View Full Version : Speedbird Pilot Academy - Funded

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Mafeton
2nd Oct 2023, 13:32
I used the practice session and 4 minutes to set my screen up with it split so I could see the camera feed and the script in full. A delay of a second or two from pressing record.

Now it’s closed I’m very interested to know thoughts on how they’re assessing. I didn’t stumble over words, and tried not to be monotone in delivery of the PA script.

Questions I thought were good;

I said it’s about offering customers reassurance and keeping them informed so they feel valued.

Icing I talked briefly about compromising the efficiency of the wing to generate lift, could be catastrophic to safety of the aircraft so absolutely necessary.

Not that I needed them but I’d also made note on the script so the answers for flight number, time delay for icing and lost passengers were all fine too.

Good luck all.

I think one of the key things they were assesing in this stage was "can i see this person in the role", can they perform under time pressure. With the de icing question, im not sure if there were different questions or everyone got the same, thats the one i got.

Good luck to you, certainly keeping all fingers and toes crossed this week

Donut_Ring
2nd Oct 2023, 13:45
I like you have two engineering degrees, and I like you didn't upload my GCSE results but instead my BEng and MSc diplomas and I have been given an interview. So I'm going to say it’s very very unlikely that not uploading your GCSE results is what made you unsuccessful. Hopefully this helps so you can at least eliminate this as a reason? Best of luck, hopefully you can find some clarity! :)

Thanks so much for this, I’ve been kicking myself for days about it.

I’m really not sure what I did wrong, I know I got 100% on 2 of the tests, but time to move on. Thanks again, at least I can rule that out.

Best of luck with the rest of your application.

JJM722
2nd Oct 2023, 14:04
Incorrect on the checking stage, I completed mine with about 1 minute 20/30 seconds to spare - I do think you are correct on "see how far you get" but it definitely was 'finishable'

PPRuNeUser0195
2nd Oct 2023, 14:39
I used the practice session and 4 minutes to set my screen up with it split so I could see the camera feed and the script in full. A delay of a second or two from pressing record.

Now it’s closed I’m very interested to know thoughts on how they’re assessing. I didn’t stumble over words, and tried not to be monotone in delivery of the PA script.

Questions I thought were good;

I said it’s about offering customers reassurance and keeping them informed so they feel valued.

Icing I talked briefly about compromising the efficiency of the wing to generate lift, could be catastrophic to safety of the aircraft so absolutely necessary.

Not that I needed them but I’d also made note on the script so the answers for flight number, time delay for icing and lost passengers were all fine too.

Good luck all.

Yeah mine was largely similar. I didn’t get the PA read out exactly correct but the questions I think I did okay. Mainly spoke about offering a higher level of customer experience, and reassuring fliers. Then spoke about deicing being all about the safety of the aircraft. I’d imagine exactly what most people would’ve said! Would be interesting to know how they’re assessed, if it’s solely on the video or if they now review the video and CV etc.

Speed_Alive_V1
2nd Oct 2023, 15:40
Invites to Waterside are being sent out!

pilotHS24
2nd Oct 2023, 15:42
what are the dates?

JJM722
2nd Oct 2023, 15:50
Did you get an email? Not had nothing yet

Jamestl
2nd Oct 2023, 15:58

In my nervousness perhaps I misunderstood but I thought there was a final online stage before that - some kind of aptitude testing?

otherwise 😰😰😰

pilotHS24
2nd Oct 2023, 15:59
In my nervousness perhaps I misunderstood but I thought there was a final online stage before that - some kind of aptitude testing?

otherwise 😰😰😰

this was my understanding too

SpeedyReedy
2nd Oct 2023, 16:03
What dates have you been offered?

Mystic64
2nd Oct 2023, 16:09
Havent recieved anything yet the nervousness is mounting :confused:

A320R348
2nd Oct 2023, 16:12
I thought the same thing.. From the Skyborne Q&A, their Q&A Presentations, and the "What Happens Next" video it all said a further online flight school technical assessment first?

Otherwise its one hell of a cull they'll need to have done at the video interview stage to get down to the numbers required to be able to do face-to-face assessments. I don't see them as having the capacity to conduct that many assessment days within the tight timeframes they're working to.

Speed_Alive_V1
2nd Oct 2023, 16:12

otherwise 😰😰😰

​​​​​​I thought the same and was surprised to get the email. It's in person assessments with a group exercise and interview in Waterside.

A320R348
2nd Oct 2023, 16:14
In that case congrats mate! When did your video interview? Did you get any choice of date?

Speed_Alive_V1
2nd Oct 2023, 16:17
Early last week and got a choice of two days for next week. It's a quick time frame for sure.

Nino24
2nd Oct 2023, 16:53
Hi guys, also got the invite for the assessment!

stnly
2nd Oct 2023, 16:56
What days out of interest? Not received an email yet, positive or negative, but I have some commitments Mon-Wed (that could be avoided with sufficient notice), so hoping there's an option later in the week if I've been successful.

mattd75
2nd Oct 2023, 17:15
I got invited for a FTE Jerez one, I am assuming everyone else on the Monday/Tuesday ones is also for there? Has anyone had anything from the other school yet?

Jamestl
2nd Oct 2023, 17:18
​​​​​​I thought the same and was surprised to get the email. It's in person assessments with a group exercise and interview in Waterside.

Out if interest, have you completed any sort of aptitude testing with the BA partners previously?

I’m yet to hear either way, but find it incredible that so many candidates can be whittled down to face to face within a day. (How can you set a pass mark until you have all the submissions from the application period?)

PPRuNeUser0195
2nd Oct 2023, 17:20
Out if interest, have you completed any sort of aptitude testing with the BA partners previously?

I’m yet to hear either way, but find it incredible that so many candidates can be whittled down to face to face within a day. (How can you set a pass mark until you have all the submissions from the application period?)

I’ve previously done a flight school assessment, but haven’t heard either way either. I did read an article a few months back that they now have AI that can assess video interviews - so if it’s all automated then it could be done that quickly I would guess.

Arena_33
2nd Oct 2023, 17:23
I’ve previously done a flight school assessment, but haven’t heard either way either. I did read an article a few months back that they now have AI that can assess video interviews - so if it’s all automated then it could be done that quickly I would guess.

Software called Hirevue has been around for years and is used in more or less every grad scheme interview process (non-aviation), wouldn't be surprised if its been used for this too

peter.a.96
2nd Oct 2023, 17:27
Congrats to those with invites! Did you all put FTE Jerez down as preferred? Trying to find a common pattern if there is one i.e. they’re inviting Jerez first etc

mattd75
2nd Oct 2023, 17:30
I put no preference down, I strongly suspect that they will be seperate days.

tobyp14
2nd Oct 2023, 17:32
I had the same thought... I would assume each of the two flight schools have their own individual days with BA at Waterside.

I put Skyborne and am yet to hear either way... if that offers any reassurance!

Iracer3000
2nd Oct 2023, 18:03
Just a question has everyone got an e-mail yet I havent got anything myself yet and im quite nervous now

nirip27
2nd Oct 2023, 18:51
I was also informed that there would be aptitude tests before the assessment days. I think there will be aptitude tests considering that is what Skyborne and BA have both said. I imagine out of the 20,000/30000 applications, BA have brought it down to 2000/3000 through the early assessments. I imagine that through the video interview and CV/written questions, they will deduct it, to around 500 - 700 and then invite 200/300 for assessment days to fill 70 places. Like many others, I have completed a video interview last week and waiting to hear back now. I imagine, invites will be sent all of this week and next. I highly doubt people have been invited for waterside assessment days yet considering BA has said they will give out offers in mid-December.

BG2023
2nd Oct 2023, 18:54
Just a question has everyone got an e-mail yet I havent got anything myself yet and im quite nervous now

I’ve not heard anything yet either, did my video interview on Tuesday last week.

Mafeton
2nd Oct 2023, 18:57

Nothing heard from me, Skyborne was my preference, did the video assessment on Friday. Imagine there are several hundred to process, the deadline was only yesterday. That said, sharing in your nervousness!

GolfWhiskyKilo
2nd Oct 2023, 19:01

Nothing yet!

fredddyfred
2nd Oct 2023, 19:44
I put FTE down and yet to hear back as well

Nino24
2nd Oct 2023, 19:46
Hi guys, I completed my digital interview on the 25th, I remember I got it on the very first day 22nd I think, and no preference for flight school. Hope this helps!

and got a invite to the assessment today!

A320R348
2nd Oct 2023, 20:09
Hi guys, I completed my digital interview on the 25th, I remember I got it on the very first day 22nd I think, and no preference for flight school. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info Nino.. I think my timings are the same as yours but I put down Skyborne as my preference. Still biting my nails waiting to hear something!

Did they give you any joining instructions? What to expect, certificates to bring etc?

Iracer3000
2nd Oct 2023, 20:14

Did you get invited for FTEJerez or Skyborne? Im curious because no one on the forum has said they have been invited for skyborne so idk if they still need to do those.

GolfAlphaKilo
2nd Oct 2023, 20:21
I did my interview on the 29th and haven't seen anything yet. Assume they were already reviewing entries before the deadline, hence the quick invites to those who submitted early.

PPRuNeUser0203
3rd Oct 2023, 06:28
Many congratulations to those who have received an invite to the next stage!

For those of us yet to hear anything, please join me in the following mantra:

I will not check my email every 20 seconds
I will not check…

Mafeton
3rd Oct 2023, 07:02
Many congratulations to those who have received an invite to the next stage!

For those of us yet to hear anything, please join me in the following mantra:

I will not check…

Haaaah,

I will not check…

Airplane987
3rd Oct 2023, 07:50
Skyborne applicant here - no word back yet. Anyone heard anything?

I will not check my email every 20 secondsI will not check my email every 20 secondsI will not ch...

DarkLord1
3rd Oct 2023, 09:13
Has anyone who chose skyborne been accepted or has it only been FTE so far?

Iracer3000
3rd Oct 2023, 09:20
Is there anyone who knows someone who has been rejected from going to the assesment day at waterside? Also another question for people that have been accepted, was there an amount of spaces open for those 2 days shown of was there no limit shown, and so yeah how many?

jimbowingo
3rd Oct 2023, 10:29
Did anybody else not receive a confirmation on submission email once sending off the video interview? On my account it’s all there, however i never received an email!

PPRuNeUser0195
3rd Oct 2023, 11:12
I did my interview on the 29th and haven't seen anything yet. Assume they were already reviewing entries before the deadline, hence the quick invites to those who submitted early.

I submitted mine on the 23rd and not heard anything back yet either way sadly!

Pilotguy85
3rd Oct 2023, 11:16
Still waiting, submitted on Thur! Has anyone received a rejection? Assume most are FTE Jerez and not SkyBorne?

Mystic64
3rd Oct 2023, 11:36
just wondering did you put a prefrence down for either becuase Ive put my prefrence down for skyborne and not heard anything as of yet either

JustStartingPPL
3rd Oct 2023, 11:41
I dread to think of how much competition there is. I would've loved to apply if I did better in school. However, I'm not sure my stack of Cs would suffice. Self-funded is gonna have to be my way

Speed_Alive_V1
3rd Oct 2023, 12:18
Is there anyone who knows someone who has been rejected from going to the assesment day at waterside? Also another question for people that have been accepted, was there an amount of spaces open for those 2 days shown of was there no limit shown, and so yeah how many?

Just saw two days open, to choose one. It didn't say numbers just offered two options. Don't know anyone with a reject email yet. I'll be travelling the night before to stay nearby Heathrow for the early 08:30 start.

Iracer3000
3rd Oct 2023, 12:32
And did you get FTE Jerez? Because I feel like they still need to do the Skyborn applications.

GolfWhiskyKilo
3rd Oct 2023, 13:01
And did you get FTE Jerez? Because I feel like they still need to do the Skyborn applications.

I selected no preference and I’ve not heard either way yet.

DarkLord1
3rd Oct 2023, 13:23
Just saw two days open, to choose one. It didn't say numbers just offered two options. Don't know anyone with a reject email yet. I'll be travelling the night before to stay nearby Heathrow for the early 08:30 start.

Was that for Skyborne or FTE?

Jamestl
3rd Oct 2023, 15:41
No email here. I’ve checked the Career Portal for an update too, just in case.

I haven’t been checking my emails every 5 minutes of course 👀

nirip27
3rd Oct 2023, 17:03
Nothing has yet been received from my side either. Tbh, I'm not really too sure how much our flight school preference affects the application. I don't believe they would have separated the applications into different flight schools yet unless both schools have a vastly different selection process? even if one put down skyborne as preference, they could still end up with fte jerez etc or visa versa id imagine.

AeroStratos
3rd Oct 2023, 17:11
Out of interest, what was everyones Motivations/Reasons to go for Skyborne vs FTEJerez?

Jamestl
3rd Oct 2023, 18:18
Out of interest, what was everyones Motivations/Reasons to go for Skyborne vs FTEJerez?

I’ve spent a bit of time at Jerez so I know the place and the area (pre-Covid my wife did ATCO training there) and it’d mean occasional travel home/visits to Spain are possible during training which would add a bit of stability to life.

Skyborne would be an interesting experience living State-side, but seeing my wife & home/life would be difficult!

PPRuNeUser0195
3rd Oct 2023, 18:25
I selected Skyborne as I’ve got a young child, and the additional more time in the U.K. would mean being able to spend more time with her during training. To be honest if I ended up at Jerez I wouldn’t mind as you can get an easyJet flight back for about £100 anyway.

Jamestl
3rd Oct 2023, 19:55
Invited to Waterside!

A choice of 4 dates next week for FTE Jerez assessments.

Suddenly feels very real, I best start brushing up on the maths - aptitude tests haven’t featured in my life for quite some time!

Advice on where to park?

BudgieWings
3rd Oct 2023, 19:58
Advice on where to park?

Should be ample parking at Waterside

Iracer3000
3rd Oct 2023, 19:59
Invited to Waterside!

Suddenly feels very real, I best start brushing up on the maths - aptitude tests haven’t featured in my life for quite some time!

Advice on where to park?

When did you get this Email Uk Time? Congrats Btw

Jamestl
3rd Oct 2023, 20:06
When did you get this Email Uk Time?

2027h

Airplane987
3rd Oct 2023, 20:11
2027h

Congrats man, let us know how you do. Surprised I still haven't heard from any Skyborne candidates, but I don't know how much of an effect that would have on BA's response time!

Iracer3000
3rd Oct 2023, 20:18
2027h

Pfffffff This making me more nervous but will see havent recieved anything yet

Clearmyside
3rd Oct 2023, 20:20
Invited to Waterside!

Advice on where to park?
I'm going long stay t5 and bus! You and me both on the maths, good luck and congrats

Jake98
3rd Oct 2023, 20:33
2027h

Congrats!! Out of curiosity, at what date did you sit your video interview last week?

GolfAlphaKilo
3rd Oct 2023, 21:06
Out of curiosity, when did you submit the video interview?

DarkLord1
3rd Oct 2023, 21:31
I think the reason FTE people are being accepted is them flight assessments are in person at waterside, however Skyborne's will be online, just a thought, however it could be why only FTE people are hearing back as the actual group exercises and interview is November time as stated by BA.

Vicjnr
3rd Oct 2023, 23:58
When date did you complete your video assessment?

Seagull77
4th Oct 2023, 01:59
Invited to Waterside!

Advice on where to park?

Were there 4 different days or different times. I got my invite at late on 2nd but didn’t see it until the third and by that time there was only 1 showing for me.

Volt9
4th Oct 2023, 07:53
Good luck everyone waiting to hear back!

Airplane987
4th Oct 2023, 09:04
Check out StephenAv8's latest YouTube video (not allowed to post links yet).

Timestamp 02:36 - Stephen confirms Skyborne applications are taking longer.

Jamestl
4th Oct 2023, 09:11
Were there 4 different days or different times. I got my invite at late on 2nd but didn’t see it until the third and by that time there was only 1 showing for me.

It was 4 days, looks like an entire day 0830-1630.

I could have done with it being a couple of weeks away I’ve got an exceptionally busy two weeks with work but it’s not something I can miss.

Jamestl
4th Oct 2023, 09:12
Congrats!! Out of curiosity, at what date did you sit your video interview last week?

Saturday afternoon - 30th.

JJM722
4th Oct 2023, 14:11
Has anyone who selected no preference heard back yet? Still yet to receive any form of email

Callum644
4th Oct 2023, 14:36
Did anyone receive an invitation today? I am trying too see if FTE finished or not with invitations.

Velo2023
4th Oct 2023, 23:04
I just noticed on the BA Careers website my application is now designated as "Speedbird Pilot Academy - Skyborne", I'm pretty sure it didn't mention Skyborne previously. Has anyone else changed or similar for those with assessments at FTE?
Crazy how we fixate on silly details like this which ultimately mean nothing in the grand scheme of things - you either progress or you don't :oh:

PPRuNeUser0195
5th Oct 2023, 08:08
I just noticed on the BA Careers website my application is now designated as "Speedbird Pilot Academy - Skyborne", I'm pretty sure it didn't mention Skyborne previously. Has anyone else changed or similar for those with assessments at FTE?
Crazy how we fixate on silly details like this which ultimately mean nothing in the grand scheme of things - you either progress or you don't :oh:

Mine also now says Skyborne, fairly sure it was just Speedbird Pilot Academy before. Probably means absolutely nothing, but I’ll read into anything at this stage!

Airplane987
5th Oct 2023, 08:09
Well spotted - I'm Skyborne too and mine has changed, suggesting that the applications from each FS are processed seperately!

Pilotguy85
5th Oct 2023, 09:24
Interesting that some are showing as Skyborne now, mine hasn't changed.....yet.

peter.a.96
5th Oct 2023, 09:29
Mine also says Skybourne and I just had an email from BA Pilot Rec saying I'm through to the next assessment and Skyborne will be in touch shortly! :)

PPRuNeUser0195
5th Oct 2023, 09:34
Just had my offer of an assessment day with Skyborne! Thank god that wait is over!

speedbird42
5th Oct 2023, 09:44
Just got my offer with Skybourne too, what a relief!

pilotHS24
5th Oct 2023, 09:53
Not sure if this will actually be an assessment day, rather an online assessment. Purely speculation but maybe FTE Jerez students have been asked to attend Waterside as that’s FTE’s preference?

I anticipate we either get an invite from Skyborne’s system to do online tests or an invite to Skyborne instead. Again purely speculation

Mafeton
5th Oct 2023, 09:53
Just had my offer of an assessment day with Skyborne! Thank god that wait is over!
Congratulations, me too, so so grateful!

swannley
5th Oct 2023, 09:54
Just got mine too - now another wait for actual details! Still, at least you know it will arrive

Airplane987
5th Oct 2023, 09:57
Same here, email came through 10:30ish. Good luck everyone!

TrackingFlights
5th Oct 2023, 10:02
Just had a congratulations and "skyborne will be in contact about next stages"
​​​​
Interestingly that says AT skyborne, suggesting it might not be online tests as their website indicates! And they're UK location is Gloucester I believe.

"We would like to invite you to the next stage of assessment for the Speedbird Pilot Academy at Skyborne."

Did the video interview the morning of Sat 30th September and got this email about 10:30am 5th October (alongside many others, indicating a bulk/batch sending pattern).

fredddyfred
5th Oct 2023, 10:05
Good luck guys! Haven't received anything yet nor has the application changed to Skyborne. Chances are getting slim :(
Not sure if the GCSE equivalents take some time to evaluate via ECCTIS or something

sswk2311
5th Oct 2023, 10:17
Hey guys - did those of you with assessment centre invites (FTE or Skyborne) select a preference of flight school, or did some of you select no preference and have still been notified of the next stage?

joey7415963
5th Oct 2023, 10:44
I haven't got one yet either. But also haven't got a rejection email and the video invite came later for me than everyone else.

Out of interest of those who have heard and are on the skyborne path, when did you submit your videos? I did mine Friday night.

PPRuNeUser0203
5th Oct 2023, 10:59
Hey guys - did those of you with assessment centre invites (FTE or Skyborne) select a preference of flight school, or did some of you select no preference and have still been notified of the next stage?

I put down a preference for Skyborne and got my invite today.

Out of interest of those who have heard and are on the skyborne path, when did you submit your videos? I did mine Friday night.

Thursday morning.

swannley
5th Oct 2023, 11:10
I put down a preference for Skyborne and got my invite today.

Thursday morning.
I chose Skyborne as a preference too, and the application has updated to reflect that. Video was about lunchtime Friday, and email about 10.40 this morning.

nirip27
5th Oct 2023, 11:21
Recieved my skyborne assesment offer today aswell at 10:30! Wonder how many they have cut from the video interview stage

James_2301
5th Oct 2023, 11:46

Hi - I have also been invited for the next stage of assessments with Skyborne but I did not select a preference of flight school.

jimbowingo
5th Oct 2023, 12:37
I haven't got one yet either. But also haven't got a rejection email and the video invite came later for me than everyone else.

Sunday afternoon

pilotHS24
5th Oct 2023, 12:48
Not sure if this will actually be an assessment day, rather an online assessment. Purely speculation but maybe FTE Jerez students have been asked to attend Waterside as that’s FTE’s preference?

I anticipate we either get an invite from Skyborne’s system to do online tests or an invite to Skyborne instead. Again purely speculation

just had an email - Skyborne tests to be online

tobyp14
5th Oct 2023, 13:10
Those who went with Skyborne, continue to hold on hope as the FTEJerez candidates received their assessment day invitations across 48 hours 👍🏻

charlesfrhutchinson
5th Oct 2023, 13:21
Congrats to everyone who has been selected! I chose Skyborne and haven't heard anything ;( Video submitted Friday evening

ultrahummus
5th Oct 2023, 13:26
Hey everyone,

Congrats to everyone invited to the next stage! For those who didn't, whatever you do, don't give up. Use the experience you gained from this to apply it to the next opportunity!

Question for the FTEJerez interviewees, the "what to expect" .pdf from BA states that we will be tested on "Verbal reasoning, Maths and Physics, Numerical reasoning, Numeracy", as well as the group exercise.
Do you think it's going to include cut-e assessments as well?

Clearmyside
5th Oct 2023, 16:38
Hey everyone,

Congrats to everyone invited to the next stage! For those who didn't, whatever you do, don't give up. Use the experience you gained from this to apply it to the next opportunity!

Question for the FTEJerez interviewees, the "what to expect" .pdf from BA states that we will be tested on "Verbal reasoning, Maths and Physics, Numerical reasoning, Numeracy", as well as the group exercise.
Do you think it's going to include cut-e assessments as well?

I confirm It does include cut-e assessments too. Going to be a heavy day i think.

A320R348
5th Oct 2023, 18:01
Anyone else in the Skyborne and still waiting camp? Submitted the video Monday 25th, no change on the application either.

I'll hold onto hope until I get an email one way or the other

Pilotguy85
5th Oct 2023, 18:14
Anyone else in the Skyborne and still waiting camp? Submitted the video Monday 25th, no change on the application either.

Yes, fingers crossed...

flyer2211
5th Oct 2023, 21:20

are you still able to view your video responses?

A320R348
6th Oct 2023, 02:14
are you still able to view your video responses?

I can still view them. On the main dashboard it says
My Interviews: To Book:0 To attend: 0 In the Past : 1

Then when I click on it theres the dates I recorded them and a small header saying complete above. I got the same submit button after too.

You got me wondering now, but I’m pretty sure its been sent through. I’d seen you could view the responses again and would’ve clicked the submit button again at some point during the window it was open laat week.

peter.a.96
6th Oct 2023, 06:53
For anyone who got a Skyborne email yesterday at around 1030AM, check your junk inbox. Just checked mine and the link to the tests / unique password etc. are there from Skyborne directly. Deadline is 10th October

PPRuNeUser0195
6th Oct 2023, 07:10
For anyone who got a Skyborne email yesterday at around 1030AM, check your junk inbox. Just checked mine and the link to the tests / unique password etc. are there from Skyborne directly. Deadline is 10th October

Yes got mine yesterday and did them yesterday afternoon. Now the waiting game begins again!

3seatmaniac
6th Oct 2023, 08:46
Yes got mine yesterday and did them yesterday afternoon. Now the waiting game begins again!

Best of luck! Just got my invite to the Skyborne assessments at around 0930 today.

Did you not feel the need to do much prep for the assessments or were they relatively simple in your opinion?

Pilotguy85
6th Oct 2023, 09:40
Just out of curiosity, with the deadline for Skyborne looking at 10th October, and the next stage at BA being November, are they going to see how many "get through" the flight school stage and then have given themselves a buffer to see if they need to interview anymore at the flight school stage?

Say 100 are invited to flight school testing and 80 "fail" then they would have to obviously open the process up again. It seems to make sense if the final BA stage is in November.

Any thoughts?

PPRuNeUser0195
6th Oct 2023, 09:44
Just out of curiosity, with the deadline for Skyborne looking at 10th October, and the next stage at BA being November, are they going to see how many "get through" the flight school stage and then have given themselves a buffer to see if they need to interview anymore at the flight school stage?

Say 100 are invited to flight school testing and 80 "fail" then they would have to obviously open the process up again. It seems to make sense if the final BA stage is in November.

Any thoughts?

I would imagine they’d just invite to flight school assessment many more than they would need, and just filter them at this stage. That way they wouldn’t need to open it again.

Pilotguy85
6th Oct 2023, 09:52
I would imagine they’d just invite to flight school assessment many more than they would need, and just filter them at this stage. That way they wouldn’t need to open it again.

I think so too probably! There haven't been any rejections yet after the video stage from what I have heard. See how it all plays out in the coming week or two.

FYI no e-mail from BA recruitment or flight school since the video interview (yet..)

fredddyfred
6th Oct 2023, 09:54
Same here waiting. Based on the timeline, (I hope) they will most likely invite more people for assessments after next week or even two weeks. Fingers are still crossed!

TrackingFlights
6th Oct 2023, 09:57

Any thoughts?
I would have thought BA have said we want around 'x' number of people at our final assessment centre (e.g. 180 for 60 spaces).
People will probably do the online tests/the FTE initial assessment and they will select the best 'y' number of people from the tests (e.g. 360) to come to the flight school interview stage, where they aim to cut the number in half for BA's final stage target.
​​​​​

Pilotguy85
6th Oct 2023, 10:01
Same here waiting. Based on the timeline, (I hope) they will most likely invite more people for assessments after next week or even two weeks. Fingers are still crossed!

Let's hope! Presume yours hasn't changed on the BA careers website to say a particular flight school either?

fredddyfred
6th Oct 2023, 10:04
Let's hope! Presume yours hasn't changed on the BA careers website to say a particular flight school either?
Nothing yet, submitted the application on 20th Sep. and the video on 25th Sep., selected preferred FS as FTE.

TrackingFlights
6th Oct 2023, 10:31
On other forums I have seen a couple of people say they got a rejection email this morning after the video interview stage. Remember, TUI in Jan and BA again in March if you are not successful this time around!

JJM722
6th Oct 2023, 10:37
Anybody here still waiting for a response and selected no preference? Itchy feet time now

Pilot223
6th Oct 2023, 11:41
Hi guys, does anyone recommend any good websites for pilot aptitude test practice/prep? Wanna get as much prep in as possible before the flight school assessment and there's so many websites offering the same thing so just wanted to check before buying one! thanks in advance, good luck to everyone :)

ultrahummus
6th Oct 2023, 12:23
Interesting, may I ask where you found out? I just find it quite odd as no nention is made in that .pdf!

wt02
6th Oct 2023, 14:01
Just did the Skyborne tests and one of the tests especially was pretty ming boggling... had to look through the example quite a few times to decide what it was actually asking us to do.

Mafeton
6th Oct 2023, 16:14
Those were some pretty hard tests (Skyborne) good luck everyone!

3seatmaniac
6th Oct 2023, 20:41
Received my BA ‘congrats’ email earlier this morning but, as of 2141h, I haven’t yet received the info and link for the tests from Skyborne. Is anyone else in the same position? I’m just wary of the supposed 10/10 deadline for the Skyborne assessments.

Clearmyside
6th Oct 2023, 20:49
Interesting, may I ask where you found out? I just find it quite odd as no nention is made in that .pdf!
page 28 of the pre test guidance material! 👌

PPRuNeUser0195
6th Oct 2023, 21:00
Hi guys, does anyone recommend any good websites for pilot aptitude test practice/prep? Wanna get as much prep in as possible before the flight school assessment and there's so many websites offering the same thing so just wanted to check before buying one! thanks in advance, good luck to everyone :)

Honestly would just do some maths revision and not waste your money, I don’t think it really is much help to do the practice ones online

PPRuNeUser0195
6th Oct 2023, 21:09

Glad it isn’t just me who thought so!

A320R348
6th Oct 2023, 21:20
…and still nothing but tumbleweed in my mailbox :(

nirip27
6th Oct 2023, 22:04
I dont know, I have found some pretty good packs. I remember sitting the NATS Air Traffic Control test and a lot of the practice tests I am doing are very similar to the ones I got with NATS. I imagine many of the assessments and skills required to be an atc controller and pilot crossover. I think practice is good because even when u might not think so, I have definitely picked up some tips and tricks. Obviously, practice is not the real thing but like anything, preparation and practice are important. It will come down to how one can peform under the time pressure aswell. Good luck to everyone tho! I will be sitting mine on Monday i think.

mrism002
6th Oct 2023, 22:06
Does anyone know when in November BA are inviting people?

wt02
7th Oct 2023, 08:45
Does anyone know when in November BA are inviting people?

Doubt people would know, unless they know someone personally involved in the recruitment team at BA. 1-2 months is a long time to be worrying, should go and focus on something else otherwise you'll worry yourself to death. (I remember when I applied to the TUI course in 2022, it took almost 4 months for them to respond, I ended up forgetting that I'd even replied to them because I didn't hear anything in so long!)

IdiotLightInop
7th Oct 2023, 08:48
Are calculators banned for any of the tests?

David311996
7th Oct 2023, 09:17

From FTEJerez.

”you will be required to bring a
standard scientific calculator with you.”

MattWardle
7th Oct 2023, 09:48
Received my BA ‘congrats’ email earlier this morning but, as of 2141h, I haven’t yet received the info and link for the tests from Skyborne. Is anyone else in the same position? I’m just wary of the supposed 10/10 deadline for the Skyborne assessments.
are you still waiting? I got mine around the same time as you and as of a day later still not recieved anything?!!???!

Karen1
7th Oct 2023, 09:53
Congratulations. Have you done the aptitude test yet?

Harrison3105
7th Oct 2023, 09:58

No. They say which questions you need one for.

swannley
7th Oct 2023, 14:42
Just finished mine, i felt they were a mixed bag with some parts being OK and some being rock hard!

Karen1
7th Oct 2023, 14:53
Glad it isn’t just me who thought so!
Hope you don't mind me asking what we're you asked? Have you heard anything back yet?

James_2301
7th Oct 2023, 15:42
Just finished mine, i felt they were a mixed bag with some parts being OK and some being rock hard!

I could not agree with this more; I found the numerical reasoning activity to be exceptionally difficult!

pwh1999
7th Oct 2023, 15:47
Does anyone know whether a calculator can be used for the Skyborne assessments? I noted in the email it mentioned taking photos for mobile phone detection and im slightly conscious in case it mistakes a calculator for a phone - have others used calculators?

beepbeeppullup
7th Oct 2023, 16:50

Yes same for me, got rhe congrats email from BA yesterday but still nothing from Skyborne

I like your plane
7th Oct 2023, 17:37
If you don't mind me asking, what sort of tests were there?

jimbowingo
7th Oct 2023, 18:02
Just did the skyborne tests. I'd say the maths was probably the least difficult part! Very similar to the TUI assesments if anyone did those... or was it Aer Lingus? I forget! Good luck everyone!

PPRuNeUser0195
7th Oct 2023, 18:11
Just did the skyborne tests. I'd say the maths was probably the least difficult part! Very similar to the TUI assesments if anyone did those... or was it Aer Lingus? I forget! Good luck everyone!

Yeah very similar to the Aer Lingus ones, really tricky!

Nino24
7th Oct 2023, 18:14

the numerical reasoning one I found quite tough!

TrackingFlights
7th Oct 2023, 18:24
the numerical reasoning one I found quite tough!
Glad I'm not the only one, ran out of time. I have a analytical degree with a high proportion of maths too, so was surprised when I only got so far through! The other maths one I found fine time-wise though, which is the one they ironically tell you most people won't finish haha!

PPRuNeUser0195
7th Oct 2023, 19:34
Hope you don't mind me asking what we're you asked? Have you heard anything back yet?

It was a mix of tests really. Not heard anything back yet though, I imagine next week people will hear back with results.

PPRuNeUser0195
7th Oct 2023, 19:35
Glad I'm not the only one, ran out of time. I have a analytical degree with a high proportion of maths too, so was surprised when I only got so far through! The other maths one I found fine time-wise though, which is the one they ironically tell you most people won't finish haha!

The regular maths questions I found fine, but the True / False / Not enough information I found really tricky at times and it wasn’t long per question!

TrackingFlights
7th Oct 2023, 19:39
The regular maths questions I found fine, but the True / False / Not enough information I found really tricky at times and it wasn’t long per question!
We have the fun waiting game now. I'm assuming we will here Wed, Thurs or Fri. Looking at their website, it suggests the next stage might be an online interview with Skyborne.

PPRuNeUser0195
7th Oct 2023, 19:40
Does anyone know whether a calculator can be used for the Skyborne assessments? I noted in the email it mentioned taking photos for mobile phone detection and im slightly conscious in case it mistakes a calculator for a phone - have others used calculators?

Calculator is fine, I’m sure somewhere I read it said to have a pen, paper and calculator to hand - but could be wrong.

TrackingFlights
7th Oct 2023, 19:41
Calculator is fine, I’m sure somewhere I read it said to have a pen, paper and calculator to hand - but could be wrong.
Yea, that was said for some of them as a suggestion.

Z23
8th Oct 2023, 10:33
Hello, has anyone for skybourne been asked to book an interview but there’s no slots available

FuturePilot23
8th Oct 2023, 12:20
As others have said, some of the tests were extremely difficult!

I'd be interest to see how everyone did on certain tests, once the deadline has passed on Tuesday.

Clearmyside
8th Oct 2023, 15:22
Does anyone have any idea what the split is between skybourne and fte in terms of numbers of students? Are the different schools tagged to different ba operators like is fte euro flyer and skybourne main airline?

Just wondering 🤔

alrae7
8th Oct 2023, 15:32
Hi guys, does anyone know how the old scottish standard grades(done in 2008) translate to gcse qualifications. I’ll be applying next time around and I have a grade 3 in 1 subject required and im not sure if that equates or not? Ive tried looking online but there seems to be very little info on what the old standard grades are equal to. Thank you in advance for any help.

PPRuNeUser0195
8th Oct 2023, 15:55
Does anyone have any idea what the split is between skybourne and fte in terms of numbers of students? Are the different schools tagged to different ba operators like is fte euro flyer and skybourne main airline?

Just wondering 🤔

Not sure on the split but I doubt it, I’d imagine most would be destined for Euroflyer, but it’ll all just be based on the requirements at the point people finish the courses really. That’s still 2 years away from now so I’d doubt it’s set in stone.

TrackingFlights
8th Oct 2023, 16:37

Just wondering 🤔

Skyborne is taking 40 of the 60 students. This is because on their FAQs they say:

"The first course will commence in March 2024, with 3 additional course starts throughout 2024. Places are limited to 10 per course, therefore if successful BA will discuss an appropriate start date with you"

4 courses total (first one in March + 3 others) with 10 per course.

This would suggest FTE is taking 20.

Clearmyside
8th Oct 2023, 17:29
Not sure on the split but I doubt it, I’d imagine most would be destined for Euroflyer, but it’ll all just be based on the requirements at the point people finish the courses really. That’s still 2 years away from now so I’d doubt it’s set in stone.
yeah fair point!

a5in_the_sim
8th Oct 2023, 19:39
The frequent reference to a “substance allowance” is funny given recent news reports!

Karen1
8th Oct 2023, 19:48
Did the Skyborne online assessments this morning.

Took about 1h30.

It was… emotional.

Pilottest dot com is your friend, folks.

Good luck to everyone heading to Waterside this week!
Did it tell you a score?

A320R348
8th Oct 2023, 19:55

Just wondering 🤔

Skyborne are taking 40 students. No further info on how students will be streamed between Euro/City/Mainline. The answer I got was “will be based on BA business needs”

JJM722
8th Oct 2023, 19:55
Hi everyone, is anyone still yet to receive communication from both BA and the flights schools? I submitted no preference for training provider and haven’t heard anything since the video emails - any thoughts would be massively appreciated :)

PPRuNeUser0195
9th Oct 2023, 06:50
Did it tell you a score?

Nope no score given, just a waiting game again now!

TrackingFlights
9th Oct 2023, 06:57
Did it tell you a score?
No final score given. It did tell you if you did something wrong during the gameified tests, so you could probably work out your % accuracy, just not your speed/how many tasks completed against other people. I'm assuming this will all be against a normal distribution of people in general and then mapped against everyone else in this recruitment, so they take the applicable and best people forward.

Pilotguy85
9th Oct 2023, 07:37
Hi everyone, is anyone still yet to receive communication from both BA and the flights schools? I submitted no preference for training provider and haven’t heard anything since the video emails - any thoughts would be massively appreciated :)
Yes - waiting either way.

Some have had yes from BA and flight school
Some have had nothing at all from either
Some have had rejection e-mails from BA after the video submission.

Interesting there are people in the middle with no response either way!

A320R348
9th Oct 2023, 08:21
Rejection just came through... good luck everyone going forward

Pilotguy85
9th Oct 2023, 08:30
Same here - onto the next one!

I had thought BA was doing it annually based on the webinars but Skyborne says March.

JJM722
9th Oct 2023, 09:20
Also just got my rejection email this morning at the 11th hour - shame we cant ask for feedback. Good luck to everyone else in their applications

3seatmaniac
9th Oct 2023, 09:56
For everyone who hasn’t yet completed the Skyborne assessments, make sure you allow consent for virtual proctoring when registering for the tests (you will need to buy a webcam if you don’t already have one). In one of the questions answered in the Skyborne invitation email, it clearly states that the results from your online assessments will be automatically voided if you refuse to allow consent, thus preventing your application from progressing.

I know this is probably very obvious to all and, again, is clearly stated in the Skyborne email, but I just want to ensure no one gets caught out over something that silly.

Good luck!

Airplane987
9th Oct 2023, 10:27
Same here - no confirmation. Tests went pretty well on the whole though!

Karen1
9th Oct 2023, 12:10
Rejection just came through... good luck everyone going forward
Sorry to hear you got rejected. Was it on video assessment?

Karen1
9th Oct 2023, 12:15
Same here - no confirmation. Tests went pretty well on the whole though!
Did you find any of tests hard?

TrackingFlights
9th Oct 2023, 18:23
Good luck to the FTE people this week! For those who did it today, how did it go?

Airplane987
10th Oct 2023, 09:07
Did you find any of tests hard?
Yeah, the numerical reasoning one was impossible to finish in time, but I think a lot of people thought that.

PPRuNeUser0195
10th Oct 2023, 09:12
Yeah, the numerical reasoning one was impossible to finish in time, but I think a lot of people thought that.

Yeah, I’m sure they design some tests like that to induce a time pressure and see if you rush and make mistakes!

Nocturnal639
10th Oct 2023, 13:51
Good luck to the FTE people this week! For those who did it today, how did it go?

anyone heard back from assessment centre?

Karen1
10th Oct 2023, 16:52
Yeah, I’m sure they design some tests like that to induce a time pressure and see if you rush and make mistakes!
What did you think to the Personal Profile test?

krankenhaus145
10th Oct 2023, 17:24
anyone heard back from assessment centre?

Nope, not yet. Tests were challenging for fte!

Karen1
10th Oct 2023, 19:18
What did you think to the Personal Profile Test? Did you find it hard or easy?

krankenhaus145
10th Oct 2023, 21:45
What did you think to the Personal Profile Test? Did you find it hard or easy?

I didn't have one? Just maths, physics etc and group exercise. Can't say much of course other than it wasn't easy 🤣

Karen1
11th Oct 2023, 15:03
I didn't have one? Just maths, physics etc and group exercise. Can't say much of course other than it wasn't easy 🤣
Have you not done the Personal Profile Test and Numerical Reasoning etc? Or are you on the next stage?

DawnChorus01
11th Oct 2023, 21:09

was there no 1-1 interview ? / is that another flight school round or do you go straight to the BA waterside interview

Karen1
11th Oct 2023, 21:11
Anyone heard anything back if they have passed the Aptitude Test etc yet? Or got a date for next stage?

TrackingFlights
12th Oct 2023, 08:32
Anyone heard anything back if they have passed the Aptitude Test etc yet? Or got a date for next stage?
Nothing from Skyborne yet

Airplane987
12th Oct 2023, 08:35

I don't think any Skyborne will hear back until after the 14th - some people got an extension until then because their details weren't handed over at the same time as the others'.

Karen1
12th Oct 2023, 08:41
What stage are you at?

Karen1
12th Oct 2023, 08:43
I don't think any Skyborne will hear back until after the 14th - some people got an extension until then because their details weren't handed over at the same time as the others'.
How do you know it will be after 14th?

Flipper8010
12th Oct 2023, 10:18
Anyone passed this, and got an update?

krankenhaus145
12th Oct 2023, 13:15
was there no 1-1 interview ? / is that another flight school round or do you go straight to the BA waterside interview

I attended waterside for the testing. If I get through this stage, there's, I believe, another more intense round of maths testing (ridicolous!) And then if I get through that, there's a 1-1 interview, but it's being conducted online I believe.

Wrightliam236
12th Oct 2023, 17:30
I attended waterside for the testing. If I get through this stage, there's, I believe, another more intense round of maths testing (ridicolous!) And then if I get through that, there's a 1-1 interview, but it's being conducted online I believe.

I don’t think there is another round of testing as per the BA website and the flight schools it’s states ‘following being successful at online testing you will be invited to a face to face interview’ passing this then leads to the final stage consisting of an assessment day run by British Airways. I haven’t heard anyone mention another round of testing. I would have thought this would have been mentioned on the teams Q&A. However, they only stated two rounds of testing in total. I might be wrong, but from what I have heard the testing stage is now done and it’s face to face interviews followed by an assessment day.

Airplane987
12th Oct 2023, 17:33
How do you know it will be after 14th?

Someone on another thread said their deadline was the 14th, I dont think anyone will hear back until everyone's deadline has passed.

ultrahummus
12th Oct 2023, 17:43
Another Maths test for FTE applicants? Or maybe Cut-e?

Karen1
12th Oct 2023, 20:04
Someone on another thread said their deadline was the 14th, I dont think anyone will hear back until everyone's deadline has passed.
Do you know which site it is?

Airplane987
12th Oct 2023, 23:43

It's called "PPRuNe" or something like that, you should try it out sometime!

( https://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/653786-ba-speedbird-academy-2023-a-13.html )

3seatmaniac
13th Oct 2023, 10:07

The deadline for my Skyborne assessments is tomorrow (14th) because, as was said above, there was a delay in sending out the invites for some.

TrackingFlights
13th Oct 2023, 10:10
The deadline for my Skyborne assessments is tomorrow (14th) because, as was said above, there was a delay in sending out the invites for some.
I'm assuming we will likely hear Mon/Tues and interview invites likely sent out for the week commencing 23rd Oct. Probably gives them a week to review before BA sends out the assessment centre dates in November at some point.

nirip27
16th Oct 2023, 10:25
anyone heard anything back yet?

Seagull77
16th Oct 2023, 14:36
anyone heard anything back yet? Nothing yet. Haven’t struggled with a wait more than now! Going to waterside has wet my appetite 🤣

Nino24
16th Oct 2023, 15:04
Nothing yet. Haven’t struggled with a wait more than now! Going to waterside has wet my appetite 🤣

haha…. I’m guessing tomorrow we’ll find out, we honestly need at least 2 weeks notice to boom annual leave etc.

Seagull77
16th Oct 2023, 16:35
anyone heard anything back yet?

Nothing yet. Haven’t struggled with a wait more than now! Going to waterside has wet my appetite 🤣

Nino24
18th Oct 2023, 08:03
Still no news! Really hoping we find out this week, as interviews commence next Wednesday a week from today. I hope they don’t send out invites last minute.

TrackingFlights
18th Oct 2023, 08:07
Still no news! Really hoping we find out this week, as interviews commence next Wednesday a week from today. I hope they don’t send out invites last minute.
Just out of curiosity, how do you know the interviews start next Wednesday? And is this FTE or Skyborne or both? Thank you

wt02
18th Oct 2023, 12:21
Just out of curiosity, how do you know the interviews start next Wednesday? And is this FTE or Skyborne or both? Thank you

I'm curious to know this too, I remember watching the video when do the video interview but it never mentioned specific dates and/or timeframes, and neither did the follow up email from Skyborne.

Personally glad that it hasn't come in quickly, managed to go on holiday for a week inbetween doing the tests and now; had something to pre-occupy my mind as I know I would go crazy. Talking

SpeedyReedy
18th Oct 2023, 13:55
I have just emailed Skyborne to ask for timelimes, will keep you posted on any replies.

andysou
18th Oct 2023, 15:27
Hi all, I would recommend that you check your BA Jobs my profile webpage. I did today having not heard anything since completing the Skyborne assessments. Their was a message on the page saying... We would like to invite you to an assessment. It then gave a large list of preferred dates to select from.

As far as I could tell I didn't receive a notification via email or similar.

SpeedyReedy
18th Oct 2023, 15:31
Just had a congratulations email and invites to book for the Skyborne assessment at Waterside. Loads of dates available between 25t October and 9th November. Appears to be a presentation from Skyborne/BA and then a interview, no group assessments mentioned.

Airplane987
18th Oct 2023, 15:34
Skyborne emails out - I'm heading to Waterside!

Speed_Alive_V1
18th Oct 2023, 15:50
Skyborne emails out - I'm heading to Waterside!

Well done! For more assessments/group exercise by Skyborne or BA interview does it say?

Nino24
18th Oct 2023, 15:55
Got my invite too! Well done guys!! For those who haven’t got it be patient I think they are still working through applications etc.

Seagull77
18th Oct 2023, 15:56
Got my invite too! Well done guys!! For those who haven’t got it be patient I think they are still working through applications etc.

Well done! Did you have the option of 4 different days or just the one?

Airplane987
18th Oct 2023, 15:57
Well done! For more assessments/group exercise by Skyborne or BA interview does it say?

It says it's a joint BA and Skyborne lunchtime presentation and a 1 on 1 interview - no mention of who the interview is with or whether there's a group stage. It's a little annoying not knowing how far through we are in the process.

Airplane987
18th Oct 2023, 15:58
Well done! Did you have the option of 4 different days or just the one?

There are options for more than 4 days - there were 3 pages of times from the 25th Oct to 8th Nov

nirip27
18th Oct 2023, 16:24
Recieved my invite aswell! Is this gonne be the final stage then?

swannley
18th Oct 2023, 16:31
Just got mine, and well done to everyone else so far!

I'm not certain but it reads like it's the final stage of the process with the BA presentation being given?

Screechase
18th Oct 2023, 16:36
Huge congrats to all who made it through! I’m with skyborne and still nervously waiting for that email or rejection. Fingers crossed! 🤞

PPRuNeUser0195
18th Oct 2023, 16:43
I read it as this is a Q&A / presentation and an interview with the flight school. If that is passed I was expecting to come back for an assessment day with Group Ex and BA Interview sometime in November. I’m not 100% though.

swannley
18th Oct 2023, 17:02
I read it as this is a Q&A / presentation and an interview with the flight school. If that is passed I was expecting to come back for an assessment day with Group Ex and BA Interview sometime in November. I’m not 100% though.
Yeah I just assumed that it's the stage before the final stage with BA, but obviously we will just have to see!

pwh1999
18th Oct 2023, 17:03
Are we assuming all invites went out today for Skyborne people? I haven’t heard anything :rolleyes:

3seatmaniac
18th Oct 2023, 17:04
The stages are set out on the Skyborne website. This is the penultimate stage - an interview with Skyborne. Following a sift after this, there will be the final assessment centre with BA.

wt02
18th Oct 2023, 17:19
Congrats to those who got through! Still haven't received an email so preparing for the worst, hoping for the best

LCpl_Ghostrider
18th Oct 2023, 19:40
Is it worth us setting up a WA group to chat over prep for stage 5?

I am happy to chat.

Seagull77
18th Oct 2023, 20:22
Anyone heard off FTE?

Boszaa
18th Oct 2023, 20:29
It says it's a joint BA and Skyborne lunchtime presentation and a 1 on 1 interview - no mention of who the interview is with or whether there's a group stage. It's a little annoying not knowing how far through we are in the process. Just got my invitation email too however, couldn't see any detail on the email about what to expect

CTO04
18th Oct 2023, 20:33
Is it worth us setting up a WA group to chat over prep for stage 5?

I am happy to chat.
Probably not a bad idea actually, I’ll private message you once I work out how to😂

krankenhaus145
18th Oct 2023, 21:46
Anyone heard off FTE?
Nah I haven't heard anything from them yet. Did my in person assessment day on Tuesday last week, and they said you'd be notified anywhere between a week and a month.... an annoyingly long time frame! I'm so nervous I could burst... just tell me already!!!

Screechase
19th Oct 2023, 06:56
Are we assuming all invites went out today for Skyborne people? I haven’t heard anything :rolleyes:
There were rumours that Skyborne would send invites by early next week meaning you could hear back by then, but who knows if it's true or just drivel.

3seatmaniac
19th Oct 2023, 10:42
Is there any indication at all as to numbers available for each slot? Just trying to gauge the size of the cull before the final stage.

Screechase
19th Oct 2023, 11:54
Just received the rejection for Skyborne.

3seatmaniac
19th Oct 2023, 21:01
Just received the rejection for Skyborne.

Very sorry to hear that. What part(s) of the testing do you think let you down?

Screechase
20th Oct 2023, 06:08
I think one reason I messed up was because I kept using the bidmas rule and getting the question wrong. It wasn't until halfway through the test that I realised we didn't need to use it. I was making something simple more complicated! 😅

maverick20
20th Oct 2023, 09:49
Anyone else for FTE checking their emails every 10mins!!!

3seatmaniac
20th Oct 2023, 13:50
I think one reason I messed up was because I kept using the bidmas rule and getting the question wrong. It wasn't until halfway through the test that I realised we didn't need to use it. I was making something simple more complicated! 😅

I similarly was overthinking and over-complicating the tests for Aer Lingus and unfortunately didn't manage to proceed past them. I took it as a lesson to just concentrate on the basics and go with my instincts which, fortunately, allowed me to be successful with BA on this occasion. There are more opportunities coming soon!

flyguy21
20th Oct 2023, 18:38
Just been informed I'm through to the next stage (cut-e) for FTE. Anyone else heard back?

173plogger
20th Oct 2023, 19:51
I've also got the email from FTE, I wonder how many passed the assessment day.

krankenhaus145
20th Oct 2023, 19:55
Just been informed I'm through to the next stage (cut-e) for FTE. Anyone else heard back?
Yep, I've heard back. I got through to testing too! Somewhat glad it's online so I don't have to rush through and buy plane tickets to Heathrow!!

Carpflyer82
20th Oct 2023, 21:17
Booked my Skybourne interview at BA's Waterside next week. The 'what to expect document' explains the day will consist of an interview and lunchtime presentation.
The slot I have booked is 5 hours long, the interview is expected to last 40 minutes. It doesnt state how long the presentation and Q & A takes, but can't imagine it taking anywhere near 4 hours.
Am I missing something? Are there more tests? Surely they would notify us if there was. 🤔

Pylot1999
21st Oct 2023, 09:11
Booked my Skybourne interview at BA's Waterside next week. The 'what to expect document' explains the day will consist of an interview and lunchtime presentation.
The slot I have booked is 5 hours long, the interview is expected to last 40 minutes. It doesnt state how long the presentation and Q & A takes, but can't imagine it taking anywhere near 4 hours.
Am I missing something? Are there more tests? Surely they would notify us if there was. 🤔

There will be a lot of sitting around. You're not missing anything. Someone brought a work laptop with them when I went. They could have done morning/afternoon slots for the FTE assessment days as group exercise/tests/presentation doesn't take more than a few hours. Perhaps they'll refine this in the future.

PPRuNeUser0195
21st Oct 2023, 11:36

I assumed it might involve a group Exercise and potentially a bit of sitting around waiting to be interviewed. I guess it all depends on how many people there are at each session.

incognitoaviator
21st Oct 2023, 21:00
Quick question for people attending the in-person Skyborne interview - The 'What to expect' guide references a 'What to bring to your assessments' guide that hasn't been provided for me on the BA website, does anyone know where we can find this? Thanks :)

PPRuNeUser0195
22nd Oct 2023, 06:26
Quick question for people attending the in-person Skyborne interview - The 'What to expect' guide references a 'What to bring to your assessments' guide that hasn't been provided for me on the BA website, does anyone know where we can find this? Thanks :)

If you login to your BA account and go to the interview section there is a file “Skyborne - what to expect”. It says in there everything you need to bring with you.

incognitoaviator
22nd Oct 2023, 08:27
Yeah I have the “Skyborne - what to expect” guide, but there's a line in it that says "Please check the ‘What to bring to your assessments’ guide carefully and ensure that you bring ALL the correct documents." Might be that the documents they've given as examples are all the ones we need, just though the line about this other guide was odd. Thanks for the reply!

PPRuNeUser0195
22nd Oct 2023, 11:52
Yeah I have the “Skyborne - what to expect” guide, but there's a line in it that says "Please check the ‘What to bring to your assessments’ guide carefully and ensure that you bring ALL the correct documents." Might be that the documents they've given as examples are all the ones we need, just though the line about this other guide was odd. Thanks for the reply!

Ah apologies I see what you mean now! I was intending to take the bits it mentions there, certificates etc.

LCpl_Ghostrider
22nd Oct 2023, 20:47
Set up a WA group for people to chat. Ping me your number on DM if you want to join.

incognitoaviator
23rd Oct 2023, 11:05
Yeah seems like it should be enough! I've emailed them to ask about it so will post if I hear anything otherwise

swannley
23rd Oct 2023, 12:06
Set up a WA group for people to chat. Ping me your number on DM if you want to join.
Great idea, ive dropped you a DM!

CTO04
23rd Oct 2023, 15:06
I assumed it might involve a group Exercise and potentially a bit of sitting around waiting to be interviewed. I guess it all depends on how many people there are at each session.

from what I can tell I don’t think there will be a group exercise, I assume they would explicitly say. I can just imagine there will be some waiting around for interviews involved.

CTO04
23rd Oct 2023, 15:08

using this as my third post so I can DM members haha. Will DM you once I’m able to. Thank you for setting it up.

MarmalAbe
23rd Oct 2023, 15:39
Is there any indication at all as to numbers available for each slot? Just trying to gauge the size of the cull before the final stage.

I'm imagining quite a few hundred, if we think two slots of anywhere probably between 10 and 50 each day of which there were roughly 10.
But then again I've got no clue, we'll have to see after the first day if someone reports back.

MarmalAbe
23rd Oct 2023, 15:42

I've just gotta get 3 posts but I'll send a DM :)

YellowLamb
23rd Oct 2023, 20:52
Tried to DM you but don’t have enough points! Could you drop me a message please?

PPRuNeUser0195
24th Oct 2023, 10:16

My guess was that it would be up near 1000, but in all honesty I haven’t a clue!

nirip27
24th Oct 2023, 10:22
1000, no way I don't think. Will be more like 400 to 500 all together including fte and skyborne

marinecitro
24th Oct 2023, 13:14
My guess was that it would be up near 1000, but in all honesty I haven’t a clue!

Surely doing face to face interviews with 1000 people would be some task? Not sure how you could fairly narrow it down. You could be right though!

Pylot1999
24th Oct 2023, 13:15
1000, no way I don't think. Will be more like 400 to 500 all together including fte and skyborne

We were told on the FTE day it was down to the final 800.

PPRuNeUser0195
24th Oct 2023, 13:26

I’d like it to be lower to improve my chances but I remember reading that Tui interviewed 2000 for half the number of jobs, and probably fewer applicants. I’m sure we will find out soon enough though.

speedbird42
24th Oct 2023, 13:28
Aer Lingus invited 580 candidates for their group exercise and interview days in Dublin for the 20 spots they have. Originally getting 6000+ applications

nirip27
24th Oct 2023, 13:31
Yeah but TUI is a huge company that probably has many recruitment people to interview contestants. Skyborne is an independent flight school with probably only a handful of people interviewing. From sources, I know at the video interview stage they cut it down to 2000, 3000ish. Whoever passed the video assessment I would then imagine was cut down to about a 1000 for the assessments. From then it was likely to cut to 500 at most. Also FTE only had like 3 or 4 days of assessments and group exercise. That in itself suggests numbers are much lower now in the few hundred likely. My guess is that they will have 20 to 30 per day at the skyborne interviews. Thats a heck of a lot of in person interviews for 1000 people. Therefore more likely that it's now a few hundred