PDA

View Full Version : Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

cc123
30th Jul 2016, 03:54
Thank you Chicka! Oh how exciting he got it! I hope to fly with you BOTH :)
MN64 I am so glad yours was a mistake, phew!! What a scare!

Is anybody else in the Melbourne September 28 group? Will see you there! All the best everyone :)

Mn64
30th Jul 2016, 08:01
That is such great news! I've been following your posts for a while now and it's great to have you back! :ok: You got this!

Thank you so much, and likewise! Glad your reference checks are done :)

cc123
30th Jul 2016, 09:10
Thank you so much, and congratulations!! Which aircraft/s will you be trained for??
It doesn't say unfortunately! They don't know yet either, but I believe it's jumbo/330... ✈️

chicka
30th Jul 2016, 10:01
It doesn't say unfortunately! They don't know yet either, but I believe it's jumbo/330... ✈️
That's awesome I love the 747, it is honestly the best aircraft to work on 😊

R2Primary
30th Jul 2016, 14:23
Hi Mn64, so glad to read your rejection letter was an error. Did you phone them to ask about the situation?

KAAATE
1st Aug 2016, 01:27
Just got an email saying I've progressed to reference checks :) anyone else from recent assessment days heard anything?

Sarah77
1st Aug 2016, 03:46
Wohoo me too, so exciting... Well done KAAATE...

Ccagirl
1st Aug 2016, 05:26
I just received an invite to attend an AD in Brisbane this Wednesday 3/8 for QF cabin crew. Anyone else attending? I've also applied for QantasLink and did a video interview for that a couple of weeks ago. Haven't heard from them since though. I would prefer QantasLink, so not sure what to do??

Mn64
1st Aug 2016, 07:10
That is such great news! I've been following your posts for a while now and it's great to have you back! :ok: You got this!

Likewise, and thank you!! glad to see your application is progressing :)

Wishingstar
1st Aug 2016, 08:12
Hey guys just wondering if anyone got an email today to book an assessment day in Sydney and was able to book one? When I go to it it just says there's nothing available :/

Mn64
1st Aug 2016, 11:03
Just got an email saying I've progressed to reference checks :) anyone else from recent assessment days heard anything?

Congrats!! Glad the wait for that part is over now, must have been tough.

Nickfil
1st Aug 2016, 13:51
I also applied for Sydney and got an email today, to only miss out on a spot. It looks like I've been sent a Brisbane offer though, as is says proposed appointment at Novetel Brisbane. Which sucks cause the interview is in two days and I can't possibly get to Brisbane for it :/

R2Primary
1st Aug 2016, 20:49
Hi Mn64. Yes I have applied also and am have completed ref check and ASIC. Just waiting in the next steps now. Good luck! Hope all goes well for all of us!

Samxox
1st Aug 2016, 22:17
Hi everyone, I'm in nz I applied for Sydney qantas job over 3 months ago had my online cam interview over a month ago then got an email the other day thanking me for my patience and they would let me know in due course? Is this a good sign?

Wishingstar
2nd Aug 2016, 00:43
Could be because nothing is left :/ they get snapped up very quickly
I clicked on the link as soon as I got the email and there was nothing except for Brisbane so that definitely was snapped up very quickly! Haha hopefully they put up more dates soon :)

QAus
2nd Aug 2016, 03:37
Does anyone know if they test for colorblindness in the medical? or if Qantas has a policy on it?

Also just got the email to book AD from late June video interview but I'm in Sydney and only available spot is in Brisbane. Can a SYD base do the Brisbane interview?

Much appreciated, thanks!

SupersonicFlight
2nd Aug 2016, 03:54
Hey guys just wondering if anyone got an email today to book an assessment day in Sydney and was able to book one? When I go to it it just says there's nothing available :/

Hi Wishingstar. You have to click on the other cities, Brisbane or Melbourne to find a vacant slot there. All the Sydney slots would have been taken by now.

poppyseed
2nd Aug 2016, 05:21
Hi Guys,

Is anyone attending the assessment day in BNE on Thursday? I'd love to hear from you!!

Wishingstar
2nd Aug 2016, 13:32
Hi Wishingstar. You have to click on the other cities, Brisbane or Melbourne to find a vacant slot there. All the Sydney slots would have been taken by now.
Hi SupersonicFlight, I'm just a little worried that if I go to the assessment day in Brisbane they will put me down as Brisbane base.. I think I'll just wait for an assessment day in Syndey to come up, I know people from Sydney who are still waiting and applied in May too so I'm sure there will be more to come

Sarah77
3rd Aug 2016, 00:11
To everyone that is looking to book Assessment Day I would take whatever day/city you can get etc because at the Assessment Day you nominate which base you would prefer. They have had so many applicants so best to just select an Assessment Day as soon as you can so its locked in and you don't miss out completely. For everyone else still waiting its a very long process so just be patient and hopefully it will be worth it. I have just completed ref checks so still a long way to go yet. Good luck to everyone.

KAAATE
3rd Aug 2016, 02:31
I feel like they only offered a Brisbane assessment day in the recent email. I haven't heard of anyone yet that got to book an appointment for Sydney or Melbourne. Keep checking back as they may release some more dates for other bases. If you can attend an assessment day in another city I would recommend doing it if you want to get the ball rolling. You can specify your preferred base on the recruitment day. Who knows how long until they may release more dates. Goodluck everyone!

Ccagirl
3rd Aug 2016, 09:44
I tried to book within half an hour of receiving the email, and was given the option of Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne AD's. I am only interested in Brisbane so clicked on that to proceed. Hopefully another AD will be offered in Sydney and Melbourne soon. Good luck!

unique76
3rd Aug 2016, 21:04

Hi Kaaate, i too got an email saying i progressed to reference checks. I received the email on Monday. Reference checks done. Now more waiting. I believe you too attended the melbourne AD on the 13th July am session.

unique76
3rd Aug 2016, 21:06
Hi Mn64. Yes I have applied also and am have completed ref check and ASIC. Just waiting in the next steps now. Good luck! Hope all goes well for all of us!

Hi Mn64 how do u complete ASIC? I just completed ref checks. Thank you.

unique76
3rd Aug 2016, 21:08
Wohoo me too, so exciting... Well done KAAATE...

Me too Sarah77. Through to reference checks. All complete. We might be at GS together! Congratulations.

Mn64
3rd Aug 2016, 22:33
Hi Mn64 how do u complete ASIC? I just completed ref checks. Thank you.

Hi there, unfortunately I can't be of much help because I am still at reference checks, so I haven't done any ASIC-related activities yet. Sorry!

Sarah77
3rd Aug 2016, 23:14
Well done to everyone who are through to ref checks... If QF are happy with the ref checks then I believe we will get notification to say we need to complete the ASIC/Security checks then its a medical. ASIC will take approx 4 weeks I believe to complete and then once medical is done I believe the final step is an offer... Everyone else still waiting hang in there and be patient and positive as its a big recruitment and takes time... Good luck to all...

KAAATE
4th Aug 2016, 00:32
Hi Kaaate, i too got an email saying i progressed to reference checks. I received the email on Monday. Reference checks done. Now more waiting. I believe you too attended the melbourne AD on the 13th July am session.

Yep I was there on the 13th :) my ref checks are also complete. Now we wait... Again lol

Lucyellen
4th Aug 2016, 10:06
It wasn't till 5 weeks after I submitted my ASIC that I got emailed for medical, my appointment is tomorrow... I'm healthy as ever but still super nervous!!!!

Mn64
5th Aug 2016, 01:57
It wasn't till 5 weeks after I submitted my ASIC that I got emailed for medical, my appointment is tomorrow... I'm healthy as ever but still super nervous!!!!

Good luck! Let us know how you go :)

hmmm_wondering
5th Aug 2016, 03:52
Have any internals heard anything? I got an email to say they're still assessing and confirming start dates...

cc123
5th Aug 2016, 04:25
No emails for me. Have you got the offer @hmmm_wondering? I got the offer last week, but no contract yet :) I sent the forms straight off but I hear it takes a while understandably :)

Croissant2016
5th Aug 2016, 10:08
Have the email and phone call of offer (so I'm relieved) but no contract here yet either.

hmmm_wondering
5th Aug 2016, 10:30
Have you guys being flying on longhaul aircraft or other aircraft in the network?

Hopefulharry
5th Aug 2016, 11:05
Got my ASIC email today. Will complete the application tomorrow. Then it is back to the waiting game again :)

cc123
6th Aug 2016, 01:47
Have you guys being flying on longhaul aircraft or other aircraft in the network?

I am cabin crew yes. I have had to fill in a few forms that I received the day of the offer but no actual contract. You? :)

hmmm_wondering
6th Aug 2016, 03:06
Nah I got an email to say they're still assessing applications and confirming start dates...

cc123
6th Aug 2016, 08:19
Nah I got an email to say they're still assessing applications and confirming start dates...
No offer yet? It'll be around the corner I'm sure! There's a few groups going through around the same time. Don't worry :) there's a group before mine in September and definitely will be ones after!

SupersonicFlight
6th Aug 2016, 13:38
Did anyone who attended AD in BNE on Thursday 4th August receive Xref on Friday?

sharkies15
7th Aug 2016, 00:56
Did anyone who attended AD in BNE on Thursday 4th August receive Xref on Friday?
Yes I did and was quite surprised since they told us to expect to wait 2 weeks. Are you BNE based? I'm SYD.

poppyseed
7th Aug 2016, 04:17
Hi SupersonicFlight- I was there on Thursday in BNE and haven't heard anything. Did you get an email for Xref already?- That's so awesome if you did, congrats!!

Ayana
7th Aug 2016, 07:29
Hi Supersonic,

I was also there on Thursday. I have received an email from Xref and both my references have been sent requests, however I've not received an offical email from QCCA advising I have progressed to the next stage.

GalleyHag
7th Aug 2016, 13:24
SupersonicFlight - If they have progressed you that quickly you have certainly made an impression on the recruitment team best of luck

Mn64
8th Aug 2016, 03:06
Does anyone know if you have to buy your own large suitcase? I know they issue a cabin bag, handbag etc, but if you are on a long trip, surely you'll need more than what a cabin bag can carry.

GalleyHag
8th Aug 2016, 03:12
You purchase your own and claim it back as a tax deduction. Quite a few luggage stores offer great discounts when you show your QF ID

Mn64
8th Aug 2016, 03:20
You purchase your own and claim it back as a tax deduction. Quite a few luggage stores offer great discounts when you show your QF ID

Thanks, Galleyhag, does that apply for shoes, too? And do you know if they require onboard shoes AND a second pair for the airport etc (like Emirates), or you just wear the single pair?

Dinc D Princ
8th Aug 2016, 08:23
Hello, everyone!
First of all, a huge congratulations to all the internal ones receiving their final green light! Amazing!
Second, congrats to the Mel guys on progressing forward after such a long anxious wait! So glad to hear you're on track with the SYD applicants now! And also, BNE guys! Good luck to all of you! Fingers crossed for everyone!
A friend of mine received a rejection letter mid last week an I was both sad and shocked to hear that.
We were together on our AD in Syd 7th July and he smashed it!
His rejection letter came 10days after Xref, and just like everyone here, he had outstanding references with more than 9years of international flying for Virgin and Etihad. He was so gutted by the news and lack of any explanations.
Even though we're far from being finished with the recruitment process, I was honestly hoping we're kinda done with eliminations. :( I guess not.
So, once again, wishing everyone the best of luck!

Dinc D Princ
8th Aug 2016, 08:59
That's awful! When did he apply??

Apparently the people who applied last yr got an automatic rejection, but that was just because the job ad closed (doesn't necessarily mean they are out). Hope this is the case for him.

That is so sad if it isn't the case :( don't think i could take TWO rejection emails from the one application lol

Nah, he applied in May.
I told him of your experience in hope he can maybe contact someone and get back in the game just like you. But that wasn't the case.
He wrote to them to ask what happened 'cause he just can't wrap his head around it. He knows both his referees so well and he's a million % sure it had nothing to do with them.
The answer he received said they have too many applications to provide individual reasons for each rejection and they encourage him to reapply after 12months.
I'm now opening my email every single day with eyes wide shut hoping to hear from them, yet not wanting to hear from them 'cause I'm afraid it can still be a rejection letter. :{

Mn64
8th Aug 2016, 23:30
Nah, he applied in May.
I told him of your experience in hope he can maybe contact someone and get back in the game just like you. But that wasn't the case.
He wrote to them to ask what happened 'cause he just can't wrap his head around it. He knows both his referees so well and he's a million % sure it had nothing to do with them.
The answer he received said they have too many applications to provide individual reasons for each rejection and they encourage him to reapply after 12months.
I'm now opening my email every single day with eyes wide shut hoping to hear from them, yet not wanting to hear from them 'cause I'm afraid it can still be a rejection letter. :{
Oh that is just awful, especially not knowing the reason behind it :(
I'm sure you'll be ok, how long since your last correspondence from QF?

Sarah77
9th Aug 2016, 00:25
Any MEL applicants received news after Xref yet? Mine were submitted over a week ago now. Waiting, waiting, waiting in anticipation lol...

Dinc D Princ
9th Aug 2016, 01:56
Oh that is just awful, especially not knowing the reason behind it :(
I'm sure you'll be ok, how long since your last correspondence from QF?

Nothing since my Xref was completed 28th July.
Looong wait. But, hey, some internals here waited almost 3 months :}
Hopefully, it'll go faster! :O

unique76
9th Aug 2016, 08:05
Any MEL applicants received news after Xref yet? Mine were submitted over a week ago now. Waiting, waiting, waiting in anticipation lol...

Not yet. Im still waiting.

747girl
9th Aug 2016, 12:44
Can someone help me please? I've been an F.A for premium international airlines over the years but for the past few years have concentrated on helping my family run their property business. I was invited to a AD and also do a video interview but it worries me about recent references if I managed to get through. Do you know what refs I would be required to provided? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks and good luck to all!xX

Hopefulharry
9th Aug 2016, 22:01
Hello, everyone!
First of all, a huge congratulations to all the internal ones receiving their final green light! Amazing!
Second, congrats to the Mel guys on progressing forward after such a long anxious wait! So glad to hear you're on track with the SYD applicants now! And also, BNE guys! Good luck to all of you! Fingers crossed for everyone!
A friend of mine received a rejection letter mid last week an I was both sad and shocked to hear that.
We were together on our AD in Syd 7th July and he smashed it!
His rejection letter came 10days after Xref, and just like everyone here, he had outstanding references with more than 9years of international flying for Virgin and Etihad. He was so gutted by the news and lack of any explanations.
Even though we're far from being finished with the recruitment process, I was honestly hoping we're kinda done with eliminations. :( I guess not.
So, once again, wishing everyone the best of luck!
I'm so sorry to hear this. Your friend must have been so confused. I guess we never really know what will happen until we have an offer. I attended the AD on July 6 in Sydney. My references were contacted on July 22 and I received the ASIC application and background check email on the 5th of August. I am hoping that I am out of the woods, in regards to a rejection email, but it seems that we can not be certain. Wishing you all the best of luck. It is a tense time that involves a lot of waiting. All we can do is try to remain optimistic! Sending good vibes to all the applicants out there!

SupersonicFlight
9th Aug 2016, 23:03
Hi Hopefulharry....May I ask you how much the ASIC check costs? Also...did you get an invitation to do a Medical at the same time (I believe the Medical costs a couple of hundred dollars too)?

Hopefulharry
9th Aug 2016, 23:36
Hi SupersonicFlight. I have not received anything regarding the medical yet. My last communication was the ASIC email on Friday, which I then completed on Saturday. I applied to another airline last year and was accepted, only to have to turn down the position right before ground school started due to a serious family situation. At that time the ASIC cost $230 ish (I think) but we were told to bring our receipt to ground school and we would be reimbursed (which I obviously never did ... never mind). This time around though it seems that the application was linked to Qantas so it seems ( and I may be wrong), that they are taking care of the fee. I believe most airlines cover the cost of this (whether upfront or reimbursing you later on). My medical last year was about $500 - which I believe is quite standard. It was a shame to spend that money last year and then have to turn down the offer. I am excited at the prospect of spending it again though as I desperately want this job! Hoping the ASIC process isn't too long and I can get the medical done and then wait (not so patiently) for an offer :)
Good luck to you!

Mn64
9th Aug 2016, 23:40
Hi SupersonicFlight. I have not received anything regarding the medical yet. My last communication was the ASIC email on Friday, which I then completed on Saturday. I applied to another airline last year and was accepted, only to have to turn down the position right before ground school started due to a serious family situation. At that time the ASIC cost $230 ish (I think) but we were told to bring our receipt to ground school and we would be reimbursed (which I obviously never did ... never mind). This time around though it seems that the application was linked to Qantas so it seems ( and I may be wrong), that they are taking care of the fee. I believe most airlines cover the cost of this (whether upfront or reimbursing you later on). My medical last year was about $500 - which I believe is quite standard. It was a shame to spend that money last year and then have to turn down the offer. I am excited at the prospect of spending it again though as I desperately want this job! Hoping the ASIC process isn't too long and I can get the medical done and then wait (not so patiently) for an offer :)
Good luck to you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation last year, wishing you all the best with this one! Although if you're at ASIC then I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine now :)

Mn64
9th Aug 2016, 23:43
Can someone help me please? I've been an F.A for premium international airlines over the years but for the past few years have concentrated on helping my family run their property business. I was invited to a AD and also do a video interview but it worries me about recent references if I managed to get through. Do you know what refs I would be required to provided? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks and good luck to all!xX

When you go to the AD you need to take two referees from previous roles. If you get through to ref checks, they'll scan and send you back your reference list, and they'll let you know if they are satisfactory references. My form had ticks on it, so I guess you'd know if they wanted something else. Is there anyone you could use as a referee from your airline days?

SupersonicFlight
10th Aug 2016, 01:23
Good luck to you!
Hi Hopefulharry....Thank you for providing that information. It will certainly help me to start saving up for the money. If we are lucky in getting the job, then it will certainly be tax deductible.

May I ask how long was the wait period between submitting Xref and getting notified to do ASIC?

Also, which documents do we submit with the ASIC application? When I did my AD, the assessor signed off on the copies of my documents. Which ones do we send off for the ASIC?

Dinc D Princ
10th Aug 2016, 01:36
Thank you, Hopefulharry, for the time frame.
Knowing it was two weeks between your Xref and ASIC puts me at ease 'cause that's still not due for me.
I just got a bit anxious after my friend's rejection, knowing we come from pretty much the same background, Etihad and Emirates being always rated close together and we both worked in those airlines for ages.
Fingers crossed! There's still time!

Dinc D Princ
10th Aug 2016, 01:47

Hi, 747girl!
even though Mn64 already answered your Q, I'd just like to add that both referees will have to be your direct ground managers.
That one was so tricky in my case, 'cause EK has a very strict and clear policy of not giving references to their crew.
QF is aware of that, as we spoke about it on my AD, but they said it's a rule they will not bend so you'll just have to go around the bush (if that's also the case in your airline) to try and get your ex managers to do that for you even though they're not supposed to. I'm so grateful mine did.
Wishing you all the best with you application!

Hopefulharry
10th Aug 2016, 02:08
Hi SupersonicFlight. It was exactly 2 weeks between Xref email and ASIC email. As for documentation for the ASIC, it is 100 points of ID. So passport and drivers licence copies signed by a Qantas rep (which they did at the AD) or a JP.

angel14
10th Aug 2016, 05:52
Originally Posted by 747girl http://www.pprune.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/476471-qantas-qcca-wannabes-recruitment-ii-post9468056.html#post9468056)

Hi 747girl, I'm also in the same situation where my ex airline won't give references however I have applied with jetstar and got through ;) but when I had interview I mentioned about my ex airline and they were aware about Emirates, Qatar and Etihad not giving references. I showed them my certificate of service and gave one reference where I currently work f/time plus a casual reference. They only called f/t reference. I've only been back 18mths and spent 4 years overseas so I was concerned about what would happen, thank goodness they understood.

manymiles
10th Aug 2016, 06:04
Yep I was there on the 13th :) my ref checks are also complete. Now we wait... Again lol
Hi everyone,
I attended the AD on the morning session of 13th July in Melbourne. I received the xref email last Monday - 3rd August, and both of my References have been completed. One was done last Monday 3rd August, and the 2nd was completed on Wed 5th August. Waiting - along with some others on the next update. Fingers crossed it's good news! Good luck to everyone!!

747girl
10th Aug 2016, 11:53
Hi Mn64, angel14, Dinc d Prince, thanks so much for reaching out to help me. It does sound a bit tricky with the refs but I can provide past refs although I am worried that they may be a bit old. I shall have a go and thanks again you have all be great. Good luck!Xx

SupersonicFlight
10th Aug 2016, 13:00
Does anyone else know of, or have heard of, other candidates being unsuccessful during the Xref stage?

Mn64
10th Aug 2016, 22:11
Does anyone else know of, or have heard of, other candidates being unsuccessful during the Xref stage?

Earlier in the forum there was another person who was cut after the reference round, if you have a look through the forum it'll be there somewhere. Not sure if they had their references checked with XRef, or by phone.

manymiles
10th Aug 2016, 23:23
Hi supersonic,
I've just received an email today (11th Aug) advising I was unsuccessful. This was 9 days after receiving the xref email. Both of my referees submitted glowing references apparently! I am gutted!

hmmm_wondering
11th Aug 2016, 00:55
Are there any other internals still waiting to hear that haven't been given the job offer yet?

Mn64
11th Aug 2016, 04:23
Does anyone know why they are hiring so many new crew members? Seems like there are a lot of assessment days taking place this time. Are they adding new routes, offering mass redundancies etc?

chicka
11th Aug 2016, 04:56
Does anyone know why they are hiring so many new crew members? Seems like there are a lot of assessment days taking place this time. Are they adding new routes, offering mass redundancies etc?

Hi Mn64 they have had a lot of redundancies and retirements for the QAL crew over the past few years, they have been using short haul crew to help fill the gab but a lot of those contracts are close to ending. This is the biggest recruitment drive since the initial QCCA intake in 2007/2008.

Mn64
11th Aug 2016, 05:25
Hi Mn64 they have had a lot of redundancies and retirements for the QAL crew over the past few years, they have been using short haul crew to help fill the gab but a lot of those contracts are close to ending. This is the biggest recruitment drive since the initial QCCA intake in 2007/2008.

Thanks Chicka, just curious! So for the crew who have been filling the gap, would they have to apply internally to get the position they'd been filling?

chicka
11th Aug 2016, 11:53
Thanks Chicka, just curious! So for the crew who have been filling the gap, would they have to apply internally to get the position they'd been filling?

That's ok, yes absolutely, I'm not sure how many would have applied though. I know there were a lot of applications from QantasLink crew from all bases. 😊

SupersonicFlight
12th Aug 2016, 06:03
Hi supersonic,
I've just received an email today (11th Aug) advising I was unsuccessful. This was 9 days after receiving the xref email. Both of my referees submitted glowing references apparently! I am gutted!
Hi manymiles,

I'm saddned to hear that you came so close to the finish line and was just short of it on this occasion. I hope it doesn't discourage you from reapplying again next year. In the meantime, keep moving forward and keep busy and focus on your campaign for next time round. The universe has a funny way of delievering things to us when the time is right. Keep smiling and keep moving forward.

Mn64
12th Aug 2016, 06:06
Hi supersonic,

So, so sorry to hear this 😭😭

SupersonicFlight
13th Aug 2016, 22:49
HI Everyone,

May I ask, during the medical stage, do they also take blood and hair samples, or is it just urine?

Do they make you do cardio exercises as well? (LOL...cos I'm not that fit)

chicka
14th Aug 2016, 02:03
HI Everyone,

May I ask, during the medical stage, do they also take blood and hair samples, or is it just urine?

Do they make you do cardio exercises as well? (LOL...cos I'm not that fit)

With the medical it is just normally a urine test I think from memory you will need to have a blood test to show your vaccinations are up to date, but usually at the medical they don't do that. Yes they will get you to touch your toes, stretch, bend and jump but that's about it, also I had to have a hearing test to, but last medical was 8yrs ago. 😉

SupersonicFlight
14th Aug 2016, 03:09
With the medical it is just normally a urine test I think from memory you will need to have a blood test to show your vaccinations are up to date, but usually at the medical they don't do that. Yes they will get you to touch your toes, stretch, bend and jump but that's about it, also I had to have a hearing test to, but last medical was 8yrs ago. ��
Hi Chicka,

Thanks for that information. I'm aware that the medical costs a lot of money, so I'm trying to save up money. Can I confirm with you that the following vaccinations are what they are lookng for:

- ADT (Tetanus - Diptheria)
- MMR (Measels, Mumps, Rubella)
- Typhoid
- Twin Rix

Lucyellen
14th Aug 2016, 09:17
I just went for medical, they start with a urine test and then do a hearing and vision test (with and without glasses/contacts).
You've also got a blood pressure check and then they will also ask you to bring any vaccination records.
They will suggest that if you're unsure you can go to your GP prior to your medical and get a serology test to see what you have immunity for and what you still need vaccinations for.
I already had Hep B and MMR as a child but got them again because my immunity had lessened.
They will be looking for:
Hep A
Hel B
MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
Chickenpox
ADT

Like said above they'll get you to bend, stretch and check your key joint movements for any issues.

All up my medical cost me $300, I went to my GP straight after for my vaccinations and for Hep A, Hep B and MMR which cost me $140.

Hope this helps!

unique76
14th Aug 2016, 10:22
Hi supersonic,

Hi manymiles
I too received an email on the 11th Aug stating i was unsuccessful. I know my references were great. I have no idea why this has happened. Its sad that we cant even get feedback. Why even send a reference check and then get rejected?? Oh well there is always next year i guess. Good luck to everyone who is at reference check stage.

chicka
14th Aug 2016, 23:33
I had a phone call from recruitment this morning they have been having difficulty contacting my one of my referees when she told me the name I was like um she isn't my referee, and I gave them the correct name, they said that the name I gave had been crossed out and this other ladies name and details been added in. So weird. They said if they are unable to contact her today that I won't make it through so now I am scrambling to try and find another referee, wish me luck 😊

Mn64
14th Aug 2016, 23:49
I had a phone call from recruitment this morning they have been having difficulty contacting my one of my referees when she told me the name I was like um she isn't my referee, and I gave them the correct name, they said that the name I gave had been crossed out and this other ladies name and details been added in. So weird. They said if they are unable to contact her today that I won't make it through so now I am scrambling to try and find another referee, wish me luck 😊
Oh gosh Chicka, that is pretty rough. I can't help but wonder if some other people have been cut after Xref due to similar circumstances...
Wishing you the best of luck, let us know how you go!! :) :)

Dinc D Princ
15th Aug 2016, 00:15
Fingers crossed for you, Chicka! I can imagine how stressed you are at this point. Hope all goes well!

I've received an email today from Qantas ID Services.
Basically, a link to do my background check (scan and upload a 100point of identification, pic., address history...), but since I never went through that process before with my airline (I did, but not like this, that is), I'd just like to ask if anyone here knows if this is that ASIC check or is it just something for QF and I'm still not through to ASIC?
Got a bit confused 'cause ASIC was not mentioned anywhere in the letter, but then again, the things to upload are exactly what you'd upload for it.
Thank you all!

Kevin, any news for you?!

SupersonicFlight
15th Aug 2016, 00:20
Hi Chicka,

Have they tried contacting the original referee that you put on the form, before it was crossed out? I'm assuming that it wasn't you who crossed it out, so perhaps it was done by mistake by the person?

I'm really hoping everything goes well for you.

Croissant2016
15th Aug 2016, 00:23
Basically, a link to do my background check (scan and upload a 100point of identification, pic., address history...), but since I never went through that process before with my airline (I did, but not like this, that is), I'd just like to ask if anyone here knows if this is that ASIC check or is it just something for QF and I'm still not through to ASIC?
Got a bit confused 'cause ASIC was not mentioned anywhere in the letter, but then again, the things to upload are exactly what you'd upload for it.
Thank you all!

Yes this is ASIC check/security check all the same thing. Qantas ID services provide/issue the ASIC clearance

SupersonicFlight
15th Aug 2016, 00:31
Fingers crossed for you, Chicka! I can imagine how stressed you are at this point. Hope all goes well!

Thank you all!

Kevin, any news for you?!
Hi Dinc D Pinc,

Qantas ID services are the ones who administer ASIC cards for all employees. They imprint door swipe access to aerobridges and access to crew rooms on the microchip inside the ASIC card.

Dinc D Princ
15th Aug 2016, 00:43
Croissant2016 & SupersonicFlight, thank you both so much!
That's great news, then!

Sarah77
15th Aug 2016, 01:02
I too just received the email from Qantas ID Services.. At my Assessment day they sighted and signed copies of my passport and licence although kept them however it's asking me to upload these ID docs or ones signed by a JP?? Did everyone at this stage go out and get this done??

Mn64
15th Aug 2016, 01:16
I too just received the email from Qantas ID Services.. At my Assessment day they sighted and signed copies of my passport and licence although kept them however it's asking me to upload these ID docs or ones signed by a JP?? Did everyone at this stage go out and get this done??

That's great news!! I remember they asked everyone to take two copies- one they took, the other they signed the second copy of each document was signed so it could be submitted for this part of the application :)

manymiles
15th Aug 2016, 01:56
Hi SupersonicFlight and Mn64,
Thanks so much for your note in response to my update about being unsuccessful after XRef stage.
No, I wont give up. It's things like this that make us stronger, and more determined for success.
All the best of luck to both of you, and maybe one day in the near future I will see you both in the skies.
Happy Flying!
Regards,
manymiles

hmmm_wondering
15th Aug 2016, 01:57
Croissant2016 where are you currently at with your application?

manymiles
15th Aug 2016, 02:04
Hi manymiles
I too received an email on the 11th Aug stating i was unsuccessful. I know my references were great. I have no idea why this has happened. Its sad that we cant even get feedback. Why even send a reference check and then get rejected?? Oh well there is always next year i guess. Good luck to everyone who is at reference check stage.
Hi unique76.
I'm very saddened to hear this happened to you also. I'm so sorry!
I think there may have been a few of us who missed out after the reference checking. I'm guessing they have recruited many internals, and also those with other airline long haul experience? Also appears to be more hearing good news from Sydney and Brisbane??
I sent an email, and got an automated response saying they cannot provide feedback, and I need to wait 12 months before re-applying. I wonder if this is for ALL cabin crew roles with Qantas, or QF/QCCA only roles. Given that we made it all the way to reference checking it would be nice to think we could potentially apply for some possible upcoming domestic/short haul cabin crew roles - as I have no doubt some will come available very shortly!
All the best of luck for you and your future!
Regards,
manymiles

chicka
15th Aug 2016, 03:40
Hi Chicka,

Have they tried contacting the original referee that you put on the form, before it was crossed out? I'm assuming that it wasn't you who crossed it out, so perhaps it was done by mistake by the person?

I'm really hoping everything goes well for you.

Thanks everyone thanks supersonic, I think it was the people checking the references that crossed my reference out, the lady I spoke to in recruitment said she had been handed the file with my referees name crossed out and a different ladies name and number written in. I explained to the lady that the referee I had provided I had spoken to and she was expecting her call. I have phoned back and given another reference, but it's not as good as the 2 I provided. It is all a little strange. The recruitment lady I spoke to also thought it was strange as there was a note on the file that they had tried to call, the lady who wasn't my reference several times leaving messages and not hearing back. I actually said no wonder she hasn't replied as I don't know her and she doesn't know me lol. So I guess I will see how I go from here. I'm taking the attitude what will be will be. 😊

Flyj23
15th Aug 2016, 06:34
Hi everyone,

Congrats to those who are at the ASIC stage!
I attended the Melb AD on the 13th and progressed to reference checks about a fortnight later. I am yet to hear anything further. Is anyone else in the same boat as me or able to shed any light on my situation?
Many thanks

Croissant2016
15th Aug 2016, 10:41
Croissant2016 where are you currently at with your application?

I received a phone call about 3 weeks ago with a GS start date.. So I'm in I'm just still stickybeaking in here ;)

Sarah77
15th Aug 2016, 23:48
Well done to those at ASIC stage and for those still waiting just remain positive as no news is still good news. For those that have received an offer, just wondering how long after completing the ASIC application online did you then receive further news/email etc, ie medical email, offer etc?

vivvyx3
16th Aug 2016, 05:58
Hi everyone,

I attended the Melb AD on the 13th and progressed to reference checks about a fortnight later. I am yet to hear anything further. Is anyone else in the same boat as me or able to shed any light on my situation?
Many thanks

Hi there :)
I also attended the same assessment day and done the reference check! But still waiting on response!
Finger cross to both of us!

Hopefulharry
16th Aug 2016, 07:23
Got the medical email today! Only 11 days after the ASIC email. I checked my security check status yesterday and noticed that everything had been checked and today I received the medical email! Was fortunate enough to be able to get an appointment for tomorrow for the Doctor! Excited to get this next stage checked off the list! Wishing you all the best of luck, what ever stage you are all at!

Sarah77
16th Aug 2016, 07:27
That is fantastic news Hopefulharry and thanks for the info... The finish line is most definitely insight now for you wohoo!!!

Mn64
17th Aug 2016, 07:28
Got the medical email today! Only 11 days after the ASIC email. I checked my security check status yesterday and noticed that everything had been checked and today I received the medical email! Was fortunate enough to be able to get an appointment for tomorrow for the Doctor! Excited to get this next stage checked off the list! Wishing you all the best of luck, what ever stage you are all at!

Congrats, Harry! How'd it go?

Flyj23
17th Aug 2016, 13:02
Hi there :)
I also attended the same assessment day and done the reference check! But still waiting on response!
Finger cross to both of us!

Hey Vivvy, thanks for the update! I really hope we get some good news soon! I want this job so much.
Keep me posted :)
Goodluck!

Hopefulharry
17th Aug 2016, 21:54
Congrats, Harry! How'd it go?
It was pretty simple and straight forward. Qantas should have received the majority of the results yesterday and the rest, hopefully, by the end of the week. Simple physical check, urine test, drug & alcohol test, hearing & vision test. Feels good to have another thing crossed off the list!

Ayana
18th Aug 2016, 06:10
Hi All,

Has anyone who attended the Brisbane assessment day had any correspondence from QCAA? Have unsuccessful emails been sent, or further emails apart from XRef? 😊

poppyseed
18th Aug 2016, 08:55
Hi All,

Has anyone who attended the Brisbane assessment day had any correspondence from QCAA? Have unsuccessful emails been sent, or further emails apart from XRef? 😊

Hi Ayana- I was there on the 4th and got my XREF email on Monday. Both my referees completed it yesterday. Where are you up to? :)

Ayana
18th Aug 2016, 09:09
Hi Poppyseed 😊

I received the Xref email on the 5th August. Both referees completed on the 6th August. I'm yet to have received anything since. Did you get an email from QCAA advising you had progressed to reference checks, or did you just receive the Xref email? (I only received the email from Xref).

KAAATE
18th Aug 2016, 20:28
Hi everyone,

Many thanks

I was also at the AD on the 13th and am now at ASIC stage so I'm sure you'll hear something really soon :)

poppyseed
18th Aug 2016, 21:48
Hi Poppyseed 😊

I received the Xref email on the 5th August. Both referees completed on the 6th August. I'm yet to have received anything since. Did you get an email from QCAA advising you had progressed to reference checks, or did you just receive the Xref email? (I only received the email from Xref).
Hi Ayana! No, nothing since, it's only been a couple of days for me though- the suspense must be killing you!! Will you be Brisbane base? :)
Update: I received an email for medical a couple of hours ago. Did you receive something today? :)

Lachlan.Turner
18th Aug 2016, 23:21
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone that has been sent for the medical has had to have a blood test to see if you have immunity to Hep A, B, Measles etc? If so, how long does this take & who would you send the results to - back to the examining doctor or straight to QF? Thanks!

Sarah77
19th Aug 2016, 03:49
Any MEL people that are at ASIC stage had any news??

Hi Poppyseed, you received an email about medical before the email for ASIC application?

poppyseed
19th Aug 2016, 04:57
Any MEL people that are at ASIC stage had any news??

Hi Poppyseed, you received an email about medical before the email for ASIC application?

Hi Sarah :)
Yeah, I did but the email says I should have received the ASIC email already so I'm not sure what's going on! I'll send them an email and find out I guess.

Ains76
19th Aug 2016, 06:06
Hi Sarah :)
Yeah, I did but the email says I should have received the ASIC email already so I'm not sure what's going on! I'll send them an email and find out I guess.

Check your junk email folder. That's where my ASIC email showed up. It said application for new ID. Doesn't actually say ASIC

vivvyx3
19th Aug 2016, 06:26
Hey Vivvy, thanks for the update! I really hope we get some good news soon! I want this job so much.
Keep me posted :)
Goodluck!

Hey~ have you got any updates :)
It's interesting how there are a lot of them who have got a reply but yet we haven't!

SupersonicFlight
19th Aug 2016, 07:35
Hi Poppyseed,

Congrats on getting through to Medical. I think most applicants get to medical after ASIC, so on this occasion, it appears a little unusual. Did you check your spam or junk mail folder for the ASIC email?

lilyflower
19th Aug 2016, 09:06
Hi Guys,

Anyone who attended the Brisbane AD on the 4th of August?
Just wondering where everyone is up too :) & if you have had an email or contract offer?
I have only had a phone call and completed my Ref checks, Medical & ASIC

poppyseed
19th Aug 2016, 09:41
Hi Supersonic,

Definitely no ASIC email, I just checked on my PC incase it was not working on my phone for some reason. I'm sure it should be fine though, I need to email them about the medical appointment date & time anyway. Where are you up to with the process? :)

SupersonicFlight
19th Aug 2016, 09:55
Hi Poppyseed,

I'm still currently waiting at the Xref stage. I think the bulk of applicants are still waiting around the Xref/ASIC/Medical stages now. It seems that recruitment is happening at different waves, with each wave moving through different stages at different times. It must be a massive challenge for HR to juggle so many different applicants moving through at different stages at the same time.

SupersonicFlight
19th Aug 2016, 10:14
Hi Everyone,

May I ask, do they still take a full dental X-ray during the Medicals?

lilyflower
19th Aug 2016, 10:25
Hey Supersonicflight,

No they don't :)

KAAATE
19th Aug 2016, 12:14
Hi Everyone,

May I ask, do they still take a full dental X-ray during the Medicals?

I don't think they do it during the medical. If you're offered a position it's your responsibility to supply a dental X-ray. I flew for Qantas a couple of years ago and that was the case, so unless it has changed since I imagine it will be the same process :)

Hopefulharry
19th Aug 2016, 21:15
I just did mine a few days ago and did not need to have one. I have not been asked to supply one yet either.

Mn64
19th Aug 2016, 21:16
I don't think they do it during the medical. If you're offered a position it's your responsibility to supply a dental X-ray. I flew for Qantas a couple of years ago and that was the case, so unless it has changed since I imagine it will be the same process :)

What do they want to know by having the dental x-Ray? Is it for identification if something bad happens?

KAAATE
19th Aug 2016, 23:15
What do they want to know by having the dental x-Ray? Is it for identification if something bad happens?

Yep! They don't usually ask for it until ground school date is booked.

Lachlan.Turner
20th Aug 2016, 08:20
Just wondering if anyone has had to have extra vaccinations after their medical before it can be completed? And how long does this usually take? Cheers.

lilyflower
20th Aug 2016, 23:46
Hey,
I had to get my Vaccines on the day of medical and have to repeat a month later than 6 months after that :)

Lucyellen
21st Aug 2016, 00:22
Just wondering if anyone has had to have extra vaccinations after their medical before it can be completed? And how long does this usually take? Cheers.

I had to get a few vaccinations because originally I had them as a child and my immunity had lessened. I think In some cases you can get them at medical but I went to my GP in the afternoon following my medical and got them done and they forwarded all the info to the necessary places.
It takes a few days for the medical people to collate all the info and submit it to Qantas so you've got a couple days to get it done.
If you're unsure of what vaccinations you need you can get a serology blood test from your GP prior to medical so you know exactly what you're up for.

Hopefulharry
21st Aug 2016, 00:46
Got a call from Qantas on Friday offering me a tentative spot at an upcoming ground school (starting in 2 weeks!!!). My medical was done on Wednesday and sent to Qantas on Friday. It was still with the Qantas medical team to be checked and hadn't been sent on to the recruitment team yet. As soon as the recruitment team get it, they can make a formal offer. Hoping the medical people pass it on to them on Monday and then I should get an email!

Hopefulharry
21st Aug 2016, 00:58
That's awesome Harry, well done! I'm so happy for you!! Did they say which aircraft/s? Are you able to leave your current job to start in two weeks?
They didn't mention details. The call was really to check if I had to give notice at my current place of employment (which, fortunately, I do not). They said that they have tentatively placed my name on the list for ground school and as soon as the recruitment team get my medical from the Qantas medical department, I will get the formal notification!

Hopefulharry
21st Aug 2016, 01:41
That's great! it's interesting that they asked if you had given notice, are we meant to do that at the ASIC stage? It would seem more safe to wait until the offer surely :P
No, they didn't ask if I had given notice. They asked me how much notice I needed to give. I do not need to give any where I am. When I told them that, they said that they had a ground school starting in 2 weeks and wanted to put me on the list for it.

Mn64
21st Aug 2016, 01:42
No, they didn't ask if I had given notice. They asked me how much notice I needed to give. I do not need to give any where I am. When I told them that, they said that they had a ground school starting in 2 weeks and wanted to put me on the list for it.

Ah got it, thanks for clarifying. Congrats again!

Hopefulharry
21st Aug 2016, 01:57
Thanks so much! Wishing you well too!

PlaneSilly
21st Aug 2016, 02:27
Well done Harry. Could I ask if you got a confirmation email from the medical doctor or from Qantas medical services when your medical was sent? Cheers.

lilyflower
21st Aug 2016, 05:24
Well done Harry! I got the same call a week ago, where will you be based? :)

Bundy1
21st Aug 2016, 08:31
Hi Who can do the medical is it a Qantas doctor or a CASA approved doctor (DAME) or your own doctor.
As you can see I have just joined this forum so am trying to keep abreast of how things work and in what sequence

poppyseed
21st Aug 2016, 08:34
Anyone know where to find the current EBA?

Hi MN64, I think the FAAA is the best place to source it but you might need log ins. I know the EBA is currently under negotiation so I think we'll be seeing a new one within the next couple of months.

Croissant2016
21st Aug 2016, 11:32
Anyone know where to find the current EBA?

This is the current but it's just started negotiations (which could take a year or so) who knows how long really

https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/documents/agreements/fwa/ae401775.pdf

Ayana
22nd Aug 2016, 00:14
Hi Guys,

Anyone who attended the Brisbane AD on the 4th of August?
Just wondering where everyone is up too :) & if you have had an email or contract offer?
I have only had a phone call and completed my Ref checks, Medical & ASIC

Hi Lilyflower, have you done both the ASIC and Medical already after the Brisbane AD on the 4th? That's great news - congrats!! What were the timeframes between each. Are you BNe based?

Mn64
22nd Aug 2016, 02:35
This is the current but it's just started negotiations (which could take a year or so) who knows how long really

https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/documents/agreements/fwa/ae401775.pdf
Thank you so much :)

Dinc D Princ
22nd Aug 2016, 02:55
Got a call from Qantas on Friday offering me a tentative spot at an upcoming ground school (starting in 2 weeks!!!). My medical was done on Wednesday and sent to Qantas on Friday. It was still with the Qantas medical team to be checked and hadn't been sent on to the recruitment team yet. As soon as the recruitment team get it, they can make a formal offer. Hoping the medical people pass it on to them on Monday and then I should get an email!

Awesome news! Sooo good! And so soon that GS! You nailed it!
No news on my front.
Submitted my ASIC a week ago and, by the looks of it, still hasn't been forwarded to Auscheck or any other organization. Just hanging there
It's so funny! At the beginning, we were 1 AD apart, then 1 ASIC week apart and now quite a bit apart! It stretched...
Same happened to Mn64 and me. Same AD, then got separated at Xref. So, you really can't make a time line or find a pattern.
And there are more applicants on the way, as there is another AD tomorrow!

Dinc D Princ
22nd Aug 2016, 03:30
Agreed, it is so odd how it works out! I'm just waiting for auscheck to return the check, all the other steps on the checklist have been completed (really quickly, surprisingly). We really can't guess or assume anything haha

Hahaha! See? Now you're again ahead of me, like when we started!
Mine just shows when I submitted it and the rest is NA all the way down...
I must be honest and say that it is probably easier for you Aussies at this stage, as my background check includes three different countries and numerous addresses, so I kinda understand. Plus, not only that I'm not Australian, but I'm not even a citizen. I guess, that plays a big part in those checks. They need to be sure I'm not some dodgy character. :}

vivvyx3
22nd Aug 2016, 03:41
Hello everyone,

Anyone in Melbourne still waiting at Xref stage? I attended AD on 14th July and asked to provide ref on 1st Aug.. Yet still waiting. A lot of melb base has gone to further stages and I was wondering if anyone is still at the same stage as me?

Dinc D Princ
22nd Aug 2016, 03:56
That makes sense, hope it can all be done soon. One of my addresses is an overseas one, which makes me more surprised that most of it has been done. Hopefully yours will move along soon, maybe your application will pass me by again :P

May I just ask you, when you log on and see the documents you've submitted, can you see yours if you press on 'preview'?
I've tried to see the preview of my passport etc, just to make sure it uploaded correctly, but keeps saying it cannot be displayed, so was just wondering if that's just me or..
I'm thinking, maybe they couldn't open it either, but, then again, surly they'd contact me... Haha, or at least I hope they would!

Dinc D Princ
22nd Aug 2016, 04:16
Yep, same pop-up message, on both PC and iPad. Ok, that puts me at ease!
Thank you, very, very much for checking it!!!

Mn64
22nd Aug 2016, 04:36
Yep, same pop-up message, on both PC and iPad. Ok, that puts me at ease!
Thank you, very, very much for checking it!!!

Happy to help :)

Hopefulharry
22nd Aug 2016, 09:51
Well done Harry. Could I ask if you got a confirmation email from the medical doctor or from Qantas medical services when your medical was sent? Cheers.
I got a call from the Doctor telling me that they had sent my results in to Qantas. They then get sent to the Qantas medical team and then on to the recruitment team.

Hopefulharry
22nd Aug 2016, 09:54
Well it is official! Got the call about an hour ago offering me a spot!
I know some people had asked about which base. I had originally applied for Sydney but when I attended the AD, they said that if Brisbane was a preference, to list that. Brisbane was better for me so I listed that as my 1st preference, followed by Sydney!
Anyway, the offer came today! Ground school starts 2 weeks from today, on September 5th for a Brisbane based position. Training will be in Brisbane! Couldn't be more excited to get this next chapter of my life started! Wishing you all the very best of luck! I will be sure to come back here and keep checking on how you are all going! Hopefully one day I will meet several of you and learn your real names ... haha :)

Mn64
22nd Aug 2016, 10:34
Well it is official! Got the call about an hour ago offering me a spot!
I know some people had asked about which base. I had originally applied for Sydney but when I attended the AD, they said that if Brisbane was a preference, to list that. Brisbane was better for me so I listed that as my 1st preference, followed by Sydney!
Anyway, the offer came today! Ground school starts 2 weeks from today, on September 5th for a Brisbane based position. Training will be in Brisbane! Couldn't be more excited to get this next chapter of my life started! Wishing you all the very best of luck! I will be sure to come back here and keep checking on how you are all going! Hopefully one day I will meet several of you and learn your real names ... haha :)

Congratulations, Harry!! You must be so pleased! Thanks for sharing your journey with us, and best wishes for ground school and your new career.

Hopefulharry
22nd Aug 2016, 10:38
Congratulations, Harry!! You must be so pleased! Thanks for sharing your journey with us, and best wishes for ground school and your new career.
Thank you so much! Looking forward to hearing more good news from all of you soon!

SupersonicFlight
22nd Aug 2016, 12:57
Hi Hopefulharry, Mn64, Dinc D Princ,

Congratulations on getting through to the finish line. May I ask, which recruitment rounds did you all originate from?...was it November 2015 or May 2016?

Hopefulharry
22nd Aug 2016, 21:55
Hi Hopefulharry, Mn64, Dinc D Princ,

Congratulations on getting through to the finish line. May I ask, which recruitment rounds did you all originate from?...was it November 2015 or May 2016?
I applied in May 2016. Even though the wait seemed like ages, I guess it has really not been too long. My timeline was:
Applied May 2016
Contacted June 26 to book AD
AD July 6
Advised July 7 that I was on to next round
XRef received July 21
ASIC received Aug 5
Medical email received Aug 16
Completed medical Aug 17
Tentative offer Aug 19 (pending receiving medical results)
Official offer Aug 22
Ground school starts Sep 5 in Brisbane!

Funny, as I type this, a plane flew overhead! Looking forward to getting ground school underway! Wishing success to all of those on this forum!

Mn64
23rd Aug 2016, 05:16
Quick question for all those past the ASIC stage, when do you collect your ASIC card? On the security check update page it has a note for times where to collect it. Can we go get it once the medical is done, or is there a different procedure?

Sarah77
23rd Aug 2016, 05:25
For those at ASIC stage, out of interest how long did it take for all the ticks to come through?

Hopefulharry
23rd Aug 2016, 05:32
Quick question for all those past the ASIC stage, when do you collect your ASIC card? On the security check update page it has a note for times where to collect it. Can we go get it once the medical is done, or is there a different procedure?
When I got the offer, I was told I would receive another email telling me where to collect my ASIC, but to disregard it. It sounded like it would be given to us at ground school.

Hopefulharry
23rd Aug 2016, 05:32
For those at ASIC stage, out of interest how long did it take for all the ticks to come through?
Mine took about 10 days

Mn64
23rd Aug 2016, 05:40
When I got the offer, I was told I would receive another email telling me where to collect my ASIC, but to disregard it. It sounded like it would be given to us at ground school.
Good to know, thanks! Bet that'll be exciting, getting your first piece of Qantas related merchandise :D

Ayana
23rd Aug 2016, 08:58
Hi Ayana! No, nothing since, it's only been a couple of days for me though- the suspense must be killing you!! Will you be Brisbane base? :)
Update: I received an email for medical a couple of hours ago. Did you receive something today? :)

Oh congrats on the medical email - super exciting for you. I haven't heard anything yet and my ref checks were completed 3 weeks ago. Trying not to read too much into it haha but we'll see. I attended the Brisbane AD but I have Sydney/Melbourne as my first and second preference, and Brisbane as my third.

SupersonicFlight
24th Aug 2016, 01:52
Hi Hopefulharry & Mn64,

Thank you for providing that information :O

SupersonicFlight
24th Aug 2016, 01:54
Hi Everyone,

May I ask, to those who completed or are completing their medicals in SYD, what options do they give you in terms of selecting the examiner? Where are the examiners located in SYD?

Thank you

Dinc D Princ
24th Aug 2016, 02:07
Hey, Kevin!
I'm always happy to see you posting! I'm sorry that you didn't manage the get a spot at this latest AD, but keep your head up! Mn64 has a wonderful example of applying LONG time ago and being contacted by them as soon as they had another AD. I was reading her/his story from the beginning and couldn't believe some of the things... It just proves to show that what they told you in that email is true-they do keep a track of ppl they want to hear more of and they'll contact you for sure!
I'm having my fingers crossed for you, 'matey'!

Hopefulharry, BIG CONGRATS!!! So happy you're officially done! Sit back now, relax and enjoy the ride!

Mn64, you luck bringer! As soon as I told you about that ASIC still pending, it progressed. Hahaha, not much, though, 2 lonely ticks, but slowly getting there!

Hi, SupersonicFlight! I've applied now in May, with AD 7th July. Hope you're done now with your Xref. I think that was when we all got very separated in terms of how long did it take.

Croissant2016
24th Aug 2016, 05:43
Hi Everyone,

May I ask, to those who completed or are completing their medicals in SYD, what options do they give you in terms of selecting the examiner? Where are the examiners located in SYD?

Thank you

I know that the DAME based at Sydney Airport Medical Centre does most of the aviation medicals (international terminal)

I think there is likely one at Richmond RAAF base other than that not sure

Mn64
24th Aug 2016, 05:55
Hey, Kevin!
I'm always happy to see you posting! I'm sorry that you didn't manage the get a spot at this latest AD, but keep your head up! Mn64 has a wonderful example of applying LONG time ago and being contacted by them as soon as they had another AD. I was reading her/his story from the beginning and couldn't believe some of the things... It just proves to show that what they told you in that email is true-they do keep a track of ppl they want to hear more of and they'll contact you for sure!
I'm having my fingers crossed for you, 'matey'!

Hopefulharry, BIG CONGRATS!!! So happy you're officially done! Sit back now, relax and enjoy the ride!

Mn64, you luck bringer! As soon as I told you about that ASIC still pending, it progressed. Hahaha, not much, though, 2 lonely ticks, but slowly getting there!

Hi, SupersonicFlight! I've applied now in May, with AD 7th July. Hope you're done now with your Xref. I think that was when we all got very separated in terms of how long did it take.

Is true, there have been many instances where I thought my application had reached its end, so just keep positive, and most importantly, continue to go about your life as normal. It may feel like such a roller coaster at times, but eventually it'll be worth it.

Dinc D Princ, so happy to hear your application has progressed!! Thank you for your support throughout mine :) can't wait to meet everyone!

Lucyellen
24th Aug 2016, 10:22
Hi Everyone,

Thank you

From memory there is one out at the airport and there is also one in green square called Immex, both of these do the medical as well as the drug and alcohol testing.
The other place for medical is in the city on Pitt street I think, but if you go there you have to book the drug and alcohol testing through a separate place.

Thing1230
25th Aug 2016, 04:33
Hi all!

Long time reader, first time poster!

Bit of a tricky situation I was hoping to see if anyone had shared. I attended the AD on Brisbane on the 4th August. They said on the day up to 3 weeks to hear back (which is today). I haven't heard anything from them in that time. Where I know others from the same AD have proceeded to Xref and others have had rejection. Do I wait it out and they'll get to me eventually? Or should I somehow follow up in case I've been lost in the pile??

I did put Sydney base as my number 1 preference, but just getting so disheartened with no communication at all.

Thanks in advance!!

vivvyx3
25th Aug 2016, 05:49
Hello everyone.

After Xref and 3 weeks of waiting.. I have just received a email saying that they are still going through internal process and will have outcome of applications when it's due course.

Does that mean I am not going through or will there still be chances? :(
Is anyone on the same boat?

SupersonicFlight
25th Aug 2016, 13:07
Hi Lucyellen and Croissasnt 2016

Thank you for providing that information and for the heads up, much appreciated.

vivvyx3 >>> Its good that you got that email today, sounds like they are keeping you in the loop of your progress. Its difficult to read into it too much, but it pretty much sounds more positive than negative....cos if it was a rejection letter, they would have told you straight away in the email, rather than send an informative message to be only followed by a rejection letter. So keep your spirits up and think of it as a good thing.

Let us know how you go.

sharkies15
25th Aug 2016, 21:50
Hello everyone.

After Xref and 3 weeks of waiting.. I have just received a email saying that they are still going through internal process and will have outcome of applications when it's due course.
Does that mean I am not going through or will there still be chances? :(
Is anyone on the same boat?

Hi, I got the same email yesterday and attended BNE AD but I put SYD as base. Take it as a positive sign that we are still on the radar. Waiting, waiting, waiting...🙄

Mn64
26th Aug 2016, 03:58
Anyone at ASIC stage get any correspondence? Apparently I'm on active hold, hope this will mean something coming up at some point :)

Dinc D Princ
26th Aug 2016, 04:30
I agree with SupersonicFlight. I kinda think they wouldn't be sending you updates and explain any delays if they wanted to reject you.
Someone here said to me earlier 'no news is good news with QF' Hahaha! Fingers crossed!

Dinc D Princ
26th Aug 2016, 04:32
To all of you at and after ASIC stage, any idea what 'HSE status' means..? Does that have to be ticked as well or stays N/A?

Sarah77
26th Aug 2016, 04:49
I just got the email too stating that my "ref checks and security checks have been conpleted and I am on active hold whilst they plan potential future ground schools".. Good news I guess however was hoping for an email telling me to go and get a medical... Arrghhhh the waiting game continues lol... I can understand how busy they must be at the moment so will just stay positive and keep checking my emails again every 5 minutes lol...

Melgirl
27th Aug 2016, 01:16
Is anybody doing ground school in September :)

Cocoana
27th Aug 2016, 06:10
Big "Thank you" for all of you sharing these information xxoo~ For months I've been searching on the internet trying to get some updates and now I feel like I'm home lol~ I applied on May 2016 and now on the process of getting ASIC done. It's been 2 wks now and I'm hoping to hear an update next week!

Reading through all these messages lights up my excitement and I'm now sooooo nervous. I think we all done great since the whole process takes time and energy.

Also big "Congratulations" for those who has already got offers and "Good luck" for everyone including myself, we will all get there!!!

Hopefulharry
27th Aug 2016, 21:35
Well done Harry! I got the same call a week ago, where will you be based? :)
Based in Brisbane. You??

poppyseed
27th Aug 2016, 22:09
Congrats to all of you that have upcoming ground schools, you must be so excited!!
I'm sure 99% of us on here would love to hear you're timeline of events as to when you applied, received XREF, medical, ASIC and then an official offer, if anyone would like to share?
Also, is anyone starting ground school in late September? - it'd be nice to think maybe some of us on here could make it in time for this!
Has anyone else received medical prior to ASIC? I'm beginning to think maybe they know something about my health that I don't :P

flyinghighinthesky89
28th Aug 2016, 02:12
Hi all,

I have been searching for a feed like this for awhile and finally found it yay! Thanks for all your info guys!

I applied for the International Flight Attendant positions in May 2016. Received email invitation to conduct online video interview on the 17th of June. Received invitation to attend AD on either the 23rd or 30th of August. I have selected the 30th of August. Not long now!!

Just wondering if anyone attended last weeks AD on the 23rd? Or recently?

Do they ask you any specific individual questions or are all the assessments/questions group based?

Thanks guys :):):)

lilyflower
28th Aug 2016, 06:38
Hey Melgirl,

I am starting Ground school September in Brisbane? will you be there? :)

lilyflower
28th Aug 2016, 06:46
Hey Everyone,

I am glad I found this site as it kept me sane while I waited :)
What I love most about this site is that everyone is so friendly and supportive towards one another.

I thought I would share my timeline.

AD - Brisbane 4th August 16
Ref email - 5th August 16
Phone call regarding medical test - 10th august 16
Medical Test - 15th August 16
Golden Call - 24th August 16
Ground School - 5th Sept ( Brisbane )

:) To be honest I was very surprised how quickly it happened for me & to all those who are still waiting all I know is that they are extremely busy and they have more ground school coming up in the near future ;)

"No news is good news" that is so true!

They would have emailed those by now if you were not sucessful.

Stay positive & Hopeful <3

Looking forward to seeing those in Brisbane in September :p

Mn64
28th Aug 2016, 07:21
I just got the email too stating that my "ref checks and security checks have been conpleted and I am on active hold whilst they plan potential future ground schools".. Good news I guess however was hoping for an email telling me to go and get a medical... Arrghhhh the waiting game continues lol... I can understand how busy they must be at the moment so will just stay positive and keep checking my emails again every 5 minutes lol...

I wouldn't be too worried, because I met someone yesterday who was going to an AD in Syd on Tuesday. I'm sure that they will be running ground schools sometime in the near future, otherwise there wouldn't be much point in holding more assessment days

Mn64
28th Aug 2016, 10:33
Hey Everyone,

What I love most about this site is that everyone is so friendly and supportive towards one another.

:) To be honest I was very surprised how quickly it happened for me & to all those who are still waiting all I know is that they are extremely busy and they have more ground school coming up in the near future ;)

Oh my gosh, congrats!! That is so quick, bet it is a shock for you as that all happened so quickly, and it's such an amazing honour to be offered the job. Congrats!! Can I ask, did they give you a training schedule?

lilyflower
28th Aug 2016, 11:55
Oh my gosh, congrats!! That is so quick, bet it is a shock for you as that all happened so quickly, and it's such an amazing honour to be offered the job. Congrats!! Can I ask, did they give you a training schedule?
Mn64,

Thank you so much :) Oh yeah it was defiantly a surprise & I am very humble that it has happened very quickly. I have a feeling you all will get a call as soon as they clarify the next ground school dates. I got an email after the call and it mentioned through it that the training schedule will be emailed a week prior to training, so Im assuming I will get this sometime this week. Which base did you apply for?

Cocoana
28th Aug 2016, 12:56
Anyone in Melbourne got any update yet? Seems that it progresses more quickly in other cities than in Melbourne... Soooo nervous >_<:rolleyes:

Cocoana
28th Aug 2016, 22:36
Morning~~

Wanna share my timeline:

Applied: 18 May 16
Online Interview: 17 June 16
Hogan Assessment:12 July 16
AD: 14 July 16
Ref: 1 August 16
ASIC apply: 12 August 16

Still waiting...

On the ID service page, I've got all sections been ticked apart from the HSE. Not sure what that means. Fingers crossed:O

Dinc D Princ
29th Aug 2016, 01:10
I was surprised to hear that Sarah77 received an email saying they're still trying to organize dates for GS in Melbourne.
MEL ADs were held before BNE and it's almost twice as big (I dare say, aviation needs are higher) so I thought they'll prioritize it, yet reading posts here, seems like they've pushed the BNE recruitment quite a lot as majority of them are already done and ready to start GS.
Wishing you best of luck (!!!!) and please let us know later on if you're also trained on Main Fleet like the batches that started three months ago.
I'm sure, Sarah77, that you'll be contacted very soon to go do your medical.
I honestly think they'll try to push all of us to start & finish training before X-mass period so they can operate holidays with extra crew.

Mn64
29th Aug 2016, 01:20
I was surprised to hear that Sarah77 received an email saying they're still trying to organize dates for GS in Melbourne.
MEL ADs were held before BNE and it's almost twice as big (I dare say, aviation needs are higher) so I thought they'll prioritize it, yet reading posts here, seems like they've pushed the BNE recruitment quite a lot as majority of them are already done and ready to start GS.
Wishing you best of luck (!!!!) and please let us know later on if you're also trained on Main Fleet like the batches that started three months ago.
I'm sure, Sarah77, that you'll be contacted very soon to go do your medical.
I honestly think they'll try to push all of us to start & finish training before X-mass period so they can operate holidays with extra crew.

I agree! I got the same for SYD base (and I'm sure you'll get the same email soon), saying that they have to organise training and they'll provide more info in due time, but given that there are still AD's for Syd coming up, I think it won't be a long wait at all. Someone told me that there is a GS starting sometime in October for SYD, so i can only hope that being 'on hold' won't be for a year or something like that

lilyflower
29th Aug 2016, 01:30
Here is my timeline-
24/11/16- application submitted
14/1/16- email saying my application is on hold until positions come up
14/6/16- invite to AD, link to video & psych assessments
7/7/16- AD
8/7/16- email stating my application is through to ref checks
23/7/16- email saying my application was no longer being considered (error email)
3/8/16- email stating my application is through to ref checks (same as 3/8/16)
3/8/16- Xref email
15/8/16- ASIC
26/8/16-email saying checks done, am on active hold
:)
Mn64,

your time line is insane! You have been waiting so patiently and I think they notice those things. The good news for you is that you have done your aSIC they wouldn't make you do that if they didn't want you, surely. Once you get the email or call to do the medical that is everything done, when I did my medical on a monday morning They sent my information that same afternoon :)

Keep staying positive, I agree with Dinc D Princ I reckon they need heaps for the X-mas Period and they are slowly working out everyone's application.

I know they needed Brisbane up and going soon so maybe all the Melbourne & Sydney GS will be ready in no time <3

Dinc D Princ
29th Aug 2016, 02:31
Nah, for sure not that long! Oh, God! Hahahah!
Their CEO had some interview last week, I've heard. He was commenting a record profit and mentioned a big order of Boeing Dreamliners as well as opening new destinations in the near future.
I haven't seen the interview, but heard lots of people talking about it. Apparently QF is back...and doing better than ever!

Thing1230
29th Aug 2016, 04:06
Hi all!

Long time reader, first time poster!

Bit of a tricky situation I was hoping to see if anyone had shared. I attended the AD on Brisbane on the 4th August. They said on the day up to 3 weeks to hear back (which is today). I haven't heard anything from them in that time. Where I know others from the same AD have proceeded to Xref and others have had rejection. Do I wait it out and they'll get to me eventually? Or should I somehow follow up in case I've been lost in the pile??

I did put Sydney base as my number 1 preference, but just getting so disheartened with no communication at all.

Thanks in advance!!

nicolep
29th Aug 2016, 04:28
Hey everyone!

I applied for SYD base and had AD and ref checks done in late june.

I completed my ASIC application on the 2nd of july and all ticks were completed by mid august. I received the email for the medical on the 17th of August and completed it on the 19th of August, the Doctors office called me on the 22nd with all clear results and had sent the results to QF already. I still haven't heard anything from QF directly. Is anyone else in the same boat? Im starting to get nervous something may not have been right.

They also said in my medical email that I wouldn't be able to give 4 weeks notice to my current employer if I was successful - was this the same for everyone?

Any advice would be great! Thanks and good luck to everyone on here too!!

Melgirl
29th Aug 2016, 08:40
Hey Melgirl,

I am starting Ground school September in Brisbane? will you be there? :)

No I'll be in The mel ground school :)
Do you know what aircraft you're on yet?

Mn64
29th Aug 2016, 08:41
No I'll be in The mel ground school :)
Do you know what aircraft you're on yet?

Do you know which aircraft you'll be trained on?

Melgirl
29th Aug 2016, 09:26
Do you know which aircraft you'll be trained on?

Not heard anything offical yet

cc123
29th Aug 2016, 16:08
For those in MEL on sept28 I believe we are mainline :)

Internals - during the golden call they advised we must resign from our current position no more than 3 days before commencing at QCCA. Can anyone confirm if our staff travel remains during that gap? I may email but understand they are very busy. Both myself and family will need to use staff travel during that time between resigning from one part of the QF group and commencing at QCCA.
Also I hope years of service aren't affected due to the gap too. Just sent my resignation in to have my last day 3 days before I start for QCCA and freaking out I'll have my years of service start again and no staff travel :O :( thoughts??

Cocoana
29th Aug 2016, 23:51
More than two weeks waiting now, still on ASIC stage, shall I call them to ask if there is anything wrong?

nicolep
30th Aug 2016, 00:47
Hi Everyone!

Just thought id share a bit of my experience so far!
I attended AD in MEL (applied for SYD base) on the 17th of June and my ref checks were done the next day. On the 28th I received the ASIC email and completed that on the 1st of July. I then hadn't heard anything until I got an email for go for my medical on the 17th of August and completed the medical on the 19th. The Doctor office called me on the 21st to say results were all clear and had just been sent to QF yet I still haven't heard anything from them at all. Is there others in the same boat for SYD??

Goodluck to everyone!! :)

Melgirl
30th Aug 2016, 02:23

Internals - during the golden call they advised we must resign from our current position no more than 3 days before commencing at QCCA. Can anyone confirm if our staff travel remains during that gap? I may email but understand they are very busy. Both myself and family will need to use staff travel during that time between resigning from one part of the QF group and commencing at QCCA.
Also I hope years of service aren't affected due to the gap too. Just sent my resignation in to have my last day 3 days before I start for QCCA and freaking out I'll have my years of service start again and no staff travel :O :( thoughts??

That's exciting!
From what I've heard it carries straight over and your staff travel start date/ years service stays the same just a new staff number

cc123
30th Aug 2016, 03:00
That's exciting!
From what I've heard it carries straight over and your staff travel start date/ years service stays the same just a new staff number
Haha it's all happening! Stressful but exciting. Yes that's correct I've been told it carries over luckily! Just the 3 day gap worried me. I may amend my resignation to be the day I start so there's no issues...
Are you in the sept ground school? See you then if so!! :)

Cocoana
30th Aug 2016, 06:21
Hi hi, anyone in Melbourne has an update yet???

Wes11
30th Aug 2016, 06:43

Hi, cc123…

What the steps for the internal applicants? Mine is still at XRef check stage. I wonder our process whether it will be same as others or different?

Melgirl
30th Aug 2016, 07:26
Haha it's all happening! Stressful but exciting. Yes that's correct I've been told it carries over luckily! Just the 3 day gap worried me. I may amend my resignation to be the day I start so there's no issues...
Are you in the sept ground school? See you then if so!! :)

See you there!
I'm also taking 4 days ( I was told and just double checked my email out of fear no more than 5 days, due to ASIC transfer) from what I've heard it's okay but when we get our contract it will have it on there I think

Wes11
30th Aug 2016, 09:21
hello, everyone... I have a question about the internal recruitment process..

I am currently in Qantas Ground Services, and applied QCCA in May, had AD on 23/08/16, and in Xref stage since 24/08/16...

I wonder what processes after that for the internal applicants? Is all the same thing as other applicant or different?

Hopefulharry
30th Aug 2016, 10:19
Hey Everyone,

Look forward to meeting you on Sep 5!!

natjayne
30th Aug 2016, 10:39
See you there!
I'm also taking 4 days ( I was told and just double checked my email out of fear no more than 5 days, due to ASIC transfer) from what I've heard it's okay but when we get our contract it will have it on there I think
Hi Melgirl and cc123!

Just checked with someone who has transfed and he said it happens automaticaly if you chase it up with HR.
See you both in Melbourne on the 28th!!

Sarah77
31st Aug 2016, 02:56
Hi there Cocoana
My ASIC ticks have all been completed (Mel base) and I rec'd an email last Frid 26th Aug saying that my reference & security checks have been done and that I am on "active hold" whilst they finalise ground school dates and they will be in contact in due course. I believe the next stage will be a medical and then hopefully an offer. Its a long process so just be patient as I believe its quite a big recruitment. Good luck.

Mn64
31st Aug 2016, 02:57
More than two weeks waiting now, still on ASIC stage, shall I call them to ask if there is anything wrong?
Probably better not to. They have been doing assessment days in the last few weeks as well as finalising ground schools, on top of processing all these applicants. Unfortunately you will have to wait to hear anything. If you look at my timeline I posted earlier you'll see that delays are normal (but they will get around to contacting you). Stay positive :)

Dinc D Princ
31st Aug 2016, 03:05
Hi, there, Cocoana!
Same here. But, all good! And normal, apparently. When I spoke to a lady that called me to do my ASIC the same day I receive the link, she said she has a whole list of ppl to call and prompt them 'cause it may take up to a month for Auscheck to be done.

Sarah77
31st Aug 2016, 03:14
My timeline to date (MEL base) for those interested...

18th May - Application Submitted

17th June - Video Interview Invitation

7th July - Hogan Online & Assessment Day Invitation

15th July - Attended Assessment Day

1st August - Advised through to Reference Checking

2nd August - Advised both References Completed

15th August - ASIC email Received and Completed

25th August - All ASIC ticks completed

26th August - Received email stating that my "reference and security checks were complete and that I'm on active hold whilst they finalise ground school training dates"

Cocoana
31st Aug 2016, 03:35
Hi there Cocoana
My ASIC ticks have all been completed (Mel base) and I rec'd an email last Frid 26th Aug saying that my reference & security checks have been done and that I am on "active hold" whilst they finalise ground school dates and they will be in contact in due course. I believe the next stage will be a medical and then hopefully an offer. Its a long process so just be patient as I believe its quite a big recruitment. Good luck.
Thank you Sarah77, I'll do deep breath * 3 and look forward to an update just round the corner:O hopefully we could meet at the GS in the near future!!!

Cocoana
31st Aug 2016, 03:39
Probably better not to. They have been doing assessment days in the last few weeks as well as finalising ground schools, on top of processing all these applicants. Unfortunately you will have to wait to hear anything. If you look at my timeline I posted earlier you'll see that delays are normal (but they will get around to contacting you). Stay positive :)

Sure Mn64, I'll try to do something else to relax my poor nerves :} Your reply is so reassuring :ok: Will do, stay positive!!!

Cocoana
31st Aug 2016, 03:43
Hi, there, Cocoana!
Same here. But, all good! And normal, apparently. When I spoke to a lady that called me to do my ASIC the same day I receive the link, she said she has a whole list of ppl to call and prompt them 'cause it may take up to a month for Auscheck to be done.

Thank you Dinc D Princ :ok: The excitement of getting into this job actually makes me also nervous lol~~~ I'll try to stay calm and wait for the next update :O

lilyflower
31st Aug 2016, 04:44
Look forward to meeting you on Sep 5!!
HopefulHarry,

Looking forward to meeting you also :)

I am so excite! It's all happening now.

kaodwyer
31st Aug 2016, 09:16
Hi nicolep,

I am in the exact same boat as you and also applying for Sydney base!

I did my medical assessment last Monday 22nd August and the results were sent to QF the following day. I too am yet to hear anything, so hopefully neither of us have anything to worry about...

Best of luck x

Hi Everyone!

Just thought id share a bit of my experience so far!
I attended AD in MEL (applied for SYD base) on the 17th of June and my ref checks were done the next day. On the 28th I received the ASIC email and completed that on the 1st of July. I then hadn't heard anything until I got an email for go for my medical on the 17th of August and completed the medical on the 19th. The Doctor office called me on the 21st to say results were all clear and had just been sent to QF yet I still haven't heard anything from them at all. Is there others in the same boat for SYD??

Goodluck to everyone!! :)

Mn64
31st Aug 2016, 22:59
Hey guys, this is for any current QF staff- do you know what the rules are for the large suitcase that we have to get? Like black, within certain dimensions etc? Just wondering because I have someone in the US at the moment who can get one for a reasonable price :P

nicolep
1st Sep 2016, 06:37
Oh that is comforting Kaodwyer thanks for your response!! I have read there were others on here who are at ASIC stage but had then received emails to say they've been put on active hold and I never got that email or anything at all since completing my medical on the 19th so i hope we hear sooner rather than later!

My fingers are crossed for us!!

Lucyellen
1st Sep 2016, 08:38
Nicolep and Kaodwyer I'm the same as you guys, medical has been submitted for 3 weeks now so I'm just trying my best to play the waiting game patiently and not overthink it all too much.

Oh that is comforting Kaodwyer thanks for your response!! I have read there were others on here who are at ASIC stage but had then received emails to say they've been put on active hold and I never got that email or anything at all since completing my medical on the 19th so i hope we hear sooner rather than later!

My fingers are crossed for us!!

Wes11
1st Sep 2016, 12:35
Hi, everyone…
Is anyone attend 23/08/16 AD in Sydney?
I got Xref next day, thought I was doing good till I saw the post that there’s still rejection happened in this stage… It got me worried…

kaodwyer
1st Sep 2016, 12:37
Nicolep and Kaodwyer I'm the same as you guys, medical has been submitted for 3 weeks now so I'm just trying my best to play the waiting game patiently and not overthink it all too much.

Lucyellen 3 weeks is ages to wait without hearing anything!! Well done on being so patient, I just hope they update us soon... I've seen a lot of people on here who have also been waiting a really long time between stages so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

Nicolep I didn't get that email either, I went straight from ASIC check being completed to the medical assessment. I'm not really sure what that means...

nicolep
2nd Sep 2016, 01:18
Its good to know we aren't alone then! I was starting to think they had forgotten about me or lost my application or something Im thinking up some crazy theories now that the process has hit the 3 month mark! I think that if we do get an offer we will basically get no notice before a training group starts!

Ayana
2nd Sep 2016, 02:55
Here is my timeline-
24/11/16- application submitted
14/1/16- email saying my application is on hold until positions come up
14/6/16- invite to AD, link to video & psych assessments
7/7/16- AD
8/7/16- email stating my application is through to ref checks
23/7/16- email saying my application was no longer being considered (error email)
3/8/16- email stating my application is through to ref checks (same as 8/7/16)
3/8/16- Xref email
15/8/16- ASIC
26/8/16-email saying checks done, am on active hold
:)

Hi MN64 - how did you know it was an error email. Did you contact them to confirm by phone or email or did you just action the next email when you received it a few days later? :)

Ayana
2nd Sep 2016, 03:13
Hey Ayana, I contacted them to find out. Turns out it was an auto generated email from last years round :) so everyone who applied last year would have got the email

Did you contact them by email or phone? I bet you were relieved when you found out it was a mistake 😊😊

Cocoana
2nd Sep 2016, 05:36
Another week waiting:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Mn64
2nd Sep 2016, 08:05
Heard anything recently, chicka?

sepgc
2nd Sep 2016, 08:17
Hi all, So glad I found this thread - its so helpful!

I attended the Brisbane assessment day on the 5th August, I completed the xref part and then last week got an email saying thank you for your patience but today received both an unsuccessful email and also the ASIC email - so confused?!
I have emailed them to find out which one is correct but since its Friday I will now probably have to wait until next week for a reply
Did anyone else get emailed today?

Lucyellen
2nd Sep 2016, 08:18
Nicolep I just got an email saying that I have cleared medical and now have been put on active hold while they finalise start dates for future ground schools. Feels good to have an update and know everything went through without a hitch! Its good to know we aren't alone then! I was starting to think they had forgotten about me or lost my application or something Im thinking up some crazy theories now that the process has hit the 3 month mark! I think that if we do get an offer we will basically get no notice before a training group starts!

poppyseed
3rd Sep 2016, 00:13

I attended the Brisbane assessment day on the 5th August, I completed the xref part and then last week got an email saying thank you for your patience but today received both an unsuccessful email and also the ASIC email - so confused?!
I have emailed them to find out which one is correct but since its Friday I will now probably have to wait until next week for a reply
Hi Sepgc,

I too received the ASIC email yesterday and attended the BNE AD on the 4th. I didn't receive the Unsuccessful email though. I'm sure if you've done reference checks you'll be fine, hopefully it's just an error :)

Cocoana
3rd Sep 2016, 03:02
:{:{:{I think they've forgotten me, and now I'm preparing myself for holding another year:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Dinc D Princ
3rd Sep 2016, 03:07
Think I've completed my ASIC yesterday...
All green ticks besides 'card ready for printing' and 'HSE status'.
I'm especially fond of that 'Final Qantas security clearance'! Have no idea what it is, but sure sounds good! Yaaay!
I now wait for the email saying it's officially completed, right?

Mn64
3rd Sep 2016, 03:16
I'm especially fond of that 'Final Qantas security clearance'! Have no idea what it is, but sure sounds good! Yaaay!

Great to hear! I imagine you'll get an email saying that your checks are done, and that you're on active hold until the ground school dates are finalised. That's what I got, and a few others have said the same

Mn64
3rd Sep 2016, 03:34

When did you apply- this year, or last year?

Dinc D Princ
3rd Sep 2016, 04:09
That would be great, Mn64! Tnx!

sepgc
3rd Sep 2016, 04:32
I applied Nov last year, I have tried to login using the link in the asic email and it's not working so perhaps it's bad news after all 😐

KAAATE
3rd Sep 2016, 14:05
Also got all my security ticks (besides card ready for printing).. Yayyyy!! 😄

Cocoana
3rd Sep 2016, 14:49
Hey KAAATE, so you've got your medical done right?

KAAATE
3rd Sep 2016, 23:24
Hey KAAATE, so you've got your medical done right?

No medical yet, I assume that will be next :)

Cocoana
4th Sep 2016, 00:18
Oh KAAAT, that's very exciting:) great news for updating:O

Ayana
4th Sep 2016, 12:31
Hi, I got the same email yesterday and attended BNE AD but I put SYD as base. Take it as a positive sign that we are still on the radar. Waiting, waiting, waiting...🙄

Hi Sharkie,
I've also put SYD as my base. Have you heard anything yet? I haven't had anything since the "thanks for your patience" email the week before last 😁

sharkies15
4th Sep 2016, 23:18
Hi Sharkie,
I've also put SYD as my base. Have you heard anything yet? I haven't had anything since the "thanks for your patience" email the week before last 😁

Hi Ayana,
I haven't heard anything either yet, anxiously checking my emails 😬

nicolep
5th Sep 2016, 03:11
I got the same email last friday too! I just hope it won't be too much longer :(

Mn64
5th Sep 2016, 03:17
I applied Nov last year, I have tried to login using the link in the asic email and it's not working so perhaps it's bad news after all 😐

Hi sepgc, just wondering if you have heard anything more about the two conflicting emails?

Cocoana
5th Sep 2016, 03:28
Hi Dinc D Princ, same on this stage. Yet I've been on this stage since the final clearance for 2 weeks now still have no update. Have you had your medical done? I'm wondering if it's just me or the whole situation in Melbourne:sad:

vivvyx3
5th Sep 2016, 06:01
Just got my ASIC email today! Wohoo. PatientLy waiting for a month finally worthed :)
Just out of curious.. How long does it take for all the ticks to be completed?

poppyseed
5th Sep 2016, 06:11
Hey Guys- is the ASIC email the 'eq.notification' from Qantas? Nothing in my email actually says anything about ASIC so I'm a little unsure :P

poppyseed
5th Sep 2016, 09:25
Thanks Mn64 that clears things up a bit! I like that the emails says 'registration for staff'- makes it sound promising!! :D
I had a missed call on my phone last Thursday from one of the recruiters saying they needed more information for my application but haven't been able to get in contact with them since. I wonder what on Earth they need to know?

nicolep
5th Sep 2016, 14:32
Hey Lucyellen and Kaodwyer,
Did you read in the medical email that drug and alcohol test results are only valid for 3 months and the rest for 12? I hope its not at our expense again to get re tested if we are on hold for that long! If there doing AD's now for Syd I hope it won't be too much longer!

sepgc
5th Sep 2016, 18:40
Mn64 I havent been able to get a hold of them to find out yet... rung at 8am sharp then again in the afternoon and had to leave a voicemail, I also emailed.
I found I had a voicemail asking for more information too while I was in NZ, fingers crossed I can get in touch with them today!

kaodwyer
6th Sep 2016, 00:07
Hey Lucyellen and Kaodwyer,
Did you read in the medical email that drug and alcohol test results are only valid for 3 months and the rest for 12? I hope its not at our expense again to get re tested if we are on hold for that long! If there doing AD's now for Syd I hope it won't be too much longer!

Hey Nicolep,
I didn't even think about that actually! I hope not. Have you both received an email saying you cleared your medical and are just waiting for them to finalise start dates? I haven't got that yet, on Friday I received an email saying they are waiting for my medical results even though they were submitted 2 weeks ago now.

KAAATE
6th Sep 2016, 00:19
Did everyone who has been through the Asic stage get a tick for 'card ready for printing' before they sent you an email about the next step?

Sarah77
6th Sep 2016, 01:47
Looks like quite a few of us here are in the same boat. Fingers crossed we get some good news soon. I have heard that when you get asked to do the medical, it can all happen pretty quick from there however it looks like things have quietened down a bit recently. Good luck to everyone, its quite an emotional roller-coaster of a process I must admit however I'm sure it will be worth it.

KAAATE
6th Sep 2016, 02:59
No, I got an email confirming the check was done and that I am on hold, and the card print part isn't ticked :)

Thanks Mn64! :)

KAAATE
6th Sep 2016, 03:32
No, I got an email confirming the check was done and that I am on hold, and the card print part isn't ticked :)

How long after everything besides card ready for printing was ticked did you get your next step email?

KAAATE
6th Sep 2016, 04:09
So I got the ASIC email on 15/8, all checks (except card printing) completed on 23/8, and the confirmation/hold email on 26/8.

Awesome thankyou! :) all my ticks were completed on Sunday so hopefully I'll hear something in the next couple of days

KAAATE
6th Sep 2016, 05:15
Hopefully! Every time an extra tick appeared I was just thinking 'come ooooon already' haha. Interesting that the last tick appeared on a Sunday

Yeah I was actually surprised by that aswell!