competition now!

TwoOneFour
17th Dec 2007, 17:20
I hear from the wires that a certain other airline is going to add to that headache tomorrow. ;)

Suzeman
17th Dec 2007, 18:02
See the existing Manchester and Liverpool threads for more details

Suzeman

17th Dec 2007, 18:05
This is the result of the G.B. buyout announced a while back.
I don't suppose they did that because they liked the colour of the a/c!
It isn't such big news.
(I suppose it's good news if you worked for G.B....)

Mister Geezer
17th Dec 2007, 19:28
Well some of the GB crews in Manch are under the impression that easy are not coming to Manch.