PDA

View Full Version : Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

poppyseed
5th Jun 2016, 05:27
Hey Em- I think we might be in the same position. My application has been on hold since Nov last year and I got a phone call saying to keep an eye out for an email inviting me to a recruitment day and video interview. Was your call the same? They sent me an email on Friday just gone but it only said that they would be in contact with interview information in the next couple of weeks.

QF2015
5th Jun 2016, 07:04
Hey Em- I think we might be in the same position. My application has been on hold since Nov last year and I got a phone call saying to keep an eye out for an email inviting me to a recruitment day and video interview. Was your call the same? They sent me an email on Friday just gone but it only said that they would be in contact with interview information in the next couple of weeks.
Hey poppyseed/emily92.
Sounds like you guys had similar calls. The call i had was just to clarify some info. Im also on hold but I'm an internal applicant. I just wondering why you would be invited to another recruitment day & video interview?. Applications remain current for 12 months when on the active hold list. Did they say why you had to interview again?. :)

poppyseed
5th Jun 2016, 08:01
I'm not sure about Em, but my application is on hold because I couldn't attend the recruitment day due to it filling up prior to me registering. I did the video interview at the time but when I spoke to recruitment they said I'd get another invite for it. They seem to have so many people on hold, I'm surprised they're doing another recruitment day- not that I'm complaining, it works out for me!

QF2015
5th Jun 2016, 09:18
I'm not sure about Em, but my application is on hold because I couldn't attend the recruitment day due to it filling up prior to me registering. I did the video interview at the time but when I spoke to recruitment they said I'd get another invite for it. They seem to have so many people on hold, I'm surprised they're doing another recruitment day- not that I'm complaining, it works out for me!
Ok, I understand. That actually makes perfect sense now. The BNE ground school is in July I'm told. I would think they have contacted you because the school isn't full and they did not open BNE as a preference this last recruitment round but would have previous applicants still on hold. Hopefully we will all receive our confirmed starting date once you guys have completed the recruitment process. Good Luck :)

poppyseed
5th Jun 2016, 10:01
Yes, exactly! I'm hoping there's plenty of places for us all. There's someone in the thread that has their confirmed date for Brisbane base as 25 July. Just got to play the waiting game now. Keep us updated! :)

QF2015
5th Jun 2016, 10:55
Yes, exactly! I'm hoping there's plenty of places for us all. There's someone in the thread that has their confirmed date for Brisbane base as 25 July. Just got to play the waiting game now. Keep us updated! :)
I posted that. That date is not confirmed just what I've been told. Everyone in the ground school will be told at the same time. Will do, you too. :)

sjg747
7th Jun 2016, 05:03
thanks so much ilovetofly. Now we just wait! good luck everyone

flyingmeow
9th Jun 2016, 05:54
Any news on the MEL base? :ugh:

Croissant2016
9th Jun 2016, 13:31
i've heard nothing since submitting my video interview over a week ago. no news is good news though i spose but the wait is awful

flyingmeow
9th Jun 2016, 14:56
did you apply for MEL base? I didn't even get to do the video interview so i guess i have no chance :8

Croissant2016
10th Jun 2016, 06:29
did you apply for MEL base? I didn't even get to do the video interview so i guess i have no chance :8

No I applied for SYD but I'm an internal applicant- from what I can peice together- internals were contacted and asked to do a video interview (skipping assessment day) and I don't know if any externals that have been contacted at all (and I know a few) so I am thinking it's likely that they haven't done anything at all about externals yet

EKrew
11th Jun 2016, 11:48
Hi all

Got invited today for an assessment in SYD 15/16/17 June.
Anyone else?

emily92
12th Jun 2016, 03:06
Hi eveyone, thanks for your replies
Yes I get a email saying they will be in contact within the few weeks for the next stage of recruitment.
I was the same back in November, I got the emails for video interview but because all spots filled up quickly I haven't done the video yet
Fingers crossed the emails come soon :-)

cc2014
13th Jun 2016, 11:01
Hi all,

Anyone in the 25th July intake for BNE groundschool? I got my golden call and can't wait to start 😃 😃

Nothinbutthegirl
14th Jun 2016, 04:33
Hi Guys. I applied (external candidate) for long haul syd/mel, had phone interview 2 weeks ago and got told I'd be get an assessment day email by 10th Jun. I still haven't received anything, have you? Anyone else?

Croissant2016
14th Jun 2016, 09:14
Hi Guys. I applied (external candidate) for long haul syd/mel, had phone interview 2 weeks ago and got told I'd be get an assessment day email by 10th Jun. I still haven't received anything, have you? Anyone else?
Hi did you apply in the previous recruitment round or the one that closed end of May this year?

emily92
14th Jun 2016, 12:42
Hey guys
Is anyone going to Syd assessment day Friday

QF2015
14th Jun 2016, 22:12
Hi guys, Any other internal applicants for BNE QCCA here?. Wondering if we will be included in the July 25th ground school? 😁

cc2014
15th Jun 2016, 04:27
Got the golden phone call yesterday for July 25 ground school for Brisbane Base. It's been a long time waiting, but soon I will be doing what I have dreamt about for many years. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear about ground schools in Brisbane or Sydney.

Hey iluvtofly,

Congrats on getting the golden call. I got mine last week as well is all to exciting 😊 Have you received your contract yet?

Nothinbutthegirl
15th Jun 2016, 22:35
Finally heard back yay! Assessment day in Sydney tomorrow, wish me luck!

emily92
16th Jun 2016, 01:44
Hi nothingbutthegirl

Immgoing to the interview tomorrow too :-)

Hopefulharry
16th Jun 2016, 03:26
Hi emily92,
When did you apply? I applied for long haul Qantas, Sydney base in the most recent round of applications (which closed on May 22). Just wondering if you had applied at the same time? Wondering if not hearing yet means bad news!
Thanks and good luck with your assessment day!

Hopefulharry
16th Jun 2016, 03:45
Hi all!
Firstly wishing you all luck for whatever stage of the process you are in. I am interested to hear from external applicants who applied in the recent intake (applications closed May 22 I believe) for the Sydney base. I have not heard anything yet other than the confirmation email to say that my application was received. Just getting anxious that I hadn't received any word and wanted to see who else had applied and what you all had heard!
Thank you and, again, good luck!

Hopefulharry
17th Jun 2016, 04:18
Hi Kevin,
It seems from some of my responses, that the people going to this coming assessment day, applied last year. I guess it could be some time before we hear anything!
Good luck and keep us updated here!

chicka
17th Jun 2016, 05:57
Hi everyone, I'm am in the same boat as Kevin and the rest who applied in the last application round closing in May, I also have not heard anything. I am wondering if they are working off exisiting applications before they start with the new ones. from what I can see on here it could be possible that's what they are doing 😊Hi everyone ,
This is the first time I have ever applied for cabin crew position with QF , I am an external applicant and I applied for long haul Sydney based. I think I am on the same boat with Harry as I have not heard anything from Qantas since I lodged my application online ( no email or phone calls ). I am keeping my hope up as I know there are lots of applications I reckon. My Qantas friend told me that there is assessment day tomorrow . I am a bit worried and anxious as well because I am not sure when I will get a reply from Qantas . I wish everyone who is going to tomorrow's assessment day best of luck. If anyone is on the same boat and still waiting to hear from Qantas , I would love to chat more and perhaps make friends . Thanks Kevin

chicka
17th Jun 2016, 07:04
Wow after posting my last response I received an email this afternoon requesting a video interview, wow I'm so excited. Goodluck to everyone else waiting to hear :-)

flyingmeow
17th Jun 2016, 07:04
Woot woot, just got an email asking me to do the video interview, wish me luck!

Mn64
17th Jun 2016, 07:15
Wow after posting my last response I received an email this afternoon requesting a video interview, wow I'm so excited. Goodluck to everyone else waiting to hear :-)
Good luck with it! When is it due by, and did you get the other emails for an assessment day and psych test?

chicka
17th Jun 2016, 07:46
Thanks :-) I have to complete the interview within the next 3 days but it says to complete it as soon as possible, I haven't received any other emails, this is the first one :-)

Good luck with it! When is it due by, and did you get the other emails for an assessment day and psych test?

Hopefulharry
17th Jun 2016, 12:04
I applied in May when positions were advertised (closed May 220. Received an email today, requesting a video interview! Very hopeful! Video interview should happen this weekend. So excited!

iluvtofly
20th Jun 2016, 02:03
Hey iluvtofly,

Congrats on getting the golden call. I got mine last week as well is all to exciting 😊 Have you received your contract yet?

Yes, got contract signed and sent off. Exciting days ahead...

chicka
20th Jun 2016, 02:04
Kevin that is awesome congrats :-) I did my video interview last night, it was recorded, I had to answer 6 questions, all about strengths. It was a little nerve-racking at the beginning but by the 3rd question I seemed to find my groove with it. Fingers crossed we all make it to the next stage :-)

emily92
20th Jun 2016, 07:04
Has anyone who went to the assessment day in Sydney on 17 of June, heard anything yet?

BNEJarryd
20th Jun 2016, 10:52
Hi Everyone! I just discovered this site, I recently applied for SYD/MEL (MEL prefered) LH and as I can see we all got an email for the video interview last week. Does anyone remember any of the questions? I'm planning on doing mine tonight

chicka
21st Jun 2016, 01:02
Kevin I'm sure your interview was great :) yes I'm in Sydney what about your self? yeah it's pretty cool that some people have received the golden call, I think a lot of them attended recruitment days and did video interviews late last year and beginning this year. Fingers crossed our day will come to receive that magic phone call :)

It seems like some lucky future QF cabin crew got the golden call here already. I wish I were in that position. It would mean the world to me to become
Cabin crew . I think you did the video interview much better than me chicka :) . I think nerve got the better of me but I tried my best so now it is up to luck . I hope I somehow impressed the recruiter :) . You in Sydney ?

KAAATE
21st Jun 2016, 12:32
Hey guys!
I completed my video interview yesterday (Monday), nothing has been mentioned about a recruitment day. Does anyone know what their process is? Will they choose people from the video interviews to attend recruitment days? And how long after the video interview did people hear back? I have flown domestically for Qantas previously as a MAM casual, but haven't been flying for about 2 years now. Really hoping to get back into it!
Have any of you MEL based applicants been to a recruitment day recently, or heard anything about it? Just seems weird that they would do a video interview without even mentioning a recruitment day! Any info would be fab :)

Croissant2016
21st Jun 2016, 18:00
I think the next step as an external is def assessment day but the whole process is very slow-there is only one person running it all. They won't watch the videos until after assessment day but they prob won't invite you to one unless you have done the vid interview and they get the manpower organised to be there for the assessment day

KAAATE
21st Jun 2016, 23:03
I think the next step as an external is def assessment day but the whole process is very slow-there is only one person running it all. They won't watch the videos until after assessment day but they prob won't invite you to one unless you have done the vid interview and they get the manpower organised to be there for the assessment day

I'm not so sure. The email I received after I completed my video interview said after watching my video, if they wanted to know more about me they would organise a face to face. Not sure if by face to face they mean group interview or a one on one..

chicka
22nd Jun 2016, 02:43
so excited just received an email about an assessment day on the 6th July. so now all I have to do is my water competency test am I am set for the day YAY so excited :)

Mn64
22nd Jun 2016, 02:47
so excited just received an email about an assessment day on the 6th July. so now all I have to do is my water competency test am I am set for the day YAY so excited :)

Congrats, and good luck! Good on you for being so organised ;) can I ask, was the email a link to book, or something else?

chicka
22nd Jun 2016, 03:31
Hi Mn64 thanks :) yes it was a link in an email, once I clicked on the link I had to log into Taleo and then it came up with the schedule to book in, they have also sent the link to the hogan assessment which is the personality profile program.

PlaneSilly
22nd Jun 2016, 04:02
Hi. Has anyone else had trouble booking a spot at the assessment says?

KAAATE
22nd Jun 2016, 04:08
I can get into Taleo, but the screen I initially got is different now. According to the system, I have no invitation and there is no option to pick an assessment centre. Did you book an spot and then cancel? Because I did, and then I tried to reschedule and it just isn't working. What's the issue you've got?

From my own previous experience I think there are only certain amounts of spots available for recruitment days. So by the time you cancel your appointment and go to rebook all spots are taken already. I think that's likely to be the problem you're experiencing.

Hopefulharry
22nd Jun 2016, 05:27
Had a moment of panic after I went in to book my assessment day spot and something went wrong. Went straight back in and it was showing no available spaces. I thought I had lost out but kept trying over and over! On about the 12th try the available spaces showed again and I was able to lock in a time!
For those of you headed to the AD in Sydney on July 6 ... see you there!

chicka
22nd Jun 2016, 05:31
Planesilly, I didn't have an issue, I clicked on the link and it went straight through to Taleo once I logged in I selected the schedule appointment tab and it came up with 2 options one for MEL for tomorrow and 2 options for SYD on the 6th July a 930am session and a 1330 session.

chicka
22nd Jun 2016, 07:15
Had a moment of panic after I went in to book my assessment day spot and something went wrong. Went straight back in and it was showing no available spaces. I thought I had lost out but kept trying over and over! On about the 12th try the available spaces showed again and I was able to lock in a time!
For those of you headed to the AD in Sydney on July 6 ... see you there!
Congrats Hopefulharry I will see you on the 6th :)

Wishingstar
22nd Jun 2016, 10:17
Hey guys :) I applied externally in May and had my video interview a few days ago, and I see people are getting invites to the AD in July. I haven't heard anything back yet and am just curious has anybody or does anybody know anyone that's received unsuccessful emails yet? Just trying to figure out if there's still hope from not hearing back yet xD

KAAATE
22nd Jun 2016, 11:40
Anyone attending the AD in MEL tomorrow from the applications that closed on the 22nd of May? I haven't heard anything about an assessment day yet :(

P's cousin
22nd Jun 2016, 14:46
Hi!

To those who were successful in AD, in your opinion what do you think they were looking for in applicants on the AD, and what do you think set you apart from those who didn't progress?

I attended MEL AD yesterday and am suffering from a typical post interview anxiety!! I know asking this question won't make any difference to my application but!! :)

Thank you and good luck to all :)

iluvtofly
23rd Jun 2016, 00:30
On my AD in Brisbane these are the things that I did and I was successful:

- Polite and engaging to everyone
- Was assertive during group activities, but made sure everyone was included
- Exceptional personal grooming and presentation
- I took notes throughout the presentation and remembered and called the Qantas staff by their names.

Hope this helps anyone else looking to do an AD soon, best of luck

Croissant2016
23rd Jun 2016, 02:17

- I took notes throughout the presentation and remembered and called the Qantas staff by their names.

This is great advice!

P's cousin
23rd Jun 2016, 02:20

Hi there iluvtofly,
Thank you for your reply! Congratulations :)
Good luck to all.

Croissant2016
23rd Jun 2016, 02:23
Did any other internals who completed the video interview about 2-3 weeks ago receive any communication from QF since submitting the video interview? I got an email a week ago apologising that it was taking so long and that they are reviewing videos and contacting our managers for references but I don't know if that means I'm on to next step or still could get a no for the video. Anyone else get a simmilar email?

hmmm_wondering
23rd Jun 2016, 11:59
Did any other internals who completed the video interview about 2-3 weeks ago receive any communication from QF since submitting the video interview? I got an email a week ago apologising that it was taking so long and that they are reviewing videos and contacting our managers for references but I don't know if that means I'm on to next step or still could get a no for the video. Anyone else get a simmilar email?

Hey Croissant2016,

I'm in the same boat as you. I got that same email last week and tonight a friend of mine got another email to say that they can expect an outcome by the end of next week. I didn't get that email...😢

Moniquelee
23rd Jun 2016, 23:10
Hey guys!
I completed my video interview yesterday (Monday), nothing has been mentioned about a recruitment day. Does anyone know what their process is? Will they choose people from the video interviews to attend recruitment days? And how long after the video interview did people hear back? I have flown domestically for Qantas previously as a MAM casual, but haven't been flying for about 2 years now. Really hoping to get back into it!
Have any of you MEL based applicants been to a recruitment day recently, or heard anything about it? Just seems weird that they would do a video interview without even mentioning a recruitment day! Any info would be fab :)

Hi Kaate, I am in the same boat as you, I have applied for the Melbourne base in May this year and completed my video interview last weekend but haven't heard back anything since. Just an email advising that they would review the video and get back to me shortly regarding a face to face interview. I haven't heard anything about an assessment day or anything. I also worked as cabin crew a few years ago for Emirates. I really hope we hear back soon!!

Croissant2016
24th Jun 2016, 05:41
Hey Croissant2016,

I'm in the same boat as you. I got that same email last week and tonight a friend of mine got another email to say that they can expect an outcome by the end of next week. I didn't get that email...😢
Really?! I didn't get one either! I hope it dosent mean anything bad! 😫😫

hmmm_wondering
24th Jun 2016, 05:55
Really?! I didn't get one either! I hope it dosent mean anything bad! 😫😫
Me too... :(

KAAATE
24th Jun 2016, 10:01
Hi everyone,
Congrats on people that are going to AD, I am external applicant and I finished my video interview last Sunday afternoon . I am a bit anxious that I have not heard or received any email about AD . I read some of the comments and quite a lucky few have already received that email and booked in a spot for AD . Is there anyone on here that still waiting to hear from QF about assessment day after the video interview ?
Thanks xx
Kev

Yep! I applied for MEL base and still waiting. I also have a friend that applied for SYD and he is still waiting aswell :(

Wishingstar
24th Jun 2016, 10:14
I'm on the same boat as you and Kate, I applied for SYD base and haven't heard anything back either and I have a few friends who haven't heard back either! Sooo much anxiety!

P's cousin
24th Jun 2016, 10:30
Hi all!

Does anyone know how much Cabin Crews clear avg fortnightly in the first year with QCCA including allowances - in AD they said the base is approx 41K.

Thanks for any info and good luck everyone :)

Croissant2016
24th Jun 2016, 13:04
Hi all!

Does anyone know how much Cabin Crews clear avg fortnightly in the first year with QCCA including allowances - in AD they said the base is approx 41K.

It's about $1800 f/n after tax not including allowances. Could come home with about $200 cash each trip if you save it/spend it super wisely.

Could go as low as $1300 though.

KAAATE
25th Jun 2016, 00:35
Hi all!

A friend of mine in MEL said she usually clears about $2000 f/n including allowances. It just depends on what trips you do. She usually will do 4 days on 4 days off, but I also have a friend that is SYD based and she will sometimes get 11 days off in a row. The flying and hours can also vary from base to base.

Dinc D Princ
25th Jun 2016, 08:03
To Kevin, KAAATE, Wishingstar, Moniquelee...
Same here, guys. Applied 22'nd May for Syd base, flew for EK for 7yrs (resigned just a few months back), did my interview a week ago (Saturday) and heard nothing back. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/Just_Cuz_06.gif

KAAATE
26th Jun 2016, 09:02
Here's to another anxious waiting week ahead haha :}

chicka
27th Jun 2016, 10:13
Hey everyone, just wondering to those who have been able to get into the booking system, what dates and times are they offering? I keep getting emails to book a time, but I can't see any times available :/

When I received the email, I had one day for Sydney and 2 dates for Melbourne, available. I am Syd based so I booked in for the 6th Jul, hope that helps 😊

KAAATE
27th Jun 2016, 10:19
Any MEL based peeps still waiting to hear about AD?

Moniquelee
27th Jun 2016, 11:53
Any MEL based peeps still waiting to hear about AD?

Hey Kate, yes I am still waiting.. hopefully we hear back soon!! 😊

chicka
28th Jun 2016, 01:12
Hey everyone, is anyone attending the 930am session on wed the 6th in Sydney?

Croissant2016
28th Jun 2016, 04:01
Any internals who were told they would hear the outcome this week had their references checked yet?

cc123
28th Jun 2016, 07:51
Hi all! Massive apologies I haven't kept up with this, I had trouble logging in for quite a long time.
Firstly I wish everyone the best of luck. I hope it all works out for us!

I am internal and applied for MEL based long haul (closing on 22nd), and have completed my video now. My manager told me they had completed my reference a while ago now, not sure if HR have read it yet though. Since my video, I have received 2 updates from SHR, basically to let me know they will update me at the end of this week with an outcome or next steps. I'm not sure if this is just the recruitment team keeping us updated, hopefully it is a good sign, fingers are crossed!

Does anybody here know if internal rejections have been sent? Or know if this sounds like a good sign/in the same position as me?

@Dinc D Princ - I have heard no news is good! I know two externals in SYD who got a rejection the next day after the assessment day. I think it's a good sign for you for sure!
@Moniquelee - I think it's such a massive recruitment that it's taking a long time to contact everyone, hang in there :(

I guess it's the waiting game now -- I wish you all the best :D

KAAATE
28th Jun 2016, 08:55
Hey Kate, yes I am still waiting.. hopefully we hear back soon!! 😊

Good to know I'm not the only one! I just hate this waiting around :(

hmmm_wondering
28th Jun 2016, 09:06
Hi all! Massive apologies I haven't kept up with this, I had trouble logging in for quite a long time.

I am internal and applied for MEL based long haul (closing on 22nd), and have completed my video now. My manager told me they had completed my reference a while ago now, not sure if HR have read it yet though. Since my video, I have received 2 updates from SHR, basically to let me know they will update me at the end of this week with an outcome or next steps. I'm not sure if this is just the recruitment team keeping us updated, hopefully it is a good sign, fingers are crossed!

Does anybody here know if internal rejections have been sent? Or know if this sounds like a good sign/in the same position as me?

@Dinc D Princ - I have heard no news is good! I know two externals in SYD who got a rejection the next day after the assessment day. I think it's a good sign for you for sure!
@Moniquelee - I think it's such a massive recruitment that it's taking a long time to contact everyone, hang in there :(

Hey cc123,

Same as you except I only received the first update. I've heard of one internal that got a no after her video but not sure how reliable that is.

I'm not sure if only receiving the first update is a bad sign?

Good luck.

wing it
28th Jun 2016, 11:21
Hey CC123,
I heard some internals got 'No' emails last week. I believe they are attending to each application in the order as they came in....So if you applied just before the recruitment closed, you will be one of the last to hear.
Good luck, to everyone, they had lots of applicants.

P's cousin
28th Jun 2016, 16:48
It's about $1800 f/n after tax not including allowances. Could come home with about $200 cash each trip if you save it/spend it super wisely.

Could go as low as $1300 though.

Hey Croissant2016, appreciate your reply!

Question to those who are in the know - If you have progressed to the reference check stage, and they liked what they heard about you, does it mean you are pretty much "in" provided you don't have any issues with the security / medical checks??

They just called my reference today and I'm not sure what to feel, excited and happy or anxious?!

Croissant2016
28th Jun 2016, 17:28
Hey Croissant2016, appreciate your reply!

Question to those who are in the know - If you have progressed to the reference check stage, and they liked what they heard about you, does it mean you are pretty much "in" provided you don't have any issues with the security / medical checks??

They just called my reference today and I'm not sure what to feel, excited and happy or anxious?!

I'd be excited/happy and would think you are *pretty much* through? Surely? We've got this far without a rejection!

P's cousin
28th Jun 2016, 17:39
I'd be excited/happy and would think you are *pretty much* through? Surely? We've got this far without a rejection!

True! Fingers crossed...I'm being selective about who to tell(friends/family) at this point about my progress, a bit like finding out you are pregnant but having to wait until more stable haha! Good luck to all

Croissant2016
28th Jun 2016, 17:43
True! Fingers crossed...I'm being selective about who to tell(friends/family) at this point about my progress, a bit like finding out you are pregnant but having to wait until more stable haha! Good luck to all

Agree- especially work people.. I'm the same. I just sent you a PM.

hmmm_wondering
28th Jun 2016, 21:01

I received the first update only, not the second one so I'm not sure what to think of that. However, my references have been checked so it's all very confusing at this point.

KAAATE
29th Jun 2016, 02:29
Group assessment booked for July 13th in MEL.. Anyone else? 😄

KAAATE
29th Jun 2016, 05:20
Can anyone that has already been to their AD tell me - Did they say whether they had already watched videos or if they were watching them after the AD?

Croissant2016
29th Jun 2016, 05:31
Can anyone that has already been to their AD tell me - Did they say whether they had already watched videos or if they were watching them after the AD?

I know they normally only watch the videos of people they like at the assessment days otherwise it takes too long to get through the people

KAAATE
29th Jun 2016, 06:24
I know they normally only watch the videos of people they like at the assessment days otherwise it takes too long to get through the people

That's what I thought but weird that they asked me to do a video first and then told me I had 'progressed' to the group assessment :s

Croissant2016
29th Jun 2016, 07:10
That's what I thought but weird that they asked me to do a video first and then told me I had 'progressed' to the group assessment :s

Yeah who knows- perhaps they have more people on the recruitment team and they pre screened the videos to invite to assessment day this time

emily92
29th Jun 2016, 07:17
Did anyone go to the assessment day on 17 June in Sydney and not heard anything yet?
I've heard a few people have got through to reference checks a few days later

Croissant2016
29th Jun 2016, 09:04
Did anyone go to the assessment day on 17 June in Sydney and not heard anything yet?
I thought for external there was a panel interview? This is all so confusing

PMK
29th Jun 2016, 11:56
I went to the assessment day 23rd June - they told us they hadn't watched videos yet but would do so in the next couple of days and would advise us by Tuesday if we were successful to reference checks. I haven't heard anything. Anybody in same boat? I know people that have already advanced to reference checks.

Hellomeow
29th Jun 2016, 13:37

Hi Emily I went to AD on 16 Jun and I'm waiting on my ASIC now. my reference was checked last week and an email requesting background check was sent to me last wed.

Does anyone know anything about ground school starting dates for syd base at all?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

KAAATE
30th Jun 2016, 02:18
I thought for external there was a panel interview? This is all so confusing

They used to do panel interviews but the video interview has replaced that now

Moniquelee
30th Jun 2016, 10:19
Hi everyone ,
Is there anyone who is still waiting for the email invitation to AD ? I did my video interview almost 2 weeks ago and yet heard nothing since . Quite a few lucky bunch on here have got that email and locked in a spot for AD. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat with me right now just inbox me :(. The wait is torturing .

Hey Kevin, yes I am still waiting after doing my video interview nearly 2 weeks ago as well. The wait is painful 🙁

Moniquelee
30th Jun 2016, 10:41
Hi everyone ,
Is there anyone who is still waiting for the email invitation to AD ? I did my video interview almost 2 weeks ago and yet heard nothing since . Quite a few lucky bunch on here have got that email and locked in a spot for AD. Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat with me right now just inbox me :(. The wait is torturing .

Hey Kevin, yes I am still waiting after doing my video interview nearly 2 weeks ago as well. The wait is painful 🙁

hmmm_wondering
30th Jun 2016, 11:37
Have any internals been given an outcome yet?

Croissant2016
1st Jul 2016, 09:56
Nothing here. Glad I'm not alone!

QF2015
2nd Jul 2016, 03:58
Nothing here. Glad I'm not alone!

Do any of the internal applicants currently already fly on other aircraft?.

Croissant2016
2nd Jul 2016, 06:46
Do any of the internal applicants currently already fly on other aircraft?.

I'm currently flying within QF group

FlyingInFushia
3rd Jul 2016, 06:32
Hi Fellow QCCA Wannabees,
Anyone here attending Assessment Day in SYD this Thursday the 7th?
Looking forward to meeting some of You!
To those still waiting to hear my fingers are crossed for You and to those further into the
Process I wish You all the very best with Your New Career and Training.
Hi Kevin, I am an external applicant, and have previously flown for another Airline. Hope they get in contact with You soon xx

Wishingstar
3rd Jul 2016, 07:18
Hi lovely people ,
It's been two weeks now since I did the video interview and still waiting for email invitation to AD . I have no previous flying experience before . Just wondering if those ones that are going to AD next week have or had flying experience and the second group to AD for those ones without ? Anyone who is still waiting for AD email and have never been cabin crew before ?
I am currently flying and know of current flyers who still haven't heard back after the video interview either, hopefully we all hear back soon!

chicka
3rd Jul 2016, 09:32
Kevin I have previously flown. For everyone still waiting hear hang in there I know how frustrating it can be, but have faith, and it believe enough your dreams will come true :)
Hi lovely people ,
It's been two weeks now since I did the video interview and still waiting for email invitation to AD . I have no previous flying experience before . Just wondering if those ones that are going to AD next week have or had flying experience and the second group to AD for those ones without ? Anyone who is still waiting for AD email and have never been cabin crew before ?

KAAATE
3rd Jul 2016, 13:22
Hi lovely people ,

I have flown domestically for Qantas in the past. My AD is on the 13th but I also have friends that have flown before still waiting for AD invitations. Plus I know of one other girl also attending the AD on the 13th and she has no previous flying experience. Unfortunately it's just a long process :( Hang in there, it will come! 😊

Il_mare349
3rd Jul 2016, 14:57
It seem like lots of people going AD on 13. I would be happy to get knowing friends from here. I am none - aviation experience.

Dinc D Princ
4th Jul 2016, 01:18
Dear Kevin, Moniquelee and Wishingstar...
I saw a post by PMK a few days back saying she recently attended the AD and was told that videos are being viewed after it.
That said, I believe you guys could not be rejected on any grounds. Even if the video was a catastrophe (and in all honesty, mine was quite questionable even with 7yrs of flying working in my favor. I just couldn't gather my thoughts together and get my 'groove' with that damn timer ticking in front of my face...)
I've never worked for QF, but apparently things move slowly here and I know I read a few posts from people saying they applied last November and are still not done with it all.
I have been invited to AD on the 7th and I promise you, I will ask about it.
That way you'll at least know if not hearing from them is normal and if there's a time limit.
I will post their response as soon as I reach home.
Hang on in there, not just the three of you, but ALL of you who are waiting for a response regardless of the recruitment stage.
Call me a loser but I would honestly love for everyone here to get that job 'cause you're not my competition, you're my colleagues and having worked among 27000 crew, I know that each and every person has different things to bring on the table and as a team we are complete.
It's not science physics, you learn as you go and each cabin needs different personalities.
I was so scared joining Emirates... Some amazing talented people showed up on our Open Day, I thought I could never be chosen. Some girls looked like models rocking that red lipstick. The entire time I thought I don't fit there 'cause everyone was talking make up and cool hang out places... I was more of a 'good book and a warm blanket' kinda girl.
But I got it!
Fast forward a few years later, I found out that Premium cabins prefer calm, more quiet crew. And I loved every minute of it!!!
Why am I saying this?
Because I know we're all good enough and would be a great piece of the puzzle, no matter how different we are.
Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead and never doubt yourself!
Maya

And for those of you coming to AD on the 7th, please do come and say Hi!
I'll be that one non-Aussie with a foreign accent just trying to survive this new adventure life had in store for me!
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/balloons.gif

#unitedbywings

cc123
4th Jul 2016, 17:10
Dear Kevin, Moniquelee and Wishingstar...
I saw a post by PMK a few days back saying she recently attended the AD and was told that videos are being viewed after it.
That said, I believe you guys could not be rejected on any grounds. Even if the video was a catastrophe (and in all honesty, mine was quite questionable even with 7yrs of flying working in my favor. I just couldn't gather my thoughts together and get my 'groove' with that damn timer ticking in front of my face...)
I've never worked for QF, but apparently things move slowly here and I know I read a few posts from people saying they applied last November and are still not done with it all.
I have been invited to AD on the 7th and I promise you, I will ask about it.
That way you'll at least know if not hearing from them is normal and if there's a time limit.
I will post their response as soon as I reach home.
Hang on in there, not just the three of you, but ALL of you who are waiting for a response regardless of the recruitment stage.
Call me a loser but I would honestly love for everyone here to get that job 'cause you're not my competition, you're my colleagues and having worked among 27000 crew, I know that each and every person has different things to bring on the table and as a team we are complete.
It's not science physics, you learn as you go and each cabin needs different personalities.
I was so scared joining Emirates... Some amazing talented people showed up on our Open Day, I thought I could never be chosen. Some girls looked like models rocking that red lipstick. The entire time I thought I don't fit there 'cause everyone was talking make up and cool hang out places... I was more of a 'good book and a warm blanket' kinda girl.
But I got it!
Fast forward a few years later, I found out that Premium cabins prefer calm, more quiet crew. And I loved every minute of it!!!
Why am I saying this?
Because I know we're all good enough and would be a great piece of the puzzle, no matter how different we are.
Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead and never doubt yourself!
Maya

And for those of you coming to AD on the 7th, please do come and say Hi!
I'll be that one non-Aussie with a foreign accent just trying to survive this new adventure life had in store for me!
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/balloons.gif

#unitedbywings

Oh my gosh you need to get in!! Totally agree with the above that we are more 'colleagues' than competition. Best mind set. I hope we personally fly together and are ALL successful with this recruitment. So glad people are around with this positive energy!! You go girl!

chicka
5th Jul 2016, 00:56
Dinc d Princ well said 👏 Everyone hang in there we all have equal chance of getting in flying experience or not and I totally understand the frustration of waiting to hear especially when this is your dream job. I am a huge believer in positive thinking and if you put the thought out there that you will succeed and continue to believe, amazing things will happen. Congratulations to everyone who has received and successfully gained an appointment to a AD, mine is tomorrow, so if there is anyone here going tomorrow I would love to meet you. If your still waiting hang in there it will happen you just have to believe it will, and fingers crossed for all of us that we get through and hopefully we can end up in the same ground school 😊

chicka
6th Jul 2016, 05:23
Hi Mn64, today's assessment was great, I did the 930am session. It went for 2.5hrs. They do an introduction organise your paperwork first up then you do a couple of group activities you have a short break and then back in for another group activity and then it's finished. They also did say that assessors were watching our videos today and we should expect to hear if we have made it through to the next round in the next couple of days or early next week. Good luck to everyone going tomorrow 😊

Hi all, hope those who did the assessment day today did well! Just wondering, what happens and how long does the event take? :)

Dinc D Princ
6th Jul 2016, 06:36
Hmm... just a quick question to the ones who went through this before.
My appointment is 13'30.
Got an e-mail today reminding me of it and confirming the time,
but it also says in the following:
'please ensure you're ready to start 9am sharp due to limited parking space in surrounding streets...'
Is that a typing error..?
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/89.gif

chicka
6th Jul 2016, 10:21
I think that is a generic message, as you would be sitting around for hours before gr session starts. I would aim to be there by 1300 the assesses love it when people are on time and early 😊
[/B]Hmm... just a quick question to the ones who went through this before.
My appointment is 13'30.
Got an e-mail today reminding me of it and confirming the time,
but it also says in the following:
'please ensure you're ready to start 9am sharp due to limited parking space in surrounding streets...'
Is that a typing error..?
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/89.gif

chicka
7th Jul 2016, 01:04
You very welcome 😊 Good luck today to everyone going to the 2 AD. I just received an email I have progressed to the next stage yay very exciting times . Good luck everyone and everyone else waiting to hear they are going to be having more recruitment days and ground schools starting every 2 weeks from August so I have heard so hang in there xoxo 😊
Thank you so much chicka, and all the best!! Please let us know how you go :)
I got the same email with the wrong time, but I just disregarded the time. Good luck to everyone tomorrow, and see you there :)

Mn64
7th Jul 2016, 01:27
You very welcome 😊 Good luck today to everyone going to the 2 AD. I just received an email I have progressed to the next stage yay very exciting times . Good luck everyone and everyone else waiting to hear they are going to be having more recruitment days and ground schools starting every 2 weeks from August so I have heard so hang in there xoxo 😊

Awesome news, congratulations!!!

hmmm_wondering
7th Jul 2016, 01:46
Internals - still no news??

wing it
7th Jul 2016, 02:32
As an internal application.... no news yet :(

Hopefulharry
7th Jul 2016, 03:25
Attended the AD yesterday, July 6 and this morning received an email to say that that I have progressed to the next stage and they are checking references! All very exciting!

Croissant2016
7th Jul 2016, 05:08
Internals - still no news??

Still waiting... Has any internal that was supposed to be told last week heard anything?

Hopefulharry
7th Jul 2016, 06:31
Congratulations Chicka! I also got the email today saying that I had progressed and that references were to be contacted. I was at the 9:30 am AD yesterday too. It was such a nice day and everyone was so lovely! Hoping that lots of others received good news today!

chicka
7th Jul 2016, 06:54
Thank you and congratulations to you to Hopefulharry. I wonder if we met yesterday? I was on Ian's table for the first activities then with Chris and Hannah for the second round.
Congratulations Chicka! I also got the email today saying that I had progressed and that references were to be contacted. I was at the 9:30 am AD yesterday too. It was such a nice day and everyone was so lovely! Hoping that lots of others received good news today!

Dinc D Princ
7th Jul 2016, 07:09
dear all,
as I posted before, my AD was this afternoon but due to a message saying to show up at 9am, I got a chance to stay for the morning session.
we had two group activities, paperwork collection, PA reading and a short break in between. a bunch of amazing, bubbly, happy people.
my assessors were amazing. so nice and calming. both a bit older with almost a father figure attitude, you know... like he's there to help you and guide you. really liked it. helps tremendously!
I still don't know the outcome, as I just finished a few hours ago, but I would like to congratulate the ones who do. well done!

as I promised before, I'm posting what I was told about the video interview and that is that it was being watched in the other room while we were doing the assessments.
hopefully that information gives a bit of ease to those still waiting to be contacted for the AD.
hope they contact you soon.
all the best!
M http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2lbkos0.gif

cc123
7th Jul 2016, 14:37
Still waiting... Has any internal that was supposed to be told last week heard anything?
Well done to everyone who just went to the assessment day and made it to the next round, woo!

Still no news for me either croissant2016. No updates since the email saying we'd be contacted last week with an outcome... :( any internals here received a rejection or any updates recently??

unique76
7th Jul 2016, 15:05
Group assessment booked for July 13th in MEL.. Anyone else? 😄
Hi, I am also booked for the 13th July in MEL 9.30am session. It would be good to meet up. What time are you booked in?

Sarah77
8th Jul 2016, 01:12
Wohoo finally received the email and have booked a Melbourne Assessment Day for Friday 15th 9:30am. Would be nice to meet up with people doing it also. Good luck to everyone and stay patient if you have not heard anything yet as I know it will be a long and ongoing process.:D

Croissant2016
8th Jul 2016, 01:21
Hey guys, I got the email this morning saying I had progressed! Can't believe it! At what point is a good time to hand in notice?

Hi! Congrats! Are you internal or external? Don't hand in notice until you get a definite job offer

Il_mare349
8th Jul 2016, 10:48
Hi i also booked on 13 of july at 9.30! Nice to see you too! So excited and nervous as same time!!

unique76
8th Jul 2016, 14:42
It is exciting and nerves. I love that we have this forum to keep us sane while we wait for news. Good luck with it all. It will be fun an a great experience.

Dinc D Princ
9th Jul 2016, 05:19
Hiya, did you get a response? I was at that one too, wonder if we crossed paths? I was at Carolyn's table, then Ben's :)
Hi! I did.
9am? We didn't meet, I believe.
I was the girl with the scarf. :8
But, now that I said that, there was just too many peeps to keep an eye on someone's accessories http://www.pic4ever.com/images/connie_1.gif

Congrats to you! It was a long wait for you, if I remember it well.
But, we're still only half way there.

Dinc D Princ
9th Jul 2016, 06:13
I forgot to write something...
We were told by the recruiters that the recruitment was for BOTH fleets, so the information that it's only for A380 is wrong.
( I remember I read it in someone's post a few weeks before)
The smaller amount will be A380, and the bigger amount of ppl will be Main Fleet. After years spent on A380, I'm super excited just thinking of the possibility of going back to Main fleet.

chicka
9th Jul 2016, 08:14
I don't think they have made any decisions yet what the new recruits will be for as they are currently assessing where they need crew, and there is no information yet as to what the split between A380 and mainline will be.

I forgot to write something...
We were told by the recruiters that the recruitment was for BOTH fleets, so the information that it's only for A380 is wrong.
( I remember I read it in someone's post a few weeks before)
The smaller amount will be A380, and the bigger amount of ppl will be Main Fleet. After years spent on A380, I'm super excited just thinking of the possibility of going back to Main fleet.

Il_mare349
9th Jul 2016, 13:51
Hi i am just wondering that a water competency certificate has to be summitted on AD or i can submit after pass AD process? Thank you for your assists!

Hopefulharry
9th Jul 2016, 22:56
The water competency certificate was requested at the AD on July 6 for me. They did, however, tell us not to be worried if you were missing something. It could be collected later. I think that it would be best to take it though. Things like RSA's and 1st Aid, that cost money, are probably OK to put off so that you don't outlay that expense until you are approved. It definitely looks good if you have everything that they require on your AD. Makes you look keen! :)

ON A SIDE NOTE .. any one from the July 6 AD had their references contacted? I received the email saying that I had been progressed to reference checks on Thursday but they haven't contacted them yet. Just curious!

Dinc D Princ
9th Jul 2016, 23:29
Hey, Chicka, I'm no expert, but I'm sure they know what they're doing by now.
Just shared with the group what was said during 'questions & answers' time.
Apparently there's a significantly smaller need for A380 crew due to limited destinations and limited number of aircrafts.
That's what we were told and I decided to share it just as an update to a post I've seen before. http://www.pic4ever.com/images/interview.gif
I don't really see how that would matter anyways at this stage to anyone here, as I'm sure we'd all love and enjoy both options and the opportunities they bring. http://yoursmiles.org/psmile/pilot/p0502.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/p-pilot.php)
Let's focus on being good team players and not spam the forum with what's irrelevant.
It's more important to be a support to the ones here still waiting to be called or e-mailed, internal or external.
We're all in the same boat here... and the ship has not yet sailed.
http://yoursmiles.org/psmile/profession/p0129.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/p-profession.php)

chicka
10th Jul 2016, 03:13
Dinc d Princ my apologies if you took offence to my post. The information I posted is from friends in head office ( I am ex Qantas) and the information they have shared is what I posted above. 😊 again I apologise if you took offence to my post.

chicka
10th Jul 2016, 03:15
Hi hopefulharry, I don't think mine have been contacted yet either 😊 Fingers crossed maybe this week 😊

The water competency certificate was requested at the AD on July 6 for me. They did, however, tell us not to be worried if you were missing something. It could be collected later. I think that it would be best to take it though. Things like RSA's and 1st Aid, that cost money, are probably OK to put off so that you don't outlay that expense until you are approved. It definitely looks good if you have everything that they require on your AD. Makes you look keen! :)

ON A SIDE NOTE .. any one from the July 6 AD had their references contacted? I received the email saying that I had been progressed to reference checks on Thursday but they haven't contacted them yet. Just curious!

Dinc D Princ
10th Jul 2016, 03:40
none taken, Chicka!
like I said, hope everyone gets it and if it happens to be on the aircraft they'd prefer, even better!
http://yoursmiles.org/ssmile/pozitive/s0819.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/s-pozitive.php)

Croissant2016
10th Jul 2016, 04:34
i don't mean to be rude but the little moving pictures are really annoying.

QF2015
10th Jul 2016, 09:09
Update for the internals who would qualify for a conversion course and not a full ground school. These courses are scheduled starting sept. Just to give you a rough idea on the timeframe :)

KAAATE
10th Jul 2016, 10:43
Hi, I am also booked for the 13th July in MEL 9.30am session. It would be good to meet up. What time are you booked in?

Also booked for 9.30am :)

Croissant2016
10th Jul 2016, 12:18
Hi everyone, just wanted to confirm re pay, if anyone knows for sure. I know the base is roughly $41k, but do crew get pay per hour of flight, working on a Sunday, public holiday etc? Or us it just the base + cash for the layover?

Entry Salary as per EBA9

Entry FA (1st 12months) $42,405
FA $43,253

Single time hourly rate is calculated by (annual salary) divided by 1560
Every hour worked in excess of 240 per 56day roster period is at single time.
Incidental allowance applies for every flight block hour of $3.00/hour
Overtime applies from 12 hours - one hour
Over 14 hours 1.5 hours (includes above)

Planned duty hours are 240/56 day roster period with average line hours at approx 220hours (as Per EBA9)

This salary includes all allowances except the incidental allowance mentioned above (no grooming, language, shoe or uniform cleaning) and no annual leave loading either

Hope this helps

Sarah77
10th Jul 2016, 23:09
Hi Everyone
Just wondering if people that received Assessment Day emails also received the email to do the Hogan Assessment (True/False assessment). I completed it last night. Also just wanted to to if people are getting their ID documents verified by qualified person such as police etc, or whether they are just bringing the 2 copies of ID docs as statement. It said in the email see attached document re: ASIC form but I didn't get that document.

chicka
11th Jul 2016, 00:32
Mn64 it is possible to earn between $1800 per fortnight, it depends on the trips you do. For an A380 flight attendant the duty hours for Dallas is 35:50 hrs Dubai is 31:55 and LA is 32:05 so a roster build for A380 would consist of these trips making up 220hrs ( sorry I don't have the flight hours for mainline) So you get your base pay per fortnight which would roughly be $1359 (after tax) whether you fly or not (so if your on reserve and you don't get called out you still get paid your base salary) then if you fly on top you get paid over time, incidental allowances etc. so it is quite possible to earn $1800. I totally understand it's hard to get your head around it, before starting, you will also get a cash allowance when you get to the hotel of each slip port, this is given to you at the time of checking in, this is your meal allowance for your time in the slip port paid in the countrys currency. A lot of crew spend a little of this and save it up the rest and then convert it when the exchange rate is good, this allowance is also tax free. 😊 I hope this helps and Its not to confusing 😊😊😊
Very helpful, thank you!! I have seen earlier comments which suggest that the fortnightly pay would be around $1800 after tax, but that doesn't seem likely?

Sarah77
11th Jul 2016, 04:26
Hi everyone
Just wondering if somebody could give me an idea of what the group activities are like, ie a group presentation etc?

Dinc D Princ
11th Jul 2016, 10:18
Yikes, Croissant2016... We're all different. Peace to you.

Chicka, are those the only destinations A380 has or you just took those three as an example..?

Mn64
11th Jul 2016, 10:22

Chicka, are those the only destinations A380 has or you just took those three as an example..?
The A380 flies to Dallas, LA, Dubai, London (but I think crewed by the London base), and seasonally, Hong Kong. Being trained on the 747 & 330 should mean a bit more variety.

chicka
11th Jul 2016, 11:48

Yes these are the only destinations the A380 fly to Mn64 is correct with seasonally flying Hong Kong and London crew operating the DXB/LHR route.
For Mainline, there is Santiago, Johanesburg, Hong Kong, Singapore, LA, New York (although I think AA have taken over the LAX/JFK Sectors), Auckland and Narita. Johanesburg, Santiago, LA and Narita are very senior trips as the remaining QAL crew bid for these so they can get their long range allowance and with Narita it is because of the meal allowance. So for QCCA operating on mainline fleet the chances of getting the long range flying and Narita rostered are low although it is not to say you won't get them but not all the time. I have a friend who is a QCCA CSS on mainline and she is basically doing back to back Hong Kong and Singapores. 😊

SupersonicFlight
11th Jul 2016, 21:56
Does anyone know at what stage we are required to do the Hogan's Personality Test? I heard someone mention it in this thread earlier. I'm assuming it is done at the medical/police check stage. Is it done online and how many questions does it contain?

Dinc D Princ
11th Jul 2016, 23:13
Thank you, ladies (and/or gents)! Super helpful, as always! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/rose.gif

chicka
11th Jul 2016, 23:58
Does anyone know at what stage we are required to do the Hogan's Personality Test? I heard someone mention it in this thread earlier. I'm assuming it is done at the medical/police check stage. Is it done online and how many questions does it contain?
Hi supersonic flight, the hogan personality test is to be completed before your AD, so if you have received an email invitation to an AD, you would have received an email about doing the test, it's done online and I can't remember how many questions exactly but there are quite a few. Hope this helps 😊

Sarah77
12th Jul 2016, 00:04
When I received my email to book Assessment Day I also received an email to do the Hogan Assessment. There were 2 to complete and the first had around 100 questions and the second over 200 questions. Just be honest with it and you will be fine.

SupersonicFlight
12th Jul 2016, 04:40
Hello Chicka, thank you kindly for providing that information. Unfortunately, like a lot of people here, I am still waiting for AD.

Has anyone who's been invited to AD asked how many F/A they are looking to recruit? I've heard on the rumour mill that 300 F/A from L/H have taken voluntary redundancy and 200 from S/H have to go back by the end of August. That means a total of 500 F/A needs to be recruited? Again, this is just pure speculation, and if anyone can shed more light on the matter that would great.

KAAATE
12th Jul 2016, 05:58

I received this with my invitation to the AD. Pretty sure it needs to be completed before you attend your AD. There are something like 200 questions all up but they are basically yes or no answers so doesn't take long :)

cc123
12th Jul 2016, 06:19
Just got an email to say I've been successful to the final round of the process - and they'll be in touch soon with a further update, an offer I'm guessing? Omg! Anybody else receive the same one?

chicka
12th Jul 2016, 10:03
Just got an email to say I've been successful to the final round of the process - and they'll be in touch soon with a further update, an offer I'm guessing? Omg! Anybody else receive the same one?

Congratulations cc123 that's awesome 👍😊

Dinc D Princ
12th Jul 2016, 22:50
Has everyone done the RSA and First Aid? I'm hesitant to do them unless I get chosen for sure.

Does anyone know if the RSA can be done online?

Hi, Mn64!
I did mine 2 days ago (so after my AD and after getting the email I've been successful).
I was just like you, hesitating a bit when to do it, but had some extra time and did it on Monday.
They told me on AD that as long as you have it ready for the training, it's fine, (just to upload it under your profile later on) but not to wait till the last moment 'cause before they schedule you for ground school, they want to see your profile is complete.

cc123, :D:D:D ! well, done!!! nailed it!! :ok:

Sarah77
13th Jul 2016, 00:08
GOOD LUCK to everyone doing the Melbourne Assessment Day today... Mine is on Friday and I'm so excited... Would love to know how people went today and whether they were told if they were through to the next round or not... I hope we ALL get in...

chicka
13th Jul 2016, 05:40
Thanks for the info, I guess I should do it asap. If you don't mind me asking, where did you do yours?
Hi Mn64, I used a Company called CBD for my first aid, I googled first aid courses and they offered an online course with 1 day practical to get my certificate, it cost $120. I also did my RSA years ago through TAFE, before they brought in the expiry date. Maybe Google both the RSA and First aid. Good luck 😊

Dinc D Princ
13th Jul 2016, 06:23
Thanks for the info, I guess I should do it asap. If you don't mind me asking, where did you do yours?

I did RSA through:
NSW RSA Online alternate / RSA Online NSW New South Wales RSA Certificate / RSA Online Training / Home - RSA Online Course & Online RSA Certificate (http://www.onlinersa.com.au/rsa/RSA-Online-Training/RSA-Online-NSW-New-South-Wales-RSA-Certificate/NSW-RSA-Online-alternate)

...it's on discount ATM! All online. They send you a certificate on your e-mail and you can attach it straight away to your profile.

And FA I did also through CBD, like Chicka, but for 79$, I guess that was on special too! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/47b20s0.gif
CBD College : First Aid Training Sydney | CPR First Aid (http://www.firstaidtrainingsydneycbd.com.au/)

All easy, just a bit time consuming...

KAAATE
13th Jul 2016, 07:59
How long did it take for people to hear back after their AD's?

Mn64
13th Jul 2016, 08:43
Thank you chicka and princ d princ!

Does anyone have a preference for the aircraft/s they'll be trained on? I'm so keen on the 380!

chicka
13th Jul 2016, 09:10
Thank you chicka and princ d princ!

Does anyone have a preference for the aircraft/s they'll be trained on? I'm so keen on the 380!

I haven't worked on A380 but I have on mainline fleet 747/A330. I love the 747 it's an awesome aircraft, not a huge fan of the A330. But for destinations I would prefer A380, as I have flown the mainline destinations and it would be nice to have a change and also majority of my friends are on A380 too 😊

Mn64
13th Jul 2016, 09:27
How long did it take for people to hear back after their AD's?
I got an email the next morning saying I am through to ref checks, have you had word yet?

chicka
13th Jul 2016, 09:46
Awesome! What did you like about the 747, and not like about the 330? :)
I hope they have a few 380 spots available, but a few posts seem to suggest that more new hires will be headed to the other two?
I wish we could know how the allocation will go before we accept :P

Congratulations on making the next stage that's awesome 👍😊 my referees still haven't been contacted yet but hopefully by the end of the week 😊

With the aircraft the 747 is fantastic, I love the economy and business class galleys, everything about the aircraft makes sense in relation to the emergency equipment onboard and it's just really nice to work on and there are bunks for crew rest. As for the A330 the layout is terrible the economy galley is always freezing, the business galley is ok, the emergency equipment is all over the place with no logic to it and crew rest is 4 seats.

All the long range flying 12hrs or more is operated by the 747 or A380 and the short range flying 11hrs or less is A330. Also at the end of this year or early next year Qantas is getting 787's which are long range aircraft so it will be interesting to see whether A380 crew get to operate it as well or if they replace the 747's and mainline crew get it.
😊

chicka
13th Jul 2016, 11:07
Thank you chicka! How about the layovers when flying these aircraft, and what was your routine generally like each roster? How often were you doing trips? Sorry for the questions, I am just so interested!
Thanks ok 😊 The slip time was great but they have shortened them in the past year or so, roughly 35-60hrs in LA, 24-48hrs in HongKong, 48-72hrs in Johanesburg, 48hrs Santiago, 13-48hrs in Singapore, and at the time we were doing londons with 52hrs and Franfurts 64hrs. I always made a point of going out and sight seeing or doing something in each slip port, honestly flying can be quite lonely so you have to be proactive, you need to organise things with your fellow crew and get out and see the city/country you are in. I have lots of favourite things to do and places to eat in each slip port which I miss 😊

as for days off I would have roughly 2-4 days at home before the next trip, sometime up to 8days at home between trips.

On average I was being rosters 2 LA, 2 joburg, 1 London, 1 Frankfurt, a HongKong, or Singapore trip or one we used to call the Singapore shuttle which is a 7 day trip flying back and forth from Perth to Singapore.

It's a great job, one I believe is the best in the world, and you will really love it 😊

Britte
13th Jul 2016, 11:56
This thread is so helpful! Just wondering I'm through to the reference check stage but people are telling me that this doesn't mean much and that they will still cut down from this?? I don't understand why they would bother even reference checking if they still don't have full intentions of taking you? Also, has anyone gotten past the reference check stage?
This wait is killing me

KAAATE
13th Jul 2016, 12:04
I got an email the next morning saying I am through to ref checks, have you had word yet?

Nothing yet but only did my AD today. They told us it could take up to two weeks. Hoping I don't have to wait that long :(

Sarah77
13th Jul 2016, 12:13
Can anyone provide some info on the group activities they had to do in Melbourne today? Any feedback/tips would be greatly appreciated...

KAAATE
13th Jul 2016, 14:02
Can anyone provide some info on the group activities they had to do in Melbourne today? Any feedback/tips would be greatly appreciated...

There were 2 group activities. First one was designing a flyer for an airline and second was ordering things from most important to least.
Overall it was a fun day. The only advice I can give is to be yourself and don't think into things too much. They are looking for natural genuine people :)

Goodluck!

Sarah77
13th Jul 2016, 23:19
There were 2 group activities. First one was designing a flyer for an airline and second was ordering things from most important to least.
Overall it was a fun day. The only advice I can give is to be yourself and don't think into things too much. They are looking for natural genuine people :)

Goodluck!
Thanks KAAATE. Were there many there on the day? How do you feel you went?

Mn64
14th Jul 2016, 00:44
Thanks ok 😊 The slip time was great but they have shortened them in the past year or so, roughly 35-60hrs in LA, 24-48hrs in HongKong, 48-72hrs in Johanesburg, 48hrs Santiago, 13-48hrs in Singapore, and at the time we were doing londons with 52hrs and Franfurts 64hrs. I always made a point of going out and sight seeing or doing something in each slip port, honestly flying can be quite lonely so you have to be proactive, you need to organise things with your fellow crew and get out and see the city/country you are in. I have lots of favourite things to do and places to eat in each slip port which I miss 😊

as for days off I would have roughly 2-4 days at home before the next trip, sometime up to 8days at home between trips.

On average I was being rosters 2 LA, 2 joburg, 1 London, 1 Frankfurt, a HongKong, or Singapore trip or one we used to call the Singapore shuttle which is a 7 day trip flying back and forth from Perth to Singapore.

It's a great job, one I believe is the best in the world, and you will really love it 😊

Thank you so much, that sounds so great!

KAAATE
14th Jul 2016, 02:16
Thanks KAAATE. Were there many there on the day? How do you feel you went?

There would have been about 60 of us I think! I feel like I went well but you just never know.. Now the waiting begins again.

Lachlan.Turner
14th Jul 2016, 04:50
Hi Everyone. I'm new to this forum. Thanks for all your input and information. Just wondering how long would it be before our references are contacted? And would they contact the references we wrote down on the assessment day forms? The referees I submitted on the day were the correct ones, as opposed to the original online application back in May. Thanks!

chicka
14th Jul 2016, 10:13
Hi Everyone. I'm new to this forum. Thanks for all your input and information. Just wondering how long would it be before our references are contacted? And would they contact the references we wrote down on the assessment day forms? The referees I submitted on the day were the correct ones, as opposed to the original online application back in May. Thanks!

The references they will contact will be the ones you provided at the AD. I was advised my references would be contacted last Thurs and as of yesterday my references still hadn't been contacted. They did say it could take up to a couple of weeks to complete reference checks. Hope this helps 😊

hmmm_wondering
14th Jul 2016, 21:49
Croissant2016 have you heard anything?

unique76
15th Jul 2016, 05:11
Hi everyone, i was at the AD session on Wednesday 13th July. Did anyone else attend on Wednesday. If so have u received any new of acceptance. The wait is killing me!

chicka
15th Jul 2016, 07:35
I got an email today saying I am through to ref checks- I was also informed of this a week ago, but apparently there will be a second email which is used to collect the same reference details. Anyone else get this?

Hi Mn64 I just checked my emails and yes I have received 2 emails that are exactly the same regarding reference checks I received them both on the same day. 😊 Not sure what it means though 😊

P's cousin
15th Jul 2016, 07:55
Hi there,

Are there any SYD/MEL applicants who attended AD mid June here? Just wondering how far everyone's gotten so far. I'm still at the Security check stage, it says crimtrack results received and austrack not yet. Anyone progressed to medicals already? PM me if you prefer. Cheers :)

KAAATE
15th Jul 2016, 13:44
Hi everyone, i was at the AD session on Wednesday 13th July. Did anyone else attend on Wednesday. If so have u received any new of acceptance. The wait is killing me!

I was there! Also still waiting :(

Hopefulharry
15th Jul 2016, 22:02
Hey Chicka, I received another email about reference checks yesterday too. It said we would receive another email shortly from 'xref'. Did you receive the email from x ref yesterday also?

chicka
16th Jul 2016, 02:43
Hey Chicka, I received another email about reference checks yesterday too. It said we would receive another email shortly from 'xref'. Did you receive the email from x ref yesterday also?

Hi Hopefulharry and Mn64 I haven't received an email about xref, mine both were regarding doing the references checks and it maybe a couple of weeks before I hear anything. I guess I will wait until I get that email, fingers crossed its good news 😊

Hellomeow
16th Jul 2016, 06:33
Hi there,

Are there any SYD/MEL applicants who attended AD mid June here? Just wondering how far everyone's gotten so far. I'm still at the Security check stage, it says crimtrack results received and austrack not yet. Anyone progressed to medicals already? PM me if you prefer. Cheers :)

Hi P's cousin

I went to the AD in June and am still at ASIC stage, don't know when the medical will be. I think someone said medical won't be until either sep or Aug I can't remember which one now. Hopefully after this round of recruitment finished we will hear something soon?

P's cousin
16th Jul 2016, 22:05
Hi P's cousin

I went to the AD in June and am still at ASIC stage, don't know when the medical will be. I think someone said medical won't be until either sep or Aug I can't remember which one now. Hopefully after this round of recruitment finished we will hear something soon?

Hi Hellomeow
I see! I just checked my status again all were "ticked" as of yesterday (they seem to work on Saturdays too). Good luck to us all, would you please let us know if you hear anything further? :)

Hellomeow
16th Jul 2016, 23:29
Hi Hellomeow
I see! I just checked my status again all were "ticked" as of yesterday (they seem to work on Saturdays too). Good luck to us all, would you please let us know if you hear anything further? :)

Yes of course I will let you know once I here something! My status have been all ticked off except the one 'card ready for print' is it the same with you? Or that one has been ticked on yours too?

unique76
17th Jul 2016, 09:11
Hi hellomeow,
Where do you check your status? Is that through the qantas careers website? If so where do about is it on the page?

Croissant2016
17th Jul 2016, 09:44
Just curious but how do you check your 'status'?!

Yes of course I will let you know once I here something! My status have been all ticked off except the one 'card ready for print' is it the same with you? Or that one has been ticked on yours too?

Hellomeow
17th Jul 2016, 10:05

Hi Crossant2016

If you go into the link for ASIC it will allow you to check your current status :) but that's for external applicants though I guess ?

Mn64
18th Jul 2016, 01:57
Hi Hopefulharry, did you get the email from xref yet?

P's cousin
18th Jul 2016, 02:32
Excellent.. yes mine looks the same as yours. From past threads I understood that it could take up to 7 weeks from AD to hear about medicals, which makes me think we may hear something by mid Aug. Fingers crossed!!

P's cousin
18th Jul 2016, 02:34
Hey Croissant, it's via Qantas ID services (new starters) link which was sent via email to complete security checks. We could see the current status of each check, when it was completed etc.

Mn64
18th Jul 2016, 02:38
Excellent.. yes mine looks the same as yours. From past threads I understood that it could take up to 7 weeks from AD to hear about medicals, which makes me think we may hear something by mid Aug. Fingers crossed!!

I remember they mentioned that they want to start ground schools in August, so hopefully you'll hear something soon

Hopefulharry
18th Jul 2016, 02:53
Hi Mn64. Not yet. I would assume it must be coming soon!

Hellomeow
18th Jul 2016, 07:00
I remember they mentioned that they want to start ground schools in August, so hopefully you'll hear something soon

Hi Mn64

Really? Were you at a AD for SYD base? I was planning to go away for a short trip mid August don't know if I should do it now. Also I need to give notice to my current job I hope they don't just give us 2 weeks notice like someone mentioned on an earlier post :(

chicka
18th Jul 2016, 08:35
Hi Mn64

Really? Were you at a AD for SYD base? I was planning to go away for a short trip mid August don't know if I should do it now. Also I need to give notice to my current job I hope they don't just give us 2 weeks notice like someone mentioned on an earlier post :(
Hellomeow I was also at one of the Syd AD and they did say ground schools starting in August then starting every 2 weeks through to Christmas. Don't worry about how much time they give you if you receive a job offer and you have to give 4 weeks notice you just need tell them that. When I originally started with QCCA I was working with Virgin at the time and they offered me a position with a ground school starting in a weeks time. Unfortunately I had to give 4 weeks notice, they kept pushing me to get released sooner but Virgin weren't going to have that and made me stay the 4 weeks, Qantas accepted that and I started GS 4 weeks later lol 😊 So I'm sure it will be fine what ever notice you have to give they will fit you into a ground school somewhere

Hellomeow
18th Jul 2016, 09:06
Hi Chicka
Thanks for letting me know that! Now I feel a lot better I was really worried that I will miss out if I won't be available to start GS when they want me to! Now we all just wait, hopefully we will here something very soon!

Sarah77
18th Jul 2016, 10:19
Has anyone from the recent Melb Assessment Days on the 13/14/15 of July had any news yet?

Hellomeow
18th Jul 2016, 10:54
What Chicka said is right, I forgot the 'til Christmas' part- sorry if I stressed you out! They also said that if you need to give your current employer a certain amount of notice, to let them know. I'm in the same boat, I like where I am now so I would never want to mess them about. Hope you get some news soon :)

Oh no Mn64 i wasn't stressed out because of what you said ha. Did you know how to let them know about it? I didn't heard anything about that in my AD, I think when we had our AD they were still deciding a lot of things so we didn't get as much info. Thanks for everyone's info great help! Good luck to everyone :)

Lucyellen
18th Jul 2016, 11:24
I'm so happy to have found this page!!!! I went to my AD on June 16 and submitted my ASIC 3.5 weeks ago, I was starting to get a little stir crazy because I saw that all of my background check components were approved and I'm dying to hear from them. So seeing that there are a few
People here in the same position makes me feel so much better!!!!

KAAATE
18th Jul 2016, 12:10
Has anyone from the recent Melb Assessment Days on the 13/14/15 of July had any news yet?

My AD was on the 13th and I'm still waiting. Should hear something this week I would imagine! The waiting is the worst though :(

Hellomeow
18th Jul 2016, 22:31
That's good haha. I would probably send them an email only once they confirmed that they are offering a position, until then it is probably just extra admin for them. Only thing is, I've read that people have received their golden call/offering of the position at the same time as being given a GS date. I'd probably go with what Chicka said, just be firm and say that you need x amount of notice.

Sounds good Mn64 thanks for your advise!

Hellomeow
18th Jul 2016, 22:34
I'm so happy to have found this page!!!! I went to my AD on June 16 and submitted my ASIC 3.5 weeks ago, I was starting to get a little stir crazy because I saw that all of my background check components were approved and I'm dying to hear from them. So seeing that there are a few
People here in the same position makes me feel so much better!!!!

Hi Lucyellen, the wait is such a pain isn't it! Escpecially when you can see everything has been ticked off it makes you wonder why and start overthinking about everything. My last 'tick' was ticked on 2nd Jul...

crewflyer
18th Jul 2016, 23:59
Has any of the internal applicants heard back from QF recruitment regarding there outcome? I am a MAM casual and still haven't heard anything back yet. Last update was last month to say they are reviewing my video interviews and will get back to me around 2 weeks or so and a month later still no response.

cc2014
19th Jul 2016, 02:08
Hi All,

Just wondering anyone here with the commencement date for 25th July BNE Base , have u received a training schedule? Less than a week out and am still waiting to hear where training will be held 😬😬😬

KAAATE
19th Jul 2016, 02:45
Has any of the internal applicants heard back from QF recruitment regarding there outcome? I am a MAM casual and still haven't heard anything back yet. Last update was last month to say they are reviewing my video interviews and will get back to me around 2 weeks or so and a month later still no response.

I have a friend who is a MAM casual out of MEL. She was told no last Tuesday of that helps?

Lucyellen
19th Jul 2016, 09:21
I haven't received the email from xref yet, I'm also curious to know if anyone has, OR, if anyone had their references checked without xref

After being told that my I was progressing to the reference stage on the 17th of June I know that my first reference was called by someone from qantas on the 23rd and my second reference was emailed on the 30th.

Dinc D Princ
19th Jul 2016, 23:55
I haven't received the email from xref yet, I'm also curious to know if anyone has, OR, if anyone had their references checked without xref

Hi, Mn64!
My AD was same day as yours, just in the morning. I've stayed in touch with two girls since then and they both messaged me yesterday to say both of their references were checked this Monday.
I've asked them about the email you guys are mentioning here on this forum and they both told me they haven't received anything other than the one a day after our AD saying they've been successful.
I also haven't received anything other than that one. My references haven't been checked yet, but I was told all overseas ones are left for last anyways.

Mn64
20th Jul 2016, 00:07
Hi, Mn64!
My AD was same day as yours, just in the morning. I've stayed in touch with two girls since then and they both messaged me yesterday to say both of their references were checked this Monday.
I've asked them about the email you guys are mentioning here on this forum and they both told me they haven't received anything other than the one a day after our AD saying they've been successful.
I also haven't received anything other than that one. My references haven't been checked yet, but I was told all overseas ones are left for last anyways.
Hi, Princ D Princ :) thank you so much for the information, it's interesting that not everyone got the same email, I haven't had the xref email yet anyway :P hope your references are checked soon!

Dinc D Princ
20th Jul 2016, 00:16
Hi, Princ D Princ :) thank you so much for the information, it's interesting that not everyone got the same email, I haven't had the xref email yet anyway :P hope your references are checked soon!

Thank you!
May I ask something?
That email you've received... I kinda understand what it's about but why is everyone saying they're waiting for another email?
So, the first one is just to be read and the next one demands action...or?
Do you need to attach something or make changes in order to get the second email or you all just need to wait... Sorry, got a bit confused..

Hellomeow
20th Jul 2016, 01:09

Hi Mn64

I just received my first xref email a few mins ago

chicka
20th Jul 2016, 01:15
Sure, it is very confusing! The first email I got said that I got through to the reference round (but I had that in a previous email a week prior). This email said that shortly I will receive an email from xref, and I would need to input my reference details into this xref site so they can email my references (I didn't get the email from them yet). This email also had a scanned copy of my reference list from the AD attached, so I feel it's all a bit confusing :P
Hi everyone, hi Mn64 & Hellomeow I wonder, did you provide the email addresses for your references on the AD day? 😊

Dinc D Princ
20th Jul 2016, 01:23
I see... Yes, really is a bit confusing. Especially knowing that not everyone had to do that. For example, those two girls from my AD...no such email, just a quick call to ppl they've nominated.
After reading your post just now, I've texted them both to ask did anyone try to contact their referees via email before calling them. They both said no and they said referees were literally called one after another.
I wonder why some are contacted by phone, some by email. I would understand email in a case of a big time zone difference, such as mine, but the rest would just be easier calling. Oh, who knows! We just need to be patient and hope all goes well.
Has it been a long time since you received that first email? Fingers crossed for you!

Hellomeow
20th Jul 2016, 02:07
I'm really confused because my reference was called on 20/06 and they said only one reference is needed at that stage. Now like a month later they are going to check my 2ns reference? And I find out the email add I left with them on AD is WRONG!!!!

Mn64
20th Jul 2016, 02:22
I'm really confused because my reference was called on 20/06 and they said only one reference is needed at that stage. Now like a month later they are going to check my 2ns reference? And I find out the email add I left with them on AD is WRONG!!!!

Oh no, I'm sure it'll work out, good thing it came up now rather than any later. Hope it all gets sorted out soon :)

chicka
20th Jul 2016, 03:25
Thank you for letting me know hellomeow :) I haven't had anything yet.
Chicka I filled it out completely, so not sure why :)
Wow, yeah it's really strange.

chicka
20th Jul 2016, 03:28
Hellomeow, that was what I was thinking maybe there was an error in the references provided so they have sent out the xref email to get updated details to complete the checks. The good news is they have picked this up and they are now going to be able to contact your second reference 😊

gizmo08
20th Jul 2016, 04:31
Hi Mn64, I attended the AD on 7 July, afternoon session. I also had the same email from Xref. I contacted them today and they just replied saying that they are still to hear from Qantas with the details they need. I am becoming anxious as time goes on as one of my referees is about to go away for a month and wont be checking "work emails".

Hellomeow
20th Jul 2016, 08:05
Hellomeow, that was what I was thinking maybe there was an error in the references provided so they have sent out the xref email to get updated details to complete the checks. The good news is they have picked this up and they are now going to be able to contact your second reference 😊
Hi Chicka yeah hopefully that's why. I'm still waiting for the 2nd email to come through but in the mean time I might just email them as well.

Hellomeow
20th Jul 2016, 08:08
Oh no, I'm sure it'll work out, good thing it came up now rather than any later. Hope it all gets sorted out soon :)

Thanks Mn64. Did you say your first email was received on 15th and still no sign of the second one?

Mn64
20th Jul 2016, 08:59
Thanks Mn64. Did you say your first email was received on 15th and still no sign of the second one?

That's right

Mn64
21st Jul 2016, 05:16
Anyone had any more news?

Sarah77
21st Jul 2016, 05:37
This waiting for news after the Melbourne Assessment day is painful... I think Sydney recruitment has moved along a lot quicker than Melbourne as some people found out the next day or two that they were through to reference checks... Hopefully the wait will be worth it... Anyone from Melbourne had any news? I think some internals may have...

cc123
21st Jul 2016, 05:57
Sarah77 - Don't give up hope! My friend attended the assessment day in MEL recently and still has no news. Another few still haven't heard since submitting their video. It's worth the wait for sure, no news so far is good news! :)
I am internal and up to 'final round', still waiting for a call or email:( hang in there. I think it may be another week or two at least, for both of us.

Hopefulharry
21st Jul 2016, 06:37
Mn64, I just got the email from XRef a few minutes ago.

Mn64
21st Jul 2016, 06:39
Mn64, I just got the email from XRef a few minutes ago.

That's great news, Hopefulharry!! So glad things are moving along for you :)

Dinc D Princ
21st Jul 2016, 06:55
Hopefulharry, same here. I got both emails today. The one you all got before, and the other one with a link to Xref.

Mn64
21st Jul 2016, 07:01
Hopefulharry, same here. I got both emails today. The one you all got before, and the other one with a link to Xref.

That's great news, Princ D Princ, glad you got something back from them :)

Croissant2016
21st Jul 2016, 07:28
I am internal and up to 'final round', still waiting for a call or email:( hang in there. I think it may be another week or two at least, for both of us.
same. I'm internal- did my video interview end of MAY! that's how long it's taking! Patience is not one of my virtues!

Dinc D Princ
21st Jul 2016, 07:59
That's great news, Princ D Princ, glad you got something back from them :)

Thank you! So lucky I got both at once.
Now I understand what you were telling me about the first email.
This Xref one is just a link to upload the references and says they'll both be contacted strictly via email so to make sure it's a correct one.
Hopefully, you'll all get it tomorrow so we can again be on the same page.
Must say, I like reading posts from people that are a step ahead of me 'cause it gives me the idea what to expect and when.

QF2015
21st Jul 2016, 19:06

Hi crew flyer, I heard back last week and was offered a position starting training early August in SYD. I was told it's a mixed course with crew from multiple bases. I got the impression there will be further conversion courses so stay tuned. Good luck 😃

Croissant2016
21st Jul 2016, 21:39
Hi crew flyer, I heard back last week and was offered a position starting training early August in SYD. I was told it's a mixed course with crew from multiple bases. I got the impression there will be further conversion courses so stay tuned. Good luck 😃
Hi! Congratulations! What a/c type do you know?

P's cousin
22nd Jul 2016, 13:29

Hi Mn64,
During the AD in Mel that I attended they definitely said ground school starts in Sep, so must be Aug onwards for Syd and Sep onwards for Mel.

hmmm_wondering
22nd Jul 2016, 23:12
Ah ok thanks for the information :) that is so soon, hope everyone gets word soon.
Also, does anyone know if accomodation is provided for everyone during GS, or only people who live interstate? Just wondering about those who live in the same state, but not nearby

If you put Sydney as your base preference and training is in Sydney then you'll need to provide your own accomodation. If MEL is your base preference and training is in Sydney, they'll provide accomodation

Croissant2016
23rd Jul 2016, 00:12
Also, does anyone know if accomodation is provided for everyone during GS, or only people who live interstate? Just wondering about those who live in the same state, but not nearby
They wouldn't provide accomodation for those in their own base.. That would cost so much! The idea is that You live near enough to be able to drive each day (there are single day courses you will have to do throughout the year not to mention 90 min standbys) or if you are commuting you would have to figure something out for these things- I'm not sure how crew on a reserve roster work it- perhaps they move closer for the 2 months?

Mn64
23rd Jul 2016, 03:36
Still no xref email
References said they weren't checked
Just got a rejection email.
Very confused.

hmmm_wondering
23rd Jul 2016, 06:55
Still no xref email
Very confused.

Mn64 sorry to hear that 😓
You got the rejection email today?

chicka
24th Jul 2016, 13:26
Still no xref email
Very confused.
Oh Mn64 I'm so sorry you received that email, I hope it is a mistake xo

chicka
24th Jul 2016, 13:29
They wouldn't provide accomodation for those in their own base.. That would cost so much! The idea is that You live near enough to be able to drive each day (there are single day courses you will have to do throughout the year not to mention 90 min standbys) or if you are commuting you would have to figure something out for these things- I'm not sure how crew on a reserve roster work it- perhaps they move closer for the 2 months?
Croissant is right that they don't provide accommodation for anyone in their own base. Reserve call our time is 2hrs unless it has changed, I live roughly 2 hours from the airport and ops would always give me at least 3-4 hrs notice before a duty on reserve, they are pretty good. There are a lot of commenters that fly living in regional NSW as well as interstate and I know of 2 that live internationally that commute as well. They all just rent somewhere down in Syd when they are on reserve.

Dinc D Princ
25th Jul 2016, 02:46
Still no xref email
Very confused.

So sorry to hear that... Hang on in there, Mn64!
Maybe it's a mistake. Knowing that you were in between two emails about the ref check, it would maybe be a good idea to try to contact them and see what actually happened...
All the best to you, whatever you decide!

hmmm_wondering
25th Jul 2016, 20:13
Croissant2016 have you heard anything further?

Sarah77
25th Jul 2016, 23:15
Still waiting for news after Melb Assessment Day... Anyone externals receive any news yet?

Croissant2016
25th Jul 2016, 23:37
Croissant2016 have you heard anything further?
Nope. Still hanging in here though. Still a chance of a rejection email so trying to be positive but not get my hopes up at the same time

Hopefulharry
27th Jul 2016, 07:55
I got the xref email last Friday and both of my referees were contacted on Friday night. They both completed the references and I received two confirmation emails late Friday night that X Ref had passed the completed reference reports.
Now, we wait again I guess! Wishing you all the best of luck!

ozspace
27th Jul 2016, 10:36
I had my references complete their submissions, so now it's one on one interview or security & medicals?

Hopefulharry
27th Jul 2016, 22:55
Still no xref email
Very confused.
I am so sorry to hear this! It is confusing since you received the email saying that you would shortly hear from XRef right? Was any reason given in the email? I would be trying to contact them to see what had happened.

Hopefulharry
27th Jul 2016, 22:59
Dinc D Princ, keep me posted. It seems like we are in the same spot in the process at the moment. Wishing you well!

cc123
28th Jul 2016, 01:37
Just got the offer! Anyone else? Omg can't breathe!!

Hopefulharry
28th Jul 2016, 01:48
Brilliant! How happy you must be feeling! Wishing you every success in your exciting new role!

Mn64
28th Jul 2016, 05:01
Congratulations to everyone who is getting through the process :) seems like my rejection email was a mistake. Hoorah :P thank you all for your support along the way.

Hopefulharry
28th Jul 2016, 05:06
Congratulations to everyone who is getting through the process :) seems like my rejection email was a mistake. Hoorah :P thank you all for your support along the way.
Very happy for you! You must be relieved!

Mn64
28th Jul 2016, 05:39
Very happy for you! You must be relieved!

Thank you Harry, sure am. I couldn't imagine how it was possible to be cut between rounds, it's been a long week of not knowing :P

I'm so glad your references are sorted!

Lucyellen
28th Jul 2016, 06:45
Who else has submitted ASIC and is waiting on medical... I swear the suspense is killing me!!!!

Lucyellen
28th Jul 2016, 06:48

That's so fantastic that the rejection was a mistake!!!! Must of felt so awful and out of the blue after being so far along in the process!!!

chicka
28th Jul 2016, 08:05
Mn64 I'm so glad it was a mistake 😊 Cc123 Congratulations on the golden call I just found out one of my old colleagues just got in today as well so stocked for him as he had been trying for years 😊 I'm sure you will be fabulous 😊👏

R2Primary
29th Jul 2016, 08:52
Hi Guys, I have just joined the forum after following it for a while... Congrats to all those getting through and good luck to all those waiting for the offer! 😊

R2Primary
29th Jul 2016, 09:17
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum although o have been following it for a while! Congratulations to all those people getting confirmed ground schools and good luck to everyone still waiting! Hopefully more good news to come soon for everyone!

Dinc D Princ
29th Jul 2016, 10:51

That's wonderful! Congrats!!! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/clap.gif
Wishing you lots of amazing awesome flights and hopefully, we get to meet somewhere up there on 37000ft! God job and all the best with your training!

Dinc D Princ
29th Jul 2016, 10:54

That is such great news! I've been following your posts for a while now and it's great to have you back! :ok: You got this!

Dinc D Princ
29th Jul 2016, 11:01
Dinc D Princ, keep me posted. It seems like we are in the same spot in the process at the moment. Wishing you well!

Hi, Hopefulharry! I sure will!
My friend completed his ref check on the 18th, still no news. (He was with me on the AD in Syd 7th July.)
I've finished with mine just yesterday 'cause we're in the middle of summer here, so both of my managers were on a vacation. Glad to have that done, finally.
I'll keep you guys posted.
All the best!