View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VII

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

missB
17th Sep 2010, 03:09
Hi Justin

At the last OD I went to they said that anyone who was turning 21 within the next three months could apply...so I guess it just depends on when you go to an OD/AD. Try your luck and see what happens...good luck!

purelife
17th Sep 2010, 04:25
JustinG

In my OD (June) one girl who got selected is 20 years old... her DOJ was made until 27 of september because she turns 21, the 22 of september. So you CAN'T be under 21 before you join.. but if they want you, belive me...they will have you. :ok: the best of luck in your Open day.

Bella Bella:

I did not get asked about what would I want...did you?

bellabella
17th Sep 2010, 04:43
Phewwww..... okay that's good news. It's been only 3 days since my final interview and I keep analyzing everything!! Should of done this, should of said that haha. But then I thought at the end of the AD when we filled out those forms the RO said that she will ask us during the final interview what our preference was (A380 or main fleet) but I didn't get asked. Good to know you didn't either and you got the GC :D

well done! :ok:

purelife
17th Sep 2010, 05:04
So sweet! ;) i know what your feeling...it's terrible, I was so stressed out for weeks!!! well Im still stressed but because Im leaving so soon! jajaja lol, it's a very stressful ride!!!
Yeah don't worry, I didn't get asked... good thing because i don't know what I would have said :confused:.... Im personally happy I didn't get A380, although I have read it's good because you have more time in layovers and for rest in DXB.. but only 10 destinations??? := i don't want that...
What do you want? A380 or mainfleet?

-NOVAS-
17th Sep 2010, 06:13
I got asked in my interview.

On a side note... You have up to 5 months to join the company, tattoos and scars have no effect, however, you must remember this is a professional company and you must have a professional image.

bellabella
17th Sep 2010, 07:47
Oh that's a great sign you got asked NOVAS... not such a positive for me tho :sad:

purelife you must be soooo EXCITED!!! I can remember my first ever flight out of Australia was a one way ticket to Doha, Qatar. I was an absolute mess!!! But it really is an opportunity of a lifetime! Im so happy for you! I think I'd probably opt for the main fleet if I got asked, mainly because like you said it's only 10 destinations. I want to experience the WHOLE world hehe. I really hope I get the GC.... SOON!!! Waiting months like some people have would suck! Bigtime!

Excited4Emirates
17th Sep 2010, 08:56
Hello! Just a question to BellaBella and purelife, did either of you have to take a test after the FI?

It seems half of the FI's did at my time and half didn't. Just curious :)

thanks!

bellabella
17th Sep 2010, 09:01
Hey... Yeah I had to take the test with 45minutes to complete it.... I think everyone from the BNE FI had to do it :)

mariemi
17th Sep 2010, 11:24
bella bella

thank you for your reply but i think because it's an AD it takes more time cause you have to be short listed
now if i missed my chance i have also to wait 6 month to reply again? :{
it's unfair cauze they won't even review my application

bellabella
17th Sep 2010, 12:36
mariemi

I am 99.9% sure that you only have to wait the 6 months is you attend an AD and don't get through. If you put in an application and don't get invited then you can still apply again whenever another AD comes along (without waiting the 6 months).

Is there an OD coming up in your city or close to your city that you can maybe attend? I hope that helps :)

mariemi
17th Sep 2010, 13:53
they sent me that on the email i had when i applied

If you have not heard from us within 3 months please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. If this does occur we apologize that we will not be able to respond to you individually, but you will be able to reapply after six months by updating your on-line application in the Website.

so if they didn't eve'n had time to review it,it's gonna be unfair if i had to wait six months :(:(:(

purelife
17th Sep 2010, 16:45
Excited4Emirates, I did do the test! And all of the people in my Final Interview..I guess it depends in the amount of time the recruiters have and the amount of people that get through to the final interview. :ok:

Bella Bella, THANK YOU SO MUCH! jeje I will let you know how it goes.. and yes I do hope you get your Golden Call! Keep us updated :D

Mariemi, That message you recieved is standard for everyone that applies. As bella bella said, if you go to the OD or AD and don't get a call for next day, then you can apply whenever you want... if you do get a call and get eliminated in some point of the process you have to wait the 6 months period, if you make it to the final interview and are not succesful you have to wait a year.
Don't be sad... what's meant to be will happen! Sooner or later :ok:

bellabella
18th Sep 2010, 07:37
Absolutely!!! Let me know how everything goes! I would love to hear your stories haha, I am sure there is going to be plenty! You're going to LOVE IT! :ok:

isabel66
18th Sep 2010, 09:58
hello everyone
it's so kind to share all this helpfull information
i'm new to all of this and i really need help
there is an open day (i think) in one of emirates agency and it's a school for cabin crew
this open day wasn't even mentioned in their website but when i called they tell me i can come even without invitation even though in this school's announcement the candidates have to be shortlisted so maybe it's an assessment day but i'm going anyway

since i'm new to all of this they asked me to bring my resume+ photo in business attire+casual picture ( ok i don't even know how to take this one)

i wanted to know when i give my cv and all this will they ask me something?
how will I sell myself to them since i really suck at this xD

THANNNNNK YOUUUUUUUUUU :ok:

AmandaUC
18th Sep 2010, 10:48
Just wondering are there any cabin crew from Holland? :)

miyako
18th Sep 2010, 11:18
Just wanna tell that if you know the venu and the start time of the AD in morocco, just go directly( i assure you that there is no need to apply if you have not enough time )

when i had my AD in Alexandria, egypt, there were like 7 to 10 people who don't carry this invitation email, they just knew about the AD from friends of them, and recruiters LET THEM IN

Just go to the AD!

wish you good luck!!

Mari
18th Sep 2010, 15:11
Isabel66,

you are applying for a training course, right? It's a course which helps you preparing for the Assessment Day with Emirates and it costs some money.

Is that the case?

If yes, nobody really cares about photos and CVs since the agency needs to fill up the courses. The more people the more money for them.

Don't worry too much. Take a basic CV and some nice pictures with you. Put on a suit and a blouse, put up your hair, wear make-up. That should be enough.

If you want to do some preparation on your own try to find some information. Google 'cabin crew' and 'flight attendant' and 'emirates open day' and 'business attire' and 'cv flight attendant' etc. You should save the useful info on your computer and also take some notes. The search will help to improve your English as well.

Good luck with your plans!

SalvadorS
18th Sep 2010, 19:42
If anyone went to today's OD in Los Angeles or New York please post your experiences..it seems like there are never any Americans writing on this forum

Ella2000
18th Sep 2010, 20:33
Hey Kenyan, how is it possible that your girls didn't make it. And I was planning to visit you academy. Shame on you :-DDD Just kidding....

Sorry girls to hear that you didn't make it but next time I expect finals at least!!!

Ella

Ella2000
18th Sep 2010, 20:55
I know that this topic is already closed but I would like to share my opinion with you. Sorry for my absence. I was travelling the world a little. Still as a PAX. :-D
Yes, some Mari's post could sound rude, but I think it is meant like sarcasm or black humour. She has very demanding job and she has to smile all the time and sometimes pretend happy faces even if she is not happy, she is angry, she is disapointed,... And at this place we all are hidden behind our nicknames and we have freedom to say anything and we do not have to hide our personalities. It does not mean that Mari's personality is bad. She was hired :-)
Mari has dedicated 5 years of her life to this forum and it is very annoying to answer such silly questions all the time when there is a lot of material to read in past posts. And I only regret that these people only stop by and ask their questions and than they "disappear", we do not see their progress, if they made it or not, they do not empathy with the others on our forum :-(.

Have a nice night or day or whatever. Cheers.
Ella

isabel66
18th Sep 2010, 22:26
hi Mari (http://www.pprune.org/members/190703-mari)
thank you for the reply
emirates is really coming to the school to hire so i don't think that they did that just to make me register in their school oh no i have to travel to assist this OD/AD
when i called they told me i have to bring resume and photos but i don't know what's the next step

Mari
18th Sep 2010, 22:33
I personally don't believe in 'bad' and 'good' personality.

To get into Emirates: you need to meet the requirements, have a good background and you need to be a good actress. That's all.

To stay with Emirates long term: you need to exceed their expectations, have a good record and you need to be a good actress. That's all.

I'm totally under shock today!!!

I was wondering how many flying hours I have... I have a lot! Actually, I reached 890 hours in the last 10 months. I was like: how is it possible?! I thought there was a 900-hour-absolute-limit for a period of 12 months.

I checked the Flight Time Limitations section in the SEP manual. Guess what: there is no such a limit for cabin crew! (Only for the flight deck crew.)

I still can't believe it!

New-joiners! Good paychecks are coming up for sure!!! (My friend who joined in December got her first leave after 8 months.)

My actual flying hours:

Dec 2009: 87
Jan 2010: 111
Feb 2010: 98
March 2010: 51 (reserve month)
April 2010: 89
May 2010: 66 (leave: 13 days)
June 2010: 72 (ground training: 7 days, sick: 1 day)
July 2010: 115 (SEP recurrent: 2 days)
August 2010: 107
September 2010: 95
October 2010: ? (reserve month, leave: 13 days)

NKFLYBOY
19th Sep 2010, 01:04
So thought I would post what happened. It was an open call, over 120 ppl showed up!!!! Most looked the part but there were some hot messes. Blue jeans, nose rings, 8 ear rings, blue finger nails, and some 40+. all we did was walk up hand in our resume, photo, and they asked what we currently did. You Bette believe my resume was on some expensive resume paper and I walked forward with my hand extended to shake and introduced myself (not many others did, either very timid or just rude) I am from the deep south (Alabama) so I was just trying to show that southern hospitality! Well then it was a very long presentation about the company followed by a Q&A. some really dumb questions were asked! Ie: can we have a dog? Right after they told us we only got 8 days a month off! Anyways at the end they said tomorrow will be the first part of the long day of interviews and of they wanted us they would call. Needless to say 3 hours later my phone was a ringing. I was unsure about the whole move (living in DBX) but now I want to make it to purser on the A380 in record time! (love flying lead at my current airline because I love setting a positive mood among the crew and pax). I LOVE THIS JOB AND THINK BEFORE I KNOW IT I'LL BE SHIPPING OUT! Promis to keep everyone posted. What a great experience.

NAVELO
19th Sep 2010, 08:45
I would appreciate it if I can get some info about the CC duties before and after a flight.Does the CC distribute the blankets and headphones? Does the CC clean the plane after a flight?You get my point, right?And one more thing if I have understood correctly we are not 'on the clock' if the aircraft's door is open !?

regards.

Mari
19th Sep 2010, 12:00
Thanks for the entertaining post!

Are you a Purser at your current airline?

Just a piece of advice IF you don't mind: I wouldn't choose all your examples from your background as a leader. It's not a good idea: they want to see teamwork, they want to see people who can adapt easily and don't have attitude. You shouldn't stress too much that you work as a leader. Try to choose examples from your previous work experience and from the time when you were junior crew as well.

What does record time mean?

Previous flying experience is NOT considered at Emirates.

You need to have a good record (no sick days, no absent days) and you will get your upgrade quickly IF there is a demand. Unfortunately, it's impossible to plan ahead in aviation because things change quickly.

There are 3 SFSs on the A380 and only 1 Purser. Most of the Pursers are very senior who don't resign. The application for this position usually opens up once a year.

700 SFSs applied in the Main fleet last time and they took 80 in the Purser-pool. (Note: it's a 6-month-training-programme.) The eligibelity criteria was 18 months in the SFS role.

85 SFSs applied in the A380 fleet and they took 25 of them. The eligibelity criteria was 12 months in the SFS role.

It will take a minimum of 4-5 years to become Purser but you must be very lucky.

If you get fed up with Dubai and/or the company after 1-3 years you will never make it. You were (were? are!!!) unsure about living in Dubai. Let's see how it goes for you first!

HIERARCHY and flying pay

G2- economy class (53.50 dhs)
G1- business class (59.50 dhs)
FG1- first class (65.50 dhs)
SFS- senior flight steward/ess - "supervisor" (81 dhs)
Purser- cabin manager (87 dhs)

Rememeber that there are lots of G2s (economy class crew) who are still waiting for the business class upgrade after 2-3 years working in economy class. Most of the new pursers who are in the pool right now joined 6-8 years ago.

Upgrades might be faster in the future but there is no guarantee for anything.

WRONG ANSWER TO AN FI QUESTION:
- I'm planning a long-term carrier with Emirates, I can imagine to go to pension from this company! (33-year-old pilot candidate. No clue about anything!)

RIGHT ANSWER TO AN FI QUESTION:
- Everything looks fabulous to me right now, I really like the package and the benefits. I'm excited to fly the A380 after flying the 737s. I'm looking forward to working for this company! (25-year-old ex-Purser, Ryanair.)

First, you should see if you can survive in Dubai, then you can plan further.

The Top 20 Reasons Not to Move to Dubai (in no particular order!)

By Tia O’Neill

August 2007

Living in Dubai is not wonderful and glamorous, as many would have you believe. Forget about what you’ve read, seen, and heard; those shiny buildings and manmade islands are all just smoke and mirrors. There are so many things wrong with this place that I have decided to compile a list, a must read if you are considering a potential move to Dubai.

1. There is no standard address system making mail-to-the door delivery impossible. In fact, it makes anything nearly impossible. The taxi driver, here for only two days, and having learned English from old Beatles albums has no clue where your house is. He won’t tell you that of course, he’ll just keep calling and saying, “Okay, okay. Yeah, yeah.” When you purchase something that requires delivery they do not have an address line, but a box where you are expected to draw a map. Not able to draw a map? Explain like this: I live on the street after the airport road, but before the roundabout. Go past the mosque and make a U-turn.

2. The government blocks all web sites that it deems “offensive” to the “religious, moral, and cultural values” of the UAE. That’s hard to swallow for a freedom loving American, but I get it. I do not understand, however, why all VOIP access and related web sites are blocked. I guess the government also takes offense to people inexpensively contacting their families back home. You’re welcome to call using the analog service provided by the government-owned telephone monopoly, but it will cost you a whole lot more. So much so, in fact, your frequency of calls will be greatly diminished if you can afford them at all. The government says VOIP is blocked for security reasons, yet even the residents of communist China and North Korea have access to these inexpensive calls.

3. It is really hot outside. Not Florida in July hot; Hot as if you were locked in a car in Florida in July with sufficient humidity to make it feel as though you are drowning. Hot as in 120 degrees with nearly 100% humidity. Do not look to the wind for relief. This is the equivalent of pointing a hairdryer on full blast directly at your face. Pour fine moon dust-like sand over your head as you do this and you get the picture.

4. There are too few trees, plants, and grass – or living things aside from us crazy humans, for that matter. Ever see a bird pant? I have. In my opinion, human beings were not meant to live in such a place. If we were, there would be sufficient water and shade. The only greenery around are the roadside gardens planted by the government, who waters the hell out of them in the middle of the day. Thanks a lot! Didn’t you say we should cut down on our water consumption because you are unable to keep up with the demand? I have an idea: let’s all move someplace where it’s not 120 degrees outside.

5. This country prides itself so much on its glitz and glamour that it put a picture of its 7-star hotel on the license plate. Yet, the public toilets in the king-of-bling Gold Souk district are holes in the ground with no toilet paper or soap. Hoses to rinse your nether regions, however, are provided. This results in a mass of water on the floor that you must stand in to pee. Try squatting without touching anything and keeping your pants from touching anything either. Oh yeah. It’s 120 degrees in there too.

6. This country encourages businesses to hire people from other poor countries to come here and work. They have them sign contracts that are a decade long and then take their passports. Even though taking passports is supposedly illegal, the government knows it happens and does nothing to enforce the law. These poor people are promised a certain pay, but the companies neglect to tell them they will be deducting their cost of living from their paychecks, leaving them virtually penniless – that is, if they choose to pay them. Companies hold back paychecks for months at a time. When the workers strike as a result, they are jailed. Protesting is illegal, you see (apparently this law IS enforced).
These people will never make enough to buy a ticket home and even if they do, they do not have their passports. They live crammed in portables with tons of others, in highly unsanitary conditions. The kicker: they are building hotels that cost more to stay in for one night than they will make in an entire year. Things are so bad that a number of laborers are willing to throw themselves in front of cars because their death would bring their family affluence in the form of diya, blood money paid to the victim’s family as mandated by the government.

7. Things are not cheaper here. I’m sick of people saying that. I read the letters to the editor page of the paper and people say to those who complain about the cost of living rising here, “Well, it’s cheaper than your home country or you wouldn’t be here.” The only thing cheaper here is labor. Yes, you can have a maid – but a bag of washed lettuce will cost you almost $10.

8. There are traffic cameras everywhere. I consider this cheating. Where are the damn cops? I drove around this city for weeks before I ever even saw a cop. Trust me, they need traffic cops here. People drive like idiots. It’s perfectly okay to turn left from the far right lane, but speeding even just a couple of kilometers over will get you fined. These cameras are placed strategically as you come down hills, or just as the speed limit changes. Before you know it…BAM! Fined. Forget to pay the bill and your car will be impounded..

9. The clothing some of these women wear makes no sense to me. I understand that as part of your religion you are required to dress in a particular way, but a black robe over your jeans and turtleneck and cover your head when it is 120 degrees outside? In the gym some women wear five layers of clothing…sweatpants and t-****s over sweaters with headscarves. Yet the men’s clothing makes absolute sense: white, airy, and nothing underneath but their skivvies.

10. People stare at you. I am sick of being stared at. I’m stared at by men who have never seen a fair-skinned blue-eyed woman before, or who have and think we are all prostitutes so it’s okay to stare. They stare at me when I am fully covered or with my husband, and even follow me around. It’s beyond creepy and has brought me to tears on more than one occasion. The staring is not limited to men, either. I’m stared at angrily by female prostitutes who think I am running in on their territory by having a few drinks with my husband at the bar.

11. Prostitutes? Oh hell yes, there are prostitutes. Tons of them. So, let me get this straight, I can’t look at a naked picture of a person on the Internet in the privacy of my home, but it is okay to go out in public and buy a few for the night?

12. Alcohol can only be sold in hotels and a handful of private clubs. A person must own a liquor license to consume in the privacy of their own home. To obtain a liquor license you must get signed approval from your boss, prove a certain level of salary that determines how much you are allowed to buy, and then submit several mug shots (aka passport photos) for approval. Pay the fee and the additional 30% tax on every purchase and you may drink at home. Then again, you can just pick up a few bottles in the airport duty free on your way in to the country, but two is the max. Why not just drive out to Ajman where it’s a free-for-all and load up the SUV? It’s easy enough, but crossing the Emirates with alcohol is illegal – particularly in the dry emirate of Sharjah, which just happens to lie between Dubai and Ajman. Go figure.

13. Not only do you have to get your boss’s approval to obtain a liquor license, but you must also get the company’s approval to rent property, have a telephone, or get satellite TV.

14. Back to the craziness on the roads: If I see one more kid standing up and waving to me out the back window while flying down the road at 160 kph…whatever happened to seatbelts?

15. When is the weekend again? Let me get this straight: the weekend used to be Thursday and Friday, but no one took off all of Thursday, just a half day really. Now the government says Friday and Saturday are the weekend, but some people only take off Friday, others still take a half day on Thursday, but some might just take a half day on Saturday instead. Anyway you slice it, Sundays are workdays and little business can be accomplished Thursday through Saturday.

16. There are few satellite television operators:. The movie channels play movies that are old and outdated. Many of them went straight to video back in the States. Every sitcom that failed in the US has been purchased and is played here. Old episodes of Knight Rider are advertised like it is the coolest thing since sliced bread. The TV commercials are repeated so often that I am determined NOT to buy anything I see advertised on television here just for thee principle of it. When I say repeated often, I mean every commercial break - sometimes more than once.

17. The roads are horribly designed. Driving ten minutes out of the way to make a U-turn is not uncommon. People are not able to give directions most of the time (remember reason #1), and the maps are little help because most have few road names on them, if any. Where is interchange four? You just have to hope you got on the freeway in the right place and start counting because they are not numbered. Miss it and you’ll likely end up on the other side of town before you are able to turn around and go back.

18. Taxi drivers are dangerous and smell. Taxi drivers work very hard here to earn a living because travel by taxi is still relatively inexpensive, even though the cost of living is not (see reason #7). Because of this you may have a driver who has had little sleep or the opportunity to shower for several days. Many of these drivers have just as much difficulty finding their way around as you do, but add to this a third-world country driving style and extreme exhaustion and, well, remember to buckle up for safety.

19. Speeding is an Emirati sport and Emirates Road is just an extension of the Dubai Autodrome. I know I keep mentioning the roads, but really, much of this city’s issues are encompassed by the erratic and irrational behavior displayed on its streets. Visions of flashing lights on even flashier, limo-tinted SUVs haunt me as I merge on to the highway. Local nationals are somehow able to get the sun-protecting dark window tint denied to us lowly expats and use it to hide their faces as they tailgate you incessantly at unbelievably high speeds, their lights flickering on and off and horn blaring repeatedly. It doesn’t matter that you can’t get over, or if doing so would be particularly dangerous, they will run you off the road to get in front of you. Don’t even think about giving someone the finger; the offense could land you in jail. Tailgating is, unbelievably, legal.

20. Dubai is far from environmentally friendly. Ever wonder how much damage those manmade islands are doing to the delicate ocean ecosystem? Coral reefs, sea grasses, and oyster beds that were once part of protected marine lands lie choked under a barrage of dredged up sea sand. Consider the waste that occurs from erecting buildings on top of these sand monsters and from the people that occupy them coupled with the lack of an effective recycling program and you have an environmental disaster on your hands. Add to this more gas guzzling SUVs than fuel-efficient cars on the road and the need for 24-hour powerful air-conditioning and its evident that the environment is not high on the priority list of the UAE.

So while I’m sure there are benefits to living in Dubai, tax breaks, multi-cultural environments, and beautiful buildings aside, reconsider your plans to move here if any of the above mentioned reasons strikes a chord within you. Dubai is a city caught in an identity crisis. Struggling somewhere between its desire to be a playground for the rich and its adherence to traditional Islamic roots, rests a city that lacks sufficient infrastructure to support its delusions of grandeur. Visit if you must, but leave quickly before you are sucked into its calamitous void.

Mari
19th Sep 2010, 12:08
Yes, there are some pre-departure and post-landing duties. No cleaning, though.

Yes, you are NOT paid for that period of time. You are only paid from chock-off until chock-on.

Let's say you are stuck in New York due to bad weather conditions with 500 customers on board and spend 8 hours on the aircraft doing service on the ground. If the Captain happens to be a stupid idiot who doesn't move away 3 cm from the chock, you are NOT paid for this time. (True story, real life example.)

tik
19th Sep 2010, 12:49
I think am having a crush on Mari:} Mari i just love your posts i just cannot wait to get to Dubai and attend those CV drops,and i understand most of them have been for Arabic speakers ,so i have been doing some language classes ,everyone at home just cannot believe the love i have for this job,its amazing.

NKFLYBOY:
am wishing you all the best dear,loved your post,keep us updated .fingers crossed for everyone.

Nightwonder
19th Sep 2010, 14:05
Hello everyone...

I am newbie on this forum and to the world of Cabin Crew wannabees...

My question is regarding the Emirates ODs:
Which city is better - Amsterdam or Vienna???

Since both of these are near enough to me, but on the same day I'd be gratefull if someone could share some previous experiences on these cities or any knowledge on which is a better choice.

Thanks in advance.

kenyan85
19th Sep 2010, 14:21
Hey Ella , you're most welcome to attend my flight attendant academy hehe! Now, one lady made it, but she wasn't really in our group in the sense that she got caught up doing other things, but we had initially planned on meeting her with the other two ladies so it can be a trio. Suffice it to say, one other lady made it to the second last stage, but she made a fatal mistake (that I'm not at liberty to discuss) after which she was eliminated. I am however of the opinion that WHATEVER WILL BE SHALL BE. This year has taught me that there's only so much in life that I can control. Destiny will have its way. All we can do is accept and let go. Hey Mari, thanks for the invaluable info about living in Dubai and the not being paid in case the captain doesn't move a cm and the crew being left to service the cabin for hours. That's shocking, but what can one do? You are yet to answer my previous question - did you mean bald i.e no hair or bold i.e overly confident?

Lastly, I want to bring to the attention of everyone who comes through this forum and leaves once they get information that benefits them - a bit of selflessness never hurt anyone. Do not just disappear once you get your questions answered. Pass on the karma. It'll come back to you tenfold. It's much easier to leave and never come back, and it's way harder to help other people and offer words of encouragement even after you've joined EK and are flying around the world. A little empathy and compassion goes a long way. I always say - if you live for yourself, you live in vain, but if you live for others, you will live again. Love and Light xx

Agneese
19th Sep 2010, 15:07
Hello! I was wondering is there a chance to join with EK if you are married? And how do they feel about kids(if you have one)?
And where could i find an information about AD and OD-when and where?

Thanking ahead for the info:ok:

Mari
19th Sep 2010, 18:36
Agneese,

ODs and ADs are posted on the Emirates career page. (If you cannot find this info, working in the Middle-East as a cabin crew is definately not for you.)

Married people: accepted.
Kid: it's fine.

The real question is: is your husband planing to follow you? Do you want to take your kid as well?

Emirates does NOT provide residence visa for the relatives of the cabin crew. (Your grade - status - is not high enough.) Ergo you cannot bring them here.

Your husband needs to find a job and his company needs to organize the visa for him. Then he can sponsor his kid.

You can move out from company accomodation if your husband is in Dubai. Accomodation and transportation allowance will be provided by Emirates. (You need to buy a car and rent an appartment.)

If your husband is abroad, you can stay in EK provided accomodation. (Flats are shared among 2-3 cabin crew.)

Free annual leave tickets and unlimited consessional tickets will be provided to your husband and kid. No healthcare or other benefits!

If your husband and kid are visiting you on tourist visa, they can stay with you in your EK accomodation (up to 60 days a year) with the permission of your flatmate.

You have 30 leave days a year. It means you will go home maybe 3-4 times a year.

NAVELO
19th Sep 2010, 19:10
Mari,
Would you mind sharing the pre-departure and post-landing duties for G2 CC with us?
As for the real life example you gave us, did the rest of the crew after landing gang up on the captain and beat the crap out of him?... Just kidding. or maybe not...

Agneese
19th Sep 2010, 19:48
Oh,sorry ofcourse got the dates from their web site,did it wrong at first:O

My story is that i made it to the Qatars FI in august,but got the rejection e-mail today.My best friend got her gongrats one though.We think we both did great in FI and everything else was ok too.We actually even look quait similar:E Only difference is that She is not married...That is why I ask if the marital status and kids are an issue in Emirates.Is it harder for people who are married to ge the job?

Emirates would be my first choice and as you told me they let Your family stay with you while wisiting(Qatar does not(husband i mean) and have only 4 weeks anyways)
But the thing is that they do not do any recruiting near my country(I live in Estonia).
So I guess i have to figure out where to go to attend...

At first I am not thinking about taking my husband and kid with me...

Thanks for info Mari...:ok:

Ahamprema
19th Sep 2010, 21:05
Does any one know if Emirates recruits cabin crew year long ... i missed Los Angeles the 18th ..im curious to when they will be back in the states .. i checked the emirates website for open days and only list octobers open days ... would any one know if they come year round ??

Ahamprema
19th Sep 2010, 21:13
lol.. ive lived in florida and have expirienced the intense humidity a minute before taking the keys out and no a.c.

mariemi
19th Sep 2010, 22:34
thank you miyako (http://www.pprune.org/members/335717-miyako)
but i'm not sure if they'll let us in since they don't come to hotel,they come to agency

Mari
19th Sep 2010, 23:24
Amsterdam or Vienna?

23th October 2010

What I read on another (not English) forum: around 100 people attended the Amsterdam OD in July. It was a CV drop-off. They called back 20 people for the next day. Finals were on the 3rd day: I think 7-8 people went for it. (Some of them got rejected.) As the OD was quite recent maybe less people will show up this time. However, Emirates is getting more and more popular so there might be more people... Hard to tell...

There is (usually, but who knows the future?) only 1 OD in Vienna per year if I remember well. (Some people from my country were hired from there as it's very close to us.) Normally 20-50 people show up, many foreigners, especially from Eastern-Europe. I have no idea how many will show up this time but my guess is much less than 100. (I think the last OD in Vienna was 28th November 2009.)

The following cities are very close to Vienna: There were 52 in Bratislava the last time in August, 21 made it to the final, many got rejected. (There is an OD 3-4 times a year.) There were 70 in Budapest in February, 9 made it to the final, 7 got hired.

Do not register for the Open day!!! If you don't make it, you can go for another one later and you don't have to wait 6 months. (But don't let them ever know that you attended an OD already!) If you make it to the final, you can fill up the application form the night before your interview.

Good luck with the decision!

skyhigh12
20th Sep 2010, 00:57
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how long they keep your record in their system after the final interview?. So if your not successful after the interview do they delete your file after 1 year?

Thanks!

want_TObeCC
20th Sep 2010, 02:39
hello everyone !

I want to share my recent experience and in case you have some advice I will be more than grateful :ok:
I'm currently rushing to have all my medicals done, hopefully I'm fit enough to start up my dream job.
But, one of the boys that got to the final interview with me got a very bizard email today, telling him that his application will be on hold for 3 months in spite of having his status as "you will be contacted..." since Aug. 29th. (approximately)

have any of you heard something similar? just wondering :rolleyes:
I'm shocked...

Wen
20th Sep 2010, 04:03
Dear ppruners,

This is Wen from Malaysia.

In Malaysia, Emirates' OD is conducted by the appointed agency.

Few months ago, i attended the OD. They didn't take any male applicants that time. The officer from that agency just collected my resume and photo. Then he added:" You can only reapply 6 months later if you are not short listed this time"

Then yesterday (19th Sep), there was another round of OD in Malaysia. I went for the second time. I met my friends J and T there. J is a female while T is a Male. While J was still preparing her document, i went in to meet the officers from that agency. Then she said:" I am sorry, this time we are taking only females." Then she collected my resume and photo. I asked her:" Since this time i am not slelected again, do i have to wait for another 6 months to reapply?" Then she answered :" No, you don't have to wait for another 6 months, you can come anytime when there is an OD." I wonder why the officer from the first OD i attended and this officer are not telling the same thing? Strange...

Then l left the hotel. An hour later, i called J. She managed to do the reach test and the first round of group discussion. However, she wasn't selected. Then she told me, the strange thing is, T and another chinese guy were selected and they were given a form to fill in. They were selected to attend the coming AD.

In their advertisement in the newspaper, they stated " Fluency in written and verbal Mandarin is essential." But i wonder why they selected T? I know T quite well, he is not chinese and he definitely can't speak chinese at all. Anyway, i am really happy for him as he was selected to attend the coming AD. I wish him all the best.:ok: Just that i don't really understand how could this happen. T went in just about 10 minutes after me. Why they let him in to have the reach test and group discussion? I wonder what is the criteria they are looking for? I am a chinese but i didn't get the chance. What is the point then they put this requirement "Fluency in written and verbal Mandarin is essential" in their advertisement?

I remember the moment before i went in to approach the officers, i saw one guy who was seated next to the officers' table and he was filling up a form. I wonder what form was he filling in? And obviously he is also another non-chinese candidate to get selected. Hopefully he can make it, as he is really the "material" of a cabin crew. All the best to you stranger:ok:

May i know if anyone of you here were also there yesterday? And would you please share your experience? Are there any other male apllicants selected? And how many of you are not mandarin speaking regardless female or male?

I am not here to judge the appointed agency. Just that in my opinion, they don't really follow the standard requirement. And this is absolutely not fair to the other candidates who meet the requirement stated.

Last but not least, all the best to those of you who are selected for the AD.:ok:

Samantha in Sydney
20th Sep 2010, 04:50
Hi all,

Just an update. On Friday night I registered for Sydney Open Day, now I'm just waiting for an email/call inviting me to come along! Even if they don't contact me I'm still going to show up haha! Hopefully the recruiters will see me as determined and not just being an annoying and obsessed loser!

Is anyone else going to Sydney Open Day, Saturday 9th October 2010?

On Friday night I was running around trying to get the photos done but photographers were closed so I ended up taking them myself! I had to set the timer on my camera and use masking tape to stick it to the top of my tall mirror because it was the only way I could get the right angle!

I've also started my application for Qantas International (based in Sydney). It's not my first preference (I would much rather work for Emirates and experience living in Dubai) but I'm trying to keep my options open in case I'm not Emirates material!

Good luck everyone! I'm loving all the valuable info!

purelife
20th Sep 2010, 06:17
hello people!!!

Im leaving to the airport in 5 hours... I will let you know how it goes once i get there and have a chance!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE YOU IN DXB! :ok:

Agneese
20th Sep 2010, 06:56
So Emirates has an OD in Prague on 23 of october,what do you think is it a good place to attend? Since i would go by a car it would be the closest city for me(though i,d had to ride 24 hours anyways).
So to that OD i can just go without register by net? Could anyone please tell me if the Prague OD will be 2days with the FI?
Got to get planning something soon

Thank you and best of luck everyone!:)

Seja
20th Sep 2010, 07:20
OOooooh I am so stoked for you! Exciting! Please keep us updated... Are you nervous? I still have 5 weeks to wait until it's my turn.... All the best for you!

Jade88
20th Sep 2010, 08:17
Samantha in Sydney

I'm from Melbourne and flying up to Sydney to do the Open Day! Was planning on going to the Melbourne one on the weekend just passed but pulled out last minute. I haven't applied online to go, but the last time I was there they told me to come back to this one in October as I hadn't completed the whole 6 months from the last Screening day I went to back in March.
So nervous and excited!

EkAdelaide
20th Sep 2010, 08:47
Hi guys,

My friend attended the OD in Melbourne last Saturday. One of the recruiters (Louise) was explaining how you cannot be there if you attended an OD in the last six months. When asked if anyone had been to an OD in the last six months, no one put their hand up, then she commented "That's interesting, because I see some familiar faces in the room, because I do all the Australian recruitment." Then just before they played the first video, around 6 people stood up and left.

So my advice: if you're going to an OD without waiting six months, hopefully you don't get the same recruiter, because some of them have a good memory. Of course you can still get through without waiting, I've heard of many who didn't wait, but luck plays a part...

It would be interesting if the recruiters just say that at the beginning of every OD to scare those particular candidates. In this case, it worked!

Samantha in Sydney
20th Sep 2010, 10:31
Hey Jade88!

I guess I'll be seeing you soon then! I am soooooooo nervous too, it's affecting my sleep haha. Do you mind telling me what happened at the last Open Day you went to? How did you go wrong? Sorry not being nosey just trying to research as much as possible so I can be perfect on the day. Send me a private message if you prefer.

Purelife

Make sure you tell us all about it, EVERY single detail! I wish I was on my way to Dubai!

Congratulations! :D

Sam :)

Jade88
20th Sep 2010, 12:54
Samantha in Sydney!

Haha nah I don't mind sharing at all! I did my first OD in Melbourne back in March and got as far as I did just out of luck, had no idea what to expect and was very unprepared!

The OD is pretty much consisted of watching a dvd, listening to the recruiters talk about Dubai and working as CC, and question time. Then you go up and hand in your cv and they ask you a simple question regarding your cv and then you're done. If they like you and what's on your cv they will give you a call back. At the OD there were close to 200 people and it dropped down to 60 people for the selection day.

The second day was made up of group discussions, reach test, english test (for those that were required to do it), a one-on-one with a recruiter if you are fluent in another language and if you have any birth marks/moles/tatts etc and a whole lot of waiting around. I got to the second group discussion and unsuccessful to go through to the FI the next day. I'm not too sure where I went wrong as they don't provide any feedback but I think my energy levels had dropped heaps from being there 9-5. So make sure you get a good nights rest haha! From 60 it went down to around 10 (I think) to get to the FI by the end of the day but I only know of 1 that got accepted and is flying now! So I'm pretty happy I got so far...

I was soooo nervous just because it was the whole unexpected factor. But seriously, don't get too stressed out as the first day isn't that bad - except the overwhelming amount of people that were there! The second day was quite fun and I got to meet some awesome people too, just a pity I didn't get a FI but luckily 6 months flew by quickly and now I have a fairly good idea about the process and feel so much more confident going! :)

BUTTER-FLY
20th Sep 2010, 13:44
Hi dears...!!! I consider me a good girl with good intentions but why me?
Regretebily I must inform you that after almost 1 month with me status in !YOU WILL BE CONTACTED last week I received an awfull e-mail that say...!!
due to the limited number of current vacancies and specific language requirements, we are unable to proceed with your
application. Therefore, we will place your file temporarily on hold for three months.
And I know some people in others countries that received the same e-mail at the moment...!!!
Even more my status has changed to UNDER REVIEW....!!!!:*???? what happend Mari? somebody know people wo ´ve been in this situation...!!! Can somebody tell me what will happend whit me? I really don understand why why why...!!!!! On other hands I would like t know the true...!!! they are really gonna see my aplication again?:ugh:Mari, yellybabi, somebody pkease...!!! thank you...!! I think I am the only person in usa in this situation...! OMG.

Mari
20th Sep 2010, 13:47
Article:

Air hostess life in Dubai

Think the jet-set career of a flight attendant sounds glamorous? Time Out went behind the scenes to discover the reality

(...) We asked two Emirates cabin crew flatmates to keep a diary for a week, to find out whether their lifestyle is truly fabulous – or super strenuous. (...)

Read the article:

Air hostess life in Dubai - The Knowledge Features - TimeOutDubai.com (http://www.timeoutdubai.com/knowledge/features/17816-air-hostess-life-in-dubai)

Mari
20th Sep 2010, 14:21
Butter-fly and want-to-be-cc,

I believe you are very angry and disappointed now but you need to accept this situation. Life is great but unpredictable!

You are not rejected but you need to wait a bit more for your contract. There is absolutely nothing to do... Sorry to say that.

The company does NOT treat you as an individual, you are just a number and you can be replaced any time easily. If you don't like this situation, well, nobody really cares.

Let's face it: the last 12 months of recruitment was crazy!!! There were 4-6-7 batches a week!!! It means 60-100 new people were coming out from the college every week. Remember: there was a 9-month-recruitment freeze last year and we received/receive 10 new A380 aircrafts in 2010.

I wouldn't say they stop hiring but it seems to me that they slowed down. (They might stop hiring, might not stop: no idea!) I would keep hiring but only 2-4 batches a month maybe. (That's what I would do but I have no clue what EK is planning to do...)

There are 3 more A380 aircrafts to come this year and ab-initio courses are full in October and November already.

There is a break in aircraft deliveries after the 15th A380.

Planned delivery of the 16th A380 in the 3rd quarter in 2011, 17th and 18th in the 4th quarter 2011, 19th and 20th in the first quarter 2012.
(info: A380 production list - Planes (http://plane.spottingworld.com/A380_production_list) )

There is always a big resignation wave after New Year's Eve. Let's hope that many people leave the company and they need many new from the holding pool.

I hope you didn't resign yet...

Do not give up hope! I'm sure you will be scheduled for a training in the near future.

However, I don't know what 'near future' really means... I guess they will review your file later again. I would only be sure getting this job after the golden call and after receiving my contract.

(However, you know what happened to many people last year after announcing the recruitment freeze...)

Since Etihad is hiring I would try their recruitment - just in case. (That's what I would do but I'm not as naive and positive as most of the people on this forum...)

ReRe
20th Sep 2010, 15:33
how long i have to wait until i will receive my final approval?

ReRe
20th Sep 2010, 15:48
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

neurosis
20th Sep 2010, 19:38
Hi everyone!!

Congratulations for all of you who get the GC!

Just one question to ask.. anyone here attend the open day in Barcelona on the 21th of August? Anyone get any feedback yet?

Ella2000
20th Sep 2010, 21:19
Hi,

this OD will be the 3th one this year, last time 70-80 people showed up. It is not so many people but still there are some better destinations regarding the attendance (Germany, Austria, Luxembourg). The last time they gave chance to all of us - the first elimination was after group disscusion. I do not know more numbers as this is always my time to leave lol.
Good luck!

Hey, I missed your departure. Good luck girl and enjoy DXB!

Hey kenyan85,

I have missed you and your optimism and brightness...

Hi butter fly,
do not be sad, be patient. I think they just exceeded their capacities and now they are trying to fix it and return to normal numbers: new joiners + crew needed for new aircrafts = resigning crew.

want_TObeCC
20th Sep 2010, 23:06
Mari,
thanks for taking the time an replying back :)
I will report again once I'm done with the medicals

Samantha in Sydney
20th Sep 2010, 23:34
Hey,

Thanks so much for that, it helped alot! Let me know if you want to meet maybe 30 mins beforehand and go through some interview questions together? I think it might be less nerve-wracking if we practice before the real thing!

Sam

SalvadorS
21st Sep 2010, 05:17
Do the recruiters at the OD ask what languages you know?
Mari: do you mind sharing what languages you know?

Samantha in Sydney
21st Sep 2010, 07:02
Does anyone have a copy of the Emirates Grooming Manual that you could send me by email? I would REALLY appreciate it!

Agneese
21st Sep 2010, 07:33
So the hold-on for 3 months got me a bit thinkful...Are they still gonna hire people or would it be normal if you got to the FI and then they will still put you on-hold with your application and results...

It would be okey if i could attend an OD in my home country,but i would have to spend pretty good amount for travelling for example to Prague.(thinking its the closest town for me).

And Mari,sorry for bothering again,but are you sure that being married with a kid ain,t gonna affect my possibilities? For me it is not a problem and everything has been discussed at home with my family.But it seems to me that it was the reason for me to get the rejection e-mail from Qatar.Maybe the policies towards marital satatus is different for Qatar and Emirates...(Thank you so much for replying)

Agh,just dont want to travel to another country if there are some obvious signs that talk against me:hmm:

All the best to those who are planning to attend next month and to those who are waiting their results,hope you will get the good ones soon!:ok:

zwerko
21st Sep 2010, 07:49
Hi I was on FI on 4th August in Serbia a yesterday i also recived e-mail that my application is put on hold for 3 months :(

ReRe
21st Sep 2010, 09:04
someone attending on 1st of November???

EkAdelaide
21st Sep 2010, 10:05
Sorry to those who have been put on hold. I'm sure it's still good news, I think you just have to wait a bit longer.

I hope so anyway. If they are putting applications on hold, I wonder why they are still holding OD's. I noticed some are postponed until further notice. Maybe they want to hire more people of certain languages before you. Your time will come.

Do you mind posting the email they sent? Or you can send to me in private message.

Thanks & I have my fingers crossed it will still be good news for you :) Have faith

Nightwonder
21st Sep 2010, 11:19
[Text speak]

CuteAfrican
21st Sep 2010, 12:01
Hi everyone.

Sorry that it's been almost two weeks since I last posted. I've been really busy and now I've found some time to share what happened at the AD (I know someone asked...)

I was well prepared, along with a friend of mine. We prepped with kenyan85 (who's knows everything about these interviews, if you ask me). However, the other lady we were prepping with went all the way to the last group activity and I was out after the first.

I was sad at first, but then I realized what I needed to do in the future. So the day started at around 9:00am when we were ushered into the hall. The recruiters greeted us at the door, and they looked us up and down- from head to toe. I smiled at them and proceeded to sit down. We were around 70-80 people, with less than 10% from Mombasa and the rest from Nairobi (they asked).

They greeted us, and then proceeded to inform us about life in Dubai, and how working for Emirates would be. We filled out some evaluation forms of how we got to know about the opportunity, how we like the company etc etc...
Then we watched a bunch of videos as we were called up in front to 'sign-in' and receive our numbered stickers. They asked for my name and gave me the sticker. That was all. I smiled politely and returned to my seat. The videos continued, then a question and answer session began. They asked us about the company, and we also had a chance to ask them questions.

Then we were told to leave the room after we were divided into two groups. The first group was set to return at 11:30, and the other group at 12:15. I was in the second group. When we returned we were further divided into two, and we were asked to find out more about the person on our left- their name, their favourite movie and the moral behind it. So we went ahead and did it and from what I remember three people from my group went through- two girls and a guy.

Anyway, as we were introducing each other we were called up for the reach test. I'm around 5'2.5, so it was a bit of a stretch for me. Then I was asked what I do for a living and I responded. Then I went back to sit down. Then after we had introduced each other, we were given a group discussion. We were asked to discuss the merits/demerits of Coca Cola as opposed to Pepsi Cola. One group was given Coke, and we were given Pepsi. We were also to choose one person to present our findings after ten minutes.

When we were done, the recruiter came around and randomly picked someone to present- NOT the person we had chosen. So it's important to always have an answer since you don't know when you shall be chosen to speak.

She went and spoke (she also got through to the FI), and that was that. We were then asked to leave the room, and when we returned they had the little congratulations/rejection papers, and I got the latter.

What's interesting to note is that of the 70-80 people who were at the AD, only 8 made it through to the English test. So around 90% of the people there were cut after the first round. I thought it was a little unfair, but hey- it's Emirates. They can do whatever they want.

Of the 8, 4 got to the FI, and I haven't heard any news from any of them.

So that was my experience. I'm going to wait 6 months then apply again.

A big congratulations to everyone who got their GC's and FA's. :D I'm really proud of you. Hopefully I'll join you in Dubai soon ;).

miruna22
21st Sep 2010, 12:11
[Text speak]

zwerko
21st Sep 2010, 12:11
This is how email looks and i speak only English and Serbian :)

Reference your application & recent interview for the position of Cabin Crew; regrettably we need to inform you that due to the limited number of current vacancies and specific language requirements, we are unable to proceed with your application. Therefore, we will place your file temporarily on hold for three months.

We will keep you posted with your results in due course. Please update us if your contact and personal details change from that given in the application.

YELLYBABY
21st Sep 2010, 14:30
Top Ten Reasons to Live in Dubai

year round sunshine! dubai has sunshine all year round, and for 8 to 9 months of the year it has a warm yet highly pleasant climate. it is typically only unbearably hot during the summer period of june through to september. this therefore gives dubai a great year round rental potential, with tourists being attracted to dubai at all times throughout the year. during winter months the day time temperature averages around the mid 20’s and it does get a bit cooler at night.
tax free living- there is no income or capital gains tax, nor is there any corporation tax. this combined with 100% ownership in free zones and freehold property developments, with strong investor incentives and protections makes dubai a highly appealing place to buy and live.
one of the safest places in the world- dubai is regarded as being in the top five safest cities to live in the world. crime levels are very low with offences against another person and theft kept to the lowest possible levels by a vigilant police force and only 1.7% of the population is currently unemployed.
low cost property- compared to other countries around the world, dubai property is relatively inexpensive. judged against house prices in the united kingdom, dubai property is great value, more luxurious and the facilities provided are top class. with such huge interest from local and overseas investors alike, prices look set to increase therefore making dubai property a sound investment.
high standard of living- dubai offers a very good standard of living, with its great weather, safe environment, vibrant nightlife, countless leisure activities and great beaches. on offer is a lifestyle that for many that is rarely surpassed elsewhere.
breathtaking architecture/buildings: it’s hard not to be impressed by the style and sheer audacity of the ever changing dubai landscape. from the palm islands to the striking 7 star burj al arab hotel, dubai is constantly finding new ways to amaze and exceed the limits of manmade structures. what’s soon to be officially the world’s tallest building, the burj dubai, is currently under construction in downtown dubai.
fantastic shopping- dubai has something for everyone, from the countless high end boutiques to the gold and spice souks, a variety of shopping experiences await. the world's largest shopping mall, the dubai mall, is presently under construction, as part of the burj dubai development and other malls such as mall of the emirates, deira city center and ibn battuta are very popular shopping destinations.
stable economy- dubai’s currency is linked to the us dollar, pegged at aed 3.67: us$. this therefore gives a strong element of stability to the country, something not often guaranteed in the middle-east. dubai has achieved gdp growth of 8% for the last 10 years and is currently regarded as the worlds fastest developing city.
a diverse city- dubai is a very cosmopolitan city, with over 100 different nationalities coexisting in harmony within its borders. over 80% of the population are expatriates, whom all bring together their differing cultures to create a vibrant and varied environment.
the best is yet to come- dubai is already considered one of the best places to live in the world, despite the fact that the majority of its projects and developments are yet to be completed. upcoming projects include the likes of dubailand, a $20 billion dollar theme park resort that will cover some 3 billion square feet, almost twice the size of disneyland; and the dubai water front, the largest man made development in the word, set to be several times larger than manhattan.

I (ironically) came across this article, while reading about why NOT to move to dubai.

pipita
21st Sep 2010, 14:37
Hi guys!! I just want to share with you that today I received my final approval! I´m soo happy! :O:O:O I´m in the process of reading the info I was given in the portal.
my DOJ is 4th of November, anyone with the same DOJ??:ok:

Applications on hold:

I know a guy from Argentina that received that email too, I think the only reason is vacancies, according to what I read they are full in capacity on training courses, but I have no doubt that you guys will be called again, the only thing you need to do is keep waiting a little bit more! :)

I also want to share with all of you some info. about my selection process:

AD: july, 17th
FI: July 19th
GC:August 7th
Final approval: sept. 21st.

Agneese
21st Sep 2010, 16:07
has anyone recived a golden call during last couple of days or only on-hold e-mails?

ReRe
21st Sep 2010, 16:15
Hi,

Can you please tell me,how long did you wait after you had uploaded all your medicals?
I have my DOJ on 1st November and my medicals are still in progress.
Thank you.

BUTTER-FLY
21st Sep 2010, 17:32
Thanks everybody,
I know, I just`ve to waiting..!!! the only thing worried me is, my status was applied, after interview approval in progress, then "you will be contacted", now under review, so three steps forward two back...!!:rolleyes:..!!
anyway, I hope in the near future I received news from them...!!
EKADELAIDE, basically the most importan of e-mail is:

De to the limited number of current vacancies and specific language requirements, we are unable to proceed with your
application. Therefore, we will place your file temporarily on hold for three months.

Any body else from USA with this e-mail?
ZWERKO: what about your status?
Im ok, Im fine, Im a positive person with a aim and I´ll wait and I´ll get it..!! Im sure, I will.
THANK YOU AGAIN..!!!!

ThatRedHatGirl
21st Sep 2010, 22:00
Emirates are balancing their numbers, calm down. It's impossible to predict exactly how many crew they need. Probably they now have a slight surplus of people plus as Mari mentioned, the training college is going day and night. No point giving people DOJ's when the classes are full. Things will pick up as the aircraft deliveries speed up. Historically the end of the year is a bit slow for the manufacturers so I wouldn't start reading any doom and gloom into starts being delayed by a month or two.

Mike Allan
21st Sep 2010, 22:02
Hello to all of you CC Wannabes !

Is there anyone there attending the OD in Belgrade on the 25th of September ? It would be really nice too meet someone i know there.

Thanks and good luck to all of ya

zwerko
21st Sep 2010, 22:03
well my status is again app under review

AmandaUC
22nd Sep 2010, 05:46
Hi everyone,

I'll be leaving to Dubai soon :) hoping someone may help here by telling me if the 50kgs luggage allowance also includes the hand baggage weight or are you allowed 50kg plus 7kg of hand baggage (I read on Emirates website 7kg is for hand baggage/luggage) BUT since we are kind of "special" and not a regular passenger was just wondering if this also applies to us since we are getting to bring 50kgs over to Dubai with us???

I have not yet received my info/E-ticket and visa but have not read anywhere on here that people talk about the hand baggage allowance...only read about the 50kg...

Any help greatly appreciated :):):)

Elizabeth00
22nd Sep 2010, 06:25
Hello everyone!

I went to the Los Angeles OD and I would like to share my experience. There were about 70 people that showed up for the open day. I was expecting more. I've been preparing for this interview for the past couple months, reading these forums all the way through several times and making sure all my documents and paperwork were together. I came to the open day in a suit (jacket and skirt) with my hair pulled back, lots of hairspray, lost of make-up (blush, eyeliner, eye shadow), red lipstick, and new clean pressed blouse (pink - no scarf), and court shoes with skin colored pantyhose. I got my nails done with Acrylic and French tipped. I used Crest white strips on my teeth two weeks before the interview. I did not wear jewelry even though I had bought pearl earrings to wear to the interview- I decided it was best to not take the stereotypical pearl earring route. When I arrived I was surprised to see the turnout... People arrived in t shirts, some of the girls looked like they were going to clubs with high heels, open toed shoes. A few people didn't even know what a CV was and the recruiters had to have them write their resumes on blank paper. Some people I talked to seemed surprised that a job interview would take all day and complained about the amount of time that it was taking!

THE OPEN DAY
During the open day they showed us videos of Dubai and opened up for questions. Someone actually asked if we could take a break when they asked what we knew about Dubai! It was embarrassing for me to have to watch the recruiters stare at some people in disbelief at some of the questions asked. I continued to smile throughout the process and I didn't put any input into the questions they were asking, but smiled and listened.

After the video showing they informed us that because of the numbers they would be holding the Assessment Day that day as well. I panicked because I wasn't prepared for the Assessment Day to be on the same day as the open day! I was expecting it to be the next day. I quickly ran through everything in my head that I knew about the group interviews:

Make eye contact with everyone in the group - not just the recruiters.
Don't talk too much.
Don't disagree with anyone.
Plaster a 'genuine' smile on your face and nod and agree with everything.
Don't have any nervous ticks i.e. picking your finger nails or jittering.
Talk loud enough so everyone can hear you.
Keep it short and sweet, but make your point.
Everyone made it to the assessment part of the day, even the people that were clearly too old or heavy or dressed improperly.

THE ASSESSMENT DAY
They split us into two big groups and group one was sent into the room while group two waited outside. I was in group one and once inside the group was split again into two groups. There were two circles of chairs placed around the room. We were asked to start a discussion for 10 minutes and decide if we think being street smart or book smart is more important in the real world. Everyone discussed and agreed on street smart and came up with some examples. During this phase I smiled and agreed with everyone occasionally adding in 'That's a really good point, Chad'. I didn't actually add any input to this. The recruiters walked around the circle and observed us. Next they asked us to talk to the person to our right and find out their greatest achievement of their life so far. Be sure to listen to what they ask of you because we were to stand one by one and some people didn't ask the person on their right, they just asked the person next to them on their left which left them getting called out by the recruiter for not following directions. Eeek! When it was my turn to talk about the person on my right I naturally looked at the recruiter and began talking. I realized I was doing this and quickly started making eye contact around the group and smiling while I talked. I was very careful not to add 'um's or 'uh's to my explanation. I kept it very short and sweet: "Hello, the person to my right is named Chad. Chad's greatest achievement is when he was 17 he moved away from home to be a foreign exchange student and he learned Turkish." and then I sat down. A lot of people only looked at the recruiters and mumbled. Remember to be talking to the group!

While we were gathering information on our partner they called us up one by one to do the 212cm reach test and they asked us an ice breaker question. My question was 'what is your favorite hobby'. I answered fencing and my recruiter stared at me for a moment and asked me to repeat myself as if she didn't understand. This made me nervous. And I explained fencing with sabres. And she nodded and interrupted me as I went on about doing it after work etc.. So I was feeling scared about my one on one time - worried that I messed it up. Also when I took off my heels to do the reach test I dropped my shoe and it rolled under the table next to us ><. Clumsy wasn't the impression I had wanted to make.

After the group that session group two went in and we were told to come back at 1:30pm. When we came back we did an English test. The test was easy but strange because it seemed to be more of a 'British' English test as opposed to an American one. So be prepared to figure out words or phrases that you're not used to if you're American. At the end of the test we had to write an essay on how cultural differences contributed to society.

The English test took about an hour (I spent about 20 minutes on it). We were told to come back at 3:30pm. When we got back they had eliminations for us and told us to go out in the hallway to read them. They handed us a slice of folded paper letting us know if we were successful to the next round or if we were let go. They thanked the people that were let go and the people that stayed waited in the hallway. I was successful at this stage. They eliminated about 75% of the people. Only 14 remained. One thing that was interesting to me was they didn’t eliminate a couple of the older, unattractive heavy people. There were two people there after the first round that I knew were definitely over 40 and over weight. It was a little strange and I wondered why they kept them after the first round when I was sure they wouldn’t make it because of age.

They split us into two groups of 7 and we went in one by one. This time the recruiters were both observing the group while the other group waited outside. My group was first and was asked if we could pick 5 Olympic Games to be eliminated from the next upcoming Olympics what would be chose and why? During this part we chose curling, snowboarding, luge, shot-put and discus. Having done my homework on the group interviews I was quiet most of the time and smiled and agreed with everyone. There was a girl and a guy in the group pretty much taking charge and dominating the discussion. Toward the end of the discussion I offered shot put to be one of the games to eliminate because it had a very limited range of people that could actually play the event, as opposed to running that could have a wide variety of people participate. Everyone agreed with me and we added that and later discus to the list. When we presented our five choices to the recruiters, one of them said that shot-put and discus are two of the most ancient games! Why would be eliminate those?! YIKES! We said because of popularity... what we thought would have brought in more ratings and viewers. One of those was the one I offered so I was worried. They gave us a choice to eliminate two of those games from our list and we of course chose to take off shot-put and discus. She asked us if we were basing the choosing of the games by American popularity or worldwide popularity. How embarrassing. However, this is where you need to realize that they don’t care about the topic at hand at all. The entire time I smiled, put in just a little bit of input, nodded and agreed with everyone and kept eye contact with the group. Just remember they’re not looking for answers about the topic as much as how you’re acting.
They did another round of eliminations and I was successful through this round as well. PHEW. Now there were just less than 10 people (the older and overweight people and a couple more were eliminated). And another side note: there was a girl that made it to the final interview that didn’t smile the entire day, talked too much and seemed to be in a bad mood, interesting. When we got called back in we had to sign up for our final interviews. They told us specifically what to wear and what to bring:

1 professional full length photo in business attire
6 passport sized pictures in formal attire (NEED at least two)
2 casual photos
CV
Proof of employment (pay stub)
Copies of educational certificates (high school diploma, college degree etc..)
2 colored copies of your passport info page
Paperwork they gave you the day before already filled out.
THE FINAL INTERVIEW

I had everything prepared for them and they seemed to appreciate this.
As far as your CV goes - they used the copy that you give them on the first day, I brought another just in case. Bring two with you to all the days because this helped fill in employment information on some paperwork when I didn’t have my CV. Print your CV out on resume paper. Bring a pen with you all the days so you don’t need to ask them for one! I had all my paperwork in a thin leather folder with a pen holder and a pad of paper for notes. Along with that I brought my purse with me and inside I brought a tide pen just in case I got something on my shirt, an emergency compact for makeup, lipstick for reapplication during breaks, mascara and an eyelash curler.
For the full body professional attire picture and passport pictures: wearing a suit, closed toed black court shoes, conservative jewelry, hair hairsprayed back all the way IN A BUN with no fly aways at all, looking at the camera straight on, and your foot can be slightly angled to make it pretty. If you have a fringe (bangs) then you have to pull them to one side and clip them secured with hairspray. They can’t be loose. Have a solid white background, big smile, red lipstick, tons of makeup, hands at your sides. They said guys need to be clean shaven and hair combed to one side wearing a suit. Someone from my group didn’t shave and spent money on pictures and they said he had to redo them. Some people on here were saying you could take the full body professional attire photo yourself at home, but I wouldn’t recommend this because they mentioned it had to be done in a studio in the interview. I came prepared and did my pictures a month ago professionally.
I brought several casual photos. I had my recruiter chose which ones she liked more out of all of them in the interview. She seemed pleased to do this and she chose a full body and a close up photo and gave the rest back to me.

Another note: I turned in a passport picture and a professional studio standing picture in on the first day of the OD. When I made it to the final interview I realized they had stapled through my face on both the passport picture and the professional one. So bring an extra copy of your professional full body and an extra passport picture because she was relieved that I had an extra copy after she took the staples out. She gave the stapled ones back to me.

Remember to bring your educational certificates, paystub, and pictures with you. I’m pretty sure they will like this and it will help move your application along faster since you won’t have to upload anything. Some people didn’t even bring the 2 passport photos that the recruiters said were MOST important to bring for processing the visa. If you can’t get anything then at least make sure you have 2 passport pictures with you for the final interview.

The final interviews were split into two panels, so I was only interviewed by one recruiter. The woman that interviewed me was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen! However, she seemed to be the more reserved one of the two, the ‘bad cop’ if you will. It was very hard to make her smile in the interview and not seem bored. She asked me heaps of questions and wanted me to go into COMPLETE detail. Some of the questions I remember were:

Tell me about a time that you had a problem with a customer that you had to deal with yourself – in specific detail.

Tell about time that one of your customers had a problem and you went outside of your scope of practice to help them because you felt for them on an emotional level, even when you didn’t necessarily have to do anything for them.

Tell me about a time where you disagreed with a coworker or place of employment.

Something about asking if I was ever placed into a last minute stressful situation that I had to handle..

She asked me why I was looking for a career change from computer programmer to hospitality.

All the questions seemed to run together after a bit. She kept asking me to elaborate into more and more detail so be prepared. I believe this is just to see if you’re lying or not. Be sure to have good references listed from your current or recent employers. Remember to smile the entire time, relax, and maintain eye contact. I kept my hands folded on the desk so she could see my manicured fingernails and also so I wouldn’t nervously pick at them. Try to lighten the conversation up because it definitely seemed like she was trying to lay on the pressure. It also seemed like she was trying to get me to talk bad about my previous employer, so be sure that everything stays positive like “Working as a computer programmer was a very rewarding experience and I learned a lot from my years at that job, however I missed the satisfaction I got from working directly with people”. She asked me if I had any questions for her. I asked her a couple things about her job as a recruiter and a couple things about employee living in Dubai. One thing I wished I would have done that I didn’t do was when I walked in to address her by name and ask how she was doing today. Something like: “Hello xxxxx, how are you doing today?” I was too nervous and didn’t think of it. =/ However, afterward I sincerely thanked her for her time that she spent. After the interview I took a logic test that everyone had to take. It was supposed to take about 45 minutes but I finished in 30. It was pretty easy.
That was my experience. Now it's time to wait for the call. I'm already refreshing my email and application page even though it is way to early. I hope this helps everyone. I have to say I’m pretty upset about the 3 month hold on some recruitment. I really hope I don’t get that email. I felt generally really good about my interview. So just remember to be prepared with everything, smile and relax! Good luck!

EkAdelaide
22nd Sep 2010, 09:43
Elizabeth00, what an excellent post. Thank you for sharing your experience in such great detail, it goes to show why you made it so far.

Fingers crossed for you. The feeling I get is you will make it. Keep us informed :)

d4real
22nd Sep 2010, 10:34
Hello everyone, I am just as sad as I can be, I´ve just woke up this morning and received the evil mail....after made it through the FI 4 weeks ago they sent me the "it is with considerable regret that I have to advise you that your application was unsuccessful on this occasion".:sad:

I don´t even want to ask me why because if I do I know I´m gonna just go on and on thinking of what in earth just happened....it´s really dissapointing when you gave your best, spent in an airplane ticket, thinking of your dream just everyday and suddenly everything stops just like that.....and the worst is that I can only try again after one year...I thought it was 6 months....anyone familiar with this?

So congrats to all who finally made it :ok: and a big hug to all of us who didn´t .

Samantha in Sydney
22nd Sep 2010, 10:43
I am really sorry to hear this, d4real.

Just remember that even though 1 year sounds like a long time, at least you have that extra year to gain more customer service experience and do more research and pratice more interview questions. Use that time to your advantage!

Also, at least you know for sure that you were perfect up until the FI, so you have an idea of what you need to change for your next FI.

Don't be sad, it happens to a lot of applicants. Many people have not been accepted until their 3rd or 4th FI.

You will get there!

Cheer up!

Elizabeth00

I LOVED your post! My OD is on Saturday so this gave me more insight on what to expect.

Just a quick question, how do you look in your passport photo? Smiling? Because I did mine today and I am wearing makeup and red lipstick and have a big smile showing my teeth, no earrings/jewelley, wearing business shirt, hair in bun. I'm just worried that I shouldn’t have smiled because it will be attached to the formal visa documents. Aren't passport photos meant to have neutral expression? Argh!!!

Help!

purelife
22nd Sep 2010, 11:02
Hello Seja, Samantha in SYD and everyone!

First thank you firls for your nice wishes! This was my experience getting to Dubai:

My flight was: My home country - Houston, USA - Dubai. Houston - Dubai in Emirates. I have to say I loved Emirates airplane, the 14 hour flight was not that bad with their in flight enteretainment system.
The crew was so nice to us (we were 3) as we told them we were new joiners. They even took us to first class to see it and we got to socialize and ask them questions.
After that long flight I arrived to Dubai at night, we went to immigration and before immigration the Marhaba meet and greet services were there with our names waiting for the 3 of us. (exactly like the Emirates recruitment video). They took us to immigration, baggage clearance, and then a lady met us where she gave us each a folder with instructions for our first day of induction (which is tomorrow), and our apartment details. Each room has a telephone line which is GREAT. The the driver took each of us to our apartments.
I live in Al Nahda II, my apartment is veryyyyyyy pretty, BIG, just 2 bedrooms, my roommate has everything so it's great i don't have to buy things (i do need to buy a TV though). I actually LOVE IT. They have told me we are a bit far away from main road of Dubai, but with this apartment and a nice flatmate i really don't care!! :) I have a supermarked and a mall just next to me, and if I want to do downtown I will just go..for now Im making this my new home.

I wish everyone a great trip! Best of luck to all waiting your golden call! or attending OD or AD!!!! :ok:

If anybody has any questions, I will gladly answer. Bye!

d4real
22nd Sep 2010, 11:37
Thank you for your words Samantha...I know a year goes fast but I am not as young as I would like to be so I don´t know if I will get another chance......:{

I do have customer service experience, that´s actually all the experience I have, it´s been 8 years but well maybe that´s not everything either...luck? :ugh:don´t know....

I tried Etihad also and made it through the FI, that means something right? trying both and have FI on both of them....but I know deep down it will only be a second choice when my true dream was Emirates.

I´ll be around and tell you guys about Etihad´s answer....I will have it in a week or so....still I´m sad...can´t help it....:(

AmandaUC
22nd Sep 2010, 12:15
Sounds like everything went really great! It's good to hear from someone who has just arrived there....Jess553, Kirs000 and myself are leaving to Dubai very soon also - can't wait!!! I hope I get a nice apartment close to shops etc and a nice flatmate too :)

Goodluck in your training - see you in DXB soon :)

agosarg
22nd Sep 2010, 13:44
Hi Everyone! So, no Golden calls at all during this days?:rolleyes:
I dont understand why Ek is still doing OD and AD, I mean, I think it's a waist of time, isn't it??
I Had my FI in Argentina just a week ago, before I knew about this ON HOLD mails....
Hope to see you all in DBX soon :ok:

Elizabeth00
22nd Sep 2010, 14:34
Thank you for the kind words! I hope you do well! =)

They specifically ask for all passport pictures with a big smile. I'm glad you took yours with one or else they would ask you to retake them. Good luck!!

ThatRedHatGirl
22nd Sep 2010, 14:44
Again, it is NOT a requirement for professional photos, though some of the recruiters will reccommend it. It depends really on who you get on the day. If you're fine with spending lots of money on studio pictures, fine. I just hate to think of people who realy CANNOT afford it trying to get studio pictures done, when NICE LOOKING photos taken at home will do in most cases. So yes, the recruiters at your day may ask you for them, but if you really cannot afford it (and some people cannot) then do the best you can.

Purelife, glad to hear you arrived okay. It's refreshing to hear someone NOT complaining about being in Al Nadha. All I hear is "I'm in the desert, it's too far from SZR, wah wah wah"... I'm happy you appreciate a nice flat (rent free) and a good flatmate. That is really all you can ask for here. A good location is a bonus :)

Here's a tip for all you newbies who live far out. Instead of spending all your money on taxis... take a bus from your accommodation to HQ, then a bus to an accommodation on SZR... say, Milennium, 21st Century, or UP. Easy to then take a cab or Metro if you want to go to Mall of Emirates, Dubai Mall, Atlantis etc... :ok:

ReRe
22nd Sep 2010, 14:56
Hi,

DOj 1st of November?

gtbfly
22nd Sep 2010, 16:09
Well, here I am, stuck again. I'm from Argentina. I had my final interview in july this year. I received the golden call first week of september congratulating me on being successfull bla bla bla but they also told me that they were waiting confirmation from management in order to give the DOJ which could be end of December this year or January next year and about 7 days ago, I received an email saying they were still waiting for confirmation and that I'd be contacted as soon as possible.

I don't know what to think at this point, if they're gonna put me on hold (they haven't said so, that's true)...when will they let me know? plus they keep coming back to interview and hire more and more people when they can't even confirm DOJ for the ones that have already made it!

What happened last year after the recruitment freeze?

Agneese
22nd Sep 2010, 16:25
Reading your posts I really don,t know weather to go to an OD in Prague or not:confused:

tamsat
22nd Sep 2010, 16:25
Hey guys,

Well I had my AD/FI back in May and several weeks later received my GC... It was around this time that I had some doubts about my chances of passing the medicals both at home and in Dubai, as I had read conflicting posts on this board, some saying colour blindness is 100% unacceptable, others saying that they had passed the medicals with colour blindness.

What I decided to do was to tell my Recruitment Coordinator that I was aware of my colour blindness and ask if I should continue with my medicals with this in mind, considering the cost to me of the medicals etc. I was told that my colour blindness type would not be a problem and that I should continue with my medicals, which I passed without any problems.

Now I'm here in Dubai and just passed my medicals here yesterday, again no problems, in fact they didn't even test me for colour blindness. So it is only now that I truly believe that it is not a problem for EK CC to be colour blind.

I promised a while back to post the outcome of my personal experience on the board here to help any future candidates who may have similar doubts.

Best of luck to everyone reading xx

SLOT17
22nd Sep 2010, 17:54
@Tamsat,

thank you very much for sharing your experience since the beginning. I am sure It will help lots of people ;)

@purelife

thanksss a lot for sharing your arrival! it is great to see what happen after all of these stressfull days at home.

I am wondering about the "on hold" e-mail...is it just for people who does not have a DOJ? or even people with medicals already done are also receiving this e-mail. I wish the best for the people on hold: just be patient :)

My DOJ is 18 October...someone else? I have already met 2 other lovely girls... can we still receive the "on hold" e-mail, after passing all the medicals... (I don´t have hte final approval yet, just a strange e-mail of the emirates clinic that sais "she is fine to join")

THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

johnmaland
22nd Sep 2010, 19:21
Hi everyone!
I recently applied for emirates cc, and I am new in this whole flight attendant area, and really need a job. I've being doing a lot of research, and it seems that most male flight attendants are gay. Now, I don't intend to show any disrespect to anybody, in fact I have nothing against that. I just would like to know if the majority were, becuase for any straight guy it's not going so great if it were the case.
I repeat, don't feel disrespected, just understand my point of view.
Thnx

ReRe
22nd Sep 2010, 19:40
.When did you receive that e mail from clinic?I have my DOJ on 1st of November and I do not know anything about medicals,if they are ok or not...
Good luck for everyone!

SLOT17
22nd Sep 2010, 21:34
Well, I received the e-mail this Tuesday, but I have heard that final approval could take 2 weeks or even more for some people....I think it is just AGAIN a matter of time..... so best wishes for everyone waiting, and try to be patient :))

Mzjackson
22nd Sep 2010, 22:30
Yes! This was a great depiction of LA's open day :ok:

I'm sure that I was no where near perfection...but it seemed that only a few people had pictures, knew what a CV was, or even had on appropriate business attire. Anyone interested in applying needs to literally bring EVERYTHING listed (pics, CV etc.) or you will spend the morning of the FI (if you make it that far) frantically having family members back home email certificates/degrees and spend lotsa money re-shooting pics! lol (I left my hair down in the originals...make sure hair is tight and you are facing straight forward!)

P.S. No idea how to turn your resume into a CV? I didn't either...what a lifesaver!
Dubai Resume (CV) Writing Tips (http://dubaiemploymenttips.com/resume-cv/)

P.S.S. Can we take a break now? Classic :D

SalvadorS
23rd Sep 2010, 02:01
johnmaland, it is a popular job for gay men, but I don't think they purposely only select gay men. Men that have empathy for others (which some could argue is more common in a gay man than a straight man) is possibly what they look for.

Elizabeth00, stunning post. Thanks for representing the West Coast so well. I wish I could have gone to the LA OD, but I don't have any costumer service experience yet (been a student for too long but now that's changing). I wasn't surprised to learn that less than 100 people showed up after reading that only around 120 people showed up for the NYC OD. I also was not surprised to read that some people showed up looking silly and asking dumb questions. GO USA! haha. Keep us updated, I hope you get in because you definitely brought it.

Samantha in Sydney
23rd Sep 2010, 02:29
Hey guys,

I just got an email from ETIHAD after applying online about 2 days ago:

Dear Samantha

Thank you for submitting an application for a career opportunity with Etihad Airways, the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates.

Having reviewed your details, we will not be moving forward with your application at this time.

Should this position become available after a period of six months from now, you are welcome to re-apply.

If you are interested in exploring other opportunities with us, please continue to visit our careers website. We offer an email alert option which you may find useful.

Thank you again for your interest in joining Etihad Airways and we offer our very best wishes for your future.

Kind regards,

Etihad Airways recruitment team

I'm not even a little bit upset which is a surprise... hopefully it just means that I'm more suited to EMIRATES!!

Jeseleio
23rd Sep 2010, 02:52
ReRe - My DOJ also is on november 1st, i'ts really nice to know that you're going on same date as me. Where you did your FI? :)
I already received my final approval last week, but I dont think you need to worry, they always take a long time to give us answers, maybe you could submit a query on portal, it worked for me..
Good lucky, and hopefully your FA will come soon.

Someone knows how much time we have to upload the release letter? My boss is taking to long to fill my papers..grrrr..hheheeh..
I also dont know if needs to be on same format they gave us on the portal?

I would appreciate if someone could answer me..

Thanks everybody..

skyhigh12
23rd Sep 2010, 03:27
Samantha does it mean anyone from Australia can apply aswel because i didnt see anywhere stating they're recruiting Australians or coming here?Ive looked up there assessment days:

September 2010
Helsinki, Finland
Paris, France
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Brussels, Belgium
Budapest, Hungary
Bratislava, Slovakia

October 2010[/font]
Amman. Jordan
Casablanca, Morocco
Munich, Germany
Tallinn, Estonia
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Madrid, Spain
Rome, Italy

Well goodluck with Emirates! :)

Samantha in Sydney
23rd Sep 2010, 04:10
Yes I saw that on their website. I have a friend in Dubai who told me to apply anyway because they could invite me to an open day at a later date closer to Australia. It was worth a try! :)

Agneese
23rd Sep 2010, 06:32
Since Etihad is coming to Estonia,were I live I applied online in August and got the same e-mail.I really do not understand why...My aplication and pictures were ok...And I really would like to attend since it happens pretty rarely any bigger airline comes to Estonia...:rolleyes:
Is there any sceme for still attending...guess not:{

Lets hope we got a lots of Golden Calls in next days;)

tfran
23rd Sep 2010, 09:05
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone with DOJ 18th Oct has actually recieved FA?
I have been in contact with two other people who travel on the same dates who have also not recieved final approval. With only 25 days left we are starting to get a bit concerned as we have to resign from our current jobs! I have been sent a waiver but that is all so far.. We have also sent multiple requests for FA!

So just wondering if anyone has it yet? Because I can see in the thread people who leave in November have already recieved theirs..

I submitted mine about 7 weeks ago :)

Annagenevieve
23rd Sep 2010, 10:09
Hey hey!

My name is Anna and I fly to Dubai on the 1st of November for an 11th November start! I have talked to two other people who start at the same time and none of us have received replies from our medicals yet, so dont stress =D

Mari
23rd Sep 2010, 10:15
I was at the college yesterday. My trainer friends told me that 3 batches started this week. (They reduced the number of groups from 6 to 3.) No confirmed dates and numbers about the courses next year but it's no surprise: Emirates does everything in the last minute.

They WILL get back to you after a while, don't worry!

ThatRedHatGirl
23rd Sep 2010, 11:24
the MORE you email them (repeatedly) asking things like "When is my DOJ" "Why haven't I got my final approval" "Is my medical ok?", the MORE you clog up the email and slow them down. Just be patient, I was in your shoes once and I did not send a million emails, I knew when there was something to tell, they would tell me.

The only exception to this hould be if you were told wait X amount of time then contact us... send ONE email and wait. Just remember that your email is not sitting at the top of the list, there would be people who emailed before you and the RO's need to get through those emails first before they can answer yours.

It's really not that hard to see why things might take longer than you would like.

It will be ok!!!!! :D

hahamong
23rd Sep 2010, 12:26
so i'll share my little experience
i was invited to the pre-selection to the assessment day and it was on one of emirates agency and it's a school,90% who were present were from school and the woman who does the recruitment is a teacher or director in that school anyway we were called to do the reach test then to present our selves, BE AWARE of what you are talking about because you will be asked about it,one girl said that she can talk spanish so the woman told her to present her self in Spanish and she didn't even said one sentence,another one said that she wants to be a successful flight attendant so she asked her what is a successful flight attendant and she didn't know how to answer
anyway the results were out and like i predicted,the girls and boys from school all stayed and two others ones who did worst really worst than any of us who didn't made it get through so i told my friend to not leave and ask why we didn't make it and we did better
the woman told her that her hair color is not that appealing and for me she was euh ah you know what come back with me (so she didn't even have a reason to disqualify me ok maybe because i don't study in that school)
so i recommend to ask question,why you didn't get through if you did well
we did after the english test and i get through we then fulfilled some paper and we went to give it to her
she told me that there is a lot of candidates so i don't have to get my hopes up then we have to wait until Wednesday to get the results,i didn't get any answer positive or negative i called them since yesterday they talled me to wait more than to wait tomorrow morning,now it's almost 01:00 pm and still nothing
i found it a little unfaire that they just chose people from school when emirates said it's for all public

hawitas
23rd Sep 2010, 13:04
Hi,

my DOJ is same as yours, i received the approval to resign on last week as i had to give a month notice from my current employer. I have also uploaded the resignation confirmation and awaiting their approval.

Looking forward to meeting you in DXB :)

frannies
23rd Sep 2010, 13:39
am almost a rookie here.
super nervous about the day well in fact no one has gotten the invitation to the application yet! any good advices for the interviews? I've managed to apply for KLM before and did my first interview and failed :(
i wonder what i have to improve for the future....:rolleyes:

florbrillito
23rd Sep 2010, 15:25
yey now we are 5 with another girl from argentina, like me :cool:
so hawitas it seems like you are the only one of us with FA :ok:
are you as excited as I am?? cant wait!!

purelife
23rd Sep 2010, 18:57
Hello AmandaUC, RedHatGirl, Slot17!

Thank you for your words!!! And you are most welcome! it's nice to know what happens when we arrive ;) Too Amanda and Slot the best of luck coming to DXB!!!! So excited for you too!

RedhatGirl: I know what you mean!!! The thing is, people just write this horror stories about Al Nahda, Al Quasis, being to far away in the desert bla bla bla.... but nobody says how nice the apartments are! And well Im very happy! so Im not going to ask for a change in accomodation :D If I want to go party or to downtown I will go, If not I can stay here and relax... besides there are buildings full of cabin crew and also a lot new ones like me! So we are not alone!
Besides after a while of flying I imagine what we will want to do is go home and rest! Not party all the time... well at least that's what I think.
Thanks for your help!! :ok:

AmandaUC:

I just saw your post about the baggage. It's 2 checked luggage of 50kg (be sure to print something that says this...I didn't and when I arrived, I had to fly with another airline to Houston and they charged me overweight because for them it was 23kg per baggage!
Anyway, you can take your 7kg hand baggage. GOOD LUCK!!!!! :D

AmandaUC
24th Sep 2010, 02:27
Hello purelife!

Thank you so much for your answer, I figured that would be the case but thought I'd ask just in case ;)

Reading your posts makes me even more excited to get to Dubai! 17 days to go for me now! :):):)

Thank you for your well wishes and have fun in training!!! :ok::D

bellabella
24th Sep 2010, 07:32
Hey...

Just wondering if anyone who had their FI in early September has had their status changed to 'approval in progress'?

MLiz
24th Sep 2010, 08:25
Hello everyone!

I've been reading the forum since March and I have applied for the AD in Romania. Unfortunately I was't successful for the pre-screening interview with the recruitment agency appointed by Emirates. I have also registered on-line for the AD 2 weeks ago but no invitation yet (the AD is on the 30th October). Now I have a question: could it be possible to receive an invitation directly from Emirates without going through the pre-screening? I also intend to go to an OD in Greece on the 9th of October if I won't hear from Emirates until then.
I would appreciate some opinions.
And last but not least congradulations to everyone who got to FI, or a GC or FA! Thanks a lot to all of you for all the information and good luck to all of you!

agosarg
24th Sep 2010, 12:33
Hi everyone! BEllabella I had my Fi in September, and my status is still under review, i suppose we have to wait some more days, but I also know people who received their GC without having their status changed.
SO, we justhave to wait :)
Good luck to everyone who are waiting for their GC!:ok:

ReRe
24th Sep 2010, 12:43
Hi,

I think you should go in other country than Romania for interview.
Good luck!

MLiz
24th Sep 2010, 13:50
Thanks for your reply, I forgot to tell you that there were 6000 applicants for the prescreening and they only took 200. I will go to the OD then, sinse it is better when they can see one in person. Good luck with your Final approval!

Mikejr
24th Sep 2010, 15:02
florbrillito Congrats It must be hard for you noticed English is not your Native language.

Mzjackson Thank you for Tips.

As for me, I have not gotten a Final Interview with them since '08. Back then I was fully hoped. Now When I go to an Assessment Day, impressively more like '' Some things are worth more than a box of cereal ''. I have gone 5th Open days and 4 Assessment Days on Files. I have no plans.

Agneese
24th Sep 2010, 18:39
Hey! I wanted to ask someone who knows...I understand that there are 1 annual free(turnaround) ticket for both spouse and a kid and also they will have unlimited ID tickets...BUT When will we have a right for them? After training,after 6months,after 1 year? And if so-is there any possibility to get cheaper tickets after the training?
And when starts the right to accommodate my husband and a kid(annual 60days),is it after the training or 6mnths?

I would be so happy if anyone could reply:ok:

Any GC-s lately?

Best!:O

NAVELO
24th Sep 2010, 19:38
Agneese,
I know of at least one person that got the GC this past week. So they are still calling.

isabel66
24th Sep 2010, 19:48
helllo
i got through the prescreening and i got the invitation to the AD i'm so happy but i'm not confident cause people who gonna attend with me had already reached to final interview and have experience and i don"t know what's gonna happen there
are we gonna present ourselves first? or pass an exam
i really want to make it cause as we all want to work for EK
i want to know what are the mistakes i don't have to make and what will they ask me about

thank you very much

want_TObeCC
25th Sep 2010, 01:11
please do not loose hope!
I have been in your situation... applied many times since 2007
and finally this year made it to FI. Currently, I'm about to load all my medical forms ...
hopefully I 'm fit enough according to EK standards to start up my dream job. :)

ThatRedHatGirl
25th Sep 2010, 07:22
No benefits (staff tickets etc) until you pass probation (6 months from DOJ but could be more if you mess up but don't get fired)

If your flatmate/s (and building/EK security) gives permission they can come visit, I wouldn't reccommend it during the training unless they are gonna stay in a hotel or somewhere else, gets to stressful. Of course if they come to visit you will have to pay the full tickets unless they visit after 6 months from DOJ

PASIMOTO
25th Sep 2010, 14:05
[Text speak]

isabel66
26th Sep 2010, 17:24
helllo
i'm here again =)
so i went to the AD,we did the reach test,and we presented the person next to us
i remember i did better than other but i wasn't that perfect either
we did a group discussion,about the color we want to put instead of the flag
i didn't lead nor i still quite so i talked when it's time and i even chose a color with the group and guess what i did fail in this step
i 'm really confused cause i don't know what they wanted,the girl next to me didn't say a word and literary didn't understand the question and another one was aggressive trying to talk all the time got through
even when i said i failed,people with me were surprised
can someone tell me what could went wrong at this time
thank you very much

zal
26th Sep 2010, 17:41
Hi guys,

Have been reading this forum for a couple of days now amd really think it´s great to get some much needed info before jumping into it all.

After reading that people received emails saying that they are on hold for 3 months, I wonder if they are still hiring people? I can´t find any OD or AD on the website after october :uhoh:

And that they are looking for people with specific languages. Does anybody know which languages they are looking for at the moment?
I speak fluent dutch, german and english and very good spanish. I have worked in italy for a while so know some of that and also french.
My age is not an advantage I have realised reading through the forum, but I look 25 maximum. :O Although I would never lie about my age. No need.

Reading through various other forums with customer comments the economy class cabin crew is not highly valued with customers at the moment. One persons opinion is not the others ofcourse, but it does make me wonder why they prefer young cabin crew that haven´t had that much of experience working with people , I know 1 person can´t be compared with another, and what it is that they select on?? I am sure they would want to change the opinion of the most valuable people to them, the customer.

Last question: Does it make you less desirable as an employee if you are married? I have alsways worked abroad and am not the person that gets homesick and my husband believes it´s my chance to do what I really want and have studied for. I know I won´t be able to see him a lot in the flesh, but there is always email and it will make the times that we do see each other even better ;). I wouldn´t apply for the job if I wasn´t going for it 200 %, and not just for 6 months.

I will be looking forward to any responces.

PAFTA
26th Sep 2010, 19:01
hi everyone:)
just wonder,have you any idea or experince about :confused: AD tunisia or beirut?

tina1308
26th Sep 2010, 21:29
Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone! My friend went to Bratislava OD in August, he was waiting about 4 weeks, and than got the e-mail to wait for 3months.
Thinking about go to OD Munich next month, but what's the point:confused:
Anyone planing to go there maybe? Kisses

lola81
27th Sep 2010, 07:34
i know i haven't written in a while ...those of you would remember me from back in may !
so i've been in dubai now for about four months and i know when i was in the recruitment phase i had so many questions. so if you have questions about life here for a new comer , please feel free to ask. also if there is anyone having problems downloading the medical forms i would be willing to assist.

this forum has helped me so much i would would like to give back where i could. see you all in DXB soon i hope :). it would be good to know that alot of us kept in touch and even became friends, match mates from this forum once we got here.
be good

Himmelmat
27th Sep 2010, 08:01
HELLO ALLERSEITS...:-)
i just received an email from EK.;asking to print a tatoo form, to read it and to sign it....
Somebody already received that?:):) what does that mean? successful answer..?

AmandaUC
27th Sep 2010, 08:16
Hi lola81!

It's great to hear from people who have just arrived there (well your case 4 months :))

Just want to ask you how you thought your training was...did you think it was hard? Or did you find it reasonably "easy" if you studied enough beforehand etc? I'm studying BIG TIME for it but of course I assume you can't learn everything from the workbook and some internet facts hence why they have training! haha

How long did it take for you to set up internet? What did you have to do for this.... I read it can take 2 months sometimes until you can have internet but just want to hear your experiences or your flatmate is sharing the internet/bill with you etc :)

I leave in 2 weeks time with a few others on here - CANNOT WAIT! So excited!!! ;)

Thank you in advance, hope to meet you one day! :ok:

miruna22
27th Sep 2010, 08:27
Hello MLiz,

I am scheduled on 4th of October for the final pre-screen interview. If I pass this, on 30th of October is the FI.
I am very nervous because it was a 3 stages pre-screen, and now it all depends on Romanian interviewers.
I was reading all the posts about Emirates, and i didn't saw nothing about past AD in Romania.
Q: is it ok to wear only a white shirt (3/4 sleeve), skirt and everything else?

I wanna ask someone who is in my situation: has bangs and has made it to the FI at Emirates.
They accept FA with bangs? I mean full straight bangs. The pictures are made with my hair like this. Is is a problem? In 2 weeks is my interview :(

Thanks!

Seja
28th Sep 2010, 08:00
Hey Lola, very nice to hear from people who already made it to Dubai!! Congrats to you! I'll be following you in a couple of weeks! Pipita and me were wondering concerning the appartements, are there washing machines in each appartement? How about other things? Do we have to buy everything ourselves? Thanks a lot!!! Seja

MLiz
28th Sep 2010, 09:32
Hello,
Anyone going to the OD in Greece on the 9th of October? I would appreciate if someone could tell me how many people usually attend ODs in Greece. Thanks in advance! Have a nice day everyone!

Mari
28th Sep 2010, 12:47
Washing and drying machines are there.

Dishwasher: you need to be lucky to get one! Well, you might still get a hole in the kitchen, though... (Seriously.)

No micro, no iron, no vacuum cleaner.

Take 500-1000 euro with you just in case. You need to survive the first 4 months with the small salaries.

My (ex)flatmate just downloaded 37 movies in Toronto. Well, you might want to own a good, small notebook with big memory. I invested in a good printer/scanner/copy machine. SHARE THE RESOURCES with your flatmate(s)!

Make sure that you know who owns what. It's very important!!!!!! Make sure that one buys a tv, one buys a dvd player, one buys a vacuum cleaner and an iron!

Oh, once again: you can have ALL the blocked sites with witopia. It's arournd 40 dollars a year...

After surviving the first 4 months you will be fine: you will make 1400-1800 euro per month plus meal allowances (3-500 euros). No rent to pay, no utulities to pay. It's considered a great salary in Europe, I guess.

(I have NO idea what seniors make in Europe. Here: 10-15,000 dhs salary plus meal allowances of 1-3000 dhs plus single apartement.)

Agneese
28th Sep 2010, 13:13
Hey! I am still wondering weather to book plane tickets to Prague(OD on 23 oct),since EK is slowing down...Wonder if it is a very serious slow-down...Guess they.re still hiring...aagh do,nt know:hmm:

Good luck!:)

Mari
28th Sep 2010, 13:51
Well, it's up to you. Good luck!

zal
28th Sep 2010, 15:10
Hi Mari,

You seem to be the person in the know regarding this job so could you please share your thoughts.

I posted something the other day, I am 32, married, but speak languages and have plenty of experience in hospitality and customer service. I have studied tourism on several levels, I worked abroad several years, I still am actually and just wonder if I still have a chance seeing my age. I never considered myself old, I surely don't look 32 ;)

What is your honest opinion and experience in with the people you work with?
Thank you for your help.

ViaMarconi
28th Sep 2010, 21:30
I just finished my FI yesterday..about 90 pple attended open day here in Milan Italy but only 8 of us made it to the final interview.We had 2 pple that were over 30..So dont worry about your age go for it..everything is POSSIBLE THROUGH GOD..

want_TObeCC
29th Sep 2010, 01:33
hello boys and girls ! :)
just want to report myself ... finally loaded all my medicals after running behind my doctors for a week
now, swimming on the waiting pool again

cheers!

Sori84
29th Sep 2010, 09:30
Hey there, I think we went to the same OD in September, I was talking to you right before your interview!

Well I just wanted to let you know that I got my GC today, in the morning my online status changed and this afternoon one of the recruiters called to let me know. I've tried posting on this forum the last couple of weeks but for some bizarre reason couldn't get through? Anyways, my DOJ is 22 November, as long as I pass medicals. Here's hoping!

I really hope you get a call soon!!

Himmelmat
29th Sep 2010, 10:27
[Text speak]

jcl19
29th Sep 2010, 13:58
Hi!

Bellabella and to everyone else who interviewed in the beginning of September and is waiting to hear from Emirates, one of the girls I was with for my FI in the first week of September got her GC yesterday morning and was given a DOJ of November 15th. Hopefully we will all hear from them soon.

Best of luck to everyone! :)

russiangirl
29th Sep 2010, 14:16
Hello, everyone!

Just wanted to share my experience of the assessment days in Russia as I've never seen anyone here from my country posting anything about their experiences. And I decided to give back as I have been reading the forum for a long time to get myself ready and to know what to expect. I wanted to get to the Emirates for quite a long time now, and I decided to try my luck with them and registered with the Emirates career website. I got an invitation to a pre-selection day to be held in Moscow on 26-30th of September. As I'm not from Moscow, I spent quite a fortune to come to the city, accommodate myself and so on.

Around 150 people came for the preselection, some were definitely coming to a wrong place.....Age, appearance, outfit, many mistakes that eventually contributed to them not passing the initial selection stage. So, one lady from the agency and 2 ladies from the Emirates greeted us and took our cvs. Then one by one we were invited to go inside to have a 5 minute talk with them in a separate room, while others were shown different videos on the Emirates and cabin crew and Dubai. Those who they thought were suitable, were then sent to another room to write an essay, 10 minutes. After that we were told that if we don't get a call today, it means we can come tomorrow to another place for an actual assessment process. As I didn't get a call, I was very happy, went to bed early to wake up fresh and rested.

The next day about 80 people showed up. We were told to come at 8.30 sharp which we did, but everything started only one and a half hour later...We went to a large room where we were shown those videos for a millionth time, then the Emirates ladies (both from Serbia) started telling people about Dubai and lifestyle, asking questions and so on...To be honest this was the part that made me tired the most because I knew everything about Dubai, cabin crew working there and the airline itself..But this session lasted until almost 12, and sometimes I felt that ladies were talking to us as if we were little children..kind of irritating...Then we were split into 2 groups, had to ask person sitting to the left how he/she would spend 1 million dollars. I knew straight away who would leave after this stage.....As the lady told us not to make an eye contact with her when telling about out neighbor's plans, that was exactly what 90% of my group did. Moreover, most of people messed up and gathered info about person on the right, and were talking to a recruiter only....Some were talking very nervously with lots of fidgeting. I was calm, talked looking at everyone from group and made sure that I was smiling. All this time the lady was observing and making notes. Later, we were asked to discuss 3 negative sides of dubai, while the other group had to discuss 3 good sides of Dubai. One by one we went to do the reach test, and I was asked what my current job was. When we were discussing, it was quite a mess..everyone wanted to show that he speaks loud, he knows better, lot of uncaring and non-listening..all those people were eliminated. I got through. Out of 40 only 10 people remained.

Then we waited for another group to do the same and then had the English test. It was easy for me, but people on both my sides sitting near me were struggling. I can't say it's an easy test for those who know only the basics of the language. And we also wrote an essay. Our topic was-3 things I like about myself and 3 things I want to change. I was successful this time as well.

Then there was a 2nd group discussion. By this time only 21 people were left, and we were split into 3 groups. Mine was 2nd. We waited for the 1st one, and out of 7 only 1 was eliminated, which surprised me as all those people were nothing what I would imagine the Emirates were looking for, judging by their adverts and promotions((((Then my group went inside and we had to come up with a plot of a movie, actors, music and so on. Again, remembering what read here, I chose to stay calm, quiet, attentive, no interruptions, nodding, and adding just some words.Obviously at this stage that was a mistake.............I got eliminated, and only 3 people from my group were left...all of them were talking a lot, one was very vulgar looking, and rudely interrupted me once, but it did NOT count in the recruiters' books. I was quite upset to be honest.:sad:Another girl who went through this stage was standing alone all day, never talked to anyone, said she didn't like Dubai, and the money for the job considered very small, she also barely smiled the whole day...So, for me it' s a mystery what exactly they need and look for. But I can definitely say that recruiters make mistakes quite often, as I was surprised at their choice most of the time when I saw which girls got through all the way. And there was one guy who made it to the FI, and although he looked the part and I can say he would make a great flight attendant, he was quite short.

So, that was my experience))Sorry for writing this much, but I tried not to forget anything. And now I'm just healing my wounds, as I wanted to work there very much.I was well-groomed, dressed appropriately, smiled and was everything a flight attendant should be.

Any way good luck everyone. But be prepared to face a reality. They do not need someone beautiful or smart and intelligent...All of this is just crap..They need something else

Ella2000
29th Sep 2010, 21:15
Thank you Russiangirl for great info.
Sorry to hear you didn't make it. Whatever they are looking for, they are not able to see it in us. Keep trying.

Agneese

how I mentioned above, there are many better places to go instead of Prague. I expect a lot people this time. Since SkyEurope is no longer with us R.I.P. and WizzAir is slowing down and Ryanair leaves Prague and Czech Airlines are about to fire another 200-300 FAs, we have many FAs available here and willing to join some real airline.
If I were you, I would pick some better OD (less attendance). But how Mari said it is up to you.

Ella

PAFTA
29th Sep 2010, 21:42
hi,although l tried hard it ,ı didn't find the exact respond:l concern about AD:
let's suppose that;l won't go my interview in spite of their invitation,is this a big problem for future od or ad?must l wait 6 months for next one?is there a chance to withdraw my application or exchange other place?
thanks lol...

Katesophia
30th Sep 2010, 03:03
[Text speak]

Sasah
30th Sep 2010, 08:08
Hello:)

Can anyone tell me if in the Obaidulla Building has a gym and pool?
I did search and find some informations but can't find if there's a gym and pool.

Sella
30th Sep 2010, 08:13
Hello there!

I am also joining Emirates on the same date as you.
Looking forward to!

Sella

HiflierEK
30th Sep 2010, 09:55
Obaidulla definately has a gym and pool, probably more than one as there are 6 obaidulla building all next to eachother, only problem is its a long way to the centre of Dubai for the nightlife and malls etc...

YELLYBABY
30th Sep 2010, 10:57
Thanks HiflierEK!
Sasah and myself are going to stay there, recieved our accomodation info today.So a bit curious about the place.

Sasah
30th Sep 2010, 12:07
Thank you so much HiflierEK!!

It might be a little far from city but I'm satisfyed with my accommodation :O

EkAdelaide
30th Sep 2010, 12:23
Open Days for November are out!

No signs of recruitment slowing down.

It's a bit weird considering the on-hold emails being sent out.

Anyway I'm happy they're still hiring. Great news for plenty.

YELLYBABY
30th Sep 2010, 12:43
I don't care how far it is, it's FREE.

Seja
30th Sep 2010, 12:49
Hellohello, just saw an add in our daily newspaper, Emirates is obviously also doing another recruitment run in Switzerland!

Lisa22
30th Sep 2010, 12:58
Hello everyone. I've been reading you for a moment and I have a question. I'm french so please excuse my english (and my president ^^) I am in the medical section of the pre employment, and I have some blood test that need translation. They are in french and a lot of the medical terms look the same (hémoglobine=hemoglobin, things like that), do you think I need to translate the pages? And for the tests that really need it, can I do it myself? For example if I add the translation on the official pages. Thank you for your answer, and sorry if the question already have been asked.

SLOT17
30th Sep 2010, 13:25
Hello Lisa,

I don´t think it is necessary to translate the blood results. What I did was sent the boold results (in spanish in my case), and then write a report in english with your hemoglobine levels, the VIH and hepatitis results, and then asked my doctor to signed this report.

I already have my final approval so they accepted like this :)

Jeseleio
30th Sep 2010, 13:49
Hey Everyone,

I received my final approval two weeks ago, and after then Im looking toward have my resignation letter from my currenty job, but since I work with a big company they does not offer many kind of letters and forms-translating - they dont want give me the resignation letter on the form I need for Emirates. Now Im really worried beacuse I sent to Emirated the only letter I have so far, and they answered with other words that the letter was not correct(ans it was stated all the relevant informations, it was signed by the manager and everything), :mad: now Im waiting untill the last day of my notice period to see If I will receive another good letter to send, but this will happen just one week and half before my DOJ.

QUESTION: somebody knows if they dont give us the ticket and visa if we dont give them the resignation letter as they want? This can became a big problem for me? and what kind of letter they really need??

Pleaseee, would be great if somebody could help me on this..:confused:

miyako
30th Sep 2010, 17:42
Guys!
Trying to login to my account but i'm just locked out and a dsplayed message says
YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY YOUR RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR AT THE EARLIEST !!!
does it mean that i might get a golden call soon or there is still a possibility to get a rejection e-mail??

guys please help as i'm so excited, confused:oh: and don't know what's going on!!

missB
30th Sep 2010, 22:52
Congratulations!!! That was soooo quick to get your GC!

I can't believe November open days are up and they're coming to brisbane again, the first OD I went to was in Feb this year and they didn't come back until July, now they've just been in September and are coming back in November. I didn't get to September so may try again for November...I just can't ever seem to make it past the initial screening. Serious study time of these threads, perfecting my CV & photographs...maybe next time I will be able to get through!

Biotech
1st Oct 2010, 04:50
I would say that's a yes for you!!

As far as i know, the guys who got their GC and myself happened to have that Red sign, and a few days, or week later we got our GC.

So Congratulations in advance!:}

anouk
1st Oct 2010, 09:50
Hello, everybody. First I want to thank you all for sharing all that useful information. It helped me a lot. I am from Ukraine and I had my FI on Sep 21st. On Sep 27th I got my status changed from applied to under review. The question is how long did you wait for status to change for under approval (or approval in progress)? It is only 10 days since my FI but I am getting very very nervous :uhoh:, and I want to get GC so much!!!
Congrats to everybody who got thair GCs and FAs!!! I hope I will meet you all in Dubai soon))):O

miyako
1st Oct 2010, 12:08
Thank you dear!
i'm so excited and can not really believe that i would receive this GC, as i've been waiting for 03 months since i had my FI

purelife
1st Oct 2010, 15:10
Jeseleio:

First congrats on getting accepted. Im sorry the problem you are having with the company you work for. Here is the thing: NO emirates will NOT GIVE YOU the ticket or visa or accomodation, OR anything if they don't have the resignation letter. They need to be SURE you will be joining the company without any problems.
So I would suggest you speak with your manager and tell them the situation, tell them to PLEASE HELP YOU. (Why don't they want to do it as Emirates says? It's very easy, just one parragraph and signed.) I don't understand why your company is not helping you with this, I can see you are from Brazil, there has to be someone that speaks english, right? Anyway... I would do that, tell them to please help you, that Emirates need the letter to say that. Best of luck. ;)

Miyako:

Congrats, it means you will get your Golden Call soon. (Don't worry if it takes a few weeks, mine took almost 2 weeks after that message appeared). If you were to get a rejection letter your status does not change to a recruiter... Good luck! :ok:

Zal

Hey there, Do not worry about your age and marital status. There are 4 people in my batch that are married, and there are 3 that are in their early 30's.
Good luck!
:ok:

miyako
1st Oct 2010, 22:12
I can not really wait even few hours!!! so excited and happy!
but just wondering, what is the next step after this GC!
do they tell about the joining date when they call or they send an e-mail

Julidzg
2nd Oct 2010, 05:23
Hey guys!!, i just wanted to say thanks, cause after reading this whole thread, i went to the Open Day in Bogota Colombia on September 18th and i was invited to the Assestment Day, which was held on September 25th, and i passed all the rounds of elimination, presented the Final Interview on September 28th, and now im waiting for the Golden Call, lets hope for the best!!!.

purelife
2nd Oct 2010, 05:26
Miyako:

When they call you, they will tell you your DOJ and ask you if its ok with you, if its not ok, TELL THEM IN THIS MOMENT, because if not it will be to complicated to change it.
It is a quick call, so if you have ANY questions, ask her!!!! Do not be shy, ask anything you need to know!

Next steps:
-They will update your portal
- Accept contract
- Complete Medicals
- Receive Advise to Resign
- Upload resignation of current employer
- Wait for accomodation, visa and e ticket.
- Say good bye, and off you go!!!

See you in DXB, best of luck. :D

miyako
2nd Oct 2010, 08:08
Thank you for the feed back!
i'm waiting for the call!
how long this procedures would take to be finalized?

purelife
2nd Oct 2010, 08:33
Miyako:

Depends. Mostly in your DOJ. and of course how long it takes you to complete your medicals, HR has to approve your advise to resing...have your resignation letter etc...

Mari
2nd Oct 2010, 14:00
Miyako,

you will get details when you get the phone call and receive your e-mails with the instructions.

If your Date of Joining is in October, you need to hurry up with the medicals and other stuff. If your Date of Joining is in January, you will have plenty of time to organize everything, no need to panic. You will receive your contract, visa, e-ticket after your medicals got approved. (Might take 3 days, might take 4 weeks.)

If you get the 3-month-holding pool e-mail, you need to wait for further instructions.

It depends on your luck.

gallery
2nd Oct 2010, 14:20
Hi everyone,i have just been at the careers website ,and guess what???...............AD's in Entebbe and Nairobi in November am so happy for that,just hoping they call me this time around.

miyako
2nd Oct 2010, 14:30
Purelife & Mari thank you so much for the valued info
yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo

I've just received my GOLDEN CALL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
still don't believe it :)
DOJ is january 24th and i get the portal updated on monday
I will not sleep for the next few days:ok:

Alltheravens
2nd Oct 2010, 20:09
Hello everyone. I wanted to ask a question to those of you lucky boys and girls who have recently travelled to Dubai: are medical tests preformed again once we are there? When does this happen? What kind of tests should we expect? I couldn't not get all of my vaccines so I know that I will have to pay for those, but is there anything else I should budged for just in case?
After we start flying, how often are we to get routine tests?

And Mari (hi!), you have often commented on how things at Emirates are not as good as they once were, I was wondering if you could share you opinnion about that. What aspects are you refering to?

Good luck to all of you travelling this month (my DOJ is October 25th by the way).

DaniNani
2nd Oct 2010, 23:26
Hello everybody!

I just want to let you know...

I had my FI 26 of June, and I did not get anything, I mean, my profile is in approval for almost two months now!!
One of the guys who did the FI with me received the GC last monday...
So, I still waiting!
:sad:

So, if you are waiting for a few weeks, just keep waiting!

Sori84
3rd Oct 2010, 09:54
Hi all,

Congratulations to those who have received their golden calls lately and thank you to everyone that takes the time to post on here, there is a lot of useful information!

I have just received the link to my medical forms today but I can't seem to open them :ugh:(I have tried Mozilla and Internet Explorer as browsers). Just wondering if there is a trick to opening them? I need to get started on booking appointments as soon as possible so any help would be much appreciated!

Seja
3rd Oct 2010, 10:39
Hey EKAdelaide, When I was in Zurich there were approximately 50-60 people showing up. It was an open day but when the recruiters saw the small amount of applicants they decided to turn it into an AD. I think Zurich is a good place to go, not many candidates, always a lot of these girls that have "really no idea". Some didn't even know the company is based in Dubai... haha... Some showed up in skirts shorter as a belt and crazy coloured make up etc.. Some couldn't speak english at all etc... the other 50% of the girls were ok, nicely groomed, well-informed. Well, the AD took one day, pretty full on... and the next day was reserved for FI's. If you need more information, PM me at any time!

Sori84, sorry can't help you because I have no acces anymore the the medical forms, but maybe somebody who also just go the GC is also starting with medicals, they can scan it and e-mail the forms to you!? Good Luck!

purelife
3rd Oct 2010, 14:24
Alltheravens:

Hey girl, congrats on getting accepted. Yeah, they do preform the medicals again... basicaly: blood test, urnie test, chest x ray, eye test, height and weight, pressure, a doctor examines you (breathing, heart etc) and they check what vaccines you had at home and the ones missing they will give them to you there. This happens in the first week of induction (first few days before starting training) You have to pass the medicals, if for some reason you don't then you will be sent back home. :ugh:
Good luck!

TO ALL: A tip

Hey be sure to download skype in your computer BEFORE coming to Dubai, it's blocked here!!!! :rolleyes: Best of luck.

sourib
3rd Oct 2010, 20:51
Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences in this fantastic forum.:D
I am new here its my first post and i have some questions without any answer:ugh:.
First i passed my FI last Sep 2 nd in Mnt Canada and i tried multiple times to send some photos via email to EK with PDF format as they mentien but all time my email was rejected !!!!can some one advise me if there are any limit for the volume of mail or if i can send it to other email...
My second Q , I want to know how i can check my satatus?:confused: despite i didnt apply through the web site of EK I just give it all docs and pictures by hand to the recruiters.
Appreciates yours help:)

Don Pablo
4th Oct 2010, 11:38
Hi all. EK are coming back to Nairobi in November, so excited. So I wanted to ask, anyone willing to give info on the neccesary factors to consider when applying for an invitation to the AD? Like what the application letter should entail, quality and nature of photographs. Also do they need prior work expirience in any sector before applying for the AD as I don't have any prior work expirience. In essence what are the 'must do' steps to consider when applying for the AD? I've applied for the AD twice before and didn't get an invite and I really want to get one this time and hopefully embark on my cabin career. Please assist. Thanks

..Ann..
4th Oct 2010, 14:18
Hi everyone!!! I just want to share with you that I received my golden call yesterday, my doj is 29th november! time is running now!!!!! I still can`t believe it.
Please let me know who has that doj too...

See you soon!!!!! :O

TriniEK
4th Oct 2010, 15:34
Hey all,

I'm new here but I have been following the thread for some time now.
Very helpful information provided.

Is any one out there attending the OD in Port of Spain, Trinidad on 27 November? It would be nice to meet another pprune member.

Good Luck to all attending ODs and ADs soon.:ok:

ThatRedHatGirl
4th Oct 2010, 15:59
Don, try reading the prior posts on this forum. Plenty has been written about everything you want to know. Many times!

Alltheravens
4th Oct 2010, 17:42
Thank you for answering Purelife! I still have 3 weeks to go and I'm biting my nails, Oct 25th seems so far away and yet so close.

Biotech
4th Oct 2010, 19:00
Hey hey ann. Congrats!!!!

I will send you in a PM my email. I have the same DOJ as yours, or so they told me cause they changed mine from 22nd to 29th of NOV. Will see what happens...

Agneese
4th Oct 2010, 19:13
Ok,as I understand Prague is not The best place to go to an OD.But which city would you recommend the most in late october-november? Conscidering I am from Estonia(dont want the trip to be too expensive and long).

Thanks for your suggestions;)

Congrats to all who has gotten good news lately!:ok:

miyako
4th Oct 2010, 22:10
Congrates!
i got my GC also on friday but she said that my DOJ is JAN 24th and she said not possible before that!!
have you received your medicals? she told me on i should receive it by monday but they didn't send it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Himmelmat
4th Oct 2010, 22:25
hey allerseits....
i got a problem with medicals form.;i cannot download it...(under firefox or SAFARi)...when i try to click on it, nothing happens....:s nevertheless, the other links work...:s:*

is there anyone with a DOJ on January the 17th?

Samantha in Sydney
4th Oct 2010, 23:25
Hi lovelies,

Here is something I found on YouTube. I found it very helpful as I get VERY nervous during interviews so this is good practice, pity it is so short though!

YouTube - Cabin Crew Interview Demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZxkTPDarHM)

Only 4 days until Sydney Open Day! So excited!

Good luck to all!

missB
5th Oct 2010, 03:02
Good luck! Just remember to smile, and be yourself! Let us know how you go =)

tfran
5th Oct 2010, 07:16
Hi there!!

Only 13 days left until I head to Dubai!!
I am wondering what kind of clothing to bring? obviously it must be decent, but is it acceptable to wear dresses of knee length with stockings? or is it better to wear maxi dresses instead? also with the pants can they be tight or do most people wear loose baggy pants? I will definitely need to get rid of half my wardrobe!!
How far into the training are we provided with uniforms?

Thanking you!

anouk
5th Oct 2010, 09:04
Hey, Ann, congrats!
I got my GC yesturday and my DOJ is on November 22nd. Did you get your medicals yet? I am so excited))))
And question to everybody: Does anybody know how long it usually takes to reseive medical approval?

Thank you in advance)

..Ann..
5th Oct 2010, 13:33
Thank you! and congrats to you too!!!! :D:D:D
I didn`t received my medicals... so we have to wait ... and try to be patient ! I know it is sooo difficult as we have lots of thing to do... I will let you know as soon as I receive something....
see you soon in dubai!!!!!

agosarg
5th Oct 2010, 15:12
Hi Ann. !!I Am from Argentina too, I just want to know when did you have your FI? I had it on 13th of september, and today my status changed to approval in progress, Hope to be a good signal :)
How long have you had this status before you received your GC?
thanks
and congrats!! hope to see you in DBX soon !!!:O

ThatRedHatGirl
5th Oct 2010, 15:27
It's up to you what you want to wear in Dubai (within reason of course)

If you're going clubbing, lots of girls wear heels and a short (mini) skirt. But you'll ger stared at. Some girls don't mind it, others do.

You will see plenty of variety. Long dress, short dress, shorts, jeans, baggy tracksuit pants, gym gear- all sorts.

Of course it depends on where you are going. Visiting the mosque- cover up. Going to the mall- dress decently (nothing too revealing, you can be asked to leave by security)

I suggest bringing some cardigans/wraps. (it gets cold in the malls anyway)

Bring some conservative clothes and some "party" clothes. Figure out in the first few weeks what YOU are comfortable with (while respecting the local culture). Remember, you can bring all the short clothes you want and wear them out on layovers!

As for training. Do bring black trousers, and some black flat (closed) shoes for the training. Uniforms aren't given until week 5 of training (After GMT and you wear them for Service)

If you wouldn't wear it at home, don't bother bringing it. Not the time for "I might wear it in Dubai"... if you didn't, you won't. Don't waste the space! And you'll shop a lot once your salary starts coming! :p

Google my name I put some answers in a blog

miyako
5th Oct 2010, 19:53
Although i have a plenty of time as my DOJ is Jan 24th, i can't wait untill i get my medicals and other details!!!
they said i receive them on monday, but so far didn't receive any!!!!

I have a question!
i have a scar in my elbow, about 3 cm ,would it be a problem??!
also do they allow short hair ( almost shaved ) ??

cathann1988
5th Oct 2010, 22:19
Hi everyone,

I've been waiting for the GC for a month now. A few people in the same FI group have received a call last week, while some people have received rejection e-mails. For those of us in-between, do they call randomly between the 4-6 week period? Do you know what they base their calls on?

I know several people who received positive feedback at interviews, indicated that they made it and haven't heard yet, still with the status "application under review". Do they call without a status change?

The process is tough!

..Ann..
6th Oct 2010, 02:52
hi!! I will tell you how my whole proccess was:
22/8 AD in Montevideo
23/8 FI
25/8 Status: Under Review
31/8 Status: Approval in Proccess
20/9 Status: You will be contacted...
3/10 Golden Calllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's very exciting to see how it turned out. I know you are thinking on it all day but try to focus on another things so that time goes faster.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif
I hope this helps all who are waiting for an answer... Feel free to ask what you need.
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif Good Luck!

Samantha in Sydney
6th Oct 2010, 06:08
If anyone is interested in a list of interview questions please contact me by private message. I have a Word document with 135 questions you can use to prepare for FI.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS FOR ME TO SEND QUESTIONS!

Julidzg
6th Oct 2010, 06:40
When is your DOJ???

..Ann..
6th Oct 2010, 13:04
My doj is 29th of Nov....

miyako
6th Oct 2010, 14:30
Hello everybody!
just received an email from EK today concerning my portal update! but lots of details in there!!
what shall i do there exactly!!
just medicals? or shall i do something else?
appreciate help.

gallery
6th Oct 2010, 14:41
Hi everyone am in abit of a situation here,am trying really hard to get an invite to the ADs in Uganda and Nairobi and i want to scrap away any doubt that may be in my head as to why i was not invited previously.

1.Am thinking i was not invited due to the fact the in the photographs on my online photos,i have a beard ,its small really but it still remains abeard.may it be a reason???

2.Am thinking being exactly 21years old my also be letting me down as its their minimum age.What do you think???

3.am also of the view that may be my experience is not that satiisfactory ,me being an usher at a theater,but i do have the 2years experience.what doy ou think??

Am open to any suggestions.thanks

..Ann..
6th Oct 2010, 15:25
You need to read the whole page carefully. At first I was very confused too. Start by reading your contract and there you have the things you need to do and its order.

Good Luck!!!:ok::ok:

miyako
6th Oct 2010, 16:37
Hi guys!
i can't download my medical forms!! i tried explorer, firefox, and chrome!!
do you have any idea how can i do that?
or can somebody send them to me?
appreciate that!

anouk
6th Oct 2010, 17:53
Hey miyako, I can't download my medicals too. Did you complete all the steps which go before medicals? I have only 2 weeks to go through medicals :uhoh: So scared!!!!

irina1987
6th Oct 2010, 18:20
hi samantha, i tried sending you a private message but i couldn't:

Samantha in Sydney has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

please post those questions here on the forum, i think everybody is interested.
pretty please.

i'm from romania, i had the pre-selection with the agency, right now i'm waiting for them to call me so that i can go to the final interview with emirates on the 30th of october :}

i was wondering, if in romania my doctor notices that my scoliosis is let's say 27* and when I redo the x-ray in dubai, it will show 32*, whta's gonna happen to me? :sad::sad::sad:

i have no back pain whatsoever, i do exercise, i never wore a brace for it and no doctor ever suggest me getting surgery. right now, i don't know the degrees of the curve in my spine, but i've googled cobb's angle and my spine seems to have a moderate curve.. not a really serious one.

angel14
6th Oct 2010, 20:54
Hi I also got same message as irina 1987, I have sent an email not sure if you will get it though? I also would like copy of your questions and thanks for helping us all with a bit more info. :)

Samantha in Sydney
6th Oct 2010, 21:49
I'm so sorry everyone, I had no idea that I can't receive private messages! I have changed my user settings so it should be working now.

The only reason I didn't want to post the questions here is because it's SO LONG! It's over 3 pages!

I have received emails from some of you and I will send you the questions shortly.

2 days to go!!!

Sam

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS FOR ME TO SEND QUESTIONS!

funkygurl
6th Oct 2010, 23:39
[Text speak]

funkygurl
6th Oct 2010, 23:48
[Text speak]

ThatRedHatGirl
6th Oct 2010, 23:48
I was wondering why it seems there are some crew around who don't seem to want to do anything for themselves, I see it's the same here.

There's a really great way to find out what kind of questions you might get at the FI- READ!!!! So many people have written about their FI here (and within the last 5-10 pages, not "all the way back" in the thread)

Or, you can use Google. Imagine!! Put "behavioural interview questions" or "airline interview questions" into Google and write down/print the questions. Then sit down and think of answers as they apply to YOU... not what someone here says.

Honestly you will need to learnt to do things for yourself much harder than finding out interview questions if you're going to live in Dubai.

Call me "mean" if you want but don't disrespect the people who have taken the time to write their experiences here by ignoring them.

want_TObeCC
7th Oct 2010, 02:00
hello boys and girls !

hope everybody is doing great :ok:
I would like to share with you the timeframe during my process
AD - Aug. 14
FI - Aug. 17
GC - Set. 11
final approval Oct. 6
DOJ - Nov.8
anyone joining Nov. 8 as well ? please let me know :)

one thing I want to say out loud
DO NOT GIVE UP !
I have been trying to join Emirates since 2007.. three years after, honestly I was not going to go to that "glorious" open day last July
lucky me I did and now I'm here ...

ThatRedHatGirl: I read trough your blog ! great work... thanks for helping us with your valuable thoughs

Biotech
7th Oct 2010, 04:13
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MPOCBEKT)

Medical Form.

I hope this one works for you. Or PM me with your emails and i will send all the things that you can download from the emirates group page.

Good luck guys!!! I guess i will be joining with some of you my expected DOJ is 22nd or 29 of NOV.

AmandaUC
7th Oct 2010, 07:04
Hi anyone heard of Sounbulah Building, Karama? If so, what's it like?

Thanks for your help!!! :ok:

irina1987
7th Oct 2010, 08:14
ThatRedHatGirl

Why do you assume that we don't do anything for ourselves? I, for example, have already got over 50pages in word documents about the interviews, with all the information i could get from google, pprune and cabincrew, plus a ton of bookmarks saved.

but yeah... it's easier to assume the worst about somebody.
congratulations for emirates and i hope to see you in dubai :O

Seja
7th Oct 2010, 09:51
Hi Amanda, google it, you will find the location. My friend who is already flying lives in this Building, they have an amazing pool on the roof, very, very nice, I have seen a picture already :-)

AmandaUC
7th Oct 2010, 10:19
Seja thank you very much! Yes I googled it but couldn't find much (as in pictures) from it, but it seems to be very close to the airport :):):)

I found a few pictures and yes the pool looks AMAZING!!! So happy! :ok:

ThatRedHatGirl
7th Oct 2010, 11:05
If you've done the research as you say, then I can't imagine why you'd need to ask all over again. I just see it over and over. If you went off and looked for yourself, good on you. The FI questions are STANDARD INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.

Anyone looking for them on Google can find them. Honestly it's better to only have a general idea rather than knowing exactly what the questions will be, otherwise you risk coming off over-rehearsed (or worse, fake). Sure way to fail the FI.

The key is, knowing YOUR experience and examples you can give about customers. One of the biggest mistakes my mother (who works in HR and does masses of interviews for all sorts of jobs) says she sees is people fumbling around because she didn't ask the questions they expected. It might happen that way in the FI, and the ONLY way to pass it is to KNOW YOURSELF. The actual questions are of secondary importance. I believe this is where a lot of people fail; they get TOO focussed on details. Yes, some detail is good, but too much can jsut kill any spontainety or "spark" that you might otherwise give and which would be attractive to an interviewer.

irina1987
7th Oct 2010, 11:43
Thanks for the piece of advice,

Actually I'm a perfectionist and sometimes I do get all wrapped up in details :p but it makes me feel more confident if I have a general idea on what to expect. For example, I did take a look on Samantha's questions and indeed, I already had almost 80% of them saved and figured out in my PC.

funkygurl
7th Oct 2010, 12:04
[Text speak]

miyako
7th Oct 2010, 14:32
Just wanna tell you to be patient and don't worry as long as you didn't receive the rejection email!!
i've been waiting for 03 months before i get my golden call!!
i know how it feels, but you have to wait.

irina1987
7th Oct 2010, 16:31
I'm gonna have a thoracic x-ray next week so I can know if it's best to quit from now ...
I'm so low about the whole scoliosis thing, I think mine is over 30*, this also means i'm not suitable neither for EK, neither to attend the Qatar OD in my country on the 23th.

I will apply also for Royal Jordanian and maybe Etihad next year. I dont' know about their scoliosis requirements.
So, what left to do is to prepare myself for the final interview with WizzAir and hope for the best... :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

AmandaUC
8th Oct 2010, 01:48
Hi Seja!

I forgot to ask, did your friend say by any chance how many people live in the Sounbulah Building and how many bathrooms? 2-3 people/apartment and each has own bathroom or share etc...

If not totally fine, I'm just curious! haha ;)

Not long to go for you now!!! :ok:

Seja
8th Oct 2010, 05:41
Nope, I have NO idea, and she is so busy I assume I will have an answer when you're already there hahaha... She just said the appartements are really nice, own bathroom, but not if she's sharing with one or two mates!

Coco05
8th Oct 2010, 06:08
Hey Everyone

Thank you all for your input. It's great to see the convo in here. Can someone tell me if the status "approval in progess" a good thing. I am kinda antsy. Thanks!

SalvadorS
8th Oct 2010, 08:09
Coco,
did you go to the LA OD on Sept. 17?

Emirates Cabin Crew
8th Oct 2010, 11:23
hi every body
wish you all luck with the GC
but actually i want to know if any body can help me how to track my status from approval in progress online,,

agosarg
8th Oct 2010, 13:48
Hi everybody! My status changed to approval in progress last tuesday, I just want to know if that is a good sign or not, I mean, can I still receive the rejection mail??
I am so nervous, I want to stop thinking But is Imposible!
thanks to all :)

Emirates Cabin Crew
8th Oct 2010, 15:29
[Text speak]

Biotech
8th Oct 2010, 17:33
Gallery there are so many questions to answer that maybe some of us do
no have the time to reply them.

Besides i find your questions of common sense. First shave yourself. A
fresh and clean look is always a better look. About your exp, who knows,
i got to know people from differents backgrounds, lawyers, students,
people that work at customs, optical tecnicians, myself a biotechnology
student. Go figure.
Maybe you are to young, it is possible. But some people got hired at 21
with no experience. Try with the clean and shaved look and do not lose hope.:ok:

Agosarg
Have faith, and wait. Having approval in progress is a good sign. Someone is reading it at least i guess. But there is not a time table that you can follow with Emirates, they may take 2 more weeks to change your status to You will be contated soon by..... Or i could happen tomorrow. Also be aware that some people got their rejections mails with this status. I do not want to crash your dreams but be prepared for the worst. I have faith in you, and faith is what kept me going knowing that i would get my GC.
"the will of god will never lead you where the will of god cannot protect you"
:}

Julidzg
8th Oct 2010, 18:10
It has benn just a bit more than a week after my FI, and anotehr guy that was also in the recruitment process with me got his status changed on the Emirates career page to "You Will be Contacted...", but its strange cause its only been a little more than a week. My application hasnt changed, it even still says "Applied". What could this mean, so soon and his status changed???

TriniEK
8th Oct 2010, 19:38
I have some questions.
In the requirements section of the website, no mention was made about dental. Could a CC hopeful apply while wearing braces?
They also said minimum age is 21. Is there a maximum age.

Someone please help.
:{

Julidzg
8th Oct 2010, 21:08
[Text speak]

Montreal76
8th Oct 2010, 23:14
Tons of people flying with braces ... and I'm cabin crew for Emirates :)

deon85
8th Oct 2010, 23:20
[Text speak]

Julidzg
9th Oct 2010, 05:55
My friend from the FI recieved his GC a few moments ago. We cant believe, it has been barely over a week. Toooo fast. And my profile still says "Applied". I wasnt stressed cause i knew it took from 6 to 8 weeks, but now i am :confused:

777w
9th Oct 2010, 06:38
Sonbulah building is bang in center of the city ! Consider yourself very lucky and even luckier if you get a 2 bedroom apartment. Everything is about 10-12 mins from this building. I know this i live here!

Coco05
9th Oct 2010, 08:06
OD and assessment day on Torrance,Sept 18. Were you there?

anouk
9th Oct 2010, 08:54
Biotech, thanks a lot. I already started working on my medicals)). I still cant understand why i cant open the documents myself.
And now I need to remove smth I uploaded by mistake and I cant do it too. It must be smth wrong either with my computer either with my portal page. I have no idea what to do. Did anyone have removal problem before?
Btw my training starts on December 2nd. Anyone else?

NN2010
9th Oct 2010, 09:24
Does anyone know something about this building, it is my new accommodation, I hope it is not really far from everything, I tried googling it, but not much to see!!!:confused:

Congrats to everyone who recieved golden call :ok::ok::ok::ok:

Thanks

isabel66
9th Oct 2010, 15:43
hello
i create my profil and put my CV but i put the wrong one,and now when i want to update my profil it's just don't work :( i really have to correct to resume
should i delete my profil and how can i do it?
THANK YOU A LOT

SalvadorS
9th Oct 2010, 17:29
no I wasn't, but I definitely do plan on going to the next time they come to the west coast. Someone else posted their experience about the LA OD/AD/FI though (http://www.pprune.org/5949136-post1827.html). It sounded like it wasn't that competitive. What do you think?

Coco05
9th Oct 2010, 18:59
SalvadorS

Yeah,she was on the same group as me and what she shared is exactly what we did during the AD and the final interview. It wasn't so you should definitely go for it :) And now you know as well what to prepare and expect!

SalvadorS
9th Oct 2010, 19:40
I find it hard to believe that some people got hired with no experience. I expect that most of the questions at the final interview will be similar to "how have you gone out of your way for a customer", customer orientated questions. How did the people with no experience answer those questions or even get hired if they can't answer them?

Biotech
9th Oct 2010, 21:12
Salvador.

Customers are people. Your teachers, and relatives are people too.
Instead of past experience with customers, questions were made about have
you ever had a confrontation with a member of your family??? has someone
elder than you, a teacher or a family member gave you and advice?? How
did you react to such advice? If someone approaches you with this kind of
problem, what will you do?
How would you tell someone that he is not allowed to smoke in a bathroom?
What will you do if hi persist with his/her attitude?
Tell me about your most difficult moment in your life?
SalvadorS i hope i have just answered you.
By the way, the are not all questions about work experience, some people
also got some IQ test, picture tests. Draw yourself under the rain test.
or whatever they feel like submitting to that guy test. You may have 5
years of experience in hosting people, a bachelor,a PHD and still suck at
aiding or serving people. You could have never work before, but maybe you
did some charity work, played in a sport team such as rugby, football,
volley, basquet, and gained all the teamwork knowledge you will ever
need.
:ouch:
:ugh:

Julidzg

The question about the STATUS CHANGE.

:confused:Many people did it? Many of us answered it. If you take some time to read back you will find many many different answers. Some of them will make you feel at peace. Some can cause the completely opposite effect.
STATUS CHANGE! DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING!
THERE ARE ONLY TWO RELIABLE STATUS. REJECTED AND YOU WILL BE CONTACTED. (even tough some people that i know where put on hold with the you will be contacted status change).
A girl from my AD also got her call 8 days after her FI. Why? if i have to guess is because she had all her paperwork complete and did and amazing job, so there was nothing to think about hiring her. In my case i missed some paperwork wich i emailed them a few days after. And 15 days after my FI, i got the YOU WILL BE CONTACTED status change. Then 5 days later my GC.

Having approval in progress in a short period of time being a good thing? Perhaps yes, that means someone is reading your FI and took her/his time to upload something at your portal.
Having under review. Applied, could mean nothing at all. Or that you are not even considered. But who actually knows it? You can read from this forum from people having approval in progress and got rejected. From under review and got their GC. Approval in progress for 3 complete months like MIyako and got their GC.
The truth is we all guess. We guess and we create our owns statistics about it. Look from the 80% guys who got their status change in the first week 60 per cent got their GC, and some didnt.(THAT statistic IS FALSE BUT SOMEONE COULD MAKE IT) I find myself a positive person. So i am always going to answer you in a positive way. I will let you know the risks of course. There is only one thing i can say, and i say it a lot. Have faith, be cool and do not stress yourself about it. Just 8 days passed. You have to wait for 7 more weeks.

Be positive and relax Juli!!!!! You posted 3 times the same thing. :ugh:

Everything will work just fine. If not you can try as many times you want.:ok:

If you search way back you will find many answers about this subject. Perhaps someone explained it in a clearer way, i could be mistaken too you know. So search for what pleases you and lets you find that moment of peace.
:p

Julidzg
9th Oct 2010, 22:27
Thank you a lot for your answer. I have read the entire Thread but i've never read about someone getting their Golden Call in less than two weeks, maybe status change, but not the actual Golden Call. But you are right and i tend to see the positive side too, so i dont care to wait, it has been only a bit more than a week and the regular time is from six to eight weeks, and as long as i dont receive a negative answer, there are always chances.

I have asked other people from the FI, and no one else has gotten the Golden Call, just one person has a status change to "Aprobal in Progress"and the rest it still shows "Applied" (which i think doesnt mean anything, the application is still in the sistem and it hasnt been reviewed by anyone on the EK headquarters). Well that's just the people i still kep in touch with.

Anyway, my hopes are still intact, there's just that annoying question that appeared in my mind after my friend got his Golden Call When is gonna happen?, Why not me???" and that makes me log to the emirates page several times a day and freak out everytime my cellphone rings. But im mostly positive and in wait mode again.

Thanks again, and i hope to see some of you guys in Dubai!!!

Abbi240
9th Oct 2010, 23:18
Hi everyone,
I am starting to get all of my things organised to move to Dubai =)
I am having trouble locating my school certificates. Will this be a problem? I have found my Certificate III in Tourism. Will that be enough?
I don't want to get to Dubai and they send me home because of this, but I can't find them anywhere.

Daphnelmh
10th Oct 2010, 02:53
:ok:hi everyone

i want to share my situation here.
i had my FI on 28th May at osaka , after 2 months waiting i received on hold mail on July 27 .
yesterday i received my GC . I m so so so happy now .
So for those who recieved on hold mail or waiting candidates .
Don;t give up be positive. The day will come

Btw my status still application under review even i received the calls.
Good luck

I_Love_EK
10th Oct 2010, 07:12
Hi guys

I would like to share my experience at the Zurich OD on October 9. We had two lovely recruiters, Andrea from Pakistan and Mira from Bulgaria. I was surprised at the turn out. I would say less than 30 people attended! Some people came from other countries like France, Germany, Egypt, Australia, and Romania. A few were already cabin crew (and I must say they were groomed the best) and some non-cabin crew. I was surprised at what some people were wearing – jeans, dresses, shoes for going out. We were asked to fill out the usual forms – how we heard about Emirates and if we’ve attended an OD/FI before. Then they invited us inside where they did the usual presentation. Andrea did most of the talking and I must say Mira sometimes looked like she didn’t want to be there. There was the Q&A time and some people didn’t even know it based in Dubai. Others didn’t know it would go until the evening. Those people left and by the end of it, there were only 21 people left! This must be a record for the fewest people ever to attend an OD. Andrea explained that due to the low numbers, they would turn the OD into a Screening Day.

They registered our CV’s and gave us numbers. Then they divided us into two groups: numbers 1-10 and numbers 11-21. I was in the second group. They set up two circles of chairs and asked us to sit down in numerical order. We had to find out information about the person to our right – their name, where they’re from, and 3 interesting things about them which aren’t on their CV. During this time, we did the reach test. I must say the RO’s weren’t really paying attention to our discussion at this stage. I think it was more of an ice breaker and so we wouldn’t get bored while they did the reach test. Many candidates didn’t understand the task (due to language barrier) so I had to explain it to at least 4 people. Then it was time to present one by one. I kept mine short but sweet – “Hi guys, the colleague to my right is XXXX and three interesting things about him are XXXX”. I only looked at the group, not at the RO. By this stage, Mira was observing carefully and jotting down notes. Some people spoke too long while one person didn’t even do the task and blamed it on the person to their right not telling them anything! Needless to say, this person didn’t make it.

Next discussion was to agree on five benefits of living in Dubai. The other group discussed the challenges/disadvantages of living in Dubai. This was difficult because this forum always says not to be too loud or talk too much, but in my group, hardly anyone was talking so I felt I had no choice but to guide the group a little. There was one guy who kept suggesting more ideas even though we already had 8 and we were trying to narrow it down to 5. So frustrating but of course I kept my smile on! :} In the end, we agreed on tax-free income, shopping, it’s a multicultural city, the people are hospitable, and there are plenty of activities to do. We had to choose two people from our group to present to the other group. Interestingly, out of the four people who presented, only one girl made it through.

Then we went outside while we waited for our fate. I was feeling pretty confident at this point. I felt like I followed all the advice given on this forum. I even had two lovely ladies say I would get in for sure and I would be well suited to Emirates. Bless them! They were so sweet. But obviously it’s not what they think but what the RO’s think. We went back inside and they gave their thank you’s and the usual “It’s nothing personal if you don’t make it, we have rules to follow, and we are just doing our job.” They said they can’t give ANY feedback and they could lose their job if they gave feedback. They invited us to come back in six months if we were unsuccessful. I opened my letter and it read “Unfortunately....” :{ I was (and still am) heartbroken :{ Not too sure where I went wrong, I think possibly speaking too much in the group discussion – even though I was always friendly and never disagreed. Even though I meant well, maybe they thought I was being too much the center of attention. Such is life and I will live and learn.

I’ve been to an OD in France before and there were over 100 people and I got to FI stage. Now I didn’t even pass the first round with only 21 people there! You just never know with Emirates. One girl who said I would for sure make it thought I was joking when I said I didn’t make it. I had to show her my letter for her to believe me and she was like “No that must be wrong, go back inside, I don’t believe!” LOL bless her, she was so sweet and charming. She made it through and I’m very happy for her. I think around 10 people made it through to the next round: a lot of the choices made sense to me while there were 1 or 2 which I didn’t see happening. I sincerely wished all of them good luck.

Back to the drawing board now. I’ll be back in six months and hopefully it will be third time lucky. I'm trying to keep my head up high even though it is very difficult at this moment. But what doesn't kill me will make me stronger :)

michaelflynn61
10th Oct 2010, 11:16
Hi guys,

Just a quick question. I am planning on attending the OD in Dublin next weekend and am just wondering IF I was to be lucky enough to make it through to the AD and FI what paperwork will we need. I would just like to be as prepared as possible.

I know that there is lots of information on here and I have been a long time reader of the forum and have read all of the threads here but am still a little unsure so if anyone can clarify then I would really really appreciate it.

I know for the OD you need your CV, Passport photo and full length photo and then if lucky enough to get to the FI you need casual photos, education certificates, references, anything else??

Thanks a million guys and good luck to all of those attending ADs/ODs, waiting and preparing to head over to Dubai!

miyako
10th Oct 2010, 13:51
Guys i have an urgent question and i need prompt reply!
concerning the vaccinations in my medicals, i didn't take any within the last 10 years. i took some of them but long time ago!!
shall i go to hospital to take them all again? or shall i just tell EK and they do it onjoining as they mentioned?

appreciate your feed back!!