PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft without a loss of oil pressure procedure
Old 12th Dec 2010, 09:12
V1... Ooops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guppy's Resume...

Here's Guppy's resume, compiled word for word from the thousands of posts he has made here on Pprune in the past. An ellipsis in a quote means that additional text in a sentence or a paragraph has not been reproduced below.

Originally Posted by SNS3Guppy
I was an airport kid. I bicycled 15 miles to the airport every night after school let out as a kid...(here)
...I grew up washing and waxing airplanes...(here)
...I began flying as a teenager... (here)
...I started and ran an aerial advertising business. I only did banner towing...(here)
...I used to fly a large four engine bomber...(here)
I used to fly B-24's.(here)
Several of the aircraft I used to fly employed piston APU's...(here)
I have had a couple of chances to go fly an airship...(here)
...I do fly the Air Tractor AT-802, a single engine tailwheel airplane...(here)
...I just got furloughed off the 747... I don't anticipate finding a job in a 747 again soon, if ever...(here)
...I am an engineer... I am also a pilot. I also happen to have had a number of years professional experience as a firefighter...(here)
...the last ailerons I rigged were on a 182...(here)
...I've been wearing helmets professionally in the cockpit for many years now...(here)
...Presently I am current on seven different types... a mix of single engine and multi engine piston, turboprop, and turbojet equipment...(here)
I'm presently current on 9 different aircraft, but with over 80 different aircraft over the past X number of years.(here)
I've operated a number of Cessna 206's, 207's, 210's, 310's, 414's, 421's; Piper Navajos, Senecas, etc...(here)
I used to do tours of the Grand Canyon in Cessna 207's.(here)
...I hold five different FAA certificates...Over the course of my career I've served frequently as a mechanic, and inspector. I'm doing that very thing now...(here)
...I operate globally and in every climate and location save for Antarctica...(here)
I'm very big on safety glasses. I keep a respirator in my toolbox, and even if I'm just wiping a part down with MEK, I put it on. I never used gloves in the past in the solvent tank, but over the years I've found that I've become a lot more sensitive to chemicals, with exposure...now I do when I've got gloves...though I still often use simple solvents and fuels without them. I don't often get up on scaffolding or tall stands any more, and the most I use is a ladder.(here)
I operate regularly in Afghanistan; not merely overflights, but takeoffs and landings...(here)
On the PB4Y conversions, we could easily lean by exhaust color at night...(here)
...I've been flying for some time now, with a fairly wide variety of experience as a background. Among that experience is atmospheric research intentionally penetrating thunderstorms and convective weather. I've spent a lot of time at low altitudes in mountainous terrain in severe turbulence, too...(here)
There are no mach tuck issues with the Avanti... I flew the airplane for a thousand hours and trained others in the airplane.(here)
...I've worked with the CL215's and 415's... I've worked fire internationally...and am one of the few in the US who has experience in most aerial fire disciplines and duties, including ground fire...(here)
...The last SEAT (single engine air tanker) I flew was an AT-802. I'm carded in the 802 and 502, and have been flying ag since I was eighteen. I did seven years in Dromaders, too...(here)
...I flew Pawnees all day long...(here)
Having been the director of maintenance for a King Air operation using both the 90 and 200 series airplanes, as well as an instructor and line pilot in the same, as well as having operated the PT6 in fractional, agricultural, firefighting, and other operations...(here)
Several weeks ago I was providing some instruction in a Cessna 421 B...(here)
Flight into Bagdhad isn't much different than flying into any other place right now...I've been in the vicinity before when traffic had to hold because mortar or rocket attacks had damaged the runway, or incoming fire was being taken at the airfield. (here)
I'm a practicing A&P/Inspector too, incidentally...(here)
In any given week, I may fly in ten or fifteen different countries, often several in a day...(here)
I was once flying my boss in a Cessna 150...(here)
Over the course of my career to date, I've experienced engine failures, fires, control failures, hydraulic failures, pneumatic failures, a recent explosive depressurization, and a host of other events, including forced landings, in a variety of aircraft ranging from single engine piston airplanes to turbojet multi engine heavy aircraft.(here)
One airplane I fly, in one type of operation, cleans up at five feet AGL...(here)
I'm a low time pilot? I guess that's...very possibly true... I've got experience on over 70 different types of aircraft at this point as a pilot and a lot more as a mechanic...(here)
I operated on the A model C-130...(here) I flew the C-130 too, as both pilot and FE, and was also assigned as a mechanic and inspector on the aircraft...(here)
Having flown large supercharged piston engines professionally, and having worked on the same for a number of years as a mechanic and inspector, as well as having overhauled, installed, rebuilt, and maintained both the propellers and governor assemblies for those engines...(here)
If my by engineer, you mean certified mechanic, then yes: I hold US certification as a mechanic, with airframe and powerplant ratings. If by engineer you mean flight engineer, I also hold a flight engineer certificate. I hold ATP pilot certification...(here)
Of course I don't use carb heat as part of a routine, normal cruise descent....(here)
res ipsa loquitur...