Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Old 16th Jul 2019, 02:10
  #9981 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: India
Posts: 7
Joining date of B777 Type Rated captains

Please anyone throw a light on this. Still waiting for the joining date for more than 1 month.
Manisha Dalal is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2019, 12:44
  #9982 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Between East and West
Posts: 13
About a year ago 777 FOs waited about 3 months after the assessment, not sure about Captains.
IEFCL is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2019, 12:53
  #9983 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: India
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by IEFCL View Post
About a year ago 777 FOs waited about 3 months after the assessment, not sure about Captains.
Thanks, anyone please reply regarding captains..
Manisha Dalal is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2019, 14:45
  #9984 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 581
Originally Posted by Manisha Dalal View Post

Thanks, anyone please reply regarding captains..
None knows, every case is a personal case.
aloa326 is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2019, 15:35
  #9985 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Istanbul
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by de facto View Post
Dec 737-787 .. got date of join end of summer.
Congrats.I am also waiting date of join,when did you finish your assessment?Thanks...
Emre034 is offline  
Old 21st Jul 2019, 12:24
  #9986 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AUH
Posts: 98
How long is the projected upgrade time if you have the hours? Considering EK or QR and honestly not sure which is better?
roll_over is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 08:32
  #9987 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by SkylineBr View Post
Iím flying an average of 45 hours for the last 6 months. So, my salary is well below my colleagues of other fleets.
Which types did you have before joining?
I have passed the assessment 4 months ago for A320-A330 but no reply till now!
Jiiiiiiiiiimbo is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 10:31
  #9988 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Split
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by roll_over View Post
How long is the projected upgrade time if you have the hours? Considering EK or QR and honestly not sure which is better?
As far as I could hear it is shortest on 320 fleet, around 4 years waiting... Wide body is around 5 years, but some people I know were there for 8-9 years and still f/o on wide body Airbus fleet...
jadrolinija is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 10:57
  #9989 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York
Posts: 120
Originally Posted by jadrolinija View Post
As far as I could hear it is shortest on 320 fleet, around 4 years waiting... Wide body is around 5 years, but some people I know were there for 8-9 years and still f/o on wide body Airbus fleet...
Don't read too much into 8-9years.... as some of these FOs would've joined as SOs and don't have the hours after 4-5years for Upgrade. Also some FOs have failed the Command Upgrade once or multiple times, some might tell you others won't. Also if you have a warning letter then you are illegible for Command Upgrade until it expires - again some might not tell you this. Basically if you joined as a DEFO 'with hours' and have a clean record, if you are still an FO after 8-9years something must be wrong.
bananaman2 is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 11:12
  #9990 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 15
I have applied this year in march for Qatar FO 777/787.
A month later in april they invited me for the online tests.
Two days after I have passed that I was invited for the online Interview.
3 days after that I got an invitation to Doha, for 2 weeks later (end of april).
I rejected that date as I didnt have time to prepare nor to take any vacation, so I offered a date in end of june.
I went there and left on a thursday. On sunday I got the Yes and an immidiate offer for B787 Training starting in August (I needed at least 3 month notice so that didnt work out)
I called them and they offered me 6.10. as starting date and apparently that was the last one this year which was free.
I accepted and I am waiting for the written contract now.

So all in all, it wouldve probably taken, from application to training course start, less than 5 month!

I was there with some Airbus Captains which were told there was a waiting time of a year or more. So if youre airbus and not getting invited, that might be why.
Taviator is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2019, 11:55
  #9991 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: India
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by Alfredol View Post
Hi guys any news about DEC for Boeing fleet ?? Regards
Hi, any news/update on DEC B777?? Thanks
Manisha Dalal is offline  
Old 25th Jul 2019, 09:01
  #9992 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brussels
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by Taviator View Post
I have applied this year in march for Qatar FO 777/787.
A month later in april they invited me for the online tests.
Two days after I have passed that I was invited for the online Interview.
3 days after that I got an invitation to Doha, for 2 weeks later (end of april).
I rejected that date as I didnt have time to prepare nor to take any vacation, so I offered a date in end of june.
I went there and left on a thursday. On sunday I got the Yes and an immidiate offer for B787 Training starting in August (I needed at least 3 month notice so that didnt work out)
I called them and they offered me 6.10. as starting date and apparently that was the last one this year which was free.
I accepted and I am waiting for the written contract now.

So all in all, it wouldve probably taken, from application to training course start, less than 5 month!

I was there with some Airbus Captains which were told there was a waiting time of a year or more. So if youre airbus and not getting invited, that might be why.
Hi Taviator ,

It sounds true what you mentioned regarding the last training course available this year. I passed the interview last week for Boeing type-rated FO, I got the positive answer but have been placed in the holding pool.
I was a bit surprised as I know many people like you who got a date of joining straight away ! Seems like I will need to be patient....

Good luck
renren is offline  
Old 25th Jul 2019, 09:57
  #9993 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sky
Posts: 444
I don't think you will have to be patient for long as there was recently a roadshow in Dublin for Boeing rated guys. It will speedup anyway.

Originally Posted by renren View Post
Hi Taviator ,

It sounds true what you mentioned regarding the last training course available this year. I passed the interview last week for Boeing type-rated FO, I got the positive answer but have been placed in the holding pool.
I was a bit surprised as I know many people like you who got a date of joining straight away ! Seems like I will need to be patient....

Good luck
captain.weird is offline  
Old 25th Jul 2019, 10:07
  #9994 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brussels
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by captain.weird View Post
I don't think you will have to be patient for long as there was recently a roadshow in Dublin for Boeing rated guys. It will speedup anyway.

All right, will keep you posted anyway
renren is offline  
Old 30th Jul 2019, 21:00
  #9995 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Coimbatore,India
Age: 36
Posts: 6
Need help for Re Application process

I had once applied in 2018 but couldnít clear the process. My Login credentials used at that time is not allowing me to apply again. What are my options.
I am unable to locate any email to seek QR support.
itssmano is offline  
Old 31st Jul 2019, 01:11
  #9996 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by itssmano View Post
I had once applied in 2018 but couldnít clear the process. My Login credentials used at that time is not allowing me to apply again. What are my options.
I am unable to locate any email to seek QR support.
In this case, you may need to use a different email address and start the whole process from scratch. Just use a new email address and log in and start again.
afroace is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2019, 21:29
  #9997 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: England
Posts: 878
I’ve just had exactly the same issue. I managed to get in contact as was advised to set up a new persona and just start everything from a new.
tonker is offline  
Old 5th Aug 2019, 07:27
  #9998 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5
6.10 class

Originally Posted by Taviator View Post
I have applied this year in march for Qatar FO 777/787.
A month later in april they invited me for the online tests.
Two days after I have passed that I was invited for the online Interview.
3 days after that I got an invitation to Doha, for 2 weeks later (end of april).
I rejected that date as I didnt have time to prepare nor to take any vacation, so I offered a date in end of june.
I went there and left on a thursday. On sunday I got the Yes and an immidiate offer for B787 Training starting in August (I needed at least 3 month notice so that didnt work out)
I called them and they offered me 6.10. as starting date and apparently that was the last one this year which was free.
I accepted and I am waiting for the written contract now.

So all in all, it wouldve probably taken, from application to training course start, less than 5 month!

I was there with some Airbus Captains which were told there was a waiting time of a year or more. So if youre airbus and not getting invited, that might be why.
check your privet msgs inbox pls.
capt_mbm777 is offline  
Old 5th Aug 2019, 12:53
  #9999 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: /
Posts: 5
Did the online interview (Sonru) 1.5 month ago, heard nothing since. Status still shows self service video. Anyone know whatís up?

Boeing type rated FO
unkki is offline  
Old 5th Aug 2019, 13:17
  #10000 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Milan
Posts: 24
Hi tony check your inbox please
regards



Originally Posted by tony the jesus View Post
When is housing allocated to new joiners, with the employment offer or later on?
Alfredol is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.