PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2-5 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/600427-jet2-5-a.html)

Yeehaw22 11th Apr 2020 17:59


Originally Posted by pabely (Post 10746763)
I'm no accountant but owning an asset is not always a good thing. I think the 2018 accounts said the 737 order was financed with more debt and loans which will have to be serviced anyhow.

Not only that. But from what I've heard the lease companies aren't exactly in a strong position to say no to any lease/payment deferrals at this time. Not like they can place their asset elsewhere.

castleford tiger 23rd Apr 2020 17:54

45 DAY RULE is going to put pressure on the Sims?

Is it 2 days per driver?

Tiger

Jaf4fa 23rd Apr 2020 18:00

All sims and ground training on hold at the moment. We are more likely to come up against the 3 in 90 rule for the majority😟😟

Johnny [email protected] Pants 23rd Apr 2020 19:27


45 DAY RULE is going to put pressure on the Sims?

Is it 2 days per driver?
The 45 day rule is only for recency, 1 take off and landing required. So, no, it’s not a 2 day event for that, it’s 10-15 minutes per person. If we go beyond 90 days then it’s 3 take offs and landings, so that’s be about 20-30 minutes per person.

LBIA 24th Apr 2020 08:30

Jet2 latest trading update, Leeds based owners Dart Group PLC seem to be doing ok despite the COVID-19 situation.

https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2020/0...andemic-impact

gojmc 24th Apr 2020 08:35


Originally Posted by LBIA (Post 10761303)
Jet2 latest trading update, Leeds based owners Dart Group PLC seem to be doing ok despite the COVID-19 situation.

https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2020/0...andemic-impact

Saying they are doing "ok" is a bit naive. Jet2 did very well until 31st March. They have no visibility of what this financial year might look like.

Mr @ Spotty M 24th Apr 2020 11:05

Taken from Travel Weekly:
Dart Group, which suspended flying in mid-March due to extensive European travel restrictions, is seeking whether it is eligible for the government’s Covid Corporate Finance Facility.
Despite holidays and flights being on sale from June 17, the group disclosed that it faces a £109 million exceptional charge relating to “ineffectiveness on a proportion of FY21 fuel and foreign currency hedges in the FY20 results” due to operations being suspended for an indeterminate period.

In my opinion doing better than many others, but not out of the woods by any means yet.

castleford tiger 2nd May 2020 17:27

I don't think the 109 m is the cost of this. That's just the Hedge gone wrong cost
tiger

Mr @ Spotty M 5th May 2020 14:55

Not looking good for the likes of Jet2 or Tui.
Taken from the Travel Weekly.
Tourism chiefs in Palma are hopeful that some travel will resume by August this year.
Palma Tourism Board manager Pedro Homar said that restrictions were likely to be lifted first for local and domestic travellers, with hopes for a return of international travel later in the year and in to 2021.

toledoashley 5th May 2020 14:59


Originally Posted by Mr @ Spotty M (Post 10773362)
Not looking good for the likes of Jet2 or Tui.
Taken from the Travel Weekly.
Tourism chiefs in Palma are hopeful that some travel will resume by August this year.
Palma Tourism Board manager Pedro Homar said that restrictions were likely to be lifted first for local and domestic travellers, with hopes for a return of international travel later in the year and in to 2021.

Very similar to what has been coming out of the Canaries as well - they are not expecting foreign tourists until August/September.

inOban 5th May 2020 15:29

And even then they would be daft to take visitors from the UK rather than from countries with much lower rates of infection.

The96er 5th May 2020 15:39


Originally Posted by inOban (Post 10773395)
And even then they would be daft to take visitors from the UK rather than from countries with much lower rates of infection.

Iceland revealed extremley high infection rates after undertaken mass testing of their population but so far have had relativly low death rates. There are more factors at play than just the headline grabbing daily death count that seems to be the ultimate measure of success.

ATNotts 5th May 2020 16:09


Originally Posted by The96er (Post 10773408)
Iceland revealed extremley high infection rates after undertaken mass testing of their population but so far have had relativly low death rates. There are more factors at play than just the headline grabbing daily death count that seems to be the ultimate measure of success.

It's not the "death rate" it's the infection rate, which presently in UK is way too high and isn't actually falling - it's static at ca. 4,000 per day.

ericlday 5th May 2020 16:23

Wow...now I can understand the reluctance of the Canarian Government to open up tourism to UK when Canarias closes the last 16 hours without new infections by Covid-19. Now I know why I will stay a little longer. !!!

EIFFS 13th May 2020 18:53

Its testing that determines the infection rate, the more you test the more you find, the Uk is testing give or take 100'000 a day and report 4'000 cases a day which suggests a 4% infection rate, however you can't extrapolate that across the whole population because they are only testing selected groups, most of whom are at higher risk, there is a random sample being undertaken that should better inform population infection rates, but this will only pick up currently infected not people who have been infected.

It seems from early reports that most countries that have eased the lockdown have seen the rate tick up again with one chap in Seoul visiting 5 night clubs leading to 40 plus infections, fortunately their trace and track systems are well in advance of most western countries, but they now closed 2000 or was it 20000 night clubs !!

I suspect that Spain will see a second surge within 14 days, the distancing rules are being flouted and many are back to kissing and hugging anyone they meet. The only response should this happen is a further bout of restrictions which would spell game over for tourism this year.

LBAflyer22 13th May 2020 19:18


Originally Posted by EIFFS (Post 10781666)
Its testing that determines the infection rate, the more you test the more you find, the Uk is testing give or take 100'000 a day and report 4'000 cases a day which suggests a 4% infection rate, however you can't extrapolate that across the whole population because they are only testing selected groups, most of whom are at higher risk, there is a random sample being undertaken that should better inform population infection rates, but this will only pick up currently infected not people who have been infected.

It seems from early reports that most countries that have eased the lockdown have seen the rate tick up again with one chap in Seoul visiting 5 night clubs leading to 40 plus infections, fortunately their trace and track systems are well in advance of most western countries, but they now closed 2000 or was it 20000 night clubs !!

I suspect that Spain will see a second surge within 14 days, the distancing rules are being flouted and many are back to kissing and hugging anyone they meet. The only response should this happen is a further bout of restrictions which would spell game over for tourism this year.

The UK is not testing 100,000 a day and has not come even near to 100,000 a day since the lovely government propaganda of testing over 120,000 for one day. It is averaging 80,000 or less. It is also not about the number of tests it's about the number of people getting tested. Doing 2 or 3 tests on one person is good, but it the crucial number here is the number of people tested not the number of tests. That is what will matter.

As for Spain i have to agree with you; tourism may already be over anyway. I read a few articles, saying they were wanting to test tourism with Spanish mainland residents in Balearics and Canary Islands.

ericlday 13th May 2020 19:26

FYI new cases in Tenerife yesterday were 1 and deaths Nil

ATNotts 14th May 2020 08:02


Originally Posted by ericlday (Post 10781700)
FYI new cases in Tenerife yesterday were 1 and deaths Nil

For the UK traveler, coming from a country where there are ca. 450 deaths a day, and a little less than 4,000 new cases a day, even if Tenerife did open up, it wouldn't be for us until we get new cases (deaths are a side show since there is a long time lag between contracting covid-19 and dying from it) down to ca. 1,000 per day there's no chance.

Mr A Tis 14th May 2020 08:56

The Baltic states are opening up to travel between each other The same looks likely to be applied between other neighbouring countries. We appear to be allowing free flow between the UK & France even after the alleged 1st June Quarantine rules. However, the thought that many tourist destinations would allow incoming tourists from one of the world's hotspots, as is the UK, is wildly optimistic. There is no logic to any of this, certainly no joined up thinking between countries. Airlines, like Jet2 are in an impossible situation trying to second guess not only the virus itself, but the politicians too, good luck with that.
By the way the UK is only testing around 60,000 PEOPLE a day not anywhere near 100,000.

Mr @ Spotty M 14th May 2020 11:42

It makes no difference between testing 100,000 or 60,000 per day.
If the figure was 60 million a day, then that would matter.
You can test negative today and positive tomorrow as the test cannot predict the future. :ugh:
Which is why the government is rightly looking at a 14 day quarantine period.


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:54.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.