Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong Express

Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

Hong Kong Express

Old 5th Sep 2019, 01:28
  #461 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vietnam
Posts: 1,243
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FO base for less than 1500 hours jet in 2015 was $53,000 HKD. Your numbers are way off
pilotchute is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2019, 01:52
  #462 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Aust
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slasher1 View Post
LOL......

I rest my case.
You didn't make a case, or a point.
deja vu is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2019, 08:13
  #463 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: LANTAU island
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotchute View Post
FO base for less than 1500 hours jet in 2015 was $53,000 HKD. Your numbers are way off
OK laaa, here

Basic. MBA(g). MBA(p)
25.000 + 15.000 + 17.750 = 57.750 the full basic salary you will get when the training is complete.

happy now?
wagon007 is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2019, 14:37
  #464 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better be off that crap of people at the Training Department full of Brazilians who don't know anything about Airbus and think they have discovered Aviation a long time ago. They will make you feel as an idiot every time you try to make a decision in the cockpit, considering they were flying Boeing just a while ago.
Don't wanna comment on the Belgian guy who is now running the Department of Operations after a completely mad psychopathic Australian guy was stepped down. He comes from HKA and the biggest SH1T and dishonest person you'll ever meet. If you're a FO you'll never be upgraded. They make exams every 4 or 5 months and fail the most honest and prepared FO because they feel they haven't reached the appropriate level. Good luck.
fractal is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2019, 18:51
  #465 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Back of Beyond
Posts: 134
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like fun!
Flying Clog is offline  
Old 5th Sep 2019, 23:20
  #466 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: turkey
Age: 48
Posts: 99
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hugo Raes

Originally Posted by fractal View Post
Better be off that crap of people at the Training Department full of Brazilians who don't know anything about Airbus and think they have discovered Aviation a long time ago. They will make you feel as an idiot every time you try to make a decision in the cockpit, considering they were flying Boeing just a while ago.
Don't wanna comment on the Belgian guy who is now running the Department of Operations after a completely mad psychopathic Australian guy was stepped down. He comes from HKA and the biggest SH1T and dishonest person you'll ever meet. If you're a FO you'll never be upgraded. They make exams every 4 or 5 months and fail the most honest and prepared FO because they feel they haven't reached the appropriate level. Good luck.
Hugo Raes the Belgian is the biggest piece of crap to walk this planet
Turkpilot is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2019, 23:04
  #467 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pacific
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

Anyone recently had an interview with HKExpress?
I went through the thread but was unable to gather latest information about the interview and assessment.

Any information you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Allenwallker is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2019, 14:12
  #468 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Allenwallker View Post
Hi everyone,

Anyone recently had an interview with HKExpress?
I went through the thread but was unable to gather latest information about the interview and assessment.

Any information you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Yes.
Stay away.
tunyet is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 05:06
  #469 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vietnam
Posts: 1,243
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay attention I will only say this once
Interview Process:
1. Panel Interview with management pilots
2. Simulator Assessment
3. COMPASS Test
4. Medical Check
5. English Test

The simulator is done completely raw data. Expect to do V1 Cut, ILS Go around and other airwork such as intercepting a VOR Radial.

pilotchute is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2019, 09:55
  #470 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: The Pacific
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Appreciate the info, I didn't realize they were doing a compass test? Also how tech-focused is the interview?
Jim167 is offline  
Old 23rd Sep 2019, 07:22
  #471 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pacific
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotchute View Post
Pay attention I will only say this once
Interview Process:
1. Panel Interview with management pilots
2. Simulator Assessment
3. COMPASS Test
4. Medical Check
5. English Test

The simulator is done completely raw data. Expect to do V1 Cut, ILS Go around and other airwork such as intercepting a VOR Radial.
Thank you for your information.
Is this process also same as the NTR position?
Allenwallker is offline  
Old 15th Oct 2019, 17:00
  #472 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Kuala lumpur
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hongkong Express ( info please)

Hello gentlemen, anyone mind to share some information about Hongkong Express? Thank you

1. Command Upgrade
2. Any expat group
3. Working culture & environment
​​​​​​​4. Any bond for non type rated
Eyash is offline  
Old 16th Oct 2019, 18:19
  #473 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: LANTAU island
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eyash View Post
Hello gentlemen, anyone mind to share some information about Hongkong Express? Thank you

1. Command Upgrade
2. Any expat group
3. Working culture & environment
4. Any bond for non type rated

have you done the interview? did you make it?
wagon007 is offline  
Old 18th Oct 2019, 19:24
  #474 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eyash View Post
Hello gentlemen, anyone mind to share some information about Hongkong Express? Thank you

1. Command Upgrade
2. Any expat group
3. Working culture & environment
4. Any bond for non type rated
1. Command upgrade. Forget about the command upgrade.
2. Any expat group. Pilots are basically expats in Hong Kong. The mob is Brazilians in HKE
3. Working culture. Once you are released the atmosphere is good, but until you are released and overtime you do an OPC you will suffer the Brazilian mob.
​​​​​​​4. Bond. No bond
fractal is offline  
Old 19th Oct 2019, 04:32
  #475 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: The Pacific
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fractal View Post
1. Command upgrade. Forget about the command upgrade.
2. Any expat group. Pilots are basically expats in Hong Kong. The mob is Brazilians in HKE
3. Working culture. Once you are released the atmosphere is good, but until you are released and overtime you do an OPC you will suffer the Brazilian mob.
4. Bond. No bond
There is a bond. Well, as of recent company documentation.
Jim167 is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2019, 08:58
  #476 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bond

Originally Posted by Jim167 View Post
There is a bond. Well, as of recent company documentation.
Yes. There is a bond that is illegal by Hong kong laws. You are required to sign the bond on a different paper that the contract with the Company, and there is no follow up of that bond in case you decide to leave Hong Kong.
fractal is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2019, 09:12
  #477 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: China
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So.. Pilots have left and the company does not try to get the bond back...?
Check2 is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2019, 14:58
  #478 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ENGLAND, BUT IN ASIA NOW
Age: 33
Posts: 277
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Check2 View Post
So.. Pilots have left and the company does not try to get the bond back...?
I have no experience with HKE, but I am assume that they will not give you your release papers (no accident/ incident, employment, reference, flight hours confirmation) if you do that. Which may make it difficult on your next job.
Brian304 is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2019, 16:06
  #479 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Polar Route
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fractal View Post
Yes. There is a bond that is illegal by Hong kong laws. You are required to sign the bond on a different paper that the contract with the Company, and there is no follow up of that bond in case you decide to leave Hong Kong.
... which tells you everything you need to know about HKE and, by extension, CX.
cxorcist is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2019, 17:33
  #480 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: HK-CRoC
Posts: 748
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr Career Tips

Originally Posted by Eyash View Post
Hello gentlemen, anyone mind to share some information about Hongkong Express? Thank you

1. Command Upgrade
2. Any expat group
3. Working culture & environment
4. Any bond for non type rated
1. Apply
2. Interview
3. Ask your questions..

In other-words, get off your ass and do something for yourself.. JFC.
Flex88 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.