PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VII

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

lola81
17th May 2010, 05:42
i just got an email saying i have been chosen to fly the A380!!!:{ they are not saying its optional like was said here in the forum . mari didn't you say it was optional. please run this by us again. i need some advise here. is it that they are just stating it this way so i will go along without question or do i have a choice here?

someone tell me something:{

Little_Red_Hat
17th May 2010, 06:02
Lola I recall being told it was not optional... however if you start on A380 you only need to do 12 months and then can apply for main fleet. If you start main fleet and then go to A380 you have to do 2 years before you may go back. So maybe it's better this way. This is what they said at AD in March.

Had you already received your DOJ when they sent you the email?

lola81
17th May 2010, 06:13
yes my DOJ is 24th May. i only just got the email about A380. i didn't know about the 12 months things. that don't sound so bad. but why do they need to separate the crew to do this. all i know is that the A380 only fly to 5 destinations and starting two more soon. i wanted to see the world! :)

Little_Red_Hat
17th May 2010, 07:13
Lola you will see the world! Maybe not all at first but eventually. Think of it, you have been chosen for A380, they must see something special in you, as it is the flagship of the airline!

Go there, learn all you can then if you're not happy apply to transfer to main fleet. I have heard it is a bit of an easier introduction, especially if you haven't flown before despite the long flights you only do one turnaround flights whereas on main fleet there are lots. Try to see the good side :)

Sophie13
17th May 2010, 07:25
Hey everyone

Just found out this morning that myself and a couple of the others joining Emirates on the 24th of May have been selected for the A380 carrier.

As we are just starting we dont know that much about it, only that it doesnt fly to out home towns. Im a bit upset by this but I know its an amazin opportunity.

Any feed bak or inforation would be great from anyone who knows anything about new starts joining the A380

Sophie x

saha
17th May 2010, 08:58
Anyone applied for the Ghana assessment day on 22 and 23 may 2010. Please lets hook up.

thanks

saha
17th May 2010, 09:02
[Text speak]

Mari
17th May 2010, 11:16
No, I have never said it was optional.

I always said: you don't have a choice!!!!!!!!!!!!! You do whatever they want you to do. They need new people on the A380 as 7 new A380s are arriving this year. They will NOT let you change the fleet.

(It will be very hard to change the fleet even later on. It's not worth it for them to train you on another type. We will see how it goes...)

blueskys23
17th May 2010, 11:55
Hi,

First of all congratulations to all of you who have received your gc's :D

I have just gone for my final interview and to be honest the few days before those were the most nerve racking days of my life, I dont think i know what to do with myself for the next 4-6 weeks ha ha

Does anybody have an idea of what the actual approval rate might be because judging by this it seems that everybody that goes for a Fl pretty much makes it through!!!! :):):)

lola81
17th May 2010, 11:55
thanks Mari.

i've decided ( not that i had a choice) to make the best of it.

is makes sense that it would be hard to move to main flight. i just hope that the new destinations for A380 come on soon.

Mari from the people you know on the A380 -
is the training different ( shorter)
do they start you on long flights right away as there is only one turn around
do they house this crew separately
is promotions at the same rate
are the hours keep around 80 hours a month on average
is it something good to be chosen or not
:)

thanks for all your help

blueskys23

this forum has really been a blessing so it may seem as though everyone that goes to FI here gets the golden phone call! there is no rate of approval really it is just up to the individual. in their interview :ok:

blueskys23
17th May 2010, 12:13
I'm guessing you've got your golden call, that's great. I'm just abit nervous because I did hesitate on one of the questions ad then the recruiter looked at me as if to say is that all you have to say but then again they say that there can never be a perfect interview can there

soooo nervous, I really want this:):):)

paul_ve
17th May 2010, 14:51
Anyone else having DOJ July, 5th?

I'm almost done with my medicals.. just missing my blood test results that i'll pick up tomorrow :ok:

Torontofly
17th May 2010, 18:05
Before you all get the golden call , some of you mentioned that you could not log in to check your application status

Could you please share what the error message read?
Since I am getting an error message as I am trying to log in from 15 minutes:S:ouch:

kontesa
17th May 2010, 18:15
Hi guys

Im just wondering if the annual leave destination can be any city with an airport in it or it has to be a capital of your country?
I have mailed Emirates about that but they not answering :ugh:

Thanks for answers!!!!!!

danieleb10
17th May 2010, 18:19
Hey Lola, I have just been reading through your post and would like to share something with you. My DOJ is June 7th and I wrote Emirates an email requesting to be part of the A380 crew. The reasons are: I have friends in A380 and friends in main fleet.

The ones in A380 are extremely happy, you get less "quantity" of destinations but you get more "quality" of time. You go to the same places a lot, and you since your flights are longer, then when you are in Dubai you have more days off in which you can fly on your own. Also since you do not do so many turn arounds you get more allowances. So there is many positive aspects of it. You get the fly with many of your friends as in the main fleet you barely see each other. Of course there are some disavantages, but it goes both ways. I want to start with A380 because I have been in love with the planes since ever saw them, but also I think there are pretty good benefits. My friends in A380 are always going to Thailand, UK, Canada, Paris, and other destinations... pretty cool places...

wish you all the best, and hope this makes you feel better... I hope they give me A380, :)

orchid553
17th May 2010, 18:41
:):):) I can not log in either. It might be just a problem with the site.

Maki1985
17th May 2010, 20:11
Hey, Paul_Ve , I have the same DOJ. I have just received my golden call today so I haven't started doing the medicals yet. Is there any other way for downloading the required medical forms because I cannot access my account, either. Or can somebody send the forms to me on private? Thanks
Can't wait for July to come

StewardMan
17th May 2010, 20:34
Hi,
just to let you know that i have received email today as well saying that I will be flying on A380 - My wish come true!
I have been flying in past three and half years on A320 short-houl flights for European airline and had enough of up to 5 flights per day, so i was really looking forward to get opportunity to fly on A380 and to do only long-range flights!
Can you please tell us MARI specifications regarding A380 crew compared with Rest of the fleet crew,
My DOJ is 31st of may.
Thanks a lot

louise OZ
17th May 2010, 22:42
I've submitted all my medicals, but notice that my security is still in progress, does anyone know why and when do I go to the next step of resigning.

my DOJ is 14th June is anyone else joining then.

NN2010
17th May 2010, 23:27
Hi everyone,
have a question. Is anyone attending open days in Split (Croatia) on 13 june???

KalinaJanik
18th May 2010, 01:32
Hello!

Is anyone on here that was at the FI in Montreal on April 25th? Has anyone heard anything yet?

Or anyone from Toronto from April 18th?

Thanks!

Marie2009
18th May 2010, 01:51
Hi, everyone!

At the moment I am completing the joiner's form on the portal. While filling in the dependants, there is a category OTHERS, where you have the option to put a friend, cousin, niece, aunt and uncle. Probably this category exist in order to get some tickets discount for the persons you put there. (correct me if I am wrong). My question is: do only the persons, you state in this joiner's form get discount, or there is a option to add some other friend/cousin that you want after you join the company?
To make it more understandable, let's say I have 5 best friends, and I put on joiner's form only 3 of them. Can I get the discount also for the other 2 friends later?

And, by the way, how much discount get our friends?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Sophie13
18th May 2010, 04:19
A380 sounds amazing guys. Thanks for all your advice, lola and I were slightly apprehensive when we first recived the email but have recognised all the benefits now. I am very very happy :)

thanks again :ok:

louise OZ
18th May 2010, 05:05
whate day is your DOJ, mine is 14th June and where are you from?

louise OZ
18th May 2010, 05:13
can somebody tell me how long it takes to complete the security from in progress to complete

thanks in advance

Mari
18th May 2010, 06:49
Some people already answered, here is my answer, too:

- is the training different ( shorter)
Not shorter but easier, you will see. The other group has to study SEP much harder.
- do they start you on long flights right away as there is only one turn around
Yes. Money is much better than on the main fleet. Allowances: 2000-3500 dhs extra per month. It depends how much you fly.
- do they house this crew separately
No.
- is promotions at the same rate
Should be quicker.
- are the hours keep around 80 hours a month on average
For G2s: yes. Should be 70-90 hours. Lots of off days, as far as I know.
- is it something good to be chosen or not
It's not worth to think about it. The aircraft has many problems all the time. Galleys are small. The crew is amazing: very good athmosphere! Pursers and SFSs are great: almost all of them are supportive, hard-working people. It's a very good team. I doubt you would go to the Main Fleet after this experience. Destinations are good but most of the cases you will stay in airport hotels. You will have lots of SYD-AKL flights, long and very tiring: it's horrible. Unfortunately, more night flights (beside Soul) are coming this year...

Good luck!

RayhanBD
18th May 2010, 13:49
Today I tryed to login my account but showing this message "You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest". As every body say this is a good sing. I am waithing for the call. :ok::ok::ok:

AD in Dhaka: 10 April
FI : 12 April
A/C Blocked: 18April
GC : ??????

spontaneous
18th May 2010, 19:20
Hey PPruners,

I will be flying to Dubai on 25th May. Is there anybody else going through Athens to DXB that day?

Good luck and as soon as I start the training I shall share my experiences with you:):ok:

No. 29
18th May 2010, 21:47
Im joining on June 14th

Fiji
19th May 2010, 04:56
Hi All

I've sent all the my documents through.
Got a call on Monday asking me to fill out the Emirates Image and Uniform Standards form.
And I also tried logging into my account but it says " you will be contacted by your recruitment coordinator at your earliest"

What now??

:ugh:

twnty46
19th May 2010, 05:17
I had FI on Mar. 22 and it's been 8 weeks already.
I talked to EK twice (one was in today) and both answers were "company management is still holding the file." My online status is "approval in progress" for 6 weeks now... Any idea what's going on? I'm getting sick of waiting the golden call!!! :(

lola81
19th May 2010, 06:03
ok, so i have gotten my e- ticket and visa and accommodation information. almost finished packing as well.

anyone know when do they re-do the medicals in dubai. is it before or after induction?

thanks to everyone who have helped during this process and i hope i have helped some of you too.

i wish everyone all the best!

see you in dubai!

Sophie13
19th May 2010, 07:32
Does anybody know any information about the Al Fattan Building in Al Quasais II, I cant find much!!

HiflierEK
19th May 2010, 07:47
Hello everybody,

I recieved my Golden Call just 2 weeks after final interview, can't believe how quick it was and I'm still in shock ! Really excited and nervous too :-)

EKwanabe
19th May 2010, 07:58
hey, I think that message "the recruiter will contact you..." means you will receive the golden call very soon(next few days more likely according to this forum), so ready to pop the champagine.

A question to you... Me and two of friends I had the final interview at the same city got the same email(Image and Uniform thing) on Monday afternoon(Monday morning Dubai time)by email.

Did you say you got the call or got the email? Can you tell me what day your status changed? After you sent the reply or before? In my case, my onlinie thing got screwed up(I had a different email address registered with EK career website and that one stopped working and I can't create a new one with the email address I submitted at final strangily. Therefore, I can't check the on line status...)

I am curious if that Image and Uniform is the final step right after getting higher managements' approval decision and right before the coordinater sending golden call.

I called the HR office on Sunday actually to ask about my status and they said my application is still under higher managements' review and the next day(on Monday) me and my two other friends got the email about the form we need to sign and email back.

Anyway, keep us posted about your golden call and early congrats!

Fiji
19th May 2010, 08:57
[Text speak]

Torontofly
19th May 2010, 09:31
I am so upset and I dont understand where what happened

I really did have a great interview:confused:

I dont know what went wrong where:{

I just received this e-mail.. I was unsuccessful and had my interview with Final Emirates in Dubai on 9th May

Further to your recent interview for the post of Cabin Crew with our organization, it is with considerable regret that I have to advise you that your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.

Should you still be interested in pursuing your interest with Emirates Airline, you can re-apply after a period of one year.

We would nevertheless like to thank you for attending the interview programme, and wish you every success with your future endeavours.

Yours sincerely,

Cabin Crew Recruitment

This is a system generated message, please do not reply.

RayhanBD
19th May 2010, 11:14
[Text speak]

kracza
19th May 2010, 11:26
Hi Sophie...hope this gonna help a bit:)
Al Fattan Building dubai - Szukaj w Google (http://www.google.pl/images?hl=pl&client=firefox-a&hs=Nc2&rls=org.mozilla:pl:official&q=Al+Fattan+Building+dubai&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=L8rzS7fDFZiX_Qbrur2bDQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5&ved=0CEEQsAQwBA)

Ekhopeful
19th May 2010, 11:59
In DXB.... All i can say is Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow is going to be a gruelling day.

ekfingerscrossed
19th May 2010, 12:12
Hi Sophie

I believe the Al Fattan crew building is at the corner of Damascus Rd and 5th St in Al Qusais 2, on Google Maps there seems to be a Metro Station nearby, though it is on the Green Line which is not ready yet.

RayhanBD
19th May 2010, 13:46
Today at 12:30pm I recieved Golden call:ok::ok::ok:, after 5 week 1 day. The lady told me i will get a email. But there is no email. How long it take to get the email for candidate portal link? My date of join 5th july.

tina31
19th May 2010, 15:05
Anyone with the DOJ on 21st of June?:8

HiflierEK
19th May 2010, 17:36
Hi Guys,

So i got the golden call, but does this actually mean we have the job once all medicals are completed or does it mean we are just going to the next stage and they can still say no even if theres no problem with medicals ?

Fiji
20th May 2010, 03:53
hi

Has anyone got the call but not received the email to do medical?
I got the call last night.
But I'm waiting for an email so I know what all to get done..
How long does it take till they send us that email??

For us to start getting out medical done...

RayhanBD

yeah same here..

i got the call last night too..
and waiting on that email..
i asked a friend whos already done medicals she said it took 2 days after the call till she received that email..
I guess getting started with your medical would help speed up the process ..
OR what do you think??

I'm suppose to fly out on the 5th of July too..

WOW..

RayhanBD
20th May 2010, 07:54
Congratulation!!!! It nice to know about your date of join. Hope to meet you soon in Dubai:rolleyes::rolleyes: . If you recieve the email please sent me medical form. I think it will take time to get the candidate portal link emai

lola81
20th May 2010, 12:27
i see there are alot of people having problems with medicals forms. if you have gotten the golden phone call and don't have your medical forms you can pm me your email address and i'll email the forms to you.
good luck:ok:

EKwanabe
20th May 2010, 16:55
Finally, after almost 6 weeks, I got the "magic" golden call. It's funny I was with my friend right before playing the bingo game at a bar to relax and ease my mind and I got the call(showing no number on my cell but saying "private number" and that was my golden call). Anyway, my doj is July 5 as well as many folks who got the call last few days here.

Oh, by the way, I had the final interview in Sydney, Australia in April 12, 2010.

I am so glad and thankful I got the call. I will write more soon :) I am just happy now, maybe too happy :D

MzCookie
20th May 2010, 17:06
Congratulations EKwanabe!

I was in that same group that had their final interviews on the week of May 12 in Sydney, unfortunately I didn't do well in my FI and got an "unsuccessful" email about 3 weeks ago (although it was weird, they sent the email to my old email address which I had originally applied online with but not to the one I used on my resume and in all the forms prior to the FI even though they said to CLEARLY write our email addresses on there as they will be using this information. I also asked the recruiter on the 1st day about our online application and she said that they don't really bother with that? Im confused lol).

Do you mind PM'ing me your name? I'm sure we will remember each other :)

katty
20th May 2010, 22:28
I was invited to an Assesment day in March 2010, and unfortunatley I wasn't successful :( I'm aware I cant reapply until another 6 months. But I'm really interested in going to an EK Open Day in June. Do you think its worth going? or should I just be patient and wait until another 6 months to reapply!?

louise OZ
21st May 2010, 00:18
My security and Medicals status is complete.

can anybody tell me how long I have to wait for the next step which is resigning.

I am nervously waiting.

thanks in advance

ivancwtay
21st May 2010, 02:53
Dear Katty,

I would advise you not to go until you fulfill the 6months "waiting period".

Just to share with you, I went to AD and went into FI in Jan 2009 (unsuccessful reason from recruiter was because of economy). And I join another AD and went into FI again in Nov 2009 (whereby I suppose to wait a period of one year to retry). I thought they will accept my application as its ALMOST one year. But not. My interview was unsuccessful.

During the FI, the recruiter told me that I am not qualified as I didn't fulfill the one year period. But since I was there, she said she'll just interview me.

I think to follow their instruction is certainly important as it shows how you follow and understand instruction. This could be a way of seeing your personality. As what we know, personality & attitude is all EK looking for. I am suffering from the one year waiting period now. I am taking this one year time to prepare for my interview. I will retry again starting end of the year. Wish for best. Good luck.

winchelle
21st May 2010, 07:57
Hi! I'm just a newbie here. I'm very thankful that everyone is posting information, very useful most especially to someone like me who dreams of being a cabin crew.

@jaye-how much is that book? i'm interested.:):)

HJA100
21st May 2010, 09:07
My medicals and secuirty documents were approved within four days but my resignation took over a week but i guess it all depends on how busy they are at HR. Your medicals are approved and so the worst is over just know your on your way to Dubai soon. When is your DOJ?

katty
21st May 2010, 10:10
Thank you for your reply!! Im going to most definetley wait until my 6 months waiting period is over! as you are right I should listen to their instruction and reapply after 6 months!
I hope your 1 year waiting time flies by so you can reapply soon and be successful, Im sure you will ;)
Thankyou again for your advice!.x

louise OZ
22nd May 2010, 00:23
Thanks, but another question.

How do you know if they've been approved?

If they have an queries they would contact me and ask, so with the status saying complete for medicals and security that means it's all approved is that right?

my DOJ is 14 June and yours?

tmcaldas
22nd May 2010, 17:14
the file is probably to large
I had the same problem
send e-mails with 1 photo each

tmcaldas
22nd May 2010, 17:29
I recived my golden call 3 day ago and I was unable to talk at that time so I asked for the e-mail address so I could arange the doj.
I haven't head anything since.
Do you have a phone number or a diferent e-mail I could contact them?
Thanks

HJA100
22nd May 2010, 17:58
I got a text from HR to that went like this; You have now obtained your final approval please log onto emiratesgroupcareers.com for further instructions.

I didnt recieve any notification for my resignation it just changed to completed on my portal. If you didnt recieve the text or email notifying you of your final approval i would just call to double check that everything is clear.

My DOJ is 7th of June i think well be in the same training group...had my last day at work yesterday! Such a great feeling:ok::D:)

kontesa
22nd May 2010, 18:04
I went today for the open day in Cork (Ireland)with my friend to support him. And i got really surprised only 16 people came!!!.

There was 2 recruiters Sonia and Kim. Sonia recognized me which was nice and i had a short chat with her:p She was the only recruiter on my open day in Galway.
The scenario was pretty same as i had. First the introduction, then working in teams they were suppose to ask the person on their left about something they are most proud of. Then there was the discussion, the topic was to give 5 advantages of living in Dubai, the other group i think had to talk about advantages of being a cabin crew but im not sure.
Seems that it was way easier tho then what we had in Galway. We had to choose 5 people that we would like to invite for the supper, choose the venue and the theme of the supper and motivate why. Then out of that 5 people each group had to pick up one person.
My friend wasnt successful :(. I know about 5 people went through to another stage. All was going so fast....
On my open day i was home at 8 pm.....

Milena
22nd May 2010, 18:06
Guys , you must know because you went to the interview, do they have a scale to know your weight?? or you have to know this before so you just write it on the information paper??

kontesa
22nd May 2010, 18:14
They dont have any scale there, they dont check that on the interview

Milena
22nd May 2010, 18:18
Thanks contesa! :)

I had that doubt because there is a girl who wrote on her blog that they had a scale there, but i think that was because an agency was doing that first and then they had to do the interview with the recruiters :}

lola81
22nd May 2010, 20:00
you couldn't talk!!!
wow what ever you were doing must have been really important! did you stay on the phone long enough to at lease get your recruitment officer's name?
if so then you can try reaching her/his extension directly . you will have to keep trying to contact them.

yuki_cx
23rd May 2010, 06:47
[Text speak]

Grabben
23rd May 2010, 09:11
I went to the recruitment in Gothenburg yesterday and didn't make it.
There were less than 40 people there. The recruiters were two girls, Inez and Alex.
They started off with information about Emirates, living in Dubai and working as cabin crew.
After that we handed over our CV's. I went to Inez and chatted for 20-25 seconds and handed my CV over with a smile.

Next step:

We were divided in two groups. My group left the room and we waited for an hour.
When we were called in we sat down in a ring.
First I told the girl to the right things about me. She then had to present me to the group. I asked the girl to the left questions and presented her.

While we were asking questions we also did the height test.

Inez and Alex had set up papers on the wall and we had to do the reach test. I walked over smiling, looking them in the eye. When I turned around Alex asked me:

"What do you do?"
I was at first a bit puzzled about the question but answered:
"I'm working as a receptionist."
Both Inez and Alex were actually looking for something and I don't know why. They just said thank you and I sat down again.

After presentations we had a group discussion.
They chose subject for us. In this case we discussed the advantages and disadvantages about a global currency.
We discussed this for less than 10 minutes and then they wanted an answer from the whole group. And we answered that it is not good at the moment but maybe in the future.

That's it! After that I got eliminated!

I would love to know the criteria.
I'm thinking it might be age. I'm 35.

I've got:

Looks - check!
Confidence - check!
Almost perfect English - check!
Customer Service experience - check!

By the way! At least one girl who didn't make the reach test got through to the next stage!

I saw the advertisement a newspaper and others got the e-mail after registrating online. In the advertisement there was nothing about dress code but in the e-mail it said suit. I had a shirt.
Also there was no information about a whole day or about successfull candidates being called for the next day. There were people there who had train tickets for the afternoon.

Anyway! I am definately going to apply in 6 months! Then go there again with a suit on!

HJA100
23rd May 2010, 09:38
On my assessment day i wore a high waisted skirt and a white shirt...i looked professional. If for any reason you do not look professional enough in a shirt then make sure you wear a suit at the next open day but it is not the most important thing.

When they do the reach test and you are having a 30second conversation with the recruiment officer..she/he is building a very clear profile on you..for example are you friendly, do you react well in a situations etc. I strongly believe if i had not conected with my officer in those vaulable few seconds i would not have got the job. Just go into the next open day as relaxed as possible in these situations but always show enthausim!

ally23x
23rd May 2010, 10:51
Hello to everyone!

I have read this entire forum about Emitares. I find it very useful and I thank you all for sharing valuable experiences.

I am asking everyone if you could give me more details about the topics within group interview (as some of the above did), and the sequences of interviews (how many, what they consist of) and what is the final interview about?

I would really appreciate your help

Thanx

EJD
23rd May 2010, 11:03
Hello everyone!!!

I have tried to read as much of the Emirates thread as possible but my eyeballs are starting to go square :sad:

I'm just curious as to how Open days are constructed for Emirates? I have attended an Assessment day before for another airline and basically it was group taks in the morning and then panel interviews in the afternoon. If we were successful through that, we were requied to attend a candidate day two days after.

Is this the way Emiratres operates? Or is it slighty different. I am just wanting to know so that I can plan for time off work in advance.

Thank you to any one who takes the time to reply. Much appreciated!! Feel free to PM me and good luck to anyone attending Open Days in the near future!:ok:

verito
23rd May 2010, 14:18
Hey guys!!
Hope you've been doing well...I'm struggling with the medicals (of course!!) and I have one question..
In regards to the YELLOW FEVER vaccine, they told me that after you get it, you need to wait 21 days to get any other vaccine..:ugh:
however, I need to get everything done by this week, because I can't take that long with my medicals, since my DOJ is June 28th..therefore..
what do I do? do I tell them about this and ask if I can get that shot in Dubai, when I arrive there? Please let me know if you have any info on this...

thanks!!!!

Milena
23rd May 2010, 16:49
As far as i know ;) on the assesment days you have to make an appointment and if they invite you, you can go. On the open days everybody can go and it goes like this:

-Informative video and giving CV's to the recruiters, that's the first selection
-1 Group work and also they measure how tall you are, that's the second selection
-2 Group work and third selection

Then the people that made it have to make english tests, personality tests, etc. And you have to decide the hour wich you are going to your final interview that is going to be maybe the next day or next week it depends.

Then in 6 weeks you will receive the golden call (gc) or the rejection email

Hope this helps you!! :D

lola81
23rd May 2010, 17:32
thank you all for your support. my DOJ is tomorrow so this is it for me before i go. i will always keep in touch and will let you all know whats going on. best of luck to you all. :ok:

verito (http://www.pprune.org/members/328063-verito)- what ever vaccinations you do not get you can have in dubai. don't wait to uploading your forms on the portal for only this reason.

Mari
23rd May 2010, 19:37
Dear Lola!!!

I wish you all the best!!! I'm absolutely sure that we will fly together soon...

If you have some kind of internet connection, let us know briefly about your accomodation and the first impression about Dubai and the training.

It's very, very, very hot now: please, do not give it up, you will be fine!!!!!!!! You will get used to all the unusual things...

verito
23rd May 2010, 23:22
Thank you so much for the reply! I will upload my medicals then, without this vaccine.
Hope you have a safe flight and that you do great at training! let us know how you liked Dubai!!! :) Hope to see you there soon!!! :O

danieleb10
24th May 2010, 01:35
Hey guys my DOJ is June 7th, anyone else joining that date? I am crossing my fingers to be on 380s... I am flying out of New York, anyone else?

Thank you

Dany :D

tmcaldas
24th May 2010, 04:11
I have the phone number and the e-mail she gave me.
The problem is that her mailbox is full and never got anything back from the e-mails I sent

Fiji
24th May 2010, 04:47
hi there

Can some1 tell me how long it takes after you've submitted your medical results do they call you and let you know when you can resign??:hmm:

Ciao

tmcaldas
24th May 2010, 05:05
They called me back!!!
DOJ 26/07!!!!

paul_ve
24th May 2010, 05:09
I uploaded al the docs last Thrusday (dubai time). I read it took someone 4 days to get them approved.. I'm getting impatient.. the days are passing by and I need to know when can I quit my current job so I do my next move :hmm:

How long has it taken to you all to get the medicals approved?

HJA100
24th May 2010, 07:06
It all depends on how busy they are at HR rather than a specfic time. When is your DOJ. if its soon then i would call them and explain you need to resign if your going to keep your doj if its not soon just sit back and wait.

Danielle i added you on facebook...im flying out from London;)

Carina Luz
24th May 2010, 10:45
Hello.
Can anyone tell me if they will have a bad reaction, if i try to delay my DOJ?
I´m having some disease problems in the family, and i would like to stay a bit longuer to suport it...
Anyone know about it? have anyone been in this case before?
thanks

Green destiny
24th May 2010, 12:39
[Text speak]

Read the first sticky thread at the top of the forum.

louise OZ
24th May 2010, 13:00
:D:D:D yippeeeee, I got my final approval and resignation, exactly four days after my medicals were uploaded, not counting Friday & Saturday.

I am sooooooo excited, can't wait.

Paul_ve and Fiji it looks like it takes four days for the final approval, what are your DOJ's

paul_ve
24th May 2010, 13:20
I still have plenty of time I think. My DOJ is July, 5th, Now you say it took you about 4 working days, I think I'll be having news on Tuesday or max on Wednesday...

I'll let you know

HiflierEK
24th May 2010, 17:13
Hi, i have printed off the medical forms and for instance the dentist report, the part where the dentist signs is on a seperate page. Is that ok to upload two pages or do i have to edit it and try to squeeze it all on one ?

Many thanks

Fiji
24th May 2010, 21:12
Hi

I submitted all my medical documents ..
I didn't need to submit the Ophthalmic report.
It still says in progress...is that normal or is it suppose to say complete...
Please let me know ..

hi Verito

you can always get the other shot later..
just get that one done ..and get the doctor to fill out your vaccination certificate...

You can get the shot in Dubai..

Good Luck..

I need to know if it says in progress on the cadidate portal what does that mean????

HiflierEK
24th May 2010, 21:53
Fiji, was the signed part of your medicals on the same page or did you upload 2 seperate pages ?

primv
24th May 2010, 22:20
Hi everybody!

My DOJ is June 21st, anyone else?

NBraiding
24th May 2010, 23:57
Hi everyone! Is anyone going to the auckland open day 26 June?

Fiji
25th May 2010, 00:03
DOJ is July 5th ..

Hoping i can leave earlier..

LOL

sophie1384
25th May 2010, 09:18
My DOJ is July 5th too...If anyone wants to be facebook friends, private message me!! Nearly completed all my medicals, hoping to get all uploaded by Thursday this week! x

ekfingerscrossed
25th May 2010, 10:23
Hey guys

I have just completed my medicals today and uploaded them to the portal, but silly me some of the documents were incorrectly loaded.

When I tried to remove them from the link, the procedure failed and the incorrect documents are still in the system.

FYI I'm using Windows Vista with Google Chrome as my browser.

Anybody with the same experience and solution?

Cheers!

EKwanabe
25th May 2010, 12:21
hi, I received the ID and PW for the portal by email yesterday but when I try to log in it gives me this following error message:

Invalid email address or password. Please try again.

If you have not registered with us before, Click here to register (https://ekgrpapplications.emirates.com/Careersonlineapps/Common/ProfilePage.aspx) for the first time.
Note: The benefits of registering are the following.
1. You will be able to have your own profile page.
2. You will be able to track your status.
3. You will be able to view / track letters sent by us to your account.

If you have registered with us before, please complete both fields below:

Email Address *

Please enter valid email address Please enter valid email address
Password *

Enter password Password should contain minimum 6 maximum up to 8 characters

I had this problem even before getting the golden call, so couldn't check my online status but this continues. I already emailed them to fix this problem but just curious if someone in this forum had the same problem and had it fixed.

Also, I want to know if I should proceed with getting my medical. I already received the medical form from someone in this forum and the form says the date modified is June 24, 2009 on the top letterhead. Do I have the most current medical form? so go ahead and get the medical done before my portal is available

Thank you in advance for your answer!

orchid553
25th May 2010, 13:43
:{ I have called Emirates today, after 5 weeks and 4 days of waithing. I was told that i would get a reply today, it was mentioned that i would get an e-mail. One hour later i received rejection e-mail. I am very upset but still I know that I will try again. I have the whole year to prepare for the next time.

BYMONEK
25th May 2010, 14:34
orchid553

The Company have done you a favour. Our cabin crew got no pay increase last year and no profit share due to 'tough economic trading conditions'. The airline made over $250 million profit. The VP's and above got over $300,000 each, minimum!

This year, our hard working cabin crew, who's working hours have increased, recieved acknowledgement of their extra effort by receiving 3 weeks profit share (no big deal as their basic salary is **** anyway) and a whopping 1% pay rise. Yes, 1%! It works out at around an extra $27 a month. The airline made over 1.2 billion U$! The VP's and above got even more then last year.

You and other wannabe's may wish to reflect on that before deciding to work here. :sad:

orchid553
25th May 2010, 14:45
Thank for the post,he-he. In Russian we say "if your fiancee left you, it is not yet clear who of you both is luckier" Anyway, I want to fly, I will try later again.

zvrky
25th May 2010, 19:14
Is it strict that you'll have the message ..."contact you at earliest" or "approval in progress" if you wolud be successful, or it is not a rule?

And what time the Golden Call usually occurs?

EKwanabe
26th May 2010, 00:26
That's not always the case. A friend of mine's status never changed and had no log-in problem but got the golden call at the end. However, if your status change to something like "coorinator will contact you at earlist..." means almost 100 percent golden call. For my case, my username and password stopped working 2-3 weeks after my final interview(and even after golden call my log in for portal still not working). I think they do something with your portal profile and stop letting one create another profile(at least to those who went to final interview-so those people can't apply online for next 12months even by accident).

For the time of the call, it varies but it seems it comes thru during Dubai business hour(7am to 3pm) and my came with "private number" on caller id, so make sure you answer every call from now on.

The last advice is keep close contact with people who had the final interview with you on the same open/assessment day. Ususally the same city finalists get the result around the same time(either by sorry email or by golden call - and if you don't get the sorry email when others get, that is likely to be golden call according to my observation).

Try to think positive and enjoy the waiting game!

Mari
26th May 2010, 06:20
Bymonek,

it's very disappointing but not surprising at all... I don't even get upset about it!!! There is nothing you can do.

If you can leave for a better job, do it!

If not: life is way too short to get frustrated about this!!! Look, I'm over 30, my background is flying and waitressing. Could I get around 2500 euro and free accomodation and lots of sunshine in Europe?! Not really... I'm not gonna go back to have worse conditions for sure. And most of the companies are horrible, cost cutting everywhere!!!

If you are younger, have a good degree, 1-2 years of exprience in your field, and come from a wealthy country: change your job and go home NOW! If you are older, you need to start your own business as a new career.

If you are too lazy to do something else, go to the beach and think about the fact that your circumstances are much better than at Etihad or Qatar.

Why are you telling candidates not to join Emirates?! Did you forget the time when you were young and enthusiastic??? There are so many, so many (more and more) applicants each year! Emirates is extremely popular (maybe less popular in Australia but who cares: we have too many Australians, anyways), motivated, young people will come instead of the old, frustrated, disappointed ones. The majority might only stay for 1-3 years but if it's good for the company, well, what to do...

In my opinion, the WORST EXPERIENCE for the new-joiners:
1. the location and quality of the accomodation.
2. handling sick days by management - especially if you are really sick.
3. delayed upgrades.
It's not really about the money...

louise OZ
26th May 2010, 09:30
My portal says Travel arrangements & Accomodation have been arranged but I can't see it anywhere, below it has E Ticket & E Visa but I can't click on it.

Has anybody else had this problem or am I looking in the wrong place

thanks in advance

blueskys23
26th May 2010, 11:01
Hi all,

Congrats on all the golden calls going down:ok:, that's awesome, I've been waiting for almost 2 weeks now and I wish that I added everyone from my assessment day, I feel like I made some awesome friends with in that short time we all spent together

I hate that you have to wait sooo long though because you feel like you start finding things that you did wrong in your FI and stuff although I only hesitated on one of the questions which i dont think was to bad, but I always kept a smile on and was very positive.

Did anybody have their FI's in london on the 12th of May by any chance???
x
:}

Mary26
26th May 2010, 13:38
Hey!! I'm interested to join with emirates, i would to know some tips before I go to the interview. I'm flight attendant, I've heard if you don't pass the OD you have six months to try again, but I read a post which said I have the whole year to go again!. I getting confused about it :ugh:

jetstreamhoney
26th May 2010, 15:26
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some info on the assessment days for EK. If you are lucky enough to make it to the final interview, does this usually happen the day after the assessment day or later in the week. I am trying to organise a hotel as I have to travel for it. Also, are all the assessments done in one day or over a couple??

Thanks xxx

RayhanBD
26th May 2010, 17:32
All my medical document upload finished tonight. All medical report is good, 2 vaccine is not available in my country. It was hard to do medical, but i enjoy to do so. Now I am waiting for Final approval. How long it take to get final approval? My date of join 5th July, still 40 days to go.

Drifter22
26th May 2010, 19:36
hello primv,

Yes im starting on the 21 JUNE aswell! :ok: My medicals have been a nightmare! hows everything coming along with you? have you heard anyone else starting on the same day?

lola81
26th May 2010, 21:19
hey guys,

after leaving Trinidad it took me 26 hours to turn my key at my new apartment in Dubai! the flight from new york to dubai was almost 13 hours!!!!!!!

my apartment was such a pleasant surprise.

we have induction tomorrow and a full week ahead.

to all waiting for golden phone calls, FI,AD or OD i have one thing to say ... its worth it!:ok:

louise OZ
26th May 2010, 23:59
I'm soooo excited for you.

I have a question, my portal says my travel arrangements and E ticket and E visa have been made but I cant see it anywhere, can you tell me what I'm doing.

what building are you staying in

lola81
27th May 2010, 00:51
i'm on Sheikh Zayed Road!

the ticket and visa links normally would open up four days before your DOJ, no worries.

see you soon

Montreal76
27th May 2010, 06:20
As of today with 12000 current crew, Emirates is looking for 3000 more crew to join the company.

Good luck !

sashka_m24
27th May 2010, 07:21
Could someone please send to me medical form if you have such, i have a trouble can not download from Emirates web page. thank you in advance
please send it to my email address [email protected]
Please , please, please.
Thank you a lot for your fast respond

StewardMan
27th May 2010, 11:45
Let me share with you once again my joining process:

2007. Zagreb OD, i have manage to get to the final interview but i did not receive a golden call.

2009. Paris OD, waist of time, 350 people at the OD!

27.03- Open Day in Ljubljana
28.03- Final Interview
04.04- Online status - Approval in progress
06.04- Online status - You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest
08.04- Golden call (DOJ 31.05)

20.04- All medicals uploaded
03.05- Medical clearence and resignation from current job
17.05- A380 welcome email
26.05- E-ticket & Visa
27.05- Accommodation info (Al Qusais)
01.06- Flying to Dubai

This forum is been really helpful , thank you guys. If you need any help or info in future send me PM.

Good luck to all of you!

tmcaldas
27th May 2010, 13:40
Can someone send me the medical forms, please?
I can't download it...
tmcaldas
@hotmail.com

EJD
27th May 2010, 15:41
Hey there everybody,

Just a quick question, if you are successful through OD how quickly does FI follow? I have read above that it was the next day. Is this the only option or are you given a choice?

I am just wanting to know so that I can arrange for time off work.

Thank you in advance. Feel free to Private message me if you like

BYMONEK
27th May 2010, 16:21
Mari

You are absolutely right. It is not really about the money, more the way you guys are treated, especially regarding sickness. The point I was trying to make was the overall attitude of management towards CC. Let's treat them like **** cause we get 1000's of wannabes applying every week who want to fly with EK. $2500 a month, see the World, no more cleaning tables for me.

The only problem with this is many crew here are well educated. Probably far more qualified than most of the idiots managing them. The novelty of the job quickly fades as the clever ones quickly realise how badly they're being treated. The requirement to work and smile for 120 hours a month, every month often ends 2-3 years later when they leave.

In about 5-7 years from now, only the East European, Asian, African and Lebanese crew will remain. They take the **** because those dollars buys a lot of happiness for their families back home. Those from the 1st World generally leave. They will accept a reduced cash flow for a decent nights sleep and for being treated like a human being. Do you think Emirates tell the wannabes at interview that they 'can't' go sick for the first 6 months. Like your body can decide, morons!

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what is said on these forums as people will come here anyway. Orchid553 summed it all up really. " I'll try again later". She wants to live the dream just like all the others.

Good luck to all with their applications and I hope it works out for you. Just don't ever say you weren't warned! :(

danieleb10
27th May 2010, 16:23
Hey guys I am wondering if anyone who is joining the company soon have got the 380 email. I know the crew for May 31 is doing 380, but I am joining june 7th and hoping to be part of 380, but have not received an email yet... anyone have a clue?

Thanks

Dany

TheSarahJayne
27th May 2010, 21:38
Hi everyone

I applied on the Emirates website to attend one of the assessment days in London, and my status was changed to 'application under review,' but it was a few weeks ago i applied, and the assessment day is in a couple of weeks...and i haven't heard anything.

Does it seem to be better to go to one of the open days to hand your CV in rather than apply online?

Thanks

airdivaa
28th May 2010, 04:32
Hello all
I made it all the way to the final interview in North America which I thought really went well... few days later I received an email saying that I was unsuccessful :( It was a big bummer...
I know I am suppose to wait a year but I am Soooooo tempted to reapply as in Europe this summer, Do you think they have anyway to know I have already applied less than a year ago ?

PerthEK
28th May 2010, 04:43
Hi everyone!

Well I got through to the FI and I think it went well, although i'm rethinking everything I said now!

My online status changed to 'approval in progress' 3 days after the FI - is this a good thing? I know people have had approval then you will be contacted. I want to know if anyone has got the rejection email after having approval in progress? This seems really quick? too quick?

Any info would be great! thanks so much!

gj_1983
28th May 2010, 10:14
Hi there...

I was wondering if someone may be able to help me with the salary side of things...

On the Emirates website, it mentions that starting wage is Dhs 3,915 for entry level. Is this for the training period at Emirates and then after graduating, the pay goes up to the next grade? When does the first increment come into effect?

I appreciate the feedback guys.

Cheers.

Mari
28th May 2010, 14:12
Basic salary for economy class crew: 3915 dhs.
Paid from the date of joining, so the training is paid.

No increase after training or probation.

Salary comes on 26th every month, they pay the flying hours and standby credit for the previous month. So, you will get your full pay on 26th June for the flying hours in May.

Beginning: you get 2000 dhs loan. It will be deducted from your first 2 salaries!!! Beside that: 340 dhs per month is deducted in the first 12 months. You will get this back with your End of Service Benefit - 6000 dhs - after completing your 3-year-contract.

Extras - normally - each year: the bonus (profit share) and the pay-rise. They only increased the basic salary this year, it's not really much but more than nothing.

Hierarchy: your basic salary and flying pay will go up if you get upgraded to premium cabin. If I remember well, you will get 4200 dhs as a G1 (business class crew) if you get your upgrade next year before the pay-rise. You can get an upgrade to business class after 12-24 months of flying. You can become SFS in 3-4 years if your attendance and performance is good. It takes normally 6-8 years to become Purser.

(They might have told you 5 years on the OD: not possible! Upgrades slowed down very, very much. Lots of people have been waiting for promotion for a very long time. Even though they are getting 7 more aircraft this year, there will be a 6-12 months gap in delivery again. Not mentioning any new vulcano or economic crisis or whatever disaster might happen in the future...)

Flying pay is paid between chocks off and chocks on. (Not from check-in!!!)
Economy class crew: 53.50 dhs
Business class crew: 59.50 dhs
First class crew: 65.50 dhs
SFS: 81 dhs
Purser: 87 dhs

Single accomodation is offered to senior crew: first class crew after 5 years of service, SFSs and Pursers. If you are married, you need to move out but you will get living-out allowance.

Meal Allowances: it's not part of the salary, it's paid in cash, in local currency in the hotels when on layover. Should be around 1500-2500 dhs extra every month, depends on your flights and the length of your layovers. (It's usually around 2-3000 dhs per month in the A380 fleet.) You will also get discounts (20-50%) on food and beverage in the hotels.

Duty Free comission: you can make some extra by selling duty free. If you are on the A380, you can be duty free operator in Economy Class. If you do it regularly (on many flights), you can make extra couple hundred dirhams. It's worth to ask for this position every time.

Maternity leave is not paid. You need to stop flying after finding out you are pregnant and come back on-line 5 months after childbirth.

DO NOT EXPECT MUCH MONEY IN THE FIRST 4 MONTHS AFTER ARRIVING!!! Take your credit card with you from home or some extra cash.

If you are a girl, you will spend 1-2000 dhs for make-up after the grooming session. If only new-joiners live in the apartment, you need to buy TV, DVD player, vacuum cleaner, microvave, iron etc. You might want to buy a car soon and the loan will be around 40% of your salary. (No need to buy a car, I think, if you live in Garhoud or Sheikh Zayed but it's up to you!)

You can save from your salary if you want. There are people who live on the Meal Allowances only and there are people who spend all the money and use their parents' credit card. There are people who travel a lot, pay for college or party a lot. It's up to you what lifestyle you choose.

kontesa
28th May 2010, 21:42
I think its very important that someone posts the bad sides of this job as well.
I was hesitating myself a long time..... i left my country to come to work in Ireland and since then i cant complain i have now 3 years of experience mostly in finance sector. Stability and by that i mean working monday-friday , paid overtimes and all benefits, private medical cover that is paid for us... my salary not so great around 1700E, and all bills on my head. We get annual raise of 3% and the yearly bonus of about 800E, so is Emirates so different?.....
I was asking myself if i want to change everything, specially that now im 28.
The way i see it is i will travel the world and i might have no such a chance ever again, some adventure and maybe less serious life. But i know i wont stay there and im treating it just as a career break.
Im sitting 8 hours in front of pc and most of the time i have to go through a medical history of people who died, its really depressing.
i hope i will be able to find myself there i dont expect to much they pay you mostly to smile and not question too much i think once you realize that it will be fine. And i used to work in a call center.. try that they even control when you go to the toilet

And with the appraisal system i think its like that across the board. Each company tells you about this great opportunities waiting for you. So you work harder and harder and you tend to get nothing but more responsibilities... been there done that.

and in regards to treating ... most of the companies treat you like a machine you are trained to do your job and nothing more they dont ask you to think how to innovate the system ( im talking here bout big corporations) everything has to stay the way it is. And even if there are innovations you are not the one to decide there are specialists to do that..... which have no clue what exactly you are doing.

So in my opinion its pretty similar everywhere, dont expect too much if you are one of hundreds people working for the same company. Its just about your attitude,and knowing where you want to go.

gj_1983
29th May 2010, 03:09
Hi Mari,

Thanks so much for taking the time out to write that reply, it's certainly appreciated.

I'm currently trying to work out how I'd go with all my finacnial committments back home if I was to begin working with EK, I'm working out budgets and all that, just so I can see that I'm not going to waste my time applying.

What would be the average starting out salary of someone at EK inclusive of all allowances (meals, flying pay etc.)?

Thanks in advance!!!

louise OZ
29th May 2010, 04:55
Hi Mari, you seem to be a wealth of information so can you help me with this.

Someone told my mum that when she gets four days off, she flies back home to Melbourne, Australia is this possible.
How far in advance do we receive our rosters?

I was also wondering about staff discount flying for my parents.

What discount will they get, is it only flying on Emirates or does it include other alliance airlines, do they get discount hotels and cruises around the world.

Thanks in advance;)

niuniu
29th May 2010, 11:35
Hi guys can i please just ask about the reach test... I'm 157 cm tall so thats about almost 5'2 and i've tried to reach 212cm but im lacking about 2cm and no matter how much i tip toe i cant reach the 212 (only almost!)

has anyone ever been in my situation and passed the reach test to the next step or has anyone ever SEEN or HEARD of anybody at all who could get an interview even though she didnt reach 212cm? or had everyone who cannot reach been eliminated right after?

please let me know because im dying to be an emirates air hostess but also dead scared about my height :)

thank you sooo much advance :):):)

ekfingerscrossed
29th May 2010, 11:35
Does anyone know when they let you know you've been selected for the A380? StewardMan seems to have received notification after his medicals were completed...

ekfingerscrossed
29th May 2010, 11:38
Hey niuniu, there was a very pretty girl in my AD who did really well in the first group discussion but failed the reach test. She didn't progress to the next stage. The reach test should properly be called a safety reach test, as you will need to reach 212 cm to access some of the safety equipment onboard as well as the hat racks.

danieleb10
29th May 2010, 17:24
Hey ekfingerscrossed, I am also hoping to be a 380 girl. Aparently it is 2 weeks before you leave that they let you know, I only have 9 days left, and have not gotten an email, which may means that I am main fleet, I will be happy either or, but I still hope to perhaps get selected. Best luck to you...

I am guessing you are from Argentina right?

Dany :)

BYMONEK
29th May 2010, 21:29
Milena

It has bugger all to do with Morocco! :ugh:

Emirates Airline is based in DUBAI. Dubai is one of seven Emirates located in the United Arab Emirates, NOT North Africa! The currency here is also called the dirham and is 'tied' to the US dollar at the rate of 3.67. This gives you a tax free basic salary, before flight pay and allowances, of $1067. Expect $2500 most months with your extras added. Throw in free housing, no utility bills, free drinks most nights for the girlies and you're off.

Better now?

kontesa
29th May 2010, 22:24
hahahahhahahah sorry guys this morocco thing really made me laugh :D :D :D its best since i heard that poland is next to brasil :D sorry i could not stop myself not to post this :D

Milena
30th May 2010, 00:27
Of course im much better now, i was thinking why do people want to work for that salary!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD hahahaha ,
i just wrote on google dirhams and that quantity appeared, i didn't realized about "morrocco" or whatever it said there XD
well at least i made you laugh :P :D

ekfingerscrossed
30th May 2010, 00:48
Hey Dany

Yea the A380 is awesome, and the long layovers are definitely a boon! I do hope I get an email offer for it!

I'm from the Southern Hemisphere that's right, but on the other side of the world - I'm from Australia :ok:

DORINA
30th May 2010, 08:57
[Text speak]

Mari
30th May 2010, 09:16
Gj,

please, get a calculator and take the time and effort to count. It's really not rocket science as there are no taxes, so you don't have to bother with brutto and netto amounts!

I answered to your questions in my post. Beside that: I did write detailed information on purpose (!) instead of general info saying "they make around...". (You could even plan ahead...)

Don't forget to consider your annual leave, sick days, absent days, flight time limitation (hint: max. 900 hours per year), travel plans etc. in your calculation.

Read these posts as well:

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/411279-emirates-vs-etihad-vs-qatar-3.html

Reach test

If you don't reach the 212 cm, they won't take you.

You are missing 2 cm: too much. You don't have a chance.

(Gulf Air might take you but they are only hiring Bahreini ladies now. Your height would be an advantage in private flying, as well. Sorry, I didn't check where you are from. EasyJet might take you and Monarch, as well.)

Kontessa,

I really understand your thinking. I assure you 100% that you will not regret your decision you made. Maybe it won't be your dream job but it will be a great adventure!!! You will move on when it's the right time.

I love working with ALL these young cabin crew, flirting with the cockpit crew, meeting new people, making new friends, hearing new gossips and stories, going to the beach on my off days. I like the Dubai lifestyle and always appreciate to be back in Europe or in America or discover Asia. I'm happy. If I'm not happy with this job and situtation any more, I will try to figure out something else.

Louise,

you are joining the company in 2 weeks, so all the secrets will be revealed soon...

Your parents and brothers/sisters get 1 id90 nad 1 id50 with Emirates each year. No flyzed tickets. (Although, Etihad and Lufthansa might work. You need to check it in the system.) No discounts in hotels or cruises. Although, you might be able to get some discounts in hotels in Dubai.

Well, if you want to fly home when you have 4 off days... God, that girl must hate Dubai and must be very homesick. The flight is very long and most of the flights are overbooked! You need to get back 12 hours before your next duty. Anyways, yes, it's possible.

About going home: imagine, my flatmate joined in December 2009. She didn't get leave in the first half of this year. (Reason: short of people. Usually they give out your leave earlier.) So, she has 33 leave days for the second half of 2010! Normally, you are not allowed to leave Dubai during probation without the permission of your manager. Anyways, she went home twice when she had 4-5 days off and she used id tickets (the request went through).

I'm not sure when you can start using flyzed tickets, after 6 or 12 month of service. You will be able to download the updated Staff Travel Manual on the Emirates Crew Portal, it helps a lot.

Collect your questions and ask them during training. Trainers are good and giving lots of information but there is so much stuff to discuss that they might forget to mention something.

Very first roster, Main Fleet:

This is the first roster (June) of one of the new-joiners from pprune. If anybody's interested...

TRV, COK, LHR, CAI, BKK, SYD-CHC-SYD, JNB

(Meaning: Trivandrum, Cochin, London-Heathrow, Cairo, Bangkok, Sydney, Christchurch, Johannesburg.)

kontesa
30th May 2010, 13:33
Just general feelings.....

i think you must be extremely patient person in your every day life and i wish i could learn that from you. So many times i see people asking same questions. They would not bother to go through all information on forum ... and i know very well they would find 99% of answers to their questions. Still you just copy and paste same and same over and over again.......
I really so admire you for that!!!!!!!!
I hope i will get to know you and learn some of that patience myself. And i can just imagine how much of that you need in this job.

And my private appeal to all people here: if you really interested in this job please read all information on forum before posting a question. Show a bit of respect to people who spend their time to provide all that information to you. It takes a while because there is an awful lot to read .... but believe me or not answers are there! Thanks;)

lola81
30th May 2010, 15:11
i have been here about 5 days now and its been alot but fun.

i got the manuals today- for thoes on main fleet you have one packed book to look forward to. those of you on A380 we have TWO!

prepare for long study nights and weekend.

Mari
30th May 2010, 15:51
You need to fill up those books during and after the training. Not the whole thing at once. You have to do your homework and study a bit every day: 2-4 hours after classes.

Have fun on the weekends!

Milena
30th May 2010, 15:59
Hey guys !! i was wondering if some of you who are allready in dubai or are about to go there have any blogs?? where you upload pictures and write all your adventures, please tell us ok??? :}

Kisses!!

Mari
30th May 2010, 16:22
Dear Milena,

try google "emirates cabin crew blog". I'm sure you will find some good blogs. (Check the blogs they are reading as well.) Airboy's blog is very popular.

(It's not allowed to post blogs on pprune.)

You might find people on facebook, as well, especially from your country.

You can try youtube, as well, to find some good videos about the cabin crew accomodation, cabin crew training and Dubai.

You can also try the cabincrew.com and read the Emirates topics there.

First of all, read the Emirates homepage, the requirements, benefits, the FAQ and Dubai.

(Same with Etihad and Qatar and other airlines.)

Milena
30th May 2010, 16:28
Thanks mariii, i know airboy's blog, but he is not working on emirates anymore.
I had no idea tough that it wasn't alowed to post blogs hahah so thanks for telling me that, i was asking for blogs just because since we all talk a lot here i feel like very connected to all of you and also i feel like i care a lot about you all so that's why it is more special if the blog is from one of you :P thanks again Mariiiii (K)(K)(K) :O

Mari
30th May 2010, 16:41
Are you serious???? Is he gone?! I cannot believe it... I thought he would be with Emirates for ever...

Well, in this case, you need to pm your favourite people on pprune and ask them if they are writing any blogs. You must know that there will be around 20 posts after your post in a day and nobody will really read it or react on this request.

People must be careful with these things nowadays. Trainees are told not to post pictures on their blogs taken in the simulator. According to me, I never allow my colleagues and customers to take a video or photo of me, I'm not on facebook and I don't write a blog.

danieleb10
30th May 2010, 18:06
Hey guys I found this post by Mari, in another thread. I think all of the new joiners will enjoy this information. Thank you so much Mari for taking your time to assist us.

Originally Posted by Mari
There is some misconception about working for Emirates Airline as a cabin crew. Be aware that all airlines in the Middle-East have different conditions, rules and regualtions. Let me clear up some of the confusion:

- You are based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The city is clean, pretty and lively. There are plenty of shopping malls, clubs, restaurants, hotels and lots of indoor and outdoor activities. Dubai is very liberal but I would strongly recommend to avoid kissing in public.

- You can visit open beaches in Dubai free of charge (The Walk, Jumeirah) and two public beaches with an entrance fee of 5 dhs (Jumeirah Beach Park, Mamzar Park). Beaches are visited by both men and women. Topless is not allowed and you must wear appropriate swimwear (bikini is fine).

- You can wear whatever you want in Dubai. It’s fine to wear mini skirts, shorts, and sleeveless tops. Mini dresses and high-heal shoes are fine to wear if you go clubing. However, if you visit official buildings or go to the Emirates Headquarters, you are expected to wear more appropriate clothing. Female employees should avoid wearing: clothes that expose the midriff skin (unless part of traditional dress such as a sari), see-through blouses or excessively scanty or transparent garments in general, excessively plunging or revealing necklines, mini-skirts and mini-shorts. Male employees should avoid wearing: upper body garments that bare the shoulders (such as singlets/tank tops) , scanty sport shorts, such as short running or cycling shorts.

- There is no bond at Emirates. You can resign any time. However, there is 340 dhs salary deduction in the first 12 months. You will get this money back with your End of Service Benefit (6000 dhs) after completing your 3-year-contract.

- Contracts are for 3 years, extandable. All contracts are extanded, even if you have some absent days or many sick days.

- No exit permit is required to leave the UAE.

- Accomodation is provided. It is high quality, locations are vary. You share with 1 or 2 other people, not more. After completing 5 years OR becoming SFS, single accomodation will be offered to you. All accomodations have nice pools and gyms, some of them have sauna, jacussi, squash court. You are entitled to use the gyms and pool areas of some hotels free of charge.

- Accomodation is fully furnished and equiped with fridge, washing and drying machines, oven and maybe dishwasher. (No TV, vacuum cleaner, iron, microwave, toaster is provided.) You don’t have to pay for water and electriciy or satelite. Local calls made from land-line are free but you will be charged for the internet. You can use skype but you need to download it abroad. Some homepages in the UAE are blocked. (To unblock: www.witopia.net (http://www.witopia.net) )

- You can move to another company provided accomodation free of charge during the first year. Moving costs you 1000 dhs after completing the first year.

- Accomodations are mixed. There are both male and female in all buildings. There are cabin crew and pilots and engineering and management mixed in some of the buildings. Apartments are only male or only female.

- Training courses are all mixed: male and female.

- You can have guest in your apartment, any gender. However, no outside guests are allowed between 1 a.m and 7 a.m. This rule is not applicable for Emirates cabin crew: any colleagaues of yours (male and female) can stay over unlimited.

- Female and male visitors can stay with you in your apartment up to 60 days per year. Even your friends (male and female) on visit visa can stay there if you mark them as cousin/cousin’s wife/cousin’s husband. Your parents, brother/sister, husband/wife obviously can visit you and stay at your place with the permission of your flatmate. Friends on residence visa (from the UAE) are not allowed to stay over night, permission to stay for days will be rejected.

- There is no curfew for Emirates cabin crew. You don’t have to be at the company accomodation if you don’t want to, nobody checks it. Spending the night outside company provided accomodation is allowed.

- You can be single or married at the time of joining.

- You can be a smoker when you join Emirates. You will be put in smoking or non-smoking accomodation, it’s upon your request. Smoking and drinking alcohol is allowed inside Emirates provided apartments.

- You can get married any time, even during your first contract. You don’t need approval from the company to get married. A cabin crew and a pilot or two flight attendants are allowed to get married and both can stay employed with Emirates. Married crew must move out from company provided accomodation if spouse resides in Dubai. If your husband is a pilot, you will stay in company provided accomodation (villa) but you are not eligible for living-out allowance.

- You can move out from company accomodation any time, even right after completing your training. (Note: Living-out allowance is no longer available for single cabin crew.) Married people (male and female) get living out allowance and transport allowance which is appr. 45,000 dhs per year for G2s, G1s and FG1s and around 65,000 dhs per year for SFSs and Pursers. You can get a 25,000 dhs interest free loan to furnish your apartment. There is no company povided accomodation available for couples.

- You are allowed to get pregnant in wedlock, you won’t be fired but you will get maternity leave. Your maternity leave is unpaid, however you can keep your FACE card (discounts) and you can still use staff travel. You have to come back on-line 5 months after childbirth.

- You don’t have to take company transport (crew bus) to and from work if you don’t want to. You can take your own car, you can be driven by your boy-friend or go by taxi: it’s up to you.

- You are allowed to call sick. Note from the Emirates Clinic is only required if you have more than 7 sick days in a row. 15 sick days each year are paid, further more 15 sick days are half-paid, more than that are not paid. You are fully covered in case of industrial injury.

- You have medical insurance when on duty, it’s called SOS. You have category „C” health insurance when in Dubai. You are not covered when on vacation.

- You are allowed to have alcohol and pork in your accomodation. You can drink alcohol and eat pork in Dubai. Pork is available in some of the supermarkets, alcohol can be bought in MMI. Aparments can be searched by security only if there is a tip (usually by a „good” friend or flatmate) that drugs can be found inside the apartment.

- You can buy alcohol in Duty Free (any) and bring it through customs. They don’t even check if you have liquor licence, you only have to be concerned about the amount of alcohol you take with you. (Max. 4 litres of wine or 2 litres of spirit.)

- You can also buy alcohol in Dubai, in MMI (MMI :: Welcome (http://www.mmidubai.com) ). You need to have a liquor licence which can be provided to all non-muslim crew.

- You can drink alcohol in any bar, nobody asks for your ID. It’s OK to get drunk but there is zero tollerance if driving. If you get tested by the police and there is alcohol in your blood, you will go to jail.

- You can have a relationship and date any men, you can sleep at your boy-friend’s place if you want. There is absolutely no problem to date pilots or fellow cabin crew.

- If your boyfriend is a pilot, you can stay over at his place, even if it’s company provided accomodation. Pilots are not allowed to stay at your place, though.

- There is a clear hierarchy: you start in economy class (G2) and go to business class (G1), then first class (FG1), then SFS, then Purser. Your basic salary and flying pay gets higher at each step. Promotions are based on your attendance and performance. (If you have good appraisals and 2-3 sick days a year, you should be fine. If you have an absent day and you failed your last SEP, don’t even bother to apply for upgrade.) Your basic salary goes up every year if there is a pay-rise.

- You won’t get fired over 40 at Emirates. You can be a cabin crew at Emirates up to 55 years old. There is plenty of opportunity to progress or change your career if you plan to work at Emirates long-term. However, you need to have a good performance record and appropriate previous experience and education.

- Flying pay is from chock-off until chock-on. You are not paid for your duty hours, they pay you for your actual flying hours.

- Meal Allowances are paid on layovers in local currency according to the number of meals. It’s more than enough to eat, you can save if you want.

- You can swap up to 15 days of your monthly roster. Your roster will be given on the Cabin Crew Portal. You get a comapny e-mail account, you bid on the Portal, you swap, you can check your flights, the loads, staff travel, learning moduls, your seniority, service updates, SEP tests to practise, grooming manual, management, news, everything. It's fantastic! Nothing is on paper any more.

- New-joiners are not allowed to bid or swap during probation (6 months from the date of joining).

- You will have 8-12 days off in a roster. You can have up to 4-5 days off in a row. (If you can swap your flight, you can make it even longer.)

- You have 30 days annual leave. You need to take at least 5 days in one. There always must be one day off following your leave. You can always extand your leave by requesting off days before and after your vacation.

- There is no standby duties in an average roster like at many other airlines. Every 7th month is reserve month when you get an empty roster: you will have airport-standby, home-standby and some duties will be assigned a couple days ahead.

- Airport standby and home standby are paid duty days. You are also paid when you are at school to do your recurrent SEP or your upgrade course.

- If you were previously employed by Qatar Airways, you need to wait 11 months before applying to Emirates. It has to be 12 months gap between the date of resignation at Qatar and the date of joining at Emirates.

- You will have travel discounts. Unlimited id90 and id50 tickets with Emirates after probation. Plus unlimited flyzed tickets after completing 1 year of service. Your spouse and kids gets unlimited id90, id50 and flyzed tickets, as well, after you completed 1 year with Emirates. Your parents and sister/brother are eligible for 1 id90 and 1 id50 ticket each year.

- You are entitled to 10 wider eligibility subload tickets per year after completing 1 year of service.

- If you become Purser, you (and your spouse and kids) can travel in Business Class on Emirates.

- You are eligible for 1 full-fair, cofirmed ticket per year. It’s called the Annual Leave Ticket. Your annual leave destination can only be changed after completing your first 3-year-contract. After that, you can change the destination each year.

- You are eligible for 1 SRC ticket per year after compelting your 3-year-contract with Emirates. This ticket is a subload ticket, free of charge, you only need to pay the taxes. After 10 years of service, you are eligible for 2 tickets. After completing 15 years, one of these tickets will be confirmed.

- You will have lots of discounts in Dubai with your FACE card, crew24 card and Emirates card. You can eat and drink in lots of restaurants and bars and get 20-50% discount. You will also get discounts in spas and stores. You will have 20-50% discount on food and beverage in the crew hotels during layovers. You will have 10-20% discount in Duty Free across the world.

verito
31st May 2010, 04:20
hey guys!!
hope everybody's doing fine! :ok:

I'm still working on my medicals, I almost have everything!
but for some reason, it won't allow me to upload docs to the portal that are not on pdf format (which means I cannot upload .doc or .jpg files..) does anyone know why is this?

TIP: I recently found out from a fellow wannabe that if you upload your forms little by little, you get your final approval faster, since she did not wait to upload them altogether, and when she uploaded the last one, she had the approval 2 hrs later!! :) hope it helps!

ekfingerscrossed
31st May 2010, 04:45
Thanks for the tip, it kinda makes sense, since they would have time to process the documents as and when they receive it, and once they got the last bit of info, give you final approval :ok:

I'm going to try out your tip.

PS: I had no problems uploading .pdf and .doc files onto the portal

Montreal76
31st May 2010, 08:20
Your Parents, Brothers and Sisters are actually entitled to 2 ID90s and unlimited ID 50s per year (amended since last year), for Zed Fare tickets it depends on the carier, most usually are limited to spouses, children and parents, some, like British Airways extends it to sibblings. Benefits kick in after your probation period. How ever after 3 months we were granted the use of 1 ID90 and ID50.

We were also obliged to take half of our leave in for the first half of the year, even if we would still be in probation. Of course this changes with operational needs of the company. I know a few new joiners who just passed the 3 months line and were awarded their 15 days leave !

Good Luck to all !

kontesa
31st May 2010, 20:02
I dont think loading the medicals step by step will do the trick ... i did it myself and it did not change anything for me. Most of my medicals i uploaded on the 14 th and one missing doc on the 19th and im still waiting. I think it strictly depends on your starting date.... mine is in august and i think thats why it takes so long for me as im not in the priority queue.

Drina-F1J1
31st May 2010, 22:15
[Text speak]

paul_ve
1st Jun 2010, 03:28
Hi everyone!

Has anyone with DOJ 5th July uploaded all the medicals? Has anyone got them approved?

I uploaded all my medicals on May, 19th and still no answer... :sad:

elsbeth
1st Jun 2010, 11:38
Hi guys, could anyone give me a hand...? I was wandering if its ok to upload the ophtalmic report in blank, since in the medical requirements says that you should complete it only if you need to wear glasses or contact lenses and i dont. Its a bit confusing coz if you dont upload it, will be pending so dont know what to do... can some one enlighten me? :8
Thanks!

verito
1st Jun 2010, 12:15
I was wondering the same thing!! do we upload it blank? if anybody has info on this, please let us know!! :O

Madelie
1st Jun 2010, 12:17
Hi guys,

I’ve just found out that Emirates is planning an Open Day in Krakow, Poland on 31st July 2010. I’d really like to attend it, but the problem is that I’ll be missing 20 days from my 6 month waiting period. Should I go? I don’t think they’ll come back to Krakow anytime soon, as they haven’t been recruiting here since June 2007.

kontesa
1st Jun 2010, 12:39
Hi guys

with the report no need to upload it blank i called emirates in regards to that. Their system will notify them when the rest of the docs is uploaded :)

iio78
1st Jun 2010, 13:35
[Text speak]

Savannah85
1st Jun 2010, 15:06
Hi all,

I applied to Emirates months and months and months ago (November 2009 I think!!) - after a long time of my online application being "under review" I finally received an email this morning inviting me to attend a preliminary selection day here in Dubai on the 8th June.

Unfortunately, I recently signed up to do a 3-month work placement overseas and am fully committed to it, returning to Dubai in September. Is it possible for them to "hold" my invite to the assessment untill I get back in a few months time? Who would I contact to explain my situation? The email address in the invitation seems to be one to confirm attendance only... or would i just have to reapply all over again when I get back? Argh I'll be really annoyed if I miss this opportunity, I just assumed I hadn't been shortlisted after waiting for so long for any news or acknowledgement! And I am only due to leave just 2 days before the selection day!

Any advice would be really appreciated :) Thanks guys!

Javmvd
1st Jun 2010, 16:04
Hello everyone!

I have been reading the forum for a while, and finally decided to Register.
Huge tons of usefull information here. Thank you everybody for that! Great guidance!

I applied in 2008 and didnt make it, so I did again this year and got selected! :}

Had my final interview with Verito in Montevideo last April, and my DOJ is July 12th! Anyone else with the same date?

Keep trying everybody if this is really what you want to do!

Good luck to you all!

Javier!

zvrky
1st Jun 2010, 17:10
I got denied. :bored: :zzz: Because of not respecting the rule, ofclurse. But I was aware that could very happen... :cool:
I'm frustrated, but... :hmm:

amm, for you above, iio78: even though my recruiter liked me and everything, she advised to wait one year, so... There's your answer. What would happen: you'll just get yourself punked; you will be unsuccessful and will have to wait for another year.
Don't rush! So, wait for that infamous year!
Not a day earlier. (Maybe not that strict, but... it's better.)
Wait for how much is needed. Ambition is very good, excelent, I was like this, too, but apparently they have to respect the procedure they put. If they make an exception for me, for you... than there will be some Mike, Heder, Anna, Vladimir etc. Soon the rule would vanish. :p

I've learned now that my persistency and ambition is great, but what is also even more great is to control these and use it at the right time. At the right place. ;)

verito
1st Jun 2010, 18:03
kontesa: thanks for the reply on the ophtalmic report!!

I have one more question though...I got my OPT done, and I uploaded the certificate of dental health filled out by my dentist. Is that all they need for your teeth? because someone told me that he was looking for someone to do a report on the OPT, however I don't have one for mine. I've already uploaded the appendix 5, and they did not say anything yet in regards to that...:ugh:
Does anyone know?

thank you soo much!

Madelie
1st Jun 2010, 18:29
Do you think it’s a good idea to e-mail them and ask whether I could attend an Open Day if I have 20 more days to wait?

kontesa
1st Jun 2010, 21:18
With the dental they need to do 3 xrays of your teeth and based on that the doctor has to put information in the form if everything is ok. You need to get your teeth polished as well. And i think thats all. Then you take the xrays with you so they will check them anyway. I did not do anything else and it seems to be fine

Deniz Eduardo
2nd Jun 2010, 01:05
Hey there fellows,

First of all, I was reading some of your posts which were of great help! Cheers for such mutual advice. Seems like some new teammates are beggining to show up...

And so I was lucky enough to go through all stages and beyond the Golden Call since the AD in Mar del Plata on April 25th (anyone went to the same one?).

Now I have my Date of Joining scheduled on July 26th and everything seemed to go all right... :ok:

But I´ve noticed that many of you have talked about the Pre Employment Medical forms and Appendices which I looked for but could never access them through the link in the Candidates Portal... Then I asked the HR for them with no success at all. Would someone be so kind to mail them to me? :O

So far at this moment I´m unemployed and therefore I don´t have any health coverage which complicates all the examinations procedures economically speaking, specially if I have to translate them with an official translator later! Does any actual CC here had been reported of cases of self translated medical reports?

Hope you all finally succeed in the long way to DXB!

Thanks so much for the support

danieleb10
2nd Jun 2010, 01:18
Hey guys wanted to let you know that I got my A380 welcome email today. I was thinking I was going to be main fleet as I only have 5 days left to join, but surpriseeeeeeee got my email today, and I am very happy...

Wanted to let you guys know, for those who are waiting for this email, don't loose hope :D

verito
2nd Jun 2010, 03:20
congrats dany! wow that's really amazing...!
what do you think it depends on to be on the a380? I would love to be selected for it!
I just finished uploading all my medicals :) hope I get my resignation letter tomorrow morning since it's already 7 am in dubai!! hehe

Veronica :ok:

ally23x
2nd Jun 2010, 15:38
Hy!

Does anyone has any idea about how many people come to an Emirates open day in Belgrade or Krakow????

I am from Romania and want to try attending one of this 2 events, untill they will come to my country...

Thanx

Mari
2nd Jun 2010, 15:52
Belgrade: 300-500 people. (For more info: read back in this topic. There was an OD 30th September 2009, then in May 2010, I guess. Look for the posts.)

Krakow: no idea. Most likely a lot, as Poland has a big population and big unemployment rate, especially among young people.

iio78
2nd Jun 2010, 16:40
i have attended to a FI with emirates 8 months ago and failed. i received an invitation to go for the emirates interview in sofia this month.
my question is for all of you if i will go earlier then one year what could happen?
please advice

ally23x
2nd Jun 2010, 20:15
Thank you...And I thought...hey I get the chance to ask something that no one else asked, seeing that each day i read something i already know :p but i had only read this tread...and is the forth :D ...

:ugh: 300-500 ... but, is this much? ... meaning how many interviewers are?

And generally how many people do they take from an OD?

Thanks once again Mari...and many thank for your posts!!

em237
2nd Jun 2010, 20:43
There was an open day this past weekend in my city, and I went, even though it hadn't yet been six months. Just my luck, one of the recruiters was the same as last time!! At the initial CV drop, I ended up with the other recruiter and she didn't ask me if I had applied before. However, because I recognised the original recruiter and there were less people at the open day this time than last (so more chance that she would recognise me!), I felt that I had to disclose from the start that I had gone to an open day less than six months ago. I thought that there *might* the chance that they would let me stay or at the very least, they would recognise that I was very interested in the job since I was so keen to go to the open day. Of course, I was told that I needed to wait six months. The recruiter was kind enough to cross my name off her list and she gave me back my CV and photo - she mentioned that this way there would be no record of me being there, so I assume that they must have records somewhere, of when and where people attended open days, that they must check. In any case, I ended up going home straight away, rather than sitting through the next part where they told us about Emirates, etc.

It was really disappointing to go home at the very start, but of course, it wasn't nearly as disappointing as perhaps having gone through the whole open day to then find out that I was disqualified due to re-appying too soon - and then having to wait an additional six months, a year, etc.

So, iio78, I would advise that you do wait, I'm afraid!

Madelie - it might be beneficial to call up and ask. I'm not sure if they count actual "days" - ie, my recruiter just asked me the month I had applied (February) and then counted six months from then, telling me I had to wait until August - so, it might be that if you go a few days (or perhaps 20 days) earlier it's fine, since it it is technically still the time period. But perhaps better to ask, just to be sure!

Hope that helps.

cielazur
2nd Jun 2010, 22:31
Somebody correct me, but if I remember right, if you are unsuccessful on an Open Day (CV stage) then the waiting period doesn't apply. If you are called after the Open Day to attend the Assessment Day and are not successful, then the 6 month waiting period applies. If unsuccessful at Final Interview stage, then you will have to wait one year before applying.

Drina-F1J1
2nd Jun 2010, 22:31
I attended a FI and waiting for the golden call... My status on my account is Approval in Progress...and Closing - Closed.. I notice alot of others have under review... anyone know if there is a difference?? :)

danieleb10
3rd Jun 2010, 02:37
Hi Vero,

thank you very much :)

To be honest with you I have no idea what they look for, I do know there are certain criterias, but who knows?

I would say that if you wish to be on 380 write to your recruitment mananger, and if you don't have direct contact do it so with a coordinator or recruitment officer. You would probably have more chances if they know you are interested :)

Good luck

Dany :)

ekfingerscrossed
3rd Jun 2010, 08:41
Submitted all my medical forms two days ago, now it's another waiting game.. I reckon this part is the hardest, when you're so close.. yet there still seems to be a chasm between candidates and fulfilment of their dreams..

My medicals were all ok (well the doctor signed the form), can anybody say if I could still be rejected at this point? :eek:

kontesa
3rd Jun 2010, 10:21
Guys would you have any secret contact for Emirates? i try to call them on all numbers. I have mailed them from candidate portal and to the mail we send docs to and nothing......
i need my approval by the 10th of June im really running out of time here and starting to worry ....

Would any of you have any other number for them then the ones listed below: +97147081563 / +91747081564 /
+97147081545 / +97147081838 / +97147081562 / +97147081559

Thanks for help

blueskys23
3rd Jun 2010, 14:58
Hey congrats to everyone that has got their golden calls!!!:ok:

I'm still unfortunately waiting for it:):):)

Just wanted to know if anyone went for their FI on the 11th 12th or 13th in london???

x

danieleb10
3rd Jun 2010, 15:07
Hey Kontesa, don't worry, they seem to to everything last minute, but it gets done. I am 4 days away from flying and got an email saying my resignation letter was not accepted. I tried calling, emailing, and nothing... but at the end they sent me an email and my ticket...

I guess they are really busy, and are getting people out of the way prioritizing DOJ.

Try reaching your coordinator directly, I would say that is the best shoot

Good luck ;)

kontesa
3rd Jun 2010, 16:21
Would you know the direct emails for the recruiters?
My recruiters name is Sandie Mazen Khawam. I just tried to mail her Sandie. Khawam @emirates. com....... i just hope it goes this way .... well it didnt bounced back

If any of you have a direct email please post it! Just not the general one
Thanks a lot!!!

lola81
3rd Jun 2010, 17:22
hi,
i'm a bit confused. you got an invitation email 8 months later? if this is so then why would you question not going. as have been stated here they have records of who have applied before and how long they should normally wait.

BUT YOU GOT AN INVITATION EMAIL. do you think that they would make a mistake!... or emailing you was intentional !... they want YOU to attend.

at the very lease you have a wonderful excuse for attending only 8 months later. go for it! YOU WERE INVITED !

kontesa
3rd Jun 2010, 18:14
Hey Lola81

i wouldnt be so sure with this invitation..... probably its automatically generated by the system and has nothing to do with the waiting period.
The way it usually works is this: system finds people who live in the area then a list is created and email is send to all of them ..... they would not check each single account separately to see if the person can apply or not. Thats from my own experience as i used to work a bit in recruitment.

Besides for instance i got email that i have to load my security documents and they were loaded on the portal for like 3 weeks already.... so as you can see this can not be really trusted.

Javmvd
3rd Jun 2010, 20:55
Congrats for the A380!! Sounds incredible!

DenizEduardo, just sent you msj regarding medicals.

About contacting HR...I´ve read once and again that they are pretty unreachable.. But keep trying!!! :ok:

louise OZ
4th Jun 2010, 00:06
I am wondering, how long it takes to get my travel arrangements & accomodation sent through to me.

My DOJ is 14th June, I uploaded my resignation letter on the 25th May and still I haven't heard anything for my travel arrangements.

My Induction Officer is Muriel, but I can't contact her as the second page on the portal is blank

I hope you can shed some light.

Thanks in advance:confused::confused::confused:

Mari
4th Jun 2010, 07:22
14 June? Don't worry, you'll get it latest till 13th June.

ThatRedHatGirl
4th Jun 2010, 08:33
Hi Louise Oz, my DOJ is also June 14. Where are you flying from? (PM if you like)

I was worried that I had not yet got accomm details, but I suppose they might be waiting for someone to move out and an apartment to become available before they can tell us this. I am sure there are a lot of factors that come into play, so we should stop worrying!! :)

Mari, your advice has been very helpful, especially the part quoted just previous by another poster. Can you tell me, is all that still applicable (eg visitors in apartments etc)

I have also been assigned to the A380, have you any specific advice for us for the A380- do you fly A380 fleet?

Anyway would love to hear from anyone else also joining on June 14, especially anyone else living in Australia!!!

ekfingerscrossed
4th Jun 2010, 08:44
I have been reading posts in another forum for QR, and apparently it seems that they are very very strict with their medicals, everything has to be within the 'normal' range for haematology, can't even have slight deviations of H and L values.

I have a few Hs and Ls on my test report, I wonder how strict is EK about this?

I'm panicking..!

Ekhopeful
4th Jun 2010, 12:51
[Text speak]

verito
4th Jun 2010, 14:49
hello everyone?! how have you all been doing?

dany: thanks! I'll try to send a query in regards to that, so my HR coordinator sees it.

ekfingerscrossed: I'm waiting for the approval of my medicals and uploaded everything 2 days ago as well...! My DOJ is June 28th they need to give me the approval to resign ASAP!! when are you joining?
I'm nervous about it, too. So I started questioning if they would reject my medicals, even if everything seemed ok, I guess it's just because I'm so anxious. So don't worry!! Relax, you'll get the approval soon.
I understand how you feel, believe me.

But that's a valid question that you asked...has anyone been rejected after submitting the medicals? does anybody know?

thanks you guys!!!:ok:

EJD
4th Jun 2010, 16:16
What exactly is involved with medicals??

Do people with medical conditions still get passed?

Thanks in advance :ugh:

ThatRedHatGirl
4th Jun 2010, 17:45
EJD, it would depend on the medical condition. There are some things which are allowed if manageable (e.g. asthma) but in other cases it might depend on the individual case. If you are not sure I would ask your doctor to write a report, I had some minor issues with the eye exam but the opthalmologist just wrote an explanation & treatment on the form and they accepted it.

Can anyone tell me, about credit cards in Dubai? I know there is no such thing as 'bankrupt' in Dubai, so one must be careful not to get into debts they cannot pay. I have a credit card with a thousand owing on it (from medical expenses etc) that I am going to pay off while I work, will this be a problem? The card was issued in my home country and there is no problem with the bank. I assume that this is only a problem if you run up the debt in Dubai and then cannot repay it. Can anyone confirm it please? Thank you!! :)

ekfingerscrossed
4th Jun 2010, 23:31
Thanks for your words of support, I guess we are all in the same boat at one point or another, and this waiting is just making it that much harder! I also have things to settle if I should get final approval (shipping of personal effects, selling the car etc..)

I'll keep you guys updated!

Javmvd
4th Jun 2010, 23:46
I totally agree with you. I have uploaded everything but vaccination as I have to wait untill next week, cause I got the Yellow Fever one, and had to wait 21 days to get the others. And I thought that maybe it would be odd to upload everything and then stop for two weeks?... :}

Thing is that one start to speculate...and too much thinking... Its just anxiety.

Just breath; it´s been a looong process, and every single step is a new story. Best thing to do, is to learn from each one.

Breath, fingers crossed, relax and just enjoy each step of this journey everyone :ok:

wings1989
5th Jun 2010, 10:34
Did anyone do Malta OD on the 29th ? Is anyone from malta on this forum ? This emirates waiting thing is a killer !!

elsbeth
5th Jun 2010, 16:28
hi guys! I was wondering if any of you would could tell me what are the layovers at the moment. I have been reading throught the posts but they seem too old so I guess most of them have change and became turnaround :suspect:
I would like to know which are the 8 famous destinations of the 380 as well...
Thanks a lot and see you soon!

Mari
5th Jun 2010, 16:46
EMIRATES A380

The Emirates A380 | Our Fleet | Flying with Emirates | Emirates Australia (http://www.emirates.com/au/english/flying/our_fleet/emirates_a380/emirates_a380.aspx)

For the destinations:

Emirates A380 Flight Schedule | The Emirates A380 | Our Fleet | Flying with Emirates | Emirates Australia (http://www.emirates.com/au/english/flying/our_fleet/emirates_a380/emirates_schedule/emirates_flight_schedule.aspx)

Emirates layovers

Accra
Amsterdam
Auckland
Bangkok
Beijing
Birmingham
Brisbane
Cape Town
Casablanca
Christchurch
Colombo
Dar es Salaam
Dhaka
Durban
Dusseldorf
Entebbe
Frankfurt
Glasgow
Guangzhou
Hamburg
Hongkong
Houston
Jakarta
Johannesburg
Kolkata
Kuala Lumpur
Lagos
London Gatwick
London Heathrow
Los Angeles
Luanda
Malta
Manchester
Manila
Mauritius
Melbourne
Milan
Moscow
Munich
Nairobi
New York
Newcastle
Nice
Osaka
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Sao Paulo
Seoul
Seychelles
Shanghai
Singapore
Sydney
Toronto
Tripoli
Tunis
Venice
Vienna
Zurich

- updated 06/2010

EJD
5th Jun 2010, 16:53
Hey there everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I applied online to attend an Open day and registered. I received an email saying that they have my application and will be in touch if they are interested.

I then logged into my account again today and it says I have not applied for any jobs. Is this normal???

I went to register it again and all the info was blank???

Do I have to re- register?? I'm a bit confused? :ugh:

Thanks in advance.

:\

elsbeth
5th Jun 2010, 19:51
Wow, they are quite a lot! I think I would rather go to main fleet... I reckon is good I cant choose because I wouldnt be sure of whats the best option...
Thanks Mari, you are priceless in this forum! :ok:

winend
5th Jun 2010, 20:08
[Text speak]

Javmvd
5th Jun 2010, 21:03
EJD:

Maybe the website is not functioning correcly. I would wait for an answer and/or tray again later.

elsbeth

Agree with you about Mari.

pokes
5th Jun 2010, 21:24
Hi everyone! I got my Golden Call today. 11:53am GMT! To be frank, I don't remember what my coordinator said. All I remember is that I will be sent an email in a couple of days. Anyone with DOJ 19th July?

Mari, should I wait for the email or i can start with medicals as soon as possible? Thanks for all your answers. They are awesome!

elsbeth
5th Jun 2010, 22:23
Sorry I forgot to ask; how long are the layovers? I heard most of them are 24h or minimum rest even! Is it true? Do you have any 48 or more? And if you do, do you get them ocasionally or it would just be a miracle?
Thanksss sso much!

Milena
5th Jun 2010, 22:28
Congratulations Pokes!! :ok:

Milena
5th Jun 2010, 22:38
Hi elsbeth, the layover duration depends on your flight hours. It is ilegal to send you for example on a 14 hours flight and not giving you a rest. So you can realize that if you are going to a far place you will get more hours to rest than going to a near place. There are exceptions also, and you are going to learn all at the college. :ok:

MirlanB
5th Jun 2010, 23:30
Hi Everybody!
I got like this message when I opened my account
"You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest"
Does anybody know after how long they will contact?

Javmvd
6th Jun 2010, 02:32
MirlanB

It is just a matter of days. It depends on your availability to leave, and how busy they are.

Hope you get the call super soon! :ok:

Layovers: So exciting :)!!

pokes
6th Jun 2010, 09:01
Thanks Milena!

Anyone with DOJ 19th July? Do let me know!

HiflierEK
6th Jun 2010, 09:21
Can anyone tell me how they give you your final approval ? Is it a call, e-mail or through the portal ? Thanks

blue____
6th Jun 2010, 10:53
Nightstops are indeed minimum rest, and you will be doing only A380, ie lhr man jed etc etc... on the plane, you are simply a slave, hat if a pax asks you to lick their feet, you have to do it... The company recruits constantly because they say they are expanding (and yes they do), but the real reason is that hundreds of crew are leaving every day because of the rediculous working conditions. No matter how high in sh.zayed your flat is and how glitzzy the life style, well nothing is free, you pay for it when you are onboard...

before you go I would advise you to check a few posts in the EK cabin crew forum, so you will be prepared for what is waiting for you...and have another thought...( read the post about the irish girl that got fired after giving birth in her crew hotel in JNB, or about the indian couple that got jailed because they exchanged sms that revealed intentions to commit sin and offend islam)

Please write your comments after your suppy, or after you do a BOM turnaround! can't wait!

you are bonded for the first 6 months so you cannot go unless you pay them.

elsbeth
6th Jun 2010, 12:53
Blue, you are clearly unhappy, so if you are still ek crew I recommend you to leave as people like you bring bad karma to the aircraft...
Im crew flying in the middle east and I know all the sides of the job, but you are clearly discouraging the wannabies with your comments as everything you say is just negative.
I have never lick any feet and not planning to do it, as is not my duty.

Mari
6th Jun 2010, 13:13
Blue from Great-Britain,

Living in Dubai and working for Emirates is quite shocking for some people. I think around 10% of new-joiners resign during the training and another 20% during the probation.

It's well-known that the turnover rate at Emirates is highest among Australians and British. However, lots of them work as a cabin crew for years and become purser, trainer, recruiter or cabin crew manager.

I hope you will find a much better job in your home country and you won't be treated like a slave in your new position and... Oh, I just read back your posts. Very interesting! So, you wrote in 2008 that you used to work for Emirates 5 years before (around 2002-3 then) and got fired after working 18 months for the company. And you were interested to re-join Emirates in 2008. So, what happened??? (You were quite concerned about your old file in your post. Why?) Did you expact better treatment due to your flying experience or your age??? Did you think that conditions got better since you left? Honestly, you should have known better... After all, you are 32 and a cabin crew for so many years. Working conditions are worsening every day world wild in the aviation industry.

I see you were interested in NetJets Europe, as well. Did you miss the news about the economy crisis and the conditions in private flying?

If you are with Emriates and you are not able to leave because you need this job, you MUST change your attitude. You are way too bitter and life is short.

ThatRedHatGirl
6th Jun 2010, 13:35
Blue, of course there will be unpleasant aspects of the job. There are bad points to every job. No matter where you work there will be bad days, a job is what you make it. If you come to work not being negative, do what you are required and have your fun on your time off then there is not much more you can do.

As for the girl who got fired, well it is a well known fact that if you live in an Islamic countryyou are not allowed to have a baby if you are unmarried, that was her choice so of course the consequences must follow. Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse so we should do our best to read about what is expected of us before we go.

I am so tired of people from Western countries complaining because they don't like the rules of other cultures. It's called respect and without getting into a huge debate (that is not my intention) we are not being forced to work for Emirates. As Mari says, some people are not suited to the job. We cannot know this until we try. Maybe you did not like it there but you cannot speak for everyone. By all means give your viewpoint but do not discourage others from trying it, it is a decision up to all of us.

I am planning to go to Dubai with an open mind and give it a chance by my own personal experience before I just write the place off as a 'third world country' like so many other people do. Maybe it is, but I'd like to know it for myself instead of just believing everything we read.

You can leave during probation, just be prepared to pay back some costs. I don't think that is so unreasonable considering the amount of money EK are spending on accommodation, training etc.

blue____
6th Jun 2010, 14:09
First of all, I did not get fired, I left as my wife got pregnant and at the time there was no maternity leave. After four years, my wife got her job back, so I was considering rejoining. But thank god I didnt as I got promoted to the company that i work for now.

What i say it may be negative but true. And I challenge anyone who has done the 504 or 001 to come and tell me if it is fun... I know the truth hurts...

come on guys! any pleasant experiences from the lhr 001, bom, or even worse dac? come on bring it on!

I would never encourage anyone to apply for them, unless I did not like them.

Anyway, i was just posting my opinion but since Mari very kindly has made me look ridiculous by laughing ironically when publishing my posts, i had to defend myself.

To all of you who go, good luck and see you back in europe soon

dumor
6th Jun 2010, 14:22
Hello!
Can anybody help me?
I currently got offer to work with Emirates, at the same time as with Etihad. I need to decide as soon as possible. Can anyone help me somehow regarding this?
It might not seem so important question for you, but it is significant decision, because it will determin the next few years of my life.

You can send me even pm.

Thank you in advance!

blue____
6th Jun 2010, 15:04
Choose EY... better salary, and you are not restricted to one aircraft type. You get to live quite far from the city centre, but the atmosphere is much better, accomodation larger and in general you spend more time downroute... if you want log on to skytrax and check passengers comments for both airlines... it may help you decide... just an idea! good luck...

TO MARI:

Sweetheart, although I never intended, I have read your posts and yourself, were looking for info on netjets in 2008, then amiri on 2009 and you failed to get the job... Why did you even bother, since you seem soooo happy in EK???

Mari
6th Jun 2010, 15:17
For the money!!!!!!! I was only interested in the Middle-East (and only one airline) but I like to know about other airlines as well. Yes, right now I'm happy with Emirates. I don't say that I wouldn't be happier with a bigger pay-rise but there's not much to do.

I know people from Etihad and my friend just spent a week with us here, in Dubai. She shared with me lots of gossips but I'm not going to write down everything, obviously.

I'm not sure if the money is better at Etihad but if people say so... I think the basic is 2500 dhs during propation and 3500 dhs afterwards. The hourly pay is 44 dhs if I remember well. The meal allowance is NOT paid in cash outstations - like at Emirates - but it comes with your salary. (The amount depends on the hours you spent abroad.) Upgrades are slow - as far as I've heard - if you don't have previous flying experience. Anyways, they are planning to change the upgrade-system or something... One of my friends is F and B manager (one of the first ones!), her salary has not gone up in the last 2 and a half years. There is no profit share as a bonus but there used to be 13th month salary. It was not given to cabin crew in 2009. (Bonus was paid to all other employees, I heard.) Cost-cutting kicked in at Etihad, as well.

There is no maternity leave at Etihad. At Emirates: unpaid maternity leave is from pregnancy until 5 month after childbirth.

Athmosphere at Etihad? I'm sure that some people are happy, some are not that happy. Those couple hundred people (I think 3-400, just rumours) who got fired - contracts were not extended - are not very pleased now... I don't think that this move creates a nice athmosphere.

Athmosphere at Emirates? Well, I'm happy but... What I see and hear: the most complaints from new-joiners: 1. Horrible accomodation - meaning: area, shared bathroom, bad flatmates, thin walls etc. 2. The job is dirty, passengers are very demanding, work is very tiring, too many call bells, seniors are strict etc. 3. It's hot, it's desert, it's dusty. The other stuff - handling sick days and other issues by management, delayed upgrades - is coming later. It could be shocking to live in a muslim country, as well. Actually, Abu Dhabi is said to be more conservative than Dubai.

About the accomodation at Etihad: they emptied and closed 8 crew buildings in the city already. Everyone has to move - sooner or later - to the new compaund right next to the airport. No idea how the new apartments are.

You can get discounted tickets at both companies. At Etihad, you get 10 id90s and you can give them to friends. At Emirates, you can have 10 wider eligibility id90s for relatives (cousins etc.), you can order them when there is promotion (3-4 times a year for some weeks). Those tickets are valid on Emirates for 3 months. At Emirates, you get 2 id50 and 2 id90 per year for the parents, brother/sister. It's unlimited id and flyzed tickets for husband and kids - only after 1 year of service.

Etihad has A320s, as well. Small, cute aircraft. Emirates only flies big aircrafts. There won't be any more A330s soon (well, let's say in 3-4 years), more A380s are arriving (more long-haul destinations!!!) and later (from 2014-16?) the new A350s are coming. The Airbus fleet will be bigger in the future than the Boeing fleet. Big aircraft: LOTS OF PASSENGERS, LOTS OF WORK.

Actually, I think the passenger profile is totally the same. Not much difference, honestly: very demanding people. My friend has just done a Chicago flight - crewing didn't even called her that her original flight was taken - because of a 12-hour-delay. She was out of her mind after the flight... On the top of everything: they had 14 hours rest in Chicago, in the Airport hotel. Easily could happen with Emirates, as well. Nowadays, it's considered totally normal that you get ONE off day after a SYD-AKL flight (it's a 6-day-trip and you arrive back to Dubai in the morning).

At Etihad CMs (Cabin Manager) and F and B managers fly a lot right now, there is not enough. One of my friends (FA) who works in pearl class complains all the time that she doesn't fly enough. (I love her rosters!!! She doesn't...) She usually fly 60-80 hours per month, nice layovers, 1-3 turnarounds. They have shorter European layovers as well, sometimes they do back to back Londons or Frankfurts etc. They have standby duties - 1-5 days usually - in the roster. (NOT like Emirates: every 7th month is Reserve at EK when you get a blank roster.) Rosters could change quite often.

At Emirates: everybody fly a lot. However, my flatmate had one single flight during her Reserve month. Generally, we fly 85-110 hours in a full (no leave, no sick) month.

Etihad doesn't have such a Cabin Crew Portal like Emirates, most of the stuff goes on paper. There is less crew, less employees, if you know the right people, you can have great rosters. I think they take Sick days more seriously than Emirates. If you have a no-show, you are marked absent and they remove your whole roster as a punishment.

According to my friend they are not hiring any more married people but maybe it's a rumour... However, you can get married any time. You can move out but you only get living-out allowance if you are married. (Like at Emirates.) You need to live in Abu Dhabi, living in Dubai is not allowed any more. If you are in company accomodation, no visitors are allowed after 1am. (Cabin crew - male and female - can stay over at each other's accomodation at Emirates, it's not allowed any more at Etihad.)

Consider where you want to live, as well. Some people love Abu Dhabi, some people don't. I think it's much more to do in Dubai but it's only my opinion. Emirates cabin crew get lots of discounts in Dubai (FACE card, crew24 card, Emirates ID) but I never heard that Etihad crew gets discounts in bars, restaurants and clubs in Abu Dhabi. (Maybe they have, I just don't know. Actually, lots of them don't know that they can use the crew24 card and receive discounts in many places in Dubai.)

- Etihad crew might correct some of the written above. Feel free to comment. -

Good luck with your decision!

Saab Dastard
6th Jun 2010, 17:20
Mari, blue____,

Please refrain from the personal sniping. The rule here is "play the ball, not the man (or woman)".

SD

MirlanB
7th Jun 2010, 10:46
[Text speak]

EKwanabe
7th Jun 2010, 14:20
hi, all.
I just got my medical section completed and checked according to my portal today. It took only 7 days to be completed after I uploaded everything last Monday. (after 7weeks for first golden call, 7 days felt like a second!)

I am sorry if this question has been already asked and answerd before but I am just curious to know how long it usually takes to get the "ok to resign call" after your medical section in the portal get checked and completed.

I heard from someone this "2nd golden call" exists and this call usually means you now can resign from your current employer and must upload your resignation letter. And this is actual call you get from HR coordinator, no email or portal site update. Is this true?

I still have 28 days before joining(DOJ July 5), but I would just like to prepare for stuffs.

Thanks in advance

paul_ve
7th Jun 2010, 14:29
Hi,

Anyone else with DOJ July, 5th has got their medicals approved?

I´m still waiting :ugh:

Maya1985
7th Jun 2010, 14:33
Hi i had my FI on 29th and my friends around me start to recieving GC.
they told me their status became Applied to approval in progress,
then finally they couldnt login to the site.
the message was shown <you will be contacted at the earliest.>

My friends who attend to the FI on same day with me,
he recieved a GC today...Im start to getting worry.
Why my status havent change yet??

does it usually takes 1 or 2 weeks to get a GC?

does anyone recieved GC after 2 weeks of the FI?

kontesa
7th Jun 2010, 17:04
Got my final approval just today :)))) yey!!!!! after 3 weeks of waiting and pushing them i have it :) so relieved :D

verito
7th Jun 2010, 17:08
congrats!!!:D did they e-mail you?
wow I'm still waiting for my 'ok to resign'...I'm going to call them tonight since there are 20 days left for me to leave!!
grrrrrrrr!!!

kontesa
7th Jun 2010, 17:53
i got an email and the info on the candidate portal

my start date is in August but i needed approval now .. dont even ask how much i had to push them ;) but sorted so worth it :D

Javmvd
7th Jun 2010, 19:49
EKwannabe, kontesa

Congratulations for Final Approvals! =D :ok:

My DOJ is July 5th as well!

paul_ve

I wont be much of a help...I have uploaded everything but Vaccinations, since I have to wait till next Friday. I got the Yellow Fever weeks ago, and I have to wait 21 days to get the others.

Verito

You will get it! Soon !! :)

verito
8th Jun 2010, 10:00
haha thanks javi, my patience is just not very good!

I actually just spoke to them because I called them, (I was able to get thru this morning, because I called soooo many times to all the numbers last night you don't even know!) and they said 'oh, do you need to give final notice?' which sort of irritated me, since I clarified that on EVERY single sheet of paper they gave me to fill out AND during my GC!! :ugh:
Anyway...she said she would take a 'quick glance' at my medicals to see if they are ok, and I will have an answer by today...hopefully this will happen, though I don't trust them anymore! :suspect: haha

I'll let you all know how it goes...!!!! :)

MirlanB
8th Jun 2010, 10:01
Hi Everybody!!!

I really need your advice....3 weeks before I got an email that I've been succesfull, and about 10 days already how my Emirates account got blocked showing this message "You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest", but I'm still waiting. And how do you think is it OK if I will send them a message in regards of processing of my applications. Or you suggest me just to wait without writing them anything??? :confused:

hopefulke
8th Jun 2010, 12:06
hey guys. i have read the whole thread till my eyes cant read no more.i applied to EK three months ago and my status changed to status under review..i applied for both the kenyan and ugandan AD so i am definately crossing my fingers and hoping for the best...i want this bad..two of my friends are already in training...many thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences.it had definately been a great help...now i can say i'm prepared and with a little bit of luck on my side,i will ace it...
congratulations:ok: to everyone who has made it to eks employees list.hope to join all y'all.:cool:

primv
8th Jun 2010, 17:34
[Text speak]

kracza
8th Jun 2010, 17:52
Hi guys
Do you think its good idea to write them and ask/told about my interested at A380s fleet or they just only chose some people to fly on A380s?
Thanks for answer.

RayhanBD
8th Jun 2010, 18:07
Yesterday I got my medical approval. After 8th day of uploaded all medical document. They send me message in my cell phone "You have now obtained final approval" also send me mail.:ok::ok::ok::ok:

I am currently unemployed, and my candidate portal showing resignation is completed. Training Induction also completed. So now it is only waiting for e-ticket and visa.

Javmvd
8th Jun 2010, 20:01
Verito: ommmmmmmmm :}

Mirlan B: Just relax and enjoy the free time...they are currently very busy. But as it says: "You wll be contacted.."

hopefulke: best of lucks!

kracza: Im not really sure about that..

RayhanBD: Congratulations!
:ok:

jamesmo
9th Jun 2010, 02:29
Hi guys
I really wanna join EK but no chance for me cuz most of the time they have OD in BKK they recruit only females and just a few males. Even last time i went the agency SAS just told us like all gentleman leave yr CV on the table and leave the hotel now. I just like what????? i woke up too early and arrived hotel before time but I couldn't do anything just drop CV great:=. After that i heard there were like 2 or 3 guys pass final interview so i am really curious any coruption for this agency:eek:???? Anyway I hope dream will coe true for EK:O

Mari
9th Jun 2010, 06:29
I just put a common name in search, these rosters came up. All from this year. Good or bad? You decide!

MAIN FLEET ROSTERS

Night turnaround: you leave in the evening or during the night, you arrive back to Dubai between 1-7am. There are flights which leave in the very early morning and you come back at 12am!!!

As a German speaker I used to have 3 German flights every single month. (I loved it!) If you prefer Australian flights, you will get them usually (one a month) if you bid. Londons are easy to get, as well. It's easy to swap if you are economy crew as there are thousands of cabin crew and the number of crew working in economy class is the highest in the aircraft.

Girl1 (economy class)

1-3 Capetown (24 hours)
4 off
5-7 Dusseldorf (24 hours)
8 off
9-11 Shanghai (24 hours)
12-13 off (2)
14-15 Bombai (night turnaround)
16 off
17-19 Franfurt (24 hours)
20-21 Hyderabad (night turnaround)
22 off
23-25 Hamburg (24 hours)
26-27 off (3)
28-30 München (24 hours)
31 off

Girl2 (economy class)

1-4 off (4)
5-7 Milan (24 hours)
8 off
9-11 Milan (24 hours)
12 off
13-15 Milan (24 hours)
16-17 off (2)
18-19 Tehran (night turnaround)
20-22 Beiging (30 hours)
23 off
24-26 Beiging (30 hours)
27-28 off (2)
29-31 Beiging (30 hours)

Girl3 (economy class)

1 back (Rest)
2-4 Zürich (24 hours)
5 off
6 Doha (morning turnaround)
7-8 Jeddah
9-10 off (2)
11-13 Dusseldorf (24 hours)
14-15 Dammam (night turnaround)
15-16 Tehran (night turnaround)
17 off
18-20 München (24 hours)
21-22 off (2)
23 ABSENT
24 Rest
25-26 Kuwait (night turnaround)
27-28 off (2)
29-01 Guangzhou (24 hours)

A380 ROSTERS

There are home standby duties before ultralong-haul flights. It's either in the morning or in the evening. In case they need a whole set of crew (because of flight time limitations) due to technical problems.

Forget about the bidding system... It's almost impossible to swap as the rosters are very tight. Most people don't give up Toronto, it's good money and it's very hard to get.

Girl1 (110 flying hours!!!)

1 home standby for ULR (6 hours)
2-7 Sydney (24) – Auckland (30) – Sydney (24)
8-9 off (2)
10-12 Bangkok (24 hours)
13-15 off (3)
16-18 London (24 hours)
19-21 London (24 hours)
22-23 off (2)
24 home standby for ULR (6 hours)
25-30 Sydney (24) – Auckland (30) – Sydney (24)
31 off

Girl2 (92 flying hours)

29-04 Sydney (24) – Auckland (30) – Sydney (24)
5-7 off (3)
8 home standby for ULR (6 hours)
9-13 Toronto (76 hours)
14-17 off (4)
18-23 Syndey (24) – Auckland (30) – Sydney (24)
24-25 off (2)
26-28 Paris (24 hours)
29-30 off (2)

pinktrolley
9th Jun 2010, 07:20
great info! Thanks for sharing it...

According to this, I would prefer the A380 roster.... It surprises me how many single days off mainfleet gets, rather than blocks of 2-3 days off

Mari
9th Jun 2010, 07:32
It used to be different. I extanded my leave MANY times in the past with 5 days off before AND 5 days off after with bidding and swapping. (I always requested my leave for my second top and top bid to cover 2 months, so I could bid for days off twice.) I used to fly 78-85 hours every month for 2 years. Once 100 hrs on reserve...

Now you can only get 4 days off in total after and before your leave. Now you can only request (and get) 4 days off in a row. (You can extand it with swapping but it's hard as the rosters are all very tight.) Now I didn't get the requested leave last year, I didn't get it this year, either.

As I always say: the Golden Era is over. I wouldn't hire "princesses" for sure...

wings1989
9th Jun 2010, 08:10
HI Mari

Thanks for info , just one quistion what do you mean for instance 17 & 18 Franfurt 24hours . What happens there do you sleep in Frankfurt ? Or Bagiene 30 hours ? how does it work ? Thanks for your help .

verito
9th Jun 2010, 08:28
I have obtained my advise to resign!!! yay!!:D now all the preparations start...! Dubai here I come!!!!

Mari
9th Jun 2010, 08:37
What do you mean what happens?!

Flight time is around 6 hours. It's a layover trip.

Correction: 17-19 Franfurt.
Departure on 17th in the morning.
Arriving in Frankfurt in the afternoon.
Rest for 24 hours. (Hotel, picking up money at the reception desk, dinner, drinking, gym, shopping, sleeping, room service, wathcing TV etc.)
Departing on 18th in the afternoon.
Arriving into Dubai after midnight, so it's already 19th.

wings1989
9th Jun 2010, 08:47
Fantastic ! Thanks Mari . I'm in hotel hospitality and I'm new to all this . had my FI in Malta on the 1st so I'm new to all this . Thanks again .

ThatRedHatGirl
9th Jun 2010, 08:50
Hello everyone,

Curious if anyone can tell me about this building, I am still waiting on my accommodation but a girl from my AD got this building and wants me to find out what it is like.

Union Property Tower on Sheik Zayed Road.

Like: What is nearby it (shops, restaurants etc)
Does it have a gym/pool
What the apartments are like

Thanks

Mari
9th Jun 2010, 09:11
U.P. Tower. It's on Sheikh Zayed: plenty of restaurants, shops of course. Plenty of home-delivery. Lots of crew discounts in restaurants. There are other facilites around with crew discount (gym, pool of hotels).

I have no idea how to attach a picture here:
Google képkeresési találat: http://ic2.pbase.com/u37/bmcmorrow/upload/24318004.d77.jpg (http://www.google.hu/imgres?imgurl=http://ic2.pbase.com/u37/bmcmorrow/upload/24318004.d77.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.pbase.com/bmcmorrow/image/24318004&usg=__djAs27EK9lx1J5enmt_W66gBPBA=&h=600&w=450&sz=71&hl=hu&start=4&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=i9gHGRrSn4IIkM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=101&prev=/images%3Fq%3DUP%2Btower%2Bdubai%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dhu%26sa%3DN% 26tbs%3Disch:1)

It has a gym and pool.

Apartmants are for 3 people. Rooms are quite small. Own bathroom for everyone. I think there is a storage room for the washing and drying machine. You cannot open the windows. Living room is big. Kitchen is very small. Might have good view. Big social life. Metro station is near. You get to the airport in 20-25 minutes by crew bus, 15 minutes (25 dhs) by taxi. Several other accomodations on Sheikh Zayed road. Beach is not far: 10-15 minutes by taxi. Dubai Mall is near: the easiest to take the metro.

RedHat,

let us know what you get. Whatever it is, you should be fine. If you want to move, it will be possible with time. As Blue said, lots of crew are resigning (2 on my last flight), it's normal after the bonus. There will be rooms available.

HiflierEK
9th Jun 2010, 15:24
Wow .... had all clear to resign !!! 6 weeks ago i attended interview with not much hope and in 6 weeks more i'll be in Dubai !

spoiledbear
9th Jun 2010, 16:40
Does anybody know something about my accommodation? :

Alkawakeb Bldg, Block A, Shk. Zayed Rd

everyone that I know in Dubai are far away form my place :sad:

Eslam
9th Jun 2010, 16:42
[Text speak]

Mari
9th Jun 2010, 20:46
Old building, so rooms should be big. You might have to share the bathroom but I'm not sure.

Photo:
Imageshack - alkawakeb1gb7.jpg - Uploaded by eriond52 (http://img25.imageshack.us/i/alkawakeb1gb7.jpg/)

louise OZ
10th Jun 2010, 02:40
:DI just been given my accomodation it's at Al Hudaiba Buidling, can you please tell me what it's like

and in your opinion what is a good building to live in

Angel551
10th Jun 2010, 09:25
I have received this message also, I logged on a few days ago and seen it had changed from "approval in progress"....

You will be contacted by your Recruitment coordinator at the earliest

Is this good news? I seen on another post that 3 days later they had received their call...

Has this been the same scenario for everyone??
Also was anyone else at the Dublin open day in May? :O

HiflierEK
10th Jun 2010, 11:00
I think it's good news, I got my call same day as that message.

Anelise4
10th Jun 2010, 12:46
Hi,
Thank God, i found someone that attend the open day in Dublin, I'm Brazilian but I'm currently living in Dublin , I had my FI, on Sunday with Sonia, I don't think that I did well, but I brought everything they asked for ,and she seems quite happy about it.
Did you have your FI on Sunday or Monday?
Let's keep in touch.
And fingers crossed!
A x

vapiano
10th Jun 2010, 15:10
hello everybody :)
i`m new on this forum and i have to say it`s pretty great and full of useful information!
i just have one simple question about the open days... how long does it take? saturday & sunday or monday also? i`m planning to go to split (croatia) this saturday but since i`m 500 kilometres away, i`m wondering how many days it takes.

thank you very much in advance and greetings from sunny croatia :)

Angel551
10th Jun 2010, 15:20
woo hoo, someone else from the Dublin one.

I had mine on sunday with Kim. :O

Has your status changed on the website yet?

I see other people are getting their phone calls like 1 or 2/3 days after it changes. I noticed it changed probably 2 or 3 days ago, now i dont know if Im excited for it being a good phone call or terrified it its a bad phone call :bored:

I was there sitting with 3 other girls nearly the whole day, and I cant remember their second names :( tried to find them on facebook to keep in contact.

How was your FI? I think I done okay, I dropped all the documents/photos into the hotel on the monday, so fingers crossed :)

Anelise4
10th Jun 2010, 15:35
Hi
i was supposed to have my interview with Sonia, but in the end Kim was in the room with us.
Anyway, I wasn't nervous in the day, but she asked many questions, and I was able to answer them all, but while I was speaking I noticed that Kim was writting something to Sonia and she would than ask me another question.
How did you go? What kind of questions she asked you?
When I log on on my profile page on the emirates webpage it doesn't say anything, how do you check your status. Help me please. I'm constantly checking my email, but nothing so far.
I have facebook. My user name is Anelise Amaral

I only remember the name of the girl that was seating beside me in the beggining , she was called Lisa.
What's your name?
Keep in touch

tamsat
10th Jun 2010, 19:08
Hey all,

just read on the cabincrew.com board that if/when your status changes to APPROVAL IN PROGRESS, this means that you WILL get the golden call, rather than the dreaded e-mail of doom...

This has got my hopes up, which is not good if it's not true! Can anyone here confirm this?

Thanks in advance

xx

spoiledbear
10th Jun 2010, 21:19
Mari,
Thanks for the info :ok:

Angel551
10th Jun 2010, 22:10
Tamsat - That is good news. (I hope)
Where did you see this? on which forum in cabincrew.com

Still holding onto hope at the moment anyway, its only been a few days since my status changed..:)