Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Qantas Recruitment

Old 7th Jun 2024, 04:47
  #4481 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Unfortunately not the Orient
Posts: 389
Likes: 0
Received 94 Likes on 34 Posts
FYI

Most junior 737 Captain Sydney awarded to a 02/17 hire

Most junior WB (A330) FO awarded to a 03/18 hire.

And basically, you could have A320 or 737 from the start. But the A320 was slightly (32 numbers) senior to the 737.

Sydney base the most junior in all those categories.

Slots were awarded into the Adelaide 737 base, so it’s not dead yet.

Last edited by SandyPalms; 7th Jun 2024 at 05:07.
SandyPalms is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 12th Jun 2024, 03:36
  #4482 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Enzed
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Any indication of upcoming courses for externals that are in the hold pool currently? Interviewed in Feb and was told around July/August onwards.

Thanks in advance.
HM
Holden Magroin is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2024, 02:54
  #4483 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 644
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SandyPalms
FYI

Most junior 737 Captain Sydney awarded to a 02/17 hire

Most junior WB (A330) FO awarded to a 03/18 hire.

And basically, you could have A320 or 737 from the start. But the A320 was slightly (32 numbers) senior to the 737.

Sydney base the most junior in all those categories.

Slots were awarded into the Adelaide 737 base, so it’s not dead yet.
Most junior A380 FO slot went to a 2003 (or possibly 2004) joiner.
ruprecht is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2024, 08:00
  #4484 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Weltschmerz-By-The-Sea Australia
Posts: 1,372
Received 82 Likes on 38 Posts
The 7 year to command was always going to happen due to the ten year hiatus in recruiting. But all things eventually revert to the mean, and commands will again take twenty years. That an A380 F/O job is senior to a 737 left seat should come as no surprise given the relative conditions for the same money.
Australopithecus is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2024, 09:14
  #4485 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 655
Received 144 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Australopithecus
The 7 year to command was always going to happen due to the ten year hiatus in recruiting. But all things eventually revert to the mean, and commands will again take twenty years. That an A380 F/O job is senior to a 737 left seat should come as no surprise given the relative conditions for the same money.
Id pay to not sit next to some of the 380 skippers. I guess that's why the FOs get paid so much.
Ladloy is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by Ladloy:
Old 13th Jun 2024, 09:29
  #4486 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Age: 70
Posts: 181
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Ladloy
Id pay to not sit next to some of the 380 skippers. I guess that's why the FOs get paid so much.

What a juvenile comment!
JamieMaree is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2024, 09:31
  #4487 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Posts: 2,492
Received 336 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by JamieMaree
What a juvenile comment!
Oh he’s back

What’s wrong with that comment dopey? I got a bit of a chuckle out of it
morno is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by morno:
Old 13th Jun 2024, 09:45
  #4488 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 655
Received 144 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by JamieMaree
What a juvenile comment!
Sorry captain. I'll make sure to save you the snapper from the first class menu, captain.
Ladloy is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Ladloy:
Old 13th Jun 2024, 10:19
  #4489 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2024
Location: Mascot
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
One might wonder why this poses an issue. The true luxury of the A380 is that you need not sit beside anyone you find disagreeable, as they can remain in the bunk. It is perfection. It's just oneself and a second officer.

As for the snapper, the Grange' will of course overpower the Snapper. A trip to the cellar might be in order.

Prost.
InNeedofaGrange is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by InNeedofaGrange:
Old 13th Jun 2024, 10:45
  #4490 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Age: 70
Posts: 181
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by morno
Oh he’s back

What’s wrong with that comment dopey? I got a bit of a chuckle out of it
Those who have that attitude tend to become the a**eholes if they make it to the LH seat.
JamieMaree is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2024, 10:58
  #4491 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Posts: 2,492
Received 336 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by JamieMaree
Those who have that attitude tend to become the a**eholes if they make it to the LH seat.
Nah mate, we’re the ones with a sense of humour and relaxed attitude.

How would you know anyway, Mr Engineer?
morno is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2024, 11:03
  #4492 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Richmond
Age: 70
Posts: 181
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by morno
Nah mate, we’re the ones with a sense of humour and relaxed attitude.

How would you know anyway, Mr Engineer?

I listen to them when they are doing the walkarounds.

Put yourself in the Captain’s position when he gets a whacker occupying the RH seat.
JamieMaree is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2024, 11:12
  #4493 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Posts: 2,492
Received 336 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by JamieMaree
I listen to them when they are doing the walkarounds.

Put yourself in the Captain’s position when he gets a whacker occupying the RH seat.
Ah so you’re an expert on the topic then, noted.

I wouldn’t think many A380 captains do many walk arounds, especially when most of their flights are 4 crew.
morno is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by morno:
Old 13th Jun 2024, 13:35
  #4494 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Australopithecus
The 7 year to command was always going to happen due to the ten year hiatus in recruiting. But all things eventually revert to the mean, and commands will again take twenty years. That an A380 F/O job is senior to a 737 left seat should come as no surprise given the relative conditions for the same money.
737 command well junior to a380 FO. A380 FO is not far from 330 command. Also, 737 command junior to 787 FO.

stillcallozhome is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2024, 16:09
  #4495 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NSW
Posts: 272
Received 193 Likes on 62 Posts
It's hardly surprising. Lot's of jq FOs choose to go to the 787 rather than take commands also. It's the terrible lifestyle on offer from domestic flying in Australia. Who wants to do 3 or 4 sector 11 hour days, 5 or 6 days per week. You're always coping delays through Sydney or Melbourne, running late
Or, you can do one sector and get off, less stress, less fatigue. I think it's the easiest choice in the world.
cLeArIcE is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by cLeArIcE:
Old 13th Jun 2024, 16:34
  #4496 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by cLeArIcE
It's hardly surprising. Lot's of jq FOs choose to go to the 787 rather than take commands also. It's the terrible lifestyle on offer from domestic flying in Australia. Who wants to do 3 or 4 sector 11 hour days, 5 or 6 days per week. You're always coping delays through Sydney or Melbourne, running late
Or, you can do one sector and get off, less stress, less fatigue. I think it's the easiest choice in the world.
I think it’s the lack of protections to your assigned roster due to poor EBAs in JQ and QF (SH). This creates roster fatigue. Sick calls to protect one’s pay which has a flow on effect to others which then causes further roster satisfaction issues. This is well known thanks to forums like this as well as word of mouth. It may not be there yet but it’s close to where management will need to “sweeten the pot” with protections to assigned rosters. The status quo is not sustainable imo.
stillcallozhome is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by stillcallozhome:
Old 14th Jun 2024, 15:59
  #4497 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aus
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone happen to know when/if applications will reopen?
ReBjorn is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2024, 20:51
  #4498 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,319
Received 407 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBjorn
Anyone happen to know when/if applications will reopen?
I think they have enough applicants on file to interview for the rest of the year. However as always check back on a regular basis as things change.
dr dre is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2024, 20:55
  #4499 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2024
Location: Australia
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ReBjorn
Anyone happen to know when/if applications will reopen?
Was told in a recent interview that they will tentatively open applications again towards the end of the year.
Martinflyer is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.