PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Cadet Pilot Programme

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

heli_port
2nd Jun 2008, 07:15
Just to let you guys know that i have done the seond round. The tests were quite rigorous but simpler than the OAA assessment, the interview portion was easy.

On with the thrird roud ;)

delay
2nd Jun 2008, 08:02
ZaaZoo, I havent been denied yet, my status is just blank now :s....

Well she said they were overwhelmed with the number of applicants and although shortlisting and denial of a few candidates had begun, they stil have no idea what to do with the majority of them and it would take time....

ZaaZoo
2nd Jun 2008, 09:30
thanks delay.....thats an appropriate name actually....:8:E

metallicwings
2nd Jun 2008, 10:56
I've recieved a mail stating that I've nt been shortlisted but what I was really interested to know is that if the same application can be processed for the second intake or can I apply again for the second intake? I would also like 2 state that if it is named a cadet pilot program, it is suppossed to be considering guys even with no experience unlike them hiring ppl holders. I had met the mentioned requirements and I also hold a class I medical but with zero flying experience and yet was not shortlisted.:*

Dannyc
2nd Jun 2008, 10:57
heliport,

please can you expand on the format and details of the second phase, eg... were the tests computerised. Also, what was the time frame between being successful in phase 1 and attending phase 2 of the selection process... and where is it held?

cheers
dannyc

AvEnthusiast
2nd Jun 2008, 11:24
Heli Port,

and the major part do you have any inside connection or any referrals with etihad? And what's your qualification?

metallicwings
2nd Jun 2008, 11:44
heli Port,

i was saying second intake and not second phase. As the program says that the induction of cadets shall be throughout the year, therefore, expecting one more round of review!!!

greenfalcon
2nd Jun 2008, 14:10
dude when did you apply for it, i mean the date and month?

cadet_hani
2nd Jun 2008, 14:35
GUYS DONT BELIEVE heli port hes just a big liar. My name has been shortlisted too for this cadet pilot program im CPL/IR holder and still waiting for the interview date. I've called etihad HR department and they told me that interviews and test will be expected in the end of june.

SW1
2nd Jun 2008, 14:51
Hi

Can anybody clarify whether applications that have turned from "Applied" to showing a blank status are in turn rejected or do they change to under review in due course?

Anybody who's status was blank and then got the rejection email?

I applied on the 14th April. Have UK issued PPL and 63 hours TT on C152's.

Thanks

dubble_dubble
2nd Jun 2008, 15:20
dont talk **** heli port

CruiseControl_007
2nd Jun 2008, 15:30
cadet_hani,

Does your status currently show "Under Review" or is it just blank?

How did you find out that you were shortlisted? Did you receive an actual email to your email address or did Etihad send you a message via the website?

Cheers.

cadet_hani
2nd Jun 2008, 21:02
My status shows blank. I've recieved an email month ago stating that my application has been shortlisted thats it! So i just called etihad HR department and told them abt my this email so they told me that interviews and test will expected in the mid or in the end of june. So i dont think so that heli port is got through with his second phase and as far as i knw only 2 persons on this thread has been shortlisted one is cirrus and the other is myself. CHEERS:)

delay
2nd Jun 2008, 21:10
I called up the HR department, and they said status shoudlnt be showing BLANK it should be Under Review or Applied, he said they were having problems with the server and it would be updated soon.

Im blank now, I would much rather be "Under Review"!

adsSW
2nd Jun 2008, 21:11
cadet_hani (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=224590) Well done! Good luck! Can I ask, do you have a PPL/CPL?

Ads

greenfalcon
2nd Jun 2008, 21:23
cadet_hani congratulations on getting selected for the next phase:ok:. well done:D!! could you please tell your educational qualifications and flying experience so that I and others can get an idea as to where we stand in getting selected for the next phase. cheers..

knowledge is power:ok:!!

ZaaZoo
2nd Jun 2008, 21:23
Anywho I'm making t-shirts...any requests?

http://www.zazzle.com/cdurgut

cadet_hani
2nd Jun 2008, 21:26
Thanks alott guys. Im ICAO CPL/IR holder my qualification is HSC and i have 200 hrs of experiance on c-152's c-172's.

greenfalcon
2nd Jun 2008, 21:29
thanks mate!!

Chicken_Shawarma
2nd Jun 2008, 21:48
This is my first post!

I've been keeping track of this thread.

Cadet Hani, are you sure you are not pulling our legs mate?

My uncle flies for Etihad since 2005 and he said that only recently (as in the last week or so), the Etihad HR department has started to go through applications and rejecting those who do not meet the minimum requirements or are overqualified. They will send an email to notify you that you are shortlisted ONLY WHEN the dates for interviews and such are confirmed, which they aren't.

If you think about it, logically, why would they send you 2 emails? If you have been shortlisted you will recieve ONE email with dates.

I do not mean to come off hard on you mate, but there have been many claims here which are false! You claim to have recieved this email that you have been shortlisted a month ago? Can you paste the email here? Or PM it to me as I'm very interested to see this! You can just leave all the personal information blank so you don't give up your identity.

Cheers Mate:ok:

ZaaZoo
2nd Jun 2008, 23:25
This is my first post!

I've been keeping track of this thread.

Cadet Hani, are you sure you are not pulling our legs mate?

My uncle flies for Etihad since 2005 and he said that only recently (as in the last week or so), the Etihad HR department has started to go through applications and rejecting those who do not meet the minimum requirements or are overqualified. They will send an email to notify you that you are shortlisted ONLY WHEN the dates for interviews and such are confirmed, which they aren't.

If you think about it, logically, why would they send you 2 emails? If you have been shortlisted you will recieve ONE email with dates.

I do not mean to come off hard on you mate, but there have been many claims here which are false! You claim to have recieved this email that you have been shortlisted a month ago? Can you paste the email here? Or PM it to me as I'm very interested to see this! You can just leave all the personal information blank so you don't give up your identity.

Cheers Mate:ok:

Cut and Print........Here's a man that knows!

Danny_R
3rd Jun 2008, 00:54
I would suggest you take what you read in here with a pinch of salt and don't get too excited or disheartened, at least until regular acceptable or rejection letters start arriving in lots of peoples inbox’s.

Lowspirited
3rd Jun 2008, 04:36
I noticed the original application doesn't ask for education qualifications but after you submit then theres an option to attach more files including education certificates. Are we meant to submit those or not?

Oh and i forgot, what are signed contracts? Theres also an option to upload those...

malirm
3rd Jun 2008, 06:02
Lowspirited (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=118252) :)

This option is used when you are asked...where if u were living outside the UAE, got interviewed by the EY office in that country (out of UAE), the office in Abu Dhabi will send you the contract via email, where you will read it...accept/reject the offer..if accepted, you sign the contract & send a scanned copy of it to Abu Dhabi via email...including certificates or other files asked from you (after you get accepted for the job)..

Anyways, it is rarely used by EY...I know a relative that used it (after interviewing in the US)

Cheers

metallicwings
3rd Jun 2008, 06:30
Hey Greenfalcon,

I had applied in Apr'08.

Lowspirited
3rd Jun 2008, 07:39
Someone mentioned they'll be conducting interviews in various locations, anyone know where these locations are?

guybrush
3rd Jun 2008, 11:13
Hey everyone!

I've been following this thread "from the background" for a while. There is one thing I don't understand: how do you contact HR at EY? Their e-mails don't seem to work and they don't give any information on telephone numbers.

Anyone in the know, kindly either post the tel numbers and e-mail addresses here or PM me.

Cheers:ok:,
guybrush

EYZ
3rd Jun 2008, 15:07
As I understand, nobody had done the second round yet, because nobody has done the first round yet, the initial selection is not the first round.
The first round is a series of tests, conducted in 6 locations around the globe from North America to Australia.
There are 3 rounds, tests, more tests and interview.
Playing flight sim will help a lot with round 2.

This program is ONLY for those with NO flying experiance, or with a PPL. CPL holders will not be considered.

There is 3 different cadets schemes, one for UAE nationals, the largest scheme, one for EY staff, the smallest scheme, and one for worldwide cadets.
One scheme does not depend on the other.

As I hear it to be shortlisted you would have needed to complete the application for and have an EY ref number, those who have partially filled it in, will not be considered.

cadet_hani
3rd Jun 2008, 15:12
Mate im so sorry but i cannot paste my email on this thread even i cant send it to you because its my personal email sorry for that. Alll i can tell u i've recieved an email stating that my application has been shortlisted thats it.

leyahl
3rd Jun 2008, 17:53
@ Cadet Hani, it seems fairly obvious that the entire truth isn't coming out. If you wont even give the general gist of the mail then how can we believe you. I think it's best for everyone just to sit tight and I know it's blooming hard to do that as I check this forum at least 4 times a day!!

malirm
3rd Jun 2008, 18:19
hi...I found a website that can help us in the aptitude testing (FOR FREE), check it out:

http://www.epst.com/uk/ipas.htm

After clicking on "Start IPAS"

you will have 5 intresting exams...scoring Satisfactory is a good start...I scored between "satisfactory" & "good" the first time...then to All "good" grades the next time...try it & improve yourselves, get used to use such programs...tell me what do you score in your first time...I'm sure that there are some of you who can score "excellent" in the first time.

Cheers...:ok:

greenfalcon
3rd Jun 2008, 20:02
Excellent test mate:ok:! good job done in finding it!:D Cheers!

Knowledge is Power:ok:!

CruiseControl_007
4th Jun 2008, 08:41
I don't mean to reign in on your parade but may I just remind you that the IPAS test does not in any way constitute the "real" test they use. The IPAS is to gauge a general level of aptitude without pushing one to the limits. It's just there as a quick mock up to familiarise people with which aspects of their aptitude they will be tested on.

Please do not deceive yourselves into thinking that a good score on IPAS will lead to a good score in the actual test. I'm afraid that it is much more than that.

What adds more pressure during these tests is that they will all be timed and you have to get better than average scores to get through as they only want the "creme de la creme".

malirm
4th Jun 2008, 12:00
:ok:YOU are 100% right...but why don't we try the IPAS exam?, by the way, in Etihad & Emirates or any other airline...it is hard to get a high score...71% was my Emarati friend score (when applied for Emirates...he was the 4th on his group...the 1st got 76%)...good luck to him (he is now an A330 FO).

cheers

EYZ
4th Jun 2008, 15:09
Hi,

Why not try www.practicetests.co.uk (http://www.practicetests.co.uk) these seem to be good to.

ZaaZoo
4th Jun 2008, 17:09
EYZ said:
This program is ONLY for those with NO flying experiance, or with a PPL. CPL holders will not be considered.

cadet_hani said:
Thanks alott guys. Im ICAO CPL/IR holder my qualification is HSC and i have 200 hrs of experiance on c-152's c-172's.

common sense suggests one of you is lying,

Seeing that cadet_hani has 200hrs of flight time as a commercial pilot while the Jordanian CARC requires 250 hrs I think I know who is.

61.129 Aeronautical experience.

(a) For an airplane single-engine rating. Except as provided in paragraph (i) of this section, a person who applies for a commercial pilot certificate with an airplane category and single-engine class rating must log at least 250 hours of flight time as a pilot that consists of at least:
(1) 100 hours in powered aircraft, of which 50 hours must be in airplanes.
(2) 100 hours of pilot-in-command flight time, which includes at least :
(i) 50 hours in airplanes; and
(ii) 50 hours in cross-country flight of which at least 10 hours must be in airplanes.

dubble_dubble
4th Jun 2008, 20:30
ZaaZoo I think its already been established who's talking the truth and who's talking sh:mad:t

:ok:

adsSW
4th Jun 2008, 21:13
Well hopefully it isn't true that you need a PPL, because that's me out of the picture straight away. It didn't seem right that they needed a PPL anyway, what's the point in being called a 'Cadet' opportunity if they already want you to have a pilot's license.

dubble_dubble
4th Jun 2008, 21:24
ZaaZoo I think its already been VERY WELL established who's talking the truth and who's talking sh:mad:t

I think what is happening here is that our colleagues might be trying to discourage the rest of us...

There was also another person (username punit) who claimed to have recieved a "conditional offer" from etihad in his physical mailbox!! and the condition was that he get his CPL or full license with experience. := We clearly know from some people on this forum and myself as I have a relative who works with Eithad, CPL or higher is NO GOOD.

Also, i noticed Cadet _hani and others speaking in thier native language so i think they are schemeing against the people on this forum

:D Nice Try

From now on im going to bash every one of your claims:E

delay
5th Jun 2008, 00:35
zaa zoo, EYZ, dubble_dubble...what are your educational/aero qualifications if you donjt mind me asking?

ZaaZoo
5th Jun 2008, 04:18
Check back in the forums, I have already posted that info.......:8

greenfalcon
5th Jun 2008, 09:28
There is absolutely no doubt that there are certain people who are lying in this forum. What I dont understand is what is the point in all this lying especially when your identity is anonymous. Dont discourage others please-it tells much about yourself.

As far as those guys who are indulging in these activities, lets see how far they go as pilots. In aviation speaking the truth is of utmost importance. Experienced people will know what I mean.

Lets keep the forum clean. If you have got an email or any reply from Etihad post it on the forum otherwise dont make tall claims:=.

Even I was forced to believe that they are taking CPL holders as was posted by one cirrus81 on this forum who claimed to be an ATR pilot in some airline.

Cheers
Knowledge is Power:ok:!

delay
5th Jun 2008, 12:19
I called up etihad again today regarding my blank status....they couldnt even find me on their system! they said it would take sometime as they have over 4000 emails with queries regarding the program...

he asked me to email him and call him back in a few days if i still dont hear anything,

Anybody else have a blank application with NO email from them?

SW1
5th Jun 2008, 13:12
I've had a blank status for the past week or so. It previously said applied. I can still edit my application form or "Withdraw" it, if I went crazy or something..

Delay, let us know whats going on- theres no point me sending an email if they've got to sift through the previously stated amount of emails!

Cheers.:ok:

dubble_dubble
5th Jun 2008, 13:36
delay,
Im Just a University Student in Toronto and will graduate the end of this Summer in B.Comm Finance Stream. Im 21. My relation to aviation is that My entire dad's side is in aviation From Gulf Air to Etihad, to Cathay Pacific and so forth. Thats about it:ok:

I actually saved up enough money (will have anough by end of summer) to put towards a PPL ...not as much for a career move but just cuz i love flying! You should see my room:cool:

how bout yourself?

greenfalcon
5th Jun 2008, 14:41
even i have a "blank" status. it has been that for quite some time now. dont know what that means. hoping for the best though.
cheers

malirm
5th Jun 2008, 15:51
No body of my family is a flyer or worked for an airline...except my uncle who used to work as a flight dispatcher for "Independence air" (USA)... now out of business since Sept 11th, talking about our rooms...I currently have all the EY fleet aircrafts (A330-200, A340-4,5,6 , A380 & A320-200) + Emirates...& the Air Force ONE models + some cockpit & other aircraft amazong photos..in a 4m * 4m room...

Back to our subject...EY Cadet, I tried to contact EY in many ways since 20th of March...starting from the email provided in their auto generated email to their head office phone...looking here & there for any other contact info...but no single reply.

GOOD LUCK ALL

dubble_dubble
5th Jun 2008, 16:18
malrim,
i want that collection!

Currently I have one EY A330 200 and GF A330 300 ( i beleive these are 1:100 or less) and i have a bunch of 1:400 generic airbus and boeing fleet.

Anyways lets all hope for the best:ok:

EYZ
5th Jun 2008, 17:21
Delay,

I have an ATPL and fly the A330/A340, I have 8000 hours or so.

As I understand selections will all take place in July. JFK,YYZ,LHR,FRA,JNB,AUH,SYD
you would have to come to these places it seems once your called!

ZaaZoo
5th Jun 2008, 18:25
I worK for virgin america at jfk....about 3 doors down from EY's office but noone is ever around...

as for the liars on here.....go soak some corks.

malirm
5th Jun 2008, 21:07
I have the 1:200 scales for the B777-300ER, A380-800, A330-200 & the A340s..., while the Emirates' B727-200 is 1:150 & the Air Force One is a 1:250 scale.

I have only one 1:400 EY A300-200 bought it onboard a short flight to Bahrain.

you can get them online from many websites...depending on your region (search on google), but hope I meet you one day (when shortlisted) & go to get them from their shop here in Abu Dhabi...

Cheers, :)

delay
6th Jun 2008, 06:30
dubble_dubble, I am an Economics student at Warwick University in the UK, I have a PPL from dubai and I did my CPL from Toronto (Buttonville Municiple Airport)

Im looking forwrd to taking some time off uni to finish my multi/IFR.....

and for the rest of you....I am going to call them up again and see if they can actually find my application this time, I think their IT problems are making matters even worse....Im guessing they never expected to get so many applicants and didnt have the systems and man power in place to back it up
will keep you posted...

dubble_dubble
6th Jun 2008, 07:36
Hey Malirm, Definetly if one day we do get shortlisted , i dont mind spending a ton on these models. Theyre beautiful!! Yes i did actually find alot of models online for specific airlines, but the ones i have i just stole em from my dad's office when i was in AD recently:E

Delay, uve been all over the place eh! I live in Richmond Hill, rigght by Butonville airport!! Many many times, after stressful exams, id drive to buttonvilee airport, get a lawn chair and sit by the fence and watch the cessnas and occasional learjets/king airs take off and land!

ZaaZoo
6th Jun 2008, 10:55
Delay, uve been all over the place eh! I live in Richmond Hill, rigght by Butonville airport!! Many many times, after stressful exams, id drive to buttonvilee airport, get a lawn chair and sit by the fence and watch the cessnas and occasional learjets/king airs take off and land!

Stress relief=skimming cloud tops in a cirrus or diamond....nothing like it:ok:

ZaaZoo
7th Jun 2008, 06:26
Back to the topic....is everyone just waiting?

delay
7th Jun 2008, 08:01
its the weekend in the abu dhabi so i suppose we'll have to wait till tommorow before i call...

Any ideas what the training syllabus at horizon might be?...It looks more JAA based to me, which is going to be a lot of work for those of us who get selected. Ive read the CPL Human Factors book for the JAA its like becoming a doctor :O!

regarding Diamonds and their engines? lol...i think Thilert is going out of business real soon, and i dont think they guarentee warranties anymore for new aircrafts! :s!....nonetheless i enjoy flying them over the top...nothing like glass cockpit :)

ZaaZoo
7th Jun 2008, 20:25
thats true...

dubble_dubble
7th Jun 2008, 20:58
This thread AND cadet program died!

greenfalcon
8th Jun 2008, 00:00
Yeah postings on this thread have been quite sluggish lately.

metallicwings has already received an email that he has not been selected. he says he had applied in april. if that being the case i reckon the calls will start coming by june end or july beginning with the next phase somewhere in august-september.

Big Bus Boy
8th Jun 2008, 03:32
Dear Applicant,

We are pleased to inform you that the first stage of assessment for Etihad Airways’ Cadet Pilot Programme is ready to begin. The information in this email is very important, so please read it carefully.

Your application states that you are in the UAE. The first stage of the assessment will happen on Thursday, June 12th in Abu Dhabi. Here are important details:

· This information and testing session will last approximately 2-½ hours

· Transportation to the assessment location is your responsibility; Etihad Airways will not reimburse you for transportation costs

· You can arrive up to 30 minutes before your confirmed time in order to register your attendance

· Any late arrivals will not be included in the session, so please arrive promptly
Before we can send you details about your assessment session, we need you to reply to this email to confirm the following:

· You are available on Thursday, the 12th of June

· You have read and understood the full details of the programme as listed on our website

· You understand your financial responsibilities should you be successful

· You are not currently a holder of a CPL

· You have not been assessed previously for a Pilot or Cadet Pilot position at Etihad Airways

It is important to us that you understand your responsibilities. If you can answer yes to all of the points mentioned immediately above, then please reply to this email so we can send you full details for your assessment on the 12th.

If you are not able to make this day, please let us know and we will contact you when another assessment day has been scheduled.

Thank you for your interest in this new programme. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best regards,

Cadet Pilot Recruitment Team

BA6590
8th Jun 2008, 04:52
congrats big bus... its good to know somebody got a real reply.
if u dont mind me asking when did u apply???

ashmunn
8th Jun 2008, 05:19
big bus, congrats how long was your application status 'under review' for before you got your interview date ?? i applied a week ago and i am now under review. im thinking that means i have a good chance of getting an interview no ? im new to the post, but there are a lot conflicting info here ;)

greenfalcon
8th Jun 2008, 06:19
Congratulations on getting selected! I believe you work for Etihad. Please let us know if guys from other nationalities are also there for the test/assessment. Best of luck for it.

malirm
8th Jun 2008, 08:28
Congrats from my heart...hope you get to fly for Etihad...keep us updated...if you need any help in Abu Dhabi...PM me & I'll do my best to help you.

GOOD LUCK

jet_air
8th Jun 2008, 09:41
Big Bus Boy My Heartiest Congratulations ! Wud Appreciate even further if u cud throw some light if u r application was UNDER REVIEW before u received an Email from them ? Becoz mine has been in the blank status for some time now.
Jet Air.

delay
8th Jun 2008, 10:47
Well done....how long were u under review for?

dubble_dubble
8th Jun 2008, 16:53
FINALLY sombody posted a legit email !

Congrats! Can you give us details about ur wualifications , do u work for etihad, etc etc??

You're one lucky man:ok:

AvEnthusiast
8th Jun 2008, 17:19
Don't you think that e-mail is more individual oriented than company oriented e-mail?

adsSW
8th Jun 2008, 18:01
"· You understand your financial responsibilities should you be successful"

I understand the fact that if you leave early, you pay back the cost of training. Just to confirm, there is no other payback required here is there? The training is technically free if you carry out your entire service to the airline, that's the way I understand it.

EYZ
8th Jun 2008, 19:14
Yes you are correct, as I understand you pay nothing back directly it just comes from your salary over 5 years.

Aventh,

What do you mean?

roll_over
8th Jun 2008, 19:34
BBB, as I understand, works for Etihad, so him getting onto the next phase doesn't really affect us outsiders I would have thought.

I wonder what would happen if you lost your medical during training, dream job gone, but would you be left with a ~£70,000 bill?

That's my only major worry with a career in aviation, you could be out of a job just through an accident. A scary thought.:eek:

dubble_dubble
8th Jun 2008, 20:29
:=

:rolleyes:

cadet_hani
8th Jun 2008, 20:35
DD you think im lying to you?

ZaaZoo
8th Jun 2008, 21:44
That's my only major worry with a career in aviation, you could be out of a job just through an accident. A scary thought.:eek:

Thats why there are pilot unions...just not in the UAE. In the US there is medical protection in case you lose it.

delay
8th Jun 2008, 22:49
haha there are no unions of anykind in the UAE

AvEnthusiast
9th Jun 2008, 06:29
Meaning, the e-mail seemed to me unformal.

hjmemon
9th Jun 2008, 06:51
Well congrats Triple B,
wish you the best and keep us informed regarding the progress and how the assesment was.
One thing I would like to ask. In that mail it said you are not a CPL Holder. Does that mean no CPL holders are considered or that depends on case to case?
Anyone can shed some light on it.

noflare
9th Jun 2008, 07:45
Its an ab initio scheme which trains from scratch so you can safely assume that CPL holders will be bottom of the pile....

ashmunn
9th Jun 2008, 09:26
are there any other australians who have applied?

Capt.umair
9th Jun 2008, 17:17
Any update on people who got email for shortlisted.

Markos.
9th Jun 2008, 18:49
I sent my CV yesterday and this morning I received this:

"Please be advised your application has been reviewed but has not been shortlisted on 9/6/2008. Please feel free to apply for other opportunities that are a suitable match with your skills and experience."

I presume I've not been shortlisted because:
-I'm Spanish
-My qualifications are equivalent to A-levels(Baccalaureate/Associates Degree)
-I'm 17

I think they are looking for older people with a degree.

What do you think?

Do I have any chances on Netjet cadet pilot program at Oxford?

Best Regards

P.S: I got a fast reply because I know somebody at Etihad, PM me if you need help.

leyahl
9th Jun 2008, 19:16
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the site both obviously and explicitly states that the program is open for 18-26 year olds only. I'm sure applying without their basic, pre-requisite requirements would instantly grant you a rejection.

delay
9th Jun 2008, 19:44
interesting to see how they replied so quickly whilst the rest of us wait.....

not surprised, ur 17, uve got plenty of other options, maybe you should re-apply when youre 18?

Markos.
9th Jun 2008, 19:45
You're absolutely right leyahl,

But I'll be 18 on November, so my actuarial age is 18. If they've planned to start their program later this year or next year, I'd satisfy the requirements.

Best Regards

Markos.
9th Jun 2008, 20:00
Plenty of other options? Can you explain yourself a little bit?
Thx

dreamis2fly
9th Jun 2008, 21:04
hey everyone , im new to the forum but iv been following it since a while
any way i applied to the etihad cadet scheme about 3 days ago and i got the same reply triple b got ............ im still waiting for further details on the assessement ........what i really want to know is how many people do u guys think have been choosen for this assesement ???

cadet_hani
9th Jun 2008, 21:31
My application has been shortlisted too on 17/04/08 but after that didnt recieved any email regarding to assesment. That might b possible that they r inviting those people 1st for the assesment who r living in UAE.

ZaaZoo
10th Jun 2008, 02:02
where are some SIMILAR test preps that we can use online?

willflyatanycost
10th Jun 2008, 12:06
Hi!
I hav nt been shtlistd:{. I got da flowing email n msg in ma workspace msgs.

Dear so n so,

Your application reference number is: EY/08/06/xxx
Applied date: 08/06/2008

Please be advised your application has been reviewed but has not been shortlisted on 9/6/2008. Please feel free to apply for other opportunities that are a suitable match with your skills and experience.

The details of the job you have applied are:
Job Code: CADP
Job Title: Cadet Pilot
Department: Flight Operations

greenfalcon
10th Jun 2008, 12:23
Delay did you enquire about the "blank status" thing?

delay
10th Jun 2008, 15:57
Yeah the woman on the phone took my reference number down and said ill be emailed in a week.....

its just been one vague reply after another.....

maybe someone else should try calling?

keeping my fingers crossed....

delay
10th Jun 2008, 16:04
Markos?....Plenty of other options?

Well firstly your age is an advantage, I started flying when I was 16 and there are ups and downs with that but mostly it gives you a head start, I know people who have gotten into aviation in their 30's!

If you have the financial means, do go and try and get your PPL, You dont have to rush it, take it slow, if you dont have the financial means, at least do the ground school, showing that you know the material looks good during interviews for scholarships and cadet pilot selection

other programs will come around, industry is growing, especially in asia and the middle east....

ZaaZoo
10th Jun 2008, 23:04
Ill call Etihad up, see whats going down.

ZaaZoo
11th Jun 2008, 02:24
Here is a link to a bunch of assessment practices...

http://www.flyjetscreen.com/selection.html

jet_air
11th Jun 2008, 04:03
Would be appreciated if some one cud post the HR Tel Nos Online.
Jet Air.

EYZ
11th Jun 2008, 14:18
Ok, here we go again....

As I understand, the UAE expats are the first of 6 worldwide selections, they are the only ones this month, all others are next month, except 2 locations who will follow in early August. Europe/South Africa/Australia will be next.
Those who live in these locations will be contacted next, the other after this.
Any other information is just utter B**llocks.

Take a breath and wait!

ashmunn
11th Jun 2008, 14:41
EYZ, where did you find this info out from? and how reliable is it? there is a lot of seemingly untruthful posts in this thread, its hard to believe anyone. are you saying that assessment day in australia wont be til august ?? ;)

... nah tis cool man, i get ya ! hopefully all us aussies will be contacted soon !

djfingerscrossed
11th Jun 2008, 15:46
Just to stir up a bit of debate have any of you guys been following the Emirates thread on the forum? Seems a few US guys are really dissapointed with flying over there. Just wondering what your thoughts are on this? Chap in my office is thinking of applying after reading the advert and article in Flight International.
Are you prepared for the middle east? Pros and cons? etc. Really interested to hear from people with regards to this.
Cheers (oh and good luck to everyone!):ok:

VirginSkid
11th Jun 2008, 16:05
for assessment prep....try out www.aviac.com - which I have used previously.

But there are others which are free as well.....

search on them. However, I did not think a few quid too much to spend to make sure I get sufficient prep time!

Best of luck....

If only I could apply!!

delay
11th Jun 2008, 16:30
Well I am a UAE expat, and still havent herd from etihad,

Since interviews are taking place for UAE expats this month am I to assume that ive been rejected?

rmoller
11th Jun 2008, 17:43
nah, you arn't rejected, they'll call you some day and say: come in 10min to that place and if you arn't here you will be rejected ;)

cadet_hani
11th Jun 2008, 20:58
I'm agree with EYZ my application has been shortlisted too but didnt recieved any further information regarding to assessment might b bcuz im not a UAE expat i've called HR department couple of days ago and they told me that assessment will be expected in july. So hold ur breath and wait. InshAllah every1 will get the chance.:ok:

rmoller
12th Jun 2008, 14:03
idd:InshAllah....and allah hates me :ugh::}

greenfalcon
13th Jun 2008, 00:00
Got an email stating that I have not been selected! Anyways best of luck to you guys! Do well!

Knowledge is Power!:ok:

bad_attitude
13th Jun 2008, 06:47
greenfalcon, when did you apply?

ashmunn
13th Jun 2008, 08:44
ah, sorry to hear that bro, all the best with your flying ;)

CruiseControl_007
13th Jun 2008, 08:53
greenfalcon,

Comiserations.

Just wanted to ask...

Did you get an email to your personal email address or did you receive an email via the website in your 'My Messages' area?

Are you from the UK?

All the best.

Cheers.

delay
13th Jun 2008, 11:43
sorry to hear that, good luck with everything else

greenfalcon
13th Jun 2008, 12:58
I had applied in May. I got an email as well as a message in my workspace.

dubble_dubble
13th Jun 2008, 14:13
hey Greenfalcon,

sorry to hear thar as well.

You probably did not meet one of the min. requirements: Either too young/too old , or you have CPL or higher.

Is this true?

dubble_dubble
13th Jun 2008, 14:20
hey Greenfalcon,

sorry to hear thar as well.

You probably did not meet one of the min. requirements: Either too young/too old , or you have CPL or higher.

Is this true?

SW1
13th Jun 2008, 14:26
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the correct email to conatct Etihad careers? My status has been blank for the past 2 weeks. I applied on the 14th April. I have a friend who applied mid may and has already received the rejection email... they have probably lost it or something as Delay mentioned in a previous post.

If anyone knows the correct email, that would be greatly appreciated if you could post it.

Thanks everyone.

ashmunn
13th Jun 2008, 14:28
any heads up from the assessment day on thursday in UAE? do we have any idea of what to expect ?

ashmunn
13th Jun 2008, 16:09
SW it's [email protected]
i sent u a msg, dunno if you got it . but thats the email neway ;)
are you from vic in aus?

rmoller
13th Jun 2008, 16:35
still under review...

SW1
13th Jun 2008, 22:57
ashmunn.Im from Victoria in London. I fond the email form a previous post. cheers anyway.

adsSW
14th Jun 2008, 00:36
I'm still under review as well, ahhhh, I'm so nervous!!

Here are some vids about Etihad for those who have not yet seen them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDvMG-7Rl2U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTl0qM6swYc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycFZN97rveY&eurl=http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=771930267

Some more vids I have found about the UAE, for those not from that part of the world!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFjAUdUGtY4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8yzIqKvI9I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VQIKb69Z0w&feature=related

bad_attitude
14th Jun 2008, 02:02
@greenfalcon: sorry to hear about that mate ... you got a commercial license?

ZaaZoo
14th Jun 2008, 02:25
So can any of the nationals tell us about how the assessment went? Some of the test types?

I have an interview coming up to be a flight attendant here in the US ,but I rly wanna continue flying.

EYZ
14th Jun 2008, 04:36
I as understand the tests that the Nationals do is different to that of the expat's. Thursday was expats within the middle east, not nationals.

ZaaZoo
14th Jun 2008, 10:50
Okay then expates give us a general idea of what went down, i took the ipats and did horrible with that stupid ball test, I know how to fly an ILS wwwith a glideslope and localizer, that was nothing likwe the real thing.

I hope there is a sim evalutaion.

antes56
14th Jun 2008, 11:56
Until waiting for the first part of this cadet pilot scheme
I am wondering about ethiad and ABU dhabi....
For example: How is the working condition of the pilot, how is their life??

Second:..Abu dhabi is a big and newly city that is growing faster than anyone else...but for a person who come from other state (Italy FOR ME) how is living there?

Third: ethiad is an expanding airlines with new aircraft coming soon but what about the competition with EMIRATES???

THANKS TO EVERYONE WILL ANSWER TO IT

It s very important for me...thanks:ok:

blueskybird
14th Jun 2008, 14:39
"The company shall sponsor the cadets participation in the programme by covering the cost which shall not exceed a maximum amount of AED 500,000 (the “sponsorship cost”). "

so what if like most flying (e.g. ppl advertised minimum 45hrs,but actually gets achieved in 55-60hrs by majority of people) you go over the minimum hrs alloted for a particualr section (i.e. adds cost to training) and you go over the "sponsorship cost"...... should you as a cadet therefore go out with a few grand in the bank as backup in case this happens?? it would be horrible to nearly complete your ab-initio training to then be told your training has to be put on hold as you've reached the max of AED500,000 and until you have the necessary extra funds you cant continue????
:bored:

any info or advice would be much appreciated :ok::ok:

rmoller
14th Jun 2008, 15:57
they give you a salary during training of 6K AED
So I think if you go over the expenses that they will take that from your salary...

EYZ
14th Jun 2008, 17:08
As I understand, no, there is no cost implication if you require a little extra training, so long as you are not there forever!
Its just a bond, much like any other, and that sum includes other bits not just the training.
Abu Dhabi is a very nice place and Etihad has many italian pilots, the A340 fleet chief for one. There are some excellent restuants, so you can feel just like your sitting in Rome, except its hotter.

delay
14th Jun 2008, 19:18
zaazoo....i bet u cant shoot an ILS with an engine failure :p!

i dont think itll be a sim evaluation, simply because its expensive to put each one of us in a sim and see how we do.

i personally feel first time in a sim isnt a good indicator of our potential, i remember my first time in a 737 sim it took me a while to get use to it, and certainly did not represent the pilot i am today

i think the evaluation will be a little bit of arithmetic, verbal skills (for radio work), logic (problem solving situations) and most importantly the ability to work in teams, multi crew co-ordination is what its all about in the airlines, who knows i would even brush up on the economy (rising oil prices, aircraft orders, dollar pegging) all topics of relavence to the industry.

delay
14th Jun 2008, 19:26
Antes56....

Ive lived in the emirates all my life, Abu Dhabi is a growing city with over 10 billion dollars in investement in infrasstructure and branding itself to become a regional tourist hub and financial centre.

Life is easy going, with a fantastic beach, great shopping and simple conviniences you just dont find in the west.

As for Competetion with Emirates?

Emirates is on steroids with their new orders, Dubai international has increased capacity exponentially and the airlines success seems to be a bi product of the growth of the city as well...

Etihad on the other hand seems to be competing on price point for the moment, its new!, let it grow with the city, theres certainly room for two in a country which I think might overtake the United Kingdom by 2020 if not sooner

ZaaZoo
15th Jun 2008, 09:35
zaazoo....i bet u cant shoot an ILS with an engine failure :p!

I bet I can because i have, a simulated engine out, after I got my multi.:ugh:
When I say a sim session I don't necessarily mean a full level d trip like an airbus, maybe just an FTD of a seneca or diamond maybe, most flight schools have FTD's nowadays.

antes56
15th Jun 2008, 11:18
Thanks everyone for the help:ok:

If anyone want to add something it's welcomed....

delay
15th Jun 2008, 11:45
zazoo....oh i didnt know you had finished your multi :)

Well then they could even take us up in the air for about half an hour?lol, i mean there are ppl who have been up the first time and come back down saying "this is NOT FOR ME" lol

my workspace is still blank, no response from the HR team,....and did anybody try calling?

antes56
15th Jun 2008, 13:44
The last question,I promised:

Anyone know about the life of the pilot in ethiad? I read a tread about the emirates pilot and they said that they don 't live very well becasue of multiple facts..
But what about the ETHIAD????

roll_over
15th Jun 2008, 18:51
Well go over to the middle east forum and have a read, they are mainly negative though, but then again, people usually only take the time to write bad things. But inflation and a weakening dollar do seem to be a pretty major issues! Then I read about VAT being introduced!

bad_attitude
15th Jun 2008, 19:01
zaazoo, have you been shortlisted?

i got a multi IR as well ... my status has been blank for a fair bit ... wonder whats cooking :confused::confused::confused:

dubble_dubble
15th Jun 2008, 19:08
antes56, i lived in abu dhabi for over 10 years, and my parnets still live there.

ABu dhabi is a very family oriented place. I like it there cuz its easy going and stuff. BUT, and a BIG BUT, for example, if you have a hot or *flashy* wife/gf, DONT take her out in public less you want that unwanted attention if you know what i mean. This really bothered me when i was there recently. As soon as theres a person who doesn fit in with the norm, ppl tend to rudely stare you down.

This should give you a sense of what the people are like there.

The hot weather is good, but over the years, it does damage you. All that UV shining down on you everyday!

Other than what i mentioned and a few more annoying things (another biggie is TRAFFIC TRAFFIC TRAFFIC and this is getting really out of control, and NO PARKING SPOTS EVER) Id still rather live in Abu Dhabi b.c it is in my comfort zone.

Dont forget, ABu Dhabi does NOT want to be anything like Dubai.. DUbai is way way more westernized and you can see it in the population.. For example, when u walk into a mall in Dubai, u feel like your in Europe..but in Abu dhabi you walk into a mall, you KNOW you're in an Arab country from the make up of the crowd!!

Id still rather live in ABU DHABI although the ways things are going, increasing rent prices, i dont know what the future will behold. My folks rent was 85,000 per annum about 4 or 5 years ago and now its at 165,000! And this is subject to 5% increase every year:ugh:

I hope this helps...i think anyone can get used to living anywhere, but some people are NOT meant for expat life! ANd the only way you can find out is if you just go thru it, unfortunealty.

Hope this helps:ok:

ZaaZoo
15th Jun 2008, 19:53
But my Tickets are FAA....

cadet_hani
16th Jun 2008, 19:50
any news till now ?

bad_attitude
18th Jun 2008, 03:41
mine are FAA as well ...

homonster
18th Jun 2008, 15:44
mine is under review. applied around mid-april.

ZaaZoo
18th Jun 2008, 19:26
hey you guys have msn?

bad_attitude
19th Jun 2008, 06:05
a-firm! :ok::ok::ok:

and also gtalk and yahooooooooooo ! :cool::cool::cool:

ashmunn
19th Jun 2008, 07:37
its pretty quiet round the forum, no news? i guess everyone is just eagerly waiting for a reply, they must be coming soon ... ;)

AdamLT
19th Jun 2008, 10:59
indeed. my status has said 'under review' for 2 or 3 weeks now.

fingers crossed for all of you too :)

ZaaZoo
19th Jun 2008, 12:10
yep waiting for them to announce north american candidates.......cuz nothjing happens until u get the real pilots from the states!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I hear the germans are pretty good too!

antes56
19th Jun 2008, 12:15
WAIT...and what about the Italian?!!...we have also the "fascino latino"....
ahahaha:ok::ok:

everyone with a great trainig would be the best

zopenhawer
19th Jun 2008, 13:26
Well i was called already for the first stage of assessments.
On the first stage they geve us a quick power point introduction of the airline,
The people interviewing us were quite friendly and liked to joke alot, i guess after some time the 29 of us in that room kind of relaxed abit thanks to the friendly and funny interviewers.
They gave us about 4-5 assessment tests afterward, all multiple choice.
general Knowledge, maths, english and logic.
The exams werent so hard, the problem is the very little time they give you.
I was unable to finish at least 3 of the tests, because when they say ''times is up'', evryone has to put their pencils down and they immediately collect them.
At first i was quite worried about not being able to finish a few of them completely, but later i heard from others that they did not finish either, so i relaxed again. According to the examiners, when they let us go they told us not to worry much if we had not completed them. it really seemed like it was common for people not to finish.

Now, i am not trying to sound like its something easy, or that u should be completely relaxed about. after all they received about 700 applicants, with that list growing in numbers in a daily basis. from those 700 only 12 can get into the Cadet pilot programe this year, at least.

the hard part is not being invited, as it seems many of the people who have got their papers right and meet the requirements will be invited at some point. I think the hard part comes during these stages, where you have to show them why you are the right candidate for them to spend 500,000 Dirhams on.

From what it looks like, they are not looking for the most intelligent person, but as they said to us , they are looking for ''people they can sit next to for a 10 hour flight in a cockpit''.

I am waiting for them to email me to see if i passed and therefore i am invited to the next stage which i believe is some kind of motor exam, but not entirely sure.... I am realy paraying here and crossing my fingers that i get invited for that, cus it seems the competition is very tight.

The only thing i don't see very logical about this , is that some of the guys who were there with me, were coming from another country like Canada, they actually came with the purpose of doing the Etihad Stage one.
afterwards they told us that they would call us back if we passed, in approximately 2 weeks, thus that would mean that many of the people who live abroad would have to come back to the UAE from their countries in 2-3 weeks, for the stage two, and same thing for the stage 3, and who knows how many stages are there... Its illogical for some who are not able to pay for tha plane ticket to come here every time they call them, some of them cant stay here in the UAE to wait, because they have things to do back at home like school or college or work. Or what if they waited here the 2-3 weeks and in the end they told them they did not pass?

anyhow the interviewers said there will be other assessments in other cities like Frankfurt, Sydney, J-burg, NY (i think) and some other. Whats strange is that there was a number of people in there who were coming from countries closer to frankfurt and those other cities, why didnt interview them there, when their time came? why bring them all the way to the UAE?

so yeah, thats all i know... i am crossing my fingers here..hehe

Good Luck to all of u.

ashmunn
19th Jun 2008, 13:48
wow mate, thanks for the insight. how do you think you went? how long was the interview and what did it involve? all the best to you mate ;)

dubble_dubble
19th Jun 2008, 14:29
Thanks for the info zopenhawer,

This is EXACTLY what i said. Getting shortlisted means absoloutly zilch. If you are at least 18 and no more than 26 and dont have anything higher than PPL..you will you will you will be shortlisted and get an assesment. So there are initially thousands of applicants world wide.

Im guessing, as they do in LSATs (Law School exams), you need to beat the average score to be considered for the next round. If those 29ppl scored an average of 75%, i guess people above the class average would be called in again...and slowly yet surely they WILL get the numbers down to only a few!

zopenhawer, where u allowed a calculator? And for the maths section, was it kind of general math or did it involve physics??

Thanks pal:ok:

dubbble

zopenhawer
19th Jun 2008, 14:31
The exam takes aprox 2 and a half hours, including the intoduction.
I think i did great in most of them, except maybe one of the math ones.
Its not that it was hard, it was quite simple, the thing is that it had the kind of math i used to do back in grade 10 in highschool, and i have not practiced that in like 3 years, i dont think i failed thou. but if we had been given more time i guess i would have been able to remember how it was i used to solve it. by the way , they dont let u use a calculator, so i suggest u practice ur subtractions and divisions on papaer, cus must of us havent done any of those in ages, u know how it is that we get used to using the great calculator.:ugh:
also practice stuff related to percentages, common fsctors, algebra, angles, and CONVERSIONS! thats the part were i went bad, with the conversions, feet to metres, miles to km, etc.
One thing i forgot to mention is that when they invite u to the assesment , they dont tel u wat u are gonna be assesed on. and many of us mistakenly went there with the idea that we were gona have a face to face interview. it turns out we didnt... no interview for on on the first stage.
Man i ust wished sumone had warned me about all these before i did my assesment hehe.

ashmunn
19th Jun 2008, 14:46
well arent we lucky to have you ;) sounds like a long drawn out process ! god knows how long its going to take !!

CruiseControl_007
19th Jun 2008, 15:24
Fantastic insight zopenhawer. Thanks!

Just wondering what your circumstances are i.e. are you a PPL holder? Do you have any flying experience?

Also what was your status before you got shortlisted and called to the assessment i.e. was it 'Under Review' or was it 'Blank'?

Did they mention anything about London assessments?

Yes it does seem a little illogical in inviting foreigners to the UAE when they could take the tests in their respective countries or close by.

cadet_hani
19th Jun 2008, 17:08
I'm shortlisted to0o but didnt recieved any email regarding to assessment!

zopenhawer
19th Jun 2008, 17:47
yeah, i do hold an FAA PPL. From what i see , very few people have flying experience, but i dont think that matters, given that they are offering ab-incio training ( from scartch) . It would definately help u though if u hav flight experience, i was taking to one of the interviewers after the assesment, i asked them that same question about ''what if u already hold a PPL licence?''. His reply was that it depends all with the UAE Aviation Administration or GCAA. But he thinks that if i get in, i would jump certain things from the course, things that i already know, although they say that they wont put me ahead of all others from my generation.
Also during the assesment they asked a few questions about aviation, geographical stuff and general knowledge stuff, those questions were asked to all of us verbally, but i dont think those questions were to assess any of us. who knows... e.g. they show a picture of an airport overview on the screen, and they ask ''who knows which airport this is?''
maybe on the next stage, the fact that i am a private pilot aready will help. Cus i was reading about the psycho motor test they are gonna do on the next stage and it turns out i ve done stuff like that before... so i guess the experience will help...
And i applied not long ago, early on June, i guess i was lucky cus i gota reply from them 3 days after, they asked me to go to the first stage last thursday.

EYZ
19th Jun 2008, 18:35
Your online staus does not mean anything, shortlisted, nothing, etc.
Dont panic!

rmoller
19th Jun 2008, 19:11
CONVERSIONS: is it enough to know 1mile=1.6km or do you have to know them like this 1.609 and 1feet=30cm, or 30.48?
and what kind of math, do they ask integrals and stuff or just basic math?
and physics, do you need to know all those physical formulas by heart (like the formulas for waves etc )...

thx :)

Speedbird2263
19th Jun 2008, 20:22
You've been a great help Zopenhawer...with the insight and the willingness to share your experience. I believe you will be successful in your ventures :ok:

I have a question though, Im from the caribbean and currently residing in the states, I hear you mention that New York might be a city listed for assessments, can you confirm that seeing as the first "selection" might be in July from what I understand?

ZaaZoo
19th Jun 2008, 23:07
Yea, thanks for the info!

zopenhawer
19th Jun 2008, 23:36
well regarding the guy from the Carribean, i am not entirely sure wether he said NY or toronto, actually i dont remember well, i think ur best bet will be sending them an email and asking them, for which date and location.

about the guy asking for what kind of math, its all simple stuff, algebraic, yes i believe there was one with integrals, i think i mentioned earlier in a post other things that are on the math. i think u guys should rather practice doing math quickly, because i think that was my weakness , the maths were simple but the thing is timing guy... i was unable to finish the whole thing.

Uff, I am getting stressed now, now that i am actually thinking about it... hehe. :)

i managed to get a quick glance of other people's answer sheet , when they were collecting them, and i saw many of the ppl around me did not finish, so maybe i shouldnt worry too much...

KingNewtz
20th Jun 2008, 00:13
Thanks for the Information Zopenhawer, Hope everything works out for you to go in the right seat of the Bus. Do you know if any of the other candidates had Commercial Liscence with alot of hours? Are they only recruiting low time PPL Pilots?

passionate.aviator
20th Jun 2008, 01:11
friends,
can anyone tell me if Singapore is on the list of assessment? when will etihad start overseas assessments?

ZaaZoo
20th Jun 2008, 19:26
If your in Singapore why not try out for singapore airlines, i mean jesus h. christ!!!!!

Save some for the fish:8:}

zopenhawer
21st Jun 2008, 10:11
I dont think singapore airlines has a cadet pilot programe, does it?

and about commercial license, they wont accept u if u hav one. they are also accepting people with now flight experience at all.

ZaaZoo
21st Jun 2008, 11:27
Was just joking but im pretty sure they do....anywho, i just want to be called for the assesment, shake some hands and network myself into the position!:8:E

skhan11
21st Jun 2008, 17:36
Only if it were that easy, doubt it is though!

AiRBuS_380
21st Jun 2008, 18:50
Hi guys,

Singapore Airlines has a ab intio cadet pilot programme since the late 80s.... this has been a opportunitiy for candidates with HK, SGP, Malaysia, India nationalities...

Now adays getting a cadetship in SQ is tough and tons of luck are need... Those who qualify for the SQ programme you can try it out... the opportunity cost will be the low pay and the long bond as compared to other airlines...

Training will take from 3 to 4 years with a bond of 7 yrs from the start of an FO appointment.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Great Way to Fly

MidgetBoy
21st Jun 2008, 19:05
Bond or not, SQ is a good airline.

ZaaZoo
22nd Jun 2008, 14:33
A co-worker of mine is having an interview today for in-flight at a hotel near JFK.I wonder if they will use the same place for this assessment.:8

EYZ
24th Jun 2008, 15:24
The Noth American selection has been delayed until August, as has most others except Europe.
Logistics I hear from a friend has delayed things.

fredduciel
24th Jun 2008, 22:05
Hello everybody !
was out for a couple of mounth you wrote a lot guys !! I gonna Introduce myself with the usual question you ask to each other , without lies and hope to see you somewhere soon !
I come from France , applied on early April and my status turned from applied to under review last week. have a ppl and the equivalent of a Class 1 medical. Of course my question is when and where will be a selection assessment in europe , when the training may begin , and... that's all finally , our aim is to fly isn't it ?
looking for informations , If you find some , post it !
have nice flights , enjoy and see you all !
cheers

fred.

ZaaZoo
25th Jun 2008, 09:12
Hi fred, nice screen name....

adsSW
26th Jun 2008, 11:24
EYZ

So Uk and the rest of europe are getting shortlisted in July?

Avesh
26th Jun 2008, 12:00
Damn! n us Asians still left in the dark:ugh::ugh::ugh:

bad_attitude
26th Jun 2008, 14:25
my status is still ..... :confused::confused::confused:

EYZ
27th Jun 2008, 19:27
No UK and Europe is not shortlisting in July but is doing selections in July.

The shortlisting is already done!

ZaaZoo
28th Jun 2008, 08:18
They are selecting them before they shortlist them/

leyahl
28th Jun 2008, 14:05
Anyone else unable to get on the etihad careers website?

CruiseControl_007
28th Jun 2008, 14:30
Yup I can't get on it too...must be a sign ;)

hjmemon
28th Jun 2008, 14:50
Hi,
Same here. Cant get to the careers page. Well no offense but instead of some kind of sign it seems like a problem with their sever or the script.
Anyways have kind of lost hopes in this Programme atleast, unless i see an email from them stating that i have been shortlisted.
TC and Wish everyone best of luck.

CruiseControl_007
28th Jun 2008, 15:32
hjmemon,

None taken. I didn't mean it literally!

Speedbird2263
2nd Jul 2008, 15:07
Does anyone have a clue as to what the blank status might mean? Ive read from still valid to server problems...anyone with a similar issue to date that can give me an insight?....There's no status indication period. I applied a month ago and it only recently changed to blank.

AshRat
3rd Jul 2008, 03:20
Hey mate, when you applied to the cadet program, did your status bar just keep saying "applied" and nothing else? I recently applied about 2 or 3 weeks ago and my status bar has completely disappeared for some reason. A friend of mine applied at the same time as me although he has about 1200hrs and received response just this last monday gone saying he was too qualified for the cadet position...but at least he got a response. Have you heard from them at all yet?

AshRat
3rd Jul 2008, 03:28
Speedbird, I'm having the same problem mate. Like I said, a friend of mine applied at the same time as me and his went to under review on Monday with an email from them requesting he apply to a position that more suits his experience. Point is he received a response wheras my status has just completely disappeared. I hope it's nothing to worry about.

Speedbird2263
3rd Jul 2008, 08:02
Ashrat, that's exactly the issue that I'm currently facing. Separate and apart from the standard "application received" email that everyone gets I haven't received anything else and 3wks ago would be about the time I applied as well. The entire time i checked my status everyday and only just about 5days ago now i suppose my status bar just disappeared altogether. I hope as well that it doesn't indicate a problem with the apps.
Your friend is lucky to have gotten a response. I also have a friend that applied and got a rejection e-mail quite possibly because he has almost 1500hrs.

malirm
3rd Jul 2008, 08:55
Hi All,

I'm planning to have a LASIK surgery for my eyes, does anybody reccomend it for a 19 year old boy approaching a Cadet Pilot programme in the coming few months...

Did anyone of you had it while carrying a Pilot's License, I've heard it would be better to have it before you start flying...I don't know about the GCAA or EY's policy...

PLEASE HELP...

dubble_dubble
3rd Jul 2008, 16:20
Malrim, if i was you, id stick to glasses for the rest of my life! (that is if you want to fly)

God knows what researches may come about down the road ..imagine if one day researchers find out people with lasik eye-surgery are at great risk at high altitudes or in pressurized cabins or what not!

That would be a showstopper for you and your career:ouch:

Just my opinion:ok:

AdamLT
4th Jul 2008, 16:44
hi all

ive just been invited to the assessment day at the end of the month at LHR. is anyone else attending that day?

ad

vini123456789
4th Jul 2008, 16:53
i ahve been invited aswell
see you there
!!!1

Wackpac
4th Jul 2008, 18:28
me three, good luck all

CruiseControl_007
4th Jul 2008, 18:31
Nice one guys!

Did you get an email AND a message in your workspace and what time did you receive it?

I haven't received anything yet. Constantly checking my email and workspace but nout.

I'm just wondering whether they will interview those 'Under Review' first and then if they need to interview more inviting those applicants who have a 'Blank' status.

Oh well...best of luck guys. If anything changes down my end I'll let you know.

adsSW
4th Jul 2008, 21:21
Been invited too!! See you all there on the 30th!

samg
4th Jul 2008, 21:26
I got my e-mail this afternoon too, see you at Heathrow on the 29th.

guybrush
5th Jul 2008, 02:19
How come some of you got e-mails on a Friday? I understand its a weekend down in the UAE. Could someone please elaborate? Hope you're not pulling our legs.

But if its true, CONGRATS :D!

Cheers:ok:
guybrush

quib21
5th Jul 2008, 10:24
I have my interview on 29th as well see you all there!!;)

rhythm08
5th Jul 2008, 10:37
Mines on the 30th!!!!!!!!! can't wait. Have they invited everyone who applied though hehe :P

Or have we actually stuck out to them?

Cheers

Jay

emirates001
5th Jul 2008, 11:20
For those of you that have been invited for an assessment, Have you all got at least a PPL or less?

Wondered if anyone with a CPL/IR has been invited yet.

ZaaZoo
5th Jul 2008, 11:35
That's great for you EU guys, now all of us here in the USA have to wait until august.

ashmunn
5th Jul 2008, 11:38
yeh and all of us waiting 'down under,' when will the assessment day be in australia? well done to all of you guys through ;) best of luck !!

CruiseControl_007
5th Jul 2008, 11:41
Just wanted ask a question to guys who have been invited...

Was you status 'Under Review' or 'Blank' when you got the invite?

Cheers.

rhythm08
5th Jul 2008, 12:02
Mine said under review.

So have they just invited everyone who applied or have they actually screened th CV's first?

Jay

AdamLT
5th Jul 2008, 12:13
emirates001......i dont have a PPL, just 40 hours. in the email, you have to confirm the following....

You are not currently a holder of a CPL.

cruisecontrol 007...mine said 'under review'

ad

CruiseControl_007
5th Jul 2008, 12:29
ashmunn,

...in the email, you have to confirm the following....

You are not currently a holder of a CPL.

Thus CPL holders do not satisfy their requirements.

ashmunn
5th Jul 2008, 12:33
yeh i got that, officially i dont have the cpl licence yet. but im thinking this is all just a waste of time now. i dont think i can be bothered re-sitting the exams. on my application i wrote that i had passed all my cpl subjects, and i have been under review for 5 weeks now, havent been rejected.

AdamLT
5th Jul 2008, 12:37
ashmunn,

how come you said you had your CPL on your application but you don't have it yet?
maybe consider changing it on your application. i added my cv about 1 month after i initially completed my application.
be patient. i applied in april. long wait i know.

fingers crossed for you

ashmunn
5th Jul 2008, 12:40
no i put on my cv that i had passed all 7 of the cpl theory exams, i still have a few more hours to get before i sit the flight test. i sent my cv and app at same time. so they know i have passed all my exams, but they didnt reject me! but im guessing if i do make it i will have to resit them.

AdamLT
5th Jul 2008, 12:45
ashmunn...

don't worry. i have a friend starting with netjets (at OAA) this month. he has his PPL, 130 hours and passed 7 of the 14 ATPL exams. he has to re-sit everything.
he's not gutted..just really looking forward to starting.

ashmunn
5th Jul 2008, 12:49
ah thats cool, good on him. if anything, already having done them will make it easier to resit them i guess lol. i have no idea how long this recruitment process will take, so being up to the cpl test almost, i might have to put the flying on hold. cheers for your insight mate ;) wish ya all the best !

AdamLT
5th Jul 2008, 12:54
all the best to you too...and i'm sure you'll ace the CPL skills test :)

JohnPits
5th Jul 2008, 13:31
Hi everyone havent posted on this thread yet but did apply to Etihad back in May.

Through to next stage as well end of the month:

30th July LHR.
J

rhythm08
5th Jul 2008, 13:38
So guys does anyone know whether the applications have actually been screened or have they just invited everyone that met criteria?

Jay

EYZ
5th Jul 2008, 14:49
They have been screened, 7000 down to 1000. Asrum you dont have a CPL, do you? So dont panic, yes you would have to resit them, unless you have a UAE CPL? I doubt thats the case. Oz in August or early Sept.

rmoller
5th Jul 2008, 15:05
7000? that other guy said that there were only 700 ;)...

I'm still under review, maybe because I'm not 18 yet (in August I will be), or maybe it is because I'm from Belgium, damn Arabic racists :p (just joking, you never know, maybe the guy who does the selections with etihad reads this topic daily :p)

TwoTone-7
5th Jul 2008, 16:13
Applied some 7 weeks ago. Not heard much, how should one contact them?

homonster
5th Jul 2008, 18:25
so i underrstand there are 2 days of interview then. 29th and 30th.
anyone on the 29th with me?
suggestions for some brush upssss and what to expect?

Ouseburn
5th Jul 2008, 21:15
Seems like I've made it through on the 29th as well...

AdamLT
5th Jul 2008, 22:42
homonster..i am on the 29th aswell.

i'm guessing maths, maybe physics. as well as other things..but just be yourself!

hopefully shoudl get an email this week with what to expect.

rhythm08
6th Jul 2008, 01:54
I'm not 18 until August but I'm through. So does anyone actually know the figures on how many they have shortlisted from then to. ie 7000 to a 1000 etc?

Can't wait, wonder what they're looking for in their perfect cadet?

malirm
6th Jul 2008, 09:48
Hope the best for you guys...goodluck

I'm still waiting for my turn in AUH...I think I am in the NOV 08 batch...or (otherwise) in any batch after Feb09...(after getting the HND in Aerospace Eng)...

Go through this article
Fourth class of Emirati cadet pilots begin training | Etihad Airways (http://www.ameinfo.com/162252.html)

The 8th paragraph

GOOD LUCK

TwoTone-7
6th Jul 2008, 10:30
Guys, have you been contacting Etihad by phone or just plain e mail. I'd like to phone them but unsure of where to phone at.

Any ideas?

leyahl
6th Jul 2008, 12:20
Just got shortlisted!! Will be coming down from Nottingham on the 29th. See you all there! :O

Rapha_BA
6th Jul 2008, 13:17
:ok:Congratz mate!!!I'vey applied yesterday and my status changed today to "under review",do you guys reckon I came a bit to late?how long ago did you applied?

Lowspirited
6th Jul 2008, 14:01
hmmm i noticed people mentioning uploading CV's again, the application form didn't ask for CV but when you review the application theres an option to upload CV. so does anyone know if we're meant to actualy upload a CV or not?

AdamLT
6th Jul 2008, 15:02
lowspirited,

yes, i uploaded it after i was told by a friend (who has got through) to upload your cv. as you can't put your qualifications anywhere on the application form, it makes sense to attach it now.
i uploaded it about a month after i initially sent the application off. i thought they wouldnt accept it, but i am pleased to say i have been called for the assessment.

good luck

Bigga
6th Jul 2008, 17:08
Congrats to everyone making the first stage, I too will be joining you at the end of this month! :)

cadet_hani
6th Jul 2008, 18:01
any one with CPL/IR got shortlisted for the assessment ?

EYZ
6th Jul 2008, 18:50
No, CPL holders will not be shortlisted.

craig2210
6th Jul 2008, 19:02
Hey guys. Anyone going to the assessment day on the 8th July 2008?

mattycourt
6th Jul 2008, 19:05
Hey guys! Ive got an assessment coming up on the 30th of this month in LHR! Anyone else going to be there? Good Luck!

emirates001
6th Jul 2008, 19:30
I've been shortlisted and I hold a ATPL(F) with approx 900hrs bit confused now :confused:

I've e-mailed them to ask if there has been a mistake. Anyone else had the same problem?

CruiseControl_007
6th Jul 2008, 19:35
Did you guys get an email or was there a message in your workspace?

AdamLT
6th Jul 2008, 20:12
cruise control....it was email mate

cadet_hani
6th Jul 2008, 20:14
Yes Im a CPL/IR holder i have a 200 hrs of experiance on cessna's i recieved an email stating that im shortlisted too on 17/04/08. But still waiting for the assessment.

fredduciel
7th Jul 2008, 09:47
Hi guys,
Congrats for you all who are having appointments with etihad on the end of the mounth , I wish you a good preparation !
I'm beeing under review for 3 weeks now and just uploaded my CV yesterday , when you all uploaded your cv could you see it after ? I can't see it's done or attached somewhere, do you ?
you are all UK as well , no frenchies ?
thanks for your reply Zaazoo , any new for you?
have a nice monday !

fred.

rmoller
7th Jul 2008, 11:05
I'm invited to go to selections the 28th in Frankfurt:}

AvEnthusiast
7th Jul 2008, 11:57
EYZ,

Then how these people claiming have CPL/IR and hours of experience been shortlisted?

fredduciel
7th Jul 2008, 12:47
Hello everybody !
Let's go to Frankfurt on the 28th as well , hi rmoller we'll meet up there !
Ihave been waiting so long I'm so excited right now !
good luck to everybody !

fred.

bookshelf
7th Jul 2008, 14:20
Hi all,

I'm invited to go to Frankfurt on 28th July as well.

Do you know what kind of tests should we expect ???

Cuz' i don't have any ideas.

Good luck

Cheers

Rapha_BA
7th Jul 2008, 14:40
How long did you guys had to wait to hear anything from them(shortlisted or not)after you uploaded your cv????

Raf;)

rmoller
7th Jul 2008, 14:50
I've applied in may, so about 2months ago :)

SW1
7th Jul 2008, 15:02
Hi,

I applied to this scheme on April 14th. My status has shown blank since late May. I have sent emails to the various addresses that have been posted on this forum but have heard no reply.

Anyone else in the same boat? To be honest Ive already started the ATPL exams as Im not waiting for these lot to come knocking at my door...

Cheers

antes56
7th Jul 2008, 15:23
Hi everyone!...I have been Shortlisted for the 28th July in Frankfurt....
We'll see you there!

Anyone know about what we are exactly going to do there??

THANKS!!:ok:

Aeromar27
7th Jul 2008, 15:26
I applied about 4 months ago. It wasn't until 2 weeks ago that my status changed to "under review". Today i got an email about the assessment so i guess ill meet you guys in Frankfurt on the 28th. Ill be the guy with the white rose in the front pocket (kidding).

Any ideas on what to prepare for the interview would be appreciated. I already replied to the email and am awaiting further details for the appointment.

Other facts:
I have a PPL (no CPL).
I don't have any big contacts.
I don't work for Etihad nor does any relative of mine or anyone else i know.

Rapha_BA
7th Jul 2008, 16:01
Thanks guys!that clears up the air here...I've only applied 2 days ago,day ago the status changed to "under review" so I guess they only started looking at it now...!would be nice to know how many assesment days will be held in august as I believe this month the slots will be taken already!I dont mind flying anywhere to take the assesment as I work for an airline and I can use my staff travel!well,lets wait and see!!!
Good luck for you guys invited to the 28th!!!:ok:

roll_over
7th Jul 2008, 16:35
Summer holidays and staff travel, not a good mix, but I'm sure you know that:}

phab5ive
7th Jul 2008, 16:37
I have been invited to the 1st assessment in London too, but I couldn't make the date they suggested. I gave an alternative date(s), and I am just waiting to hear back from them.
Congratulations to everyone who got through! Just have to figure out a way to scam the test ;-)

Rapha_BA
7th Jul 2008, 16:57
Roll over
yeah,not a good mix,the problem is when ypu have this perk but there's no holidays left on the system,so you can only use on your days off(my case)but hey,better than nothing I guess...:ugh:

No emails yet,I'll be camping in front of my laptop for the next few weeks I guess,or preparing plan B
Does anyone knows the acceptance percentage on this scheme?:ok:

Rapha_BA
7th Jul 2008, 16:59
Phab5ive,can I be sneake and ask you,when is your assesment,is it August?

Aeromar27
7th Jul 2008, 17:04
wow, i wouldnt rely on staff travel for such an important appointment. Well, maybe id50, u dont wanna deal with availability.

Any ideas on how to prepare for the assessment? im studying with the COMPASS test... am i wasting my time?

Rapha_BA
7th Jul 2008, 17:46
No wasting your time at all,thats the base of most assesments I believe!and yeah,I'll try and book a firm ticket,prob ID80!but I need the email offering me the chance first:}

vini123456789
7th Jul 2008, 17:54
hi i emailed them to confirm every thing that yes i am available and all that but they havent replied back any one with the same problem

Aeromar27
7th Jul 2008, 18:08
Well, you have to know that UAE is zulu+4... they are long gone home. I wouldn't expect anything for the next 2 or 3 days.

C05
7th Jul 2008, 18:49
hi all,
any1 that completed 2nd phase tests in Dubai, about 2 weeks ago, heard anything??:confused: