Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Stobart Air-2

Old 16th Nov 2018, 07:02
  #421 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leeds, UK & Cork, Ireland
Posts: 962
I believe Stobart actually bought the 195s, so the leases shouldn’t be onorous going forward. They are wet-leasing the 195s from flyBe currently. Which is probably pricey and real cash flowing out of the business. I think it took longer than planned to get the 195s operational.

Stobart would likely be interested in the 6 ATRs that flyBe operate for SAS, they could probably buy that without the rest of the airline.
brian_dromey is offline  
Old 16th Nov 2018, 07:26
  #422 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 746
I must say the E195s were and are more reliable under Flybe’s full ownership. It only seems to be since they went to SEN. Either sensitive crew new to each warning light (quite common with new aircraft types before anyone jumps out their chair in rage) or simply lacking line engineers to the same standards that Flybe had at their stations? Just a thought
Cloud1 is offline  
Old 16th Nov 2018, 07:29
  #423 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: BHX
Posts: 305
“Warning lights” .....😂love it
Brigantee is offline  
Old 16th Nov 2018, 08:10
  #424 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leeds, UK & Cork, Ireland
Posts: 962
Originally Posted by Cloud1 View Post
I must say the E195s were and are more reliable under Flybe’s full ownership. It only seems to be since they went to SEN. Either sensitive crew new to each warning light (quite common with new aircraft types before anyone jumps out their chair in rage) or simply lacking line engineers to the same standards that Flybe had at their stations? Just a thought
Unlikely. As stated upthread, initially 3, but now 2 aircraft are operated by flyBe. They are responsible for line maintenance at SEN for the G- registered aircraft. As you say, line maintenance at SEN may be unfamiliar with the aircraft - they are much less common than 737/320s. As experience improves, so should performance.
brian_dromey is offline  
Old 17th Nov 2018, 07:45
  #425 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 476
Originally Posted by brian_dromey View Post
Unlikely. As stated upthread, initially 3, but now 2 aircraft are operated by flyBe. They are responsible for line maintenance at SEN for the G- registered aircraft. As you say, line maintenance at SEN may be unfamiliar with the aircraft - they are much less common than 737/320s. As experience improves, so should performance.
These specific aircraft registrations go tech at Dublin and other locations too. They don't just go tech at SEN. So suggesting unfamiliarity of flight crews with type or line engineers is a redundant argument. The simple issue is these three aircraft are plagued with high frequency of phantom tech problems which have resulted in persistent unreliable services on routes ranging from delays to complete cancellation of flights. Anyway, enough said, they need to be removed from the fleet and either replaced with more reliable type or switch them for completely different types. They need to be dumped from the fleet, and of.

Repeat pax business won't happen on these routes which these three specific aircraft operate. It damaged the business of SEN, Stobart Air, and Flybe. Aeroflot will be more reliable at this stage!
mik3bravo is offline  
Old 17th Nov 2018, 07:50
  #426 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 746
There we have it folks milk3bravo has spoken.....there is no more discussion, he or her of the trump administration has voiced their view and that’s it. As milk3bravo says “end of”.

Thank god we have someone that works in aviation with sufficient experience in every field to be able to come up with such firm conclusions.
Cloud1 is offline  
Old 17th Nov 2018, 09:13
  #427 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 476
Most welcome. Get back to your basketweaving.
mik3bravo is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2018, 12:18
  #428 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 643
How would this proposed merger between Flybe and BA Cityflyer affect Stobart???
shamrock7seal is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2018, 15:15
  #429 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
Age: 71
Posts: 2,339
Originally Posted by shamrock7seal View Post
How would this proposed merger between Flybe and BA Cityflyer affect Stobart???
As far as I'm aware that has only appeared as a rumour in your own post on the Flybe thread. I've seen nothing elsewhere that suggests that unlikely tie-up is in the offing.

Last edited by Expressflight; 20th Nov 2018 at 15:51.
Expressflight is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2018, 15:23
  #430 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London
Posts: 264
Originally Posted by shamrock7seal View Post
How would this proposed merger between Flybe and BA Cityflyer affect Stobart???
The only source of this rumour is you. It's not been mentioned anywhere else or heard by anyone else - even those working in either organisation so I'm guessing its unlikely at the moment. If it did happen, I doubt it would have much impact as Stobart Air already work with BA Cityflyer and Flybe and Aer Lingus!
BA318 is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2018, 16:37
  #431 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: southern spain
Posts: 1,764
The boss of easyJet came out this morning when reporting on their half year results that they were not interested in Flybe but we're always on the lookout for any opportunities that may come along. In other words if Flybe went bust pick up any routes which might be feasible using an A319.
compton3bravo is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2018, 16:58
  #432 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 243
Question

Originally Posted by compton3bravo View Post
The boss of easyJet came out this morning when reporting on their half year results that they were not interested in Flybe but we're always on the lookout for any opportunities that may come along. In other words if Flybe went bust pick up any routes which might be feasible using an A319.
Not sure how this relates to Stobart.
Gurnard is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2018, 12:36
  #433 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 643
One thing that shows the seriousness of the Flybe booking situation right now is their special sale with double loyalty points. Another legacy move. They are nailing their own coffin shut.

This will surely be affecting stobarts sales performance (being their only source of distribution at the moment)
shamrock7seal is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2018, 14:23
  #434 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
Age: 71
Posts: 2,339
Aer Lingus is not a "source of distribution" for Stobart Air?
Expressflight is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2018, 14:51
  #435 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 643
Sorry expressflight, referring to their SEN operation only.
shamrock7seal is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2018, 15:21
  #436 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 4,757
Originally Posted by shamrock7seal View Post
One thing that shows the seriousness of the Flybe booking situation right now is their special sale with double loyalty points. Another legacy move. They are nailing their own coffin shut.

This will surely be affecting stobarts sales performance (being their only source of distribution at the moment)
Can you explain - airline runs sale/promotions at the slowest time of the year doesn't seem too alarming a move (if it is, judging by my inbox, BE aren't alone!)
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 21st Nov 2018, 17:38
  #437 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 389
Seriously Shamrock.....Did they move Black Friday to suit Flybe's marketing requirements??? I could've sworn that I've seen other companies with sales on at the moment.
JobsaGoodun is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2018, 20:14
  #438 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East London
Age: 37
Posts: 1,085
Looks like Ryanair and Jet2 are about to call in the administrators too, tough times. I’d better not take them up on the bargains they’re offering me.
AirportPlanner1 is online now  
Old 21st Nov 2018, 21:07
  #439 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 1,188
Airportplanner, that has to be one of the most stupid and banale posts ever made on this BB. Congratulations - there has been some stiff competition over the years.
Flightrider is offline  
Old 21st Nov 2018, 21:11
  #440 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East London
Age: 37
Posts: 1,085
Originally Posted by Flightrider View Post
Airportplanner, that has to be one of the most stupid and banale posts ever made on this BB. Congratulations - there has been some stiff competition over the years.
???

Perhaps read the original post it’s mocking
AirportPlanner1 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.