Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Wizzair

Old 19th Feb 2022, 16:07
  #281 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: up north
Posts: 146
Originally Posted by Kurt090 View Post
Hi, Pilots. Is there any information about the terms and conditions for Abu-Dhabi? Commuting roster? Salary?
Wizz keep it in secret, but I don’t want to go to Budapest, just to learn that I will get 28 days of annual leave.
Are you employed at the moment?
Giuff is offline  
Old 20th Feb 2022, 15:48
  #282 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Black hole
Age: 37
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by Giuff View Post
Are you employed at the moment?
Unfortunately, No
Kurt090 is offline  
Old 20th Feb 2022, 16:10
  #283 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by cbr58 View Post
Anyone who might share their infos about Tirana base? Roster, salary, people, living in there? Private message will be fine too. Thanks a lot.
Extremely easy to explain : Worst salary and conditions in the network. Double taxation and one of the lowest salary multipliers. SFO in other bases get same salary as CPT in TIA. Not enough CPTs so 14/7 not always guaranteed. FOs almost always get 14/7.
Nikker is offline  
Old 21st Feb 2022, 05:17
  #284 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Lodnon
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Kurt090 View Post
Hi, Pilots. Is there any information about the terms and conditions for Abu-Dhabi? Commuting roster? Salary?
Wizz keep it in secret, but I don’t want to go to Budapest, just to learn that I will get 28 days of annual leave.
2nd hand info, for SFO:

3500-4500 EUR (base+average flying hours)
+ 950 EUR for housing allowance

30 day annual leave
Random roster - no commuting options.
frankie22 is offline  
Old 23rd Feb 2022, 09:37
  #285 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Athens
Posts: 13
Hello everyone,

Saw this yesterday at Wizzair's website while applying.

Important information: Open Days for Flight Crew Candidates in Vilnius, Athens and Malta. Click for more info.
Join us on Open Days in:
22.02 Vilnius Air Inn Hotel 10:00 and 16:00 local time
02.03 Athens Novotel Athens 10:00 and 14:00 local time
04.02 Malta Radisson Blue 10:00 and 14:00 local time


Anybody that went to Vilnius yesterday and wants to share that experience?
Unfortunately there's no link to register, I guess you can just show up?

Thank you in advance!
YourFlyingDutchman is offline  
Old 23rd Feb 2022, 10:13
  #286 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by Joe le Taxi View Post
Basic salary is irrelevant. Different companies slice it different ways, some more in basic, some more in flying pay. I'm interested in a captains P60 gross, for let's say 800 hours. My calcs were supported by an ex colleague who seemed to have reasonable pay at wizz (albeit several years ago). But no pension? I didn't realise that. And if the fixed roster is no more, then forget it.

Oh lord basic salary matters… You get a month in Wizz doing 1 or 2 flights only and instead of getting your expected payment you will get half or less of what you were expecting…

Wizz isn’t stable roster or flight wise at the moment, come summer you don’t have to care cos you’ll fly max hours, but come another issue you’ll be down to 2-5 flights and having a massive income shift…

If you’re looking at the UK (well the whole network) pension is always at the absolute minimum legal amount required by the country you’re based in…

Depends on region, but WUK atm is a random roster that everyone hates and no one knows when it will change back to fixed. Money is enough to get by on but honestly if any other airline would open up I would imagine every guy under 55 would be looking to switch even if it’s a ‘sideways’ move…

WUK will also have huge problems with CC come summer as maybe 1/4 to 1/3 have start dates with other companies in the coming months… which will effect flight crew incomes as flights are cancelled or handed off to wet leasing companies.

There is a reason why the company has like 1.5 stars on trust pilot and I can’t think of more than a dozen crew who I would consider happy working for the company at the moment… thankful to have a job and fly yes, but ready and looking to bail at first opportunity.

Last edited by Potatos_69; 24th Feb 2022 at 22:40.
Potatos_69 is offline  
Old 23rd Feb 2022, 15:38
  #287 (permalink)  

Only half a speed-brake
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Not commuting home
Age: 44
Posts: 3,799
Just need a place to go, right?



FlightDetent is offline  
Old 24th Feb 2022, 06:44
  #288 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 712
Four aircraft were on ground in Ukraine when the war started. Hope all the Ukraine-based crew members are OK.
TBSC is offline  
Old 24th Feb 2022, 13:55
  #289 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by TBSC View Post
Four aircraft were on ground in Ukraine when the war started. Hope all the Ukraine-based crew members are OK.
They're safe but trapped for an unknown period of time as Wizz will want to evac them using the company assets on the ground...

Safety first and this is what you get at Wizz...
Potatos_69 is offline  
Old 25th Feb 2022, 12:27
  #290 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Ukraine
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by Potatos_69 View Post
They're safe but trapped for an unknown period of time as Wizz will want to evac them using the company assets on the ground...

Safety first and this is what you get at Wizz...
This is what you get having russia near your borders.
SierraTangoBravo is online now  
Old 26th Feb 2022, 06:20
  #291 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: SV Marie Celeste
Posts: 655
Safe in a war zone? ah ok
calypso is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2022, 07:50
  #292 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 712
Originally Posted by calypso View Post
Safe in a war zone? ah ok
In fairness Kyiv was not a war zone (yet) when Potatos wrote it.
TBSC is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2022, 03:19
  #293 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Neverland
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by TBSC View Post
In fairness Kyiv was not a war zone (yet) when Potatos wrote it.
Crew on the ground were telling Management they needed to evac 3-4 hours before the invasion… Crew as usual were ignored.

Management failing employees again and not accepting responsibility.

Wizz could have had the aircraft and crews moved to Poland or Romania or Moldova and operated UKR flights after a short ferry each during this time… But money is more important than crew safety.
Potatos_69 is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2022, 01:30
  #294 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 274
Guess what, management in BUD looking for "volunteers" to get aircraft out of Ukraine. I hope managers, base captains and JV's other cronies are first in the line to get it done...
booze is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2022, 07:36
  #295 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: EU
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by booze View Post
Guess what, management in BUD looking for "volunteers" to get aircraft out of Ukraine. I hope managers, base captains and JV's other cronies are first in the line to get it done...
Here is the best part: they claim that 170 pilots volunteered to do it. Yep. One hundred seventy.
Nikker is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2022, 08:43
  #296 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 274
They never learn that "do-goodism" leads to nothing in this company. Just look at how many got fired in April 2020 from the volunteers doing the China cargo flights.
booze is offline  
Old 1st Mar 2022, 13:54
  #297 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 712
Why on earth would anyone risk their life to "save" a 15 years old, no sharklet, old engine, low value, vintage A320? The planet is full of stored aircraft. Wizz doesn't need the capacity either as currently there are 17 aircraft parked (which did not fly at all in the last 3 weeks per FR24) beyond the ones stuck in Ukraine. LPO/LPY/LWB/LWM/LYI/LYJ/LJA/WUKL/LTA/LTC/LXB/LXG/LXH/LXJ/LXQ/LXV/LXW.
I doubt all of them are under maintenance. Another one is being returned to the lessor, was just painted white last week (LWA). The combined value of the four aircraft is change money compared to the billions Wizz claim to have in cash. Why then? I can't see the point.
TBSC is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2022, 09:05
  #298 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Ireland
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by TBSC View Post
Why on earth would anyone risk their life to "save" a 15 years old, no sharklet, old engine, low value, vintage A320? The planet is full of stored aircraft. Wizz doesn't need the capacity either as currently there are 17 aircraft parked (which did not fly at all in the last 3 weeks per FR24) beyond the ones stuck in Ukraine. LPO/LPY/LWB/LWM/LYI/LYJ/LJA/WUKL/LTA/LTC/LXB/LXG/LXH/LXJ/LXQ/LXV/LXW.
I doubt all of them are under maintenance. Another one is being returned to the lessor, was just painted white last week (LWA). The combined value of the four aircraft is change money compared to the billions Wizz claim to have in cash. Why then? I can't see the point.
Wizz didn't get to where they are today by being so careless with their money and resources. Four aircraft are still worth millions, even if they're 15 years old.
ShamrockF is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2022, 09:55
  #299 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Switzerland ... oh wait: Swaziland
Posts: 712
Yet somehow they are the only foreign operator who have aircraft stuck in a war after weeks of continuous warnings.

Last edited by TBSC; 2nd Mar 2022 at 10:08.
TBSC is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2022, 11:57
  #300 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Europe
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by TBSC View Post
Yet somehow they are the only foreign operator who have aircraft stuck in a war after weeks of continuous warnings.
To be fair though, they are the only foreign operator that had/has bases there as well.
Much easier to cancel flights than to close down bases with local staff.
TorqueStripe is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.