Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc. The place for discussion of issues related to corporate, Ag and GA aviation. If you're a professional pilot and don't fly for the airlines then try here.

NETJETS hiring 2022

Old 26th Sep 2022, 17:36
  #121 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Somewhere above
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by papa_petje View Post
yes, I have done 1 or 2 of these courses and have had these kind of questions in previous interviews. I have always passed my interviews without any problem.
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the goal of competency based questions is to find, if you have the required competence and/or experience. If you don't, then even a course might not be enough to get you through... They might be searching for some very specific candidates, so I wouldn't take it bad.. But that's just my 2 cents.
FlyJohn680 is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2022, 21:03
  #122 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the feedback but sadly it is non of them. I finally found out what the problem is: they have received nearly 1000 applicants and they went for the ones that have jet hours. Unfortunately for me but that how it is when you have small demand but huge supply! You can pick! And in my case I have flown only Turbo prop and my age also play a role. And for Kura every candidate they interview is a bill to Netjets!!
papa_petje is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2022, 21:04
  #123 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyJohn680 View Post
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think the goal of competency based questions is to find, if you have the required competence and/or experience. If you don't, then even a course might not be enough to get you through... They might be searching for some very specific candidates, so I wouldn't take it bad.. But that's just my 2 cents.
Spot on .... the ones with jet hours!
papa_petje is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2022, 10:39
  #124 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: U.K.
Posts: 352
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You would've saved yourself a lot of time if you had told us that small piece of information at the beginning..!
TheAirMission is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2022, 12:29
  #125 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: England
Age: 31
Posts: 100
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheAirMission View Post
You would've saved yourself a lot of time if you had told us that small piece of information at the beginning..!
my guess is that with over 1000 applicants they used that as a blanket rule to order to reduce the piles of CV. Thatís a tough one. Good luck to everyone job seeking.

Iím through to Farnborough but currently not flying, havenít been for 2 years. Time to dig into my savings and rent a simulator
funkydreadlocks is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2022, 13:33
  #126 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 129
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by papa_petje View Post
Thanks for all the feedback but sadly it is non of them. I finally found out what the problem is: they have received nearly 1000 applicants and they went for the ones that have jet hours. Unfortunately for me but that how it is when you have small demand but huge supply! You can pick! And in my case I have flown only Turbo prop and my age also play a role. And for Kura every candidate they interview is a bill to Netjets!!
Did you get that feedback from a Kura representative?

I find this reason very odd given the fact you failed at stage 2 but not during initial screening of the application in stage 1
Parkbremse is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2022, 15:48
  #127 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 96
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have jet hours on narrow and wide body and was axed at Stage 2 as well. They mention they can't provide feedback, but has anyone tried?
Sharklet is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2022, 17:45
  #128 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: U.K.
Posts: 352
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by funkydreadlocks View Post
my guess is that with over 1000 applicants they used that as a blanket rule to order to reduce the piles of CV. Thatís a tough one. Good luck to everyone job seeking.

Iím through to Farnborough but currently not flying, havenít been for 2 years. Time to dig into my savings and rent a simulator
Don't worry. Alot of the guys in the 2021 application window hadn't had flown for a while either. I'd personally hold off the practice sim. unless you really need to brush up on a take off and a landing from my understanding it isnt necessarily the flying aspect of the sim they're looking from IMO, but rather the handling of an event and how you use your non-tech skills.
TheAirMission is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2022, 08:37
  #129 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: England
Age: 31
Posts: 100
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheAirMission View Post
Don't worry. Alot of the guys in the 2021 application window hadn't had flown for a while either. I'd personally hold off the practice sim. unless you really need to brush up on a take off and a landing from my understanding it isnt necessarily the flying aspect of the sim they're looking from IMO, but rather the handling of an event and how you use your non-tech skills.
thatís a fair point. I just want to get my hand in on like, an ILS/VNAV approach and a go-around. Might be routine flying for most and thus a non-skill, but it will probably take up more of my mental capacity than I would like. Been practicing on my home sim, but I want to get in a cheap non certified sweat box just for the environment
funkydreadlocks is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2022, 13:52
  #130 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 53
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got invited to the online interview, the only available dates were for tomorrow, so not a lot of time to prepare. Any last minute tips and tricks will be appreciated!
jmvdb22 is offline  
Old 30th Sep 2022, 09:48
  #131 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: England
Age: 31
Posts: 100
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmvdb22 View Post
I just got invited to the online interview, the only available dates were for tomorrow, so not a lot of time to prepare. Any last minute tips and tricks will be appreciated!
how did it go?
funkydreadlocks is offline  
Old 30th Sep 2022, 23:41
  #132 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 53
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by funkydreadlocks View Post
how did it go?
I felt like it went okay, not perfect, but alright. He said expect an answer early next week, but I already got the PFO the next morning, so I guess it was a clear no. So I'll stay put where I am for now. Good luck to anyone still in the process!
jmvdb22 is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2022, 07:17
  #133 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Europe
Posts: 452
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jmvdb22 View Post
I felt like it went okay, not perfect, but alright. He said expect an answer early next week, but I already got the PFO the next morning, so I guess it was a clear no. So I'll stay put where I am for now. Good luck to anyone still in the process!
Sorry to hear that. Was there a NetJets representative present at the online interview? A pilot? HR? Flight ops management?
733driver is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2022, 15:21
  #134 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Home Counties
Age: 45
Posts: 564
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 733driver View Post
Sorry to hear that. Was there a NetJets representative present at the online interview? A pilot? HR? Flight ops management?
AFAIK only Kura are involved in the online screening.

You will meet our crews at the Sim ride / final interview
Globally Challenged is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2022, 16:11
  #135 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Somewhere above
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Globally Challenged View Post
AFAIK only Kura are involved in the online screening.

You will meet our crews at the Sim ride / final interview
Correct, only one KURA representative at the online screening
FlyJohn680 is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2022, 17:37
  #136 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ireland
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regrettably I missed the the application date this time. Is there any email I can send a ''late'' application email to? If that's not the case then I am assuming the next opening for First officers will be after next summer? Thanks for any responses.
flyerflyer1 is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2022, 17:55
  #137 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 53
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 733driver View Post
Sorry to hear that. Was there a NetJets representative present at the online interview? A pilot? HR? Flight ops management?
Yeah as Globally Challenged said it's just a person from KURA doing the interview.

Bit frustrating as has been said before that they don't provide any feedback, does say after 6 months I'd be allowed to reapply, but then I'd not be certain where I'd need to improve (although ofcourse I think I know what possibly was it, it's nice to know from them).
jmvdb22 is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2022, 18:27
  #138 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Europe
Posts: 452
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jmvdb22 View Post
Yeah as Globally Challenged said it's just a person from KURA doing the interview.

Bit frustrating as has been said before that they don't provide any feedback, does say after 6 months I'd be allowed to reapply, but then I'd not be certain where I'd need to improve (although ofcourse I think I know what possibly was it, it's nice to know from them).
Thanks. And once again, sorry to hear. It's tough getting rejected, especially by a third party and with no feedback given.
733driver is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2022, 19:12
  #139 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Spain
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmvdb22 View Post
Yeah as Globally Challenged said it's just a person from KURA doing the interview.

Bit frustrating as has been said before that they don't provide any feedback, does say after 6 months I'd be allowed to reapply, but then I'd not be certain where I'd need to improve (although ofcourse I think I know what possibly was it, it's nice to know from them).
So sorry to hear that. I don't understand that policy of not giving any feedback, especially after the candidate's effort to travel to Farnborough.
What kind of questions did they ask you?

Last edited by vicram; 1st Oct 2022 at 19:37.
vicram is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2022, 20:16
  #140 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vicram View Post
So sorry to hear that. I don't understand that policy of not giving any feedback, especially after the candidate's effort to travel to Farnborough.
What kind of questions did they ask you?
I think they already mentioned it was an online interview, Farnborough comes after this stage of the assessment process.
TheSkiingPilot is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.