Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 29th May 2021, 07:38
  #4921 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 898
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Duck Pilot
It is also common sense for the authorities to allow vaccinated people to travel freely anywhere in the world and be exempt from quarantine.

You are kidding right?

You do know that you can still get COVID and spread it after the jab don't you.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 07:40
  #4922 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 948
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bend alot
You are kidding right? You do know that you can still get COVID and spread it after the jab don't you.
So where and how does it end? Even more so after a negative PCR test? Evidence shows that transmission is significantly diminished.

Meanwhile, in the "dangerous UK", the roads last night were chok-a-block going to domestic resorts as a holiday weekend and good weather finally comes around.
Dannyboy39 is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 07:40
  #4923 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In a pipe in the upstairs water closet
Posts: 303
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You do know that you can still get COVID and spread it after the jab don't you.
All the more reason for the country to vaccinate! I know that's pretty difficult because it's not like we make it in country or anything.

Oh that's right...

Fuel-Off
Fuel-Off is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 08:25
  #4924 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: I prefer to remain north of a direct line BNE-ADL
Age: 48
Posts: 1,273
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So when should we open up? 6 months after being vaccinated? 12 months? If you have had the opportunity to have the vaccine and refused well you should be released to the hounds. And don’t whinge about people with disorders and immune problems, that’s always been the case and Influenza picks them off regardless. You need to make precautions if you are immuno compromised anyway…
Angle of Attack is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 08:46
  #4925 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cairns
Age: 52
Posts: 1,402
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Having endured significant financial stress as a result of the pandemic like most in the aviation industry, I simply donít care what the armchair experts and those who havenít been significantly effected think.

Get Jabbed, itís the best defence we have now which will support our health and economy to get back to some form of normalcy - whatever that we be in 5 years.
Duck Pilot is online now  
Old 29th May 2021, 09:38
  #4926 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,133
Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Angle of Attack
So when should we open up? 6 months after being vaccinated? 12 months? If you have had the opportunity to have the vaccine and refused well you should be released to the hounds. And donít whinge about people with disorders and immune problems, thatís always been the case and Influenza picks them off regardless. You need to make precautions if you are immuno compromised anywayÖ
We shouldn't open up until an interest group of scientists says so in the Lancet.
Chronic Snoozer is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 09:39
  #4927 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,133
Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
You are kidding right?

You do know that you can still get COVID and spread it after the jab don't you.
Like the flu?
Chronic Snoozer is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 11:13
  #4928 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 898
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Some very self-centered people with very narrow views that think they have done it hard during this World Wide pandemic.

Pretty much no country other than North Korea has enough immunity to open up yet and many other countries simply do not have the resources, funds or capability to vaccinate even a small percentage of the citizens that want to get vaccinated - for many it will only ever be a dream to get vaccinated.

Here in Australia a first World nation we have hardly touched the surface with vaccinations (so much so it is embarrassing).

Yet the High and Mighty think that just because they have been fortunate enough to get vaccinated, that the World should instantly open up just for them!

Bugger the rest of the World Citizens, that you can easily infect by carrying the virus to what even destination you feel you have the right to visit.

Must love the self-righteous arrogance of some.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 11:45
  #4929 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cairns
Age: 52
Posts: 1,402
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
Some very self-centered people with very narrow views that think they have done it hard during this World Wide pandemic.

Pretty much no country other than North Korea has enough immunity to open up yet and many other countries simply do not have the resources, funds or capability to vaccinate even a small percentage of the citizens that want to get vaccinated - for many it will only ever be a dream to get vaccinated.

Here in Australia a first World nation we have hardly touched the surface with vaccinations (so much so it is embarrassing).

Yet the High and Mighty think that just because they have been fortunate enough to get vaccinated, that the World should instantly open up just for them!

Bugger the rest of the World Citizens, that you can easily infect by carrying the virus to what even destination you feel you have the right to visit.

Must love the self-righteous arrogance of some.
So how have you been directly effected by the pandemic?

Iíve been out of full time employment for over 12 months, compounding unpaid debts over my head and I have recently had to sell my car in an attempt to financially recover. I elected not to go on the doll and worked my way out of the mess, which I have successfully done,

How dare you refer to me as being self centred and opinionated and all the rest of the drivel - thatís an insult!

Anyone who has been stood down, terminated from their employment or business owners who were forced into restricting or ceasing their business activities, due to the pandemic would probably feel the same way as I do. Overall I havenít done to bad getting through the mess, however I know others have and still are suffering financial stress and potential ruin. We need a solution, the vaccines are the best we have now to reduce the deaths and bring things back to some form of normalcy.


Last edited by Duck Pilot; 29th May 2021 at 21:34.
Duck Pilot is online now  
Old 29th May 2021, 11:56
  #4930 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In a pipe in the upstairs water closet
Posts: 303
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yet the High and Mighty think that just because they have been fortunate enough to get vaccinated, that the World should instantly open up just for them!
Not quite. I think most on here are calling for a pathway from this crisis. To move Australia from these ceaseless knee jerk lockdowns. What is the official word from the Federal Government? A little tid bit burried somewhere in the latest Federal Budget that somewhat whispers the point the country might open mid 2022. That we might have everyone vaccinated by the end of 2021.

The UK has a public plan to open the country, provided nothing dramatic changes. The EU is planning to open to vaccinated travellers in this year's Northern summer. The US is tipped to reach 90% vaccination by end of July (if current inoculation rates continue at their current pace). Phuket (not the rest of Thailand) will be opening to vaccinated tourists later this year.

We have heard nothing but doom and gloom and buck passing from SloMo. At least Boris Johnson and Joe Biden have announced time frames to get their countries out. Our PM knows that it would be to his political detriment if he were to place any time based targets to policy as he has failed to meet any he has set himself thus far.

But apparently Australia can wait. Experts and Melbournians would beg to differ.

Fuel-Off
Fuel-Off is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 21:27
  #4931 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 898
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Duck Pilot
So how have you been directly effected by the pandemic?

Iíve been out of full time employment for over 12 months, compounding unpaid debts over my head and I have recently had to sell my car in an attempt to financially recover. I elected not to go on the doll and worked my way out of the mess, which I have successfully done,

How dare you refer to me as being self centred and opinionated and all the rest of the drivel - thatís an insult!
I work in aviation, general aviation and have since the mid 80's - I have like pretty much everyone else in this industry have been "directly effected" financially and other.

I learnt from this experience - there is a lot of things that make a life.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 21:35
  #4932 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 936
Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
This latest outbreak is what our country needed, good kick up the a$$ to go get vaccinated so we can get on with it. Melbourne seeing record numbers for the uptake even lining up for hours already this morning.
SHVC is online now  
Old 29th May 2021, 21:42
  #4933 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 898
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Fuel-Off
Not quite. I think most on here are calling for a pathway from this crisis. To move Australia from these ceaseless knee jerk lockdowns. What is the official word from the Federal Government? A little tid bit burried somewhere in the latest Federal Budget that somewhat whispers the point the country might open mid 2022. That we might have everyone vaccinated by the end of 2021.

The UK has a public plan to open the country, provided nothing dramatic changes. The EU is planning to open to vaccinated travellers in this year's Northern summer. The US is tipped to reach 90% vaccination by end of July (if current inoculation rates continue at their current pace). Phuket (not the rest of Thailand) will be opening to vaccinated tourists later this year.

We have heard nothing but doom and gloom and buck passing from SloMo. At least Boris Johnson and Joe Biden have announced time frames to get their countries out. Our PM knows that it would be to his political detriment if he were to place any time based targets to policy as he has failed to meet any he has set himself thus far.

But apparently Australia can wait. Experts and Melbournians would beg to differ.

Fuel-Off
Good post Fuel-Off.

Our governments (Australia) have not been united (they are self-centered) and have no real future plan/path for next week, next month or next year.

Our opening up of borders around the World should happen in my opinion after we sort our own back yard we as a country clearly are far from that.
After that we should assist our near neighbors particularly in the South Pacific to have sufficient vaccination levels and evacuation procedures for visitors. After that assist in the greater World with vaccination and evacuation/isolation procedures of visitors.

When the World is on a somewhat equal risk level vs vaccination uptake we can look at open borders for ALL.

Many will think this World level of Vaccination and evacuation/isolation is not our responsibility or over the top - it should be looked at at a practice run for the next event.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 21:43
  #4934 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cairns
Age: 52
Posts: 1,402
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Iíve learnt from experiences as well like most others - I just donít like to be insulted on a public forum for expressing my opinion.

Happy Sunday 😀
Duck Pilot is online now  
Old 29th May 2021, 21:44
  #4935 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Gafa
Posts: 191
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fuel-Off

We have heard nothing but doom and gloom and buck passing from SloMo. At least Boris Johnson and Joe Biden have announced time frames to get their countries out. Our PM knows that it would be to his political detriment if he were to place any time based targets to policy as he has failed to meet any he has set himself thus far.
This just in, politicians play politics! Absolute shocker!!!

Consider Melbourne lucky - they havenít been overrun by rodents (yet).
Maggie Island is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 22:36
  #4936 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 738
Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
This latest outbreak is what our country needed, good kick up the a$$ to go get vaccinated so we can get on with it. Melbourne seeing record numbers for the uptake even lining up for hours already this morning.
I think you have hit the nail on the head(many will disagree of course).
There is risk in everything we do but it doesnt stop us doing it in almost all the decisions we make.
In my humble opinion we need to get vaccinated to reduce the risk of lockdowns,virus spread & maybe dying in extreme cases.
Surgery comes with a risk of dying but if somebody happens to pass whilst having surgery we dont see it on the front page of a newspaper or have every media drive show host telling you how risky it is to have surgery.
Keep it up melbourne😀
blubak is online now  
Old 29th May 2021, 23:24
  #4937 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Doomadgee
Posts: 258
Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts
Vaccination or no vaccination - The government NEEDS to outline a plan for opening the borders. The reality is you will NEVER get 100 percent of the population vaccinated. Unless you want to have a forced inoculation - mandatory with military intervention. Unfortunately, If that was to occur, I reckon the brainwashed sheepish public would accept compulsory vaccination.
Capn Rex Havoc is offline  
Old 29th May 2021, 23:25
  #4938 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 106
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
All the things that carry more risk than the AstraZeneca vaccine

https://thenewdaily.com.au/opinion/2...k-clots-death/

Last edited by Sparrows.; 29th May 2021 at 23:26. Reason: Added title
Sparrows. is offline  
Old 30th May 2021, 03:11
  #4939 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 463
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Maggie Island
This just in, politicians play politics! Absolute shocker!!!

Consider Melbourne lucky - they haven’t been overrun by rodents (yet).
the same Melbourne now in its fourth lockdown. Estimated to cost over a BILLION dollars.

the same Melbourne or Victoria squealing that the federal government won’t pay for their gross incompetence.

NSW has had a single QR code since the middle of last year. Victoria managed to get to the same point only a couple of days ago. Despite being told in the middle of last year to get a single government code.

their online vaccination system crashed and still isn’t working.

And of course their hotel quarantine where Dan thought he knew better than anyone else and went his own way with dire consequences.
Foxxster is offline  
Old 30th May 2021, 03:47
  #4940 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oz
Posts: 1,831
Received 244 Likes on 102 Posts
To be fair on Victoria, Canberra could come to the party on the remote quarantine front in that state, the proposal is excellent from what Iíve been told, and of course fix its jab rollout. Two key projects that could prevent these events. I understand the point in regards to the Feds not constantly bailing out states every month, however they could do a better job at the stuff they are responsible for. Avalon construction should have started by now. Hurry the **** up!

Not overly sure contact tracing is at fault either here. From what I gather this last week has been the biggest contact tracing effort ever during this pandemic. Sydney hasnít been tested like that yet. My son went to the footy, was contacted very soon after. Impressive considering they are chasing up tens of not hundreds of thousands of people in the last week.

I know an aircrew who had a positive as a pax back in the Sydney Christmas mess. NSW health contacted him 6 days later.
PoppaJo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.