Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2

Old 28th Apr 2023, 01:06
  #921 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatar airways boeing pool joining time

Hello Guys,
does anyone have an estimate time for the waiting time in the pool, i have been in the pool for a month now.
Cloud_surfer007 is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2023, 02:02
  #922 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Expected Types for Boeing Rated Dec

Hello Guys,
another quick question question? i have been reading a lot on the forum, a lot of people say that DEC with no WB experience will be placed on 737 max, but i know a lot of people being placed on 777 and 787. Can anyone confirm the criteria they use ? Thanksss
Cloud_surfer007 is offline  
Old 28th Apr 2023, 19:46
  #923 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canuckland
Posts: 72
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
luck. good or bad depending on what you are looking for.
one colleague was told 10K TT is the cutoff for WB.
as everything in this region, it's all a mystery and seems arbitrary.
FalseGS is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2023, 10:30
  #924 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brexland
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloud_surfer007
Hello Guys,
does anyone have an estimate time for the waiting time in the pool, i have been in the pool for a month now.
I've been in the pool since end of Jan and haven't heard a thing since, Boeing Captain but applied for Boeing Rated FO.

If one did join and was put on the Max or the A321, What is the process for getting on the LH fleet from there, seniority or pure random?
Whitemonk Returns is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2023, 14:47
  #925 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Doha
Posts: 227
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitemonk Returns
I've been in the pool since end of Jan and haven't heard a thing since, Boeing Captain but applied for Boeing Rated FO.

If one did join and was put on the Max or the A321, What is the process for getting on the LH fleet from there, seniority or pure random?
Seat lock for 2 years, then seniority. But 737 will probably not last too long.

That being said, donít give up a Command for an FO position in the ME.

OW.
FlyingOW is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2023, 20:51
  #926 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: FL400
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingOW
Seat lock for 2 years, then seniority. But 737 will probably not last too long.

That being said, donít give up a Command for an FO position in the ME.

OW.
FlyingOW, do you know how many B737 MAX Qatar has ordered?
Keep is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2023, 20:54
  #927 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: FL400
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding accommodation, people who are recently joining are getting house allowance if desired or the only option for the new ones is the company accommodation?
Keep is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2023, 01:42
  #928 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: FL400
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone around here that has recently joined the company could share the timeline of how long was the wait since receiving the successful email into talent pool to the joining date?

Many thanks!
Keep is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2023, 11:02
  #929 (permalink)  
Rie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Wan Chai
Posts: 391
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Keep
FlyingOW, do you know how many B737 MAX Qatar has ordered?
I feel that if you are applying to work for a company you should know this already. The information is readily available and very often spoken about due to the 350 debacle.
Rie is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2023, 14:06
  #930 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: FL400
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rie
I feel that if you are applying to work for a company you should know this already. The information is readily available and very often spoken about due to the 350 debacle.
Firstly I directed the question to another person, secondly if you don't have anything valuable to sum up with the topic don't be rude with other people. This issue with Airbus has been widely known, however, the actual size of the order vs letter of intention of buying can vary depending on the source where you read. I was hoping that an insider could share some light on this matter.
Keep is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2023, 15:28
  #931 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Poland
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think, at the moment, Qatar will take deliveries of 9 MAXes. All are MAX 8s. They have placed an order for 25 MAX 10. maybe those aircrafts will be delivered at some point when FAA approves it to fly.
Jakub_738 is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2023, 16:06
  #932 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Canuckland
Posts: 72
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone in the talent pool should plan to be called next year at the earliest. Please plan accordingly.

As per what new joiners have heard. Hope I'm wrong.
FalseGS is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2023, 19:03
  #933 (permalink)  
Rie
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Wan Chai
Posts: 391
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Keep
Firstly I directed the question to another person, secondly if you don't have anything valuable to sum up with the topic don't be rude with other people. This issue with Airbus has been widely known, however, the actual size of the order vs letter of intention of buying can vary depending on the source where you read. I was hoping that an insider could share some light on this matter.
Good luck in Doha, you'll fit right in. The environment there is zein wayed... Always has been always will be.
Rie is offline  
Old 1st May 2023, 22:11
  #934 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rie Keep chill guys we are here to help each other out.
so someone wrote we should expect a Call by the beginning of first year ?? FalseGS
does anyone know atleast the Estimate time peopme have been in waiting pools until now.
DEC boeing here. I heard that the airbus process is a lot faster ? Is that true ? And if so does anyone know the Reason ?
Cloud_surfer007 is offline  
Old 2nd May 2023, 08:22
  #935 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Brexland
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloud_surfer007
Rie Keep chill guys we are here to help each other out.
so someone wrote we should expect a Call by the beginning of first year ?? FalseGS
does anyone know atleast the Estimate time peopme have been in waiting pools until now.
DEC boeing here. I heard that the airbus process is a lot faster ? Is that true ? And if so does anyone know the Reason ?
Airbus will be quicker because they need to the get the 350 fleet airborne i guess. I actually did my interview the week they resolved the dispute with Airbus and its seems the hold pool's started very quickly after that. They seem quite picky, I go through and three of the guys on my assessment that I assumed would definitely get in where all rejected, some of them were TR also. The sim seems to be the real decider as nearly everyone got through Day 1 when I went but anyone I kept in touch with were rejected after the sim apart from me, which was a surprise as I didn't think my sim was particularly impressive
Whitemonk Returns is offline  
Old 2nd May 2023, 13:17
  #936 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Location: dubai
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really!!!! Why would QA continue to do assessments if that was so? Advertisement for boeing pilots too still on the portal.
gadfree is offline  
Old 4th May 2023, 20:15
  #937 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Italy
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VISA

A question: I received my ticket for assessment in Doha but I can't seem to find any attached visa. Do I pick it up on arrival at airport as in UAE or I actually need to have it before departure from homebase? I sent them a confirmation of receipt of ticket, but still awaiting Visa but no reply as yet! Tomorrow is Friday and not a working day in Qatar I assume, I am leaving Monday morning.....only Sunday left to sort out that then. Any one who can shed some light here?


Last edited by 778Skywalker; 4th May 2023 at 20:16. Reason: Editorial
778Skywalker is offline  
Old 4th May 2023, 20:57
  #938 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Earth
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 778Skywalker
A question: I received my ticket for assessment in Doha but I can't seem to find any attached visa. Do I pick it up on arrival at airport as in UAE or I actually need to have it before departure from homebase? I sent them a confirmation of receipt of ticket, but still awaiting Visa but no reply as yet! Tomorrow is Friday and not a working day in Qatar I assume, I am leaving Monday morning.....only Sunday left to sort out that then. Any one who can shed some light here?

Check your PM
CaptainGrizzly is online now  
Old 5th May 2023, 02:46
  #939 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visa : Qatar

Originally Posted by CaptainGrizzly
Check your PM
Hi, we recieved our visa together with the ticket. You can email the HR rep or call her on the phone number given in the mail. You have one working day available , maybe they will send you the visa on that day. I also got ticket very late . Best of luck.
Boeing_738 is offline  
Old 6th May 2023, 08:06
  #940 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Italy
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, let's see tomorrow Sunday if something shows up. Thanks for the input!
778Skywalker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.