PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2-5 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600427-jet2-5-a.html)

Downwind_Left 24th Oct 2019 14:07

Just donít forget that Jet2 used to fly to Sharm before, so comments about them not entering this market due to instability are somewhat misplaced.

The link below is from their own website
Flights to Sharm now on Sale

LBIA 24th Oct 2019 15:16

I'm sure Jet2 use to operate Sharm el Sheikh from not just Manchester but also Leeds/Bradford, East Midlands and Newcastle using the Boeing 757-200's

I wonder if they may also look at Tunisia again?

Jamesair 24th Oct 2019 16:43

You are correct, I remember Sharm el Sheikh appearing in the Newcastle timetable.

LiamNCL 24th Oct 2019 17:27

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....4f534203c3.jpg

Sharm el Sheikh announcement back in the day.

castleford tiger 24th Oct 2019 17:46

61 birds in the air mid week October that's not bad

tiger

Garstag 24th Oct 2019 18:14


Originally Posted by castleford tiger (Post 10602546)
61 birds in the air mid week October that's not bad

tiger

it was more like 72 today

Flying Hi 24th Oct 2019 21:58


Originally Posted by Downwind_Left (Post 10602378)
Just donít forget that Jet2 used to fly to Sharm before, so comments about them not entering this market due to instability are somewhat misplaced.

The link below is from their own website

That WAS 20 years ago.
A lot has happened since then.

Johnny [email protected] Pants 25th Oct 2019 07:37


That WAS 20 years ago
​​​​​​​Jet2.com didn’t even exist 20 years ago.

Flying Hi 25th Oct 2019 08:25


Originally Posted by Johnny [email protected] Pants (Post 10602861)


Jet2.com didnít even exist 20 years ago.

Typo sorry - 10 years. 2010
​​​​​​​My bad

Captain_Caveman 25th Oct 2019 10:03


Originally Posted by Garstag (Post 10602564)
it was more like 72 today


How many flights did they operate in the day... if it was just 144 then thats not good

chaps1954 25th Oct 2019 10:22

Pretty good for end of season

Garstag 25th Oct 2019 10:27


Originally Posted by Captain_Caveman (Post 10602962)
How many flights did they operate in the day... if it was just 144 then thats not good

not all airframes do four sectors a day this time of year ! ! Probably about 120

jonnyrobbo 25th Oct 2019 15:39


Originally Posted by Mooncrest (Post 10602100)
AFAIK the 733s will still be around next summer but I don't know beyond that. You could be right about GDFG - I haven't seen it for a while. It's quite likely that CELE will call it a day this week.

According to Jethro's G-CELE was withdrawn from use on Wednesday 23rd and is due at St Athan today!

irishlad06 26th Oct 2019 00:11


Originally Posted by jonnyrobbo (Post 10603228)
According to Jethro's G-CELE was withdrawn from use on Wednesday 23rd and is due at St Athan today!

GGDFG is currently in DUB having a planned C Check until roughly the 2nd week of December.

GCELE will now go to DGX on Monday. (TBC)

apparently GLSAG still due to be WFU in and around the 3rd week of November. AH and AI have been postponed but AG still to be scrapped.


chaps1954 26th Oct 2019 10:34

Take it that it was due a major check so not worth the effort/money

JW95 26th Oct 2019 17:38

STN
 
Are there any expansions in the pipeline for the Jet2 STN base? Also, do Jet2 use jet bridges at Stansted as they do in other airports?

pamann 26th Oct 2019 23:30


Originally Posted by JW95 (Post 10603995)
Are there any expansions in the pipeline for the Jet2 STN base? Also, do Jet2 use jet bridges at Stansted as they do in other airports?

I can answer the second question... No. They use stairs even though the majority of departures are ex Sat 1.

Rpm25 27th Oct 2019 15:23

Jet2 has bought 7 A321 from Thomas Cook. 3 of them will be based at BHX and the remaining 4 on MAN. Flight crew (technical and cabin crew) from BHX and MAN are going to he trained on A321.

Scottie Dog 27th Oct 2019 17:01


Originally Posted by Rpm25 (Post 10604570)
Jet2 has bought 7 A321 from Thomas Cook. 3 of them will be based at BHX and the remaining 4 on MAN. Flight crew (technical and cabin crew) from BHX and MAN are going to he trained on A321.

This was already mentioned in post #1750 on 22nd October and discussed subsequently. Better though to post twice than not at all.

Anyway, as a new member can I welcome you to the forum Rpm25.


Rpm25 27th Oct 2019 17:03


Originally Posted by Scottie Dog (Post 10604613)
This was already mentioned in post #1750 on 22nd October and discussed subsequently. Better though to post twice than not at all.

Anyway, as a new member can I welcome you to the forum Rpm25.

I didnít see it. Thanks for the welcome anyway


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:28.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.