PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2022, 10:13
Potatos_69

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joe le Taxi
Basic salary is irrelevant. Different companies slice it different ways, some more in basic, some more in flying pay. I'm interested in a captains P60 gross, for let's say 800 hours. My calcs were supported by an ex colleague who seemed to have reasonable pay at wizz (albeit several years ago). But no pension? I didn't realise that. And if the fixed roster is no more, then forget it.

Oh lord basic salary matters… You get a month in Wizz doing 1 or 2 flights only and instead of getting your expected payment you will get half or less of what you were expecting…

Wizz isn’t stable roster or flight wise at the moment, come summer you don’t have to care cos you’ll fly max hours, but come another issue you’ll be down to 2-5 flights and having a massive income shift…

If you’re looking at the UK (well the whole network) pension is always at the absolute minimum legal amount required by the country you’re based in…

Depends on region, but WUK atm is a random roster that everyone hates and no one knows when it will change back to fixed. Money is enough to get by on but honestly if any other airline would open up I would imagine every guy under 55 would be looking to switch even if it’s a ‘sideways’ move…

WUK will also have huge problems with CC come summer as maybe 1/4 to 1/3 have start dates with other companies in the coming months… which will effect flight crew incomes as flights are cancelled or handed off to wet leasing companies.

There is a reason why the company has like 1.5 stars on trust pilot and I can’t think of more than a dozen crew who I would consider happy working for the company at the moment… thankful to have a job and fly yes, but ready and looking to bail at first opportunity.

Last edited by Potatos_69; 24th Feb 2022 at 22:40.