PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2023, 22:50
3seatmaniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PandaBabyPanda
Hi guys. I am an italian guy who noticed this amazing opportunity offered by BA just a few days ago. Unfortunately, I am italian and I cannot afford to live in London for more than six months, therefore I was wondering if I still have zero possibilities to enter the academy. Like TUI, I thought BA would pay for accomodation, but it seems it doesn't... especially for non-UK-citizens. My dream just got destroyed for the third time.
Hello. With reference to the BA website itself, BA will cover the cost of your accommodation, your food, and also will pay you a subsistence allowance (as well as your training and medical costs of course) for the duration of the course. Your dream is still alive!

Further, you also have the ability to express a preferred flight school during your application, so it is possible that you could end up completing your training with FTE Jerez in Spain before moving to be based in the UK once qualified. And, of course, the ‘fully funded’ aspect applies whether you end up training with Skyborne or FTE Jerez.