PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2-5 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600427-jet2-5-a.html)

P330 13th Mar 2020 16:08


Originally Posted by San Expiry (Post 10712701)
Silly me! I missed the bit in the headline '

Foreign Office tells Britons not to travel to Spain unless it is essential

that exempted Jet2 holidays.

The FCO advice for specific regions only. Outside of Madrid, I donít see the main holiday resorts affected. But surely, this is just a matter of time.

Flying Hi 13th Mar 2020 16:30


Originally Posted by P330 (Post 10712711)
The FCO advice for specific regions only. Outside of Madrid, I donít see the main holiday resorts affected. But surely, this is just a matter of time.

So if its its 'no travel' to, say, Alicante shortly, does that mean Jet2 must cancel your holiday and. REFUND?

P330 13th Mar 2020 16:47


Originally Posted by Flying Hi (Post 10712735)
So if its its 'no travel' to, say, Alicante shortly, does that mean Jet2 must cancel your holiday and. REFUND?

Up to Jet2, but the norm would be for Jet2 to offer you a refund, a change of date or a change to a new destination.

The reality should now be hitting home that regular holidays to Europe for the first part of summer are just not going to happen. If weíre lucky, things may start to come back in June but given the aim of the UK is to push the peak to June, how many countries want British tourists.

vinnym 13th Mar 2020 17:06

Spoke to Jet2 today regarding a holiday to Portugal next week. I realise that the FCO have not issued a do not travel notice. I asked could I rebook for later in the year. I was told I could change the holiday to any departure up to April 2021. I would have to pay any difference in the price which I expected. I was then given the hammer blow when they told me there would be a admin fee if £150 pp. So it would cost me £300, what a rip off. I expected to pay something to change dates but £300 is ott.

Flying Hi 13th Mar 2020 17:15


Originally Posted by vinnym (Post 10712773)
Spoke to Jet2 today regarding a holiday to Portugal next week. I realise that the FCO have not issued a do not travel notice. I asked could I rebook for later in the year. I was told I could change the holiday to any departure up to April 2021. I would have to pay any difference in the price which I expected. I was then given the hammer blow when they told me there would be a admin fee if £150 pp. So it would cost me £300, what a rip off. I expected to pay something to change dates but £300 is ott.

Take your holiday and enjoy.

ATNotts 13th Mar 2020 17:18


Originally Posted by vinnym (Post 10712773)
Spoke to Jet2 today regarding a holiday to Portugal next week. I realise that the FCO have not issued a do not travel notice. I asked could I rebook for later in the year. I was told I could change the holiday to any departure up to April 2021. I would have to pay any difference in the price which I expected. I was then given the hammer blow when they told me there would be a admin fee if £150 pp. So it would cost me £300, what a rip off. I expected to pay something to change dates but £300 is ott.

Not a rip off at all. The FCO has not issued a "do not travel" notice, so you would be changing your booking for personal reasons. In those circumstances you would always pay a fee.

If I were you I'd go, enjoy your trip, take the usual sensible hygiene precautions (the sorts of things you'd do anyway, irrespective of the Covid-19) and the likelihood is you'll come back perfectly OK. You are likely to contract Covid-19 whether you go to Portugal or stay in UK.

Buster the Bear 13th Mar 2020 21:15

Jet2 and other operators to stop taking passengers out to Cyprus and flights only to repatriate customers.

LBIA 13th Mar 2020 21:50


Originally Posted by Buster the Bear (Post 10713032)
Jet2 and other operators to stop taking passengers out to Cyprus and flights only to repatriate customers.

You can add flights from all Jet2's UK bases to Italy, Austria, Czech Republic and Malta to that list.

Flying Wild 13th Mar 2020 21:55


Originally Posted by LBIA (Post 10713067)
You can add flights from all Jet2's UK bases to Italy, Austria, Czech Republic and Malta to that list.

And Poland from Sunday.

USERNAME_ 13th Mar 2020 23:17

So what does that leave?
ALC, BCN, AGP, FAO, CDG/AMS, PMI, TFS, FUE, LPA, FNC, NCE. I would imagine a lot of parked aircraft if thatís the case, especially since most of those listed arenít even daily at some bases.
isnít Mainland Spain supposed to be closing sometime soon too?

ROC10 13th Mar 2020 23:25


Originally Posted by USERNAME_ (Post 10713137)
So what does that leave?
ALC, BCN, AGP, FAO, CDG/AMS, PMI, TFS, FUE, LPA, FNC, NCE. I would imagine a lot of parked aircraft if thatís the case, especially since most of those listed arenít even daily at some bases.
isnít Mainland Spain supposed to be closing sometime soon too?

I read Benidorm is closing down imminently, and think Majorca may be too. There will probably be a blanket ban soon. I donít think the Canaries have any cases yet but I believe they are also beginning to shut down/isolate.

USERNAME_ 14th Mar 2020 00:04


Originally Posted by ROC10 (Post 10713142)
I read Benidorm is closing down imminently, and think Majorca may be too. There will probably be a blanket ban soon. I donít think the Canaries have any cases yet but I believe they are also beginning to shut down/isolate.

So the canaries, FAO, CDG and AMS. Also GVA, for now.

ROC10 14th Mar 2020 00:46

According to Jethros, Jet2 will only be leasing 2 A330s from AirTanker rather than the original 3.

I suspect they may be trying to get out of other leases ASAP but this may not be possible at this late stage.

tictack67 14th Mar 2020 04:14


Originally Posted by ROC10 (Post 10713142)
I read Benidorm is closing down imminently, and think Majorca may be too. There will probably be a blanket ban soon. I donít think the Canaries have any cases yet but I believe they are also beginning to shut down/isolate.

Eh?

Tenirfe had 5 covid-19 cases and 700 guests are/were in lock down on Adeje.


rog747 14th Mar 2020 06:31

TUI turned back 2 a/c en route to Tunisia as there is a now a ban on travel there. So Tunisia is also off the list.
The a/c I think popped into Palma for fuel before heading back to UK.

Not sure if Jet2 had ventured back to Tunisia??

SWBKCB 14th Mar 2020 06:36


Originally Posted by ROC10 (Post 10713142)
I read Benidorm is closing down imminently, and think Majorca may be too. There will probably be a blanket ban soon. I donít think the Canaries have any cases yet but I believe they are also beginning to shut down/isolate.

Nothing formal will happen (cancellations, refunds, insurance) until the the FCO travel advice changes - that still stands at Madrid and a few communities in the north. I don't think Jet2 were in Tunisia, either.

rog747 14th Mar 2020 06:40

Yes thanks I just checked the Jet2 route map and they do not go to Tunis nor anywhere in North Africa.

Re Jet2 Hols charging a £150pp admin fee to change a holiday I have to say that is a bit steep & mean - I have just had to cancel a huge trip and almost everyone has refunded me in full for all my arrangements - I would defer back to them asking them nicely to consider their loyal customers and that many Operators (Cruise and Tours) are now NOT charging folk to rebook.

Playamar2 14th Mar 2020 07:43

Not realty the right forum for this post . However, an update to an earlier post about the Canary islands. Total covid-19 cases are 63 with 1 death. Tenerife has 43 cases of which 1 is serious.

P330 14th Mar 2020 09:15

A number of Jet2 flights bound for Spain are currently turning around over France and heading home.

P330 14th Mar 2020 09:25

In fact, I canít see any flights in the air going to Spain or the islands. Any not in the air appear to have delays.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:16.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.