Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

SAS Ireland SAIL

Old 3rd Jan 2022, 06:46
  #801 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: France
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by shared reality View Post
Let's not get too carried away, the "real" SAS pilots are still fighting and the unions have taken the circus management to court, as well as told everyone that it might be a war come April 1, when our current contract expires. This will be our last stand, as we (the real SAS) is still big enough by then to have an impact. Most of my colleagues are ready to fight to the end, and if all goes down, at least our backs will be straight, and flying jobs will be available somewhere else...
Winter is here....
I wish you the best of luck with the fight. Important for the real SAS pilots and all other European pilots that this sort of thing is stopped.
aviationvictim is online now  
Old 3rd Jan 2022, 08:08
  #802 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 5
The only ex-SAS pilots that have been welcomed to SAS Connect are the once who were members of FPU union. FPU members were less than 0,5% of SAS pilots and they were the once who signed a CBA (for SAS Connect) with SAS management behind the backs of everyone else. The rest of the pilots at SAS were part of SPG (SAS Pilot Group) and they are not called to SAS Connect although 560 of them are unemplyed. Sad story.
OpenPilot is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2022, 08:23
  #803 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Dk
Age: 31
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by OpenPilot View Post
The only ex-SAS pilots that have been welcomed to SAS Connect are the once who were members of FPU union. FPU members were less than 0,5% of SAS pilots and they were the once who signed a CBA (for SAS Connect) with SAS management behind the backs of everyone else. The rest of the pilots at SAS were part of SPG (SAS Pilot Group) and they are not called to SAS Connect although 560 of them are unemplyed. Sad story.
This is not correct anymore. Actually SK(old SAS) offered reemployment to 50 pilots(ARN & OSL base). Among them many old CPH employees, but almost all of them decided to turn down SK and go to SAS Connect instead. I don't know the reason for this, anyone with more info? Have they been promised quick upgrades or is it the CPH base that’s the deal breaker?

Anyway there are a lot of old SK employees on their way to connect now, both FPU members and former SPG members..
Perser_dk is offline  
Old 7th Jan 2022, 08:25
  #804 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mars
Posts: 8
Some rumors around that the first course has been cancelled until further notice. Anyone that can confirm this? Have assessment been paused aswell?
MF523 is offline  
Old 19th Jan 2022, 09:40
  #805 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2
Latest update is that 108 pilots of the 560 laid off pilots have been called back to SAS SK. This will barely cover pensions.
With regards to SAS Connect, they are hiring. Still most of the former employees of SAS SK are turned down. It seems a good idea to be a member of FPU, if you want the job.
It is worth mentioning that there is an IFALPA recruitment ban on SAS Connect and Link, so one should think twice before accepting a job there right now.
As for former SK employees turning down the offer for reemployment to go to Connect instead, that is not something I have heard. Some CPH based pilots turn down the offer because they are offered ARN/OSL base and would rather wait for CPH base.
Itsjustajob is offline  
Old 20th Jan 2022, 20:32
  #806 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Itsjustajob View Post
Latest update is that 108 pilots of the 560 laid off pilots have been called back to SAS SK. This will barely cover pensions.
With regards to SAS Connect, they are hiring. Still most of the former employees of SAS SK are turned down. It seems a good idea to be a member of FPU, if you want the job.
It is worth mentioning that there is an IFALPA recruitment ban on SAS Connect and Link, so one should think twice before accepting a job there right now.
As for former SK employees turning down the offer for reemployment to go to Connect instead, that is not something I have heard. Some CPH based pilots turn down the offer because they are offered ARN/OSL base and would rather wait for CPH base.
Where do you see that there is an IFALPA recruitment ban out?
On IFALPA's website, there's a "cancelled request" for assistance from NFU back in October.
Needletail is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2022, 11:48
  #807 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mars
Posts: 8
What does the IFALPA recruitment ban mean in specific terms?
MF523 is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2022, 11:56
  #808 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ...
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by Needletail View Post
Where do you see that there is an IFALPA recruitment ban out?
On IFALPA's website, there's a "cancelled request" for assistance from NFU back in October.
Apparently the NF request has been cancelled 13 Oct but there is another from the Swedish union SPF 25 Oct:
https://www.ifalpa.org/mutual-assistance-requests/
intercooler is offline  
Old 3rd Feb 2022, 13:23
  #809 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3
Hi Everybody, I apllied to both SAS Connect and SAS Link in November 2021, no answer so far. Please, any news about their screening and hiring? Thank you
belfigor is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2022, 06:52
  #810 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mars
Posts: 8
Same here, it's been total radio silence.

Have the union situation been solved, or is still a strike within "main" SAS likely in April?
MF523 is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2022, 18:03
  #811 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: london
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by MF523 View Post
Same here, it's been total radio silence.

Have the union situation been solved, or is still a strike within "main" SAS likely in April?
Does a SAS main strike not just play into the hands of Connect? They end up getting more work?
kendrick47247 is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2022, 19:43
  #812 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 1,141
Does a SAS main strike not just play into the hands of Connect? They end up getting more work?
Connect is not big enough to cover the loss of production. Still main pilots has the power to influence their own future as well as that of working conditions in the whole industry.
172_driver is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2022, 19:54
  #813 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: london
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by 172_driver View Post
Connect is not big enough to cover the loss of production. Still main pilots has the power to influence their own future as well as that of working conditions in the whole industry.
How big are they now? Two bases, but how many aircraft? And they get all new Airbus deliveries?
kendrick47247 is offline  
Old 5th Feb 2022, 05:48
  #814 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Scandinavia
Age: 45
Posts: 148
I am ex SAS and this is my view:

There is no hope for a solution to the conflict between management and pilot unions. The management simply don't want unions, they want to control everything. The unions presented an offer with a total saving of about 30% in salaries and increased production, but management said no. The idea, hatched and nourished by a few individiuals in the top (not the CEO actually), is to have production platforms that produce traffic with various aircrafts in different sizes depending on demand. This means of course that every second or third year the bidding war will start over again and every supplier risks losing the contract with SAS, therefore the cost hunt will never stop. SAS Ireland, SAS Estonia, SAS Lithuania, SAS Moldovia, the possibilities are endless. Of course, the customer experience is promised to be identical.... This concept is called "enhanced operating model". The only thing that is not enhanced in this concept is management and head office where business is more or less unchanged. Many administrative colleagues have been laid off, placed in other departments but the ones still working received a yearly pay increase. SAS Ireland and SAS Link will "buy" services from SAS infrastructure, crew planning / ops / support functions.

SAS seems to be in limbo right now. They have called back about 100 pilots that were laid off in 2020, still there are 450 pilots left. As traffic demand picks up, restrictions in europé are lifted, the hiring would need to accelerate as well. From what I know, only a very limited number of pilots have been hired for the SAS Ireland base in Copenhagen.

Yes, the plan is to assign all future Neo deliveries to SAS Ireland.

Yes, it will be a conflict between SAS management and the unions this spring. SAS still has some 800-900 pilots employed, and the majority of traffic in terms of passenger numbers is flown by SAS Scandinavia (funny, what else would SAS be if not Scandinavia?) and all long haul flights are operated by SAS.
MD80rookie is offline  
Old 5th Feb 2022, 05:56
  #815 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Scandinavia
Age: 45
Posts: 148
Originally Posted by belfigor View Post
Hi Everybody, I apllied to both SAS Connect and SAS Link in November 2021, no answer so far. Please, any news about their screening and hiring? Thank you
Are you rated in both A320 and E190?
MD80rookie is offline  
Old 5th Feb 2022, 09:59
  #816 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Mars
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by MD80rookie View Post
I am ex SAS and this is my view:

There is no hope for a solution to the conflict between management and pilot unions. The management simply don't want unions, they want to control everything. The unions presented an offer with a total saving of about 30% in salaries and increased production, but management said no. The idea, hatched and nourished by a few individiuals in the top (not the CEO actually), is to have production platforms that produce traffic with various aircrafts in different sizes depending on demand. This means of course that every second or third year the bidding war will start over again and every supplier risks losing the contract with SAS, therefore the cost hunt will never stop. SAS Ireland, SAS Estonia, SAS Lithuania, SAS Moldovia, the possibilities are endless. Of course, the customer experience is promised to be identical.... This concept is called "enhanced operating model". The only thing that is not enhanced in this concept is management and head office where business is more or less unchanged. Many administrative colleagues have been laid off, placed in other departments but the ones still working received a yearly pay increase. SAS Ireland and SAS Link will "buy" services from SAS infrastructure, crew planning / ops / support functions.

SAS seems to be in limbo right now. They have called back about 100 pilots that were laid off in 2020, still there are 450 pilots left. As traffic demand picks up, restrictions in europé are lifted, the hiring would need to accelerate as well. From what I know, only a very limited number of pilots have been hired for the SAS Ireland base in Copenhagen.

Yes, the plan is to assign all future Neo deliveries to SAS Ireland.

Yes, it will be a conflict between SAS management and the unions this spring. SAS still has some 800-900 pilots employed, and the majority of traffic in terms of passenger numbers is flown by SAS Scandinavia (funny, what else would SAS be if not Scandinavia?) and all long haul flights are operated by SAS.
Thanks for an insightful answer.
What does the unions want to avoid conflict? That all laid off pilots in "main" SAS get priority into SAS connect and SAS link before any external recruitment or that SAS connect and SAS link gets scrapped as a whole?
MF523 is offline  
Old 7th Feb 2022, 05:55
  #817 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 1,141
What does the unions want to avoid conflict? That all laid off pilots in "main" SAS get priority into SAS connect and SAS link before any external recruitment or that SAS connect and SAS link gets scrapped as a whole?
Getting priority into Connect/Link would be tiny act of fairness but still a huge deterioration in working conditions for the crew. No, the union want the project to be scrapped and previous agreements honored where a limited part of the production may be done outside of SK. The agreement has been violated for years but not to extent we see today with Connect/Link.
172_driver is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.