PDA

View Full Version : Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

crewflyer
1st Jul 2017, 05:40
Internal update. I got the call for Sydney to transfer to LH on 26 July. Good luck to all internal and external

Reach High
1st Jul 2017, 10:57
Internal update. I got the call for Sydney to transfer to LH on 26 July. Good luck to all internal and external

Congratulations Crewflyer, All the best for GS, keep us updated which aircraft you'll be flying on. It looks like MAM are receiving their long awaited answer. Any news other internal applicants.. QF, JQ etc.?

Croissant2016
2nd Jul 2017, 10:17
Hi! Congrats on those who have received a call and best of luck for those waiting!
All new intakes for any of the bases will be for mainline 747/330. Once on mainline you can apply via a list at some stage to transfer to 380/787 but it will likely take a year or so. :)

crewator
2nd Jul 2017, 10:55
Anyone attending the AD in SYD on 6th July?

B767300x
3rd Jul 2017, 06:06
Has any other internals received phone calls today??

Dude12
3rd Jul 2017, 06:52
Has any other internals received phone calls today??

No not yet. Is it just mam sydney being called. Any rejections

Dude12
3rd Jul 2017, 10:59

Hi crewflyer. When you were called what was your workday status please.
Congratulations

Dude12
3rd Jul 2017, 11:01
Hi! Congrats on those who have received a call and best of luck for those waiting!
All new intakes for any of the bases will be for mainline 747/330. Once on mainline you can apply via a list at some stage to transfer to 380/787 but it will likely take a year or so. :)
Thanks for the info. Would you know if its just sydney base getting the calls at the momentand why just mam being called

crewflyer
4th Jul 2017, 07:17
Hi crewflyer. When you were called what was your workday status please.
Congratulations

Hi Dude12

I was called on Friday just passed. Its not only MAM's who have been called, I know of QD' also been called. Workday status is in progress. Good luck with your application Dude12, let us know how you get on.

Dude12
4th Jul 2017, 10:49
Hi Dude12

I was called on Friday just passed. Its not only MAM's who have been called, I know of QD' also been called. Workday status is in progress. Good luck with your
application Dude12, let us know how you get on.

Thanks for the reply my status just says interview so a bit anxious. However thanks for the update

aueb
4th Jul 2017, 23:54
Good luck to all tomorrow.

B767300x
5th Jul 2017, 07:19
Internals - When you refer to the status as " In progress" thats the ( external workday program - found in qantas careers)
When you refer to the status as " Interview or Screen" thats the ( Internal workday found in Our internal program)

Update for you all, I'm a "Interview" status and received my call today, they are scheduling the second conversion courses and will provide more calls or unsuccessful emails shortly

Rosey123
5th Jul 2017, 08:27
Internals - When you refer to the status as " In progress" thats the ( external workday program - found in qantas careers)
When you refer to the status as " Interview or Screen" thats the ( Internal workday found in Our internal program)

Update for you all, I'm a "Interview" status and received my call today, they are scheduling the second conversion courses and will provide more calls or unsuccessful emails shortly

thanks B767300x, do you know when Team Jetstar internals find out ?

B767300x
5th Jul 2017, 08:35
Guessing around the same time as they have the conversion courses set in rosey123 :)

Flyinghigh10
5th Jul 2017, 08:44
Guessing around the same time as they have the conversion courses set in rosey123 :)

Tjs have to do full ground schools not just conversions so might be a little later!

Dude12
5th Jul 2017, 08:46
thanks B767300x, do you know when Team Jetstar internals find out ?

Thankyou. That's awesome im interview but havent recieved correspondence yet. Hopefully soon.

Rosey123
5th Jul 2017, 08:53
Tjs have to do full ground schools not just conversions so might be a little later!

Thanks for the information :)

Rosey123
5th Jul 2017, 08:54

Thanks for the information B767300x

Reach High
5th Jul 2017, 10:42
I'm Team Jetstar and my status is showing "in progress" - so what does this mean??.. are some Team Jetstar showing "interview" just curious what other internal TJ internals are seeing in 'my workday'
??

Dude12
5th Jul 2017, 11:01
I'm Team Jetstar and my status is showing "in progress" - so what does this mean??.. are some Team Jetstar showing "interview" just curious what other internal TJ internals are seeing in 'my workday'
??

Yes id like to know aswell.

ibis18
5th Jul 2017, 23:47
Hey all!
Just wondering if any externals are still waiting or have been called recently after doing medicals?
Have been on hold since May 2016, started ASIC end of March, did medicals almost 3 weeks ago.
Read before that some have been waiting over a month?
Reminder to all applicants to CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL frequently! I lost 2 weeks time because my medical request had been sitting in there without my knowledge.
Good luck to everyone :)

Mydecember
6th Jul 2017, 00:09
Has anyone who is currently with MAM heard anything about Long haul Sydney base? I am hearing gossip but starting to get tetchy.

Dude12
6th Jul 2017, 01:31
Has anyone who is currently with MAM heard anything about Long haul Sydney base? I am hearing gossip but starting to get tetchy.
Earlier posts indicate some start conversion training on the 26th july

Flyskyhigh007
6th Jul 2017, 01:32
Hi everyone, can someone please inform me of how long background checks take? And how long until medical?

Thank you and good luck to everyone.(:

crewflyer
6th Jul 2017, 07:54

Hi Mydecember,

There are a few MAM Sydney base crew that have received the call and start there conversion course for Sydney LH on 26 July. What gossip have you been hearing.

Dude12
6th Jul 2017, 23:17
Have their been any melbourne internals starting soon and what part of the group been called. Tj mam qlink qd etc.

Flyingsyd
7th Jul 2017, 00:54
Hi All ,

Just wanting to know if anyone out there attended June 2017 AD in SYD and are waiting at ref checks still? It's been 4 weeks , just curious if anyone's been unsuccessful yet as I know of people after my AD that are now at security ..... the waiting is intense. I've figured they ( HR) like to notify of things on a Friday .... maybe today 😆😆

TIA x

Star999
7th Jul 2017, 01:01
Hi All,
I am new to this forum so forgive my ignorance.
I have some questions Im hoping you guys can help me with.
I am really interested in becoming a Qantas domestic CC member based out of Melbourne.
From what I can gather they have just done a recruitment??
How often do they recruit or is it random?
Can you start as a casual employee?
What are the staff travel guidelines for part-time/casual?
From application to flying what is the approx time frame?
Any help much appreciated.

Flyskyhigh007
7th Jul 2017, 03:17
Hi All ,

Just wanting to know if anyone out there attended June 2017 AD in SYD and are waiting at ref checks still? It's been 4 weeks , just curious if anyone's been unsuccessful yet as I know of people after my AD that are now at security ..... the waiting is intense. I've figured they ( HR) like to notify of things on a Friday .... maybe today 😆😆

TIA x

Hey, I was from a Melb AD. But some of us are up to security, some are still waiting after references, I think they have a lot of us to get through, so it's just luck of the draw unfortunately. Good luck with everything!

Reach High
7th Jul 2017, 04:48
Hi All,
I am new to this forum so forgive my ignorance.
I have some questions Im hoping you guys can help me with.
I am really interested in becoming a Qantas domestic CC member based out of Melbourne.
From what I can gather they have just done a recruitment??
How often do they recruit or is it random?
Can you start as a casual employee?
What are the staff travel guidelines for part-time/casual?
From application to flying what is the approx time frame?
Any help much appreciated.

I would suggest that you keep an eye on the Qantas Careers website. Qantas domestic recruit at different times to Qantas international.

Most here are applying for QCCA (International).

You can also apply for Jetstar through Altara - link is on their website (still Qantas group and some staff travel as casual) The recruitment in April/May was an international recruitment for Sydney and Melbourne, a lot of people have been on active hold for 12 + months.

Qantaslink advertise quite often, just keep a look out for when they advertise.

Good luck, and don't be disheartened if you don't get through the first or second time, many here have tried several times.

LJflyer
7th Jul 2017, 09:19
Have their been any melbourne internals starting soon and what part of the group been called. Tj mam qlink qd etc.

I'm Qlink applied for Melbourne internally. No one at my base has heard yes/no. Some are at screen including myself. Getting a bit anxious

Dude12
8th Jul 2017, 07:13
I'm Qlink applied for Melbourne internally. No one at my base has heard yes/no. Some are at screen including myself. Getting a bit anxious

Thanks. I seem to be in the same boat. It be good to know what assessment stage internals were at prior to receiving the golden call. Whether it was screen or interview. If anyone can divulge this info. That will be appreciated.

cat lady 5
8th Jul 2017, 13:28
No Qantas Flight Attendant (QAL) is being 'made redundant'. Expressions of Interest have been presented by the Company to those who 'may' wish to leave. No one is forced. I know this because I am current crew with over two decades of flying experience. Also, international crew are not being employed as 'casuals'.

[QUOTE=Sydneysider88;7004087]Word on the street is casual recruitment is the new way they're going. Old staff as golden oldies being made redundant. They want fresh young new staff to fill redundancy positions. Word from the top I heard today.

I'm sure there is more to it, and correct me if im wrong. But many older ladies who have been in it for years that I know are all being made redundant and casuals are being placed more and more.[/QUOTE.

Flyinghigh10
9th Jul 2017, 11:56
No Qantas Flight Attendant (QAL) is being 'made redundant'. Expressions of Interest have been presented by the Company to those who 'may' wish to leave. No one is forced. I know this because I am current crew with over two decades of flying experience. Also, international crew are not being employed as 'casuals'.

[QUOTE=Sydneysider88;7004087]Word on the street is casual recruitment is the new way they're going. Old staff as golden oldies being made redundant. They want fresh young new staff to fill redundancy positions. Word from the top I heard today.

I'm sure there is more to it, and correct me if im wrong. But many older ladies who have been in it for years that I know are all being made redundant and casuals are being placed more and more.[/QUOTE.

I think you'll find what you're quoting is from 2012 when this thread first started...
Nobody is saying that now.

Dude12
11th Jul 2017, 02:20
Anyone heard anything or have an idea when

B767300x
11th Jul 2017, 04:12
Spoke with HR yesterday - Outcomes will be told for internals as of next week.

also to the person asking what stage internals were at before the golden call - I personally know of 6 people who have had their calls and they were all at " Interview"

Mydecember
11th Jul 2017, 05:58
OMG internal MAM applicants you should be getting a call soon! Got the golden call today as did many others I know, starting Aug 22 Sydney Base! 2 week conversion cause to long haul. So excited.

Rosey123
12th Jul 2017, 05:46
Spoke with HR yesterday - Outcomes will be told for internals as of next week.

also to the person asking what stage internals were at before the golden call - I personally know of 6 people who have had their calls and they were all at " Interview"

Thanks for the info...Any idea when internal Jetstar crew will find out..?

carguard
12th Jul 2017, 08:25
Hi guys , so I hear Qantas is doing interview in Sydney , any news on if I'm too late to attend the interviews ? Or if you can give me the time and place I'll try just rock up ?

alex.s
12th Jul 2017, 16:19
OMG internal MAM applicants you should be getting a call soon! Got the golden call today as did many others I know, starting Aug 22 Sydney Base! 2 week conversion cause to long haul. So excited.

I got my call on Tuesday too! Same conversion date and base :)

Fightingflyer
13th Jul 2017, 04:32
Hey everyone!

Is anyone from the June assessment day up to their security check? I have done the security check and the process has all green ticks so it's all been completed as of a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone up to this stage heard anything further or progressed to medical? :)

Dude12
13th Jul 2017, 06:26
I got my call on Tuesday too! Same conversion date and base :)

I see all sydney internals are being called. Wonder when melbourne base ground school begins

littleturtle
13th Jul 2017, 13:21
Hey everyone!

Is anyone from the June assessment day up to their security check? I have done the security check and the process has all green ticks so it's all been completed as of a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone up to this stage heard anything further or progressed to medical? :)

I only just submitted the security check. How long did it take to get all green ticks ??

Dude12
14th Jul 2017, 00:27
Just got a call to say im on 12 month active hold. Oh man. Well i suppose atleast its not a noo

Reach High
14th Jul 2017, 02:35
Which part of internal are you within the company?? QF, MAM, JQ ? Perhaps you are just on hold for the 787 intake.. hopefully it
won't be a year of waiting

Cavelle
14th Jul 2017, 03:06
Have any externals heard past security yet? Mine has been ticked off for two weeks.. hoping medical email comes soon!

Dude12
14th Jul 2017, 05:14
Which part of internal are you within the company?? QF, MAM, JQ ? Perhaps you are just on hold for the 787 intake.. hopefully it
won't be a year of waiting
JQ im hoping something comes up. She was unsure when the next mel base trainning will happen

jetsolo
14th Jul 2017, 05:58
JQ im hoping something comes up. She was unsure when the next mel base trainning will happen

Same here! Active hold is a step forward.

Dude12
14th Jul 2017, 06:14

Thank goodness. I wasnt sure whether it was a nice way of rejecting me lol.

B767300x
14th Jul 2017, 06:17
Recieved my golden call today for mel base - starting in september :)

jetsolo
14th Jul 2017, 06:39
Recieved my golden call today for mel base - starting in september :)

What part of the company are you from B767300? Conversion course or full ground school?

B767300x
14th Jul 2017, 06:49
Im mam crew
10 day conversion

jetsolo
14th Jul 2017, 06:51
Im mam crew
10 day conversion

Congratulations and good luck! Did they tell you which aircraft it was for or to be revealed first day of ground school?

B767300x
14th Jul 2017, 06:53
380/787 is what i believe

Angelcharliefox
14th Jul 2017, 07:11
Just got a call to say im on 12 month active hold. Oh man. Well i suppose atleast its not a noo

Same here, active hold for 12 months, hopefully it won't be 12.

jetsolo
14th Jul 2017, 08:15
380/787 is what i believe

Ok. Was curious as someone has said all future conversion and schools would be for the 330/747 and then transfer into 380/787 later on. But if they told you it was for the 380/787 it must only be a myth

jetsolo
14th Jul 2017, 08:16
Same here, active hold for 12 months, hopefully it won't be 12.

What base are you for Angelcharliefox and where internally are you working?

Dude12
14th Jul 2017, 09:01

Do we get email to confirm our active hold as i just got a phone call

jetsolo
14th Jul 2017, 11:32
Do we get email to confirm our active hold as i just got a phone call

I'm not sure? The person I spoke to from the talent acquisition team said they were making calls as many misunderstood what "active hold" meant. She didn't say anything about an e-mail confirmation but did say you would probably here something further from them within the next few months even if it was to confirm you were still on active hold.

Flyskyhigh007
14th Jul 2017, 21:33
Hi, can someone please confirm Medical checks are the same as for JQ?
Thanks in advance.

Dude12
14th Jul 2017, 22:36
I'm not sure? The person I spoke to from the talent acquisition team said they were making calls as many misunderstood what "active hold" meant. She didn't say anything about an e-mail confirmation but did say you would probably here something further from them within the next few months even if it was to confirm you were still on active hold.
Oh good where on the same page

littleturtle
15th Jul 2017, 07:43
Oh good where on the same page

Active hold? Is that before security check? What stage are you up to before the active hold?

Dude12
15th Jul 2017, 07:54
Active hold? Is that before security check? What stage are you up to before the active hold?

Not sure but if youre internal then no because its already done

Sandman_EX_EK25
15th Jul 2017, 08:40
Anyone from the MEL AD, done the security checks? Any other comms come through?

littleturtle
15th Jul 2017, 11:15
Not sure but if youre internal then no because its already done

oh im external, just worried to be put on active hold after security / medical

jetsolo
15th Jul 2017, 15:28
oh im external, just worried to be put on active hold after security / medical
That's a real possibility.

littleturtle
16th Jul 2017, 02:11
That's a real possibility.

Fingers crossed

littleturtle
19th Jul 2017, 06:22
Fingers crossed

Oh just completed my security check but then also received an email saying I've been placed on active hold. Anyone else on same boat.

And also it says if 12 months passes I'll have to reapply? ...

Flyskyhigh007
19th Jul 2017, 07:18
Oh just completed my security check but then also received an email saying I've been placed on active hold. Anyone else on same boat.

And also it says if 12 months passes I'll have to reapply? ...

Hi, I'm exactly the same! External application, AD, security checks cleared and received an email about active hold for 12 months!

Sandman_EX_EK25
19th Jul 2017, 07:40
Hi @littleturtle... yep in the same boat.

Just received the email today. Everything was moving so quick.. no its 'active hold' time.

Reapplying in after 12 months passes.. wow! :(

MissDee88
19th Jul 2017, 08:36
Hi, I'm exactly the same! External application, AD, security checks cleared and received an email about active hold for 12 months!

I'm External. AD on 6Jul17 for SYD base long haul received email today re active hold, 12 months. Were you from AD on 6Jul17? :(

MissDee88
19th Jul 2017, 08:37
Anyone attending the AD in SYD on 6th July?

I went. On Active Hold got an email today.. have you heard anything :confused:

littleturtle
19th Jul 2017, 09:41
Well, at least I'm not the only one. I had my AD in June, is everyone else the same ? Melb based here

Tango90
19th Jul 2017, 10:15
Hi everyone. I am an external applicant that attended the MEL AD in June. I recently got all my 'green ticks' on my security clearance and also received the 'active hold' email today.

Dude12
19th Jul 2017, 10:25
Well, at least I'm not the only one. I had my AD in June, is everyone else the same ? Melb based here

Yes im internal and have been placed on active hold also

littleturtle
19th Jul 2017, 10:42
Seems that a lot of us internal and external are on active hold.
They are probably planning for more GS? There are many GS happening at the moment I guess HR was just updating us about our status right...?

I assume after those current GS they'll put us through next?

Dude12
19th Jul 2017, 13:05
Seems that a lot of us internal and external are on active hold.
They are probably planning for more GS? There are many GS happening at the moment I guess HR was just updating us about our status right...?

I assume after those current GS they'll put us through next?

That be great

crewator
20th Jul 2017, 05:14
I'm External. AD on 6Jul17 for SYD base long haul received email today re active hold, 12 months. Were you from AD on 6Jul17? :(

Hey MissDee88, I also attended the AD on the 6th Jul 17 for SYD Base Long Haul, Got the same email last night, hopefully we won't be waiting too long :)

crewator
20th Jul 2017, 05:18
I went. On Active Hold got an email today.. have you heard anything :confused:

MissDee88, I have done my Xref and got the email yesterday afternoon saying I am now on Active Hold.

Elljack
20th Jul 2017, 06:07

I was at the AD on 6July in Sydney too. Got the on hold email yesterday as well :( I hadn't been through security though, just reference checks. Apparently this is very common from contacts I have in qantas. Very frustrating tho!!!

littleturtle
20th Jul 2017, 11:32
I am pretty sure everyone who hasn't received the golden call is on active hold. They probably filled all the GS classes now. They are waiting for more to start so they can't really do anything. Just wait.

At least it's not a 'No'.

Elljack
23rd Jul 2017, 00:25
MissDee88, I have done my Xref and got the email yesterday afternoon saying I am now on Active Hold.

So just to clarify as now I'm feeling paranoid.....my email says my applicantion is on hold, they are unable to process all applicants at this time, doesn't mean you are unsuccessful etc etc. it doesn't actually say "ACTIVE HOLD" so now I'm worried that my email is different to everyone else's. I had gone through xRef. My contacts within qantas say it's fine, it's not a No email, but I've had a stress all weekend!! TIA!

Dude12
23rd Jul 2017, 03:01
So just to clarify as now I'm feeling paranoid.....my email says my applicantion is on hold, they are unable to process all applicants at this time, doesn't mean you are unsuccessful etc etc. it doesn't actually say "ACTIVE HOLD" so now I'm worried that my email is different to everyone else's. I had gone through xRef. My contacts within qantas say it's fine, it's not a No email, but I've had a stress all weekend!! TIA!
Its active hold. Just means your still in but theirs no planned trainning as yet

Elljack
23rd Jul 2017, 03:04
Its active hold. Just means your still in but theirs no planned trainning as yet

Ok thanks Dude12...it's the most frustrating process!!

Flyingsyd
23rd Jul 2017, 08:56
Hi all ,

Probably silly question but just wanting to know if anyone out there has heard of anyone that hasn't ever come off hold.. as in their application lapsed due to the 12 months? Also another question does anyone know of or heard of any GS planned for BNE coming up? I'm on hold for QCCA SYD with MEL 2nd preference but looking at changing MEL to BNE
TIA 😘

Elljack
23rd Jul 2017, 09:45
Hi all ,

Probably silly question but just wanting to know if anyone out there has heard of anyone that hasn't ever come off hold.. as in their application lapsed due to the 12 months? Also another question does anyone know of or heard of any GS planned for BNE coming up? I'm on hold for QCCA SYD with MEL 2nd preference but looking at changing MEL to BNE
TIA 😘

How long have you been on hold for?

Dude12
23rd Jul 2017, 13:54
Hi all ,

TIA 😘
Bne dosent come up that often.

Flyingsyd
23rd Jul 2017, 20:32
How long have you been on hold for?

Since last week........

Flyinghigh10
24th Jul 2017, 09:40
Heads up qlink bne hiringad of today as well

Flyingsyd
24th Jul 2017, 11:08
Bne dosent come up that often.

A friend has just advised me there was a QCCA recruitment day held in BNE just a few weeks ago 😳 ( this person attended at the Sebel) Is there anyone out there that attended this or can confirm ? I've not seen anywhere that BNE is recruiting LH

Dude12
24th Jul 2017, 13:15
A friend has just advised me there was a QCCA recruitment day held in BNE just a few weeks ago 😳 ( this person attended at the Sebel) Is there anyone out there that attended this or can confirm ? I've not seen anywhere that BNE is recruiting LH
Your friends telling fibs lol

Flyingsyd
24th Jul 2017, 21:11
Your friends telling fibs lol

Lol well this is what I'm thinking but I just emailed HR asking and if it's true if I could swap base preferences as I live in BNE I'll update later ✌️

Dude12
25th Jul 2017, 07:44
Lol well this is what I'm thinking but I just emailed HR asking and if it's true if I could swap base preferences as I live in BNE I'll update later ✌️

Did HR respond

Flyingsyd
25th Jul 2017, 08:22
Did HR respond

Yes I've gone from hold to now unsuccessful followed by an email saying they're not recruiting for BNE currently but they would update my base 2nd preference...... hold to unsuccessfull. It's been a lovely experience 🙄

Dude12
25th Jul 2017, 09:56
Yes I've gone from hold to now unsuccessful followed by an email saying they're not recruiting for BNE currently but they would update my base 2nd preference...... hold to unsuccessfull. It's been a lovely experience 🙄

Omg. Unsuccesful. Im so sorry Oh no. Keep trying mate. Goodluck for next time. Did u just get told today. Has anyone else gone from active hold to unsuccesful. This is scary

Elljack
26th Jul 2017, 01:15
Omg. Unsuccesful. Im so sorry Oh no. Keep trying mate. Goodluck for next time. Did u just get told today. Has anyone else gone from active hold to unsuccesful. This is scary

Flyingsyd im so sorry!!! :( did they say why?? I got another on hold email which was the exactly the same one but with another paragraph clarifying that I had completed and cleared the xRef stage so when the recruitment process does start again I will go straight through to security.

rrabbits
26th Jul 2017, 08:07
Hi Everyone, I attended the AD in Sydney on Friday 9th of June. I progressed through Xref and security clearance (currently employed by QF in customer service) and am now on active hold. My email stated when I am contacted to re commence the process again my next step is medical. I have some questions for current flyers about motion sickness as I suffer from it sometimes. It isn't terribly bad and most fights are completely fine its just on some occasions. I have been told you get use to it is this correct? are there medications that crew are allowed to take and are there any tips that anyone can offer for motion sickness? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Flyingsyd
26th Jul 2017, 22:05
Flyingsyd im so sorry!!! :( did they say why?? I got another on hold email which was the exactly the same one but with another paragraph clarifying that I had completed and cleared the xRef stage so when the recruitment process does start again I will go straight through to security.
They had clarified this to me also yet now unsuccessful. They phoned yesterday to say there's around 200 people in the pool and they just don't have 200 positions over the next 12 months so they'd rather tell me now then wait 12 months..... all seems a little odd to me but it is what it is atleast I can focus on other avenues now without wondering " what if " good luck to everyone else

Dude12
27th Jul 2017, 03:05
They had clarified this to me also yet now unsuccessful. They phoned yesterday to say there's around 200 people in the pool and they just don't have 200 positions over the next 12 months so they'd rather tell me now then wait 12 months..... all seems a little odd to me but it is what it is atleast I can focus on other avenues now without wondering " what if " good luck to everyone else

Such a great attitude. Hang in their mate and keep trying. Goodluck for mext time

Flying1984
31st Jul 2017, 05:14
Hey everyone. Looks like a lot on hold at different stages. I'm actually not on hold at this time. I have politely asked for an update and been told Its still processing and on going and will be advised of the next stage within time.. something along those lines. I was at an assessment day in June. I can't speculate what this means but at least it's not a NO either. I'm just querying if anyone else around may be sitting where I am. I am not expecting any news anytime soon and wish everyone good luck in the process. The wait is well worth it.

Dude12
31st Jul 2017, 13:18
Hey everyone. Looks like a lot on hold at different stages. I'm actually not on hold at this time. I have politely asked for an update and been told Its still processing and on going and will be advised of the next stage within time.. something along those lines. I was at an assessment day in June. I can't speculate what this means but at least it's not a NO either. I'm just querying if anyone else around may be sitting where I am. I am not expecting any news anytime soon and wish everyone good luck in the process. The wait is well worth it.

Thanks for the update

Flying1984
1st Aug 2017, 02:45
Thanks for the update

Your welcome. Sorry it's not overly helpful. Have a good week!

Cavelle
1st Aug 2017, 05:17

What stage are you up to? I was at the assessment day in June and I'm currently sitting on active hold with background and security checks complete.

Flying1984
1st Aug 2017, 06:07
What stage are you up to? I was at the assessment day in June and I'm currently sitting on active hold with background and security checks complete.

Hi. Congrats that's great that you have those completed! I don't really know where I am up to besides - in progress. I completed x ref and then had my current base manager rang and they provided an additional reference. That process did take a while. Now I am still in progress but without being placed on hold. Have not done a security clearance as of yet.

Cavelle
2nd Aug 2017, 00:33
Hi. Congrats that's great that you have those completed! I don't really know where I am up to besides - in progress. I completed x ref and then had my current base manager rang and they provided an additional reference. That process did take a while. Now I am still in progress but without being placed on hold. Have not done a security clearance as of yet.

I think they are just sorting out details for ground schools. The fact you haven't been placed on active hold is kind of good though it means they are still progressing applications or sorting through them. hopefully we are all progressed soon!

Flying1984
2nd Aug 2017, 00:46
I think they are just sorting out details for ground schools. The fact you haven't been placed on active hold is kind of good though it means they are still progressing applications or sorting through them. hopefully we are all progressed soon!

That's how I see it too. Exciting for everyone when it starts moving forward again. Thanks for the positive words

Tango90
2nd Aug 2017, 01:27

Hi Flying1984

'current base manager rang and they provided an additional reference' - are you an internal applicant?

Patiently waiting 'active hold' external applicant here :)

Flying1984
2nd Aug 2017, 01:41
Hi Flying1984

'current base manager rang and they provided an additional reference' - are you an internal applicant?

Patiently waiting 'active hold' external applicant here :)

Hi. No I am external. I work for a different airline currently and did not have them down on x ref due to our strict reference policies. I did have to provide this information after x ref was completed and fortunately was able to provide it. I'm not in any hold pools at the moment I'm still waiting for my outcome or the next stage. Good luck to you I hope we all get good news soon.

Dude12
2nd Aug 2017, 06:01
Anyone in the know have an idea of when possible active holds be called. Both internal and external. Soo exciting

B767300x
2nd Aug 2017, 11:23
they called a internal hold applicant to offer a ground school today for october.

Dude12
2nd Aug 2017, 14:26
they called a internal hold applicant to offer a ground school today for october.

Oh lucky was it syd or melbourne. You are in trainning are u not. Are your trainners aware of when upcoming classes begin for full initials

littleturtle
10th Aug 2017, 14:03
Anymore news ??on hold people

Dude12
11th Aug 2017, 01:36
Anymore news ??on hold people

No nothing

rrabbits
18th Aug 2017, 15:20
Hi everyone. I received my exciting phone call yesterday offering me a spot in the ground school commencing on the 27th of September. I am very shocked it has come around so soon. Very exciting 😊

Efffy
19th Aug 2017, 05:36
Hi everyone. I received my exciting phone call yesterday offering me a spot in the ground school commencing on the 27th of September. I am very shocked it has come around so soon. Very exciting 😊

Hey Rabbits!! Oh my gosh congratulations that was actually pretty quick! Well quick enough in QCCA recruitment time haha. You must be so excited and I'm so happy for you😊 I saw you mentioned earlier that you already work for QF, did they mention on the phone whether this was just for internal applicants? And do you mind me asking when you did your medical? Congratulations again!!!😄✈️✨

Efffy
19th Aug 2017, 05:57
Hey everyone! I'm a long time lurker first time poster haha so I thought I'd finally comment!

I was placed on active hold on 20th July after the background check stage. I have a few questions for anyone who has had their medical done in the past😊 Can anyone please let me know what the medical process is like in Sydney? One of the earlier comments said it was practically like a personal training session and I just want to be prepared if this is the same for Sydney haha! Also, do they take your BMI into consideration and would that decide whether you get the job or not if your BMI is slightly over what it should be? As long as youre fit and can fit in the jumpseat it shouldn't be an issue right?! ONE last question I promise!!! With the eyesight test, do they let you read the board with your glasses on?

Sorry for all of the questions but thank you so much in advance if any of you can help!

Fingers crossed we all get those medical emails really soon!!🤞🏼😊

Dude12
19th Aug 2017, 06:51
Congratulations so jelous are you external syd mel mam qad

rrabbits
19th Aug 2017, 11:09
Hey Rabbits!! Oh my gosh congratulations that was actually pretty quick! Well quick enough in QCCA recruitment time haha. You must be so excited and I'm so happy for you😊 I saw you mentioned earlier that you already work for QF, did they mention on the phone whether this was just for internal applicants? And do you mind me asking when you did your medical? Congratulations again!!!😄✈️✨
I am so surprised at how fast it has been. They didn't mention anything about who they were placing in a position they just said they could offer me a spot in the ground school and asked if I would accept. I haven't done my medical yet. It is booked in for Wednesday next week 😊 I live in Canberra so am flying to Sydney for it. Good luck with your application ✈️

rrabbits
19th Aug 2017, 11:11
Congratulations so jelous are you external syd mel mam qad

Thank you ✈️ I am a current Qantas customer service employee.

Dude12
19th Aug 2017, 13:57
Thank you ✈️ I am a current Qantas customer service employee.

Well done. I just wish it was me. I wonder if they are still filling spaces for that class

rrabbits
20th Aug 2017, 22:33
Well done. I just wish it was me. I wonder if they are still filling spaces for that class

Good luck and keep being persistent. Are you on active hold at the moment?

Cavelle
21st Aug 2017, 01:28

What've assessment day did you attend? I'm on active hold from the first assessment day in June just waiting on that golden call and a medical email! Hope its sooner rather then later.. congrats on getting a position!

rrabbits
21st Aug 2017, 01:47
What've assessment day did you attend? I'm on active hold from the first assessment day in June just waiting on that golden call and a medical email! Hope its sooner rather then later.. congrats on getting a position!

I went to the Sydney assessment day on the 9th of June I think it was. I went to the afternoon session. Good luck ✈️

Dude12
21st Aug 2017, 12:01

Yes i am for melbourne internal im currently jetstar

littleturtle
21st Aug 2017, 13:01
Any external recently completed the AD been contacted for GS ?

Cavelle
23rd Aug 2017, 09:40
Any external recently completed the AD been contacted for GS ?

No news yet.. really hoping for some soon so I can resign from my current position haha. Have any internals head yet?

Dude12
24th Aug 2017, 00:38
No news yet.. really hoping for some soon so I can resign from my current position haha. Have any internals head yet?

No not yet

rrabbits
30th Aug 2017, 12:41

I am so excited to say that I received my medical clearance to fly and have now got confirmation of a start date of the 27th of September in Sydney. ✈️✈️✈️

jetsolo
30th Aug 2017, 13:55
I am so excited to say that I received my medical clearance to fly and have now got confirmation of a start date of the 27th of September in Sydney. ✈️✈️✈️

Fantastic news! Congratulations! Waiting patiently for Melbourne internals on hold to be given info. Best of luck in ground school.

Dude12
30th Aug 2017, 19:53

Soo lucku well done

Fightingflyer
30th Aug 2017, 23:46
Soo lucku well done

Hey! I have recieved mine as well starting on the same date :) I'm external and attended a June assessment day :)

Dude12
31st Aug 2017, 12:53
Hey! I have recieved mine as well starting on the same date :) I'm external and attended a June assessment day :)

Congratulations

rrabbits
31st Aug 2017, 13:29

Congratulations 🎉 Great to see someone else on here starting on the same day. 😊 I was in the assessment day afternoon session on the 9th of June I think it was. How about you? ✈️ So exciting!

rrabbits
31st Aug 2017, 13:30
Soo lucku well done

Thank you 😊 all the best with your application ✈️

rrabbits
31st Aug 2017, 13:30
Fantastic news! Congratulations! Waiting patiently for Melbourne internals on hold to be given info. Best of luck in ground school.

Thanks 👍✈️ Good luck to you too 🙌

Fightingflyer
31st Aug 2017, 21:18
Congratulations 🎉 Great to see someone else on here starting on the same day. 😊 I was in the assessment day afternoon session on the 9th of June I think it was. How about you? ✈️ So exciting!

I was the morning session the same day :) It is exciting!! After getting put on active hold I wasn't expecting a call until next year if at all!

Dude12
31st Aug 2017, 21:38
I was the morning session the same day :) It is exciting!! After getting put on active hold I wasn't expecting a call until next year if at all!

Is this for sydney base?

Dude12
1st Sep 2017, 09:46

Yay see u their i just got the call

jetsolo
1st Sep 2017, 16:24

Fantastic news for you!

Cavelle
1st Sep 2017, 21:42

Congratulations that's amazing news! Hopefully I'll be joining you guys soon.

rrabbits
2nd Sep 2017, 13:42

Awesome news. Congratulations �� I'm happy to see there is a few of us here starting together. ✈️✈️

Caragrace
5th Sep 2017, 09:25
Hey guys!

I heard that there was a website or group or something along those lines that are specifically for flight attendants looking for Flat mates/housing through out Australia! Would anyone happen to know the exact website that this is?

Thank you!

Dude12
5th Sep 2017, 12:13
Hey guys!

I heard that there was a website or group or something along those lines that are specifically for flight attendants looking for Flat mates/housing through out rtAustralia! Would anyone happen to know the exact website that this is?

Thank you!
Do you start with qantas soon

Caragrace
7th Sep 2017, 00:30
Do you start with qantas soon

Currently in the talent pool for Qantas, but soon to start ground school for Virgin as I was informed that Melbourne base for Qantas would most likely not have a place until next year

Dude12
7th Sep 2017, 02:23
Currently in the talent pool for Qantas, but soon to start ground school for Virgin as I was informed that Melbourne base for Qantas would most likely not have a place until next year

Congratulations

Cavelle
7th Sep 2017, 02:54

Who did you speak to in regards to Qantas not having space until next year? Also what stage are you up to with Qantas?

Fightingflyer
7th Sep 2017, 13:06

Amazing well done!! Yay!

Caragrace
7th Sep 2017, 23:43
Who did you speak to in regards to Qantas not having space until next year? Also what stage are you up to with Qantas?

I got in contact with recruiters and got hold of a phone number to see if there was the chance to switch bases and so forth, and they said Melbourne at this point does not have a ground school scheduled and most likely next year. I am in the talent pool for Qantas

monet1811
9th Sep 2017, 01:11
I got in contact with recruiters and got hold of a phone number to see if there was the chance to switch bases and so forth, and they said Melbourne at this point does not have a ground school scheduled and most likely next year. I am in the talent pool for Qantas

Hey Cara, what did they say about switching bases? Brisbane is my ideal base but wasn't an option when completing the application. With that said I'd take anything 🤗

Elljack
18th Sep 2017, 11:34
Amazing well done!! Yay!

Hello! Has anyone from the July AD heard anything or are people still on active hold??

EX_EK25
19th Sep 2017, 02:03
Just wondering anyone still on "active hold" from the MEL AD in June?

Cavelle
19th Sep 2017, 02:40
Just wondering anyone still on "active hold" from the MEL AD in June?

I attended the first Melbourne assessment day and I'm still on "active hold" currently waiting for a medical email and ground school.. once they have another one scheduled. I know of quite a few people that are on hold from the Melbourne assessment days in June.

likeaboy17
29th Sep 2017, 11:27
Hello! Has anyone from the July AD heard anything or are people still on active hold??

Hi Elljack I went to AD in Melbourne on 13th of July, morning session. Xreference checked and completed, and then I received 12 month active hold email. Did you also go to AD in Melb? And what stage are you at the moment?

Elljack
30th Sep 2017, 01:45
Hi Elljack I went to AD in Melbourne on 13th of July, morning session. Xreference checked and completed, and then I received 12 month active hold email. Did you also go to AD in Melb? And what stage are you at the moment?

I was at the Sydney AD in July, I'm at the same stage as you, Xref done. The email said I would go through to security when I come off hold, but not sure how long that will take. A friend who's cabin crew said she spoke to someone from HR on board in the last few days and they said they were probably going to call some people
In November and to just keep being patient. So frustrating!

likeaboy17
30th Sep 2017, 08:05
I was at the Sydney AD in July, I'm at the same stage as you, Xref done. The email said I would go through to security when I come off hold, but not sure how long that will take. A friend who's cabin crew said she spoke to someone from HR on board in the last few days and they said they were probably going to call some people
In November and to just keep being patient. So frustrating!

Yes, this long waiting is really frustrating and we don't know how long it will take. Let's keep fingers crossed!! 😊

Flyskyhigh007
17th Oct 2017, 23:32
Has anyone heard anything about possible dates or know of anyone progressing into a ground school from Melb assessments days? If everyone is on hold, that’s a good sign.

Thanks in advance.

Elljack
20th Oct 2017, 03:09
Just got another active hold email 🙁 Anyone else in the same boat??

Skyehigh
20th Oct 2017, 03:36
Long time stalker of this thread first time poster.
I was in Melb July AD and know two people who received the hold emails. One of them attened the July AD and the other didnt get offered an interview (both got the same email). I however have completed reference stage and didnt get a hold email, is anyone else in this boat?

Flyskyhigh007
20th Oct 2017, 03:59
Just got another active hold email 🙁 Anyone else in the same boat??

Same boat, Melb assessment day- up to Medical. Pretty stressed over this waiting time.

PlaneSilly
23rd Oct 2017, 03:46
Same boat, Melb assessment day- up to Medical. Pretty stressed over this waiting time.

If you’ve been called up for the medical you’re over the line (assuming you’re fit to fly). It can take 1-6 weeks after medical to get the call. Good luck!

Flyskyhigh007
25th Oct 2017, 23:10
If you’ve been called up for the medical you’re over the line (assuming you’re fit to fly). It can take 1-6 weeks after medical to get the call. Good luck!
Hello! Ahh, I'm on hold from the last international intake, and the email said if recruiting commences again, I would be at medical. But there is a big 'if'.

PlaneSilly
28th Oct 2017, 01:19
Hello! Ahh, I'm on hold from the last international intake, and the email said if recruiting commences again, I would be at medical. But there is a big 'if'.

Well, you said you’re ‘up to medical’ so I foolishly assumed you’ve been called up for medical which in turn would mean you’re about to get an offer. It would appear you’re only at ‘security checks’ which is a whole different story. Settle in for the long wait... & maybe get ready to apply again next year!

QF2015
29th Oct 2017, 14:52
There won’t be any mel ground schools this side of xmas. They are doing a few bne schools that weren’t planned due to 787 announcement. I believe they have enough candidates in the talent pool

jetsolo
31st Oct 2017, 00:38
There won’t be any mel ground schools this side of xmas. They are doing a few bne schools that weren’t planned due to 787 announcement. I believe they have enough candidates in the talent pool

Any idea if any Melbourne ground schools planned in the new year? If BNE not getting the 787 until number 5 is delivered in July 2018 is it not a bit soon to be training this side of xmas for BNE? Sorry one last question, when you say talent pool does that include all bases or Brisbane specific. I.e, will those on hold in SYD and MEL be offered spots in the BNE ground schools or does BNE already have 50 or 60 already on hold?

QF2015
5th Nov 2017, 09:57
There is no planned mel schools showing in the internal training calendar currently but that doesn’t mean that recruitment aren’t already planning them internally and haven’t got dates yet. Last I heard bne is getting aircraft 4 and the delivery dates have been pushed forward. Chicago is set to be announced for bne. If you are on hold you are in the talent pool and with 150 odd new positions in bne yes it’s likely some will be offered bne if there 1 st pref isn’t avail. It will depend on the amount of internal interest in existing crew wanting to transfer to bne that will determine the final numbers. Hope that helps

QUOTE=jetsolo;9941830]Any idea if any Melbourne ground schools planned in the new year? If BNE not getting the 787 until number 5 is delivered in July 2018 is it not a bit soon to be training this side of xmas for BNE? Sorry one last question, when you say talent pool does that include all bases or Brisbane specific. I.e, will those on hold in SYD and MEL be offered spots in the BNE ground schools or does BNE already have 50 or 60 already on hold?[/QUOTE]

jetsolo
5th Nov 2017, 11:21
There is no planned mel schools showing in the internal training calendar currently but that doesn’t mean that recruitment aren’t already planning them internally and haven’t got dates yet. Last I heard bne is getting aircraft 4 and the delivery dates have been pushed forward. Chicago is set to be announced for bne. If you are on hold you are in the talent pool and with 150 odd new positions in bne yes it’s likely some will be offered bne if there 1 st pref isn’t avail. It will depend on the amount of internal interest in existing crew wanting to transfer to bne that will determine the final numbers. Hope that helps

QUOTE=jetsolo;9941830]Any idea if any Melbourne ground schools planned in the new year? If BNE not getting the 787 until number 5 is delivered in July 2018 is it not a bit soon to be training this side of xmas for BNE? Sorry one last question, when you say talent pool does that include all bases or Brisbane specific. I.e, will those on hold in SYD and MEL be offered spots in the BNE ground schools or does BNE already have 50 or 60 already on hold?[/QUOTE]
Great help thanks! Was hoping for MEL but looks like BNE might be the way to go if I get lucky enough to be offered a position there before the one year on hold is up and have to reapply again.

QF2015
5th Nov 2017, 23:00
Great help thanks! Was hoping for MEL but looks like BNE might be the way to go if I get lucky enough to be offered a position there before the one year on hold is up and have to reapply again.[/QUOTE]

It’s one of the most applied for jobs in Australia. If you get your preferred base that’s great but don’t get sidetracked on base preferences. Take whatever is offered you can always transfer internally. There has already been 3 internal transfer opportunities this year. There’s always another 100 applicants ready to take it if you say no. The waiting is horrible I remember but it ensures the best people get through at the end of the day. That said there will be movement in all bases with crew internally transferring to the 787 in bne. Hang in there

kchamzx
10th Nov 2017, 11:06
HI All,
I'm also waiting for ground school in Melbourne, and i've been waiting for a year now.
this waiting part is killing me, but i hope all worth it. i've emailed the QCCA and got reply will get back to me as soon as they have the update about the ground school.
anyone else in Melbourne on the same boat like me?

KC

Tango90
11th Nov 2017, 03:03
@kchamzx

When exactly was your first application date? Are you saying that you've reached (or almost reached) the 12 month active hold period and may now be asked to reapply?

I didn't realise there were still applicants on Active Hold from 2016, as I am an April 2017 applicant currently on active hold.

kchamzx
11th Nov 2017, 15:54
@kchamzx

When exactly was your first application date? Are you saying that you've reached (or almost reached) the 12 month active hold period and may now be asked to reapply?

I didn't realise there were still applicants on Active Hold from 2016, as I am an April 2017 applicant currently on active hold.

Around the beginning of this year...when started all my checks.
I' m not sure, everytime i emailed they said they will get back to me wiht the update as currently there is no ground school in melbourne

jetsolo
12th Nov 2017, 00:40
Around the beginning of this year...when started all my checks.
I' m not sure, everytime i emailed they said they will get back to me wiht the update as currently there is no ground school in melbourne

I was under the impression that the active hold is for 12 months from the date of your initial application? If you attended an AD in July 16 wouldn’t your active hold already expired?

HDSD
12th Nov 2017, 01:34
Hey everyone. Just wondering if anyone knows what Qantas International's policy is on scoliosis for cabin crew? Can you still be cabin crew if you have the condition? Thanks so much for your help!

kchamzx
12th Nov 2017, 11:16
I was under the impression that the active hold is for 12 months from the date of your initial application? If you attended an AD in July 16 wouldn’t your active hold already expired?

Will you get notification if you have to reapply ?as i haven't received anything till now. I would be devastated if i have to reapply after waiting for this long.

Tango90
12th Nov 2017, 17:21
Will you get notification if you have to reapply ?as i haven't received anything till now. I would be devastated if i have to reapply after waiting for this long.

When did you complete your first online application?

jetsolo
12th Nov 2017, 23:08

I don’t believe you will get notification as the initial letter sent advising you were successful but placed oh hold does state that you only remain on hold for a period of 12 months from your initial application and if you are not given a position prior to the 12 months expiring you need to reapply when next advertised. Go back and look at your initial on hold letter as it should tell you in the letter the conditions.

kchamzx
13th Nov 2017, 02:51
I don’t believe you will get notification as the initial letter sent advising you were successful but placed oh hold does state that you only remain on hold for a period of 12 months from your initial application and if you are not given a position prior to the 12 months expiring you need to reapply when next advertised. Go back and look at your initial on hold letter as it should tell you in the letter the conditions.

I received another email today , advising am on still on hold and they reviewing business needs and will get back to me shortly.
i hope this is a good sign.

jetsolo
13th Nov 2017, 04:31
I received another email today , advising am on still on hold and they reviewing business needs and will get back to me shortly.
i hope this is a good sign.
That is a good sign! Did they give you any indication when they would get back to you?

Jackal717
19th Nov 2017, 00:15
Wow. Since there are so many people are still on active hold, I don’t think there will be any next recruitment campaign in Sydney anytime soon?

HDSD
30th Nov 2017, 04:20
Hey everybody. How long after your medical appointment does it usually take for them to call you?

Cavelle
30th Nov 2017, 07:01
Hey everybody. How long after your medical appointment does it usually take for them to call you?

From what I’ve heard it’s within six weeks, most hear back in the first two. Have you received a medical email?

kchamzx
2nd Dec 2017, 05:23
Hi All,
I have received another email there is no future classes at this point in time. I was told my active hold till Apr 18.
Fingercrossed they give me good news after new year, stay positive!!! I hope this waiting is worth it.

Cavelle
4th Dec 2017, 02:23
Hi All,
I have received another email there is no future classes at this point in time. I was told my active hold till Apr 18.
Fingercrossed they give me good news after new year, stay positive!!! I hope this waiting is worth it.

Hi Kchamzx,
If you applied in 2016 wouldn’t your application have expired by now? I was under the assumption that if you didn’t get a ground school offer within 12 months you have to fully reapply even if you have done medical? If not that’s great I’m just curious. Thanks!

kchamzx
4th Dec 2017, 09:45
Hi Kchamzx,
If you applied in 2016 wouldn’t your application have expired by now? I was under the assumption that if you didn’t get a ground school offer within 12 months you have to fully reapply even if you have done medical? If not that’s great I’m just curious. Thanks!

Hi cavelle,

Apparently i began all my application in apr 17, i thought it was in 2016😺.
Anyone know if they will have Ground school after new year?

kchamzx
10th Dec 2017, 14:07
Anyone here have source about the ground school for 2018, melbourne and sydney?
Cheers

Kc

jetsolo
10th Dec 2017, 17:56
Anyone here have source about the ground school for 2018, melbourne and sydney?
Cheers

Kc

Apparently no new ground schools planned.

kchamzx
10th Dec 2017, 20:50
HI Jetsolo,

thank you for the respond..
i hope they will be after the new year.

kc

jetsolo
10th Dec 2017, 22:08
HI Jetsolo,

thank you for the respond..
i hope they will be after the new year.

kc
Maybe after the new financial year next June. But from what I’ve been told by friends nothing planned for the current financial year. June is only 6 months away though

Cavelle
11th Dec 2017, 07:08
Maybe after the new financial year next June. But from what I’ve been told by friends nothing planned for the current financial year. June is only 6 months away though

Won’t everyone that’s currently on hold have to reapply by June though? Most of us applied in March/April.

jetsolo
11th Dec 2017, 09:02
Won’t everyone that’s currently on hold have to reapply by June though? Most of us applied in March/April.

I’m in no position to say yes or no to that question. I would imagine if the 12months are up we unfortunately would have to reapply. However, one of the wannabes posting on here appears to have applied in 2016 and is on hold until April 2018 which contravenes the 12 month rule. Fingers crossed we won’t have to reapply but..........??

kchamzx
11th Dec 2017, 19:20
I’m in no position to say yes or no to that question. I would imagine if the 12months are up we unfortunately would have to reapply. However, one of the wannabes posting on here appears to have applied in 2016 and is on hold until April 2018 which contravenes the 12 month rule. Fingers crossed we won’t have to reapply but..........??

most likely we have to reapply, as they have mentioned application will be on active hold till Apr'18.
i was just hoping to get call asap...:{

aueb
13th Dec 2017, 20:39
They could start calling before the active hold is up to complete security and/or medical and still wait for a ground school start in the next financial year.

Flyskyhigh007
14th Dec 2017, 10:48
Hi everyone on hold, remember: Remain positive, from reading back through this forum to 2015, most people received their golden call at the one year mark (Around May), remain positive- we've waited this long! x

kchamzx
16th Dec 2017, 17:59
Hi everyone on hold, remember: Remain positive, from reading back through this forum to 2015, most people received their golden call at the one year mark (Around May), remain positive- we've waited this long! x
Well i hope I get call before May...trying to remain positive...wish u all all happy holidays for those who are still on hold..golden call is coming soon!

Flyskyhigh007
22nd Dec 2017, 06:53
Received another active hold email today, updating on business plans and thanking for my interest in the position.

Hopefully good news in coming our way before April 😭

Flying11
26th Dec 2017, 02:00
Received another active hold email today, updating on business plans and thanking for my interest in the position.

Hopefully good news in coming our way before April 😭

I also received this email just before Christmas. This was my first ever on hold email received since I applied earlier this year. I think it’s positive news :)

B.louxx
11th Jan 2018, 02:20
Hi :)

Just curious to see if we've heard any updates/any rumours recently?

How many people are on active hold? I attended the Sydney assessment day in June 17, received the first active hold email in July 17.

Hopefully we hear something soon !

Flying11
14th Jan 2018, 11:03
Hi :)

Just curious to see if we've heard any updates/any rumours recently?

How many people are on active hold? I attended the Sydney assessment day in June 17, received the first active hold email in July 17.

Hopefully we hear something soon !

I have only heard about news for bne base although that doesn’t mean new positions will be available in bne. I’ve been told by a few csm’s in bne that more activity this year for the base. Have not heard anything about other bases. I wouldn’t hope for anything based on talk. We will know when they contact us :)

Dreamfly22
27th Jan 2018, 09:02
For those who on active hold from April 2017! Anyone heard anything or have anyone email recruiters and ask anything? As our application is expire in 2 and half months :(

I’ve emailed recruiters since Monday but no reply yet.

kchamzx
29th Jan 2018, 02:00
For those who on active hold from April 2017! Anyone heard anything or have anyone email recruiters and ask anything? As our application is expire in 2 and half months :(

I’ve emailed recruiters since Monday but no reply yet.

Hi Dreamfly22,

I emailed them and got reply...they don't have any future training or ground school yet. if they do have the dates, they will absolutely will be in contact.
I'm getting bit worried too now..as in few months our application will be expired 😩
Really hoping they will call us soon for ground school.

Dreamfly22
29th Jan 2018, 03:50
Hi Dreamfly22,

I emailed them and got reply...they don't have any future training or ground school yet. if they do have the dates, they will absolutely will be in contact.
I'm getting bit worried too now..as in few months our application will be expired 😩
Really hoping they will call us soon for ground school.

Thanks Kchamzx!!
I called them today, got to talk to a lady in recruiting. She said the same but she also mention that she will have something up in 1-2 months which is before our application expire. And if we get an email to proceed to next stage our application will still be valid even know April passed.

I’m just hoping that we will get to proceed to next stage within 1-2 months to extend our application timeframe. Good luck and I’ll keep in touch if I hear anything.

kchamzx
30th Jan 2018, 05:34
Thanks Kchamzx!!
I called them today, got to talk to a lady in recruiting. She said the same but she also mention that she will have something up in 1-2 months which is before our application expire. And if we get an email to proceed to next stage our application will still be valid even know April passed.

I’m just hoping that we will get to proceed to next stage within 1-2 months to extend our application timeframe. Good luck and I’ll keep in touch if I hear anything.

Hi dreamfly22,

I hope they will have within the period!
let's stay in touch!good things comes to those who wait:-)))

Flyskyhigh007
8th Feb 2018, 00:52
I was talking to someone who works for QF international and she said they're short staffed at the moment and she wasn't sure why we haven't been given a GS start date, but she thought they might be waiting until after the festive season, good news at least. Only two more months of waiting 😓

Elljack
9th Feb 2018, 03:58
Anyone else receive another active hold email today. I love how they write all the wonderful things that they are doing at Qantas then the last paragraph is “but your still on active hold”....🙄😩

Flying11
9th Feb 2018, 05:22
Yes I received that the same email getting them frequently now so I am hoping that’s a good sign it’s nice they stay in touch with us. Hopefully something soon I believe my assessment day was last July if that’s when active hold ceases or is from the close of last years advertisement and first email inviting to assessment day?

Anyone else receive another active hold email today. I love how they write all the wonderful things that they are doing at Qantas then the last paragraph is “but your still on active hold”....🙄😩

Flyskyhigh007
10th Feb 2018, 04:35
Same email, I believe active hold expires when we first applied.

Flying11
10th Feb 2018, 07:38
Same email, I believe active hold expires when we first applied.

That’s coming around so quickly though :-( two months give or take, Feeling a bit nervous now. Look forward to hearing if anyone gets good news.

kchamzx
14th Feb 2018, 04:26
I received the same email , the application still on active hold.
let's keep hoping for the best.:ok:

B767300x
15th Feb 2018, 06:53
hold expires 12 months after receiving the "active hold" email.

Things are happening, we just had crew move to london ( 35 from mel alone) with a total of 150. which creates positions into mainline ( 747/a330 ) because the progression of longhaul is external - mainline - worldfleet ( 787/a380)

keep those fingers crossed, now is a perfect time to come into qf

Flying11
15th Feb 2018, 07:40
Do you know about bne base by any chance? I live in Queensland so have it as a preference with Sydney. I have heard they are getting more 787 this year in bne from qantas long haul CSMs etc

Things are happening, we just had crew move to london ( 35 from mel alone) with a total of 150. which creates positions into mainline ( 747/a330 ) because the progression of longhaul is external - mainline - worldfleet ( 787/a380)

Teamglobal
19th Feb 2018, 21:28
Would someone please be so kind to direct me as to were to apply for qcca

Cavelle
20th Feb 2018, 01:05
Would someone please be so kind to direct me as to were to apply for qcca

Hi Teamglobal, you can only apply when they are advertising which typically only happens once a year if that. Keep checking the Qantas career website to see if they are hiring.

Flyskyhigh007
20th Feb 2018, 06:09

Hi, in the email i received, active hold expires from the application date. But maybe its different for some people.

Ahh, fingers crossed, hopefully they'll start putting us in GS!!

Flying11
20th Feb 2018, 07:25
12 months from original application Is what mine say, i gather technically it’s not the exact date we applied but more so the date the advertisement ceased to exist and we were either unsuccessful or continued through the process. Can not remember what the date was I roughly remember may? And then on hold by late July. Pray there are enough positions for us all available.

Hi, in the email i received, active hold expires from the application date. But maybe its different for some people.

Ahh, fingers crossed, hopefully they'll start putting us in GS!!

Flyskyhigh007
1st Mar 2018, 08:49
Has anyone had any updates yet? :(

Elljack
1st Mar 2018, 10:13
Has anyone had any updates yet? :(

No :( :(
I was hopeful with Qantas posting a record profit and announcing a pilot academy. All positives. Reading back through this forum to this time last year candidates got called in March after almost 12 months wait. Fingers and toes crossed

Flyskyhigh007
1st Mar 2018, 22:25
No :( :(
I was hopeful with Qantas posting a record profit and announcing a pilot academy. All positives. Reading back through this forum to this time last year candidates got called in March after almost 12 months wait. Fingers and toes crossed

This wait is draining me, I was talking to international and domestic crew, and they both said it took them 12 months to get into a GS- also a positive.

Elljack
2nd Mar 2018, 03:49
This wait is draining me, I was talking to international and domestic crew, and they both said it took them 12 months to get into a GS- also a positive.

It’s super draining, and stressful! What assessment day were you at? I was at the July one, afternoon session. I keep on thinking they wouldn’t go to all that expense and effort to recruit them clip all the successful candidates off after 12 months, then have to go through the whole process again?

Flyskyhigh007
2nd Mar 2018, 21:52
It’s super draining, and stressful! What assessment day were you at? I was at the July one, afternoon session. I keep on thinking they wouldn’t go to all that expense and effort to recruit them clip all the successful candidates off after 12 months, then have to go through the whole process again?

01 June, I'm telling myself that too! hopefully we'll know by the end of the month. (:

Flying11
3rd Mar 2018, 10:21
01 June, I'm telling myself that too! hopefully we'll know by the end of the month. (:

I am yet to hear of anyone not getting through from a hold position over the years? hopefully being taken off hold to reapply later isn’t going to happen- at least we shall know soon 😁

Mn64
7th Mar 2018, 09:22
Hey lovely people,

Just thought I would provide an update for all those who are waiting. I was just like you all, waiting each day for an email from Qantas, hoping for anything, ANY kind of sign that they hadn't forgotten me.

I applied for Qantas in Dec '15, had my AD in July '16, and got into a Ground school in June '17. I am now flying for Mainline and I love it, and all that waiting and painful silence from their end after all that time is behind me. My point is, please DO NOT give up hope but make sure to keep yourself busy. They WILL call, you WILL fly, just trust the timing of everything and it will all work out. Believe me, I know this is hard. I even got an email a few months after my AD to say that I was unsuccessful, which ended up being a mistake. So please don't give up, it will all work out in the end!! :)

Flying11
8th Mar 2018, 00:16
Thankyou x

Hey lovely people,

Just thought I would provide an update for all those who are waiting. I was just like you all, waiting each day for an email from Qantas, hoping for anything, ANY kind of sign that they hadn't forgotten me.

I applied for Qantas in Dec '15, had my AD in July '16, and got into a Ground school in June '17. I am now flying for Mainline and I love it, and all that waiting and painful silence from their end after all that time is behind me. My point is, please DO NOT give up hope but make sure to keep yourself busy. They WILL call, you WILL fly, just trust the timing of everything and it will all work out. Believe me, I know this is hard. I even got an email a few months after my AD to say that I was unsuccessful, which ended up being a mistake. So please don't give up, it will all work out in the end!! :)

Flyskyhigh007
8th Mar 2018, 02:39
Hey lovely people,

YAY!! THANK YOU! (:

Dreamfly22
8th Mar 2018, 06:55
Hey lovely people,

Hi Mn64!!

Thank you so much for your lovely message 😀
I am wondering because you apply since 2015 and you got the position in 2017, it’s that mean when 12 months come you didn’t have to reapply? So your application gone through to 2017 without reapplying ?

Looking forward to hear from you!!! Thank you

Mn64
8th Mar 2018, 21:18
Hi Mn64!!

Thank you so much for your lovely message 😀
I am wondering because you apply since 2015 and you got the position in 2017, it’s that mean when 12 months come you didn’t have to reapply? So your application gone through to 2017 without reapplying ?

Looking forward to hear from you!!! Thank you

Hey yes you are right, I only applied once, doesn’t mean that it’ll happen every time but I wasn’t the only one on my group whose application should have lapsed

Elljack
9th Mar 2018, 02:02
Hey lovely people,

Thank you sooo much for sharing this! The waiting and the never ending unknown is extremely difficult. Let us know if you hear any rumours of training!

Philly17
22nd Mar 2018, 03:21
Hello!

Has anyone heard anything in regards to ground school or movements for SYD or MEL base?

Julie Mik
24th Mar 2018, 01:19
Hi All ,
Has anyone done the hirevue interview online interview for ground staff MEL , I have never done one before so quite nervous .
What should I prepare for and any feedback ? Should I be worried :) Would appreciate someone's feedback .
Julz.

Flying11
5th Apr 2018, 05:43
Hi everyone

I received an email today basically saying there are no future training schools as yet but I am still on hold and will be notified by them as soon as that changes. No 12 month expiry was stated this time. Hoping others received this aswell?

Dreamfly22
5th Apr 2018, 05:47
Hi everyone

I received an email today basically saying there are no future training schools as yet but I am still on hold and will be notified by them as soon as that changes. No 12 month expiry was stated this time. Hoping others received this aswell?

Hi Flying 11

I received the same email. Seem like they took the 12 months reapply part out of the email. Hopefully it means that we don’t need to reapply.
Good luck everyone!

Cavelle
5th Apr 2018, 06:01
I received the same email, looks more promising as there is no mention of expiry. I’ve heard rumours of ground schools around June/July so hopefully we hear more soon.

Hi everyone

Flying11
5th Apr 2018, 06:13
That’s great news about ground schools 🙏🏼😊

I received the same email, looks more promising as there is no mention of expiry. I’ve heard rumours of ground schools around June/July so hopefully we hear more soon.

Melbcouver
5th Apr 2018, 08:15
I received the same. Hopefully as there wasn’t an expiry we might hear back soon?

Hi everyone

Flyskyhigh007
5th Apr 2018, 09:17
Same! “Unable to progress your application.” But at least that’s not a no!

I wonder if they will hire again this month. 🤔

7A7
10th Apr 2018, 01:25
Hi all,

If I may could I please ask members who are being employed by Qantas (domestic) or MAM (Maurice Alexander Management)?
I would like to one day work for Qantas in the domestic arm.
As far as I am aware Qantas outsource their cabin crew through MAM for casual positions only.
If you are a MAM casual Qantas offers to take you on board if positions becomes available, once applied and successful only then are you a Qantas employee.

There are crews who are casual for years and hasn't being offered permanent positions, while others said there are offers but few far and between.
It seems Qantas only hire for long haul, regional (Qantaslink) and their subsidiaries such as Network Aviation (which is also regional)

So to sums it up, you can get into their domestic arm by either going casual with MAM then apply for permanent potions when it becomes available or apply for Qantaslink and get a transfer over, again when positions becomes available.

I will appreciated it If I could be enlightenment on this.
Thank you once again and I'm sorry if this post is massively long and to all the people who are on the waiting list for ground school.
Just hang in there, I know 3 people who are in the same boat, they got similar emails just after Easter. Boeing is working hard getting Qantas's dreamliners assembled and delivered!

Jem22
10th Apr 2018, 09:40
HI guys I have just joined on this website and have been reading your latest post. I was at the interview in Sydney last July then they checked my references a week later then i have been on hold aswell ever since.

I received the same email last Thursday as you all did and hoping so badly we will all get a call over the next few months so fingers crossed for all of us!!!. Getting nervous thinking it is coming up soon to nearly a year but if the last email no stating about a expire is making me have more hope.

It’s hard to think they go through all the process with people to get them here then just making them go back to the start of the whole requirement process again after a year doesn’t make sense. Surely we’re all just on hold until a ground school comes up for us. Have you guys been emailing them back at all?

Flying11
10th Apr 2018, 21:52
They have been very consistent with update emails of our application for that reason I don’t email them unless it’s something specific to my application. They can’t tell us more until they have certainty of the next steps for us. It’s also making me nervous as I really want this job aswell. Good luck to you, we are all in th same boat. My fingers are crossed for all of us, hoping we cross paths in the sky in the future x

HI guys I have just joined on this website and have been reading your latest post. I was at the interview in Sydney last July then they checked my references a week later then i have been on hold aswell ever since.

I received the same email last Thursday as you all did and hoping so badly we will all get a call over the next few months so fingers crossed for all of us!!!. Getting nervous thinking it is coming up soon to nearly a year but if the last email no stating about a expire is making me have more hope.

It’s hard to think they go through all the process with people to get them here then just making them go back to the start of the whole requirement process again after a year doesn’t make sense. Surely we’re all just on hold until a ground school comes up for us. Have you guys been emailing them back at all?

crewflyer
15th Apr 2018, 01:42
I was once MAM casual and enjoyed it. My roster was just basically on call 90% of the time and a couple of rostered duties. Alot of MAM crew have come across to LH over the years. QF from time to time will hire QD but it will be PER base as they have a higher turn over than the other bases. QD didnt come up while I was a casual. Apply and see how you go

Hi all,

If I may could I please ask members who are being employed by Qantas (domestic) or MAM (Maurice Alexander Management)?
I would like to one day work for Qantas in the domestic arm.
As far as I am aware Qantas outsource their cabin crew through MAM for casual positions only.
If you are a MAM casual Qantas offers to take you on board if positions becomes available, once applied and successful only then are you a Qantas employee.

There are crews who are casual for years and hasn't being offered permanent positions, while others said there are offers but few far and between.
It seems Qantas only hire for long haul, regional (Qantaslink) and their subsidiaries such as Network Aviation (which is also regional)

So to sums it up, you can get into their domestic arm by either going casual with MAM then apply for permanent potions when it becomes available or apply for Qantaslink and get a transfer over, again when positions becomes available.

I will appreciated it If I could be enlightenment on this.
Thank you once again and I'm sorry if this post is massively long and to all the people who are on the waiting list for ground school.
Just hang in there, I know 3 people who are in the same boat, they got similar emails just after Easter. Boeing is working hard getting Qantas's dreamliners assembled and delivered!

7A7
15th Apr 2018, 14:15
I was once MAM casual and enjoyed it. My roster was just basically on call 90% of the time and a couple of rostered duties. Alot of MAM crew have come across to LH over the years. QF from time to time will hire QD but it will be PER base as they have a higher turn over than the other bases. QD didnt come up while I was a casual. Apply and see how you go

Hi crewflyer,
Thank you for the reply, I have been on MAM's websites (they have two sites apparently) and registered my details with them.
Hopefully they are hiring soon :)

Melbcouver
21st Apr 2018, 23:42
Hey everyone,
Hope you’re all hanging in there!
I thought I’d ask, as I’m up to the medical stage next, what should I expect? I’ve never had a medical before so I’m not realllly sure of what it involves.
Any insight would be great :)

Philly17
23rd Apr 2018, 02:50
Hey!

Have you been sent the email to do your Medical or are you still on active hold? What base are you going for :)

Hey everyone,
Hope you’re all hanging in there!
I thought I’d ask, as I’m up to the medical stage next, what should I expect? I’ve never had a medical before so I’m not realllly sure of what it involves.
Any insight would be great :)

Melbcouver
24th Apr 2018, 00:47
Hey Philly17,
I’m still on active hold, so the next stage for me is medical. I’m going for Melbourne base! :)

Hey!

Have you been sent the email to do your Medical or are you still on active hold? What base are you going for :)

likeaboy17
26th Apr 2018, 02:01
Hi, Melbcouver I also applied for Melb base and I had assessment day on 14/07 last year, passed Xref and on active hold now, awaiting security check. I remember I read about medical, old threads from here dating back to Oct/Nov/Dec 2016 and medical includes vaccinations get signed off by your GP (diptheria/pertusis/tetanus booster and the first dose of Hep A... you can have all this done in one needle) and give this to the doctor designated by Qantas and also having drug and alcohol test, and some physical assessment done, such as bending, pulling, lifting....and so on. This is from what i remember I read from old post from this forum, so maybe double check from old posts 😉
Hey Philly17,
I’m still on active hold, so the next stage for me is medical. I’m going for Melbourne base! :)

sachcho
26th Apr 2018, 02:56
Hiiiii everyone , Im new to the group.. May i please ask all of you when you ID services Application status says approved on the second line what does it mean.. the lines below have crosses and NA...

Melbcouver
1st May 2018, 04:50
Thank you :)

Hi, Melbcouver I also applied for Melb base and I had assessment day on 14/07 last year, passed Xref and on active hold now, awaiting security check. I remember I read about medical, old threads from here dating back to Oct/Nov/Dec 2016 and medical includes vaccinations get signed off by your GP (diptheria/pertusis/tetanus booster and the first dose of Hep A... you can have all this done in one needle) and give this to the doctor designated by Qantas and also having drug and alcohol test, and some physical assessment done, such as bending, pulling, lifting....and so on. This is from what i remember I read from old post from this forum, so maybe double check from old posts 😉

Melbcouver
4th May 2018, 10:48
Anyone else get an email today?

"As you know your application for Qantas Cabin Crew Australia is currently on active hold. We’re contacting you now to confirm your interest in joining our team should a Cabin Crew role become available over the next few months.
If you are no longer interested in a position due to timing or your circumstances, please email us..."

likeaboy17
5th May 2018, 04:29
I received the same email.

jetsolo
5th May 2018, 13:22
I didn’t receive that e-mail but it may be due to being an internal candidate. However, that sounds promising and hopefully all of us on hold will be offered positions soon. Good luck everybody!

Melbcouver
10th May 2018, 06:04
I got a call this morning from Qantas Recruitment!
They progressed me to medical and said as it’s been over 6 months, I’d need to do my security clearance again as well. No set date for ground school, but she said if all goes to plan it’ll be a July starting date! So excited!

aueb
11th May 2018, 12:05
Congrats Melbcouver.
Hopefully they’ll start calling for SYD base as well.

Dreamfly22
14th May 2018, 00:34
I got a call this morning from Qantas Recruitment!
They progressed me to medical and said as it’s been over 6 months, I’d need to do my security clearance again as well. No set date for ground school, but she said if all goes to plan it’ll be a July starting date! So excited!

Hi Melbcouver!
I got same phone call but I don’t have to do my security check again, have you got the medical email from them yet? I am waiting for the medical email as they say they will send it soon.