View Full Version : Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Flightradar247
16th Apr 2024, 18:00
Anyone recieved the assessments yet?

Banksy83
16th Apr 2024, 18:12

My reply said over the next couple of days, guessing quite a few applying again lol

Flightradar247
16th Apr 2024, 18:14
Yep. Got the same. Suprised this thread isn’t very active with excitement yet

GFBarber
16th Apr 2024, 18:52
It states

There will be a delay of up to 2 working days between submitting your application and being invited to the first test.

Also, do you have to upload GCSE certs?

chinook123
16th Apr 2024, 19:48
My link for the situational judgement test came through this afternoon, about 3.5 hrs after submitting... I think they're reviewing each application through, hence the up to 2 day delay?

I did upload GCSE certs in the file upload section.

chinook123
16th Apr 2024, 20:16

Yes I got the situational judgement assessment link about 3.5 hrs after submitting the application. I guess it will take them some time to go through each entry at this stage though, hence the up to 2 days waiting time?

I uploaded GCSE certs on the documents page.

PoppetM
16th Apr 2024, 20:25
I’ve read the application process document on BA’s website, but for ghost of you Who’ve already applied, What is required to have ready when applying on The website? What documents? Also, any UE citizens applying? What about the right to work in the UK? I couldn’t find any useful related information about it

It states

There will be a delay of up to 2 working days between submitting your application and being invited to the first test.

Also, do you have to upload GCSE certs?
—————
It didn’t give a definitive list but it asks for supporting documents and refers to GCSE certificates etc in the paragraph above the upload button. (Sorry, can’t remember the exact wording!

Flightradar247
16th Apr 2024, 20:31
Have just recieved the first test

oktrue
16th Apr 2024, 21:07
how difficult was it

Speedbird183
16th Apr 2024, 21:14

did you get invited to the test after straight away?

BlueCider
16th Apr 2024, 21:33
Has anyone completed the first test yet?

krankenhaus145
16th Apr 2024, 21:43
My link for the situational judgement test came through this afternoon, about 3.5 hrs after submitting... I think they're reviewing each application through, hence the up to 2 day delay?

I did upload GCSE certs in the file upload section.
I'm not so sure, as last time around we were told that BA only reviews your applications when you get to the final stage and they're deciding who to let in, also in the email immediately after the application, it says "In the coming days, you will receive an email regarding assessments" blah blah, so I think they're just spacing it out so they're system doesn't crash like it did last time around.

oneredpanther
17th Apr 2024, 06:20
If you read carefully (detail checking!) you'll note that uploading GCSE certs is only applicable at this stage for cabin crew, not pilots.

Received the assessment link.

RingleRider
17th Apr 2024, 06:59
If you read carefully (detail checking!) you'll note that uploading GCSE certs is only applicable at this stage for cabin crew, not pilots.

I thought this but that would also mean cabin crew need to upload ATPL certificates?

PoppetM
17th Apr 2024, 07:30
I applied around 6 pm last night and received first assessment around half an hour ago.

I thought there was a comma between the wording of GCSE certificates and the certification for airside and pilots was after the comma.

Either way, the GCSE’s is in the criteria for the position, I uploaded my certificates and received an assessment.

qqq
17th Apr 2024, 09:39
Has anyone received the second assessment yet? Was there a delay?

chinook123
17th Apr 2024, 11:12
Has anyone received the second assessment yet? Was there a delay?

It says on the website that you get an update the working day after you do each assessment

I did the first one yesterday evening and got the second test link about an hour ago.

DrDaz
17th Apr 2024, 11:21
I've received my SJT test and completed it. I got it today morning, applied last night.

Flightradar247
17th Apr 2024, 12:44
Recieved the second assessment late morning today

future_pilot_di
17th Apr 2024, 13:35
Are rejections coming out as slow? Or is it just assessments which comes out slow if you pass the previous one.

Biggles04
17th Apr 2024, 13:54
Can anyone remember whether or not you were allowed to have ATPL’s last year??? I read the criteria last year and applied as thought I was eligible?? Were we allowed them or did I read something wrong?

oneredpanther
17th Apr 2024, 14:09
For those who took the test already; were you free to use a calculator throughout?

BlueCider
17th Apr 2024, 14:10
Are rejections coming out as slow? Or is it just assessments which comes out slow if you pass the previous one.

Hi, the process has changed slightly for this year. The assessments are no longer being automatically accepted/rejected it seems therefore both pass/reject emails have a delay to them.

ZeeZaa
17th Apr 2024, 16:46
Hi,

Two Quick Qs

A) have BA (or any of the flight schools) expanded on their allowance during their training (i.e. monetary value)?

B) first round in Sept 23, second round in Apr 24 - does one presume the programme opens again in Sept 24? In their FAQs, mentions "to run scheme every year" - unsure if next round is in Apr 24?

Thanks so much!

chris09
17th Apr 2024, 16:47
I attended one of the calls and they said that rejection emails would also be delayed rather than instant as the September round.

charliecharlie7
17th Apr 2024, 20:21
Recieved the second assessment late morning today
Hi have you completed this already?

Flightradar247
17th Apr 2024, 20:24
Hi have you completed this already?

yep. Now waiting to see if I get the next one

charliecharlie7
17th Apr 2024, 20:31
yep. Now waiting to see if I get the next one
was this the maths one?

chinook123
17th Apr 2024, 20:37
For those who took the test already; were you free to use a calculator throughout?

Yes you can use a calculator :)

Flightradar247
17th Apr 2024, 20:44
was this the maths one?

Ye completed the maths one tonight

charliecharlie7
17th Apr 2024, 20:48
Ye completed the maths one tonight
Oh nice, how was it?

GentleMolasses
18th Apr 2024, 09:26
For those who received the maths assessment or rejections, did you receive this notification exactly 1 business day (24 hours) after submitting the SJT assessment?

Roewester1
18th Apr 2024, 10:50
I have just done the checking test today. Does anyone know if the people who get rejected receive that email straight away?

brazilianbird
18th Apr 2024, 11:14
Oh nice, how was it?
I completed it a few minutes ago, and it was okay!

leoniemath
18th Apr 2024, 12:36
After the math assessment, if you fail, you should receive a message saying 'rejected'. At least, that's what was written just before I took the test

kiana3011
18th Apr 2024, 14:49

no? The only thing required from cabin crew was the attestation certificate. Detail checking!

kiana3011
18th Apr 2024, 16:40
Did the maths test, completely guessed one of the answers as I thought if I have time I’d go back to it, went back and changed the random answer just on a whim, after the test figured out how to work it out and realised that my first random guess was the correct one. I am heartbroken

Flightradar247
18th Apr 2024, 16:56
The maths test was okay. The checking test I did tonight and ran out of time. Was much harder

Flightradar247
18th Apr 2024, 16:59
I had one question left and ran out of time. Did anyone get to the next stage at any point without answering all the questions? Not sure if it counts as an automatic fail or just counts as a wrong answer

Roewester1
18th Apr 2024, 17:04
On the checking test I did all the questions with 2 seconds to spare. The timer ran out before I could submit the answers. Do you reckon they still would have gone through?

charliecharlie7
18th Apr 2024, 17:24
The maths test was okay. The checking test I did tonight and ran out of time. Was much harder
interesting! Sent you a message also 👍

joey7415963
18th Apr 2024, 18:34
I had one question left and ran out of time. Did anyone get to the next stage at any point without answering all the questions? Not sure if it counts as an automatic fail or just counts as a wrong answer

Literally about to click submit on the last question and it timed out :(

Flightradar247
18th Apr 2024, 18:40
yep had exactly this. Was yours on the checking?

really keen to hear if anyone has got past one of the stages having ran out of time. Hoping it just counts as an incorrect answer

Speedbird183
18th Apr 2024, 18:40

Yeh it was a lot more difficult than last time, I managed to scrape by with around 10 seconds but last year had over a minute. Now it’s. 4-5 day wait to see if successful with that stage.

joey7415963
18th Apr 2024, 18:45
yep had exactly this. Was yours on the checking?

really keen to hear if anyone has got past one of the stages having ran out of time. Hoping it just counts as an incorrect answer

Yes, last year I seem to remember completing it with spare time. Not sure if anyone passed last year missing one. Only one way to find out! Just sit and wait

kiana3011
18th Apr 2024, 18:56

wait is this a bad thing? it’s bad to use every second? you get penalised for not clicking submit??
sorry just realised this meant in relation to submitting the last question not pressing submit on the final page after all answers are complete

oktrue
18th Apr 2024, 19:11
I only managed to get through 18 of the maths questions. Will it be enough to get through to the checking test?

PoppetM
18th Apr 2024, 19:49
I ran out of time on the maths one and it said timed out just as I clicked submit on an answer. I assumed it was just on that answer. Guess we will find out…

JoeFrank
18th Apr 2024, 20:03
Anyone passed the maths test without submitting all answers? I think I completed 14 or 15 of them, then ran out of time. If you fail how long until you know?

PPRuNeUser0218
18th Apr 2024, 21:19
Applied on Tuesday, received an invite for the SJT later that evening around 9 hours later. Completed this on Wednesday and received an invite to the Maths test today at midday. Seems like a slight delay in receiving a further invite

DiveMaster
18th Apr 2024, 21:28
How many questions were in the maths test and checking test?

Flightradar247
18th Apr 2024, 21:30
Joey and roe have sent you a private message

eden.vnst
18th Apr 2024, 22:05
Does anyone know if they judge your CV and question answer before the passenger announcement test or after the passenger announcement test?
Thanks

SvenRob
18th Apr 2024, 22:36
I only managed to that much as well bit im not sure if we'll cut it this time simply due to the sheer amount of people applying, there's bound to be more people who answered more than us. It is what it is i guess :(

edotmdot
19th Apr 2024, 07:14
Any EU citizens out there applying? Do you have the right to work and live in the UK without sponsorship as required by the airline? How could I know if I’m eligible? (Italian citizen here) Because I think the only way for me to get the right to work is through a sponsor for me to get a working visa, but I couldn’t find any specific info on the internet

KTwig04
19th Apr 2024, 08:58
Hi, I’m currently finishing my second year of an undergraduate degree at university and will be finished by May 2025. I was wondering if it was worth applying now or if I should wait until next year as I’ve heard that I only have three attempts to apply to this course (not sure if that is true or not though)

any advice would be appreciated.

thank you!

Flightradar247
19th Apr 2024, 09:39
Has anyone recieved rejections yet?

chris09
19th Apr 2024, 09:48
Has anyone recieved rejections yet?
Still waiting for an update after completing the SJT yesterday...

Flightradar247
19th Apr 2024, 09:55

My updates have all come through at 11am the last few days

kiana3011
19th Apr 2024, 09:57
My updates have all come through at 11am the last few days?

got my maths test invite at 11 yesterday but didn’t complete it til 5, hoping I get an answer by 11 regardless though

Roewester1
19th Apr 2024, 10:00
I believe the SJT outcomes will take 4 business days.

ER2978
19th Apr 2024, 10:01
Do you have to pass the maths test to be able to do the checking test?

oneredpanther
19th Apr 2024, 10:10
Any EU citizens out there applying? Do you have the right to work and live in the UK without sponsorship as required by the airline? How could I know if I’m eligible? (Italian citizen here) Because I think the only way for me to get the right to work is through a sponsor for me to get a working visa, but I couldn’t find any specific info on the internet

The guidance is clear: you need "The right to live and work in the UK without sponsorship" or in other words you need to be a British Citizen, or a Permanent Resident of the United Kingdom with 'indefinite leave to remain' not contingent upon any other factor. Merely getting a sponsorship or work visa will be ineligible I'm afraid.

avpiper
19th Apr 2024, 10:31
Same for me, just got invited for the checking test at 11am after doing the maths last night at 10pm.

PoppetM
19th Apr 2024, 10:33
Yep, just received my rejection after the maths assessment. All the best to the rest of you 😁 good luck!

brazilianbird
19th Apr 2024, 10:35
Yes, I just did! After only answering 15 questions from Math.

avk
19th Apr 2024, 10:37
Just got a rejection after I did the maths test yesterday. I didn't get to complete all the questions. Really disappointed and wish they told you what your mark was / if the time was the reason you got rejected.

mathewum
19th Apr 2024, 10:44
For me I had to guess the last 5 questions in the maths test as I ran out of time. None of the maths was hard annoyingly, just my speed at typing it into a calculator. Sounds like you guys have some fast fingers compared to me!

A320R348
19th Apr 2024, 11:57
Checking definitely seemed harder this time round.. ran out of time just as I figured out the final question. Guess its a wait and see now :ugh::}

qqq
19th Apr 2024, 12:21

Any update? Did you get through?

b737ftw
19th Apr 2024, 12:47
Anyone passed the maths test without submitting all answers? I think I completed 14 or 15 of them, then ran out of time. If you fail how long until you know?
I was short of 1 to finish all but just now got invited to the checking test.

DiveMaster
19th Apr 2024, 13:00
I know this is looking a little far ahead.... but any idea on when the video interviews will be? Having just recieved my exam timetable for my final year at university, I'm just planning ahead to see if I can make any arrangements.

ashleysly
19th Apr 2024, 15:05
Checking definitely seemed harder this time round.. ran out of time just as I figured out the final question. Guess its a wait and see now :ugh::}

same to me. Did Q12 then got to next page to submit, clicked and then took me to the timed out page. Hoping all 12 did get submitted.
Anyone know how long roughly this part will take, to know whether the checking was successful?

BobbyAxe
19th Apr 2024, 15:22
Hi all, I just did the checking test this afternoon and also timed out. Fortunately i managed to complete the maths test with time to spare. I’ve found i’ve been receiving further links the following day around 11am.
Best of luck to all!

oneredpanther
19th Apr 2024, 15:23
Phew! Completed the maths test. All questions finished with just under two minutes to spare. It's frantic but honestly not difficult. For me there was lots of tabular data and matrix lookups, with calculations derived from that - not unlike the checking tests. Just keep your wits about you and it'll be over before you know it. Now the anxious wait!

PPRuNeUser0218
19th Apr 2024, 15:38
You might want to wait till next year in this case. From the FAQ's on the BA site:

I’m part way through a college/university course, can I apply?
This is your decision. Courses will start in the first few months of 2025 and if you are successful and are offered a place, you will not be able to defer to a future date. If you wish to finish your college/university course, you will need to apply to a future scheme.

EIDW28R
19th Apr 2024, 19:28

Hey, From Ireland here, thankfully we still have the right to work in the UK without a visa or sponsorship, but I believe we are the only EU country with this special agreement through way of our common travel area.

tsabir62
19th Apr 2024, 20:30
Unsure if this is relevant here but regarding the choice between skyborne and ftejerez, i was just wondering that if i went with ftejerez could the ground school portion be done here? (i live beside heathrow)
Or does the entirety of your training take place in Spain?

Thanks

SvenRob
19th Apr 2024, 20:49
You only get more information for the interview this year if you pass your checking test. Also, not a video interview this year, they have decided to change it so you have to send an audio recording of whatever task they set. Hope this helps! :)

charliecharlie7
19th Apr 2024, 22:01
Does anyone know the pass mark for maths?

Banksy83
19th Apr 2024, 22:01
I believe the SJT outcomes will take 4 business days.

Mine was the next day

Banksy83
19th Apr 2024, 22:05
Does anyone know the pass mark for maths?

Do you mean the test after the SJT? I havent found anything regarding pass marks yet. I just missed on clicking submit for the 25th questions the time ran out 🤣.

Guess better to have 20 out of 20 correct then try to get all 25 done and only get 20

DRS247
19th Apr 2024, 22:46

Hi, I have been talking about it to Skyborne. On the FAQs that they had put out, they said that applicants must have the right to live & study for unto 6 months in the UK (which would make all EU citizens eligible) but the BA web says eligible to live & work in the UK without any sponsorship. So these are 2 conflicting statements. I am in contact with Skyborne about this & waiting to hear back from them.

skyborne.com/uk/british-airways-speedbird-faq/

chris09
20th Apr 2024, 06:11
11am seems to be the magic time, got my maths test link through then!

The BA team said in one of the calls that they couldn’t share the pass marks for the tests but I’m guessing it must be up there.

Muhammad Wafi
20th Apr 2024, 12:45
Guys yesterday I gave mine SJT and got my result today, unfortunately didn't passed it. So now the question is how to prepare for SJT in future cause i am pretty confident about maths test, if only I pass SJT in future

joey7415963
20th Apr 2024, 13:02
just got rejected… it seems 15 maths questions are not enough… does someone know how to practice for the maths one? My issue wasn’t the math itself but the speed to resolve it.
Sorry to hear, they recommend bitesize on the advanced information.

Personally, I think it's just a case of practice makes perfect. I bought access to some practice tests online and found it helped to boost my confidence and speed up my mental arithmetic.

AdamCE0465
20th Apr 2024, 13:18
I've completed the SJT and maths assessment over the last couple of days and just done the checking test, 12 questions in 6 minutes is a bit of a push but it's definitely doable. The final question was asking you to select the incorrect answer given below however, all four options were correct...there wasn't a actually an incorrect answer. Ended up running out of time on that last question so just hoping that won't make or break it.

mathewum
20th Apr 2024, 13:21
Surprisingly I passed the maths test without finishing the last 5 questions, interesting. Guess I aced all the questions I answered.

For the checking test do you get your result in the same timeframe or is it more delayed?

RingleRider
20th Apr 2024, 14:12
I've completed the SJT and maths assessment over the last couple of days and just done the checking test, 12 questions in 6 minutes is a bit of a push but it's definitely doable. The final question was asking you to select the incorrect answer given below however, all four options were correct...there wasn't a actually an incorrect answer. Ended up running out of time on that last question so just hoping that won't make or break it.

not sure if the questions are the same, but there definitely was an incorrect one in mine, albeit a subtle error!

RingleRider
20th Apr 2024, 14:13
Guys yesterday I gave mine SJT and got my result today, unfortunately didn't passed it. So now the question is how to prepare for SJT in future cause i am pretty confident about maths test, if only I pass SJT in future

wouldn’t say there is much preparation you can do, the test is designed to see how you would respond and if they align with the BA Values/Pilot competencies.

avpiper
20th Apr 2024, 14:40
not sure if the questions are the same, but there definitely was an incorrect one in mine, albeit a subtle error!
yeah very subtle! Had 2 minutes remaining for the last question and barely got it in on time. 10 seconds left

Muhammad Wafi
20th Apr 2024, 15:07
So you are suggesting that next time I appear I should do research on BA values and PIlot Competencies a bit more thorough

AdamCE0465
20th Apr 2024, 15:39
yeah most of mine were really subtle like 1 letter or number differedifference last one had nothing...either that or I'm just blind 😂

APU.INOP
20th Apr 2024, 15:40
Nice to (very slowly) see the return of funded training courses! Hopefully this trend will continue

realECMLdriver
20th Apr 2024, 16:32

Same goes for me, assuming the same bank of questions. Made it with about 4 seconds to spare and I almost missed that last, but subtle error!

ALP1
20th Apr 2024, 16:37
Hi all,

Just completed the checking exercise. I'm wondering how many applicants are lost from each stage?
Is the next a video/audio type exercise? (Passenger announcement).
wonder how many invited to assessment day and % culled from that?.

Apologies, pretty excited but lots of questions.

wineallwine
20th Apr 2024, 16:38

It sounds like the same as mine which I think was very sneaky!

SierraLimaJuliette
20th Apr 2024, 18:46
Good luck everyone 🤞🏻

Did my SJT yesterday, received a link for maths at 11.30am today which I completed at approx 2.30...the wait is on...😬

I dont know about any of you but the nerves really get the better of me on these tests, I know I'm well capable of them all but need to learn how to manage the nerves/panic better.

Mustang123
20th Apr 2024, 18:57
Does anyone who have done the maths test knowif you can go back if you have time to revisit any questions - doing mine to tomorrow

Pilot1767
20th Apr 2024, 20:42

I thought the same on my last one (maybe the same question) was a question related to the aircraft their ranges, recent location etc. I believe the A380 row had an error, can’t remember exactly what it was though.

wineallwine
20th Apr 2024, 20:57
Does anyone who have done the maths test knowif you can go back if you have time to revisit any questions - doing mine to tomorrow
You won't have time and it doesn't let you revisit questions anyway

my_call
21st Apr 2024, 00:29
Most questions are being answered on their application page:

https://careers.ba.com/job/heathrow/speedbird-pilot-academy/22348/64018121712Important messages:

After being invited to a test, you will have a maximum of 2 calendar days to complete it (e.g. if you are invited on a Thursday, you have until 23:59 on Saturday to complete it)

After completing any of our tests, you will receive an update on the next working day after finishing the test module. Please wait for an update before contacting us to check the status of your application.

If the Speedbird Pilot Academy application window closes early, you can continue with your online testing, provided you have created and submitted an application whilst the window was open.

Can someone please confirm that the deadline for completion is always 23:59 on the second calendar day and not based on the time the email was sent

bgcommepapa
21st Apr 2024, 02:09
if you can get a visa which gives you the right to live and work in the UK (e.g. youth mobility scheme visa for canadians, aussies, and kiwis) without sponsorship, you are eligible

bgcommepapa
21st Apr 2024, 02:16
yes, deadline is always at 23:59 on the second calendar day as it states, but you shouldn't be waiting until then anyway

NaW96
21st Apr 2024, 09:42
I’ve just completed the checking test. How did people find it?

Speedbird183
21st Apr 2024, 09:52
After being successful with all the tests last year I seem to have failed the checking test this year, absolutely gutted about this and it’s annoying to know. But good luck to everyone else.

my_call
21st Apr 2024, 09:59
yes, deadline is always at 23:59 on the second calendar day as it states, but you shouldn't be waiting until then anyway
Thanks. Was just doing a check, in case I misinterpreted, but clearly day of notification is not included in count of 2 calendar days max.

joey7415963
21st Apr 2024, 11:02
After being successful with all the tests last year I seem to have failed the checking test this year, absolutely gutted about this and it’s annoying to know. But good luck to everyone else.
Sorry to hear, they were more challenging this year, keep at it! Still waiting mine 😬

NaW96
21st Apr 2024, 11:10

Sorry to hear this. How long did it take you to find out after completing the checking test?

bgcommepapa
21st Apr 2024, 11:11

I thought I smashed the checking test out of the park but I just got the rejection email as well... such a shame

my_call
21st Apr 2024, 11:51
Sorry to hear that. It's inevitable to feel gutted. Keep at it. You can only join the dots looking backwards

WingedTiger
21st Apr 2024, 13:36
Does anyone remember what the final question in the Maths Test was about? Just finished the test and had to guess my last question which was about a Neo and number of passengers. When I went to press next I timed out. I'm hoping that question was the last or at most second last?

VJW
21st Apr 2024, 13:57
You won't have time and it doesn't let you revisit questions anyway

So if you skip over one because you think it'd take too much time to answer, you don't think, even if you have time at the end, you can go back to it? I can't believe that's the case. Can anyone else confirm?

DiveMaster
21st Apr 2024, 14:14
I remember it saying at the beginning of the test that you can't go back to questions. They said that was the case for the SJT too but I was able to change one of my answers. I didn't check whether this was the case for the maths test though.

my_call
21st Apr 2024, 14:20
So if you skip over one because you think it'd take too much time to answer, you don't think, even if you have time at the end, you can go back to it? I can't believe that's the case. Can anyone else confirm?
That is the case. They state that with the initial instructions before you start and I agree that it's moot because you won't have the time to go back.

ashleysly
21st Apr 2024, 14:55
Did you get a rejection after your checking test? Or are you anticipating a fail?
I am waiting to hear back so wondering if no news is good news.

KoalaKandy
21st Apr 2024, 15:41
Just completed by checking test and yes, a touch more difficult than last year but I'd got through all the questions or so I thought!!

On the very last one - I'd selected my answer with 5 seconds remaining and no final 'Continue' or 'Submit' button appeared - leaving the test to time out.

I've emailed them explaining which answer I'd picked but couldn't submit. Doubtful it'll help at all - but will be a shame if that's the make or break for me proceeding...

chris09
21st Apr 2024, 16:43
I finished with a couple of minutes to spare and was able to go back and check a couple of answers - I had guessed one that I thought was taking too long so was relieved to be able to go back to it and correct!

my_call
21st Apr 2024, 16:47
In that case the instructions were wrong then and I stand corrected on both accounts. That is some impressive speed. Just to be clear, for which test are you referring to? I was referring to the maths.

b737ftw
21st Apr 2024, 18:05
Just got the news that I didn’t pass the checking test :/

mori12
21st Apr 2024, 18:36
Is there any way to get your assessment results?

speedbird2024
21st Apr 2024, 18:45
I'm going to try and avoid giving anything away here but for the checking test (mainly the second half) were people comparing singular rows or the entire table? There was 1 question where everything was in the table but 4 out of the 5 pieces of information was in one row and 1 out of 5 pieces was in a different row so I ended up saying that the singular piece was incorrect (despite it still being in the table). Perhaps I'm being silly but this has absolutely bamboozled me! Although, as I write this out its beginning to dawn on me that I was wrong, we'll see!

chris09
21st Apr 2024, 19:43
In that case the instructions were wrong then and I stand corrected on both accounts. That is some impressive speed. Just to be clear, for which test are you referring to? I was referring to the maths.
Yep for the maths one, I was amazed I had any time but definitely messed one question up so pleased I could go back! It did say in the instructions you couldn’t…

Roewester1
21st Apr 2024, 19:44
I'm going to try and avoid giving anything away here but for the checking test (mainly the second half) were people comparing singular rows or the entire table? There was 1 question where everything was in the table but 4 out of the 5 pieces of information was in one row and 1 out of 5 pieces was in a different row so I ended up saying that the singular piece was incorrect (despite it still being in the table). Perhaps I'm being silly but this has absolutely bamboozled me! Although, as I write this out its beginning to dawn on me that I was wrong, we'll see!

I also said that singular line was wrong but my guess is that saying only that line is wrong or every other one is would both be correct and thus have the same marks. I imagine that question was deliberate to see how we intepret that sort of data.

NaW96
21st Apr 2024, 20:05
Just got the news that I didn’t pass the checking test :/
So sorry to hear this. when did you take your test? How long have you been waiting?

SierraLimaJuliette
21st Apr 2024, 20:46
Yep for the maths one, I was amazed I had any time but definitely messed one question up so pleased I could go back! It did say in the instructions you couldn’t…

That's impressive!! Well done! I managed 22 out of 25, my fingers went to jelly and I automatically forgot how to use a calculator 😂 thankfully still managed a pass though!

hawser
21st Apr 2024, 20:48
How long after did you find out? I completed the checking test about 3 days ago now and only found out today that my application isn't being progressed further. I'm trying to figure out whether it was to do with the checking test or if it was something to do with my CV / actual application itself being the reason that I haven' gotten through

RingleRider
22nd Apr 2024, 09:28
I haven’t heard anything after completing my checking test a few days ago, assuming that it’s a rejection at this point. Has anyone been invited to the next stage (passenger announcement) yet?

avpiper
22nd Apr 2024, 10:01
Note heard anything for 3 days about the checking test, although I thought it went well. Bear in mind the wait between SJT to Maths to Checking was up to 3 days and between checking and pax announcement they said 4-5 days so hopefully its not bad news 🤞

AdamCE0465
22nd Apr 2024, 10:22
I haven’t heard anything after completing my checking test a few days ago, assuming that it’s a rejection at this point. Has anyone been invited to the next stage (passenger announcement) yet?
the magic time seems to be around 11.25 is so hopefully soon

speedbird2024
22nd Apr 2024, 10:40

I wouldn't necessarily assume rejection, they stated in the instructions for the checking test that it would take about 4-5 business days for them to get back to you. That will be for both successful and unsuccessful applicants, so I wouldn't worry just yet!

A320R348
22nd Apr 2024, 10:45
Just have to wait and see.. they did say 4-5 business days till anything after the checking test. Maybe they’re screening CV’s and Questions at this stage to reduce the number of PA annoucements they got to listen to.

FLYhigh129
22nd Apr 2024, 10:53
SJT test completed on 21/04 at 1pm, invited to Maths test 22/04 12pm. only had to wait a day - not to bad!

SierraLimaJuliette
22nd Apr 2024, 11:27
Got my rejection today so that's me out...pretty bummed but I'll improve next year. I completed checking yesterday so a pretty quick rejection compared to what they advised. Maybe those who haven't heard anything could be getting good news so Good Luck to you all!!

amber.dodd
22nd Apr 2024, 12:02
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever had a similar issue and knows what to do. I did the maths test on Saturday for BA and unfortunately my laptop crashed and died 3 questions in. I managed to try to login on my phone and continue there. But unfortunately losing 3 minutes in a test like that is quite detrimental and I was not able to complete it to the best of my ability. I’m really gutted about this and have emailed asking if there’s anyway I can redo it, I know in emails no redos are allowed but maybe as it is a technical issue out of my control they might be lenient. Any help on this is really appreciated. Thanks

kiana3011
22nd Apr 2024, 12:02
I'm going to try and avoid giving anything away here but for the checking test (mainly the second half) were people comparing singular rows or the entire table? There was 1 question where everything was in the table but 4 out of the 5 pieces of information was in one row and 1 out of 5 pieces was in a different row so I ended up saying that the singular piece was incorrect (despite it still being in the table). Perhaps I'm being silly but this has absolutely bamboozled me! Although, as I write this out its beginning to dawn on me that I was wrong, we'll see! I just realised that I went by surname lol so I didn’t even look to see if there was one where all pieces of info were correct bar surname, technically you could base your answer off any piece of correct info no?

NaW96
22nd Apr 2024, 12:59
Has anyone had any results from the checking test?

MB12
22nd Apr 2024, 13:59
Just got the invite for the maths test, will do it tomorrow morning with a fresh brain. Any non-specific prep advice greatly appreciated.

oneredpanther
22nd Apr 2024, 14:41
Just completed the Checking Test. For me this was by far the most difficult on account of the punishing time pressure. I made it to the end - just - with seemingly two seconds to spare. I don't know if I was successful in submitting my final answer, because when I hit submit on my choice, a few seconds later it said the test had timed out rather than completed. But I hope it went okay.

I know you'll all want some guidance for Checking, but in this case you really cannot prepare. You just need to be very fast at comparing data. I will say though, if it puts your mind at rest, that unlike the paid practice tests that many of us have been doing, there aren't any of those pernicious rows of almost-identical number strings (such as 54321098654 / 54321098645 / 54321097654 / 54231098654) that have been the bane of my existence when practising. The errors are generally quite distinct. Time is the challenge, not the data.

Personally I feel 50/50 about this one. I was highly confident that I passed the others (correctly) but this is quite a wildcard due to the pressure. Even if you could go back and check, there is zero chance you'll have the time to do so.

Good luck everyone!

Flatiron220
22nd Apr 2024, 15:28
Finished my maths test now with at least 3 minutes to spare. Out of curiosity, did anyone buy aptitude tests to practice with beforehand?

DiveMaster
22nd Apr 2024, 15:36
Didn't pass the maths test unfortunately... I didn't struggle with the questions but rather how quickly we had to do each question. I'm definintely going to apply again next year but wanted to see what could be recommended to help improve test wise and CV wise?

Would obtaining a PPL disqualify me for next year's application? I have saved enough for this, but as of now I don't have the funds to do any ATPL modular training consistently so I'm holding that off for a last resort sort of thing. I'm finishing university this summer so I have a lot of time on my hands before I start a job, so I'm wondering whether doing a PPL this summer would be a wise thing to do if it would be accepted in next year's applications. I'm aware that this scheme wouldn't accept anyone with ATPL experience.

Best of luck to everyone who has passed so far!

Banksy83
22nd Apr 2024, 17:11
Hi all,

Just completed the checking exercise. I'm wondering how many applicants are lost from each stage?
Is the next a video/audio type exercise? (Passenger announcement).
wonder how many invited to assessment day and % culled from that?.

Apologies, pretty excited but lots of questions.

Completed my checking yesterday. From what I've seen and heard, I believe the next stage is a passenger announcement, but unlike last year being a video, I think this year is audio only. And also there's freedom with the speech, as in there's a possibility they want your version rather than just reading the script word for word. Don't quote me on that though

my_call
22nd Apr 2024, 18:27
I don't think doing a PPL would disqualify you. It at least helps to address the question of what you are doing towards your goal and has other peripheral benefits, but it is not essential.

AOB: Has anyone else noticed an increase in spam email and attempts for account sign-ups with their email since recently signing into PPrune? There's a correlation on my side, but I'm trying to gauge with more certainty where spammers or hackers have recently obtained my email address from.

DeltaBravoFoxtrot
22nd Apr 2024, 18:44
Just completed the maths test - fingers crossed it went well. I managed to complete all of the questions with about 1.5 mins to spare; not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing! Some definitely seemed more tricky than others, that's for sure.

Best of luck to everyone else that has applied.

Bi88ow
22nd Apr 2024, 21:07
Just did the maths test. DID NOT finish it :bored:. For those who did all 25 in 17 mins...........WOW! Anxious wait now. Just wondering how long anyone waited and or got rejected following completion? Is it an instant 'Computer says no' email if you bomb it? I did 18 and pretty confident they are correct.

Flatiron220
22nd Apr 2024, 21:19
Just got the invite for the maths test, will do it tomorrow morning with a fresh brain. Any non-specific prep advice greatly appreciated.

Full disclaimer- only did mine today so no idea if I passed or not, but I used the links BA provide in their pre-test guidance as well as purchasing a battery of practice maths tests. I also used a physical calculator (Casio FX-85GT PLUS) which I’d used for Nat 5 (GCSE) maths, so I’d heavily recommend using a similar calculator, and getting used to using it. The maths itself isn’t super difficult, concepts such as percentages, speed distance time etc, so may be worth revisiting those depending on level of recent experience. Definitely also check the practice questions that BA supply on their pre test preparation pdf which come with a very useful explanation. A lot of users on the forum comment about issues with time, which is why I’d recommend getting used to working rapidly with a certain calculator and trying out a variety of aptitude tests.
Best of luck, hope this helps!

Mustang123
22nd Apr 2024, 21:22
I just realised that I went by surname lol so I didn’t even look to see if there was one where all pieces of info were correct bar surname, technically you could base your answer off any piece of correct info no?

I did this also - chose the correct name …. Technically are both ways of answering correct ? Didn’t even think about the way round. Wonder if the CV is now assessed before the video task as it says 4/5 days wait …… anyway good luck all

Bi88ow
22nd Apr 2024, 21:23
Did not finish maths test. Probably checked my answers for too long to ensure I was right. Did 18 that I think I got correct. How long is the wait to find out?

Oasis
22nd Apr 2024, 21:30
With the maths test, how many questions in how much time do you need to answer?

Bi88ow
22nd Apr 2024, 21:32
17 questions in 25 mins. It goes quick, and I did not finish it.

DeltaBravoFoxtrot
22nd Apr 2024, 21:32
It said 25 questions and 17 minutes to complete them, but the more I think about it - it didn't feel like 25 questions to me. Not sure if I’m just overthinking that now. :{

Flatiron220
22nd Apr 2024, 21:43
Evening, the maths test is 25 questions in 18 minutes. Check the BA preparation pdf to get an idea of what it’ll be like.

Banksy83
22nd Apr 2024, 21:57
With the maths test, how many questions in how much time do you need to answer?

If i remember rightly it was 25 questions and either 16 or 17 minutes.

PPRuNeUser0218
23rd Apr 2024, 08:46
For those asking the maths test is 25 questions in 17 minutes. I got to 24 before it timed out, however I still passed so don't worry if you didn't complete it. As others have said check the BA guidance doc on their website and practise topics such as percentages, time/distance/speed calculations and ratios. I completed mine around 5pm on Saturday and received the invite for the checking test at 11.30am on Sunday. Good luck to all!

oneredpanther
23rd Apr 2024, 09:04
Assuming we pass the passenger announcement, can anyone speculate when we'd be required to sit the further CUT-e aptitude tests from this date? Will they just be sprung on us with two days warning or will there be a longer time now?

chris09
23rd Apr 2024, 09:21
Just completed the Checking Test. For me this was by far the most difficult on account of the punishing time pressure. I made it to the end - just - with seemingly two seconds to spare. I don't know if I was successful in submitting my final answer, because when I hit submit on my choice, a few seconds later it said the test had timed out rather than completed. But I hope it went okay.

I know you'll all want some guidance for Checking, but in this case you really cannot prepare. You just need to be very fast at comparing data. I will say though, if it puts your mind at rest, that unlike the paid practice tests that many of us have been doing, there aren't any of those pernicious rows of almost-identical number strings (such as 54321098654 / 54321098645 / 54321097654 / 54231098654) that have been the bane of my existence when practising. The errors are generally quite distinct. Time is the challenge, not the data.

Personally I feel 50/50 about this one. I was highly confident that I passed the others (correctly) but this is quite a wildcard due to the pressure. Even if you could go back and check, there is zero chance you'll have the time to do so.

Good luck everyone!
Seconded with this, a really tough test. Would highly recommend doing the practice tests BA have suggested a few times over and any other you can online...you need to be very very quick.

Now nervously awaiting results of the checking test!

oneredpanther
23rd Apr 2024, 09:47
Now nervously awaiting results of the checking test!

Honestly I didn't even want to check my inbox this morning. Every email notification is a shot of adrenaline!

kiana3011
23rd Apr 2024, 09:49
Honestly I didn't even want to check my inbox this morning. Every email notification is a shot of adrenaline! when did you do the test?

chinook123
23rd Apr 2024, 09:50
Assuming we pass the passenger announcement, can anyone speculate when we'd be required to sit the further CUT-e aptitude tests from this date? Will they just be sprung on us with two days warning or will there be a longer time now?

I didn’t apply last year so someone who did may know more… but at the end of the speedbird job ad there are dates for the Skyborne and FTE virtual and in person assessment dates (between end of May and start of July) so I’d assume the CUT-e tests are on or around these dates?

jsmith98
23rd Apr 2024, 10:18
Applied 18th April
Situational Judgement Test completed on 19th
Maths Test completed on 21st
Detail Checking Test completed on 22nd

Now waiting to see if I have progressed to the Passenger Announcement Exercise...

jsmith98
23rd Apr 2024, 10:20

As per the Job Description page on the BA website:Below is the timeline of the assessment process.

FTEJerez selection dates - weeks commencing 27 May and 03 June (Waterside in-person assessments); weeks commencing 17 June, 24 June and 01 July (virtual assessments)

Skyborne selection dates - weeks commencing 20 May and 27 May (virtual assessments); weeks commencing 24 June, 01 July and 08 July (Waterside in-person)

British Airways Assessment Centre - weeks commencing 22 July, 29 July and 05 August (Waterside in-person)

Please note that the dates are subject to change.

We aim to communicate the outcome to the successful candidates by the end of August 2024.

NaW96
23rd Apr 2024, 10:44
Anyone heard back from the checking test today?

Condor775
23rd Apr 2024, 11:08
I'm also still awaiting a response. Completed my checking test on the 20th.

Pripatt
23rd Apr 2024, 12:34
Didn't pass the maths test unfortunately... I didn't struggle with the questions but rather how quickly we had to do each question. I'm definintely going to apply again next year but wanted to see what could be recommended to help improve test wise and CV wise?

Would obtaining a PPL disqualify me for next year's application? I have saved enough for this, but as of now I don't have the funds to do any ATPL modular training consistently so I'm holding that off for a last resort sort of thing. I'm finishing university this summer so I have a lot of time on my hands before I start a job, so I'm wondering whether doing a PPL this summer would be a wise thing to do if it would be accepted in next year's applications. I'm aware that this scheme wouldn't accept anyone with ATPL experience.

Best of luck to everyone who has passed so far!

Hey mate!

Hope you’re well, just wanted to pick your brain and to ask what kind of maths to focus on? Is it mainly stuff similar to the examples on the PowerPoint preparation material, I found a couple online tests and they are a bit difficult compared to the PowerPoint.
if you can please let me know and I will be grateful:)
thank you in advance

GentleMolasses
23rd Apr 2024, 12:51
As per the Job Description page on the BA website:Below is the timeline of the assessment process.

FTEJerez selection dates - weeks commencing 27 May and 03 June (Waterside in-person assessments); weeks commencing 17 June, 24 June and 01 July (virtual assessments)

Skyborne selection dates - weeks commencing 20 May and 27 May (virtual assessments); weeks commencing 24 June, 01 July and 08 July (Waterside in-person)

British Airways Assessment Centre - weeks commencing 22 July, 29 July and 05 August (Waterside in-person)

We aim to communicate the outcome to the successful candidates by the end of August 2024.

Does that mean there are 2 sets of assessments per flight school? Or you have the option to do them in-person or virtual?

Rookie986
23rd Apr 2024, 13:20

What does it mean by Waterside-in-person and if anyone knows what does it generally entail?

RingleRider
23rd Apr 2024, 13:51
I'm also still awaiting a response. Completed my checking test on the 20th.
I am in the same boat, completed checking on Saturday, patiently waiting a response.

Mustang123
23rd Apr 2024, 15:55
[QUOTE=RingleRider;11641360]I am in the same boat, completed checking on Saturday, patiently waiting a response.[/QUOTE

I think that is good news 👍🏼 I completed the checking test last night and had my rejection email this morning. Good luck 🤞🏼

airline-chick
23rd Apr 2024, 16:20
Has anyone managed to practice the checking tests online anywhere? I can find all the other tests, aptitude etc but nothing for ‘checking’?

Thank you.

jsmith98
23rd Apr 2024, 16:37
Has anyone managed to practice the checking tests online anywhere? I can find all the other tests, aptitude etc but nothing for ‘checking’?

Thank you.
Not much out there for checking tests..I used assesly and 123 test as advised on the prep document. I managed to do 11 out of the 12 questions then it timed out.

jsmith98
24th Apr 2024, 04:26
Does that mean there are 2 sets of assessments per flight school? Or you have the option to do them in-person or virtual?

From the previous selection, my understanding is that you will be placed into one of the two flight schools and have a selection of dates to choose from to attend the assessment - im not sure if there were virtual assessments last time but looks like there is now.

jsmith98
24th Apr 2024, 04:30
What does it mean by Waterside-in-person and if anyone knows what does it generally entail?

Looking at the previous selection information and threads, you should be able to find that the in-person assessments are the aptitude tests with the flight schools. You will get placed into one of the two flight schools (FTE Jerez or Skyborne), and then you have a date to choose from. On the day of the assessment, there will be aptitude tests to complete. If you pass this stage, then you will be invited to the British Airways Assessment.

b737ftw
24th Apr 2024, 06:56
So sorry to hear this. when did you take your test? How long have you been waiting?
I took it on the 19th and got the email on the 21st.

oneredpanther
24th Apr 2024, 09:12
[QUOTE=RingleRider;11641360]I am in the same boat, completed checking on Saturday, patiently waiting a response.[/QUOTE

I think that is good news 👍🏼 I completed the checking test last night and had my rejection email this morning. Good luck 🤞🏼

Really sorry to hear that. I know it must be disappointing news. We're all secretly waiting for our Checking rejections I think!

Given your timeline we might be able to infer some workings of the black box. I might imagine that if you fail the Checking right away, you get a rejection the next day; whereas if you get a rejection 4-5 days later then likely you passed the tests, but were chopped due to your CV or Motivation not meeting the standard.

The batches seem to go out at 11:20 GMT (at least for me) so I'm approaching 48hrs from my own checking now.

Good luck my dear nemeses and/or adversaries!

FLYhigh129
24th Apr 2024, 09:14
20/04/24 - Filled in application form and answered motivational question
21/04/24 - Invited and completed SJT test
22/03/24 - Invited and completed Maths test
23/04/24 - Invited and completed Checking test

Now the wait begins.. fingers crossed! :)

avpiper
24th Apr 2024, 09:17
The wait after the checking test is so stressful. 11am can't come soon enough!

kiana3011
24th Apr 2024, 09:21
[QUOTE=Mustang123;11641426]

Really sorry to hear that. I know it must be disappointing news. We're all secretly waiting for our Checking rejections I think!

Given your timeline we might be able to infer some workings of the black box. I might imagine that if you fail the Checking right away, you get a rejection the next day; whereas if you get a rejection 4-5 days later then likely you passed the tests, but were chopped due to your CV or Motivation not meeting the standard.

The batches seem to go out at 11:20 GMT (at least for me) so I'm approaching 48hrs from my own checking now.

Good luck my dear nemeses and/or adversaries! that timeline makes sense, I was confused how people were getting responses so quickly, I’m still waiting and I did my checking on Friday so on day 5 now. Fingers crossed I’ve made it through. How long have you been waiting?

Banksy83
24th Apr 2024, 09:26
[QUOTE=Mustang123;11641426]

Good luck my dear nemeses and/or adversaries!

I'm approaching 72 hours, hoping no news is good news

kiana3011
24th Apr 2024, 10:06
Having a re read at the preparation document and realised in the what we are/aren’t looking for section of the motivation question they had noted writing about your answer relating to the academy/ why BA. I am now realising I only specified my motivations towards applying for the academy and not really anything about why I choose BA. Will this be a big problem or is it more of an either or in regards to writing about the academy or the desire to work for BA?

MB12
24th Apr 2024, 11:49
Hey mate!

Hope you’re well, just wanted to pick your brain and to ask what kind of maths to focus on? Is it mainly stuff similar to the examples on the PowerPoint preparation material, I found a couple online tests and they are a bit difficult compared to the PowerPoint.
if you can please let me know and I will be grateful:)
thank you in advance

Without giving too much away I will just say that the practice questions are a good indicator of what is in the real test. I also found that other online tests tended to be more difficult than what is in the assessment. The bit which makes it difficult is the time constraint rather than the actual maths, as you only have 17 minutes to answer 25 questions, which I think works out to around 40 seconds per question. Quite a bit of that time can be used up just clicking numbers into a calculator and finding the answer on the list of options, so you really do have to be very quick to answer all the questions. I just did mine and didn't quite manage all the questions in time, so hopefully I got everything I did answer right and will get through despite missing the last few.

MB12
24th Apr 2024, 11:52
Looking at the previous selection information and threads, you should be able to find that the in-person assessments are the aptitude tests with the flight schools. You will get placed into one of the two flight schools (FTE Jerez or Skyborne), and then you have a date to choose from. On the day of the assessment, there will be aptitude tests to complete. If you pass this stage, then you will be invited to the British Airways Assessment.

Any idea what kind of aptitude tests the flight schools will be running?

LessThanSte
24th Apr 2024, 12:01

I read this as that there will be flight school assessments either virtually on some dates or in person on other dates at Waterside (BA's HQ, next to LHR) i.e. not at the flight schools themselves. That's then followed by a BA assessment at Waterside.

Thats what i inferred from the slidepack faq. I dont imagine the personal statement/CV was reviewed as part of the initial application. I guess everyone got the initial test invite, and if passed then got further invites. If the checking test is passed, there is then a more thorough review of test scores alongside the CV/personal statement to decide on whether to take forward to the next steps. Possibly implies a human rather than computer assessment, including for example that the personal statement had more than just 'i really want to be a pilot'. Would explain the 4-5 day turnaround, and also that some have been declined next day (i.e. didnt pass the checking task specifically.

Those asking re test prep - the tests are in line with the examples given in the faq slidepack, variations on the same theme. It wouldnt be fair to say more than that, really.

Good luck all.

my_call
24th Apr 2024, 12:03
I just realised that I went by surname lol so I didn’t even look to see if there was one where all pieces of info were correct bar surname, technically you could base your answer off any piece of correct info no?

The instructions for this were quite ambiguous in my opinion, led to the loss of valuable time to anyone who made this consideration and I suspect it was not part of the objective to trip applicants through this lack of clarity. Though, I guess it won't bother them as long as they get a bell curve to cull a great many and have enough that passed the threshold.

To my detriment, I started second-guessing myself and changing my answer on at least one question. This was after reading this forum, otherwise I don't think I would have considered it in time and just went with the first value in the row as the check row identifier. Anything we impart about info that can only stem from doing the test is essentially a clue, despite our efforts, but this shows that it can both help and hinder.

After this stage is complete, it would be interesting to poll how the successful approached this e.g. Checked correctness by:

1. using surname to identify row and then compare all other values against same row
2. used first value in table to identify row and then compare all other values against same row
3. compared against row with most matching values and determined exceptions from this
4. checked column by column and if value appeared in any column, deemed correct i.e. entire table check
5. checked for correctness against some other criteria

RingleRider
24th Apr 2024, 12:17
The instructions for this were quite ambiguous in my opinion, led to the loss of valuable time to anyone who made this consideration and I suspect it was not part of the objective to trip applicants through this lack of clarity. Though, I guess it won't bother them as long as they get a bell curve to cull a great many and have enough that passed the threshold.

To my detriment, I started second-guessing myself and changing my answer on at least one question. This was after reading this forum, otherwise I don't think I would have considered it in time and just went with the first value in the row as the check row identifier. Anything we impart about info that can only stem from doing the test is essentially a clue, despite our efforts, but this shows that it can both help and hinder.

After this stage is complete, it would be interesting to poll how the successful approached this e.g. Checked correctness by:

1. using surname to identify row and then compare all other values against same row
2. used first value in table to identify row and then compare all other values against same row
3. compared against row with most matching values and determined exceptions from this
4. checked column by column and if value appeared in any column, deemed correct i.e. entire table check

I think maybe they are checking for common sense, if all but one matches one row, and applying a little bit of common sense/logic one would assume that the single bit of info is incorrect field.

RingleRider
24th Apr 2024, 12:43
I have just received an email to do the audio assessment.

joey7415963
24th Apr 2024, 12:44
Me too, just come through!

benair11
24th Apr 2024, 12:49
I have also just received an invite to the audio exercise. Completed the checking test on the morning of the 22nd.

AdamCE0465
24th Apr 2024, 12:52
Me too, just come through!
mine too, congratulations everyone

NaW96
24th Apr 2024, 12:54
Anyone know how long we get to take the interview? Is it 2 days again?

Roewester1
24th Apr 2024, 13:01
I have been told I have 3 days to do the audio recording too. I wonder how many candidates they have cut out compared to last year since they never really screened the CV and had easier tests. By the time I reached the flight school interview last time, there were 300/24,000 candidates left but I imagine it will be less this time.

kiana3011
24th Apr 2024, 13:03
I have been told I have 3 days to do the audio recording too. I wonder how many candidates they have cut out compared to last year since they never really screened the CV and had easier tests. By the time I reached the flight school interview last time, there were 300/24,000 candidates left but I imagine it will be less this time. what do you mean they didn’t screen the cv?

my_call
24th Apr 2024, 13:03
I think maybe they are checking for common sense, if all but one matches one row, and applying a little bit of common sense/logic one would assume that the single bit of info is incorrect field.

"Dear So and So, you have been rejected due to a lack of common sense. Since we do no believe this is something you can improve upon, don't bother trying to apply again" :)

Congratulations for getting through and since you did, hopefully will get another crack at it and follow your approach, which was I eventually went with anyway, but lost time. All the best in the next stages.

chris09
24th Apr 2024, 13:12
Me too!

chinook123
24th Apr 2024, 14:21
I’ve had the audio announcement email too! good luck everyone

Interesting to see at the end of the email “You may not hear from us for up to 2 weeks; this is because our Speedbird Pilot Academy team are reviewing your application.”

I wonder if they have been reviewing applications between checking tests and now, or that comes after the PA?

oneredpanther
24th Apr 2024, 14:50
Passed the checking! Got my email this afternoon for the audio assessment :8

finn_vb_
24th Apr 2024, 15:56
Got mine as well!

wineallwine
24th Apr 2024, 15:57
oh no I've not got any audio invite despite having done my checking test on Saturday. Assuming that's a bad sign now :(

easy_99
24th Apr 2024, 16:17

Congrats to those getting through to the audio exercise. I'd also be interested to understand how people approached this checking question - I compared against the row with the most matching values and therefore selected the singular differing field as "incorrect" (option 3 that my_call listed above). This was the one question I wasn't too confident on (appreciate I may have got other questions wrong as well), and I got rejected the following day which makes me think I failed the test rather than it being my CV/motivation as someone suggested further up the thread that a quick rejection possibly implies having failed the test as its unlikely someones read your application that quickly. I am just speculating though, as only the recruitment team know exactly how the process works. This also happened to me last year which is a little frustrating to not know where I'm going wrong.

Good luck with the audio assessments and all the best to those still in the process :)

charliebayley
24th Apr 2024, 17:01
Recieved my invite to the announcement assessment this afternoon. Congratulations & best of luck to everyone taking this.
Interesting that they have noted this may take numerous weeks to process, I'm assuming this is now the transition between computational checking and human checking - hopefully a positive sign that we're down to a smaller selection of candidates!

DeltaBravoFoxtrot
24th Apr 2024, 17:31
Just completed the checking test. As has been mentioned here, the time constraint is what makes this quite tough. I wasn't able to complete all of them probably as a result of wanting to double check before moving out (not actually sure how many I managed to get through). Well done to anyone that has passed this - I am not optimistic, but fingers crossed.

jsmith98
24th Apr 2024, 17:49
Through to the Audio Recording Activity also..!

chris09
24th Apr 2024, 21:28
Completed the passenger announcement exercise this evening (going on holiday tomorrow)!

Not really anymore you can prep for it than what BA have included in the docs they have already shared.

It was a challenging one with the time pressure and thinking on the spot so I’m not hugely confident but will remain optimistic.

Best of luck to those completing over the coming days.

NaW96
24th Apr 2024, 21:31
Completed the passenger announcement exercise this evening (going on holiday tomorrow)!

Not really anymore you can prep for it than what BA have included in the docs they have already shared.

It was a challenging one with the time pressure and thinking on the spot so I’m not hugely confident but will remain optimistic.

Best of luck to those competing over the coming days.

what’s the timing of it all?

icedchailatte
24th Apr 2024, 23:03
Hi everyone. I’m a little confused. Does this program open once annually or every six months? I’ve heard both.

Cosioran16
25th Apr 2024, 01:45
Did you complete all the questions for the detail checking?

rebcar
25th Apr 2024, 11:10

Is it just a passenger announcement or additional interview questions as well?

rebcar
25th Apr 2024, 12:47

Hi, did the passenger announcement part include separate interview questions? Or is it literally just the passenger announcement, and questions related to that?

Bwix98
25th Apr 2024, 14:39

found this really helpful. I’ve just finished the checking and had two left but ran out of time! Do we think that’s an automatic fail?

calumblack001
25th Apr 2024, 14:40
I haven’t done it yet but just got approved to take it.

calumblack001
25th Apr 2024, 15:44
I didn’t complete all of the, it is what it is, I don’t recon I passed it :( good luck to you though 🤞

jontyj
25th Apr 2024, 17:19
oh no I've not got any audio invite despite having done my checking test on Saturday. Assuming that's a bad sign now :(

also not heard back yet after the checking test, despite doing on Monday - anyone else in that position?

Bwix98
25th Apr 2024, 17:39
Hi guys, just finished the checking test and was confident in every one I answered but had one remaining! Do we think that’s an instant fail or not??

TipTopTaff
25th Apr 2024, 18:36
Hi all,

First time poster - applied the other day, completed the SJT yesterday and Maths today - not convinced I have done enough on it yet though, don't think I got any wrong but don't think I got through it quickly enough. I got to the first ratio question and it timed me out just before I hit submit. Please feel free to be honest and tell me if that probably means to expect a rejection tomorrow!

Does anyone know what the "subsitence allowance" actually is? This would be a career change for me, at a stage in life where I haven't got a lot of bills, but I do have child support to pay and being able to ensure my kids are provided for is a huge thing. I know a lot of people will say "you should just accept it, you should make it work etc" but that isn't always practical for some!

Good luck to everyone, hopefully will get to meet/train with/work with some of you in the near future!

max2610
25th Apr 2024, 20:27
Completed the checking test yesterday but haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone heard anything today?

PPRuNeUser0218
25th Apr 2024, 21:45
Completed the checking test yesterday but haven't heard anything back yet. Has anyone heard anything today?

Completed mine on Tuesday still not heard anything. From other comments on here, it can take a few days before they give a response.

Banksy83
25th Apr 2024, 21:48

So it can take up to 4-5 business days to hear your result. I did my checking on Sunday and still haven't heard. I know a couple of people who have had their invites for their passenger announcement, and they did their checking tests Saturday and Sunday, respectively.

RingleRider
25th Apr 2024, 21:56
Hi all,

First time poster - applied the other day, completed the SJT yesterday and Maths today - not convinced I have done enough on it yet though, don't think I got any wrong but don't think I got through it quickly enough. I got to the first ratio question and it timed me out just before I hit submit. Please feel free to be honest and tell me if that probably means to expect a rejection tomorrow!

Does anyone know what the "subsitence allowance" actually is? This would be a career change for me, at a stage in life where I haven't got a lot of bills, but I do have child support to pay and being able to ensure my kids are provided for is a huge thing. I know a lot of people will say "you should just accept it, you should make it work etc" but that isn't always practical for some!

Good luck to everyone, hopefully will get to meet/train with/work with some of you in the near future!

for FTE Jerez it’s £50 a week, for Skyborne it’s £100 a week.

Banksy83
25th Apr 2024, 22:20
Hi all,

So regarding child Maintenance, technically you wont be under employment so the cms (if you deal through them rather than havign am external agreement) would say you pay nothing as youre not earning as such

BabyReindeer
25th Apr 2024, 22:37
So regarding child Maintenance, technically you wont be under employment so the cms (if you deal through them rather than havign am external agreement) would say you pay nothing as youre not earning as such

From what I understood only 13 weeks of the training was abroad at either of the bases and the rest in Gloucester? Is the weekly allowances applicable to the whole period of training? Does anyone have any idea how many hours are scheduled for training each week as I'm presuming I could find weekend or evening work to pay the bills?

BabyReindeer
25th Apr 2024, 22:56
for FTE Jerez it’s £50 a week, for Skyborne it’s £100 a week.

Wow. That's not much. From what I understand the parts of the training that are abroad are for 13 weeks either in Florida or Spain? Is this the rate of allowance throughout the whole 2 years?

Does anyone know what kind of hours are required each week as I'd have to do evening and weekend work to pay the bills. Fortunately I can work adhoc in my current profession so I'm hoping I could earn enough to see me through if I made it onto the course.

Gamer3313
26th Apr 2024, 01:37
Finished the checking test, just about finished in time but not sure about some the answer though, pretty sure for the middle section of questions the travel dates for one of the people in the table went backwards in time??

how did anyone else handle the 4 errors vs 1 errors question?

TipTopTaff
26th Apr 2024, 05:31
As true as that is, like any parent, I would never choose something for myself that meant my children would miss out.

Absolutely no way I could go from £27k a year to £50/£100 a week. My kids would suffer, and that isn't fair. No matter what this might mean for me

Oh well. Still a great opportunity to those who can afford it.

RingleRider
26th Apr 2024, 06:04
Wow. That's not much. From what I understand the parts of the training that are abroad are for 13 weeks either in Florida or Spain? Is this the rate of allowance throughout the whole 2 years?

Does anyone know what kind of hours are required each week as I'd have to do evening and weekend work to pay the bills. Fortunately I can work adhoc in my current profession so I'm hoping I could earn enough to see me through if I made it onto the course.

for FTE Jerez the full 2 years is in Spain, for Skyborne it’s $130 for the 6 months in the US.

hours for ground school in the first 6 months are your typical 9-5, but expect to be studying outside of this.

Hopes this helps “baby reindeer”

sent from iphoen

alltw94
26th Apr 2024, 07:39
I just finished answering the questions but didn't have time to click the button to submit my answers. It said I ran out of time to submit the test. Does that mean none of my answers were submitted for the test? Thanks

alltw94
26th Apr 2024, 07:45
Have you received a reply? I'm in the same situation. I wish I had seen your comment earlier. Thanks.

RichardH
26th Apr 2024, 08:03
BabyReindeer you won't like this but better to be forewarned.

In my over 25 years instructing on full-time/integrated ATPL courses you are very unlikely to have the time to do anything other than study for the ATPLs. It's the volume of sometimes pointless high class rubbish in the time required that is the killer. In addition to standard classroom time most students would probably spend at least 3 hours each evening and also some hours over the weekends (though I would always try to have a clear day).

ATPL theory requires 110% clear focus with no distractions or emotional baggage and you shall have to put your social life on hold for 6 months, a small price to pay in the long run. Students who ignore this advice are likely to be failing progress tests and the real exams with possible back-coursing or chopping. If you were fortunate enough to get selected I think BA (or any other sponsor) will take a poor view of you working part-time while they are paying for your training. Once you get to the flying phase things get more relevant and easier but you will still have to study about the aircraft & prepare for the next lesson.

Sajymundo
26th Apr 2024, 09:34
> Application Submitted - 22nd April
>Online Assessment 1 Invite - 22nd April
SJT Completed 23rd
>Online Assessment 2 Invite - 24th April
MATHS Completed 24th (24 out of 25 answered)
>Online Assessment 3 Invite - 25th April
Checking Completed - 26th (10 or 11 out of 12 answered)

Not confident about this one, fingers crossed.

G-VCED
26th Apr 2024, 09:52
I get the feeling that personal circumstance's may be examined closely at the interview stage towards the end (if we get there).

AFCB
26th Apr 2024, 09:58
So it can take up to 4-5 business days to hear your result. I did my checking on Sunday and still haven't heard. I know a couple of people who have had their invites for their passenger announcement, and they did their checking tests Saturday and Sunday, respectively.
I’m in the same position - completed checking Sunday evening but not heard anything back.

Assuming it’s the end of the road now - thought I did ok on the checking as got through it all, albeit have been going over the 4 or 1 error question on the tables in my head.

Will give it another go next time

Sajymundo
26th Apr 2024, 10:09
Did checking test today but didn't complete all 12 questions. Wonder how many you need to get correct to pass?

RingleRider
26th Apr 2024, 11:04
I get the feeling that personal circumstance's may be examined closely at the interview stage towards the end (if we get there).

what do you mean by that then? As in your home situation, whether you have a family etc?

L12345
26th Apr 2024, 11:21
I was invited to the Audio assessment at 11:50 however 15 minutes later was sent an email saying the following: We apologise for any confusion, the previous message was sent to you in error. If you have just started your application or are currently at a testing stage, please continue with this or await further instructions. If you have completed all your testing, please wait for us to contact you with further information on next steps.

anyone else get this?

HighSpeedTrainDriver
26th Apr 2024, 11:34
Hi everyone,

I can see the salary is ~ £35k upon completion of training, do you know roughly what the pay scale is and how frequently it goes up?

Thanks

MB12
26th Apr 2024, 11:49
Hi all,

I'm not sure how far through the first ratio question is but I passed the maths test without answering all the questions. I think I probably timed out around question 20. I think another commenter on here mentioned that they passed despite only answering 15 but I may be misremembering.

MB12
26th Apr 2024, 11:50
Just finished the checking test with 30 seconds to spare, so I guess I either did very well or very poorly. Fingers crossed for the former.

There's one question where I am 99% sure I made a mistake but feel quite confident about the rest.

kiana3011
26th Apr 2024, 12:23
How did everyone find the pax announcement? I only used a minute out of 2 for the first part (I did provide all the info given and don’t think I spoke too quickly) so im a bit worried, wonder how much everyone else took?

petersimonpurse
26th Apr 2024, 12:33
Hi all,

I did the checking on Saturday and got told I had got through to the next stage on Wednesday. I have just completed the PA announcement, good luck to all of you!

ted_striker87
26th Apr 2024, 12:47
I just finished the checking test also, didn't get time to answer question 12, and I most likely also got 11 eleven wrong. And assuming I got at least one more wrong as a general rule ha! Founds the maths test easy enough, answering all questions and I think all correctly too. Fingers crossed I did enough to pass checking, but I fear the worst. Also, it said it would be 4-5 days before I hear back, that it was the last assessment. But I thought there was a recording also?

G-VCED
26th Apr 2024, 12:51
what do you mean by that then? As in your home situation, whether you have a family etc?

Yes I am anticipating that if we get close to the end of the selection, they may ask questions like, what is your status, do you have a mortgage, do you have responsibility for anyone under 18 etc... I'm married with a mortgage and expect to get asked at some point if I get to that stage. How much it will be weighted in the decision making process I am not sure, but I'd expect they'd want us to have a strategy in place to make sure we can handle it all and may even ask what our strategy is.

Hi everyone,

I can see the salary is ~ £35k upon completion of training, do you know roughly what the pay scale is and how frequently it goes up?

Thanks

This website may provide some high level info, I am not sure how accurate it is though. I assume 'Short Haul FPP Pay' is 'Future Pilot Programme':

https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/British_Airways_Mainline

Chris the Robot
26th Apr 2024, 12:52
Hi everyone,

Thanks

I don't know whether flying pay and TAFB is added to the approx £35k or not but I imagine for a few years you'll be on a salary lower than the basic salary a decent TOC will pay you. That's before things like committed Sundays, RDW and any back pay should a deal be negotiated by a future government. When you factor in that you'll only have food and accomodation during training, from a purely economic view you'll stand to lose out a lot in the short-medium term. Detailed payscales for regular line pilots are listed on PPJN where it's possible to get an approximation of pay in all three of BA's operations this programme could send you to. Some of these payscales may be out of date and are likely to be higher than the Speedbird Academy payscale.

I find aviation fascinating and the loss of income is a cost I'm prepared to pay but it'll be for everyone to consider their own circumstances. I think quite a few of the folks who entered BA's previous FPP programme gave up very lucrative careers so it has been done.

Fablon
26th Apr 2024, 12:54
Hi all, just a quick question I was invited to the Audio Recording test on Wednesday according to the below I would have until Saturday 23.59 to complete, right? I caught a really bad Flu and my voice sounds horrendous!

‘Just like the online tests, you have been allocated 3 full calendar days from now to complete this (e.g. if you are invited to this on a Thursday, you have until 23:59 on Sunday to complete it).’

HighSpeedTrainDriver
26th Apr 2024, 13:18
I don't know whether flying pay and TAFB is added to the approx £35k or not but I imagine for a few years you'll be on a salary lower than the basic salary a decent TOC will pay you. That's before things like committed Sundays, RDW and any back pay should a deal be negotiated by a future government. When you factor in that you'll only have food and accomodation during training, from a purely economic view you'll stand to lose out a lot in the short-medium term. Detailed payscales for regular line pilots are listed on PPJN where it's possible to get an approximation of pay in all three of BA's operations this programme could send you to. Some of these payscales may be out of date and are likely to be higher than the Speedbird Academy payscale.

I find aviation fascinating and the loss of income is a cost I'm prepared to pay but it'll be for everyone to consider their own circumstances. I think quite a few of the folks who entered BA's previous FPP programme gave up very lucrative careers so it has been done.

Appreciate the reply. I know some of us might get slated for asking about salary so early on but as you’ve said, we need to see if this is realistically feasible for us as all of our circumstances are different.

I’ve obviously had a good read through the FAQ and other BA documents, am I right in thinking they that for the first 6 years, you’ll only be doing short haul flights and by short haul is that all around Europe? After six years, you can then transfer to long haul where you’ll get to go to Asia, Africa and Americas? Is it like the railway where senior links get the “better” and longer distance work? Thanks again

HighSpeedTrainDriver
26th Apr 2024, 13:21
thank you! G-VCED

TipTopTaff
26th Apr 2024, 13:27
I'm not sure how far through the first ratio question is but I passed the maths test without answering all the questions. I think I probably timed out around question 20. I think another commenter on here mentioned that they passed despite only answering 15 but I may be misremembering.
Thanks for the response - I must have passed as I got the email for the checking test this morning, so will be doing that when I get home from work!

wineallwine
26th Apr 2024, 13:45
I’m in the same position - completed checking Sunday evening but not heard anything back.

Assuming it’s the end of the road now - thought I did ok on the checking as got through it all, albeit have been going over the 4 or 1 error question on the tables in my head.

Will give it another go next time
​​​​​​
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Kind of wish they'd just reject me sooner if they're going to, I don't like this waiting 😛

Banksy83
26th Apr 2024, 15:06
I was invited to the Audio assessment at 11:50 however 15 minutes later was sent an email saying the following: We apologise for any confusion, the previous message was sent to you in error. If you have just started your application or are currently at a testing stage, please continue with this or await further instructions. If you have completed all your testing, please wait for us to contact you with further information on next steps.

anyone else get this?

Exactly the same for me. I've tried various BA emails, amd tried contacting Guy Bowen, and Lucy Silvester on LinkedIn. Just waiting replies to see whats occuring

TipTopTaff
26th Apr 2024, 15:44
Checking Test completed - all 12 done with 54 seconds to spare....

Time to hurry up and wait over the weekend and in to next week!

charliebayley
26th Apr 2024, 16:24
Just completed my audio assessment... interesting to say the least!
They have advised 2 weeks for feedback now - best of luck to everyone completing this.

ldepo2
26th Apr 2024, 16:29
Exactly the same for me. I've tried various BA emails, amd tried contacting Guy Bowen, and Lucy Silvester on LinkedIn. Just waiting replies to see whats occuring

I mean, the email is pretty clear. Either continue with your tests or, if you've finished your tests, wait for further instructions.

chris09
26th Apr 2024, 19:21
Without saying too much about it, it is just passenger announcement, no other questions.

You get some time to prep and then 4 attempts to record. There is then a second announcement to do after receiving further information.

Would highly recommend listening to some announcements on YouTube etc and having a read up online.

It is quite time pressured and feels a bit odd at first so have a few practices before you start as time is tight.

Hi, did the passenger announcement part include separate interview questions? Or is it literally just the passenger announcement, and questions related to that?