Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Old 29th Apr 2017, 19:42
  #1561 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Sydney
Age: 22
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by aueb View Post
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Varicella
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)

If not sure what shots you've had you can get a head start by doing a serology test to find out. Then take the results with you when doing medicals.

Thank you so much!
Wishingstar is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2017, 23:17
  #1562 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by Wishingstar View Post
I'm in the background and security process too! I'm waiting on my final tick (final Qantas security clearance status) and then of course the card ready for printing tick but I don't think we need that to go through to the medical stage. Are you just waiting on the last tick too? What base did you apply for?
Oh exciting! It sounds as though you are a fair bit ahead of me, I submitted mine a few weeks ago but I'm still waiting for a lot of ticks to be completed! Hopefully you will hear from them very soon!

I am currently living in Adelaide, and I selected Melbourne as a base on my application, but at the assessment day when asked I said I would happily relocate to Sydney as well. So she put both of the bases down for me so I'm not too sure!
skyhigh_7 is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2017, 23:34
  #1563 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Sydney
Age: 22
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by skyhigh_7 View Post
Oh exciting! It sounds as though you are a fair bit ahead of me, I submitted mine a few weeks ago but I'm still waiting for a lot of ticks to be completed! Hopefully you will hear from them very soon!

I am currently living in Adelaide, and I selected Melbourne as a base on my application, but at the assessment day when asked I said I would happily relocate to Sydney as well. So she put both of the bases down for me so I'm not too sure!
I submitted mine on the 11th this month, but I only started to get ticks last week! Thank you I'm hoping so too !

Oh how exciting either base it'll be an adventure for you!
Wishingstar is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2017, 03:15
  #1564 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by Wishingstar View Post
I submitted mine on the 11th this month, but I only started to get ticks last week! Thank you I'm hoping so too !

Oh how exciting either base it'll be an adventure for you!
Yes it will be! What base did you apply for?

I have just looked and I submitted mine on the 12th, so the day after you. I checked last night and I only had one tick. Hopefully I pass through more stages next week. Let me know how you get on. Were getting sooo close now!!
skyhigh_7 is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2017, 03:24
  #1565 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by skyhigh_7 View Post
Congratulations to those starting Ground School in Sydney soon!

I am still patiently waiting for my background and security check to be completed after applying in May 2016. Lets hope all those still waiting receive some exciting news soon!

Good luck to those who have just applied for the recent intake. For the video interviews I just suggest having some examples ready from current/previous employers to explain how you have dealt with certain situations, showcasing your ability and how you will be an asset to Qantas. I had some notes next to me, and did a few practice questions first as it was a bit strange at first talking to myself and seeing my reflection on the screen! Good luck!

I was just wondering if anyone knew where the crew will be based for the new Perth to London route? If that was something crew in Syd/Mel would have a shot at? Or whether it will be London crew operating.
Nothing has been released about who is crewing or where the crew will be based for the 787s as yet. Longhaul EBA is under negotiations at the moment, so once it gets released it should have more details about it.
crewflyer is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2017, 07:09
  #1566 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Taanii View Post
Hey everyone, Im getting lost in the feed haha. So who is starting GS on the 24th of may in Sydney?? Im getting excited/nervous lol.
I am also getting really excited - just waiting to get my contract still, have you got yours yet or heard anything ?
Ash91 is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2017, 07:20
  #1567 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by Ash91 View Post
I am also getting really excited - just waiting to get my contract still, have you got yours yet or heard anything ?
Did they tell you anything about needing visas? I don't have my contract yet, either
Mn64 is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2017, 09:59
  #1568 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Mn64 View Post
Did they tell you anything about needing visas? I don't have my contract yet, either
No didn't say anything about a visa - I am sure they will tell us before we start or when we are training if we do need to

Yay 3 weeks to go (pretty much) before we start
Ash91 is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2017, 12:17
  #1569 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Sydney
Age: 22
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by skyhigh_7 View Post
Yes it will be! What base did you apply for?

I have just looked and I submitted mine on the 12th, so the day after you. I checked last night and I only had one tick. Hopefully I pass through more stages next week. Let me know how you get on. Were getting sooo close now!!
I applied for Sys base

Oh okay, definitely hope it speeds up for you in the coming week! I just checked and my final tick is there woohoooooo!

I know we're almost there, so ready for this to be done!
Wishingstar is offline  
Old 30th Apr 2017, 15:57
  #1570 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Ash91 View Post
I am also getting really excited - just waiting to get my contract still, have you got yours yet or heard anything ?
Thats awesome I haven't received my contract either. Hopefully tomorrow. Fingers crossed .
Taanii is offline  
Old 1st May 2017, 02:39
  #1571 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by Wishingstar View Post
I applied for Sys base

Oh okay, definitely hope it speeds up for you in the coming week! I just checked and my final tick is there woohoooooo!

I know we're almost there, so ready for this to be done!
Has your 'ready for printing' one been ticked?
Mn64 is offline  
Old 1st May 2017, 07:38
  #1572 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Sydney
Age: 22
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by Mn64 View Post
Has your 'ready for printing' one been ticked?
No it hasn't but I read earlier it doesn't need to be ticked to be put through to medica (I hope this is true)
Wishingstar is offline  
Old 1st May 2017, 10:38
  #1573 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne
Age: 29
Posts: 18
Question..

Hi MN64 - I'm still on hold but was wondering have you been offered a ground school without doing the medical yet? I'm just not sure how it works...
Lachlan.Turner is offline  
Old 1st May 2017, 21:23
  #1574 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 209
Originally Posted by Lachlan.Turner View Post
Hi MN64 - I'm still on hold but was wondering have you been offered a ground school without doing the medical yet? I'm just not sure how it works...
Hi Lachlan, the medical must be done before they offer you anything. Don't stress, you'll get an email soon!

Starting to freak out haha, still haven't given notice as haven't managed to catch my boss for two mins, hopefully I don't lose the nerve. So stressful :P
Mn64 is offline  
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:24
  #1575 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 18
Video interview

Hi all - just wondering if anyone has received a video interview email from the current intake?

Bonniehealy is offline  
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:50
  #1576 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 13
I received the Email on Monday- that was for SYD base. I know someone who has a friend who received said email on Friday I believe, however that was for MEL base (according to them).
Rapscalion is offline  
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:02
  #1577 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by Rapscalion View Post
I received the Email on Monday- that was for SYD base. I know someone who has a friend who received said email on Friday I believe, however that was for MEL base (according to them).
Thank you can I ask when you applied? And what questions did they ask you?
Bonniehealy is offline  
Old 2nd May 2017, 21:31
  #1578 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by Rapscalion View Post
I received the Email on Monday- that was for SYD base. I know someone who has a friend who received said email on Friday I believe, however that was for MEL base (according to them).
Congrats! Are you internal or external Rapscalion?
HDSD is offline  
Old 2nd May 2017, 23:45
  #1579 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 13
I applied a few days after the job was posted to the Qantas site, so probably around the 16th or so. I haven't done the video interview yet (I am out of the country until Thursday so will do it when I get home) but will keep you posted. I assume there are no privacy issues with sharing that info?
Rapscalion is offline  
Old 2nd May 2017, 23:45
  #1580 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 13
HDSD, I am external.
Rapscalion is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.