Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Ground & Other Ops Forums > ATC Issues
Reload this Page >

NATS interview process

ATC Issues A place where pilots may enter the 'lions den' that is Air Traffic Control in complete safety and find out the answers to all those obscure topics which you always wanted to know the answer to but were afraid to ask.

NATS interview process

Old 1st Jul 2019, 09:56
  #11261 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: london
Posts: 16
Thank you Topcat47... although the new one isn't as complicated as the old one... I need to know aircraft type, cruising level, speed, and destinations, thankfully they have simplified this section a little.
I like the graph idea I will try this, It may help with recall
it's good to know they don't focus too much on this last section, takes the stress out of it a little
Thanks, hope our paths do cross
taybz is offline  
Old 1st Jul 2019, 13:41
  #11262 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by taybz View Post
Thank you Topcat47... although the new one isn't as complicated as the old one... I need to know aircraft type, cruising level, speed, and destinations, thankfully they have simplified this section a little.
I like the graph idea I will try this, It may help with recall
it's good to know they don't focus too much on this last section, takes the stress out of it a little
Thanks, hope our paths do cross
I also did the old test and grouped them together in a table and learnt the numbers in a sort of code going down and across looking for patterns. What helped me progress from that though was knowing what each aircraft looked like. I don’t know why but it worked hahaha.

Anyone here in Jerez? What’s the aircraft recognition section on the basic like out there? The one we did was 50 planes and a lot to take in but that’s the basic course I suppose!
Runway26 is offline  
Old 1st Jul 2019, 14:36
  #11263 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Has anyone received any news yet from the new Stage 3's? Good or bad...

I was in the second group on 10th June, so approaching the 30 days now.
MattPudzilla is offline  
Old 1st Jul 2019, 14:42
  #11264 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by MattPudzilla View Post
Has anyone received any news yet from the new Stage 3's? Good or bad...

I was in the second group on 10th June, so approaching the 30 days now.
Still nothing from me also. I was in the first group in June.

The only correspondence I’ve received is the survey email.
idloveit is offline  
Old 1st Jul 2019, 14:47
  #11265 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Well at least I'm not the only one!

Did they give you any info on how you would be notified?

The last system was a call for yes and just an email for no.
MattPudzilla is offline  
Old 1st Jul 2019, 14:58
  #11266 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by MattPudzilla View Post
Well at least I'm not the only one!

Did they give you any info on how you would be notified?

The last system was a call for yes and just an email for no.
i honestly can’t recall accurately. They just said you’ll hear from us in 30 days.

They did ask me and the rest of the group to write our email address on a document at the very beginning of the day. The only way they’ll get hold of my phone number is by checking the CV I attached all the way at the very start of the process.

So with that in mind I think it will be an email. Would be ideal to hear soon tbh.
idloveit is offline  
Old 1st Jul 2019, 15:07
  #11267 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by idloveit View Post


i honestly can’t recall accurately. They just said you’ll hear from us in 30 days.

They did ask me and the rest of the group to write our email address on a document at the very beginning of the day. The only way they’ll get hold of my phone number is by checking the CV I attached all the way at the very start of the process.

So with that in mind I think it will be an email. Would be ideal to hear soon tbh.
Well, If your Stage 3 was before mine, that means we'll both know for sure by the 10th, so 9 days... :S

When did you sit yours?

Make sure to update us if you hear anything!
MattPudzilla is offline  
Old 1st Jul 2019, 15:12
  #11268 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by MattPudzilla View Post
Well, If your Stage 3 was before mine, that means we'll both know for sure by the 10th, so 9 days... :S

When did you sit yours?

Make sure to update us if you hear anything!
mine was the week before yours. No news is good news so they say..
idloveit is offline  
Old 1st Jul 2019, 15:17
  #11269 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by idloveit View Post


mine was the week before yours. No news is good news so they say..

Ah right, so you should be finding out in the next couple of days?

Yeah I suppose so! It will be what it will be, you gonna try again if you don't get through this time?

MattPudzilla is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 10:12
  #11270 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: UK
Age: 35
Posts: 12
Good luck to all waiting to hear back from Stage 3!

I have mine coming up on the 24th July, so three weeks today! Anyone else sitting theirs on the same day?
Spacejam is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 12:18
  #11271 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Madrid
Posts: 2
I will be there on the 24th!
German Alv is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 16:37
  #11272 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 2
Good luck to all, and Spacejam I’ll be attending on the 24th also! Looking forward to it. 😀
AdamH96 is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 17:28
  #11273 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by taybz View Post
Thank you Topcat47... although the new one isn't as complicated as the old one... I need to know aircraft type, cruising level, speed, and destinations, thankfully they have simplified this section a little.
I like the graph idea I will try this, It may help with recall
it's good to know they don't focus too much on this last section, takes the stress out of it a little
Thanks, hope our paths do cross
I hope today went well for you!
Serravelle is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 18:06
  #11274 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: london
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by Serravelle View Post
I hope today went well for you!
I think it went well, but I'm always the second guessing myself after the fact... now the waiting starts, they did mention it could a few weeks to here back.
Good luck to all who have their stage 3 coming up and to those who are waiting to hear back from the assessment day
taybz is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 18:37
  #11275 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by taybz View Post
I think it went well, but I'm always the second guessing myself after the fact... now the waiting starts, they did mention it could a few weeks to here back.
Good luck to all who have their stage 3 coming up and to those who are waiting to hear back from the assessment day
Well done for completing the day, hope it went well. Can i ask how many candidates were there today?
idloveit is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 18:42
  #11276 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: london
Posts: 16
there were 7 but I think it varies each time
taybz is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2019, 18:57
  #11277 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: York
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by Spacejam View Post
Good luck to all waiting to hear back from Stage 3!

I have mine coming up on the 24th July, so three weeks today! Anyone else sitting theirs on the same day?
I've got mine on the 24th as well!
Sweval is offline  
Old 4th Jul 2019, 08:04
  #11278 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Hillingdon
Posts: 13
Jailhouse!

Hi Jailhouse,

Please clear your inbox, can not send any sms.
Mishelche is offline  
Old 4th Jul 2019, 15:25
  #11279 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Brussels
Posts: 4
9th July

Hi guys,
Thanks for your replies on my question regarding the Manchester Area Control Centre.
Good luck to all who are still waiting for their stage 3 and for those waiting for the results.
Anybody else here also scheduled for 9th July for stage 3?

Last edited by OH_OBS; 9th Jul 2019 at 18:32. Reason: Correction
OH_OBS is offline  
Old 4th Jul 2019, 21:44
  #11280 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: UK
Posts: 10
Whilst I appreciate people are eager and wanting to get a step ahead of the process by knowing what’s going to be on the knowledge test and what aptitude assessments are taken on the day, being told this undermines the entire application process and puts both you and the people you ask at risk of being withdrawn from the process. Equally, certain assessments are conducted to specifically select a certain type of person based on their personality and aptitude, asking someone ‘What answers have you put and what personality have you portrayed’ is simply not acceptable and if anyone helps these people, then more fool you.

Giving people advice on what to expect is fair enough, but wanting people to help you with the answers and how to manipulate certain traits just shows lack of judgment and a real lack of consciousness towards safety.

Anyway.. what do I know? Just my two cents! Rant over
Gingers Have Souls is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.