Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Covid Shot - Side Effects?

Old 23rd Jun 2021, 03:40
  #261 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Eden Valley
Posts: 2,022
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattyj View Post
I doubt the data from Israel and their vaccination status and itís failures will ever get to the average man on the street here
If it was one big conspiracy, the facts released in Israel that vaccinated adults are catching COVID, would be drowned-out by state security.

Social Media is loaded with fake news. Some of it state sponsored. I gave up taking people seriously here, when their links backing their views were so obviously uncorroborated, it was embarrassing.

Never heard of the BA pilots so had a bit of a look. Not sure how their families would feel seeing professional colleagues peddling unsubstantiated conspiracies that go counterintuitive with what the public expects of the profession.
Gnadenburg is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2021, 03:48
  #262 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1998
Location: The Swan Downunder
Posts: 1,013
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gnadenburg View Post
If one of these COVID variants starts afflicting children, with long term health damage or fatalities, attitudes to vaccinations would change. The panic entirely predictable.
Is already happening in Brazil, about 1500 children and pregnant women apparently. I fear it's only a matter of time until this virus mutates with something really serious like rabies.
Xeptu is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2021, 05:54
  #263 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 904
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck Canuck View Post
Pprune is a disgrace nowadays.

no discussions allowed on 4 BA pilots who keeled over.

utter disgrace.

RIP

RIP PPRuNe too😤
What exactly were you going to debate? An unsubstantiated internet rumour that has no basis in facts? Just because what you thought was a 'fact' to support the tin foil brigade turned out to be nothing but the internet running amok with what was already a tragic story blew up in your face? Well hopefully you chuck the toys out too.
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2021, 10:35
  #264 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: back to the land of small pay and big bills
Age: 49
Posts: 1,218
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lockdowns and now vaccinations are an anathema to dealing with a pandemic during the middle of the pandemic. You donít vaccinate while the virus is still spreading because that encourages mutations, and you donít quarantine the young and healthy when there is no danger to the young and healthy because you slow or stop potential herd immunity. If there are dangerous mutations we have no one to blame but ourselves.
mattyj is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2021, 12:49
  #265 (permalink)  
short flights long nights
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,659
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattyj View Post
Lockdowns and now vaccinations are an anathema to dealing with a pandemic during the middle of the pandemic. You donít vaccinate while the virus is still spreading because that encourages mutations, and you donít quarantine the young and healthy when there is no danger to the young and healthy because you slow or stop potential herd immunity. If there are dangerous mutations we have no one to blame but ourselves.
You donít make any sense.
SOPS is online now  
Old 23rd Jun 2021, 22:16
  #266 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NT
Posts: 198
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please give an example of mutations emerging from highly vaccinated populations to counter the half dozen that emerged from unvaccinated populations.
chookcooker is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2021, 23:37
  #267 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: back to the land of small pay and big bills
Age: 49
Posts: 1,218
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thatís not the point..a haphazard vaccination program in the middle or to the end of an outbreak encourages mutations..itís standard practice to vaccinate prior to an outbreak..this is normal epidemiological understanding

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...ARS-CoV-2.aspx
mattyj is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2021, 01:31
  #268 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Eden Valley
Posts: 2,022
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glanced at your link. Could happen, maybe could happen? What was telling was this at the end-

"How unequal vaccine distribution promotes the evolution of vaccine escape"

Another political agenda skinny on fact, though loaded on fear.

Did I mention Australia's response to COVID 19 a catastrophic civil defence failure? How will the public, local government, state government and the federal government react to complex pressure, agenda and coercion from the CCP? Never has our way of life ever been so threatened by the stupidity our freedoms can sometimes fuel.
Gnadenburg is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2021, 01:57
  #269 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 904
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gnadenburg View Post
Glanced at your link. Could happen, maybe could happen? What was telling was this at the end-

"How unequal vaccine distribution promotes the evolution of vaccine escape"

Another political agenda skinny on fact, though loaded on fear.

Did I mention Australia's response to COVID 19 a catastrophic civil defence failure? How will the public, local government, state government and the federal government react to complex pressure, agenda and coercion from the CCP? Never has our way of life ever been so threatened by the stupidity our freedoms can sometimes fuel.
It is a tough competition but I think this is probably the dumbest post I have seen on PPRuNe, particularly this line:
'Did I mention Australia's response to COVID 19 a catastrophic civil defence failure?".
It may not have suited you your royal highness but the fact we don't have the rates of death and infection other countries do and the fact our economy looks pretty good compared to any other country is an outstanding result in terms of dealing with a 1 in a hundred year event. Nothing is perfect but I would put Australia's response up against any other country.
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2021, 03:33
  #270 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NT
Posts: 198
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattyj View Post
Thatís not the point..a haphazard vaccination program in the middle or to the end of an outbreak encourages mutations..itís standard practice to vaccinate prior to an outbreak..this is normal epidemiological understanding

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...ARS-CoV-2.aspx
well if a graduate with a Batchelor of Science from Manchester Metropolitan University (ranked about 830 in the world) says so (or says ďmightĒ)
chookcooker is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2021, 04:01
  #271 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Eden Valley
Posts: 2,022
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ozbiggles

It should be a confronting issue though I suggest you open your mind rather than take to abuse.

Australia raised its drawbridge and locked out its citizens. A simple option afforded to a country with geographical advantage in what you say is a one in a hundred year event. Simple geographical advantage protected us from other "one in hundred year events" such as the Depression and rise of Fascism, WW2, the Rise of Communism etc.

Now we are dealing with the Rise of China with well placed sources saying war is inevitable- hopefully not though fiercer coercion is! COVID 19 has provided a dress rehearsal for Australia's vulnerability from a civil defence perspective.

So moving away from that Aussie need for a Gold Star, pat on the back, or perhaps the Oztronaut attitude in aviation parlance, how well have we gone from a civil defence perspective? We had better quarantine in sailing ship days and we have learnt nothing in over a year. Inconsistencies across the States in lockdowns and closures doesn't augur well in hybrid, or full blown confrontation with China, where supply lines are scarce or strained ( eg: fuel and medicines ) . Now the vaccination roll-out is nothing short of a disaster from a country that simply raised its drawbridge and is locked toward an election with no leadership beyond popularism out of COVID. The poor vaccination roll-out and in some way evidenced by this thread, has shown our governments have no idea how to educate and promote an essential health program, which from a civil defence perspective, presents vulnerabilities to CCP political interference and internet influencers eg: fake news and disinformation campaigns.


The "pretty good" economy? That's what has proven most vulnerable during COVID when looking forward to civil defence challenges and confrontation. We've pulled the trigger as have most countries, record stimulus and debt, driving commodity demand to our advantage. Can we pull the trigger again? For the next "one in a hundred year event" ? How great will our economy look when needing to re-arm whilst setting up to fight our biggest trading partner? What if the USA is pushed out of the Pacific or draws a line East of Guam?

Australia is spoilt by fortune afforded to few. When analysed, I would not dare put up its COVID response as a success, even with your throw away line that "nothing is perfect".
Gnadenburg is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2021, 05:41
  #272 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: back to the land of small pay and big bills
Age: 49
Posts: 1,218
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every western country has a pandemic preparedness document of some sort which no doubt takes information from all the big epidemiological names, and at big expense to the taxpayers..Iím not sure how it has been in Australia but in this country and in the United States and Iím reliably informed, the UK, that document has not as yet been dusted off. The response has been completely bespoke and in many cases, contrary to previous understanding.

This Ďwinging ití is very puzzling.
mattyj is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2021, 06:14
  #273 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East of Westralia
Posts: 523
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gnadenburg View Post
Ozbiggles

Australia is spoilt by fortune afforded to few. When analysed, I would not dare put up its COVID response as a success, even with your throw away line that "nothing is perfect".
Well said Gnadenburg.
ScepticalOptomist is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2021, 06:55
  #274 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Whanganui, NZ
Posts: 250
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my second Pfizer jab on the weekend.
My arm was a bit sore that evening so I took a couple each of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen tablets before bedtime.
Discomfort / tenderness gone by the next afternoon, that was the only symptom
kiwi grey is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2021, 06:34
  #275 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kiwi grey View Post
I had my second Pfizer jab on the weekend.
My arm was a bit sore that evening so I took a couple each of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen tablets before bedtime.
Discomfort / tenderness gone by the next afternoon, that was the only symptom
I had my second shot on Monday. Sore arm because she found my injured tendon with the needle but that went in a day or so. Slight lethargy on Tuesday.

Easy experience
Chris2303 is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2021, 06:50
  #276 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,156
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Japanese government has for the very first time today officially stated that Ibuprofen, Paracetamol/Acetaminophen and Loxoprofen are equally recommended for treatment of post-vaccination flu-like symptoms such as headache and high temperature.

(Until now there has been an extremely long silence... with most people buying up Paracetamol/Acetaminophen in the absence of any guidance or advice.)
jolihokistix is online now  
Old 25th Jun 2021, 06:58
  #277 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: australia
Posts: 901
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jolihokistix View Post
The Japanese government has for the very first time today officially stated that Ibuprofen, Paracetamol/Acetaminophen and Loxoprofen are equally recommended for treatment of post-vaccination flu-like symptoms such as headache and high temperature.

(Until now there has been an extremely long silence... with most people buying up Paracetamol/Acetaminophen in the absence of any guidance or advice.)
But the 2020 Olympics are still going ahead - what else matters??
galdian is online now  
Old 25th Jun 2021, 07:04
  #278 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,156
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by galdian View Post
But the 2020 Olympics are still going ahead - what else matters??
Ouch... ... ...
jolihokistix is online now  
Old 25th Jun 2021, 13:51
  #279 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 1,867
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jolihokistix View Post
The Japanese government has for the very first time today officially stated that Ibuprofen, Paracetamol/Acetaminophen and Loxoprofen are equally recommended for treatment of post-vaccination flu-like symptoms such as headache and high temperature.

(Until now there has been an extremely long silence... with most people buying up Paracetamol/Acetaminophen in the absence of any guidance or advice.)
Theres nothing unusual or conspiratorial about that. Australian Federal and State Departments of Health have always recommend taking Ibuprofen or Paracetamol post any vaccination if fever is encountered. Thatís just your immune system going to work creating antibodies.
dr dre is online now  
Old 25th Jun 2021, 15:59
  #280 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: UK
Posts: 47
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I applaud the various religious and cultural leaders here in the UK for pleading with their own ethnic groups to get vaccinated and quickly. All this with the constant noise from the anti vacc brigade with a rapidly rising Cov19 Delta variant that will only get worse as winter comes and a new virus takes off again. A crazed Uk media does nothing to assist this process.
Right20deg is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.