Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Flybe-9

Old 7th Mar 2020, 15:33
  #3941 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: EGAC
Posts: 87
If the rumours are true I just hope my prospective new employers don't expect us to wear kilts on duty!

Get the tartan paint out!
Jenny Tails is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 15:38
  #3942 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Antrim
Posts: 1,521
Originally Posted by Jenny Tails View Post
If the rumours are true I just hope my prospective new employers don't expect us to wear kilts on duty!

Get the tartan paint out!
Ahh go on, be a sport 😂
mart901 is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 15:49
  #3943 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 643
What rumours? We need to be very sensitive at this stage on here. It's not just Flybe that are impacted it's right down the chain to the cleaners in the Airport terminals,the retail outlets, the fuellers, the GHA staff etc etc all waiting for any crumbs of hope. I'm not employed directly by BE but I'm now on unpaid leave for the foreseeable future as a result of the Flybe collapse
Alteagod is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 15:54
  #3944 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: britain
Posts: 403
Alteagood Well said. Three days after the airline faile we are once again back to mindless speculation by armchair ceos
bean is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 16:00
  #3945 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: London
Posts: 229
There are rumours and only rumours. That Stobart may team up with Loganair to operate the IOM flights.
flyerguy is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 16:06
  #3946 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 6,193
Originally Posted by Rutan16 View Post
425 charges again Flybe none against a business called Virgin Connect on companies house . Connect isnít dead !
Connect Airways

CONNECT AIRWAYS LIMITED Company number 11732177
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 16:24
  #3947 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London
Posts: 370
Nice spot that SWBKCB seem to be one is specifically against the Stobart ATR fleet operated for Aer Lingus and another associated with co risks , whilst the other three also nothing to do with FlyBe .

Most companies have some charges anyway most bank related in one way or another .



Rutan16 is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 16:36
  #3948 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 6,193
All with Glas Trust Corporation Limited, who also seem to have a significant interest in flybe
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 16:51
  #3949 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: London
Posts: 370
Yes who are they - seems the usual pretty convoluted and far from transparent financial vehicle for shady asset management and ownership.

Indeed the trails seem to end up in third floor PO Box number in St Helier - no names no pat drill !
Rutan16 is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 17:16
  #3950 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: EGAC
Posts: 87
The rumour is.. and I stress it's a rumour, but I've had it from two very good sources that I respect, that it may be Stobart Air who are interested in the 18 Q400 aircraft, and the training aims at EXT. Seemingly to become a Loganair franchise.

I hope it's true, I really do as we could all use some good news!
Jenny Tails is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 17:21
  #3951 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: IOM
Posts: 966
Originally Posted by Jenny Tails View Post
The rumour is.. and I stress it's a rumour, but I've had it from two very good sources that I respect, that it may be Stobart Air who are interested in the 18 Q400 aircraft, and the training aims at EXT. Seemingly to become a Loganair franchise.

I hope it's true, I really do as we could all use some good news!
Great news if so. I'm starting to think 'Scotlands' airline needs a rebrand. Also dont forget, these types of arrangements will take time...
JSCL is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 17:37
  #3952 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Belfast
Posts: 0
If the airlines got together with the government and set up a 3/4 or more ownership like AirUK. which was gradually became regional arport owned rather than government owned
Do you think that would work ?
It in theory build a stronger base to expand on
Startledgrapefruit is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 17:45
  #3953 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 35,000ft
Posts: 882
Originally Posted by Startledgrapefruit View Post
If the airlines got together with the government and set up a 3/4 or more ownership like AirUK. which was gradually became regional arport owned rather than government owned
Do you think that would work ?
It in theory build a stronger base to expand on
Bring back the AirUk brand and logo! 👍🏻
pamann is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 19:20
  #3954 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In the real world.
Posts: 570
Brilliant idea
Jerbourg is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 20:27
  #3955 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Age: 40
Posts: 899
Originally Posted by JSCL View Post
Great news if so. I'm starting to think 'Scotlands' airline needs a rebrand. Also dont forget, these types of arrangements will take time...
Oh dear God no, weíve been here before.
We changed from Loganair to Manx Airlines (Europe) to British Regional Airlines to BA CitiExpress to BA Connect to.......flybe.
Thereís nothing wrong with a strong brand thatís older than British Airways. LEAVE WELL ALONE 😛
Skipness One Foxtrot is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 22:33
  #3956 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fairfield
Posts: 5
A very circular business!

Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot View Post
Oh dear God no, weíve been here before.
We changed from Loganair to Manx Airlines (Europe) to British Regional Airlines to BA CitiExpress to BA Connect to.......flybe.
Thereís nothing wrong with a strong brand thatís older than British Airways. LEAVE WELL ALONE 😛
Going back a little, BEA, Cambrian, BA, BMI, Manx ALL , British Regional, British European!
Keith Blackham is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2020, 20:23
  #3957 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 643
Not forgetting Spacegrand.
Alteagod is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2020, 22:05
  #3958 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Scotland
Age: 62
Posts: 259
Sad to see 4 x Q400s sitting at GLA with snow ploughs behind them. Do they really think that someone is just going to walk up fire them up and then take off?
ScotsSLF is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2020, 22:12
  #3959 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Belfast
Posts: 0
Originally Posted by ScotsSLF View Post
Sad to see 4 x Q400s sitting at GLA with snow ploughs behind them. Do they really think that someone is just going to walk up fire them up and then take off?
YES.....or pull it through the fence on to private land.
Startledgrapefruit is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2020, 23:07
  #3960 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 57
Posts: 2,505
It seems that the fleet are still pretty much where they ended-up last Wednesday night, any suggestions that any will be on the move soon, as a lot of parking charges must be racking up? - especially for the 1 (I think it is) at LHR?
Wycombe is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.