Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Eastern Airways-3

Old 28th Jul 2023, 10:45
  #201 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 226
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WHBM
Eastern E190 G-CLSN here at London City this morning flying circuits for the steep approach. Haven't seen them here for some years. Have they picked up some subcharter work here ?
Donít think they know whatís going on half the time. They have added schedules for W23 to some routes although not to ORY beyond end Oct, whatís going on there?
SouthernAlliance is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2023, 11:35
  #202 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dorset
Posts: 704
Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm sure I'd heard somewhere that they were off doing some ACMI work for ITA Airways this winter, which would explain why they've also been advertising for Italian-speaking cabin crew.

Wonder how long that'll last?
Albert Hall is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2023, 12:16
  #203 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: On the road
Posts: 939
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernAlliance
Donít think they know whatís going on half the time. They have added schedules for W23 to some routes although not to ORY beyond end Oct, whatís going on there?
They don't hold ORY slots in their own right as they belong to AF. Perhaps AF have no need for babysat slots for winter?
TartinTon is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2023, 13:14
  #204 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: London UK
Posts: 7,730
Likes: 0
Received 70 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Albert Hall
I'm sure I'd heard somewhere that they were off doing some ACMI work for ITA Airways this winter, which would explain why they've also been advertising for Italian-speaking cabin crew. Wonder how long that'll last?
OK. ITA were running from London City almost since they started, having lost some of the Alitalia slots at Heathrow along the way, but did not use their own aircraft, from the start they have ACMI subchartered German Airways (that's a small independent, not to be confused with Lufthansa) E190s to operate the flights. These seemed to stop not too long ago, possibly they are to restart.

Last edited by WHBM; 28th Jul 2023 at 16:38.
WHBM is online now  
Old 28th Jul 2023, 13:32
  #205 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 5,675
Likes: 0
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I hadn't previously thought that the Lufthansa business model would include Eastern
davidjohnson6 is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2023, 15:15
  #206 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dorset
Posts: 704
Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
Indeed. I don't think Lufthansa probably thought that either.

Given the track record with British Airways then TAP Air Portugal now Air France and next ITA, you do wonder. Air France does not seem to be going well. They've had some better days lately after a disastrous start on SOU-ORY with huge delays every day on the EMA-ORY-SOU flight before the schedules were changed - but today's was seven hours late.
Albert Hall is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2023, 17:58
  #207 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 281
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Albert Hall
Indeed. I don't think Lufthansa probably thought that either.

Given the track record with British Airways then TAP Air Portugal now Air France and next ITA, you do wonder. Air France does not seem to be going well. They've had some better days lately after a disastrous start on SOU-ORY with huge delays every day on the EMA-ORY-SOU flight before the schedules were changed - but today's was seven hours late.
Pretty much sums up everything they touch! It normally ends in disaster. Theyíve canned the Esbjerg route from HUY- that didnít last long at all.
Atlantic Explorer is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2023, 12:46
  #208 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: derby
Posts: 143
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any thoughts on what the extra Emb 190 and x2 Emb 170 are going to be doing. Is it LCY work, corporate or sport charters?
hatton is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2023, 15:12
  #209 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: On the road
Posts: 939
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hatton
Any thoughts on what the extra Emb 190 and x2 Emb 170 are going to be doing. Is it LCY work, corporate or sport charters?
They're for the ITA contract out of LCY, I assume?
TartinTon is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2023, 18:38
  #210 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 204
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Albert Hall
I'm sure I'd heard somewhere that they were off doing some ACMI work for ITA Airways this winter, which would explain why they've also been advertising for Italian-speaking cabin crew.

Wonder how long that'll last?
Looks to be the E190 lease to ITA is until the end of October. When ITA bring their A220-100's in to service.
allan1987 is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2023, 19:56
  #211 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,175
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlantic Explorer
Pretty much sums up everything they touch! It normally ends in disaster. Theyíve canned the Esbjerg route from HUY- that didnít last long at all.
For many years they provided a decent service on behalf of BACF on the LCY-DUS, first with their Saabs, then with the Embraer 170. They pretty much built the route for BACF until they took over with the Embraer 190
virginblue is offline  
Old 12th Aug 2023, 21:22
  #212 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 1,054
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by virginblue
For many years they provided a decent service on behalf of BACF on the LCY-DUS, first with their Saabs, then with the Embraer 170. They pretty much built the route for BACF until they took over with the Embraer 190
Didn't it end up going to Loganair operating it with a Saab? The IOM route went to Loganair.
BA318 is offline  
Old 13th Aug 2023, 21:15
  #213 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Up Narf
Posts: 465
Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlantic Explorer
Pretty much sums up everything they touch! It normally ends in disaster. Theyíve canned the Esbjerg route from HUY- that didnít last long at all.
The damage he has done to charter work of others is going to be felt next year.
Diff Tail Shim is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2023, 09:07
  #214 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,175
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
Didn't it end up going to Loganair operating it with a Saab? The IOM route went to Loganair.
I don't think so. Eastern operated it in the end with the Embraer 170 as the Saab 2000 became too small, AFAIR.
virginblue is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2023, 20:05
  #215 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 254
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by virginblue
I don't think so. Eastern operated it in the end with the Embraer 170 as the Saab 2000 became too small, AFAIR.
It was rarely on the 170, BA moved the contract to Loganair instead of Eastern, then a year or so later Loganair took it over on their own
AirLCY is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2023, 20:30
  #216 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dorset
Posts: 704
Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
Jethros reporting that the next E170 and E190 due into service with Eastern now are being re-marketed by a leasing company (Falco) - seems a little odd if they're both painted into Eastern livery (such as it is) and ready to enter service?


Albert Hall is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2023, 21:03
  #217 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Godalming
Posts: 205
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Albert Hall
...seems a little odd if they're both painted into Eastern livery (such as it is) and ready to enter service?
Are they painted in full Eastern livery, or are they more likely just all white with Eastern titles & tail logo, which surely wouldn't take too long to be removed if a buyer or new lessee was found for them.

Example of their 'all white' livery: https://www.planespotters.net/photo/...erj-170-100-lr
jmdavies86 is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2023, 21:17
  #218 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Midlands
Posts: 504
Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts
Aviation photographs of Registration: G-CMPI : ABPic

G-CLYU Eastern Airways Embraer ERJ-190LR (ERJ-190-100 LR) Photo by BjŲrn van der Velpen | ID 1463761 | Planespotters.net

Both are being advertised by the leasing company, Falko, not Eastern!

Falko Available assets - MyAirTrade

Based on the links above, something is VERY odd. I was expecting that at least one of the above was intended to join E190 G-CSLN on its ITA Airways lease commitments.

Are Eastern in the mire...…..?????

Last edited by jethro15; 14th Aug 2023 at 21:50.
jethro15 is online now  
Old 15th Aug 2023, 05:55
  #219 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,789
Received 168 Likes on 116 Posts
Just because both are being advertised doesn't mean both will be let go - it'll depend on who wants what. And isn't Eastern always open to offers on most of the fleet? I don't think the relationship with Falko is a new one.
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 15th Aug 2023, 06:29
  #220 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 281
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Eastern change their mind about what they want to do on a daily basis and is often at the whim of the MD depending on what mood he is in. He’s probably just seen the bill for this latest foray into the jet world and spat his dummy out. The last lot of E-Jets they had sat doing nothing for ages, 1 was parked at HUY with a standby crew in a hotel nearby getting paid a daily contracting rate! This went on for weeks and weeks, you couldn’t make it up.
Atlantic Explorer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.