Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops

Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops

Old 14th Jun 2022, 05:03
  #2081 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: australia
Posts: 350
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
This route supported 2 operators for many years.Originally Ansett and TAA ,then Ansett and East-West Airlines.But you need a schedule that includes an overnight stop.
mates rates is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2022, 05:32
  #2082 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 71
Posts: 1,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mates rates
This route supported 2 operators for many years.Originally Ansett and TAA ,then Ansett and East-West Airlines.But you need a schedule that includes an overnight stop.
3 good airlines mentioned here. The good old days.
Paragraph377 is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2022, 06:06
  #2083 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,414
Received 193 Likes on 63 Posts
So good they don’t exist anymore.
Ollie Onion is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2022, 07:21
  #2084 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 71
Posts: 1,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ollie Onion
So good they don’t exist anymore.
Childish comment.

Ansett was brought undone by Ables going on a spending spree in Toulouse. TAA became Australian and was then gobbled up by Qantas and East-West airlines was a great airline gobbled up by Ansett. All provided good services over a long period of time.
Paragraph377 is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2022, 07:57
  #2085 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 272
Received 100 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
Childish comment.

Ansett was brought undone by Ables going on a spending spree in Toulouse. TAA became Australian and was then gobbled up by Qantas and East-West airlines was a great airline gobbled up by Ansett. All provided good services over a long period of time.
it's always entertaining watching a blue shirt have a spray about his now utterly defunct airline.

How long till the last of you lot retire? Will be no shortage of parties to attend.

Last edited by das Uber Soldat; 15th Jun 2022 at 02:50.
das Uber Soldat is offline  
Old 15th Jun 2022, 03:58
  #2086 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aus
Age: 42
Posts: 377
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
But didn’t the chairman say the the entire SE operation was unprofitable and likely to be shutdown unless the pilots agree to their ‘offer’?

https://australianaviation.com.au/20...H5sw&fs=e&s=cl
turbantime is offline  
Old 15th Jun 2022, 04:58
  #2087 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 71
Posts: 1,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by das Uber Soldat
it's always entertaining watching a blue shirt have a spray about his now utterly defunct airline.

How long till the last of you lot retire? Will be no shortage of parties to attend.
das Uber idiot, you’re not too bright sunshine. Wrong coloured shirt. My heritage is Air New Zealand and I’m long retired after a perfect career that was well remunerated. How’s your superannuation account going, sport?
Paragraph377 is offline  
Old 15th Jun 2022, 05:57
  #2088 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Posts: 2,445
Received 267 Likes on 105 Posts
Ohhh some dick measuring hey
morno is offline  
Old 15th Jun 2022, 07:21
  #2089 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 71
Posts: 1,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by morno
Ohhh some dick measuring hey
You can’t be referring to me as I’m happy with the length of my dick and I don’t need to engage in any measuring contest to prove my worth. I will leave that to you and Uber. Cheers
Paragraph377 is offline  
Old 15th Jun 2022, 08:01
  #2090 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Daghdaghistan
Posts: 440
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
das Uber idiot, you’re not too bright sunshine. Wrong coloured shirt. My heritage is Air New Zealand and I’m long retired after a perfect career that was well remunerated. How’s your superannuation account going, sport?
So what your saying is that you don't need to be a plonker to be an Air New Zealand pilot.. but it helps...

Cypher is offline  
Old 15th Jun 2022, 08:20
  #2091 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 71
Posts: 1,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cypher
So what your saying is that you don't need to be a plonker to be an Air New Zealand pilot.. but it helps...
Sorry, I don’t buy into racist comments.

When I was with ANZ we referred to Australian pilots as our ‘brothers across the ditch’. We may have flown for different airlines in different countries, but we always felt bonded as Pilot ‘brothers’. Doesn’t look like that comradeship exists anymore. Real shame. Hell, one of my most favourite memories from flying was being stranded in a location with two KLM pilots whom I had never met before. Two days and 3 nights of unbridled drinking, debauchery (I am trying to keep the story clean for the ‘woke’ fraternity), and then more drinking. Bonded by the epaulette.
Paragraph377 is offline  
Old 15th Jun 2022, 10:08
  #2092 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,829
Likes: 0
Received 186 Likes on 88 Posts
Nationality is not race.
Icarus2001 is offline  
Old 15th Jun 2022, 11:00
  #2093 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 2,298
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by turbantime
But didn’t the chairman say the the entire SE operation was unprofitable and likely to be shutdown unless the pilots agree to their ‘offer’?

https://australianaviation.com.au/20...H5sw&fs=e&s=cl
A possible dilemma in the not too distant future?
KRUSTY 34 is offline  
Old 15th Jun 2022, 23:09
  #2094 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AUS
Posts: 38
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KRUSTY 34
A possible dilemma in the not too distant future?
Although the media release yesterday advised more services than pre covid as they “Return to profitability” and that “We are confident that FY23 will see a great improvement in the financial performance of our regional operations”

Seems misaligned with imminent mass redundancies on the Saab fleet.
AmarokGTI is offline  
Old 16th Jun 2022, 02:29
  #2095 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 272
Received 100 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
I don’t need to engage in any measuring contest to prove my worth.
Originally Posted by Paragraph377
How’s your superannuation account going, sport?
This kids, is why you shouldn't lick the skydrol during the walk around,

Now, you were about to enlighten us all about what race 'New Zealand' is?
das Uber Soldat is offline  
Old 16th Jun 2022, 03:05
  #2096 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,210
Received 170 Likes on 75 Posts
it's always entertaining watching a blue shirt have a spray about his now utterly defunct airline.

How long till the last of you lot retire? Will be no shortage of parties to attend.
Wow! P77 gives a little bit of history and a completely inaccurate nasty little statement is made. I doubt anyone flying for the crap organisations tarted up as airlines nowadays will ever get to experience the pleasure that used to be had flying for a domestic Australian airline.
Lookleft is offline  
Old 16th Jun 2022, 03:10
  #2097 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under Class C
Posts: 106
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AmarokGTI
Although the media release yesterday advised more services than pre covid as they “Return to profitability” and that “We are confident that FY23 will see a great improvement in the financial performance of our regional operations”

Seems misaligned with imminent mass redundancies on the Saab fleet.
Sadly no it doesnt. One could draw the conclusion the redundancies is what will help drive the return to profitability.
gchriste is offline  
Old 16th Jun 2022, 03:30
  #2098 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand
Age: 71
Posts: 1,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
Wow! P77 gives a little bit of history and a completely inaccurate nasty little statement is made. I doubt anyone flying for the crap organisations tarted up as airlines nowadays will ever get to experience the pleasure that used to be had flying for a domestic Australian airline.
Ditto. I thoroughly agree 👍
Paragraph377 is offline  
Old 16th Jun 2022, 06:24
  #2099 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 633
Received 112 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by gchriste
Sadly no it doesnt. One could draw the conclusion the redundancies is what will help drive the return to profitability.
They're struggling to crew flights as it is. The redundancies are purely a threat to EBA negotiations. Comes around every 4 years.
Ladloy is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2022, 11:34
  #2100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 974
Received 91 Likes on 42 Posts
Rex signing a deal with multiple travel agency’s. A 10 yr deal with flight centre ensuring Rex will be flight centers partner of choice. Surely this should prop up the 73 loads, Rex seem confident it will anyway. .

“The agreements are expected to result in a more than doubling of Rex’s annual domestic jet revenues in FY2023 compared to its current annualized domestic jet revenues with no increase in fleet size. Revenue on its regional revenue is also expected to be improved”.
SHVC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.