Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded

Old 19th Sep 2023, 20:04
  #201 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Italy
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boyz, need info please

Hi guys. I am an italian guy who noticed this amazing opportunity offered by BA just a few days ago. Unfortunately, I am italian and I cannot afford to live in London for more than six months, therefore I was wondering if I still have zero possibilities to enter the academy. Like TUI, I thought BA would pay for accomodation, but it seems it doesn't... especially for non-UK-citizens. My dream just got destroyed for the third time.
PandaBabyPanda is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 20:10
  #202 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: London
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone passed all the tests? Iím waiting on my result from the error checking test 🙃
FSXBird is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 21:24
  #203 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: London
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Angle_of_Attack
The online tests are cascading tests, meaning you can only progress to the next one if you've passed the previous one. I know someone who received a rejection email within minutes of not passing the maths test.
Take your time and practice, don't rush to complete the application! You don't win any prizes for finishing first.
Good luck everyone!
how hard was the maths test?
abhi.18 is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 21:26
  #204 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: London
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abhi.18
how hard was the maths test?
Pretty easy basic high school math - gcse level
FSXBird is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 21:36
  #205 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Sussex
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just competed the maths test every time I clocked next it wouldnít load the next question for 5 seconds only managed to complete 18 questions out of the 25. U havenít received any email saying Iíve been unsuccessful and it has been 30 minutes since I timed out the session. Wondering if I should send an email? Any thoughts on what happening?
Wrightliam236 is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 22:41
  #206 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: London
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrightliam236
I have just competed the maths test every time I clocked next it wouldnít load the next question for 5 seconds only managed to complete 18 questions out of the 25. U havenít received any email saying Iíve been unsuccessful and it has been 30 minutes since I timed out the session. Wondering if I should send an email? Any thoughts on what happening?
I donít think I even got to 18 and still passed. You should be fine, unless you answered the 18 questions badly. Took about 45 mins for my congrats email after the maths.
FSXBird is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 22:50
  #207 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: London
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PandaBabyPanda
Hi guys. I am an italian guy who noticed this amazing opportunity offered by BA just a few days ago. Unfortunately, I am italian and I cannot afford to live in London for more than six months, therefore I was wondering if I still have zero possibilities to enter the academy. Like TUI, I thought BA would pay for accomodation, but it seems it doesn't... especially for non-UK-citizens. My dream just got destroyed for the third time.
Hello. With reference to the BA website itself, BA will cover the cost of your accommodation, your food, and also will pay you a subsistence allowance (as well as your training and medical costs of course) for the duration of the course. Your dream is still alive!

Further, you also have the ability to express a preferred flight school during your application, so it is possible that you could end up completing your training with FTE Jerez in Spain before moving to be based in the UK once qualified. And, of course, the Ďfully fundedí aspect applies whether you end up training with Skyborne or FTE Jerez.
3seatmaniac is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 00:13
  #208 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: wales
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you submit your application is there a timescale for when to sit the tests? I've been up all night on the application and also due to internet issues and don't fancy sitting it in the morning? So shall I wait a little to submit the application?
maverick20 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 01:44
  #209 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Essay question

Hi all,

has anyone got to the essay part yet?

what is the question?
nexus6 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 07:26
  #210 (permalink)  
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 124
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nexus6
Hi all,

has anyone got to the essay part yet?

what is the question?
There hasnít been one, and I wasnít aware of one. That being said everyone here is ultimately competing for very few places so posting the questions etc here is going to give others an unfair advantage.
PPRuNeUser0195 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 07:58
  #211 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: London
Posts: 91
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FSXBird
Anyone passed all the tests? Iím waiting on my result from the error checking test 🙃
hey yes, Iíve completed all the tests iím just waiting on the next process!
Nino24 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 08:01
  #212 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: London
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nino24
hey yes, Iíve completed all the tests iím just waiting on the next process!
oh brilliant. So you havenít heard anything either after completing the checking test? Maybe now theyíre screening CVís etc?

I thought that the tests were pretty simple in comparison to the applicants they will get. But then again British airways have said itís going to be mostly attitude and personality over technicality
FSXBird is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 08:23
  #213 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Brisbane
Age: 35
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,
I went to high school in Australia but am a UK citizen and living in the UK. Can anyone advise whether I can submit my Australian high school results or would I need to get them converted to GCSE equivalent somehow?
Wish you all good luck in the application, cheers.
Ashton88 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 08:44
  #214 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Cairo
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nino24
hey yes, Iíve completed all the tests iím just waiting on the next process!
Can I ask you please, how many questions in Math test please? and which source or website that you used for practicing Math test?

Many thanks and Good Luck for you.
toofytoofy is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 09:09
  #215 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: London
Posts: 91
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toofytoofy
Can I ask you please, how many questions in Math test please? and which source or website that you used for practicing Math test?

Many thanks and Good Luck for you.
maths was 25 questions 17 mins - GCSE level (found it a bit hard) did maths 4/5 years ago.

checking test was okay, canít revise much for it
Nino24 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 09:09
  #216 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 3,990
Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by toofytoofy
Can I ask you please, how many questions in Math test please? and which source or website that you used for practicing Math test?

Many thanks and Good Luck for you.
There are 3◊6+(4-2)*2 questions in the maths test.
rudestuff is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 09:45
  #217 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: Harrogate
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know what to do if GCSE certifications have been lost? Part of the application requires proof of GCSE's. Any advice would be appreciated.
VienneseFoxSince1853 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 09:46
  #218 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: London
Posts: 26
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nino24
hey yes, Iíve completed all the tests iím just waiting on the next process!
hi mate how many Qs did u answer in the test. i timed out as the website was slow yesterday. probs should have waited till today
Alanga1991 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 09:47
  #219 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: London
Posts: 91
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alanga1991
hi mate how many Qs did u answer in the test. i timed out as the website was slow yesterday. probs should have waited till today
hi mate I think I answered around 21, I did the test quite late night so there wasnít much problems as less people was on the site!
Nino24 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 09:51
  #220 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: London
Posts: 26
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nino24
hi mate I think I answered around 21, I did the test quite late night so there wasnít much problems as less people was on the site!
awesome pal and how many Qs were in the checking test? never got that far!
Alanga1991 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.