PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2-5 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600427-jet2-5-a.html)

ROC10 20th Feb 2020 21:54

Seems like it’s just a very convenient coincidence. Or from the other side, perhaps the LS code encouraged them to move to Leeds? Very unlikely I’d say but worth noting whilst we've been pondering...

USERNAME_ 21st Feb 2020 01:00


Originally Posted by Gurnard (Post 10692382)
That may be, but it doesn't alter the fact that the LS connection goes back over 40 years to the time when the carrier's ancestor was based in Bournemouth and the Leeds connection was not relevant. See Flitefone's post (above) on the 19th.


Oh yeah I wasn’t arguing that, I was just stating that both of the locations are in fact in an LS postcode, after another poster said they were not.
a very happy coincidence indeed

LiamNCL 22nd Feb 2020 10:01

G-GDFF is back from Victorville and back in service.

sparkie320 22nd Feb 2020 18:31


Originally Posted by Flitefone (Post 10691582)
LS was actually the two letter code used from 1978 by Channel Express, the airline that became Jet 2 under the leadership of the present Jet2 chairman and many years before the move to Leeds was conceived. Jet2 inherited the Channex coding legacy.

The connection to a Leeds postcode was not intentional, but no doubt a handy marketing ploy for a business putting down new routes in the north..

Smart company!

Afraid remember the Bournemouth days from when went to school there
the Herald doing the Channel Islands flower one
by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr
happy days


FamilyOf6 23rd Feb 2020 11:04


Originally Posted by GLAinsider (Post 10691476)
G-CEL Channel Express Limited
G-GDF Great Deal Friendlier
G-LSA LS1 The reservations system that holds the whole thing together
G-JZH JetZholidays (Jet2holidays)
G-JZ JetZ (Jet2)
G-DRT DART Group
G-HLY Holidays (All a/c in Jet2holidays livery)


G-DRT has been the sequence for the second hand B738s (since G-JZHH) but we have reached G-DRTZ now so it will be interesting to see what comes next 😉

Thanks. I had wondered about the GDFs. NOTICED GDFC parked up at TFS yesterday as the 'spare'. I believe she had covered a Faro relief flight and saw her returning on Friday night.

I noticed a TUI bird next to her with engine covers. Assumed this was their "spare" but then, on taxi saw it was a MAX.

chaps1954 24th Feb 2020 07:56

Just out of interest they were having problems with Sahara sand in the Canaries over weekend

LiamNCL 25th Feb 2020 22:18

Number of flights have left TFS tonight and have headed to FAO AGP and ALC im guessing this is to free up TFS without enough hours to reach their final destination ?

nowhereasfiled 25th Feb 2020 23:42

This summer leases:
Air Europa 737-800 EC-IDT @ LBA (186Y)
AirTanker A330-200 G-VYGK @ MAN (320Y)
AirTanker A330-200 G-VYGL @ MAN (327Y)
AirTanker A330-200 G-VYGM @ MAN (327Y)
HiFly Malta A321-200 9H-LIS @ MAN (220Y)
Smartlynx A321-200 YL-LCQ @ BHX (220Y)
Smartlynx A321-200 YL-LCV @ BHX (220Y)
Smartlynx A321-200 YL-LDA @ BHX (220Y)
Titan A321-200 G-POWN @ STN (218Y)
Titan A321-200 G-POWU @ STN (220Y)
Titan A321-200 G-POWV @ STN (220Y)
Titan A321-200 G-POWW @ STN (220Y)
Titan B757-200 G-POWH @ BHX(202Y / Wet lease)

garry8g 26th Feb 2020 09:43


Originally Posted by nowhereasfiled (Post 10696041)
This summer leases:
Air Europa 737-800 EC-IDT @ LBA (186Y)
AirTanker A330-200 G-VYGK @ MAN (320Y)
AirTanker A330-200 G-VYGL @ MAN (327Y)
AirTanker A330-200 G-VYGM @ MAN (327Y)
HiFly Malta A321-200 9H-LIS @ MAN (220Y)
Smartlynx A321-200 YL-LCQ @ BHX (220Y)
Smartlynx A321-200 YL-LCV @ BHX (220Y)
Smartlynx A321-200 YL-LDA @ BHX (220Y)
Titan A321-200 G-POWN @ STN (218Y)
Titan A321-200 G-POWU @ STN (220Y)
Titan A321-200 G-POWV @ STN (220Y)
Titan A321-200 G-POWW @ STN (220Y)
Titan B757-200 G-POWH @ BHX(202Y / Wet lease)

There is also the potential of another aircraft from Hi Fly, possibly another A330.

LiamNCL 26th Feb 2020 09:57

The next A321 has rolled out of the paint hangar at Ostrava looking a bit white.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....2318450d85.jpg

simoncorbett 26th Feb 2020 11:36

Jet 2
 
Does any know ?
Are all the jet 2 holidays insignias just ‘ stickers’ ? I would of thought the blue tail would be paint at least...
?

Flying Wild 26th Feb 2020 11:49

It's all paint.

LiamNCL 26th Feb 2020 12:29

Likely be finished off when its back in the UK

LBIA 27th Feb 2020 15:56

Glasgow summer 2021 now on sale joining Edinburgh, Belfast Int'l, Manchester & Newcastle bases.

Jet2 puts Glasgow summer 2021 on sale

LBAflyer22 27th Feb 2020 16:32


Originally Posted by garry8g (Post 10696340)
There is also the potential of another aircraft from Hi Fly, possibly another A330.

Where is this information coming from? It's very late in the day for another A330 from Hi Fly considering, more then likely, all the numbers for Crew and Training crew on the different aircraft has already been established and is underway.

A330 from Hi Fly next year maybe. This year no. And Jet2 are not a late mover.

garry8g 27th Feb 2020 18:05


Originally Posted by LBAflyer22 (Post 10697442)
Where is this information coming from? It's very late in the day for another A330 from Hi Fly considering, more then likely, all the numbers for Crew and Training crew on the different aircraft has already been established and is underway.

A330 from Hi Fly next year maybe. This year no. And Jet2 are not a late mover.

Several pages back on this forum it was mentioned, as it was originally the intention to have 2 A321's from Hi Fly (Can't remember the date or post number).

irishlad06 28th Feb 2020 00:53


Originally Posted by garry8g (Post 10697514)
Several pages back on this forum it was mentioned, as it was originally the intention to have 2 A321's from Hi Fly (Can't remember the date or post number).

This definitely won’t happen now. The program has been signed off now and if anything Jet2 will now be very cautious with the Coronavirus situation. This may require for flights / holidays to be adjusted. Particularly if the situation doesn’t improve in northern Italy

garry8g 29th Feb 2020 10:10


Originally Posted by irishlad06 (Post 10697763)
This definitely won’t happen now. The program has been signed off now and if anything Jet2 will now be very cautious with the Coronavirus situation. This may require for flights / holidays to be adjusted. Particularly if the situation doesn’t improve in northern Italy

Thanks for the update :ok:

Flying Wild 2nd Mar 2020 10:41

G-HLYF due to conduct it's CAA proving flight this afternoon.

Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP 2nd Mar 2020 16:47

It’s now on the AOC. Crew training flights start tomorrow.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:51.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.