PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Aviation History and Nostalgia (https://www.pprune.org/aviation-history-nostalgia-86/)
-   -   Name that Flying Machine (https://www.pprune.org/aviation-history-nostalgia/626547-name-flying-machine.html)

Asturias56 27th Mar 2020 14:49

I think people should have to state the name of the aircraft to win TBH - hints etc are fine if you know what it is (I've done it myself) - but that isn't the same as answering the question

Self loading bear 27th Mar 2020 15:27


Originally Posted by Asturias56 (Post 10730064)
I think people should have to state the name of the aircraft to win TBH - hints etc are fine if you know what it is (I've done it myself) - but that isn't the same as answering the question

I agree fully with your opinion.
However as OH was declared everyone may post a new challenge.
Dook gave a suggestion that MReyn should be the first to take this OH.
and that is fine with me.

longer ron 27th Mar 2020 15:49


Originally Posted by Asturias56 (Post 10730064)
I think people should have to state the name of the aircraft to win TBH - hints etc are fine if you know what it is (I've done it myself) - but that isn't the same as answering the question

More correctly - I 'won' (although it was actually my better half that ID'd it),however as Dook said - it was obvious that Mreyn had already ID'd the aircraft from his little hints,he is much more likely to post a challenging 'challenge' so I am also more than happy that Mreyn has posted the latest challenge.

dook 27th Mar 2020 16:51

Maybe the Rublic R-7 Seagull.

Asturias56 27th Mar 2020 17:30


Originally Posted by Self loading bear (Post 10730093)
I agree fully with your opinion.
However as OH was declared everyone may post a new challenge.
Dook gave a suggestion that MReyn should be the first to take this OH.
and that is fine with me.


I don't have a major problem here....................

MReyn24050 27th Mar 2020 19:15


Originally Posted by dook (Post 10730179)
Maybe the Rublic R-7 Seagull.

You have it dook, My reference, Tschechslowakische Flugzeuge by Hans-Joachim Mau gives it as VPS Svazarmu R-7 Racek. however I note Secret Projects state Mr. Zdenek Rublič was from Czech,and he born in 1902,became interesting in Avia from 1920s,then with Mraz after the
WWII with Sokol,and in 1961 he developed a R-7 Racek,which was a single seat low-wing aerobatic monoplane,powered by one 160 hp Walter Minor 6-III engine.

MReyn24050 27th Mar 2020 19:19


Originally Posted by Asturias56 (Post 10730216)
I don't have a major problem here....................

Thank you. Yes, I did know the answer but felt I should let others have a go. As it was not moving on I gave a couple of suggestions, I promise to keep quiet in future.

treadigraph 27th Mar 2020 19:29


R-7 Racek,which was a single seat low-wing aerobatic monoplane
Mentioned by Neil Williams in "Airborne" in the chapter about the Cosmic Wind... Interesting to see a pic of it!

MReyn24050 27th Mar 2020 19:43


Originally Posted by treadigraph (Post 10730351)
Mentioned by Neil Williams in "Airborne" in the chapter about the Cosmic Wind... Interesting to see a pic of it!

Here is another pic .https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/att.../1-jpg.614333/

dook 27th Mar 2020 20:43

Evening/afternoon/morning all.

Next:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....f5ebd89241.jpg

India Four Two 28th Mar 2020 04:40

Eight hours between successive challenges. Have the rules changed?

dook 28th Mar 2020 10:33

Not to my knowledge.

MReyn24050 28th Mar 2020 12:43

Dook, any connection with the Church Mid-wing? Where those wheels & tyres especially for rough terrain operation?

Self loading bear 28th Mar 2020 12:45


Originally Posted by dook (Post 10730902)
Not to my knowledge.

see last post of senior pilot in
posts about 24 hrs AH&N
of 15 March

dook 28th Mar 2020 13:01

Bear,

I am aware of that. That's why I answered the question from I42 in that way.

MReyn,

No connection to the Church that I know of. I think the tyres and wheels were for the reason you suggest.

Asturias56 28th Mar 2020 14:52

I read it that the 24hr rule has been suspended - but over enthusiasm will bring it back..................

MReyn24050 28th Mar 2020 15:25


Originally Posted by dook (Post 10731027)
Bear,

I am aware of that. That's why I answered the question from I42 in that way.

MReyn,

No connection to the Church that I know of. I think the tyres and wheels were for the reason you suggest.

Thanks for that. Is the engine a Kinner B-5 and the aircraft from the USA?

MReyn24050 28th Mar 2020 15:26


Originally Posted by Asturias56 (Post 10731125)
I read it that the 24hr rule has been suspended - but over enthusiasm will bring it back..................

Blame it on the Virus and having to stay at home.

dook 28th Mar 2020 16:31

The engine isn't a Kinner but the aeroplane is American.

MReyn24050 28th Mar 2020 20:32


Originally Posted by dook (Post 10731213)
The engine isn't a Kinner but the aeroplane is American.

5 cylinder engine though, a Szekely SR5 or Lambert perhaps?


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:07.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.