PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Saab Dastard
20th Apr 2010, 23:43
Time to start a new thread.

Previous thread is now closed: http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/390996-emirates-wannabes-recruitment-vi.html

SD

Ksyusha
21st Apr 2010, 08:32
Is anybody going to visit OD in Hamburg, 8th? Would be nice to meet somebody from this forum there...

cabin8crew
21st Apr 2010, 09:27
after 6 weeks of waiting, rejection email on the last day. NICE :mad: :)

dream_to_fly
21st Apr 2010, 13:19
hey cabin8crew

sorry to hear you got rejected! Dont ever give up! I just got rejected as well last week and as weird as it sounds, im feeling quite ok. Im defs gonna go back for another OD!

Best of luck :ok:

God bless

twnty46
21st Apr 2010, 14:10
I am so sorry to hear that..........:(
can you please tell me what was your online status if possible?
Mine changed to "Approval in progress" about 2 1/2 weeks ago and still no change..........I even got a call from Maria and she asked me a question..It was 6 days ago though..

cabin8crew
21st Apr 2010, 14:55
Thanks folks for the support, Im fine, just funny situation. As I said, two years ago I passed trough the FI and then again no call or mail, then after waiting 3 months I was sending them one of the emails ( I sent them dozen before), so I sent an email - I received rejection like in 1 min or so :)

Now, I waited 5 weeks 4 days, and here we go : 2 rejection emails ( every 30 seconds ). :ok:
Im purser at my present company and quite happy with that, I believe this was my last try for EK, Im still on holding pool for EY (4 out of 12 were asked to join, and the - crisis :ugh: ) still, It might be, one day I'll receive the call :O

anyways, good luck to you who is waiting.
by the way, my status never changed, as I came for open day. It as never applied or any other, it even dosnt show I was in the interview

HJA100
21st Apr 2010, 15:58
Hey

is anyone else having problems with their security documents on the candidate portal?..it says they have accepted my uploaded documents however I have never uploaded anything?I'm very confused! If anybody knows what the documents are I would appreciate your knowledge! Thanks

StewardMan
21st Apr 2010, 16:39
Today I have uploaded all medical forms and now i have to wait for clearance.
What is average time to get that?
Please let me know your experience with that?
My DOJ in 31st of may and i have one month notice to give, so i hope it will come in a week time!

Does anyone know what TRAINING INDUCTION on candidate portal stand for?
Am i going to find out there if ill be trained for A380 or rest of the fleet?

Thanks guys for answers.

orchid553
21st Apr 2010, 16:42
Hi! Anyone from Dubai. FI-on the 15th of April, and i am waiting for my golden call. Waiting and hoping. My status has never changed. It is still "under review". I know it is early but it seems to me that the time does not move. I am so sorry that i have not taken telephone numbers of other guys just to keep in touch and hope together. ;)

spontaneous
21st Apr 2010, 18:26
HJA100
At your FI, did you give them a copy of your international passport and some passport size photos? If so, they already have your security documents and will not need from you to upload them. Don't worry:)

StewardMan
It takes different time to get your final approval. If they do not ask you to redo any medical report it will be quicker of course :) I hope that they'll inform you in due time so that you can resign. :ok:
Sadly, I am stil waiting and I uploaded all my documents on the 7th April and my DOJ is 17th May but no message!

HJA100
21st Apr 2010, 21:00
Thanks Spontaneous!

And yes Lola urgent doctor appointments are difficult to come by in London but i agree with Mari...i am having my medicals done with an aviation hospital/company and they ask if i had all the relevant forms and talked me through everything Emirates expected and needed from them-It made life alot easier!

lola81
21st Apr 2010, 23:34
happy to hear that you are having better luck with you medicals there. i went to do my dental today . i have another appointment on Friday ( expensive!!!) i have to collect my blood work results tomorrow.

so it looks as if i would be able to upload everything by Saturday! :):ok::):ok:

just want to get the - you can resign -email. :}

i was told that all trainees would be staying at the college. i'm guessing male and females separated, but at lease we could find each other once we join 5 weeks or so apart. i can't wait to start this. good luck to everyone.

for those of you having trouble getting trough to HR. i keep having great luck with this number - 97147081564 :ok:at about 8am -11am DXB time.

Melamory
22nd Apr 2010, 07:01
It took about 4 days for the medicals to be aproved and from the TRAINING INDUCTION section in portal you get a Pre-course workbook with information about the Company, Aviation, Uniform and some homework you should do before coming to training.

StewardMan
22nd Apr 2010, 07:19
Thank you for info.

At what stage then they will tell us type of aircraft that we are going to be trained for?

orchid553
22nd Apr 2010, 09:14
Today is my first week after FI is finished. The more I think about my interview, the more mistakes I find, or it seems to me that I find.:E Anyway, as you say, guys, there are no perfect interviews, I just hope that I will be in the group of those people who made less mistakes. :E They told me that i would get my replay within 4-6 weeks. I gave them all my documents at my FI so I hope they will be able to start working on my documents as fast as possible. Do you think it is possible to get the replay faster if they told me that it would be only in 4-6 weeks. As I see some of the guys got it before but maybe the rules are different in different countries. Anyone from Dubai?

ooOLAoo
22nd Apr 2010, 09:21
hi there!
my DOJ has been changed twice because of the volcano and now it's 9th or 10th of MAY
is anybody going at the same time ???
:)

Melamory
22nd Apr 2010, 10:43
I did my FI in dubai and got a reply after 1 week so keep checking your email :ok:

wanttoflyhigh
22nd Apr 2010, 10:43
Hey guys,

Was wondering. For the dental part of the medicals, did you guys upload ONLY the Appendix 5 form or did you upload pics of the two bitewings and the OPG too?

Thanks ;-)

Good luck to everybody - and for those waiting for their answer, I know what your feelin... Checkin the email every 10 seconds, panic when the phone rings, just overall paranoia you wont get it - LOL - those were the days!! Hang in there, the worst that can happen is you get a no in which case you will try again! ;)

dream_to_fly
22nd Apr 2010, 10:57
How long do they normally keep your resume in file for? I failed into making to the FI so I have to wait 6 months... I've heard some people here went straight to another OD without having to wait the full 6 months and they made it to the FI and eventually got the job.

I feel like I want to cheat and attend an OD without following that 6 months rule...

but then I dont want them to ban me and eventually ask me to leave if making it to the FI

Any insight will help?

stella1
22nd Apr 2010, 11:05
hey there!!!!!I'm so happy today...my status changed to "
You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest!!!!!

I suppose that's good for me!!!I can't wait!!!Fingers crossed for everyone!!!!:O:O:O:O

Diego_Br
22nd Apr 2010, 12:44
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to attend the AD next month.
I would like to talk and share some experience with everyone, please PM me!

take care!

Pupsik
22nd Apr 2010, 15:05
when was your initial DOJ? Mine is supposed to be on the 26th of April and i still have no tickets or anything of this kind, as well as any other news about the postponed DOJ... Could you, please, share how it was for you??? :confused:

kontesa
22nd Apr 2010, 15:58
Hi guys

Im just wondering if medicals are as expensive for you as for me. Just for the vacines i would have to spend 250E, plus doctors consultation, plus dental check....
Thats like over 300E
........ quite crazy!

Melamory
22nd Apr 2010, 16:09
They are very expensive. I paid 850AED for medical tests + 650AED for vacines + 450AED dental report + 1500AED + to fix whatever dental i needed to pass!!!!

HJA100
22nd Apr 2010, 22:35
I know that feeling!..My dental consultation is £65 my vaccines so far are £70 for only 3 my blood tests and chest xray are £235 and i dont even want to think of the remaining vaccines and dental work!

But i guess its all worth it in the end when you get your final approval and the 'you may resign email':)...I hope i get that email:\

lola81
23rd Apr 2010, 00:02
Yes its been very expensive!

Blood works, chest x-ray and consultation - $1600 TTD

Dental work - $ 4600 TTD

The you may now resign email - Priceless!!! :)

There are some things money can't buy but for everything else .... keep discovering!

zvrky
23rd Apr 2010, 00:05
What do you think about attending two OD-s in a row?! I'm thinking of going to the Belgrade OD, and than 7 days later to the Bratislava OD.
Is this "legal"?

How do you feel about this idea?

dream_to_fly
23rd Apr 2010, 04:04
Hi there!

Yes you can attend 2 OD's. BUT! If you fail to make it through to the group stage then you can attend the second OD. If you made it through to the group stage and failed to make the FI, then you will have to wait 6 months. However, should you make it through to the FI and didn't get the job, the waiting list is 1 year before you can attend another OD/AD again.

I know some people make it through to the group stage and failed to make it to the FI have tried to attend another OD within the 6 months. And in the end they made it to the FI. So it really depends on luck... and if you do that, lets hope you dont get the same recruiters because they do recognise you

Hope this helps!

BettyGetty
23rd Apr 2010, 13:06
Hi Pupsik,

same problem here. My DOJ is 26th of April but I neither received my visa nor any e-ticket yet. I called Dubai on wednesday and they told me that I will be informed whether my DOJ will remain the 26th of April. I have not received a message so far. On the other hand, I received an email from my training induction officer and she told me to prepare for a fun filled day on Thursday 29/04/10. I also know that my accommodation will be Obaidullah Building in Al Qusais.
Well, I guess there is not much we can do right now, except for waiting. I will call them again on sunday.

Regards,
Betty

Ekhopeful
23rd Apr 2010, 13:55
How long does it take to know where one's accommodation is and how long does take to accept the notification of resignation

stella1
24th Apr 2010, 08:33
Hey everybody..
I'm waiting for my call and i have a problem...when we were asked in the finals if we could join immidiatetly I said yes!!However a problem came up and it's not possible for me to join before June..
My FI was in april...so do you think that if i tell them i can't right now and join after two months would be a problem for them??:bored::bored::bored::bored::bored:

dream_to_fly
24th Apr 2010, 09:16
Hi Stella!

You could try ringing them or write an email explaining of the problem and that you would wish to start a bit later... I guess that's the best that you could do right now

Good luck in Dubai!

God bless :ok:

stella1
24th Apr 2010, 09:50
I think you are right..however propably I'll get my call one of these days...Is it better to write first or wait for their call and explain then??:bored::bored:

dream_to_fly
24th Apr 2010, 11:32
I am not sure. I think maybe it's better if you wait for the call and then you can explain to them. Are you waiting for your golden call or are you waiting for confirmation after medicals?

PetraZG
24th Apr 2010, 11:50
Uh, my long expected OD in Belgrade was postponed for a next week.
Well, one week more, it's not that bad I guess :)

stella1
24th Apr 2010, 13:20
I'm waiting for my the golden phone which i propably will get since my status in EK's account changed 3 days ago....However when they call me they'll tell me my DOJ and then I'll have to do the medicals or first I'll do the medicals and then they 'll tell me my DOJ???:confused::confused::confused:

Little_Red_Hat
24th Apr 2010, 13:41
Stella, when they call you for the 'golden call' they will tell you expected DOJ... just ask if they have any DOJ available later and she will either say yes or no. My friend was given DOJ late May but could not travel then and asked for later DOJ, they gave her 2 dates on the phone and said which one does she want? It should not be a problem as they have soooooo many people starting, there will be someone to take your place earlier than expected! :)

StewardMan
24th Apr 2010, 13:41
When you receive a call , recruitment coordinator will let you know your DOJ, first she or he will ask you if is fine with you to join at the specified date, if not she will offer you few more dates so you can choose the date that suit you better.

No. 29
24th Apr 2010, 17:08
Hi,

I've been following this thread for a short while and finally decided to join. Thanks everyone for information that was shared!

I received the GC today and DOJ is scheduled for June 14th.

I have to work on my medicals during this upcoming week, i haven't received the email yet though.

My question is what should i pack, clothes, household stuff, food stuff etc. Well i have the starter kit list of things that emirates supplies but what else?

Additionally, will we be given our uniforms during training or will we be required to use our own suits?

lola81
24th Apr 2010, 21:30
i am having serious problems uploading appendix 2A. i think the file is just too big as its two pages long. any suggestions guys!?:\

p.s. uploaded everything else :ok:

stella1
25th Apr 2010, 10:23
Hey everybody!!!!!
Just got my golden call..My DOJ is on July 5th!!!I'm so excited...I can't wait!!!!
Hope to see you in dubai!!! anyone else on July 5th???:ok::ok::ok::ok:

EKIRELAND
25th Apr 2010, 10:37
Anyone with DOJ May 17th, apart from EkHopeful, recieved Final Approval? Should we call them this week?

EDIT- After I post this message I called Emirates, the phone was answered straight away, spoke with HR, and within 1 hour I had the Final Approval Email. :ok::ok:

stella1
25th Apr 2010, 10:38
They asked me if i could go earlier but i told them i can't go before the end of June so they suggested July 5th!!That's fine with me...so I'm ready to start all the preparations needed!!!!I'll keep in touch for sure...

Good luck for everyone!!!And fingers crossed!!!!:ok::ok:

Ekhopeful
25th Apr 2010, 13:53
Congratulations. Its now official. Now the wait for the accommodation information, eticket and evisa and the actual travelling date. Lets stay in touch. Maybe you'll be my batchmate. spontaneous have you heard anything?

spontaneous
25th Apr 2010, 15:32
EkIreland and Ekhopeful,

Congratulations EkIreland.!!! I am so happy for you and Ekhopeful:ok:
I tried to call EK this morning. Nobody answered on any of the provided numbers. I should be having very bad luck:{
I did not get the promised phone call from last Monday, as well. :{
I will try to call them tomorrow very early and I hope that I will start the new week with very good news.;) Wish me luck:)

EKIRELAND
25th Apr 2010, 16:40
Thanks, I suggest you try the first number listed on the portal... Ends in "63", worked for me. I called just before 3pm Dubai time. Maybe you will have better luck this time. Keep us posted.

Ekhopeful
25th Apr 2010, 17:34
Spontaneous call them tomorrow. EkIreland i haven't heard anything from them with regards to that information. Will keep you posted

lola81
26th Apr 2010, 03:50
uploaded and emailed all medicals just waiting for final approvals now. anyone has 24th may date?!!?

is there anyone joining EK from trinidad at all .

this has been such a ride so far looking forward to what the future has in store for all of us. re- read about all our OD and AD and FI, wow!

good luck to us all!:ok:

spontaneous
26th Apr 2010, 06:38
I managed to talk to a lady from the HR department this morning and the result is DOJ 27th May:) However, not final approval yet:ugh::ugh::ugh:

I am back to the same position. They have to be joking with me:confused: I either get the e-mail for the final approval today (31 days note to resign) or they will have to move my DOJ again.:(

Should I call again by the end of the day? Any advice would be appreciated!

StewardMan
26th Apr 2010, 11:07
Hi,

I'm getting this message:
"Application Error please contact your RC"
when i try to log in into my candidate portal, i'm am at the stage when i have to get medical approval and after that i have to resign from my current employer.
Does anyone know what this mean?
Thanks

orchid553
26th Apr 2010, 12:49
It is my 11th day in the waiting pool.I am getting crazy!!!:ugh:

spontaneous
26th Apr 2010, 13:01
Dear orchid553,

I wish you get your approval soon. Good luck:ok:

Friends you will not believe to the following:

Now I have another DOJ-two changes in one day:eek:
But the most ridiculous is that it is earlier 24th May:eek:
It doesn't make sense!!!!At all!!!

Batracio16
26th Apr 2010, 14:45
lola 81 and spontaneous: I am scheduled for May 24th as well!!!

Even though I have been completing all the medical and security forms, I can't thank you guys enough for sharing all the information required to upload these things. I am just grateful and confused since little or nothing is what I've heard from my HR RO and I wanted to ask you guys if the medicals includes ECG as well and any other exam beyond step 1? And I live in Paraguay, do all paper work need to be translated to english from a notary translator office? TY guys, I am really anxious to finish these things and fly to Dubai to begin my dream work.

Good luck to all...

spoiledbear
26th Apr 2010, 15:18
No. 29 (http://www.pprune.org/members/326755-no-29) About the uniforms they will give us a red-shirt and we will need to provide for the training a black pants and a black closed shoes :) This time they will give us the original uniform when we finish the training :)

And about the packing I'm interested too...cMon ppl :) give us some tips :rolleyes:

kracza
26th Apr 2010, 18:44
Hi everybody,
It's great to know that lot of you guys recived your golden calls...Congratulations!
I had my FI at 17th April, Warsaw and there is nothing more I can do..just wait for the answer from EK. Hope to recive golden call too:)
Good luck to all new joiners and for those who need to wait like me...

PS. This forum is incredible helpful..

See'ya!

No. 29
26th Apr 2010, 19:10
I am from Trinidad, DOJ 14th June, 2010

Can someone please send me the Medical Forms? I keep getting an error message from the link.

My email address is [email protected]

Torontofly
26th Apr 2010, 20:22
Hey everyone!
I am going to Emirates HQ in Dubai, may 1 it is a CV drop off
can someone please advice me:

for the passport photographs, what is the size required? and background colour of the photo?

And for the full length photograph, what is the size required? and background colour of the photo? can we take regular photos for the CV drop off?

anyone attending the same?!

hoping to hear from you soon:)!

lola81
26th Apr 2010, 22:19
the candidates portal says i have uploaded all security documents ( passport copy and passport size photos.

i only uploaded the passport when the it closed off saying i have uploaded everything.so i thought it must be because i gave them all those things at FI. now i get an email saying i have not uploaded any of the security documents and i am pass due :}

i know i will have to email it but what kind of picture do they want ... smiling or the non smiling ones??? any HELP please asap

thanks

to Batracio16 see you there on the 24th!
No. 29 so glad to hear from another trini! i'll send you the forms. let me know if you got it .

No. 29
27th Apr 2010, 00:46
Torontofly

The passport size was 3.5x4.5 cm (white background)
Full length was 4x6 in (light coloured background)

Full length should be professionally done and you should be in business attire, well groomed.

Hope this helps

No. 29
27th Apr 2010, 00:49
lola

So far all pictures requested by Emirates were smiling, so i think those pictures has to be smiling... Candidate portal does not specify..

Melamory
27th Apr 2010, 07:11
My DOJ been changed to 13th May from 31st...:D

Anyone here joining on 13th?

spontaneous
27th Apr 2010, 12:05
lola81 - The passport size photo has to be 3.5x4.5cm on white background like No29 says. On mine I am wearing business attire, smiling with my hair back. It was accepted this way. About your question, I am puzzled. Maybe you should call them to see what is going on?

This morning I finally made some progress. After another phonecall and again the same story, I received a call back that my medical reports for hepatitus B and C cannot be accepted. Now I am redoing them.:ugh:

Well it is better this way, now that I know what is wrong:) and that the rest are OK:ok:

Nicole_B
27th Apr 2010, 12:58
Hi Batracio,

You have only translate your medicals at an authorized translator. It's not required notary stamp.

Good luck!

stella1
27th Apr 2010, 17:00
hey everybody!
I have a problem with my medicals...I can't find anywhere in my portal the forms that i have to print in order to do the examinations!! Pre-employment medical examination form,however when I'm trying to open the link it says error!!!I'm so confused with all these!!I also noticed today that my DOJ changed from July 5th to July 8th!

What should i do??How much time i have in order to finish my medicals and upload them???:confused::confused::confused::confused:Do you know if i have to visit a public hospital in order to the medicals?Or it's fine to do to my personal doctor????

EKtobevih
27th Apr 2010, 17:21
[Text speak]

StewardMan
27th Apr 2010, 18:11
My DOJ is been changed from 31st may to 3rd june, I realized that now after checking my candidate portal, don't know why.

emii
27th Apr 2010, 21:47
Hi everyone. hope You all get the golden calls , right now I'm waiting too:)

I have the question to those who completed the medicals, did You need do spinal X -ray, if yes do you maybe know to which extent they accept scoliosis? Thank you for any answer:)

One again good luck for everyone.

lola81
27th Apr 2010, 22:39
just pm me your email address and i will email you the forms. good luck

Melamory
28th Apr 2010, 05:47
Another change... from 13th to 10th :D

Nicole_B
28th Apr 2010, 08:29
hi emii,

yes, you need a spinal x-ray and you scoliosis has to be >30 degrees (Cobbs angle).

good luck!

Ekhopeful
28th Apr 2010, 10:46
Finally my resignation has been accepted. Woohoo!!!!!! Now all i have to do is finish my final varsity examinations and wait for my accommodation information and ticket and visa. Gosh this road has been long and ardous sometimes annoying but we made it. 19 days more people!! So excited

lola81
28th Apr 2010, 11:06
finally . congrats ! oh gosh . so happy for you.

i called them yesterday after i received the email saying i am over due in submitting my security documents!

the person told me that all my stuff has been received and my medicals have already been approved. i should be getting an email by the end of the week. ( so why did i get that email)

the waiting game continues.

Ekhopeful
28th Apr 2010, 11:33
Thanks alot lola81. Wow! They were fast with yours. I'm guessing that's just a system generated message thats normally after 6 days. I got the same with my advice to resign since I'm not currently working.

charlie29
28th Apr 2010, 13:02
Hi everyone,

I am also having problems with opening the medical forms on the portal. The page just keeps saying error.... and i've booked in for my dental next week. Can anyone help??

thank you :)

spontaneous
28th Apr 2010, 14:24
Finally, it happened. I have my final approval and will happily resign from work:)
Today, I called EK like 6 times and finally somebody paid attention to what I am saying. I am so glad that this is done because I was just so exhausted. Can you believe that I have been calling them every single day from Sunday-must have driven them crazy:)

My DOJ is 27th May but I am sure that it will be a later one:)

Thanks for the support and wish you all good luck:)

wanttoflyhigh
28th Apr 2010, 14:36
Hey,

Does anyone know if Emirates allow friends to travel on staff travel tickets or no? Like for example Etihad allow 10 friend tickets per year. So was wondering how it is with Emirates, because someone told me yes, and another told me no.

Mari care to enlighten me/us :)

Ekhopeful
28th Apr 2010, 14:51
Finally it's happened. Next is the wait for the resignation approval. Good luck. Can't wait to finally meet you.

lola81
28th Apr 2010, 22:05
finally guys i got the final approval and advise to resign! i can't wait to see their faces when i hand it in ...:}. woohoo!

Dubai baby here we come

if anyone is having problems downloading your medical forms just pm me your email address and i will send them to you.

good luck to all.
see you in dubai
ayana ashby

wildVV
29th Apr 2010, 02:58
Hey dear, at least you have got the job so stop complaining aboutchange in DOJ. It is up to Emirates to decide when they want you to join.... just accept what they offer you and be ready to move to Dubai.

EKIstanbull
29th Apr 2010, 07:39
DOES ANYONE HAVE AN INFORMATION ABOUT Obaidulla Building 1, Al Qusais????!!!!!!!! THIS IS WHERE I WILL BE STAYING :) ANYONE HAS THE SAME BUILDING??

Melamory
29th Apr 2010, 09:06
Its far away from the city, next to an industrial area. Everyone I know there, cant wait to get out of that area .

EKIstanbull
29th Apr 2010, 10:24
That is a bad news :(

skyisthelimit
29th Apr 2010, 12:32
Hello, I have got one small query in which after reading the so many pages, I couldnt find the answer.

Would it be possible to come in as a 'go-show applicant' (meaning without an invite) on an Assessment Day, in order just to drop the CV?
I was wondering if anyone had the experience and perhaps successful?
Would you mind please share your experience on this?

I plan to come on one of the London Assessment Days. The query simply came up because I have been updating my application online, changing my pictures so they would look professional and all, but I still have not got an invite. I am unsure for their reasons why I am not shortlisted but I aint giving in as yet. Hence the courage to go show.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Sophie13
29th Apr 2010, 12:41
Hello everyone

So everyone is beginning to recieve their final approvals, so exciting!!

my medicals are taking weeks and weeks, its a nightmare! I will hopefully be able to upload them all in a weeks time which will be around the 6th of May. I am due to leave on the 24th of May. Does anybody think my date will change due to the short time space between uploading my final medicals and my DOJ? I've read on here that the final approval can take weeks!

thanks guys and good luck, see you all in Dubai hopefully :)

xoxo

tweezers
29th Apr 2010, 12:43
Hey guys!
I received my eticket & visa today, flying to DXB on Tuesday!

My residence is Al Hathboor building in Hor Al Anz. Any ideas about the neigbourhood and possibly the building? Is it close to downtown? And more importantly is there anyone staying in that building!?

Thanks for your responses=))

Mari
29th Apr 2010, 15:28
I checked on the google map. It's very close to the airport. (Should be easy to catch a taxi. I doubt that the area is very good but could be worse. Al Nahda and Al Qusais is further.) Yes, quite far from the centre. You can always call a taxi and share with others if you go partying or else. After a while, you will be able to buy a car if you want. If the accomodation is nice and you get on well with the flatmate, it's not worth to move. (I had to travel 60-80 minutes every day to work or school when I lived at home.)

Tip:
You can take the crew bus to the Emirates Headquarters and reach many other destinations from there with other crew buses for free. The metro station is opening tomorrow at the Headquarters.

I never heard of such a building... It might be something new...

You can try to move after the training: it's free of charge in the first year. (Moving costs you 1000 dhs after the first year. You are eligible for single accomodation - quite nice one-bedroom flat - after 5 years as a First Class Crew or after becoming SFS - supervisor - which takes around 3 years. They charge you in these cases as well.)

Note:
Many, many, many new people arrived in the last couple of months. It's incredibly hard to move as everything is full. (New guys in January and February managed to move quite quickly and easily. Not the case any more...) All the new buildings were opened in Al Nahda and Qusais, near Sharjah. I just went to Nahda to visit a friend: the bus stopped at 6 buildings!

I met an Australian girl in the standby lounge during my reserve. She said she stayed in Qusais. I asked how it was. Her answer: I don't care, it's free. (This answer is quite unusual from an Australian...)

Think positive!

Having good flatmates is more important than the location! Look at the quality of your building, the facilities available and the surroundings (supermarket, restaurants, home delivery) as well.

gerjana
29th Apr 2010, 16:05
I don't have much time since I got here.... now I am adjusting with everything.
I am staying in Obaidulla 4 and since I am new I can't tell if the area is good or bad but the apartments are really nice and if you put some effort you can make it your home. I've met few girls that are from 2,3 years here so I guess it is not that bad. The distance from here to the airport and the training college isn't big and for 15-20 minutes we arrive there by bus.
Al Hatboor is in better area and the apartments are not that bad! I think that every building has its own advantages and disadvantages but for the training everything is good :). Do not worry about that, worry about other things :)
Have a good one

JessicaThornton
29th Apr 2010, 18:40
Hi, is anyone else attending the preliminary interview/ assessment day on Monday 10th May in London?

Moe.Ismail
29th Apr 2010, 20:52
hey !:D

I got my ticket and visa at last and i am flying to dubai on tuesday night , after all the hard time waiting it is happening now only 5 more days to be there .:D

good luck for everyone who is still waiting see you there. :)

Batracio16
29th Apr 2010, 23:29
Guys, I am finishing most of my medicals but I still need to know if there is any Step 2 for the Medicals section where I will need to perform ECG exam or any other...
The thing is that I am traveling to Brazil on tuesday and since I´ve begun all exams in Paraguay, I prefer to pay here. I wasn't yet able to upload everything, but for tomorrow I should have all ready.
Once again, thanks for the tips...

lola81
29th Apr 2010, 23:48
i resigned today!!!! :eek:it was surreal. feel so free.
uploading resignation letter tomorrow
the work book for new joiners is a lot of info but very interesting

Sophie13 final approval could be done faster than weeks. i got mines after only three days of uploading my final medical . i think it helped that i was uploading as i got the result ...not waiting to give up all, not sure.

Moe.Ismail
congrats. tell us when is your joining day.

how many days before your joining date would you be a plan ?

Moe.Ismail
30th Apr 2010, 00:07
my D.O.J is 3rd of may so i am leaving in 4 days , when is yours?

HJA100
30th Apr 2010, 07:38
For everyone who has completed their medicals; do we need a seperate reports for the HIV/syphillis/hep b&c and haemoglobin count?.... im sure i read this somewhere but am unable to find where now and also when uploading the medicals; theres a field for each test but the doctor has only provided one document with all my results.

Can anybody help?

orchid553
30th Apr 2010, 07:47
Hi,guys. I am not a cabin crew ,still I am waiting and hoping for my golden call but it happened that I also live in Al Nahda area. This area is new and all the buildings are new with swimming pool,sauna and gym. Grocery and lots of salons will be in the next building. The only problem is that it is really far from everything and close to Sharjah. When I drive to work in the morning, I catch all the cars which go from Sharjah and Ajman to Dubai. The same problem in the evening when I go back home from work, everybody joins me and all of us stand in a traffic jam on our way back at 6 oclock. Anyway, now i work in office from 8.00 till 5.00, if I work for Emirates, working hours will be different.
Yesterday two weeks after my FI passed, still I have not received any new s from Emirates.:{

Nicole_B
30th Apr 2010, 08:39
Hi all. I have received Al Nahda too. I don't know how is it my accommodation but I think is not so bad to have grocery, salon, gym, pool and airport next to you. I absolutly agree with Mary and australian girl. Accommodation is free and this is great! Then the most important have a good and positive flatmate. For example you can receive an accommodation in a better area but if you will have an antipathic flatmate you will move out surely.
Now, anybody know if we can carry 2 trolley of baggage (max 50kg) when we flying to DBX? Or we should have only on?

fly_ATW
30th Apr 2010, 10:11
Hello everyone :)
Anyone here who can tell me something about the accommodation in Al Nahda II? :)

THANK YOU!

Nicole_B
30th Apr 2010, 12:02
Hi,

I have Al Bannanai Building in AL Nahda 2 area. And you?

fly_ATW
30th Apr 2010, 17:36
I have the Razooki Bldg one. I wonder what it is like there.
Congratulations to you my friend!
I hope to see you there! :)
Do you any other info about our place?

Ekhopeful
30th Apr 2010, 19:21
Where on the portal does the accommodation information and when does it appear?

ooOLAoo
30th Apr 2010, 19:27
I think it is about a week before
under:
'Travel Arrangements'

by the way, my DOJ is finally 13th of MAY... they have changed it from 10th :hmm:

lola81
30th Apr 2010, 22:34
medical staff putting all the results on one form is something that i had to deal with also. you have to be assertive and explain to them exactly what you need them to do ( or re-do).

you need all your results on seperate pages. not the way they are accustom doing it , telling you that no this is fine, but what you need.

it can be a pain sometime but press on.

Torontofly
1st May 2010, 07:52
Hello orchid553,

Can you please share your preliminary interview experience in Dubai?? How was the process like... I know we are called there at 730am.. what time did you finish? and what kind of questions did they ask you all?

Talk to you soon..

I did private message you but got no reply:(

supergirl0109
1st May 2010, 15:02
hey guys, i've got a question.

my employer says that the acceptance letter they're asking for is like a clearance to us, according to our HR.

is it okay to upload the resignation letter instead? and my supervisor endorsed and received it?

thanks a lot!
see you on the 24th!

:ok:

lola81
1st May 2010, 17:06
they gave a sample of the format of the acceptance letter that they want and it should state that you resigned within the regulations set by the company/organisation. it should also be on the company's letter head.

how would they know that your supervisor's signature on your letter is from an authorized person ( HR manager) without it being done properly.

i'm getting sick and tiered of the locals telling us what sub standard thing to accept in place of what we are asking them ( giving reports all on one form , improper acceptance letters, improper recording of forms).

just do what we are asking you for Doctors, Supervisors/ manager:rolleyes:

maryj
1st May 2010, 22:02
yesterday i went for CV drop-off in dubai....
there were lots of people i have ever seen
we were told to wait upto 3weeks even..
hoping for the best!

Torontofly
2nd May 2010, 14:11
Hello
Today I went for the preliminary selection process in Dubai

Out of 47 people, we were narrowed down to 7 applicants, 3 of us were asked not to do the english test, where as 4 people had to do the english test

then we had a group discussion and were narrowed down to 6..

and then all 6 were given dates for our FI

my FI is in a week's time just prepping for that

anyone else from Dubaii?

orchid553
2nd May 2010, 16:11
:eek::eek: FI in one week!!! It sounds like they are not in a hurry to hire people at all. It means I also will not get answer very fast. Ok. My third week in a waiting pool. It is so painful. :(:( Think positive.:):):)

JessicaThornton
2nd May 2010, 16:54
Hi Torontonfly,
I have my preliminary assessment day next Monday, how did they narrow the first lot of you down, was this just based on appearance? And was it just the group discussion or where you required to do a presentation or anything else aswell?
Also did you take any documentation with you, e.g. cv, pictures and school grades?

Thanks, and good luck with your FI! :)

lola81
2nd May 2010, 23:54
any advise from those of you going to Dubai from a tropical climate country on what kinds of clothes to pack or buy?!?

zvrky
3rd May 2010, 01:25
Can anyone give me the information... how many pepole usually applies to Bratislava Open Day in Slovakia?

Thank you, guys. :ok:

paulita86
3rd May 2010, 01:53
hey there! I'm new...
is anyone travelling to Dubai on May 24 th ?? I'm from Argentina :8

Torontofly
3rd May 2010, 03:29
Hi orchid553,
Some candidates were given FI date of May 5th and it just varied whenever they had time slots open... Some people got it for May 10...so forth

What do you mean if they give you a FI date earlier means they are not looking to hire at all?:S

so confused

How was your FI? what kind of questions did you have and how many recruiters did you have?

lola81
3rd May 2010, 04:46
i'm joining on the 24th but i don;t know what day i'm traveling exactly yet.

so just so that i understand correctly guys - they are going to pick us up at the airport and take us to ... the training college/ or your apartment.

food is provided for us?

how many business suits should we carry?

can we leave the training center ( with friends at night/ or whatever)?just asking

thanks

orchid553
3rd May 2010, 07:08
:)I thought if they need people fast,they will try to give you the day of your FI faster, maybe next day to have a look at you and your documents and to hire you.And maybe they will reply to me faster. In fact it was my logic.
They asked me about my conflicts at work and customer service,as usual.

Rachel Cohen
3rd May 2010, 08:13
Hey EK Girls:O......I am very interested in working as a flight attendant for Emirates....however....I have two major concerns that I am hoping someone here will be kind enough to clarify for me......1.Will my Jewish background be an obstacle, and second.....2 Will being an American citizen, mean I will be barred from flying into places like Syria, Iran, Sudan, and other places where the US gvmnt bars Americans from traveling.......and back to question 1.....will my Jewish name/background be an obstacle for getting work assigments to " all them Israel/Jewish hatin' countries "....sorry to be so blunt....but it's important I know what I'm getting myself into before making a decision.:rolleyes:

Nicole_B
3rd May 2010, 08:52
Lola81,

you will need mostly summer clothing, but in some places the air conditioning could be very cold so you might want to bring a few light cardigans along. when you start flying you will do sometimes to destinations that are in the winter time and therefore you will need some winter clothes for that too

Sophie13
3rd May 2010, 09:30
Thanks Nicole_B for your advice.

it says we are allowed 50kg inclusive, so is this 2 suitcases?

If anyone could spare the time to post a fairly detailed list on items they would recommend packing and taking to Dubai with us, im sure all of us joining in the next few months would be greatly appriciative. Having never visited Dubai or lived away from home I am rather clueless as to what to expect and really want to be prepared :D

I see a few of you have the same joining date as myself; May 24th. See you all in Dubai :D Maybe we will be in the same training group

xoxo

ooOLAoo
3rd May 2010, 10:01
do not forget about RED lipstick and nail polish :}

Nicole_B
3rd May 2010, 10:12
Emirates allowes me to take 50kg baggage. Can I dives 50 kg in 2 trolleys, or I have to take all in the only one trolley?

R. the weight is taken by the total amount of kilos, so it does not matter how many bags but how many kilos

Montreal76
3rd May 2010, 11:03
Hey guys, reading some of you, FI dates has nothing to do with them needing people or not, Toronto and Montreal interviews are done by the same bunch so they can vary the dates between the 2 cities, my FI back in 2008 was 10 days later and I got the call 2 weeks later, joined 7 weeks after. Medicals do take quite sometime to complete , in my case 4 weeks of running down in Montreal.

Now some of you are worried about there accommodation location , beggars cant be choosers lol How ever most of them are really nice , and you can always catch the crew bus that runs every 10-15 minutes to go to Head Quarters where the Metro Station is now open and is very inexpensive !

Good luck

EKtobevih
3rd May 2010, 11:36
[Text speak]

paul_ve
3rd May 2010, 13:46
Although I don't usually write on the forum, I always read all the posts and I've been keeping track of all stories. Congrats to you all.

I received today (1:30am) my golden call! They tried to reach me the day before but I had left my cellular phone at phone because I was at the beach :-S

I actually was a little worry because some of my colleagues had received the call and I hadn't..

OD: March, 28th (Port of Spain, Trinidad)
FI: Mach, 31st
Golden Call: May, 3rd
DOJ: July, 5th

so happy!!!! :):):)

now I'm into "medicals mode" hehe, I'm fighting with my printer to have the forms printed :ugh:

Sophie13
3rd May 2010, 14:15
I have asked a friend who checks-in the Emirates flight from Glasgow airport and he has advised me that 2 bags will be necessary for us travelling to Dubai as the maximum weight for one bag with the airline is 32kg

anngen
3rd May 2010, 15:58
hi, I had my final interview on 12th of April (monday) in Sydney..
did you hear from them yet??:)

anngen
3rd May 2010, 16:14
i checked my status online and it says approval in progress..does anyone know what this means??i had my FI 3 weeks ago in sydney..

MR. M
3rd May 2010, 21:11
[Text speak]

EKwanabe
4th May 2010, 02:26
Hey, it seems you going to get the call soon!
I haven't heard from them yet. I had FI the same day as yours(Monday).
For me, I can't log in to my profile and it shows my password does not match even though I put the right one. The weird thing is that I registered the profile with a different email address and that happens.
And when I try to create a new profile with the email address I gave at the final interview, it says I already have a profile created but the same thing happens- the password I input doesn't match. So weird... (started from the day after Anzac weekend).

Anyway, good luck to you and don't forget to post the good news as soon as you hear the golden call, ok? :)

anngen
4th May 2010, 08:18
ive been checking my status everyday but still no change..
I really hope its a good news.i read somewher here that my status doesnt mean i get a fone call..
i just have to hope for the best.i will keep you posted//

goodluck to us..and to everyone :)

louise OZ
4th May 2010, 11:22
Hi everyone, I just got THE CALL yesterday yipppee.:D

I'm soooo happy and excited

But I'm having trouble downloading the pre-employment medical form:hmm:

can anybody please help me

many thanks in advance

EKwanabe
4th May 2010, 11:47
louse OZ
could you tell me which city you had final interview at?

Marie2009
4th May 2010, 11:48
So many golden phones going on! :ok:

If you have the same DOJ with another person from the same OD, does it mean that you will be put together on training, in the same group?

Thanks!

DORINA
4th May 2010, 14:25
[Text speak]

lola81
4th May 2010, 19:41
hey everyone,

i 'm keeping track of those of us joining on the 24th MAY ( my joining date!:ok:).

lets see.....
Sophie13
supergirl0109
Batracio16

and i know
spontaneous has the 27th MAY. which mostly means you would start induction with us as it starts every Sunday as i understand it.

sooooo excited guys! can't wait to see you there. if i left anyone out for the week of the 24th MAY please let us know. :D
good luck !

Mari
4th May 2010, 21:17
No moving for anyone until further notice.

snow_white
4th May 2010, 21:24
Hi if any one could help me it would be great, i applied online but my status says not shortlisted, however they are now having a open day ion 22nd at liverpool would i still be able to apply? can someone help me because i reallly really want to go for it but i am not sure whether they will let due to me applying in february, point one though i never went for a interview as the post was in dubai.

No. 29
4th May 2010, 21:52
Congratulations paul ve

I was also at the open day in trinidad. i remember you!!

So you said that some of your colleagues got their calls already.. did they also attend the open day in trinidad and are they trinidadians or are they venezuelans like you??

I'm sure you are probably thrilled. Will see you in Dubai!

Daniela
5th May 2010, 03:32
Anyone besides Ola and me with DOJ May 10th?

Melamory
5th May 2010, 07:43
What do you mean by "No moving for anyone until further notice."? :confused:

HJA100
5th May 2010, 08:30
I woke up to a text that will surely make my day!

It goes like this...'You have now obtained your final approval and may now resign!...yaaaaayyy!:D:ok::D

Although i got to say everything was very quick (4 days in total) from when i uploaded everything. I wish all of you who are going through your medicals or awaiting approval the best of luck.

DOJ is fast approaching!:D

If anyone has trouble downloading medicals..Pm me with your private email address.

louise OZ
5th May 2010, 10:56
I would like to say thank you to everyone who sent me the pre-employment medical form.

I would like to know if once I pass all the medicals which I'm confident I
will does that mean I'm definitely in or can they still change their minds as they say don't resign from your job till they say to.:confused:

kontesa
5th May 2010, 12:44
Hi guys
Few questions
1) How much time it took since you uploaded your medicals to get the information that you can resign?
2) Will that matter that i will upload the medicals with 3 vacins not completed?
3) My smear test report is from December 2009 do you think its enough?
4) how many days in advance before your trainning you fly to Dubai?

Guys i will really appreciate all the information!

Thanks in advance!!!

DORINA
5th May 2010, 13:21
Hey guys!

Does anyone know if we have to translate our medicals? If yes, where do i have to go?

Thank you and good luck to all :)

wildVV
5th May 2010, 16:35
DORINA

Ofcourse medicals should be in English...... so make sure your doctor fill it in English. if not you may have to re-do it
good luck
|

ooOLAoo
5th May 2010, 19:11
louizeOZ:
- do not resign from your job until you are advised to do so

kontesa:
1. coordinators work as fast as they can to accept medical tests and vaccinations, sometimes it gets one sometimes 2 or 3 days, note that Fridays and Saturdays are NOT working days, I have never received information on that days
2. vccinations are obligatory, you will have to make them anyway, but it is better to do it before coming to Dubai, not only for your health but also for money (in Dubai they are more expensive) ;) In my opinion at least majority of them should be done
3. I am not sure, but all the medicals should be probably done not earlier than 3 months
4. you are 10 days earlier before training begins

all the answers are only my personal experience :)

Jesibeth
5th May 2010, 21:20
Hi Everyone

I have today been invited to attend a preliminary assessment day in Liverpool later this month.

Whilst I am very excited about this, it has dawned on me that Emirates are unlikely to accept the small bow tattoo I have on my right wrist.

I am prepared to have the tattoo removed if I was sucessful, however I am unsure what I should do from here and would appreciate some advice!!!

Do I tell them at the assessment day about the tattoo, wear camoflauge make up on the day, and tell them that should I be sucessful I will have it removed before I commence employment. . . .but this runs the risk of them deciding not to take my application any further, on the basis that I currently have a tattoo.

Or, do I not mention it, and if I am sucessful have it removed before I go? I am aware that some individuals have been sent home from Dubai when it was found that they had tattoos.

Opinions would be appreciated!!

Jess

lola81
5th May 2010, 21:30
if you are talking about cervical smear then thats good for 3years!!!
i uploaded mines from two years ago and they took it.

vaccinations good for ten years

chest X ray good for six months

blood test good for three months

good luck

lola81
5th May 2010, 21:45
PLEASE listen-

don't tell them about it. use make-up to cover it. take your time and do it to the best of your ability. if you are successful during the time you have to do all your medicals and resigning and what not - HAVE IT REMOVED.

then go on to be the best cabin crew member you can be!

i have seen people try different variations to this advise and fail!

they will not give you the chance to find out if you are willing to have it removed!
they will not care if you are willing. :ugh:

i had a friend that went through the same dilemma and she took the advise i just gave you.... she is happy in Dubai as we speak ! :ok:
good luck

Jesibeth
5th May 2010, 22:20
Thankyou very much for this advice. Do you have any idea which method of removal your friend used?

lola81
6th May 2010, 00:15
its a bit gauge now ... i think it had something to do with lasers. i'll have to ask her via e-mail. but i think this is the best chance to not let the tattoo be a hindrance.

louise OZ
6th May 2010, 03:05
The doctor has just informed me it will take 3-4 weeks to complete all the medical tests.

I'm panicing, did it take everyone this long to get them done or should I look for another doctor :eek::eek:

Little_Red_Hat
6th May 2010, 05:17
I would be careful about not declaring a tattoo. Emirates have been known to boot applicants for lying on applications. Even if you have it removed, the form you subit at the AD asks if you have tattoos. If you say no and you have one, that is a lie.

Bear in mind also that removal is not always perfect, it may leave a scar and then you will have to explain where that came from as it was not there at the AD (they ask about if you have any visible scars)

So I would err on the side of caution, maybe start the removal process, cover it with a bandaid and if they ask say it is a covered wound as you have had a tattoo removed. That way you explain both that you have a tattoo and why you might have a scar later.

(Scars are not usually a problem if not too large, they said it is just for medical/ID purposes should you have an accident. Honesty in my opinion is always the best policy in these cases!!! EK are not Qatar, discuss with the recruiters and see what they tell you)

HJA100
6th May 2010, 07:57
To louiseOz I would say find a new doctor medicals should never take that long try to go private and with an aviation doctor if you can (google pre-employment medical for emirates)and you should find a few options.

With regards to the tatoo I would mist def not mention it at the AD as in my AD one of the girls who I'm sure would have got the job offer was sent home after the scar/tatoo declaration!...as long as your willing to remove it keep it quite!

Sophie13
6th May 2010, 09:07
Hey Guys

I am so so so worried now. My DOJ is the 24th of May, I uploaded all my medicals and they have emailed me to say please upload the Hep Antigen report which is the HepB blood test. My hepB and hepC tests were on the same page so i just uploaded it twice, once in each category on the portal. It states very clearly on the page that there is no virus present in each ao I assumed this would be fine. What will I do? It is too late to get another blood test as they need to finalise the list of applicants leaving on the 24th of May! I think my date will be pushed back and I wont get to leave on the 24th :'( all of this is the most frustrating thing I have ever gone through!!!

xoxo

dream_to_fly
6th May 2010, 09:08
You could call your recruitment coordinator and explain what happened. I have been told and read here that it is hard to get through but if you keep calling I am sure you will get through. Good luck!

lola81
6th May 2010, 11:47
you don't have to redo the test just have the medical staff redo the report ( have them separate the results).

its so funny that all of these things i had to fight for here as well.

just insist that separated results is what you needed.

come on girl ...24th!:ok:

Sophie13
6th May 2010, 11:54
OK thanks ladies

sorry my previous message sounded a bit panicked! At the moment I am sitting my finals at University and trying to organise Emirates as well, it is a stressfull time!

I have uploaded the report again, they accepted it for the hepC result so I dont see why they wouldnt accept it for the hepB also, but I will go to my surgery today and get them to change it incase.

lola, have you recieved information about where you will be staying yet?

:)

kracza
6th May 2010, 14:32
Hi
It;s been almost three weeks after my FI and today I found my status on Emirates web has changed from UNDER REVIEW on APPROVAL IN PROGRESS. For me I think its good sign...can anybody tell me what does it mean?
I know that just before recived golden call status changed on YOU WILL BE CONTACTED ....AT THE EARLIEST
My question is: Is it something beetwen..like some paper works etc should be done in 100%?
Some friends having their FI in the same tome already have status changed on TOU WILL BE .... but couple of us still have Approval in Progress.
Huge thanks for your answers!
Good luck to everybody!

supergirl0109
6th May 2010, 15:17

hey Sophie13 and lola81!

did you receive your assignments for living accomodations?
i'm still waiting...

the other batch that went ahead, received their ticket and assignments 3-4 days before they flew out of the Philippines.

there's a starter pack, and the flats are huge. i've seen the pictures. amazing! :eek: my batchmate told me that her flat was a standard room, there are better building.

i hope we'll be as lucky!
see you soon! :}

ooOLAoo
6th May 2010, 16:42
my DOJ is 10th and I am flying to Dubai on 11th and still no info about the flat :\

Ekhopeful
6th May 2010, 16:56
Although it is so near, it seems so far. Luckily for me (or not), I'm almost done with my final university exams Will let you all know where my accomodation is when i find out, all it says now is that its in progress. :rolleyes:Good luck guys.:ok:

EKIRELAND
6th May 2010, 17:48
It seems this is the usual way they do things now...set a DOJ for example on the 10th, but don't fly you out until the following day? When did they advise you of your flight details? Perhaps my DOJ of 17th may, will mean I wont depart until the 18th.

EkHopeful
Same with my accomodation, just says in progress. No ticket or e-visa yet. Oh well! :confused:

Gigi11
6th May 2010, 18:26
Hi everybody!

I just received my golden call today and im extremely happy.. ;)
The only thing is that i was so excited that i dont really remember everything the lady was saying over the phone.
I know i have to complete my medicals etc..
But how do i get to the candidates portal.?
When i try to log in to the emirates career website it still gives me the you will be contacted... message.
Is it correct that they will send you an email with all the information in it or something?
Hope you can let me know!
Good luck to everybody who is still waiting!
Hope you get your golden call soon! :)

ooOLAoo
6th May 2010, 18:49
new cabin crew fly usually on Tuesdays,
so if your DOJ is 17th you will probably fly on 18th...

lola81
6th May 2010, 19:13
no word on accommodations yet you guys. :confused:

what is this about seeing the accommodations - in progress_

is it a point that appears cause i'm not seeing anything like that over here.

there's-
e ticket and e visa - not yet highlighted
marhaba
important information
documents to carry

am i missing something???? or is it something that will soon appear!?

ooOLAoo (http://www.pprune.org/members/292077-ooolaoo) - hang in there. if nothing by tonight CALL THEM .

good luck

Sophie13
6th May 2010, 19:49
oooo OK I never realised we fly on a tuesday ... so really I wont be in Dubai until the 25th ... thanks for letting me know guys, my dad has taken the 24th off work so I will get him to change it for the 25th.

EXCITEMENT!!!!!!

Ekhopeful
6th May 2010, 20:09
@lola i think that link comes on your page about 2 weeks before your doj. mine appeared this past monday.

ooOLAoo
6th May 2010, 20:42
I think DOJ is just a date which may vary somehow,
as you know people travel from around the world so there should be at least one day in reserve in case something unpedictable comes out,
all people I know have flown on Tuesdays and trainings have begun on Thursdays,
-but anyway it may not be a rule.

-you should get your tickets and visas about few days before DOJ :ok:

Sophie13
6th May 2010, 21:17
How many days do we get in Dubai before our training begins? It states in my contract that my training will begin on the 3rd of June, and if I fly out on the 24th or 25th of May thats roughly 8 days before the training starts. Not sure how accurate this is.

x

ooOLAoo
6th May 2010, 21:23
first 10 days are just the Induction, time to know each other, repeat medicals and do the paper work..

Mari
7th May 2010, 05:17
Can I vote for the best answer??? Lola is the winner - in my opinion! (Agreed 100%. I particularly liked the "please, listen" part. You will be a great SFS/Purser. Just try to survive economy class for 1-2 years with minimum sick days.)

Torontofly
7th May 2010, 14:19
Hello Everyone!
I have my final interview in 2 days
and I wanted to know what kind of casual photos to carry with me? I need two.
What should I wear? Should the photos be full length? I have 9 pictures I am confused from which one to use.
Anyone with experience?

Also what kind of questions can I expect at the Final Interview?
My interview is in Dubai, anyone from Dubai?:) or anywhere else...:)

Mari
7th May 2010, 17:06
Questions will vary with airlines and cities the interview is conducted although there a few common or general ones which are frequently used. Below are some common questions with suggested answers. Do NOT learn your answers word by word!!! You need to sound natural and honest. Always provide an example from your previous experience to support your answer.

Q: Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
A: I love to travel and my outgoing personality enables me to interact well
with people; strangers alike. I also like to play host and being a flight
attendant presents a great opportunity.

Q: Why would you make a good flight attendant?
A: I enjoy interacting with people and anticipating their needs
is second nature to me. I am flexible and don't have to stick to routines.
I'm independent and practise a lot of initiatives.

Q: Would you be willing to relocate?
A: YES YES YES! That's the part where I'm flexible too. (Even if you aren't,
tell them that you are.) As you can see in my CV, I spent a semester in Denmark with Erasmus scholarship and I also worked a summer in the USA with the US Work and Travel programme.

Q: How do you handle stressful situations?
A: I handle stress well as I am cool headed. I am not rash and have a habit
of thinking things through carefully. For example, once when I worked at the Hyatt as a trainee...

Q: Tell us a time when you had to solve a problem within a group of people. How did you solve it, and what was the outcome?
A: (Think of your last or previous job, and give an example with that)

Q: What is the difference between good customer service, and exceptional
customer service? What do you consider exceptional customer service?
A: It is easy to provide good customer service. Usually by not making a
mistake is good enough for many. Exceptional customer service will not only
make the customer feel satisfied but usually compel him/her to commend or
compliment the staff in writing. It is a service that exceeds the customer's
expectations. For example, when I worked at the Concierge of Four Seasons in Budapest, I always made sure that...

Q: How would you handle a complaint?
A: Firstly, I would show that I am concerned; that I'm willing to listen to
find out what had happened. It is important to let the complainant speak
(this shows I care) and digest the whole situation before offering help or
solution. Then I would assure him that I would investigate the matter and
try to offer some form of compensation or assistance for rectification.

Q: What are your strengths and weaknesses?
A: I am an optimist who has a good outlook on life and thus smile easily.
(If you know a foreign language, you should mention it.) My weakness is I
love to eat and hence need to really refrain sometimes so that I won't put
on too much weight.

DIFFICULT INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND SCENARIOS

Why do you think some passengers take their frustrations out on cabin crew, even though the cabin crew are trying to help them?

What would you do if you saw one of your colleagues being deliberately
rude to a passenger?

What would you do if a commercially important passenger complained that
another commercially important passenger is snoring too loudly behind him?

If, for example, there are 60 children on the flight, but you only have 40
toys. How would you deal with this situation?

What would you do if the seat belt signs were on and the aircraft is about
to take off, but a passenger insist that he has to kneel down to conduct his
prayer due to religious reasons?

EMIRATES:

It was all scenario questions like before, a few examples of what I was asked:
- Can you think of a time when you've had to deal with a sensitive situation
- Can you talk to me about when you have had to deal with a difficult customer
- Can you tell me about a time when you have introduced something new in your work
- Can you think of a time when you've had to be very flexible at work
- Can you think of a time when you've had to deal with a difficult rule

(pprune, September 2009, from a successful candidate)

FOR MORE: GOOGLE OR READ THE OLD TOPICS.

Mari
7th May 2010, 17:09
Take all 9. They will take what they want.

Do not drink or smoke on the photo and wear proper clothing (no bikini). Smile and be pretty. Full-length preferably.

Batracio16
7th May 2010, 18:11
I was thinking today, it would really be great if we can meet each other better before we travel. Since we can use MSN or whatever means. We have like 4 persons confirmed, so, just update the same list here with your MSN e-mail or any other information and add:

Batracio16 - telly16 [user] msn.com [email]

idreamtofly
7th May 2010, 19:01
Hi. I am an EK Cabin Crew hopeful and I'm worried about my teeth. I have a porcelain crown attached to my teeth. Do they accept this? Also about the reach test, do I need to reach more that 212 cm or is it ok if my longest finger touch the mark? Thank you in advance for those who will reply :)

Mari
7th May 2010, 19:24
Crown fine, finger fine. Any of your fingers... Otherwise we wouldn't have little Asian girls at the company...

idreamtofly
7th May 2010, 19:33
thanks for the quick reply mari :)

Even if it's just the tip of my longest finger touching the line? I am also concerned about the moles and scarring on the face and legs? Do they really scrutinize it?

wanttoflyhigh
7th May 2010, 21:47
To continue on Maris answer I will mention what I was asked at my final interview not too long ago:

Can you think of a time when you had to break company policy and why?

Can you tell us of a situation when your superior wronged you - and how did you deal with it?

Can you tell us of a time when you had a disagreement with a colleague due to cultural differences?

Can you think of a situation when you had to deal with an agressive/upset customer - how did you turn the situation?

Can you tell us of a time when you felt a coworker was doing something which was obviously wrong? How did you approach the situation?

and of course the classic...

Can you tell us of a time when you went out of your way for a customer?

Mm, thats all I can remember...

Good luck! ;)

Sophie13
8th May 2010, 10:09
I recieved my final approval FINALLY :D there is no official D.O.J mentioned ... more waiting ...

Good luck to everyone still going through the proccess, its long, tough and rather a drain on the emotions but you will get there

likulawe
8th May 2010, 10:43
hooorrrayyy just got my final call... hardly could get what the lady was saying .how long does it take for them to send us the email as i want to hurry with my medicals. or does anyone can send me the medical forms...

my joining date is 28th of June... is anyone joining on the same date please pm me.

i would appreciate if you could send me the pre-emplyment medical form as i received my final call today

8th May 2010, 12:46
Hi guys,

can anybody please send me the medical form?I have problem with downloading.My email is [email protected].
Thanks so much:)

bo1810
8th May 2010, 16:50
[Text speak]

Ekhopeful
8th May 2010, 21:48
got my induction officer's information today!

EKIRELAND
9th May 2010, 00:09
Me too! I believe her name is Muriel! No sign of accom details yet! :confused:

lola81
9th May 2010, 01:31
i got this info today as well , same person - Muriel.

see you there.

wanttoflyhigh
9th May 2010, 07:37
Hi,

To anyone who has recvd the accommodation information, where did you get it? Was it on the portal or do they call and give it to you? My DOJ is one week away so I hope to find out soon...

Thanks in advance.

Ekhopeful
9th May 2010, 09:48
Its in the travel arrangements section. There should be link there that says "Accomodation and Transport".

@17th May group.... 8 days more people..:ok:

ekfingerscrossed
9th May 2010, 11:53
Hi guys, here's a run-down on what happened during my recent OD and AD conducted by Emirates (not agency):

RO: two pretty ladies in their early 30s

Day 1 - OD (Attendance - 180 people)
Video presentation on Dubai and EK, Q&A, registering of CVs in the morning. Received call back to attend AD the next day. Attendance around 180 people.

Day 2 - AD (Attendance - 40 people)
a) learn about person to the right and present to group, at the same time, reach test was administered
b) group discussion I
topic: create and name an airline, decide on where to base it, which destinations to launch, how the uniforms look like, and the slogan
c) group discussion II
topic: your city is hosting a major sporting event, decide on which areas need improvement and which areas to promote
... elimination
d) English language test & lunch break
e) group discussion III
topic: 5 things to change which would benefit the environment
... elimination
f) filling in of paperwork & scheduling final interview
g) psychometric test

Day 3 - FI (Attendance - 18 people)

Quite a draining experience, but hopefully it's all going to be worth it! :ok:

dance.in.the.air
9th May 2010, 12:20
Hi all

Could some one let me know in detail what is needed in relation to the dental report please? Is it a form that needs to be filled out or just a written letter from your dentist?

thanks in advance and best of luck to you all!

bo1810
9th May 2010, 12:22
[Text speak]

spontaneous
9th May 2010, 18:09
- dance.in.the.air
The Certificate of Dental Health is a form provided by Emirates that needs to be filled out by your dentist. It includes information about filled/missing teeth and etc.

-Ekireland, Ekhopeful, lola81

My introduction officer is WAFA :)

See you soon in DXB.

RiverPlate
9th May 2010, 20:53
Hey people!

Has anyone here been invited to Belfast's AD?
I live in Dublin and applied for it before they announced OD'S in Cork , Galway and Dublin and today I got a 'computer generated?' e-mail inviting me to any of these three OD's and my Belfast AD's status went to 'Under Review'.

I just thought it'd be better to skip the OD and go straight to the AD as it was gonna happen in Belfast...but anyways.

So , anyone?

OD: Open Day -- AD: Assessment Day, just in case:}.

dance.in.the.air
9th May 2010, 21:08
Spontaneous, thank you for your quick reply! Very kind of you! Riverplate, let me know if you choose to go to the Dub open day! I will be there! I am also "Under Review" and had the option of attending any of the three OD's in the RoI. Best of luck if we do not meet!

lola81
9th May 2010, 21:34
i know that Emirates allow us 50kgs , 50 lb each bag but the thing is that when you leave from Trinidad you have to go on continental airline ,to US or London ,which is only allowing ONE bag check-in!!!

any advise on packing tips ( trying to avoid paying for an extra bag :ok:)

EKIRELAND
9th May 2010, 21:54
Hi there, just a quick note re: baggage allowance. I'm taking a connection flight with Aer Lingus which also allows one bag. However Emirates FedEx'd a excess baggage coupon for Aer Lingus today (DOJ May 17th). No need to worry, they should send you a coupon.

Kat1213
10th May 2010, 07:58
Hi i have the same start date... have you finished your medicals yet?? I'm just starting I have a few appts this week then I'm trying to get all the vaccination appts set up this week.... I'm so happy to be able to talk to someone starting at the same time !! Where are you living now, I'm in Michigan, USA. Hope to hear from you soon..

lola81
10th May 2010, 11:26
got the accommodation link today ( still processing ). fingers cross for somewhere good :ok:

to those joining the week of 24th may can't wait to meet you and getting you know you all.
we can start now - you can add me - Ayana Ashby :ok:

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST READ

i just read am e mail from Emirates that all flights from Trinidad are booked till the end of june!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and if i want my DOJ to remain the same i have to book and pay for the ticket myself to get to US/UK or whatever.

this is crazy . where am i going to get this money from so last minute. i have already resigned :ugh:.

what is going on here!

sophie1384
10th May 2010, 12:16
Hello everyone! So I have been told that I have been chosen for the Cabin Crew job, just starting all the online pre-employment process. However, I can not download the medical forms... I have tried calling and emailing the HR department at Emirates but have had no answer...Is there anyone else having this problem too? My start date is 5th July! Thank you x

Sophie13
10th May 2010, 12:24
Hey everyone

OK so I am a student who is working part-time so I dont need to upload a resignation letter, I emailed Emirates and put a note on the faq's section on the portal; anyone else do the same? and if so does the 'resignation' section become complete once you have done so? that section, for me, is still red.

thanks guys

x

EKIRELAND
10th May 2010, 13:01
As I am a student I wasent required to submit a resignation letter. I sent them a query through the portal, and got no reply. Then I recieved an email saying the letter was overdue, so I sent back another query, and called them also. Left a message and within 24hrs, the resignation section was completed.

Torontofly
10th May 2010, 13:59
Hello Everyone
I had my FI in Dubai yesterday
The lady was very nice and she made me feel really comfortable,
I kept smiling and answering answers with lot of enthusiasm

Although on the form where we had to put Permanent Address, by mistake I had filled out Dubai's address but had to put Toronto's so I asked her Im sorry I filled out Dubai's what should I do...And she was like yeah no problem, I ll put white out and she allowed me to change the address..

and then she asked me 5-6 questions and I was done in 30minutes and she said basically only if she recommends me to the people above her, then they will review my file, check for references soo the waiting period has started for me !!

I have a question in terms with the status change..
I see DUBAI--> Application UNDER REVIEW
for JAN 27, 2010

But under closing it says CLOSED

Application UNDER REVIEW FOR
Feb 25, 2010 DUBAI --> But when I clicked on Emirates Cabin Crew Opportunities for this , it says for ARABIC speaking people only

But under closing it says OPEN

and register your Register Your Interest for Cabin Crew Vacancies
Application under review

Which status should I follow??? Really confused... help:):):ok:

bo1810
10th May 2010, 15:55
[Text speak]

kontesa
10th May 2010, 16:01
Lola 81

Are you serious with this now, they really told you to book ticket yourself?
Why they did not book it for you ealier so ? I dont really get it now
Is there anyone else who had a simillar problem ?

Im really sorry for you! not nice news at all. Take care

Ekhopeful
10th May 2010, 17:41
This is not an experience their potential employee's should be made to suffer. If anything they should have offered you a reasonable discount to enable you keep your doj because ending of june is rather far. don't they have daily flight to trinidad? i hope things are sorted out for you one way or the other.

Mari
10th May 2010, 19:09
What discount?! She is eligible for a free ticket. She gets it: at the end of June. Enjoy the free time and travel later.

Ticket from Trinidad must cost a fortune: I wouldn't pay for it for sure. But I guess you will get this money back from the company, right? Actually, if they were not able to book tickets for you, why could you? If everything is full...

Good luck, anyways.

No. 29
10th May 2010, 20:28
Hey, i uploaded all of my medical forms since last Wednesday but it still reads "In progress". Does this field change to "completed" only after they have approve them? :confused:

Please advise. Thanks!!

BKT1810
10th May 2010, 21:21
hey dont hurry so much no.29 :)
i uploaded them 3 weeks ago ... AND STILL NO ANSWER!!! :( :( :(
when is your DOJ?

kracza
10th May 2010, 22:31
Hi
Today I recived golden call...wow! I just realized it's for real now:)
My DOJ is 28 June(anyone else?).. for now I need to wait for my medicals list to do.

Just want to say BIG THANKS for all you guys(Mari-you're great!) ...once again..this forum is really really helpful to get this job! See you some day..I hope!

lola81
10th May 2010, 23:00
thanks guys for all your support!:ok::)

here is the run down :

read the email first thing this morning. it was clear on some things :

all the seats on any of their partner airlines leaving trinidad are ALL BOOKED! ie continental, until mid june or worse

they asked me to book a flight on some other airline to get out of Trinidad and in my first OR second pay i will be reimburse.

all person leaving Trinidad will be going through this if their DOJ is before mid june.

they are saying that it is a choice on my part if i want to keep my DOJ. if i can't do it they will push my DOJ to the end of june or so.

The way i feel about things:

i went through so much to do everything on my end to make my DOJ.
i ran around like a chicken with its head cut off to have all my medicals done within one week, putting up with doctors from hell . pulled money from the heavens to pay for all of it! took the inquisition from my HR department to get the letter of acceptance of resignation ( what is this for , why do you need this ).Mentally prepared to say good bye to my family in two weeks.
so ......

i'll be darned if no flights on continental airlines is going to stop me now!

i found a seat on Caribbean airlines for the 24th and email Emirates about it as they told me just get the info to them and they will tell me when to buy the ticket.
just waiting for the word to pay of it as yet again i pulled the money from the heavens today. God is able to supply all needs! :ok::)

No. 29
11th May 2010, 02:06
BKT1810

The thing is i have to give my job one month's notice and the month is quickly approaching.. I just like things to be in order..

I hope we get our information soon though..

Kat1213
11th May 2010, 04:42
Hi ! my doj is June 28th too! I'm working on medicals now trying to do as fast as possible so i can resign from my job !!! so much to do and i'm so excited to find this portal to speak to all the other new hires ! How far are you with you medicals ??

KalinaJanik
11th May 2010, 05:19
Hello!

I had my final interview in Montreal recently, and I am supposed to email them my passport photos. I have tried to send them to the email they gave me, but it keeps coming back as failed delivery.

I am emailing them to [email protected].

Is this correct? Does anyone have any other email to contact them at?

Kalina

BKT1810
11th May 2010, 06:40
Dont worry - its the correct e-mail - but just try to make your file to be under 1MB

KalinaJanik
11th May 2010, 14:42
Thank you!

I split my photos into two emails, and I think it went through.

lola81
11th May 2010, 16:54
purchased my ticket leaving Trinidad on the 24th.
back to waiting. :ok:

i wanna say thank you for all the support and for even an offer to help that i have received. this forum has been a blessing and i am truly looking forward to making and keeping many friends from here.

see you all in Dubai!
good luck

orchid553
11th May 2010, 18:46
I guess, you should follow "application under review" which is closed.:) This is what they are working on and you can not update. It was my logic. I have the same situation. And I am :{still waiting. Oh!!!

By the way, what is your waiting period? Did she tell you that they will reply in 4-6 weeks too?

kracza
11th May 2010, 19:08
Hi
Think that I have the same problem with downloading pre-employment medical form:ugh:
Download link on my profile not working ...Can I ask some of you guys to send me this list on private message? I appreciate it a lot, thanks!

LINDAHEIDIUK
11th May 2010, 21:35
Hi everybody,:)
I received it yesterday instead another date, Am I lucky or not it is next monday :sad: if Some from you are going too, will be glad to meet you guys...

verito
12th May 2010, 00:52
I just got the msg of the 'recruiting officer will contact you at the earliest'...good sign? :):)

EK_CC_TOBE
12th May 2010, 07:56
Hey, we have the same DOJ, i got the accomodations already but not the E-Ticket and Visa yet. How about you? any updates? we have only have 5 days left. see you in DXB.

BKT1810
12th May 2010, 09:09
[Text speak]

Ekhopeful
12th May 2010, 11:11
Got my building name and area... Any thoughts on Al Hudaiba building in the Al Hudaiba Area

EKIRELAND
12th May 2010, 11:14
Got mine too.... 21st Century Tower. :)

RayhanBD
12th May 2010, 12:39
[Text speak]

StewardMan
12th May 2010, 12:54
I can't download from Candidate portal 5 A1 Operational .pdf and Visitor's request form.pdf , can anyone please send me those documents via email,
send me PM and ill send you my email,
thanks a lot.

PerthEK
12th May 2010, 14:57
Hi All!

Iv'e been reading through this thread, and congrats to all you guys so far!

I have been thinking and looking into Emirates for a few months and got an invite email to the Perth open day next week.

I have some questions, but mainly i'm not afriad of the FI or the group discussions, I am confident and a good speaker etc, it's the first part - when all they do is look at you and you hand then your CV how can I show them I am confident and I can do this etc?

I have read the first cut is pretty brutal and I think once i get through that i could be ok, I want to stand out of the crowd in a good way!

Also Hair and makeup tips? I was thinking pretty natrual makeup with some mascara, bronzer (cheeks) and hair all tied up in a bun?

Thanks so much! I really really want this! :)

Ekhopeful
12th May 2010, 17:49
Got my e-ticket and e-visa....... what a trip... re-read my first post and i must say it has been quite a journey...i thank God for his mercies and favour on me. all those holding on for their golden calls, change in status, od's and ad's, keep the faith. the journey is stressful but you'll get there.

lola81
12th May 2010, 23:11
congratulations. it has been a long time coming.

anyone else got the accommodation information and e ticket.

still waiting for mine.

EKIRELAND
13th May 2010, 02:13
Got my eticket and visa earlier this afternoon. Thank you to everyone on this forum, it's been a long few months from interviews to medicals and approvals, but we're here at last. Best of luck to everyone hoping to join Emirates, might see on-board soon!

verito
13th May 2010, 02:49
it's been almost 2 days since my change of status to the 'recruitment coordinator will contact you' and I still haven't gotten the call!!! I'm so anxious...did it take too long for you guys to receive your call after the change of status?

MA1028
13th May 2010, 03:11
anyone from toronto get the golden call yet?
I had my interview on April 18th and still no call or status change online :(
They said 3-4 weeks and I'm almost at the end of the 4th week

Torontofly
13th May 2010, 06:32
Congrats to those who have received their respective golden calls:ok:

I had my FI interview on Sunday at the Dubai EKHQ.

It has only been 5 days and I keep checking my e-mails, phones , and EK status of the application. Well I do really REALLY want this job but guessing just have to be patient and wait, and in the end, everything happens for a reason:)

I was writing with a question if any of you have kept in touch with your references during this final interview process and after to check with them if Emirates have contacted them for checking references.

Looking forward to hearing some opinions and thoughts on this...

BKT1810
13th May 2010, 07:48
[Text speak]

likulawe
14th May 2010, 07:03
hi i received my golden call last 2 weeks i just uploaded my medical docs last night. my doj is 28th june... i wonder how long does it take for them get back to us.

verito
14th May 2010, 14:58
I have one concern (actually I have many, but as I am waiting for my golden call, many doubts come to me!!) do you have to pay your ticket to the closest airport to which Emirates flies to? because the closest one I have is Sao Paulo, Brazil and it costs like US$300...do you know if they give you a discount with other airlines to try to cut some expenses?

thanks!! ufff..the waiting is driving me insane!!:ugh:

EKIRELAND
14th May 2010, 15:43
I did my interview in Ireland (not on the Emirates network), and they have paid for another Airline to get me to London to connect with Emirates (all on one ticket). I think it may depend on the location of your interviews.

Mari
14th May 2010, 18:36
There is nothing to do with the interviews! It depends on which town/city you are from!

You have to give them your annual leave destination and you get the tickets from there to Dubai. All the connecting flights are paid by the company. If there is no direct Emirates flight, they use other airlines they have agreement with.

Make sure, your annual leave destination is correct in your contract: you won't be able to change if for 3 years.

Ekhopeful
14th May 2010, 19:52
Any information about the al hudaiba area and building

HJA100
15th May 2010, 08:35
Congrats to you all...Ek hopeful check out google if my understanding is right its near 21st century...but im pretty bad with maps:)

With regards to the documents you need to bring with you; it states you must have all birth certificate for yourself and all family members who will be recieving discount....but we don't have birth certificates do you think copies of passports will be ok.

I've submitted a query but no reply. i may have to call them if i don't get something soon.

Grabben
15th May 2010, 17:35
Mari wrote:

"DIFFICULT INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND SCENARIOS

Why do you think some passengers take their frustrations out on cabin crew, even though the cabin crew are trying to help them?

What would you do if you saw one of your colleagues being deliberately
rude to a passenger?

What would you do if a commercially important passenger complained that
another commercially important passenger is snoring too loudly behind him?

If, for example, there are 60 children on the flight, but you only have 40
toys. How would you deal with this situation?

What would you do if the seat belt signs were on and the aircraft is about
to take off, but a passenger insist that he has to kneel down to conduct his
prayer due to religious reasons?"

What are some of the answers to these questions? I'm especially interested in the answer to the passenger conducting his prayer even though the aircraft is about to take off. I'm thinking security goes before everything but how do I tell the passenger without making a scene?

And can anyone please e-mail me the pre-employment medical forms?
[email protected]

Thanks!

cindy85
16th May 2010, 07:17
Hi everybody just applied for ek cabin crew a week ago and the status on my application is "application under review" does this mean that they could contact me to attend a preliminary soon.
Thanks.

Kat1213
16th May 2010, 08:55
:confused:Does anyone know if its ok to get the opthamologist form filled in by optometrist ??? I tried to get an appointment with an opthamologist (which is listed on the medical form) but they said i had to have a problem with my eyes to see a opthamologist -they said for an exam/eye test i would just see an optometrist. Do you think this would be good enough??

Gucci77
16th May 2010, 11:02
Hi
Anyone can advise me when do you find out about accomodation as to which one is assigned to you?
Can you request a specific building?
Thanks
Gucci

verito
16th May 2010, 11:11
I just received my golden call!!! DOJ: 28/06/2010!!!!!!!! I'm sooo excited!! somebody needs to pinch me right now because do not believe it!!!!!

Now all the medical stuff...it's going to be a nightmare but I don't care!!

DUBAI BABY!!!!!

No. 29
16th May 2010, 13:58
I went to my Optometrist who gives me my prescriptions to get my form filled out. This is not a problem because my medicals were approved.

zvrky
16th May 2010, 17:56
Congratulations from the heart to all who got the GC! :)

I have a problem with Pending photos. I sent them to cabincrewrec as they implied, but it keeps sending me this message:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected] (rfc822%[email protected])
Action: failed
X-Display-Name: Cabin Crew Rec_Dubai

Same thing wtih recuitmnet e-mail.

What should I do????????

Are those adresses right? they gave us those. I don't understand.

BKT1810
16th May 2010, 18:32
make your file to be under 1 MB !!!!

zvrky
16th May 2010, 19:04
[Text speak]

Milena
17th May 2010, 02:33
Hey guys, i have some questions, i know some of you already know the answer because you are in Dubai :)

- I am from chile, so if i get the job i have to travel to brazil, and i don't know if the company refounds you not the ticket from chile to brazil, but the extra weight costs, because you can only carry 23 Kilos per person, and each extra kilo cost's 6 dollars so, you do the math.
-The medical exams have to be answered in english, but do they give you the papers that the doctors need to fill or do i have to find a doctor that has papers in english and everything (that is very very hard)

Those are the questions from now... if you answer me i am going to ve veeery thankful guys and i know you are very kind ;)

Kat1213
17th May 2010, 03:44
Thank You! Big relief off my shoulders :) i am just waiting for results on some tests now then hopefully i'll get my accomodations !!

when is your DOJ mine is June 28th