View Full Version : Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

TightSlot
6th Feb 2012, 17:19
Continue Here

Sydneysider88
6th Feb 2012, 23:26
Word on the street is casual recruitment is the new way they're going. Old staff as golden oldies being made redundant. They want fresh young new staff to fill redundancy positions. Word from the top I heard today.

I'm sure there is more to it, and correct me if im wrong. But many older ladies who have been in it for years that I know are all being made redundant and casuals are being placed more and more.

marly
7th Feb 2012, 00:59
Yep I have heard that too. I think that they see it is the only way to stay competitive. It is a shame for the long term staff. I think that the bigwigs in corporate need to sit down and work out if they want to fight to save the flying Kangaroo - the icon of australian aviation - or do the r word - redo. A fresh new approach to the way they operate, VA have had a overhaul and seem to be going good for them.
Now they are talking about selling off Jetstar :eek:

Alan Joyce needs a big kick up the backside and fight

I will now get off my soapbox

Tainlovestofly
7th Feb 2012, 01:57
It's a shame, because I, and many people I know would love to work for Qantas mainline, yet are not willing to give up our fulltime flying jobs elsewhere in exchange for a casual job at mainline. Too risky. I'd want a fulltime position for sure.

But I guess there are enough people out there who don't care about that and will happily take on a casual job and not mind that they don't get stable hours, any benefits or have Qantas paying their bills.

Sydneysider88
7th Feb 2012, 02:05
I think everyone would be in the boat of wanting mainline. Casual is not ideal but if that's what it is, then I guess it suits some.

You still get benefits also. They aren't too bad, and people who I know who are casuals earn more than FT staff at the moment. That's just the people I know anyway. Mainline FT would be amazing. But obviously Qantas benefits from casual labour hire.

JacintaMerri
7th Feb 2012, 08:29
That's the word on the street in Victoria too.

F/T is still being offered but only to casuals.

@Marly - Theyll never sell off Jetstar....eeeever.(...well, not any time soon) Fact In two years time, the expected growth of Jetstar will be 10 times its current size.

bbear75
7th Feb 2012, 23:25
All the crew that are leaving are doing so voluntarily. For most, their career is winding down and the payout conditions suit them. With several 747 retiring in the next few years, and changes to destinations they made a decision based on what suits them. No one has lost their job. Around 440 crew took the VR package. Qantas have decided that a casual work base suits them re flexibility. At the moment all the longhaul EBAs are based on a full time/part time contract, who knows what will happen when it's up for negotiation this year. Hiring casual domestic crew and transferring them to the A380 as needed obviously allows greater flexibility to the company whilst so many changes are happening. Ultimately it would work in Qantas' favour to employ everyone on leaner conditions and pay.
Like I said in another thread the training centre is booked solid at the moment with domestic-A380 conversion classes. I would think a MAM position would open up to a A380 full time position fairly quickly. 3 more aircraft coming means over 300 crew needed and the 747 crew don't want to work on the aircraft, so where does that leave the recruitment? Mam Casual.

Jecui
25th Nov 2012, 04:23
Is there anyone on here that has transferred from MAM to QCCA in the past? I would love to hear how they've found flying for QCCA in comparison to flying domestically under the MAM contract, and whether they're happy they transferred. I would be interested in hearing from other QCCA crew in general, regarding what it's like to work on the A380 too.

Tyman
6th May 2013, 08:05
So it looks like these guys are hiring again whats the goss on this recruitment? Full-time casual second languages?....:confused:

GalleyHag
6th May 2013, 12:38
go to the careers section on qantas.com you will see they are full time positions and no second language is required.

moonie
8th May 2013, 20:26
I am SO EXCITED about the Qantas recruitment happening now. Yeah!!!!
Does anybody know any more info than is already on the Qantas website - specifically about what types of people they are looking for? Long Haul / Short Haul? I live in Brisbane. Will it improve my chances if I offer to move to Sydney/Melbourne? Although a second language is not a requirement in the job ad, am I kidding myself thinking that I have a chance only speaking English? I imagine most Long Haul crew have a second language? Soooo excited!!

GalleyHag
8th May 2013, 22:58
QCCA employ flight attendants in the International division only therefore you will be flying long haul on the A380. QCCA crew are based in Sydney and Melbourne. Initially you may have to relocate to your assigned base but there are plenty of QCCA crew that live in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast and commute.

Recruitment had just been undertaken for language speakers for QCCA therefore having no second language will not hold you back as this is not a language speaker recruitment drive.

Bluesky20
11th May 2013, 12:23
Apparently they're just accepting expressions of interest for now.

GoldCoast1
12th May 2013, 04:53
Hi Bluesky,

I think you'll find they are actively recruiting:D

catzparadise
15th May 2013, 09:38
TEXT SPEAK - BANNED

bean_pole_69
16th May 2013, 04:29
Hi All, I don't normally ask things like this, but could any current employee give an idea of what the fortnightly pay is? Also an idea of what kind of trips you do & average nights away? I've read the EBA but its pretty basic, do you receive meal allowances as well as DTA? I've been invited to an assessment day, so any information would be greatly appreciated!

moonie
16th May 2013, 11:03
Galleyhag! Thanks for the very informative post and answers to my questions.
I am looking for a copy of the current QCCA EBA. Is it EBA9? I cannot seem to find a copy I can look at. Any ideas?

Firecat
17th May 2013, 03:47
Domestic recruitment is likely for ADL or PER
QCCA international needs careful scrutiny
Pay
Destinations
Time at home
Hours worked per roster
Dont let the stars get in your eyes.The job has changed over the last few years.Pay is lower than it used to be.Sometimes you only get two days at home between trips.Most sectors are longhaul(13hrs plus).Slip time in DXB for example is 17hrs.QCCA has three destinations at present:HKG DXB LAX
You can be rostered up to 240hr/56 day Bid period.
If you havent travelled much the first year can be the best and the worst .
Sleep deprivation.More chest infections/colds than you've had in your life.Skin problems.Eye infections.Processed aircraft food.
Go in with your eyes wide open.Especially if you already have a well paid job.
Sorry dont mean to be negative just honest
Domestic is the way to go.Less Stress on your body.You can always move over to mainline/longhaul later.Generally the pay is better also

QueenBuzzzzz
17th May 2013, 06:33
While I agree that everyone should look at pay and conditions before starting QCCA, I would like to clear up some of Firecat's misinformation.

The slip time in Dubai is over 30 hours, not 17 hours.

Yes, we do sometimes have only 2 days after a trip, but we also have up to 10 days off in a row in an 8 week roster period.

Yes, 2 of our trips are looooong haul (17 hour shifts), however this also means a lot of overtime (payable after 12 hours then again after 14)

Expect to do 6-8 trips in an 8 week period. You will have 18 days off officially, but in reality you will have another 10 minimum. This is because the LA and DXB trips are very high hours in a short amount of time and you can't be rostered more than 7 in 8 weeks. So, more money and lots of time at home.

Base pay is low, but with tax free allowances and overtime expect to clear $55 000 a year.

Both domestic flying and international flying are fantastic and suit people for many different reasons.

EBA 9 is currently before FWA, so we are still under EBA 8.

Good luck to everyone applying, I still love my job immensely after 5 years!

Tyman
17th May 2013, 07:43
QUEENBUZZ thanks for the info just what I was looking for. :D

So who gets the Red and Pink variants of the new uniform?

Pink Long-haul???????
Red Domestic??????

Or visa versa who's in the know? :ugh:

And also is it going to be Mr CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN heels? :cool:
They looked like in the Catwalk show.

QueenBuzzzzz
17th May 2013, 08:04
Ha Ha go straight for the hard hitting questions!

Flight attendants and ground staff wear the red and pink.

Managers wear the red and red.

Unfortunately no Loubys :{. The red soles wouldn't last very long walking the kms through the airport, but it would have been great to have issued heels, I think the Virgin girls look so smart wearing the same style, not like our ratty things!

Other people have asked how many overnights we get, which I didn't answer. Obviously every trip is an overnight, but an LA and Dubai trip is a 4 day trip so you leave Monday morning and get back Thursday morning (for example) and have 1 night in the hotel. A Hong Kong trip is a 3 day trip but if you leave on a Sunday it's a 6 day trip, which is wonderful.

A typical 8 week roster would be 3 LA and 3 Dubai and 1 Hong Kong. We only fly to Hong Kong 4 days a week, so you go there less.

We are able to swap trips with each other and also bid for days off, which are usually granted.

6 weeks annual leave a year and access to staff travel after 6 months. You are also able to request 8 days a year for special occasions.

Hmmmm.... Think that's it. This is the first big recruitment in 5 years so really looking forward to seeing new faces. If you've ever wondered what it's like you should apply! Hard, tiring work but very rewarding.

Firecat
17th May 2013, 08:12
The term "misinformation" suggests an attempt at deception.That was not my intention.The orginal patterns for DXB were 17hrs.Intervention by the Flight Attendants Association prevented those patterns.Sorry I should keep abreast of what is changing.Thanks QB for pointing out my error
Slips in LAX are around 34hrs.Arrive around 0945 and leave the following night at 2100.A four day trip.Six of those in a row and your wheels will spin countertclockwise.Throw in a DXB in the middle and you get my drift.
Its a great job.But its not for everyone

QueenBuzzzzz
17th May 2013, 08:19
Point taken regarding the word misinformation (and it's not what I intended), but we were NEVER going to have a 17 hour slip! ( unlike our poor LHR crew )

The Oz to Dubai flight gets in at 00:30am and flies back around 9am, so it was always going to be what it is.

And the roster can't be built with more than 7 Dubai or La trips or we'll go over hours.

I was on the 747 for a few years and always only had my minimum 18 days off. On the 380 I am home minimum 26 days a roster. Yes, less destinations, but the amount of time at home now makes up for that. And the replacement of Singapores with Dubai has increased my pay $5000 a year, so I'm happy.

QueenBuzzzzz
17th May 2013, 23:17
I believe the recruitment is taking place due to the large amounts of short haul crew finishing their contracts and not being able to renew them.

Although galley gossip is suggesting we will be doing a lot of cross crewing with the LHR base to increase efficiency.

And the other rumour is we will be leasing aircraft from Emirates in our colours, so we are about to expand.

Firecat
18th May 2013, 00:15
Maybe i should switch from mainline to the A380.
There is no growth happening here

rrabbits
18th May 2013, 12:34
Hi There,

Do you know if they are concentrating on hiring for Melbourne base or Sydney? I don't mind going to either so I am not sure what to state on my application. I am just doing my application now!! Excited! :D

bean_pole_69
19th May 2013, 03:37
Thanks for all the information! I've decided to withdraw my application for now after carefully reading the EBA. I currently fly for Regional, and I just don't think I could do it... Hopefully QD starts recruiting soon! Good luck to those of you who do go through. For those who were asking about Assessement Days, I know a few girls from work applied and had SYD as their preference and are yet to be invited to an Assessement Day. I had MEL as my preference and was invited 12 hours after the application was submitted.. Don't know if that helps?

Volagirl
20th May 2013, 02:57
Anyone have any Group Interview or assessment day tips etc on QCCA.
Mel interview next week. Thanks.:ok:

krysha01
20th May 2013, 03:09
Hi, I was just applying for the online registration and where you attach the documents it asking for water compentancy certificate. I tried looking up online but had no luck. Where would I go to obtain it? :}

QueenBuzzzzz
20th May 2013, 10:59
AFAIK the water competency cert comes in when you study emergency procedures during training and it is a pass or fail component. They make you swim up the pool rescuing someone and from memory tread water for 5 minutes, all with a life jacket on. Perhaps it's changed, but I can't imagine it's that important.

So much has been said on these forums regarding recruitment days but just be yourself, smile heaps, address people by name, don't be overbearing, but do be confident, make eye contact, offer people water/tea/coffee if you're getting yourself one, don't say you're applying bc you have a passion for travelling and you want the discount travel, and if you make it to the panel interviews (if they still have them), then I find it useful to have a closing statement that will make them remember you.

Good Luck!

erio
21st May 2013, 09:57
I hope to do not go very much off-topic but when filling the application online there is a part asking for a photograph. Is it a full lenght photo or only face?

Thanks guys for the help.

PMK
21st May 2013, 10:50
Hi there
After I applied online and was invited to an AD, an email with the AD details had the water competency certificate attached to it - I'm not sure where else you would get it :)

Jsumhun
21st May 2013, 11:34
Im pretty sure it asked for a photograph of yourself in 'Full Business Attire' so I would take a full length photograph.

That is what I did anyway.

Hope that helps.

erio
22nd May 2013, 10:40
Thanks Jsumhun.

I saw Photograph in business attire in the website. I presumed it was full length but not 100% sure, after your answer I will follow your example.

Anybody knows if Qantas do interviews right after they close the recruitment process? I was thinking to go overseas in August and September and I would not like to miss the recruitment process in case I am lucky to go through.

CAS90
22nd May 2013, 11:23
Hi!
Does anyone know when the applications close for qantas long haul?

Thanks!

erio
22nd May 2013, 11:34
Friday 24th May 23:59, or at least this is the message you get if you are doing the application and save it as a draft.

PMK
24th May 2013, 06:32
Hi There
I attended a QCCA AD in MEL recently and have made it to the reference check stage. Does anybody have any info on what happens from here, and possible time frame? Also wondering about the training - I know it's in SYD, is accom and flights provided? Any info would be helpful, thanks :)

Flying Daruma
25th May 2013, 04:16
Hi PMK,

The time frame will vary from person to person. It can take up to a month or more sometimes. Once you've passed the reference checks, you'll be advanced to the next stage which is medicals. The cost of medicals will come out of your own pocket and can take anywhere from a week to a month. Once you've passed all these requirements, your application will be forwarded to a panel for a final approval. At any point in the process they are able to deny your application if for whatever reason they find your application/references/medical unsatisfactory.

Flights & accommodation in Sydney are provided for the duration of EPs. I'm not sure whether you're given allowances during initials though.

Good luck and just be patient. No news is good news sometimes ;)

Zebra89
25th May 2013, 06:29
Hi PMK,

Can you tell us about your AD! Any info on what we should expect would be great!! Any tips or advise...

Thanks

PMK
25th May 2013, 07:27
Hi Zebra89

The day started with document and height checks. Then straight into 2 group activities - 8 to a table with an assessor. They were basically seeing how well you worked with others and how adaptable you were, as there were changes to the activities half way through. I would suggest just be yourself, but make sure you get involved in the activities!

From there you had a lunch hour and were sent a text during that hour inviting you back to a panel interview (with 2) in the afternoon if you were successful. From my day only about a third of the applicants made it to the afternoon. The interview asked you scenario based questions, so I would suggest to have some answers ready.

Whilst waiting for your panel interview assessors checked the rest of your documents. I found the assessors to be very welcoming and helpful - all the applicants were very friendly too. It was an enjoyable day overall. They said it would be a two week wait to find out if you made it to the reference check stage, but thankfully for me I found out the very next day.

Now I myself am trying to find out what happens from here!

Good luck - I hope it all goes well for you. :)

moonie
26th May 2013, 22:55
Hi Everyone! I am getting anxious about my application with QCCA. I applied about 3 weeks ago and have not been emailed anything like others seem to have been on this forum. I attached everything except my First Aid certificate which I will complete in June. Does anybody have an idea of when the Assessment Days will finish? I am SUPER keen for this position! I have wanted it since I was a kid. Any ideas?:):)

PMK
28th May 2013, 12:32
Hi Moonie
At my assessment day last week, I had heard that there were ADs in June also. I hope that helps.

moonie
29th May 2013, 20:30
Hi everyone! I was invited to an AD yesterday to be held mid June in Sydney. If successful, I would like to be based in Melbourne. Does anybody know if I am interviewed in Sydney can I eventually work out of the Melbourne base if I am successful? Or does Sydney interview for the Sydney base only?

Flying Daruma
29th May 2013, 23:51
Hi moonie,

I believe you can request to work out of Melbourne but there are no guarantees. If you don't get it, you can always see if someone is willing to do a port swap and eventually swap over to Melbourne base. It may take a bit of time to eventually swap over though.

However, like the person before me posted, focus on the interview first and than worry about the minor details later. Good luck! :)

GoldCoast1
30th May 2013, 02:10
Hi Moonie,

If you interview for a position in Sydney you work out of Sydney , alot of crew commute, staff travel comes in very handy for that reason..Good luck:)

Firecat
30th May 2013, 07:44
8 day trips for SYD and MEL crews to LHR with slip in DXB..both ways

flyingfoxy
30th May 2013, 12:22
Hi guys. I also have an AD in SYD mid June. Quick couple of questions though - any idea of the time frame of this round of QCCA recruitment? Particularly, any general dates of when training courses are scheduled?
Also, for any current QCCA crew - as LAX and DXB trips are so high in hours I assume you'd reach max duty hours after 6 or 7 trips? Do you receive full off days in between trips or do they have room to place "A" (Available) days as well.
Thanks in advance for your help!

PMK
3rd Jun 2013, 06:20
Hi Deon
At my recruitment day the measurement test was practically the first thing they did. They don't actually tell you how tall you are (I asked what my measurement was as I'm only just 163 and I wanted to make sure they got the same result) and they said they couldn't tell us. However, I wasn't aware of anybody being sent home straight away as a result of not meeting the height requirement.

Prettyinpink
4th Jun 2013, 17:17
Hi everyone. I was wondering if there was any one here who has flown for other airlines or QF that are waiting to hear back after submitting their qcca application?

I know another girl who is ex crew like myself who is also waiting, so i was wondering if maybe they are interviewing people without experience first? I am waiting to hear back for Melb base QCCA. My application wasn't submitted immediately as i had my passport renewed, but i was definitely in earlier than when applications closed.

I've read a few of you having Syd and Melb interviews already so I was curious whether it's based on order of applications received, experience or location. I am on the Gold Coast but I am relocating to Melb for the position if successful.

I am curious as to where my interview will be if they do contact me. I am thinking that might be another factor as to why i am yet to hear, maybe an assessment day is held in Bris? Who knows, but like the rest of you i am itching to get back flying and i have never been the most patient at waiting haha.

I've heard the process is slow, not expecting an overnight miracle, just thought i'd see if anyone else was on the same page as me.

erio
6th Jun 2013, 02:34
Did anybody noticed that in the last weeks some comments made in this thread have disappeared?

Those comments were not harmful, offensive, "text speak",... so I do not understand why they are missing from the conversation. Technical problems maybe?

Probably this post will also disappear.

TightSlot
6th Jun 2013, 08:12
Usually, I wouldn't bother, because it is your job to read this, not mine: In this instance (I must be going soft) I'll make an exception...

Read the last post in THIS (http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/377878-do-not-use-text-speak-read-before-posting-read-before-posting.html) thread.

Most of you don't read it before using the forum or do read it but don't bother to take it in - your posts then get deleted as a result, and repeat offences result in a thread ban.

For those of you more challenged than most, let me be very clear. Facebook is where you go for "I'm so excited" and "I've been waiting ages for a response" type posts that are of practical use or interest to nobody else except the person posting. This forum is intended to provide facts and answers that are of use to those considering applying, not for teenage chatter.

Al, of this information is available in the thread linked to above: Those of you that didn't bother to read it may lack some of the qualities that are required for doing the job.

Prettyinpink
13th Jun 2013, 16:51
Hi.
Has anyone heard more information on when more Assessment days or interviews are being held? Preferably Melbourne based information if anyone has any.

Have any of the recently interviewed people on here been given a training school date or the go ahead to get medical and the rest etc?

3 wks since they closed applications, wondering how far into the process some people are.
thanks.

moonie
13th Jun 2013, 21:29
I went to an AD yesterday and was unsuccessful. But I found out they had 3500 applicants and they will only take 70. That's a 2% chance if being selected.

PMK
14th Jun 2013, 06:58
Bad luck Moonie :{
I had my AD back in May and got as far as reference checks. Found out today I was unsuccessful - but given those stats you provided I feel a bit better about even making it that far!

Prettyinpink
15th Jun 2013, 01:48
I have heard from someone Qf long haul that it was about 4200 applicants.. I was already shocked when I read the over 3000 applicant post above.

Anyone know of they are still going to go through all applications and interview before they make fibal decision for the few positions offered??
Thanks

cloudsurfng
15th Jun 2013, 13:56
it would appear that recruitment have a certain profile they are looking for....I've had 6 friends go to 6 different recruitment days, and many with experience (emirates/Qatar/virgin) are not even getting to the interview stage whilst people with no experience barely out of school are. hell, even current australian QF uk employees are being deemed unsuitable!!! QF want 'yes' people, people who won't stand up for themselves and who will just take whatever crap is thrown their way. so don't despair if you don't get in, it probably means you were actually right for the job. something better is around the corner. you don't want to come here anyway......:ugh::{:mad:

Flying Daruma
15th Jun 2013, 23:12
First of all, I'm so sorry to hear that moonie and PMK.

Don't let it get you down though. It takes several tries and sometimes more. I personally remember being rejected 5 times (from different airlines) before I actually even got the job. So keep your head up high and recruitments always looms in about every year or two. Use this time to determine what you can do better and how to improve your chances :) If you want help, than please feel free to ask at any time.

Secondly, with all due respect I must disagree with the above post.

If the ratio of applicants to necessary crew is 3000:70, than should it really be such a surprise than even people with airline experience are cut? The experience usually only gets you to the AD which you clearly stated that they have reached. In my experience at ADs before I became crew, they would judge a person by their responses during the interview, their references and such on. As a matter of fact, from the list of people who had actually gotten the job from my AD, half of them had previous airline experience.

On top of that, would they really have the time to pull up 40-50 people's resumes each AD to determine who had previous airline experience so that they could cut them out? I wouldn't think so.

And please, don't call the applicants who are successful "people who can't stand up for themselves". It's disrespectful to those who actually get the job.

Sonique
16th Jun 2013, 02:26
Cloud surfing - your post just proved to everyone that the recruitment process works. Slamming your current employer shows nil integrity. Of course someone off the street would be chosen over you , smiling on the day doesn't hide your true colours !! As a current employee one would have hoped that you were extremely helpful , positive , friendly , warm , engaging and a team player. You did display those qualities right ?? Or was it all just about ' me me me ' wanting a ticket back to a job in oz ? Seems like it.

cloudsurfng
16th Jun 2013, 15:20
I would hardly call that stating that Qantas want yes people as slamming my employer. integrity? I assume you are crew....seen any integrity from QF in the last few years when it comes to their own employees?

of course some experienced people will get through. and of course not ALL who get through are moronic 'yes ' people. but the fact is, most younger in experienced people will do whatever the company wants.

the fact is though, QF have employed some absolute shockers. don't even pretend you haven't come across another crew member and thought to yourself, 'how the bloody hell did they get through'.

the Ek/qr/qcuk people were not arrogant 'get me home' types as you :mad:suggest. they were all professional crew with loads of experience and clean records. how could you possibly sit there and tell me that someone who has zero time is a better employment prospect than a current employee in a different base that other for some stupid industrial reason (divide and conquer) would be in oz already.

unfortunately...the me me me generation is all we employee these days. I have personally witnessed about 9 out of one crew completely ignore the flight crew when they got on the bus and introduced themselves. couldn't even drag their eyes off their phones for 10 seconds. disgraceful.

and, as I said, for the people who didnt get in, something better will come along!

oh sonique, clearly comprehension isn't your strongest asset.

disclaimer.....some of the me me me generation and some of the people recruited recently are bloody brilliant as well.

Flying Daruma
17th Jun 2013, 00:34
While I agree some crew can be shocking when it comes to their performance, manners and etiquette. They do come from both older QALs and newer QCCA. To be honest though, the same can be said of the Flight Crew and any other airline for that matter.

Because if you think QF has employed some absolute shockers, it really happens everywhere and is not limited to QF alone. I can say this because I've witnessed both amazing and terrible customer service as a customer from other airlines (EK, SQ) and also because I've worked for other airlines before this as well (JL, CX).

You have amazing employees and you have absolutely horrific employees. That's just the nature of the any industry. I'm not arguing that QF doesn't have it's share of bad Air Crew, but the same can be said for every other airline. Therefore, I don't see the point in criticising our crew when they can be both good and bad.

With that said, this isn't really the place or forum to be discussing this matter and I'll leave it at that. I apologize having dragged it out on a discussion where we're supposed to be helping aspiring crew.

TightSlot
18th Jun 2013, 07:15
Please be aware that there is a (very) long history of embittered QF staff hijacking existing PPRuNe threads to disseminate hate filled tirades against their employer. Nobody knows how justified their cause may be, and nobody has cared for a very long time: If you wish to read this kind of stuff, the Dunnunda forums on PPruNe are full of it - a long-standing billboard representing everything that is the worst about Australia and QF and showcasing none of the features that are attractive.

For those of you considering a new career in aviation in Australia, make your own decisions, but do try and think carefully first. In many cases, advice that you receive from existing staff may be tainted, or addressing a hidden agenda: Normally the moderators will delete obviously tainted posts, or just move them to the Dunnunda forums.

Jsumhun
18th Jun 2013, 11:49
I have a question for those that have only recently attended AD's, either in Sydney or Melbourne.

Are you able to speak any language(s) other than English?

A friend of mine that works for QF Domestic seems to think they were looking for people that do in-fact speak more than one language but admits she may have it confused with the earlier Arabic hiring.

Prettyinpink
20th Jun 2013, 15:54
Hi all.

Just thought i would share that i noticed applications have re opened again on the Qantas careers website.. I was under the impression they had received too many applications and were still going through them for assessment days and interviews?

If any one missed out applying last time before it closed, now is probably a good time to submit in case they close it again?

Interesting to see how it all pans out in a few more weeks or months when it is all sorted and numbers are allocated etc.

RedLippy
22nd Jun 2013, 19:12
Since I applied after they'd sent the email about updating their careers website and registering new interest, the job status on my application page has never changed from "accepting job submissions".

When and where does it say it was closed and reopened?

Could it be to do with different states, I'm in NSW?

Prettyinpink
23rd Jun 2013, 01:29
Well it was taken off the careers part of the Qantas website for current vacancies around the 24th May. So i am not sure how people could continue applying without the link? I assumed it was finished. I noticed the other night that it was re posted again around the 13th of June and it still has a link to the Qcca application now. I'm not sure when it ends this time/taken down. Qf staff have told me they are receiving emails about still working out new numbers and which bases are short etc.

I haven't heard about any more AD or interview dates etc..
If anyone has been to one recently, i would love to know.??

alyssa
26th Jun 2013, 06:17
I would like to ask anyone who has been to any AD lately if they know if anyone of mature age had got through to the interview panel stage of the day. A family friend in her 40's is wanting to apply and woould be a great candidate for the position either domestic or international. She is a little hesitant to try and give it a go and I am trying to convince her otherwise.

deon85
26th Jun 2013, 15:12
Tell her to go for it. At my AD there were a few "older" ladies who got through
They were really lovely as well... Tell your friend to apply :)

PMK
29th Jun 2013, 11:17
Hi Alyssa
Tell your friend to go for it. I am in my early 40s and at my AD I made it through to panel interviews and also to reference checks. I didn't get the job but I'm positive still there's hope for us oldies!

Jackal717
29th Jun 2013, 15:24
Hey PMK. I don't understand why you failed at the reference check stage. Did your referees give a bad comment about you? I think it is illegal that the referee that we ask for providing us reference give them a bad comment. Or am I missunderstanding?
Well I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get through. I would be so sad till death if i fail at the very end of the process. You mst handle this very well :)

alyssa
30th Jun 2013, 06:36
Hi PMK,
And to all who replied. Pmk can you advise whether you had a medical done? Very strange they let you go at reference stage(sad for you).my relative has applied online for both domestic and QCCA. So proud of her. She is hesitant as she is in her late 40's. She wanted me to ask you how you found the whole experience and what customer service experience you have had.Also what questions you were asked in the interview. :)

PMK
30th Jun 2013, 08:23
Hi Alyssa and Jackyl
The reference checks are no longer phonecalls. They email your referees a document with questions they usually ask on the phone. As it turned out my referees both sent me a copy of their responses. Their references were absolutely glowing, so I am not sure exactly what went wrong. I was an Ansett FA for a couple of years but since then I have been a teacher - so I guess my experience was not so relevant when there are thousands of people applying who have current and relevant hospitality experience.
At least I didn't actually get to the medical check stage (imagine paying all that money and then not getting the job).

But, I will keep trying! Good luck to you both, and your older applicant!

alyssa
1st Jul 2013, 07:10
Pmk thanks for your reply. My friend has many years in hospitality so she does have that up her sleeve. As for me, i applied last year but was unsuccessful after the interview stage. I think i went in too over confident but thats ok i am now teaching english in Tokyo and loving it. Maybe in years to come I may re-apply.

Can anyone who has had a medical done advise what is involved. And Pmk what questions were you asked in the interview. Your reply is will be appreciated yet again.:)

Jackal717
1st Jul 2013, 10:24
Hi PMK. thanks for replying. Mmmm now I am more confused with Qantas' requirements!! For what reason they rejected you since you have all the qualifications they require. If they didn't want you, why would they have held you till the reference check? But at least you are a cabin crew, you have more experience than the others. I wish you can step further to a better airlines.

Cheers

PMK
3rd Jul 2013, 07:20
Hi Jackal
The questions asked were fairly standard for airline recruitment days:
Tell us about when you worked well in a team
Tell us about a time you had to deal with conflict
Tell us how you would deliver excellent customer service.
I was also asked to tell them a bit about myself and why I wanted to work for QCCA.
My recommendation would be to answer questions using the STAR technique (as outlined on the Careers website).

alyssa
6th Jul 2013, 10:31
Can you please advise what is involved with the medical. Also is a dental check carried out as well? My relative is asking the question. Also she has not heard back from QCCA or Qantas domestic as of yet and she applied online 2 weeks ago.

Many thanks :)

QFWonabe
13th Jul 2013, 16:37
Hi
Im currently working for EK and thinking of coming back to Australia. Can anyone tell me what a typical roster would look like for a brand new and very junior qantas domestic crew, based out of either Syd or Mel. What sort of trips would I do and where would I layover?
Many thanks in Advance

Flying Daruma
15th Jul 2013, 01:12
Hi QFWonabe,

You would have a mixture of on-call days, daily returns and overnights. If you were to do on-call days, you could get anything (naturally). Daily returns can variate from a simple MEL-SYD-MEL to MEL-PER-MEL or something a bit longer like MEL-SYD-BNE-SYD-MEL. The layover destinations are generally the big cities such as MEL, SYD, PER, DRW, BNE, ADL and occasionally but rarely TSV or CNS.

I hope that helps :)

QFWonabe
15th Jul 2013, 15:24
Thanks Flying Daruma ;)

Two more questions if its ok.

Is there any chance of getting an asian layover from Syd or Mel and
Are there any multi day trips i.e leave Syd or Mel and not return for 4 or more days.

Thanks in advance.

Flying Daruma
16th Jul 2013, 09:29
Hi QFWonabe,

That's fine. I'm more than happy to answer any questions. We used to have layovers in the Asian destinations in Short haul (domestic) but not anymore, although that can change at any time.

There are 4 day trips or more, although you tend to get more of them out of SYD than MEL.

QFWonabe
17th Jul 2013, 15:18
Thanks Flying Daruma

One more question

You said that there are "4 day trips or more" what is the pattern like and where is the layover.

Such a shame there are no more Asian layovers. It doesn't really seem worth while leaving Emirates, if I'm only going to be flying around Australia.

Thanks

Prettyinpink
18th Jul 2013, 15:19
Hi all. As Ickle Pickle above has asked about recruitment days, that was exactly what i was wondering. But wanted to ask if anyone recently had been contacted? For Melb Qcca? There hasn't been much talk of Assessment days or people advancing to training schools? Does anyone know if recruitment is on hold or still going ahead as applications are STILL open. I applied early May and still not a word. Good thing or Bad thing, i do not know, so hopefully a few of you have some more updated information that might help piece the puzzle.

thanks

Flying Daruma
19th Jul 2013, 08:23
QFWonabe,

Layovers can be anywhere from the select cities when it comes to Qantas Domestic. SYD, MEL, CBR, CNS, BNE, TSV, PER and DRW. The patterns can be any mixture of the above.

Jsumhun
21st Jul 2013, 02:24
Like PrettyinPink, I would also be interested if there is anyone from Sydney that has been recently contacted for an AD?

Alternatively, if there are any current staff that may have heard any rumours about any future AD's??

Someone did mention, whilst the previous AD's were taking place, that there 'may' be future AD's held in August. This apparently came from from a current QF employee, but I am not sure how much truth there was to it. It would be great if someone could clarify.

imango
25th Jul 2013, 11:43
Hi guys, I have a question about the required documents. Do I need to upload my full length photo with the application? Or it doesn't make any difference. Thanks a lot.

Jsumhun
29th Jul 2013, 23:43
That is great news Icklepickle

Can I ask you a couple of questions? When did you receive the invitation, was it only fairly recently?

and do you speak a second language?

Please come back and report on how you go after you have completed the day.

Mzc86
30th Jul 2013, 00:17
Congratulations :)

May I ask how long ago you completed the application online?

Also would anyone be able to tell me how they view the photographs you submit? Do they need to be proper professional Corporate shots or if I had say a fashion suit that is still elegant but not black & white corporate, would that hurt my chances? I am getting some photos taken in a few days but want to see if anyone was successful without professional corporate shots.

Thank you!

Picasso11
30th Jul 2013, 09:35
Hi MZc86
I just got a full length photo of me taken at home against against a white background. I had on a corporate suit and shirt. I didn't get the job but it got me to the AD, through to panel interviews and then on to ref checks (no job though :(). So, I don't think you need a professional photo.
Good luck!

QFWonabe
2nd Aug 2013, 07:05
Quick Question

If I am invited to an assessment day, can it be scheduled for a different city than where I want to be based. Basically I want to attend in Perth for either the SYD or MEL base.

Does anyone know if this is allowed or even possible?

GoldCoast1
2nd Aug 2013, 07:11
Hi,

No,:{ if you apply for Perth you will be based in Perth and then you can go on a transfer wait list...this could take a while though...

QFWonabe
2nd Aug 2013, 07:55
So do you think I can apply for SYD/MEL and ask to attend an assessment day in PER

GoldCoast1
2nd Aug 2013, 10:06
Seriously I'd say not, at an AD day you are assessed against each other and
higher ranked move forward, others cut.
From memory you need to state what base you want on the application, so if you put Sydney first they won't give you a spot in a Perth AD.

Mzc86
4th Aug 2013, 11:51
Appreciate your help :) got some new ones today against a brick wall (as I didn't have a white background available!) in a black corporate style dress.

I see they opened up applications for UK base now aswell, is anyone able to tell me if there is a big difference in pay between Australia and UK base at all? And if there is housing or are you expected to find your own in London?

Thank you again!

Flying Daruma
4th Aug 2013, 23:27
Mzc86,

If you are to apply for London base, you'll need to find your own accommodation. On top of that, London base applications are only for people who are currently living there at the moment. This means that they won't be flying you over there to help you relocate. There isn't a big difference in base pay but you will miss out on things like overtime and allowances in other ports.

blueeyecabincrew
10th Aug 2013, 04:54
Hey guys, just a quick question.

I interviewed with the Auckland base for Qantas (JetConnect) exactly 5 weeks ago. They called 1 reference about 2.5 weeks ago, but otherwise heard nothing what so ever. They said it would be a very quick response if it was a no, if it was a Yes he said 3-4 weeks. should I just stick by the old no news is good news?

Flying Daruma
10th Aug 2013, 09:07
Blueeyecabincrew,

Definitely stick with the old saying. I remember my initial application process years ago took a bit of time to process as well. Good luck and hope to see you aboard the A380 soon if you've applied for Jetconnect Long haul.

Aus380
12th Aug 2013, 04:22
There isn't a big difference in base pay but you will miss out on things like overtime and allowances in other ports.

Allowances are paid on check in (with very few exceptions) at the hotel in local currency and are exactly the same for every long haul crew member regardless of which base or which work agreement you are employed under

Flying Daruma
12th Aug 2013, 10:04
Aus380,

I think there may have been some confusion :) I know that the allowances are the same under every contract. I meant that QCCUK would miss out on allowances that you would get from flying into other ports (LAX, HKG and LHR) as they currently only fly into DXB with few trips to Australia.

brucek
14th Aug 2013, 10:13
This will be 'old hat' to most of you guys, but I've recently submitted an online application to QF for cabin crew. Typically how does the recruitment process proceed from this point forward?

Is there anything I can or should be doing to improve my chances of success?

blueeyecabincrew
17th Aug 2013, 04:07
Flying Daruma, I received a email 2 days ago from Qantas saying that my application is still "under review" and they will be in touch when they have some news. I'm going to take that positive more then anything, I can't see why they would send that if it was a no!

VBWannbe
23rd Aug 2013, 09:28
Hi, does anyone know? Do you always here back from your application either way? I applied about 2 - 3 months ago now and haven't heard anything at all, was at least hoping for something. Not sure if I should resubmit my application or just keep waiting...?

blueeyecabincrew
23rd Aug 2013, 17:36
VB Wannabee, I applied to all of the Qantas cabin crew jobs and I only heard back for the New Zealand base which I luckily got a assessment day invite to. I think they must get so many applications they just don't have time to respond to the ones that don't get through.

RedLippy
25th Aug 2013, 02:47
Hey blueeyecabincrew, you mentioned your assessment day with Jetconnect, can you tell us what the conditions are like for LH crew, I see you're also from Aus, did they touch on accommodation?

I'm ex-EK, unfortunately I'm hoping another airline besides our mates up in the Middle East will be as generous. #wishfulthinking

blueeyecabincrew
25th Aug 2013, 12:12
Hi Redlippy! Okay well as for accommodation, they said for long haul it is 6 weeks in sydney all paid for. Conditions I honestly can't remember the specifics to be honest! It was all very standard. Good amount of holiday's a year, and usual allowances when you stay away. I apologize, It was almost 2 months ago, pretty much feels like a blur now!

RedLippy
26th Aug 2013, 11:27
Thanks for that... 6 weeks as in training is done in Syd? Can you confirm what aircraft LH crew operate? A380 in particular?

sammow
26th Aug 2013, 14:11
Does anyone know when the application close date it? Also Is it uncommon to be for QCCAs to be under 21?

QueenBuzzzzz
26th Aug 2013, 22:57
Redlippy, Jetconnect crew are trained on the 747 and 380, but fly 99% on the 380. You will need to be based in NZ at your own expense. You fly to SYD or MEL and overnight then start your trip the next day. Generally you overnight in either city again at the end of the trip excepting HKG where you land in SYD and then continue to AKL.

No overtime payment.

9 days off in 4 weeks, all other days at home are standby, but when they disrupt your roster they'll give you DIL days to repay you.

Trips are generally 6-12 days and will often be AKL-SYD-HKG-MEL-LAX-SYD-AKL.

AFAIK recruitment has been completed for all bases both SH and LH for the year.

Hope this helps!

QueenBuzzzzz
27th Aug 2013, 03:22
I'm sure you'll be fine....I have no idea about future classes from previous recruitment days, I've just heard that there will be no more ADs happening this year.

They're tweaking their numbers in the next few months as all SH crew on the 380 are being forced back to SH and a lot of QAL 747 crew are opting to transfer over, so perhaps that is the cause of the delay?

Crossing my fingers for you, the wait can be a big pain!

RedLippy
30th Aug 2013, 05:09
QueenBuzzz, thank you so much for your feedback, I had no idea there were any A380 crew in NZ.

I applied for Jetconnect and was invited to two days for AD's.. Not sure if you're referring to them but there are some coming up. Unfortunately I declined to stay in Aus.

Mzc86
9th Sep 2013, 03:25
Finally received an email back from Qantas saying they no more scheduled training for 2013/2014 financial year so far. That's not very promising!

Anelise
9th Sep 2013, 04:23
Hi Mzc86,

That’s not good news at all! May I ask - had you already been interviewed by Qantas, or was this your first response from them?

I have been applying throughout the year (since Jan 13) and still haven’t heard back from them at all!

Just curious whether they are only letting people know who have already been interviewed. Sadly i have no contact & no method available to follow up my application :(

Anelise

sammow
9th Sep 2013, 15:30
Is it strange that they are still accepting expressions of intrest online then?

Mzc86
10th Sep 2013, 10:25
Hi Anelise,

I had applied a few years ago too but got no response. I tried again about 2 months ago and I was able to track down an email address by calling the HR department and they took around 3 weeks to respond. In the email they did say they have "no scheduled training sessions" for the 2013/14 financial year as yet.

cindycrawford
10th Sep 2013, 13:13
Has anyone done interview with Austrian Airline? I would like to know, how was is and was it in English or German? Thanx

TightSlot
10th Sep 2013, 14:13
Cindy. If you are so arse-achingly stupid that you can confuse Austria with Australia then the best possible advice would be to reconsider your career plans significantly.

cindycrawford
11th Sep 2013, 00:04
I believe I did not mention Australia anywhere in my post......even german- speaking airlines do interviews in English sometimes, when not in their home country, thats why Im asking.......so read properly next time and keep your outstanding geographical knowledge for yourself...

QueenBuzzzzz
11th Sep 2013, 03:45
Cindy Crawford, you asked your question in the Qantas QCCA thread. Qantas is an Australian airline, not an Austrian airline. Interviews are only ever conducted in English, the language of Australia.

Rocky181
11th Sep 2013, 04:04
Cindy may have chosen the wrong thread but her question was not wrong. Lets not gang up on people because they may have made a mistake.

QueenBuzzzzz
11th Sep 2013, 04:33
There was absolutely no malice in my reply Rocky. I was just explaining that she asked her question in the wrong thread.

Qantas recruitment can be confusing, what with QAL, QCCA, QD, Jetconnect, and London bases all performing separate recruitment.

cindycrawford
11th Sep 2013, 17:55
Yes, yes people,,,I put my post in wrong place,,,,,,was obviously asking about AUSTRIAN , nothing about Qantas, but went into wrong place :ugh:....at least Rocky got it right...

TightSlot
13th Sep 2013, 09:38
Cindy may have chosen the wrong thread but her question was not wrong.
Cindy wants to be employed as a Flight Attendant, but apparently not so much that she is prepared to actually read the contents of the thread on which she wishes to post: Having made the initial error, she then repeated it in her next post.

The simple, and regrettable fact is, that far too many potential FA applicants wander in to this forum and are simply too lazy to read the information that already exists (... I have an Emirates Open Day: What should I do? etc. etc.) or to read the Forum FAQ (... I hv posted in Txt Spk, y hv I bin banned? etc. etc.). The final category are those who probably should not be considering this particular career path in the first place - not everybody is suitable.

Moral: If you wish to be taken seriously, behave as if you are serious: If you wish to be treated as intelligent, behave with intelligence.

Now, may I suggest that you all move on before my patience is finally exhausted.

Mzc86
17th Sep 2013, 13:38
I thought this aswell, they are accepting interest and I'm sure they'll schedule something in the near future but as of my last post (and also a manager within Qantas that I have been speaking with), there is no recruitment drive apart from Ground Service crew.

sammow
2nd Oct 2013, 12:15
Would it be of any benifit getting a first aid certificate before submitting and aplication or does selecting the "I am willing to obtain a first aid certificate at my own expense" option suffice?

Also any idea on when expressions of intrest will close or is that always open.

Thanks

browni 44
3rd Oct 2013, 23:03
Why not just obtain the 1st aid certificate beforehand. 1 - It will be one less thing to worry about at the time of interview if you already have it. 2 - It's great to have for everyday life, you never know when you may need it and you might one day safe a life with your 1st aid skills.

fearny
24th Oct 2013, 08:40
Does anyone know when QCCA will be recruiting in Melbourne next?

leilajas
3rd Nov 2013, 19:11
Hi has anyone that is now in the holding pool heard anything about future ground schools? or any information about whether we will be used?

Cazrat61
6th Nov 2013, 04:53
I have heard it won't be this year - possibly Feb/march - stay positive:):)

FlightAttendant86
15th Oct 2014, 07:30
Hi All,

It's been over a year since anyone has posted! Anyone received an email or heard of anyone who has? I don't believe they will do any recruiting this year but fingers crossed for next year.

FA86✈️😃

sammow
30th Oct 2014, 13:45
Yes. Lets hope for some recruitment in 2016!:D

aueb
18th Apr 2015, 03:27
It has been a while since the last post on here.

Now that QCCA is accepting expressions of interest, would anyone in the know like to share some info about the conditions which I presume have changed since the last recruitment?

Thanks in advance!

Miss F
20th Apr 2015, 13:13
I'm sure their agreement will be on the FWC website, try there. :O

mjohng
27th Apr 2015, 01:46
Are there any current flight attendants out of MEL on the A380 that would care to share a sample roster? Thank you :)

Aus380
28th Apr 2015, 07:59
For MEL base you can typically expect to get 6 x 4 day trips per 56 day roster with usually a carry in trip beginning or end and/or some training. Trips are a mix of DXB and LAX. LAX currently signs on at 0825 and have a 38.10 slip, sign off 0805 4 days later. DXB is 2130 sign on and is a 41 hour slip sign off 2125 four days later. You have 18 days off per roster with the rest made up of A days where you are available if you owe hours for any reason. This is different from reserve, so your wont be on standby (although there is a provision for flying line holders to be given a standby duty - have not heard of it happening though) Transport in the form of taxis is provided to and from the airport for these trips due to them being long range sectors. There is a boundary for transport of course. There have been on occasion LHR trips, although these have not been seen for a while. In the past the LHR trips have been 7 days. On reserve you could be called out to cover SYD flying which might include HKG, DFW or DXB/LA trips. I'll leave it for so,even else to offer info about SYD flying.

In short, you can expect to work 24 to 28 days out of 56. There is a great mechanism for swapping trips including a private Facebook page for advertising trip swap requests and this is easily managed through CIS. From next roster there will also be a live open time system where crew can see availability of vacancy on upcoming trips and potentially offer to swap onto these. This of course will be dependant on operational resources.

mjohng
28th Apr 2015, 09:00
Thanks so much for that Aus380.

Also just wondering how long the initial training goes for, what the rough hours are (i.e. 9am to 5pm?) and whether it's based in Melbourne?

Aus380
29th Apr 2015, 04:57
This is only a best guess, but I would say 2 weeks of service and 2 weeks of EP's. Also a guess but I would say service training would be in Sydney and EP's in Melbourne but possible both in either MEL or SYD as the facilities exist. If employed into the MEL base, I would imagine any training conducted in SYD for MEL based crew would offer hotel, transport, flights and allowances under the applicable award the new crew member is employed.

Training hours are generally 9 to 5 ish (could start earlier or later but generally 8 hour days) although sometimes with earlier starts for EP training due to availability of facilities along side recurrent EP training days.

Rereading my last post, it should have said three days later for those trips.

sammow
2nd May 2015, 14:50
Do QCCA fly anything other than A380? If not surely they must be running out of Legacy crew to staff all other international legs?

PlaneSilly
3rd May 2015, 03:52
Hi, I noticed the Qantas careers website is accepting "expressions of Interest" in QCCA Flight Attendant positions for SYD & MLB bases. Does anyone know the timeframe on this recruitment? I have updated my details with Qantas and hope something might be on the way soon. Just curious to know if something is planned for the next few weeks/months? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

mjohng
3rd May 2015, 05:42
Hi, I noticed the Qantas careers website is accepting "expressions of Interest" in QCCA Flight Attendant positions for SYD & MLB bases. Does anyone know the timeframe on this recruitment? I have updated my details with Qantas and hope something might be on the way soon. Just curious to know if something is planned for the next few weeks/months? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

I heard that the Melbourne base will be starting mid year... but not sure if that meant the interviews would be starting then or the actual jobs

Jackbr
3rd May 2015, 07:07
I've submitted my application, except my Senior First Aid expired in March. I'll be booking in a course to bring this up to date. Is this likely to play against me severely in recruitment?

aueb
3rd May 2015, 11:44
Jackbr,

You shouldn't worry too much about the First Aid certificate. It is going to be awhile before they even schedule assessment day. The first step is an online video interview. They will have the assessment day for the shortlisted candidates after they go through the videos. In the unlikely event they have assessment day very soon on the website it says to bring on the day: Original and photo copy of your First Aid Certificate (if you already have this)

Jackbr
3rd May 2015, 11:53
I've never heard of Qantas doing online video interviews before, though it does seem an efficient way to screen candidates.

aueb
3rd May 2015, 14:29
I haven't heard them use the online video interviews either. However it seems this recruitment will be the first to utilize this format.
A few days after they started accepting EOI (which was on April 17) they overhauled the 'Flight Attendants' part of the careers website where the online video interview is stated as the first step. It is widely used by airlines in the States.

PlaneSilly
4th May 2015, 11:31
From the QF website:

Recruitment Process
If your online application is shortlisted you will be invited to participate in an online video interview experience which is a new and innovative tool we are using as part of the comprehensive recruitment process.

Once you have successfully completed the Online Video Interview you are invited to attend the Qantas International recruitment day, this is your chance to demonstrate what you can contribute to Qantas International.

Aus380
5th May 2015, 03:32
My advice would be to schedule your First Aid course ASAP. Don't miss out because you don't have all the paperwork you need. if you are not able to schedule a first aid course in the next few weeks, make sure you have a copy of the booking for the following few weeks or risk having your application rejected based on not having the required courses.

aueb
6th May 2015, 08:35
They have started sending out invitations to video interview.

Good luck to all.

jetsolo
6th May 2015, 08:54
Have many people received their interviews?

callu_189
6th May 2015, 11:07
I haven't heard anything yet. Still no email.

FURTA123
6th May 2015, 11:57
Anyone done the video interview yet?

FURTA123
6th May 2015, 12:01
Do you know if you must pass on the video interview to attend the recruitment day, please? Thanks

mjohng
6th May 2015, 21:26
Those who have received video interviews, are you MEL or SYD base?

aueb
6th May 2015, 23:19
I am for SYD base.

FURTA123
7th May 2015, 00:35
MEL & SYD getting video interview

jetsolo
7th May 2015, 01:15
Has anybody completed the video interviews yet? What does it entail?

sydneysider
7th May 2015, 04:14
Has anyone been able to book a slot at the assesment day on the 13th yet?

aueb
7th May 2015, 10:33
Emails to book a slot are out.

mjohng
7th May 2015, 10:42
aueb - do you think emails have been sent for both MEL and SYD applicants?

imango
7th May 2015, 11:17
hopefully i will receive an email soon. :rolleyes:

rrabbits
7th May 2015, 12:13
I just booked my assessment centre time for Wednesday 13th for the afternoon slot.

aueb
7th May 2015, 12:45
mjohng,

I do not know if they have sent emails for MEL.

mjohng
8th May 2015, 10:08
rrabbits - what were the options for session times? I'm trying to plan for the 19 May session in MEL but no idea what the times are yet. Thanks :)

imango
8th May 2015, 11:27
mjohng

have you received the email from qantas? i didn't. :ugh:

mjohng
8th May 2015, 11:28
hang in there imango - they could be doing them in phases

imango
8th May 2015, 11:33
i hope so. anyway, good luck with your assessment day. :ok:

rrabbits
8th May 2015, 23:14
I am attending the Sydney session. Times available were 0830 or 1230 :O

jetsolo
9th May 2015, 00:18
Best of luck to all of those who are attending the assessment days! For those of us still dreaming, keep trying!

VH-VOZ
9th May 2015, 01:41
Wednesday the 13th is the only assessment day for Sydney. There were more invitations for the video interview sent out than there were actual spots for the assessment day. I think they should've weeded out people who weren't successful for the video interview before allowing everyone to apply for an assessment day session, but I understand they're short staffed and pressed for time.

Everyone else will have their application kept on file for 12 months.

PlaneSilly
9th May 2015, 05:41
Does this mean there won't be anymore invitations for interviews or assessment days sent out? That the process is now closed?

mjohng
10th May 2015, 00:05
Does anyone know the format for the assessment day? If we choose the morning time slot, would the panel interview also be in the morning or would it be at a later time?

aueb
10th May 2015, 02:07
From my understanding there will be no interview. It is not mentioned in the emails they sent out:

'The day will consist a warm welcome and collection of the below paperwork followed by fun and interactive group activities and an overview of QF Cabin Crew Australia and your journey to become International Cabin Crew.'

I assume they'll make their decisions based on the video interview and assessment day performance.

But then again I could be wrong.

747girl
10th May 2015, 14:16
Hi.. I was working away at the time the email came in for the webcam interview. I wasn't able to complete this part of the process in time so do you think I will be able to be put in a hold situation until the next round of interviews? Any thoughts on this would be great.. Thanksxx

mjohng
10th May 2015, 22:46
Hi.. I was working away at the time the email came in for the webcam interview. I wasn't able to complete this part of the process in time so do you think I will be able to be put in a hold situation until the next round of interviews? Any thoughts on this would be great.. Thanksxx

The email I received said if you were unable to complete the video interview and attend the assessment day your application would be placed on hold.

jetsolo
10th May 2015, 22:59
How long from the time you receive the e-mail do you have to complete the video interview? I knew they wouldn't give forever but it sounds like it's a matter of hours only?

mjohng
10th May 2015, 23:01
How long from the time you receive the e-mail do you have to complete the video interview? I knew they wouldn't give forever but it sounds like it's a matter of hours only?

Received email Friday and given until Tuesday to complete

airbornesyd
10th May 2015, 23:06
Hi All,

So it seems that slots to book the assessment day is few and far between. As soon as I received the invite last week, I went online and no spots were available! I'm curious to see if they will open up more days so we can apply. Can anyone confirm that the QCCA positions are in fact casual or perm??

Also, I haven't heard of other airlines doing video interviews, perhaps this is a first?

good luck all xx

jetsolo
10th May 2015, 23:13
Thanks Mjohng! That amount of time sounds more than reasonable. From the one post I thought it was a matter of hours! best of luck to you! :D:D

KatVo
11th May 2015, 09:00
Hello everyone, best of luck to you all.
I completed my online interview yesterday, and this afternoon received an invitation to attend the assessment seminar for Melbourne next Tuesday. I tried to book a time slot in but it didn't show anything so I first thought I had missed out, as the spots are quite limited. I tried logging in again but no luck. I decided to give it one more go, but this time I logged on using a computer(not my phone), and there were two time slots available. I hope this helps, and look forward to meeting those in Melbourne next week! :)

747girl
11th May 2015, 11:21
Thanks mjohng.. maybe I didn't read the emails properly, anyway, I wouldn't have been able to log in for an attendance interview as there seems to be no slots available. Received an email just this morning to say I would be put in a hold situation. Thanks again!xx

mjohng
11th May 2015, 11:25
Thanks mjohng.. maybe I didn't read the emails properly, anyway, I wouldn't have been able to log in for an attendance interview as there seems to be no slots available. Received an email just this morning to say I would be put in a hold situation. Thanks again!xx

Fingers crossed there's another round for you soon :)

aueb
11th May 2015, 12:31
Good luck to all on Wednesday.

See you there.

Taylor67
12th May 2015, 19:55
Hello

Does anyone know if you can reapply :rolleyes:to QF domestic in 6 months or 12 months :confused:

mjohng
12th May 2015, 21:48
Best of luck to those attending assessment in SYD today :)

leilajas
13th May 2015, 04:00
Just wondering if anyone attended this morning for Sydney, what was the procedure for the day?

mjohng
13th May 2015, 07:29
I would also love to know what the day involved. Was there a panel interview? And was there any indication of start dates?

aueb
13th May 2015, 07:38
No interview. They will short list people after the assessment day and then watch their videos followed by another short listing.

The day included:
Registration
Activities
QCCA presentation

Ground school around July/August

mjohng
13th May 2015, 08:51
Thanks aueb

KatVo
13th May 2015, 10:10
No interview. They will short list people after the assessment day and then watch their videos followed by another short listing.

The day included:
Registration
Activities
QCCA presentation

Ground school around July/August

Hi aueb,
Was there any indication of how long until you are notified of the outcome?
And how long does ground school go for/is it A380 training only or do we train for other aircraft as well?
Many many thanks in advance, and good luck with your outcome! :)

747girl
13th May 2015, 11:35
Hi aueb

Could you possibly tell me what kind of salary I should expect?.. would be interesting to know. I wasn't able to book an appointment in time but I wish you all the luck in the world. xx

aueb
13th May 2015, 23:05
KatVo, outcome will be known in a couple of days. Endorsed only on A380. Ground school around 6 weeks.

747girl, base pay in the $40s

mjohng
13th May 2015, 23:06
Goodluck aueb! Thanks for all of the info. Let us know how you go.

aueb
14th May 2015, 06:52
Well...I'm out. However life goes on.

Hope the rest of you get the other email.

mjohng
14th May 2015, 09:24
Well...I'm out. However life goes on.

Hope the rest of you get the other email.

Sorry to hear aueb.

leilajas
15th May 2015, 01:15
Sorry to hear of your bad news:(. Is that definitely the end of the recruitment process? Or are we on a hold for now?

sydneysider
15th May 2015, 06:51
They are checking references now...

mjohng
15th May 2015, 06:52
Fingers crossed for you!

747girl
17th May 2015, 14:06
aueb.. Sorry to hear that, maybe next time but disappointing all the same. Good luck with your future ventures what ever they may be. xx

aueb
19th May 2015, 04:38
Thanks.

All the best to those doing the MEL assessment today.

jobee
21st May 2015, 06:25
Has anyone heard anything back from either Sydney or Melbourne assessment days?

mjohng
21st May 2015, 08:17
No nothing from Melbourne yet... they said Friday or Monday

tsmb
21st May 2015, 08:50
Anybody at reference check stages yet?

emily92
22nd May 2015, 06:58
Has anybody got an emails from qantas yet, either good or bad news ?

mjohng
22nd May 2015, 07:14
Has anybody got an emails from qantas yet, either good or bad news ?

Not yet. Looks like it won't be today now

jobee
23rd May 2015, 02:31
Girlfriend of mine got an email Friday afternoon to say she was progressing to reference checks.
I'm an internal applicant (already employed by QF group) We were told we'd heat early next month if we've progressed.

mjohng
23rd May 2015, 07:18
Girlfriend of mine got an email Friday afternoon to say she was progressing to reference checks.
I'm an internal applicant (already employed by QF group) Haven't heard anything from recruitment but my boss was sent a list of internal applicants needing reference checks next week.

Was your friend internal also?

jobee
23rd May 2015, 08:38
No she went down for the recruitment day at the start of the week :)

jetsolo
24th May 2015, 01:19
I would say she is external according to the post. But maybe might depend on where she applied for? Sydney was done a week earlier than Melbourne for example. Fingers are crossed for all of you!

747girl
7th Jun 2015, 13:46
Has anyone heard if they are successful or not from the Sydney AD's - would be interesting to know. Good luck and keeping my fingers crossed for you all.. X

sydneysider
12th Jun 2015, 23:19
Is anyone else still waiting to hear from the Sydney assessment day? I know my references have been checked but I haven't heard anything since ...

sammow
10th Aug 2015, 01:49
I got invited to an assesment day on the 13th of August for SYD base! I was a little surprised because I thought recruitment had been completed a few months back?

Did anyone else get an invite for this day?

Is there a rough estimate fo how long it takes from the AD to Ground school if you are sucessful?

PlaneSilly
10th Aug 2015, 04:09
Hi Sammow,

Had you already had the online interview and received a positive reply to your application?

Just wondering where I'm at in the process compared to others..

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Plane Silly

airbornesyd
10th Aug 2015, 04:39
Yes! Me too (exciting!!) - though, i think given the little to no spots available in June, they had to open up to another round. Seems like more spots avail this time around :)

I'm a bit hesitant because i believe the base pay is $40k??

sammow
10th Aug 2015, 05:31
PlaneSilly, I never got an invite to an Asessment day in the first round. This is the first contact I have had from Qantas since I lodged my application at the end of June.

Does and application for SYD base require a move to Sydney? I am located in BNE... could I just fly down?

PlaneSilly
10th Aug 2015, 06:22
I suppose you could commute sammow but keep in mind the current work arrangement will keep you pretty busy. You will be working a fair bit. I think it would add a lot of stress to your life. You'd probably have times where you'd have to fly down to Sydney a day before to ensure you make the flight you are working on.

Aus380
13th Aug 2015, 07:48
Sammow, as you will be employed to operate on and would only be endorsed on the A380 (at the moment, and while I'm not starting a rumour, this could change one day) commuting to SYD would be fairly straight forward. Given the current flying schedule of the A380 ex Sydney, there would be no need to overnight either before or after a trip, unless in exceptional circumstances. If MEL based then yes you would need to arrive in MEL the night before the LA departure and stay the night the DXB arrives. You do need to consider reserve. A 56 day roster where you will be on standby and required to be in SYD on your standby days. Also, my understanding is that staff travel will not kick in until after your probation is up (6 months). I commuted for years. Feel free to PM if you have any questions and good luck.

mayo88
13th Aug 2015, 10:37
Got a QCCA in perth coming up in 1 week. How many people do they usually have in these group assessments? I find I always get to the Online video interview, maybe because i have a RSA and First Aid? Not sure they read my resume or cover letter?

JimmyJj
19th Aug 2015, 04:52
I got invited to an assesment day on the 13th of August for SYD base! I was a little surprised because I thought recruitment had been completed a few months back?

Did anyone else get an invite for this day?

Is there a rough estimate fo how long it takes from the AD to Ground school if you are sucessful?

Any news Sammow?

flygirl2014
2nd Sep 2015, 05:54
Hi....does anyone know how long from reference check stage it takes to hear if you're successful? And do they call you? Or email?
Would love to know.
Also if anyone has been successful recently?

Thanks😊

calruso
19th Sep 2015, 22:54
Hi peeps,
Has anyone heard whether they have been successful or not from the recent recruitment drive, the assessment day in Melbourne was in mud August.:ugh:

JimmyJj
21st Sep 2015, 01:26
I have friends that have been through the medical etc in Syd, but no official offer yet. Think they may be waiting for security checks to be completed.

calruso
26th Sep 2015, 12:10
I got my golden call on Friday!!! :O so excited, but there's more hurdles - X-rays and visa to obtain - it's never ending. Haha

JimmyJj
28th Sep 2015, 02:12
I got my golden call on Friday!!! :O so excited, but there's more hurdles - X-rays and visa to obtain - it's never ending. Haha

Congratulations !! 🎉

jaycintay
29th Sep 2015, 13:04
Hi Guys !
I've got an assessment centre this week for Qantas check in, I was hoping that someone would be able to give me a bit of info on what the group activity they did involved and whether the cabin crew interview was a panel or one on one? Hopefully ground crew will have the same process!
Thanks x

rayair111
31st Oct 2015, 01:01
hello
any tips for the video interview i have one soon please
many thanks

PlaneSilly
15th Nov 2015, 02:49
Hi, I notice there is a current recruitment drive for QFCCA.

Is it mandatory to wait the full 12 months if you have applied for a cabin crew position previously?

I'd really appreciate any feedback!

Thanks & Kind Regards,

PlaneSilly

moonie
21st Nov 2015, 18:27
Hi everyone! I have applied for QCCA again and am waiting for a response. Does anyone know what a typical roster looks like for a QCCA employee out of BNE?
Thanks! Keep smiling!!! 😀😀

blance94
23rd Nov 2015, 03:56
Any chance anyone could please send me an example of a SYD or BNE QCCA roster please? Or anyone have any idea what the work is like?

aussie2011
26th Nov 2015, 23:22
Hi there, has anyone heard back after applying?

Ccagirl
27th Nov 2015, 03:39
Yes, I heard back on Wednesday. I applied for Brisbane and received an invitation for AD next Monday 30/11. Also got my video interview email which has to be done by tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it. :{

Pink100
27th Nov 2015, 04:03
Applied for current QCCA position and received a email to go through next stage and book a session. The session is already full so I am hopeful that there will be another one in Brisbane. I know two applicants that are attending Monday 30 th Nov 15 . Anyone know anymore information or is in the same position?

moonie
27th Nov 2015, 08:24
Hi Aussie!
I did my video this afternoon and have my assessment day on Monday in Brisbane. Last time I applied there was a panel interview for some people in the afternoon of the assessment day. Does anyone know if the online video replaces the panel interview? Have a great weekend!!! 😀😀

FURTA123
27th Nov 2015, 10:35
Hey Moonei, what are the questions like please?

floral23
27th Nov 2015, 18:38
Hi Everyone,

I have a friend that is currently cabin crew for Qantas and advised they are currently looking for 19 international cabin crew for Brisbane Base only.

Sucks if your Mel or Syd, even though it was listed not he application, they arnt looking for you unless you are willing to move.

Good luck everyone :)

moonie
27th Nov 2015, 22:41
Does anybody have any detailed information about the group activities in the AD?

Mn64
28th Nov 2015, 02:53
Has anyone who has applied for Sydney base had a response? Spent a good few hours on the application, so I can only hope they have *some* plan for Sydney base

flitegirl
28th Nov 2015, 05:23
The group activities are changed for each assessment seminar.
Floral23 your information from your friend is incorrect.

aussie2011
28th Nov 2015, 10:48
Well done on getting to the next level! I only put my application through on the 25th, so I think I may have missed out.

Re: Melbourne/Sydney bases: I think that info might be incorrect - my friend got an invite to the Melbourne base.

Mn64
28th Nov 2015, 20:26
I submitted my application on the 25th and got an email invitation for a video interview Saturday morning. I'm not sure what to expect in this video interview - any pointers, tips from those who have done it already? Thank you!

Which base did you apply for?

aussie2011
29th Nov 2015, 05:28
All the best for it! When is the assessment date for P's cousin?

Mn64
29th Nov 2015, 23:39
Good luck to all those who have been invited to an open day! Anyone have any idea about what the roster is (generally) like? And which aircraft they are usually trained for?

BondiLoz
30th Nov 2015, 00:15
Hi guys!

I'm so glad to have finally discovered this site and forum and interact with other prospective cabin crew members

I recently applied for SYD base cabin crew and received the invitation for video interview and Assessment day within 12 hours.

I did the video interview straight away, but when I tried to book a time slot for the assessment day, nothing was coming up after the log in screen - It simply said to check back and see when more time slots became available. I didn't see the email for 12 hours after they sent it, so maybe all the spots did fill up, but I received the invitation emails before applications closed, so I am hoping maybe they're waiting to process everyone before opening all the time slots up?

Feeling a bit disheartened to think I may have missed out on a time slot :( I have been checking back every hour since I got the email, and nothing has come up. I've tried on PC and mobile... still nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem?

floral23
30th Nov 2015, 02:15
Sorry! I did have it wrong!!
hopefully I have it right this time, I was told they are looking for 90 QCCA staff for Brisbane! That's awesome for those who have applied for that base :) Fingers crossed for all of you! and good luck!!

Anyone heard anything back for Syd or Mel?

marzb
30th Nov 2015, 02:52
Hey guys
I'm applying for MEL and I have done the video interview. I got the second email to book in for the assessment day but all I get is "You can schedule an appointment for the following invitation(s) once timeslots become available. Please check back regularly for available timeslots." Is anyone else getting this? i check everyday and its the same I wish I could contact someone from qantas about this?

Mn64
30th Nov 2015, 17:12
Oh no :( hopefully something comes up. When did you submit your application?

marzb
30th Nov 2015, 20:09
I applied on the 17th and I got the invite on the 25th in the afternoon. I tried to apply that night but nothing came up

BondiLoz
30th Nov 2015, 22:45
Hi Marzb, I posted earlier on this thread (page 12), I am having the same issue booking for the assessment day :(

I received the video invite and assessment day invite at the same time, have been checking it constantly and I always get the same message as you.

How long after receiving the email did you try to book Marzb? I didn't notice the email until 12 hours after I had received it (this was prior to applications closing).

One time I logged in and it had BRIS, SYD, MELB in red writing and you could click one... but nothing happened. No calendar or time came up and there was no option of "next" or "save" to progress with a booking. When I refreshed the page, it disappeared and reverted back to the previous message you're also receiving.

I wish there was someone we could contact about this :( The Sydney one is less than a week away! :confused:

marzb
30th Nov 2015, 23:57
i tried to book in later that night when i received that email. so it was about 6 hours later when i got that email

BondiLoz
1st Dec 2015, 00:17
Surely they couldn't have filled up in that 6 hours?

I am booking for Sydney, but I think a 12 hour window may have been too big and I missed out.

It doesn't make sense to me that they would send these invites out prior to applications closing. It's unfair to people who applied in the last few hours, as the spots seem to have been taken by 23.59 that Wednesday.

ellebeachbum
1st Dec 2015, 02:38
Hi all :)

I was fortunate enough to receive an email with the video interview link and then another with an invitation to the AD for Sydney one after the other.. As soon as I received this I was able to book in a spot. I am just wondering though does this mean I still need to complete the video interview also? The email states that it is dependent on the video interview if I receive an invitation to the AD but seeing as I already have one? Abit confused...

floral23
1st Dec 2015, 02:52
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if this is the normal process.
Do you receive the 'conformation' email before you receive anything else?
I got one last Saturday "Qantas Group: Acknowledgement - We received your resume" but nothing else. Is this right? The waiting is killing me!

P's cousin
1st Dec 2015, 11:00
Hi guys
I'm not sure what happened to my post.. anyway I read somewhere that the link doesn't work from smartphones. Did you try from PC, different browsers etc?

FlyingHigh432
2nd Dec 2015, 02:09
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone attended the recent Brisbane assessment day? (30/11/15) I have an assessment day in Sydney coming up and I am just wondering what the day entails? I have heard there is no one on one interview is this correct?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks.

Mn64
2nd Dec 2015, 19:26
What date is the Sydney assessment day?