PDA

View Full Version : Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

debbieitaly
18th May 2017, 02:48
Hello lovely people 😁,

I just received golden call today !! 🎉I applied for Syd base in May 2016. I waited roughly 6 months between my reference check stage and Asic. Soon after my asic got approved , things moved a bit quicker and it was approx 1 week to get to medical and then the wonderful call. I am really happy and grateful to start the nEw chapter and also got to make some amazing friends from this forum ( you know who you are !!!) You are all lovely ladies . Start date is 28th June . Anyone got the same start date ? Syd base ? Feel free to send me a message

Good luck to everyone who applied in April , waiting is to be expected and/or being put on hold for months . It can be frustrating and daunting at times so The key is to keep busy and be patient and positive . The rest is just luck and your timing . And If you can make any friends from here that is a bonus . ❤️

Dream high !

This forum has been really helpful.
Woohoo, that is awesome! Congratulations ❤️ you must be ecstatic :-)

debbieitaly
18th May 2017, 03:08
Hi everyone hope you are all well :-)

I'm just wondering if any other externals who have completed the video interview, were then requested to complete an online psychometric assessment? I haven't heard anything back after doing the assessment a few weeks ago, so i'm thinking they are possibly getting us all to the same stage following closure of the video interviews, before progressing us further. Fingers crossed that's the case :-)

Much positive and happy vibes to everyone. I feel like we are one big family here, love reading the posts every night ❤️❤️❤️

crewflyer
18th May 2017, 03:27
Hi everyone hope you are all well :-)

I'm just wondering if any other externals who have completed the video interview, were then requested to complete an online psychometric assessment? I haven't heard anything back after doing the assessment a few weeks ago, so i'm thinking they are possibly getting us all to the same stage following closure of the video interviews, before progressing us further. Fingers crossed that's the case :-)

Much positive and happy vibes to everyone. I feel like we are one big family here, love reading the posts every night ❤️❤️❤️

I don't believe that the internal applicants would require to complete the online psychometric assessment as we already work for the brand as cabin crew. Would be silly if we did. Haven't received any update since submitting my video interview as an internal applicant.

Rapscalion
18th May 2017, 05:13
Debbieitaly, I applied externally with the most recent job posting, did the video interview a few weeks ago and just today got the email to do the online quiz/ assessment. Hopefully they are starting to go through all the video interviews now and everyone will hear something soon.

Flyinghigh10
18th May 2017, 05:33
Debbieitaly, I applied externally with the most recent job posting, did the video interview a few weeks ago and just today got the email to do the online quiz/ assessment. Hopefully they are starting to go through all the video interviews now and everyone will hear something soon.

For externals, video interviews aren't watched until after assessment days depending if you pass or not

littleturtle
18th May 2017, 05:50
For externals, video interviews aren't watched until after assessment days depending if you pass or not

So that means everyone who has been invited to online assessment should be also invited to the assessment day too?

Goggle
18th May 2017, 07:05

Flying high 10. Are you aware of when internals may get a response. I hope this week lol

debbieitaly
18th May 2017, 08:59
Oh ok thats interesting, how did you find that information out?

Flyinghigh10
18th May 2017, 10:55
So that means everyone who has been invited to online assessment should be also invited to the assessment day too?

If you pass the online assessment!

No idea about internals, sorry

littleturtle
19th May 2017, 00:07
If you pass the online assessment!

No idea about internals, sorry

What's the guideline for online assessment? Those questions don't really have a right or wrong answer...

Goggle
19th May 2017, 02:36
Did all internals and externals get offered a video assessment

Ketch
19th May 2017, 20:26
Hey there QF team.
I'm BA crew moving home to Aus in August and looking to keep going with QF - but looks like I may have just missed an intake opportunity... Is there likely to be more recruitment for International Crew this year?
Also - how many A/C do you get licenced on as International crew?
And Finally - the Water Competency bit - I know every airline does it differently - but is the QF one done completely in your life jacket or partially life jacket off?

Sorry for all the questions.

Regards,

Ketch

Rapscalion
20th May 2017, 09:10
Just wanted to add to the conversation here, I know of at least 1 person who applied with the most recent job posting, got invited to do and completed the video interview, and has now received a rejection letter and not an invitation to complete the online test.
As much as there is a lot of great information on here, unless you work in the current recruitment department, I don't think we should all be considering everything we read here as fact with regard to how the current recruitment process is going to work.
I don't mean in any way to criticize anyone on hear and certainly do appreciate the input from all sides.

littleturtle
20th May 2017, 12:21
Hey there QF team.
I'm BA crew moving home to Aus in August and looking to keep going with QF - but looks like I may have just missed an intake opportunity... Is there likely to be more recruitment for International Crew this year?
Also - how many A/C do you get licenced on as International crew?
And Finally - the Water Competency bit - I know every airline does it differently - but is the QF one done completely in your life jacket or partially life jacket off?

Sorry for all the questions.

Regards,

Ketch

I think there wont be another one this year. but thats just my opinion i might be wrong. with jobs like this is so random I guess you just need to keep checking their webpage and see when they have new application open. I believe they usually do once a year. Not 100% sure.

Flyinghigh10
20th May 2017, 12:29
Just wanted to add to the conversation here, I know of at least 1 person who applied with the most recent job posting, got invited to do and completed the video interview, and has now received a rejection letter and not an invitation to complete the online test.
As much as there is a lot of great information on here, unless you work in the current recruitment department, I don't think we should all be considering everything we read here as fact with regard to how the current recruitment process is going to work.
I don't mean in any way to criticize anyone on hear and certainly do appreciate the input from all sides.

After assessment day, asseors sit around the table and say okay number 6 what we think of them, and the people who were watching you discuss why or why not you should be put forward.
After they cut it down to a smaller list, they watch they videos, discuss again.
Then agree on a list of whom to contact references from.

That's the current way.

Goggle
20th May 2017, 13:15
After assessment day, asseors sit around the table and say okay number 6 what we think of them, and the people who were watching you discuss why or why not you should be put forward.
After they cut it down to a smaller list, they watch they videos, discuss again.
Then agree on a list of whom to contact references from.

That's the current way.

Have any internals been rejected

Goggle
20th May 2017, 13:16

Im geussingthat was an external rejection

Rapscalion
20th May 2017, 21:21
Im geussingthat was an external rejection

It was external. The only point I was making is that it goes against what is being said here. There is a disconnect somewhere here between what people know and what is happening.
Either way, no big deal. Best of luck to everyone who is waiting.

Watto22
21st May 2017, 03:00
Hi Everyone,
Without getting my source into too much hot water I can confirm the following for EXTERNAL APPLICANTS.

The recruitment process for the current April 2017 external applicants is VERY DIFFERENT TO THE PREVIOUS PROCESS IN 2015/2016.

I can confirm the following:
ALL Hire Vue online interviews are viewed as they come in ie. NOW
After the talent/recruitment team assess these interviews ONLY SUCCESSFUL candidates will be sent an online Hogan assessment.
Again, after these assessments have been viewed, successful candidates will be sent an invitation to attend an assessment day.
These invitations have not been sent out yet.

Good luck to all applicants and those about to start in the May and June ground schools. I believe there are also ones scheduled for July.

Flyinghigh10
21st May 2017, 05:09
Have any internals been rejected

I know of a few

EX_EK25
21st May 2017, 10:17
Hi Everyone,
Without getting my source into too much hot water I can confirm the following for EXTERNAL APPLICANTS.

The recruitment process for the current April 2017 external applicants is VERY DIFFERENT TO THE PREVIOUS PROCESS IN 2015/2016.

After the talent/recruitment team assess these interviews ONLY SUCCESSFUL candidates will be sent an online Hogan assessment.
Again, after these assessments have been viewed, successful candidates will be sent an invitation to attend an assessment day.

Good luck to all applicants and those about to start in the May and June ground schools. I believe there are also ones scheduled for July.
Do you know if there is more ground schools scheduled after July?

Thanks for the information as well! :)

Goggle
21st May 2017, 14:37
I know of a few

Thanks for the update

Goggle
21st May 2017, 14:38
Hi Everyone,

Wow. What about internals

Goggle
21st May 2017, 14:41
Do you know if there is more ground schools scheduled after July?

Thanks for the information as well! :)

On an earlier post someone mentioned current a380 crew start conversion to 787 in july. So maybe

Kadara
21st May 2017, 22:35
Hi Everyone,

After reading through this entire thread, of what has been the current timeline for emails sent out and other recruitment activities doesn't really match up with previous years, so I'm very inclined to say your hypothesis is correct at this stage. I also know of an external applicant who was unfortunately rejected a day after completing his video interview, which also suggests they are now watching them in advance.

But to my knowledge, in previous years they would watch video interviews after the assessment day.

Lastly, has anyone progressed beyond the psychometric assessment yet?

alex.s
22nd May 2017, 01:13
2 different contracts. Mainline qf operate a330 and 747 and qcca 787 and a380. Not sure bout any recruitment soon. Its sporadic. I think water drill is overalls and life jacket fully fitted. Goodluck

2 different fleets, not contracts for new hires. All new crew is QCCA and then they're given a fleet. You may be getting confused by QAL but no one is hired as a QAL anymore.

littleturtle
22nd May 2017, 01:51
Interview invite MLB based :) anyone else?

Apparently you need swimming certificate, which I don't have and I have to get a lifeaguard certified that I can swim and tread in water.
Anyone else same boat?

crewflyer
22nd May 2017, 02:21

Apparently you need swimming certificate, which I don't have and I have to get a lifeaguard certified that I can swim and tread in water.
Anyone else same boat?

The water competency form QF will email you. Make an appointment with your local pool so a qualified lifeguard can assess/watch you while you demonstrate that you can swim 50m and tread water for 3 mins non stop.

Cavelle
22nd May 2017, 02:22

Anyone else same boat?

Hey Littleturtle,
I just got the assessment day invite as well! How exciting. I booked in for the 9am on the 1st, how about yourself?

Does anyone have any tips for the day?

misswings79
22nd May 2017, 02:25
I did my online interview and the psychometric test but still haven't heard anything. Really hope to hear something today :(

littleturtle
22nd May 2017, 04:17
The water competency form QF will email you. Make an appointment with your local pool so a qualified lifeguard can assess/watch you while you demonstrate that you can swim 50m and tread water for 3 mins non stop.

Yea I got the email now. Gotta see if I can tread in water for 3 mins now. Thanks crewflyer :D

Any tips for the assessment day?

angel14
22nd May 2017, 06:15
The recruitment process has changed 12mths ago I had AD day then they looked at video this time I did video straight after application. Anyway once again I didn't get through so I obviously have a problem with video not sure what I am doing wrong. I have 4 years exp working for Etihad and am currently flying at the moment. I have done videos before so I don't know where I went wrong with Qantas but twice now. Any suggestions welcomed.. Also email didn't say I had to wait 12mths does anyone know does this mean I can't apply again?? Thanks for any help and Good Luck to those who are progressing or still waiting.

Mn64
22nd May 2017, 12:28
Does anyone know how much spare time there is during Ground school, for other life things like exercising, catching up with nearest and dearest etc.?

Ketch
22nd May 2017, 13:16
2 different contracts. Mainline qf operate a330 and 747 and qcca 787 and a380. Not sure bout any recruitment soon. Its sporadic. I think water drill is overalls and life jacket fully fitted. Goodluck

Thanks Goggle.
Shame about the 2 fleets. I'm currently 747 and 787 trained. But would love the 380.
:)

littleturtle
22nd May 2017, 13:22
Hey Littleturtle,
I just got the assessment day invite as well! How exciting. I booked in for the 9am on the 1st, how about yourself?

Does anyone have any tips for the day?

Oh hey, well done. And yea I booked the same time. Not sure how may people are attending.
Gotta organise my swimming stuff now.

cb21
22nd May 2017, 13:33
Did my video interview on may 5th but havent heard anything from qantas since. No hogan assesment email and no rejection email yet. I checked workday and my application says in progress.

Congratulations to those that have booked AD!

Kenneth21
22nd May 2017, 15:14
My friend and I (both flyers) received an interview invitation and are attending the 9am session. Exciting times! Good luck to everyone yet to hear!

debbieitaly
23rd May 2017, 02:37
Just curious if anyone who applied for Sydney based in April has received an invitation to Assessment Day yet? Positive vibes to everyone still waiting :)

Watto22
23rd May 2017, 03:39
It is my understanding that SYD assessment day invites have not begun to be sent out yet.

All the best to everyone attending in MEL next week.

Kadara
23rd May 2017, 05:07
Just curious if anyone who applied for Sydney based in April has received an invitation to Assessment Day yet? Positive vibes to everyone still waiting :)

External SYD base applicant with currently flying experience here. :)

I haven't heard anything back after completing the psychometric assessment. Can anyone else confirm the assessment day invites sent out have been for MEL base applicants?

Flyj23
23rd May 2017, 05:41
Hey,
Is anyone else from Melbourne who applied in 2016 still on active hold? I was sent security link a few weeks ago but have not heard anything further since. Anyone else in the same boat or able to shed some light?

littleturtle
23rd May 2017, 05:57
External SYD base applicant with currently flying experience here. :)

I haven't heard anything back after completing the psychometric assessment. Can anyone else confirm the assessment day invites sent out have been for MEL base applicants?

External here Melb based already received invitation for AD.

debbieitaly
23rd May 2017, 08:01
It is my understanding that SYD assessment day invites have not begun to be sent out yet.

All the best to everyone attending in MEL next week.
Thank you for that :-) Lets hope we'll hear something soon. Just out of curiosity, when is the Melbourne Assessment Day? I'm thinking they will do that one first, and then schedule the Sydney one to follow. Hope everyone's having a good week xx

Watto22
23rd May 2017, 12:03
My information is that there will be 4 ground schools in total for this current recruitment drive.

1 will be in Melbourne and 3 will be in Sydney. They are currently working on the Assessment Day in Melbourne as the 787 is due to begin operations out of MEL in October (so this is their priority) with Sydney in the following months.

The Hogan Assessments for the SYD applicants have not been looked at yet thus no invites for SYD applicants at this stage.

Stay positive, no news is good news. Good luck on June 1st to those MEL peeps.

Wishingstar
23rd May 2017, 22:57
Does anyone know how much spare time there is during Ground school, for other life things like exercising, catching up with nearest and dearest etc.?

If you haven't had a ground school before I should warn you now it's pretty full on and there is a LOT of studying to be done at home.. personally I would just give up my free time to remember the aircrafts specifics and emergency procedures you're learning day by day because it'll be easier than craming it all in before the big exams later. Also during my ground school for my current airline we had tests every day and exams almost every day so you're sort of forced to study.

Maybe just try to encorperate it into your life for example get one of your nearest and dearest to test you :)

sdl25
23rd May 2017, 23:27
Hey,
Is anyone else from Melbourne who applied in 2016 still on active hold? I was sent security link a few weeks ago but have not heard anything further since. Anyone else in the same boat or able to shed some light?

Hi Flyj23,

I'm not from Melbourne but from Sydney and applied in 2016.

I've done my security and background check and have the final Qantas security clearance status tick (received 12/05) but I haven't heard anything since.

My security process did get a little delayed though due to some IT issues on Qantas' end.

Have you heard anything further?
Hopefully we hear something soon!! Fingers crossed!!

Good Luck. 😊

Mn64
23rd May 2017, 23:55
If you haven't had a ground school before I should warn you now it's pretty full on and there is a LOT of studying to be done at home.. personally I would just give up my free time to remember the aircrafts specifics and emergency procedures you're learning day by day because it'll be easier than craming it all in before the big exams later. Also during my ground school for my current airline we had tests every day and exams almost every day so you're sort of forced to study.

Maybe just try to encorperate it into your life for example get one of your nearest and dearest to test you :)

Thank you so much for your help, I'll make sure to let everyone know it's either they help me study or we can't catch up :P

Flyj23
24th May 2017, 00:30
Hi sdl25,

It sounds as though we are in the same boat! Goodluck :) I hope we hear something soon

crewflyer
24th May 2017, 02:51

It depends on how well you are absorbing the information, will depend on how much spare time you have during ground school. There is always time for excising but limited time to catch up with nearest and dearest. If you have flown before then some of the content will be a breeze until you get to commands where it can get difficult to get rid of previous airline commands. The key is so slow down when shouting your evacuation commands so you have time to mentally prepare what the next line is going to be. I personally found QF ground school not to stressful (even though I am an ex flyer) as EP's are delivered in a way that you can understand and makes sense. Good Luck with GS! you will ace it.

Flyj23
24th May 2017, 04:14
I thought I'd update my progress and reach out to anyone who is in the same boat as me...
I applied in May 2016 and today recieved the link for my medical checks. I'm from Melbourne and I'm hoping they offer me a ground school date here soon.
Is there anyone else out there at the same stage in the process as me?
Goodluck to everyone out there :)

EX_EK25
24th May 2017, 04:35
See you there on the 01JUN17 to those invited next week! 1-4pm slot.

Fingers and toes crossed for others waiting! :)

Kellbell
24th May 2017, 04:53
Hey,

Hi, yes I was in the same boat but have received medical info today. How about you?

Mn64
24th May 2017, 21:09
It depends on how well you are absorbing the information, will depend on how much spare time you have during ground school. There is always time for excising but limited time to catch up with nearest and dearest. If you have flown before then some of the content will be a breeze until you get to commands where it can get difficult to get rid of previous airline commands. The key is so slow down when shouting your evacuation commands so you have time to mentally prepare what the next line is going to be. I personally found QF ground school not to stressful (even though I am an ex flyer) as EP's are delivered in a way that you can understand and makes sense. Good Luck with GS! you will ace it.

Thank you so much!!

Flyj23
24th May 2017, 22:57
Hi, yes I was in the same boat but have received medical info today. How about you?

Hey yes I recieved the medical link yesterday too :)
It looks like it's finally happening for us YAY! Hopefully I'll see you at ground school soon :)

sdl25
25th May 2017, 00:40
Hi Flyj23 and KellBel

I received my medical link yesterday also! Congrats! I'm so excited! :)

Plobbo
25th May 2017, 02:02
Do you have to have everything ticked on the security part before you get the medical email?
I feel like I have been waiting for agesssssss to get that last final tick for the printing and its killing me haha.

Mn64
25th May 2017, 02:03
Do you have to have everything ticked on the security part before you get the medical email?
I feel like I have been waiting for agesssssss to get that last final tick for the printing and its killing me haha.

Ignore that. That won't change- I'm in a class in just over a week and mine still hasn't been ticked :)

crewflyer
25th May 2017, 03:45
any updates from internals?

Angelcharliefox
25th May 2017, 04:50

Nothing as yet, no. Anyone else?

sdl25
25th May 2017, 04:57

You just need to have the final Qantas security status tick. Then it takes HR around a week to invite you to a medical. Hang in there! I'm sure you will hear something soon!

Flyj23
25th May 2017, 05:06
Hi Flyj23 and KellBel

I received my medical link yesterday also! Congrats! I'm so excited! :)
Oh yay congrats! I'm so eager for that long awaited golden call haha. I wonder when we will train and which aircraft
Goodluck :)

skyhigh_7
25th May 2017, 06:14
Oh yay congrats! I'm so eager for that long awaited golden call haha. I wonder when we will train and which aircraft

Hey Flyj23, I completed my medical for Mel base a week ago. I haven't heard anything since, but fingers crossed that we all hear something soon about a start date for ground school. It's all very exciting now! Good luck :)

sdl25
25th May 2017, 07:00

You and me both!
I think our medical process is different to the earlier processes, hopefully it's fast! It's been a long time coming.
I wonder too! Can't wait to find out when the time comes.
Good luck! 😊

Tango90
25th May 2017, 14:16
Hey Melbourne people! Congratulations to those who have gained a spot on the 1st June AD. I will see you guys there for the afternoon slot! Yay!

To everyone else still waiting, hang in there, and best of luck!

Goggle
26th May 2017, 01:10
Nothing as yet, no. Anyone else?

No not yet. I assuming they will finish externals

skyisthelimit123
26th May 2017, 01:31

Nothing yet for me either

GeekierAbit
26th May 2017, 01:41
I've got the golden call on two days ago! wootwoot!
My base is in Sydney, applied for this position in May 2016.

ASIC process took about 3 weeks. And there are 11 days gap between Medical checks and golden call, FYI :-)

By the way, can anyone let me know if the contract sheets come to me through a mail or e-mail? If I can do scan the sheets and send them to Qantas after signing the contract, it would be all right, but if I must sign the original sheets and SHOULD MAIL them, that would be a problem at the moment. please kindly let me know :-)

Mn64
26th May 2017, 02:09
I've got the golden call on two days ago! wootwoot!
My base is in Sydney, applied for this position in May 2016.

ASIC process took about 3 weeks. And there are 11 days gap between Medical checks and golden call, FYI :-)

By the way, can anyone let me know if the contract sheets come to me through a mail or e-mail? If I can do scan the sheets and send them to Qantas after signing the contract, it would be all right, but if I must sign the original sheets and SHOULD MAIL them, that would be a problem at the moment. please kindly let me know :-)

Congrats!! That's great, when do you start in syd? Maybe I'll see you there as I am starting in Syd too. My Gc took about three weeks from medical, so maybe people should take that into consideration as well.

littleturtle
26th May 2017, 07:38
More grand school starting in july for Melb based international?

Goggle
29th May 2017, 05:58
More grand school starting in july for Melb based international?

Oh man this process is soooo long. Is this july intake for internals

littleturtle
29th May 2017, 06:00
Oh man this process is soooo long. Is this july intake for internals

Not sure that's why I asked if there is another GS starting in July?

When did you apply?

EX_EK25
29th May 2017, 07:21
Anyone on the 1-4pm slot on the 01JUNE?

Looking forward and good luck to all going! :)

Goggle
30th May 2017, 06:12
Anyone have an idea when internals will hear an update

Rapscalion
30th May 2017, 07:06
Hey guys. Just to keep everyone posted, I applied externally with the latest intake for Sydney and have just received an email to attend an interview on June 9th- next Friday.

Check your inboxes, hopefully we all hear something soon.

debbieitaly
30th May 2017, 07:59
Hey guys. Just to keep everyone posted, I applied externally with the latest intake for Sydney and have just received an email to attend an interview on June 9th- next Friday.

Hi everyone, it was a beautiful day here in Brisbane today - 26 degrees, gorgeous!

Congrats Rapscalion :-) I got that much anticipated email this afternoon too inviting me to attend the Assessment Day in Sydney next Friday 9th June, what an awesome feeling it was to see it suddenly in my inbox :-)

Omg I'm soooooo excited, i've got butterflies inside and don't think i've stopped smiling since that email arrived. Its another step closer to achieving my dream :-D

I'm actually travelling down from Brisbane for the AD, so i'd love to know if anyone else is travelling from interstate.

Speak soon guys, I love this forum...good luck if you're waiting for the invite, its definitely on its way :-D

Skiesthedream
30th May 2017, 08:45
Hey all.. I'm new to this forum :)
Just discovered it today whilst doing some research.
Well I'm Melb based and applied via the internal link about a month ago.
Just got my email yesterday to complete my online interview .. completely new and forgin experience for me.. I'll be doing it tonight 😬.. and welcome any last min tips :) good luck to all attending the AD on the 1st :)
Do we know if that's mainly externals?
Exciting times :)

aueb
30th May 2017, 10:23

Are there morning and afternoon assessments or were you given just one option?

Mn64
30th May 2017, 10:41
Did anyone start GS on May 26?

Rapscalion
30th May 2017, 10:54
aueb, I think it was only afternoon sessions that were available (1pm-4pm) and only on Friday the 9th. There may have been more but by the time I went to select it was only that one.

Kadara
30th May 2017, 11:21
Apparently all the assessment day slots for SYD have been taken. It's only been 2 hours.

Oh well, fingers crossed another assessment day is scheduled soon. :)

Also, I've heard that some more external applicants have finally received video interview and psych assessments. If you haven't heard anything, keep an eye on your inbox.

2banksiatrees
31st May 2017, 09:52
Hey everyone!
I'm new to the forum but have been reading all your helpful comments so thank you to all of you.
I am very lucky to be starting up in one of the upcoming ground schools, and have a silly question:
It says on the information we are given that we must wear fully enclosed shoes on day one of training, and no heels.
Would any other ladies be able to tell me what shoes they're thinking of wearing/ have worn?

Thanks! :)

Kadara
31st May 2017, 10:06
Apparently all the assessment day slots for SYD have been taken. It's only been 2 hours. <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:47.91666666666667% 60.41666666666667%;background-size:4900%" data-codepoints="1f62d"></span></span>

Oh well, fingers crossed another assessment day is scheduled soon. :)

Also, I've heard that some more external applicants have finally received video interview and psyc assessments. If you haven't heard anything, keep an eye on your inbox.

Another quick update everyone. After missing out on booking an assessment day slot yesterday (because I was flying... working -_-), I'm happy to report I received another email this morning inviting me to an assessment day, and I'm happy to confirm I will be in attendance at the 1pm session on the 9th of June. :) See you all there.

Who else is attending the afternoon AD on the 9th?

Mn64
31st May 2017, 10:07
Hey everyone!
I'm new to the forum but have been reading all your helpful comments so thank you to all of you.
I am very lucky to be starting up in one of the upcoming ground schools, and have a silly question:
It says on the information we are given that we must wear fully enclosed shoes on day one of training, and no heels.
Would any other ladies be able to tell me what shoes they're thinking of wearing/ have worn?

Thanks! :)

Hey hey welcome and congrats, send me a message as I'd love to chat (I'm starting soon as well). I was thinking of wearing boots but it is also a dilemma for me at the moment!

B767300x
31st May 2017, 10:25
Have any internals been updated since the video assesment. Rejection or progression

Hi love. I'm Mam crew internal as no one has heard anything!! I have heard through grapevine that some Qlink and network have been told no though

Cocomygirl
31st May 2017, 11:09
Ok I have just read most these wonderful posts and Im no further ahead in knowing what an international flight attendant earns .Please some one ??.I am very interested in this career change but have read from 40K to 80K all those who know please share .Also when away are you paid how does that work ?Much appreciated .D

Cocomygirl
31st May 2017, 11:18
WHAT a dental exray are you for real lol...What else do they request/check in your medical ?

Cocomygirl
31st May 2017, 11:27
Have any internals been updated since the video assesment. Rejection or progression
Hi all those already working in this field could you please share what is average income for international flight attendent ?Thank you

debbieitaly
31st May 2017, 15:19
Another quick update everyone. After missing out on booking an assessment day slot yesterday (because I was flying... working -_-), I'm happy to report I received another email this morning inviting me to an assessment day, and I'm happy to confirm I will be in attendance at the 1pm session on the 9th of June. :) See you all there.

Who else is attending the afternoon AD on the 9th?
Hi Kadara,

That's great news! I'm so happy that you got another email and were able to book it in this time. I'm also going to the AD next Friday at 1pm, so I look forward to seeing you there :-)

I'm coming from Brissy, so I'll probably fly down in the morning to give myself enough time to get my bearings and not be rushed. Is there any tips you can give me for getting from the airport to the assessment centre?

I'd also love to hear if there's anyone else flying from interstate for the AD in Sydney next Friday :-)

Kadara
31st May 2017, 16:09
Hi Kadara,

That's great news! I'm so happy that you got another email and were able to book it in this time. I'm also going to the AD next Friday at 1pm, so I look forward to seeing you there :-)

I'm coming from Brissy, so I'll probably fly down in the morning to give myself enough time to get my bearings and not be rushed. Is there any tips you can give me for getting from the airport to the assessment centre?

I'd also love to hear if there's anyone else flying from interstate for the AD in Sydney next Friday :-)

Hi Debbieitaly

I'm looking forward to seeing you at the AD on the 9th as well!

Catching an Uber or taxi would probably be the most convenient option, especially if you are coming directly from the airport. I wouldn't leave the fate of your interview in the hands of Sydney's public transport, nor would I recommend hiring a car as parking in Alexandria is a nightmare.

Atarafornow
31st May 2017, 22:32
I'm external but Altara. Completed my online interview within 24hrs on Tues 30th, then received a confirmation of the process progressing last night with a link the 18-question 'psych test' which I completed immediately.

Skiesthedream
31st May 2017, 23:55

Hey google,

Yes sadly I received the email the morning after I did the phone interview to say unsuccessful - guttered :/
I'm Altara/jetstar. And applied internal, but have since been told I should of applied external. Sadly I think I now have to wait my 6-12months.
I've heard all people JQ who applied internal have got no. (Don't know how true this is tho)

sdl25
1st Jun 2017, 00:16
Hi All!

So I completed my medical yesterday and the process was quite long and intense (felt like I was trying out for the army lol). I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through the same medical process? I've heard of others medicals that were short, simple and didn't involve pistol squats 😂

Sending lots and lots of positivity and good vibes out to you all!

Talk soon!

debbieitaly
1st Jun 2017, 00:59
Hi Debbieitaly

I'm looking forward to seeing you at the AD on the 9th as well!

Catching an Uber or taxi would probably be the most convenient option, especially if you are coming directly from the airport. I wouldn't leave the fate of your interview in the hands of Sydney's public transport, nor would I recommend hiring a car as parking in Alexandria is a nightmare.
Thanks for the advice Kadara :-) I'll definitely take a taxi or uber, with lots of time to spare :-D

Good luck for everyone going to the Melbourne AD today, sending positive fairy dust to you all :-)

skyhigh_7
1st Jun 2017, 01:52
Hi All!

So I completed my medical yesterday and the process was quite long and intense (felt like I was trying out for the army lol). I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through the same medical process? I've heard of others medicals that were short, simple and didn't involve pistol squats 😂

Talk soon!

Hey sdl25! What base are you applying for? I completed my Medical two weeks ago. They are generally quite in depth, I suppose they have to be to make sure we have no pre existing health issues that could affect us working etc... mine was fairly quick and easy took about 20mins :)

sdl25
1st Jun 2017, 01:58
Hey sdl25! What base are you applying for? I completed my Medical two weeks ago. They are generally quite in depth, I suppose they have to be to make sure we have no pre existing health issues that could affect us working etc... mine was fairly quick and easy took about 20mins :)

I've applied for Sydney :)
I've done medicals before as this isn't my first time flying and I understand they need to know a full background and be thorough but my god, it felt like a personal training session lol (not complaining btw). It took altogether close to 2 hours.
I hope everything in it went well as I wasn't really given an indication of how it was going. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!

skyhigh_7
1st Jun 2017, 02:20
I've done medicals before as this isn't my first time flying and I understand they need to know a full background and be thorough but my god, it felt like a personal training session lol (not complaining btw). It took altogether close to 2 hours.
I hope everything in it went well as I wasn't really given an indication of how it was going. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!

Oh wow, two hours! That is a really long time! 😬 I was in and out with mine. I'm sure if there were any issues they would have raised them then and there! So I'm sure everything went well - good luck! :) and yes hopefully it's soon! 😃

Rapscalion
1st Jun 2017, 03:22
Hey guys!

I am going to the 1pm in Sydney too so look forward to seeing you all there. I went for a quick drive through today to sus out where to go and parking, etc (What a loser!) and as Kadara has already said, the parking around there is terrible- if not non-existent. There is also a lot of construction and roadwork immediately in front of and around the building.

For anyone driving, there IS parking in Sydney Park (maybe 5mins walk) which is timed at 4 hours, so it should be OK if the day runs to time. I was there about 11:30 and there were plenty of places to park there.

That being said, I will be driving in and if anyone here is stuck for transport and would like a lift I am more than happy to come and get you and car-pool if it would make things easier. That goes the same for anyone coming from interstate.
If anyone is interested or in need of transport next Friday feel free to drop me a message to my inbox and I will gladly play taxi driver for the day.

Kadara
1st Jun 2017, 04:17
Hey guys!

I am going to the 1pm in Sydney too so look forward to seeing you all there. I went for a quick drive through today to sus out where to go and parking, etc (What a loser!) and as Kadara has already said, the parking around there is terrible- if not non-existent. There is also a lot of construction and roadwork immediately in front of and around the building.

For anyone driving, there IS parking in Sydney Park (maybe 5mins walk) which is timed at 4 hours, so it should be OK if the day runs to time. I was there about 11:30 and there were plenty of places to park there.

That being said, I will be driving in and if anyone here is stuck for transport and would like a lift I am more than happy to come and get you and car-pool if it would make things easier. That goes the same for anyone coming from interstate.
If anyone is interested or in need of transport next Friday feel free to drop me a message to my inbox and I will gladly play taxi driver for the day.

Hey Rapscallion!

That's very generous of you to offer. :) I'll PM you.

Reading back through this thread, previous AD attendees have had luck parking at the Bunnings in Alexandria as well, but if anyone is to do that, it's perhaps best if you buy something cheap from Bunnings and leave the receipt on your dash as they are apparently quick to dish out fines/tow cars.

I'm so excited! The 9th couldn't come any more quickly!

Kenneth21
1st Jun 2017, 05:19
Pleasure meeting everyone at the morning MEL session! Best of luck!

Flyj23
1st Jun 2017, 05:26
Hi All!

Talk soon!

My medical took over an hour so I think we went through the same p.t sesh haha!

Is there anyone else here from Melbourne who have just done their medical?

Angelcharliefox
1st Jun 2017, 05:45
Ok I have just read most these wonderful posts and Im no further ahead in knowing what an international flight attendant earns .Please some one ??.I am very interested in this career change but have read from 40K to 80K all those who know please share .Also when away are you paid how does that work ?Much appreciated .D

If you have a look a few pages back, it has all the details.
But no, you won't make 80K unless you're a manager. 40-45K minus tax+ allowances.

roamingthesky
1st Jun 2017, 06:32
Hi lovely people ❤️,
Just wondering if anyone is going to ground school start date 28th June in Sydney ? I am still waiting for the contract to be sent. Best of lucks to everyone for upcoming group assessments .

sdl25
1st Jun 2017, 06:48

Hi Flyj23!

It's good to know that I'm not the only person that had to go commando and do pistol squats, sit ups, push ups, planks, you name it! 😂 Hahaha

Has Kellbell done hers?

I feel left out because I seem to be the only Sydney person on here that has had this kind of medical lol.

Good luck with everything! Hope you hear some good news soon! 😊

skyhigh_7
1st Jun 2017, 06:59

Hey Flyj23, I have completed my Medical for Melbourne base (two weeks ago) and just eagerly waiting by my phone now 😬

I had my medical done in Adelaide, not Melbourne so maybe that's how I avoided the PT sesh haha!

Kellbell
1st Jun 2017, 08:42
Hi Flyj23!

It's good to know that I'm not the only person that had to go commando and do pistol squats, sit ups, push ups, planks, you name it! 😂 Hahaha

Has Kellbell done hers?

I feel left out because I seem to be the only Sydney person on here that has had this kind of medical lol.

Good luck with everything! Hope you hear some good news soon! 😊

Yes!! Mine was also intense and lengthy. Was wondering whether I'd accidentally applied for air marshall rather than cabin crew.

Goggle
1st Jun 2017, 08:53
Hey google,

Yes sadly I received the email the morning after I did the phone interview to say unsuccessful - guttered :/
I'm Altara/jetstar. And applied internal, but have since been told I should of applied external. Sadly I think I now have to wait my 6-12months.
I've heard all people JQ who applied internal have got no. (Don't know how true this is tho)
Oh man thats a bumber. I hope i dont get the same. Hey its about the experience i geuss and it will help next time perhaps. Goodluck and thanks for the update

Goggle
1st Jun 2017, 08:57
Hi all those already working in this field could you please share what is average income for international flight attendent ?Thank you
With allowances can be 50 to 80 k year depends on how much you work. Its really about tge lifestyle that appeals. So many opportunities and staff benefits also. Good luck

Goggle
1st Jun 2017, 22:21
WHAT a dental exray are you for real lol...What else do they request/check in your medical ?

The dental im assuming is in the situation where if their is an accident should you be burnt an unrecognizable then they can identify you by your dental records.

Candle12
2nd Jun 2017, 04:16
Oh man thats a bummer. I hope i dont get the same. Hey its about the experience i geuss and it will help next time perhaps. Goodluck and thanks for the update

Hi there I'm new to this site. I wish everyone the very best of luck with their application :)

Have any other internal applicants heard anything? Is it true that JQ staff have been knocked back already?

Thanks

EX_EK25
2nd Jun 2017, 07:50
Well done to all those that attended both morning and arvo assessment interviews in MEL yesterday!
How did ya'll find it?

littleturtle
2nd Jun 2017, 07:55
Anyone receive the link to reference check yet? Mel base

EX_EK25
2nd Jun 2017, 08:46

Yep got mine today.

littleturtle
2nd Jun 2017, 09:00
Yep got mine today.

Excellent congrats hope this all goes quickly :)

Cavelle
2nd Jun 2017, 09:09

I got mine today too! So exciting. Congratulations to everyone who made it through the assessment day,

Goggle
2nd Jun 2017, 10:09
Hi there I'm new to this site. I wish everyone the very best of luck with their application :)

Have any other internal applicants heard anything? Is it true that JQ staff have been knocked back already?

Thanks

Just altara internals i think

B767300x
2nd Jun 2017, 12:06
I have heard Qlink and Nat Jet, Have heard nos as well

Littleg
2nd Jun 2017, 13:18
Hey guys!

Good luck to everyone for assessment days!
I applied may 2016 and did my medical in Sydney for Sydney base 3 weeks ago today.
Has anyone waited that long for the golden call? I feel like I should've heard by now...

crewator
2nd Jun 2017, 14:11

Thanks

I think they have only knocked the Altara staff back that put in an internal application as they are technically not part of the QF Group.

I am in a tricky situation with mine, I applied as an externel while I was employed with Altara but now I have moved over to Team Jetstar (So I am now technically internal) so I don't know what to do with that.

Just waiting to hear back from my video interview and online assessment test.

Good luck to everyone going to the assessments days and congrats to everyone that has made it through to medicals and ground schools :)

Goggle
2nd Jun 2017, 15:42
I have heard Qlink and Nat Jet, Have heard nos as well

I asked some qlink crew on the bus today and they said no one has heard anything yet

Flyinghigh10
2nd Jun 2017, 18:45
Some jq full time has. been knocked back. If you applied under internal and you're altara, I'd contact them straight away as you still need to do an assessment day, and don't want to be out of the running for default

Mn64
2nd Jun 2017, 21:40
Hey guys!

Good luck to everyone for assessment days!
I applied may 2016 and did my medical in Sydney for Sydney base 3 weeks ago today.
Has anyone waited that long for the golden call? I feel like I should've heard by now...

No mine took more than three weeks, so no stress :)

Angelcharliefox
3rd Jun 2017, 02:23
I asked some qlink crew on the bus today and they said no one has heard anything yet

I don't think any internal applicants have heard back anything. The ones spoken of seem to have been technically external. I think everyone is still in the game.
Good luck to everyone!

Goggle
3rd Jun 2017, 04:16
Oh hey, dear colleague ;) I have done my interview! Have you? :)

How did your application go

Kadara
3rd Jun 2017, 07:09
For those past and present who have either attended or will be attending an assessment day for QCCA. What's everyone's interpretation of the requirement of bringing a "Full-length photo in corporate business attire"?

As in, is it acceptable to just don a suit and get a quick photo taken with my phone, or are they after something more professional?

Cavelle
3rd Jun 2017, 07:12
For those past and present who have either attended or will be attending an assessment day for QCCA. What's everyone's interpretation of the requirement of bringing a "Full-length photo in corporate business attire"?

As in, is it acceptable to just don a suit and get a quick photo taken with my phone, or are they after something more professional?

I just had a friend take mine on my phone and got the photo printed it at officeworks it doesn't need to be professional.

littleturtle
3rd Jun 2017, 09:33

They specifically asked for non professional shot do iPhone and Officeworks is fine

angel14
3rd Jun 2017, 21:40
Hey google,

Hi I'm Altara JQ and I put in an external application, did video interview and received dreaded email about 2 weeks later :-( I've done a few video interviews with success in the past so not sure what they didn't like. The email didn't state how long before I can reply again. I know normally 12 mths but does anyone really know or how I can find out??

Flyinghigh10
3rd Jun 2017, 23:31
[QUOTE=angel14;9791548]Hi I'm Altara JQ and I put in an external application, did video interview and received dreaded email about 2 weeks later :-( I've done a few video interviews with success in the past so not sure what they didn't like. The email didn't state how long before I can reply again. I know normally 12 mths but does anyone really know or how I can find out

Sorry that really sucks to hear, but sadly altara casuals are classed as externals so yes have to wait 12 months.

Kadara
4th Jun 2017, 02:40
Hey!
I just completed assessment day, and that's exactly what I did- quick phone photo in a suit- uploaded it to a word document and printed it off photo sized / currently at Xref stage.

Good luck!

Thank you very much! I was unclear about just taking it myself, or letting the guy who takes my passport photos do it and print it.

Congratulations for making it to the x-reference stage. Fingers crossed! :)

Kadara
4th Jun 2017, 02:44
Would anyone who attended the recent MEL assessment day care to comment on how the day went; eg length it went for, format of the day, powerpoint first then move into group activities, etc?

You don't have to mention the questions so it's fair for everyone, I'm just curious how the layout of the day goes.

Cavelle
4th Jun 2017, 03:06
Would anyone who attended the recent MEL assessment day care to comment on how the day went; eg length it went for, format of the day, powerpoint first then move into group activities, etc?

You don't have to mention the questions so it's fair for everyone, I'm just curious how the layout of the day goes.

Hi, I attended the first assessment session in the morning. It went for about three hours and consisted of a meet and greet in the lobby so usual intro stuff about the role and then collection of paperwork and having your height measured.. After this we were split into three groups to do a group activity, interviews and a written component after you had completed all three you were free to go home and I heard back the following day that I was successful through to the Xref stage. Good luck if you are attending an assessment day soon!

Croissant2016
4th Jun 2017, 12:22
Hey hey welcome and congrats, send me a message as I'd love to chat (I'm starting soon as well). I was thinking of wearing boots but it is also a dilemma for me at the moment!

Hi.. They mean no stilettos or open toe shoes or sandals. Court shoes are totally fine. When you are doing the EPs and go on a famil walk around airside footwear will be more restrictive but until then it's corporate professional office style and if you are a current flier, your current work Shoes are perfect.

Kadara
4th Jun 2017, 12:25
Hi, I attended the first assessment session in the morning. It went for about three hours and consisted of a meet and greet in the lobby so usual intro stuff about the role and then collection of paperwork and having your height measured.. After this we were split into three groups to do a group activity, interviews and a written component after you had completed all three you were free to go home and I heard back the following day that I was successful through to the Xref stage. Good luck if you are attending an assessment day soon!

Thank you very much for the informative and prompt reply. :)

I've never heard of QF AD's having a written component before.

Cavelle
4th Jun 2017, 12:37
Thank you very much for the informative and prompt reply. :)

I've never heard of QF AD's having a written component before.

It wasn't really an assessment.. you just needed to read a document and answer a few questions to see if everyone understood.

Skiesthedream
5th Jun 2017, 03:15
Some jq full time has. been knocked back. If you applied under internal and you're altara, I'd contact them straight away as you still need to do an assessment day, and don't want to be out of the running for default

That was me.. Applied internal and have since found out I should of done external. Got amthe no after video interview. Have tried to contact QF about this, but no luck as yet on a reply :(

Goggle
5th Jun 2017, 04:09
Anyone been updated sinve video assesments closed a month ago.

B767300x
5th Jun 2017, 04:19
no updates so far - 2 months next week.

Goggle
5th Jun 2017, 06:52
no updates so far - 2 months next week.

Lol i know right. Just wondering if their waiting till qcca EBA is ratified before they proceed further with internals.

alex.s
5th Jun 2017, 07:12
Lol i know right. Just wondering if their waiting till qcca EBA is ratified before they proceed further with internals.

Hopefully, it doesn't take long at Fairwork! It's a great looking EBA.

Watto22
6th Jun 2017, 04:40
More Sydney Assessment Day dates have been sent out. Thursday June 15th at the Novotel Central, morning and afternoon sessions.

Good luck to those attending this Thursday's AD in Sydney.

littleturtle
6th Jun 2017, 09:36
Anyone knows how long until medical after reference check submitted by referees?

Cavelle
6th Jun 2017, 10:20
Anyone knows how long until medical after reference check submitted by referees?

Have you received a background check email yet little turtle? My references have been submitted I'm hoping to hear back soon.

littleturtle
6th Jun 2017, 10:29
Have you received a background check email yet little turtle? My references have been submitted I'm hoping to hear back soon.

Not yet only know that all my referees submitted their xref
Have you? Medical first or ASIC first?

Cavelle
6th Jun 2017, 10:38
Not yet only know that all my referees submitted their xref
Have you? Medical first or ASIC first?

I'm up to the same stage as you.. I hope we hear back this week. The process seems to be a lot faster this year so I'm hoping they need staff for the ground school at the end of July. The form said Medical but it's usually Asic first because it takes longer to process.

littleturtle
6th Jun 2017, 10:46
I'm up to the same stage as you.. I hope we hear back this week. The process seems to be a lot faster this year so I'm hoping they need staff for the ground school at the end of July. The form said Medical but it's usually Asic first because it takes longer to process.

OK, fingers crossed :D
Are you melb based ?

Cavelle
6th Jun 2017, 11:01
OK, fingers crossed :D
Are you melb based ?

Yeah, I'm Melbourne based I think we attended the same assessment session.. hopefully we both hear soon!

littleturtle
6th Jun 2017, 11:36
Yeah, I'm Melbourne based I think we attended the same assessment session.. hopefully we both hear soon!

Likewise :) maybe see you GS

littleturtle
9th Jun 2017, 01:20
Does this reference check stage take long?
How long do you usually wait until next stage?

sdl25
9th Jun 2017, 02:43
Does this reference check stage take long?
How long do you usually wait until next stage?

Hi Littleturtle,
I received XRef the day after my AD I didn't hear anything again until a month or so later telling me I was on active hold.
You will find with Qantas that it's a bit of a roller coaster with the recruitment process, it's hard to give a set time because it's different for everyone. Fingers crossed you hear something soon.

Remember, no news is good news! :)

aueb
11th Jun 2017, 02:49
How was the SYD assessment day?

Kadara
11th Jun 2017, 09:41
How was the SYD assessment day?

Besides the weather, the SYD assessment day was very pleasant. :) In total, it lasted around 3 hours, and there were 27 applicants in attendance (out of the 3500 who applied for the position).

Like Cavelle mentioned, it is a fairly standard cabin crew assessment day, consisting of a written component, an individual interview, and a group activity.

Those of us who attended are at present waiting to hear back regarding our progress, which would be Tuesday at the earliest due to the long weekend. Fingers crossed! :ok:

aueb
11th Jun 2017, 11:10
Thanks Kadara.

Good luck!!!

Watto22
11th Jun 2017, 13:10
Kadara, was your assessment day in Sydney at the Novotel Central in Haymarket and if so did you park there or opt for public transport? Any hints greatly appreciated. x

littleturtle
11th Jun 2017, 15:35
Besides the weather, the SYD assessment day was very pleasant. :) In total, it lasted around 3 hours, and there were 27 applicants in attendance (out of the 3500 who applied for the position).

Like Cavelle mentioned, it is a fairly standard cabin crew assessment day, consisting of a written component, an individual interview, and a group activity.

Those of us who attended are at present waiting to hear back regarding our progress, which would be Tuesday at the earliest due to the long weekend. Fingers crossed! :ok:

that 3500 applicants includes melb based and also there were different time slot for the AD. But anyway still pretty impressive to get in.

Kadara
11th Jun 2017, 15:56
Kadara, was your assessment day in Sydney at the Novotel Central in Haymarket and if so did you park there or opt for public transport? Any hints greatly appreciated. x

Hello Watto22,

The recent SYD AD was held at the Qantas COSE in Mascot. Most candidates organized a drop off or a taxi/Uber. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for transportation options to the Novotel in the city.

I wish you the best of luck if you are attending an AD in the coming weeks. :)

Watto22
12th Jun 2017, 01:11
Hello Watto22,

The recent SYD AD was held at the Qantas COSE in Mascot. Most candidates organized a drop off or a taxi/Uber. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice for transportation options to the Novotel in the city.

I wish you the best of luck if you are attending an AD in the coming weeks. :)

OK, thank you and good luck to you too. xo

B767300x
12th Jun 2017, 05:04
any updates for internals?

Angelcharliefox
12th Jun 2017, 14:17

Don't believe so

LJflyer
13th Jun 2017, 15:03

I've heard nothing since my interview a month ago! (Internal)

Watto22
13th Jun 2017, 21:31
Good luck to all those attending the assessment day tomorrow in Sydney!

Goggle
14th Jun 2017, 01:50
I've heard nothing since my interview a month ago! (Internal)

Dont think any internals have.

Fightingflyer
14th Jun 2017, 06:08
Hi everyone! I got an email yesterday after an AD saying I had progressed through to reference checks. I was told I would receive another email shortly from xRef but have so far heard nothing. Anyone else up to this stage? Did anyone else attend the AD in Alexandria last Friday :)

Rigflurry
14th Jun 2017, 06:37

Nope nothing yet, and none of the crew at work have either.

Fightingflyer
14th Jun 2017, 07:12

Hi Kadara,

I was there on Friday too! Have you progressed to the next round?

simmo1111
14th Jun 2017, 08:56
Hey guys!! Has anyone got an assessment day after the 15th June in SYD? I was chosen for tomorrow, but unfortunalty couldn't make it and wondered if anyone else had one later in the month??? Goodluck to those attending tomorrow! X

Flyingsyd
14th Jun 2017, 12:48
Hi everyone! I got an email yesterday after an AD saying I had progressed through to reference checks. I was told I would receive another email shortly from xRef but have so far heard nothing. Anyone else up to this stage? Did anyone else attend the AD in Alexandria last Friday :)

I also attended Friday , received progression email yesterday but yet to receive xref link. I had been contacted by talent acquisition tonight who advised they'll be in touch again shortly with the next steps of my application. Assuming they'll be sending xref links. My references are uncontactable until next week ( both on AL) so no stress here

Good luck to candidates attending tomorrow enjoy yourself it's a great day and so relaxed

Flying11
14th Jun 2017, 21:15

Hi. Yes I was there

I received the same email a few days ago. I believe the xref may take a few days to receive so don't stress. Congratulations :)

Flyj23
15th Jun 2017, 00:52
Hey everyone,
I completed my medical about two weeks ago in Melbourne and am yet to hear anything further. Anyone else in the same boat?

sdl25
15th Jun 2017, 01:52
Hey everyone,
I completed my medical about two weeks ago in Melbourne and am yet to hear anything further. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm still waiting too, hopefully we hear something today/tomorrow or next week! Sending positive vibes your way 😊

skyhigh_7
15th Jun 2017, 02:12
Hey everyone,

Hey! Yes same here, there are a few of us in the same boat. I completed mine one month ago and still haven't heard anything. Hoping we hear something any day now 😬

Cavelle
15th Jun 2017, 06:31
Hey, has anyone that attended the Melbourne assessment days recently been progressed to security checks?

Goggle
15th Jun 2017, 09:31
Nope nothing yet, and none of the crew at work have either.
Some crew have had their stage status changed from assessment to either screen or interview. They are internal. What does that mean. I however still have assessment.

B767300x
15th Jun 2017, 11:05
Interview is the stage after assessment before offer ( found the recruitment workday module online )

snowballingmyway
15th Jun 2017, 11:27
Hi guys, Does anyone know what psychometric testing VIRGIN AUSTRALIA conducts for its pilots? Any help would be much appreciated as i have a test due in the next 2 days.

B767300x
15th Jun 2017, 12:39
No - All interviews have been completed. my guess is that they are finally getting around and assessing them

B767300x
15th Jun 2017, 12:56
So yes under the candidate stage - for everyone up until today was ( assesment ) some are now sitting at ( interview )

B767300x
15th Jun 2017, 13:11
Many reasons: is your friend qf/Mam crew? Because I have noticed that they have been going through current qf trained staff applications.
how late in the process did they apply, as I have personally known two current Mam crew who applied later on ( towards end of the submissions round) and were told that they were unsuccessful

Goggle
15th Jun 2017, 13:52
Many reasons: is your friend qf/Mam crew? Because I have noticed that they have been going through current qf trained staff applications.
how late in the process did they apply, as I have personally known two current Mam crew who applied later on ( towards end of the submissions round) and were told that they were unsuccessful

She is network aviation

littleturtle
15th Jun 2017, 21:46
Hey, has anyone that attended the Melbourne assessment days recently been progressed to security checks?

Not yet Cavelle, still waiting. I think they caught up with the Sydney AD. So they probably will come back to us after the Syd ?

Goggle
16th Jun 2017, 01:42
She is network aviation

Any updates yet rejection or progression my status still at assessment

Watto22
16th Jun 2017, 01:56
Attended the SYD assessment day yesterday (15th). There were 26 in the afternoon session. Our session lasted 3 hours and consisted of:
A welcome and information session where all the paperwork was also checked
A group activity (we only had one activity so make sure you get involved right from the word go)
A written/comprehension paper (they say this does not get assessed but they walk around and look over your shoulder to see how you're answering the questions, they are EP's questions but the answers are all in the info you're given to read), it is "marked" in the classroom as a group
Two- on-one "individual interviews" where one person is asking you the questions and the other is writing the whole time. I got 4 behavioural questions where I had to describe a time when I a) had to be flexible in the work place etc.

In the group activity there were as many assessors in the room taking notes as candidates.

Good luck to all those attending future assessment centres. x

LJflyer
16th Jun 2017, 02:23
Any updates yet rejection or progression my status still at assessment

I've just been changed to Screen however no email.

aueb
16th Jun 2017, 02:37
Thanks for the info Watto22.

Hopefully they'll have more assessment days soon.

Good luck!

idreambig
16th Jun 2017, 06:57
Interview is the stage after assessment before offer ( found the recruitment workday module online )

so what does 'screen' mean?

kjag31
16th Jun 2017, 11:07

Good luck!

Does anybody know if Adelaide base is advertised often for domestic and is there anybody here undergoing any application stage for a job in Adelaide?

Goggle
16th Jun 2017, 11:57
Does anybody know if Adelaide base is advertised often for domestic and is there anybody here undergoing any application stage for a job in Adelaide?

Ive seen qantaslink advertise this year

Watto22
16th Jun 2017, 13:20

Good luck!

Yes, hopefully, seems to be moving quickly ATM, Xref emails already sent for yesterdays AD in Sydney.
Good luck everyone and hope more AD invites are sent out soon. Remember no news is good news. x

Goggle
17th Jun 2017, 02:00
so what does 'screen' mean?

Not sure but based on the module its like the step before assesment which seems odd. Maybe theirs not particular order.

Watto22
18th Jun 2017, 02:49
Hi sdl25,
I'm interested to find out what was involved in your medical check. It sounds pretty intense! Understand they need to be thorough though.
Thanks for any info.

Littleg
19th Jun 2017, 04:01
Medical was now 1 month ago! 😭 Still nothing. Anyone else?

skyhigh_7
19th Jun 2017, 05:13

Yes same here... I've had confirmation from recruitment that they will be in touch late this week though 😊 So all of us still waiting should hear something soon! Fingers crossed!

sdl25
19th Jun 2017, 05:48
Hi sdl25,
I'm interested to find out what was involved in your medical check. It sounds pretty intense! Understand they need to be thorough though.
Thanks for any info.

Hi Watto22,

I believe my medical was part of the new system update with Qantas.

Pretty much it's done with a physio therapist from there he/she will check your height/weight and calculate your bmi, check your active and resting heart rate after doing an endurance cardio test (pretty easy), they check your flexibility and mobility and do some physio kind of exercises, then you have to do sit ups, push ups (on your toes), supermans, planks, 20kg squat lifting a suitcase, 32kg deadlift kind of style lift of a suitcase, overhead shoulder press with 10kg Dumbbells, pistol squats, etc. standard breathalyser test, urine test, hearing test, sight test, testing for eye-hand coordination.

My medical took close to 2 hours, it was quite extensive, I think I've covered everything! If I remember anything else, I will let you know!

I hope this helps! :)

Wishingstar
19th Jun 2017, 06:52

Me too! But I know someone who got a call last week and they did their medical same day as me

Wishingstar
19th Jun 2017, 06:53
Yes same here... I've had confirmation from recruitment that they will be in touch late this week though 😊 So all of us still waiting should hear something soon! Fingers crossed!

How did you find this out? My god I'm praaaaying they will put me out of my misery already!

skyhigh_7
19th Jun 2017, 07:10
How did you find this out? My god I'm praaaaying they will put me out of my misery already!

Because I got impatient and emailed them 😂 Haha! They said 'late next week' as they're just finalising ground school dates!

skyhigh_7
19th Jun 2017, 07:12
Me too! But I know someone who got a call last week and they did their medical same day as me

This wait is the worst! Oh really! Do you know what base that was for and when they start ground school?

Goggle
19th Jun 2017, 08:16
Because I got impatient and emailed them 😂 Haha! They said 'late next week' as they're just finalising ground school dates!

Hopefully both externals and internals find out

Watto22
19th Jun 2017, 10:33
Hi Watto22,

I believe my medical was part of the new system update with Qantas.

Pretty much it's done with a physio therapist from there he/she will check your height/weight and calculate your bmi, check your active and resting heart rate after doing an endurance cardio test (pretty easy), they check your flexibility and mobility and do some physio kind of exercises, then you have to do sit ups, push ups (on your toes), supermans, planks, 20kg squat lifting a suitcase, 32kg deadlift kind of style lift of a suitcase, overhead shoulder press with 10kg Dumbbells, pistol squats, etc. standard breathalyser test, urine test, hearing test, sight test, testing for eye-hand coordination.

My medical took close to 2 hours, it was quite extensive, I think I've covered everything! If I remember anything else, I will let you know!

I hope this helps! :)

Thanks, yes, this helps a lot. How many proper push-ups? That's my weakness.

Thanks again for this very helpful information.

sdl25
19th Jun 2017, 21:06
Thanks, yes, this helps a lot. How many proper push-ups? That's my weakness.

Thanks again for this very helpful information.

Push ups are my weakness too haha. You need to get at least 15 out.

Goggle
21st Jun 2017, 05:14
Anyone updated yet

alex.s
21st Jun 2017, 05:29
Anyone updated yet

Not yet :( I did my interview 6 weeks ago today.

Goggle
21st Jun 2017, 06:21
Not yet :( I did my interview 6 weeks ago today.

Has your status on workday changed. Mine still states assessment. Some have changed to screen or interview

Littleg
21st Jun 2017, 06:48
Hey guys!
Finally got my golden call today!
After a whole year! Haha.
Starting ground school in Sydney July 12th. Anyone with me?!
So excited and good luck to everyone else! Patience is key!

sdl25
21st Jun 2017, 08:50
Hey guys!

Congratulations Littleg!! How exciting! You must be feeling ecstatic (and relieved) 😊

I'm still waiting to hear anything, I did my medical almost a month ago. Fingers crossed the rest of us hear something by the end of the week!

Goggle
21st Jun 2017, 09:20
Hey guys!
Amazing. Well done

alex.s
21st Jun 2017, 09:21
Has your status on workday changed. Mine still states assessment. Some have changed to screen or interview

I'm still 'In Progress' there was a glitch and I couldn't get into my QF Workday account, so I had to make a new one. They're aware of it. Just means I have no idea where I'm at!

skyhigh_7
21st Jun 2017, 10:02
Hey guys!

Yay! Amazing! Congratulations 😃

Watto22
21st Jun 2017, 12:34
Hey guys!
Hey Congrats Littleg,
That's great, enjoy ground school and flying.
Just wondering what your experience was with the Medical? Was yours also very thorough and a full "physical: with 2 hours of testing?

Wishingstar
21st Jun 2017, 15:14
Hey guys!

OMG me too!! Woooo I'm so happy for us! I literally cried and screamed when I hung up

B767300x
22nd Jun 2017, 00:08
Congrats on the calls folks!

were you both external?

Goggle
22nd Jun 2017, 02:10
Congrats on the calls folks!

were you both external?

Think they were external. Internals stilllll waiting

sdl25
22nd Jun 2017, 05:46
Hi All!!

I am super dooper excited to inform you all that I just received my golden call! I start on July 12! 😀😀😀

To all of you still waiting good luck! And I hope you hear something soon! 😊

Goggle
22nd Jun 2017, 06:54
Hi All!!

I am super dooper excited to inform you all that I just received my golden call! I start on July 12! 😀😀😀

To all of you still waiting good luck! And I hope you hear something soon! 😊
Well done thats exciting

Goggle
22nd Jun 2017, 06:55
Any internals update. Im sure someones heard something by now

Flyinghigh10
22nd Jun 2017, 08:59
Any internals update. Im sure someones heard something by now

Just wait, I think it's all waiting on when the fwc approves the new eba, they've just taken VRs so I'm sure they're working out spots

Goggle
22nd Jun 2017, 10:40
Just wait, I think it's all waiting on when the fwc approves the new eba, they've just taken VRs so I'm sure they're working out spots

Awesome thanks

Whats vrs

Flyinghigh10
22nd Jun 2017, 12:54
Awesome thanks

Whats vrs

Volunteer redundancy for qal

Cavelle
22nd Jun 2017, 21:45
Hey, externals from the first Mel assessment days have started receiving the background check emails.

Wes11
23rd Jun 2017, 00:41
Hey guys!

I got the golden call yesterday morning that I will join in you, Wishingstar and Sdl25 for Sydney ground school.. The year-long waiting finally ended...

FYI, I'm internal.... the only deference between internal and external is that internal don't have to do security clearance... That's my experience.. Tho I'm ground crew atm. Do not know flying crew can wavier the medical or not...

B767300x
23rd Jun 2017, 01:11
Thats good news :) congrats - Best of my knowledge, is that internal ( cabin crew) that we dont do security checks and medical as we are already capable to fly.

I'm guessing with ground crew to cabin - you would be joining the externals as you haven't actually flown yet, so you do the entire 7 weeks or so.

For current cabin crew ( qf mainline trained) its a simple conversion which would entail a initial a380 + 787 eps and door training, plus service training update - total duration 10 days.

****I'm internal cabin crew with workday status " Interview" ****

Cavelle
23rd Jun 2017, 01:37
Is that the stage after Xref? I'm from that AD but haven't recieved an email 😢 Oh no.

Hey natblue,
Yeah it's the stage after Xref.. remember no news is good news and they have so many applications to get through I'm sure they will send yours soon!

skyisthelimit123
23rd Jun 2017, 01:46
Do any internals here still have in progress on their workday? It's been about 6 weeks since my interview. Hoping no news is good news!

Goggle
23rd Jun 2017, 01:50
Thats good news :) congrats - Best of my knowledge, is that internal ( cabin crew) that we dont do security checks and medical as we are already capable to fly.

I'm guessing with ground crew to cabin - you would be joining the externals as you haven't actually flown yet, so you do the entire 7 weeks or so.

For current cabin crew ( qf mainline trained) its a simple conversion which would entail a initial a380 + 787 eps and door training, plus service training update - total duration 10 days.

****I'm internal cabin crew with workday status " Interview" ****

With your status does that mean the next step for you be yes or no ?

B767300x
23rd Jun 2017, 04:05
I guess so, goggle

Goggle
23rd Jun 2017, 12:37
Do any internals here still have in progress on their workday? It's been about 6 weeks since my interview. Hoping no news is good news!

Yes they do

B767300x
23rd Jun 2017, 17:32
If you logged into the "external" workday, it shows my status as complete.

On the "internal" workday it shows interview.

Goggle
23rd Jun 2017, 21:01
If you logged into the "external" workday, it shows my status as complete.

On the "internal" workday it shows interview.
Interesting

Angelcharliefox
24th Jun 2017, 09:25

Yes, mine still says that as well.

Flyingsyd
26th Jun 2017, 02:41
Hello all !

Congrats to the people joining GSs next month so exciting!

My question is , has anyone from SYD ADs in June 17 gone to security yet? I know of 3 people who have and a lot of us who haven't... it's difficult to get references from VA management ( their policy says they can't reference ) possibility I'll be unsuccessful due to that ?

Flyj23
26th Jun 2017, 10:38
Hi there!
I couldn't get a reference either as Emirates have the same policy. I emailed the recruiters and reminded them of this and provided two others from different employers. I'm only at medical stage now but I do believe that they'll be understanding as they are aware of these policies. Goodluck :)
Hello all !

Congrats to the people joining GSs next month so exciting!

My question is , has anyone from SYD ADs in June 17 gone to security yet? I know of 3 people who have and a lot of us who haven't... it's difficult to get references from VA management ( their policy says they can't reference ) possibility I'll be unsuccessful due to that ?

Flyingsyd
26th Jun 2017, 21:39
Hi there!
I couldn't get a reference either as Emirates have the same policy. I emailed the recruiters and reminded them of this and provided two others from different employers. I'm only at medical stage now but I do believe that they'll be understanding as they are aware of these policies. Goodluck :)

Hi !!! Thanks for your response, which AD were you in ? It's really all over the place no one knows how it's going to happen or what the next move is 😱😱

Elljack
27th Jun 2017, 03:49
Hi
I'm attending the July 6 AD in Sydney, just a question, where do you upload your water competency form to? I've looked on workday but can't seem to find where I can upload it? Or do I just take it on the day? Thanks.

Flyj23
27th Jun 2017, 06:07
Hi !!! Thanks for your response, which AD were you in ? It's really all over the place no one knows how it's going to happen or what the next move is 😱😱
I applied in May 2016 and I completed the medical about a month go. It's been a loooong process

skyhigh_7
29th Jun 2017, 03:29
Hey everyone! Just a little update - I recieved my Golden Call today for Melbourne base. Start date 26th July 🎉 Couldn't be happier! Hopefully I'll be meeting some of you in person very soon. Good luck and fingers crossed for all of you still waiting xx

Elljack
29th Jun 2017, 03:42
Hello!
I'm attending the July 6 AD in Sydney and wanted to ask with the water competency form does that need to be uploaded (I looked on workday but can't see where I would do this) or just bring it to the actual day. Thanks in advance!

Lish10
29th Jun 2017, 03:53
Hey everyone! Just a little update - I recieved my Golden Call today for Melbourne base. Start date 26th July 🎉 Couldn't be happier! Hopefully I'll be meeting some of you in person very soon. Good luck and fingers crossed for all of you still waiting xx

See you there!!! Xxx

Flyj23
29th Jun 2017, 04:59

Congratulations! I got the call too! Can't wait :)

B767300x
29th Jun 2017, 05:48
Great News! What fleet are you joining? x

Reach High
29th Jun 2017, 07:19
A friend of mine who applied externally in May 17 has just been invited to AD

skyhigh_7
29th Jun 2017, 07:53
Congratulations! I got the call too! Can't wait :)

Yay! See you there 😃🎉

skyhigh_7
29th Jun 2017, 07:59
Great News! What fleet are you joining? x

Thank you! We're not sure, they didn't know and said we will find out on the first day of training 😬 Exciting times! Not sure if anyone has heard through the grapevine what it will be?!

LJflyer
29th Jun 2017, 08:32
Thank you! We're not sure, they didn't know and said we will find out on the first day of training 😬 Exciting times! Not sure if anyone has heard through the grapevine what it will be?!

Are you external or internal?

Flyj23
29th Jun 2017, 10:05
Hi everyone,

I know this question has been asked many times before but I can't seem to find a clear answer about the pay.
Is the definitely a flying hourly allowance on top of the base pay?
Also, does anyone have a vague idea of the layover allowances? I understand they vary depending on port and timings but would it be safe to say we could expect about $100aud for every 24hr layover?
Thanks in advance :)
Congrats again to everyone who scored a golden call and goodluck to all the hopefuls in the process

Flyinghigh10
29th Jun 2017, 11:06
Hi everyone,

I know this question has been asked many times before but I can't seem to find a clear answer about the pay.
Is the definitely a flying hourly allowance on top of the base pay?
Also, does anyone have a vague idea of the layover allowances? I understand they vary depending on port and timings but would it be safe to say we could expect about $100aud for every 24hr layover?
Thanks in advance :)
Congrats again to everyone who scored a golden call and goodluck to all the hopefuls in the process

Zero flying allowance
Average 200aud a night

skyhigh_7
29th Jun 2017, 11:09
Are you external or internal?

External, applied in May 2016 :)

Flyj23
29th Jun 2017, 11:10
Zero flying allowance
Average 200aud a night

Thank you so much!

aueb
30th Jun 2017, 05:49
Hi
I'm attending the July 6 AD in Sydney, just a question, where do you upload your water competency form to? I've looked on workday but can't seem to find where I can upload it? Or do I just take it on the day? Thanks.

Bring it with you on the day.

Good luck!

B767300x
30th Jun 2017, 07:13
Internal update - Mam to qcca yes calls started today.

crewflyer
30th Jun 2017, 07:24
Internal update - Mam to qcca yes calls started today.

Good luck to all the internals who are waiting to hear and congratulations to those that have got the call today.

sdl25
30th Jun 2017, 20:48
Has anyone from ADs this month heard anything after submitting background checks? Mine was submitted a week ago and it says it still hasn't been received by crimcheck - external application.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi Natblue,

If it hasn't be received by crimcheck after a week I would call ID services, there could be an IT issue.
Mine had been received by crimcheck the next day but not by auscheck and I waited a couple of weeks thinking it was normal, I called them up to check and there was an IT issue.

Good luck!