PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Cancelling flights!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Sonikt
5th Feb 2018, 15:45
TheMightyAtom

My immediate thought when I saw the comments is that maybe FR have identified that rostering will be very tight from Easter due to resignations etc.

So MOL is proactively lining up someone else to blame (pesky unions) for the inevitable cancellations.

The goal being to portray the issue as a temporary IR problem, rather than a structural deficit of crew.

eduelp
5th Feb 2018, 19:04
Well, it would be nice to see some actual strike action going on by the pilots that still have some self-respect (a.k.a. non-UK based) during Easter.

Trossie
6th Feb 2018, 12:52
I can just visualise the red flag with a hammer and sickle flying over your house and sewn on your flight-bag!

Any strike over Easter could be a perfect way of reducing the pilots' annual hours/days with someone else to blame!

How many airlines are there left in the UK now that don't have meaningful BALPA involvement?

Read a very good article recently about how the extreme of dealing with a union was a strike, while the extreme of not dealing with a union is that pilots leave. The total disruption caused by a strike is much less than the total disruption caused by pilots leaving, especially during periods (now!) of pilot shortages.

hec7or
6th Feb 2018, 14:49
while the extreme of not dealing with a union is that pilots leave

Good point Trossie, after a strike you still have a workforce.

it would be nice to see some actual strike action

Psychopathic viewpoint, the travelling public would have their travel plans disrupted.

schweizer2
6th Feb 2018, 15:13
The travelling public want cheap tickets, even at the cost of the lifestyle of a pilot. They deserve to have their travel plans disrupted if they buy tickets knowing the pilot force of an airline is unhappy and threatening industrial action!

RAT 5
6th Feb 2018, 16:05
New Start-Up airline. "Fair-trade Express." Required, but doubt it will ever happen.

ExDubai
6th Feb 2018, 16:41
For me it seems they want cheap tickets even at the cost of saftey....

Globally Challenged
6th Feb 2018, 17:10
The passengers know what they are getting when they buy tickets with Ryanair - and pilots at Ryanair knew what they were getting when they signed up and paid for their ratings.

The passengers are not to blame ...

172_driver
6th Feb 2018, 17:26
Same could be said about blood diamonds, cobalt, bananas, coffee.

Still doesn’t make poor treatment of staff legitimate.

Mikehotel152
6th Feb 2018, 18:21
Genius. And I suppose those pax who booked on BA a few months back should have been wary because of BA's track record with dodgy IT!

And those idiots who booked Monarch holidays too...

:ugh:

VinRouge
6th Feb 2018, 20:24
I bet they didnt have Michael O'Leary claiming it was bad weather over Italy when actually he didnt have any pilots to fly his jets!

RHINO
7th Feb 2018, 08:31
In previous posts I have mentioned that their crewing issue will take at least 12 months to begin to right itself. There is no doubt the blame game is starting now, strikes or no strikes. They will have a good idea of the training through put for summer 2018 and also whether they are managing to retain people, my guess, it is going to be super tight on what is planned. This message about 'the platoons of goons' is not just for the media/passenger benefit but also for the various regulators. If you take the UK CAA it could not care to hoots who flies the passengers (viz a viz Qatar can appear at the drop of a regulators pen) so woe betide whoever messes up someones £9.99 flight. Ryanair's management are getting the narrative sorted early so they can move out of the sights, the aim is being directed.....answers on a postcard.

RudderTrimZero
7th Feb 2018, 13:47
https://www.ft.com/content/e7f0490e-0b1c-11e8-8eb7-42f857ea9f09

Europe's healthiest economy is doing great.

Airone2977
7th Feb 2018, 14:19
I'm not an expert but according to recruitment figures, RYR will recruit another thousand pilot within 2018, mostly cadet.
Correct me if I'm wrong but this lead us to 2100 pilots in two years so half the pilot workforce. woooww :eek:

BluSdUp
7th Feb 2018, 15:43
Anyone interested in Terms and Conditions in Europe does well to read anything RYR has on the news bulletins.

As for the ca 500 10 years plus Veterans , some are feed up with the whole show. Especially watching Igor from Vladivostok and the likes sailing into the LH seat at his preferred base at 156 000 euro a year as an RYR employee!

Anyway
I have made my predictions, and it looks like MOL has made a worstcase that is close.

iome
7th Feb 2018, 19:15
Interesting times indeed

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/1229/930065-ryanair-pilots-social-security/

gearlever
8th Feb 2018, 12:57
Ryanair's Spanish pilots' union launches legal actions against airline

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0207/939030-ryanair-spanish-pilots/

seven3seven
8th Feb 2018, 16:36
It really amazes me why people would accept a sham contract as a pilot. Full-time employment, or your employer is taking you for a fool. Come on guys, you deserve better!

schweizer2
8th Feb 2018, 23:23
Now entering what is probably RYR's biggest "non operation" expense. The airline is nearly 2nd to their law firm! I bet this doesn't get far, though I bloody hope it does. Good luck.

gearlever
27th Feb 2018, 13:28
Ryanair-Piloten fordern Absetzung von Michael O'Leary (http://www.aero.de/news-28661/Ryanair-Piloten-fordern-OLeary-zum-Ruecktritt-auf.html)

Ooooops.....

OldLurker
27th Feb 2018, 14:35
Story in English (Reuters):
Ryanair pilot group calls for CEO O'Leary's resignation (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ryanair-unions/ryanair-pilot-group-calls-for-ceo-olearys-resignation-idUSKCN1GA0YI)

aj1
27th Feb 2018, 14:35
Apparently Brexit is the reason that GLA base is closing.. I'm assuming thats not the whole truth here..?

Rated De
2nd Mar 2018, 08:24
Ryanair is trying to find a pragmatic solution with unions in a“sweet spot” where staff conditions are improved, but that the airline’s pioneering low-cost model is not undermined, Wilson said.
“The world isn’t going to change drastically beyond this model,” he said.

So fast Eddie is this a statement of fact or just your opinion?

Is it just me but was wondering why Ryan Air bother with a people manager?

RAT 5
2nd Mar 2018, 08:45
Would that be the same low-cost model that is used by hugely successful profit making, expanding, unionised, profit sharing SWA? or is it another version?

BluSdUp
4th Mar 2018, 19:49
Is there anyone here that works for SWA or that know the terms and conditions?

With the financial success of RYR it would be what the RYR pilots should aim for! I have heard it is quite good , so can anyone in the know please post a short overview of what they make and how the general conditions are.

This would be most helpful for the RYR pilots to put things in perspective. And any successful European LCC pilot for that mater.

Thanks

Jaair
5th Mar 2018, 10:27
Ryanair traffic grows 5% in Februrary

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/traffic-grows-5pc-in-february-at-ryanair-36670057.html

littco
8th Mar 2018, 05:55
I see MOL is now saying he'll ground aircraft to protest over Brexit and make the public see what a bad idea Brexit is

More like the next time they have a pilot shortage and planes get grounded he will blame it on Brexit to make it look like a planned grounding rather than an actual pilot issue.

skyloone
8th Mar 2018, 13:45
Chatting to a few FR folk it would appear the summer schedule is still being “worked on”. Is this standard for FR or indeed other airlines..... March seems a bit close to summer. Or could numbers still be be short. What’s the legal position on standby cover?

Airone2977
15th Mar 2018, 08:20
Interesting :):}

Fat Busdriver
18th Mar 2018, 17:36
Hello guys,

I have heard rumours that Ryanair will open a new base in Copenhagen and is negotiating with Danish union FPU. Anybody with some more info about this?

gearlever
19th Mar 2018, 17:05
IFALPA Conference Statement on Ryanair

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180319005583/en/IFALPA-Conference-Statement-Ryanair

BluSdUp
20th Mar 2018, 10:24
It is nice to see some IFALPA involvement, finally.
Looking forward to some action from that side soon. Two line at a dinner is not quite going to do it. Remember it is the future of the industry, no issue IFALPA deals with is more important then this. As it ultimately leads to unsafe conditions worldwide if the present model is allowed to continue.

As fare as Storm McGinly not giving out German bases anymore it is just a consequence of the fact that it was illegal the way they did it.
According to the latest court filing from Germany. ( Not my opinion, a fact to be confirmed in court!).

Just watch, the rest of Europe is next!
Then again it is up to YOU to push and speed up the process.

RAT 5
20th Mar 2018, 10:49
As fare as Storm McGinly not giving out German bases anymore it is just a consequence of the fact that it was illegal the way they did it.
According to the latest court filing from Germany. ( Not my opinion, a fact to be confirmed in court!).

And just who created that construction and forced them to do it? Did Storm think it up all by themselves? Doubtful. If it was illegal and there are penalties to pay, then surely those at the root of it all should bear the brunt.
It will be interesting to watch what is going on with the BBC & HMRC & 'self-employed' presenters' court cases. HMRC has already ruled against the status of one of the presenters. It will be interesting to see how far the BBC gets dragged into the mud and penalty box.

BluSdUp
20th Mar 2018, 13:24
Is BBC a State owned company or a normal company.

If state owned I would say it says a bit about the moral of the Board that has been pushing the contracts!

BluSdUp
20th Mar 2018, 13:38
State owned it turns out!
5 ooo million Pounds worth of annual revenue.
Of which 4 Billion are fee and taxes from the public.
( BBC World is somewhat independent and has almost 1 Billion in annual commercial income.)
So, the State is cheating on the tax. CHARMING! Eh!! So called Freelance! PERFECT!

Dudley Do Right
20th Mar 2018, 20:42
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-19/ryanair-s-global-pitch-to-pilots-job-stability-but-no-free-coffee

Bayerische
29th May 2018, 13:35
How is the Ryanair operation shaping up for the summer months?

Have they recruited enough staff to cover the roster?

gearlever
29th May 2018, 13:44
How is the Ryanair operation shaping up for the summer months?

Have they recruited enough staff to cover the roster?

Hhm...
Ryanair drohen nun auch Streiks in der Kabine - airliners.de (http://www.airliners.de/ryanair-streiks-kabine/45111)

172_driver
30th May 2018, 07:16
Apparently the first contact between SPF (union, Sweden) and Ryanair was a laugh. After the introduction the delegation from Ryanair refused further negotiation with "competitor airline pilots". They're not serious about it yet, and worth all missery coming their way!!