PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2019, 17:20
milhouse999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DanAir89

I think the Tuesday flight was dropped in the first release for 2020. I noted because we went on it this summer. Although full both ways in August it appeared to have loads more availability in the weeks leading up to departure than the Monday flight which was often sold out. Perhaps more money to be made on the Turkish flight thtat I think has replaced it.

in the “old” days Tuesday was never a Corfu day and in fact the airport was very quiet but Jet2 had flights from about 3 bases - perhaps if these are gone too then Tuesday and Corfu don’t go - it may not be a NCL issue.

Good points - we do NCL - CFU several times a year - we were spoilt for choice this year and getting flights for £40-50 each way on some occasions, sadly now we've lost 1x Jet2 and 3x TCX on this route some are as high as £700 return at peak 2020 - cheaper to do NCL>LHR>CFU!

Purely for selfish reasons I hope another operator adds capacity. As you say, other routes will probably make more revenue. Surprised Easyjet only has 1 a week to this destination,