View Full Version : Air Japan (AJX) B767

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

JFL
25th Jul 2020, 15:20
Appreciate the reply, that is a rough read

The Dominican
25th Jul 2020, 19:00
that is a rough read

And that was the "Glass half full" projection!

Blue Strip25
1st Sep 2020, 11:44
Letter from Management:

Dear All,
Greetings, my sincere best wishes to you all. I hope you are keeping well.

As a result of COVID-19 and the tremendous loss of business and revenue, ANA and Air Japan, like other airlines around the world, have had to undertake a serious and detailed look at our operation and business plans. It has been very difficult for us and I am sure it has been difficult for you as well. Finally, we have made some decisions that are outlined below.

The following measures will be taken:

As of August 31st Air Japan must reluctantly notify all pilots that their assignments from the respective contracting company shall be terminated. In keeping with the various agency contracts this decision is announced providing the minimum required ninety day notice. We sincerely regret having to make this announcement. However, under the circumstances we are left with no choice. Each of your contracting companies have been in close contact with the Flight Operations section of Air Japan and a number of decisions have been made related to this notice and our plans going forward.

As has been mentioned by CEO Mr....., Air Japan will survive. We in Flight Operations look forward to the day when you will be able to re-join us to help us rebuild this airline, after the world recovers from this pandemic. Your contracting company shall outline the details of our plans. We thank you for your loyal and professional service to this point and again, we look forward to seeing you here in Japan. Until then please take care of yourselves and your families.

With most sincere thanks.

Air Japan Co., Ltd.

Armani
4th Sep 2020, 08:32
SayoFCK’Nara
Especially Captain Tinder (CREW’s Poster boy), you got what you deserved mate 🖕🏻
gtseraf
4th Sep 2020, 10:32
SayoFCK’Nara
Especially Captain Tinder (CREW’s Poster boy), you got what you deserved mate 🖕🏻
That's a bit harsh, if I read it correctly. 300 pilots have lost their livelihoods and you are celebrating. Be careful KARMA may just bite back!

The Dominican
4th Sep 2020, 15:50
Better times ahead, this is a cyclical career and we have seen this before.

We all knew that as contract pilots our existence at this airline was dependent on growth and progress.

I for one left with a sense of gratitude and had a wonderful experience both at the company and in Japan. Met some very good people and flew with some great aviators, you will all find a nice landing spot when things start improving again, and they will, sooner than it appears at the moment.

j.nips
5th Sep 2020, 12:04
At least all ex-AJX crew has the JCAB license and experience operating in Japan. Surely it'll count when/if a bounceback will happen and applying for other Japanese operators like Peach or Jetstar in the future, even if non-type rated.

gtseraf
19th Sep 2020, 22:32
all contracts have been terminated, so yep, we are all doing something else for now. For many there may be an option for AJX mark II in about 18 months time (possibly) for others it is the end of the AJX adventure for good. Very sad to see but, c'est la vie.

Lucifer786
14th Oct 2020, 09:34
Jet star Japan looking for NTR A320 skippers … 😳
How real is that I wonder ?

jpn crj driver
15th Oct 2020, 02:08
Jet star Japan looking for NTR A320 skippers … 😳
How real is that I wonder ?
I am not at JJP however have a good mate that is... They are not looking to add ANY staff... Closing down RJBB base... Have told the current pilots their Head Count reduction plan... So no they will do a head count reduction before any additional hiring it appears, unless something changes... Current loads are such that it is not likely they will increase scheduled flights in the near term... Sorry to be a Debbie downer... Hopefully boarders will open soon...

j.nips
15th Oct 2020, 04:03
Indeed. But there is a Jetstar thread already. https://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/573409-jetstar-japan-6.html#post10876243

mark one eyeball
16th Oct 2020, 16:43
I would say R.I.P. Air Japan and soon all LCC's in Japan
prospects not good

bringbackthe80s
16th Oct 2020, 23:19
I would say R.I.P. Air Japan and soon all LCC's in Japan
prospects not good

Nice positives vibes as always

The Dominican
18th Oct 2020, 14:04
Rubbish! International travel will come roaring back and with it the shortage of crews that created the need for foreign pilots in Japan on the first place.

Defered item
19th Oct 2020, 09:13
Rubbish! International travel will come roaring back and with it the shortage of crews that created the need for foreign pilots in Japan on the first place.
Not only in Japan, hope all over the world!

Lucifer786
19th Oct 2020, 18:02

As sure as dawn follows a rough night …!!!

Blue skies

Stallone
27th Oct 2020, 12:27
https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/ana-new-air-japan-boeing-787-airline

Some news

arrow28
28th Oct 2020, 11:55
ANA reportedly retiring 35 aircraft this year. Would that mean they are discarding all the B767 variants operated by ANA and Air Japan?

Armani
28th Oct 2020, 18:57
Dream on, you are living on fantasy island Mate

Armani
28th Oct 2020, 19:00
At least all ex-AJX crew has the JCAB license and experience operating in Japan. Surely it'll count when/if a bounceback will happen and applying for other Japanese operators like Peach or Jetstar in the future, even if non-type rated.

Are you kidding?
The so called “Golden JCAB License” is worthless Mate, besides Japansee aviation is finished as we know.

Armani
28th Oct 2020, 19:03
Better times ahead, this is a cyclical career and we have seen this before.

We all knew that as contract pilots our existence at this airline was dependent on growth and progress.

I for one left with a sense of gratitude and had a wonderful experience both at the company and in Japan. Met some very good people and flew with some great aviators, you will all find a nice landing spot when things start improving again, and they will, sooner than it appears at the moment.

I am sure your previous CRJ experience and marginal AJX captain upgrade will count 😂

mark one eyeball
28th Oct 2020, 19:07
When a company evolves and begins to take on an attitude that "it is too big for its boots" it has a tendency to take risks

Unfortunately with the pandemic it has hit ANA hard
The big ego has been subdued, the bubble has well and truly burst

With the $5 billion loss, confidence and money haemorrhaging, there is going to be a meek and mild new ANA
A very different company that will pull back from bold decision making
and on its knees to its creditors

The Dominican
28th Oct 2020, 20:15
I am sure your previous CRJ experience and marginal AJX captain upgrade will count 😂

Thanks brother, so nice of you to send good vibes! It did actually land me a 777 DEC position. I return the favor by wishing you all that you wished me.

lee_apromise
28th Oct 2020, 21:12
Thanks brother, so nice of you to send good vibes! It did actually land me a 777 DEC position. I return the favor by wishing you all that you wished me.

Thats bloody awesome! Congrats!!

bringbackthe80s
28th Oct 2020, 22:29
Are you kidding?
The so called “Golden JCAB License” is worthless Mate, besides Japansee aviation is finished as we know.

Mate. I don’t know why i’m even commenting. If you think the 2nd economy in the world and the only far eastern country really aligned to the west, an island so far away and isolated, will remain without aviation this says a lot about your situational awareness.
Not that the shape of their aviation should affect you in any way to be honest.

bringbackthe80s
29th Oct 2020, 01:18
When a company evolves and begins to take on an attitude that "it is too big for its boots" it has a tendency to take risks

Unfortunately with the pandemic it has hit ANA hard
The big ego has been subdued, the bubble has well and truly burst

With the $5 billion loss, confidence and money haemorrhaging, there is going to be a meek and mild new ANA
A very different company that will pull back from bold decision making
and on its knees to its creditors

Every single airline in the world who survives this will be on their knees to their creditors for a few years. Or did you think there is an airline on this planet who can make it on their own burning a couple of billions in their bank?

arrow28
29th Oct 2020, 01:29
For those who have JCAB licences and are interested in what is going on in Japan, here are some indications. Just Google, ANA Holdings or ANA Air japan or ANA Peach Aviation. It's all there.
Some example below.

https://samchui.com/2020/10/27/ana-to-launch-new-airline-and-retire-22-b777s/#.X5oYPO1S_IU

ANA, Peach Aviation to launch joint cargo flights in Japan in Nov.

Stallone
29th Oct 2020, 06:17
ANA reportedly retiring 35 aircraft this year. Would that mean they are discarding all the B767 variants operated by ANA and Air Japan?

22 of the 35 are B777

maxconthrust
29th Oct 2020, 12:46
Every single airline in the world who survives this will be on their knees to their creditors for a few years. Or did you think there is an airline on this planet who can make it on their own burning a couple of billions in their bank?

When you owe the bank 1 million dollars, you're in trouble.
When you owe the bank 10 billion dollars, they're in trouble.

cdeanda
29th Oct 2020, 21:59
And then there was silence... :}​​​​Poor troll Armani

Felicidades Dominican!

mach.865
23rd Nov 2020, 07:36
Are there many or any Ossie pilots from Air Japan interviewing for Peach jobs?

E165
2nd Dec 2020, 01:13
Handful already hired and started training...

E165
2nd Dec 2020, 01:14
Good on them, especially during these times.

Cindyxx
2nd Dec 2020, 01:46
Handful already hired and started training...
hired as FO or Ca at peach?

mach.865
3rd Dec 2020, 20:23
Apparently only ex Air Japan captains are being employed as captains at Peach. Air Japan FO's not considered for Peach command positions.

Lucifer786
4th Dec 2020, 22:44
Wonder when air japan will re open its Captain recruitment programme. Now with this vaccine just around the corner.
shouldn’t be much longer I feel before international flying resumes and borders are opened and AJX starts flying with decent loads.
I suppose that would be the cue for the pilots waiting patiently in holding pool.

Cindyxx
5th Dec 2020, 00:47
Wonder when air japan will re open its Captain recruitment programme. Now with this vaccine just around the corner.
shouldn’t be much longer I feel before international flying resumes and borders are opened and AJX starts flying with decent loads.
I suppose that would be the cue for the pilots waiting patiently in holding pool.

Aj's biggest market is mainland China but I dont see China will open the door anytime soon.

jrmyl
6th Dec 2020, 14:56
AJX may never open that door again. Definitely not anytime soon. No expat is working for AJX any longer. They gave everyone the option of bailing permanently or opting for a recall at sometime in the future. So before any "Captain recruitment programme" would start they would need to offer recall to everyone that wants it. And a recall won't be very quick. It will take at least 6 months for the training to get qualified. Figure maximum 8 pilots per class and a class every other month. Figure at least 150 people who will return and you can see it will be a long time before any off street hiring.

bringbackthe80s
6th Dec 2020, 23:34

Maybe you haven’t read the announcement from the group about how they planned their future?

calypso
8th Dec 2020, 14:26
Maybe you haven’t read the announcement from the group about how they planned their future?

No. Can you illuminate us please

Lucifer786
8th Dec 2020, 14:52
Yes can u please explain

jrmyl
8th Dec 2020, 22:52
Yes can u please explain

AJX is basically done for the next year and a half at a minimum. They are still operating some flights, but only with mainline ANA pilots. Every expat was terminated effective 11/30/20. It was a **** situation to say the least. They gave us the option of leaving for good with some pay or hoping for a recall with a little pay and health insurance.

ANA is now saying they are going to start a medium haul LCC using the AJX operating certificate and 787's. None of us know what that will mean in the future as far as the hiring or recalling of foreign crew.

But as of now, it will be a long time before any expat is in the cockpit of an ANA aircraft.

BoxFly
9th Dec 2020, 11:00
More importantly we have no idea what the T/C's will look like for the new AJX. Time will tell however it is unlikely that it will be what we had prior to the NOV 2020 termination.

The Dominican
9th Dec 2020, 12:27
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/aero-crew-solutions_hiring-pilots-pilotjobs-activity-6741849658961862656-L40f

A choice for instructors with the right to work in the US.

Climb150
9th Dec 2020, 13:36
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/aero-crew-solutions_hiring-pilots-pilotjobs-activity-6741849658961862656-L40f

A choice for instructors with the right to work in the US.
iaero is the new name for Swiftair, a dumpster fire of a company. Read the contract carefully.

Saudia330
7th Mar 2021, 14:15
I heard AJX start to call cockpit crew to come back. Any update?

BoxFly
8th Mar 2021, 18:36
Absolutely zero truth to that rumor.

MBA747
8th Mar 2021, 23:38
I think a number of Air Japan pilots joined Peach on The A320. Some as Captains, others as First Officers. ....Would be interesting to know the split.

Saudia330
21st Jul 2021, 08:27
Any update concerning the unpaid leave of foreigners pilots finish and when AJX will start hiring again?

Lucifer786
21st Jul 2021, 12:03
Any update concerning the unpaid leave of foreigners pilots finish and when AJX will start hiring again?

What fleet are you asking about

Saudia330
21st Jul 2021, 14:57
Boeing 767 or 787

Lucifer786
22nd Jul 2021, 08:46
Wonder what happens to the pilots who applied for the same positions in the last ad, just before AJX stopped recruitment

Kaboobla
22nd Jul 2021, 21:41
300+ AJX guys to be recalled and courses of 8 only per month. A lot of foreign Japanese ATPL holders out of work with layoffs from Skymark and Jetstar also.

Japanese borders currently closed to non-residents

Contract changes certain. ANA were paying 10s of thousands of dollars in commuting costs each month for pilots from South Africa and South America. No need to do that when there is a massive surplus of qualified, experienced pilots.

I would say its going to be a very, very, very long time before Air Japan is hiring externally and then hiring pilots without an existing Japanese ATPL.

WYOMINGPILOT
25th Jul 2021, 05:38
Most of those 300 will never return as they’ve moved on. The new contract will likely only offer commuting on ANA mainline only. When things slowly start to improve for International travel ANA will be frantically trying to play catch up so hiring will happen sooner than you think.

mark one eyeball
28th Jul 2021, 21:09
Good most of the 300 guys have moved on, good for them
In the future, if they decide to recruit again hopefully they will show more respect to the gaijins who help them out in their hour of need to keep their operation running

heavydane
9th Aug 2021, 18:47
Yeaaaaar, good luck with that!

mijbil
1st Nov 2021, 23:37
This drifted into the inbox a few days ago. I doubt it has anything to do with AJX but the fact it was for a Japanese outfit made me think of that contract. I have 4 acquaintances who have or had worked there. The commuting was ideal (apart from the timezones) and once through the very onerous training, they all quite liked it.
I had considered it but by the time I had shed a few pounds for their BMI thing and started the process, there was a little thing from China on the loose causing a bit of stir and a shutdown.

​​​​​​htt---------ps://www.cae.com/ajb-templates/job-details-marketing/crew-training-department-instructor-japan-24618?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=org&utm_campaign=ParcNewsletter_October&utm_content=webpage&mc_cid=e918f1c561&mc_eid=e9070736fb

edit - apparently I need 10 posts to be able to post a url so copy, remove obvious dashes, and there's your link. Perhaps a more frequent poster can tidy it up for me.

HighSpeedAluminum
2nd Nov 2021, 04:32
CAE Japan instructor position (https://www.cae.com/ajb-templates/job-details-marketing/crew-training-department-instructor-japan-24618?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=org&utm_campaign=Parc Newsletter_October&utm_content=webpage&mc_cid=e918f1c561&mc_ eid=e9070736fb)

sandson
25th Dec 2021, 04:59
This forum is dead..they will start re-hiring again from April 2022. Apparently commuting using Y class only.

jrmyl
26th Dec 2021, 21:22
This forum is dead..they will start re-hiring again from April 2022. Apparently commuting using Y class only.
And to clarify. They are not hiring new people. They are only offering recall to pilots who were working there prior to the pandemic. Starting only with pilots who were qualified on the 787.

Yes, no more c-class commute, only y-class. Reduction in salary. Reduction in health benefits.

All in all a pretty sucky new contract. The good times are dead.

Alfie.floor
27th Dec 2021, 07:34
And to clarify. They are not hiring new people. They are only offering recall to pilots who were working there prior to the pandemic. Starting only with pilots who were qualified on the 787.

Yes, no more c-class commute, only y-class. Reduction in salary. Reduction in health benefits.

All in all a pretty sucky new contract. The good times are dead.

yes until they find out that nobody wants to go there anymore with those conditions. Most airlines around the world have used Covid to water down terms and conditions. Little do they know that a pilot shortage might just be around the corner.

sandson
27th Dec 2021, 11:54
Exactly. Forgot to mention that. Only pilots with previous contracts are being recalled. I guess many won't accept returning with these terms.

lee_apromise
27th Dec 2021, 13:24
Met many ex AJX and NCA pilots working at Kalitta Air. I asked if they want to go back to AJX and 99% said no.

I mean, why would they if they can hold 747 and 777 CA in less than 3 years on the property with positive space commuting?

MBA747
28th Dec 2021, 22:33
So would somebody like to post the new Terms and Conditions that they are offering so that one could do a comparison.

Armani
17th Mar 2022, 01:29
Looking yourself in the mirror there cdeanda?
No need to troll the obvious
QUOTE=cdeanda;10914643]And then there was silence... :}​​​​Poor troll Armani

Felicidades Dominican![/QUOTE]

Armani
17th Mar 2022, 03:49
Hahahaha

QUOTE=The Dominican;10913775]Thanks brother, so nice of you to send good vibes! It did actually land me a 777 DEC position. I return the favor by wishing you all that you wished me.[/QUOTE]

Armani
17th Mar 2022, 03:56
LOL
yeah, good luck with that statement

Mate. I don’t know why i’m even commenting. If you think the 2nd economy in the world and the only far eastern country really aligned to the west, an island so far away and isolated, will remain without aviation this says a lot about your situational awareness.
Not that the shape of their aviation should affect you in any way to be honest.

Eurostar25
14th Nov 2022, 09:04
Whats the latest with Air Japan?
Have they recalled all those who were previously employed and or wished to return?
Any outlook for new hires?
Understand the contract has been trimmed back, where would one be able to find a copy of it?
Is the newly branded airline starting in 2023 but the current AJX crew operating the mainline 767/787 arrangement still in place?

Thanks in advance

jrmyl
14th Nov 2022, 21:45
Whats the latest with Air Japan?
Have they recalled all those who were previously employed and or wished to return?
Any outlook for new hires?
Understand the contract has been trimmed back, where would one be able to find a copy of it?
Is the newly branded airline starting in 2023 but the current AJX crew operating the mainline 767/787 arrangement still in place?

Thanks in advance
They have not recalled all yet.
Discussions about possible recalls for those who didn't finish training or hadn't started training but were technically hired.
No idea where you would find that as those of us who haven't accepted recall haven't even seen it yet.
AJX is only a 787 operator now. No more 767. When the newly branded airline starts that will be AJX crew.

The Dominican
18th Nov 2022, 18:52
Not a lot of takers for what some of my colleagues are saying. Losing all the longevity pay and no more business class makes this contract not very appealing

Stallone
16th Mar 2023, 08:06
new terms -
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52fd40e4e4b01646a34c30fb/t/641115d88563024ed6449c65/1678841304415/For+new+recruiting_Summary+of+the+commuting+contract+as+of+1 3MAR2023+AJX+%281%29.pdf

Required Experience

Total time: Minimum of 3000 hours
Total Commercial Jet Time: Minimum of 500 hours
License: - EASA, FAA, ICAO ATPL
Medical: Valid Class I
Rating: Valid ICAO Jet Aircraft Type Rating with a Command Instrument Rating
Cross Country Time: 200+ hours
Cross Country PIC/PUS Time: 100+ hours
Instrument Flight Time: 75+ hours

This opportunity has a host of benefits including:

5 years renewable contract
Tokyo, Japan Base
Pension Contribution
Commuting allowance
Commuting roster – 10 days off consecutively each month, plus 2 days for commuting
Contract Completion Bonus (upon completion of 5-year contract)
Annual leave: 24 days a year (2 days accrued each month)
Accommodation at Tokyo and outstations provided

Rie
16th Mar 2023, 08:13
new terms -
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52fd40e4e4b01646a34c30fb/t/641115d88563024ed6449c65/1678841304415/For+new+recruiting_Summary+of+the+commuting+contract+as+of+1 3MAR2023+AJX+%281%29.pdfEconomy class confirmed tickets from Japan to the Flight Crew Member’s registered domicile and return. or

Subject to availability “business class confirmed company tickets of ANA operated flights” (with economy class confirmed connection tickets on other airlines, if they are required) from Japan to the Flight Crew Member’s registered domicile and return.

Well that's a pay drop from the past especially taking into account inflation. Are they still legally not a resident of Japan? Entering in on the shore pass doesn't really help with taxation worldwide.

Also the loss of proper business class travel as it is only subject to availability is a bit of a kick in the face.

Good luck to those applying but might be better off on a cargo contract elsewhere.

fgw
17th Mar 2023, 01:23
Is situation getting better in Japan?
Any body have any idea regarding
DEC?

AirYabai
31st Mar 2023, 09:52
Anyone with further news?

I've heard there will be a screening in May, contacted CREW but no reply from them.

brown_eyes
1st Apr 2023, 23:25
So why doesn't Air Japan recruit pilots from Peach seeing they are under the ANA umbrella. It provides an incentive for Peach pilots to stay and also for AJX to get pilots of a known quality.

The Dominican
1st Apr 2023, 23:47
So why doesn't Air Japan recruit pilots from Peach seeing they are under the ANA umbrella. It provides an incentive for Peach pilots to stay and also for AJX to get pilots of a known quality.
They couldn't care less if pilots stay or not. Why would they provide incentives?

jrmyl
2nd Apr 2023, 01:25
They couldn't care less if pilots stay or not. Why would they provide incentives?
Exactly.. Plus Japan is not like the US. Companies don't recruit from other companies. They recruit from Universities and train them to their ways. It's close to a miracle that they actually recruit foreign pilots to come in.

sam10
8th Apr 2023, 09:44
have a call with Air Japan at the end of this month. What should I expect? Is this a screening call then will be asked to come to Japan for an interview if successful?
not from the US and this commute contract should be good for me...it seems the contract has been updated - what are their rules for spouse coming? Does the spouse only come for training once/twice and then they can't go again since we will stay in hotels or do they allow apartments? do they apply for visas. please provide insights on living conditions..do some pilots decide to reside there? thank you

vennnz
8th Apr 2023, 18:38
no wonder why there are no new guys coming from japan to EVA, FO tops at 5600$ monthly, housing is just a company dorm or 800$ outside and pilot covers the rest (typical rent is closer to 1200$ for a decent place) hourly per diem is 3.3$ and overtime only 1 or 2 months a year (based on 75h), commuting only works for pilots within SEA, 8 block days off, no travel days so you waste 2 to 3 days just commuting if you live somewhat far, confirmed seats only on eva, if you live further away zed is available but be prepared to feel the stress of full stby flights or pay the price for a guaranteed seat out of your pocket.

that's why many taiwanese are waiting for available positions ar STARLUX and expats are leaving for better paying jobs basically anywhere now.

Kaboobla
9th Apr 2023, 01:57
have a call with Air Japan at the end of this month. What should I expect? Is this a screening call then will be asked to come to Japan for an interview if successful?
not from the US and this commute contract should be good for me...it seems the contract has been updated - what are their rules for spouse coming? Does the spouse only come for training once/twice and then they can't go again since we will stay in hotels or do they allow apartments? do they apply for visas. please provide insights on living conditions..do some pilots decide to reside there? thank you

I have been looking at this job too. Here's what I know so far:

- No residency or capacity to live in Japan. No visa. Just in and out on a shore pass.
- Spouse can visit twice during the training but as above no visa or any other residency.
- Tax is up to you. As you are not employed in Japan, Japanese taxes do not apply
- Accomodation during the simulators is in apartments in down town Tokyo. During line training and after check out its in Narita hotels - no company apartments in Narita anymore.

eriknandez24
9th Apr 2023, 07:39
Hey Sam,
good luck with the call.

may I ask you which broker you used? Thank you

sam10
10th Apr 2023, 14:30
Eriknandez24,

through PARC

Kaboobla,

thank you for the info, much appreciated

AirYabai
4th May 2023, 20:24
Sam 10, or anyone else going for the may assessment? What can you share at the moment? How was that first call with AirJapan last month?

Also, for people with experience between CREW and PARC, which would you recommended? I heard very good things about CREW but that was pre-covid so I don't know how they stack up against PARC who certainly seems like a bigger player out there.
I was told (and read here somewhere...probably back in the thread) that their health insurance was far better than PARC but lost out on Loss of License conditions. I believe a good health insurance for you and the misses can certainly add up as an extra benefit at the end of the month compared to private insurance, at least around here!

Mr_ATPL
9th May 2023, 17:05
Post Covid T&C have decreased significantly.

Capt B787 60-70h month, $7.680 Y1 for NTR, Y1 for TR capt $9.680 + $39 per diem / day.
Capt B787 Y5, $12.340, + ticket home (Y for all airlines. J class w/ANA pending availability) + $39 per diem / day.,
Capt B787Y20, $15.640, + ticket home (Y for all airlines. J class w/ANA pending availability) + $39 per diem / day.,

Involuntary recalls have begun !!

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Kraus
9th May 2023, 21:03
Sam 10, or anyone else going for the may assessment? What can you share at the moment? How was that first call with AirJapan last month?

Also, for people with experience between CREW and PARC, which would you recommended? I heard very good things about CREW but that was pre-covid so I don't know how they stack up against PARC who certainly seems like a bigger player out there.
I was told (and read here somewhere...probably back in the thread) that their health insurance was far better than PARC but lost out on Loss of License conditions. I believe a good health insurance for you and the misses can certainly add up as an extra benefit at the end of the month compared to private insurance, at least around here!

No insurance for your family or loss of license.

RealSatoshi
10th May 2023, 02:24

Capt B787 60-70h month, $7.680 Y1 for NTR, Y1 for TR capt $9.680 + $39 per diem / day.
Capt B787 Y5, $12.340, + ticket home (Y for all airlines. J class w/ANA pending availability) + $39 per diem / day.,
Capt B787Y20, $15.640, + ticket home (Y for all airlines. J class w/ANA pending availability) + $39 per diem / day.,

That is LAUGHABLE to say the least :\

jrmyl
13th May 2023, 12:33
That is LAUGHABLE to say the least :\
It truly is. And the only way it will improve is if no one shows up. But that is a long shot at best.

Ledi43
21st May 2023, 19:40

Involuntary recalls have begun !!

CAVEAT EMPTOR
Do they provide hotel or housing when working? How's rosters?

sam10
25th May 2023, 11:32
Has anyone heard back after having a call from the recruiting company?

ppruneuser0210
26th May 2023, 21:30
Nothing here from Longreach

Has anyone heard back after having a call from the recruiting company?

59CT
27th May 2023, 02:33
Recently i got the email from CREW.They are saying I could attend the screening session, and for booking the flight tickets they request my credit card information.
But I am not sure this is really CREW or some kinds of fraud.

This is my first time to apply other airline, so I dont know this is common thing or not.

Is there anyone who knows about it??

Kraus
28th May 2023, 02:05
Recently i got the email from CREW.They are saying I could attend the screening session, and for booking the flight tickets they request my credit card information.
But I am not sure this is really CREW or some kinds of fraud.

This is my first time to apply other airline, so I dont know this is common thing or not.

Is there anyone who knows about it??

NOT, it’s a fraud.

glekichi
28th May 2023, 15:30
Exactly.. Plus Japan is not like the US. Companies don't recruit from other companies. They recruit from Universities and train them to their ways. It's close to a miracle that they actually recruit foreign pilots to come in.

Thread drift, but that is just blatantly wrong. Tonnes of pilots move between airlines within Japan.

Blackace27
29th May 2023, 23:48
CREW does ask for credit card information to secure the airline tickets and a hotel room for screening and to avoid charges when candidates cancel at the last moment. We've been doing this for years. However, this is a valid concern. We will try to devise a better method of getting this done. Please do continue the application process and stand by for a resolution to this question.

Kraus please retract your statement as it is not accurate and may interfere with our ability to process new candidates.

Thank you.

The Dominican
30th May 2023, 12:07
Thread drift, but that is just blatantly wrong. Tonnes of pilots move between airlines within Japan.
I think jrmyl was referring to the Japanese legacy carriers. Unlike the United States where in times of high pilot demand (like now) pilots are continuously jumping from United to American to UPS, in search of not commuting, better quality of life, better insurance, better retirement, better looking uniforms or whatever. That doesn't happen with the Japanese legacy carriers. As you said that "Tonnes of pilots move between airlines in Japan" that might be true at the Skymark, Air Do and Star Flyer, but that doesn't happen at the legacy level like in the United States. You will not see any Japanese pilot that started with JAL or ANA right out of high school, all of a sudden jump to Peach because he or she would rather be based in Kansai. That just doesn't happen (unless that person lose their job for some reason) like it is happening here in the US now a days.

People here in the US are leaving, FedEx to go to Delta, and leaving Southwest to go to UPS in search of the proverbial greener pastures. It is as green as it will get in Japan working for JAL or ANA.

glekichi
31st May 2023, 15:04
I think jrmyl was referring to the Japanese legacy carriers.

Fair enough. Particularly ANA. That said there are a couple of ex ANA guys in my airline and a lot of ex JAL that have all resigned to move elsewhere at some point or another.
JAL and ANA mainline dont take externals, but Air Japan, ANA Wings, and all those full uniform wearing, livery sharing subsidiaries quite often do! As well as those second tier airlines you mentioned.

In the original context of guys leaving Peach for Air Japan - quite likely but I doubt it when its easier to take people from other airlines and not leave Peach short.
A program to allow progression would be a good idea IMO. A similar concept was considered in the JAL group but AFAIK it hasn't gone anywhere.

MaxAuto
1st Jun 2023, 02:47
CREW does ask for credit card information to secure the airline tickets and a hotel room for screening and to avoid charges when candidates cancel at the last moment. We've been doing this for years. However, this is a valid concern. We will try to devise a better method of getting this done. Please do continue the application process and stand by for a resolution to this question.

Kraus please retract your statement as it is not accurate and may interfere with our ability to process new candidates.

Thank you.

Just return the contract to pre Covid levels + 7% inflation and none of this will be a problem.

jrmyl
1st Jun 2023, 21:01
Just return the contract to pre Covid levels + 7% inflation and none of this will be a problem.
Yes. Exactly.

AirYabai
2nd Jun 2023, 19:57
Anyone active in this thread that is currently flying for AirJapan by the way?
Or actively applying?

Jocico_de_perro
13th Jun 2023, 16:12
Can ex-pilot ana share old shedule. I know it is different as now is 787 instead of 767 but are the same destination. They refer to overtime in excess of 70 hours. Can I get in 17 days?. I read an old 2007 post earning more money that is crazy pay drop.

dabz
14th Jun 2023, 03:22
Are people applying for this job? Or has ANA figured out they need to improve the conditions to pre-covid or better to attract talent?

brown_eyes
16th Jun 2023, 02:08
So has AJX restored the 30K bonuses they paid every year and the 30K at the end of contract.??

AirYabai
17th Jun 2023, 15:42
Someone posted the new terms for FO's a few replies back, Its 18k at end of 5 year contract atm, no idea about captain's since they are only recruiting FO's right now.

They do have a note stating "Incentive Bonus
Tentatively approved for FY2022 and FY2023
*Payment will be paid following fiscal year above"

BrownCony
24th Jun 2023, 05:48
I applied for this job, but after document check they decided not to forward my application. maybe because of my nationality. FO NTR ATPL 6500hr +

jrwhitehat
4th Jul 2023, 02:42
Pre-covid one of the most senior and respected Captains at Air Japan was a former Malaysian Airlines pilot. Not sure if he has returned. Just FYI

Cindyxx
15th Jul 2023, 00:25
I applied for this job, but after document check they decided not to forward my application. maybe because of my nationality. FO NTR ATPL 6500hr +
May I ask which agency you went with?
Did you ask them why?

sam10
22nd Aug 2023, 14:25
Sorry for the late reply. I got called to go there for an interview so I would appreciate any information and guidance possible. The call was very short just to go over the info I sent in the application, nothing else. Can anyone provide some guidance? Thank you

Catacroker
11th Sep 2023, 20:24
They haven't given me a date but they have pre-approved my application. Anyone anything?

AirYabai
12th Sep 2023, 09:43
Waiting to hear back from the agency at this time but they seemed interested based on the last phone call.
Which one did you go with Sam10, Catacroker?

sam10
12th Sep 2023, 11:50
I went with PARC. Let me know when you get the call.

sam10
12th Sep 2023, 11:50
Who pre-approved? The agency or the airline directly? How are you preparing? What material will you use to prepare?

Catacroker
14th Sep 2023, 21:17
Waiting to hear back from the agency at this time but they seemed interested based on the last phone call.
Which one did you go with Sam10, Catacroker?
CAE, no info about when to go

AirYabai
15th Sep 2023, 10:48
I'm also waiting to hear back from PARC (Ireland office) but they have been quiet for the past month after the last contact. I couldn't make the august screening they mentioned in their call and now September is looking out of the question as well.
Do you have an actual date to go Sam10?

In the meanwhile, I did notice that the terms have been modified in July compared to March. A Little more money and a confusing accommodation note. Accommodation

Hotel provided by AJX at commuting destination & outstations.

-or- 100,000 JPY. Accommodation Fee for local accommodations arranged by pilot. Restrictions apply.

Anyone knows exactly how this works?

Messerschmitt
21st Sep 2023, 17:53
What work visa do you need to work for a japanese airline? Is it even possible? I have Canadian/EU citizenship if it matters.

HeadUpTheTailpipe
22nd Sep 2023, 06:49
If they're hiring expats, they'll take care of that.

AirYabai
4th Oct 2023, 16:18
Its a commuting contract, you won't need a work visa except for training which is handled by the company. After it expires, they wont renew it and you will enter japan with a crew permit, it bypasses the need for visas but its more limiting. I believe it's 7 or 9 days maximum and you are limited to the area of your port of entry, so technically, if you arrive in Narita, you can't go on a trip to Kyoto.

Sam10 and Catacroker, you guys have any updates regarding your screenings? Best of luck!

Catacroker
4th Oct 2023, 16:41
Its a commuting contract, you won't need a work visa except for training which is handled by the company. After it expires, they wont renew it and you will enter japan with a crew permit, it bypasses the need for visas but its more limiting. I believe it's 7 or 9 days maximum and you are limited to the area of your port of entry, so technically, if you arrive in Narita, you can't go on a trip to Kyoto.

Sam10 and Catacroker, you guys have any updates regarding your screenings? Best of luck!
mid-October here, if anyone has any tips...

AirYabai
5th Oct 2023, 09:49
Sadly no, other than what was already posted on this thread long ago by some people that had first hand experience.

The brokers state they will provide you interview guidance and simulator prep help, didn't you get anything from them either?

sam10
8th Oct 2023, 14:21
Yes - early November. Hoping for the best!

magenta magnet
21st Oct 2023, 04:37
Out of interest, those who have been called for an interview can you please state your experience?
I saw one person had +6500hr, didn't mention aircraft types etc / jet?

Richbot
26th Oct 2023, 22:24
Out of interest, those who have been called for an interview can you please state your experience?
I saw one person had +6500hr, didn't mention aircraft types etc / jet?

3400hr, ERJ FO

Skippy69
26th Oct 2023, 22:41
I've thrown an application in, nearly 2000 hrs command from GA days and about 3500 hrs (multi command and Turbine) total with all the other requirements. No where near the 6500+ that the other bloke had... Although I'm curious if many of the European applicants have much command time? As it's obviously different to the Aus system, wander how they view the different types of time?

Richbot
26th Oct 2023, 23:05
I've thrown an application in, nearly 2000 hrs command from GA days and about 3500 hrs (multi command and Turbine) total with all the other requirements. No where near the 6500+ that the other bloke had... Although I'm curious if many of the European applicants have much command time? As it's obviously different to the Aus system, wander how they view the different types of time?

It’s a lengthy process, I applied with about 3100TT - 650 jet, 715 command from GA, 1550 odd ME turbine. I guess depends which recruiter you went through.. either way they are very meticulous about the paperwork

magenta magnet
27th Oct 2023, 03:52

Do you have any jet time?
I'm honestly thinking this is what all these company paper pushers just want to tick off the box and why they reject guys who only have turboprop time. (wonder if they know a turboprop is a jet lol)

Skippy69
28th Oct 2023, 14:17
Yeah mate, jet time and all. Went though an OZ based contracting agency. I'm none too bothered either way, I'm happy to get the Sim prep if it puts me in good stead for the job... Not a Boeing pilot though....

Skippy69
28th Oct 2023, 14:18
It’s a lengthy process, I applied with about 3100TT - 650 jet, 715 command from GA, 1550 odd ME turbine. I guess depends which recruiter you went through.. either way they are very meticulous about the paperwork
Did you get in??? Or a call up?

buberri
3rd Nov 2023, 13:52
A word of warning to you all... this contract job is not at all what it used to be. Lots of other airlines are starting to hire hard now, and out of all of them, this is one of the few places where everyone is trying to get out, not in.

Uselesshalf
4th Nov 2023, 11:17
Anyone thinking of applying here should think twice. It isn't what it used it be (not that it was that great anyway)..... The fact most are looking elsewhere speaks volumes. Approx 50% of pilots that are eligible to return haven't bothered (wonder why)

Quite a few crew already out the door to the likes of EK. Don't believe the spin from the contract companies.

AirYabai
6th Nov 2023, 10:25
Anyone thinking of applying here should think twice. It isn't what it used it be (not that it was that great anyway)..... The fact most are looking elsewhere speaks volumes. Approx 50% of pilots that are eligible to return haven't bothered (wonder why)

Quite a few crew already out the door to the likes of EK. Don't believe the spin from the contract companies.

Care to elaborate more? The contract conditions are announced and available online, so even if its not amazing people know what they are getting money wise at least.
Pilots not coming back, I can understand with the current US market situation and their salaries going through the roof compared to pre-covid times, no US based crew would be interested in getting less and be further away from home.

I'm actually curious as to what the company is doing now with their pilots. Are they flying the regular ANA flights most of the locals don't take as someone mentioned several replies back in this thread? Is everyone at home twiddling thumbs?
Or are they flying 90 hours per month like the guys leaving for EK will?

Uselesshalf
6th Nov 2023, 11:59
I can assure you it isn't just the Americans who haven't returned. Australians, Kiwis, Brits and the list goes on. You will be treated like a second class citizen, spend 19 nights of the month in a Japanese hotel. The per diem's won't cover your meals. The constant yo-yo between Narita and Haneda hotels. Not to mention that business class commute that you pay $2k for is a duty travel ticket (treated like again a second class citizen). Some have even been told at check in that there isn't a business seat for them. Before covid nobody left for EK. The fact that 90 hours a month living in Dubai is a better option than this place surely says something.

Catacroker
6th Nov 2023, 19:05
I can assure you it isn't just the Americans who haven't returned. Australians, Kiwis, Brits and the list goes on. You will be treated like a second class citizen, spend 19 nights of the month in a Japanese hotel. The per diem's won't cover your meals. The constant yo-yo between Narita and Haneda hotels. Not to mention that business class commute that you pay $2k for is a duty travel ticket (treated like again a second class citizen). Some have even been told at check in that there isn't a business seat for them. Before covid nobody left for EK. The fact that 90 hours a month living in Dubai is a better option than this place surely says something.
Care to share a roster? I mean, if you're going to go ahead and say this it'd be nice to bring some proof.

buberri
9th Nov 2023, 04:19
The contract might look good on paper - personally I don't think it looks that good anymore - but the reality is it's all the small details that ruin this job. Six months+ of mindless training getting treated like a 200 hour cadet. Check to line and still treated like a 200 hour cadet. Admin staff that won't help you out even if it's in their best interests as well. Filling out a 5 page google form for every stupid thing (seriously, you'll lose at least a couple of hours of your life every single month). Bussing back and forth and back and forth between Narita and Haneda hotels, which doesn't count as duty and is almost always rostered before or after a flight. Knowing that at any time you could lose your shot at an upgrade, just because you did something trivial to upset them. You can't raise even the most simple problem without being treated like crap for the next six months. I could go on...

And this is before you realize that the contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on. This was learnt the hard way when the pandemic rolled around.

Uselesshalf
10th Nov 2023, 03:30
Pre covid everyone was of the impression that AJX would honor the contract. Covid showed that not to be the case (has been proven in court - Google 'Mueller vs Parc').

​​​​Things must be pretty bad when even the contract companies are admitting in emails that morale is bad but they're 'trying' to fix it.....

p102c24
13th Nov 2023, 17:55
Hi guy, i am new on this forums. Just apply for Air Japan via CAE, they accept my doc, but tomorrow they arrange a 30mins phone call. Does anyone know what is about?
i read lot of negative comments about new contract with Air Japan. Can anyone who currently hired or have been attend their assessment give out some leaks.?

Lawrance
20th Nov 2023, 07:02
It seems like all major recruitment agencies are hiring for the NTR 787 position. This job also caught my attention. Although info here is very clear I haven’t found any details regarding TR bond. Can anyone kindly disclose that?

Blackace27
21st Nov 2023, 20:57
There is no training bond.

AirYabai
28th Nov 2023, 06:45
Ey guys, Sam10 and Catacroker, did you attend the interviews/simulators?
How did things go? Anything you can share?

Hope that no news are good news on your side of things!

sam10
6th Dec 2023, 11:53
Ey guys, Sam10 and Catacroker, did you attend the interviews/simulators?
How did things go? Anything you can share?

Hope that no news are good news on your side of things!

Unfortunately, I didn't get the job. I went all the way there, did the interview/sim etc and got an email hours later that I was unsuccessful. With all the effort put in, it's just unfortunate that you can't get feedback on why you weren't successful. It's not really the typical western style interview some may think, it rather is more of a check ride in an aircraft you've never flown before as I am not type rated on Boeing. Regardless, I did everything I could to be successful and didn't have any mishaps. For all that are going, just prepare what was sent to you as I think that is more than enough. I don't regret going but I realize the travel is a lot but you have to be willing to adapt as their culture and lifestyle is very different. If I got the job, I might have had a difficult time with the travel as it's far but just wanted to give a heads up to those that are applying and to be open-minded. Good luck to all!

Catacroker
29th Dec 2023, 17:06
I was hired. tough interview (although very nice staff in general) but if you practice and study, you'll make it.

FCOM737
4th Jan 2024, 20:47
I was hired. tough interview (although very nice staff in general) but if you practice and study, you'll make it.
Hello. Congratulations! What kind of interview questions to expect?
Much appreciated!

AE86
16th Jan 2024, 12:20
Hi, anyone does know about a good place to practice the sim profile in Europe?

Thank you very much!

Catacroker
16th Jan 2024, 15:41
everything that has been said in the thread

FCOM737
16th Jan 2024, 17:50
everything that has been said in the thread
I just thought that due to changes in the airline and moving to b787 fleet, process might have changed. Thanks for the answer!

Richbot
16th Jan 2024, 18:50
Hi, anyone does know about a good place to practice the sim profile in Europe?

Thank you very much!

Simaero Paris
they even loaded the airport into the sim for me. Great bunch

AirYabai
2nd Feb 2024, 21:39
How much per hour? Do they offer instructor or was it extra?

flytita
3rd Feb 2024, 00:15
Hello all, first time posting here, does anyone know term and conditions and salary for FO? Also if there is any broker accepting B787 TR ?

wom
21st Feb 2024, 10:40
Good day,

Anybody did their assessment on January 2024 and got any info back?

Thx

AE86
24th Feb 2024, 19:41
Are they very strict with the 3000 hrs TT requirement or recently they have been flexible with less amount of hours (e.g. 2500 )?

aseriesofleftturns
28th Feb 2024, 23:06
Do you have any jet time?
I'm honestly thinking this is what all these company paper pushers just want to tick off the box and why they reject guys who only have turboprop time. (wonder if they know a turboprop is a jet lol)

A turboprop is not a jet

Manish013
6th Apr 2024, 10:18
Hi guys,

Can anyone please advise, if it is possible to change the agency from parc to crew or vice versa before & after signing the contract ?
thanks in advance.

Kapt320
25th Apr 2024, 22:02
me and another friend have withdrawn from CAE parc and have secured our screening in first week of June with CREW. . you will be hired by agency and not the airline directly. your salary is deposited by the agencies. so i dont think you cannot switch after your are hired . feel free to connect with us to exchange interview notes , we are A320 rated, currently in New Delhi.

Kapt320
25th Apr 2024, 22:22
Congrats ace. im also screening in june. has your ground training started ? is it in singapore or japan ?

me179
29th Apr 2024, 10:49
Hi guys,

Can anyone please advise, if it is possible to change the agency from parc to crew or vice versa before & after signing the contract ?
thanks in advance.

Can you please shed the light on why do you wanna change? I am considering applying through CAE or do you advise to go through CREW instead?

me179
29th Apr 2024, 10:51
Does anyone know if AirJapan upgrade FOs, I am at 3000 hrs Boeing WB and considering to apply. Can one get an accommodation in Tokyo? As I know, the Airline doesn't provide residency in the country, and without that it would be difficult to find aproper accommodation. Can anyone shed the light on that.

Catacroker
29th Apr 2024, 10:52
Hello. Congratulations! What kind of interview questions to expect?
Much appreciated!
everything is in this thread already :)

Manish013
29th Apr 2024, 11:25
Can you please shed the light on why do you wanna change? I am considering applying through CAE or do you advise to go through CREW instead?

Hi,
I cannot advise you which agency is better. I just wanted to see the possibility of doing it, if I wanted to.
From the past posts in the forum, I understand crew might be a bit better with the insurance.
Crew's last update to the terms & condition was in July last year, which offered a bit better salary than the previous. while i do not have any update from CAE. If you have latest, do share.

Kapt320
29th Apr 2024, 12:58
hey Catacroker , is the type rating and other ground training in japan or singapore ?

Kapt320
29th Apr 2024, 12:58
Manish013 your inbox is full

RickMatt
29th Apr 2024, 18:59
Hey Kapt320, let’s connect?