Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Ground & Other Ops Forums > ATC Issues
Reload this Page >

NATS interview process

ATC Issues A place where pilots may enter the 'lions den' that is Air Traffic Control in complete safety and find out the answers to all those obscure topics which you always wanted to know the answer to but were afraid to ask.

NATS interview process

Old 13th Jun 2019, 17:55
  #11281 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 11
Stage 3

Anybody else refreshing emails frantically already? Haha
Serravelle is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2019, 18:13
  #11282 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by Serravelle View Post
Anybody else refreshing emails frantically already? Haha
Tell me about it..!

It's been a week today since my S3 day. They did say 30days or so, so i'm in the mindset of it being another couple of weeks before we hear.

It's frustrating as they will clearly know our outcome! And i have been unsuccessful then it'll be tough to wait 30 days before finding that out.... I've put a lot on hold for this recently.

idloveit is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2019, 18:42
  #11283 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by Serravelle View Post
Anybody else refreshing emails frantically already? Haha
Me too!

However when I get an email I'm not sure I'd want to open it!
Gingers Have Souls is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2019, 23:21
  #11284 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 8
Good luck to you all that have attended stage 3 and are checking them emails! Nervy time but I hope you get through!
Runway26 is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2019, 12:48
  #11285 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: London
Posts: 1
I feel they should be more transparent about timeframes online.
The post Stage 2 email says "You have passed the minimum requirements from the first two stages of the selection process. We will now be assessing your results and invitations to attend the next stage will be sent to those candidates who are closest to meeting our requirements. We have received an overwhelming level of applications and therefore it may take up to six months before you hear from us."

6 months is an awfully long time, as is the fact it seems like it would be well into 2020 by the time you start if you're applying now. A lot can change in that time and its really isn't an ideal situation for a candidate. I'd have applied much earlier had I known this to be the case but thought I could wait until I actually had the time to spare for it.
Kopf is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2019, 17:29
  #11286 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by Kopf View Post
I feel they should be more transparent about timeframes online.
The post Stage 2 email says "You have passed the minimum requirements from the first two stages of the selection process. We will now be assessing your results and invitations to attend the next stage will be sent to those candidates who are closest to meeting our requirements. We have received an overwhelming level of applications and therefore it may take up to six months before you hear from us."

6 months is an awfully long time, as is the fact it seems like it would be well into 2020 by the time you start if you're applying now. A lot can change in that time and its really isn't an ideal situation for a candidate. I'd have applied much earlier had I known this to be the case but thought I could wait until I actually had the time to spare for it.
I am in the same boat as you, and would have applied a lot sooner if I would have known about the wait post Stage 2.

The worst part is the uncertainty...
"Candidates who are closest to meeting our requirements"
hunteruk is online now  
Old 15th Jun 2019, 10:50
  #11287 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Down South
Posts: 291
So essentially what they're saying is that you've met the minimum requirements but you might not have made the minimum requirements still.
The Many Tentacles is offline  
Old 16th Jun 2019, 16:05
  #11288 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: london
Posts: 15
Hey guys,

Thanks to all those who have posted about stage 3 day and what to expect... I have mine coming up on the 3rd of July....anyone else doing stage 3 on that day too?

Also, does anyone know if the knowledge test is MCQs or essays?
Thanks
taybz is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2019, 07:08
  #11289 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Paris
Posts: 35
The knowledge test should be MCQ like in the old process . So learn the details .
desrudy is offline  
Old 17th Jun 2019, 09:06
  #11290 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by taybz View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks to all those who have posted about stage 3 day and what to expect... I have mine coming up on the 3rd of July....anyone else doing stage 3 on that day too?

Also, does anyone know if the knowledge test is MCQs or essays?
Thanks
Good luck! Make sure to get plenty of rest the night before and be yourself. There are no essays to write on the day haha.
MattPudzilla is offline  
Old 18th Jun 2019, 18:31
  #11291 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 24
I'm assuming those who've completed their S3 still haven't heard anything either good or bad news?

Still nothing from me, which is fine as it's only day 12 since my assessment. Looking like it really may well be the 30 days they say it would to hear back...!
idloveit is offline  
Old 18th Jun 2019, 18:38
  #11292 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by idloveit View Post
I'm assuming those who've completed their S3 still haven't heard anything either good or bad news?

Still nothing from, me which is fine as it's only day 12 since my assessment. Looking like it really may well be the 30 days they say it would to hear back...!
Nothing yet here either, sat mine last Monday. I'm keeping my mind off it, either i'll be offered a place or I wont, it's out of my hands at this stage.

MattPudzilla is offline  
Old 18th Jun 2019, 22:42
  #11293 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: croatia
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by idloveit View Post
I'm assuming those who've completed their S3 still haven't heard anything either good or bad news?

Still nothing from me, which is fine as it's only day 12 since my assessment. Looking like it really may well be the 30 days they say it would to hear back...!
It's like waiting for water to boil or phone to ring.... Try to concentrate on other things. As Matt said: it's out of our hands now. Relax, think about summer vacay or whatever you have going on in the next month. The e-mail will come, but I honestly don't expect it before July (it's been a week for me since S3)
Good luck to all waiting!
Beneleth is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2019, 14:01
  #11294 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 7
Got all excited as I had an email from NATS after completing stage 3..

Turns out itís just a feedback survey!
Gingers Have Souls is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2019, 14:04
  #11295 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by Beneleth View Post
It's like waiting for water to boil or phone to ring.... Try to concentrate on other things. As Matt said: it's out of our hands now. Relax, think about summer vacay or whatever you have going on in the next month. The e-mail will come, but I honestly don't expect it before July (it's been a week for me since S3)
Good luck to all waiting!
Just got an email from NATS, had a mini heart attack as I opened it. It's a feedback form for the assessment day -_- damn it! Haha, back to waiting
MattPudzilla is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2019, 14:06
  #11296 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by MattPudzilla View Post
Just got an email from NATS, had a mini heart attack as I opened it. It's a feedback form for the assessment day -_- damn it! Haha, back to waiting

​​​​​​Just took the words out of my mouth haha, I'm trying my best to keep myself distracted and then I get an email like that! Well hopefully it means they're near the end of assessing the 4 group's from June if they're requesting feedback.
Serravelle is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2019, 14:08
  #11297 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by Serravelle View Post
​​​​​​Just took the words out of my mouth haha, I'm trying my best to keep myself distracted and then I get an email like that! Well hopefully it means they're near the end of assessing the 4 group's from June if they're requesting feedback.
Fingers crossed!
MattPudzilla is offline  
Old 22nd Jun 2019, 21:17
  #11298 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: croatia
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by Gingers Have Souls View Post
Got all excited as I had an email from NATS after completing stage 3..

Turns out itís just a feedback survey!
Buddy can you clean up your Inbox, it's impossible to reply to your message

Once again: good luck to everyone waiting! The day is coming closer
Beneleth is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2019, 13:41
  #11299 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Brussels
Posts: 2
Hey guys,
Did you also notice in the Candidates Pre-Learning booklet that the Manchester Area Control Centre (MACC) does not appear on the list of control centres operated in Prestwick?
The relevant NATS webpage still mentions it: http://www.nats.aero/about-us/what-w...ntrol-centres/ So did the earlier version of the Candidates Pre-Learning booklet.As for the interview and the knowledge test, I think it’s safe to stick to the latest version of the booklet.But it would be interesting to find out if MACC has been merged with the Scottish Area Control Centre (ScACC). Does anybody know about it?

Last edited by OH_OBS; 23rd Jun 2019 at 14:31.
OH_OBS is offline  
Old 25th Jun 2019, 06:56
  #11300 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Carlisle
Age: 33
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by OH_OBS View Post
Hey guys,
Did you also notice in the Candidates Pre-Learning booklet that the Manchester Area Control Centre (MACC) does not appear on the list of control centres operated in Prestwick?
The relevant NATS webpage still mentions it: http://www.nats.aero/about-us/what-w...ntrol-centres/ So did the earlier version of the Candidates Pre-Learning booklet.As for the interview and the knowledge test, I think itís safe to stick to the latest version of the booklet.But it would be interesting to find out if MACC has been merged with the Scottish Area Control Centre (ScACC). Does anybody know about it?
I believe that Prestwick operates the area down to around Birmingham, which would include MACC.
Niki86 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.