Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Newcastle-9

Old 28th Nov 2019, 15:19
  #2001 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 1,777
Originally Posted by fl dutchman View Post
Dont know if its been reported on here about TUI flying NCL to Sharm from Nov 20 ?

was just about to add tui seems to be adding SSH again from november 2020 from uk airports
HH6702 is online now  
Old 28th Nov 2019, 15:28
  #2002 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 1,777
Jet2

will we see Newcastle to Lisbon go on sale next week ??
HH6702 is online now  
Old 28th Nov 2019, 17:22
  #2003 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 754
Originally Posted by HH6702 View Post
Jet2

will we see Newcastle to Lisbon go on sale next week ??
I don't know... will we see Newcastle to Lapeenranta go on sale next week? Or do you have some inside info you can share with us?
jensdad is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2019, 17:58
  #2004 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 216
Originally Posted by jensdad View Post
I don't know... will we see Newcastle to Lapeenranta go on sale next week? Or do you have some inside info you can share with us?
There is a lot of speculation around that Jet2 will launch Lisbon next week (not sure where from) which explains HH6702's post.
tigertanaka is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2019, 19:18
  #2005 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 1,777
Jet2 announcement that it will fly to Lisbon from a number of U.K. AIRPORTS was said by the company to the travel trade paper a few days ago.
there will also be another destination going on sale


Lisbon was on the Airports wish list
HH6702 is online now  
Old 28th Nov 2019, 23:15
  #2006 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 754
Ah OK. Fingers crossed
jensdad is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 17:09
  #2007 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Posts: 1,879
A post on the TUI thread mentions a TUI a/c positioning into NCL from GTW today and then operating a flight to Eindhoven....aircraft involved G-OOBA
Jamesair is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 17:23
  #2008 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 164
Originally Posted by Jamesair View Post
A post on the TUI thread mentions a TUI a/c positioning into NCL from GTW today and then operating a flight to Eindhoven....aircraft involved G-OOBA
GTW?

LGW?
sinbad73 is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 17:28
  #2009 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Posts: 1,879
Sorry....LGW...typo
Jamesair is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 18:19
  #2010 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 675
GTW is the train station !
lfc84 is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 21:37
  #2011 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NE ENGLAND
Posts: 937
Red face

Originally Posted by Jamesair View Post
A post on the TUI thread mentions a TUI a/c positioning into NCL from GTW today and then operating a flight to Eindhoven....aircraft involved G-OOBA
Interesting... what are the chances of this being the last TUI 757 to visit? Presumably they would all be gone by now if it hadn't been for the MAX ..
skyman771 is offline  
Old 30th Nov 2019, 23:27
  #2012 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 45
Has anyone noticed Jet2 seem to have dropped a NCL to CFU from their schedule for 2020 - in the 2019 summer season they flew Mondays and Tuesdays (previously Mondays and Fridays) this has been reduced to just Mondays next year.

Thomas Cook provided 3 a week of this route I believe in Summer 2019 - none of which are being replaced - some of the prices for 2020 with the remaining providers (ie TUI) is eyewatering.
milhouse999 is offline  
Old 1st Dec 2019, 13:26
  #2013 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 79
Originally Posted by milhouse999 View Post
Has anyone noticed Jet2 seem to have dropped a NCL to CFU from their schedule for 2020 - in the 2019 summer season they flew Mondays and Tuesdays (previously Mondays and Fridays) this has been reduced to just Mondays next year.

Thomas Cook provided 3 a week of this route I believe in Summer 2019 - none of which are being replaced - some of the prices for 2020 with the remaining providers (ie TUI) is eyewatering.
I think the Tuesday flight was dropped in the first release for 2020. I noted because we went on it this summer. Although full both ways in August it appeared to have loads more availability in the weeks leading up to departure than the Monday flight which was often sold out. Perhaps more money to be made on the Turkish flight thtat I think has replaced it.

in the “old” days Tuesday was never a Corfu day and in fact the airport was very quiet but Jet2 had flights from about 3 bases - perhaps if these are gone too then Tuesday and Corfu don’t go - it may not be a NCL issue.
DanAir89 is offline  
Old 1st Dec 2019, 18:20
  #2014 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by DanAir89 View Post


I think the Tuesday flight was dropped in the first release for 2020. I noted because we went on it this summer. Although full both ways in August it appeared to have loads more availability in the weeks leading up to departure than the Monday flight which was often sold out. Perhaps more money to be made on the Turkish flight thtat I think has replaced it.

in the “old” days Tuesday was never a Corfu day and in fact the airport was very quiet but Jet2 had flights from about 3 bases - perhaps if these are gone too then Tuesday and Corfu don’t go - it may not be a NCL issue.

Good points - we do NCL - CFU several times a year - we were spoilt for choice this year and getting flights for £40-50 each way on some occasions, sadly now we've lost 1x Jet2 and 3x TCX on this route some are as high as £700 return at peak 2020 - cheaper to do NCL>LHR>CFU!

Purely for selfish reasons I hope another operator adds capacity. As you say, other routes will probably make more revenue. Surprised Easyjet only has 1 a week to this destination,
milhouse999 is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 17:24
  #2015 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: London
Posts: 1,879
Jet 2 seems to have restored Corfu to 2 weekly from 1 and increased Zante to 3 weekly from 2 for Summer 20.
Jamesair is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2019, 19:14
  #2016 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 1,777
Originally Posted by Jamesair View Post
Jet 2 seems to have restored Corfu to 2 weekly from 1 and increased Zante to 3 weekly from 2 for Summer 20.
CFU showing as Monday and Thursday
ZTH showing as Monday Wednesday and Saturday
RHO showing as Wednesday and Saturday
HER showing as Tuesday and Friday

others

AYT X4 weekly
BJV X2 weekly
BOJ x2 weekly
DLM X6 weekly ( 2 on Fridays )
HH6702 is online now  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 09:00
  #2017 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Posts: 79
Bdaily reporting that for winter 2020 in addition to TUI adding SSH, there will be a Friday flight to HRG, Sunday to ACE and Monday to Enfida. Would appear to be second based aircraft Fri - Mon?
DanAir89 is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 10:28
  #2018 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 4,561
From the 7th November 2020 TUI weekly flights to Sharm El Sheikh will be operating on Saturdays from Newcastle Airport. As well as Sharm El Sheikh for winter 2020, the holiday company will also be introducing new routes to Tunisia (departing weekly on a Monday) and Hurghada (departing weekly on a Friday). TUI have also added 10 and 11 night holidays to Lanzarote with the addition of a weekly flight operating every Sunday from Newcastle airport, giving holidaymakers from the North East more flexibility
TUI UK launches additional 38,000 seats for Winter 2020 from Newcastle Airport
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 5th Dec 2019, 12:36
  #2019 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Durham
Posts: 376
https://onemileatatime.com/united-airlines-a321xlr/

Wonder if a return to Newcastle could be on the cards following expansion of Trans Atlantic services, with the acquisition of 50 new A321XLR aircraft. As stated in the article this number of 50 new A321XLRs exceed requirements only to replace their 757 Transatlantic fleet..

From the attached link article:

"What Will United Use A321XLRs For?

Many of us expected that United would order the A321XLR, because it’s a one-of-a-kind airplane. United’s 757 fleet is aging (their 757s are an average of 22 years old), and they need to replace them.

United notes that they plan to use the A321XLR largely for transatlantic flights out of Washington and Newark, with the possibility of serving additional destinations in Europe.

…. If that plan sticks, then it does in fact seem like United plans to significantly expand transatlantic operations with narrow body aircraft. That’s because they don’t need 50 A321XLRs to replace their current transatlantic 757 operations."

Last edited by VentureGo; 6th Dec 2019 at 15:25. Reason: highlight relevant quote
VentureGo is offline  
Old 8th Dec 2019, 11:29
  #2020 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Durham
Posts: 376
Emirates EK35 has just aborted landing at NCL and is currently making 2nd attempt. Strong wind gust maybe?
VentureGo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.