Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 30th May 2021, 20:38
  #4961 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 984
Received 94 Likes on 45 Posts
Good news is Victoria can’t keep up with vaccinations they’re turning ppl away. Now we just need outbreaks in the other states and territories to get a kick up the a$$.

Also, could someone tell me what this J.Weimar fellow is actually supposed to be doing? Doesn’t seem a lot.

SHVC is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 00:05
  #4962 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East of Westralia
Posts: 680
Received 103 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
Good news is Victoria can’t keep up with vaccinations they’re turning ppl away. Now we just need outbreaks in the other states and territories to get a kick up the a$$.

Also, could someone tell me what this J.Weimar fellow is actually supposed to be doing? Doesn’t seem a lot.

People just need a little motivation sometimes!
ScepticalOptomist is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 00:39
  #4963 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Perth, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Age: 71
Posts: 887
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist
People just need a little motivation sometimes!
That's what he said.
WingNut60 is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 01:01
  #4964 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East of Westralia
Posts: 680
Received 103 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by WingNut60
That's what he said.
And I agreed with him. :-)
ScepticalOptomist is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 01:50
  #4965 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 984
Received 94 Likes on 45 Posts
Victorians being keen as to get jabbed now. Theoretically speaking, if all of Vic residents get the jab and the other states and territories are still fluffing in the wind. that would mean we would have to close off to Vic because there would be no need for them to test for the virus it would become the common flu there, thats why we want the vaccine right?! This will be interesting for sure.
SHVC is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 02:11
  #4966 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GMT
Age: 53
Posts: 2,056
Received 177 Likes on 63 Posts
There’s a new Vietnamese killer mutant death strain looming into the horizon according to the media...

it just reminds me of the war between Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia; never seems to approach any end.

minigundiplomat is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 07:02
  #4967 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
With all this scaremongering over the AstraZeneca vaccine….

ooops.


Foxxster is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 07:05
  #4968 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ferrara
Posts: 8,339
Received 351 Likes on 203 Posts
All vaccines work, none increase your chance of death significantly, if at all. Compared to the risk from Covid you're always better off having the vaccine
Asturias56 is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 08:21
  #4969 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,284
Received 347 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxxster
With all this scaremongering over the AstraZeneca vaccine….

ooops.
That’s because for about two months from late Jan to late March France and Germany restricted use of AZ to under 65. Persons in that cohort will have a lower risk of dying of natural causes in the weeks after the vaccine compared to the older age bracket who got mostly Pfizer so overall this has skewed the death rate to being higher overall for Pfizer.

And you’d realise that if you got your news from a better source than RT.

dr dre is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 08:29
  #4970 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 787
Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
All vaccines work, none increase your chance of death significantly, if at all. Compared to the risk from Covid you're always better off having the vaccine
Agree 100%,basically nobody thinks twice about vaccinating their kids,nobody thinks twice about being vaccinated if needed to enter a country on a holiday destination where its required & even if somebody does have complications after the jab it doesnt make headlines.
People have reactions to the common flu vaccination but lots still have it,just saying...
blubak is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 08:41
  #4971 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Doomadgee
Posts: 280
Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts
Agree 100%,basically nobody thinks twice about vaccinating their kids,nobody thinks twice about being vaccinated if needed to enter a country on a holiday destination where its required & even if somebody does have complications after the jab it doesnt make headlines.
People have reactions to the common flu vaccination but lots still have it,just saying...
The testing for these vaccines have not been remotely as rigorous as previous vaccines.......

One used to choose to go to another country and choose whether to get vaccinated or not.....


Capn Rex Havoc is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 09:26
  #4972 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 448
Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts
...and choose whether to get vaccinated or not.....
Has this changed?
Fonz121 is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 10:29
  #4973 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
That’s because for about two months from late Jan to late March France and Germany restricted use of AZ to under 65. Persons in that cohort will have a lower risk of dying of natural causes in the weeks after the vaccine compared to the older age bracket who got mostly Pfizer so overall this has skewed the death rate to being higher overall for Pfizer.

And you’d realise that if you got your news from a better source than RT.
oh I realise an awful lot about what was going on in Europe and the political games they were playing with the AstraZeneca vaccine. In fact I know more than you I would gamble.

as you missed the point entirely of my post I will make it simple for you.

the scaremongering, yes if you’d paid attention you would have spotted i used that word, over the AstraZeneca vaccine has been verging on hysterical. With every case of clotting and every death making headlines. And with little facts surrounding it in terms of how rare it really is. However seeing as the Pfizer vaccine also has complications as per the study then why no spotlight on it. People die with Pfizer, and more than AstraZeneca per this report. Underlying facts don’t matter to the mainstream media or many in the general public.

Hope that was patronising enough .

Foxxster is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 10:47
  #4974 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aus
Age: 42
Posts: 379
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxxster
oh I realise an awful lot about what was going on in Europe and the political games they were playing with the AstraZeneca vaccine. In fact I know more than you I would gamble.

as you missed the point entirely of my post I will make it simple for you.

the scaremongering, yes if you’d paid attention you would have spotted i used that word, over the AstraZeneca vaccine has been verging on hysterical. With every case of clotting and every death making headlines. And with little facts surrounding it in terms of how rare it really is. However seeing as the Pfizer vaccine also has complications as per the study then why no spotlight on it. People die with Pfizer, and more than AstraZeneca per this report. Underlying facts don’t matter to the mainstream media or many in the general public.

Hope that was patronising enough .
That’s not exactly how you presented your argument in your original post. FWIW, I came to a similar conclusion to De Dre. I’m glad you’ve cleared that up now, but it might be worthwile expanding on your point of view in the future.
turbantime is offline  
Old 31st May 2021, 12:54
  #4975 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dunnunda
Posts: 494
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
You have to die of something. At the end of the day you will get the flu, and whether you like it or not you will get Covid, or a mutation of the original Covid 19.

Have the jab, don’t have the jab. Whatever works. Just don’t regret not having the jab when it’s too late.

We have a circuit breaker in this country. Enough time for everyone to make up their own mind. Rely on herd immunity, or risk death associated with a jab. Herd immunity only works when we have enough people brave enough to protect their family by putting their lives on the line. Melodramatic?

Herd immunity has worked with disease and infection of similar R values, so make a choice and let’s move on.
Bula is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2021, 01:07
  #4976 (permalink)  
601
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Age: 77
Posts: 1,476
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
If you actually listened to the “people shouting in the wind” you’d probably notice a lot of them are frustrated with the apparent lack of plan from the Feds on when things will reopen.
So you want a plan set in concrete when the thing you are planning against is a moving target.
Best have a flexible idea that can change with the moving target.

A good example is QF62. If they had stuck with the "plan" as per the checklist, what would have been the outcome?

We have to deal with what is thrown at us.
Different variants, restrictions of AZ being released from Europe, vaccine hesitancy, etc.

Who thought in March 2020 that we have had less that 1000 deaths in Oz.
Be bl000y thankful that our management has been one of the most successful.
We have an awful lot of "experts" marched out by the media saying we should do this or should have done that.
I would rather go with their cohort who are advising the Government who would have access to the latest information.
601 is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2021, 01:22
  #4977 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: QLD - where drivers are yet to realise that the left lane goes to their destination too.
Posts: 3,332
Received 180 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by Fonz121
Has this changed?
For some, yes
https://simpleflying.com/alliance-va...n-requirement/
Traffic_Is_Er_Was is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2021, 06:08
  #4978 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Capn Rex Havoc
The testing for these vaccines have not been remotely as rigorous as previous vaccines.......

One used to choose to go to another country and choose whether to get vaccinated or not.....

very interesting..

from this guy

Byram Bridle, Associate Professor of Viral Immunology at the University of Guelph in Canada . Note the captions are not completely correct. Probably done by a robot.

Foxxster is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2021, 06:17
  #4979 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East of Westralia
Posts: 680
Received 103 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 601
So you want a plan set in concrete…..

Be bl000y thankful that our management has been one of the most successful.
No, we just want A plan. One that is based on sound data and analysis - not a knee jerk reaction.

There hasn’t been any “management” - it’s been a farce - the fact we are an isolated island is what has “saved” us.

The monkeys in charge haven’t managed to get quarantine right, nor implemented a strategy to “open up”. They are reactive and care more about how they look politically than doing the right thing by the country.

The easily impressed and molly
coddled think they’re being “kept safe”.

Lets see what the exit strategies look like and compare notes in a few months time. I reckon we’re not going to be on top of the pack.
ScepticalOptomist is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2021, 06:28
  #4980 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 601
So you want a plan set in concrete when the thing you are planning against is a moving target.
Best have a flexible idea that can change with the moving target.
The only plan the government is interested in is the plan to get re-elected. Everything else is a sideshow.
ruprecht is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.